HOME CONTACT US| RSS
      
Serie A ( Italy )

JUVENTUS, Lucio: "My new challenge"

16.07.2012 11.38 by Transfer Market Web  read 1496
Source: Juventus.com
© foto di Federico De Luca

Lucio has conveyed his delight at becoming part of an “excellent project” at Juventus.

The 34-year-old had several options when news broke of his release from Inter, but believes the challenge on offer in Turin represents a perfect fit.

“I’ve turned over a new leaf,” the giant Brazilian stopper told reporters. “I’m happy and I think it’s an important step as far as my career’s concerned. There’s an excellent project here and I feel it’s important to remain at a high level playing for a great side.”

The defender, who has won a string of national and international honours over the course of his fifteen-year professional career, insists his appetite for victory remains as strong as ever.

“Whenever I put the shirt on I do whatever’s required for my team. It’s my intention to do my very best for Juventus and dedicate myself fully to the cause.”

With the Bianconeri stepping back into the Champions League for the first time since 2009, Antonio Conte will be looking to tap into Lucio’s wealth of experience on Europe’s biggest stage.

“We know it will be tough to play in the Champions League this year, there are always strong teams involved. Having said that, I feel that Juventus are capable of challenging in every competition we’ll face this year. We’re aware of the difficulties that lie ahead, but we must always maintain a winning mentality.”

After linking up with the Bianconeri at their pre-season base yesterday afternoon, Lucio concluded by expressing his determination to hit the ground running.

“It’s important I adapt to the team’s style of play as soon as possible. I will be working over this period to settle in with my team-mates and do what the manager asks me.”

Other news Serie A ( Italy )
Other news
Highlight

OFFICIAL - Reto ZIEGLER joins Luzern FC

A free agent since last July, after his Sion FC half-season experience ended, former Swiss international defensive all-rounder Reto Ziegler (31) has officially joined Luzern FC on 3-month deal.   Medienmitteilung | Reto Ziegler spielt ab sofort bis vorläufig End
  • PHOTO LIVE

OFFICIAL - AC Milan raise young hitman CUTRONE's salary

Coming from a brilliant and unexpected season start, Italian Under-21 international striker Patrick Cutrone (19) had his contract with AC Milan, still
 

ATHLETIC BILBAO, Ziganda: "I'm positive KEPA will extend for us"

Heavily linked to Napoli and Real Madrid, Spanish goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga (23) is in talks with Athletic Bilbao on a deal extension, from June 20
 

WEST HAM scouting Italian young defender VICARI

Previously linked to Atalanta, Sassuolo, Torino, and Udinese, 23-year old centre-back Francesco Vicari, according to both Italian and UK sources,
 

CAEN - 6 Premier League clubs on 2003-born talent

According to both French and UK sources, 2003-born defensive midfielder Elye Wahi, described as a N'Golo Kanté-featured young apprentice, p
 

OFFICIAL - Schalke 04 sign Alex NUBEL on new contract

Schalke 04 announced having extended their deal with German Under-21 international goalkeeper Alexander Nübel (turning 21 next Sunday,
 
   Editore: TC&C srl web content publisher since 1994 Partita IVA 01488100510