INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 02:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Also Real after him"
- 29 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? It's up to him"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 10:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 02:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 02:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 19:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 12:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 08:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 02:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 08:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 19:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 14 Jul 08:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honored by United's interest"
- 13 Jul 08:00 FIORENTINA, Valero: "I am not leaving"
- 12 Jul 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "He could still join Milan"
- 11 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Vrsaljko won't join. Cerci.. who knows"
- 10 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Iturbe? We'll see.."
- 09 Jul 02:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "Klose is not for sale"
- 08 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, PradŤ: "No official offers for Cuadrado"
- 07 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "Don't know anything about Barcelona"
- 04 Jul 02:00 GENOA. Vrsaljko's agent: "No news about his future"
- 03 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He is happy here"
- 02 Jul 10:50 JUVENTUS, Barzagli undergoes surgery in Finland
- 01 Jul 02:00 INTER, Taider: "I will stay"
- 30 Jun 18:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 30 Jun 15:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi about FIGC: "The hour has come for change"
- 28 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "Fiorentina agreable destination"
- 26 Jun 02:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic's agent: "Don't know anything about Lazio"
- 25 Jun 19:00 AC MILAN, Balotelli has hit back at his critics
- 25 Jun 02:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "He is about to join Chievo"
- 24 Jun 02:00 LAZIO, Perea's agent: "He's going nowhere"
- 23 Jun 02:00 MILAN, B. Berlusconi: "Balotelli is not irreplaceable"
- 22 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Bernardeschi: "Udinese and Cagliari agreable destinations"
- 21 Jun 02:00 INTER, Krhin's agent: "Happy to be back"
- 20 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "Italian and foreign clubs after him"
- 19 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We still don't know if he will stay"
- 18 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Radosevic's agent: "He's looking for a team where he can play"
- 17 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema's agent: "No agreement for the new contract"
- 17 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He's like to to end his career in Naples"
- 16 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Benitez: "We are not seeking defenders or goalkeepers"
- 14 Jun 02:00 INTER, Rolando: "I would like to remain, but..."
- 13 Jun 18:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi: "Our aim is to get qualified to Champions League"
- 13 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Cristante's agent: "Benfica after him, but he's not for sale"
- 12 Jun 02:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "Besiktas is an option"
- 11 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "Monaco are not after him"
- 10 Jun 02:00 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella's agent: "Galatasaray? Too early"
- 09 Jun 18:26 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Inzaghi " I thank President Berlusconi and all the club for the faith"
- 09 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I would like to stay"
- 08 Jun 08:00 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "I would like to stay"
- 07 Jun 02:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "No contacts with Besiktas"
- 06 Jun 08:00 INTER, Andreolli's agent: "He will definitely stay"
- 05 Jun 02:00 INTER, Rolando's agent: "His future? First we must talk with Porto"
- 04 Jun 20:31 AC MILAN, Marcello Montolivo: "President has been supportive"
- 04 Jun 18:13 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW- Inter: also Monaco interested in Bardi
- 04 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Gonalons? I don't talk with Aulas"
- 03 Jun 02:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "The new contract? After the World Cup"
- 02 Jun 02:00 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella: "Fiorentina? It's an option"
- 01 Jun 08:00 TORINO, Immobile: "I am joining Borussia"
- 31 May 02:00 INTER, Samuel: "I don't know where I'll go"
- 30 May 02:00 NAPOLI, Reina: "I can't think about my future"
- 29 May 02:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He will stay"
- 28 May 16:50 AS ROMA, Dodo's condition is not such as to require surgery
- 28 May 02:00 NAPOLI, Behrami: "Nothing new about my future"
- 27 May 18:14 JUVENTUS, Umberto Agnelli memorial service in Sestriere
- 27 May 02:00 JUVENTUS, Asamoah: "I hope to end my career here"
- 26 May 02:00 INTER, Mbaye's agent: "Optimistic about the renewal"
- 25 May 08:00 AC MILAN, Kaka: "One day I will rejoin Sao Paulo"
- 23 May 02:00 INTER, Taider: "I want to stay"
- 22 May 12:30 AC MILAN, S. Rossi: "I spoke to Abbiati recently and I advised him to renew"
- 22 May 02:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "His future? It's not up to us only"
- 21 May 14:29 INTER, Mazzarri: "If I stay? Absolutely certain. If for nothing else because I have a contract"
- 21 May 02:00 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy's agent: "He wants to stay, but.."
- 20 May 02:00 LAZIO, Perea's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 19 May 19:32 AC MILAN, from the inauguration of Casa Milan. Galliani: "Everybody who has worked here has done a miraculous job"
- 19 May 17:13 AC MILAN, B. Berlusconi: "Seedorf? My father and Mr. Galliani will meet up to discuss "
- 19 May 15:31 AC MILAN, Honda: " Iím now off to Japan and Iím aiming to get in top shape for the World Cup"
- 19 May 15:14 INTER, Moratti: "Inter's colours, history and beauty are what matter most"
- 19 May 02:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "I will be here in the next season"
- 18 May 08:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Cambiasso will leave"
- 17 May 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "Fiorentina? I'm waiting for a call"
- 16 May 02:00 AC MILAN, Amelia's agent: "We need to prepare leaving"
- 15 May 17:47 ITALY/ INTER, Kovacic: " like being in this team. Mazzarri and his staff are teaching me a lot"
- 15 May 02:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "I think that I will stay"
- 14 May 15:45 AC MILAN, Petagna: "The dream for next year is to play in the first team"
- 14 May 14:22 INTER, Nagatomo: "I've improved thanks to Mazzarri"
- 14 May 08:00 TORINO, Immobile: "I'm not going to join Juve"
- 13 May 02:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? I have a contract"
- 01 Aug 21:20 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Done for Romulo
- 01 Aug 21:00 NORWAY/ STROMSGODSET, Auction for ÷degaard
- 01 Aug 20:37 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Mission for Campbell
- 01 Aug 20:17 PARAGUAY/ OFFICIAL, Olimpia sign AcuŮa
- 01 Aug 19:59 ITALY/ LAZIO, Contacts for Jesť Rodriguez
- 01 Aug 19:39 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, PSV sign Lukovic
- 01 Aug 19:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Sandro
- 01 Aug 19:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL,Ochoa joins Malaga
- 01 Aug 18:44 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMTON, Koeman: "We are looking for the best for Osvaldo"
- 01 Aug 18:31 TURKEY/ TRABZONSPOR, Eyes on Cardozo
- 01 Aug 18:14 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, a season-long loan deal for Facundo Ferreyra
- 01 Aug 18:00 ITALY/ PARMA, Munari can move on loan to Watford
- 01 Aug 17:47 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Ural: arrive Ivan Chudin and Yaroshenko
- 01 Aug 17:35 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Lica joins Rayo Vallecano
- 01 Aug 17:24 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hangeland joins Crystal Palace
- 01 Aug 17:13 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Campell is part of my plans"
- 01 Aug 16:58 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Dier move agreed
- 01 Aug 16:50 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "It's a possibility that Vermaelen goes"
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 16:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Survey on Mandanda
- 01 Aug 16:15 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, 15 million euros needed for purchasing Mustafi: Juventus, AC Milan and Wolfsburg await
- 01 Aug 16:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ultimate move for Moreno ready
- 01 Aug 15:45 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Duel to PSG for Cech
- 01 Aug 15:30 ITALY/ PALERMO, Feddal about to be signed
- 01 Aug 15:15 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Luna more and more likely to join Italian side
- 01 Aug 15:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Willing to blaze Borussia on Kagawa: United's request
- 01 Aug 14:44 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Suggestion for Pinilla
- 01 Aug 14:30 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa, new effort for Niang: the alternative is Baptistao
- 01 Aug 14:13 CROATIA/ OFFICIAL, Milevsky joins Hajduk Spalato
- 01 Aug 14:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa target Cristian Zapata from AC Milan
- 01 Aug 13:45 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Nathan Akť might be loaned out to Derby County
- 01 Aug 13:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Ultimate strain for signing Hummels
- 01 Aug 13:15 ITALY/ INTER, Lead on Biabiany: Botta as a counterpart
- 01 Aug 13:02 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Seferovic joins Eintracht Frankfurt
- 01 Aug 13:00 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Obinna set to join if Bianchi trade fails
- 01 Aug 12:54 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Puyol gives the jersey number 5 to Busquets
- 01 Aug 12:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ryo Miyaichi's future in jeopardy
- 01 Aug 12:31 ITALY/ JUVE, Thinking about Vlaar
- 01 Aug 12:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Lazio: arrives Braafheid
- 01 Aug 12:15 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Tiago Ilori might join on loan
- 01 Aug 12:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Duel to Juventus and AC Milan on Lavezzi
- 01 Aug 11:45 HUNGARY/ HALADAS, Two Italian and one Belgian suitors for Nemeth and RadÚ
- 01 Aug 11:30 MLS - USA/ CHICAGO FIRE, Approaching Jermaine Jones
- 01 Aug 11:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Quintero more and more likely to join
- 01 Aug 10:58 ITALY/ AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I feel a lot of confidence and trust in me. I intend to repay it all"
- 01 Aug 10:38 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Samp: signed Bergessio from Catania
- 01 Aug 10:36 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Genoa: arrives Iago Falque from Tottenham
- 01 Aug 10:16 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Palermo, Hernandez's agent: thinking about Sunderland
- 01 Aug 10:06 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Porto's Juan Quintero will cost Gunners £32m
- 01 Aug 09:45 ITALY/ JUVE, Evra suggests Nani
Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has reiterated Morgan Schneiderlin will not be leaving the club and has warned the midfielder of his conduct following his midweek outburst on Twitter. Koeman said: "He is a player of Southampton and will continue to be."
Interviewed by Sky, Andrea D'Amico, agent of Juventus attacking midfielder Sebastian Giovinco, has declared: "I think that he will stay, even
Barcelona new midfielder Ivan Rakitic has declared about his team-mate Xavi: "It’s great news that he’s staying here. He’s a cl
Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez has declared: "The future, only god knows. There is competition here and I will continue to work hard
PSG forward Edinson Cavani has declared: "I am happy in Paris. I have a contract to honor. I am calm, I prefer to stay. I feel well here. But I k