JUVENTUS, Marchisio: “Hungry for success”
08.08.2012 13.59 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Claudio Marchisio has vowed to lift Juventus to victory in Saturday’s Super Cup clash with Napoli. The 26-year-old, whose nine strikes from midfield signalled his best goalscoring return since breaking into the first-team, believes the Bianconeri will burst out the traps when they lock horns with Walter Mazzarri’s men in Beijing.
Speaking at a press conference from the team’s base in China, Marchisio said: “We need to show we’re the strongest in our game against Napoli. We’re playing for the first trophy of the season, we’re the reigning champions and we want to display that on the pitch. Juventus are always hungry for success.”
The boyhood Bianconeri fan moved quickly to refute suggestions that playing in finals is only a worthwhile exercise for the side that emerges victorious.
“Some say that it would be better not to get to the final in the first place than to lose it, but I don’t agree with that. These games help a player grow and allow you to learn how to face similar fixtures in the future. There isn’t a favourite, two great teams will face each other and the side with the most hunger will emerge victorious.”
Saturday’s encounter at Beijing’s Olympic Stadium will be the first time Conte’s men have faced Napoli since a 2-0 defeat in May’s Coppa Italia final. Marchisio is fully aware of the strength possessed by the Partenopei, but thinks the opposition will be equally as fearful of a ravenous Juventus.
“They’ve developed greatly over the last few years and have made quality purchases. However, we’re the reigning champions and they’re also aware they’ll be facing a tough team who want to continue winning.”
There have been whispers that current off-field events might disrupt the Bianconeri’s Super Cup preparations, yet the midfielder insists all sights remain fixed on avenging May’s defeat.
“We’re just thinking about the game. We’ve got thick skin and seeing the manager so focused can only rub off on us. We’re not affected by events going on around us, if anything it gives us a boost to do well.”
The discussion then moved to the club’s work in the transfer market, prompting Marchisio to praise the new signings who have the unenviable task of battling for a place in one of the best midfields in Europe.
“We required fresh impetus. The club has done extremely well to bring in important players like Asamoah and Isla, who contributed to Udinese’s success over the past few years.
“Di Natale spoke very highly of Asamoah while we were on international duty. Asa’s a great lad, besides being a versatile and precise footballer.
“The manager has tried him as an inside midfielder during the friendlies and he did well, but he can also play on the flank.”
This summer’s transfer business has also brought the return of Sebastian Giovinco. The diminutive frontman is back in Turin after a two-year stint at Parma, and Claudio can’t wait to play alongside his close friend.
“Giovinco has immediately settled in brilliantly, I had no doubt he would. He’s matured, the years go by and he’s been able to get on with his football and show his worth at Parma. I was with him on international duty and on holiday and I know he wants to do the same here.”
Many players have expressed their surprise and delight at the incredible reception they have been afforded since touching down in Beijing. And Marchisio believes it demonstrates exactly how highly Juventus are regarded on a global scale.
“It’s a sign of how important Juventus are across the world. We can only thank all our Chinese fans who follow us and wait in the hotel for an autograph or photo.
“The Spanish and English leagues are probably more popular here, but Italian football isn’t inferior, our run in the European Championships proves just that.”
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 28 Apr 17:21 ROMA - El Shaarawy wants to stay
- 28 Apr 16:43 TORINO - Paredes first target
- 28 Apr 12:46 ROMA - Pjanic or Nainggolan to leave
- 28 Apr 12:22 ROMA - Caceres in the spotlight
- 28 Apr 08:42 INTER - Mancini to accept Italy job
- 28 Apr 08:29 LAZIO - To bid for Pellé
- 27 Apr 15:12 JUVENTUS - Oscar-Isco to replace Cuadrado-Morata
- 27 Apr 14:53 FIORENTINA - Tottenham set to move for Kalinic
- 27 Apr 14:42 JUVENTUS - Evra: "I've not take a decision yet"
- 27 Apr 12:42 JUVENTUS - Eyes on Liverpool target Zielinski
- 26 Apr 20:09 TRANSFER MARKET - Two clubs interested in AS ROMA's Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 19:33 JUVENTUS - Allegri gets contract extension
- 26 Apr 13:24 INTER - Offered Thauvin
- 26 Apr 12:17 JUVENTUS - Morata uncertain about future
- 26 Apr 11:57 FIORENTINA - Eyes on Praet and Missiroli
- 26 Apr 11:44 LAZIO - Time to choose the manager
- 26 Apr 11:32 TORINO - set to bid for Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 10:39 INTER - Ajax Sporting Director: "No meeting set for El Ghazi"
- 26 Apr 01:09 FIORENTINA - Kalinic not eager to leave
- 25 Apr 20:45 JUVENTUS - Allegri to extend his contract
- 25 Apr 20:33 ROMA - Szczesny: "Roma and Arsenal are in negotiations"
- 25 Apr 20:06 JUVENTUS - Marotta: "Cavani? He is an opportunity"
- 25 Apr 19:51 INTER - Man United to beat Nerazzurri for Feghouli
- 25 Apr 19:50 Carpi v Empoli 1 -0 FT score
- 25 Apr 19:12 LAZO - Borini set for Serie A return
- 25 Apr 17:52 SERIE A - Verona 2-1 Milan - Final Score
- 25 Apr 17:29 SERIE A - Verona 1-1 Milan - Live Score
- 24 Apr 21:42 SERIE A - Fiorentina 1 - 2 Juventus - Full Time Result
- 24 Apr 20:49 SERIE A - Fiorentina 0 - 1 Juventus - Half Time Result
- 24 Apr 16:00 SERIE A/ 14:00 KO – Full-time scores
- 24 Apr 14:49 SERIE A/ 14:00 BST Games – Halftime scores
- 23 Apr 20:43 SERIE A - Inter Milan 1-1 Udinese (Half Time)
- 23 Apr 19:15 INTER v UDINESE- Official Line Ups
- 23 Apr 11:29 JUVENTUS - Keen on Tourè and Fernando
- 23 Apr 10:52 JUVENTUS - André Gomes first choice in midfield
- 23 Apr 10:41 MILAN - El Ghazi could join rivals
- 23 Apr 10:33 LAZIO - Gabbiadini or Lapadula to replace Klose
- 23 Apr 09:33 ATALANTA - Cigarini wants to stay
- 23 Apr 09:14 INTER - Jovetic to stay
- 23 Apr 08:57 SERIE A - Roma v Napoli: Predicted Line Ups
- 23 Apr 08:08 INTER - Join the race with Juventus and Milan for Gabriel Jesus
- 22 Apr 14:01 INTER - £4m for Ansaldi
- 22 Apr 13:54 INTER - Eyes on Candreva
- 22 Apr 13:44 ARSENAL - Keen on Emiliano Viviano again
- 22 Apr 13:25 INTER - £18m to sign Boufal
- 22 Apr 13:12 GENOA - Join the race for Lapadula and Caprari
- 22 Apr 08:46 UDINESE - Thereau: "I dream of playing with OM"
- 22 Apr 08:36 MILAN - Carlos Bacca angry with Christian Brocchi
- 22 Apr 08:02 LAZIO - New York Red Bulls keen on Miroslav Klose
- 21 Apr 20:50 SASSUOLO - Eusebio Di Francesco gets new contract
- 21 Apr 10:13 JUVENTUS - To bid for Mustafi
- 21 Apr 09:06 ROMA - Spalletti eyed for Italy national team job
- 20 Apr 21:41 SERIE A/19:45 KO Games, Fulltime Scores
- 20 Apr 19:17 SERIE A/Sassuolo 0 - 0 Sampdoria Full Time
- 20 Apr 10:42 NAPOLI - Mertens to extend after hat trick
- 20 Apr 10:33 BOLOGNA - Diawara to leave
- 20 Apr 10:21 FIORENTINA - Eyes on Salvatore Sirigu
- 20 Apr 09:45 JUVENTUS - Target Lapadula
- 20 Apr 07:53 JUVENTUS - Eyes on Kante
- 18 Apr 21:04 MILAN - Niang can recover for the Italian Cup Final
- 18 Apr 20:03 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 2 MLS clubs scouting Borriello
- 17 Apr 16:25 SERIE A - Full time results
- 17 Apr 14:07 SERIE A - ATLANTA 3-3 ROMA (Ended)
- 16 Apr 20:03 SERIE A/ BOLOGNA v TORINO 0-1 and CARPI v GENOA 4-1
- 16 Apr 00:00 INTER, Miranda: "I think I'll stay put, Champions League or not"
- 14 Apr 10:15 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Higuain stays, at least until facts prove me wrong"
- 13 Apr 11:43 SERIE A - TORINO: City and United want Maksimovic
- 13 Apr 10:47 AS ROMA - Rudiger targeted by Chelsea
- 12 Apr 19:37 INTER - Feghouli wage demands are too onerous
- 12 Apr 18:42 GENOA - Perin seriously injured
- 10 Apr 21:58 SERIE A - Full time: Palermo 0 - 3 Lazio
- 10 Apr 19:03 LEICESTER - Claudio Ranieri "Everything in our hands"
- 10 Apr 18:31 NAPOLI - No Higuain, No Problem for Napoli
- 10 Apr 16:00 SERIE A - The scores of Sunday afternoon games
- 10 Apr 14:06 SERIE A: Empoli 2 - 0 Fiorentina
- 09 Apr 10:20 SERIE A- Juve forward Dybala to miss Milan clash
- 08 Apr 23:35 TMW Radio - Di Natale's agent: "He'll leave Udinese, probably to move abroad"
- 08 Apr 17:11 SERIE A / JUVENTUS Target Rabiot
- 08 Apr 16:31 SERIE A / ROMA, Salih Uçan to be not confirmed at Fenerbahce
- 07 Apr 13:13 SERIE A / JUVENTS to set for Gotze-Isco duo
- 07 Apr 12:54 SERIE A/ INTER - Nagatomo to extend his contract
- 06 Apr 23:37 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Doubts on hiring Diamanti back from Guangzhou
- 06 Apr 22:00 ITALY/ INTER, Survey on Alex Silva
- 06 Apr 18:56 SERIE A / Juventus and Roma to bid for Wijnaldum
- 06 Apr 17:47 SERIE A / Milan keep eyes on Kovacic
- 05 Apr 10:24 SERIE A / GENOA - Pandev out for injury
- 05 Apr 07:50 SERIE A / The League Table
- 05 Apr 07:23 SERIE A / Juventus to fight against Tottenham for Batshuayi
- 04 Apr 22:29 SERIE A / BOLOGNA - VERONA: Final Score
- 03 Apr 20:02 LAZIO, Simone Inzaghi is the new first squad manager
- 03 Apr 16:01 SERIE A / The League Table
- 03 Apr 15:10 SERIE A / Half Time Scores
- 02 Apr 22:19 SERIE A / Final Scores
- 01 Apr 22:32 JUVENTUS - Buffon will retire at 40 years
- 01 Apr 16:31 JUVENTUS - The dream for Di Massimo goes on: he can debut in Serie A
- 31 Mar 20:11 INTER MILAN - Recoba retires
- 30 Mar 22:33 LAZIO, Veteran and icon Stefano Mauri unlikely to renew
- 30 Mar 17:17 INTER - Massive bids for Murillo
- 29 Apr 13:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Lippi can bring Jackson Martinez with him
- 29 Apr 12:51 ARSENAL - Wenger: "We work together closely"
- 29 Apr 12:46 WBA - Pulis: "Opportunity for the youngsters to play games"
- 29 Apr 12:26 CHELSEA - River set to bid for Falcao
- 29 Apr 12:12 EVERTON - Martinez in the brick of being sacked
- 29 Apr 12:01 ARSENAL - Eyes on Mkhitaryan
- 29 Apr 11:43 TOTTENHAM - Lead on Borja Baston
- 29 Apr 11:31 ARSENAL - Wenger: No big injury problems"
- 29 Apr 11:14 BORUSSIA DORTMUD - £80m budget
- 29 Apr 11:02 LEICESTER - Trophy in the city
- 29 Apr 10:56 VILLAREAL - Bakambu: "Not scared for the second leg"
- 29 Apr 10:42 SUNDERLAND , Borini: "Difficult a comeback to Italy"
- 29 Apr 10:21 VILLAREAL, Marcelino: "A bit closer to the Final"
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 10:00 LIVERPOOL, Free Ings costs Reds 6.5M pounds
- 29 Apr 09:59 TOTTENHAM - Alli banned
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 29 Apr 09:30 WEST HAM - Bilic wants to stop Cresswell from leaving
- 29 Apr 09:21 VALENCIA - Jardim new target
- 29 Apr 09:15 WOLFSBURG - A Chinese suitor for Luiz Gustavo
- 29 Apr 09:00 BORUSSIA DORTMUND - Back for Dragovic
- 29 Apr 08:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Benatia more and more likely to join
- 29 Apr 08:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "Several important clubs on him, but not it's time for the pitch"
- 29 Apr 08:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea call Piazon and Hector back
- 29 Apr 08:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, James Rodriguez's agent working on future away from Blancos: in talks with 2 top clubs
- 29 Apr 01:30 GERMANY/ HOFFENHEIM, One more suitor for Sule
- 29 Apr 01:15 ITALY/ FROSINONE, Crecco on target
- 29 Apr 01:00 HOLLAND/ AJAX, El Ghazi wants Premier League: Liverpool probing waters
- 29 Apr 00:45 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Suggestion for Ben Arfa
- 29 Apr 00:30 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Moving towards Parigini
- 29 Apr 00:15 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Approaching Bradley Dack
- 29 Apr 00:00 ITALY/ INTER, Santon towards departure: 5 suitors for him
- 28 Apr 23:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Fiorentina willing to hijack Budimir from Lazio
- 28 Apr 23:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Fritz renews for Werder one year longer
- 28 Apr 23:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Cash amount ready for signing Rudiger
- 28 Apr 23:02 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Willing to use option for bringing Danny Da Costa back from Ingolstadt
- 28 Apr 22:49 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Eyes on Van Aanholt
- 28 Apr 22:22 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Shay Logan renews for Aberdeen
- 28 Apr 21:56 EUROPA LEAGUE / SHAKHTAR D. 2-2 SEVILLA FC (FT)
- 28 Apr 21:55 EUROPA LEAGUE Villarreal 1-0 Liverpool Full-Time report
- 28 Apr 21:47 EUROPA LEAGUE / SHAKHTAR D. 2-2 SEVILLA
- 28 Apr 21:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sassuolo, duel to Torino on Ferrari
- 28 Apr 21:15 BARCELONA - Target Lacazette
- 28 Apr 21:03 SPAIN/ LAS PALMAS, Roque Mesa's agent: "Fiorentina? Yes, they are interested. Several surveys from England, Germany and Italy"
- 28 Apr 20:57 EUROPA LEAGUE / SHAKHTAR D. 2- 1 SEVILLA (HT)
- 28 Apr 20:53 EUROPA LEAGUE Villarreal 0-0 Liverpool Half-Time report
- 28 Apr 20:49 INTER MILAN - Rumours of Toure link put down
- 28 Apr 20:28 CHELSEA - Recall two players
- 28 Apr 20:03 BARCELONA - Turan wants to stay
- 28 Apr 19:44 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Ancelotti wants Pjanic: duel to past club of his Chelsea
Likely to leave Bayern Munich after two seasons, unless Carlo Ancelotti unexpectedly calls his yield off, Moroccan international centre-back Medhi Benatia (29) is getting more and more likely to join Juventus, which will probably succeed in landing him on an about 20 million
Fiorentina are reportedly keen on Sebastian Driussi, who currently plays for River Plate.
The 20-years-old striker has been targeted also by Inter
Cedric Bakambu told SkySport: "It has been a great night, which will remain in history. Now we have to play a brave second leg to get the final.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger speaking during press conference: "This team has character and a good attitude. Some people question that, but
Rennes managed a late goal to draw the game at home to Monaco.
RENNES 1 - 1 MONACO
Sio 81' Costa 14
Borussia Dortmund are reportedly expected to have a budget of over £100m to spend this summer, according to Bild.
Given that M