ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Brown extends with Leeds
07.08.2012 11.33 by TM W
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Lee Peltier says he is "buzzing" after completing his switch from Leicester City at the weekend.
The 25-year-old sealed his move on Saturday afternoon before traveling across to Preston where delighted boss Neil Warnock introduced him to fans after the final whistle.
Lee signed a three-year contract, confirming weeks of media speculation that he was set to join United, despite interest from a host of clubs.
"It was a long process, but I'm buzzing now it's all sorted," said the former Liverpool trainee. "I couldn't wait to get stuck in with my first session on Monday.
"I wouldn't say the past few weeks have been frustrating, but when things go on for a while they get to you. I was at a good club, but I knew it was time to move on and as soon as I knew Leeds wanted me I wanted to come here.
"I had a few options, but I sat down with my family and friends, and went through them all, and Leeds was my first choice. You look at the fan base and the size of the club is massive, the gaffer can attract players with his record, and I wanted to come here."
Lee started his career at Liverpool as youngster and after moving on to Yeovil he spent two seasons with Huddersfield in League One before stepping up to the Championship with Leicester after the Terriers failed to win promotion in 2011.
Lee was signed by Sven Goran Eriksson at Leicester, but the former England boss was replaced by Nigel Pearson, and the new boss has looked to re-shuffle.
"I enjoyed my time at Leicester and made a lot of good friends, but it was time to move on and this is a new chapter in my career," said Lee.
"The manager hasn't hidden that he wants promotion and I've bought into what he had to say. I was looking though the fixtures, there's some good teams and it's going to be a good season.
"Most of the teams I've been to have been in the same situation with ambitions of promotion so I'm used to that and I just want to get cracking."
United fans may remember Lee as an attacking full-back from his appearances against us for both Yeovil and Huddersfield.
"I'm an honest player who can work hard," he said. "I like to get forward. First and foremost I'm a defender, but if there's a chance to get forward I will."
Other news Transfers
- 29 Sep 16:15 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hibernian sign EARDLEY
- 29 Sep 16:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FIFA agent Salvini: "Many Serie A clubs rejected SLIMANI for less than half a million"
- 29 Sep 15:48 VALENCIA - Half fans not thrilled with PRANDELLI, according to poll
- 29 Sep 15:32 CHELSEA not giving up on GRIEZMANN
- 29 Sep 15:17 BARCELONA FC, Ter Stegen: "We all needed the club to let myself or Bravo go"
- 29 Sep 15:00 AS ROMA will meet again NAINGGOLAN's entourage next week
- 29 Sep 14:42 OFFICIAL - Ivaylo PETEV is CL side DINAMO ZAGREB new manager
- 29 Sep 14:30 REAL MADRID challenging United in pursuing Portuguese wonder GELSON MARTINS
- 29 Sep 14:15 RB LEIPZIG - Mandatory deal extension for COMPPER after 25 caps
- 29 Sep 14:00 FENERBAHCE, Van Persie: "Moving around a lot suits me well. My kids will be involved in future choices"
- 29 Sep 13:34 MAN UNITED - Mourinho not convinced to let Rooney start tonight in EL
- 29 Sep 13:02 GOLDEN BOY - Rashford, Sanches, Sane and Gabigol in the 40 nominees shortlist
- 29 Sep 12:33 ARSENAL and LIVERPOOL plotting Defrel move
- 29 Sep 12:16 ARSENAL - Ozil could leave Gunners for dream return to Real Madrid
- 29 Sep 12:01 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We are alive and kicking, I'm satisfied"
- 29 Sep 11:41 FA expected to make an approach for Arsenal manager Wenger
- 29 Sep 11:38 BAYERN MUNCHEN, Neuer: "Atletico showed killer instinct"
- 29 Sep 11:11 LEICESTER star Vardy revealed his matchday diet
- 29 Sep 10:44 ENGLAND - Klinsmann won't replace Allardyce
- 29 Sep 10:18 CHELSEA, Conte: "When you want to win you must have a good balance"
- 29 Sep 09:49 SEVILLE, Balague: “Wonderful seeing Nasri enjoying his football again”
- 29 Sep 09:24 LAZIO set sights on free agent Raul Meireles
- 29 Sep 08:57 MANCHESTER UNITED manager Mourinho backs Mata
- 29 Sep 08:28 PREMIER LEAGUE trio keen on LIVERPOOL striker Sturridge
- 28 Sep 22:31 ATLETICO MADRID, Carrasco: "I've been lucky tonight"
- 28 Sep 22:27 BREAKING NEWS - Prandelli agrees two-year deal at VALENCIA
- 28 Sep 22:12 BAYERN MUNCHEN, Robben: "We'll learn from this defeat"
- 28 Sep 22:08 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We showed great quality of football"
- 28 Sep 21:55 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FULL TIME SCORES
- 28 Sep 20:34 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HALF TIME SCORES
- 28 Sep 20:00 HULL CITY - Kuciak might leave in January
- 28 Sep 19:45 WOLFSBURG - Ascues might be loaned back to Alianza Lima
- 28 Sep 19:42 UCL/ LUDOGORETS v PSG, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:39 UCL/ FC ROSTOV v PSV EINDHOVEN, Official Line-Ups
- 28 Sep 19:35 UCL/ BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH v BARCELONA, Alcacer replaces Messi
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 19:30 UCL/ ARSENAL v BASEL, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:26 UCL/ NAPOLI v BENFICA, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:24 UCL/ BESIKTAS v DYNAMO KIEV, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:21 UCL/ CELTIC v MAN CITY, Official Line Ups, Kolarov plays as centre-back
- 28 Sep 19:15 Mino RAIOLA wants PSG to sign Bruno DIP
- 28 Sep 19:14 UCL/ ATLETICO MADRID v BAYERN MUNICH, Official Line Ups, Torres starts
- 28 Sep 19:00 LIVERPOOL - 4 winter suitors for STURRIDGE
- 28 Sep 18:45 BARCELONA still aiming for DEMBELE
- 28 Sep 18:30 ARSENAL will having DEFREL scouted tomorrow
- 28 Sep 18:15 THIAGO SILVA puzzled about staying put at PSG
- 28 Sep 18:00 HOFFENHEIM - Süle scouted by 3 Premier League top clubs: ARSENAL, EVERTON & Spurs
- 28 Sep 17:45 LIVERPOOL - Klopp not giving up on BIGLIA
- 28 Sep 17:30 JUVENTUS scouting LINDELOF tonight at Napoli stadium
- 28 Sep 17:15 SCHALKE 04 - Doubts on buying BENTALEB back from Spurs
Interviewed in exclusive by TMW Italy, FIFA agent Stefano Salvini revealed some of current Leicester City hitman Islam Slimani's backstory: "Back in January 2013, when he was playing in Algeria, for Belouizdad, and was just on and off as a national team member, I thought
Interviewed in exclusive by TMW Italy, FIFA agent Stefano Salvini revealed some of current Leicester City hitman Islam Slimani's backstory: "
While Italian 59-year old manager Cesare Prandelli has just agreed terms with Valencia CF, and is being signed on a 2 year-deal, a poll launched by Sp
Bound to a trainee contract to São Paulo for the time being, Brazilian 18-year old full-back/defensive midfielder Bruno Dip, managed by co
Playing for RB Leipzig since 2014/15, German centre-back Marvin Compper (31), according to Kicker, will benefit from a mandatory deal extens