JUVENTUS, Marchisio: “Hungry for success”
08.08.2012 12.59 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Claudio Marchisio has vowed to lift Juventus to victory in Saturday’s Super Cup clash with Napoli. The 26-year-old, whose nine strikes from midfield signalled his best goalscoring return since breaking into the first-team, believes the Bianconeri will burst out the traps when they lock horns with Walter Mazzarri’s men in Beijing.
Speaking at a press conference from the team’s base in China, Marchisio said: “We need to show we’re the strongest in our game against Napoli. We’re playing for the first trophy of the season, we’re the reigning champions and we want to display that on the pitch. Juventus are always hungry for success.”
The boyhood Bianconeri fan moved quickly to refute suggestions that playing in finals is only a worthwhile exercise for the side that emerges victorious.
“Some say that it would be better not to get to the final in the first place than to lose it, but I don’t agree with that. These games help a player grow and allow you to learn how to face similar fixtures in the future. There isn’t a favourite, two great teams will face each other and the side with the most hunger will emerge victorious.”
Saturday’s encounter at Beijing’s Olympic Stadium will be the first time Conte’s men have faced Napoli since a 2-0 defeat in May’s Coppa Italia final. Marchisio is fully aware of the strength possessed by the Partenopei, but thinks the opposition will be equally as fearful of a ravenous Juventus.
“They’ve developed greatly over the last few years and have made quality purchases. However, we’re the reigning champions and they’re also aware they’ll be facing a tough team who want to continue winning.”
There have been whispers that current off-field events might disrupt the Bianconeri’s Super Cup preparations, yet the midfielder insists all sights remain fixed on avenging May’s defeat.
“We’re just thinking about the game. We’ve got thick skin and seeing the manager so focused can only rub off on us. We’re not affected by events going on around us, if anything it gives us a boost to do well.”
The discussion then moved to the club’s work in the transfer market, prompting Marchisio to praise the new signings who have the unenviable task of battling for a place in one of the best midfields in Europe.
“We required fresh impetus. The club has done extremely well to bring in important players like Asamoah and Isla, who contributed to Udinese’s success over the past few years.
“Di Natale spoke very highly of Asamoah while we were on international duty. Asa’s a great lad, besides being a versatile and precise footballer.
“The manager has tried him as an inside midfielder during the friendlies and he did well, but he can also play on the flank.”
This summer’s transfer business has also brought the return of Sebastian Giovinco. The diminutive frontman is back in Turin after a two-year stint at Parma, and Claudio can’t wait to play alongside his close friend.
“Giovinco has immediately settled in brilliantly, I had no doubt he would. He’s matured, the years go by and he’s been able to get on with his football and show his worth at Parma. I was with him on international duty and on holiday and I know he wants to do the same here.”
Many players have expressed their surprise and delight at the incredible reception they have been afforded since touching down in Beijing. And Marchisio believes it demonstrates exactly how highly Juventus are regarded on a global scale.
“It’s a sign of how important Juventus are across the world. We can only thank all our Chinese fans who follow us and wait in the hotel for an autograph or photo.
“The Spanish and English leagues are probably more popular here, but Italian football isn’t inferior, our run in the European Championships proves just that.”
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 19 May 06:00 JUVENTUS, Conte: "The transfer market? The club will make its evaluations"
- 18 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He won't leave"
- 17 May 20:20 INTER, Successful surgery for Cassano
- 17 May 17:31 AC MILAN, Tassotti: "Montolivo was back training today and we hope he’ll be okay for tomorrow"
- 17 May 00:00 INTER, Stramaccioni: "Moratti has been clear about my future"
- 16 May 16:30 JUVENTUS, Bonucci predicts bright future
- 16 May 10:14 ITALY/ INTER, Chivu: "I never considered a lawsuit againt the medical staff"
- 16 May 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Mazzarri must make a decision"
- 15 May 00:00 INTER, Moratti: "Handanovic and Guarin will stay. Stramaccioni? We'll see.."
- 14 May 19:20 CATANIA, Bonanno: "AC Milan made an offer for Lodi"
- 14 May 17:10 PALERMO, Micciché: "Ilicic won't follow us to Serie B"
- 14 May 11:00 JUVENTUS,Chiellini targets further improvement
- 14 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Cerci? He could be useful to us"
- 13 May 16:10 INTER, Branca: "Negredo is a great player"
- 13 May 15:00 AC MILAN, Abate: "Galliani announced Zenit offer and asked me to stay"
- 13 May 14:49 AC MILAN, Gallini: "Enough of these racist chants"
- 13 May 00:00 INTER, Stramaccioni: "Many suitors for Guarin, but we want to keep him"
- 12 May 06:00 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "No contacts with City"
- 11 May 00:00 PALERMO, Ilicic's agent: "Milan interested? I wouldn't be surprised"
- 10 May 16:15 AC MILAN, Abate: "We needed some time after so many changes to the squad"
- 10 May 15:44 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "My friendship with Balotelli? It happened immediately"
- 10 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Muntari: "I hope that Allegri will stay"
- 09 May 10:20 INTER, Moratti: "Careful balance needed for the future"
- 09 May 10:00 INTER, Juan Jesus: "We tried everything"
- 09 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Mazzarri: "My future? I have to evaluate many things"
- 08 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "Jovetic? We will talk in ten days"
- 07 May 13:43 INTER, Stramaccioni: "If someone wasn't motivated enough, he'd sit out"
- 07 May 11:22 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Eyes on Wanyama
- 07 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Abbiati is about to extend"
- 06 May 18:50 UDINESE, Pozzo: "No negotiations for Benatia"
- 06 May 17:20 UDINESE, Pozzo: "20 million euros won't be enough for Muriel"
- 06 May 10:10 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "I’ve really enjoyed this particular Scudetto triumph"
- 06 May 09:46 INTER, Guarin: "We all need to give a bit more at the moment"
- 06 May 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We have been winning right from the start"
- 06 May 07:49 INTER, Ranocchia: " I wanted to be out there to help the team"
- 06 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "No contacts for Ibrahimovic"
- 05 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marchisio: "I want to end my career here"
- 04 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili turns out transfer rumours
- 03 May 14:51 AS ROMA, Andreazzoli: "I know Fiorentina’s quality and I really like them as a team
- 03 May 09:45 JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "In 2014 I'll stop with the national team"
- 03 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Nocerino's agent turns out transfer rumours
- 02 May 17:00 INTER, Stramaccioni about Zanetti: "Now I’m the one waiting on him"
- 02 May 10:02 INTER, Zanetti: "I’m fine. The operation has been completed"
- 02 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev: "I hope that Mazzarri and Cavani will stay"
- 01 May 00:00 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I hope Allegri will stay. I will remain forever"
- 30 Apr 17:30 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We want Champions League"
- 30 Apr 12:45 INTER, Moratti: "I know Zanetti, he'll be back. No doubt about it"
- 30 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "I was about to join Chelsea. I am happy here"
- 29 Apr 10:47 AC MILAN, Nocerino: "I compare Balotelli to Ibra as in any moment"
- 29 Apr 10:32 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "Balotelli always gets kicked a lot"
- 19 May 14:30 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Scarione gets farther
- 19 May 13:57 FRANCE/ LENS, Two clubs after Touzghar
- 19 May 13:27 GERMANY/ WERDER, Matthäus the main option for the bench
- 19 May 12:59 FRANCE/ OL, Eyes on Mendy
- 19 May 12:29 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Still keen on Marquinhos
- 19 May 12:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Clichy extends with Manchester City
- 19 May 11:30 BRAZIL/ CORINTHIANS, Also Shakhtar after Paulinho
- 19 May 10:57 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, 20 millions for Guarin
- 19 May 10:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Diallo extends with Rennes
- 19 May 09:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Sprint for Kucka
- 19 May 09:29 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Three clubs after Nico Lopez
- 19 May 09:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, McAuley extends with WBA
- 19 May 08:30 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Badstuber injured again
- 19 May 07:57 PSG, Thiago Silva's agent: "This won't be his last club"
- 19 May 07:27 HAMBURG, Arnesen: "I thing that Son will stay"
- 19 May 06:59 QPR, Redknapp: "No contacts with Arsenal for Julio Cesar"
- 19 May 06:29 BARCELONA, Sanchez's agent: "Back to Italy? I can't exclude anything"
- 19 May 06:00 JUVENTUS, Conte: "The transfer market? The club will make its evaluations"
- 19 May 00:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Heir for John Terry chosen
- 18 May 23:30 FRANCE/ RC LENS, Keen on Lazarevic
- 18 May 22:57 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Approaching Cerci
- 18 May 22:27 MAN. UNITED & MAN. CITY, Duel for Thiago Alcantara
- 18 May 21:59 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eintracht Frankfurt icon Nikolov renews
- 18 May 21:29 SPAIN/ REAL BETIS, Perquis might lan back to France
- 18 May 21:00 RUSSIA/ CSKA, Akinfeev about to extend
- 18 May 20:30 ARSENAL & BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Eyes on Pieters
- 18 May 19:57 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Keen on Lombaerts
- 18 May 19:27 FRANCE/ LILLE, A Ligue 1 rival pursuing Payet
- 18 May 18:59 ARSENAL, Sagna: "I admire Ibra, who never sold out. Playing with him? Why not?!"
- 18 May 18:29 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Two Italian suitors for Joaquin
- 18 May 18:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Offer for Ranocchia ready
- 18 May 17:30 ARSENAL & MAN. UNITED, Alexis Sanchez on target
- 18 May 16:57 FRANCE/ O.L., Duel to Saint-Etienne for Jeannot
- 18 May 16:27 FRANCE/ O.M., Back for Alessandrini
- 18 May 15:59 ENGLAND/ MAN. UNITED, Ferdinand's renewal coming soon
- 18 May 15:29 ITALY/ PARMA, Amauri will extend
- 18 May 15:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Julio Cesar might be the one
- 18 May 14:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New thoughts on Tevez
- 18 May 13:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Back for Floccari
- 18 May 13:27 ENGLAND/ MAN. UNITED, Moyes wants Marchisio
- 18 May 12:59 ITALY/ INTER, Duel to Premier League rivals for Dragovic
- 18 May 12:29 SLOVENIA/ MARIBOR NK, Four Italian suitors for Beric
- 18 May 12:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Inter and Valencia challenged on Rojo's signing
- 18 May 11:30 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Carlos Alberto joins Atletico Paranaense
- 18 May 10:57 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, From England: Mourinho wants CR7 together with him at Chelsea
- 18 May 10:27 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Gamberini might be the key for signing Ogbonna
- 18 May 09:59 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Almost done for Zuniga
- 18 May 09:29 ENGLAND/ MAN. UNITED, Attempt for Baines ready
- 18 May 09:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Borges is Bahia new coach
- 18 May 08:30 ITALY/ PARMA, Idea Ftacla
According to El Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona keep on tracking AS Roma 19 year old center back Marcos Aoás Corrêa aka Marquinhos, considered the main alternative to PSG 28 year old Thiago Silva.
Interviewed by Sky Sport after the game lost to Sampdoria, Juventus coach Antonio Conte has declared: "Talking now about the transfer...
Interviewed by FcInternews.it, Fernando Felicevich, agent of Barcelona 24 year old forward Alexis Sanchez, has declared: "Soon I will talk...
QPR manager Harry Redknapp has declared about 33 year old goalkeeper Julio Cesar: "He is the Brazilian national team's goalkeeper and...
Hamburg Sports Director Frank Arnesen has declared about 20 year old forward Son Heung-Min: "I think that he will remain with us. For...
Interviewed by Sport, Paulo Tonietto, agent of PSG defender Thiago Silva, has declared: "For sure, PSG won't be his last club, but...