EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Other news Other News
- 12 Feb 23:00 COLOMBIA / Rodallega waiting the Pekerman's call
- 12 Feb 10:40 Fabio Cannavaro sacked from Saudi Arabia club Al Nassr
- 10 Feb 14:19 Sporting Lisbon and Schelotto close to part company
- 10 Feb 12:05 Rhodes sends Boro top
- 10 Feb 11:21 West Ham overcome Liverpool in extra-time
- 09 Feb 11:40 INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL / Qatar will spend 30,000 million dollars in the facilities of the FIFA World Cup 2022
- 09 Feb 11:16 DERBY COUNTY - Clement shockingly sacked: Pearson can substitute him
- 06 Feb 20:46 SCOTLAND - Wonderful Aberdeen join Celtic on top of the table
- 06 Feb 15:51 Ashley Cole: "I didn't come here to sit on the beach"
- 06 Feb 00:19 OFFICIAL - Boca Juniors, Insaurralde is back. Marín at Camoranesi's Tigre
- 05 Feb 23:55 GALATASARAY - Burak Yilmaz going to China, Zaccheroni is waiting for him
- 05 Feb 17:25 Mourinho next to be targeted by Chinese Super League
- 04 Feb 12:32 Ramires scores on debut in China
- 04 Feb 10:48 MLS - convicted rapist Ched Evans looking to America
- 02 Feb 11:45 EXCLUSIVE / INTERNARIONAL FOOTBALL: Germany skip rules
- 02 Feb 10:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW/ ARGENTINA NATIONAL TEAM: Messi will not go to the Olympics, but will play the Copa America Centennial
- 01 Feb 22:14 Kuban and Arshavin part way on mutual consent
- 01 Feb 21:47 OFFICIAL - Dynamo Kiev, Korzun sign
- 30 Jan 19:39 OFFICIAL - Trabzonspor sign Akapko
- 30 Jan 13:26 Nani next to move to China?
- 11 Dec 12:00 HONDURAS, NT captain Arnold Peralta killed by a gunshot
- 17 Nov 14:00 PSV, Cocu: "I was in Paris, it was horrible"
- 14 Nov 21:00 Lassana Diarra announces having lost a close cousin in Paris attacks
- 14 Nov 01:16 Red Alert situation at Stade de France: terrorist attack during France v Germany friendly match
- 12 Nov 14:29 Football world mourn Marton Fulop
- 02 Nov 23:30 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, Possible lineup: Benfica seek Galatasaray satisfaction
- 26 Oct 22:01 UEFA, Executive Committee has today unanimously agreed to support Gianni Infantino
- 23 Oct 15:57 Support messages for Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff, diagnosed with lung cancer
- 22 Oct 09:43 UEFA, No goals in Paris, joy for City, Galatasaray, Malmö
- 09 Oct 07:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Vietto out for four weeks
- 08 Oct 07:57 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Maicon injured
- 05 Oct 08:30 ITALY/ ROMA, Rudiger injured
- 02 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Mauricio injured
- 01 Oct 07:57 ENGLAND/ BOURNEMOUTH, Wilson injured
- 30 Sep 08:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Iniesta injured
- 29 Sep 15:37 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - ZENIT, Villas-Boas: "Our individuals can be not enough against Gent, we'll have to stay focused"
- 29 Sep 08:30 ITALY/ TORINO, Baselli injured
- 28 Sep 07:57 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Rodriguez injured
- 23 Sep 09:17 ITALY/ VERONA, Toni out for two months
- 22 Sep 08:57 CROATIA/ OFFICIAL, Cacic is the new NT coach
- 21 Sep 07:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Koke injured
- 18 Sep 00:00 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - PORTO (Group G), Aboubakar: "My best game? It's yet to come"
- 17 Sep 09:40 ITALY/ ROMA, Szczesny injured
- 17 Sep 01:05 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - DYNAMO KYIV (Group G), Buyalskyi: "Mister Rebrov is satisfied, we'll work together on our mistakes"
- 16 Sep 09:40 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Shaw seriously injured
- 15 Sep 09:40 ARGENTINA/ BOCA, Gago seriously injured
- 11 Sep 08:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Danilo injured
- 10 Sep 09:40 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Rami injured
- 09 Sep 07:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Pjanic injured
- 08 Sep 12:14 SPAIN, Casillas feels for Valdes
- 04 Sep 07:57 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Surgery for Welbeck
- 03 Sep 07:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Maksimovic injured
- 02 Sep 09:15 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Carriço injured
- 31 Aug 07:57 BOLIVIA/ OFFICIAL, Baldivieso is the new NT coach
- 30 Aug 12:30 FRANCE/ OL, Tolisso injured
- 28 Aug 10:40 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Oikonomou injured
- 27 Aug 09:40 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Khedira recovering
- 21 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Klose injured
- 20 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Cigarini injured
- 19 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Marchisio injured
- 14 Aug 10:30 ITALY/ CHIEVO, Izco injured
- 13 Aug 09:40 FINLAND/ OFFICIAL, Backe is the new NT coach
- 12 Aug 07:57 FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Sertic injured
- 11 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Niang underwent surgery
- 10 Aug 07:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Tsanas is the new NT coach
- 09 Aug 07:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Planes is Elche new Sporting Director
- 08 Aug 07:57 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Slutsky is the NT coach
- 07 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Niang injured
- 06 Aug 07:57 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Scifo is the U21 NT new coach
- 05 Aug 07:57 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Benzema injured
- 04 Aug 07:57 FRANCE/ PSG, Ibrahimovic injured
- 03 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Khedira injured
- 01 Aug 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Immobile injured
- 31 Jul 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Douglas injured
- 30 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Chiellini injured
- 29 Jul 07:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera is no longer the NT coach
- 28 Jul 07:17 FRANCE/ OL, Grenier injured
- 27 Jul 07:57 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Perisic injured
- 25 Jul 14:30 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Gardos injured
- 24 Jul 11:27 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Manolas injured
- 23 Jul 07:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Monchi renews with Sevilla
- 22 Jul 08:30 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Markarian is no longer the NT coach
- 18 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Bovo injured
- 17 Jul 14:58 UEFA Europa League third qualifying round draw
- 17 Jul 14:56 Champions League third qualifying round draw
- 17 Jul 08:30 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Bakic injured
- 13 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Petrachi to renew
- 10 Jul 07:57 NIGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Oliseh is the new NT coach
- 09 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bollini is Atalanta new assistant coach
- 08 Jul 07:57 GIBRALTAR/ OFFICIAL, Wood is the new NT coach
- 07 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Rossi recovered
- 06 Jul 07:57 CHILE/ NT, Two die during Copa's celebrations
- 02 Jul 07:17 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Blind is the new NT coach
- 01 Jul 07:00 FRANCE/ BASTIA, The club risks relegation for financial problems
- 30 Jun 07:17 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hiddink is no longer the NT coach
- 26 Jun 07:57 USA/ SEATTLE, Long suspension for Dempsey
- 25 Jun 07:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Minambres renews with Rayo
- 24 Jun 07:57 SWITZERLAND/ LUGANO, Imborgia the new investor?
- 23 Jun 07:57 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Andujar injured
- 22 Jun 07:57 SPAIN/ REAL, Benitez on diet
- 14 Feb 00:00 BULGARIA/ OFFICIAL, Terziev renews for Ludogorets
- 13 Feb 20:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Young goalie Unai Simón on target
- 13 Feb 16:00 PREMIER LEAGE / Chelsea: Falcao will be ready in 10 days
- 13 Feb 16:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Majestic offer for Matuidi ready
- 13 Feb 15:42 PREMIER LEAGUE / Rebellion in the stands
- 13 Feb 14:15 OFFICIAL / EXCLUSIVE TMW / Premier League: Özil rejects the offer to renew from Arsenal
- 13 Feb 13:21 Schneiderlin replaces Fellaini
- 13 Feb 13:00 Michael Owen believes Leicester could be relegated next year
- 13 Feb 12:40 Mark Hughes had faith in Jack Butland
- 13 Feb 12:30 Redknapp: "Tottenham could be Londons biggest club"
- 13 Feb 12:15 Ray Wilkins: "Van Gaal needs to get top four place"
- 13 Feb 12:00 Kompany struggling with injuries
- 13 Feb 12:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Almost done for Croatian duo Vargic-Ivic
- 13 Feb 11:48 Luis Suarez would only go to Liverpool
- 13 Feb 08:00 CHINA/ SHANGHAI SIPG, Eriksson: "Stars like CR7, Messi and Rooney can join China soon"
- 13 Feb 03:22 CZECH REPUBLIC/ BANIK OSTRAVA, Test period for Karol Karlík
- 13 Feb 03:15 MLS - USA/ OFFICIAL, Koffie joins New England Revolution
- 13 Feb 03:08 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Oviedo renews for Everton
- 13 Feb 03:01 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Ibisevic to play for Hertha next season as well
- 12 Feb 23:00 COLOMBIA / Rodallega waiting the Pekerman's call
- 12 Feb 22:30 EXCLUSIVE TRANFER MARKET / The eight bombs of Football Leaks
- 12 Feb 21:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Newcastle loan Ameobi to Fleetwood
- 12 Feb 21:17 ESTONIA/ OFFICIAL, Nomme Kalju sign Sidorenkov
- 12 Feb 20:59 BRAZIL/ PALMEIRAS, Veteran icon Zé Roberto announces quitting in June
- 12 Feb 20:39 GERMANY/ MAINZ 05, Yunus Malli: "Moving to Dortmund in summer? It's possible"
- 12 Feb 20:30 EXCLUSIVE TRANFER MARKET / LIGUE 1 / PSG opens the door to Marquinhos
- 12 Feb 20:20 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, St. Gallen sign Leitgeb
- 12 Feb 20:00 NORWAY/ OFFICIAL, Veteran striker Gudjohnsen joins Molde FK
- 12 Feb 19:42 PREMIER LEAGUE / Chelsea: Costa breaks his nose in training
- 12 Feb 15:55 Fabian Delph could miss Euro's with injury
- 12 Feb 15:45 Rolando Aarons wants a Newcastle win against Chelsea
- 12 Feb 15:30 Gary Neville remaining calm
- 12 Feb 15:15 AC Milan interested in Fellaini
- 12 Feb 15:02 Messi wins player of the month for first time
- 12 Feb 15:00 Allardyce fears Wayne Rooney
- 12 Feb 14:50 Manchester United youngster to get chance at Sunderland
- 12 Feb 14:40 Lukaku wants more goals
- 12 Feb 14:24 Sturridge could start for Liverpool on Sunday
- 12 Feb 14:19 Mark Hughes wants more from Stoke City
- 12 Feb 14:12 NAPOLI - Higuain rejected Chelsea offer
- 12 Feb 14:11 Carrick: "Anthony Martial needs time"
- 12 Feb 13:48 Everton set to hand new deals to Oviedo and Besic
- 12 Feb 13:40 Alex Sandro: "I advice Hulk to come to Juventus"
- 12 Feb 13:35 Fletcher marks full debut with goal
- 12 Feb 13:31 ARSENAL - Meeting for Sanchez's renewal in the upcoming days
- 12 Feb 13:22 Arsenal to target teenager Reece Oxford?
- 12 Feb 13:08 Bilic believes Noble deserves England nod
- 12 Feb 12:58 McClaren: Newcastle must pick up points away from St James
- 12 Feb 12:47 Arsenal to receive injury boost
- 12 Feb 12:35 Pulis: 'Charge away fans Ł10'
Colombian striker Falcao Garcia of Chelsea, sidelined due to the rise of a hamstring injury, will be ready to play in ten days, said today the player's father, Radamel Garcia. "I think that in ten days will be playing again, "said Garcia, who also told Radio RCN tha
Italian club AC Milan have shown interest in Manchester United Midfielder Marouane Fellaini.
Milan have reportedly been in contact with the 28-year
Barcelona forward Luis Suarez has said that if he wouldn't dismiss a return to the Premier League, but he would only ever go to Liverpool.
Colombian striker Falcao Garcia of Chelsea, sidelined due to the rise of a hamstring injury, will be ready to play in ten days, said today the player&
The coach of Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), Laurent Blanc said Friday that at the end of the season will decide on the future of Brazilian defender Marqui
The Guardian reports that struggling Bundesliga side Hoffenheim has appointed 28-year-old Julian Nagelsmann as their new head coach. Nagelsmann replac