REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We're going to fight for each match"
10.08.2012 17.30 by TM W
© foto di Hernandez/Alterphotos/Image Sp
José Mourinho faces his third season leading Real Madrid. He does it "excited after two years in which this team has gone from strength to strength and has always won a title". One day shy of concluding the American tour, the White's coach reflected on the pre-season and analysed the campaign about to commence with the first fixture of la Liga against Valencia August 19 in the Santiago Bernabéu. "We're going to fight for each match and each title with all our might. You can't promise more because there are factors that you can't control. This sport is and always will be a game and games are unpredictable. I like reducing this uncertainty to an absolute minimum and having Real Madrid win many more times than not. We want to want to win titles again and return to Cibeles, which is the best end to a season you can have".
What's your assessment of Real Madrid's tour in the United States?
It hasn't finished yet, but it's going well. We worked hard and well in the first period and later the games have turned out how we wanted them to. The first fixture was against an American team that was more worried about playing well and allowing good play. The next match was more complicated, more competitive and intense, against a Mexican team. Later, we played a top level European team in a stadium that we new would bring motivation on the one hand and responsibility on the other. It was good for us and now we're going to finish by playing a team with a completely different profile that plays a British style of football. We're playing well, once again putting together the pieces of a machine that was already working well and trying to step up our intensity and confidence. We're preparing ourselves as best as possible to start well.
Many players have pointed out that this team is well established and that two years of work are paying off. Is this team really so united?
It helps when people know each other and get on well together. The players might have been together for a long time but if there's no empathy and pleasure in working together you have a bigger problem than when you're putting together a group. We all get along well, we know each other well both on a personal level and in terms of football. They know the way I work and my ideas and I know them, their great qualities and the small problems that always exist. We're excited about our third year after two in which we've gone from strength to strength and have always won a title. Last year's was more important than the one the year before. That's where we are and it's a shame that the national teams are leaving us in a complicated situation next week before the championship begins. That's the calendar. We knew about it months ago and we've tried to organise the pre-season in a balanced way so that the players can start, perhaps not all-out, but well.
Much has been said about the goal-fest against Milan and the play deployed by your team. Did José Mourinho expect Real Madrid to respond in this way at this stage in the preparation?
We played well. We won the match and I think that for the players the stadium was an additional motivating factor. The stadium was packed with fans and people that feel a special connection to the team because they don't live in Spain. Another motivating factor was the reputation of our rivals and we played all-out and prepared really well. The result is rewarding but not essential. What's essential is that we play well and we did it at a level at which we played many times last season. They are small factors that add to the confidence this team already has.
In the game against Milan, were we seeing the Real Madrid of Mourinho's third year?
I don't know. We played the first half well against a very closed team that came on with very defensive play and many players at the back. It made us think about our play. That's going to happen to us a lot with teams that are going to lock down against us. When we scored the second goal in the second half and they wanted to attack, the game profile changed. They played more offensively, leaving a lot of space for our transitions. It was a rich game in a tactical sense to train us.
There are many people that wonder why you enjoy coming to the United States so much for the pre-season. In New York, in the Yankee Stadium, we saw many reasons to do it...
The people that ask me that only do so once. The president asked me and after coming he's never asked me again. This time he came with us and we've loved having him. He's not going to ask me again why I want to come because he's going to enjoy coming back himself. With the exception of Philadelphia, where we knew what the temperature would be like, the climate is perfect for working. The organisation is perfect, the matches are good, the stadiums and the fans motivational. We promote Real Madrid in an important market, we promote football in a country where it isn't the top sport. I also think it's good for the club economically... It's also perfect for the players on the Spanish national team because they're going to stay and head from here to Costa Rica, which is much closer than if they had to return to Europe and it saves them some hours of travel. It's perfect for everyone and it's a great experience. I've been doing it for seven years and I want to continue because I like it a lot. Whoever comes never asks again.
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 28 Sep 12:47 OFFICIAL - SEVILLE: Iborra extends until 2020
- 27 Sep 14:44 VALENCIA - 5 names for managing position
- 27 Sep 11:49 ATLETICO MADRID, Gameiro: "Simeone told me he wanted another striker"
- 27 Sep 10:33 ATLETICO MADRID, Griezmann praises his manager Simeone
- 26 Sep 22:28 BARCELONA - Pique could be tempted by a move to the MLS
- 26 Sep 16:15 BARCELONA FC - 20 players called up for CL clash against 'Gladbach
- 25 Sep 21:29 ATLETICO MADRID - Augusto will undergo surgery, out seven months
- 25 Sep 13:46 Liga/ LEGANES v VALENCIA 1-2 FT
- 24 Sep 21:42 LIGA/ USD LAS PALMAS 2 VS 2 REAL MADRID
- 24 Sep 20:57 MALAGA, Al-Thani: "I fully trust Juande RAMOS"
- 24 Sep 11:32 REAL MADRID - Marcelo misses LAS PALMAS clash due to calf strain
- 23 Sep 13:06 Zidane : "Barcelona will miss Messi"
- 23 Sep 09:03 SPORTING GIJON - Douglas Pereira gets injured resting on the team bus
- 22 Sep 22:32 LIGA/ La Liga Results FT
- 22 Sep 12:03 BARCELONA - Iniesta: "We deserved to win with ATLETICO"
- 22 Sep 09:22 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "We did enough to win the game"
- 22 Sep 08:31 ATLETICO, Simeone: "In the second half we played the game we wanted"
- 20 Sep 17:22 BARCA-Umtiti out of Atletico clash
- 20 Sep 17:13 Luis Enrique-"Barca have to beat Atleti to win La Liga"
- 18 Sep 20:47 Liga/ Espanyol 0 vs 1 Real Madrid HT
- 18 Sep 19:46 Liga/Espanyol vs Real Madrid; starting line up
- 18 Sep 13:03 LIGA/ OSASUNA 0-0 CELTA VIGO - FT
- 18 Sep 11:17 VALENCIA - Garay injured, out 2-3 weeks
- 17 Sep 20:35 Diego Simeone : Griezmann deserves Balon D'or
- 17 Sep 17:00 LIGA BBVA/ ATLETICO MADRID 5-0 SPORTING GIJON - FT
- 17 Sep 14:51 LIGA - LLEGANES 1-5 BARCELONA - Full Time
- 17 Sep 09:59 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: "I am here because I want to be here"
- 16 Sep 16:30 OFFICIAL - Young goalie Domenech extends for VALENCIA
- 16 Sep 12:16 BARCELONA - Umtiti: "I like to play against Messi, Neymar and Suarez in training"
- 15 Sep 12:00 BARCELONA -Neymar transfer to Blaugrana investigated
- 14 Sep 16:23 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Granada target Kevin-Prince BOATENG
- 13 Sep 16:15 OFFICIAL - Roberto ROSALES extends for MALAGA
- 12 Sep 15:45 OFFICIAL - Alvarez and Yesga signed on first pro contract by ATHLETIC BILBAO
- 11 Sep 14:29 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "I should be offered a ten-year deal"
- 09 Sep 16:00 REAL MADRID, Sergio Ramos celebrates 11 Blancos years: "My presentation jersey is still with me, at home"
- 08 Sep 16:30 BARCELONA FC, Alcacer's first conference: "Improving will be easier, due to such champions being here"
- 08 Sep 14:15 REAL MADRID, CR7: "I'm fine"
- 08 Sep 08:05 VALENCIA, Munir: "We will achieve qualification to Champions League"
- 07 Sep 19:45 REAL MADRID, Bale: "We are aiming to Liga. Wales? We want to keep on making history"
- 07 Sep 16:15 REAL BETIS - Veteran RUBEN CASTRO about to extend
- 07 Sep 15:15 BARCELONA FC - MESSI back training with squad
- 06 Sep 20:13 CELTA VIGO star Orellana out for 4 weeks
- 06 Sep 19:31 SEVILLE signing Nasri could miss next game
- 06 Sep 15:00 REAL MADRID - Figo: "Ronaldo could join Barcelona"
- 06 Sep 14:47 BARCELONA - Arroyo: "Being in the United States will help to obtain new sources"
- 06 Sep 13:33 SEVILLA - President Castro about Navas: "This year no interest or negotiation"
- 06 Sep 10:49 REAL MADRID not sure on extending Pepe's deal: it expires in June 2017
- 05 Sep 21:29 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I am pleased Mahrez decided to stay at Leicester"
- 05 Sep 19:04 VALENCIA - Nani: "I wanted to play in La Liga: a big chance for me"
- 05 Sep 09:19 BARCELONA star Alba believes Alcacer is a 'great signing'
- 04 Sep 15:50 REAL MADRID stas Bale and Kroos offered a new contract
- 03 Sep 18:31 MALAGA star Camacho happy to stay despite WEST BROM interest
- 03 Sep 12:30 GRANADA - Angulo fails doping test after a game played on 20 July with former team
- 02 Sep 16:03 REAL MADRID - No serious injury for MORATA, he will stay with SPAIN
- 01 Sep 19:39 OFFICIAL - Diego REYES joins ESPANYOL
- 31 Aug 14:40 OFFICIAL - GRANADA sign Israeli winger ATZILI
- 30 Aug 23:41 OFFICIAL - KRAVETS joins GRANADA
- 30 Aug 20:46 OFFICIAL - Borja VIGUERA joins Sporting GIJON
- 28 Aug 09:30 ATLETICO MADRID - Simeone: "We must work hard to look what we're looking for"
- 26 Aug 18:31 OFFICIAL - Barça loan DOUGLAS to Sporting Gijón
- 25 Aug 18:15 David LOPEZ about to join ESPANYOL back: numbers on the trade
- 24 Aug 14:16 REAL MADRID - Bale: "I'll never forget this year"
- 22 Aug 21:00 OFFICIAL - Nicolas Pareja extends for SEVILLE
- 19 Aug 07:36 OFFICIAL - SPORTING GIJON extend Abelardo Fernandez's deal until 2020
- 17 Aug 18:31 OFFICIAL - GRANADA loan Leganés Venezuelan striker Machís
- 17 Aug 15:03 REAL MADRID - Zidane: "James will be staying here, I'm happy with him"
- 17 Aug 09:03 OFFICIAL - VALENCIA sign Mario Suarez
- 16 Aug 21:00 FC SEVILLE - New long-term contract offered to VITOLO
- 14 Aug 21:51 REAL MADRID youngster Odegaard set for loan move to RENNES
- 14 Aug 15:50 REAL MADRID star Ronaldo set to extend contract
- 12 Aug 11:33 VILLARREAL to bid for MILAN striker Matri after Soldado's injury
- 11 Aug 17:27 OFFICIAL - Fran Escribá is the new VILLARREAL manager
- 10 Aug 22:45 BREAKING NEWS - OFFICIAL - VILLAREAL sack Marcelino
- 10 Aug 21:27 OFFICIAL - Demichelis joins ESPANYOL
- 10 Aug 13:20 CELTA VIGO to sign Diego Lopez on a free transfer
- 10 Aug 08:42 BAYER LEVERKUSEN - Chicharito Hernandez: "My future? Never say never"
- 09 Aug 16:16 SEVILLA - Sampaoli relishes Super Cup debut against Real (video)
- 07 Aug 12:19 OFFICIAL - VILLAREAL sign Sansone
- 06 Aug 14:54 REAL MADRID to let Isco leave this summer
- 05 Aug 19:00 REAL MADRID - ZIDANE's salary will be doubled
- 04 Aug 12:44 VIDEO - REAL MADRID - Zidane: "There will never be another Cristiano"
- 03 Aug 16:22 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We are in talks with a Premier League club for LLORENTE". SWANSEA ready to sign him
- 03 Aug 12:30 REAL MADRID - Zidane wants James Rodriguez to stay
- 01 Aug 20:02 SEVILLA - Chus Llorente: "Fernando will continue at Sevilla"
- 28 Jul 13:16 BARCELONA - El Haddadi is wanted by Real Sociedad
- 28 Jul 10:00 BARCELONA target Perez
- 27 Jul 20:01 BARCELONA - Gomes: "I hope to enjoy and win many titles"
- 27 Jul 15:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu about André Gomes: "Very happy to have you with us"
- 27 Jul 11:00 BARCELONA - The presentation of André Gomes
- 26 Jul 19:00 BARCELONA, Munir: "I'd like to play a little 'more this year"
- 26 Jul 18:00 SIVIGLIA - Kevin Gameiro wants Atletico Madrid
- 25 Jul 18:06 VILLARREAL sign Jose Angel
- 25 Jul 17:07 VILLARREAL sign Andres Fernandez
- 25 Jul 16:06 ATLETICO MADRID - Cerezo: "Vietto is an Atletico player "
- 21 Jul 15:35 BARCELONA - Luis Enrique: "I want a quick number 9, a top scorer"
- 21 Jul 14:44 REAL MADRID - Morata: "Incredible to be here again. I can't wait to get started"
- 21 Jul 12:00 REAL MADRID train in Montreal
- 20 Jul 16:02 BARCELLONA - Adriano joins pre-season, but Tello doesn't
- 20 Jul 11:00 REAL MADRID - Kovacic to leave on loan
- 19 Jul 17:33 BARCELONA close to signing Sergi Samper
- 28 Sep 22:31 ATLETICO MADRID, Carrasco: "I've been lucky tonight"
- 28 Sep 22:27 BREAKING NEWS - Prandelli agrees two-year deal at VALENCIA
- 28 Sep 22:12 BAYERN MUNCHEN, Robben: "We'll learn from this defeat"
- 28 Sep 22:08 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We showed great quality of football"
- 28 Sep 21:55 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FULL TIME SCORES
- 28 Sep 20:34 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HALF TIME SCORES
- 28 Sep 20:00 HULL CITY - Kuciak might leave in January
- 28 Sep 19:45 WOLFSBURG - Ascues might be loaned back to Alianza Lima
- 28 Sep 19:42 UCL/ LUDOGORETS v PSG, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:39 UCL/ FC ROSTOV v PSV EINDHOVEN, Official Line-Ups
- 28 Sep 19:35 UCL/ BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH v BARCELONA, Alcacer replaces Messi
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 19:30 UCL/ ARSENAL v BASEL, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:26 UCL/ NAPOLI v BENFICA, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:24 UCL/ BESIKTAS v DYNAMO KIEV, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:21 UCL/ CELTIC v MAN CITY, Official Line Ups, Kolarov plays as centre-back
- 28 Sep 19:15 Mino RAIOLA wants PSG to sign Bruno DIP
- 28 Sep 19:14 UCL/ ATLETICO MADRID v BAYERN MUNICH, Official Line Ups, Torres starts
- 28 Sep 19:00 LIVERPOOL - 4 winter suitors for STURRIDGE
- 28 Sep 18:45 BARCELONA still aiming for DEMBELE
- 28 Sep 18:30 ARSENAL will having DEFREL scouted tomorrow
- 28 Sep 18:15 THIAGO SILVA puzzled about staying put at PSG
- 28 Sep 18:00 HOFFENHEIM - Süle scouted by 3 Premier League top clubs: ARSENAL, EVERTON & Spurs
- 28 Sep 17:45 LIVERPOOL - Klopp not giving up on BIGLIA
- 28 Sep 17:30 JUVENTUS scouting LINDELOF tonight at Napoli stadium
- 28 Sep 17:15 SCHALKE 04 - Doubts on buying BENTALEB back from Spurs
- 28 Sep 17:00 Yuya OSAKO wants to extend for FC KOLN
- 28 Sep 16:45 TORINO willing to sign HART on a full basis from Man. City
- 28 Sep 16:30 WATFORD - Kabasele tempted to switch to twin club UDINESE
- 28 Sep 16:15 BARCELONA FC standing in JUVENTUS' way on DYBALA renewal talks
- 28 Sep 16:00 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL - Viborg FF sign GORTER
- 28 Sep 15:45 BURNLEY, Keane: "Premier League top clubs wanting me? It's flattering"
- 28 Sep 15:30 SOUTHAMPTON - José FONTE in new contract talks
- 28 Sep 15:15 ARSENAL v FC BASEL, Preview - Wenger: "They won't fear us, they are used to Champions League"
- 28 Sep 15:00 Djibril CISSE might join AUXERRE back
- 28 Sep 14:45 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL - BARNETTA will join St. Gallen back in 2017
- 28 Sep 14:30 OFFICIAL - Pilkington extends for CARDIFF CITY until 2019
- 28 Sep 14:15 NAPOLI - Deal extension talks with MERTENS ongoing
- 28 Sep 14:03 MAN UNITED target SPORTING LISBON Gelson Martins
- 28 Sep 13:48 MONACO -SOUTHAMPTON join MAN UNITED and MILAN in the race to Bakayoko
- 28 Sep 13:33 MILAN set to extend wonderkid Donnarumma's contract by the end of February
- 28 Sep 13:14 ARSENAL - Mesut Ozil set to extend his contract and take number 10
- 28 Sep 13:02 BORUSSIA DORTMUND rejected €60m offer from ARSENAL for Aubameyang last summer
- 28 Sep 12:47 OFFICIAL - SEVILLE: Iborra extends until 2020
- 28 Sep 12:34 BREAKING NEWS - PRANDELLI about to become new VALENCIA manager
- 28 Sep 12:24 OFFICIAL - GRANADA: Paco Jemez sacked after only three months
- 28 Sep 12:17 OFFICIAL - METZ, Sido cancels his contract
- 28 Sep 12:07 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "The performance was good, I am delighted"
- 28 Sep 11:47 LEICESTER, Ranieri: "It was important to score and defend well"
- 28 Sep 11:33 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The attitude was spotted on"
Not satisfied with the position in the team designed for him by Tigers manager Mike Phelan, former Slovakian international goalkeeper Dusan Kuciak (31), according to Sky Sports UK, has made Hull City top brass know he's tempted to leave in winter, if any offer comes for him.
According to latest Italian local news, Lazio chief executive Igli Tare is having Austrian-Croatian winger/half-forward Robert Zulj (24) scouted, and
Seville midfielder Vicente Iborra signed a new contract until 30 June 2020: the club announced it with an official statement on their website.
Bound to a trainee contract to São Paulo for the time being, Brazilian 18-year old full-back/defensive midfielder Bruno Dip, managed by co
Not capable of establishing himself as an important player for Wolfsburg, Peruvian international centre-back Carlos Ascues (24), according to Peruvian