EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Other news Other News
- 29 Jul 07:17 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Advocaat is the new NT coach
- 28 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Roncaglia injured
- 27 Jul 08:27 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Reus recovering
- 26 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Ranieri is the new NT coach
- 25 Jul 09:17 COSTA RICA/ OFFICIAL, Pinto is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jul 09:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera will keep on training the NT
- 23 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger needs to rest
- 22 Jul 09:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Morata injured
- 21 Jul 16:31 BRAZIL, Neymar: "I think Brazilian football is behind"
- 21 Jul 09:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Subotic has recovered
- 20 Jul 10:27 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL Can injured
- 19 Jul 09:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Lahm quits the NT
- 18 Jul 09:17 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Carrick injured
- 16 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Peters is Hamburg new Sports Director
- 14 Jul 09:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Lucas injured
- 13 Jul 10:27 ARGENTINA, Martino the new NT coach?
- 11 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ NT, Ranieri about to coach
- 10 Jul 09:57 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Susic will still be the NT coach
- 08 Jul 09:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sartori is no longer Chievo Sports Director
- 07 Jul 10:27 ALGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Halilhodzic is no longer the NT coach
- 04 Jul 09:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mirabelli is Inter new Chief scout
- 03 Jul 18:05 FIFA,Luis Suárez free to undertake a medical for any transfer
- 03 Jul 09:17 SERBIA/ NT, Offer to Zenga
- 28 Jun 09:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER, Hoffmann injured
- 26 Jun 10:16 SPAIN, Del Bosque until 2016
- 26 Jun 09:17 JAPAN/ OFFICIAL, Zaccheroni is no longer the NT coach
- 25 Jun 19:16 BRAZIL 2014/ GERMANY, Ballack: "Ozil must force 'magic' World Cup moment"
- 25 Jun 18:44 URUGUAY, Scholes: "Suarez an embarrassment and should be banned"
- 25 Jun 14:15 BRAZIL 204/ URUGUAY, Lugano: "Chiellini, I never believed an Italian player could be such a coward off the pitch"
- 25 Jun 09:17 IVORY COAST/ OFFICIAL, Lamouchi is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 21:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Prandelli is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 09:17 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Villa quits the NT
- 23 Jun 19:44 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTO, Ronaldo insists he is giving his all for his country
- 22 Jun 10:30 SPAIN/ NT, Del Bosque until 2016
- 21 Jun 09:57 BAYERN, Rybery: "I am not undergoing surgery"
- 20 Jun 09:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery may need surgery
- 19 Jun 21:45 BRAZIL 2014, Maradona: "Neymar failed to live up to his billing"
- 19 Jun 20:30 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTUGAL, One-match ban for Pepe
- 19 Jun 09:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Gundogan underwent surgery
- 18 Jun 14:30 BRAZIL 2014/ USA, Klinsmann full of hope for Altidore return
- 18 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Causarano is Juventus new first-team doctor
- 17 Jun 11:30 BRAZIL 2014/ GHANA, Gyan: "We can still qualify"
- 17 Jun 09:17 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK, Ozbiliz underwent surgery
- 16 Jun 18:34 GERMANY, Podolski aiming to win the World Cup
- 16 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Perinetti the new Sports Director
- 14 Jun 09:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bentley retires
- 13 Jun 09:00 WORLD CUP/ GROUPE 1, Brazil-Croatia 3-1
- 12 Jun 17:45 UEFA, Platini ends support for Sepp Blatter
- 12 Jun 16:51 USA, Klinsmann: "USA must make Ronaldo miserable"
- 12 Jun 09:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Beiersdorfer is Hamburg new CEO
- 11 Jun 20:00 ARGENTINA, Maradona: "Neymar too young to dominate World Cup"
- 11 Jun 11:44 PORTUGAL, Ronaldo: "I'll be 100 per cent fit for World Cup"
- 11 Jun 09:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Giulini is Cagliari new owner
- 11 Jun 09:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Reus out for three months
- 10 Jun 12:31 World Cup 2014, Blatter: "Fifa & Qatar corruption claims are racist"
- 10 Jun 12:15 ENGLAND, Wilshere certain Oxlade-Chamberlain has role to play at World Cup
- 10 Jun 09:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Luis Enrique hospitalized
- 07 Jun 09:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Perea will undergo surgery
- 05 Jun 11:10 ENGLAND, Hodgson takes positives
- 05 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ GENOA, New meeting with the Chinese investors
- 04 Jun 09:17 FRANCE/ OM, Anigo no longer the Sports Director
- 03 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Montolivo underwent surgery
- 01 Jun 10:27 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Montolivo injured
- 31 May 09:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Puyol is a Barcelona new executive
- 30 May 09:17 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Eriksson injured
- 29 May 09:17 ITALY/ PARMA, Today the decision about the next EL
- 28 May 16:59 HOLLAND, Van der Vaart to miss Brazil
- 28 May 16:51 ARGENTINA, Di Maria: "If we don't win the World Cup, it will be a failure"
- 28 May 09:17 ITALY/ PALERMO, Perinetti intended to leave
- 27 May 16:14 CROATIA, Kranjcar: "I'm really sorry that I will not be able to play in Brazil"
- 27 May 09:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernandez undergoes surgery
- 26 May 15:44 GHANA, Appiah will stay until 2016
- 25 May 10:27 GHANA/ OFFICIAL, Appiah will train the NT until 2017
- 23 May 18:14 US World Cup squad, Altidore preferred to former captain Landon Donovan
- 23 May 09:17 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Diego Costa recovering
- 22 May 09:00 ITALY/ ROMA, De Sanctis underwent surgery
- 21 May 18:30 ITALY - Abete, Prandelli and Immobile condemns racist chants directed at Italy's Balotelli
- 21 May 10:47 ENGLAND, Beckham believes in NT squad
- 21 May 09:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernandez will undergo surgery
- 20 May 09:17 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Delogu the next president?
- 18 May 10:27 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Diego Costa injured
- 17 May 09:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Basha underwent surgery
- 16 May 09:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Savic underwent surgery
- 15 May 09:17 GREECE/ NT, Laudrup the next coach?
- 13 May 12:44 BRAZIL 2014, Uruguay World Cup squad
- 13 May 09:17 SPAIN/ LEVANTE, Rodas injured
- 12 May 15:31 BRAZIL 2014, Kagawa and Maya Yoshida in Japan squad
- 10 May 09:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Pradé renews
- 09 May 13:31 FIFA, Blatter says he intends to stand for fifth term as Fifa president
- 09 May 09:17 VIETNAM/ OFFICIAL, Miura is the new NT coach
- 08 May 09:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Vidal underwent surgery
- 07 May 09:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Cruz is Beira-Mar new president
- 06 May 10:27 HONDURAS, announce their 23-man squad for the FIFA World Cup
- 06 May 09:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Neto injured
- 05 May 09:00 ITALY/ PARMA, Amauri injured
- 03 May 09:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hopfner is Bayern new president
- 02 May 09:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Badstuber is back
- 01 May 12:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Townsend injured
- 30 Apr 09:00 ITALY/ UDINESE, Yebda injured
- 29 Apr 09:17 GERMANY/ BAYER, Season over for Kiessling
- 29 Jul 19:45 ITALY/ ROMA, Wolfsburg's offer for Destro refused
- 29 Jul 19:30 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Lead for Balanta
- 29 Jul 19:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sampdoria sign Baumgartner
- 29 Jul 19:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Barkley renews with Everton
- 29 Jul 18:45 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Lokomotiv sign Niasse
- 29 Jul 18:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New contract for Pogba ready
- 29 Jul 18:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool sign Origi
- 29 Jul 17:31 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Drogba: "It's amazing to be back"
- 29 Jul 17:06 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL Zurich: Chiumiento extends
- 29 Jul 16:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Verona sign Rodriguez
- 29 Jul 16:48 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Feyenoord: Kongolo extends until 2017
- 29 Jul 16:45 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto sign Josč Angel
- 29 Jul 16:44 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, West Ham: Valencia granted work permit
- 29 Jul 16:42 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter: appoint Dan Chard as Director of Global Partnerships
- 29 Jul 15:51 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid
- 29 Jul 15:42 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover: annual extension for Almer
- 29 Jul 15:33 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Genk axe Ferrera
- 29 Jul 15:24 FRANCE/ PSG, Offering Verratti and money to sign Di Maria
- 29 Jul 15:13 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Cech can join PSG
- 29 Jul 15:04 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Paul Lambert wants to sign Chelsea winger Moses
- 29 Jul 14:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Vertonghen plays down exit talks
- 29 Jul 14:29 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, closing in on the double signing of Southampton
- 29 Jul 14:20 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Sturridge: "I'm ready to replace Suarez"
- 29 Jul 14:11 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Fellaini faces exit as Napoli eye loan deal
- 29 Jul 14:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Toulose sign Matheus
- 29 Jul 13:50 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eintracht Frankfurt: arrives Valdez
- 29 Jul 13:41 MANCHESTER UNITED, van Gaal: "I don't sign players for pleasure"
- 29 Jul 13:32 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Kagawa free to join Borussia Dortmund
- 29 Jul 13:23 ITALY/ ROMA, Benatia observed by Real Madrid
- 29 Jul 13:14 AC MILAN & ARSENAL, Coming to terms on Joel Campbell
- 29 Jul 13:05 ENGLAND/ WIGAN, Survey on Yuji Ono
- 29 Jul 12:56 ITALY/ AS ROMA, New Serie A low ranking loan experience for Sanabria in thw viewfinder
- 29 Jul 12:47 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Planning majestic move for Di Maria
- 29 Jul 12:38 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Keen on Mbaye
- 29 Jul 12:29 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Defining details for Mangala
- 29 Jul 12:20 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Stall on Cerci
- 29 Jul 12:11 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Attempt for Dzemaili started
- 29 Jul 12:02 ITALY/ TORINO, Lead on Faraoni
- 29 Jul 11:54 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Douglas Costa getting nearer and nearer
- 29 Jul 11:45 ITALY/ INTER, The day might be right for signing Osvaldo
- 29 Jul 11:36 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Ravel Morrison more and more likely to leave
- 29 Jul 11:27 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Vidal's agent meets Bianconeri chief Marotta: United awaiting
- 29 Jul 11:18 ITALY/ CESENA, Approaching Brienza
- 29 Jul 11:09 ITALY/ AC MILAN, One more suitor for Niang
- 29 Jul 11:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Sanogo more and more likely to leave on loan
- 29 Jul 10:42 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Pursue for Micah Richards' loan
- 29 Jul 10:33 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, Still negotiating with Bendtner
- 29 Jul 10:24 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Denials on meeting with Fellaini
- 29 Jul 10:22 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Giroud can extend
- 29 Jul 10:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Almunia meets Cagliari in the afternoon
Didier Drogba admits it took little thinking about when he was offered the chance to return to Chelsea.
"It's amazing to be back, a great feeling," Drogba told the club's website. "I'm happy to be back here and I'm looking forward to seeing the b
Torino president Urbano Cairo has declared about 27-year-old winger Alessio Cerci: "There have been no contacts with Milan. Will he stay? It depe
Interviewed by SFC Radio, Sevilla FC Sports Director Ramon Rodriguez "Monchi" has declared about 27-year-old forward Carlos Bacca: "The
In the press conference, Manchester United's coach, Louis van Gaal, has spoken about Red Devils market transfer. "I don't sign players on
Donato Di Campli, agent of PSG midfielder Marco Verratti, has told Sportitalia: "There are no doubts about it, his future is at PSG".