REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We're going to fight for each match"
10.08.2012 18.30 by TM W
© foto di Hernandez/Alterphotos/Image Sp
José Mourinho faces his third season leading Real Madrid. He does it "excited after two years in which this team has gone from strength to strength and has always won a title". One day shy of concluding the American tour, the White's coach reflected on the pre-season and analysed the campaign about to commence with the first fixture of la Liga against Valencia August 19 in the Santiago Bernabéu. "We're going to fight for each match and each title with all our might. You can't promise more because there are factors that you can't control. This sport is and always will be a game and games are unpredictable. I like reducing this uncertainty to an absolute minimum and having Real Madrid win many more times than not. We want to want to win titles again and return to Cibeles, which is the best end to a season you can have".
What's your assessment of Real Madrid's tour in the United States?
It hasn't finished yet, but it's going well. We worked hard and well in the first period and later the games have turned out how we wanted them to. The first fixture was against an American team that was more worried about playing well and allowing good play. The next match was more complicated, more competitive and intense, against a Mexican team. Later, we played a top level European team in a stadium that we new would bring motivation on the one hand and responsibility on the other. It was good for us and now we're going to finish by playing a team with a completely different profile that plays a British style of football. We're playing well, once again putting together the pieces of a machine that was already working well and trying to step up our intensity and confidence. We're preparing ourselves as best as possible to start well.
Many players have pointed out that this team is well established and that two years of work are paying off. Is this team really so united?
It helps when people know each other and get on well together. The players might have been together for a long time but if there's no empathy and pleasure in working together you have a bigger problem than when you're putting together a group. We all get along well, we know each other well both on a personal level and in terms of football. They know the way I work and my ideas and I know them, their great qualities and the small problems that always exist. We're excited about our third year after two in which we've gone from strength to strength and have always won a title. Last year's was more important than the one the year before. That's where we are and it's a shame that the national teams are leaving us in a complicated situation next week before the championship begins. That's the calendar. We knew about it months ago and we've tried to organise the pre-season in a balanced way so that the players can start, perhaps not all-out, but well.
Much has been said about the goal-fest against Milan and the play deployed by your team. Did José Mourinho expect Real Madrid to respond in this way at this stage in the preparation?
We played well. We won the match and I think that for the players the stadium was an additional motivating factor. The stadium was packed with fans and people that feel a special connection to the team because they don't live in Spain. Another motivating factor was the reputation of our rivals and we played all-out and prepared really well. The result is rewarding but not essential. What's essential is that we play well and we did it at a level at which we played many times last season. They are small factors that add to the confidence this team already has.
In the game against Milan, were we seeing the Real Madrid of Mourinho's third year?
I don't know. We played the first half well against a very closed team that came on with very defensive play and many players at the back. It made us think about our play. That's going to happen to us a lot with teams that are going to lock down against us. When we scored the second goal in the second half and they wanted to attack, the game profile changed. They played more offensively, leaving a lot of space for our transitions. It was a rich game in a tactical sense to train us.
There are many people that wonder why you enjoy coming to the United States so much for the pre-season. In New York, in the Yankee Stadium, we saw many reasons to do it...
The people that ask me that only do so once. The president asked me and after coming he's never asked me again. This time he came with us and we've loved having him. He's not going to ask me again why I want to come because he's going to enjoy coming back himself. With the exception of Philadelphia, where we knew what the temperature would be like, the climate is perfect for working. The organisation is perfect, the matches are good, the stadiums and the fans motivational. We promote Real Madrid in an important market, we promote football in a country where it isn't the top sport. I also think it's good for the club economically... It's also perfect for the players on the Spanish national team because they're going to stay and head from here to Costa Rica, which is much closer than if they had to return to Europe and it saves them some hours of travel. It's perfect for everyone and it's a great experience. I've been doing it for seven years and I want to continue because I like it a lot. Whoever comes never asks again.
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 07 Oct 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "I want to stay"
- 02 Oct 23:33 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Perez: "Ronaldo is a Blancos legend"
- 02 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "Contacts with Barcelona"
- 01 Oct 19:27 LEVANTE, Simao: "Ready to fight and struggle against Villarreal"
- 01 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Kovacic? He's got the qualities for becoming a champion"
- 30 Sep 06:29 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "I refused to join Porto"
- 29 Sep 18:48 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - BARCELONA FC, Rakitic: "We want to win for Leo and for our fans. Our style won't change"
- 29 Sep 17:59 REAL MADRID, 20-man squad for the match against Malmö: Bale out
- 29 Sep 13:15 CHAMPIONS, Barcelona v Leverkusen - Possible lineups: Leo Messi is irreplaceable
- 29 Sep 06:29 ATLETICO, Tiago: "I would like to end my career here"
- 24 Sep 13:39 VILLARREAL, Marcelino after Malaga accomplishment: "I'm extremely proud of my players"
- 23 Sep 08:19 BETIS, Joaquin: "Sousa didn't want to let me go"
- 22 Sep 16:00 BARCELONA FC, Medical report on Rafinha after surgery
- 22 Sep 07:00 BARCELONA, Neymar calls Coutinho
- 21 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "We don't have to pay 10 millions to De Gea"
- 19 Sep 16:00 VALENCIA v BETIS, Liga Matchday 4, Special Preview - Joaquín faces his own past
- 18 Sep 07:29 Europa League Matchday 1 aftermath - VILLARREAL, Marcelino after Austrian failure: "We were really bad during part of the game"
- 18 Sep 01:57 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - BARCELONA FC (Group E), Suarez: "No need to get upset for the outcome"
- 17 Sep 17:12 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - ZENIT (Group H), Hulk: "Important victory for us, Valencia are a great team"
- 17 Sep 00:34 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - VALENCIA (Group H), André Gomes: "We took some risks, and Zenit exploited it"
- 16 Sep 15:43 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - REAL MADRID (Group A), Ronaldo: "Proud of the scoring record reached"
- 16 Sep 15:20 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - ATLETICO MADRID (Group C), double scorer Griezmann: "We reached a good level, now we need to work and keep it"
- 16 Sep 08:19 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "I'm very happy"
- 16 Sep 02:00 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - GALATASARAY (Group C), Hamzaoglu: "Atletico are really good. Satisfied with my team's performance in the second half"
- 16 Sep 01:36 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - SHAKHTAR DONETSK (Group A), Lucescu: "Real Madrid's victory is a stolen one"
- 15 Sep 18:12 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - FC SEVILLE v BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH (Group D): Llorente searching for his first Andalusian header
- 15 Sep 16:23 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - GALATASARAY v ATLETICO MADRID (Group C): fresh start for Podolski
- 15 Sep 15:47 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - REAL MADRID v SHAKHTAR (Group A): Isco from the kick-off
- 13 Sep 10:00 ATLETICO MADRID - BARCELONA FC 1-2, Matchbox: Neymar and Messi respond to Torres
- 11 Sep 17:11 ESPANYOL v REAL MADRID, Special Preview - James Rodriguez surely out
- 11 Sep 08:29 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Ronaldo to PSG? If they pay a billion..."
- 10 Sep 17:59 BARCELONA FC, Piqué: "I was wearing Buffon shirt during Real Madrid-Juventus, last May"
- 10 Sep 08:19 REAL MADRID, Perez: "I don't think De Gea will join in January"
- 10 Sep 00:39 BARCELONA FC, Mascherano charged with tax evasion
- 09 Sep 06:00 CELTA, Nolito: "Don't want to talk about my future"
- 08 Sep 18:19 REAL MADRID, Indoor training for Modric and Kovacic
- 08 Sep 11:09 REAL MADRID, Benzema happy with Merengues
- 04 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "De Gea didn't join cause of United"
- 03 Sep 06:00 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "Happy to stay"
- 02 Sep 10:45 REAL MADRID, Official statement on De Gea's missed transfer
- 02 Sep 08:15 MALAGA, Santa Cruz: "Great to be here"
- 31 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Neymar: "I want to play in the Copa America and the Olympics"
- 30 Aug 10:30 MALAGA, Javi Garcia: "I don't understand Darder's departure"
- 27 Aug 08:19 SEVILLA, Krychowiak: "I will stay"
- 21 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Everything can happen until August 31"
- 20 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Butragueno: "The transfer market? There is still time"
- 14 Aug 08:29 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "I want Pedro to stay"
- 13 Aug 16:29 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "Pedro would be perfect for Premier"
- 13 Aug 08:19 CELTA, Nolito: "Either I'll return to Barça, or I will stay here"
- 12 Aug 15:29 BARCELONA FC, Pedro: "Leaving? It's a matter of pitch time, not money"
- 12 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "I hope Pedro will stay"
- 11 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "Llorente? We must wait"
- 10 Aug 11:50 REAL BETIS, Vargas: "Great ambition, I hope to stay for so long"
- 10 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Soon a decision about Asensio"
- 09 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "The market? In August I'm always nervous"
- 08 Aug 06:00 RAYO, Martín Presa: "Zhang's signing has not been imposed"
- 07 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I'm attached to my club"
- 06 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano's agent: "He wants to leave"
- 05 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "I want Pedro to stay"
- 04 Aug 06:00 BETIS, Mel: "No chances that Osvaldo will join us"
- 03 Aug 11:44 BARCELONA, Rakitic: "We will win when it matters"
- 03 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Garcia: "Happy of our new signings"
- 01 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Pedro will stay"
- 31 Jul 18:44 BARCELONA, Arda Turan suffers ankle sprain
- 30 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Mou? I only think about the present and the future"
- 29 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "In the future I could move abroad"
- 28 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Ramos? We'll see"
- 27 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Pepe: "I'm sure Ramos will stay"
- 25 Jul 12:30 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "I am sure that Sergio Ramos will stay"
- 24 Jul 09:30 REAL MADRID, Benzema's agent: "This year he will stay"
- 23 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Who wants Adriano must pay his clause"
- 22 Jul 06:29 BARCELONA, Suarez: "I would like Pedro to stay"
- 17 Jul 06:30 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Turan could leave"
- 13 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We have been after Immobile for a long time"
- 10 Jul 06:00 BETIS, Piccini: "Happy to be here"
- 09 Jul 06:00 BETIS, Macia: "We are interested in Pazzini"
- 08 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Pedro: "My situation is delicate"
- 07 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "This year Pogba won't join us"
- 06 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Lucas Silva: "Honored by Fiorentina's interest"
- 01 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Krychowiak: "i have no intention to leave"
- 30 Jun 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto: "I am about to join Atletico"
- 26 Jun 07:27 OM, Labrune: "We want to sell Imbula"
- 26 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Bacca"
- 25 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We like Rami, but"
- 24 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 23 Jun 06:00 VILLARREAL, Roig: "We have signed Leo Baptistao"
- 22 Jun 06:00 VILLARREAL, Marcelino: "Atletico have paid Vietto's clause"
- 21 Jun 09:30 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Contacts with Tevez, but he wants to join Boca"
- 20 Jun 06:00 VALENCIA, Otamendi: "The club knows what I want"
- 19 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Ochoa: "My agent is looking for a new club"
- 18 Jun 09:15 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Only Koke and Godin are unsellable"
- 17 Jun 06:00 BETIS, Mel: "Piccini will move back to Fiorentina"
- 16 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Mandzukic's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 15 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Coentrao: "One day I will join Benfica.."
- 14 Jun 06:30 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "Inter agreable destination"
- 13 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We are about to sign Kakuta"
- 12 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Darder: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 11 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Navas: "Only God knows if I'll stay"
- 09 Jun 18:06 BARCELONA FC, Bartomeu: "We've closed the deal for Luis Enrique to remain"
- 09 Jun 06:00 BETIS, Ollero: "We are in advanced talks with van der Vaart"
- 07 Oct 16:59 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Coutinho always more far
- 07 Oct 16:44 FIFA, Blatter slams "outrageous" condemnat
- 07 Oct 16:32 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti believes Ronaldo will end his career at the Bernabeu
- 07 Oct 16:16 ITALY/ AC MILAN, First pro deal for Junior Agnero
- 07 Oct 16:07 TURKEY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Besiktas general manager: "Gomez? Soon to sign him definitively"
- 07 Oct 16:04 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Balotelli: "Liverpool is a good club but the amazing fans"
- 07 Oct 15:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool: pro deal for Alexander-Arnold
- 07 Oct 11:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Also Valencia are battling to sign Victor Valdes
- 07 Oct 11:44 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Booking Mexes and Walace in january
- 07 Oct 11:33 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Pearson for replace Advocaat
- 07 Oct 11:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp expecting to bring his long-term assistants Buvac and Krawietz
- 07 Oct 10:52 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Nolito keen on Gunners
- 07 Oct 10:33 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho:a world record £37.5m pay-out to sack him
- 07 Oct 10:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Coutinho potential move to the Bernabeu, could stop with Klopp arrival
- 07 Oct 10:02 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, set to unveil Klopp on Friday
- 07 Oct 09:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Honda could be set for exit
- 07 Oct 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Soon we'll talk about Guardiola new deal"
- 07 Oct 06:29 MAN. CITY, Nasri: "I don't think I'll move back to France"
- 07 Oct 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "I want to stay"
- 07 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He has never asked to leave"
- 06 Oct 23:27 FRANCE/ PSG, Eyes on Pione Sisto
- 06 Oct 21:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Osorio quits Sao Paulo
- 06 Oct 20:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Amalfitano quits West Ham
- 06 Oct 20:17 POLAND/ OFFICIAL, Cherchesov is Legia new coach
- 06 Oct 19:59 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Lokeren sign Jaja Coelho
- 06 Oct 19:39 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Still keen on Biglia
- 06 Oct 19:20 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Agreement for Julio Cesar's new deal
- 06 Oct 19:04 ENGLAND, Cruyff has pop at van Gaal and Mourinho
- 06 Oct 18:44 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY, striker Diouf's mother killed in Mecca crush
- 06 Oct 18:14 ITALY/ JUVE, Nedved warns Pogba: "You can't have everything"
- 06 Oct 17:49 SPAIN Ramos out of Spain Euro 2016 squad
- 06 Oct 17:48 ENGLAND/ MILLWALL, To loan Wolves midfielder
- 06 Oct 16:58 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Insigne: "I never thought to leave"
- 06 Oct 16:39 ITALY/ INTER, Jovetic explains: "I'm obligated, like everyone else, to answer the call of my NT"
- 06 Oct 16:19 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, tracking Lille playmaker Sofiane Boufa
- 06 Oct 16:12 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Corinthians: Renewal for Marciell
- 06 Oct 15:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Martial’s mum helped to seal his move to Manchester
- 06 Oct 15:48 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Can: "Jurgen Klopp is certainly a great coach"
- 06 Oct 15:34 ITALY/ JUVE, Nedved: "We don't know when Caceres will fill up in the team again"
- 06 Oct 15:27 FRANCE/ TROYES, Could arrive Dabo
- 06 Oct 13:19 ITALY/ JUVE, Zaza's agent: "Simone wants to go on with his decision"
- 06 Oct 12:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal: Iwobi signs
- 06 Oct 12:31 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Capello on Mourinho: "He burns out his players after a year and a half"
- 06 Oct 12:15 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Nasri open to MLS move
- 06 Oct 12:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Thinking about Santacroce
- 06 Oct 11:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Tore in demand
- 06 Oct 11:13 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, 5 mlns for Lisandro Lopez
- 06 Oct 10:59 ITALY/ INTER, Gnokouri and Dimarco leaving in January
- 06 Oct 10:43 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Abramovich: "I need Mour"
- 06 Oct 10:29 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Williams deal blocked
Ac Milan striker Mario Balotelli but of Liverpool property has spoken about the English club and the change of coach.
Liverpool is a good club but the amazing fans and amazing team make it special!YNWA you guys can do it.You don't need help❤️
Sevilla and Valencia are battling to sign Manchester United goalkeeper Victor Valdes, according to the Daily Star.
The former Barcelona stopper has
Interviewed by Abc.es, Atletico Madrid forward Fernando Torres has declared: "It's not a secret, I want to stay. If the club abd I will have
Manchester City attacking midfielder Samir Nasri has told Canal+: "I am more interested in the MLS, to try something different, than into moving back
Attending pre-game press conference before Europa League Matchday 2 group round rendez-vous against Tottenham, AS Monaco veteran half-back Jeremy Toul
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has declared about the possibility to renew the contract of the first team's coach Pep Guardiola: "I