AS ROMA, Florenzi: "Happy to be back here"
06.08.2012 15.15 by TM W
Source: As Roma
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
As Roma midfielder, Alessandro Florenzi , spoke to journalists in the press room in Irdning after this morning's training session.
If I'm back here with Roma this season it's because the coach and the club wanted me. And I'm very happy to be here. I must keep up the good work I've been doing over the last few weeks.
Do I feel my career is set for take-off after being voted Serie B's best player last year along with Verratti and Insigne? I think the numbers speak for themselves: all three of us did very well on the pitch last season. In fact I want to take this opportunity to thank Crotone and my former team-mates there because I owe my performances to them as well.
It's difficult for us youngsters to find space in Italy and you don't always get much playing time in the top flight. Here at Roma the coach has faith in lots of us. There are plenty of good young players in the team - people like Bojan, Lamela and Pjanic. We have to give everything we can week in week out to show we deserve a game, then those that perform best will get their chance. At the end of the day it's up to Zeman to decide what's best for the team.
I'm trying to take on board all the advice we're getting from the more experienced players. What's it like working with De Rossi? He told me to play the easy pass and to keep calm, and that by playing together over time you find the right balance.
What does it mean to be one of the Romans in this team? It's an incredible feeling. I was born here and I'm a Roma fan so I feel a real sense of responsibility.
SERIE B EXPERIENCE
Was dropping down to Serie B last year the right choice? That's how things work in the transfer market and in my case it turned out very well. If I'd stayed here last year, I probably wouldn't have got many games. So going to Crotone was the right move to help me learn the ropes. Fortunately I had the chance to play regular first-team football and I enjoyed myself there. It's on the strength of that experience that I'm here now. The club and the coach want me to be here and I'm going to make the most of the opportunity.
I played in midfield at Crotone and I've always played there for Italy's youth teams so I think I can do the same here. I feel it's my best position. But if I'm asked to play at full-back or on the wing I'll do it with just the same commitment.
Obviously my personal target is to play as much as possible. But that's going to depend on how well I perform and how hard I work.
Has the boss given me any particular instructions? No, just the same things he's said to all the midfielders. I feel at home with his training methods. We're starting to see the benefits of the intense work we did at the beginning. I've never been through a pre-season like this before but I'm glad I've done it. We're doing well and it's important that we keep going now.
Have the new signings had problems adjusting to Zeman's workloads? No, they've all looked good, even Piris. I expected De Rossi and Balzaretti to be in good shape because they were involved in the Euros and haven't been out of action for too long. They've all come to this training camp looking determined to do well.
What did I think of the US tour? It was great. We didn't expect to see so much passion from the fans there or so many people at our games. Stepping out into a stadium in the United States and seeing it full of people cheering for Roma was an amazing experience.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 23 Oct 10:35 INTER - New owners to appoint Blanc if De Boer is sacked
- 22 Oct 18:36 FIORENTINA back for SAPONARA
- 21 Oct 23:32 JUVENTUS scouting four 2000-born wonderkids
- 21 Oct 23:03 AC MILAN - Poli: "Proud of my 100 appearances with rossoneri"
- 21 Oct 20:43 JUVENTUS - Eyes on PSG 1999-born DIABY
- 20 Oct 17:43 EMPOLI willing to sign DIONISI from Frosinone in January
- 20 Oct 13:32 AC MILAN- Bonaventura: "I expected to find more chaos"
- 19 Oct 20:37 NAPOLI - Milik already working in the gym, he can recover for January
- 19 Oct 18:03 OFFICIAL - LAZIO sign PAROLO on new contract
- 19 Oct 16:36 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign PRADE as new executive
- 19 Oct 14:16 LAZIO target young French striker HALLER
- 18 Oct 20:08 GENOA might be back for AC Milan's ZAPATA in January
- 18 Oct 16:44 ATALANTA deny Lazio being interested in PALOSCHI
- 18 Oct 16:01 SAMPDORIA to name Daniele PRADE after city derby
- 18 Oct 07:57 TORINO, Mihajlovic: "We can beat anyone"
- 17 Oct 16:54 AC MILAN - Legendary N° 6 Franco BARESI to have a step forward in top brass
- 17 Oct 14:30 INTER - Icardi: today the club and De Boer will choose if dismiss him as a captain
- 17 Oct 13:02 JUVENTUS keen to keep Neto, he will be Buffon's heir
- 17 Oct 09:57 AC MILAN, Montella: "I can feel the air of Europe now"
- 17 Oct 09:03 INTER MILAN, Ausilio: "We will talk to Icardi before making a decision"
- 16 Oct 15:24 INTER MILAN, Zanetti: "We cannot accept this behaviour from Icardi"
- 16 Oct 09:31 TORINO - Top striker Belotti will have a € 60m buy-out clause
- 15 Oct 23:38 JUVENTUS, Benatia: "We've been clever tonight. We must always show we deserve this club, and this jersey"
- 15 Oct 21:43 JUVENTUS defeat Udinese and take Serie A over (again)
- 15 Oct 20:25 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "My son is much better. Now let's kill the league"
- 15 Oct 13:01 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "The important is that we have patience"
- 15 Oct 12:07 ROMA, Spalletti: "we must overcome individual errors"
- 14 Oct 19:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - GOLDANIGA between PALERMO new contract and SAMPDORIA courtship
- 14 Oct 18:31 BOLOGNA - Winter plan for signing PINILLA
- 14 Oct 15:13 LAZIO - Italian international PAROLO about to be signed on a new contract
- 14 Oct 14:07 BOLOGNA - OIKONOMOU might leave on loan in January
- 14 Oct 11:00 REAL MADRID - CR7: "INTER and JUVE wanted me in 2003, but I preferred MAN UNITED"
- 13 Oct 21:53 ATALANTA, challenging Palermo on Peruvian international TRAUCO
- 13 Oct 18:01 INTER MILAN, Santon after summer troubles: "I was reborn after De Boer joined us. Darmian? He'd be welcome"
- 13 Oct 14:44 AC MILAN - Ambrosini as Club Manager
- 13 Oct 10:59 INTER - Brozovic to join the squad back
- 13 Oct 10:24 MILAN - Abate is the new captain
- 12 Oct 20:54 AC MILAN, Montella: "Fabregas in not the right man to replace Montolivo"
- 12 Oct 20:06 JUVENTUS target Alex MERET as a possible heir for Buffon
- 12 Oct 18:24 NAPOLI might challenge INTER MILAN on ALARIO
- 12 Oct 16:53 NAPOLI scouting Leipzig's Yussuf POULSEN
- 12 Oct 15:26 JUVENTUS - Uruguayan talent BENTANCUR to join in January
- 12 Oct 14:42 SAMPDORIA send scouts for Hungarian international KADAR
- 11 Oct 15:44 AC MILAN, Pasalic's agent: "He's not regretting his choice at all. He's in epic shape"
- 11 Oct 15:12 LAZIO - Regaining plan to sign NETO from Juventus
- 11 Oct 13:16 JUVENTUS - Barcelona chiefs scout Juventus defender Lichtsteiner
- 11 Oct 12:59 JUVENTUS - Dybala: "I'd like to reach Higuain's level"
- 10 Oct 18:54 AC MILAN, Suso: "Leaving Liverpool and joining here was the right choice. No role models, but I've always liked Zidane"
- 10 Oct 15:23 AS ROMA - ITURBE more and more likely to leave in January
- 10 Oct 13:55 NAPOLI - Milik's surgery ok, now he will stop for 4-6 months
- 09 Oct 21:33 NAPOLI, Osvaldo's agent: "Pablo decided to leave football"
- 09 Oct 13:04 JUVENTUS - Pjanic: "Everything is easier with Higuain and Dybala"
- 09 Oct 12:31 MILAN - Raiola: "Donnarumma to stay put? The new Chinese owners will decide"
- 09 Oct 09:57 ROMA, Totti: "Real Madrid pushed at all costs for me"
- 09 Oct 09:29 TORINO, Hart: "The decision to leave City was the best one for me"
- 09 Oct 08:09 INTER, Icardi's wife: "Mauro was close to joining REAL MADRID"
- 08 Oct 16:17 INTER MILAN, Joao Mario: "I have to work and improve"
- 08 Oct 08:35 JUVE face defense emergency as Chiellini gets injured as well
- 07 Oct 22:37 Gabigol: "Happy for the first goal, I want to bring INTER to win trophies"
- 07 Oct 19:01 FIORENTINA, Tello: "I made the right choice, I'd have had a hard time at Barça. Staying here might be good for me"
- 06 Oct 17:01 AS ROMA - De Rossi set for 100-cap UEFA honour
- 06 Oct 15:16 JUVENTUS - Medical report on PJACA: no fibula fracture
- 06 Oct 14:32 OFFICIAL - MIRABELLI announced as next AC MILAN sports director
- 05 Oct 20:32 Donnarumma on his future: "I just think about MILAN, then we'll see"
- 05 Oct 14:46 LAZIO - Young Albanian goalie STRAKOSHA soon to sign new long-term contract
- 05 Oct 12:07 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I feel no existential crisis"
- 05 Oct 11:40 ROMA, Martina: "Dzeko gained confidence in Serie A"
- 05 Oct 08:17 LAZIO want to put a € 35m buy-out clause in De Vrij's new deal
- 05 Oct 07:49 AC MILAN, Paletta's agent: "He wants to stay put, he dreams of playing for Italy again"
- 04 Oct 21:06 OFFICIAL - INTER goalkeeper Radu extends until 2020
- 04 Oct 18:10 INTER MILAN. Biabiany's agent: "He's requested in Italy, France, England and China"
- 04 Oct 17:13 A new Italian suitor for JUAN VARGAS
- 04 Oct 15:59 UDINESE - Suggestion for JANKOVIC as a free agent
- 03 Oct 18:44 OFFICIAL - Gigi DELNERI back to UDINESE as manager
- 03 Oct 17:56 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Our chairman Agnelli is protecting Italian football as a whole. Allegri's doing a great job"
- 03 Oct 11:28 ROMA, Strootman: "These three points are very important"
- 03 Oct 10:40 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "Defeat not deserved, we were in control"
- 03 Oct 10:12 AC MILAN, Montella: "We need to play with a light touch"
- 02 Oct 11:10 Serie A/ EMPOLI v JUVENTUS, Official Line Ups
- 02 Oct 09:34 LAZIO - De Vrij: "Our best game: we want to go back to Europe"
- 01 Oct 22:22 NAPOLI - 3 new contracts on arrival
- 30 Sep 20:30 NAPOLI - A new suitor for STRINIC, but...
- 30 Sep 19:00 TORINO - 3 Serie A giants on sensation BARRECA. New long-term contract offered
- 30 Sep 15:30 LAZIO - Parolo to be soon signed on a new long-term contract
- 30 Sep 14:15 NAPOLI put maxi-release clause on HYSAJ's new contract
- 30 Sep 13:44 GENOA - Simeone Jr: "I want to become better than my dad, but I have to improve"
- 30 Sep 12:48 INTER - Joao Mario on the way to recover, he might be selected for ROMA
- 30 Sep 10:52 JUVENTUS - Dyabala deal to be extended
- 29 Sep 20:20 AC MILAN - Fassone flies to China for closing club trade
- 29 Sep 16:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FIFA agent Salvini: "Many Serie A clubs rejected SLIMANI for less than half a million"
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 13:33 MILAN set to extend wonderkid Donnarumma's contract by the end of February
- 28 Sep 08:05 NAPOLI, Jorginho: "We are not thinking about Higuain"
- 27 Sep 23:27 NAPOLI in deal extension talks with INSIGNE jr.
- 27 Sep 22:57 INTER MILAN - Ausilio approaching MOROSINI harder
- 27 Sep 16:32 INTER MILAN eye Gijón's wonderkid JORGE MERE
- 26 Sep 21:23 NAPOLI - Gabbiadini's agent: "To establish a long-term relationship with the club"
- 26 Sep 20:31 INTER - Zanetti: "We should't give up on Kondogbia"
- 26 Sep 17:44 AS ROMA - Totti's wife Ilary Blasi: "Spalletti acted like a small man"
- 26 Sep 16:45 JUVENTUS - Medical report on ASAMOAH's surgery
- 24 Oct 07:42 ATLHELTIC BILBAO - Valverde: "We didn't deserve to lose"
- 24 Oct 07:07 MAN UNITED - Mourinho: "I fear Bailly's injury is bad, knww ligament"
- 23 Oct 22:21 Liga/ REAL MADRID v ATHLETIC BILBAO 2-1
- 23 Oct 21:54 Serie A/ ROMA v PALERMO 4-1 FT
- 23 Oct 21:25 CHELSEA - Conte: "Great respect for everyone, nothing happened with Jose”
- 23 Oct 20:53 PL/ MAN UNITED, Mata: "Painful result, we must learn from our mistakes"
- 23 Oct 20:22 MAN UNITED boss Mourinho mad at Conte for crazy celebration after 4-0
- 23 Oct 19:42 CHELSEA, Conte: "We did not concede anything"
- 23 Oct 19:23 MAN UNITED, Mourinho: "This game started 1-0"
- 23 Oct 18:53 SOUTHAMPTON, Puel: "An interesting point with good spirit"
- 23 Oct 18:28 MAN CITY, Guardiola: "Stones was not the reason"
- 23 Oct 18:16 PL/ CHELSEA 4-0 MANCHESTER UNITED - FT
- 23 Oct 17:01 LIGA BBVA/ SEVILLE 1-0 ATLETICO MADRID - FT
- 23 Oct 16:49 PL/ CHELSEA 2-0 MANCHESTER UNITED - HT
- 23 Oct 16:13 CHELSEA youngster Chalobah to pen new deal
- 23 Oct 15:55 SERIE A / Full Time scores Matchday 9
- 23 Oct 15:29 PL/ MANCHESTER CITY 1-1 SOUTHAMPTON - FT
- 23 Oct 15:26 NAPOLI considering Ighalo move in January
- 23 Oct 15:04 PL/ CHELSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED - Official Line Ups
- 23 Oct 14:47 SERIE A / Half Time scores Matchday 9
- 23 Oct 14:41 CHELSEA, Courtois: "Conte put in a new regime"
- 23 Oct 14:16 PL/ MANCHESTER CITY 0-1 SOUTHAMPTON - HT
- 23 Oct 14:13 LIVERPOOL - Insigne's agent keen to enter talks with Reds
- 23 Oct 13:50 MAN CITY - "No truth about Alaba" says Rummenigge
- 23 Oct 13:23 BAYERN MUNICH set to bid £65m for EVERTON star Lukaku
- 23 Oct 12:56 JUVENTUS star Dybala to stay out 10-15 days after thigh injury
- 23 Oct 12:32 PL/ MANCHESTER CITY v SOUTHAMPTON - Official Line Ups
- 23 Oct 12:02 WEST HAM - Bilic: "Dramatic end, our goal is not offide"
- 23 Oct 11:30 JUVENTUS - Allegri: "This incident doesn't have to influence our season
- 23 Oct 11:03 LIVERPOOL - Henderson: "It's too early to speak about the title race"
- 23 Oct 10:35 INTER - New owners to appoint Blanc if De Boer is sacked
- 23 Oct 10:04 BARCELONA - Iniesta injury update: it's the collateral ligament
- 23 Oct 09:32 MAN UNITED - Mourinho: "I'm not a better manager after last bad months at CHELSEA"
- 23 Oct 09:01 MAN UNITED captain Rooney dropped for CHELSEA clash for injury
- 23 Oct 08:34 CHELSEA star Courtois admits to be grateful to Mourinho
- 23 Oct 00:03 ARSENAL target Fiorentina young goalie SATALINO
- 22 Oct 23:34 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL - CICCONE sign new contract for VADUZ
- 22 Oct 23:10 CHELSEA ready to try signing KEANE from Burnley
- 22 Oct 22:23 BOLTON WANDERERS weigh up signing ODEMWINGIE
- 22 Oct 21:51 LIGUE 1/ Full Time scores Matchday 10
- 22 Oct 21:43 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL - ST. GALLEN sign ARATORE on new contract
- 22 Oct 21:40 SERIE A / MILAN 1-0 JUVENTUS - FT
- 22 Oct 21:02 ARSENAL, Lucas Perez: "I don't think OZIL will leave for Real Madrid"
- 22 Oct 20:41 SERIE A / MILAN 0-0 JUVENTUS - HT
- 22 Oct 20:25 LIGA BBVA/ VALENCIA 2-3 BARCELONA - FT
- 22 Oct 20:20 BAYERN MUNICH offer ROBBEN a new contract
- 22 Oct 19:49 BUNDESLIGA/ Fulltime Scores Matchday 8
- 22 Oct 19:48 MILAN v JUVENTUS, Official Line Ups
- 22 Oct 19:41 EVERTON back for GABBIADINI in January
- 22 Oct 19:21 SERIE A / SAMPDORIA 2-1 GENOA - FT
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois believes that new manager Antonio Conte brought in a ‘new regime’ to change the attitude of his squad following the last disappointing season at Stamford Bridge.
“Different managers have different w
According to Italian sources Inter new owners Suning already got in mind the name for the new manager in case Frank de Boer would be sacked after othe
Currently on a deal with Las Palmas until June 2020, Spanish midfielder Vicente Gomez (28), according to Mundo Deportivo, has been targeted by Valenci
According to French media, Olympique Marseille top brass, after having signed Rudi Garcia as their new manager, have targeted 3 names for the mar
FC Köln announced having extended their deal with Japanese winger/forward Yuya Osako (26) until June 2020. Former Munich 1860 and Kashi