INTER, Stramaccioni: "Sorry for the fans but it's early"
10.08.2012 12.30 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
"That sort of thing can happen on 9 August..." was Andrea Stramaccioni's first observation regarding this evening's defeat against Hajduk Split, which does nothing to prevent the Nerazzurri qualifying for the Europa League play-offs following last week's 3-0 win in Split.
"I think in this case the first-leg result turned out to be a negative factor, but let's not make a big deal out of it. Getting through to the next round was the main thing. We do have a few things to work on, mind."
Stramaccioni was then asked what moves should be made in the transfer market to improve the team: "We know what we're after. This is a strange transfer window with the financial fair-play rules set to kick in. We know we're still a bit short but we've already said that. We need a midfielder - that much is clear just looking at the numbers. This year we're starting afresh. The president wants to build a great Inter team."
Getting back to the game, the coach noted that "we can't go from being 'very good' last week to 'bad' this week, but on 9 August these things can happen. Now we must keep our heads down and get on with it. As things stand on 9 August, we're doing a lot of work on ball possession: that's the route we're taking. Today nearly all the chances Hajduk had came about by mistakes we made in keeping possession, but we're working on that. After the first-leg result we put the lads through some heavy workloads this week and that told."
The coach was asked to explain Rodrigo Palacio's absence: "He had a calf problem during the warm-up, but I don't think it's anything serious. We'll have him looked at tomorrow."
Stramaccioni also had a word for the fans after 44,000 turned up at the Meazza this evening: "What annoys me most is that we didn't win for these marvellous fans. Well done to them, we'll soon thank them on the pitch."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 26 Oct 17:31 NAPOLI not giving up on PAVOLETTI
- 26 Oct 16:27 AS ROMA might transfer SADIQ from Bologna to CHIEVO in January
- 26 Oct 14:49 ATALANTA keen on Chilean winger Diego Valdés
- 26 Oct 09:21 MILAN, Montella: "We didn't want to lose"
- 25 Oct 23:59 JUVENTUS - Agnelli: "In 3 year we have the potential to reach the heights of Europe’s biggest clubs"
- 25 Oct 19:46 JUVENTUS - Nedved: "Higuain? We are absolutely delighted"
- 25 Oct 07:31 INTER MILAN, de Boer: "We need a win"
- 24 Oct 16:03 INTER MILAN to cash buy-back sum from Hellas for BESSA
- 23 Oct 10:35 INTER - New owners to appoint Blanc if De Boer is sacked
- 22 Oct 18:36 FIORENTINA back for SAPONARA
- 21 Oct 23:32 JUVENTUS scouting four 2000-born wonderkids
- 21 Oct 23:03 AC MILAN - Poli: "Proud of my 100 appearances with rossoneri"
- 21 Oct 20:43 JUVENTUS - Eyes on PSG 1999-born DIABY
- 20 Oct 17:43 EMPOLI willing to sign DIONISI from Frosinone in January
- 20 Oct 13:32 AC MILAN- Bonaventura: "I expected to find more chaos"
- 19 Oct 20:37 NAPOLI - Milik already working in the gym, he can recover for January
- 19 Oct 18:03 OFFICIAL - LAZIO sign PAROLO on new contract
- 19 Oct 16:36 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign PRADE as new executive
- 19 Oct 14:16 LAZIO target young French striker HALLER
- 18 Oct 20:08 GENOA might be back for AC Milan's ZAPATA in January
- 18 Oct 16:44 ATALANTA deny Lazio being interested in PALOSCHI
- 18 Oct 16:01 SAMPDORIA to name Daniele PRADE after city derby
- 18 Oct 07:57 TORINO, Mihajlovic: "We can beat anyone"
- 17 Oct 16:54 AC MILAN - Legendary N° 6 Franco BARESI to have a step forward in top brass
- 17 Oct 14:30 INTER - Icardi: today the club and De Boer will choose if dismiss him as a captain
- 17 Oct 13:02 JUVENTUS keen to keep Neto, he will be Buffon's heir
- 17 Oct 09:57 AC MILAN, Montella: "I can feel the air of Europe now"
- 17 Oct 09:03 INTER MILAN, Ausilio: "We will talk to Icardi before making a decision"
- 16 Oct 15:24 INTER MILAN, Zanetti: "We cannot accept this behaviour from Icardi"
- 16 Oct 09:31 TORINO - Top striker Belotti will have a € 60m buy-out clause
- 15 Oct 23:38 JUVENTUS, Benatia: "We've been clever tonight. We must always show we deserve this club, and this jersey"
- 15 Oct 21:43 JUVENTUS defeat Udinese and take Serie A over (again)
- 15 Oct 20:25 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "My son is much better. Now let's kill the league"
- 15 Oct 13:01 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "The important is that we have patience"
- 15 Oct 12:07 ROMA, Spalletti: "we must overcome individual errors"
- 14 Oct 19:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - GOLDANIGA between PALERMO new contract and SAMPDORIA courtship
- 14 Oct 18:31 BOLOGNA - Winter plan for signing PINILLA
- 14 Oct 15:13 LAZIO - Italian international PAROLO about to be signed on a new contract
- 14 Oct 14:07 BOLOGNA - OIKONOMOU might leave on loan in January
- 14 Oct 11:00 REAL MADRID - CR7: "INTER and JUVE wanted me in 2003, but I preferred MAN UNITED"
- 13 Oct 21:53 ATALANTA, challenging Palermo on Peruvian international TRAUCO
- 13 Oct 18:01 INTER MILAN, Santon after summer troubles: "I was reborn after De Boer joined us. Darmian? He'd be welcome"
- 13 Oct 14:44 AC MILAN - Ambrosini as Club Manager
- 13 Oct 10:59 INTER - Brozovic to join the squad back
- 13 Oct 10:24 MILAN - Abate is the new captain
- 12 Oct 20:54 AC MILAN, Montella: "Fabregas in not the right man to replace Montolivo"
- 12 Oct 20:06 JUVENTUS target Alex MERET as a possible heir for Buffon
- 12 Oct 18:24 NAPOLI might challenge INTER MILAN on ALARIO
- 12 Oct 16:53 NAPOLI scouting Leipzig's Yussuf POULSEN
- 12 Oct 15:26 JUVENTUS - Uruguayan talent BENTANCUR to join in January
- 12 Oct 14:42 SAMPDORIA send scouts for Hungarian international KADAR
- 11 Oct 15:44 AC MILAN, Pasalic's agent: "He's not regretting his choice at all. He's in epic shape"
- 11 Oct 15:12 LAZIO - Regaining plan to sign NETO from Juventus
- 11 Oct 13:16 JUVENTUS - Barcelona chiefs scout Juventus defender Lichtsteiner
- 11 Oct 12:59 JUVENTUS - Dybala: "I'd like to reach Higuain's level"
- 10 Oct 18:54 AC MILAN, Suso: "Leaving Liverpool and joining here was the right choice. No role models, but I've always liked Zidane"
- 10 Oct 15:23 AS ROMA - ITURBE more and more likely to leave in January
- 10 Oct 13:55 NAPOLI - Milik's surgery ok, now he will stop for 4-6 months
- 09 Oct 21:33 NAPOLI, Osvaldo's agent: "Pablo decided to leave football"
- 09 Oct 13:04 JUVENTUS - Pjanic: "Everything is easier with Higuain and Dybala"
- 09 Oct 12:31 MILAN - Raiola: "Donnarumma to stay put? The new Chinese owners will decide"
- 09 Oct 09:57 ROMA, Totti: "Real Madrid pushed at all costs for me"
- 09 Oct 09:29 TORINO, Hart: "The decision to leave City was the best one for me"
- 09 Oct 08:09 INTER, Icardi's wife: "Mauro was close to joining REAL MADRID"
- 08 Oct 16:17 INTER MILAN, Joao Mario: "I have to work and improve"
- 08 Oct 08:35 JUVE face defense emergency as Chiellini gets injured as well
- 07 Oct 22:37 Gabigol: "Happy for the first goal, I want to bring INTER to win trophies"
- 07 Oct 19:01 FIORENTINA, Tello: "I made the right choice, I'd have had a hard time at Barça. Staying here might be good for me"
- 06 Oct 17:01 AS ROMA - De Rossi set for 100-cap UEFA honour
- 06 Oct 15:16 JUVENTUS - Medical report on PJACA: no fibula fracture
- 06 Oct 14:32 OFFICIAL - MIRABELLI announced as next AC MILAN sports director
- 05 Oct 20:32 Donnarumma on his future: "I just think about MILAN, then we'll see"
- 05 Oct 14:46 LAZIO - Young Albanian goalie STRAKOSHA soon to sign new long-term contract
- 05 Oct 12:07 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I feel no existential crisis"
- 05 Oct 11:40 ROMA, Martina: "Dzeko gained confidence in Serie A"
- 05 Oct 08:17 LAZIO want to put a € 35m buy-out clause in De Vrij's new deal
- 05 Oct 07:49 AC MILAN, Paletta's agent: "He wants to stay put, he dreams of playing for Italy again"
- 04 Oct 21:06 OFFICIAL - INTER goalkeeper Radu extends until 2020
- 04 Oct 18:10 INTER MILAN. Biabiany's agent: "He's requested in Italy, France, England and China"
- 04 Oct 17:13 A new Italian suitor for JUAN VARGAS
- 04 Oct 15:59 UDINESE - Suggestion for JANKOVIC as a free agent
- 03 Oct 18:44 OFFICIAL - Gigi DELNERI back to UDINESE as manager
- 03 Oct 17:56 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Our chairman Agnelli is protecting Italian football as a whole. Allegri's doing a great job"
- 03 Oct 11:28 ROMA, Strootman: "These three points are very important"
- 03 Oct 10:40 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "Defeat not deserved, we were in control"
- 03 Oct 10:12 AC MILAN, Montella: "We need to play with a light touch"
- 02 Oct 11:10 Serie A/ EMPOLI v JUVENTUS, Official Line Ups
- 02 Oct 09:34 LAZIO - De Vrij: "Our best game: we want to go back to Europe"
- 01 Oct 22:22 NAPOLI - 3 new contracts on arrival
- 30 Sep 20:30 NAPOLI - A new suitor for STRINIC, but...
- 30 Sep 19:00 TORINO - 3 Serie A giants on sensation BARRECA. New long-term contract offered
- 30 Sep 15:30 LAZIO - Parolo to be soon signed on a new long-term contract
- 30 Sep 14:15 NAPOLI put maxi-release clause on HYSAJ's new contract
- 30 Sep 13:44 GENOA - Simeone Jr: "I want to become better than my dad, but I have to improve"
- 30 Sep 12:48 INTER - Joao Mario on the way to recover, he might be selected for ROMA
- 30 Sep 10:52 JUVENTUS - Dyabala deal to be extended
- 29 Sep 20:20 AC MILAN - Fassone flies to China for closing club trade
- 29 Sep 16:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FIFA agent Salvini: "Many Serie A clubs rejected SLIMANI for less than half a million"
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 13:33 MILAN set to extend wonderkid Donnarumma's contract by the end of February
Interviewed by Kicker, Sir Alex Ferguson also talked about current Premier League campaign:
"Now It’s harder to predict winners than it was for many years. However, I think there’s five potential candidates. Manchester City are the most likely to win, yo
Scorer of an important goal in last night Genoa clear-cut victory over AC Milan, Italian international striker Leonardo Pavoletti (27), according to L
Currently on a deal with Watford until June 2020 and playing on loan for Udinese, Venezuelan international winger/forward Adalberto Pe&ntild
Living a very troubled ranking situation (last position, 6 points collected in 10 games played, together with Nancy), Lorient top brass are still in s
As highlighted by Kicker, Argentinian winger/forward Pablo De Blasis' (28) deal extension with Mainz 05 will be mandatory. The player has in fact