BARCELONA, Iniesta: "It’s our responsibility to give everything to keep this working"
07.08.2012 17.15 by TM W
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
The Barça midfielder feels the pressure is on to show that Barça are as strong as ever and knows they’ll need to be at their best if they want to win titles
He feels winning the Spanish Supercup would be a boost for morale, but the season doesn’t depend in any way on the outcome on these clashes with Real Madrid
“The manager has changed, but the main responsibility still lies with the players. It’s our responsibility to give everything to keep this working” said Andrés Iniesta in his press conference this morning. He knows the Barça team will need to produce their best football in order to win titles this season, saying that “the key to everything has been finding the right balance and we have all gone in the same direction, not just the players but everybody around us”.
On new manager Tito Vilanova, Iniesta said that “although we’ve been together for a few years, his responsibility isn’t the same any more.” But that doesn’t necessarily mean he will be under extra pressure because “at this club we always demand the very best possible, this year the same as any other. The important thing is for the team to be as hungry as ever”.
Manchester United test ahead of Supercup
Barça play Manchester United this Wednesday in Gothenburg, the fourth match of the preseason. Iniesta agrees with Tito Vilanova that the game with PSG showed why it is preferable to play top class teams in the preseason. “It’s always hard, because it’s the start of the season, but tougher opponents oblige you to put more into your game. Indirectly, it’s better, because you have to get into shape quicker.” The Supercup matches with Real Madrid are just around the corner and “we have to try to be at our very best for those”.
Continuing on the subject of the Supercup matches, Iniesta said “we treat them as very important, although they won’t decide the season … But whoever wins will gain more confidence”.
Villa coming back
David Villa has been named in the squad to travel to Gothenburg and Bucharest, and Iniesta knows that his team-mate is thoroughly looking forward to the trip. “He looks great to me considering he’s been injured for so long” said the Spanish international. “It’s lovely to see him training because he’s such a fundamental player and we hope it won’t be long before he’s back doing what he does best - score goals.”
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 06 Dec 06:00 ESPANYOL, Collet: "Casilla wants to stay"
- 05 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We respect Valdes' decision"
- 04 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Messi? I don't need him, I have Ronaldo"
- 03 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya: "We are in talks for a new contract, but.."
- 01 Dec 09:00 REAL MADRID, Sergio Ramos: "I have three more years on my contract"
- 30 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Sanabria's agent: "Roma, Milan and Arsenal concrete options"
- 29 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Bernat's agent: "He is happy here, but.."
- 28 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Alderweireld: "It would be great to have De Bruyne with us"
- 27 Nov 11:30 BARCELONA FC, Puyol on Ajax failure: "Our performance is unacceptable"
- 27 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA, Maduro: "I want to play somewhere else, even in Holland"
- 26 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Pinto: "I want to stay"
- 25 Nov 18:15 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Wenger should buy us a dinner for Ozil"
- 25 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "I want to stay forever"
- 24 Nov 09:30 SEVILLA, Rakitic: "The new contact? There is no hurry"
- 23 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 22 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "New contract? We'll see"
- 21 Nov 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "We won't yield Griezmann"
- 20 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Fabregas: "I want to end my career here"
- 19 Nov 19:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Xavi and Tello join Messi on the injury list
- 19 Nov 12:45 BARCELONA, Busquets backs Messi patience
- 19 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "We son't sign a substitute for Khedira"
- 18 Nov 09:19 REAL MADRID, Microsoft won't rename Santiago Bernabeu
- 18 Nov 05:59 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Iniesta's new contract? Before Christmas"
- 17 Nov 08:30 ATLETICO, Rodriguez's agent: "His future? There's an offer from England"
- 16 Nov 14:30 REAL MADRID, Medical report on Khedira's tough injury
- 16 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I would like Reina to join us"
- 15 Nov 11:30 BARCELONA FC, Neymar: "We are almost due to win World Cup. Leo Messi, join us back!"
- 15 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Villa: "No regrets about Barça, I'm happy here"
- 14 Nov 19:15 BARCELONA, 14 players in first team training
- 14 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Song: "My future? Now I am happy here"
- 13 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Modric: "I am happy here"
- 12 Nov 12:04 BARCELONA, Fàbregas is pleased with his current form
- 12 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Banega's agent: "Many clubs are tracking him"
- 11 Nov 08:00 BARCELONA, Piqué: "Messi the best player ever"
- 10 Nov 09:29 ESPANYOL, Collet: "Casilla is going nowhere"
- 09 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Casillas wants to stay"
- 08 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Sergi Roberto's agent: "No contacts with Milan"
- 07 Nov 18:30 REAL MADRID, Morata: "My time will come, I am just thinking about enjoying myself"
- 07 Nov 16:26 BARCELONA, Neymar: "The team is growing, bit by bit"
- 07 Nov 12:26 BARCELONA, Messi: "Calm about recovering from injury"
- 07 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Banega's agent: "PSG? I don't think it's possible"
- 06 Nov 15:30 REAL MADRID, U.S. computer titan Microsoft ready to colonize Santiago Bernabeu
- 05 Nov 16:00 BARCELONA, Dos Santos operation succesful
- 05 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Galliani is the CR7 of the executives"
- 04 Nov 19:15 BARCELONA, Dos Santos to undergo operation
- 02 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I won't join Napoli"
- 01 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Djukic: "I will keep on leading this team"
- 30 Oct 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "I am happy here, but..."
- 30 Oct 00:45 ATLETICO MADRID, Costa reveals why he chose Spain over Brazil
- 29 Oct 16:44 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Blatter showed a lack of respect for Cristiano Ronaldo"
- 07 Dec 13:30 SCOTLAND/ CELTIC, Test period for Yamada
- 07 Dec 11:30 ARSENAL v EVERTON - Preview, Wenger: "Martinez is doing remarkably well. But we are hungry for winning"
- 07 Dec 09:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, From Spain: Di Maria towards Ligue 1
- 07 Dec 07:30 ITALY/ TORINO, Barreto might leave in January
- 06 Dec 21:30 ARSENAL, Updates on Podolski
- 06 Dec 21:15 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, One more Premier League top suitor for Morata
- 06 Dec 21:00 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Keen on McGeady
- 06 Dec 20:45 ARSENAL, Wenger still on Bendtner: "He worked hard, and deserved to be picked"
- 06 Dec 20:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Offer for Batshuayi ready
- 06 Dec 20:15 JAPAN/ CEREZO OSAKA, Simplicio set to leave
- 06 Dec 20:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON - Preview, Gareth Barry: "Gunners have been a surprise. They were interested in me"
- 06 Dec 19:45 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Willing to sign Anderson back
- 06 Dec 19:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Still keen on Shaqiri
- 06 Dec 19:15 FRANCE/ PSG, Lucas Moura: "I want to keep playing here and leave my mark"
- 06 Dec 19:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Suggestion for Glen Johnson
- 06 Dec 18:45 ARSENAL, Jenkinson: "Let's keep this attitude for continuing the run we are on"
- 06 Dec 18:30 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola wants Iñigo Martínez
- 06 Dec 18:15 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Eyes on Kukoc
- 06 Dec 18:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON - Preview: updates on Sagna
- 06 Dec 17:45 WORLD CUP 2014, All the groups drawn
- 06 Dec 17:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, One more suitor for Niang
- 06 Dec 17:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Two suitors on Ryo Miyaichi
- 06 Dec 17:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Lavezzi coy on London links
- 06 Dec 16:50 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Jovetic's agent: "Coming back home is not an option"
- 06 Dec 16:40 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Eyes on Ginter
- 06 Dec 16:30 FRANCE/ RENNES, English scouts for Bakayoko
- 06 Dec 16:25 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Gunners confirm Josh Kroenke as non-executive director
- 06 Dec 16:15 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Monaco tracking Matip
- 06 Dec 16:11 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Thun, Fischer extends until 2017
- 06 Dec 16:08 UDINESE, Guidolin: "We don't need compliments but points"
- 06 Dec 16:08 AC MILAN, Allegri: "Balotelli never went away. He’s had some injuries"
- 06 Dec 16:06 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Pochettino: "No crisis at St Mary's"
- 06 Dec 15:52 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Lille: Enyeama pens new deal
- 06 Dec 15:40 ITALY/ LAZIO, Widmer about to join
- 06 Dec 15:17 FRANCE/ RENENS, Eyes on Isimat-Mirin
- 06 Dec 14:57 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Song for Sale
- 06 Dec 14:39 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Keen on Kucka
- 06 Dec 14:19 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Fernando farther
- 06 Dec 14:00 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Two players extend with Thun
- 06 Dec 13:40 FRANCE/ PSG, Back for Cabaye
- 06 Dec 13:17 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Krasnodar sign Mamaev on permanent deal
- 06 Dec 12:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Marchetti could leave in January
- 06 Dec 12:39 ITALY/ GENOA, Two clubs after Lodi
- 06 Dec 12:19 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Ryazantsev closer
- 06 Dec 12:00 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Also Lokomotiv after Astori
- 06 Dec 11:40 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Criscito won't move in January
- 06 Dec 11:17 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Also Giefer on the wishlist
- 06 Dec 10:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Offer for Ibarbo ready
- 06 Dec 10:39 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Two options for the offensive line
- 06 Dec 10:19 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New contract for Pogba ready
Talking about tomorrow home game against Everton, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger stated: “He has done remarkably well because they have had some difficult games. They have played many of the big teams in the league and overall are in a very strong position....
The iron round continues and, after the away game to Juventus, Udinese are ready to face another tough opponent, Rafa Benitez's Napoli:...
Interviewed by Esport3, Espanyol president Joan Collet has declared about 27 year old goalkeeeper Kiko Casilla: "We want him to remain with...
Talking about tomorrow home game against Everton, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger stated: “He has done remarkably well because they...
Interviewed by TMW, Oscar Daniani Junior, agent of Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, has declared: "Napoli have been...
Interviewed by Milliyet, Fenerbahçe winger Milos Krasic, actually on loan at Bastia, has declared: "It's not easy to play in...