ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Brown extends with Leeds
07.08.2012 11.33 by TM W
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Lee Peltier says he is "buzzing" after completing his switch from Leicester City at the weekend.
The 25-year-old sealed his move on Saturday afternoon before traveling across to Preston where delighted boss Neil Warnock introduced him to fans after the final whistle.
Lee signed a three-year contract, confirming weeks of media speculation that he was set to join United, despite interest from a host of clubs.
"It was a long process, but I'm buzzing now it's all sorted," said the former Liverpool trainee. "I couldn't wait to get stuck in with my first session on Monday.
"I wouldn't say the past few weeks have been frustrating, but when things go on for a while they get to you. I was at a good club, but I knew it was time to move on and as soon as I knew Leeds wanted me I wanted to come here.
"I had a few options, but I sat down with my family and friends, and went through them all, and Leeds was my first choice. You look at the fan base and the size of the club is massive, the gaffer can attract players with his record, and I wanted to come here."
Lee started his career at Liverpool as youngster and after moving on to Yeovil he spent two seasons with Huddersfield in League One before stepping up to the Championship with Leicester after the Terriers failed to win promotion in 2011.
Lee was signed by Sven Goran Eriksson at Leicester, but the former England boss was replaced by Nigel Pearson, and the new boss has looked to re-shuffle.
"I enjoyed my time at Leicester and made a lot of good friends, but it was time to move on and this is a new chapter in my career," said Lee.
"The manager hasn't hidden that he wants promotion and I've bought into what he had to say. I was looking though the fixtures, there's some good teams and it's going to be a good season.
"Most of the teams I've been to have been in the same situation with ambitions of promotion so I'm used to that and I just want to get cracking."
United fans may remember Lee as an attacking full-back from his appearances against us for both Yeovil and Huddersfield.
"I'm an honest player who can work hard," he said. "I like to get forward. First and foremost I'm a defender, but if there's a chance to get forward I will."
Other news Transfer market
- 30 May 13:18 ROMA - Szczesny will renews his loan deal from ARSENAL
- 30 May 13:01 WEST HAM - Payet: "I should probably remain with Hammers next season"
- 30 May 12:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AC Milan, survey on Selke
- 30 May 12:30 PSG, Cash assault on Everton ready for signing Lukaku
- 30 May 12:15 FIORENTINA, Bartra might join on an 8 million € offer
- 30 May 12:00 WIGAN, Warnock joining Latics this summer
- 30 May 11:44 JUVENTUS, Allegri hopes Morata will stay
- 30 May 11:35 LAZIO, Balotelli could join
- 30 May 11:28 ROMA - Nainggolan rejects Chelsea
- 30 May 11:17 MANCHESTER UNITED - Saul Niguez
- 30 May 11:06 JUVENTUS - Goodbye Morata
- 30 May 10:55 NAPOLI - Klaassen in or out?
- 30 May 10:43 NAPOLI'S MIDFIELD - Vecino e Zielinski
- 30 May 10:32 BAYERN MUNICH - Gotze willing to stay despite rumors
- 30 May 10:21 EVERTON battle to pinch Ronald Koeman from Southampton
- 30 May 10:09 MANCHESTER UNITED boss Mourinho wants Ferdinand as assistant
- 30 May 09:55 ROMA willing to extend Szczesny loan
- 30 May 09:43 WEST HAM set to move for Roberto Pereyra
- 30 May 09:32 SUNDERLAND to bid for Subotic
- 30 May 09:17 JUVENTUS to announce Dani Alves
- 29 May 21:23 PSG - Thiago Silva not expected to leave
- 29 May 21:13 GALATASARAY set to move for Dzeko
- 29 May 19:18 LEICESTER - Kante: "I am happy here"
- 29 May 19:07 CHELSEA target Nainggolan would prefer move to Man United
- 29 May 18:53 REAL MADRID could keep Isco
- 29 May 18:39 MANCHESTER UNITED - Roy Keane: "I am not a fan of Mourinho"
- 29 May 18:26 BAYERN MUNICH won't let Lewandowski leave
- 29 May 18:11 BORUSSIA DORTMUND - Uncertain future for Aubameyang
- 29 May 17:57 BARCELONA defender Bartra targeted by Tottenham
- 29 May 17:43 BARNSLEY are promoted to the Championship
- 29 May 17:33 STOKE CITY set to move for Axel Witsel
- 29 May 17:19 MANCHESTER UNITED star Carrick to extend
- 29 May 17:04 BORO set to move for Espinosa
- 29 May 16:48 BESIKTAS keen on Arsenal keeper Ospina
- 29 May 16:27 ARSENAL - Djorou: "Xhaka reminds me Pirlo"
- 29 May 16:01 REAL MADRID - James Rodriguez: "I want to stay"
- 29 May 15:42 REAL MADRID - Ramos: "I'll always be wherever is Perez"
- 29 May 15:31 TOTTENHAM - Davies: "We jocked Pochettino was leaving"
- 29 May 15:14 LEICESTER CITY hold talks with Hannover keeper Zieler
- 29 May 12:46 CHELSEA set to move for Ivan Perisic
- 29 May 12:29 JUVENTUS rejected an enquiry for Dybala
- 29 May 12:15 REAL MADRID star Benzema keen to stay
- 29 May 12:01 LEICESTER CITY enter talks over Steven N'Zonzi
- 29 May 11:46 WEST HAM £3m offer to sign Braithwaite
- 29 May 11:33 MANCHESTER CITY target Toni Kroos
- 29 May 11:11 ARSENAL new signing Xhaka happy to be a Gunner
- 29 May 10:54 MANCHESTER UNITED to bid for Stones
- 29 May 10:36 PSG join Chelsea in the race for Lukaku
- 29 May 10:18 ATLETICO MADRID - Simeone: "Congratulations to Real"
- 29 May 10:01 BAYER MUNICH - Low: "Gotze should deal with Liverpool after the Euros"
- 29 May 09:46 CHELSEA set sights on Donnarumma
- 29 May 09:28 MANCHESTER UNITED - Holloway: "Why doesn't someone like Bruce get considered?"
- 29 May 09:14 NORWICH - Alex Neil: "have a structure in place now"
- 29 May 09:05 MANCHESTER UNITED to offer Rashford a new deal
- 28 May 22:37 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - Real Madrid 1 - 1 Ateltico Madrid - ET
- 28 May 21:45 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - Real Madrid 1 - 1 Ateltico Madrid - FT
- 28 May 20:43 Champions League Final – Real Madrid 1-0 Atletico Madrid – HT
- 28 May 20:20 Phil Neville links EVERTON's Stones with MAN UTD
- 28 May 19:57 CL FINAL GOAL- RAMOS- Real Madrid 1-0 Atletico Madrid
- 28 May 19:53 CHELSEA - in talks over Pogba
- 28 May 19:31 BAYERN MUNICH- 'Gotze future can wait'
- 28 May 19:01 HULL CITY 1-0 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - Hull return to Premier League
- 28 May 18:49 UCL/FINAL, ATLETICO MADRID vs REAL MADRID - Official Line Ups
- 28 May 18:17 WATFORD - official Miguel Layun leaves for Porto
- 28 May 17:44 BAYERN MUNICH wants to sign Mesut Ozil
- 28 May 17:29 FIORENTINA keen on Bartra
- 28 May 17:11 ATLETICO MADRID set sights on Candreva
- 28 May 16:57 BARCELONA star Sergi Samper to extend
- 28 May 16:44 WATFORD keen on Inter Milan duo
- 28 May 16:30 OFFICIAL - BORO, Woodgate ends his contract
- 28 May 16:15 READING to appoint Jaap Stam
- 28 May 16:01 NEWCASTLE set to move for Championship trio
- 28 May 15:54 Barcellona, Neymar refused Paris Saint Germain's offer
- 28 May 15:46 LIVERPOOL - Klopp wants Vidal
- 28 May 15:35 Inter, Galatasaray wants back Felipe Melo in Turkey
- 28 May 15:32 LEICESTER - Ranieri: "We must keep our stars"
- 28 May 15:19 WEST HAM - willing to spend £30m on striker this summer
- 28 May 15:09 Inter-Vilhena, done deal: for the Dutch five-years-contract
- 28 May 15:03 Milan, Negredo could replace Balotelli
- 28 May 15:01 TOTTENHAM top brass scout Janssen
- 28 May 14:55 Juventus target Andre Gomes
- 28 May 14:40 CRYSTAL PALACE - Chamakh to leave?
- 28 May 14:37 Siviglia, target Valencia goalkeeper Alves
- 28 May 14:32 Porto, agreement with Watford for the purchase's outright of Layun
- 28 May 14:17 GALATASARAY - Monitoring Baloteli
- 28 May 14:02 LEICESTER CITY - Ranieri close to new deal
- 28 May 13:45 ARSENAL - Bellarin 'flattered' by Barca interest
- 28 May 13:30 REAL MADRID held talks with Lewandowski
- 28 May 13:15 MANCHESTER UNITED - Raiola: "Ibrahimovic has yet to decide"
- 28 May 12:56 REAL MADRID - Toni Kroos: "No worries over future"
- 28 May 12:43 MANCHESTER UNITED - Juan Mata wants assurance over future
- 28 May 12:28 LIVERPOOL set to move for Vidal
- 28 May 12:14 CHELSEA - Eden Hazard keen to stay
- 28 May 11:58 CRYSTAL PALACE - Keshi Anderson to extend
- 28 May 11:44 NAPOLI to enter talks with Juventus for Neto
- 28 May 11:38 INTER MILAN try to sign Vilhena
- 28 May 11:15 BARCELONA want to "steal" Juventus target Berardi
- 28 May 11:01 BORUSSIA DORTMUND place a £10m bid to sign Guerreiro
- 28 May 10:45 VALENCIA lining up a move for Diawara
- 28 May 10:34 CHELSEA - Antonio Conte to let Oscar go
While still keeping an eye on players such as Gonzalo Higuain, Alvaro Morata, Anthony Martial and Antoine Griezmann, Paris Saint-Germain seem to have chosen Belgian international striker Romelu Lukaku (23) as their main target for replacing the departed Zlatan Ibrahimovic (while
According to Sky Sport 24 Silvio Berlusconi has spoken about the negotiations for Milan sale with the Chinese group even saying a joke: "I
After having already trained them back in 2003/04, Spanish 61 years old Juande Ramos has been appointed again Malaga manager. Former Dnipro Dnipr
According to Daily Telegraph Claudio Ranieri is close to renewal's contract with Leicester. Italian coach, who won the last edition of the Premier
Lille, according on his official site, has communicated goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama's renewal contract. Nigerian player has signed until 2019.
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told Kicker magazine that he has discussed with Mario Gotze his future at the club and told him he needs