EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Other news Other News
- 01 Nov 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Iborra injured
- 31 Oct 08:30 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Parejo injured
- 30 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Zuniga may need surgery
- 28 Oct 12:09 Men’s shortlists for FIFA Ballon d’Or 2014 revealed
- 28 Oct 08:30 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernandez injured
- 27 Oct 10:57 Orlando Pirates announce South African NT goalie Senzo Meyiwa's decease in gunfire
- 24 Oct 20:00 ENGLAND, Ferdinand: "I'm not fearful of retirement"
- 24 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ INTER, M'Vila injured
- 23 Oct 07:17 FRANCE/ PSG, Ibra may need surgery
- 22 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Rogg is Fiorentina new General Manager
- 21 Oct 07:57 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Starke injured
- 20 Oct 07:17 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Viviano injured
- 19 Oct 08:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wilshere injured
- 17 Oct 07:17 BRAZIL/ SAO PAULO, Pato injured
- 16 Oct 22:20 ROMANIA/ OFFICIAL, Piturca is no longer the NT coach
- 16 Oct 07:17 ITALY/ INTER, D'Ambrosio injured
- 15 Oct 07:17 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC, Muniain injured
- 14 Oct 12:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Louis Saha: "I'm a fan of Marchetti"
- 14 Oct 11:57 BARCELONA, Iniesta has won the Golden Foot 2014
- 14 Oct 07:17 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Negredo recovering
- 13 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ INTER, New medical tests for Osvaldo
- 11 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Season over for Estigarribia
- 10 Oct 07:17 ITALY/ PARMA, Bidaoui underwent surgery
- 09 Oct 18:15 FRANCE, Injury scare forces Koscielny out of France squad
- 09 Oct 17:59 UEFA, Infantino refuses to rule out 39th game approval
- 09 Oct 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ozil injured
- 08 Oct 16:31 Kaka: "I’m better now than I was in 2010"
- 08 Oct 07:17 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Maxwell quits the NT
- 07 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Reina injured
- 06 Oct 07:57 SPAIN/ EIBAR, Abraham injured
- 04 Oct 07:57 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Kuyt quits the NT
- 03 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Richards injured
- 02 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Sammer to renew
- 01 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, van der Vaart is back
- 30 Sep 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ramsey injured
- 27 Sep 07:57 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Chen injured
- 26 Sep 07:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Jese about to come back
- 25 Sep 07:17 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT, Trapp injured
- 24 Sep 07:17 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Santos is the NT coach
- 23 Sep 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Debuchy out for three months
- 20 Sep 07:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Asian owners for Reading
- 18 Sep 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Mandzukic undergoes surgery
- 17 Sep 07:17 ITALY/ LAZIO, Radu injured
- 16 Sep 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Debuchy out for two months
- 12 Sep 07:17 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Bento is no longer the NT coach
- 11 Sep 11:32 FRANCE, Ribery: " I will not make NT comeback"
- 11 Sep 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Blaszczykowski injured
- 09 Sep 18:00 GERMANY/ BAYER, Brandt injured
- 09 Sep 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Reus out for one month
- 08 Sep 08:30 FRANCE/ PSG, David Luiz injured
- 05 Sep 21:30 FIFA, receives World Cup corruption report
- 05 Sep 21:00 ENGLAND, Beckham believes making Wayne Rooney captain is the right decision
- 29 Aug 07:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pirlo out for one month
- 28 Aug 16:44 ENGLAND,Rooney named England captain
- 28 Aug 07:17 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Ghoulam injured
- 27 Aug 07:17 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Beto out for four weeks
- 26 Aug 07:17 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Amorim injured
- 25 Aug 14:09 RACING, Milito:" I’m chasing a dream"
- 25 Aug 07:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Coentrao injured
- 24 Aug 12:00 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Beto injured
- 23 Aug 07:57 FRANCE/ OL, Grenier will undergo surgery
- 22 Aug 07:17 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Gameiro out for six weeks
- 21 Aug 09:15 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Uvini injured
- 20 Aug 07:17 COLOMBIA/ OFFICIAL, Pekerman will train the NT until 2018
- 19 Aug 16:45 ITALY, Conte believes Azzurri will rise again
- 19 Aug 07:17 KOREA/ OFFICIAL, Shin Tae-yong is the NT new coach
- 17 Aug 11:27 FRANCE/ PSG, Ibrahimovic injured
- 15 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Conte is the new NT coach
- 14 Aug 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Martinez injured
- 13 Aug 07:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Martino is the new NT coach
- 12 Aug 07:17 FRANCE/ PSG, Thiago Silva injured
- 11 Aug 07:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery injured
- 09 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ EMPOLI, Maccarone injured
- 08 Aug 18:14 ARGENTINA, Agreement with Gerardo Martino as new coach
- 08 Aug 07:17 USA/ OFFICIAL, Donovan retires
- 05 Aug 07:17 ALGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Gourcuff is the new NT coach
- 04 Aug 18:44 GREECE, Fernando Santos has been handed an eight match international ban
- 04 Aug 07:57 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Jung injured
- 03 Aug 11:30 FRANCE/ MONACO, Falcao back on the pitch
- 02 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sartori is Atalanta new Technical Director
- 01 Aug 17:47 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Ural: arrive Ivan Chudin and Yaroshenko
- 01 Aug 07:17 SWEDEN/ OFFICIAL, Mellberg retires
- 31 Jul 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Kehl no longer the team's captain
- 30 Jul 17:45 OFFICIAL/ HONDURAS,Medford the new NT coach
- 30 Jul 07:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Sabella is no longer the NT coach
- 29 Jul 07:17 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Advocaat is the new NT coach
- 28 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Roncaglia injured
- 27 Jul 08:27 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Reus recovering
- 26 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Ranieri is the new NT coach
- 25 Jul 09:17 COSTA RICA/ OFFICIAL, Pinto is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jul 09:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera will keep on training the NT
- 23 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger needs to rest
- 22 Jul 09:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Morata injured
- 21 Jul 16:31 BRAZIL, Neymar: "I think Brazilian football is behind"
- 21 Jul 09:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Subotic has recovered
- 20 Jul 10:27 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL Can injured
- 19 Jul 09:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Lahm quits the NT
- 18 Jul 09:17 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Carrick injured
- 16 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Peters is Hamburg new Sports Director
- 14 Jul 09:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Lucas injured
- 01 Nov 09:00 ITALY/ ROMA, Two names for the left flank
- 01 Nov 08:30 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Also Real Madrid after Guedes
- 01 Nov 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Iborra injured
- 01 Nov 07:27 PSG, Al-Khelaifi: "Rabiot's renewal very important for us"
- 01 Nov 06:59 SCHALKE, Heldt: "Optimistic about Huntelaar's new contract"
- 01 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Alcacer: "No hurry about my renewal"
- 01 Nov 00:00 PARMA, Leonardi: "In January we'll be attentive on the market"
- 31 Oct 23:27 ITALY/ INTER, Also Arias on the wishlist
- 31 Oct 21:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Rabiot renews with PSG
- 31 Oct 19:57 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Cheyrou quits OM
- 31 Oct 18:00 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Back for Zaccardo
- 31 Oct 17:37 BRAZIL/ CRUZEIRO, Also Real Madrid after Lucas Silva
- 31 Oct 17:17 FRANCE/ PSG, Still keen on Lichtsteiner
- 31 Oct 16:59 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini: "David Silva has a problem in his ligament"
- 31 Oct 16:44 GERMANY/ B. DORTMUND, Reus: "Too much rumors about my future"
- 31 Oct 16:30 ARSENAL v BURNLEY, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere won't probably be available"
- 31 Oct 16:25 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Costa? I cannot stop him from going"
- 31 Oct 16:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Renewal meeting with Babacar soon
- 31 Oct 16:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, 3 Premier League top suitors offers ready for Piqué: the sums
- 31 Oct 15:45 ITALY/ INTER, Move for Konoplyanka ready
- 31 Oct 15:30 GERMANY/ HERTHA BERLIN, Keen on Karius
- 31 Oct 15:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Survey on German giants-wooed talent Cedric Soares
- 31 Oct 15:00 GENOA & AC MILAN, Possible Matri-Niang swap
- 31 Oct 14:45 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Eto'o renewal in the viewfinder
- 31 Oct 14:30 TURKEY/ FENERBAHCE, Bruno Alves might leave in January
- 31 Oct 14:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Palermo-Morganella renewal meeting soon
- 31 Oct 14:00 PORTUGAL/ PORTO: Arsenal and AC Milan challenged on the chance to sign Illarramendi
- 31 Oct 13:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Zuniga might leave in January
- 31 Oct 13:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Possible Sassuolo winter loan for Pochettino
- 31 Oct 13:15 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH: Looking for a lead on Reus over Arsenal, United, PSG, Barça and Real
- 31 Oct 13:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Adriano in France for negotiating with Le Havre
- 31 Oct 12:45 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Survey on Avdijai
- 31 Oct 12:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, New duel to United for Hummels
- 31 Oct 12:15 SCOTLAND/ CELTIC, Duel to Marseille for Lassana Diarra: negotiations started
- 31 Oct 12:00 MLS - USA/ OFFICIAL, NY Cosmos sign Raúl
- 31 Oct 11:45 ITALY/ INTER, Grosskreutz on target
- 31 Oct 11:30 ARSENAL, Chambers: "I feel confident here. Champions League debut gave me goosebumps"
- 31 Oct 11:14 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Assou-Ekotto observed by 2 clubs
- 31 Oct 11:00 FRANCE/ O.M., Cheyrou: "I'm no more a player of Marseille"
- 31 Oct 10:42 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Gerrard: "I would leave Anfield"
- 31 Oct 10:29 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Hold contract extension talks with Huntelaar
- 31 Oct 09:59 ITALY/ LAZIO, New attempt for Mehmedi next summer
- 31 Oct 09:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Eyes on Hector Herrera
- 31 Oct 09:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Idea Babacar
- 31 Oct 08:30 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Parejo injured
- 31 Oct 07:57 PSG, Cavani: "I am happy here"
- 31 Oct 07:27 EINTRACHT, Hubner: "Zambrano going nowhere"
- 31 Oct 06:59 EVERTON, Martinez: "We won't sign a defender"
- 31 Oct 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I can still give a lot to this club"
- 31 Oct 06:00 AC MILAN, Torres: "Leaving Chelsea was my choice"
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini says David Silva is out for three weeks with a knee ligament injury picked up against Newcastle in the League Cup.
The Spain international underwent a scan on Thursday after limping off after just nine minutes of the 2-0 defeat to Alan
Interviewed by Teleducato, Parma CEO Pietro Leonardi has declared: "At the moment I woul be happy to recover Paletta, Biabiany and Cassani. Of co
Interviewed by Diesefoot.fr, Sevilla FC midfielder Stéphane Mbia has declared: "Coming back here has always been my priority. Together wit
Talking about team news regarding injured and suspended players, the day before Premier League home match against Burnley, Arsenal manager Arsè
Commenting upon the 2 goals scored against Bordeaux, Paris Saint-Germain offensive midfielder and winger Lucas Moura stated: "I'm very happy
Commenting upon the 3-0 inflicted to St. Pauli, Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp stated: "We had a very good first half, we deserved to get