INTER, Stramaccioni: "Sorry for the fans but it's early"
10.08.2012 12.30 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
"That sort of thing can happen on 9 August..." was Andrea Stramaccioni's first observation regarding this evening's defeat against Hajduk Split, which does nothing to prevent the Nerazzurri qualifying for the Europa League play-offs following last week's 3-0 win in Split.
"I think in this case the first-leg result turned out to be a negative factor, but let's not make a big deal out of it. Getting through to the next round was the main thing. We do have a few things to work on, mind."
Stramaccioni was then asked what moves should be made in the transfer market to improve the team: "We know what we're after. This is a strange transfer window with the financial fair-play rules set to kick in. We know we're still a bit short but we've already said that. We need a midfielder - that much is clear just looking at the numbers. This year we're starting afresh. The president wants to build a great Inter team."
Getting back to the game, the coach noted that "we can't go from being 'very good' last week to 'bad' this week, but on 9 August these things can happen. Now we must keep our heads down and get on with it. As things stand on 9 August, we're doing a lot of work on ball possession: that's the route we're taking. Today nearly all the chances Hajduk had came about by mistakes we made in keeping possession, but we're working on that. After the first-leg result we put the lads through some heavy workloads this week and that told."
The coach was asked to explain Rodrigo Palacio's absence: "He had a calf problem during the warm-up, but I don't think it's anything serious. We'll have him looked at tomorrow."
Stramaccioni also had a word for the fans after 44,000 turned up at the Meazza this evening: "What annoys me most is that we didn't win for these marvellous fans. Well done to them, we'll soon thank them on the pitch."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 05 May 11:17 MILAN want to appoint Manuel Pellegrini as next manager
- 05 May 11:02 TOTTENHAM - Dembele to be charged after incident with Diego Costa
- 05 May 10:54 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "Not the right time for joining Chelsea"
- 05 May 10:47 WOLFSBURG willing to keep Naldo
- 05 May 10:34 LEICESTER tried to appoint Hiddink
- 05 May 10:14 CHELSEA - Diego Costa tempted by Chinese Super League
- 05 May 09:55 INTER to bid for BOURNEMOUTH Gradel
- 05 May 09:47 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, New survey on Bonaventura
- 05 May 09:34 ATLETICO MADRID - Balague: "Simeone? Atletico fits him like a glove"
- 05 May 09:17 WATFORD to win the battle over GRANADA' s Success
- 05 May 09:07 MANCHESTER CITY - Zabaleta's agent: "We could see him in Italy shortly"
- 05 May 08:55 LAZIO, De Vrij hits pitch back after 9 months long injury
- 05 May 08:42 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Back tracking Corluka
- 05 May 08:30 SPAIN/ GRANADA, Success' agent: "Contacts with top clubs, but he'll join Watford"
- 05 May 08:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Nainggolan doubtful whether to join or stay at AS Roma
- 05 May 08:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, A new Premier League suitor for possibly returning Borja Bastón
- 05 May 07:44 ITALY/ NAPOLI, El Kaddouri between Atalanta and a return to Torino
- 05 May 07:29 LEVANTE, Veteran captain Juanfran announces quitting
- 04 May 21:39 REAL MADRID beat MAN CITY 1-0 and are in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final!
- 04 May 20:33 HT- Real Madrid v Man City 1-0
- 04 May 20:13 LIVE! Real Madrid v Man City 1-0: Bale scores at 20', Kompany out
- 04 May 19:10 UCL/Real Madrid - Man City OFFICIAL LINE UPS: Ronaldo starts
- 04 May 19:07 BARCELONA interested in Serie A full backs Digne and Hysai
- 04 May 18:25 LEICESTER keen on Roma's defender Manolas
- 04 May 18:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Test period for a Belgian midfielder
- 04 May 17:45 SPAIN/ DEPORTIVO, Survey on Borja Valle
- 04 May 17:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Higuain available to join. Just as a regular starter
- 04 May 17:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Suggestion for Adrián Ramos
- 04 May 16:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Evra will decide whether to renew or not in 10 days
- 04 May 16:30 ITALY/ GENOA, Survey on Broh
- 04 May 16:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Keen on Ruben Vezo
- 04 May 16:00 ENGLAND/ LEICESTER CITY, Target Zaza
- 04 May 15:45 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Chinese offer for Jonas
- 04 May 15:30 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Approaching Kalou
- 04 May 15:15 GERMANY/ AUGSBURG, Daniel Gordon on the wishlist
- 04 May 15:00 ENGLAND/ LEICESTER CITY, Ranieri wants Boufal if Mahrez leaves
- 04 May 14:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Eyes on Tiemoué Bakayoko
- 04 May 14:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Suggestion for Asamoah
- 04 May 14:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Mourinho wants Isco
- 04 May 14:01 SWITZERLAND/ GRASSHOPPERS, 3 German rivals towards Khelifi
- 04 May 13:48 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Volland on target
- 04 May 13:36 BARCELONA - Piqué: "I hope Inter and Milan come back soon"
- 04 May 13:21 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Pasqual to renew: no proposal yet
- 04 May 13:08 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Willing to hijack Mkhitaryan from Arsenal
- 04 May 12:56 GERMANY/ HERTHA BERLIN, Ibisevic willing to stay despite Lazio's interest
- 04 May 12:42 CHELSEA - PSG keen on Eden Hazard
- 04 May 12:31 LIVERPOOL - Doucoure on target
- 04 May 12:20 DUNDEE - Paatelainen to leave after relegation
- 04 May 12:06 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pereyra could be the key for double move from Valencia
- 04 May 11:53 PREMIER LEAGUE - Ranieri: "We don't need superstars"
Interviewed by Italian magazine GQ, Juventus and French NT star central midfielder Paul Pogba's (23) powerful agent Mino Raiola mentioned about the player's future: "Pogba? One thing is for sure about him: this would not be the right time for him to join Chelsea
As reported in Italian media, 24 years old Dutch international centre-back Stefan de Vrij, idle since September 2015, due to a left knee injury (
Playing for Levante since the second half of 2009/10, after having already been a youth area member for Granotes in the 90's, 1976-born centre-bac
Chelsea interim manager Guus Hiddink told Dutch newspaper De Telegraf: "It is true Leicester asked me for this season."
Liverpool have reportedly eyed Javier Pastore in action for Paris Saint-Germain on Friday, according to France Football.
Wolfsburg have reportedly offered Naldo a new contract to stay in Germany in spite of Manchester United interest, a