INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 24 Apr 16:44 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "The team has found its identity "
- 24 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Marchetti: "My future? We'll see.."
- 23 Apr 15:59 JUVENTUS, 23-man travelling party for Benfica
- 23 Apr 14:15 AC MILAN, Muntari: "We have to keep on doing well”
- 23 Apr 00:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "Real? He wants to grow up with Mazzarri"
- 22 Apr 16:32 AC MILAN, Saponara: "The negative period is behind us "
- 22 Apr 00:00 TORINO, Kurtic's agent: "I hope that he will stay"
- 21 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I am not in talks for a new contract"
- 20 Apr 00:00 ROMA, Ljajic: "I came here to stay as long as possible"
- 19 Apr 00:00 INTER, Rolando: "My future? I am happy here"
- 18 Apr 15:31 INTER, Walter Mazzarri names a 20-man squad for Parma v Inter
- 18 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "I want to stay"
- 17 Apr 16:44 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "Signing my first contract for the club was an emotional moment "
- 16 Apr 15:57 INTER, Juan Jesus: "Will I go under the knife? No, because it's only the collateral ligament"
- 16 Apr 00:00 UDINESE, Giaretta: "No contacts with Inter for Basta and Danilo"
- 15 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Conte elusive about his future
- 14 Apr 14:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "As when I was a player, I always think about both defending and attacking"
- 14 Apr 11:15 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "Now we can't afford any more slip-ups"
- 11 Apr 23:15 INTER, Guarin: "AC Milan? I signed a new deal to stay at Inter"
- 11 Apr 18:19 AS ROMA, Garcia: "I'd love the season to go on foreve"
- 11 Apr 14:44 JUVENTUS, Isla targets victory against former club in Udine
- 11 Apr 09:31 JUVENTUS,Europa League - Conte: “We deserve our place in the semis”
- 11 Apr 00:00 NAPOLI, Reina: "My future? I haven't decided yet"
- 10 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Wolski: "I want to remain here for a long time"
- 09 Apr 18:44 JUVENTUS, Conte targets “prestigious” spot in Euro semis
- 09 Apr 17:00 AC MILAN, Taarabt: "Seedorf always tells us to respect one another"
- 09 Apr 14:44 JUVENTUS, Caceres out to continue club’s European journey
- 09 Apr 14:30 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "The Scudetto race isn't over yet"
- 09 Apr 00:00 ROMA, Pjanic: "Now I am happy here, but.."
- 08 Apr 17:00 AC MILAN, Bonera: "We'll give everything we have for joining Europe"
- 08 Apr 15:30 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "We haven't been aesthetically flawless, but we showed we are a team"
- 08 Apr 13:30 AC MILAN, Kakà: "Honda was already working well, we are very happy for him"
- 08 Apr 10:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "Honda is improving game by game"
- 08 Apr 09:46 INTER, Hernanes: "This opportunity came at the right moment in my career"
- 08 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Mexes: "I will honor my contract"
- 07 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Keita: "I am not thinking about my contract"
- 06 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Vucinic and Quagliarella away? We'll see"
- 05 Apr 00:00 NAPOLI, Reina: "Honoured by Barcelona interest"
- 04 Apr 19:15 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella: "Growing up I also liked Montella"
- 04 Apr 17:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I want to stay and win something relevant"
- 04 Apr 08:45 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "O.L? A massive win"
- 04 Apr 08:30 JUVENTUS, Conte: "Lads showed the right mentality"
- 04 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are interested in Lacazette"
- 03 Apr 15:00 AC MILAN, Medical report on Essien's injury
- 03 Apr 09:49 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Weidenfeller: "We made things too easy for Madrid"
- 03 Apr 08:52 INTER, Hernanes: "Very few with Mazzarri’s footballing intelligence"
- 03 Apr 00:00 ROMA, Taddei: "I hope to renew, but.."
- 02 Apr 15:58 INTER, Botta: "An honour for me to be able to wear the Nerazzurri shirt"
- 02 Apr 00:00 NAPOLI, Mesto's agent: "Soon the new contract"
- 01 Apr 15:45 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Let’s think exclusively about the league championship"
- 24 Apr 16:44 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "The team has found its identity "
- 24 Apr 16:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Wolfsburg, Ivica Olic pens new deal
- 24 Apr 16:02 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Arrives the young Vermijl
- 24 Apr 15:44 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hoffenheim, Beck extended until 2017
- 24 Apr 15:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04: Duel to AC Milan, United and Tottenham for Paletta
- 24 Apr 15:15 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Attempt for Welbeck ready
- 24 Apr 15:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, A Russian rival towards Calhanoglu
- 24 Apr 14:45 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Timo Horn as a possible heir Weidenfeller
- 24 Apr 14:32 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Set to move for David Luiz after transfer ban lifted
- 24 Apr 14:15 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Jung and Sorg are the new targets
- 24 Apr 13:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger is planning a huge summer spending spree
- 24 Apr 13:47 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Roy Keane to assist Louis van Gaal
- 24 Apr 13:31 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Thinking about players for replacing Tim Krul
- 24 Apr 13:14 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Monaco offering Riviere
- 24 Apr 13:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Keità announces: "I won't move"
- 24 Apr 12:45 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir in Madrid: working on Morata
- 24 Apr 12:33 BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola. "Team showed a lot of strength against Real"
- 24 Apr 12:16 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Cristiano made an effort to play"
- 24 Apr 12:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "The tie is still open. There are 90 hard minutes still to play in Munich"
- 24 Apr 11:45 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "It was a special night. Bayern are a great team"
- 24 Apr 11:30 BAYERN MUNICH, Robben: "I expected a little bit more from Madrid"
- 24 Apr 11:15 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Close in on PSG star Cavani
- 24 Apr 11:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, A Premier League suitor for Cleverley
- 24 Apr 10:45 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Galvez about to be announced
- 24 Apr 10:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Transfer market reopens: working on Vidal
- 24 Apr 10:15 ITALY/ TORINO, Suggestion for Paulinho
- 24 Apr 10:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Luke Shaw set to join
- 24 Apr 09:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Calum Chambers more and more likely to join
- 24 Apr 09:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Udinese keen on Gino Peruzzi
- 24 Apr 09:15 ITALY/ INTER, Dreaming of bringing Destro back
- 24 Apr 09:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Victor Moses announces coming back from Liverpool
- 24 Apr 08:45 AUSTRIA/ RED BULL SALZBURG, Amartey about to join
- 24 Apr 08:30 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA M., Approaching Mustafi
- 24 Apr 08:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Back on Antonelli
- 24 Apr 08:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Greuther Furth sign Cinar
- 24 Apr 07:40 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Two players leave Vaduz
- 24 Apr 07:17 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Papadopoulos injured
- 24 Apr 06:57 OM, Thauvin: "I am happy here"
- 24 Apr 06:39 WOLFSBURG, Olic: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 24 Apr 06:19 ARSENAL, Sanogo: "Coming here was always a dream"
- 24 Apr 06:00 SEVILLA, Mbia: "I'd like to stay here"
- 24 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Marchetti: "My future? We'll see.."
- 23 Apr 23:37 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Also Zenit after Cuadrado
- 23 Apr 23:17 FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Lead for Gourcuff
- 23 Apr 22:59 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Shaqiri unlikely to join
- 23 Apr 22:39 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Still keen on Verratti
- 23 Apr 22:20 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Agazzi might be the key for signing Perin
- 23 Apr 22:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma make steps forward towards Vertonghen
- 23 Apr 21:37 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Willing to sign Darmian back
- 23 Apr 21:17 ITALY/ LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Several clubs after him, but he's happy in Rome"
Set to leave Parma on an about 13 million euros payment and already tracked hard by AC Milan, Manchester United and Tottenham, Italian international centre-back Gabriel Paletta (28), according to gianlucadimarzio.com, has become a primary target also for Schalke 04....
Milan’s coach spoke to the gathered press at the Milanello sports centre this afternoon ahead of Roma-Milan tomorrow evening at 20.45:...
Karim Benzema told UEFA.com that although a big test awaits in Munich next Tuesday, Real Madrid CF's chances of reaching the UEFA Champions...
Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo has declared: "When you think Arsenal, you think Thierry Henry and I grew up watching him and he made me dream....
Josep Guardiola recognised FC Bayern München will need to "crank up a gear or two" in next week's return.
Interviewed by L'Equipe, Monaco forward Dimitar Berbatov has declared: "My future? At the moment everything is fine, I play and score....