MANCHESTER UTD, Vidic content with comeback
06.08.2012 17.05 by TM W
Nemanja Vidic was highly satisfied with his return to action after eight months on the sidelines.
United's club captain completed an hour of the Reds' goalless draw with Valerenga in Norway, and he now hopes to be able to kick on and draw a line under the frustration of his ruptured anterior cruciate ligament injury.
"I felt well," the Serbian told MUTV. "After eight months without a game it's obvious that you have to get used to your positioning, and still fitness-wise it's not as hopefully it will be in a few weeks, but I'm pleased. My knee felt well, I felt well and hopefully the next game will be better.
"It was frustrating, but obviously I knew I would be out for six months. I tried to make the best of it, to work hard and when I come back to be the same as I was before the injury. This was my target and we'll see how good a job I did in that six months. It's hard, but it's part of the football career. Any sportsman has the risk of injuries and hopefully this is the past and better days are coming for me."
Vidic admitted that the stalemate at the Ullevaal Stadium was a positive experience in spite of the result, and is now looking forward to next week's meeting with Barcelona in Gothenburg as the Reds' pre-season preparations continue.
"It went well," he said. "Obviously it was the first appearance for a few players, obviously myself as well. It was a good test. Obviously the result was not as we expected but still we had chances we didn't score. I think it was a good game and a really good test for us.
"It [Barcelona] will be a tough game, but obviously it will be a good test for us. We need those games before the league starts. We have to know it's a friendly game and it doesn't count for the trophies and points".
Other news Premier League (England)
- 06 Feb 00:39 OFFICIAL - Middlesbrough, goalkeeper Mejias extends until 2018
- 06 Feb 00:19 OFFICIAL - Boca Juniors, Insaurralde is back. Marín at Camoranesi's Tigre
- 05 Feb 23:55 GALATASARAY - Burak Yilmaz going to China, Zaccheroni is waiting for him
- 05 Feb 23:48 OFFICIAL - Sevilla, Kakuta sold to Hebei fortune
- 05 Feb 17:48 Spurs better off without Kane?
- 05 Feb 17:25 Mourinho next to be targeted by Chinese Super League
- 05 Feb 17:14 Hiddink believes good time are ahead for Chelsea
- 05 Feb 16:58 Far East a threat to Europe's top leagues?
- 05 Feb 16:47 'Manchester City move will not distract Bayern' says Guardiola
- 05 Feb 16:35 Pellegrini: 'Leicester not the biggest game of the season'
- 05 Feb 16:26 New TV deal will not lower ticket prices says Wenger
- 05 Feb 16:19 Howe's praise for in-form Boruc
- 05 Feb 16:11 Crystal Palace have worst form in Europe
- 05 Feb 13:00 SLOVAKIA/ OFFICIAL, Slovan Bratislava sign Under-19 NT captain Kopicar
- 05 Feb 12:47 Arsenal, Wenger: "I’m happy for Benik Afobe"
- 05 Feb 12:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Barnsley sign Harris
- 05 Feb 12:30 SLOVAKIA/ OFFICIAL, Chinese youngster Cong Huang AS Trencin
- 05 Feb 12:15 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Kayserispor sign William
- 05 Feb 12:00 TURKEY/ FENERBAHCE: Willing to sign Markovic on a full basis, but Klopp wants him back at Liverpool
- 05 Feb 12:00 LA LIGA / REAL BETIS BALÓN PIE: Damiao the new player
- 05 Feb 11:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Zaza's agent: "He definitely doesn't want to leave"
- 05 Feb 11:31 Atletico Madrid - Three players targeted by Chinese clubs
- 05 Feb 11:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, From Spain: duel to Barça on Marquinhos
- 05 Feb 11:22 Valencia - Rafa Benitez set to oust Gary Neville
- 05 Feb 11:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Fulham sign Rohan Ince
- 05 Feb 11:14 Arsenal - Tomas Rosicky ruled out for further 12 weeks
- 05 Feb 11:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, In touch with Ajax for Bazoer
- 05 Feb 10:59 Manchester United - Mourinho confident of Job
- 05 Feb 10:48 Arsenal - Wenger’s pre-Bournemouth press conference in short.
- 05 Feb 10:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Brighton sign Skalak and Ayunga. Elvis Manu loaned out
- 05 Feb 10:40 Chelsea – Diego Costa is target for Atletico Madrid
- 05 Feb 10:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bristol City sign O'Donnell from Wigan on a full basis
- 05 Feb 10:29 Shakhtar Donetsk - Alex Teixeira signed for Chinese club Jiangsu Suning
- 05 Feb 10:22 Daniel Sturridge ready to quit Liverpool
- 05 Feb 10:16 Manchester United bid £145m for Neymar
- 05 Feb 10:15 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Red Star Belgrade sign 3 players
- 05 Feb 10:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, From Chile: Vidal possibly Juventus back
- 05 Feb 10:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW / PREMIER LEAGUE: Manchester United: Mourinho Says OK to UNITED
- 05 Feb 09:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, U.S. American youngster Joshua Perez joins in
- 05 Feb 09:40 EXCLUSIVE TMW / LA LIGA / ATLÉTICO MADRID: Vidal to Atlético
- 05 Feb 09:30 FRANCE/ O.M., 8 million euros ready for hiring Cabella back from Newcastle
- 05 Feb 09:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Willing to sign Mammana as Romagnoli's future partner
- 05 Feb 09:00 RUSSIA/ CSKA MOSCOW, Okotie's agent reveals talks
- 05 Feb 08:45 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Back for Agüero if FIFA allow offers
- 05 Feb 08:30 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Negotiation for Sven Bender's renewal started
- 05 Feb 08:15 SPAIN/ DEPORTIVO, Mosquera in talks for long-term renewal
- 05 Feb 08:00 FRANCE/ OGC NICE, Pied discloses he's willing to renew
- 05 Feb 07:45 UKRAINE/ SHAKHTAR, First Chinese offer for Alex Teixeira refused
- 05 Feb 07:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Suggestion for Candreva
- 05 Feb 07:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Betis sign Damião
Boca Juniors bought central defender Juan Manuel Insuarralde for $1.5m from Mexican side Jaguares.
Insuarralde also played in Spartak Moscow, Paok Salonicco and Newell's Old Boys.
Boca also sold to Club Atletico Tigre the right full back Leandro Marín.
As reported on Juventus official site, 28 years old Uruguayan defensive all-rounder underwent a series of tests to ascertain the full extent of h
The Daily Express reports that former Chelsea and Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez set to oust Gary Neville at Valencia. The former pundit turned manager N
A bizzare stat has shown that Tottenham would in fact be better off if striker Harry Kane hadn't scored a goal at either end of the pitch thi
Girondins Bordeaux has announced the signing of Uruguayan Mauro Arambarri and Brazilian Malcom.
Pep Guardiola believes the announcement of his move to Manchester City in the summer will not affect him or Bayern Munich this season.