AS ROMA, Florenzi: "Happy to be back here"
06.08.2012 15.15 by TM W
Source: As Roma
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
As Roma midfielder, Alessandro Florenzi , spoke to journalists in the press room in Irdning after this morning's training session.
If I'm back here with Roma this season it's because the coach and the club wanted me. And I'm very happy to be here. I must keep up the good work I've been doing over the last few weeks.
Do I feel my career is set for take-off after being voted Serie B's best player last year along with Verratti and Insigne? I think the numbers speak for themselves: all three of us did very well on the pitch last season. In fact I want to take this opportunity to thank Crotone and my former team-mates there because I owe my performances to them as well.
It's difficult for us youngsters to find space in Italy and you don't always get much playing time in the top flight. Here at Roma the coach has faith in lots of us. There are plenty of good young players in the team - people like Bojan, Lamela and Pjanic. We have to give everything we can week in week out to show we deserve a game, then those that perform best will get their chance. At the end of the day it's up to Zeman to decide what's best for the team.
I'm trying to take on board all the advice we're getting from the more experienced players. What's it like working with De Rossi? He told me to play the easy pass and to keep calm, and that by playing together over time you find the right balance.
What does it mean to be one of the Romans in this team? It's an incredible feeling. I was born here and I'm a Roma fan so I feel a real sense of responsibility.
SERIE B EXPERIENCE
Was dropping down to Serie B last year the right choice? That's how things work in the transfer market and in my case it turned out very well. If I'd stayed here last year, I probably wouldn't have got many games. So going to Crotone was the right move to help me learn the ropes. Fortunately I had the chance to play regular first-team football and I enjoyed myself there. It's on the strength of that experience that I'm here now. The club and the coach want me to be here and I'm going to make the most of the opportunity.
I played in midfield at Crotone and I've always played there for Italy's youth teams so I think I can do the same here. I feel it's my best position. But if I'm asked to play at full-back or on the wing I'll do it with just the same commitment.
Obviously my personal target is to play as much as possible. But that's going to depend on how well I perform and how hard I work.
Has the boss given me any particular instructions? No, just the same things he's said to all the midfielders. I feel at home with his training methods. We're starting to see the benefits of the intense work we did at the beginning. I've never been through a pre-season like this before but I'm glad I've done it. We're doing well and it's important that we keep going now.
Have the new signings had problems adjusting to Zeman's workloads? No, they've all looked good, even Piris. I expected De Rossi and Balzaretti to be in good shape because they were involved in the Euros and haven't been out of action for too long. They've all come to this training camp looking determined to do well.
What did I think of the US tour? It was great. We didn't expect to see so much passion from the fans there or so many people at our games. Stepping out into a stadium in the United States and seeing it full of people cheering for Roma was an amazing experience.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 28 Jun 12:51 JUVENTUS, Dani Alves introduces himself: "It was time to leave Barça. Bianconeri are THE icon of Italian football"
- 28 Jun 11:48 FC INTER - Thohir: "Proud of the strategic partnership formalised today with Suning"
- 22 Jun 18:51 OFFICIAL - Empoli buy Buchel back from JUVENTUS
- 21 Jun 16:54 OFFICIAL - AC MILAN: El Shaarawy has been permanently sold to AS ROMA
- 15 Jun 22:15 OFFICIAL - Palermo extend contract with Portuguese talent Embalo
- 15 Jun 20:45 LAZIO - Negotiation with Bielsa ongoing in Argentina
- 11 Jun 08:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Spartak Moscow in talks with Sampdoria for FERNANDO
- 10 Jun 10:54 JUVENTUS, Eye on Pellè
- 08 Jun 17:30 AS ROMA, Chelsea cleared of wrongdoing over the loan of Salah
- 08 Jun 17:16 LAZIO, Other troubles with Adriano: Barça will not let him leave for free
- 03 Jun 09:44 AC MILAN, Unai Emery gives green light: € 1.5 millions resignation to FC Seville
- 31 May 23:38 Italia, Bernardeschi's father: "Federico's convocation is a dream"
- 28 May 15:23 Milan, Berlusconi: "I'am dealing with Chinese e for this reason I study Chinese"
- 25 May 21:41 Inter, Zanetti: "Medel is important for us, it remains here"
- 23 May 22:15 Lazio, postive meeting with Prandelli
- 23 May 18:11 Napoli, the promise made by Higuain to Sarri: "I'll see you in Dimaro"
- 23 May 18:01 Inter, Moratti and Suning agreement: "Possible news soon"
- 23 May 17:57 Zanetti: "Simeone would coach Inter, but Mancini is a great coach"
- 23 May 17:45 Roma, Pallotta arrives in June. Totti and stadium on the agenda
- 23 May 17:06 Seria A, top 11 of Italian Championship according to UEFA
- 23 May 16:53 Inter, fixed Brozovic price: costs 25 mln euro
- 17 May 22:16 Milan, Bacca: "Saturday we have the opportunity to raise a new cup"
- 17 May 20:55 Fiorentina, Zarate: "I'am happy for my season in Florence"
- 17 May 20:10 Roma, Sabatini: Digne? "We will find an agreement with Paris Saint Germain"
- 17 May 12:20 LAZIO, Defining agreement with Jorge Sampaoli as next manager
- 16 May 16:13 LAZIO, Klose: "Leaving is not my decision"
- 16 May 09:35 TURIN to appoint Giampaolo if Ventura leaves
- 15 May 18:30 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting with River Plate on Alario
- 15 May 16:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Raul Asencio extend his deal with Genoa
- 12 May 20:15 Milan, ag. Bacca: "Future? We will talk with club after the Italian Cup final"
- 09 May 07:06 ATALANTA, Club icon Bellini quits after having scored last goal
- 06 May 09:52 PALERMO - Vazquez to leave
- 06 May 07:58 AS ROMA, Sabatini on Giallorossi midfield stars: "I want to keep Nainggolan and Pjanic"
- 05 May 11:33 VERONA - Luca Toni announces retirement
- 05 May 08:55 LAZIO, De Vrij hits pitch back after 9 months long injury
- 04 May 11:38 LAZIO - To move for Ben Arfa
- 04 May 11:01 HELLAS VERONA, Luca Toni announces quitting
- 04 May 10:31 NAPOLI - Hamsik: "I can't even imagine what would happen"
- 04 May 10:14 LAZIO - Pioli: "Happy for Claudio"
- 02 May 21:19 SERIE A - Genoa - Roma - FULL TIME
- 02 May 14:44 JUVENTUS - Morata to stay
- 02 May 10:03 MILAN - Ready to join the chase for Vilhena
- 02 May 09:49 JUVENTUS tracking BARCELONA's Mascherano
- 01 May 10:43 JUVENTUS - Set for Pogba extension
- 30 Apr 20:35 SERIE A - ChievoVerona 0 - 0 Fiorentina - HALF TIME
- 30 Apr 18:46 SERIE A - Udinese 1 - 5 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 17:26 JUVENTUS - Front runners for Batshuayi
- 30 Apr 17:16 SERIE A - Udinese 0 - 1 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 15:20 LAZIO - To appoint Fatih Terim
- 30 Apr 12:43 JUVENTUS - Target Kante if Pogba leaves
- 30 Apr 12:20 ROMA - De Sanctis to extend his contract
- 30 Apr 12:11 JUVENTUS - Bonucci keen on Serie A stay
- 30 Apr 11:08 NAPOLI - Mertens: "I'm fine here, but I need an extension to remain"
- 30 Apr 10:53 ANDERLECHT - Praet to join Fiorentina
- 30 Apr 09:53 FIORENTINA - Mazzarri to replace Sousa?
- 30 Apr 09:41 JUVENTUS- Neto to leave
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 28 Apr 17:21 ROMA - El Shaarawy wants to stay
- 28 Apr 16:43 TORINO - Paredes first target
- 28 Apr 12:46 ROMA - Pjanic or Nainggolan to leave
- 28 Apr 12:22 ROMA - Caceres in the spotlight
- 28 Apr 08:42 INTER - Mancini to accept Italy job
- 28 Apr 08:29 LAZIO - To bid for Pellé
- 27 Apr 15:12 JUVENTUS - Oscar-Isco to replace Cuadrado-Morata
- 27 Apr 14:53 FIORENTINA - Tottenham set to move for Kalinic
- 27 Apr 14:42 JUVENTUS - Evra: "I've not take a decision yet"
- 27 Apr 12:42 JUVENTUS - Eyes on Liverpool target Zielinski
- 26 Apr 20:09 TRANSFER MARKET - Two clubs interested in AS ROMA's Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 19:33 JUVENTUS - Allegri gets contract extension
- 26 Apr 13:24 INTER - Offered Thauvin
- 26 Apr 12:17 JUVENTUS - Morata uncertain about future
- 26 Apr 11:57 FIORENTINA - Eyes on Praet and Missiroli
- 26 Apr 11:44 LAZIO - Time to choose the manager
- 26 Apr 11:32 TORINO - set to bid for Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 10:39 INTER - Ajax Sporting Director: "No meeting set for El Ghazi"
- 26 Apr 01:09 FIORENTINA - Kalinic not eager to leave
- 25 Apr 20:45 JUVENTUS - Allegri to extend his contract
- 25 Apr 20:33 ROMA - Szczesny: "Roma and Arsenal are in negotiations"
- 25 Apr 20:06 JUVENTUS - Marotta: "Cavani? He is an opportunity"
- 25 Apr 19:51 INTER - Man United to beat Nerazzurri for Feghouli
- 25 Apr 19:50 Carpi v Empoli 1 -0 FT score
- 25 Apr 19:12 LAZO - Borini set for Serie A return
- 25 Apr 17:52 SERIE A - Verona 2-1 Milan - Final Score
- 25 Apr 17:29 SERIE A - Verona 1-1 Milan - Live Score
- 24 Apr 21:42 SERIE A - Fiorentina 1 - 2 Juventus - Full Time Result
- 24 Apr 20:49 SERIE A - Fiorentina 0 - 1 Juventus - Half Time Result
- 24 Apr 16:00 SERIE A/ 14:00 KO – Full-time scores
- 24 Apr 14:49 SERIE A/ 14:00 BST Games – Halftime scores
- 23 Apr 20:43 SERIE A - Inter Milan 1-1 Udinese (Half Time)
- 23 Apr 19:15 INTER v UDINESE- Official Line Ups
- 23 Apr 11:29 JUVENTUS - Keen on Tourè and Fernando
- 23 Apr 10:52 JUVENTUS - André Gomes first choice in midfield
- 23 Apr 10:41 MILAN - El Ghazi could join rivals
- 23 Apr 10:33 LAZIO - Gabbiadini or Lapadula to replace Klose
- 23 Apr 09:33 ATALANTA - Cigarini wants to stay
- 23 Apr 09:14 INTER - Jovetic to stay
- 23 Apr 08:57 SERIE A - Roma v Napoli: Predicted Line Ups
- 23 Apr 08:08 INTER - Join the race with Juventus and Milan for Gabriel Jesus
- 22 Apr 14:01 INTER - £4m for Ansaldi
According to latest international news, 22 years old Belgian star striker Michy Batshuayi, currently engaged with De Rode Duivels/Les Diables Rouges in Euro 2016 campaign, passed medical checks for Chelsea.
Premier League giants will pay Olympique Marseille, whose roster
Attending his first press conference as Juventus player, 33 years old Brazilian star Dani Alves stated:
"I chose 23 as my number, same one as
Villarreal announced having extended their deals with former Italian international defensive all-rounder Daniele Bonera (35), until June 2017, an
Tottenham centre-back Jan Vertonghen has posted a message on Twitter welcoming new signing Victor Wanyama.
Welcome to Tottenham @V
French broadcast InfoSportPlus, as reported below, posted a tweet including Olympique Lyon owner Jean-Michel Aulas' latest statements, regard
Coming back from his loan at Grasshoppers, Swiss Under-19 international goalkeeper Gregor Kobel (18) had his own deal with Hoffenheim offici