REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We're going to fight for each match"
10.08.2012 17.30 by TM W
© foto di Hernandez/Alterphotos/Image Sp
José Mourinho faces his third season leading Real Madrid. He does it "excited after two years in which this team has gone from strength to strength and has always won a title". One day shy of concluding the American tour, the White's coach reflected on the pre-season and analysed the campaign about to commence with the first fixture of la Liga against Valencia August 19 in the Santiago Bernabéu. "We're going to fight for each match and each title with all our might. You can't promise more because there are factors that you can't control. This sport is and always will be a game and games are unpredictable. I like reducing this uncertainty to an absolute minimum and having Real Madrid win many more times than not. We want to want to win titles again and return to Cibeles, which is the best end to a season you can have".
What's your assessment of Real Madrid's tour in the United States?
It hasn't finished yet, but it's going well. We worked hard and well in the first period and later the games have turned out how we wanted them to. The first fixture was against an American team that was more worried about playing well and allowing good play. The next match was more complicated, more competitive and intense, against a Mexican team. Later, we played a top level European team in a stadium that we new would bring motivation on the one hand and responsibility on the other. It was good for us and now we're going to finish by playing a team with a completely different profile that plays a British style of football. We're playing well, once again putting together the pieces of a machine that was already working well and trying to step up our intensity and confidence. We're preparing ourselves as best as possible to start well.
Many players have pointed out that this team is well established and that two years of work are paying off. Is this team really so united?
It helps when people know each other and get on well together. The players might have been together for a long time but if there's no empathy and pleasure in working together you have a bigger problem than when you're putting together a group. We all get along well, we know each other well both on a personal level and in terms of football. They know the way I work and my ideas and I know them, their great qualities and the small problems that always exist. We're excited about our third year after two in which we've gone from strength to strength and have always won a title. Last year's was more important than the one the year before. That's where we are and it's a shame that the national teams are leaving us in a complicated situation next week before the championship begins. That's the calendar. We knew about it months ago and we've tried to organise the pre-season in a balanced way so that the players can start, perhaps not all-out, but well.
Much has been said about the goal-fest against Milan and the play deployed by your team. Did José Mourinho expect Real Madrid to respond in this way at this stage in the preparation?
We played well. We won the match and I think that for the players the stadium was an additional motivating factor. The stadium was packed with fans and people that feel a special connection to the team because they don't live in Spain. Another motivating factor was the reputation of our rivals and we played all-out and prepared really well. The result is rewarding but not essential. What's essential is that we play well and we did it at a level at which we played many times last season. They are small factors that add to the confidence this team already has.
In the game against Milan, were we seeing the Real Madrid of Mourinho's third year?
I don't know. We played the first half well against a very closed team that came on with very defensive play and many players at the back. It made us think about our play. That's going to happen to us a lot with teams that are going to lock down against us. When we scored the second goal in the second half and they wanted to attack, the game profile changed. They played more offensively, leaving a lot of space for our transitions. It was a rich game in a tactical sense to train us.
There are many people that wonder why you enjoy coming to the United States so much for the pre-season. In New York, in the Yankee Stadium, we saw many reasons to do it...
The people that ask me that only do so once. The president asked me and after coming he's never asked me again. This time he came with us and we've loved having him. He's not going to ask me again why I want to come because he's going to enjoy coming back himself. With the exception of Philadelphia, where we knew what the temperature would be like, the climate is perfect for working. The organisation is perfect, the matches are good, the stadiums and the fans motivational. We promote Real Madrid in an important market, we promote football in a country where it isn't the top sport. I also think it's good for the club economically... It's also perfect for the players on the Spanish national team because they're going to stay and head from here to Costa Rica, which is much closer than if they had to return to Europe and it saves them some hours of travel. It's perfect for everyone and it's a great experience. I've been doing it for seven years and I want to continue because I like it a lot. Whoever comes never asks again.
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 24 Mar 09:07 BARCELONA FC, Neymar: "The player I'd like to join us is COUTINHO"
- 22 Mar 10:33 REAL MADRID, Perez: "We are in talks for BENZEMA new contract"
- 21 Mar 22:12 OFFICIAL - Real Sociedad sign captain and icon Xabi PRIETO on a new deal
- 19 Mar 22:49 SEVILLA FC, Sampaoli: "No talks with Barça"
- 12 Mar 12:03 VALENCIA, Zaza: "Staying here for a long time would make me happy"
- 09 Mar 17:35 OFFICIAL - Betis, ZOZULYA joins back from Rayo due to suspects of neo-nazi ties
- 09 Mar 14:00 BARCELONA - Neymar says he's sure 'Messi will renew'
- 08 Mar 16:33 VILLARREAL - Eyes on Nicolás CASTILLO
- 07 Mar 19:20 OFFICIAL - MALAGA sign MICHEL as new manager
- 07 Mar 15:32 BARCELONA - Suarez: "We must not go crazy from the start"
- 07 Mar 10:10 REAL SOCIEDAD - A top Premier League suitor for BERCHICHE
- 06 Mar 20:16 OFFICIAL - Sporting GIJON sign Sergio Alvarez on a new contract
- 02 Mar 12:03 REAL MADRID, Bale: "I did not deserve red card against Las Palmas"
- 02 Mar 09:30 BARCELONA -Luis Enrique explains his decision to leave: "I have to be loyal to what I think"
- 01 Mar 15:44 LAS PALMAS - Jesé: " Mourinho had no sympathy for me"
- 28 Feb 17:23 REAL MADRID - 19-man squad for the match against UD Las Palmas
- 25 Feb 19:56 BARCELONA FC - 4 names for replacing Luis Enrique next season
- 22 Feb 22:23 OFFICIAL - MALAGA extend deal with RECIO
- 21 Feb 15:44 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone will stay
- 17 Feb 09:42 BARCELONA FC target an Eibar player
- 16 Feb 19:59 REAL BETIS working on their two main stars' new contracts
- 16 Feb 12:52 OFFICIAL - REAL BETIS sign Petros on a new deal
- 16 Feb 09:42 REAL MADRID - Casemiro sensational strike against Napoli: "I've been working on in training"
- 15 Feb 14:16 OFFICIAL - ATLETICO MADRID sign Thomas PARTEY on a new long-term deal
- 14 Feb 17:31 REAL MADRID - star Bale out of Napoli Champions League clash
- 13 Feb 18:37 ESPANYOL willing to sign DIEGO LOPEZ on a full basis from AC Milan
- 12 Feb 10:48 ATHLETIC BILBAO, Iñaki Williams: "This is home to me, I don't want to leave"
- 10 Feb 09:26 OFFICIAL - EIBAR sign Sergi Enrich on a new contract
- 09 Feb 20:44 OFFICIAL - ATHLETIC BILBAO sign Yeray Alvarez on new contract
- 09 Feb 15:45 REAL MADRID - Perez: "The Bernabeu can't host the Copa final due to construction work"
- 07 Feb 08:00 REAL MADRID to target Lloris
- 06 Feb 09:15 CELTA VIGO - Marcelo DIAZ says no to Chinese transfer
- 03 Feb 08:43 OFFICIAL - ESPANYOL sign 3 players on new long-term contracts
- 01 Feb 12:48 OFFICIAL - Sporting Gijon sign Lacina TRAORE and ELDERSON
- 01 Feb 11:17 OFFICIAL - DEPORTIVO sign CARTABIA and loan him to Sporting Braga
- 01 Feb 10:29 OFFICIAL - Leganés sign 4 players
- 01 Feb 08:32 OFFICIAL - MALAGA sign former blanco José RODRIGUEZ
- 31 Jan 16:21 OFFICIAL - CELTA VIGO sign Danishman Hjulsager
- 31 Jan 10:04 OFFICIAL - Deportivo Alavés sign Rodrigo ELY on loan from AC Milan
- 30 Jan 08:54 VILLARREAL - PATO undergoing medical for Tianjin Quanjian
- 30 Jan 05:48 LAS PALMAS defeat Boro and sign JESE Rodriguez from PSG
- 29 Jan 18:44 OFFICIAL - ESPANYOL extend deal with AARON
- 29 Jan 06:13 OFFICIAL - GRANADA sign Portuguese goalie RUI SILVA
- 28 Jan 11:02 OFFICIAL - OSASUNA sign Nikola VUJADINOVIC
- 26 Jan 09:37 OFFICIAL - GRANADA sign Adrian RAMOS from Borussia Dortmund
- 25 Jan 20:54 OFFICIAL - Athletic Bilbao loan VESGA out to SPORTING GIJON
- 25 Jan 12:23 OFFICIAL - DEPORTIVO swap goalie loans with Anderlecht
- 25 Jan 10:54 OFFICIAL - Real Betis sign PARDO and TOSCA
- 25 Jan 00:17 OFFICIAL - MALAGA sign Luis HERNANDEZ from Leicester
- 24 Jan 16:57 CELTA VIGO - A Turkish suitor for ORELLANA
- 24 Jan 13:33 OFFICIAL - GRANADA sign Panagiotis KONE on loan from Udinese
- 23 Jan 23:22 OFFICIAL - REAL SOCIEDAD sign Rubén PARDO on a new deal
- 23 Jan 17:21 FC SEVILLE - VANGIONI much harder to get: AC Milan wants him to stay put
- 20 Jan 07:51 MALAGA about to sign Luis HERNANDEZ from Leicester
- 19 Jan 11:47 EXCLUSIVE TMW - ESPANYOL eye German RIVERO
- 19 Jan 09:02 GRANADA about to sign Adrian RAMOS from Dortmund before he joins China
- 18 Jan 21:49 OFFICIAL - Javi ALAMO resigns from OSASUNA and joins ALMERIA
- 18 Jan 15:02 ATLETICO MADRID - Duel to Genoa and Sassuolo on Walter MONTOYA
- 17 Jan 12:44 MALAGA close to sign DEMICHELIS back
- 16 Jan 00:26 OFFICIAL - VALENCIA sign ZAZA
- 13 Jan 20:30 OFFICIAL - DEPORTIVO, Ola JOHN joins on loan from Benfica
- 13 Jan 12:10 OFFICIAL - CELTA VIGO sign Jozabed Sanchez and Dani Molina
- 12 Jan 17:33 SPORTING GIJON close to sign TIOTE from Newcastle
- 11 Jan 19:13 OFFICIAL - VALENCIA confirm VORO Gonzalez as first team manager
- 11 Jan 15:36 OFFICIAL - CELTA VIGO hand NARANJO out to GENK
- 10 Jan 16:08 OFFICIAL - Argentinian veteran DEMICHELIS resigns from ESPANYOL
- 10 Jan 11:28 OFFICIAL - FC SEVILLE sign LENGLET from AS Nancy
- 09 Jan 17:09 OFFICIAL - Algerian defender MEDJANI resigns from LEGANES
- 09 Jan 16:52 LAS PALMAS agree with Fiorentina on signing TOLEDO
- 07 Jan 20:36 OFFICIAL - MALAGA sign PENARANDA
- 06 Jan 22:21 EXCLUSIVE TMW - MALAGA target Deportivo Cali's PRECIADO
- 06 Jan 14:56 GRANADA - Arsenal loanee Jon TORAL might leave and join GLASGOW RANGERS
- 03 Jan 16:11 REAL BETIS - Musonda's father confirms son's leaving: it will be Chelsea or AS Roma
- 02 Jan 22:22 OFFICIAL - Bojan JOKIC resigns from VILLARREAL
- 30 Dec 17:37 MALAGA planning to sign JOKANOVIC as new boss in summer
- 30 Dec 14:19 ATLETICO MADRID & ALAVES - A Premier League top suitor for Theo HERNANDEZ
- 29 Dec 22:37 ATLETICO MADRID - CERCI in talks for a Serie A comeback
- 29 Dec 20:21 OFFICIAL - Leganés sign SIOVAS and 2 B squad players
- 28 Dec 22:06 OFFICIAL - Leganés sign SERANTES on a new contract
- 28 Dec 20:11 OFFICIAL - Marcelo ROMERO is MALAGA new manager
- 28 Dec 19:00 BARCELONA - Iniesta: "Retiring at Barcelona is my dream"
- 28 Dec 00:53 SPORTING GIJON - Attempt for Newcastle's TIOTE ready
- 24 Dec 06:37 BARCELONA -Luis Enrique: 'Melon d'Or' battle 'ridiculous'
- 24 Dec 02:25 ATLETICO MADRID - Simeone believes he will struggle to find a better club
- 23 Dec 12:10 REAL MADRID - 3 Liga suitors for Mariano DIAZ's loan
- 22 Dec 17:11 VILLARREAL - First attempt for GABIGOL failed
- 19 Dec 20:37 DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA - A big-time Turkish suitor for EMRE COLAK
- 17 Dec 22:36 EIBAR - 2 UK clubs pursuing Sergi ENRICH
- 16 Dec 22:45 EIBAR - 2 English and 1 German suitors for DANI GARCIA
- 14 Dec 23:15 FC SEVILLE - Lucas PRATTO on target
- 14 Dec 18:55 ESPANYOL - A top suitor for Gerard MORENO
- 14 Dec 17:28 REAL BETIS - A French suitor for Antonio ADAN
- 13 Dec 16:13 VILLARREAL - Cheryshev might be traded to DEPOR
- 12 Dec 13:48 DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA scouting Lens' ZOUBIR
- 10 Dec 04:35 VALENCIA - 2 suitors for Aussie goalie Mathew RYAN
- 09 Dec 19:26 FC SEVILLE, Kolodziejczak: "It's time for me to leave and start somenthing new"
- 07 Dec 20:37 FC SEVILLE challenged by Sporting Lisbon on signing VANGIONI
- 07 Dec 01:13 BARCELONA FC scouting Ajax talent CERNY
- 03 Dec 03:55 EXCLUSIVE TMW - LAS PALMAS challenge Serie A sides on ADEJO
- 02 Dec 13:55 REAL BETIS - Musonda to leave back to Chelsea in winter
- 25 Mar 00:01 REAL MADRID - Morata more and more tempted to leave: Chelsea on alert
- 24 Mar 23:17 SCHALKE 04 - Huntelaar turns down renewal offer and gets closer to AJAX
- 24 Mar 22:34 Boniek on SZCZESNY: "He'd like to stay out at AS Roma"
- 24 Mar 21:55 MANCHESTER UNITED - Mou flying to Croatia for meeting PERISIC
- 24 Mar 21:17 REAL MADRID weighing up a bid for OTAMENDI
- 24 Mar 20:31 WATFORD challenge Dortmund, Everton, and Inter Milan on SCHICK
- 24 Mar 19:46 MANCHESTER UNITED bring GRIEZMANN bid to almost 3-digits
- 24 Mar 18:59 MANCHESTER UNITED - Duel to Chelsea on MARCHISIO
- 24 Mar 18:13 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Fiorentina, suitors for Gonzalo RODRIGUEZ increasing
- 24 Mar 17:28 BARCELONA FC - André GOMES might be the key for signing Dybala
- 24 Mar 16:45 REAL MADRID more and more likely to get DE GEA from United
- 24 Mar 16:00 AS ROMA approaching Rodrigo Caio
- 24 Mar 15:16 BREAKING NEWS - 2 top clubs bidding €50M for Torino star hitman BELOTTI
- 24 Mar 14:33 VILLARREAL want to sign Claudio BRAVO from Man. City
- 24 Mar 13:52 JUVENTUS - 2 Chinese suitors for DANI ALVES
- 24 Mar 13:10 WEST HAM interested in bringing DJOUROU back to Premier League
- 24 Mar 12:27 OFFICIAL - Jonas OLSSON leaves WBA after 9 seasons and joins Djugardens
- 24 Mar 11:45 WEST HAM tring to meddle with Barça and AC Milan for DEULOFEU
- 24 Mar 11:09 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Empoli, 2 suitors for young playmaker DIOUSSE
- 24 Mar 10:26 Didier DROGBA gets an offer from USL club Phoenix Rising
- 24 Mar 09:44 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 3 top clubs on Torino's ZAPPACOSTA
- 24 Mar 09:07 BARCELONA FC, Neymar: "The player I'd like to join us is COUTINHO"
- 24 Mar 08:24 BORUSSIA DORTMUND more and more likely to sign Paulo SOUSA as next manager
- 24 Mar 00:09 MANCHESTER CITY - Guardiola wants Jordi ALBA back with him
- 23 Mar 23:36 INTER MILAN keener and keener on MARQUINHOS
- 23 Mar 23:07 REAL MADRID - Eyes on Chelsea's Marcos ALONSO
- 23 Mar 22:23 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Fiorentina target SC Freiburg star SOYUNCU
- 23 Mar 21:35 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Bayern Munich scouting two Serie A full-backs
- 23 Mar 20:57 INTER MILAN back on MERTENS
- 23 Mar 20:12 GENOA & TORINO - 1999-born Franko Kovacevic on target
- 23 Mar 19:25 ARSENAL keen on Arda TURAN
- 23 Mar 18:42 REAL MADRID - Duel to City on Sociedad's BERCHICHE
- 23 Mar 18:03 TORINO - Lead over Juventus and Atletico Madrid on LYANCO
- 23 Mar 17:21 NAPOLI - Eyes on Cagliari loanee CRAGNO
- 23 Mar 16:37 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Chelsea ready to challenge United on GRIEZMANN
- 23 Mar 15:53 CHELSEA - Chance for Juventus icon MARCHISIO
- 23 Mar 15:10 OFFICIAL - Copenaghen loan two players to Halmstad
- 23 Mar 14:28 LAZIO & CHIEVO - Eyes on second-tier goalie LANNI
- 23 Mar 13:47 ARSENAL - Back on LACAZETTE: duel to Atletico Madrid
- 23 Mar 13:04 BARCELONA FC - Duel to Arsenal, Juventus, and Tottenham on MAHREZ
- 23 Mar 12:22 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 3 Bundesliga clubs keen on AC Milan 2001-born IGLIO
- 23 Mar 11:43 ATALANTA - 3 Serie A suitors for PALOSCHI
- 23 Mar 11:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma, MANOLAS' agent: "There could be requests for him, but it's up to the club"
- 23 Mar 10:18 LYON, Lacazette's agent: "No agreement with Atletico Madrid"
- 23 Mar 09:46 FIORENTINA, Borja Valero's agent: "He turned down China for staying put. But it's up to the club"
- 23 Mar 09:04 ATHLETIC BILBAO, Williams: "Juventus and Real Madrid? Big clubs, but I already am in one"
- 23 Mar 08:21 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Borussia Dortmund, deal with DAHOUD
- 23 Mar 01:10 BARCELONA FC - Duel to Arsenal, Chelsea and Juventus on RABIOT
- 23 Mar 00:41 JUVENTUS about to sign veteran CHIELLINI on a new deal
- 23 Mar 00:04 ATALANTA - Spinazzola between joining Juventus plans and Tottenham
Talking to Italian radio broadcast Centro Suono Sport, Polish federation chairman and former football star player Zbigniew Boniek, talked about AS Roma international goalkeeper Wojciech Sczcesny, still owned by Arsenal: "We had dinner together last night, and he told me he
Talking to Italian radio broadcast Centro Suono Sport, Polish federation chairman and former football star player Zbigniew Boniek, talked about AS Rom
Asked about Barcelona FC market perspectives by Daily Mail, Brazilian star winger/forward Neymar stated: "The player I'd like to join us, mor
According to latest UK news, Watford management have targeted Czech international striker Patrik Schick (21). Possibly soon extending his deal with Sa
Coming from a very stormy season, during which he first joined Genoa, on a buy-back clause loan, and then left in January for being traded to AC Milan
According to latest rumours collected through TMW sources of ours, 2001-born midfielder Giuseppe Iglio, playing in AC Milan development area, has been