EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Other News
- 09 Dec 14:32 FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013, Nominees for the awards revealed
- 06 Dec 07:17 SWEDEN/ OFFICIAL, Hamren will train the NT until 2016
- 05 Dec 07:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Silvestre injured
- 04 Dec 07:17 FRANCE/ OM, Valbuena injured
- 02 Dec 07:17 ITALY/ PARMA, Cassano injured
- 01 Dec 10:57 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Nastasic injured
- 30 Nov 07:57 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Aogo injured
- 29 Nov 07:40 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Galliani about to leave
- 29 Nov 07:17 GREECE/ OLYMPIAKOS, Mitroglou injured
- 28 Nov 07:17 EGYPT/ OFFICIAL, Shawky is the new NT coach
- 27 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Robinho injured
- 26 Nov 07:17 FRANCE/ OM, Ayew has undergone surgery
- 25 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik injured
- 24 Nov 11:27 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery out for a long time
- 23 Nov 07:57 SWITZERLAND/ ZURICH, Nef injured
- 22 Nov 07:17 FRANCE/ OM, Ayew will undergo surgery
- 21 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Hummels out for two months
- 20 Nov 14:34 CELTIC, Fridjonsson: "I can improve here every day "
- 20 Nov 07:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Hummels and Schmelzer injured
- 19 Nov 09:56 ITALY, Prandelli felt Italy deserved more than draw against Nigeria
- 19 Nov 07:17 CZECH. REP./ OFFICIAL, Vrba will be the NT coach
- 18 Nov 07:20 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Khedira underwent surgery
- 17 Nov 10:27 ITALY/ INTER, Samuel injured
- 16 Nov 07:57 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger back in January
- 15 Nov 18:47 IRELAND, Di Canio hits back at O'Neill
- 15 Nov 15:15 CAMEROON, Eto'o claims conspiracy: "I heard of plot not to pass to me"
- 15 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger underwent surgery
- 14 Nov 07:40 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Graf is Young Boys new Technical Director
- 14 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Subotic underwent surgery
- 13 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Gomez ready to come back
- 12 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ FREIBURG, Schuster injured
- 11 Nov 18:15 FIFA PUSKAS AWARD, ten best goals of the year announced
- 11 Nov 09:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Season over for Subotic
- 10 Nov 11:30 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Subotic injured
- 09 Nov 07:57 FRANCE/ PSG, Verratti injured
- 08 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Destro has recovered
- 07 Nov 20:00 ENGLAND, Hodgson confident on security
- 07 Nov 07:00 IRELAND/ OFFICIAL, O' Neill is the NT new manager
- 05 Nov 17:15 IRELAND, O'Neill agrees new deal with Northern Ireland
- 05 Nov 07:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Mesto out for four months
- 02 Nov 08:57 BULGARIA/ OFFICIAL, Penev will be the NT coach until 2016
- 01 Nov 07:57 PERU/ OFFICIAL, Markarian is no longer the NT coach
- 30 Oct 07:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernandez injured
- 29 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Djourou injured
- 28 Oct 06:45 BELGIUM/ ANDERLECHT, Season over for Suarez
- 27 Oct 10:57 POLAND/ OFFICIAL, Nawalks is the new NT coach
- 27 Oct 08:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Flamini injured
- 26 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ VERONA, Cirigliano injured
- 25 Oct 07:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Pizarro injured
- 24 Oct 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Dos Santos will undergo surgery
- 09 Dec 18:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Attempt for Luiz Gustavo ready
- 09 Dec 17:45 ARSENAL, Gnabry disputed by Germany and Ivory Coast
- 09 Dec 17:30 ENGLAND/ WBA, Duel to West Ham and Valencia for Demba Ba
- 09 Dec 17:15 NAPOLI v ARSENAL, Special Preview - Higuain: "We need to make Arsenal feel the fear"
- 09 Dec 17:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Diego denies agreement with Santos
- 09 Dec 16:45 JUVENTUS, Conte names 25-man squad for Istanbul
- 09 Dec 16:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Disappointed about us, but Everton are really good"
- 09 Dec 16:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Keeping hopes on Micah Richards high
- 09 Dec 16:00 NAPOLI v ARSENAL, Special Preview - Dzemaili: "Arsenal are in the best shape worldwide"
- 09 Dec 15:45 ITALY/ CHIEVO VERONA, 3 Serie A suitors on Sardo
- 09 Dec 15:30 RUSSIA/ LOKOMOTIV, Two Bundesliga suitors on Boussoufa
- 09 Dec 15:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, José Maria Del Nido quits as chairman after 7 years sentence
- 09 Dec 15:00 ARSENAL, Arteta: "Everton have been the best side we faced in Premier League this year"
- 09 Dec 14:45 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Back for Jovetic
- 09 Dec 14:32 FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013, Nominees for the awards revealed
- 09 Dec 14:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Submarino Amarillo icon Cani extends on long term
- 09 Dec 14:15 ARSENAL & LIVERPOOL, Survey on Calhanoglu
- 09 Dec 14:00 ITALY/ INTER, One more suitor for Belfodil
- 09 Dec 12:45 ENGLAND/ QPR, Benayoun will sign this week
- 09 Dec 12:30 ITALY/ INTER, Kovacic: "A wasted opportunity... pity"
- 09 Dec 12:15 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Allardyce in doubts
- 09 Dec 12:05 BRAZIL/ BOTAFOGO, Seedorf keeps breaking every record!
- 09 Dec 12:00 ITALY/ INTER, Handanovic: "I hold my hands up and apologise to everyone"
- 09 Dec 11:41 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho laments imperfections
- 09 Dec 11:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Barker Appointed Pompey Boss
- 09 Dec 11:15 INTER, Mazzarri: "More attention to detail. Now we think about our next game"
- 09 Dec 10:31 ITALY/ INTER, Zanetti. "My tendon is responding better"
- 09 Dec 10:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Muntari: "I'm ready for Ajax"
- 09 Dec 10:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger on consistency, Ozil and regrets
- 09 Dec 09:45 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "That was our toughest test"
- 09 Dec 09:30 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Observing Finnbogason
- 09 Dec 09:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Eyes on Van Persie
- 09 Dec 09:02 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "The squad needs more of my attention"
- 09 Dec 08:51 FRANCE/ RENNES, Also United interested in Bakayoko
- 09 Dec 01:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, The Special One wants Mascherano
- 09 Dec 00:30 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Arsenal surveying Rafinha
- 08 Dec 23:30 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, One more suitor for Otamendi
- 08 Dec 22:30 FRANCE/ PSG, In touch with Sergio Ramos' entourage
- 08 Dec 21:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Back for Ghoulam
- 08 Dec 20:30 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone wants Cristante
- 08 Dec 19:30 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Eyes on Sciaudone
- 08 Dec 18:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Expect the unexpected: Van Persie wants to leave
- 08 Dec 17:30 ITALY/ INTER, Attempt for David Luiz
- 08 Dec 16:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Suggestion for Rafael
- 08 Dec 15:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Fabio Coentrao on target
- 08 Dec 14:30 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "We want Suarez to stay with us, we'll talk about the renewal"
- 08 Dec 13:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Accelerating towards Mangala
- 08 Dec 11:30 ENGLAND/ QPR, Redknapp confirms Benayoun on arrival
- 08 Dec 09:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Cvitanich might join in January
- 08 Dec 07:30 LAZIO, Klose: "MLS and Lerverkusen attract me"
Playing for German youth national teams for the time being, 1995-born Arsenal young star winger Serge Gnabry is now disputed by Germany football federation and Ivory Coast one, both willing to have him available for each own major NT. Gnabry, according to Daily Mirror,...
Asked by Sky Sport Italia about forthcoming Napoli-Arsenal Premier League clash, Azzurri star striker Gonzalo Higuain stated: "We have to...
Interviewed by Esport3, Espanyol president Joan Collet has declared about 27 year old goalkeeeper Kiko Casilla: "We want him to remain with...
Playing for German youth national teams for the time being, 1995-born Arsenal young star winger Serge Gnabry is now disputed by Germany football...
Interviewed by TMW, Oscar Daniani Junior, agent of Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, has declared: "Napoli have been...
Interviewed by Milliyet, Fenerbahçe winger Milos Krasic, actually on loan at Bastia, has declared: "It's not easy to play in...