INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "We've been in talks for Hamsik"
- 02 Sep 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We were hoping to obtain Witsel on loan"
- 31 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I expect something from the transfer market"
- 30 Aug 10:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra won't join"
- 28 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Nothing true about Ibrahimovic"
- 27 Aug 08:00 INTER, Brozovic: "OL? I am happy here"
- 21 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Amauri's agent: "I don't think he will leave"
- 20 Aug 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Perisic could join"
- 19 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Maksimovic won't join Napoli"
- 14 Aug 08:00 ATALANTA, Cigarini's agent: "No contacts with Fiorentinaú
- 13 Aug 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra? Difficult"
- 12 Aug 00:00 PALERMO, Milanović's agent: "He won't stay"
- 11 Aug 00:00 AS ROMA, Castan: "I will stay"
- 10 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We are about to sign Romagnoli"
- 09 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "No problems with Higuain"
- 08 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "My future? Everything can happen"
- 07 Aug 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I am happy here"
- 06 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Nothing new about Romagnoli"
- 05 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "If we'll receive an offer for Maksimovic..."
- 04 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 03 Aug 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 00:00 INTER, Taider's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 31 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Negredo: "I want to stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon's agent: "No contacts with Chelsea"
- 30 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 29 Jul 00:00 ATALANTA, Sartori: "Denis will stay"
- 28 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Draxler? There's no hurry"
- 27 Jul 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "Real were after me, but I asked to stay"
- 25 Jul 12:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic: "Happy to stay"
- 24 Jul 09:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Colo Colo? I have a contract, we'll see"
- 23 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "We don't want to sell anybody"
- 22 Jul 06:00 AC MILAN, Menez's agent: "He will stay for sure"
- 18 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli? Juve want to keep him"
- 17 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "We're seeking a forward"
- 14 Jul 13:45 JUVENTUS, Tevez's transfer to Boca Juniors sums and details disclosed
- 13 Jul 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are observing Salah's situation"
- 11 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Angelozzi: "We are not after El Kaddouri"
- 10 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Berardi's agent: "He won't join Juve before 2016"
- 09 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Sepe's agent: "He could join Fiorentina"
- 08 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Vrsaljko's agent: "We are waiting for Napoli"
- 06 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Peres' agent: "Ready for a great club"
- 02 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Gargano's agent: "Monterrey is not his only option"
- 01 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "Next week a decision about his future"
- 30 Jun 00:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "Five clubs after him"
- 27 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 26 Jun 00:00 INTER, Shaqiri: "I am not leaving"
- 25 Jun 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "No contacts with Fenerbahše"
- 24 Jun 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro: "Nothing true about Monaco"
- 23 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente; "My future? I have to talk with the club"
- 22 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Sevilla want Rami, we're in talks"
- 21 Jun 09:00 PALERMO, Gonzalez's agent: "At least three big clubs after him"
- 20 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Also Juve are after Kondogbia"
- 19 Jun 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer's agent: "No offer from Roma"
- 18 Jun 09:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli are interested, but.."
- 17 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez's agent: "Boca? We have to see..."
- 16 Jun 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He will probably sign a new deal"
- 15 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Evra: "I don't think the club will let Pogba leave"
- 14 Jun 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "My future? I'm happy here"
- 13 Jun 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "I'd like to stay, but.."
- 12 Jun 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will stay"
- 11 Jun 19:00 SAMPDORIA/ OFFICIAL, Walter Zenga is the new manager
- 11 Jun 00:00 LAZIO, Keita's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 10 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves's agent: "He had better offers, but.."
- 10 Jun 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "His future? We have to wait"
- 09 Jun 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He could end his career here"
- 08 Jun 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori's agent: "He'll join the club with the best project"
- 07 Jun 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "I hope that Pirlo will stay"
- 06 Jun 08:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 05 Jun 16:39 AC MILAN, Berlusconi-Mr.Bee meeting at Arcore
- 05 Jun 00:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Felipe Anderson: "My future is here"
- 04 Jun 00:00 NAPOLI, Zapata's agent: "He could stay"
- 03 Jun 17:20 ARGENTINA/ BANFIELD, Almeyda: "I want to continue here. In the future Lazio"
- 03 Jun 00:00 LAZIO, Ledesma's agent: "Kansas City? We'll see"
- 02 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 01 Jun 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "I want to stay"
- 31 May 08:30 INTER, Mancini: "I hope that all the good players will stay"
- 30 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I hope Ancelotti wil join us"
- 29 May 03:57 HELLAS VERONA, Rafa Marquez: "Ronaldo doesn't deserve to win Ballon d'Or "
- 28 May 16:10 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ancelotti will decide on Wednesday"
- 28 May 16:03 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis about Bigon: "Changing after 6 years is normal"
- 28 May 15:24 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "I'll get Benitez a good contract for Real Madrid!"
- 28 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "I don't think Mandzukic will join us"
- 27 May 18:59 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I hope Ancelotti will accept"
- 27 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "If Inzaghi stays, I leave"
- 26 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We like Mandzukic"
- 25 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Alex: "I want to stay, but..."
- 24 May 06:30 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba unsellable, Vidal will stay"
- 23 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "Staying in Naples is his priority"
- 22 May 06:30 NAPOLI, Benitez's agent: "He would be happy to train Real Madrid"
- 21 May 15:30 AC MILAN, Meeting with Ancelotti in Madrid
- 21 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are not after Cavani"
- 20 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I could remain here forever"
- 19 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? It's not only up to me"
- 18 May 00:00 TORINO, Ventura: "Maxi Lopez will stay"
- 17 May 03:00 INTER, Kovacic: "My future? I am happy here"
- 16 May 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Thohir wants to build a competitive team"
- 15 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? We'll see,,"
- 14 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "My future? I have a contract"
- 04 Sep 07:27 OL, Fekir: "I'm too young to play for United"
- 04 Sep 06:59 SCHALKE, Heldt: "We were not after Blaszczykowski"
- 04 Sep 06:29 MAN. CITY, De Bruyne's agent: "He was about to join Bayern"
- 04 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "De Gea didn't join cause of United"
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 23:27 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Ongenda joins Charleroi
- 03 Sep 22:57 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Carrillo about to renew
- 03 Sep 22:29 PARAGUAY/ CERRO PORTENO, Also Atletico MG after Diaz
- 03 Sep 21:59 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, New contract for Rafinha ready
- 03 Sep 21:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Hernandez joins Rayo
- 03 Sep 21:00 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Dnipro sign Tomečak
- 03 Sep 20:37 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Gro▀kreutz's signing postponed
- 03 Sep 20:17 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Pico joins Dnipro
- 03 Sep 19:59 WERDER BREMEN & O.M., Suggestion for Claudio Pizarro
- 03 Sep 19:39 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "He won't be made available on winter transfer market"
- 03 Sep 19:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Schelotto resigns from Inter
- 03 Sep 19:00 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Renewal offer ready for Soriano
- 03 Sep 18:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ajose joins Swindon Town
- 03 Sep 18:17 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Empoli eye Chanturia
- 03 Sep 17:59 ARSENAL, Walcott: "I want to play as a striker"
- 03 Sep 17:39 ROMANIA/ VIITORUL: Hagi jr. might join back Fiorentina in January, as star father reveals
- 03 Sep 17:20 ITALY/ LAZIO, Marchetti about to renew
- 03 Sep 17:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica sign Loria
- 03 Sep 16:37 SCHALKE 04, Breitenreiter: "Draxler's trade to Wolfsburg? We've lost our best player"
- 03 Sep 16:17 ARGENTINA/ RIVER PLATE, Ricky Alvarez possibly joining
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 15:39 ITALY/ NAPOLI, De Laurentiis reveals having refused majestic Juventus offer for Hamsik
- 03 Sep 15:17 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Esbjerg sign Pßlsson
- 03 Sep 14:54 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Royal Mouscron sign 7 players
- 03 Sep 14:33 CZECH REPUBLIC/ OFFICIAL, Micola resigns from Slavia Prague
- 03 Sep 14:10 CZECH REPUBLIC/ OFFICIAL, Roman HubnÝk joins Sigma Olomuc back
- 03 Sep 13:39 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Schalke 04 yield Multhaup to Ingolstadt
- 03 Sep 13:16 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Obi Mikel transfer stopped by Mourinho
- 03 Sep 13:05 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Redknapp: "Reds have their worst team in years"
- 03 Sep 12:45 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D, Reus ruled out of Germany qualifiers
- 03 Sep 12:31 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Walcott states case to play up front for Gunners
- 03 Sep 12:14 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Bale to United is now off
- 03 Sep 11:59 SPAIN/ BARCELONA. Vermaelen problems are over
- 03 Sep 11:47 ITALY/ ROMA, Cole's future is in doubt
- 03 Sep 11:33 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Marotta: more then 100 mlns Pogba request
- 03 Sep 11:14 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Andujar close to Estudiantes
- 03 Sep 10:59 ITALY/ JUVE, Hernanes: "I didn't think to leave Inter"
- 03 Sep 10:44 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho Called Pogba
- 03 Sep 10:23 ITALY/LAZIO, Medical for Matri
- 03 Sep 10:23 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Wanyama rejects a 5-year deal
- 03 Sep 09:57 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Fee won't be a problem to Martial
- 03 Sep 09:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool sign Allan
- 03 Sep 08:30 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Ipek joins Bursaspor
- 03 Sep 07:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Maksimovic injured
- 03 Sep 06:59 LEVERKUSEN, Hernandez: "It was easy to choose this club"
Interviewed by Radio Kiss Kiss, Davide Torchia, agent of Italian Under-21 international centre-back Daniele Rugani (21), signed by Juventus last winter from Empoli, on a deal lasting until June 2020, talked about Bianconeri management and owning party relying a lot on 1994-b
Interviewed by Radio Marte, Antonio Ottaiano, agent of Napoli forward Lorenzo Insigne; "Lorenze has the will to spend his whole career at Napoli.
Atletico Madrid left back Guilherme Siqueira has told El Mundo Deportivo: "I want to say that Atletico have never put pression on me, in any sens
Patrick de Koster, agent of Manchester City new midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, has declared: "It was impressive, as in a movie. We flew from there b
OM new wingback Paolo De Ceglie has declared: "I am very happy, it has been something sudden, but I am very happy to be here. OM is a great team
Disappointed by his own club's top brass having decided to yield almost 22 years old German international offensive midfielder and winger Julian D