INTER, Ranocchia: "You can't grow as a player without going through bad times"
© foto di Federico De Luca
Andrea Ranocchia is the guest on today's episode of 'A tu per tu,' the show presented by Roberto Scarpini which – via a player interview – looks ahead to Inter's league game the following day.
On inter.it you can find the text version of the show broadcast on Inter Channel.
Andrea, we're heading into three massive games in the fight for third place. There are four sides involved. It really is a fight to the finish...
"Yes, it's a tough fight. We can't finish third with the points we have so we want and need to finish the season well, continuing what we've been showing."
If we look at the games since Andrea Stramaccioni has been in charge, Inter are third in the table behind Juventus and Parma. So essentially tomorrow's game is a six-pointer...
"Yes, we're meeting a side in form, they've got great individual quality up front. We know their strikeforce is very dangerous, but we also know that we need to continue to perform well."
Is it more difficult for a tall defender like you to deal with a striker like Sebastian Giovinco?
"Yes, it's difficult, but I've already played against him. Sometimes I've come out on top, on others he has. When you're on the pitch you need to adapt to every type of opponent. In Serie A you come across all sorts of attackers, tall, short, slight, well-built... On many occasions I've heard people say I can't play against players like Giovinco. But that's the not the case, otherwise I'd stop playing, or I'd only play when our opponents had a tall, powerful frontman."
It is, however, more difficult...
"Yes, it's more difficult, but that is especially the case because Giovinco has great technique. He's great at beating players, so you need help from your fellow defenders and the midfield. You need to play as a unit otherwise he can hurt you because he's quick and he's got great technique."
You've just come through a tough time, the sort that you can learn from...
"This is what you need if you want to improve. You can't grow as a player without going through bad times. In football, just like in life, you can't grow without suffering. Yes, I went through a tough time, under a coach who I believe I didn't see eye to eye with, even on a personal level. It's more difficult when you don't play regularly, you lose the tempo, your touch, your instincts... It takes a bit of time to get that back, and the first few games were difficult, I wasn't entirely comfortable. I'd played so few games, just five in six months. It's obvious you need a bit of time to bed back in. Now I feel good, even if I'm still not at my best, but I've found a bit more match sharpness in the last two games and I hope to play between now and the end of the season."
Did Cesare Prandelli say anything in particular to you when you met at Appiano?
"No, he just asked how I was."
Are you hopeful of making the squad for the Euros?
"I respect the coach's decisions, and I always will. I realise that, having played so little, it's hard for me to be considered. It's also true that I've already played for the national team so the coach knows me. I obviously hope to be called up, if I'm not I'll just do everything I can to be at my best for next season."
Coming back to Inter. There's a real scrap for third place and Inter appear to have the toughest run-in...
"Our run-in means everything and nothing. Both sides start every game as equals. We need to pick up nine points and then we'll see what happens."
Nine points and perhaps even a goal from Ranocchia...
"I tried to score against Cesena. Let's see what happens in the next few games. I hope so..."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 24 Nov 11:59 JUVENTUS, Chiellini: "City will be aggressive. Dybala is developing into a very fine player, technique-wise"
- 20 Nov 00:00 AC MILAN, Donnarumma: "Being compared to Buffon is an honour, he's the all-time best"
- 19 Nov 16:30 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "I'm not surprised Premier League are tracking him"
- 18 Nov 17:30 JUVENTUS, Morata: "At Paris it was a terrible tragedy"
- 16 Nov 10:36 ITALY/ JUVE, Pogba will leave and join Barcelona, according to FIFA agent Bronzetti
- 15 Nov 17:00 AS ROMA, Garcia on Paris attacks: "Let's all stay close against such tragedies"
- 09 Nov 18:00 ITALY, Conte: "Pirlo may not make Italy Euro 2016 squad"
- 09 Nov 17:49 ITALY/ AC MILAN, For the midfield observing Maher
- 09 Nov 15:40 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We are proud of what we are achieving"
- 06 Nov 00:05 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "I will do the best that I can to support Mancini and Inter. Scudetto? We will see"
- 05 Nov 22:04 INTER, Deschamps: "Difficult situation for Kondogbia at Inter"
- 05 Nov 08:29 AS ROMA, Nainggolan: "Good victory over Leverkusen, but we need to improve defence-wise"
- 04 Nov 05:57 EXCLUSIVE - Cristiano Zanetti: "Inter is favourite for Scudetto, injuries will make the difference. Mancini understands all game situations"
- 03 Nov 14:13 ITALY, Summit Thohir-Berlusconi, the topics
- 03 Nov 07:59 INTER, Mancini: "Scudetto? We'll think about that later"
- 02 Nov 20:39 AC MILAN, Bertolacci: tear of the rectus femoris muscle in his left thigh
- 02 Nov 18:27 AC MILAN, Antonelli: "We knew Lazio's wide-men are the league's best. A very good moment for us"
- 01 Nov 22:00 TORINO, Bad news from the infirmary: Maksimovic's return delayed
- 29 Oct 09:57 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Sassuolo disaster: "No excuse for our approach, I'm really disappointed. All of us are to blame"
- 28 Oct 07:30 INTER, Handanovic: "My save on Destro? That's simply my job. But we need to work on our mentality and approach"
- 27 Oct 06:00 INTER, Mancini: "Besides Fiorentina unfortunate game, we showed to be defensively solid"
- 26 Oct 21:35 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini: "Icardi will rediscover goalscoring form"
- 26 Oct 14:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "We played almost perfectly against Chievo"
- 26 Oct 09:47 JUVENTUS, Pereyra could stop for 20 days
- 24 Oct 04:08 ITALY/ JUVE, Marotta: "Draxler chose money over Juventus"
- 22 Oct 20:30 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: " At Inter I played one and half season, but I couldn't keep the continuity "
- 22 Oct 13:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Walcott: "The secret to beating Bayern"
- 21 Oct 08:59 AS ROMA, Pjanic on 4-4 draw at Leverkusen: "A real shame, we shouldn't have conceded them that much"
- 20 Oct 10:27 AS ROMA, Florenzi: "Happy to have drawn more attention on me after the goal against Barça"
- 20 Oct 05:23 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "We have built a good squad and our objective for this year is to get back into the Champions"
- 19 Oct 13:15 ITALY, Ancelotti: "I would never coach Inter"
- 19 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Marchisio: "Important point against Inter. We are not giving up on Scudetto"
- 16 Oct 20:33 INTER, Mancini: "Some things have changed from my first time here"
- 16 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Khedira: "Now Italian league is thrilling for us. In a way, that's a good thing"
- 15 Oct 06:00 LAZIO, Club M.D. on De Vrij: "We hope we can avoid knee surgery"
- 14 Oct 19:02 AC MILAN, Calabria: "Proud to represent Italy Under-21s"
- 14 Oct 09:53 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Signed the young Di Massimo
- 14 Oct 06:00 INTER, Alex Telles looks forward to Juventus clash: "We are prepared, and we can win. Things might change a lot after next weekend"
- 12 Oct 07:57 JUVENTUS, Medical report on Morata: no fractures
- 10 Oct 00:00 INTER, Montoya's agent: "He will stay"
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Nedved: "I don't see Morata in another club"
- 07 Oct 11:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Also Valencia are battling to sign Victor Valdes
- 07 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He has never asked to leave"
- 06 Oct 00:00 INTER, Dimarco's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 05 Oct 00:00 AC MILAN, Mihajlovic: "I won't resign"
- 04 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "I will stay for some more seasons, then.."
- 03 Oct 06:00 INTER, Vidic's agent: "Nothing true about DC United's interest"
- 02 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "Too early to talk about my new contract"
- 01 Oct 13:27 JUVENTUS, Morata after triumph over FC Seville: "Delighted for victory more than for my goal. I really enjoy working with Dybala"
- 01 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Vecino: "I am very happy in Florence"
- 30 Sep 06:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "I would have liked to play in England"
- 29 Sep 19:58 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner will miss the Group D meeting with Sevilla
- 29 Sep 19:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - AS ROMA: "Vital game against BATE. No problem playing in Keita's usual position, if I'm needed there"
- 29 Sep 16:46 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Disciplinary action against Caceres: suspension from the first team
- 29 Sep 13:30 CHAMPIONS, Bate-Roma: Possible lineups Roma boss Garcia set for 100th game in charge
- 29 Sep 06:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 28 Sep 13:59 Roll with the exes - FROSINONE v EMPOLI: the only one is a very recent one
- 28 Sep 10:37 Roll with the exes - ATALANTA v SAMPDORIA: One for each team, both Paraguayan
- 28 Sep 00:00 BOLOGNA, Corvino: "Rossi will stay"
- 26 Sep 23:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, TORINO v PALERMO: several ones, Belotti is the most recent
- 26 Sep 21:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, SASSUOLO v CHIEVO VERONA: one captain and icon among
- 26 Sep 15:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, NAPOLI v JUVENTUS: the only real one is a manager
- 26 Sep 11:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, AS ROMA v CARPI: a veteran Giallorossi striker in between
- 24 Sep 13:00 Roll with the exes - EMPOLI v ATALANTA: One for each squad
- 23 Sep 23:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Matchday 5 failure: "We weren't careful enough on Frosinone corner kick"
- 23 Sep 16:00 Roll with the exes - LAZIO v GENOA: two important offensive players in the spotlight
- 23 Sep 13:17 Roll with the exes - SAMPDORIA v AS ROMA: once Giallorossi star
- 23 Sep 12:00 Roll with the exes - INTER v HELLAS VERONA: a former big scorer among
- 23 Sep 10:59 Roll with the exes - JUVENTUS v FROSINONE: all on greenhorns side
- 22 Sep 01:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's coach: "Agreement for his new deal"
- 19 Sep 12:00 AC MILAN v PALERMO, Matchday 4 Special Preview - Nocerino is not the only ex
- 19 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I want to win with this club"
- 18 Sep 13:45 GENOA v JUVENTUS, Special Preview - Sturaro is the recent moving jewel
- 18 Sep 00:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - AS ROMA (Group E), scorer of the highlight goal Florenzi: "It will be one of my best football memories"
- 17 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "Relaxed about my new contract"
- 16 Sep 14:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - JUVENTUS (Group D), Morata: "When we play as we know to, we're among the best teams in Europe"
- 16 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Strinic's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 15 Sep 16:39 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - MANCHESTER CITY v JUVENTUS (Group D): Fernando from the kick-off
- 15 Sep 08:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He has 99,9% chances to renew"
- 14 Sep 07:00 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "This is the Balotelli we always want to see"
- 11 Sep 08:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 10 Sep 08:00 PALERMO, Gilardino: "I thought I was going to stay at Fiorentina"
- 10 Sep 01:17 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: "We need to start winning immediately. I'll be the offensive midfielder Allegri wants"
- 09 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Morganella: "Happy to have renewed"
- 08 Sep 11:12 INTER, Perisic: "Ditching Wolfsburg for Inter was easy"
- 07 Sep 16:30 AC MILAN, Once more Bad Boy Balotelli: driving license suspended
- 07 Sep 15:15 AS ROMA, Medical tests for Pjanic
- 07 Sep 11:39 LAZIO, De Vrij injured playing for Dutch NT
- 05 Sep 00:00 TORINO, Glik: "I never asked to leave"
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "We've been in talks for Hamsik"
- 02 Sep 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We were hoping to obtain Witsel on loan"
- 31 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I expect something from the transfer market"
- 30 Aug 10:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra won't join"
- 28 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Nothing true about Ibrahimovic"
- 27 Aug 08:00 INTER, Brozovic: "OL? I am happy here"
- 21 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Amauri's agent: "I don't think he will leave"
- 20 Aug 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Perisic could join"
- 27 Nov 00:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Possible winter attempt for Ranocchia due to Andreolli's injury
- 26 Nov 23:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Eyes on Caldara
- 26 Nov 22:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Bilic wants Gökhan Töre again with him
- 26 Nov 21:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Working on getting Benatia back
- 26 Nov 20:00 UAE/ AL-WAHDA, Back for Amauri
- 26 Nov 19:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool loan Marsh to Wednesday
- 26 Nov 19:00 BRAZIL/ GREMIO, Suggestion for Marcelo Toscano
- 26 Nov 18:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Alégué
- 26 Nov 17:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland loan Bridcutt to Leeds
- 26 Nov 17:29 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Winter suggestion for Van Persie
- 26 Nov 16:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Kingsley joins Swansea City back
- 26 Nov 16:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bruno Peres renews for Torino
- 26 Nov 16:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA JUNIORS, Done for Osvaldo's return
- 26 Nov 15:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Culpi resigns from Atletico Mineiro
- 26 Nov 14:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: bargain hunter
- 26 Nov 13:27 LEICESTER CITY & WBA, Eyes on Darikwa
- 26 Nov 12:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER 96, Lead over Werder on Lezcano
- 26 Nov 12:29 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Abramovich wants Ribéry
- 26 Nov 11:59 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Willing to bring Juan back
- 26 Nov 11:30 SWITZERLAND/ YOUNG BOYS, Planning to get Michael Frey back
- 26 Nov 11:00 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Deulofeu: "Back to Barça? No way, I love Toffees". Sums and situation
- 26 Nov 10:27 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Leroy Fer might join back in January
- 26 Nov 09:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, 4 veterans renew for Torino
- 26 Nov 09:29 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Trial period for 2 young Uruguayans
- 26 Nov 08:59 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING LISBON, Suggestion for Ranocchia
- 26 Nov 08:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He needs to play with a continuity again. Winter move? I don't know"
- 26 Nov 08:00 JUVENTUS & REAL MADRID, Both surveying Rulli
- 26 Nov 06:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Manchester City extend Zuculini's loan to Middlesbrough
- 26 Nov 04:00 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, New suggestion for Borriello
- 26 Nov 02:00 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Weighing up an offer for Slimani
- 26 Nov 00:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Meeting with Heurtaux's agent soon
- 25 Nov 22:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Tottenham loan McEvoy out
- 25 Nov 20:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Las Palmas extend deal with Tana
- 25 Nov 18:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Rodak renews for Fulham
- 25 Nov 16:00 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Van Gaal on Robben
- 25 Nov 15:31 FRANCE/ PSG, To plot mega-Ronaldo deal
- 25 Nov 15:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, A Serie A suitor for Strinic
- 25 Nov 14:27 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Suggestion for Cigarini
- 25 Nov 13:57 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, 2 Ligue 1 important suitors for Mirallas
- 25 Nov 13:29 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Van Basten could help AC Milan signing De Roon
- 25 Nov 12:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, O'Sullivan renews for Blackburn
- 25 Nov 12:30 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Planning to sign Biabiany on loan from Inter
- 25 Nov 12:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Attempt for Inler if Witsel remains a dream
- 25 Nov 11:27 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Doneil Henry joins Rovers back from West Ham
- 25 Nov 10:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Plan for Papu Gomez
- 25 Nov 10:29 FRANCE/ RENNES, 3 Bundesliga clubs on Grosicki
- 25 Nov 09:59 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Lisandro Lopez's agent: "Benfica-Fiorentina swap involving Suarez? I don't know if that can happen"
- 25 Nov 09:44 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger hopeful his side can get the result needed in Greece to progress
- 25 Nov 09:30 ENGLAND/ NORWICH CITY, Offer to Ohéme for N'Koulou ready
- 25 Nov 09:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Marotta decides: 25 million euros recompra right on Berardi to be used
Forced to a very long stop due to his Achilles tendon's rupture, occurred last November 21, when FC Seville were facing Real Sociedad at Anoeta stadium, Italian 29 years old centre-back Marco Andreolli might be replaced in January by another player to be signed from Inte
Looking forward to Champions League Matchday 5 home game against Manchester City, which might allow Juventus to qualify for eighth finals, Bianconeri
Attending a long press conference, Real Madrid owner Florentino Perez widely commented upon Rafa Benitez's position stability as Merengues manager
On a good route after a difficult start, Manchester United could now get Champiosn League eighth finals pass with one group round turn in advance, now
Interviewed by Maxifoot.fr, Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta stated: "My renewal with PSG? I've always been honest with the c
Scorer of the temporary equalizing goal in last Bundesliga match againt Bayern Munich, which in the end won 3-1 at Veltins-Arena, Schalke 04 risi