REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We're going to fight for each match"
10.08.2012 18.30 by TM W
© foto di Hernandez/Alterphotos/Image Sp
José Mourinho faces his third season leading Real Madrid. He does it "excited after two years in which this team has gone from strength to strength and has always won a title". One day shy of concluding the American tour, the White's coach reflected on the pre-season and analysed the campaign about to commence with the first fixture of la Liga against Valencia August 19 in the Santiago Bernabéu. "We're going to fight for each match and each title with all our might. You can't promise more because there are factors that you can't control. This sport is and always will be a game and games are unpredictable. I like reducing this uncertainty to an absolute minimum and having Real Madrid win many more times than not. We want to want to win titles again and return to Cibeles, which is the best end to a season you can have".
What's your assessment of Real Madrid's tour in the United States?
It hasn't finished yet, but it's going well. We worked hard and well in the first period and later the games have turned out how we wanted them to. The first fixture was against an American team that was more worried about playing well and allowing good play. The next match was more complicated, more competitive and intense, against a Mexican team. Later, we played a top level European team in a stadium that we new would bring motivation on the one hand and responsibility on the other. It was good for us and now we're going to finish by playing a team with a completely different profile that plays a British style of football. We're playing well, once again putting together the pieces of a machine that was already working well and trying to step up our intensity and confidence. We're preparing ourselves as best as possible to start well.
Many players have pointed out that this team is well established and that two years of work are paying off. Is this team really so united?
It helps when people know each other and get on well together. The players might have been together for a long time but if there's no empathy and pleasure in working together you have a bigger problem than when you're putting together a group. We all get along well, we know each other well both on a personal level and in terms of football. They know the way I work and my ideas and I know them, their great qualities and the small problems that always exist. We're excited about our third year after two in which we've gone from strength to strength and have always won a title. Last year's was more important than the one the year before. That's where we are and it's a shame that the national teams are leaving us in a complicated situation next week before the championship begins. That's the calendar. We knew about it months ago and we've tried to organise the pre-season in a balanced way so that the players can start, perhaps not all-out, but well.
Much has been said about the goal-fest against Milan and the play deployed by your team. Did José Mourinho expect Real Madrid to respond in this way at this stage in the preparation?
We played well. We won the match and I think that for the players the stadium was an additional motivating factor. The stadium was packed with fans and people that feel a special connection to the team because they don't live in Spain. Another motivating factor was the reputation of our rivals and we played all-out and prepared really well. The result is rewarding but not essential. What's essential is that we play well and we did it at a level at which we played many times last season. They are small factors that add to the confidence this team already has.
In the game against Milan, were we seeing the Real Madrid of Mourinho's third year?
I don't know. We played the first half well against a very closed team that came on with very defensive play and many players at the back. It made us think about our play. That's going to happen to us a lot with teams that are going to lock down against us. When we scored the second goal in the second half and they wanted to attack, the game profile changed. They played more offensively, leaving a lot of space for our transitions. It was a rich game in a tactical sense to train us.
There are many people that wonder why you enjoy coming to the United States so much for the pre-season. In New York, in the Yankee Stadium, we saw many reasons to do it...
The people that ask me that only do so once. The president asked me and after coming he's never asked me again. This time he came with us and we've loved having him. He's not going to ask me again why I want to come because he's going to enjoy coming back himself. With the exception of Philadelphia, where we knew what the temperature would be like, the climate is perfect for working. The organisation is perfect, the matches are good, the stadiums and the fans motivational. We promote Real Madrid in an important market, we promote football in a country where it isn't the top sport. I also think it's good for the club economically... It's also perfect for the players on the Spanish national team because they're going to stay and head from here to Costa Rica, which is much closer than if they had to return to Europe and it saves them some hours of travel. It's perfect for everyone and it's a great experience. I've been doing it for seven years and I want to continue because I like it a lot. Whoever comes never asks again.
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 30 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Rakitic: "Happy that Xavi will stay"
- 29 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Bacca"
- 28 Jul 18:59 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Over and above individual prizes"
- 28 Jul 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Griezmann could help our team"
- 27 Jul 06:30 ATLETICO, Suarez: "I am happy here"
- 26 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "It will be difficult to replace Mathieu"
- 25 Jul 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Torres has a home here"
- 24 Jul 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "I am happy here"
- 23 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to honor my contract"
- 22 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Parejo: "I hope Mathieu will stay"
- 21 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Guardado's agent: "Offers from Italy and Russia"
- 20 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas: "I haven't signed for anyone yet"
- 19 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "Nothing with Benfica"
- 18 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "We want to keep Mathieu"
- 17 Jul 08:15 REAL MADRID, Khedira's agent: "We are not in talks with Arsenal"
- 16 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I want to honor my contract"
- 15 Jul 08:19 VALENCIA, Nuno: "Mathieu going nowhere"
- 14 Jul 08:15 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We'll sign other players"
- 13 Jul 08:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Carmona is not a priority"
- 11 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata: "I am looking forward to join Juventus"
- 10 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I would like to honor my contact"
- 08 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve is closer"
- 07 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas' agent: "Offers form Atletico and Porto"
- 04 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No more talks with Liverpool for Moreno"
- 03 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Adriano: "I would like to stay"
- 02 Jul 16:15 BARCELONA, Adriano keen on Barca stay
- 01 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Faus: "We can invest on the transfer market"
- 28 Jun 08:00 LEVANTE, Navas: "Atletico? It would be great"
- 26 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay for many years"
- 25 Jun 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 24 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "If Diego Costa leaves..."
- 23 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Di Maria: "Don't know anything about Juve"
- 22 Jun 08:29 ATLETICO, Godin: "I will stay"
- 21 Jun 08:00 REAL, Burgui: "Espanyol are after me"
- 19 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve? Nothing new"
- 18 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Sorry that I didn't have time to say good-bye"
- 16 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 14 Jun 08:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 13 Jun 08:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Vela wants to remain"
- 12 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 11 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about the new signings"
- 11 Jun 00:46 BRAZIL, Pele: "I love Xavi"
- 10 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Arda Turan's agent: "No contacts with Barcelona"
- 09 Jun 08:00 VALENCIA, Bernat's agent: "No offers from Porto"
- 08 Jun 08:30 SEVILLA, Castro: "We haven' sold or bought anyone"
- 07 Jun 08:00 SEVILLA, Moreno: "I have four years on my contract"
- 06 Jun 08:15 ATLETICO, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 05 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Who wants Diego Costa must pay his clause"
- 04 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Morata won't join Juve"
- 03 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "He won't move"
- 01 Jun 08:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Arrasate: "Difficult to keep Bravo"
- 31 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay"
- 30 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Diego Alves: "I'm about to sign a new contract"
- 29 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "No offers for Rakitic"
- 28 May 08:00 REAL, Di Maria: "I want to honor my contract"
- 27 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Wednesday I will sign a new contract"
- 26 May 20:00 BARCELONA,Halilovic thrilled to sign at Camp Nou
- 26 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Macherano: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 25 May 08:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Coke to Napoli? We have other plans"
- 23 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Mathieu: "My future? It's up to the club"
- 22 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Moving to Chelsea would be unhealthy"
- 21 May 17:47 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo chasing Merengues' 'décima' dream
- 21 May 15:44 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Please don’t compare me with Pep"
- 21 May 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I will remain"
- 20 May 17:31 REAL MADRID, Bale: "We're confident we can beat Atletico again"
- 20 May 16:26 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "'La Décima' is not an obsession"
- 20 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I am happy here"
- 19 May 08:00 RAYO, Jémez: "Few chances for me to stay"
- 18 May 08:30 VALENCIA, Bernat: "I hope to remain"
- 17 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "I will stay here"
- 16 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Cuenca: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 15 May 19:30 BARCELONA, Puyol: "I came here as a child and I leave with a family"
- 15 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "We'll offer a new contract to Rakitic"
- 14 May 08:15 ATLETICO, Diego: "My future? After the CL final"
- 13 May 19:16 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I like the idea of delivering La Decima"
- 13 May 19:07 BARCELONA, Neymar hopes to return for title decider against Atletico Madrid
- 13 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Rakitic: "Real? Everybody dreams to play in the CL"
- 12 May 19:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano expects changes
- 12 May 18:15 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "200 per cent confident of winning La Liga"
- 12 May 08:15 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "The next game could be the last one.."
- 11 May 08:30 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "I hope Martino will stay"
- 10 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "If somebody is not happy with me.."
- 09 May 13:16 REAL MADRID, Pepe out 15 days
- 09 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I am not sure to stay"
- 07 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "Emery will stay"
- 06 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Sosa's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 05 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Martino? Soon we'll meet"
- 03 May 08:00 CELTA, Luis Enrique: "Barça? Just rumours"
- 02 May 08:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Martinez: "Nver to Athletic"
- 01 May 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "My future is here"
- 30 Apr 08:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "I signed for this club to win the CL"
- 29 Apr 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "I think Diego Costa will stay"
- 28 Apr 17:48 REAL MADRID, Sergio Ramos: "For me, it is a dream to win the Champions"
- 26 Apr 02:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho's grief for Vilanova's death: "A very hard moment"
- 25 Apr 08:00 SEVILLA, Rakitic's agent: "No contacts with Lazio"
- 24 Apr 13:45 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "It was a special night. Bayern are a great team"
- 24 Apr 08:00 SEVILLA, Mbia: "I'd like to stay here"
- 23 Apr 13:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Filipe Luís: "Chelsea? The return leg is completely open"
- 23 Apr 08:00 MALAGA, Husillos: "We want to keep Iakovenko"
- 22 Apr 18:15 ATLETICO MADRID,Juanfran: "We can win the double"
- 30 Jul 19:00 FRANCE/ MARSEILLE, Started the deal for Ochoa
- 30 Jul 18:51 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Independiente sign Jesus Mendez
- 30 Jul 18:42 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Vlaar: "The club won't to lose me"
- 30 Jul 18:33 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Delfouneso Back At Blackpool
- 30 Jul 18:24 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Gerrard: "This has been worst period of my life "
- 30 Jul 18:15 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Magpies and Black Cats striken out: Gnabry set to join on loan from Arsenal
- 30 Jul 18:00 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Eichin: "We offered Selke a long-term renewal"
- 30 Jul 17:45 OFFICIAL/ HONDURAS,Medford the new NT coach
- 30 Jul 17:45 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Suggestion for Danny Graham
- 30 Jul 17:30 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Reus' agent warns Arsenal and Liverpool: "Transfer rumours are due, but he just wants to recover"
- 30 Jul 17:15 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Rudiger: "I'll sure play for a top club, but not I'm just focused on staying here"
- 30 Jul 17:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Approaching Rolando
- 30 Jul 16:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Jenkinson more and more likely to join West ham on loan
- 30 Jul 16:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Offer to Atletico for Miranda ready
- 30 Jul 16:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Back surveying Dedé
- 30 Jul 16:00 LIVERPOOL, UNITED & CITY: Cavani's removal from PSG promotional photo reopens Premier League perspectives
- 30 Jul 15:45 ITALY/ CESENA, Willing to bring Kozak back to Italy from Villa
- 30 Jul 15:30 ITALY/ LAZIO, Still tracking Paletta
- 30 Jul 15:21 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto sign Adres Fernandez
- 30 Jul 15:15 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal loan Caraglio to Velez
- 30 Jul 14:56 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Poyet: "It's clear we need a few new players"
- 30 Jul 14:45 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Attempt for Giovinco
- 30 Jul 14:30 QATAR/ OFFICIAL, Dejagah joins Al-Arabi
- 30 Jul 14:23 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Savic's agent: "Juventus interested in him"
- 30 Jul 14:15 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING LISBONA, Rojo: "I want to stay, but I'm waiting to see offers"
- 30 Jul 14:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Majestic request set on Lukaku's ownership
- 30 Jul 13:44 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Also Bayern interested in Di Maria
- 30 Jul 13:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Bruno joins Evian
- 30 Jul 13:14 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Enzo Perez: "I'm happy here, but I'll speak with the club"
- 30 Jul 13:00 ARSENAL & TOTTENHAM, Final duel for signing Schneiderlin
- 30 Jul 12:48 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Atletico Madrid consider €20 million bid for Cazorla
- 30 Jul 12:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, From Spain: Khedira at risk, possible agreement with Bayern for 2015
- 30 Jul 12:29 FRANCE/ O.M., Valbuena close to Dinamo Moscow
- 30 Jul 12:13 ITALY/ INTER, Vidic has revealed he was inundated with offers when he left United
- 30 Jul 12:00 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Kramer: "I just want to join 'Gladback back"
- 30 Jul 11:45 QATAR/ OFFICIAL, Qatar SC sign Harbaoui
- 30 Jul 11:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Eto'o tempted to join
- 30 Jul 11:14 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Vlaar to hold talks with agent
- 30 Jul 11:01 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Touré: "I want to stay long term"
- 30 Jul 09:00 ITALY/ GENOA, Still keen on Roncaglia
- 30 Jul 08:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Diarra joins Auxerre
- 30 Jul 08:30 ITALY/ LAZIO, Also Sunderland after Cavanda
- 30 Jul 08:15 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Back for Cerci
- 30 Jul 08:00 ITALY/ PARMA, Two English clubs after Biabiany
- 30 Jul 07:40 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Attempt for Fellaini
- 30 Jul 07:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Sabella is no longer the NT coach
- 30 Jul 06:57 LILLE, Kjaer: "I want to stay"
- 30 Jul 06:39 SCHALKE, Keller: "We don't need more signings"
- 30 Jul 06:19 MANCHESTER CITY, Dzeko: "I am in talk for a new contract"
- 30 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Rakitic: "Happy that Xavi will stay"
The captain of Liverpool, Steven Gerrard told to Daily Telegraph he is ready to ‘go again’ after World Cup failure followed the mistake that cost Reds the title.
"It’s probably been the worst three months of my life. I’ve seen it a few times. I don
Interviewed by Lalaziosiamonoi.it, Enzo Montepaone, agent of Lazio midfielder Lucas Biglia, has declared: "His future? Lucas is on vacation, he i
Barcelona new midfielder Ivan Rakitic has declared about his team-mate Xavi: "It’s great news that he’s staying here. He’s a cl
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko has declared: "'I can only say that I’m very happy at City and at the moment we are talking about a
Interviewed by La Voix du Nord, Lille center back Simon Kjaer has declared: "It has always been clear in my head, and I even told the coach at th