INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 23 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He is happy in Naples"
- 22 Oct 00:00 INTER, Obi's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 21 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Nainggolan: "My future? I evaluate year by year"
- 20 Oct 13:45 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I left the pitch angrily because I knew I could have played better"
- 20 Oct 00:00 SASSUOLO, Zaza: "I know that Juve are observing me"
- 19 Oct 06:00 ROMA, Paredes: "Here for a long time"
- 18 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 17 Oct 16:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal won’t be in the squad because he played two 90-minute matches for Chile"
- 17 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will remain for a long time"
- 16 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "No news about his new contract"
- 15 Oct 18:05 AC MILAN, Essien: "I am often in touch with Mourinho"
- 15 Oct 14:59 INTER, Ausilio: "We've analysed the problems without shame or fear"
- 14 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Rabiot? We admire the skilled players"
- 13 Oct 18:22 AC MILAN, Saponara: "It was a bad injury and it scared me a lot"
- 13 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I don't want to leave"
- 12 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Keita: "I came here to win"
- 11 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 10 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He wants to stay for 10 more years"
- 08 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "Remaining was his decision"
- 07 Oct 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mazzarri is confirmed. We will reinforce our team"
- 06 Oct 10:32 INTER, Mazzarri: "Little to be said, we'll solve our problems"
- 06 Oct 09:25 INTER, Ausilio: "This isn't the real Inter. We'll come through this together"
- 06 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Cuadrado: "The new contract? Ask my agent"
- 05 Oct 00:00 MILAN, Abbiati: "I won't retire at the end of the season"
- 04 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "At the monent he is happy in Naples"
- 03 Oct 00:00 UDINESE, Heurtaux: "I am happy here"
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No hurry about Kovacic and Icardi's renewal"
- 28 Sep 06:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Totti here for a long time"
- 27 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "I will end my career at Belgrano"
- 26 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "This is a great place to play football"
- 25 Sep 18:22 INTER, Erick Thohir meets Barbara Berlusconi
- 25 Sep 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Inter? Could be"
- 24 Sep 11:28 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Torres had a good match. He hadn’t played 90 minutes for a long time"
- 22 Sep 07:59 JUVENTUS, Pereyra: "Good performance, but I need to improve defensively"
- 22 Sep 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 21 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Inter have done well on the transfar market"
- 19 Sep 17:00 EUROPA LEAGUE Day After - NAPOLI, Mertens after the double score: "A crucial night both for the team and me"
- 18 Sep 10:44 As ROMA , Gervinho about Champions: "We can go a long way"
- 18 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "My new contract? Not yet"
- 17 Sep 13:41 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello
- 17 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "Soon a meeting for my new contract"
- 16 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual: "Many clubs after me"
- 15 Sep 08:17 AC MILAN, Menez: "Scoring goals is pleasing, this side deserves more"
- 12 Sep 18:14 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Focused on Empoli, not thinking about Champions"
- 12 Sep 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I am happy to be here at Milanello"
- 12 Sep 00:00 VERONA, Sorensen: "I would like to remain"
- 11 Sep 18:15 AC MILAN, Jack Bonaventura introduces himself: "Excited about being here, I got a warm welcome. I'm in good shape"
- 11 Sep 15:58 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "The last day of the transfer market was surreal"
- 11 Sep 00:00 INTER, Guarin: "I have remained, now it's up to me"
- 10 Sep 18:30 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez : "We are working well with Inzaghi"
- 09 Sep 18:45 AS ROMA, Iturbe: "Garcia decisive for my arrival"
- 09 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Too early to join Colo Colo"
- 08 Sep 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Nothing going on with Rabiot"
- 06 Sep 01:00 JUVENTUS, Barzagli says that they cannot compete financially with the continent's top teams
- 05 Sep 14:31 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "I feel good, but the bone needs time to heal"
- 04 Sep 14:59 AC MILAN, Torres' first press conference as a Rossoneri player: "I want to be part of this club's history"
- 02 Sep 15:01 AS ROMA, Balzaretti about the injury: "I feel bad for my team-mates, I feel guilty"
- 30 Aug 01:23 AC MILAN, Abate: "We must win back our fans with desire and humility"
- 29 Aug 19:48 AS ROMA, Garcia: "My players are hungry for success"
- 29 Aug 10:59 INTER, Icardi: "We started strong, that's what the gaffer wanted"
- 29 Aug 10:36 INTER, Kovacic: "I'll play wherever the coach wants me"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 27 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Van Ginkel may join us"
- 26 Aug 17:14 JUVENTUS, Romulo: "I’m excited by the challenge of playing Champions"
- 26 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Paratici: "No contacts between Sevilla and Ogbonna"
- 25 Aug 17:30 INTER, Medel: "I want to show what I can do"
- 25 Aug 00:00 ROMA, Destro's agent: "Milan could make a step soon"
- 24 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The market? If the team can be improved..."
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 04 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "We are keeping our word"
- 03 Aug 09:00 INTER, Schelotto's agent: "Southampton? We'll see,,"
- 23 Oct 17:31 BELGIUM/ ANDERLECHT, Could arrive PSG offer for Acheampong
- 23 Oct 17:16 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Poli: "I work well with Abate and Honda"
- 23 Oct 16:59 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Hernandez: "Here I'm happy"
- 23 Oct 16:44 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Lampard could extend City loan
- 23 Oct 16:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Eyes on Carrillo
- 23 Oct 16:22 ITALY/ INTER, Moratti quits definitively the club
- 23 Oct 16:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland extend Beadling's deal
- 23 Oct 16:00 ARSENAL & BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Eyes on Tielemans
- 23 Oct 15:45 ITALY/ TORINO, Increasing chances to sign Jonathan Rodriguez
- 23 Oct 15:30 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Inan:"We got a defeat that we did not want or expect"
- 23 Oct 15:15 ANDERLECHT, Hasi furious after Arsenal defeat: "We'd have deserved to win, referee should take full responsibility"
- 23 Oct 15:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Southampton loan Britt to Maidenhead
- 23 Oct 14:45 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Keen on Kramaric
- 23 Oct 14:30 CHELSEA, Terry satisfied: "We are showing all our depth"
- 23 Oct 14:16 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Casillas: "Ronaldo in better form than Messi"
- 23 Oct 13:59 Carragher: "Balotelli will be sold before next season"
- 23 Oct 13:44 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo in no hurry to break Raul's record
- 23 Oct 13:35 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo makes $1 billion release clause seem justifiable
- 23 Oct 13:13 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Rudiger: "I'm dreaming Premier, but my heart is for Arsenal"
- 23 Oct 13:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on triumph over Anderlecht: "We won thanks not to have conceded a second goal after their 1-0"
- 23 Oct 12:43 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, All done for Pogba's renewal: announcement is near
- 23 Oct 12:30 ITALY/ ROMA, Deal extension for Florenzi so close
- 23 Oct 12:14 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Isco winning 3-0 at Anfield : "Happy with the performance"
- 23 Oct 12:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Hojbjerg might join Augsburg in January
- 23 Oct 11:43 TURKEY/ FENERBAHCE, Southampton interested in Kuyt
- 23 Oct 11:30 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, No guarantees they will sign a striker in January
- 23 Oct 11:14 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Challenge with Spurs for Gray
- 23 Oct 11:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, No contact with Schalke 04 for Torres
- 23 Oct 10:44 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Abate: "I'd like to close my career here, or I'll move abroad"
- 23 Oct 10:27 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Podolski was never close to leaving in the summer"
- 23 Oct 09:57 ITALY/ GENOA, Long-term renewal for Mandragora
- 23 Oct 09:29 FRANCE/ MARSEILLE, contact started for Lassana Diarra
- 23 Oct 08:59 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Lead on Ikaunieks
- 23 Oct 08:30 BRAZIL/ SAO PAULO, Breno might get back playing in January
- 23 Oct 08:00 ITALY/ INTER, Mazzarri confirmed
- 23 Oct 07:40 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Attempt for Puscas failed
- 23 Oct 07:17 FRANCE/ PSG, Ibra may need surgery
- 23 Oct 06:57 GUINGAMP, Gourvennec: "Difficult to keep Marveaux"
- 23 Oct 06:39 HOFFENHEIM, Firmino: "I would like to play for a top club"
- 23 Oct 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "Vertonghen going nowhere"
- 23 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He is happy in Naples"
- 22 Oct 23:27 PORTUGAL/ OLHANENSE, Idea Lepiller
- 22 Oct 22:57 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Offer for Pepe ready
- 22 Oct 22:29 ITALY/ UDINESE, Interest for Valotti
- 22 Oct 21:59 RUSSIA/ CSKA, Also AC Milan after Fernandes
- 22 Oct 21:30 ITALY/ INTER, Eyes on Janis Hagi
- 22 Oct 21:00 BRAZIL/ SAO PAULO, Trying to keep Pereira
- 22 Oct 20:27 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Agreement with Cuadrado
- 22 Oct 19:57 LATVIA/ METALURGS, Auction for Ikaunieks
- 22 Oct 19:29 ITALY/ ROMA, Working for Florenzi's new deal
According to Mirror, Frank Lampard could prolong his stay at the Etihad if new club New York City FC hold a pre-season training camp in Manchester.
NY City are considering using City's brand-new Etihad Campus to prepare for their debut season in the MLS.
This would allo
Interviewed by Radio Crc, Paulo Afonso, agent of Napoli goalkeeper Rafael, has declared: "It was him that wanted Napoli. There was an offer from
Cristiano Ronaldo is in no hurry to overtake Raul's European goalscoring record as he knows he'll "beat his record today or another game&
Talking about the direction of the game played and lost against Arsenal, Anderlecht manager Besnik Hasi stated: "The referee should take full res
PSG defender Thiago Silva has declared: "My injury is my fault: I have told the coach that I was ready to play. Now my leg is better, not my mind
Arjen Robben said a tactical tweak was key to FC Bayern München's emphatic victory at AS Roma.
"Afterwards it's always easy to ta