ARSENAL, Boateng: "Another loan spell would help me"
31.07.2012 16.15 by TM W
Daniel Boateng believes another loan move would be a step in the right direction as he looks to establish himself as a member of Arsenal’s first-team squad.
Speaking to Arsenal.com after Saturday's 0-0 draw at Stevenage, the 19 year old, who spent time at Swindon Town last season, outlined his aims for the coming campaign.
"I've spoken to the manager and I think that at this point in my career, it's important that I play as much competitive first team football as I can,” Boateng told Arsenal.com.
"Going on loan is going to make me stronger as a person, and hopefully push me closer to becoming a member of the first team."
Boateng made two appearances while at Swindon and, though he was disappointed not to feature more, the versatile defender learnt a lot from his spell with the League Two champions.
"It was important for me to be around a team that was winning most weeks,” he said. “The environment at the club was positive and I was impressed with the training.
“The manager [Paolo Di Canio] is the most enthusiastic man I've ever met. He's a very good manager. I would like to have played more though, because then I would have learnt even more than I did.”
After making his first-team debut at home to Bolton in last season’s League Cup, Boateng also started this summer’s opening pre-season friendly against Belgian champions Anderlecht.
That was a major boost for the teenager but he recognises that another spell away from Arsenal could be hugely beneficial.
"I was pleased to start against Anderlecht. It was a tough game but I thought I did well,” he said.
“Now I just want to get a good loan, do very well and then spend more time with the first team at Arsenal next season."
Other news Premier League (England)
- 05 May 11:17 MILAN want to appoint Manuel Pellegrini as next manager
- 05 May 11:02 TOTTENHAM - Dembele to be charged after incident with Diego Costa
- 05 May 10:54 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "Not the right time for joining Chelsea"
- 05 May 10:47 WOLFSBURG willing to keep Naldo
- 05 May 10:34 LEICESTER tried to appoint Hiddink
- 05 May 10:14 CHELSEA - Diego Costa tempted by Chinese Super League
- 05 May 09:55 INTER to bid for BOURNEMOUTH Gradel
- 05 May 09:47 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, New survey on Bonaventura
- 05 May 09:34 ATLETICO MADRID - Balague: "Simeone? Atletico fits him like a glove"
- 05 May 09:17 WATFORD to win the battle over GRANADA' s Success
- 05 May 09:07 MANCHESTER CITY - Zabaleta's agent: "We could see him in Italy shortly"
- 05 May 08:55 LAZIO, De Vrij hits pitch back after 9 months long injury
- 05 May 08:42 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Back tracking Corluka
- 05 May 08:30 SPAIN/ GRANADA, Success' agent: "Contacts with top clubs, but he'll join Watford"
- 05 May 08:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Nainggolan doubtful whether to join or stay at AS Roma
- 05 May 08:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, A new Premier League suitor for possibly returning Borja Bastón
- 05 May 07:44 ITALY/ NAPOLI, El Kaddouri between Atalanta and a return to Torino
- 05 May 07:29 LEVANTE, Veteran captain Juanfran announces quitting
- 04 May 21:39 REAL MADRID beat MAN CITY 1-0 and are in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final!
- 04 May 20:33 HT- Real Madrid v Man City 1-0
- 04 May 20:13 LIVE! Real Madrid v Man City 1-0: Bale scores at 20', Kompany out
- 04 May 19:10 UCL/Real Madrid - Man City OFFICIAL LINE UPS: Ronaldo starts
- 04 May 19:07 BARCELONA interested in Serie A full backs Digne and Hysai
- 04 May 18:25 LEICESTER keen on Roma's defender Manolas
- 04 May 18:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Test period for a Belgian midfielder
- 04 May 17:45 SPAIN/ DEPORTIVO, Survey on Borja Valle
- 04 May 17:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Higuain available to join. Just as a regular starter
- 04 May 17:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Suggestion for Adrián Ramos
- 04 May 16:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Evra will decide whether to renew or not in 10 days
- 04 May 16:30 ITALY/ GENOA, Survey on Broh
- 04 May 16:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Keen on Ruben Vezo
- 04 May 16:00 ENGLAND/ LEICESTER CITY, Target Zaza
- 04 May 15:45 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Chinese offer for Jonas
- 04 May 15:30 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Approaching Kalou
- 04 May 15:15 GERMANY/ AUGSBURG, Daniel Gordon on the wishlist
- 04 May 15:00 ENGLAND/ LEICESTER CITY, Ranieri wants Boufal if Mahrez leaves
- 04 May 14:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Eyes on Tiemoué Bakayoko
- 04 May 14:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Suggestion for Asamoah
- 04 May 14:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Mourinho wants Isco
- 04 May 14:01 SWITZERLAND/ GRASSHOPPERS, 3 German rivals towards Khelifi
- 04 May 13:48 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Volland on target
- 04 May 13:36 BARCELONA - Piqué: "I hope Inter and Milan come back soon"
- 04 May 13:21 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Pasqual to renew: no proposal yet
- 04 May 13:08 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Willing to hijack Mkhitaryan from Arsenal
- 04 May 12:56 GERMANY/ HERTHA BERLIN, Ibisevic willing to stay despite Lazio's interest
- 04 May 12:42 CHELSEA - PSG keen on Eden Hazard
- 04 May 12:31 LIVERPOOL - Doucoure on target
- 04 May 12:20 DUNDEE - Paatelainen to leave after relegation
- 04 May 12:06 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pereyra could be the key for double move from Valencia
- 04 May 11:53 PREMIER LEAGUE - Ranieri: "We don't need superstars"
Interviewed by Italian magazine GQ, Juventus and French NT star central midfielder Paul Pogba's (23) powerful agent Mino Raiola mentioned about the player's future: "Pogba? One thing is for sure about him: this would not be the right time for him to join Chelsea
As reported in Italian media, 24 years old Dutch international centre-back Stefan de Vrij, idle since September 2015, due to a left knee injury (
Playing for Levante since the second half of 2009/10, after having already been a youth area member for Granotes in the 90's, 1976-born centre-bac
Chelsea interim manager Guus Hiddink told Dutch newspaper De Telegraf: "It is true Leicester asked me for this season."
Liverpool have reportedly eyed Javier Pastore in action for Paris Saint-Germain on Friday, according to France Football.
Wolfsburg have reportedly offered Naldo a new contract to stay in Germany in spite of Manchester United interest, a