JUVENTUS, Marchisio: “Hungry for success”
08.08.2012 13.59 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Claudio Marchisio has vowed to lift Juventus to victory in Saturday’s Super Cup clash with Napoli. The 26-year-old, whose nine strikes from midfield signalled his best goalscoring return since breaking into the first-team, believes the Bianconeri will burst out the traps when they lock horns with Walter Mazzarri’s men in Beijing.
Speaking at a press conference from the team’s base in China, Marchisio said: “We need to show we’re the strongest in our game against Napoli. We’re playing for the first trophy of the season, we’re the reigning champions and we want to display that on the pitch. Juventus are always hungry for success.”
The boyhood Bianconeri fan moved quickly to refute suggestions that playing in finals is only a worthwhile exercise for the side that emerges victorious.
“Some say that it would be better not to get to the final in the first place than to lose it, but I don’t agree with that. These games help a player grow and allow you to learn how to face similar fixtures in the future. There isn’t a favourite, two great teams will face each other and the side with the most hunger will emerge victorious.”
Saturday’s encounter at Beijing’s Olympic Stadium will be the first time Conte’s men have faced Napoli since a 2-0 defeat in May’s Coppa Italia final. Marchisio is fully aware of the strength possessed by the Partenopei, but thinks the opposition will be equally as fearful of a ravenous Juventus.
“They’ve developed greatly over the last few years and have made quality purchases. However, we’re the reigning champions and they’re also aware they’ll be facing a tough team who want to continue winning.”
There have been whispers that current off-field events might disrupt the Bianconeri’s Super Cup preparations, yet the midfielder insists all sights remain fixed on avenging May’s defeat.
“We’re just thinking about the game. We’ve got thick skin and seeing the manager so focused can only rub off on us. We’re not affected by events going on around us, if anything it gives us a boost to do well.”
The discussion then moved to the club’s work in the transfer market, prompting Marchisio to praise the new signings who have the unenviable task of battling for a place in one of the best midfields in Europe.
“We required fresh impetus. The club has done extremely well to bring in important players like Asamoah and Isla, who contributed to Udinese’s success over the past few years.
“Di Natale spoke very highly of Asamoah while we were on international duty. Asa’s a great lad, besides being a versatile and precise footballer.
“The manager has tried him as an inside midfielder during the friendlies and he did well, but he can also play on the flank.”
This summer’s transfer business has also brought the return of Sebastian Giovinco. The diminutive frontman is back in Turin after a two-year stint at Parma, and Claudio can’t wait to play alongside his close friend.
“Giovinco has immediately settled in brilliantly, I had no doubt he would. He’s matured, the years go by and he’s been able to get on with his football and show his worth at Parma. I was with him on international duty and on holiday and I know he wants to do the same here.”
Many players have expressed their surprise and delight at the incredible reception they have been afforded since touching down in Beijing. And Marchisio believes it demonstrates exactly how highly Juventus are regarded on a global scale.
“It’s a sign of how important Juventus are across the world. We can only thank all our Chinese fans who follow us and wait in the hotel for an autograph or photo.
“The Spanish and English leagues are probably more popular here, but Italian football isn’t inferior, our run in the European Championships proves just that.”
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 21 Jul 21:15 Veron: "Inter-Estudiantes a special match for me. It will be exciting to find old friends"
- 21 Jul 18:30 INTER - Moratti: "Mancini, I don't exclude a contract renewal"
- 21 Jul 10:25 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "We can't accept Atletico offer for HIGUAIN. Juventus? That would be absurd"
- 20 Jul 13:44 NAPOLI - CHELSEA chasing Koulibaly
- 20 Jul 12:15 LAZIO - Jardel from Benfica, agreement for Lukaku
- 20 Jul 11:14 JUVENTUS, Asamoah: "Happy to stay"
- 20 Jul 11:07 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria sign Cigarini
- 19 Jul 22:54 JUVENTUS reject Calhanoglu
- 18 Jul 16:08 AC MILAN - SUSO might stay put
- 14 Jul 11:03 JUVENTUS reject West Ham loan offer
- 13 Jul 12:00 INTER - Eder could move to China
- 13 Jul 11:31 AC MILAN - Bacca will let West Ham know by Friday if he intends to join
- 12 Jul 11:58 NAPOLI - Two clubs want Gonzalo Higuain
- 11 Jul 18:18 INTER - Icardi not for sale
- 07 Jul 18:17 AS ROMA, Perotti: "A team like ours needs to be aiming for the Scudetto"
- 07 Jul 17:46 AS ROMA - Iturbe: "I can’t wait to get to know Spalletti"
- 07 Jul 15:46 AC MILAN - Montella: "The minimum goal is to get into Europe"
- 06 Jul 11:50 OFFICIAL - JUVE confirm MORATA departure
- 06 Jul 11:44 JUVENTUS - €20m (£17m) bid for Chelsea midfielder Matic
- 05 Jul 20:28 JUVENTUS - Zaza's agent: "Future? He wants to play more"
- 05 Jul 19:16 INTER - D’Ambrosio: "We want to make the fans proud"
- 04 Jul 16:38 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign GIAMPAOLO as new manager
- 28 Jun 12:51 JUVENTUS, Dani Alves introduces himself: "It was time to leave Barça. Bianconeri are THE icon of Italian football"
- 28 Jun 11:48 FC INTER - Thohir: "Proud of the strategic partnership formalised today with Suning"
- 22 Jun 18:51 OFFICIAL - Empoli buy Buchel back from JUVENTUS
- 21 Jun 16:54 OFFICIAL - AC MILAN: El Shaarawy has been permanently sold to AS ROMA
- 15 Jun 22:15 OFFICIAL - Palermo extend contract with Portuguese talent Embalo
- 15 Jun 20:45 LAZIO - Negotiation with Bielsa ongoing in Argentina
- 11 Jun 08:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Spartak Moscow in talks with Sampdoria for FERNANDO
- 10 Jun 10:54 JUVENTUS, Eye on Pellè
- 08 Jun 17:30 AS ROMA, Chelsea cleared of wrongdoing over the loan of Salah
- 08 Jun 17:16 LAZIO, Other troubles with Adriano: Barça will not let him leave for free
- 03 Jun 09:44 AC MILAN, Unai Emery gives green light: € 1.5 millions resignation to FC Seville
- 31 May 23:38 Italia, Bernardeschi's father: "Federico's convocation is a dream"
- 28 May 15:23 Milan, Berlusconi: "I'am dealing with Chinese e for this reason I study Chinese"
- 25 May 21:41 Inter, Zanetti: "Medel is important for us, it remains here"
- 23 May 22:15 Lazio, postive meeting with Prandelli
- 23 May 18:11 Napoli, the promise made by Higuain to Sarri: "I'll see you in Dimaro"
- 23 May 18:01 Inter, Moratti and Suning agreement: "Possible news soon"
- 23 May 17:57 Zanetti: "Simeone would coach Inter, but Mancini is a great coach"
- 23 May 17:45 Roma, Pallotta arrives in June. Totti and stadium on the agenda
- 23 May 17:06 Seria A, top 11 of Italian Championship according to UEFA
- 23 May 16:53 Inter, fixed Brozovic price: costs 25 mln euro
- 17 May 22:16 Milan, Bacca: "Saturday we have the opportunity to raise a new cup"
- 17 May 20:55 Fiorentina, Zarate: "I'am happy for my season in Florence"
- 17 May 20:10 Roma, Sabatini: Digne? "We will find an agreement with Paris Saint Germain"
- 17 May 12:20 LAZIO, Defining agreement with Jorge Sampaoli as next manager
- 16 May 16:13 LAZIO, Klose: "Leaving is not my decision"
- 16 May 09:35 TURIN to appoint Giampaolo if Ventura leaves
- 15 May 18:30 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting with River Plate on Alario
- 15 May 16:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Raul Asencio extend his deal with Genoa
- 12 May 20:15 Milan, ag. Bacca: "Future? We will talk with club after the Italian Cup final"
- 09 May 07:06 ATALANTA, Club icon Bellini quits after having scored last goal
- 06 May 09:52 PALERMO - Vazquez to leave
- 06 May 07:58 AS ROMA, Sabatini on Giallorossi midfield stars: "I want to keep Nainggolan and Pjanic"
- 05 May 11:33 VERONA - Luca Toni announces retirement
- 05 May 08:55 LAZIO, De Vrij hits pitch back after 9 months long injury
- 04 May 11:38 LAZIO - To move for Ben Arfa
- 04 May 11:01 HELLAS VERONA, Luca Toni announces quitting
- 04 May 10:31 NAPOLI - Hamsik: "I can't even imagine what would happen"
- 04 May 10:14 LAZIO - Pioli: "Happy for Claudio"
- 02 May 21:19 SERIE A - Genoa - Roma - FULL TIME
- 02 May 14:44 JUVENTUS - Morata to stay
- 02 May 10:03 MILAN - Ready to join the chase for Vilhena
- 02 May 09:49 JUVENTUS tracking BARCELONA's Mascherano
- 01 May 10:43 JUVENTUS - Set for Pogba extension
- 30 Apr 20:35 SERIE A - ChievoVerona 0 - 0 Fiorentina - HALF TIME
- 30 Apr 18:46 SERIE A - Udinese 1 - 5 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 17:26 JUVENTUS - Front runners for Batshuayi
- 30 Apr 17:16 SERIE A - Udinese 0 - 1 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 15:20 LAZIO - To appoint Fatih Terim
- 30 Apr 12:43 JUVENTUS - Target Kante if Pogba leaves
- 30 Apr 12:20 ROMA - De Sanctis to extend his contract
- 30 Apr 12:11 JUVENTUS - Bonucci keen on Serie A stay
- 30 Apr 11:08 NAPOLI - Mertens: "I'm fine here, but I need an extension to remain"
- 30 Apr 10:53 ANDERLECHT - Praet to join Fiorentina
- 30 Apr 09:53 FIORENTINA - Mazzarri to replace Sousa?
- 30 Apr 09:41 JUVENTUS- Neto to leave
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 28 Apr 17:21 ROMA - El Shaarawy wants to stay
- 28 Apr 16:43 TORINO - Paredes first target
- 28 Apr 12:46 ROMA - Pjanic or Nainggolan to leave
- 28 Apr 12:22 ROMA - Caceres in the spotlight
- 28 Apr 08:42 INTER - Mancini to accept Italy job
- 28 Apr 08:29 LAZIO - To bid for Pellé
- 27 Apr 15:12 JUVENTUS - Oscar-Isco to replace Cuadrado-Morata
- 27 Apr 14:53 FIORENTINA - Tottenham set to move for Kalinic
- 27 Apr 14:42 JUVENTUS - Evra: "I've not take a decision yet"
- 27 Apr 12:42 JUVENTUS - Eyes on Liverpool target Zielinski
- 26 Apr 20:09 TRANSFER MARKET - Two clubs interested in AS ROMA's Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 19:33 JUVENTUS - Allegri gets contract extension
- 26 Apr 13:24 INTER - Offered Thauvin
- 26 Apr 12:17 JUVENTUS - Morata uncertain about future
- 26 Apr 11:57 FIORENTINA - Eyes on Praet and Missiroli
- 26 Apr 11:44 LAZIO - Time to choose the manager
- 26 Apr 11:32 TORINO - set to bid for Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 10:39 INTER - Ajax Sporting Director: "No meeting set for El Ghazi"
- 26 Apr 01:09 FIORENTINA - Kalinic not eager to leave
- 25 Apr 20:45 JUVENTUS - Allegri to extend his contract
According Sky Sports, Marseille have signed Aaron Leya Iseka, the younger brother of their departed striker Michy Batshuayi.
The teenage forward, known by their mother’s surname rather than Batshuayi, has joined the Ligue 1 side on loan from Anderlecht. His older br
Juan Sebastian Veron had the kind of talent that lights up a stadium on even the dullest winter’s day.Now their paths are set to cross once agai
Luis Enrinque spoke to Mundo Deportivo about Barcelona transfer market and about what they need to complete their squad:
"What is sure is that
According to Sky Sports, Swansea's American investor Jason Levien has confirmed the club's interest in re-signing Wales midfielder Joe Allen.
Olympique Lyon announced having extended their deal with French Under-21 international winger/forward Maxwel Cornet (19) until June 2021.
Real Madrid forward Borja Mayoral has spoken about his transfer on loan to Wolfsburg, hoping to return to the Bernabeu in the future. The 19-year-old