INTER, Ranocchia: "You can't grow as a player without going through bad times"
© foto di Federico De Luca
Andrea Ranocchia is the guest on today's episode of 'A tu per tu,' the show presented by Roberto Scarpini which – via a player interview – looks ahead to Inter's league game the following day.
On inter.it you can find the text version of the show broadcast on Inter Channel.
Andrea, we're heading into three massive games in the fight for third place. There are four sides involved. It really is a fight to the finish...
"Yes, it's a tough fight. We can't finish third with the points we have so we want and need to finish the season well, continuing what we've been showing."
If we look at the games since Andrea Stramaccioni has been in charge, Inter are third in the table behind Juventus and Parma. So essentially tomorrow's game is a six-pointer...
"Yes, we're meeting a side in form, they've got great individual quality up front. We know their strikeforce is very dangerous, but we also know that we need to continue to perform well."
Is it more difficult for a tall defender like you to deal with a striker like Sebastian Giovinco?
"Yes, it's difficult, but I've already played against him. Sometimes I've come out on top, on others he has. When you're on the pitch you need to adapt to every type of opponent. In Serie A you come across all sorts of attackers, tall, short, slight, well-built... On many occasions I've heard people say I can't play against players like Giovinco. But that's the not the case, otherwise I'd stop playing, or I'd only play when our opponents had a tall, powerful frontman."
It is, however, more difficult...
"Yes, it's more difficult, but that is especially the case because Giovinco has great technique. He's great at beating players, so you need help from your fellow defenders and the midfield. You need to play as a unit otherwise he can hurt you because he's quick and he's got great technique."
You've just come through a tough time, the sort that you can learn from...
"This is what you need if you want to improve. You can't grow as a player without going through bad times. In football, just like in life, you can't grow without suffering. Yes, I went through a tough time, under a coach who I believe I didn't see eye to eye with, even on a personal level. It's more difficult when you don't play regularly, you lose the tempo, your touch, your instincts... It takes a bit of time to get that back, and the first few games were difficult, I wasn't entirely comfortable. I'd played so few games, just five in six months. It's obvious you need a bit of time to bed back in. Now I feel good, even if I'm still not at my best, but I've found a bit more match sharpness in the last two games and I hope to play between now and the end of the season."
Did Cesare Prandelli say anything in particular to you when you met at Appiano?
"No, he just asked how I was."
Are you hopeful of making the squad for the Euros?
"I respect the coach's decisions, and I always will. I realise that, having played so little, it's hard for me to be considered. It's also true that I've already played for the national team so the coach knows me. I obviously hope to be called up, if I'm not I'll just do everything I can to be at my best for next season."
Coming back to Inter. There's a real scrap for third place and Inter appear to have the toughest run-in...
"Our run-in means everything and nothing. Both sides start every game as equals. We need to pick up nine points and then we'll see what happens."
Nine points and perhaps even a goal from Ranocchia...
"I tried to score against Cesena. Let's see what happens in the next few games. I hope so..."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 23 Jul 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 17:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 10:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 06:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 00:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 00:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 06:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 17:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 06:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 14 Jul 06:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honored by United's interest"
- 13 Jul 06:00 FIORENTINA, Valero: "I am not leaving"
- 12 Jul 00:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "He could still join Milan"
- 11 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Vrsaljko won't join. Cerci.. who knows"
- 10 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Iturbe? We'll see.."
- 09 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "Klose is not for sale"
- 08 Jul 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pradè: "No official offers for Cuadrado"
- 07 Jul 06:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "Don't know anything about Barcelona"
- 04 Jul 00:00 GENOA. Vrsaljko's agent: "No news about his future"
- 03 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He is happy here"
- 02 Jul 08:50 JUVENTUS, Barzagli undergoes surgery in Finland
- 01 Jul 00:00 INTER, Taider: "I will stay"
- 30 Jun 16:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 30 Jun 13:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi about FIGC: "The hour has come for change"
- 28 Jun 00:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "Fiorentina agreable destination"
- 26 Jun 00:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic's agent: "Don't know anything about Lazio"
- 25 Jun 17:00 AC MILAN, Balotelli has hit back at his critics
- 25 Jun 00:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "He is about to join Chievo"
- 24 Jun 00:00 LAZIO, Perea's agent: "He's going nowhere"
- 23 Jun 00:00 MILAN, B. Berlusconi: "Balotelli is not irreplaceable"
- 22 Jun 06:00 FIORENTINA, Bernardeschi: "Udinese and Cagliari agreable destinations"
- 21 Jun 00:00 INTER, Krhin's agent: "Happy to be back"
- 20 Jun 06:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "Italian and foreign clubs after him"
- 19 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We still don't know if he will stay"
- 18 Jun 00:00 NAPOLI, Radosevic's agent: "He's looking for a team where he can play"
- 17 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema's agent: "No agreement for the new contract"
- 17 Jun 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He's like to to end his career in Naples"
- 16 Jun 00:00 NAPOLI, Benitez: "We are not seeking defenders or goalkeepers"
- 14 Jun 00:00 INTER, Rolando: "I would like to remain, but..."
- 13 Jun 16:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi: "Our aim is to get qualified to Champions League"
- 13 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Cristante's agent: "Benfica after him, but he's not for sale"
- 12 Jun 00:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "Besiktas is an option"
- 11 Jun 00:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "Monaco are not after him"
- 10 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella's agent: "Galatasaray? Too early"
- 09 Jun 16:26 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Inzaghi " I thank President Berlusconi and all the club for the faith"
- 09 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I would like to stay"
- 08 Jun 06:00 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "I would like to stay"
- 07 Jun 00:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "No contacts with Besiktas"
- 23 Jul 19:00 ITALY/ PARMA: New offer from UAE, but Amauri wants to stay
- 23 Jul 18:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Back tracking Gaston Ramirez
- 23 Jul 18:30 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Back for Rolando Bianchi's return
- 23 Jul 18:15 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eliseu more and more likely to join
- 23 Jul 18:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Lukaku ready to say farewell: training with Anderlecht
- 23 Jul 17:51 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Walter Samuel joins FC Basel
- 23 Jul 17:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Shakhtar Donetsk, strict clause on Douglas Costa
- 23 Jul 17:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa and Parma working on a swap
- 23 Jul 17:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Manuel Coppola joins Cesena back
- 23 Jul 17:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Dzemaili's agent: "Italian club and Spanish one both near to sign him"
- 23 Jul 16:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, 3 Premier League suitors for Gnabry's loan
- 23 Jul 16:30 RUSSIA/ LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW, Eyes on Tissone
- 23 Jul 16:15 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Asteras Tripoli sign Kosicky
- 23 Jul 16:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FC Basel about to announce Walter Samuel
- 23 Jul 15:45 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Two youngsters renew for Sporting Lisbon
- 23 Jul 15:30 MLS - USA/ NY CITY FC, Xavi might join in December
- 23 Jul 15:15 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, Hubner: "Piazon from Chelsea? There are good signals"
- 23 Jul 14:59 ITALY/ GENOA, Suggestion for Nené
- 23 Jul 14:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chihi joins Fulham
- 23 Jul 14:20 ITALY/ EMPOLI, Keen on Vecino
- 23 Jul 14:00 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Adrian Fernandez joins Quilmes
- 23 Jul 13:43 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter sign back Sanogo
- 23 Jul 13:31 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini wants Isco
- 23 Jul 13:16 ITALY/ CATANIA, Peruzzi will not join Arsenal
- 23 Jul 12:59 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Inter, Firmino a real target. Arsenal put pressure
- 23 Jul 12:46 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal: Fulham capture Eisfeld
- 23 Jul 12:44 FRANCE/ PSG, No contacts with Conte
- 23 Jul 12:36 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Casillas can leave: Arsenal thinking about him
- 23 Jul 12:31 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Krychowiak joins Sevilla
- 23 Jul 12:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Rodriguez: "I stay here"
- 23 Jul 12:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Almeria: arrives Dos Santos
- 23 Jul 10:37 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Khedira so far, Wenger tracking William Carvalho
- 23 Jul 10:15 OFFICIAL/ FRANCE, N'Daw joins Metz
- 23 Jul 10:05 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto sign Brahimi
- 23 Jul 09:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Mathieu joins Barcelona
- 23 Jul 09:14 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Agreement with Nice for Ospina
- 23 Jul 09:00 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Waasland-Beveren sign Sawaneh
- 23 Jul 08:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Marveaux joins Guingamp
- 23 Jul 08:30 ITALY/ PALERMO, Idea Vangioni
- 23 Jul 08:15 NORWAY/ OFFICIAL, Ingebrigtsen is Rosenborg new coach
- 23 Jul 08:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Napoli's offer for Suarez refused
- 23 Jul 07:45 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Olympiacos sign Masuaku
- 23 Jul 07:30 ITALY/ ROMA, Offer for Ferreira Carrasco
- 23 Jul 07:15 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Mordovia sign Le Tallec
- 23 Jul 07:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger needs to rest
- 23 Jul 06:45 MONACO, Vasilyev: "We didn't want to sell Rodriguez"
- 23 Jul 06:30 BORUSSIA D., Klopp: "Hummels to United for 20 millions? Forget it"
- 23 Jul 06:15 TOTTENHAM, Lamela: "Never thought about leaving"
- 23 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to honor my contract"
- 23 Jul 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
Recently drawn towards Torino and Sampdoria, as a less top-range market target, Uruguayan international offensive midfielder and half-forward Gaston Ramirez (23), according to latest rumours reported in Italian media, is back as an item of interest for Juventus management....
AS Roma coach Rudi Garcia has declared: "Lovren and Rami? They have played in France, so certain rumors could come out, could be. The...
Interviewed by El Pais, Sevilla 27-year-old forward Carlos Bacca has declared: "Moving to a different league? Thank God, I am very happy in...
Interviewed by The Sun, Tottenham forward Erik Lamela has declared: "Leaving Tottenham never once entered my mind, not even when I was...
Interviewed by the Ruhr Nachrichten, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has declared: "Reus will remain with us, at least for this...
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao has declared: "Now I am only thinking about recovering from my knee-injury. In any case, for the moment I...