INTER, Mudingayi: "I did have a slight muscle problem"
27.07.2012 19.30 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Gabi Mudingayi spoke to journalists in the conference room at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti today, accompanied by managing director Marco Fassone and sporting director Piero Ausilio.
Managing director Fassone introduced the new Inter midfield player to journalists: "On behalf of everyone at the club, I'd like to officially welcome Mudingayi here. He's a player that the club and in particular the coach really wanted to sign. He's the finishing touch to our midfield and brings invaluable experience with him, having already played 200 games in Serie A. Gabi's arrival will give the side an extra boost in quality and it also confirms the current strategy of the club, that of integrating young players into a squad that is already packed with experienced players and with champions who have contributed towards writing the history of Inter."
Then it was time for the player to speak: "I'm very excited because finally being able to play for a club of this stature is an important step for me. I have to admit that I'd given up hope: I've always worked hard in a bid to play for a club such as Inter. When I say that I'll put my heart and soul into this, that's exactly what I'll do: players always have to give their all here, and there will never be any lack of effort on my part. For me, Inter is a new starting point. I'd like to play as many games as possible and, why not, perhaps even end my career here."
The 30-year-old has midfielder has been an Inter player for just seven days now, but it's "still always exciting to actually walk into a dressing room like Inter's", Mudingayi explained. Then, talking about which position he'd like to play, he added: "I'm here and willing to be at the complete disposal of the coach and the rest of the squad. Irrespective of which role I'm asked to play, I'll always try to give my all. I've spoken to Stramaccioni, I'm training and he's keeping an eye on me. It'll be up to him to decide where to play me."
The link with a move to Inter, the phone call, the wait and then signing his contract, on 20 July. Mudingayi spoke about his feelings during that wait: "As soon as I found out Inter were interested in me, I immediately told my agent that I wanted to come here. I didn't even take any notice of the rumours linking me to other clubs. That was a tough week, as I absolutely and categorically wanted to come here. But not because I was afraid of anything else. I wanted to get to know my team-mates, to familiarise myself with things here and to start preparing for the season. Was I afraid I would face charges relating to calcio-scommesse? No, I've been very calm about the situation right from the start, because I'm only helping police with their enquiries. I haven't been charged. I've always been very calm about the situation."
Speaking about his current team-mates, or new signings that may yet join him: "I'm working with everyone and I'm settling in well. During the friendly against Como I played alongside Guarin. Cambiasso has a lot of experience and I can learn a lot from him, even though I'm not that young any more. I've been in Italy almost 10 years now and I know Serie A well. I repeat, I'll give my all. That's the only promise I can make at the moment. Playing alongside champions such as Snejider and Milito is a tremendous joy for me. I'll do a lot of hard grafting for them. I don't have footballing heroes, although there are a lot of players I've always enjoyed watching and have respect for, such as Makelele."
On the probable departures of Julio Cesar, Pazzini and Maicon, the midfielder said: "I'd be sorry to see them leave as they're true champions, but I don't know anything about players who may be leaving or signing. All I can say is that there's a fantastic squad here and everyone has made me feel welcome. Which Primavera players have impressed me most? All of them! They all work hard and I can see they really want to make something of their careers."
And to those who asked him whether he would advise former Bologna team-mate Gaston Ramirez to sign for Inter, he replied: "If he has the chance to sign for Inter, he shouldn't even think twice about it! He's still a young player but he has a lot of skill and ability and, were he to come here, he'd learn a lot. He's already shown he's a player with a lot of quality."
Finally, Mudingayi cleared up the issue about his fitness: "I did have a slight muscle problem and I didn't leave for pre-season training with Bologna. But I've trained and worked during the entire summer break. I'll continue to do that here, even harder. I'm ready and I've got a tremendous desire to do my bit."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 24 Nov 11:59 JUVENTUS, Chiellini: "City will be aggressive. Dybala is developing into a very fine player, technique-wise"
- 20 Nov 00:00 AC MILAN, Donnarumma: "Being compared to Buffon is an honour, he's the all-time best"
- 19 Nov 16:30 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "I'm not surprised Premier League are tracking him"
- 18 Nov 17:30 JUVENTUS, Morata: "At Paris it was a terrible tragedy"
- 16 Nov 10:36 ITALY/ JUVE, Pogba will leave and join Barcelona, according to FIFA agent Bronzetti
- 15 Nov 17:00 AS ROMA, Garcia on Paris attacks: "Let's all stay close against such tragedies"
- 09 Nov 18:00 ITALY, Conte: "Pirlo may not make Italy Euro 2016 squad"
- 09 Nov 17:49 ITALY/ AC MILAN, For the midfield observing Maher
- 09 Nov 15:40 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We are proud of what we are achieving"
- 06 Nov 00:05 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "I will do the best that I can to support Mancini and Inter. Scudetto? We will see"
- 05 Nov 22:04 INTER, Deschamps: "Difficult situation for Kondogbia at Inter"
- 05 Nov 08:29 AS ROMA, Nainggolan: "Good victory over Leverkusen, but we need to improve defence-wise"
- 04 Nov 05:57 EXCLUSIVE - Cristiano Zanetti: "Inter is favourite for Scudetto, injuries will make the difference. Mancini understands all game situations"
- 03 Nov 14:13 ITALY, Summit Thohir-Berlusconi, the topics
- 03 Nov 07:59 INTER, Mancini: "Scudetto? We'll think about that later"
- 02 Nov 20:39 AC MILAN, Bertolacci: tear of the rectus femoris muscle in his left thigh
- 02 Nov 18:27 AC MILAN, Antonelli: "We knew Lazio's wide-men are the league's best. A very good moment for us"
- 01 Nov 22:00 TORINO, Bad news from the infirmary: Maksimovic's return delayed
- 29 Oct 09:57 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Sassuolo disaster: "No excuse for our approach, I'm really disappointed. All of us are to blame"
- 28 Oct 07:30 INTER, Handanovic: "My save on Destro? That's simply my job. But we need to work on our mentality and approach"
- 27 Oct 06:00 INTER, Mancini: "Besides Fiorentina unfortunate game, we showed to be defensively solid"
- 26 Oct 21:35 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini: "Icardi will rediscover goalscoring form"
- 26 Oct 14:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "We played almost perfectly against Chievo"
- 26 Oct 09:47 JUVENTUS, Pereyra could stop for 20 days
- 24 Oct 04:08 ITALY/ JUVE, Marotta: "Draxler chose money over Juventus"
- 22 Oct 20:30 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: " At Inter I played one and half season, but I couldn't keep the continuity "
- 22 Oct 13:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Walcott: "The secret to beating Bayern"
- 21 Oct 08:59 AS ROMA, Pjanic on 4-4 draw at Leverkusen: "A real shame, we shouldn't have conceded them that much"
- 20 Oct 10:27 AS ROMA, Florenzi: "Happy to have drawn more attention on me after the goal against Barça"
- 20 Oct 05:23 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "We have built a good squad and our objective for this year is to get back into the Champions"
- 19 Oct 13:15 ITALY, Ancelotti: "I would never coach Inter"
- 19 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Marchisio: "Important point against Inter. We are not giving up on Scudetto"
- 16 Oct 20:33 INTER, Mancini: "Some things have changed from my first time here"
- 16 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Khedira: "Now Italian league is thrilling for us. In a way, that's a good thing"
- 15 Oct 06:00 LAZIO, Club M.D. on De Vrij: "We hope we can avoid knee surgery"
- 14 Oct 19:02 AC MILAN, Calabria: "Proud to represent Italy Under-21s"
- 14 Oct 09:53 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Signed the young Di Massimo
- 14 Oct 06:00 INTER, Alex Telles looks forward to Juventus clash: "We are prepared, and we can win. Things might change a lot after next weekend"
- 12 Oct 07:57 JUVENTUS, Medical report on Morata: no fractures
- 10 Oct 00:00 INTER, Montoya's agent: "He will stay"
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Nedved: "I don't see Morata in another club"
- 07 Oct 11:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Also Valencia are battling to sign Victor Valdes
- 07 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He has never asked to leave"
- 06 Oct 00:00 INTER, Dimarco's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 05 Oct 00:00 AC MILAN, Mihajlovic: "I won't resign"
- 04 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "I will stay for some more seasons, then.."
- 03 Oct 06:00 INTER, Vidic's agent: "Nothing true about DC United's interest"
- 02 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "Too early to talk about my new contract"
- 01 Oct 13:27 JUVENTUS, Morata after triumph over FC Seville: "Delighted for victory more than for my goal. I really enjoy working with Dybala"
- 01 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Vecino: "I am very happy in Florence"
- 30 Sep 06:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "I would have liked to play in England"
- 29 Sep 19:58 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner will miss the Group D meeting with Sevilla
- 29 Sep 19:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - AS ROMA: "Vital game against BATE. No problem playing in Keita's usual position, if I'm needed there"
- 29 Sep 16:46 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Disciplinary action against Caceres: suspension from the first team
- 29 Sep 13:30 CHAMPIONS, Bate-Roma: Possible lineups Roma boss Garcia set for 100th game in charge
- 29 Sep 06:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 28 Sep 13:59 Roll with the exes - FROSINONE v EMPOLI: the only one is a very recent one
- 28 Sep 10:37 Roll with the exes - ATALANTA v SAMPDORIA: One for each team, both Paraguayan
- 28 Sep 00:00 BOLOGNA, Corvino: "Rossi will stay"
- 26 Sep 23:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, TORINO v PALERMO: several ones, Belotti is the most recent
- 26 Sep 21:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, SASSUOLO v CHIEVO VERONA: one captain and icon among
- 26 Sep 15:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, NAPOLI v JUVENTUS: the only real one is a manager
- 26 Sep 11:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, AS ROMA v CARPI: a veteran Giallorossi striker in between
- 24 Sep 13:00 Roll with the exes - EMPOLI v ATALANTA: One for each squad
- 23 Sep 23:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Matchday 5 failure: "We weren't careful enough on Frosinone corner kick"
- 23 Sep 16:00 Roll with the exes - LAZIO v GENOA: two important offensive players in the spotlight
- 23 Sep 13:17 Roll with the exes - SAMPDORIA v AS ROMA: once Giallorossi star
- 23 Sep 12:00 Roll with the exes - INTER v HELLAS VERONA: a former big scorer among
- 23 Sep 10:59 Roll with the exes - JUVENTUS v FROSINONE: all on greenhorns side
- 22 Sep 01:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's coach: "Agreement for his new deal"
- 19 Sep 12:00 AC MILAN v PALERMO, Matchday 4 Special Preview - Nocerino is not the only ex
- 19 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I want to win with this club"
- 18 Sep 13:45 GENOA v JUVENTUS, Special Preview - Sturaro is the recent moving jewel
- 18 Sep 00:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - AS ROMA (Group E), scorer of the highlight goal Florenzi: "It will be one of my best football memories"
- 17 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "Relaxed about my new contract"
- 16 Sep 14:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - JUVENTUS (Group D), Morata: "When we play as we know to, we're among the best teams in Europe"
- 16 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Strinic's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 15 Sep 16:39 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - MANCHESTER CITY v JUVENTUS (Group D): Fernando from the kick-off
- 15 Sep 08:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He has 99,9% chances to renew"
- 14 Sep 07:00 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "This is the Balotelli we always want to see"
- 11 Sep 08:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 10 Sep 08:00 PALERMO, Gilardino: "I thought I was going to stay at Fiorentina"
- 10 Sep 01:17 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: "We need to start winning immediately. I'll be the offensive midfielder Allegri wants"
- 09 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Morganella: "Happy to have renewed"
- 08 Sep 11:12 INTER, Perisic: "Ditching Wolfsburg for Inter was easy"
- 07 Sep 16:30 AC MILAN, Once more Bad Boy Balotelli: driving license suspended
- 07 Sep 15:15 AS ROMA, Medical tests for Pjanic
- 07 Sep 11:39 LAZIO, De Vrij injured playing for Dutch NT
- 05 Sep 00:00 TORINO, Glik: "I never asked to leave"
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "We've been in talks for Hamsik"
- 02 Sep 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We were hoping to obtain Witsel on loan"
- 31 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I expect something from the transfer market"
- 30 Aug 10:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra won't join"
- 28 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Nothing true about Ibrahimovic"
- 27 Aug 08:00 INTER, Brozovic: "OL? I am happy here"
- 21 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Amauri's agent: "I don't think he will leave"
- 20 Aug 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Perisic could join"
- 25 Nov 16:00 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Van Gaal on Robben
- 25 Nov 15:31 FRANCE/ PSG, To plot mega-Ronaldo deal
- 25 Nov 15:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, A Serie A suitor for Strinic
- 25 Nov 14:27 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Suggestion for Cigarini
- 25 Nov 13:57 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, 2 Ligue 1 important suitors for Mirallas
- 25 Nov 13:29 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Van Basten could help AC Milan signing De Roon
- 25 Nov 12:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, O'Sullivan renews for Blackburn
- 25 Nov 12:30 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Planning to sign Biabiany on loan from Inter
- 25 Nov 12:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Attempt for Inler if Witsel remains a dream
- 25 Nov 11:27 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Doneil Henry joins Rovers back from West Ham
- 25 Nov 10:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Plan for Papu Gomez
- 25 Nov 10:29 FRANCE/ RENNES, 3 Bundesliga clubs on Grosicki
- 25 Nov 09:59 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Lisandro Lopez's agent: "Benfica-Fiorentina swap involving Suarez? I don't know if that can happen"
- 25 Nov 09:44 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger hopeful his side can get the result needed in Greece to progress
- 25 Nov 09:30 ENGLAND/ NORWICH CITY, Offer to Ohéme for N'Koulou ready
- 25 Nov 09:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Marotta decides: 25 million euros recompra right on Berardi to be used
- 25 Nov 08:59 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, Barcelona and Bayern through as group winners after comfortable victorie
- 25 Nov 08:52 ITALY/ LAZIO, Tare extended until 2018
- 25 Nov 03:00 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Seedorf as a name if McClaren gets sacked
- 25 Nov 02:27 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Meeting for signing Pato
- 25 Nov 01:57 BAYERN MUNICH & SCHALKE 04, Observing Colombian talent Cardona
- 25 Nov 01:29 ENGLAND/ WBA, Eyes on Nampalys Mendy
- 25 Nov 00:59 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, José Castro: "We are negotiating with Banega on renewal"
- 25 Nov 00:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Maxi Lopez renews for Torino
- 25 Nov 00:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Back for Isco
- 24 Nov 22:20 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Torino, suggestion for Leonardo Sanchez
- 24 Nov 20:40 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Udinese approaching Yony Gonzalez
- 24 Nov 19:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Arlind Ajeti joins Frosinone
- 24 Nov 18:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Stuttgart fire Zorniger
- 24 Nov 16:27 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, From UK: offer for Perotti submitted
- 24 Nov 15:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, 3 more suitors for Rebic's loan
- 24 Nov 15:29 PSG, Thiago Motta: "Now I know I want to stay. Ibra knows there are a lot of important players here. Our goal? Winning CL"
- 24 Nov 14:59 FRANCE/ PSG, Planning to yield Ongenda
- 24 Nov 14:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Bradley's agent: "He'd like to join back Italy, even for a test period"
- 24 Nov 14:00 BRAZIL/ GREMIO, Willing to sign Felipe from Hannover
- 24 Nov 13:27 MANCHESTER UNITED, De Gea on Red Devils good moment: "Steady CL route after first defeat. Depay will bring a lot to us against PSV"
- 24 Nov 12:57 REAL MADRID, Florentino Perez after Clásico failure: "We believe in Benitez's work, and CR7 has nothing against him"
- 24 Nov 12:29 SCHALKE 04, Max Meyer: "Shame we couldn't hold draw against Bayern. Now no confidence issue, we can defeat APOEL and Leverkusen"
- 24 Nov 11:59 JUVENTUS, Chiellini: "City will be aggressive. Dybala is developing into a very fine player, technique-wise"
- 24 Nov 11:30 ITALY/ LAZIO, Landing Douglas from Dnipro
- 24 Nov 11:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Suggestion for Ogbonna
- 24 Nov 10:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mario Rui renews for Empoli
- 24 Nov 09:00 STUTTGART & PADERBORN 07, Scouting Owase
- 24 Nov 00:00 BARÇA & PSG, Dreaming of Dybala. But chances now are none
- 23 Nov 23:28 FRANCE/ LORIENT, A Premier League suitor for Moukandjo
- 23 Nov 22:59 ITALY/ INTER, In touch with Van Der Wiel for January
- 23 Nov 22:30 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Landing Baby Face Koziello from Nice
- 23 Nov 22:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juventus challenge Fiorentina on Marlon
- 23 Nov 21:27 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, From France: survey on Pastore
- 23 Nov 20:57 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Luis Enrique approaches Pjanic: summer move ready
Louis van Gaal has denied reports that he is looking to sign Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben.
“If I answer that question, then you are writing [United are trying to sign] Robben, what you have written about Ronaldo and that I didn’t say,” the Manchester Uni
Looking forward to Champions League Matchday 5 home game against Manchester City, which might allow Juventus to qualify for eighth finals, Bianconeri
Attending a long press conference, Real Madrid owner Florentino Perez widely commented upon Rafa Benitez's position stability as Merengues manager
On a good route after a difficult start, Manchester United could now get Champiosn League eighth finals pass with one group round turn in advance, now
Interviewed by Maxifoot.fr, Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta stated: "My renewal with PSG? I've always been honest with the c
Scorer of the temporary equalizing goal in last Bundesliga match againt Bayern Munich, which in the end won 3-1 at Veltins-Arena, Schalke 04 risi