INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 04 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "I will stay for some more seasons, then.."
- 03 Oct 06:00 INTER, Vidic's agent: "Nothing true about DC United's interest"
- 02 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "Too early to talk about my new contract"
- 01 Oct 13:27 JUVENTUS, Morata after triumph over FC Seville: "Delighted for victory more than for my goal. I really enjoy working with Dybala"
- 01 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Vecino: "I am very happy in Florence"
- 30 Sep 06:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "I would have liked to play in England"
- 29 Sep 19:58 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner will miss the Group D meeting with Sevilla
- 29 Sep 19:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - AS ROMA: "Vital game against BATE. No problem playing in Keita's usual position, if I'm needed there"
- 29 Sep 16:46 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Disciplinary action against Caceres: suspension from the first team
- 29 Sep 13:30 CHAMPIONS, Bate-Roma: Possible lineups Roma boss Garcia set for 100th game in charge
- 29 Sep 06:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 28 Sep 13:59 Roll with the exes - FROSINONE v EMPOLI: the only one is a very recent one
- 28 Sep 10:37 Roll with the exes - ATALANTA v SAMPDORIA: One for each team, both Paraguayan
- 28 Sep 00:00 BOLOGNA, Corvino: "Rossi will stay"
- 26 Sep 23:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, TORINO v PALERMO: several ones, Belotti is the most recent
- 26 Sep 21:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, SASSUOLO v CHIEVO VERONA: one captain and icon among
- 26 Sep 15:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, NAPOLI v JUVENTUS: the only real one is a manager
- 26 Sep 11:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, AS ROMA v CARPI: a veteran Giallorossi striker in between
- 24 Sep 13:00 Roll with the exes - EMPOLI v ATALANTA: One for each squad
- 23 Sep 23:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Matchday 5 failure: "We weren't careful enough on Frosinone corner kick"
- 23 Sep 16:00 Roll with the exes - LAZIO v GENOA: two important offensive players in the spotlight
- 23 Sep 13:17 Roll with the exes - SAMPDORIA v AS ROMA: once Giallorossi star
- 23 Sep 12:00 Roll with the exes - INTER v HELLAS VERONA: a former big scorer among
- 23 Sep 10:59 Roll with the exes - JUVENTUS v FROSINONE: all on greenhorns side
- 22 Sep 01:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's coach: "Agreement for his new deal"
- 19 Sep 12:00 AC MILAN v PALERMO, Matchday 4 Special Preview - Nocerino is not the only ex
- 19 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I want to win with this club"
- 18 Sep 13:45 GENOA v JUVENTUS, Special Preview - Sturaro is the recent moving jewel
- 18 Sep 00:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - AS ROMA (Group E), scorer of the highlight goal Florenzi: "It will be one of my best football memories"
- 17 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "Relaxed about my new contract"
- 16 Sep 14:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - JUVENTUS (Group D), Morata: "When we play as we know to, we're among the best teams in Europe"
- 16 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Strinic's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 15 Sep 16:39 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - MANCHESTER CITY v JUVENTUS (Group D): Fernando from the kick-off
- 15 Sep 08:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He has 99,9% chances to renew"
- 14 Sep 07:00 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "This is the Balotelli we always want to see"
- 11 Sep 08:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 10 Sep 08:00 PALERMO, Gilardino: "I thought I was going to stay at Fiorentina"
- 10 Sep 01:17 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: "We need to start winning immediately. I'll be the offensive midfielder Allegri wants"
- 09 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Morganella: "Happy to have renewed"
- 08 Sep 11:12 INTER, Perisic: "Ditching Wolfsburg for Inter was easy"
- 07 Sep 16:30 AC MILAN, Once more Bad Boy Balotelli: driving license suspended
- 07 Sep 15:15 AS ROMA, Medical tests for Pjanic
- 07 Sep 11:39 LAZIO, De Vrij injured playing for Dutch NT
- 05 Sep 00:00 TORINO, Glik: "I never asked to leave"
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "We've been in talks for Hamsik"
- 02 Sep 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We were hoping to obtain Witsel on loan"
- 31 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I expect something from the transfer market"
- 30 Aug 10:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra won't join"
- 28 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Nothing true about Ibrahimovic"
- 27 Aug 08:00 INTER, Brozovic: "OL? I am happy here"
- 21 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Amauri's agent: "I don't think he will leave"
- 20 Aug 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Perisic could join"
- 19 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Maksimovic won't join Napoli"
- 14 Aug 08:00 ATALANTA, Cigarini's agent: "No contacts with Fiorentina£
- 13 Aug 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra? Difficult"
- 12 Aug 00:00 PALERMO, Milanović's agent: "He won't stay"
- 11 Aug 00:00 AS ROMA, Castan: "I will stay"
- 10 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We are about to sign Romagnoli"
- 09 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "No problems with Higuain"
- 08 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "My future? Everything can happen"
- 07 Aug 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I am happy here"
- 06 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Nothing new about Romagnoli"
- 05 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "If we'll receive an offer for Maksimovic..."
- 04 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 03 Aug 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 00:00 INTER, Taider's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 31 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Negredo: "I want to stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon's agent: "No contacts with Chelsea"
- 30 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 29 Jul 00:00 ATALANTA, Sartori: "Denis will stay"
- 28 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Draxler? There's no hurry"
- 27 Jul 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "Real were after me, but I asked to stay"
- 25 Jul 12:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic: "Happy to stay"
- 24 Jul 09:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Colo Colo? I have a contract, we'll see"
- 23 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "We don't want to sell anybody"
- 22 Jul 06:00 AC MILAN, Menez's agent: "He will stay for sure"
- 18 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli? Juve want to keep him"
- 17 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "We're seeking a forward"
- 14 Jul 13:45 JUVENTUS, Tevez's transfer to Boca Juniors sums and details disclosed
- 13 Jul 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are observing Salah's situation"
- 11 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Angelozzi: "We are not after El Kaddouri"
- 10 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Berardi's agent: "He won't join Juve before 2016"
- 09 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Sepe's agent: "He could join Fiorentina"
- 08 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Vrsaljko's agent: "We are waiting for Napoli"
- 06 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Peres' agent: "Ready for a great club"
- 02 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Gargano's agent: "Monterrey is not his only option"
- 01 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "Next week a decision about his future"
- 30 Jun 00:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "Five clubs after him"
- 27 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 26 Jun 00:00 INTER, Shaqiri: "I am not leaving"
- 25 Jun 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "No contacts with Fenerbahçe"
- 24 Jun 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro: "Nothing true about Monaco"
- 23 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente; "My future? I have to talk with the club"
- 22 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Sevilla want Rami, we're in talks"
- 21 Jun 09:00 PALERMO, Gonzalez's agent: "At least three big clubs after him"
- 20 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Also Juve are after Kondogbia"
- 19 Jun 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer's agent: "No offer from Roma"
- 18 Jun 09:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli are interested, but.."
- 04 Oct 11:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Two right backs on target
- 04 Oct 10:00 CHINA/ SHANGHAI, In talks with Prandelli
- 04 Oct 09:00 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Sneijder renews with Galatasaray
- 04 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "I will stay for some more seasons, then.."
- 03 Oct 23:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Also Bayern after Mustafi
- 03 Oct 22:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Sidcley renews with Atletico PR
- 03 Oct 21:00 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Eyes on Victor Valdes
- 03 Oct 20:00 RUSSIA/ DYNAMO, Buttner likely to leave
- 03 Oct 19:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL. Lead on Nolito
- 03 Oct 18:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Idea Ginczek
- 03 Oct 17:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Dreaming Sousa
- 03 Oct 16:00 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC, American suitors for Aduriz
- 03 Oct 15:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Keen on Aguero
- 03 Oct 14:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Idea Cancelo
- 03 Oct 13:00 ITALY/ INTER, Eyes on Gonçalo Guedes
- 03 Oct 12:00 UKRAINE/ DYNAMO, Also Barcelona after Yarmolenko
- 03 Oct 11:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Adrian renews with West Ham
- 03 Oct 10:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Mission for Walace
- 03 Oct 09:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Two midfielders on the wishlist
- 03 Oct 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "In Spain, Barça would be my only choice"
- 03 Oct 06:00 INTER, Vidic's agent: "Nothing true about DC United's interest"
- 03 Oct 00:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Debuchy plans departure
- 02 Oct 23:33 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Perez: "Ronaldo is a Blancos legend"
- 02 Oct 23:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Atalanta: long-term renewal for Grassi
- 02 Oct 23:00 ENGLAND/ BIRMINGHAM CITY, A new Premier League pursuer for Gray
- 02 Oct 22:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Rennes sign Dembelé on first pro contract
- 02 Oct 21:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, A Premier League suitor for Badelj
- 02 Oct 21:27 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Wigan sign Love on loan from Manchester United
- 02 Oct 20:59 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY, Planning to challenge Inter on Sala
- 02 Oct 20:29 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Survey on Guidetti
- 02 Oct 20:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Planning an all-in for Berardi: chances are low now
- 02 Oct 19:30 SOUTHAMPTON & WATFORD, Tryouts for Rafael York
- 02 Oct 18:57 FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Survey on Guilherme
- 02 Oct 18:27 ENGLAND/ WATFORD, Holebas tempted to resign
- 02 Oct 17:59 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, 3 European giants keen on Mustafi
- 02 Oct 17:29 USA/ NY CITY FC, Ronaldinho's agent admits: "MLS is definitely a chance for him. Quitting? Are you crazy?"
- 02 Oct 17:07 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, CR7: "I've been a bit of a bastard!"
- 02 Oct 17:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City sign McKenzie on his first pro contract
- 02 Oct 16:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Charlton announce three renewals and one outloan
- 02 Oct 15:57 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I talked with my players about what we failed against Porto. Amelia? He can be the right guy for us"
- 02 Oct 15:27 DENMARK/ COPENHAGEN, Two more suitors for Amartey
- 02 Oct 14:59 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC BILBAO, U.S. perspectives for Aduriz
- 02 Oct 14:29 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Former Arsenal youngster Özyakup on target
- 02 Oct 14:00 GERMANY/ FC KÖLN, Eyes on Durmisi
- 02 Oct 13:30 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Kerzhakov wants to leave
- 02 Oct 12:47 FRANCE/ PSG, Super offer for Cristiano Ronaldo
- 02 Oct 12:14 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Mudingayi searching for a team: opinion of Las Palmas and Betis
- 02 Oct 12:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Pallotta warns Garcia: "Now need clear ideas..."
- 02 Oct 11:43 ITALY/ JUVE, Now Morata want to redouble his wage
- 02 Oct 11:28 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ramsey can't remember his last Gunners goal
Having had a very unfortunate course at Arsenal for the time being, mostly due to repeated injuries occurred to him, French international right backwing and winger Mathieu Debuchy (30), more and more obscured by Héctor Bellerín's developments as a pro
Interviewed by El Mercurio, Fiorentina attacking midfielder Matias Fernandez has declared "My future? I still want to move to Chile, but I also l
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has praised Cristiano Ronaldo with the Portugal international on the brink of becoming the leading&nb
Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has told Radio 4G: "If I ever come back to Spain to train a team, Barça is my only choice. If not, I'
Attending pre-game press conference before Europa League Matchday 2 group round rendez-vous against Tottenham, AS Monaco veteran half-back Jeremy Toul
Schalke 04 Sporting Director Horst Heldt has declared: "There are many contacts for Sanè, Liverpool are ready to pay. We are not intereste