HOME CONTACT US| RSS
      
Serie A ( Italy )

INTER, Stramaccioni: "Sorry for the fans but it's early"

10.08.2012 12.30 by TM W  read 1463
Source: Inter.it
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport

"That sort of thing can happen on 9 August..." was Andrea Stramaccioni's first observation regarding this evening's defeat against Hajduk Split, which does nothing to prevent the Nerazzurri qualifying for the Europa League play-offs following last week's 3-0 win in Split.

"I think in this case the first-leg result turned out to be a negative factor, but let's not make a big deal out of it. Getting through to the next round was the main thing. We do have a few things to work on, mind."

Stramaccioni was then asked what moves should be made in the transfer market to improve the team: "We know what we're after. This is a strange transfer window with the financial fair-play rules set to kick in. We know we're still a bit short but we've already said that. We need a midfielder - that much is clear just looking at the numbers. This year we're starting afresh. The president wants to build a great Inter team."
Getting back to the game, the coach noted that "we can't go from being 'very good' last week to 'bad' this week, but on 9 August these things can happen. Now we must keep our heads down and get on with it. As things stand on 9 August, we're doing a lot of work on ball possession: that's the route we're taking. Today nearly all the chances Hajduk had came about by mistakes we made in keeping possession, but we're working on that. After the first-leg result we put the lads through some heavy workloads this week and that told."

The coach was asked to explain Rodrigo Palacio's absence: "He had a calf problem during the warm-up, but I don't think it's anything serious. We'll have him looked at tomorrow."

Stramaccioni also had a word for the fans after 44,000 turned up at the Meazza this evening: "What annoys me most is that we didn't win for these marvellous fans. Well done to them, we'll soon thank them on the pitch."

Other news Serie A ( Italy )
Other news
Highlight

RB LEIPZIG willing to try signing star goalie Claudio BRAVO

Already linked to AC Milan, since he might be leaving Manchester City after just one season, Chilean international goalkeeper Claudio Bravo (33), according to latest German news, has become a market suggestion for Bundesliga sensation club RB Leipzig. Former Barça sto

LAZIO - Wesley HOEDT close to new contract

According to Italian news, former Dutch Under-21 international centre-back Wesley Hoedt (turning 23 next March 6), despite a seesawing quality in
 

BARCELONA FC - 4 names for replacing Luis Enrique next season

More and more likely to be sacked after the end of current season, Spanish 46-year old Luis Enrique, according to SFR Sport, might be replaced as Barc
 

MANCHESTER CITY trying to snatch 2000-born talent Sessegnon from Tottenham

According to latest UK news, Manchester City management are trying to swoop in and eradicate competition coming from Tottenham on signing English Unde
 

OGC NICE, Belhanda: "I'd like to stay, the club will need to talk to Dynamo Kyiv"

Turning 27 on Saturday, February 25, Moroccan international attacking midfielder Younès Belhanda, asked by French media about his fut
 

RB LEIPZIG willing to try signing star goalie Claudio BRAVO

Already linked to AC Milan, since he might be leaving Manchester City after just one season, Chilean international goalkeeper Claudio Bravo (33), acco
 
   Editore: TC&C srl web content publisher since 1994 Partita IVA 01488100510