INTER, Mudingayi: "I did have a slight muscle problem"
27.07.2012 17.30 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Gabi Mudingayi spoke to journalists in the conference room at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti today, accompanied by managing director Marco Fassone and sporting director Piero Ausilio.
Managing director Fassone introduced the new Inter midfield player to journalists: "On behalf of everyone at the club, I'd like to officially welcome Mudingayi here. He's a player that the club and in particular the coach really wanted to sign. He's the finishing touch to our midfield and brings invaluable experience with him, having already played 200 games in Serie A. Gabi's arrival will give the side an extra boost in quality and it also confirms the current strategy of the club, that of integrating young players into a squad that is already packed with experienced players and with champions who have contributed towards writing the history of Inter."
Then it was time for the player to speak: "I'm very excited because finally being able to play for a club of this stature is an important step for me. I have to admit that I'd given up hope: I've always worked hard in a bid to play for a club such as Inter. When I say that I'll put my heart and soul into this, that's exactly what I'll do: players always have to give their all here, and there will never be any lack of effort on my part. For me, Inter is a new starting point. I'd like to play as many games as possible and, why not, perhaps even end my career here."
The 30-year-old has midfielder has been an Inter player for just seven days now, but it's "still always exciting to actually walk into a dressing room like Inter's", Mudingayi explained. Then, talking about which position he'd like to play, he added: "I'm here and willing to be at the complete disposal of the coach and the rest of the squad. Irrespective of which role I'm asked to play, I'll always try to give my all. I've spoken to Stramaccioni, I'm training and he's keeping an eye on me. It'll be up to him to decide where to play me."
The link with a move to Inter, the phone call, the wait and then signing his contract, on 20 July. Mudingayi spoke about his feelings during that wait: "As soon as I found out Inter were interested in me, I immediately told my agent that I wanted to come here. I didn't even take any notice of the rumours linking me to other clubs. That was a tough week, as I absolutely and categorically wanted to come here. But not because I was afraid of anything else. I wanted to get to know my team-mates, to familiarise myself with things here and to start preparing for the season. Was I afraid I would face charges relating to calcio-scommesse? No, I've been very calm about the situation right from the start, because I'm only helping police with their enquiries. I haven't been charged. I've always been very calm about the situation."
Speaking about his current team-mates, or new signings that may yet join him: "I'm working with everyone and I'm settling in well. During the friendly against Como I played alongside Guarin. Cambiasso has a lot of experience and I can learn a lot from him, even though I'm not that young any more. I've been in Italy almost 10 years now and I know Serie A well. I repeat, I'll give my all. That's the only promise I can make at the moment. Playing alongside champions such as Snejider and Milito is a tremendous joy for me. I'll do a lot of hard grafting for them. I don't have footballing heroes, although there are a lot of players I've always enjoyed watching and have respect for, such as Makelele."
On the probable departures of Julio Cesar, Pazzini and Maicon, the midfielder said: "I'd be sorry to see them leave as they're true champions, but I don't know anything about players who may be leaving or signing. All I can say is that there's a fantastic squad here and everyone has made me feel welcome. Which Primavera players have impressed me most? All of them! They all work hard and I can see they really want to make something of their careers."
And to those who asked him whether he would advise former Bologna team-mate Gaston Ramirez to sign for Inter, he replied: "If he has the chance to sign for Inter, he shouldn't even think twice about it! He's still a young player but he has a lot of skill and ability and, were he to come here, he'd learn a lot. He's already shown he's a player with a lot of quality."
Finally, Mudingayi cleared up the issue about his fitness: "I did have a slight muscle problem and I didn't leave for pre-season training with Bologna. But I've trained and worked during the entire summer break. I'll continue to do that here, even harder. I'm ready and I've got a tremendous desire to do my bit."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 18 Apr 15:31 INTER, Walter Mazzarri names a 20-man squad for Parma v Inter
- 18 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "I want to stay"
- 17 Apr 16:44 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "Signing my first contract for the club was an emotional moment "
- 16 Apr 15:57 INTER, Juan Jesus: "Will I go under the knife? No, because it's only the collateral ligament"
- 16 Apr 00:00 UDINESE, Giaretta: "No contacts with Inter for Basta and Danilo"
- 15 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Conte elusive about his future
- 14 Apr 14:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "As when I was a player, I always think about both defending and attacking"
- 14 Apr 11:15 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "Now we can't afford any more slip-ups"
- 11 Apr 23:15 INTER, Guarin: "AC Milan? I signed a new deal to stay at Inter"
- 11 Apr 18:19 AS ROMA, Garcia: "I'd love the season to go on foreve"
- 11 Apr 14:44 JUVENTUS, Isla targets victory against former club in Udine
- 11 Apr 09:31 JUVENTUS,Europa League - Conte: “We deserve our place in the semis”
- 11 Apr 00:00 NAPOLI, Reina: "My future? I haven't decided yet"
- 10 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Wolski: "I want to remain here for a long time"
- 09 Apr 18:44 JUVENTUS, Conte targets “prestigious” spot in Euro semis
- 09 Apr 17:00 AC MILAN, Taarabt: "Seedorf always tells us to respect one another"
- 09 Apr 14:44 JUVENTUS, Caceres out to continue club’s European journey
- 09 Apr 14:30 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "The Scudetto race isn't over yet"
- 09 Apr 00:00 ROMA, Pjanic: "Now I am happy here, but.."
- 08 Apr 17:00 AC MILAN, Bonera: "We'll give everything we have for joining Europe"
- 08 Apr 15:30 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "We haven't been aesthetically flawless, but we showed we are a team"
- 08 Apr 13:30 AC MILAN, Kakà: "Honda was already working well, we are very happy for him"
- 08 Apr 10:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "Honda is improving game by game"
- 08 Apr 09:46 INTER, Hernanes: "This opportunity came at the right moment in my career"
- 08 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Mexes: "I will honor my contract"
- 07 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Keita: "I am not thinking about my contract"
- 06 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Vucinic and Quagliarella away? We'll see"
- 05 Apr 00:00 NAPOLI, Reina: "Honoured by Barcelona interest"
- 04 Apr 19:15 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella: "Growing up I also liked Montella"
- 04 Apr 17:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I want to stay and win something relevant"
- 04 Apr 08:45 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "O.L? A massive win"
- 04 Apr 08:30 JUVENTUS, Conte: "Lads showed the right mentality"
- 04 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are interested in Lacazette"
- 03 Apr 15:00 AC MILAN, Medical report on Essien's injury
- 03 Apr 09:49 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Weidenfeller: "We made things too easy for Madrid"
- 03 Apr 08:52 INTER, Hernanes: "Very few with Mazzarri’s footballing intelligence"
- 03 Apr 00:00 ROMA, Taddei: "I hope to renew, but.."
- 02 Apr 15:58 INTER, Botta: "An honour for me to be able to wear the Nerazzurri shirt"
- 02 Apr 00:00 NAPOLI, Mesto's agent: "Soon the new contract"
- 01 Apr 15:45 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Let’s think exclusively about the league championship"
- 01 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Diakite's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 31 Mar 12:34 INTER, Chivu announce the mutual termination of the contract
- 31 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Neto: "New contract? I am happy in Florence.."
- 30 Mar 06:30 INTER, Ranocchia: "My future? In June we'll see.."
- 29 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "Moving abroad? I am in the right place"
- 28 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN, Taarabt's middleman: "Great chances for him to stay, however..."
- 27 Mar 17:15 AC MILAN, Mexes: "It was fundamental for us to egt the win against Fiorentina"
- 27 Mar 10:15 JUVENTUS, Conte: "We’re the only Italian representative in the hunt for a European trophy"
- 27 Mar 09:08 AC MILAN, Kakà: "We dedicate this win to Claudio Lippi"
- 27 Mar 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Handanovic will stay"
- 18 Apr 15:31 INTER, Walter Mazzarri names a 20-man squad for Parma v Inter
- 18 Apr 15:16 FRANCE/ MARSEILLE, Benjamin Mendy observed by United
- 18 Apr 14:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Arteta: "Admits it is hard to switch off"
- 18 Apr 14:45 ENGLAND/ FULHAM, Heitinga: "I'd like to stay here also in the future"
- 18 Apr 14:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on Ozil: "He experienced some troubles, now he'll improve and improve"
- 18 Apr 14:15 ITALY/ INTER, Campagnaro set to stay
- 18 Apr 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Schmelzer on target
- 18 Apr 13:45 BRAZIL/ CRUZEIRO, Nilton's message to Inter, AC Milan and Valencia: "I'm on a deal here, but I like Europe"
- 18 Apr 13:30 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Carrizo harder to get
- 18 Apr 13:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, More German rivals towards signing Drmic
- 18 Apr 13:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Abel Hernandez is the new name on tabs
- 18 Apr 12:45 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Duel to continental competitors on Stambouli: offer submitted
- 18 Apr 12:30 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Eyes on Cattermole
- 18 Apr 12:15 ITALY/ INTER, Ruben Botta's agent: "Several suitors for him, but Neroazzurri want to hold him"
- 18 Apr 12:00 HULL CITY v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on squad news: "Gibbs will be out"
- 18 Apr 11:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma scout Rafa Silva
- 18 Apr 11:30 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY, Insisting on Olic
- 18 Apr 11:15 ITALY/ GENOA, Suggestion for Cambiasso
- 18 Apr 11:07 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Marco Van Basten is the new AZ Alkmaar
- 18 Apr 11:00 SCOTLAND/ CELTIC, Van Dijk: "I don't want to move"
- 18 Apr 10:45 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Duel to AC Milan and Juventus for Tonny Vilhena
- 18 Apr 10:30 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Approaching Aluko
- 18 Apr 10:15 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, From Germany: 36 million euros needed for Laporte
- 18 Apr 10:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN: Seedorf set to be fired, Inzaghi on the lead position
- 18 Apr 09:45 FRANCE/ O.M., 3 Premier League clubs keen on Romao
- 18 Apr 09:30 TURKEY/ BURSASPOR, Frey calls Fiorentina back
- 18 Apr 09:15 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, From Italy: Allegri will be the new Spurs manager
- 18 Apr 09:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, English youngster Kinsella about to sign his first pro contract
- 18 Apr 08:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Pedro Martins will leave Maritimo after the season ends
- 18 Apr 08:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, America MG sign Thiago Santos
- 18 Apr 07:40 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Brown remains at Carlisle
- 18 Apr 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Season over for Alba
- 18 Apr 06:57 LILLE, Kjaer: "Honored by United's interest"
- 18 Apr 06:39 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "Olic could renew for two years"
- 18 Apr 06:19 SWANSEA, Davies: "Atletico after me? I couldn't believe it"
- 18 Apr 06:00 ESPANYOL, Casilla: "I'm not worried about my future"
- 18 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "I want to stay"
- 17 Apr 23:37 ITALY/ VERONA, Mission for Mangia
- 17 Apr 23:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eintracht B. sign Gikiewicz
- 17 Apr 22:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Update on Seedorf
- 17 Apr 22:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Howard renews with Everton
- 17 Apr 22:20 ITALY/ INTER, Duel with Atletico for Hernandez
- 17 Apr 22:00 BELGIUM/ CHARLEROI, Salamone on trial
- 17 Apr 21:37 ITALY/ VERONA, New contract for Toni ready
- 17 Apr 21:17 FRANCE/ OL, Chantome to replace Gonalons
- 17 Apr 20:59 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Also Monaco after Baselli
- 17 Apr 20:39 BRAZIL/ FLUMINENSE, Timbò likely to join
- 17 Apr 20:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Eyes on Lucas Rodriguez
- 17 Apr 20:00 GREECE/ APOLLON, Also Chievo after Petropoulos
- 17 Apr 19:45 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Three clubs after Benalouane
Talking upon Mesut Ozil's forthcoming comeback on the pitch, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger stated: "He has gone through a difficult spell because physically he was not as present as you would expect him. I can understand the judgement when… you wanted...
Walter Mazzarri has picked 20 players for the trip to Parma in Week 34 of Serie A 2013/14. The match at the Stadio Ennio Tardini kicks off at...
Marc Bartra was one of the protagonists in the final of the Copa del Rey. The center back, who scored Barça goal, said “it’s...
Talking upon Mesut Ozil's forthcoming comeback on the pitch, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger stated: "He has gone through a...
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared about 24 year old midfielder Toni Kroos: "Bayern's executives will do all they can to...
Lille defender Simon Kjaer has declared: "Manchester United's interest? It's an honor to hear about such a great club, but I...