REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We're going to fight for each match"
10.08.2012 17.30 by TM W
© foto di Hernandez/Alterphotos/Image Sp
José Mourinho faces his third season leading Real Madrid. He does it "excited after two years in which this team has gone from strength to strength and has always won a title". One day shy of concluding the American tour, the White's coach reflected on the pre-season and analysed the campaign about to commence with the first fixture of la Liga against Valencia August 19 in the Santiago Bernabéu. "We're going to fight for each match and each title with all our might. You can't promise more because there are factors that you can't control. This sport is and always will be a game and games are unpredictable. I like reducing this uncertainty to an absolute minimum and having Real Madrid win many more times than not. We want to want to win titles again and return to Cibeles, which is the best end to a season you can have".
What's your assessment of Real Madrid's tour in the United States?
It hasn't finished yet, but it's going well. We worked hard and well in the first period and later the games have turned out how we wanted them to. The first fixture was against an American team that was more worried about playing well and allowing good play. The next match was more complicated, more competitive and intense, against a Mexican team. Later, we played a top level European team in a stadium that we new would bring motivation on the one hand and responsibility on the other. It was good for us and now we're going to finish by playing a team with a completely different profile that plays a British style of football. We're playing well, once again putting together the pieces of a machine that was already working well and trying to step up our intensity and confidence. We're preparing ourselves as best as possible to start well.
Many players have pointed out that this team is well established and that two years of work are paying off. Is this team really so united?
It helps when people know each other and get on well together. The players might have been together for a long time but if there's no empathy and pleasure in working together you have a bigger problem than when you're putting together a group. We all get along well, we know each other well both on a personal level and in terms of football. They know the way I work and my ideas and I know them, their great qualities and the small problems that always exist. We're excited about our third year after two in which we've gone from strength to strength and have always won a title. Last year's was more important than the one the year before. That's where we are and it's a shame that the national teams are leaving us in a complicated situation next week before the championship begins. That's the calendar. We knew about it months ago and we've tried to organise the pre-season in a balanced way so that the players can start, perhaps not all-out, but well.
Much has been said about the goal-fest against Milan and the play deployed by your team. Did José Mourinho expect Real Madrid to respond in this way at this stage in the preparation?
We played well. We won the match and I think that for the players the stadium was an additional motivating factor. The stadium was packed with fans and people that feel a special connection to the team because they don't live in Spain. Another motivating factor was the reputation of our rivals and we played all-out and prepared really well. The result is rewarding but not essential. What's essential is that we play well and we did it at a level at which we played many times last season. They are small factors that add to the confidence this team already has.
In the game against Milan, were we seeing the Real Madrid of Mourinho's third year?
I don't know. We played the first half well against a very closed team that came on with very defensive play and many players at the back. It made us think about our play. That's going to happen to us a lot with teams that are going to lock down against us. When we scored the second goal in the second half and they wanted to attack, the game profile changed. They played more offensively, leaving a lot of space for our transitions. It was a rich game in a tactical sense to train us.
There are many people that wonder why you enjoy coming to the United States so much for the pre-season. In New York, in the Yankee Stadium, we saw many reasons to do it...
The people that ask me that only do so once. The president asked me and after coming he's never asked me again. This time he came with us and we've loved having him. He's not going to ask me again why I want to come because he's going to enjoy coming back himself. With the exception of Philadelphia, where we knew what the temperature would be like, the climate is perfect for working. The organisation is perfect, the matches are good, the stadiums and the fans motivational. We promote Real Madrid in an important market, we promote football in a country where it isn't the top sport. I also think it's good for the club economically... It's also perfect for the players on the Spanish national team because they're going to stay and head from here to Costa Rica, which is much closer than if they had to return to Europe and it saves them some hours of travel. It's perfect for everyone and it's a great experience. I've been doing it for seven years and I want to continue because I like it a lot. Whoever comes never asks again.
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 25 May 22:30 Barca, Vermaelen: "I have not played much but I will not go away"
- 17 May 22:30 Real Madrid, Varane: "In France an important stage of my career"
- 16 May 17:58 Barcelona, Dani Alves: "No matter what they say, we are the best in the world"
- 16 May 17:32 Riquelme: "There is no one like Messi . It must be protected"
- 15 May 09:52 LEVANTE - Ghilas set for a comeback to Porto
- 10 May 10:36 MALAGA - Atsu eager to stay in Spain
- 05 May 07:29 LEVANTE, Veteran captain Juanfran announces quitting
- 04 May 13:36 BARCELONA - Piqué: "I hope Inter and Milan come back soon"
- 01 May 21:25 LA LIGA - Full Time Scores
- 30 Apr 16:06 REAL MADRID - James offered to Juventus
- 30 Apr 15:35 LA LIGA - Real Betis Balón Pie VS FC Barcelona
- 30 Apr 14:03 LA LIGA - Atlético Madrid VS Rayo Vallecano
- 30 Apr 13:09 LA LIGA - Real Sociedad VS Real Madrid
- 30 Apr 11:33 ATHLETIC BILBAO - San José: "I'm not leaving"
- 30 Apr 10:41 VALENCIA - Eyes on Meré
- 30 Apr 09:36 REAL SOCIEDAD - Target Emenike
- 30 Apr 09:02 ATELTICO MADRID - Godin to feature against Bayern
- 29 Apr 18:08 BARCELONA - The new whim of Neymar, who bought a plane for $9 million
- 29 Apr 10:56 VILLAREAL - Bakambu: "Not scared for the second leg"
- 29 Apr 09:21 VALENCIA - Jardim new target
- 28 Apr 14:10 UCL/ATLETICO MADRID - Saul: "The best goal of my career"
- 28 Apr 12:10 BARCELONA - Bartra to leave
- 28 Apr 11:54 REAL MADRID - Bumper bid for de Gea
- 28 Apr 11:19 BARCELONA - Preferential option on Saul Niguez
- 27 Apr 17:58 REAL MADRID - Ronaldo race for fitness ahead of CL clash
- 27 Apr 13:52 BARCELONA - Six defenders could leave
- 27 Apr 11:25 BARCELONA -Target Thiago Silva
- 27 Apr 11:14 VALENCIA - Try to appoint Prandelli
- 26 Apr 13:39 REAL SOCIEDAD - Inigo Martinez extends his contract
- 26 Apr 09:35 CHELSEA - Diego Costa makes surprise appearance in Madrid
- 24 Apr 21:25 LA LIGA - Villarreal 0 - 0 Real Sociedad - Full Time Result
- 24 Apr 21:21 LA LIGA - Villareal 0-0 Real Sociedad
- 24 Apr 19:04 LA LIGA - Getafe 2-2 Valemcia (FT)
- 24 Apr 18:35 LA LIGA - Villareal FC vs Real Sociedad FC (Lineup)
- 24 Apr 18:05 LA LIGA- Getafe 0-0 Valencia (HT)
- 24 Apr 16:50 LA LIGA - Sevilla FC 2-0 Real Betis Balón Pie (FT)
- 24 Apr 16:33 LA LIGA - Getafe FC vs Valencia FC
- 24 Apr 14:35 LA LIGA - SEVILLA DERBY: Sevilla FC VS Real Betis Balón Pie (Lineup)
- 24 Apr 12:54 LA LIGA - Levante 2-2 Athletic (FT)
- 23 Apr 21:26 LA LIGA - FC Barcelona 6-0 Sporting Gijon (FT)
- 23 Apr 20:14 LA LIGA - Barcelona 1-0 Sporting de Gijón (Half Time)
- 23 Apr 19:26 LA LIGA - Atlético Madrid 1-0 Málaga (FT)
- 23 Apr 18:14 LA LIGA - Atlético Madrid 0-0 Málaga (half time)
- 23 Apr 17:00 LA LIGA/Rayo Vallecano v Real Madrid Full-time Report
- 23 Apr 16:46 REAL MADRID- Benzema injured: a doubt for Champions League semi-final
- 23 Apr 16:01 LA LIGA/Rayo Vallecano v Real Madrid Halftime Report
- 23 Apr 14:55 LA LIGA - Rayo Vallecano Vs Real Madrid Lineup
- 23 Apr 08:33 BILBAO - Iñigo Martinez as a replacement for Laporte
- 23 Apr 08:18 SEVILLA - Set to battle Inter for Feghouli
- 23 Apr 07:43 VALENCIA - Keen on Marco Asensio
- 22 Apr 19:42 REAL MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo, Casemiro and Carvajal missing for Rayo trip
- 22 Apr 19:25 BARCELONA - Luis Enrique: I hope we have overcome the doldrums
- 22 Apr 14:29 REAL MADRID - Ramos will retire at Madrid
- 22 Apr 11:30 VALENCIA, Mustafi: "I'm fine here, but there are many offers for me"
- 21 Apr 14:09 BARCELONA - Neymar to miss the Copa America
- 20 Apr 22:55 LA LIGA / Real Madrid 3-0 Villareal
- 20 Apr 22:17 LA LIGA / Malaga 1-1 Rayo Vallecano (Ended)
- 20 Apr 22:14 LA LIGA / Valencia 4-0 Eibar (Ended)
- 20 Apr 22:03 LA LIGA / Athletic Club 0-1 Atletico Madrid (Ended)
- 20 Apr 21:55 LA LIGA / Sporting Gijon 2-1 Sevilla (Ended)
- 20 Apr 21:01 LA LIGA / Deportivo La Coruña 0-8 FC Barcelona (Ended)
- 20 Apr 20:49 LA LIGA / Valencia 3-0 Eibar (first half)
- 20 Apr 20:39 LA LIGA / Athletic 0-1 Atletico de Madrid (first half)
- 20 Apr 20:38 LA LIGA - Real Madrid - Villareal Lineup
- 20 Apr 19:41 LA LIGA - Valencia - Eibar Line
- 20 Apr 19:30 LA LIGA - Málaga - Rayo Vallecano Lineup
- 20 Apr 19:18 LA LIGA - Sporting Gijon - Sevilla Lineup
- 20 Apr 19:09 LA LIGA - Athletic - Atletico Madrid lineup
- 20 Apr 18:26 LA LIGA - Deportivo La Coruña - FC Barcelona lineup
- 20 Apr 11:46 BARCELONA - Hummels not for sale
- 19 Apr 21:44 Espanyol v Celta Vigo 1-1 / Real Betis v Las Palmas 1-0
- 19 Apr 17:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Neymar focused on turning Barca around"
- 19 Apr 15:51 ATLETICO MADRID - Godin: Great relationship with Suarez
- 19 Apr 15:33 REAL MADRID - Gareth Bale and Carvajal will not be against Villareal
- 19 Apr 12:56 Barcelona, Atletico or Real: Who has the toughest run in?
- 15 Apr 17:37 BARCELONA - Dani Alves makes light of Barcelona's European exit
- 14 Apr 14:54 UCL/ATLETICO MADRID - Simeone: "We never stopped believing"
- 13 Apr 09:10 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "Blancos for Champions League and La Liga double"
- 12 Apr 18:09 REAL MADRID, Modric: "We can go through thanks to our supporters"
- 12 Apr 11:49 UCL/BARCELONA - Barca pair to miss Champions League tie
- 11 Apr 10:29 EUROPA LEAGUE - Nolito ‘Celta practically in Europe, but...’
- 10 Apr 22:15 LA LIGA - Full time: Athletic Bilbao 1 - Rayo Vallecano
- 10 Apr 22:14 LA LIGA - Full time: Villarreal 2 - 0 Getafe
- 10 Apr 22:08 LA LIGA - Full time: Valencia 2 - 1 Sevilla
- 10 Apr 22:04 LA LIGA - Full time: Sporting Gijon 0 - 1 Celta Vigo
- 10 Apr 15:00 ATLETICO MADRID target BENFICA's Gaitan
- 09 Apr 21:52 LA LIGA - Saturday's Scores
- 08 Apr 07:26 SEVILLA - Emery: "A moderate joy, we still got 90 minutes to play"
- 08 Apr 06:49 ATHLETIC BILBAO - Aduriz: "We can do a come back in the second leg"
- 07 Apr 09:37 BARCELONA - Xavi: "I want to coach Barcelona"
- 07 Apr 09:04 REAL MADRID - Benzema injured against Wolfsburg
- 06 Apr 12:22 BARCELONA FC, Ter Stegen: "No agreement with City. I'll talk to Barça after season runs out"
- 06 Apr 09:37 BARCELONA - Xavi: "I want to coach Barcelona"
- 05 Apr 22:16 ATLETICO MADRID - 'We are still alive' says Luis
- 05 Apr 20:58 LA LIGA - La Liga report Cristiano Ronaldo abuse
- 05 Apr 08:32 LA LIGA / LEVANTE - GIJON: Final Score
- 04 Apr 21:04 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - Piqué warns Atlético: Barcelona could be unstoppable
- 04 Apr 08:32 LA LIGA / LEVANTE - GIJON: Final Score
- 03 Apr 22:58 La Liga - Sunday's Scores
- 03 Apr 12:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa: "My future? I don't know, but I can't imagine myself anywhere but here"
- 25 May 22:41 OFFICIAL: Arsenal, Arteta and Rosicky do not renew contracts
- 25 May 22:30 Barca, Vermaelen: "I have not played much but I will not go away"
- 25 May 22:16 Anderlecht, there is also Pioli for the bench
- 25 May 22:08 Crespo: "Mascherano? "Its easy to say that would be the right player for Juventus"
- 25 May 22:00 Colonia, Rausch: "I want to start. Convinced by management"
- 25 May 21:54 Sporting Lisbona, the first reinforcement could be QPR player's Sandro
- 25 May 21:52 ARSENAL - Xhaka 'first contact with Wenger a year ago'
- 25 May 21:47 Radamel Falcao: "I think that I return to Monaco, is the best solution"
- 25 May 21:41 Inter, Zanetti: "Medel is important for us, it remains here"
- 25 May 21:33 OFFICIAL: Young Boys, Wuthrich's renewal until 2020
- 25 May 21:20 COLOGNE - official Rausch joins
- 25 May 21:18 PSG, Verratti's ag.: "Marco has suffered so much for Zlatan farewell"
- 25 May 20:43 LEICESTER - Kramaric joins Hoffenheim
- 25 May 20:33 CHELSEA - Real Madrid are trying to persuade Courtois
- 25 May 20:14 BARCELONA - Vermaelen not contemplating departure
- 25 May 20:12 NEWCASTLE - Benitez statement on staying
- 25 May 20:01 SEVILLA - Unay Emery won't leave
- 25 May 19:36 LEICESTER manager Ranieri speaks about next season
- 25 May 19:35 NEWCASTLE/official - Benitez staying on 3 year deal
- 25 May 19:14 MANCHESTER UNITED - Wilkins: "Mourinho has to play a different style"
- 25 May 18:57 SOUTHAMPTON - Koeman set to snub Everton for new deal with Saints
- 25 May 18:50 BREAKING NEWS - NEWCASTLE, Benitez to stay
- 25 May 18:23 GERMANY - Schweinsteiger confident he will play for Germany this summer
- 25 May 18:11 FIORENTINA, Corvino wants to bring Giaccherini in
- 25 May 17:55 FRANCE/ BASTIA, 2 Ligue 1 suitors for Ayité
- 25 May 17:43 WEST BROM - Lambert: "I've found it hard to score goals"
- 25 May 17:31 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ryan Allsop renews for Bournemouth
- 25 May 17:20 MANCHESTER UNITED - Schmeichel: "Mourinho can bring success at United"
- 25 May 17:05 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Veteran Srna renews for Shakhtar Donetsk
- 25 May 16:48 LIVERPOOL - Suarez reunion in doubt after injury
- 25 May 16:36 MANCHESTER UNITED, Assault on Miranda is ready
- 25 May 16:24 TORINO, Eyes on Tomás Rincón
- 25 May 16:12 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Rafael Benitez closer to staying with Magpies
- 25 May 15:57 NAPOLI, New plan for Vecino
- 25 May 15:40 ENGLAND - Coleman wary of England's Jamie Vardy
- 25 May 15:32 TMW VIDEO - Mourinho has left his London house
- 25 May 15:21 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Rafaelov renews for Club Brugge
- 25 May 15:03 ARSENAL - Xhaka: "It's an honour to play for Arsenal"
- 25 May 14:48 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Copenaghen sign Olsen on a full basis
- 25 May 14:30 GERMANY/ FC KOLN, Rausch about to join
- 25 May 14:14 BESIKTAS, First attempt for Glik failed
- 25 May 14:02 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL: Middlesbrough don't hire Agazzi, who joins AC Milan back
- 25 May 13:49 BAYERN MUNICH: Duel to to PSG, City and Barça on Leroy Sané
- 25 May 13:41 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ibarbo agrees to Panathinaikos transfer
- 25 May 13:34 ITALY/ GENOA, Scouting Renzetti
- 25 May 13:33 BREAKING NEWS - Josè Mourinho is still registered as trademark of Chelsea FC Limited
- 25 May 13:22 EVERTON, Back for Cerci
- 25 May 13:09 FIORENTINA, Back for Ljajic: transfer might be eased by new FIGC rules
- 25 May 12:56 JUVENTUS, Planning double swoop on Pjanic and Lukaku
- 25 May 12:41 SUNDERLAND keen on James Morrison
While Inter want to hold him at all costs, Brazilian international Joao Miranda (31) is more and more of the main market target for José Mourinho's new Manchester United. After Italian club's mandatory hireback from Atletico Madrid and Copa America, former Colchone
Inter vicepresident Javier Zanetti has spoken at Radio Cooperativa, about Gary Medel's future. "Gary is a very important player for us, for i
Barcelona defender Thomas Vermaelen has spoken at Sky Sports UK about his future: "I do not want to leave Barcelona, but the last few months have
Mikel Arteta and Tomas Rosicky will not be Arsenal's players. The Gunners have already informed FA that both contracts will not be renewed.
Donato Di Campli, Marco Verratti's agent has spoken at Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli: "Verratti is starting with great calm, between eight weeks wil
Henrikh Mkhitaryan was elected by Kicker, Bundesliga's best player. A prestigious award for the Armenian Borussia Dortmund midfielder followed in