INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 27 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Van Ginkel may join us"
- 26 Aug 17:14 JUVENTUS, Romulo: "I’m excited by the challenge of playing Champions"
- 26 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Paratici: "No contacts between Sevilla and Ogbonna"
- 25 Aug 17:30 INTER, Medel: "I want to show what I can do"
- 25 Aug 00:00 ROMA, Destro's agent: "Milan could make a step soon"
- 24 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The market? If the team can be improved..."
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 04 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "We are keeping our word"
- 03 Aug 09:00 INTER, Schelotto's agent: "Southampton? We'll see,,"
- 02 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 02:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Also Real after him"
- 29 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? It's up to him"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 10:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 02:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 02:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 19:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 12:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 08:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 02:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 08:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 19:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 14 Jul 08:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honored by United's interest"
- 13 Jul 08:00 FIORENTINA, Valero: "I am not leaving"
- 12 Jul 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "He could still join Milan"
- 11 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Vrsaljko won't join. Cerci.. who knows"
- 10 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Iturbe? We'll see.."
- 09 Jul 02:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "Klose is not for sale"
- 08 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Pradè: "No official offers for Cuadrado"
- 07 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "Don't know anything about Barcelona"
- 04 Jul 02:00 GENOA. Vrsaljko's agent: "No news about his future"
- 03 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He is happy here"
- 02 Jul 10:50 JUVENTUS, Barzagli undergoes surgery in Finland
- 01 Jul 02:00 INTER, Taider: "I will stay"
- 30 Jun 18:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 30 Jun 15:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi about FIGC: "The hour has come for change"
- 28 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "Fiorentina agreable destination"
- 26 Jun 02:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic's agent: "Don't know anything about Lazio"
- 25 Jun 19:00 AC MILAN, Balotelli has hit back at his critics
- 25 Jun 02:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "He is about to join Chievo"
- 24 Jun 02:00 LAZIO, Perea's agent: "He's going nowhere"
- 23 Jun 02:00 MILAN, B. Berlusconi: "Balotelli is not irreplaceable"
- 22 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Bernardeschi: "Udinese and Cagliari agreable destinations"
- 21 Jun 02:00 INTER, Krhin's agent: "Happy to be back"
- 20 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "Italian and foreign clubs after him"
- 19 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We still don't know if he will stay"
- 18 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Radosevic's agent: "He's looking for a team where he can play"
- 17 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema's agent: "No agreement for the new contract"
- 17 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He's like to to end his career in Naples"
- 16 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Benitez: "We are not seeking defenders or goalkeepers"
- 14 Jun 02:00 INTER, Rolando: "I would like to remain, but..."
- 13 Jun 18:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi: "Our aim is to get qualified to Champions League"
- 13 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Cristante's agent: "Benfica after him, but he's not for sale"
- 12 Jun 02:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "Besiktas is an option"
- 11 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "Monaco are not after him"
- 10 Jun 02:00 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella's agent: "Galatasaray? Too early"
- 09 Jun 18:26 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Inzaghi " I thank President Berlusconi and all the club for the faith"
- 09 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I would like to stay"
- 08 Jun 08:00 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "I would like to stay"
- 07 Jun 02:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "No contacts with Besiktas"
- 06 Jun 08:00 INTER, Andreolli's agent: "He will definitely stay"
- 29 Aug 07:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pirlo out for one month
- 29 Aug 06:57 MONTPELLIER, Courbis: "Stambouli wants to move abroad"
- 29 Aug 06:39 BAYERN, Sammer: "Xabi will bring quality"
- 29 Aug 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Some players may leave"
- 29 Aug 06:00 REAL, Ronaldo: "Two Important players have left"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 23:37 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Arsenal's offer for Sokratis refused
- 28 Aug 23:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Leicester sign Cambiasso
- 28 Aug 22:59 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Udinese sign Evangelista
- 28 Aug 22:39 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Turan joins Karabükspor
- 28 Aug 22:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sau renews with Cagliari
- 28 Aug 22:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Zaha joins Crystal Palace
- 28 Aug 21:37 ITALY/ CHIEVO, Puggioni likely to join
- 28 Aug 21:17 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Metz sign Krivets
- 28 Aug 20:59 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Sacko joins Sporting
- 28 Aug 20:39 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Meeting for Hernandez
- 28 Aug 20:20 MALTA/ SILEMA, Done for Bocar
- 28 Aug 20:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Jordan renews with Espanyol
- 28 Aug 19:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Cofie joins Chievo
- 28 Aug 19:30 SPAIN/ CORDOBA, Eyes on G. Simeone
- 28 Aug 19:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Carbonero joins Cesena
- 28 Aug 19:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Jafar will play for Granada
- 28 Aug 18:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernando about to join
- 28 Aug 18:30 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Borini will stay
- 28 Aug 18:15 ITALY/ GENOA, Roncaglia about to join
- 28 Aug 18:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Duel with Real for Falcao
- 28 Aug 17:45 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Buonanotte joins Pachuca
- 28 Aug 17:30 ITALY/ PARMA, Also Sampdoria after Mesbah
- 28 Aug 17:15 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Alderweireld likely to join
- 28 Aug 17:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sassuolo sign Zappa
- 28 Aug 16:44 ENGLAND,Rooney named England captain
- 28 Aug 16:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Ulna fracture for Ghoulam
- 28 Aug 16:29 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico Madrid: arrives Velazquez
- 28 Aug 16:14 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Allardyce: "Still hoping to bring a new signing"
- 28 Aug 16:01 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Torres' agent: "Milan is a possibility
- 28 Aug 16:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere on Sanchez's victory goal against Besiktas: "Alexis needed to score his first goal as a Gunner"
- 28 Aug 15:48 ITALY/ PALERMO, Duel to Aston Villa on Acquafresca
- 28 Aug 15:36 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Torres unlikely to leave due to Diego Costa's injury
- 28 Aug 15:24 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Potential last-minute attempt for Aubameyang
- 28 Aug 15:12 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Benfica back for Cristante
- 28 Aug 15:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Swansea City renew Ki Sung-Yueng's deal
- 28 Aug 14:48 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Majestic offer for Blind is ready
- 28 Aug 14:36 AUSTRALIA/ SYDNEY FC, Chances to sign Pellissier
- 28 Aug 14:24 URUGUAY/ OFFICIAL, Alfaro joins Liverpool Montevideo back
- 28 Aug 14:12 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Zigic's agent: "It's true, Gunners are after him"
- 28 Aug 14:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Answer to United on Kagawa expected. Italian rivals approaching
- 28 Aug 13:48 ITALY/ GENOA, Done for Roncaglia
- 28 Aug 13:36 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Duel to Arsenal on William Carvalho
- 28 Aug 13:24 ITALY/ AC MILAN, In the end Zaccardo might join Parma back
- 28 Aug 13:12 ITALY/ INTER, Keeping an eye on Roberto Firmino
Fernando Torres' agent Antonio Sanz is reported to have told MilanNews that a deal to take his client to AC Milan is close. He said after meeting with Rossoneri officials:
"The meeting has been positive. Torres at Milan is a possibility. We will take time to reflect b
Interviewed by Mediaset Premium, Torino president Urbano Cairo has declared about 27-year-old winger Alessio Cerci: "He can still leave, he has a
Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo has declared: "You never get tired of winning. We come from a season full of trophies, but I will try to win
Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal has declared: "I cannot say anything about the market because it will raise the price. The club shall co
Interviewed by Telefoot, PSG new defender David Luiz has declared: "I am sure that here I will be happier than at Barcelona or Bayern, because PS
Bayern Munich Sports Director Matthias Sammer has declared about 32-year-old midfidler Xabi Alonso, about to join from Real Madrid: "He is a play