EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Other news Other News
- 23 Aug 07:57 FRANCE/ OL, Grenier will undergo surgery
- 22 Aug 07:17 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Gameiro out for six weeks
- 21 Aug 09:15 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Uvini injured
- 20 Aug 07:17 COLOMBIA/ OFFICIAL, Pekerman will train the NT until 2018
- 19 Aug 16:45 ITALY, Conte believes Azzurri will rise again
- 19 Aug 07:17 KOREA/ OFFICIAL, Shin Tae-yong is the NT new coach
- 17 Aug 11:27 FRANCE/ PSG, Ibrahimovic injured
- 15 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Conte is the new NT coach
- 14 Aug 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Martinez injured
- 13 Aug 07:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Martino is the new NT coach
- 12 Aug 07:17 FRANCE/ PSG, Thiago Silva injured
- 11 Aug 07:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery injured
- 09 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ EMPOLI, Maccarone injured
- 08 Aug 18:14 ARGENTINA, Agreement with Gerardo Martino as new coach
- 08 Aug 07:17 USA/ OFFICIAL, Donovan retires
- 05 Aug 07:17 ALGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Gourcuff is the new NT coach
- 04 Aug 18:44 GREECE, Fernando Santos has been handed an eight match international ban
- 04 Aug 07:57 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Jung injured
- 03 Aug 11:30 FRANCE/ MONACO, Falcao back on the pitch
- 02 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sartori is Atalanta new Technical Director
- 01 Aug 17:47 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Ural: arrive Ivan Chudin and Yaroshenko
- 01 Aug 07:17 SWEDEN/ OFFICIAL, Mellberg retires
- 31 Jul 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Kehl no longer the team's captain
- 30 Jul 17:45 OFFICIAL/ HONDURAS,Medford the new NT coach
- 30 Jul 07:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Sabella is no longer the NT coach
- 29 Jul 07:17 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Advocaat is the new NT coach
- 28 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Roncaglia injured
- 27 Jul 08:27 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Reus recovering
- 26 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Ranieri is the new NT coach
- 25 Jul 09:17 COSTA RICA/ OFFICIAL, Pinto is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jul 09:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera will keep on training the NT
- 23 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger needs to rest
- 22 Jul 09:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Morata injured
- 21 Jul 16:31 BRAZIL, Neymar: "I think Brazilian football is behind"
- 21 Jul 09:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Subotic has recovered
- 20 Jul 10:27 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL Can injured
- 19 Jul 09:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Lahm quits the NT
- 18 Jul 09:17 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Carrick injured
- 16 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Peters is Hamburg new Sports Director
- 14 Jul 09:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Lucas injured
- 13 Jul 10:27 ARGENTINA, Martino the new NT coach?
- 11 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ NT, Ranieri about to coach
- 10 Jul 09:57 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Susic will still be the NT coach
- 08 Jul 09:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sartori is no longer Chievo Sports Director
- 07 Jul 10:27 ALGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Halilhodzic is no longer the NT coach
- 04 Jul 09:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mirabelli is Inter new Chief scout
- 03 Jul 18:05 FIFA,Luis Suárez free to undertake a medical for any transfer
- 03 Jul 09:17 SERBIA/ NT, Offer to Zenga
- 28 Jun 09:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER, Hoffmann injured
- 26 Jun 10:16 SPAIN, Del Bosque until 2016
- 26 Jun 09:17 JAPAN/ OFFICIAL, Zaccheroni is no longer the NT coach
- 25 Jun 19:16 BRAZIL 2014/ GERMANY, Ballack: "Ozil must force 'magic' World Cup moment"
- 25 Jun 18:44 URUGUAY, Scholes: "Suarez an embarrassment and should be banned"
- 25 Jun 14:15 BRAZIL 204/ URUGUAY, Lugano: "Chiellini, I never believed an Italian player could be such a coward off the pitch"
- 25 Jun 09:17 IVORY COAST/ OFFICIAL, Lamouchi is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 21:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Prandelli is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 09:17 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Villa quits the NT
- 23 Jun 19:44 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTO, Ronaldo insists he is giving his all for his country
- 22 Jun 10:30 SPAIN/ NT, Del Bosque until 2016
- 21 Jun 09:57 BAYERN, Rybery: "I am not undergoing surgery"
- 20 Jun 09:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery may need surgery
- 19 Jun 21:45 BRAZIL 2014, Maradona: "Neymar failed to live up to his billing"
- 19 Jun 20:30 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTUGAL, One-match ban for Pepe
- 19 Jun 09:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Gundogan underwent surgery
- 18 Jun 14:30 BRAZIL 2014/ USA, Klinsmann full of hope for Altidore return
- 18 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Causarano is Juventus new first-team doctor
- 17 Jun 11:30 BRAZIL 2014/ GHANA, Gyan: "We can still qualify"
- 17 Jun 09:17 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK, Ozbiliz underwent surgery
- 16 Jun 18:34 GERMANY, Podolski aiming to win the World Cup
- 16 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Perinetti the new Sports Director
- 14 Jun 09:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bentley retires
- 13 Jun 09:00 WORLD CUP/ GROUPE 1, Brazil-Croatia 3-1
- 12 Jun 17:45 UEFA, Platini ends support for Sepp Blatter
- 12 Jun 16:51 USA, Klinsmann: "USA must make Ronaldo miserable"
- 12 Jun 09:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Beiersdorfer is Hamburg new CEO
- 11 Jun 20:00 ARGENTINA, Maradona: "Neymar too young to dominate World Cup"
- 11 Jun 11:44 PORTUGAL, Ronaldo: "I'll be 100 per cent fit for World Cup"
- 11 Jun 09:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Giulini is Cagliari new owner
- 11 Jun 09:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Reus out for three months
- 10 Jun 12:31 World Cup 2014, Blatter: "Fifa & Qatar corruption claims are racist"
- 10 Jun 12:15 ENGLAND, Wilshere certain Oxlade-Chamberlain has role to play at World Cup
- 10 Jun 09:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Luis Enrique hospitalized
- 07 Jun 09:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Perea will undergo surgery
- 05 Jun 11:10 ENGLAND, Hodgson takes positives
- 05 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ GENOA, New meeting with the Chinese investors
- 04 Jun 09:17 FRANCE/ OM, Anigo no longer the Sports Director
- 03 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Montolivo underwent surgery
- 01 Jun 10:27 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Montolivo injured
- 31 May 09:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Puyol is a Barcelona new executive
- 30 May 09:17 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Eriksson injured
- 29 May 09:17 ITALY/ PARMA, Today the decision about the next EL
- 28 May 16:59 HOLLAND, Van der Vaart to miss Brazil
- 28 May 16:51 ARGENTINA, Di Maria: "If we don't win the World Cup, it will be a failure"
- 28 May 09:17 ITALY/ PALERMO, Perinetti intended to leave
- 27 May 16:14 CROATIA, Kranjcar: "I'm really sorry that I will not be able to play in Brazil"
- 27 May 09:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernandez undergoes surgery
- 26 May 15:44 GHANA, Appiah will stay until 2016
- 25 May 10:27 GHANA/ OFFICIAL, Appiah will train the NT until 2017
- 23 May 18:14 US World Cup squad, Altidore preferred to former captain Landon Donovan
- 23 May 09:17 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Diego Costa recovering
- 23 Aug 21:00 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING LISBON, Two Italian rivals towards Cop
- 23 Aug 20:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Last year we left the game in Everton's hands. Never had a Premier League so tight"
- 23 Aug 19:00 ENGLAND/ QPR, Survey on Belhanda
- 23 Aug 18:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Agreement with Eto'o on a yearly deal
- 23 Aug 17:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hoffenheim renews Polanski's deal
- 23 Aug 16:00 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Obiang: "This is my beloved club, and they want to hold me"
- 23 Aug 15:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Balotelli about to be announced: more details
- 23 Aug 14:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Wallace joins AS Monaco
- 23 Aug 13:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Granada target Diakité
- 23 Aug 12:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica sign Samaris
- 23 Aug 11:30 GREECE/ PANATHINAIKOS, Keen on Berisha
- 23 Aug 10:57 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Offer for Hernandez ready
- 23 Aug 10:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Evian sign Tejeda
- 23 Aug 09:59 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, New offer for Vidal
- 23 Aug 09:29 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Keen on Pandev
- 23 Aug 09:00 ENGLAND/ FULHAM, Mihajlov likely to join
- 23 Aug 08:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New meetings for Podolski
- 23 Aug 07:57 FRANCE/ OL, Grenier will undergo surgery
- 23 Aug 07:27 PSG, Pastore: "I will stay"
- 23 Aug 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Borussia want to copy us"
- 23 Aug 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Lucas Leiva: "Napoli? Never say never"
- 23 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Fazio is leaving"
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 23:37 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Tremoulinas will join Sevilla
- 22 Aug 23:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, AC Milan's offer for Destro refused
- 22 Aug 22:59 UAE/ AL-WASL, Alfaro could come back
- 22 Aug 22:39 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Idea Podolski
- 22 Aug 22:20 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, McLeish is Genk new coach
- 22 Aug 22:00 ITALY/ ROMA, 5 millions for Basa
- 22 Aug 21:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Toño quits Elche
- 22 Aug 21:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Ninis quits Parma
- 22 Aug 21:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Interest for Ninis
- 22 Aug 21:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED: Welbeck can leave, but not for joining a Premier League Top 6
- 22 Aug 20:48 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Suggestion for Romero
- 22 Aug 20:36 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, N'Diaye joins Real Betis again from Sunderland
- 22 Aug 20:24 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Pinto da Costa freezes AC Milan and AS Roma: "Jackson Martinez doesn't leave"
- 22 Aug 20:12 ENGLAND/ QPR, Attempt for Insigne failed: Napoli reject offer
- 22 Aug 20:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Approaching Federico Fazio
- 22 Aug 19:48 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Suggestion for Xabi Alonso
- 22 Aug 19:36 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover 96 sign Briand
- 22 Aug 19:24 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Keen on Rhodes
- 22 Aug 19:12 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Neither Tottenham nor Juventus for Depay: renewal with PSV
- 22 Aug 19:00 BAYERN MUNICH & AS ROMA, Negotiations for Benatia ongoing: no call-up for AEK Athens friendly match
- 22 Aug 18:48 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Durmaz joins Olympiakos
- 22 Aug 18:36 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Attempt for Lacazette after having signed Cerci
- 22 Aug 18:24 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Doors closed to Juventus on Jovetic
- 22 Aug 18:12 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, 2 new rivals towards Stambouli: one tries the offer
- 22 Aug 18:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Fernando Torres offered to AC Milan
- 22 Aug 17:48 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Aboubakar more and more likely to join
- 22 Aug 17:36 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, WBA sign Samaras
Coming from the 0-0 obtained against Besiktas at Istanbul last Tuesday, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger talked about last year's defeat suffered from Everton and Gunners' end at fourth place: “In the quality of our performance, and even more than that in our me
Torino president Urbano Cairo has declared: "The transfer market? We'll see with Galliani, we are happy even if Cerci will stay. If there wil
Sevilla coach Unai Emery has declared about 27-year-old center back Federico Fazio, intended to join Tottenham: "His departure could help the clu
Coming from the 0-0 obtained against Besiktas at Istanbul last Tuesday, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger talked about last year's defeat suffe
PSG attacking midfielder Javier Pastore has declared: "I hope to continue this way, football always gives you the chance to take revenge. Leaving
Interviewed by Bild, Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared about the possibility to sign AS Roma defender Mehdi Benatia: "It would be gr