REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We're going to fight for each match"
10.08.2012 18.30 by TM W
© foto di Hernandez/Alterphotos/Image Sp
José Mourinho faces his third season leading Real Madrid. He does it "excited after two years in which this team has gone from strength to strength and has always won a title". One day shy of concluding the American tour, the White's coach reflected on the pre-season and analysed the campaign about to commence with the first fixture of la Liga against Valencia August 19 in the Santiago Bernabéu. "We're going to fight for each match and each title with all our might. You can't promise more because there are factors that you can't control. This sport is and always will be a game and games are unpredictable. I like reducing this uncertainty to an absolute minimum and having Real Madrid win many more times than not. We want to want to win titles again and return to Cibeles, which is the best end to a season you can have".
What's your assessment of Real Madrid's tour in the United States?
It hasn't finished yet, but it's going well. We worked hard and well in the first period and later the games have turned out how we wanted them to. The first fixture was against an American team that was more worried about playing well and allowing good play. The next match was more complicated, more competitive and intense, against a Mexican team. Later, we played a top level European team in a stadium that we new would bring motivation on the one hand and responsibility on the other. It was good for us and now we're going to finish by playing a team with a completely different profile that plays a British style of football. We're playing well, once again putting together the pieces of a machine that was already working well and trying to step up our intensity and confidence. We're preparing ourselves as best as possible to start well.
Many players have pointed out that this team is well established and that two years of work are paying off. Is this team really so united?
It helps when people know each other and get on well together. The players might have been together for a long time but if there's no empathy and pleasure in working together you have a bigger problem than when you're putting together a group. We all get along well, we know each other well both on a personal level and in terms of football. They know the way I work and my ideas and I know them, their great qualities and the small problems that always exist. We're excited about our third year after two in which we've gone from strength to strength and have always won a title. Last year's was more important than the one the year before. That's where we are and it's a shame that the national teams are leaving us in a complicated situation next week before the championship begins. That's the calendar. We knew about it months ago and we've tried to organise the pre-season in a balanced way so that the players can start, perhaps not all-out, but well.
Much has been said about the goal-fest against Milan and the play deployed by your team. Did José Mourinho expect Real Madrid to respond in this way at this stage in the preparation?
We played well. We won the match and I think that for the players the stadium was an additional motivating factor. The stadium was packed with fans and people that feel a special connection to the team because they don't live in Spain. Another motivating factor was the reputation of our rivals and we played all-out and prepared really well. The result is rewarding but not essential. What's essential is that we play well and we did it at a level at which we played many times last season. They are small factors that add to the confidence this team already has.
In the game against Milan, were we seeing the Real Madrid of Mourinho's third year?
I don't know. We played the first half well against a very closed team that came on with very defensive play and many players at the back. It made us think about our play. That's going to happen to us a lot with teams that are going to lock down against us. When we scored the second goal in the second half and they wanted to attack, the game profile changed. They played more offensively, leaving a lot of space for our transitions. It was a rich game in a tactical sense to train us.
There are many people that wonder why you enjoy coming to the United States so much for the pre-season. In New York, in the Yankee Stadium, we saw many reasons to do it...
The people that ask me that only do so once. The president asked me and after coming he's never asked me again. This time he came with us and we've loved having him. He's not going to ask me again why I want to come because he's going to enjoy coming back himself. With the exception of Philadelphia, where we knew what the temperature would be like, the climate is perfect for working. The organisation is perfect, the matches are good, the stadiums and the fans motivational. We promote Real Madrid in an important market, we promote football in a country where it isn't the top sport. I also think it's good for the club economically... It's also perfect for the players on the Spanish national team because they're going to stay and head from here to Costa Rica, which is much closer than if they had to return to Europe and it saves them some hours of travel. It's perfect for everyone and it's a great experience. I've been doing it for seven years and I want to continue because I like it a lot. Whoever comes never asks again.
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 25 Jul 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Torres has a home here"
- 24 Jul 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "I am happy here"
- 23 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to honor my contract"
- 22 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Parejo: "I hope Mathieu will stay"
- 21 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Guardado's agent: "Offers from Italy and Russia"
- 20 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas: "I haven't signed for anyone yet"
- 19 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "Nothing with Benfica"
- 18 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "We want to keep Mathieu"
- 17 Jul 08:15 REAL MADRID, Khedira's agent: "We are not in talks with Arsenal"
- 16 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I want to honor my contract"
- 15 Jul 08:19 VALENCIA, Nuno: "Mathieu going nowhere"
- 14 Jul 08:15 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We'll sign other players"
- 13 Jul 08:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Carmona is not a priority"
- 11 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata: "I am looking forward to join Juventus"
- 10 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I would like to honor my contact"
- 08 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve is closer"
- 07 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas' agent: "Offers form Atletico and Porto"
- 04 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No more talks with Liverpool for Moreno"
- 03 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Adriano: "I would like to stay"
- 02 Jul 16:15 BARCELONA, Adriano keen on Barca stay
- 01 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Faus: "We can invest on the transfer market"
- 28 Jun 08:00 LEVANTE, Navas: "Atletico? It would be great"
- 26 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay for many years"
- 25 Jun 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 24 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "If Diego Costa leaves..."
- 23 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Di Maria: "Don't know anything about Juve"
- 22 Jun 08:29 ATLETICO, Godin: "I will stay"
- 21 Jun 08:00 REAL, Burgui: "Espanyol are after me"
- 19 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve? Nothing new"
- 18 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Sorry that I didn't have time to say good-bye"
- 16 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 14 Jun 08:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 13 Jun 08:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Vela wants to remain"
- 12 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 11 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about the new signings"
- 11 Jun 00:46 BRAZIL, Pele: "I love Xavi"
- 10 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Arda Turan's agent: "No contacts with Barcelona"
- 09 Jun 08:00 VALENCIA, Bernat's agent: "No offers from Porto"
- 08 Jun 08:30 SEVILLA, Castro: "We haven' sold or bought anyone"
- 07 Jun 08:00 SEVILLA, Moreno: "I have four years on my contract"
- 06 Jun 08:15 ATLETICO, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 05 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Who wants Diego Costa must pay his clause"
- 04 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Morata won't join Juve"
- 03 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "He won't move"
- 01 Jun 08:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Arrasate: "Difficult to keep Bravo"
- 31 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay"
- 30 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Diego Alves: "I'm about to sign a new contract"
- 29 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "No offers for Rakitic"
- 28 May 08:00 REAL, Di Maria: "I want to honor my contract"
- 27 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Wednesday I will sign a new contract"
- 26 May 20:00 BARCELONA,Halilovic thrilled to sign at Camp Nou
- 26 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Macherano: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 25 May 08:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Coke to Napoli? We have other plans"
- 23 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Mathieu: "My future? It's up to the club"
- 22 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Moving to Chelsea would be unhealthy"
- 21 May 17:47 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo chasing Merengues' 'décima' dream
- 21 May 15:44 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Please don’t compare me with Pep"
- 21 May 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I will remain"
- 20 May 17:31 REAL MADRID, Bale: "We're confident we can beat Atletico again"
- 20 May 16:26 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "'La Décima' is not an obsession"
- 20 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I am happy here"
- 19 May 08:00 RAYO, Jémez: "Few chances for me to stay"
- 18 May 08:30 VALENCIA, Bernat: "I hope to remain"
- 17 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "I will stay here"
- 16 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Cuenca: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 15 May 19:30 BARCELONA, Puyol: "I came here as a child and I leave with a family"
- 15 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "We'll offer a new contract to Rakitic"
- 14 May 08:15 ATLETICO, Diego: "My future? After the CL final"
- 13 May 19:16 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I like the idea of delivering La Decima"
- 13 May 19:07 BARCELONA, Neymar hopes to return for title decider against Atletico Madrid
- 13 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Rakitic: "Real? Everybody dreams to play in the CL"
- 12 May 19:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano expects changes
- 12 May 18:15 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "200 per cent confident of winning La Liga"
- 12 May 08:15 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "The next game could be the last one.."
- 11 May 08:30 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "I hope Martino will stay"
- 10 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "If somebody is not happy with me.."
- 09 May 13:16 REAL MADRID, Pepe out 15 days
- 09 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I am not sure to stay"
- 07 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "Emery will stay"
- 06 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Sosa's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 05 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Martino? Soon we'll meet"
- 03 May 08:00 CELTA, Luis Enrique: "Barça? Just rumours"
- 02 May 08:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Martinez: "Nver to Athletic"
- 01 May 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "My future is here"
- 30 Apr 08:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "I signed for this club to win the CL"
- 29 Apr 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "I think Diego Costa will stay"
- 28 Apr 17:48 REAL MADRID, Sergio Ramos: "For me, it is a dream to win the Champions"
- 26 Apr 02:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho's grief for Vilanova's death: "A very hard moment"
- 25 Apr 08:00 SEVILLA, Rakitic's agent: "No contacts with Lazio"
- 24 Apr 13:45 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "It was a special night. Bayern are a great team"
- 24 Apr 08:00 SEVILLA, Mbia: "I'd like to stay here"
- 23 Apr 13:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Filipe Luís: "Chelsea? The return leg is completely open"
- 23 Apr 08:00 MALAGA, Husillos: "We want to keep Iakovenko"
- 22 Apr 18:15 ATLETICO MADRID,Juanfran: "We can win the double"
- 22 Apr 08:00 ATHLETIC, Valverde: "A future at Barça? I have a contract"
- 21 Apr 08:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi will stay"
- 20 Apr 08:00 BARCELONA, Sanchez's agent: "No problems with Martino"
- 19 Apr 08:00 VALENCIA, Romeu: "My future? It's up to Chelsea"
- 18 Apr 08:00 ESPANYOL, Casilla: "I'm not worried about my future"
- 17 Apr 10:21 BARCELONA, Bartra: "This defeat saddens us because we fought until the end"
- 25 Jul 15:29 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Trading with Chelsea for Marin
- 25 Jul 15:14 BRAZI/ OFFICIAL, Allione join Palmeiras
- 25 Jul 14:49 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Juventus sign Pereyra
- 25 Jul 14:30 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Carroll set for four-month lay-off
- 25 Jul 14:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan, arrives Forte
- 25 Jul 14:15 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Jackson Martinez: "I can't say where I'd like to go"
- 25 Jul 14:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, agreement for Perez
- 25 Jul 11:58 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Gerrard deal expected
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 11:14 ENGLAND/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - WBA: medicals for Cristian Gamboa
- 25 Jul 10:59 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Working for Origi
- 25 Jul 10:44 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, five-year deal for Casillas
- 25 Jul 10:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montpellier sign Deza on permanent basis
- 25 Jul 10:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Sprint for Kurtic
- 25 Jul 10:00 FRANCE/ STRABOURG, Agreement for Bahoken
- 25 Jul 09:40 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Chiellini likely to renew
- 25 Jul 09:17 COSTA RICA/ OFFICIAL, Pinto is no longer the NT coach
- 25 Jul 08:57 PSG, Blanc: "Conte? My suitcases aren't ready"
- 25 Jul 08:39 BAYERN, Shaqiri turns out transfer rumors
- 25 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Javi Garcia's agent: "We are not in talks with Napoli"
- 25 Jul 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Torres has a home here"
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 25 Jul 01:37 FRANCE/ PSG, Di Maria could replace Lavezzi
- 25 Jul 01:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Zaccardo will stay
- 25 Jul 00:59 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Sprint for Behrami
- 25 Jul 00:39 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Idea Viviano
- 25 Jul 00:20 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Eyes on Nani
- 25 Jul 00:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Fernando
- 24 Jul 23:37 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Coke renews with Sevilla
- 24 Jul 23:17 ITALY/ GENOA, Campagnaro farther
- 24 Jul 22:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Keen on Casillas
- 24 Jul 22:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Rossettini renews with Cagliari
- 24 Jul 22:20 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica sign Eliseu
- 24 Jul 22:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Agreement for Basanta
- 24 Jul 21:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Rulli joins Real Sociedad
- 24 Jul 21:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AS Roma sign Sanabria
- 24 Jul 21:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Super offer for Marquinhos ready
- 24 Jul 21:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Malonga quits Cesena
- 24 Jul 20:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montpellier sign Gissi
- 24 Jul 20:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Astori joins Roma
- 24 Jul 20:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover sign Gülselam
- 24 Jul 20:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Magnusson joins Cesena
- 24 Jul 19:44 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Working on Garcia loan
- 24 Jul 19:31 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eintracht Frankfurt: arrives Lucas Piazon
- 24 Jul 19:14 ITALY/ INTER, Ausilio: "Working in Medel"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 18:44 OFFICIAL, Aguirre named new Japan boss
- 24 Jul 18:31 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Paok: from Gimnasia arrives Facundo Pereya
- 24 Jul 18:16 USA/ OFFICIAL, Lampard completes New York City FC move
- 24 Jul 18:14 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Swans sign Montero
Juventus have announced the arrival of the Argentinian midfielder Roberto Pereyra, on loan from Udinese with right of ransom.
For the 2014/15 season Inter will play in a new away kit boldly proclaiming their status as the true team of Milan. The new away shirt has a ribbed cr
Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has declared: "We can't talk about Torres. He's in another team, at the moment very well, we&
Interviewed by Tuttonapoli.net, Manuel Garcia Quillon, agent of Manchester City midfielder Javi Garcia, has declared: "I am not involved in an
PSG coach Jean-Claude Blanc has declared: "Conte? My suitcases aren't ready. In this line of work, you don't even have the time to unp