INTER, Longo: ""Here to reward Inter's faith in me"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
He made his Serie A debut against Lazio on 13 May (18 minutes as a substitute), won the U19s Scudetto with the Primavera team and became 100% Nerazzurri when Inter bought the other half of his contract from Genoa. Now Samuele Longo is ready for the new season. Excited, proud and determined to reward Inter for the faith shown in him.
"Last season was brilliant, not only on a personal level but for the whole Primavera team. Hopefully the coming season will go just as well for the first team," the promising Nerazzurri striker told Inter Channel. "I'm here now and trying to make the most of this chance I've been given to come on Inter's training camp. I'm proud to be a part of this group and I'll give everything I've got to try and work my way into the team. It it doesn't happen then we'll see."
At centre forward or in another position, Longo knows playing is all that really matters: "Obviously I'd like to play as the target man but I'm perfectly happy to do a job anywhere I'm needed. Creativity? You need that whether you play in the centre or wide. Heading is one area I can improve. If you ask me if I shoot better right-footed or left-footed I'd say right, but actually I think I scored more with my left last season."
Longo continued: "I'm trying to pick up as many tips as possible from my team-mates. I've been impressed by Milito obviously, with what he's done and the goals he's scored in these first few days: every shot is a goal. I think I've got better as a player year on year, but there have been difficult times too. The first was when my path to Inter's Primavera was blocked by older players like Mattia Destro. Then I went to Piacenza and I got unlucky with an injury. Afterwards I moved to Genoa and now I'm happy to be back at Inter. I'll do everything I can to repay people for their confidence in me."
Is the footballing philosophy different in the first team compared to the Primavera? "No, it's the same philosophy, just that the older players know what they have to do with the ball. It's great to be playing with so many top players because wherever you put the ball you have a chance to score. There is a difference though: when you play with the 'big boys' you need to think more quickly; you have to know what to do with the ball before you even receive it."
Finally, Longo had a special thought for the many fans who followed the Nerazzurri to their pre-season training camp in Pinzolo: "It's very nice but it does feel a bit strange at times: they make me feel like a star or something, but actually I'm just one of them..."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 30 Jul 00:30 INTER - Frank de Boer might be the next manager
- 29 Jul 20:00 INTER - Thohir: "We've taken some big steps forward"
- 29 Jul 17:15 NAPOLI - De Laurentiis answers to Higuain: "lack of respect towards all Neapolitans"
- 29 Jul 15:22 LAZIO, Candreva: "I'm about to become an INTER player"
- 28 Jul 11:44 OFFICIAL - Gnahore back to SSC NAPOLI
- 27 Jul 21:04 INTER - Miranda: "I'm happy here and I like my contract"
- 27 Jul 19:20 INTER - Felipe Melo: "It was my intention to stay here because it's a dream come true"
- 27 Jul 10:47 JUVENTUS - Higuain: (VIDEO) "I'm happy here, I hope to win Champions"
- 27 Jul 02:00 INTER, Thohir: "We won't yield ICARDI. Mancini? He's our manager"
- 26 Jul 16:45 AS ROMA - Totti: "Players choose go somewhere to win more and earn more money"
- 21 Jul 21:15 Veron: "Inter-Estudiantes a special match for me. It will be exciting to find old friends"
- 21 Jul 18:30 INTER - Moratti: "Mancini, I don't exclude a contract renewal"
- 21 Jul 10:25 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "We can't accept Atletico offer for HIGUAIN. Juventus? That would be absurd"
- 20 Jul 13:44 NAPOLI - CHELSEA chasing Koulibaly
- 20 Jul 12:15 LAZIO - Jardel from Benfica, agreement for Lukaku
- 20 Jul 11:14 JUVENTUS, Asamoah: "Happy to stay"
- 20 Jul 11:07 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria sign Cigarini
- 19 Jul 22:54 JUVENTUS reject Calhanoglu
- 18 Jul 16:08 AC MILAN - SUSO might stay put
- 14 Jul 11:03 JUVENTUS reject West Ham loan offer
- 13 Jul 12:00 INTER - Eder could move to China
- 13 Jul 11:31 AC MILAN - Bacca will let West Ham know by Friday if he intends to join
- 12 Jul 11:58 NAPOLI - Two clubs want Gonzalo Higuain
- 11 Jul 18:18 INTER - Icardi not for sale
- 07 Jul 18:17 AS ROMA, Perotti: "A team like ours needs to be aiming for the Scudetto"
- 07 Jul 17:46 AS ROMA - Iturbe: "I can’t wait to get to know Spalletti"
- 07 Jul 15:46 AC MILAN - Montella: "The minimum goal is to get into Europe"
- 06 Jul 11:50 OFFICIAL - JUVE confirm MORATA departure
- 06 Jul 11:44 JUVENTUS - €20m (£17m) bid for Chelsea midfielder Matic
- 05 Jul 20:28 JUVENTUS - Zaza's agent: "Future? He wants to play more"
- 05 Jul 19:16 INTER - D’Ambrosio: "We want to make the fans proud"
- 04 Jul 16:38 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign GIAMPAOLO as new manager
- 28 Jun 12:51 JUVENTUS, Dani Alves introduces himself: "It was time to leave Barça. Bianconeri are THE icon of Italian football"
- 28 Jun 11:48 FC INTER - Thohir: "Proud of the strategic partnership formalised today with Suning"
- 22 Jun 18:51 OFFICIAL - Empoli buy Buchel back from JUVENTUS
- 21 Jun 16:54 OFFICIAL - AC MILAN: El Shaarawy has been permanently sold to AS ROMA
- 15 Jun 22:15 OFFICIAL - Palermo extend contract with Portuguese talent Embalo
- 15 Jun 20:45 LAZIO - Negotiation with Bielsa ongoing in Argentina
- 11 Jun 08:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Spartak Moscow in talks with Sampdoria for FERNANDO
- 10 Jun 10:54 JUVENTUS, Eye on Pellè
- 08 Jun 17:30 AS ROMA, Chelsea cleared of wrongdoing over the loan of Salah
- 08 Jun 17:16 LAZIO, Other troubles with Adriano: Barça will not let him leave for free
- 03 Jun 09:44 AC MILAN, Unai Emery gives green light: € 1.5 millions resignation to FC Seville
- 31 May 23:38 Italia, Bernardeschi's father: "Federico's convocation is a dream"
- 28 May 15:23 Milan, Berlusconi: "I'am dealing with Chinese e for this reason I study Chinese"
- 25 May 21:41 Inter, Zanetti: "Medel is important for us, it remains here"
- 23 May 22:15 Lazio, postive meeting with Prandelli
- 23 May 18:11 Napoli, the promise made by Higuain to Sarri: "I'll see you in Dimaro"
- 23 May 18:01 Inter, Moratti and Suning agreement: "Possible news soon"
- 23 May 17:57 Zanetti: "Simeone would coach Inter, but Mancini is a great coach"
- 23 May 17:45 Roma, Pallotta arrives in June. Totti and stadium on the agenda
- 23 May 17:06 Seria A, top 11 of Italian Championship according to UEFA
- 23 May 16:53 Inter, fixed Brozovic price: costs 25 mln euro
- 17 May 22:16 Milan, Bacca: "Saturday we have the opportunity to raise a new cup"
- 17 May 20:55 Fiorentina, Zarate: "I'am happy for my season in Florence"
- 17 May 20:10 Roma, Sabatini: Digne? "We will find an agreement with Paris Saint Germain"
- 17 May 12:20 LAZIO, Defining agreement with Jorge Sampaoli as next manager
- 16 May 16:13 LAZIO, Klose: "Leaving is not my decision"
- 16 May 09:35 TURIN to appoint Giampaolo if Ventura leaves
- 15 May 18:30 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting with River Plate on Alario
- 15 May 16:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Raul Asencio extend his deal with Genoa
- 12 May 20:15 Milan, ag. Bacca: "Future? We will talk with club after the Italian Cup final"
- 09 May 07:06 ATALANTA, Club icon Bellini quits after having scored last goal
- 06 May 09:52 PALERMO - Vazquez to leave
- 06 May 07:58 AS ROMA, Sabatini on Giallorossi midfield stars: "I want to keep Nainggolan and Pjanic"
- 05 May 11:33 VERONA - Luca Toni announces retirement
- 05 May 08:55 LAZIO, De Vrij hits pitch back after 9 months long injury
- 04 May 11:38 LAZIO - To move for Ben Arfa
- 04 May 11:01 HELLAS VERONA, Luca Toni announces quitting
- 04 May 10:31 NAPOLI - Hamsik: "I can't even imagine what would happen"
- 04 May 10:14 LAZIO - Pioli: "Happy for Claudio"
- 02 May 21:19 SERIE A - Genoa - Roma - FULL TIME
- 02 May 14:44 JUVENTUS - Morata to stay
- 02 May 10:03 MILAN - Ready to join the chase for Vilhena
- 02 May 09:49 JUVENTUS tracking BARCELONA's Mascherano
- 01 May 10:43 JUVENTUS - Set for Pogba extension
- 30 Apr 20:35 SERIE A - ChievoVerona 0 - 0 Fiorentina - HALF TIME
- 30 Apr 18:46 SERIE A - Udinese 1 - 5 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 17:26 JUVENTUS - Front runners for Batshuayi
- 30 Apr 17:16 SERIE A - Udinese 0 - 1 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 15:20 LAZIO - To appoint Fatih Terim
- 30 Apr 12:43 JUVENTUS - Target Kante if Pogba leaves
- 30 Apr 12:20 ROMA - De Sanctis to extend his contract
- 30 Apr 12:11 JUVENTUS - Bonucci keen on Serie A stay
- 30 Apr 11:08 NAPOLI - Mertens: "I'm fine here, but I need an extension to remain"
- 30 Apr 10:53 ANDERLECHT - Praet to join Fiorentina
- 30 Apr 09:53 FIORENTINA - Mazzarri to replace Sousa?
- 30 Apr 09:41 JUVENTUS- Neto to leave
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 28 Apr 17:21 ROMA - El Shaarawy wants to stay
- 28 Apr 16:43 TORINO - Paredes first target
- 28 Apr 12:46 ROMA - Pjanic or Nainggolan to leave
- 28 Apr 12:22 ROMA - Caceres in the spotlight
- 28 Apr 08:42 INTER - Mancini to accept Italy job
- 28 Apr 08:29 LAZIO - To bid for Pellé
- 27 Apr 15:12 JUVENTUS - Oscar-Isco to replace Cuadrado-Morata
- 27 Apr 14:53 FIORENTINA - Tottenham set to move for Kalinic
- 27 Apr 14:42 JUVENTUS - Evra: "I've not take a decision yet"
- 27 Apr 12:42 JUVENTUS - Eyes on Liverpool target Zielinski
According to O Jogo Danilo Pereira won't move this summer.
The Portuguese daily reports that the player and Porto found an agreement and he won't be on the maket anymore.
While Roberto Mancini's position at Inter is in deep jeopardy, Dutch 46 years old Frank De Boer, after his long experience at Ajax (lasted 6 seaso
Barcelona youngster Munir El Haddadi is wanted by Real Sociedad, reports Sport. Real Sociedad boss Eusebio Sacristian knows the young forward well fro
Hull City are looking to replace Steve Bruce as boss with Wales international manager Chris Coleman.
Since the departure of Bruce, Hull have been o
Bordeaux announced having extended their deal with almost 21 years old French goalkeeper Jerome Prior until June 2020.
The 1995-born player is an i
Currently on a deal with Palermo until June 2018, Swiss right-back Michel Morganella (27), according to Sky Sport Italia, has been targeted