INTER, Mudingayi: "I did have a slight muscle problem"
27.07.2012 18.30 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Gabi Mudingayi spoke to journalists in the conference room at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti today, accompanied by managing director Marco Fassone and sporting director Piero Ausilio.
Managing director Fassone introduced the new Inter midfield player to journalists: "On behalf of everyone at the club, I'd like to officially welcome Mudingayi here. He's a player that the club and in particular the coach really wanted to sign. He's the finishing touch to our midfield and brings invaluable experience with him, having already played 200 games in Serie A. Gabi's arrival will give the side an extra boost in quality and it also confirms the current strategy of the club, that of integrating young players into a squad that is already packed with experienced players and with champions who have contributed towards writing the history of Inter."
Then it was time for the player to speak: "I'm very excited because finally being able to play for a club of this stature is an important step for me. I have to admit that I'd given up hope: I've always worked hard in a bid to play for a club such as Inter. When I say that I'll put my heart and soul into this, that's exactly what I'll do: players always have to give their all here, and there will never be any lack of effort on my part. For me, Inter is a new starting point. I'd like to play as many games as possible and, why not, perhaps even end my career here."
The 30-year-old has midfielder has been an Inter player for just seven days now, but it's "still always exciting to actually walk into a dressing room like Inter's", Mudingayi explained. Then, talking about which position he'd like to play, he added: "I'm here and willing to be at the complete disposal of the coach and the rest of the squad. Irrespective of which role I'm asked to play, I'll always try to give my all. I've spoken to Stramaccioni, I'm training and he's keeping an eye on me. It'll be up to him to decide where to play me."
The link with a move to Inter, the phone call, the wait and then signing his contract, on 20 July. Mudingayi spoke about his feelings during that wait: "As soon as I found out Inter were interested in me, I immediately told my agent that I wanted to come here. I didn't even take any notice of the rumours linking me to other clubs. That was a tough week, as I absolutely and categorically wanted to come here. But not because I was afraid of anything else. I wanted to get to know my team-mates, to familiarise myself with things here and to start preparing for the season. Was I afraid I would face charges relating to calcio-scommesse? No, I've been very calm about the situation right from the start, because I'm only helping police with their enquiries. I haven't been charged. I've always been very calm about the situation."
Speaking about his current team-mates, or new signings that may yet join him: "I'm working with everyone and I'm settling in well. During the friendly against Como I played alongside Guarin. Cambiasso has a lot of experience and I can learn a lot from him, even though I'm not that young any more. I've been in Italy almost 10 years now and I know Serie A well. I repeat, I'll give my all. That's the only promise I can make at the moment. Playing alongside champions such as Snejider and Milito is a tremendous joy for me. I'll do a lot of hard grafting for them. I don't have footballing heroes, although there are a lot of players I've always enjoyed watching and have respect for, such as Makelele."
On the probable departures of Julio Cesar, Pazzini and Maicon, the midfielder said: "I'd be sorry to see them leave as they're true champions, but I don't know anything about players who may be leaving or signing. All I can say is that there's a fantastic squad here and everyone has made me feel welcome. Which Primavera players have impressed me most? All of them! They all work hard and I can see they really want to make something of their careers."
And to those who asked him whether he would advise former Bologna team-mate Gaston Ramirez to sign for Inter, he replied: "If he has the chance to sign for Inter, he shouldn't even think twice about it! He's still a young player but he has a lot of skill and ability and, were he to come here, he'd learn a lot. He's already shown he's a player with a lot of quality."
Finally, Mudingayi cleared up the issue about his fitness: "I did have a slight muscle problem and I didn't leave for pre-season training with Bologna. But I've trained and worked during the entire summer break. I'll continue to do that here, even harder. I'm ready and I've got a tremendous desire to do my bit."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 21 Oct 23:32 JUVENTUS scouting four 2000-born wonderkids
- 21 Oct 23:03 AC MILAN - Poli: "Proud of my 100 appearances with rossoneri"
- 21 Oct 20:43 JUVENTUS - Eyes on PSG 1999-born DIABY
- 20 Oct 17:43 EMPOLI willing to sign DIONISI from Frosinone in January
- 20 Oct 13:32 AC MILAN- Bonaventura: "I expected to find more chaos"
- 19 Oct 20:37 NAPOLI - Milik already working in the gym, he can recover for January
- 19 Oct 18:03 OFFICIAL - LAZIO sign PAROLO on new contract
- 19 Oct 16:36 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign PRADE as new executive
- 19 Oct 14:16 LAZIO target young French striker HALLER
- 18 Oct 20:08 GENOA might be back for AC Milan's ZAPATA in January
- 18 Oct 16:44 ATALANTA deny Lazio being interested in PALOSCHI
- 18 Oct 16:01 SAMPDORIA to name Daniele PRADE after city derby
- 18 Oct 07:57 TORINO, Mihajlovic: "We can beat anyone"
- 17 Oct 16:54 AC MILAN - Legendary N° 6 Franco BARESI to have a step forward in top brass
- 17 Oct 14:30 INTER - Icardi: today the club and De Boer will choose if dismiss him as a captain
- 17 Oct 13:02 JUVENTUS keen to keep Neto, he will be Buffon's heir
- 17 Oct 09:57 AC MILAN, Montella: "I can feel the air of Europe now"
- 17 Oct 09:03 INTER MILAN, Ausilio: "We will talk to Icardi before making a decision"
- 16 Oct 15:24 INTER MILAN, Zanetti: "We cannot accept this behaviour from Icardi"
- 16 Oct 09:31 TORINO - Top striker Belotti will have a € 60m buy-out clause
- 15 Oct 23:38 JUVENTUS, Benatia: "We've been clever tonight. We must always show we deserve this club, and this jersey"
- 15 Oct 21:43 JUVENTUS defeat Udinese and take Serie A over (again)
- 15 Oct 20:25 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "My son is much better. Now let's kill the league"
- 15 Oct 13:01 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "The important is that we have patience"
- 15 Oct 12:07 ROMA, Spalletti: "we must overcome individual errors"
- 14 Oct 19:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - GOLDANIGA between PALERMO new contract and SAMPDORIA courtship
- 14 Oct 18:31 BOLOGNA - Winter plan for signing PINILLA
- 14 Oct 15:13 LAZIO - Italian international PAROLO about to be signed on a new contract
- 14 Oct 14:07 BOLOGNA - OIKONOMOU might leave on loan in January
- 14 Oct 11:00 REAL MADRID - CR7: "INTER and JUVE wanted me in 2003, but I preferred MAN UNITED"
- 13 Oct 21:53 ATALANTA, challenging Palermo on Peruvian international TRAUCO
- 13 Oct 18:01 INTER MILAN, Santon after summer troubles: "I was reborn after De Boer joined us. Darmian? He'd be welcome"
- 13 Oct 14:44 AC MILAN - Ambrosini as Club Manager
- 13 Oct 10:59 INTER - Brozovic to join the squad back
- 13 Oct 10:24 MILAN - Abate is the new captain
- 12 Oct 20:54 AC MILAN, Montella: "Fabregas in not the right man to replace Montolivo"
- 12 Oct 20:06 JUVENTUS target Alex MERET as a possible heir for Buffon
- 12 Oct 18:24 NAPOLI might challenge INTER MILAN on ALARIO
- 12 Oct 16:53 NAPOLI scouting Leipzig's Yussuf POULSEN
- 12 Oct 15:26 JUVENTUS - Uruguayan talent BENTANCUR to join in January
- 12 Oct 14:42 SAMPDORIA send scouts for Hungarian international KADAR
- 11 Oct 15:44 AC MILAN, Pasalic's agent: "He's not regretting his choice at all. He's in epic shape"
- 11 Oct 15:12 LAZIO - Regaining plan to sign NETO from Juventus
- 11 Oct 13:16 JUVENTUS - Barcelona chiefs scout Juventus defender Lichtsteiner
- 11 Oct 12:59 JUVENTUS - Dybala: "I'd like to reach Higuain's level"
- 10 Oct 18:54 AC MILAN, Suso: "Leaving Liverpool and joining here was the right choice. No role models, but I've always liked Zidane"
- 10 Oct 15:23 AS ROMA - ITURBE more and more likely to leave in January
- 10 Oct 13:55 NAPOLI - Milik's surgery ok, now he will stop for 4-6 months
- 09 Oct 21:33 NAPOLI, Osvaldo's agent: "Pablo decided to leave football"
- 09 Oct 13:04 JUVENTUS - Pjanic: "Everything is easier with Higuain and Dybala"
- 09 Oct 12:31 MILAN - Raiola: "Donnarumma to stay put? The new Chinese owners will decide"
- 09 Oct 09:57 ROMA, Totti: "Real Madrid pushed at all costs for me"
- 09 Oct 09:29 TORINO, Hart: "The decision to leave City was the best one for me"
- 09 Oct 08:09 INTER, Icardi's wife: "Mauro was close to joining REAL MADRID"
- 08 Oct 16:17 INTER MILAN, Joao Mario: "I have to work and improve"
- 08 Oct 08:35 JUVE face defense emergency as Chiellini gets injured as well
- 07 Oct 22:37 Gabigol: "Happy for the first goal, I want to bring INTER to win trophies"
- 07 Oct 19:01 FIORENTINA, Tello: "I made the right choice, I'd have had a hard time at Barça. Staying here might be good for me"
- 06 Oct 17:01 AS ROMA - De Rossi set for 100-cap UEFA honour
- 06 Oct 15:16 JUVENTUS - Medical report on PJACA: no fibula fracture
- 06 Oct 14:32 OFFICIAL - MIRABELLI announced as next AC MILAN sports director
- 05 Oct 20:32 Donnarumma on his future: "I just think about MILAN, then we'll see"
- 05 Oct 14:46 LAZIO - Young Albanian goalie STRAKOSHA soon to sign new long-term contract
- 05 Oct 12:07 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I feel no existential crisis"
- 05 Oct 11:40 ROMA, Martina: "Dzeko gained confidence in Serie A"
- 05 Oct 08:17 LAZIO want to put a € 35m buy-out clause in De Vrij's new deal
- 05 Oct 07:49 AC MILAN, Paletta's agent: "He wants to stay put, he dreams of playing for Italy again"
- 04 Oct 21:06 OFFICIAL - INTER goalkeeper Radu extends until 2020
- 04 Oct 18:10 INTER MILAN. Biabiany's agent: "He's requested in Italy, France, England and China"
- 04 Oct 17:13 A new Italian suitor for JUAN VARGAS
- 04 Oct 15:59 UDINESE - Suggestion for JANKOVIC as a free agent
- 03 Oct 18:44 OFFICIAL - Gigi DELNERI back to UDINESE as manager
- 03 Oct 17:56 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Our chairman Agnelli is protecting Italian football as a whole. Allegri's doing a great job"
- 03 Oct 11:28 ROMA, Strootman: "These three points are very important"
- 03 Oct 10:40 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "Defeat not deserved, we were in control"
- 03 Oct 10:12 AC MILAN, Montella: "We need to play with a light touch"
- 02 Oct 11:10 Serie A/ EMPOLI v JUVENTUS, Official Line Ups
- 02 Oct 09:34 LAZIO - De Vrij: "Our best game: we want to go back to Europe"
- 01 Oct 22:22 NAPOLI - 3 new contracts on arrival
- 30 Sep 20:30 NAPOLI - A new suitor for STRINIC, but...
- 30 Sep 19:00 TORINO - 3 Serie A giants on sensation BARRECA. New long-term contract offered
- 30 Sep 15:30 LAZIO - Parolo to be soon signed on a new long-term contract
- 30 Sep 14:15 NAPOLI put maxi-release clause on HYSAJ's new contract
- 30 Sep 13:44 GENOA - Simeone Jr: "I want to become better than my dad, but I have to improve"
- 30 Sep 12:48 INTER - Joao Mario on the way to recover, he might be selected for ROMA
- 30 Sep 10:52 JUVENTUS - Dyabala deal to be extended
- 29 Sep 20:20 AC MILAN - Fassone flies to China for closing club trade
- 29 Sep 16:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FIFA agent Salvini: "Many Serie A clubs rejected SLIMANI for less than half a million"
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 13:33 MILAN set to extend wonderkid Donnarumma's contract by the end of February
- 28 Sep 08:05 NAPOLI, Jorginho: "We are not thinking about Higuain"
- 27 Sep 23:27 NAPOLI in deal extension talks with INSIGNE jr.
- 27 Sep 22:57 INTER MILAN - Ausilio approaching MOROSINI harder
- 27 Sep 16:32 INTER MILAN eye Gijón's wonderkid JORGE MERE
- 26 Sep 21:23 NAPOLI - Gabbiadini's agent: "To establish a long-term relationship with the club"
- 26 Sep 20:31 INTER - Zanetti: "We should't give up on Kondogbia"
- 26 Sep 17:44 AS ROMA - Totti's wife Ilary Blasi: "Spalletti acted like a small man"
- 26 Sep 16:45 JUVENTUS - Medical report on ASAMOAH's surgery
- 26 Sep 11:01 INTER - Joao Mario and Murillo to undergo exams to value injuries extent
- 25 Sep 19:47 Serie A/ Fiorentina 0-0 AC Milan : HT report
According to Italian news, Juventus management are having four 2000-born players scouted: FC Metz attacking midfielder Vincent Thill (already a senior national team member for Luxembourg), French Under-17 international striker Matthias Phaeton (Stade Brestois), Belgian Under-17 i
According to Italian news, Juventus management are having four 2000-born players scouted: FC Metz attacking midfielder Vincent Thill (already a senior
Currently on a deal with Las Palmas until June 2020, Spanish midfielder Vicente Gomez (28), according to Mundo Deportivo, has been targeted by Valenci
According to French media, Olympique Marseille top brass, after having signed Rudi Garcia as their new manager, have targeted 3 names for the mar
FC Köln announced having extended their deal with Japanese winger/forward Yuya Osako (26) until June 2020. Former Munich 1860 and Kashi