INTER, Mudingayi: "I did have a slight muscle problem"
27.07.2012 17.30 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Gabi Mudingayi spoke to journalists in the conference room at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti today, accompanied by managing director Marco Fassone and sporting director Piero Ausilio.
Managing director Fassone introduced the new Inter midfield player to journalists: "On behalf of everyone at the club, I'd like to officially welcome Mudingayi here. He's a player that the club and in particular the coach really wanted to sign. He's the finishing touch to our midfield and brings invaluable experience with him, having already played 200 games in Serie A. Gabi's arrival will give the side an extra boost in quality and it also confirms the current strategy of the club, that of integrating young players into a squad that is already packed with experienced players and with champions who have contributed towards writing the history of Inter."
Then it was time for the player to speak: "I'm very excited because finally being able to play for a club of this stature is an important step for me. I have to admit that I'd given up hope: I've always worked hard in a bid to play for a club such as Inter. When I say that I'll put my heart and soul into this, that's exactly what I'll do: players always have to give their all here, and there will never be any lack of effort on my part. For me, Inter is a new starting point. I'd like to play as many games as possible and, why not, perhaps even end my career here."
The 30-year-old has midfielder has been an Inter player for just seven days now, but it's "still always exciting to actually walk into a dressing room like Inter's", Mudingayi explained. Then, talking about which position he'd like to play, he added: "I'm here and willing to be at the complete disposal of the coach and the rest of the squad. Irrespective of which role I'm asked to play, I'll always try to give my all. I've spoken to Stramaccioni, I'm training and he's keeping an eye on me. It'll be up to him to decide where to play me."
The link with a move to Inter, the phone call, the wait and then signing his contract, on 20 July. Mudingayi spoke about his feelings during that wait: "As soon as I found out Inter were interested in me, I immediately told my agent that I wanted to come here. I didn't even take any notice of the rumours linking me to other clubs. That was a tough week, as I absolutely and categorically wanted to come here. But not because I was afraid of anything else. I wanted to get to know my team-mates, to familiarise myself with things here and to start preparing for the season. Was I afraid I would face charges relating to calcio-scommesse? No, I've been very calm about the situation right from the start, because I'm only helping police with their enquiries. I haven't been charged. I've always been very calm about the situation."
Speaking about his current team-mates, or new signings that may yet join him: "I'm working with everyone and I'm settling in well. During the friendly against Como I played alongside Guarin. Cambiasso has a lot of experience and I can learn a lot from him, even though I'm not that young any more. I've been in Italy almost 10 years now and I know Serie A well. I repeat, I'll give my all. That's the only promise I can make at the moment. Playing alongside champions such as Snejider and Milito is a tremendous joy for me. I'll do a lot of hard grafting for them. I don't have footballing heroes, although there are a lot of players I've always enjoyed watching and have respect for, such as Makelele."
On the probable departures of Julio Cesar, Pazzini and Maicon, the midfielder said: "I'd be sorry to see them leave as they're true champions, but I don't know anything about players who may be leaving or signing. All I can say is that there's a fantastic squad here and everyone has made me feel welcome. Which Primavera players have impressed me most? All of them! They all work hard and I can see they really want to make something of their careers."
And to those who asked him whether he would advise former Bologna team-mate Gaston Ramirez to sign for Inter, he replied: "If he has the chance to sign for Inter, he shouldn't even think twice about it! He's still a young player but he has a lot of skill and ability and, were he to come here, he'd learn a lot. He's already shown he's a player with a lot of quality."
Finally, Mudingayi cleared up the issue about his fitness: "I did have a slight muscle problem and I didn't leave for pre-season training with Bologna. But I've trained and worked during the entire summer break. I'll continue to do that here, even harder. I'm ready and I've got a tremendous desire to do my bit."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 25 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We want to keep Pogba"
- 24 Apr 16:44 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "The team has found its identity "
- 24 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Marchetti: "My future? We'll see.."
- 23 Apr 15:59 JUVENTUS, 23-man travelling party for Benfica
- 23 Apr 14:15 AC MILAN, Muntari: "We have to keep on doing well”
- 23 Apr 00:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "Real? He wants to grow up with Mazzarri"
- 22 Apr 16:32 AC MILAN, Saponara: "The negative period is behind us "
- 22 Apr 00:00 TORINO, Kurtic's agent: "I hope that he will stay"
- 21 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I am not in talks for a new contract"
- 20 Apr 00:00 ROMA, Ljajic: "I came here to stay as long as possible"
- 19 Apr 00:00 INTER, Rolando: "My future? I am happy here"
- 18 Apr 15:31 INTER, Walter Mazzarri names a 20-man squad for Parma v Inter
- 18 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "I want to stay"
- 17 Apr 16:44 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "Signing my first contract for the club was an emotional moment "
- 16 Apr 15:57 INTER, Juan Jesus: "Will I go under the knife? No, because it's only the collateral ligament"
- 16 Apr 00:00 UDINESE, Giaretta: "No contacts with Inter for Basta and Danilo"
- 15 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Conte elusive about his future
- 14 Apr 14:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "As when I was a player, I always think about both defending and attacking"
- 14 Apr 11:15 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "Now we can't afford any more slip-ups"
- 11 Apr 23:15 INTER, Guarin: "AC Milan? I signed a new deal to stay at Inter"
- 11 Apr 18:19 AS ROMA, Garcia: "I'd love the season to go on foreve"
- 11 Apr 14:44 JUVENTUS, Isla targets victory against former club in Udine
- 11 Apr 09:31 JUVENTUS,Europa League - Conte: “We deserve our place in the semis”
- 11 Apr 00:00 NAPOLI, Reina: "My future? I haven't decided yet"
- 10 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Wolski: "I want to remain here for a long time"
- 09 Apr 18:44 JUVENTUS, Conte targets “prestigious” spot in Euro semis
- 09 Apr 17:00 AC MILAN, Taarabt: "Seedorf always tells us to respect one another"
- 09 Apr 14:44 JUVENTUS, Caceres out to continue club’s European journey
- 09 Apr 14:30 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "The Scudetto race isn't over yet"
- 09 Apr 00:00 ROMA, Pjanic: "Now I am happy here, but.."
- 08 Apr 17:00 AC MILAN, Bonera: "We'll give everything we have for joining Europe"
- 08 Apr 15:30 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "We haven't been aesthetically flawless, but we showed we are a team"
- 08 Apr 13:30 AC MILAN, Kakà: "Honda was already working well, we are very happy for him"
- 08 Apr 10:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "Honda is improving game by game"
- 08 Apr 09:46 INTER, Hernanes: "This opportunity came at the right moment in my career"
- 08 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Mexes: "I will honor my contract"
- 07 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Keita: "I am not thinking about my contract"
- 06 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Vucinic and Quagliarella away? We'll see"
- 05 Apr 00:00 NAPOLI, Reina: "Honoured by Barcelona interest"
- 04 Apr 19:15 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella: "Growing up I also liked Montella"
- 04 Apr 17:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I want to stay and win something relevant"
- 04 Apr 08:45 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "O.L? A massive win"
- 04 Apr 08:30 JUVENTUS, Conte: "Lads showed the right mentality"
- 04 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are interested in Lacazette"
- 03 Apr 15:00 AC MILAN, Medical report on Essien's injury
- 03 Apr 09:49 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Weidenfeller: "We made things too easy for Madrid"
- 03 Apr 08:52 INTER, Hernanes: "Very few with Mazzarri’s footballing intelligence"
- 03 Apr 00:00 ROMA, Taddei: "I hope to renew, but.."
- 02 Apr 15:58 INTER, Botta: "An honour for me to be able to wear the Nerazzurri shirt"
- 02 Apr 00:00 NAPOLI, Mesto's agent: "Soon the new contract"
- 25 Apr 06:30 FREIBURG, Saier: "We hope to keep Mehmedi"
- 25 Apr 06:15 WEST HAM, Armero: "I am happy here, but.."
- 25 Apr 06:00 SEVILLA, Rakitic's agent: "No contacts with Lazio"
- 25 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We want to keep Pogba"
- 24 Apr 23:37 ITALY/ INTER, Nani farther
- 24 Apr 23:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Hummels closer
- 24 Apr 22:59 ITALY/ ROMA, Toloi and Bastos could leave
- 24 Apr 22:39 FRANCE/ MONACO, Conte unlikely to join
- 24 Apr 22:20 ITALY/ LAZIO, Three names for the bench
- 24 Apr 22:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Interest for Cuadrado confirmed
- 24 Apr 21:37 ITALY/ TORINO, Idea Silva
- 24 Apr 21:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, De Sciglio is not a priority
- 24 Apr 20:59 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Back for dos Santos
- 24 Apr 20:39 SPAIN/ GRANADA, Two English clubs after Tottenham
- 24 Apr 20:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL Torino sign Jansson
- 24 Apr 20:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Also Juventus after Morata
- 24 Apr 19:37 ITALY/ LAZIO, Minala likely to renew
- 24 Apr 19:17 PORTUGAL/ BRAGA, Auction for Rafa Silva
- 24 Apr 18:59 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Lead for Tajti
- 24 Apr 18:39 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Also Newcastle after Djuric
- 24 Apr 18:20 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Sosa could be signed on permanent basis
- 24 Apr 18:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Idea Angella
- 24 Apr 17:45 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Also Borussia after Mustafi
- 24 Apr 17:30 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Sasha renews with Internacional
- 24 Apr 17:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Offer for Candreva ready
- 24 Apr 17:00 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Uchida likely to renew
- 24 Apr 16:44 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "The team has found its identity "
- 24 Apr 16:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Wolfsburg, Ivica Olic pens new deal
- 24 Apr 16:02 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Arrives the young Vermijl
- 24 Apr 15:44 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hoffenheim, Beck extended until 2017
- 24 Apr 15:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04: Duel to AC Milan, United and Tottenham for Paletta
- 24 Apr 15:15 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Attempt for Welbeck ready
- 24 Apr 15:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, A Russian rival towards Calhanoglu
- 24 Apr 14:45 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Timo Horn as a possible heir Weidenfeller
- 24 Apr 14:32 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Set to move for David Luiz after transfer ban lifted
- 24 Apr 14:15 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Jung and Sorg are the new targets
- 24 Apr 13:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger is planning a huge summer spending spree
- 24 Apr 13:47 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Roy Keane to assist Louis van Gaal
- 24 Apr 13:31 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Thinking about players for replacing Tim Krul
- 24 Apr 13:14 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Monaco offering Riviere
- 24 Apr 13:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Keità announces: "I won't move"
- 24 Apr 12:45 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir in Madrid: working on Morata
- 24 Apr 12:33 BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola. "Team showed a lot of strength against Real"
- 24 Apr 12:16 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Cristiano made an effort to play"
- 24 Apr 12:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "The tie is still open. There are 90 hard minutes still to play in Munich"
- 24 Apr 11:45 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "It was a special night. Bayern are a great team"
- 24 Apr 11:30 BAYERN MUNICH, Robben: "I expected a little bit more from Madrid"
- 24 Apr 11:15 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Close in on PSG star Cavani
- 24 Apr 11:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, A Premier League suitor for Cleverley
- 24 Apr 10:45 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Galvez about to be announced
Set to leave Parma on an about 13 million euros payment and already tracked hard by AC Milan, Manchester United and Tottenham, Italian international centre-back Gabriel Paletta (28), according to gianlucadimarzio.com, has become a primary target also for Schalke 04....
Interviewed by Mediaset before the game against Benfica, Juventus Chief Executive Giuseppe Marotta has declared: "We also have to be...
Interviewed by cittaceleste.it, Dejan Rakitic, brother and agent of Sevilla FC midfielder Ivan Rakitic, has declared: "He is admired in...
Napoli full back Pablo Armero, actually on loan at West Ham, has declared: "The truth is I feel very happy here in England and at West Ham....
Interviewed by Kicker, SC Freiburg Sports Director Jochen Saier has declared about 23 year old striker Admir Mehmedi, actually on loan from...
Interviewed by L'Equipe, Monaco forward Dimitar Berbatov has declared: "My future? At the moment everything is fine, I play and score....