ENGLAND, Capello: "Itís difficult to create something"
Source: The Sun
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
The former England coach reckons his successor simply does not have enough time to build a team capable of succeeding next month.
Hodgson has little more than three weeks before he has to submit his 23-man squad to UEFA — and England’s first match is against France on June 11.
Capello said: “It’s not a normal job. It’s difficult to create something. You can’t do something in a short space of time.
"The idea is to create the team spirit and winning mentality in a really short time. This is very difficult.”
But Capello insists he has handed over an England team in much better shape than the one he took to the 2010 World Cup.
The Italian, who resigned in February, said: “I’ve known Roy since he coached in Italy. He’s a very good and experienced manager.
"I’m happy with the job I did for England. I hope they will be one of the best teams at the Euros and can show my job was really good.
“If things go well, as I hope, people will recognise that I did a good job."
Capello also admitted he is keen for "one more challenge" before quitting football and would like to turn his hand to the Premier League.
He said: "England would be very interesting for me because I know very well the teams and the players.
"I want to manage a team that wants to win something, if possible."
He added: "It has to be interesting based on the value of the team, not money. I don't work for money.
"I want to manage a team that is able to play in the Champions League and to fight for lots of trophies."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Other News
- 11 Dec 07:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Gerrard out for at least six weeks
- 10 Dec 07:17 ITALY/ GENOA, Kucka seriously injured
- 09 Dec 14:32 FIFA Ballon díOr 2013, Nominees for the awards revealed
- 06 Dec 07:17 SWEDEN/ OFFICIAL, Hamren will train the NT until 2016
- 05 Dec 07:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Silvestre injured
- 04 Dec 07:17 FRANCE/ OM, Valbuena injured
- 02 Dec 07:17 ITALY/ PARMA, Cassano injured
- 01 Dec 10:57 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Nastasic injured
- 30 Nov 07:57 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Aogo injured
- 29 Nov 07:40 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Galliani about to leave
- 29 Nov 07:17 GREECE/ OLYMPIAKOS, Mitroglou injured
- 28 Nov 07:17 EGYPT/ OFFICIAL, Shawky is the new NT coach
- 27 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Robinho injured
- 26 Nov 07:17 FRANCE/ OM, Ayew has undergone surgery
- 25 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik injured
- 24 Nov 11:27 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery out for a long time
- 23 Nov 07:57 SWITZERLAND/ ZURICH, Nef injured
- 22 Nov 07:17 FRANCE/ OM, Ayew will undergo surgery
- 21 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Hummels out for two months
- 20 Nov 14:34 CELTIC, Fridjonsson: "I can improve here every day "
- 20 Nov 07:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Hummels and Schmelzer injured
- 19 Nov 09:56 ITALY, Prandelli felt Italy deserved more than draw against Nigeria
- 19 Nov 07:17 CZECH. REP./ OFFICIAL, Vrba will be the NT coach
- 18 Nov 07:20 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Khedira underwent surgery
- 17 Nov 10:27 ITALY/ INTER, Samuel injured
- 16 Nov 07:57 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger back in January
- 15 Nov 18:47 IRELAND, Di Canio hits back at O'Neill
- 15 Nov 15:15 CAMEROON, Eto'o claims conspiracy: "I heard of plot not to pass to me"
- 15 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger underwent surgery
- 14 Nov 07:40 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Graf is Young Boys new Technical Director
- 14 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Subotic underwent surgery
- 13 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Gomez ready to come back
- 12 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ FREIBURG, Schuster injured
- 11 Nov 18:15 FIFA PUSKAS AWARD, ten best goals of the year announced
- 11 Nov 09:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Season over for Subotic
- 10 Nov 11:30 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Subotic injured
- 09 Nov 07:57 FRANCE/ PSG, Verratti injured
- 08 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Destro has recovered
- 07 Nov 20:00 ENGLAND, Hodgson confident on security
- 07 Nov 07:00 IRELAND/ OFFICIAL, O' Neill is the NT new manager
- 05 Nov 17:15 IRELAND, O'Neill agrees new deal with Northern Ireland
- 05 Nov 07:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Mesto out for four months
- 02 Nov 08:57 BULGARIA/ OFFICIAL, Penev will be the NT coach until 2016
- 01 Nov 07:57 PERU/ OFFICIAL, Markarian is no longer the NT coach
- 30 Oct 07:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernandez injured
- 29 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Djourou injured
- 28 Oct 06:45 BELGIUM/ ANDERLECHT, Season over for Suarez
- 27 Oct 10:57 POLAND/ OFFICIAL, Nawalks is the new NT coach
- 27 Oct 08:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Flamini injured
- 26 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ VERONA, Cirigliano injured
- 11 Dec 12:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola: "City? In the first half we did not make many mistake"
- 11 Dec 11:45 NAPOLI v ARSENAL, Special Preview - Szczesny: "We need to play for winning, no changes in our attitude"
- 11 Dec 11:30 CHELSEA & MANCHESTER UNITED, Duel for youngster Mosquito
- 11 Dec 11:15 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini: "It is very important to be first in the group "
- 11 Dec 11:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Plan for taking over Arsenal on Draxler
- 11 Dec 10:41 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo flawless"
- 11 Dec 10:30 BAYERN MUNICH, Muller: "We showed their human side in Manchester City defeat"
- 11 Dec 10:15 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Moyes: "No matter what the result was tonight we'd qualified"
- 11 Dec 10:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Napoli? Benitez has a very big experience, is a very intelligent"
- 11 Dec 07:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Gerrard out for at least six weeks
- 11 Dec 06:45 MONACO, Vasilyev: "Falcao is happy here"
- 11 Dec 06:30 WOLFSBURG, Diego: "I won't join Atletico in January"
- 11 Dec 06:15 MAN. CITY, Kolarov: "I want to move back to Italy"
- 11 Dec 06:00 MALAGA, Tissone's agent: "No contacts with Catania"
- 11 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are not after Kolarov"
- 10 Dec 23:37 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Chance for Kempf
- 10 Dec 23:17 ARGENTINA/ RACING, Idea Mutu
- 10 Dec 22:59 ITALY/ INTER, Possible swap with Eintracht
- 10 Dec 22:39 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Caruso Lombardi leaves Argentinos Jrs.
- 10 Dec 22:20 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Still keen on Iturbe
- 10 Dec 22:00 BRAZIL/ GREMIO, Marcelo Moreno will come back
- 10 Dec 21:37 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Also PSG after Nainggolan
- 10 Dec 21:17 CHILE/ OFFICIAL, Colo Colo confirm Tapia
- 10 Dec 20:59 ITALY/ INTER, Still keen on Bernat
- 10 Dec 20:39 CANADA/ OFFICIAL, Toronto sign Jackson
- 10 Dec 20:20 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Soriano and Renan wil stay
- 10 Dec 20:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Contacts for Pereyra
- 10 Dec 19:37 ITALY/ INTER, Chance for Montoya
- 10 Dec 19:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Sagna towards Italy
- 10 Dec 18:59 BELARUS/ OFFICIAL, Dynamo sign Bangura
- 10 Dec 18:39 CHILE/ COLO COLO, Idea Lalinde
- 10 Dec 18:20 BRAZIL/ PALMEIRAS, Interest for Jonathan
- 10 Dec 18:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Rebic towards Novara
- 10 Dec 17:45 ARGENTINA/ ESTUDIANTES, Keen on Pereira
- 10 Dec 17:30 UAE/ AL-AHLI, Sprint for Kharja
- 10 Dec 17:15 FRANCE/ MONACO, Otamendi always closer
- 10 Dec 17:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Brentford: Bees appoint McParland
- 10 Dec 16:45 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Larsson: "Deal talks on hold"
- 10 Dec 16:34 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Eyes on the new Dennis Bergkamp
- 10 Dec 16:15 AC MILAN, Allegri: "Muntari will be available tomorrow and De Sciglio is fit"
- 10 Dec 15:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Benitez: "Arsenal is a very strong side"
- 10 Dec 15:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "Weíre focused on tomorrow"
- 10 Dec 15:14 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, QPR: Benayoun signs short-term contract
- 10 Dec 15:00 PSG, Blanc: "We want to maintain our high standards and win"
- 10 Dec 14:46 FRANCE/ MONACO, Ranieri: "No problem with Falcao"
- 10 Dec 14:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Set to move away from the Nou Camp
- 10 Dec 14:15 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Eyes on Makienok
- 10 Dec 14:00 MANCHESTER CITY, Demichelis: "I think now we're on a really good path"
- 10 Dec 13:45 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola: "Coming second is not an option for us"
- 10 Dec 13:30 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Fucile observed by Nacional Montevideo
Interviewed by Arsenal Player, Gunners regular goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny talked about first leg victory against Napoli, tonight's opponent: "I think in the first half-hour of the first Napoli game we were frightening. I never touched the ball. so that should...
Interviewed by Mediaset, Juventus General Manager Giuseppe Marotta has declared: "Kolarov is a high-skilled player, but there are no...
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo was hailed as the complete forward after he set a Champions League record on Tuesday night.
Interviewed by Arsenal Player, Gunners regular goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny talked about first leg victory against Napoli, tonight's...
Thomas Muller feels Tuesday's 3-2 Champions League defeat at home against Manchester City showed that the Bayern Munich players are not...
Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has declared about 26 year old striker Radamel Falcao: "He is happy here, he is very well at Monaco....