INTER, Mudingayi: "I did have a slight muscle problem"
27.07.2012 19.30 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Gabi Mudingayi spoke to journalists in the conference room at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti today, accompanied by managing director Marco Fassone and sporting director Piero Ausilio.
Managing director Fassone introduced the new Inter midfield player to journalists: "On behalf of everyone at the club, I'd like to officially welcome Mudingayi here. He's a player that the club and in particular the coach really wanted to sign. He's the finishing touch to our midfield and brings invaluable experience with him, having already played 200 games in Serie A. Gabi's arrival will give the side an extra boost in quality and it also confirms the current strategy of the club, that of integrating young players into a squad that is already packed with experienced players and with champions who have contributed towards writing the history of Inter."
Then it was time for the player to speak: "I'm very excited because finally being able to play for a club of this stature is an important step for me. I have to admit that I'd given up hope: I've always worked hard in a bid to play for a club such as Inter. When I say that I'll put my heart and soul into this, that's exactly what I'll do: players always have to give their all here, and there will never be any lack of effort on my part. For me, Inter is a new starting point. I'd like to play as many games as possible and, why not, perhaps even end my career here."
The 30-year-old has midfielder has been an Inter player for just seven days now, but it's "still always exciting to actually walk into a dressing room like Inter's", Mudingayi explained. Then, talking about which position he'd like to play, he added: "I'm here and willing to be at the complete disposal of the coach and the rest of the squad. Irrespective of which role I'm asked to play, I'll always try to give my all. I've spoken to Stramaccioni, I'm training and he's keeping an eye on me. It'll be up to him to decide where to play me."
The link with a move to Inter, the phone call, the wait and then signing his contract, on 20 July. Mudingayi spoke about his feelings during that wait: "As soon as I found out Inter were interested in me, I immediately told my agent that I wanted to come here. I didn't even take any notice of the rumours linking me to other clubs. That was a tough week, as I absolutely and categorically wanted to come here. But not because I was afraid of anything else. I wanted to get to know my team-mates, to familiarise myself with things here and to start preparing for the season. Was I afraid I would face charges relating to calcio-scommesse? No, I've been very calm about the situation right from the start, because I'm only helping police with their enquiries. I haven't been charged. I've always been very calm about the situation."
Speaking about his current team-mates, or new signings that may yet join him: "I'm working with everyone and I'm settling in well. During the friendly against Como I played alongside Guarin. Cambiasso has a lot of experience and I can learn a lot from him, even though I'm not that young any more. I've been in Italy almost 10 years now and I know Serie A well. I repeat, I'll give my all. That's the only promise I can make at the moment. Playing alongside champions such as Snejider and Milito is a tremendous joy for me. I'll do a lot of hard grafting for them. I don't have footballing heroes, although there are a lot of players I've always enjoyed watching and have respect for, such as Makelele."
On the probable departures of Julio Cesar, Pazzini and Maicon, the midfielder said: "I'd be sorry to see them leave as they're true champions, but I don't know anything about players who may be leaving or signing. All I can say is that there's a fantastic squad here and everyone has made me feel welcome. Which Primavera players have impressed me most? All of them! They all work hard and I can see they really want to make something of their careers."
And to those who asked him whether he would advise former Bologna team-mate Gaston Ramirez to sign for Inter, he replied: "If he has the chance to sign for Inter, he shouldn't even think twice about it! He's still a young player but he has a lot of skill and ability and, were he to come here, he'd learn a lot. He's already shown he's a player with a lot of quality."
Finally, Mudingayi cleared up the issue about his fitness: "I did have a slight muscle problem and I didn't leave for pre-season training with Bologna. But I've trained and worked during the entire summer break. I'll continue to do that here, even harder. I'm ready and I've got a tremendous desire to do my bit."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Nedved: "I don't see Morata in another club"
- 07 Oct 11:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Also Valencia are battling to sign Victor Valdes
- 07 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He has never asked to leave"
- 06 Oct 00:00 INTER, Dimarco's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 05 Oct 00:00 AC MILAN, Mihajlovic: "I won't resign"
- 04 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "I will stay for some more seasons, then.."
- 03 Oct 06:00 INTER, Vidic's agent: "Nothing true about DC United's interest"
- 02 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "Too early to talk about my new contract"
- 01 Oct 13:27 JUVENTUS, Morata after triumph over FC Seville: "Delighted for victory more than for my goal. I really enjoy working with Dybala"
- 01 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Vecino: "I am very happy in Florence"
- 30 Sep 06:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "I would have liked to play in England"
- 29 Sep 19:58 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner will miss the Group D meeting with Sevilla
- 29 Sep 19:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - AS ROMA: "Vital game against BATE. No problem playing in Keita's usual position, if I'm needed there"
- 29 Sep 16:46 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Disciplinary action against Caceres: suspension from the first team
- 29 Sep 13:30 CHAMPIONS, Bate-Roma: Possible lineups Roma boss Garcia set for 100th game in charge
- 29 Sep 06:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 28 Sep 13:59 Roll with the exes - FROSINONE v EMPOLI: the only one is a very recent one
- 28 Sep 10:37 Roll with the exes - ATALANTA v SAMPDORIA: One for each team, both Paraguayan
- 28 Sep 00:00 BOLOGNA, Corvino: "Rossi will stay"
- 26 Sep 23:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, TORINO v PALERMO: several ones, Belotti is the most recent
- 26 Sep 21:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, SASSUOLO v CHIEVO VERONA: one captain and icon among
- 26 Sep 15:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, NAPOLI v JUVENTUS: the only real one is a manager
- 26 Sep 11:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, AS ROMA v CARPI: a veteran Giallorossi striker in between
- 24 Sep 13:00 Roll with the exes - EMPOLI v ATALANTA: One for each squad
- 23 Sep 23:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Matchday 5 failure: "We weren't careful enough on Frosinone corner kick"
- 23 Sep 16:00 Roll with the exes - LAZIO v GENOA: two important offensive players in the spotlight
- 23 Sep 13:17 Roll with the exes - SAMPDORIA v AS ROMA: once Giallorossi star
- 23 Sep 12:00 Roll with the exes - INTER v HELLAS VERONA: a former big scorer among
- 23 Sep 10:59 Roll with the exes - JUVENTUS v FROSINONE: all on greenhorns side
- 22 Sep 01:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's coach: "Agreement for his new deal"
- 19 Sep 12:00 AC MILAN v PALERMO, Matchday 4 Special Preview - Nocerino is not the only ex
- 19 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I want to win with this club"
- 18 Sep 13:45 GENOA v JUVENTUS, Special Preview - Sturaro is the recent moving jewel
- 18 Sep 00:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - AS ROMA (Group E), scorer of the highlight goal Florenzi: "It will be one of my best football memories"
- 17 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "Relaxed about my new contract"
- 16 Sep 14:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - JUVENTUS (Group D), Morata: "When we play as we know to, we're among the best teams in Europe"
- 16 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Strinic's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 15 Sep 16:39 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - MANCHESTER CITY v JUVENTUS (Group D): Fernando from the kick-off
- 15 Sep 08:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He has 99,9% chances to renew"
- 14 Sep 07:00 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "This is the Balotelli we always want to see"
- 11 Sep 08:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 10 Sep 08:00 PALERMO, Gilardino: "I thought I was going to stay at Fiorentina"
- 10 Sep 01:17 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: "We need to start winning immediately. I'll be the offensive midfielder Allegri wants"
- 09 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Morganella: "Happy to have renewed"
- 08 Sep 11:12 INTER, Perisic: "Ditching Wolfsburg for Inter was easy"
- 07 Sep 16:30 AC MILAN, Once more Bad Boy Balotelli: driving license suspended
- 07 Sep 15:15 AS ROMA, Medical tests for Pjanic
- 07 Sep 11:39 LAZIO, De Vrij injured playing for Dutch NT
- 05 Sep 00:00 TORINO, Glik: "I never asked to leave"
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "We've been in talks for Hamsik"
- 02 Sep 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We were hoping to obtain Witsel on loan"
- 31 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I expect something from the transfer market"
- 30 Aug 10:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra won't join"
- 28 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Nothing true about Ibrahimovic"
- 27 Aug 08:00 INTER, Brozovic: "OL? I am happy here"
- 21 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Amauri's agent: "I don't think he will leave"
- 20 Aug 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Perisic could join"
- 19 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Maksimovic won't join Napoli"
- 14 Aug 08:00 ATALANTA, Cigarini's agent: "No contacts with FiorentinaŁ
- 13 Aug 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra? Difficult"
- 12 Aug 00:00 PALERMO, Milanović's agent: "He won't stay"
- 11 Aug 00:00 AS ROMA, Castan: "I will stay"
- 10 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We are about to sign Romagnoli"
- 09 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "No problems with Higuain"
- 08 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "My future? Everything can happen"
- 07 Aug 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I am happy here"
- 06 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Nothing new about Romagnoli"
- 05 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "If we'll receive an offer for Maksimovic..."
- 04 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 03 Aug 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 00:00 INTER, Taider's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 31 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Negredo: "I want to stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon's agent: "No contacts with Chelsea"
- 30 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 29 Jul 00:00 ATALANTA, Sartori: "Denis will stay"
- 28 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Draxler? There's no hurry"
- 27 Jul 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "Real were after me, but I asked to stay"
- 25 Jul 12:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic: "Happy to stay"
- 24 Jul 09:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Colo Colo? I have a contract, we'll see"
- 23 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "We don't want to sell anybody"
- 22 Jul 06:00 AC MILAN, Menez's agent: "He will stay for sure"
- 18 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli? Juve want to keep him"
- 17 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "We're seeking a forward"
- 14 Jul 13:45 JUVENTUS, Tevez's transfer to Boca Juniors sums and details disclosed
- 13 Jul 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are observing Salah's situation"
- 11 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Angelozzi: "We are not after El Kaddouri"
- 10 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Berardi's agent: "He won't join Juve before 2016"
- 09 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Sepe's agent: "He could join Fiorentina"
- 08 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Vrsaljko's agent: "We are waiting for Napoli"
- 06 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Peres' agent: "Ready for a great club"
- 02 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Gargano's agent: "Monterrey is not his only option"
- 01 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "Next week a decision about his future"
- 30 Jun 00:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "Five clubs after him"
- 27 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 26 Jun 00:00 INTER, Shaqiri: "I am not leaving"
- 25 Jun 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "No contacts with Fenerbahçe"
- 24 Jun 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro: "Nothing true about Monaco"
- 09 Oct 20:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Tracking Ranocchia
- 09 Oct 20:23 ITALY/ JUVE, The club target PSG star
- 09 Oct 19:39 ITALY/ JUVE, Eye on Ajax starlets
- 09 Oct 19:18 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Ac Milan wants Moussa Sissoko
- 09 Oct 18:57 ENGLAND/ QPR, Swindon sign Gladwin on loan
- 09 Oct 18:44 ENGLAND/ LEEDS UNITED, Lee Erwin has joined Bury
- 09 Oct 18:30 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Pradé plans January moves
- 09 Oct 18:10 ENGLAND/ ROTHERHAM, confirmed the appointment of Neil Redfearn
- 09 Oct 17:55 ITALY/ NAPOLi, Callejon: "I wanted to leave, Sarri persuaded me to stay"
- 09 Oct 17:53 GERMANY/ BAYER MUNICH, Gotze out 3 months
- 09 Oct 17:00 ITALY/ INTER, Feghouli the first market target
- 09 Oct 17:00 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - As Roma: test for the young Sherri
- 09 Oct 13:59 Euro 2016 Qualifying, France, Benzema: "Maybe my critics like me too much!"
- 09 Oct 13:43 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Eye on Buitink
- 09 Oct 13:32 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ayre: "Klopp appointment proves owners' ambition"
- 09 Oct 12:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp: "Or we will win a title in four years - or I'm going to Switzerland!"
- 09 Oct 12:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp: "I'm the normal one"
- 09 Oct 12:47 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, want to sign Sadio Mane
- 09 Oct 12:46 ENGLAND/ BARCELONA, Eye ex Reds star
- 09 Oct 12:36 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp: "Market? I'm not an idiot, I'll have the first and last word"
- 09 Oct 12:35 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, PHOTO: Jürgen Klopp poses with Ian Ayre and Tom Werner
- 09 Oct 09:43 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, put on red alert after long-term target Karim Benzema expressed his disappointment
- 09 Oct 09:40 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, BREAKING NEWS: Reds name coaching duo
- 09 Oct 07:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Vietto out for four weeks
- 09 Oct 06:59 BAYERN, Götze: "Never thought about leaving Bayern"
- 09 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Mustafi's agent: "Bayern are after him"
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 22:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Klopp is Liverpool new manager
- 08 Oct 22:29 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eyes on Zeca
- 08 Oct 21:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea sign Amelia
- 08 Oct 21:22 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ron Smith: "Rodgers never recovered from Suarez sale"
- 08 Oct 21:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I'd not be here If I didn't start to play as defender"
- 08 Oct 20:39 FRANCE/ MONCO, El Shaarawy: "I have found serenity at Monaco"
- 08 Oct 20:15 GERMANY/ BAYER MUNICH, keeping tabs on Shkodran Mustafi
- 08 Oct 19:39 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Messi had been facing an 18-month prison sentence
- 08 Oct 19:15 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Ferguson was my football father"
- 08 Oct 18:47 ENGLAND/ TOTTENAHM, Alli is preparing for a surprise England debut
- 08 Oct 18:18 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Gimnasia La Plata: pro deal for Noble
- 08 Oct 18:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Eye on Karius
- 08 Oct 17:45 ENGLAND, Manchester United fan Usain Bolt forced to wear Arsenal shirt
- 08 Oct 17:40 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Caen: Imorou extends until 2019
- 08 Oct 17:22 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Taken 15-year old Swedish prospect Kimpioka
- 08 Oct 17:16 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL ,To hold new conference tomorrow at 10am
- 08 Oct 17:13 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, expecting to extend defender Jason Denayer's loan
- 08 Oct 16:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Can: "No regrets joining reds"
- 08 Oct 16:44 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC BILBAO, Laporte cools United talk
- 08 Oct 16:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Doubts over Barca's Nolito move
- 08 Oct 16:14 ITALY/ JUVE, Line up €20M Cuadrado deal
- 08 Oct 15:58 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, McAllister will leave his position with first-team squad
- 08 Oct 15:44 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Eye Sissoko Swoop
Jurgen Klopp faced the media for the first time since becoming Liverpool manager and declared himself "the normal one".
A highly-anticipated introduction did not disappoint as Klopp vowed to turn "the doubters to believers", said he would have "the fir
Interviewed by FcInterNews.it, Miroslav Bicanic, agent of Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, has declared: "Marcelo is an Inter player, he&
Interviewed by Gestiona Radio Valencia, Ali Bulur, agent of Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi, has declared: "It's true, Bayern are watching
Kia Joorabchian, agent of Liverpool attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho, has declared: "Reports that I have been talking to Real Madrid about
Interviewed by France Football, PSG winger Lucas Moura has declared: "My life here is wonderful, I'm happy here. At the beginning it was diff
Interviewed by the Süddeutsche Zeitung, Bayern Munich attacking midfielder Mario Götze has declared: "I never thought about leaving las