INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 21 Apr 00:00 INTER, Hernanes: "I will stay"
- 20 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We'll try to sign Dybala"
- 19 Apr 11:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "I will do all I can to stay"
- 18 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Ederson's agent: "Saint-Etienne are after him"
- 17 Apr 18:43 INTER, Shaqiri: "We want to win the derby in a Nerazzurri Meazza"
- 17 Apr 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Soriano: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 16 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We want to keep Icardi and Handanovic"
- 14 Apr 18:14 JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "You need a lot of different ingredients to go all the way in the Champions"
- 11 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Mexes: "I hope to remain"
- 10 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "OM? I am happy here"
- 09 Apr 11:11 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis threatens to cancel squad's holidays
- 08 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "I could end my career here"
- 07 Apr 18:59 AC MILAN, Cerci confident theycan qualify for Europa League
- 07 Apr 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Fiorentina agreable destination"
- 06 Apr 00:00 AS ROMA, Pjanic: "It would be nice if Dzeko would join us"
- 05 Apr 10:00 FIORENTINA, Diamanti: "I want to stay"
- 04 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Keita's agent: "No offer from City"
- 03 Apr 01:00 JUVENTUS, Marrone: "I fight because I want to stay"
- 02 Apr 13:14 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I have forgiven Juventus fans for backlash"
- 31 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "It's not time for me to leave"
- 30 Mar 00:00 LAZIO, De Vrij: "United? I'm happy here"
- 29 Mar 12:30 INTER, Kovacic's agent: "Nothing true about Liverpool"
- 28 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN. De Jong: "Back to Ajax? Too early"
- 27 Mar 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Soriano: "Honored by Borussia interest"
- 26 Mar 14:00 ITALY, Moggi: "I will return to football"
- 26 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gonzalo Rodriguez: "I am happy here"
- 25 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Joaquin: "I have no reasons to leave"
- 24 Mar 19:30 INTER, Shaqiri: "Here with big long-term plans. Then I'll close my career at Basel"
- 24 Mar 00:00 INTER, Kovacic's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 23 Mar 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "My future? I haven't decided yet"
- 22 Mar 10:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "We don't know anything about Pogba's future"
- 21 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "My future? The team is with me"
- 20 Mar 16:59 FIORENTINA, Mencucci: "We wanted to avoid Napoli"
- 20 Mar 16:30 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini about Balotelli: "He must focus on football"
- 20 Mar 09:42 FIORENTINA, Borja: "Patient game serves us well"
- 19 Mar 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio: "Signing a new deal is not my priority"
- 18 Mar 18:44 INTER, Mancini: "Pellegrini lucky to inherit my Man City team"
- 18 Mar 17:02 INTER, Thohir message to the team
- 18 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "We are in talks for the new contract"
- 17 Mar 19:44 INTER, Ranocchia about Wolfsburg: "It’s a win-or-bust match"
- 17 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "Montella will stay"
- 16 Mar 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Munoz: "I'm not thinking about Milan"
- 15 Mar 10:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Interest for Dybala"
- 14 Mar 06:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "Soon he will renew"
- 13 Mar 00:00 INTER, Zanetti: "Icardi is about to renew"
- 12 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "I won't leave"
- 11 Mar 14:22 PARMA, American fund from Boston interested in purchasing crisis-bond club
- 11 Mar 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "No contacts with Roma"
- 10 Mar 14:30 SAMPDORIA, Eder might be called up for Italian NT
- 10 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I'm not thinking about my future"
- 09 Mar 00:00 INTER, Fassone: "We want to keep Icardi"
- 08 Mar 09:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "My future? I haven't seen anybody"
- 07 Mar 00:00 GENOA, Iago Falque: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 06 Mar 18:15 JUVENTUS, Padoin: "Eager to turn the tables in Florence"
- 06 Mar 11:00 AC MILAN, 6 names for Inzaghi's succession
- 06 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "He could stay, but.."
- 05 Mar 18:44 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Albertazzi: "I'm doing well, I've started running again"
- 05 Mar 00:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "My future? I am happy here"
- 04 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Neto's agent: "Juve? We'll see.."
- 03 Mar 00:00 PSG, Menez: "No regrets about PSG"
- 02 Mar 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Icardi will be part of our future"
- 01 Mar 06:00 FIORENTINA, Neto: "I am happy in Florence, but.."
- 28 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We were about to sign Falcao"
- 27 Feb 20:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "I’ve always said that consistency is important"
- 27 Feb 14:22 EUROPA LEAGUE, Eighth finals draws: two national derbys
- 27 Feb 13:26 AS ROMA v FIORENTINA, Europa League Italian derby
- 27 Feb 11:45 INTER, Ranocchia after EL victory over Celtic: "We took some risks, but great performance"
- 27 Feb 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori: "Milan? I am ready"
- 25 Feb 10:14 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "It will be a tough return leg against Borussia"
- 25 Feb 09:58 JUVENTUS, Chiellini about Champions: “Still work to be done”
- 25 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Many clubs after Zapata"
- 24 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We want Icardi and Handanovic to renew"
- 23 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "Roma? I am focused on my team"
- 22 Feb 06:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 20 Feb 13:31 INTER, Guarin: "Gutsy display, shame about their third"
- 20 Feb 13:22 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "We should have won it"
- 20 Feb 02:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "Do everything to restore winning ways"
- 19 Feb 19:15 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The Scudetto is not a given"
- 19 Feb 18:04 ITALY, Feyenoord fans clash with police ahead of Roma clash
- 19 Feb 03:00 AC MILAN, Essien: "We must give a smile to our fans"
- 18 Feb 14:44 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Borja Valero: "I'll end my career here"
- 18 Feb 00:00 INTER, Icardi turns out transfer rumors
- 17 Feb 11:01 TMW - Sacchi: "There are too many 'blacks' in Italian youth teams"
- 17 Feb 00:00 INTER, Podolski: "My future? Next month we'll see"
- 16 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar: "We are working on my new contract"
- 14 Feb 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Yaya Touré? If he wants to come to Italy.."
- 13 Feb 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "The new contract? I am confident in my agent"
- 12 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Piatti: "I would be happy to renew"
- 12 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 11 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "No meeting scheduled for the renewal"
- 10 Feb 00:00 PALERMO, Micciché: "Dybala? Many clubs after him"
- 09 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Allan? Interesting player"
- 08 Feb 09:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No hurry about his departure"
- 07 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Yaya Touré? Difficult"
- 06 Feb 00:00 INTER. Osvaldo: "Boca is my dream"
- 05 Feb 00:00 SASSUOLO, Sansone: "I dream of moving back to Bayern"
- 04 Feb 17:14 AS ROMA, Europa League: the Giallorossi’s list of players
- 04 Feb 11:59 AC MILAN, here the new stadium
- 04 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Savic: "Juve? I am happy in Florence"
- 03 Feb 11:54 SAMPDORIA, Eto'o-Mihajlovic fight at first sight: club in trouble
- 21 Apr 15:58 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Isco can replace Modric"
- 21 Apr 15:35 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM. Offer to Klopp: turned down
- 21 Apr 15:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Duel to United and Liverpool on Depay
- 21 Apr 14:45 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, In the end Vlaar might renew
- 21 Apr 14:30 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Willing to sign Pazzini back: duel to Bologna
- 21 Apr 14:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Emenalo scouts Koke
- 21 Apr 14:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Sako more and more likely to join
- 21 Apr 13:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma insisting on Mendy: Ohéme want to keep him
- 21 Apr 13:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Obiang back as a main target
- 21 Apr 13:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Zeman resigns from Cagliari
- 21 Apr 13:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Planning an offer for Sterling
- 21 Apr 12:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juventus scouting Promes
- 21 Apr 12:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Both Torino and Udinese still keen on Lautaro Rinaldi
- 21 Apr 12:15 ITALY/ AS ROMA, No agreement on Nainggolan's new contract: reopening for United and Liverpool
- 21 Apr 12:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, West Ham want Klopp for the bench
- 21 Apr 11:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Cherundolo and Lichte are Frontzeck's assistants at Hannover 96
- 21 Apr 10:57 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Berko might renew
- 21 Apr 10:27 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, In touch with Cordoba for Andone
- 21 Apr 09:59 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Tuchel for replacing Klopp
- 21 Apr 09:29 ITALY/ UDINESE, More and more interested in replacing Stramaccioni with Maran
- 21 Apr 09:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Offer for Witsel
- 21 Apr 08:30 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Vanderhaeghe renews with Kortrijk
- 21 Apr 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Babacar injured
- 21 Apr 07:27 OL, Fournier: "I hope Lacazette and Fekir will stay"
- 21 Apr 06:59 SCHALKE 04, Heldt: "Sané about to renew"
- 21 Apr 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "We need to keep Begovic"
- 21 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Douglas' agent: "He has no intention to leave"
- 21 Apr 00:00 INTER, Hernanes: "I will stay"
- 20 Apr 23:27 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Meeting with Gabriel
- 20 Apr 22:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Frontzeck is Hannover new coach
- 20 Apr 22:29 ITALY/ GENOA, Burdisso's future still uncertain
- 20 Apr 21:59 FRANCE/ PSG, Offer for Dybala ready
- 20 Apr 21:30 ITALY/ GENOA, Milan's derby for Perotti
- 20 Apr 21:00 FINLAND/ OFFICIAL, Helsinki sign Mendy
- 20 Apr 20:37 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Barral likely to join
- 20 Apr 20:17 BRAZIL/ GREMIO, Trying to keep Rodriguez
- 20 Apr 19:59 GERMANY/ WERDER, No to Pizarro
- 20 Apr 19:39 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Sprint for Mammana
- 20 Apr 19:20 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Auction for Sportiello
- 20 Apr 19:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Sprint for Gundogan
- 20 Apr 18:45 ITALY/ VERONA, Toni to the US?
- 20 Apr 18:30 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Spanish duel for Reus
- 20 Apr 18:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Idea Miranda
- 20 Apr 18:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Chance increasing for signing Rugani: 15 million euros after first offer might persuade Juventus
- 20 Apr 17:48 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Indian surveys on Cossu
- 20 Apr 17:36 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Delhi Dynamos want to sign Cambiasso
- 20 Apr 17:24 ARSENAL & SCHALKE 04: Duel to Everton, Villa and West Ham on Cleverley
- 20 Apr 17:12 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Dario Franco resigns from managing Defensa y Justicia
- 20 Apr 17:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Dragovic on target
- 20 Apr 16:48 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, 32 million euros offer submitted to Palermo for Dybala: Rosanero raise the bar
Set to leave PSV Eindhoven on a payment between 20 and 25 million euros, Dutch international winger and forward Memphis Depay (21), already tracked hard by both Manchester United and Liverpool, has been targeted by Bayern Munich as well, according to Eindhovens Dagblad. Ghan
Interviewed by Sky Sport, Inter Milan midfielder Hernanes has declared: "My future? I am happy here and I want to remain to win a trophy".
Interviewed by RAC1, Marcos Casseb, agent of Barcelona defender Douglas, has declared: "He has a contract until 2019 and he has no intention to q
Dimitri Seluk, agent of Manchester City midfielder Yaya Touré, has declared: "If City want Yaya to leave then they should come out and say
During an interview accorded to L'Equipe Magazine, PSG midfielder Marco Verratti has declared: "When I arrived in Paris I was very young and
Schalke 04 Director of Football Horst Heldt has declared about the possibility to extend the contract of 29-year-old forward Leroy Sané: "