INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 27 Nov 13:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We can win Serie A"
- 24 Nov 11:59 JUVENTUS, Chiellini: "City will be aggressive. Dybala is developing into a very fine player, technique-wise"
- 20 Nov 00:00 AC MILAN, Donnarumma: "Being compared to Buffon is an honour, he's the all-time best"
- 19 Nov 16:30 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "I'm not surprised Premier League are tracking him"
- 18 Nov 17:30 JUVENTUS, Morata: "At Paris it was a terrible tragedy"
- 16 Nov 10:36 ITALY/ JUVE, Pogba will leave and join Barcelona, according to FIFA agent Bronzetti
- 15 Nov 17:00 AS ROMA, Garcia on Paris attacks: "Let's all stay close against such tragedies"
- 09 Nov 18:00 ITALY, Conte: "Pirlo may not make Italy Euro 2016 squad"
- 09 Nov 17:49 ITALY/ AC MILAN, For the midfield observing Maher
- 09 Nov 15:40 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We are proud of what we are achieving"
- 06 Nov 00:05 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "I will do the best that I can to support Mancini and Inter. Scudetto? We will see"
- 05 Nov 22:04 INTER, Deschamps: "Difficult situation for Kondogbia at Inter"
- 05 Nov 08:29 AS ROMA, Nainggolan: "Good victory over Leverkusen, but we need to improve defence-wise"
- 04 Nov 05:57 EXCLUSIVE - Cristiano Zanetti: "Inter is favourite for Scudetto, injuries will make the difference. Mancini understands all game situations"
- 03 Nov 14:13 ITALY, Summit Thohir-Berlusconi, the topics
- 03 Nov 07:59 INTER, Mancini: "Scudetto? We'll think about that later"
- 02 Nov 20:39 AC MILAN, Bertolacci: tear of the rectus femoris muscle in his left thigh
- 02 Nov 18:27 AC MILAN, Antonelli: "We knew Lazio's wide-men are the league's best. A very good moment for us"
- 01 Nov 22:00 TORINO, Bad news from the infirmary: Maksimovic's return delayed
- 29 Oct 09:57 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Sassuolo disaster: "No excuse for our approach, I'm really disappointed. All of us are to blame"
- 28 Oct 07:30 INTER, Handanovic: "My save on Destro? That's simply my job. But we need to work on our mentality and approach"
- 27 Oct 06:00 INTER, Mancini: "Besides Fiorentina unfortunate game, we showed to be defensively solid"
- 26 Oct 21:35 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini: "Icardi will rediscover goalscoring form"
- 26 Oct 14:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "We played almost perfectly against Chievo"
- 26 Oct 09:47 JUVENTUS, Pereyra could stop for 20 days
- 24 Oct 04:08 ITALY/ JUVE, Marotta: "Draxler chose money over Juventus"
- 22 Oct 20:30 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: " At Inter I played one and half season, but I couldn't keep the continuity "
- 22 Oct 13:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Walcott: "The secret to beating Bayern"
- 21 Oct 08:59 AS ROMA, Pjanic on 4-4 draw at Leverkusen: "A real shame, we shouldn't have conceded them that much"
- 20 Oct 10:27 AS ROMA, Florenzi: "Happy to have drawn more attention on me after the goal against Barça"
- 20 Oct 05:23 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "We have built a good squad and our objective for this year is to get back into the Champions"
- 19 Oct 13:15 ITALY, Ancelotti: "I would never coach Inter"
- 19 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Marchisio: "Important point against Inter. We are not giving up on Scudetto"
- 16 Oct 20:33 INTER, Mancini: "Some things have changed from my first time here"
- 16 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Khedira: "Now Italian league is thrilling for us. In a way, that's a good thing"
- 15 Oct 06:00 LAZIO, Club M.D. on De Vrij: "We hope we can avoid knee surgery"
- 14 Oct 19:02 AC MILAN, Calabria: "Proud to represent Italy Under-21s"
- 14 Oct 09:53 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Signed the young Di Massimo
- 14 Oct 06:00 INTER, Alex Telles looks forward to Juventus clash: "We are prepared, and we can win. Things might change a lot after next weekend"
- 12 Oct 07:57 JUVENTUS, Medical report on Morata: no fractures
- 10 Oct 00:00 INTER, Montoya's agent: "He will stay"
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Nedved: "I don't see Morata in another club"
- 07 Oct 11:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Also Valencia are battling to sign Victor Valdes
- 07 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He has never asked to leave"
- 06 Oct 00:00 INTER, Dimarco's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 05 Oct 00:00 AC MILAN, Mihajlovic: "I won't resign"
- 04 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "I will stay for some more seasons, then.."
- 03 Oct 06:00 INTER, Vidic's agent: "Nothing true about DC United's interest"
- 02 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "Too early to talk about my new contract"
- 01 Oct 13:27 JUVENTUS, Morata after triumph over FC Seville: "Delighted for victory more than for my goal. I really enjoy working with Dybala"
- 01 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Vecino: "I am very happy in Florence"
- 30 Sep 06:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "I would have liked to play in England"
- 29 Sep 19:58 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner will miss the Group D meeting with Sevilla
- 29 Sep 19:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - AS ROMA: "Vital game against BATE. No problem playing in Keita's usual position, if I'm needed there"
- 29 Sep 16:46 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Disciplinary action against Caceres: suspension from the first team
- 29 Sep 13:30 CHAMPIONS, Bate-Roma: Possible lineups Roma boss Garcia set for 100th game in charge
- 29 Sep 06:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 28 Sep 13:59 Roll with the exes - FROSINONE v EMPOLI: the only one is a very recent one
- 28 Sep 10:37 Roll with the exes - ATALANTA v SAMPDORIA: One for each team, both Paraguayan
- 28 Sep 00:00 BOLOGNA, Corvino: "Rossi will stay"
- 26 Sep 23:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, TORINO v PALERMO: several ones, Belotti is the most recent
- 26 Sep 21:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, SASSUOLO v CHIEVO VERONA: one captain and icon among
- 26 Sep 15:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, NAPOLI v JUVENTUS: the only real one is a manager
- 26 Sep 11:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, AS ROMA v CARPI: a veteran Giallorossi striker in between
- 24 Sep 13:00 Roll with the exes - EMPOLI v ATALANTA: One for each squad
- 23 Sep 23:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Matchday 5 failure: "We weren't careful enough on Frosinone corner kick"
- 23 Sep 16:00 Roll with the exes - LAZIO v GENOA: two important offensive players in the spotlight
- 23 Sep 13:17 Roll with the exes - SAMPDORIA v AS ROMA: once Giallorossi star
- 23 Sep 12:00 Roll with the exes - INTER v HELLAS VERONA: a former big scorer among
- 23 Sep 10:59 Roll with the exes - JUVENTUS v FROSINONE: all on greenhorns side
- 22 Sep 01:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's coach: "Agreement for his new deal"
- 19 Sep 12:00 AC MILAN v PALERMO, Matchday 4 Special Preview - Nocerino is not the only ex
- 19 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I want to win with this club"
- 18 Sep 13:45 GENOA v JUVENTUS, Special Preview - Sturaro is the recent moving jewel
- 18 Sep 00:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - AS ROMA (Group E), scorer of the highlight goal Florenzi: "It will be one of my best football memories"
- 17 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "Relaxed about my new contract"
- 16 Sep 14:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - JUVENTUS (Group D), Morata: "When we play as we know to, we're among the best teams in Europe"
- 16 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Strinic's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 15 Sep 16:39 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - MANCHESTER CITY v JUVENTUS (Group D): Fernando from the kick-off
- 15 Sep 08:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He has 99,9% chances to renew"
- 14 Sep 07:00 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "This is the Balotelli we always want to see"
- 11 Sep 08:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 10 Sep 08:00 PALERMO, Gilardino: "I thought I was going to stay at Fiorentina"
- 10 Sep 01:17 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: "We need to start winning immediately. I'll be the offensive midfielder Allegri wants"
- 09 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Morganella: "Happy to have renewed"
- 08 Sep 11:12 INTER, Perisic: "Ditching Wolfsburg for Inter was easy"
- 07 Sep 16:30 AC MILAN, Once more Bad Boy Balotelli: driving license suspended
- 07 Sep 15:15 AS ROMA, Medical tests for Pjanic
- 07 Sep 11:39 LAZIO, De Vrij injured playing for Dutch NT
- 05 Sep 00:00 TORINO, Glik: "I never asked to leave"
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "We've been in talks for Hamsik"
- 02 Sep 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We were hoping to obtain Witsel on loan"
- 31 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I expect something from the transfer market"
- 30 Aug 10:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra won't join"
- 28 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Nothing true about Ibrahimovic"
- 27 Aug 08:00 INTER, Brozovic: "OL? I am happy here"
- 21 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Amauri's agent: "I don't think he will leave"
- 27 Nov 13:59 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mou wants Vardy and Dembele
- 27 Nov 13:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We can win Serie A"
- 27 Nov 13:02 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman insists will reject any offers for forward Sadio Mane
- 27 Nov 12:38 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Deulofeu insists he wants to stay
- 27 Nov 12:19 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Pulis would like to stay for the long term
- 27 Nov 12:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Sanchez and Vardy are like lions"
- 27 Nov 11:40 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, New Neymar deal close
- 27 Nov 11:22 ITALY/ UDINESE, Di Natale asking to quit before
- 27 Nov 10:58 ITALY/ INTER, Pirlo is still a market target
- 27 Nov 10:44 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Balotelli against Reds return
- 27 Nov 10:31 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger is targeting Lars Bender
- 27 Nov 10:15 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Messi in big-money City move
- 27 Nov 09:57 ITALY/ INTER, Sevilla and Sporting Lisbona interested in Ranocchia
- 27 Nov 00:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Possible winter attempt for Ranocchia due to Andreolli's injury
- 26 Nov 23:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Eyes on Caldara
- 26 Nov 22:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Bilic wants Gökhan Töre again with him
- 26 Nov 21:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Working on getting Benatia back
- 26 Nov 20:00 UAE/ AL-WAHDA, Back for Amauri
- 26 Nov 19:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool loan Marsh to Wednesday
- 26 Nov 19:00 BRAZIL/ GREMIO, Suggestion for Marcelo Toscano
- 26 Nov 18:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Alégué
- 26 Nov 17:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland loan Bridcutt to Leeds
- 26 Nov 17:29 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Winter suggestion for Van Persie
- 26 Nov 16:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Kingsley joins Swansea City back
- 26 Nov 16:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bruno Peres renews for Torino
- 26 Nov 16:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA JUNIORS, Done for Osvaldo's return
- 26 Nov 15:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Culpi resigns from Atletico Mineiro
- 26 Nov 14:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: bargain hunter
- 26 Nov 13:27 LEICESTER CITY & WBA, Eyes on Darikwa
- 26 Nov 12:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER 96, Lead over Werder on Lezcano
- 26 Nov 12:29 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Abramovich wants Ribéry
- 26 Nov 11:59 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Willing to bring Juan back
- 26 Nov 11:30 SWITZERLAND/ YOUNG BOYS, Planning to get Michael Frey back
- 26 Nov 11:00 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Deulofeu: "Back to Barça? No way, I love Toffees". Sums and situation
- 26 Nov 10:27 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Leroy Fer might join back in January
- 26 Nov 09:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, 4 veterans renew for Torino
- 26 Nov 09:29 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Trial period for 2 young Uruguayans
- 26 Nov 08:59 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING LISBON, Suggestion for Ranocchia
- 26 Nov 08:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He needs to play with a continuity again. Winter move? I don't know"
- 26 Nov 08:00 JUVENTUS & REAL MADRID, Both surveying Rulli
- 26 Nov 06:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Manchester City extend Zuculini's loan to Middlesbrough
- 26 Nov 04:00 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, New suggestion for Borriello
- 26 Nov 02:00 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Weighing up an offer for Slimani
- 26 Nov 00:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Meeting with Heurtaux's agent soon
- 25 Nov 22:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Tottenham loan McEvoy out
- 25 Nov 20:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Las Palmas extend deal with Tana
- 25 Nov 18:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Rodak renews for Fulham
- 25 Nov 16:00 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Van Gaal on Robben
- 25 Nov 15:31 FRANCE/ PSG, To plot mega-Ronaldo deal
- 25 Nov 15:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, A Serie A suitor for Strinic
Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu insists he wants to stay at Goodison Park for the long term.
The 21-year-old, who had an impressive loan spell with the Toffees in 2013/14, moved back to Merseyside on a permanent basis during the summer, signing a three-year con
Napoli captain Marek Hamsik admitted the team's exploits this season have taken him by surprise, but he feels his side can mount a
Attending a long press conference, Real Madrid owner Florentino Perez widely commented upon Rafa Benitez's position stability as Merengues manager
On a good route after a difficult start, Manchester United could now get Champiosn League eighth finals pass with one group round turn in advance, now
Interviewed by Maxifoot.fr, Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta stated: "My renewal with PSG? I've always been honest with the c
Scorer of the temporary equalizing goal in last Bundesliga match againt Bayern Munich, which in the end won 3-1 at Veltins-Arena, Schalke 04 risi