MANCHESTER UTD, Vidic content with comeback
06.08.2012 17.05 by TM W
Nemanja Vidic was highly satisfied with his return to action after eight months on the sidelines.
United's club captain completed an hour of the Reds' goalless draw with Valerenga in Norway, and he now hopes to be able to kick on and draw a line under the frustration of his ruptured anterior cruciate ligament injury.
"I felt well," the Serbian told MUTV. "After eight months without a game it's obvious that you have to get used to your positioning, and still fitness-wise it's not as hopefully it will be in a few weeks, but I'm pleased. My knee felt well, I felt well and hopefully the next game will be better.
"It was frustrating, but obviously I knew I would be out for six months. I tried to make the best of it, to work hard and when I come back to be the same as I was before the injury. This was my target and we'll see how good a job I did in that six months. It's hard, but it's part of the football career. Any sportsman has the risk of injuries and hopefully this is the past and better days are coming for me."
Vidic admitted that the stalemate at the Ullevaal Stadium was a positive experience in spite of the result, and is now looking forward to next week's meeting with Barcelona in Gothenburg as the Reds' pre-season preparations continue.
"It went well," he said. "Obviously it was the first appearance for a few players, obviously myself as well. It was a good test. Obviously the result was not as we expected but still we had chances we didn't score. I think it was a good game and a really good test for us.
"It [Barcelona] will be a tough game, but obviously it will be a good test for us. We need those games before the league starts. We have to know it's a friendly game and it doesn't count for the trophies and points".
Other news Premier League (England)
- 28 Mar 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "It's a shame De Bruyne is gone"
- 27 Mar 14:56 ARSENAL, Gabriel: "Iíve always wanted to defend"
- 27 Mar 11:55 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New injury blow for Sturridge
- 27 Mar 06:19 EVERTON, Lennon: "I'm not in talks for a long-term deal"
- 26 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Adam: "I am ready to renew"
- 25 Mar 14:12 GERMANY, Low insists on Ozil landing to Berlin with Arsenal boss Wenger's permission
- 25 Mar 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to play with Vertonghen again"
- 24 Mar 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "We don't want to lose Lukaku"
- 23 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Lampard: "Too early to talk of firing Pellegrini"
- 22 Mar 10:59 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I've been in talks with Liverpool in the past"
- 19 Mar 20:16 ARSENAL, Ozil staying with Gunners
- 19 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "Inter? Never say never"
- 18 Mar 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger on Champions League last-16 exit
- 17 Mar 18:13 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "Little details could be key"
- 17 Mar 16:30 MAN UTD, Smalling: "We want Champions back here at Old Trafford"
- 17 Mar 16:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Carrick to target second place
- 17 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Allen: "Good signs regarding my new deal"
- 16 Mar 13:07 ARSENAL, Giroud: "I'll answer critics against Monaco"
- 16 Mar 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Di Maria is happy here"
- 15 Mar 10:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "No hurry for Sterling's new deal"
- 14 Mar 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to stay"
- 13 Mar 06:19 STOKE CITY, Bregovic: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 12 Mar 14:45 MANCHESTER CITY, Demichelis after renewal: "I'll keep fighting and trying to win titles for City"
- 12 Mar 06:29 QPR, Ferdinand: "We would like to keep Austin, but.."
- 11 Mar 11:30 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Loan star Radamel Falcao fails to shine for U21s
- 11 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Milner must make a decision"
- 10 Mar 13:00 ARSENAL, Monreal: "I was so pleased with my goal"
- 10 Mar 06:30 LIVERPOOL, Johnson: "I would like to move abroad"
- 09 Mar 09:48 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Monday's result will affect Premier League run in"
- 09 Mar 06:29 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "Nothing sure about my future"
- 08 Mar 09:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 07 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers turns out transfer rumors
- 05 Mar 20:15 ARSENAL, Gilberto Silva: "Alexis is a killer in front of goal"
- 05 Mar 18:14 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Reid: "Happy for my renewal"
- 04 Mar 12:43 ARSENAL, To boast three billionaires listed on Forbes
- 04 Mar 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "We are not interested in Bacca"
- 03 Mar 06:19 CHELSEA, Terry: "I hope to remain for a few more years"
- 02 Mar 22:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain on Giroud: "Oli is always there for scoring, that's just what we need"
- 02 Mar 20:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney on Di Maria: "He's talented, hopefully he'll start giving great performances for us as well"
- 02 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Yaya Tourť is happy here"
- 01 Mar 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Forever in England"
- 28 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Belleržn: "It's gonna be hard. We'll need to prove CL night was an accident"
- 28 Feb 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I am happy here"
- 27 Feb 17:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere will have surgery"
- 27 Feb 15:30 ARSENAL, Henry: "Training Gunners is a dream of mine"
- 27 Feb 13:30 TOTTENHAM, Chadli: "Now let's put disappointment away and make our best for Capital One Cup"
- 27 Feb 13:17 EVERTON, Europa League pairing with Dynamo Kyiv
- 27 Feb 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker after Emirates fiasco: "We'll need a wonderful night in Monaco"
- 27 Feb 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers after Besiktas EL failure: "We are disappointed for how much we put into the game"
- 26 Feb 07:00 ARSENAL, Wenger comments upon AS Monaco fiasco: "We were suicidal defensively"
- 26 Feb 02:20 ARSENAL v AS MONACO 1-3 - The Matchbox
- 25 Feb 11:43 ARSENAL, Monreal: "Wenger? I feel very lucky to have such a great coach"
- 25 Feb 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "I was about to leave"
- 24 Feb 21:00 ARSENAL v AS MONACO, Preview - Wenger: "We've got equal chances to pass the turn"
- 24 Feb 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Djuricic: "I would like to remain"
- 23 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Tourť's agent: "Ready to commit to City for life"
- 22 Feb 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Demichelis could stay"
- 21 Feb 16:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho on Paris metro incident: "We invite mister Souleymane to join us at Stamford Bridge on our expense"
- 21 Feb 15:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Luke Shaw: "I know how good Swans can be on their days"
- 21 Feb 14:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal on team news: "Van Persie and Jones are fit for playing"
- 21 Feb 13:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Ospina: "They've got a direct style and move fast, we'll need to be careful"
- 21 Feb 12:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal: "We've got a fantastic spirit now, and we are looking for the perfect balance"
- 21 Feb 11:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Eagles captain Jedinak: "We are in the right mood to face such a strong team as Gunners"
- 21 Feb 10:00 SOUTHAMPTON v LIVERPOOL, Preview - Allen: "Saints have already succeeded in testing us"
- 21 Feb 09:00 LIVERPOOL, Joe Allen: "Jordon Ibe is brilliant, he's got the raw talent needed"
- 21 Feb 01:30 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I want to stay"
- 20 Feb 19:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Intense ground, and Pardew is doing very well. I'm happy for Chamakh's new career with Eagles"
- 20 Feb 17:00 TOTTENHAM, Ben Davies: "Good job against Fiorentina, but they were solid and hard to break"
- 20 Feb 14:44 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Ramsey still, doubts on Flamini and Bellerin. Wilshere is ok"
- 20 Feb 14:29 LIVERPOOL, Moreno about Besiktas: "We've been lucky as well"
- 19 Feb 01:12 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Alexis rejected several clubs to make Gunners switch"
- 18 Feb 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "We have to maintain momentum"
- 18 Feb 13:44 CHELSEA, Ivanovic cheered by Blues draw at Paris
- 18 Feb 06:39 WERDER, Eichin: "PrŲdl could renew"
- 18 Feb 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I miss Italy, but.."
- 17 Feb 18:15 LIVERPOOL, 4-game Europa League sanction for Markovic
- 17 Feb 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I want to buy a midfielder"
- 16 Feb 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "No contacts with PSG"
- 14 Feb 19:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Welbeck: "Winning FA Cup would mean a lot to me"
- 14 Feb 16:30 ARSENAL, Akpom: "Playing with world-class names like Cazorla and Rosicky is a striker's dream"
- 14 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Wenger: "Szczesny is back, competition with Ospina is open"
- 14 Feb 12:00 ARSENAL, Gnabry: "I'm feeling good coming back, now I've got to keep pushing"
- 14 Feb 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Henderson: "No rush over new deal"
- 13 Feb 19:30 ARSENAL, Paulista close to debut
- 13 Feb 15:30 EVERTON, Lukaku: "It's my ambition to get playing in a club like Chelsea"
- 13 Feb 06:29 QPR, Isla: "No regrets about Juve"
- 12 Feb 06:19 MAN. UTD, Falcao's agent: "He is happy here"
- 10 Feb 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 09 Feb 13:15 TOTTENHAM, King Kane after triumph over Arsenal: "Words can't describe how I'm feeling now"
- 09 Feb 09:53 ARSENAL, Itís 31 years since Gunner signed Paul Mariner.
- 09 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "I think Milner will stay"
- 08 Feb 00:00 ARSENAL, Welbeck after city derby defeat: "We are devastated"
- 07 Feb 18:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL 2-1, The Matchbox Report: Kane's double decides
- 07 Feb 13:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on Walcott: "Now he needs a long time without injuries"
- 07 Feb 13:15 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Bentaleb: "Always a special game against Gunners"
- 07 Feb 13:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Dark-working players, like Coquelin or Cazorla, are crucial"
- 07 Feb 12:45 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "A potentially spectacular game. Confidence will be the key"
- 07 Feb 12:30 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Pochettino: "This kind of match has to be played with the heart, as well as with head and brains"
- 07 Feb 12:15 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Ramsey: "Now Coquelin is my insurance"
- 07 Feb 12:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "If you love football, you love Rosicky"
- 28 Mar 18:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Alex Sandro on target
- 28 Mar 18:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Suggestion for Casemiro
- 28 Mar 17:27 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Gundogan on target
- 28 Mar 16:57 SWEDEN/ KALMAR, Several European clubs surveying Awoniyi
- 28 Mar 16:29 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 2 Serie A suitors for Andrea Costa
- 28 Mar 15:59 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho weighs Adebayor up for replacing Drogba
- 28 Mar 15:30 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Hansen on target
- 28 Mar 15:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FC Seville back on Carmona
- 28 Mar 14:27 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, River Plate extend Mercado's contract
- 28 Mar 13:57 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Smalling hard to get: Van Gaal says no
- 28 Mar 13:29 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Eyes on Rafa Silva
- 28 Mar 12:59 ITALY/ HELLAS VERONA, Renewal offer ready for Moras
- 28 Mar 12:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Jansen and Van Der Vaart to leave Hamburg as free agents in June
- 28 Mar 12:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Back on Immobile: duel to AC Milan and Lazio
- 28 Mar 11:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Flekken renews for Greuther Furth
- 28 Mar 10:00 SPAIN/ ESPANYOL, Sylla set to join Racing Santander
- 28 Mar 09:00 ITALY/ VERONA, Juanito could renew
- 28 Mar 08:30 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Keen on Otamendi
- 28 Mar 07:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Season over for HaÔdara
- 28 Mar 07:27 PSG, Verratti's agent: "He is happy in France"
- 28 Mar 06:59 BAYER, Hilbert: "Relaxed about my new deal"
- 28 Mar 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "It's a shame De Bruyne is gone"
- 28 Mar 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I am happy here"
- 28 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN. De Jong: "Back to Ajax? Too early"
- 27 Mar 23:27 GERMANY/ MAINZ, Eyes on Kleindienst
- 27 Mar 22:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Hands on Schiappacasse
- 27 Mar 22:29 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL. Valverde likely to join
- 27 Mar 21:59 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, PSV sign Guardado on permanent basis
- 27 Mar 21:30 ITALY/ INTER, Lead on Ayew
- 27 Mar 21:00 RUSSIA/ DYNAMO, Almost done for M'Vila
- 27 Mar 20:37 ITALY/ PALERMO, Idea Viviani
- 27 Mar 20:17 FRANCE/ MONACO, Raggi likely to renew
- 27 Mar 19:59 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Keen on Ramires
- 27 Mar 19:39 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Done for Danny
- 27 Mar 19:20 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Also Jardim for the bench
- 27 Mar 19:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Mandzukic towards Germany
- 27 Mar 18:45 ITALY/ INTER, Eyes on Rudy
- 27 Mar 18:34 ITALY/ INTER, Mario Suarez confession: "In January I spoke with Mancini"
- 27 Mar 18:25 ITALY/ LAZIO, City observing Felipe Anderson
- 27 Mar 18:12 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, 13 mlns to Santos for Lucas Lima
- 27 Mar 18:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Eyes on Neil Taylor
- 27 Mar 17:48 ITALY/ AC MILAN, One more rival towards Krajnc
- 27 Mar 17:36 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Attempting for Begovic again
- 27 Mar 17:24 FRANCE/ PSG, Thiago Motta more and more likely to leave
- 27 Mar 17:12 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Cillessen might be Buffon's heir
- 27 Mar 17:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Andujar willing to leave if a new goalie is signed
- 27 Mar 16:48 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Price is set for Immobile: AC Milan and Lazio ready to offer
- 27 Mar 16:36 FIORENTINA, LAZIO & TORINO: 4 million euros minimum needed for Defrel
- 27 Mar 16:24 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New suggestion for Llorente
- 27 Mar 16:12 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Soriano tempted by Schalke and Dortmund courtship
Possibly leaving Borussia Dortmund after 4 seasons in a row, German international playmaking midfielder Ilkay Gundogan (24), according to Sport Bild, has become a main target for Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone. Currently on a deal with Bundesliga side until June 2016, form
AC Milan midfielder Nigel De Jong has declared about the possibility to rejoin his former club Ajax: "No, it's still to early to move back to
Interviewed by Estadio Deportivo, Galatasaray winger Nordin Amrabat, currently on loan at Malaga, has declared: "Some Spanish and English clubs a
he 24-year-old began his career at Brazilian side Esporte Clube Vitoria and, but for a short spell as a right winger, has played his entire career at
Interviewed by Radio CRC, Donato Di Campli, agent of PSG midfielder Marco Verratti, has declared: "He is happy in France and he is a key player f
Interviewed by the Rheinische Post, Bayer Leverkusen full back Roberto Hilbert has declared about the possibility to renew his contract: "The neg