BAYERN MUNICH, Heynckes: "Chelsea? There are no favourites"
© foto di Hernandez/Alterphotos/Image Sp
Bayern Munich are understandably trying to make the most of playing the Champions League Final in their own city and stadium, but their manager Jupp Heynckes reckons it is a 'tiny' advantage.
Speaking the day before his side face Chelsea, the German revealed he is considering taking the Bayern team bus through the streets of the city on the way to ground in order to show the players the level of visible support, but he then went on to emphasise the strength of the opposition that has travelled to Bavaria from London.
'We are playing a team with not only huge experience, they also have fantastic organisation and outstanding players,' Heynckes said.
'If you look at their path to the final, they beat Napoli and we played Napoli in the group stage so know they are a fantastic team, and then they beat the best team in the world, Barcelona, 1-0 and then drew 2-2 in Barcelona with 10 men. These data is a sufficient warning for everyone.
'I don't share what you hear outside that we are definitely the favourites. There are no favourites in a Champions League Final, certainly not against Chelsea.'
He revealed that Bayern president Uli Hoeness announced 'I have a dream' on the possibility of their club winning the tournament in their own ground when they learnt two years ago that the 2012 Final would be there.
'We are not going to have this situation again, to play the Final in our own stadium so for this reason we have a fantastic possibility,' added Heynckes.
'Tomorrow we may have a tiny advantage due to the fact we are playing at home in our own stadium.'
The 67-year-old spoke about the impact Roberto Di Matteo has had on Chelsea's season.
'I am not surprised by his performance and if you look at his life and career as a player, you know he is intelligent, cool and a controlled person and Chelsea needed someone like him to restructure the team and make it more compact.
'He has Italian roots and has brought his own vision of football to Chelsea, you now see a compact team on the pitch and that is to his credit. Communication is important in modern football too and I think he is doing a great job.'
On the threat posed to his reshaped German defence by Didier Drogba he added:
'Drogba for many years has been one of the top strikers in the Premier League and he is definitely dangerous and can score at any minute. Sometimes he overdoes it a bit, sometimes he is an outstanding actor on the pitch.
'But Torres has improved enormously over the last few weeks so it is not just Drogba, it is Mata, it is Lampard, Sturridge, Kalou, all these players are top level. So it would be a mistake to concentrate merely on one player.'
Arjen Robben did not take full part in Bayern's training session yesterday due to a cold.
'It was a precautionary measure,' said the Bayern coach. 'He was able to train yesterday for 45 minutes but I think he will participate fully today and will play from minute one tomorrow.'
Other news Bundesliga (Germany)
- 29 Apr 11:14 BORUSSIA DORTMUD - Ł80m budget
- 28 Apr 12:31 LEVERKUSEN - Leno to Barça?
- 28 Apr 09:17 WOLFSBURG - Allofs: "No reason to discuss over Hecking"
- 27 Apr 14:27 BAYERN MUNICH - Sanchez first target
- 27 Apr 12:13 BVB - Hummels official request
- 27 Apr 10:23 HOFFENHEIM - Werder Bremen keen on Grahl
- 27 Apr 09:48 HANNOVER - Kiyotake could leave
- 26 Apr 12:31 LIVERPOOL - Klopp keen on Horn
- 26 Apr 09:01 WOLFSBURG - Bendtner statement
- 22 Apr 09:35 BORUSSIA DORTMUND - Hummels: "My future? I haven't decided yet. But i set a term, and I think about it every night"
- 21 Apr 09:42 MAINZ 05 - Approaching Tsintotas
- 21 Apr 07:00 BMG - Approaching Andre Hoffmann
- 20 Apr 10:05 BAYERN MUNICH - Neuer signs new deal
- 20 Apr 09:12 BVB - Ousmane Dembele: done deal?
- 17 Apr 17:26 Thorgan Hazard: Zidane used to be my idol, now its my brother Eden
- 13 Apr 10:38 DORTMUND - Eyes on Dahoud
- 10 Apr 19:22 BUNDESLIGA - Schalke 04 2 - 2 Borussia Dortmund
- 09 Apr 21:30 BUNDESLIGA - 29 fixtures Saturday's Scores
- 08 Apr 18:21 BUNDESLIGA / Bayern set to start talks for Marchisio
- 08 Apr 04:59 SCHALKE 04, Breitenreiter: "Sané? I think he wants to stay with anyway"
- 07 Apr 00:00 BAYERN MUNICH, From UK: Lewandowski suggests Götze to join Liverpool
- 03 Apr 23:06 Bundesliga - Sunday's Scores
- 02 Apr 22:31 BUNDESLIGA / Final Scores
- 02 Apr 19:41 BUNDESLIGA / BVB - WERDER: Final Score
- 01 Apr 20:42 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Tuchel: "Mkhitaryan? The choice is his, I hope he'll stay with us"
- 01 Apr 17:32 BUNDESLIGA/KOLN, Top clubs are keen on Hector and he consider a summer move
- 31 Mar 06:30 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Watzke: "Aubameyang won't leave for less than 100 million euros"
- 30 Mar 13:32 BAYERN MUNICH - Lewandowski strikes new deal until 2021
- 28 Mar 10:39 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Arsenal in the race for Aubameyang
- 25 Mar 18:00 BAYER MUNICH - Xabi Alonso: "Guardiola is ahead of his time"
- 22 Mar 16:57 WERDER BREMEN, Djilobodji banned for the 'throat cutting' gesture
- 22 Mar 13:00 GERMANY - Kruse was expelled from the selection
- 20 Mar 22:45 FC AUGSBURG 1 BORUSSIA DORTMUND 3
- 19 Mar 17:00 BUNDESLIGA - Bayern Munich getting used to suffer
- 17 Mar 09:40 BAYERN MUNICH - Guardiola: "It was a great game for everyone"
- 17 Mar 09:00 BAYERN MUNICH - Bernat: "I'll miss Pep, but another great is coming"
- 17 Mar 07:20 SCHALKE 04, Neustädter eyed by Inter and Arsenal
- 16 Mar 19:15 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, English surveys on Hradecky
- 16 Mar 10:40 WOLFSBURG – Bendtner suspended
- 14 Mar 16:58 BAYERN MUNCHEN - Benatia: We'll go through next stage. We want to win the league"
- 14 Mar 08:45 MAINZ 05, Donati: "Napoli? I wouldn't think twice about joining them"
- 14 Mar 07:00 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Aubameyang: "PSG? I should better try something new, like Spanish football"
- 13 Mar 16:00 BAYERN MUNICH - Bayern Munich make easy work of Werder Bremen
- 12 Mar 23:59 BUNDESLIGA: Final Scores
- 12 Mar 23:50 BAYERN MUNCHEN - Götze: "Focus just on the team. To come back is always beautiful"
- 12 Mar 18:10 BAYERN MUNICH - Ribéry not moving for all the tea in China
- 12 Mar 00:20 WOLFSBURG - Hecking: "We deserved the defeat"
- 11 Mar 22:15 BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Wendell: "Real Madrid? I'd join them by foot"
- 11 Mar 09:15 Dortmund - Too good for Tottenham
- 11 Mar 08:00 SCHALKE 04 - Insecure future for Belhanda
- 09 Mar 20:00 BUNDESLIGA / Tuchel cool on Gündogan camp's Guardiola talks
- 06 Mar 11:46 OFFICIAL - Eintracht Frankfurt sack manager Veh
- 03 Mar 16:45 BUNDESLIGA / Uli Hoeness swaps prison for football
- 03 Mar 10:05 Paderborn - Stefan Effenberg fired
- 27 Feb 13:00 Dortmund - Hummels excited by Tottenham draw
- 24 Feb 12:26 Leverkusen - Boss banned for 3 games
- 24 Feb 11:30 Bayern Munich - Guardiola cares only about the mentality
- 22 Feb 15:37 OFFICIAL - Schalke 04, Heidel is the new sport director
- 21 Feb 20:30 BUNDESLIGA / Aubameyang keeps Dortmund in contention
- 20 Feb 13:15 BUNDESLIGA / BAYERN MUNICH: Ribéry and Götze return to face Darmstadt
- 20 Feb 10:51 OFFICIAL - Olympiacos, Diamankatos permanently moves to Karlsruher
- 17 Feb 15:00 Boateng eyes return to fitness
- 15 Feb 17:42 OFFICIAL - Borussia Dortmund sign Merino until 2021
- 15 Feb 11:00 GERMANY / Augsburg 1 - Bayern Munich 3: Lewandowski's top scorer with 21 goals in Bundesliga
- 14 Feb 12:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW / Bayern Munchen: A possible dismissal of Guardiola
- 11 Feb 15:40 Hoffenheim - 28-year-old Nagelsmann appointed head coach
- 10 Feb 18:42 HOFFENHEIM - Stevens: "I quit for a cardiac arrhythmnia "
- 10 Feb 16:16 Guardiola: "Lewandowski is the most professional player I've met"
- 10 Feb 13:13 BAYERN MUNICH - Ancelotti is in town to start to work on the next team
- 10 Feb 12:26 OFFICIAL - Schalke 04, Benedikt Höwedes extends
- 10 Feb 12:25 HOFFENHEIM - Steven resigns
- 10 Feb 12:18 BAYERN MUNICH - Corluka rejected the transfer
- 10 Feb 11:25 Dortmund's tennis ball protest
- 09 Feb 14:40 Bayern Munich - Pep Guardiola praises Lewandowski
- 09 Feb 11:30 BUNDESLIGA / Bayern Munchen: Ribéry: "I know that I can go back to being the old Ribéry"
- 05 Feb 15:47 'Manchester City move will not distract Bayern' says Guardiola
- 04 Feb 11:40 Januzaj couldn't settle at Dortmund
- 01 Feb 17:53 OFFICIAL - Bayern Munich sign Tasci on loan
- 01 Feb 14:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW / GERMANY: The Serbian center Milos Veljkovic signed with Werder Bremen until 2019
- 30 Jan 14:23 SCHALKE 04 - Interest for AC Milan's Luiz Adriano
- 29 Jan 21:01 BAYERN MUNICH - Strong interest for Marseilles' Nkoulou
- 28 Jan 15:18 Monchengladbach, Eberl on Xhaka: "He won't leave in January"
- 28 Jan 12:10 Dortmund midfield trio impressing in Germany
- 13 Jan 18:02 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Ribery on Chelsea interest
- 04 Jan 15:27 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "Signing Osimhen won't be easy"
- 21 Dec 10:57 BAYERN MUNICH/ OFFICIAL, Rummenigge announces: "Ancelotti will replace Pep after season ends"
- 18 Dec 22:30 BAYERN MUNICH, Pep: "My mind is made up"
- 16 Dec 13:05 BAYERN MUNICH, Pep decision next week
- 14 Dec 06:00 BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Völler: "Kiessling? He's a wonderful guy. He's staying put, we rely on him a lot"
- 03 Dec 07:00 BAYERN MUNICH, Ribery back on the pitch after almost a year: "A very emotional and fun day"
- 01 Dec 12:00 BAYERN MUNICH, Matthaus about Muller: "He should definitely stay"
- 24 Nov 11:29 SCHALKE 04, Max Meyer: "Shame we couldn't hold draw against Bayern. Now no confidence issue, we can defeat APOEL and Leverkusen"
- 20 Nov 23:00 BAYERN MUNICH, Müller: "Facing Schalke won't be easy, we could have been luckier after such a hard NT break"
- 15 Nov 01:00 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Hummels: "The world is fucked up right now"
- 10 Nov 21:07 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola future unclear
- 05 Nov 07:57 BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola after 5-1: "Very good game against over Arsenal, but we conceded too many breaks"
- 03 Nov 15:59 BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola: "Arsenal want to attack, but it's difficult against us"
- 03 Nov 06:30 BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH, Schubert before Juventus clash: "Me being The Wizard? I've got no magic wand and spells"
- 02 Nov 20:44 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Possible lineup, PSV 'must do things different' against Wolfsburg
- 02 Nov 19:20 HAMBURG, Labbadia: "Upset for losing against Hannover. The defeat is not on Lasogga and Schipplock"
- 29 Apr 21:09 CHELSEA - Pato expected to remain next season
- 29 Apr 20:47 MANCHESTER UNITED - Valdes loan finished early
- 29 Apr 20:22 AC MILAN - Interested in Manuel Pellegrini for manager?
- 29 Apr 19:56 JUVENTUS - Bonucci happy in Turin
- 29 Apr 19:21 INTER MILAN and WEST HAM interested in Max Gradel
- 29 Apr 18:51 LA LIGA - Florentino double meeting with Neymar's father
- 29 Apr 18:29 SERIE A - Jackson Martinez could go to Milan for free
- 29 Apr 18:08 BARCELONA - The new whim of Neymar, who bought a plane for $9 million
- 29 Apr 17:32 ATLETICO MADRID - Saul is the fashion player and Atletico know it
- 29 Apr 17:16 REAL MADRID - Ronaldo working morning, noon and night to be fit
- 29 Apr 16:41 LEICESTER - Ranieri will pocket 5 million pounds if the Leicester wins the Premier
- 29 Apr 16:07 LIVERPOOL - Sakho provisionally suspended for investigation for possible breach of anti-doping code
- 29 Apr 15:50 WATFORD - Flores: "Doubts in me will affect players"
- 29 Apr 15:28 LIVERPOOL - Lallana: "We will get the 2 goals we need"
- 29 Apr 15:01 LIVERPOOL - Klopp: "With Anfield help, we can do it"
- 29 Apr 14:24 TOTTENHAM - Dembele: "We have to believe"
- 29 Apr 13:57 TOTTENHAM - Le Tissier: "Wouldn't be a surprise if Pochettino left"
- 29 Apr 13:31 ARSENAL - Wenger urges fans to get behind team
- 29 Apr 13:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Lippi can bring Jackson Martinez with him
- 29 Apr 12:51 ARSENAL - Wenger: "We work together closely"
- 29 Apr 12:46 WBA - Pulis: "Opportunity for the youngsters to play games"
- 29 Apr 12:26 CHELSEA - River set to bid for Falcao
- 29 Apr 12:12 EVERTON - Martinez in the brick of being sacked
- 29 Apr 12:01 ARSENAL - Eyes on Mkhitaryan
- 29 Apr 11:43 TOTTENHAM - Lead on Borja Baston
- 29 Apr 11:31 ARSENAL - Wenger: No big injury problems"
- 29 Apr 11:14 BORUSSIA DORTMUD - Ł80m budget
- 29 Apr 11:02 LEICESTER - Trophy in the city
- 29 Apr 10:56 VILLAREAL - Bakambu: "Not scared for the second leg"
- 29 Apr 10:42 SUNDERLAND , Borini: "Difficult a comeback to Italy"
- 29 Apr 10:21 VILLAREAL, Marcelino: "A bit closer to the Final"
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 10:00 LIVERPOOL, Free Ings costs Reds 6.5M pounds
- 29 Apr 09:59 TOTTENHAM - Alli banned
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 29 Apr 09:30 WEST HAM - Bilic wants to stop Cresswell from leaving
- 29 Apr 09:21 VALENCIA - Jardim new target
- 29 Apr 09:15 WOLFSBURG - A Chinese suitor for Luiz Gustavo
- 29 Apr 09:00 BORUSSIA DORTMUND - Back for Dragovic
- 29 Apr 08:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Benatia more and more likely to join
- 29 Apr 08:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "Several important clubs on him, but not it's time for the pitch"
- 29 Apr 08:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea call Piazon and Hector back
- 29 Apr 08:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, James Rodriguez's agent working on future away from Blancos: in talks with 2 top clubs
- 29 Apr 01:30 GERMANY/ HOFFENHEIM, One more suitor for Sule
- 29 Apr 01:15 ITALY/ FROSINONE, Crecco on target
- 29 Apr 01:00 HOLLAND/ AJAX, El Ghazi wants Premier League: Liverpool probing waters
- 29 Apr 00:45 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Suggestion for Ben Arfa
- 29 Apr 00:30 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Moving towards Parigini
- 29 Apr 00:15 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Approaching Bradley Dack
- 29 Apr 00:00 ITALY/ INTER, Santon towards departure: 5 suitors for him
Although Neymar Jr. joined FC Barcelona, after rejecting a superior economic offer from Real Madrid, Florentino Perez is still obsessed with the signing of Brazilian star.
As confirmed by the newspaper El Confidencial, white president has met in recent months twice w
Fiorentina are reportedly keen on Sebastian Driussi, who currently plays for River Plate.
The 20-years-old striker has been targeted also by Inter
Barcelona attacker Neymar bought a private Cessna 680 for $9.1 million back in the summer of 2015, according to Brazilian media.
Claudio Ranieri will win a bonus of 5 million pounds if Leicester City win the Barclays Premier League Title, as revealed by the British newspaper The
Rennes managed a late goal to draw the game at home to Monaco.
RENNES 1 - 1 MONACO
Sio 81' Costa 14
Borussia Dortmund are reportedly expected to have a budget of over £100m to spend this summer, according to Bild.
Given that M