INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 02 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Gargano's agent: "Monterrey is not his only option"
- 01 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "Next week a decision about his future"
- 30 Jun 00:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "Five clubs after him"
- 27 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 26 Jun 00:00 INTER, Shaqiri: "I am not leaving"
- 25 Jun 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "No contacts with FenerbahÁe"
- 24 Jun 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro: "Nothing true about Monaco"
- 23 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente; "My future? I have to talk with the club"
- 22 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Sevilla want Rami, we're in talks"
- 21 Jun 09:00 PALERMO, Gonzalez's agent: "At least three big clubs after him"
- 20 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Also Juve are after Kondogbia"
- 19 Jun 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer's agent: "No offer from Roma"
- 18 Jun 09:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli are interested, but.."
- 17 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez's agent: "Boca? We have to see..."
- 16 Jun 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He will probably sign a new deal"
- 15 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Evra: "I don't think the club will let Pogba leave"
- 14 Jun 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "My future? I'm happy here"
- 13 Jun 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "I'd like to stay, but.."
- 12 Jun 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will stay"
- 11 Jun 19:00 SAMPDORIA/ OFFICIAL, Walter Zenga is the new manager
- 11 Jun 00:00 LAZIO, Keita's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 10 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves's agent: "He had better offers, but.."
- 10 Jun 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "His future? We have to wait"
- 09 Jun 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He could end his career here"
- 08 Jun 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori's agent: "He'll join the club with the best project"
- 07 Jun 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "I hope that Pirlo will stay"
- 06 Jun 08:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 05 Jun 16:39 AC MILAN, Berlusconi-Mr.Bee meeting at Arcore
- 05 Jun 00:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Felipe Anderson: "My future is here"
- 04 Jun 00:00 NAPOLI, Zapata's agent: "He could stay"
- 03 Jun 17:20 ARGENTINA/ BANFIELD, Almeyda: "I want to continue here. In the future Lazio"
- 03 Jun 00:00 LAZIO, Ledesma's agent: "Kansas City? We'll see"
- 02 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 01 Jun 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "I want to stay"
- 31 May 08:30 INTER, Mancini: "I hope that all the good players will stay"
- 30 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I hope Ancelotti wil join us"
- 29 May 03:57 HELLAS VERONA, Rafa Marquez: "Ronaldo doesn't deserve to win Ballon d'Or "
- 28 May 16:10 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ancelotti will decide on Wednesday"
- 28 May 16:03 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis about Bigon: "Changing after 6 years is normal"
- 28 May 15:24 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "I'll get Benitez a good contract for Real Madrid!"
- 28 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "I don't think Mandzukic will join us"
- 27 May 18:59 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I hope Ancelotti will accept"
- 27 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "If Inzaghi stays, I leave"
- 26 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We like Mandzukic"
- 25 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Alex: "I want to stay, but..."
- 24 May 06:30 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba unsellable, Vidal will stay"
- 23 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "Staying in Naples is his priority"
- 22 May 06:30 NAPOLI, Benitez's agent: "He would be happy to train Real Madrid"
- 21 May 15:30 AC MILAN, Meeting with Ancelotti in Madrid
- 21 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are not after Cavani"
- 20 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I could remain here forever"
- 19 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? It's not only up to me"
- 18 May 00:00 TORINO, Ventura: "Maxi Lopez will stay"
- 17 May 03:00 INTER, Kovacic: "My future? I am happy here"
- 16 May 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Thohir wants to build a competitive team"
- 15 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? We'll see,,"
- 14 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "My future? I have a contract"
- 13 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Menez's agent: "Liverpool and Monaco? Just rumours"
- 12 May 14:00 TORINO, Ventura: "Cerci returning? Never say never. I want to stay"
- 12 May 00:00 MILAN, Galliani: "Gabigol? We'll see.."
- 11 May 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "We'll respect Handanovic's will"
- 10 May 10:00 AS ROMA, Sabatini: "We want to keep Nainggolan"
- 09 May 00:00 INTER, Podolski: "I could stay"
- 08 May 11:00 BREAKING NEWS - AC MILAN, Unai Emery agrees move to Italian club
- 08 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Benitez: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 07 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are after Dybala and Cavani"
- 06 May 11:22 AC MILAN, Next Friday Berlusconi will have a meeting with the Chinese network
- 06 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He will stay"
- 05 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's agent: "No contacts with Juve"
- 04 May 11:30 ITALY/ JUVE, Pirlo "Away from Ac Milan, because I needed other motivations"
- 04 May 11:14 MILAN, Bee Taechaubol: "Serie A was the league to watch for me,Serie A was the league to watch for me"
- 04 May 10:59 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I have nothing to prove to anyone"
- 04 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez: "I want to stay"
- 03 May 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba not for sale"
- 01 May 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori: "Honoured by Napoli interest"
- 30 Apr 06:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I hope Tevez will stay"
- 29 Apr 00:00 UDINESE, Soldati: "Many clubs after Allan, but.."
- 28 Apr 18:36 AC MILAN, Galliani on club's future: "A passage of ownership would be only for the club's benefit"
- 28 Apr 17:06 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "We have to try and get back to winning ways"
- 28 Apr 16:50 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "All the players immediately agreed the retreat"
- 28 Apr 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Podolski wants to rejoin Arsenal"
- 27 Apr 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Soon we'll talk about Ventura's new deal"
- 26 Apr 11:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Garcia stays"
- 25 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I will stay"
- 24 Apr 15:45 EUROPA LEAGUE, The Road to Warszaw: Napoli-Dnipro and FC Seville-Fiorentina
- 24 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "My future? I am focused on my club"
- 23 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I don't know what will happen in the future"
- 22 Apr 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "My future? I would like to play in England"
- 21 Apr 00:00 INTER, Hernanes: "I will stay"
- 20 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We'll try to sign Dybala"
- 19 Apr 11:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "I will do all I can to stay"
- 18 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Ederson's agent: "Saint-Etienne are after him"
- 17 Apr 18:43 INTER, Shaqiri: "We want to win the derby in a Nerazzurri Meazza"
- 17 Apr 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Soriano: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 16 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We want to keep Icardi and Handanovic"
- 14 Apr 18:14 JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "You need a lot of different ingredients to go all the way in the Champions"
- 11 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Mexes: "I hope to remain"
- 10 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "OM? I am happy here"
- 09 Apr 11:11 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis threatens to cancel squad's holidays
- 08 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "I could end my career here"
- 02 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Gargano's agent: "Monterrey is not his only option"
- 01 Jul 23:37 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Celtic sign Janko
- 01 Jul 23:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Udinese sign Ali Adnan
- 01 Jul 22:59 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hamburg sign Holtby on permanent deal
- 01 Jul 22:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Gabriel renews with AC Milan
- 01 Jul 22:20 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Gundogan renews with Borussia
- 01 Jul 22:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool sign Clyne on long-term deal
- 01 Jul 21:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Boudebouz joins Montpellier
- 01 Jul 21:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Veteran goalie Abbiati renews for AC Milan
- 01 Jul 21:15 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto sign Imbula. Majestic releasing clause on him
- 01 Jul 21:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Former Sociedad icon Elustondo joins rivals Athletic Bilbao
- 01 Jul 20:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bournemouth sign Distin and renew with Allsop
- 01 Jul 20:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sampdoria sign Torreira. Pescara hire Fornasier back
- 01 Jul 20:15 ARSENAL, Cech: "Iím sure Iíll settle quickly"
- 01 Jul 20:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Ä80m rejected from Barcelona for Pogba
- 01 Jul 19:45 ENGLAND/ SWANSEA, Eder: "I am very happy to have signed for this club"
- 01 Jul 19:30 ITALY/ TORINO, Joel Obi set to join quickly
- 01 Jul 19:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL: Diaby and four 1995-born leave Arsenal as free agents
- 01 Jul 18:59 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AS Roma sign Iago Falquť
- 01 Jul 18:43 ITALY/ INTER, Jovetic agent quits Meliŗ: meeting with Ausilio
- 01 Jul 18:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Bayern Munich sign Douglas Costa: 30 million euros payment
- 01 Jul 18:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Agree Pogba deal
- 01 Jul 18:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Spurs midfielder Holtby joins Hamburg
- 01 Jul 17:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter sign Miranda from Atletico Madrid
- 01 Jul 17:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Amoo signs for Partick Thistle
- 01 Jul 16:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Nantes renew Dubois' contract
- 01 Jul 15:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Watford sign Vydra on a full basis
- 01 Jul 15:29 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, AS Monaco sign Corentin Jean
- 01 Jul 14:59 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sampdoria sign Edgar Barreto
- 01 Jul 14:30 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Antalyaspor's agreement with Eto'o is a 3 years deal
- 01 Jul 14:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Karnezis extends for Udinese
- 01 Jul 13:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Lille sign Kanon
- 01 Jul 12:57 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Ufa sign Katsalapov
- 01 Jul 12:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Hellas Verona sign Viviani
- 01 Jul 11:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Heaton renews for Burnley
- 01 Jul 11:30 ITALY/ FROSINONE, Eyes on Kone
- 01 Jul 11:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sassuolo purchase Pellegrini from AS Roma
- 01 Jul 10:27 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Empoli sign Skorupski and Krunic
- 01 Jul 09:57 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Knyazev joins Ural
- 01 Jul 09:29 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Suggestion for Vargas
- 01 Jul 08:59 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Gobbi joins Chievo Verona
- 01 Jul 08:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Stuttgart sign Czech talent Kliment
- 01 Jul 08:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico sign Jackson Martinez
- 01 Jul 07:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Verona sign Souprayen
- 01 Jul 07:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Depor sign RIera
- 01 Jul 07:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Ilicevic renews with Hamburg
- 01 Jul 07:00 FRANCE/ BASTIA, The club risks relegation for financial problems
- 01 Jul 06:45 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "De Bruyne will stay"
- 01 Jul 06:30 MONTPELLIER, Nicollin: "I would like to obtain Rabiot on loan"
- 01 Jul 06:15 ARSENAL, Podolski: "I want to join Galatasaray"
After 3 seasons spent playing for Southampton, English international left backwing Nathaniel Clyne (24) has been officially signed by Liverpool on a long-term deal, most likely a 5 years one. Former Crystal Palace player joins Reds on an about 18 million euros payment.
Interviewed by TuttoNapoli, Pablo Baselli, agent of Napoli midfielder Walter Gargano, has declared: "At the moment Walter is still a Napoli playe
Sevilla FC defender Grzegorz Krychowiak has told Diario de Sevilla: "I have received no offer and I am totally focused on Seville. It has been a
Petr Cech believes having a full pre-season at Arsenal will help him to settle quickly at the club.
The goalkeeper became Arsène Wenger&rsqu
Interviewed by FcInterNews.it, Alessandro Canovi, agent of PSG midfielder Thiago Motta, has declared: "We have decided to stop the negotiations f
Interviewed by Sport 1, Wolfsburg Sporting Director Klaus Allofs has declared about 24-year-old attacking midfielder Kevin De Bruyne: "Kevin has