EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Other news Other News
- 26 Jul 14:59 MLS - CANADA/ OFFICIAL, Toronto FC don't hire Julio Cesar back from QPR
- 26 Jul 14:30 RUSSIA/ RUBIN KAZAN, Wakaso offered to Genoa
- 26 Jul 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Reina snubs Napoli: "I'd like to join Liga back, though hard now"
- 26 Jul 13:27 ITALY/ LAZIO, Still keen on De Vrij
- 26 Jul 13:12 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal sign Curbelo and Fredes
- 26 Jul 12:57 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Sprint for Zuculini
- 26 Jul 12:43 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Newcastle keen on Facundo Ferreyra
- 26 Jul 12:29 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Veloso
- 26 Jul 12:12 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Arsenal blazed out: Chambers' purchase finalized
- 26 Jul 11:59 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Also Valencia after Rojo
- 26 Jul 11:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, New offer for Ferreira Carrasco
- 26 Jul 11:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Griezmann likely to join
- 26 Jul 10:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Rigoni joins Palermo
- 26 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Ranieri is the new NT coach
- 26 Jul 09:27 LILLE, Girard: "Origi will stay"
- 26 Jul 08:59 WOLFSBURG, Arnold: "I am happy here"
- 26 Jul 08:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We didn't sign Shaw because..."
- 26 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "It will be difficult to replace Mathieu"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 26 Jul 01:27 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Offer for Bacca
- 26 Jul 00:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland sign Van Aanholt
- 26 Jul 00:29 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Agreement for Romulo
- 25 Jul 23:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Crystal Palace sign Campbell
- 25 Jul 23:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica sign Bebé
- 25 Jul 23:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Vives renews with Torino
- 25 Jul 22:37 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Idea Valdes
- 25 Jul 22:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Reed renews with Southampton
- 25 Jul 21:59 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Bakayoko joins Monaco
- 25 Jul 21:39 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover sign Kiyotake
- 25 Jul 21:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Basanta joins Fiorentina
- 25 Jul 21:00 GERMANY/ WOLSFBURG, Keen on Mustafi
- 25 Jul 20:45 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Medicals for Lovren
- 25 Jul 20:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Salvatore Masiello joins Torino back
- 25 Jul 20:15 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Double assault on Celtic: Forster and Van Dijk on target
- 25 Jul 20:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Drogba is coming not because he made history, but 'cause he wants to make more history"
- 25 Jul 19:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa meeting scheduled and a new suitor for Campagnaro
- 25 Jul 19:30 ITALY/ PARMA, Cassani already training with the squad. Just the announcement lacking
- 25 Jul 19:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 3 Serie A suitors for Rafael Marquez
- 25 Jul 18:57 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA M., Eberl: "Kurt wants Bayern Munich, but..."
- 25 Jul 18:42 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Besic touring with Toffees in Thailand: deal is close
- 25 Jul 18:26 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Vidal is not for sale"
- 25 Jul 18:20 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Drogba joins Chelsea back
- 25 Jul 18:14 ITALY/ PALERMO, Rolin as a main target
- 25 Jul 17:57 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Suggestion for Victor Valdes
- 25 Jul 17:44 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Never talked about Eto'o"
- 25 Jul 17:30 ITALY/ INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 17:15 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Andres Fernandez about to join
- 25 Jul 16:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Still aiming to sign Joel Campbell from Arsenal
- 25 Jul 16:50 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Monaco: arrives Bakayoko
- 25 Jul 16:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Nené joins Hellas Verona
Interviewed by Cadena SER, Spanish international goalkeeper Pepe Reina (31), returned to Liverpool after the Napoli loan experience and asked about his own future, stated: "I'd obviously like to join Liga back someday, but it will hardly happen for next season, since all
Interiewed by Sportmediaset, Albian Morano, agent of Inter Milan forward Mauro Icardi, has declared: "There have never been any contacts with Mon
Interviewed by Marca, Valencia president Amedeo Salvo has declared about 30-year-old defender Jeremy Mathieu, who has just moved to Barcelona: "W
Commenting upon Didier Drogba's return to Chelsea after 2 seasons, Blues manager José Mourinho, through the pages of London side official w
Lille coach René Girard has declared about 19-year-old forward Divock Origi: "The case is over, he will remain with us".