BAYERN MUNICH, Heynckes: "Chelsea? There are no favourites"
© foto di Hernandez/Alterphotos/Image Sp
Bayern Munich are understandably trying to make the most of playing the Champions League Final in their own city and stadium, but their manager Jupp Heynckes reckons it is a 'tiny' advantage.
Speaking the day before his side face Chelsea, the German revealed he is considering taking the Bayern team bus through the streets of the city on the way to ground in order to show the players the level of visible support, but he then went on to emphasise the strength of the opposition that has travelled to Bavaria from London.
'We are playing a team with not only huge experience, they also have fantastic organisation and outstanding players,' Heynckes said.
'If you look at their path to the final, they beat Napoli and we played Napoli in the group stage so know they are a fantastic team, and then they beat the best team in the world, Barcelona, 1-0 and then drew 2-2 in Barcelona with 10 men. These data is a sufficient warning for everyone.
'I don't share what you hear outside that we are definitely the favourites. There are no favourites in a Champions League Final, certainly not against Chelsea.'
He revealed that Bayern president Uli Hoeness announced 'I have a dream' on the possibility of their club winning the tournament in their own ground when they learnt two years ago that the 2012 Final would be there.
'We are not going to have this situation again, to play the Final in our own stadium so for this reason we have a fantastic possibility,' added Heynckes.
'Tomorrow we may have a tiny advantage due to the fact we are playing at home in our own stadium.'
The 67-year-old spoke about the impact Roberto Di Matteo has had on Chelsea's season.
'I am not surprised by his performance and if you look at his life and career as a player, you know he is intelligent, cool and a controlled person and Chelsea needed someone like him to restructure the team and make it more compact.
'He has Italian roots and has brought his own vision of football to Chelsea, you now see a compact team on the pitch and that is to his credit. Communication is important in modern football too and I think he is doing a great job.'
On the threat posed to his reshaped German defence by Didier Drogba he added:
'Drogba for many years has been one of the top strikers in the Premier League and he is definitely dangerous and can score at any minute. Sometimes he overdoes it a bit, sometimes he is an outstanding actor on the pitch.
'But Torres has improved enormously over the last few weeks so it is not just Drogba, it is Mata, it is Lampard, Sturridge, Kalou, all these players are top level. So it would be a mistake to concentrate merely on one player.'
Arjen Robben did not take full part in Bayern's training session yesterday due to a cold.
'It was a precautionary measure,' said the Bayern coach. 'He was able to train yesterday for 45 minutes but I think he will participate fully today and will play from minute one tomorrow.'
Other news Bundesliga (Germany)
- 11 Feb 16:40 Hoffenheim - 28-year-old Nagelsmann appointed head coach
- 10 Feb 19:42 HOFFENHEIM - Stevens: "I quit for a cardiac arrhythmnia "
- 10 Feb 17:16 Guardiola: "Lewandowski is the most professional player I've met"
- 10 Feb 14:13 BAYERN MUNICH - Ancelotti is in town to start to work on the next team
- 10 Feb 13:26 OFFICIAL - Schalke 04, Benedikt Höwedes extends
- 10 Feb 13:25 HOFFENHEIM - Steven resigns
- 10 Feb 13:18 BAYERN MUNICH - Corluka rejected the transfer
- 10 Feb 12:25 Dortmund's tennis ball protest
- 09 Feb 15:40 Bayern Munich - Pep Guardiola praises Lewandowski
- 09 Feb 12:30 BUNDESLIGA / Bayern Munchen: Ribéry: "I know that I can go back to being the old Ribéry"
- 05 Feb 16:47 'Manchester City move will not distract Bayern' says Guardiola
- 04 Feb 12:40 Januzaj couldn't settle at Dortmund
- 01 Feb 18:53 OFFICIAL - Bayern Munich sign Tasci on loan
- 01 Feb 15:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW / GERMANY: The Serbian center Milos Veljkovic signed with Werder Bremen until 2019
- 30 Jan 15:23 SCHALKE 04 - Interest for AC Milan's Luiz Adriano
- 29 Jan 22:01 BAYERN MUNICH - Strong interest for Marseilles' Nkoulou
- 28 Jan 16:18 Monchengladbach, Eberl on Xhaka: "He won't leave in January"
- 28 Jan 13:10 Dortmund midfield trio impressing in Germany
- 13 Jan 19:02 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Ribery on Chelsea interest
- 04 Jan 16:27 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "Signing Osimhen won't be easy"
- 21 Dec 11:57 BAYERN MUNICH/ OFFICIAL, Rummenigge announces: "Ancelotti will replace Pep after season ends"
- 18 Dec 23:30 BAYERN MUNICH, Pep: "My mind is made up"
- 16 Dec 14:05 BAYERN MUNICH, Pep decision next week
- 14 Dec 07:00 BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Völler: "Kiessling? He's a wonderful guy. He's staying put, we rely on him a lot"
- 03 Dec 08:00 BAYERN MUNICH, Ribery back on the pitch after almost a year: "A very emotional and fun day"
- 01 Dec 13:00 BAYERN MUNICH, Matthaus about Muller: "He should definitely stay"
- 24 Nov 12:29 SCHALKE 04, Max Meyer: "Shame we couldn't hold draw against Bayern. Now no confidence issue, we can defeat APOEL and Leverkusen"
- 21 Nov 00:00 BAYERN MUNICH, Müller: "Facing Schalke won't be easy, we could have been luckier after such a hard NT break"
- 15 Nov 02:00 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Hummels: "The world is fucked up right now"
- 10 Nov 22:07 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola future unclear
- 05 Nov 08:57 BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola after 5-1: "Very good game against over Arsenal, but we conceded too many breaks"
- 03 Nov 16:59 BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola: "Arsenal want to attack, but it's difficult against us"
- 03 Nov 07:30 BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH, Schubert before Juventus clash: "Me being The Wizard? I've got no magic wand and spells"
- 02 Nov 21:44 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Possible lineup, PSV 'must do things different' against Wolfsburg
- 02 Nov 20:20 HAMBURG, Labbadia: "Upset for losing against Hannover. The defeat is not on Lasogga and Schipplock"
- 29 Oct 08:59 INGOLSTADT 04, Marvin Matip to face his brother in Schalke: "Proud of him having become better than me"
- 28 Oct 22:29 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Players want Pep to stay
- 28 Oct 08:29 DARMSTADT, Captain Sulu after DfB-Pokal victory over Hannover: "They were good, but overall we deserved it"
- 27 Oct 07:57 SCHALKE 04, Aogo: "Our fans will push us anyways"
- 26 Oct 14:39 BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Medical report on Jedvaj
- 26 Oct 13:00 GERMANY,Geis apologises for horror tackle on Hahn
- 24 Oct 03:11 BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola: "Robben set for Bayern return"
- 21 Oct 07:30 BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH, Johnson: "We want to defeat Juventus by playing with courage and grit"
- 20 Oct 11:37 BAYERN MUNICH, Lahm before CL clash against Arsenal: "London brings back happy memories. Gunners are experiencing a lot of pressure"
- 19 Oct 07:30 BAYERN MUNICH, Müller on victories record: "That will be hard to match. Exciting game until the end"
- 16 Oct 07:59 BAYERN MUNICH, Javi Martinez: "Good to be back. My new role? I'm flexible"
- 15 Oct 07:29 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Hoffmann before Mainz clash: "Facing my previous team will be nice. Tuchel is a great manager. Bayern? They'll play in their own league"
- 14 Oct 07:29 HERTHA BERLIN, Kalou: "We are playing a nice-looking kind of football. Ibisevic? Skilled player and great guy"
- 12 Oct 07:29 BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH, Bad injury for Herrmann
- 09 Oct 06:59 BAYERN, Götze: "Never thought about leaving Bayern"
- 07 Oct 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Soon we'll talk about Guardiola new deal"
- 06 Oct 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "No more offers for Muller"
- 02 Oct 06:59 SCHALKE, Heldt: "We want to keep Sanč"
- 01 Oct 21:00 HAMBURG, Holtby: "Schalke scored when we were at our best. Hertha gained stability"
- 01 Oct 06:59 SCHALKE, Heldt: "It's good for us that Boateng trains with Milan"
- 29 Sep 15:04 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola: "Great opportunity for us. But let's be careful against Zagreb, they defeated Arsenal"
- 29 Sep 13:43 CHAMPIONS, Bayern- Dinamo Zagreb Possible lineups Javi Martínez available
- 29 Sep 07:27 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "We couldn't keep De Bruyne"
- 28 Sep 06:59 BORUSSIA M., Hazard: "Happy with Chelsea exit"
- 24 Sep 13:20 FC KOELN, Gerhardt: "Balanced match against Hertha, but they use their chances. Now let's make things right at RheinEnergieStadion"
- 23 Sep 08:39 HANNOVER, Kind: "We are confident in Frontzeck, but.."
- 22 Sep 07:59 BORUSSIA M., Eberl: "We wanted Favre to stay"
- 21 Sep 06:59 SCHALKE, Heldt: "Shaqiri and Inler were too expensive for us"
- 18 Sep 14:15 BORUSSIA DORTMUND v BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Special Preview - Castro and Kampl recent traded ones
- 18 Sep 08:27 SCHALKE, Boateng's agent: "He won't move before January"
- 18 Sep 06:59 Europa League Matchday 1 aftermath - BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Hummels: "It was a very demanding game, defense-wise
- 17 Sep 17:44 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - BAYERN MUNICH (Group F), Müller: "I've been a bit lucky in our first goal's maneuver"
- 17 Sep 08:57 BAYERN, Beckenbauer: "Premier League can't buy the best players"
- 17 Sep 01:48 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - BATE BORISOV (Group E), Chernik: "Concerned for losing to Bayer, proud to be in the league"
- 17 Sep 01:20 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - OLYMPIAKOS (Group F), Karembeu: "We didn't take advantage of our chances against Bayern"
- 17 Sep 00:49 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - BAYER LEVERKUSEN (Group E), Chicharito Hernandez: "Coach Schmidt makes me believe in myself"
- 16 Sep 14:44 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - WOLFSBURG (Group B), match-winner Draxler: "Happy for my goal, but we should have put it to bed before"
- 16 Sep 08:57 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Ribery will be back before the end of the year"
- 16 Sep 01:08 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH (Group D), Favre: "We made it easy for Seville"
- 15 Sep 23:57 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - CSKA MOSCOW (Group B), Slutsky: "Wolfsburg surprise us a bit, tactics-wise"
- 14 Sep 11:27 BAYERN MUNICH, Hamann: "Pep under pressure"
- 14 Sep 07:59 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Hummels: "Exciting victory over Hannover, but we aren't fully satisfied"
- 11 Sep 09:27 WOLFSBURG, Draxler: "I wasn't ready for Juve"
- 10 Sep 08:57 BAYERN, Lahm: "I will end my career here"
- 10 Sep 00:59 WOLFSBURG, Träsch: "Playing at Ingolstadt will be a home game for me"
- 09 Sep 06:39 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "We had no problems with Perisic"
- 07 Sep 16:15 BAYERN MUNICH, Badstuber: "I’m relearning the feeling of being out there on the pitch"
- 04 Sep 06:59 SCHALKE, Heldt: "We were not after Blaszczykowski"
- 03 Sep 16:37 SCHALKE 04, Breitenreiter: "Draxler's trade to Wolfsburg? We've lost our best player"
- 03 Sep 06:59 LEVERKUSEN, Hernandez: "It was easy to choose this club"
- 02 Sep 08:45 BAYERN, Xabi Alonso: "Too early to talk about my new contract"
- 31 Aug 06:59 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "No agreement for Draxler yet"
- 30 Aug 11:29 BORUSSIA, Tuchel: "Kuba? Everything can happen"
- 28 Aug 09:57 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "Perisic has a high evaluation"
- 27 Aug 08:57 BORUSSIA D., Großkreutz's agent: "No contacts with Fiorentina"
- 21 Aug 06:59 SCHALKE, Heldt: "Draxler won't be a last-minute departure"
- 20 Aug 06:59 BAYERN, Sammer: "Muller is unsellable"
- 18 Aug 06:57 SCHALKE, Heldt: "Matip's new deal is our priority"
- 14 Aug 09:27 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Götze will stay"
- 13 Aug 08:57 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "I can't imagine a good offer from Inter for Perisic"
- 12 Aug 07:27 SCHALKE, Heldt: "He will leave only if.."
- 11 Aug 06:59 LEVERKUSEN, Schade: "Aranguiz about to join"
- 10 Aug 06:59 MAINZ, Karius' agent turns out transfer rumors
- 09 Aug 06:59 WOLFSBURG, De Bruyne's agent: "He could sign a new contract"
- 08 Aug 06:59 SCHALKE, Heldt: "Inler? Not now"
- 13 Feb 03:22 CZECH REPUBLIC/ BANIK OSTRAVA, Test period for Karol Karlík
- 13 Feb 03:15 MLS - USA/ OFFICIAL, Koffie joins New England Revolution
- 13 Feb 03:08 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Oviedo renews for Everton
- 13 Feb 03:01 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Ibisevic to play for Hertha next season as well
- 12 Feb 23:00 COLOMBIA / Rodallega waiting the Pekerman's call
- 12 Feb 22:30 EXCLUSIVE TRANFER MARKET / The eight bombs of Football Leaks
- 12 Feb 21:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Newcastle loan Ameobi to Fleetwood
- 12 Feb 21:17 ESTONIA/ OFFICIAL, Nomme Kalju sign Sidorenkov
- 12 Feb 20:59 BRAZIL/ PALMEIRAS, Veteran icon Zé Roberto announces quitting in June
- 12 Feb 20:39 GERMANY/ MAINZ 05, Yunus Malli: "Moving to Dortmund in summer? It's possible"
- 12 Feb 20:30 EXCLUSIVE TRANFER MARKET / LIGUE 1 / PSG opens the door to Marquinhos
- 12 Feb 20:20 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, St. Gallen sign Leitgeb
- 12 Feb 20:00 NORWAY/ OFFICIAL, Veteran striker Gudjohnsen joins Molde FK
- 12 Feb 19:42 PREMIER LEAGUE / Chelsea: Costa breaks his nose in training
- 12 Feb 15:55 Fabian Delph could miss Euro's with injury
- 12 Feb 15:45 Rolando Aarons wants a Newcastle win against Chelsea
- 12 Feb 15:30 Gary Neville remaining calm
- 12 Feb 15:15 AC Milan interested in Fellaini
- 12 Feb 15:02 Messi wins player of the month for first time
- 12 Feb 15:00 Allardyce fears Wayne Rooney
- 12 Feb 14:50 Manchester United youngster to get chance at Sunderland
- 12 Feb 14:40 Lukaku wants more goals
- 12 Feb 14:24 Sturridge could start for Liverpool on Sunday
- 12 Feb 14:19 Mark Hughes wants more from Stoke City
- 12 Feb 14:12 NAPOLI - Higuain rejected Chelsea offer
- 12 Feb 14:11 Carrick: "Anthony Martial needs time"
- 12 Feb 13:48 Everton set to hand new deals to Oviedo and Besic
- 12 Feb 13:40 Alex Sandro: "I advice Hulk to come to Juventus"
- 12 Feb 13:35 Fletcher marks full debut with goal
- 12 Feb 13:31 ARSENAL - Meeting for Sanchez's renewal in the upcoming days
- 12 Feb 13:22 Arsenal to target teenager Reece Oxford?
- 12 Feb 13:08 Bilic believes Noble deserves England nod
- 12 Feb 12:58 McClaren: Newcastle must pick up points away from St James
- 12 Feb 12:47 Arsenal to receive injury boost
- 12 Feb 12:35 Pulis: 'Charge away fans Ł10'
- 12 Feb 12:27 NAPOLI - Higuain: "I feel very well here. My future, I live for the moment"
- 12 Feb 12:22 Van Gaal confident over Mourinho link
- 12 Feb 12:10 Klopp: 'Sturridge feels good'
- 12 Feb 12:00 Arsenal - Mertesaker unlikely to play against Leicester
- 12 Feb 11:53 Arsenal – Souness states Gunners don’t have the ‘mettle’ to win Premier League
- 12 Feb 11:38 Chelsea – Gianluca Vialli criticises Blues transfer record
- 12 Feb 11:24 Arsenal – Arsene Wenger praises Leicester’s Mahrez
- 12 Feb 11:07 Manchester United – Rooney offered Ł500,000 a week by China
- 12 Feb 10:54 Arsenal - Szczesny to return to the Gunners
- 12 Feb 10:40 West Brom – Berahino out of shape
- 12 Feb 10:40 Fabio Cannavaro sacked from Saudi Arabia club Al Nassr
- 12 Feb 10:31 ITALY/ INTER, Icardi in Josč link
- 12 Feb 10:27 Chelsea – target new goalkeeper
- 12 Feb 10:15 INTER, Nagatomo: "I said no to Man Utd"
- 12 Feb 10:10 Atletico Madrid – Griezmann will not go to Chelsea
Hugo Rodallega not give up. Former Wigan or Fulham striker, among others, is going through a great moment in Turkish football and has reopened the debate about his return to the Colombian national team. In The Cauca Valley has become one of the great sensations of Akhisar Belediy
Italian club AC Milan have shown interest in Manchester United Midfielder Marouane Fellaini.
Milan have reportedly been in contact with the 28-year
Valencia boss Gary Neville has yet to win a game whilst in charge of the Spanish club but the former Manchester United man is staying relaxed.
Chelsea striker Diego Costa suffered a broken nose in training on Thursday, although the 27-year-old is expected to be available for selection against
The coach of Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), Laurent Blanc said Friday that at the end of the season will decide on the future of Brazilian defender Marqui
The Guardian reports that struggling Bundesliga side Hoffenheim has appointed 28-year-old Julian Nagelsmann as their new head coach. Nagelsmann replac