ARSENAL, Henderson: "Loan move would be good for me"
22.08.2012 14.00 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Conor Henderson is eager to prove his fitness for Arsenal Under-21s over the coming weeks - with the prospect of a loan move on the agenda.
The midfielder endured a difficult 2011/12 campaign, missing eight months with a cruciate knee ligament injury before sustaining another minor knee problem soon after his comeback.
But the 20-year-old enjoyed a fruitful pre-season and scored twice for the under-21s in their 3-1 victory over Bolton at Emirates Stadium on Monday night.
“It was frustrating last year because obviously I got injured in pre-season with the first team, and that took eight months to come back from,” Henderson told Arsenal.com.
“Then I returned and played a few times for the reserves, before tweaking my cartilage in training and that ruled me out for the rest of the season.
“I only started playing again this pre-season. I had a few Arsenal XI games, and now I feel like I am getting back to full fitness.”
Henderson worked tirelessly throughout the summer to consign his injury problems to the past, and he is optimistic about what the new season may hold for him.
“I had a few weeks off, but I was basically in throughout the summer making sure my knee was right and I was on schedule for my comeback,” he said. “I knew as soon as I came back for pre-season that I didn't want to rush things.
“It is important for me to get games this season. I think the plan for me now is to go out on loan, get some first-team experience and see where I go from there.
“A few clubs are asking about me but I think they want to see I am match fit before they take me, so hopefully I can have a few more games for the under-21s and do that.”
Other news Premier League (England)
- 17 Sep 15:15 ARSENAL, Bellerin: "Debuting in Champions League has been a dream for me"
- 17 Sep 06:19 QPR, Vargas: "I want to remain in England"
- 16 Sep 16:00 BORUSSIA DORTMUND v ARSENAL, Preview - Wilshere: "Always good games against them, fantastic even without Reus. We aim to get first in the group"
- 16 Sep 14:00 BORUSSIA DORTMUND v ARSENAL, Preview - Mertesacker: "Intense game against City. Dortmund will put pressure on us"
- 16 Sep 11:17 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Signing Fabregas has been easy"
- 16 Sep 10:39 ARSENAL, Flamini: "Sad for Debuchy's injury. We could have won against City"
- 16 Sep 06:19 MAN. CITY, Demichelis: "I would like to renew"
- 15 Sep 11:45 ARSENAL, Wenger on Wilshere: "With a talent like his, he just needs to show how good he is"
- 15 Sep 07:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal on 4-0 over QPR: "Great impact of all the new players, not only Di Maria"
- 15 Sep 00:00 ARSENAL, Ramsey: "We are obviously disappointed for the draw against City"
- 14 Sep 21:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "I am getting fitter and fitter, my goal was a tight angle. Fantastic debut from Welbeck"
- 14 Sep 19:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Welbeck's debut: "He needs to fully integrate, but I'm satisfied"
- 14 Sep 16:00 ARSENAL, Arteta: "Sanchez is working hard, and he's already important for us"
- 14 Sep 10:00 ARSENAL, Wenger comments 2-2 against City: "Not an easy game to referee. Wilshere is getting to top back"
- 14 Sep 00:30 ARSENAL, Wenger faces the umpteenth injury: "Debuchy's ankle doesn't look good"
- 13 Sep 18:30 ARSENAL v MANCHESTER CITY 2-2 - Official matchbox: Demichelis saves the day for Citizens
- 12 Sep 16:30 ARSENAL, Wenger against homophobia: "Sports should be ahead of society. Fighting against any kind of discrimination is very important"
- 12 Sep 13:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Duel to Chelsea on tracking Alcacer
- 12 Sep 06:19 SUNDERLAND, Poyet: "I'm unhappy with our transfer market"
- 11 Sep 22:00 ARSENAL, Walcott: "Now we have the right amount of fast and technical players"
- 11 Sep 21:15 ARSENAL, Walcott: "Happy to have Welbeck in Gunners' family. He'll fit better here than in United"
- 11 Sep 19:00 ARSENAL v MANCHESTER CITY, Preview - Wenger: "Big pressure on us, we must show we improved from last year"
- 11 Sep 17:43 ARSENAL v MANCHESTER CITY, Preview - Cazorla: "I hope Arteta joins back for the game. He's born to be captain"
- 11 Sep 17:26 MANCHESTER CITY, Zabaleta could face Gunners
- 11 Sep 15:45 ARSENAL, Ozil: "Proud of my assist record and the manager's praises"
- 11 Sep 15:00 ARSENAL v MANCHESTER CITY, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Ozil is ok, Ramsey has little chances"
- 11 Sep 12:26 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ramsey could be fit to face City
- 11 Sep 06:19 ARSENAL, Campbell's agent: "Fiorentina were interested"
- 10 Sep 17:00 ARSENAL, Monreal: "Chambers is a surprise for me. I'm happy I'm playing on a regular basis"
- 10 Sep 14:15 ARSENAL, Koscielny on Giroud's long-term injury: "Bad loss for us, but we need to come out stronger and be with him"
- 10 Sep 11:59 ARSENAL, Walcott: "I hope to come back stronger and quicker"
- 09 Sep 19:00 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "My future could be complicated"
- 09 Sep 13:15 ARSENAL, Campbell on Cazorla: "His technique left me astonished"
- 09 Sep 10:45 MANCHESTER UNITED, Mata: "Falcao is not just a player, he's a fantastic striker and scorer"
- 09 Sep 09:15 ARSENAL, Welbeck on NT: "We won as a team against Switzerland"
- 09 Sep 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Borini: "I am happy here"
- 09 Sep 02:30 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "If someone had told me I would have played for Blues and Mourinho, I wouldn't have believed it"
- 08 Sep 19:00 ARSENAL, Sanogo on troubles with supporters: "My first goal will throw troubles away"
- 08 Sep 16:30 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Ospina is a nice guy and a good goalie, but I don't feel sorry for him being my reserve"
- 08 Sep 11:31 ARSENAL, Campbell: "World Cup has been my best experience, we showed we can compete anyone"
- 08 Sep 06:59 MAN. CITY, Kompany: "This club is investing in the right places"
- 07 Sep 09:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rojo: "Being here and share the room with such stars is a dream"
- 06 Sep 21:00 LIVERPOOL, José Enrique: "I really want to help Alberto Moreno"
- 06 Sep 09:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Falcao: "Hard times made me what I am"
- 06 Sep 00:41 MANCHESTER UNITED, Scholes: "We should not have sold Welbeck to Arsenal"
- 05 Sep 23:00 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Tiki-taka is not dead"
- 05 Sep 22:00 ARSENAL, Ozil about World Cup: "When I had the trophy in my hands, there were lots of emotions"
- 04 Sep 16:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere on Calum Chambers: "He'll become a major NT player soon, he's so confident"
- 04 Sep 10:59 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "Not happy with latest game, now we need to regroup"
- 04 Sep 08:59 CHELSEA, Remy introduces himself: "We can win Champions League. Mourinho knows how to get the best from players"
- 04 Sep 00:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "We were unlucky in World Cup"
- 03 Sep 07:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Falcao: "I am in the bigger club in the world"
- 03 Sep 00:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney: "Falcao? A fantastic signing. I'm honoured for having become England's captain"
- 02 Sep 19:48 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal: "Falcao is one of the best scorers around"
- 02 Sep 16:29 ARSENAL, Good luck to Krisolsson on Twitter
- 01 Sep 01:16 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Remy excited to work with Mourinho
- 31 Aug 02:00 LEICESTER CITY v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "They have been impressive against Everton and Chelsea"
- 30 Aug 20:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Ozil: "Everything he does is intelligent, he's got perfect timing"
- 30 Aug 14:00 LEICESTER CITY v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Arteta and Gibbs won't be in the game"
- 30 Aug 09:00 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "Winning FA Cup got us hungrier for trophies"
- 30 Aug 01:03 EVERTON, Martinez happy with Europa League draw
- 29 Aug 17:48 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain on Sanchez: "Unbelievable game of his against Besiktas"
- 29 Aug 14:24 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Chambers surprised me. Sanchez's winning mentality will help us a lot"
- 29 Aug 12:45 MANCHESTER CITY, Sagna: "We want to win everything"
- 29 Aug 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Some players may leave"
- 28 Aug 16:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere on Sanchez's victory goal against Besiktas: "Alexis needed to score his first goal as a Gunner"
- 28 Aug 11:44 ARSENAL, Official medical report on Giroud: 4 months' stop
- 28 Aug 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We don't have to replace Giroud"
- 27 Aug 15:48 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Giroud's one can be a long-term injury"
- 27 Aug 14:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Our experience will help us against Besiktas. A crucial game, more on the sport side than financially"
- 27 Aug 12:45 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal: "I chose Di Maria as I did with Robben in Bayern. He'll need to fit into the philosophy of our club"
- 27 Aug 06:19 MAN. UTD, Di Maria: "I didn't want to leave Real"
- 26 Aug 12:52 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Carra worried about Reds' defence
- 26 Aug 11:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers on Balotelli: "Of course it's a risk, but he is a big talent"
- 26 Aug 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Balotelli: "I'm in a great team"
- 25 Aug 13:36 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "We learnt from last year's defeat suffered from Everton"
- 25 Aug 11:45 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Losing against Everton would have been disappointing. We showed a great attitude"
- 25 Aug 06:19 SUNDERLAND, Poyet: "Soon an answer about Borini"
- 24 Aug 09:59 QPR, Redknapp: "We want to keep Rémy"
- 24 Aug 00:00 ARSENAL, Ramsey: "We'll be more careful than last year against Everton"
- 23 Aug 20:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Last year we left the game in Everton's hands. Never had a Premier League so tight"
- 23 Aug 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Lucas Leiva: "Napoli? Never say never"
- 22 Aug 06:19 WEST BROMWICH, Irvine: "We are in taks with Samaras"
- 21 Aug 13:12 ARSENAL, Chambers: "I'm working my way here, thanks to everyone's help"
- 21 Aug 08:30 HULL CITY, Bruce: "We are interested in Aboubakar"
- 20 Aug 14:28 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Chambers has adapted quickly"
- 20 Aug 11:37 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Besiktas could have won the game"
- 20 Aug 06:19 CHELSEA, Schurrle: "I am happy here"
- 19 Aug 20:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Beating a Turkish team away from home is very difficult"
- 19 Aug 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I would like Cech to stay"
- 18 Aug 06:29 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Don't know anything about Atletico"
- 17 Aug 09:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Arteta will extend his contract"
- 15 Aug 06:29 MAN. CITY, Dzeko: "I am in talks about a new deal"
- 14 Aug 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We are not interested in Benatia"
- 13 Aug 06:19 EVERTON, Martinez: "Atsu is about to join"
- 12 Aug 17:29 Former Tottenham chairman Lord Sugar thinks Arsenal can win title
- 12 Aug 12:36 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Playing with Sanchez is easy, we'll be stronger this season"
- 12 Aug 06:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Taarabt is not going to go cheap"
- 11 Aug 15:59 ARSENAL, Flamini: "Ready for title challenge"
- 11 Aug 06:15 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We need a winger"
- 17 Sep 15:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Suggestion for McCarthy
- 17 Sep 15:15 ARSENAL, Bellerin: "Debuting in Champions League has been a dream for me"
- 17 Sep 15:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Back for Baselli
- 17 Sep 14:45 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, Renewal offers to Trapp and Zambrano
- 17 Sep 14:30 ARSENAL & MANCHESTER UNITED, Back for Luiz Gustavo in winter
- 17 Sep 14:15 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Back for Streller in January
- 17 Sep 13:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Oldham: Mellor Departs On Loan
- 17 Sep 13:47 FRANCE/ PSG, New plan for blazing United on Strootman
- 17 Sep 13:41 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello
- 17 Sep 13:30 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Winger Gutierrez reveals testicular cancer
- 17 Sep 13:22 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Doubts about Ter Stegen
- 17 Sep 13:12 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Balotelli: "We work for the future"
- 17 Sep 12:59 GREECE/ OLYMPIACOS, Michel: "We forced Atlético out of their comfort zone"
- 17 Sep 12:40 ITALY/ JUVE, Tevez: "I'm really happy with the goals"
- 17 Sep 12:30 ITALY/ JUVE, Allegri: "Tévez is an important player, important to the whole team"
- 17 Sep 12:21 REAL MADRID,Modric: "We need to build on this and continue to grow"
- 17 Sep 12:12 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I don't think that we're at the level that we were at last year as of yet"
- 17 Sep 12:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Abramovich weighs up a lifelong renewal for Mourinho
- 17 Sep 11:40 ITALY/ GENOA, Willing to purchase Edenilson from Udinese
- 17 Sep 11:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger defends misfiring Welbeck
- 17 Sep 10:57 Tim Wiese might become a WWE wrestler: "I received an official request. I'm not scared!"
- 17 Sep 10:29 GERMANY/ SC PADERBORN, Price is set on Kachunga
- 17 Sep 09:59 INDIA/ CHENNAI TITANS, Materazzi wants Mutu in
- 17 Sep 09:30 GERMANY/ SC FREIBURG, Eyes on Mvogo
- 17 Sep 09:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Soon Parejo's renewal
- 17 Sep 08:45 RUSSIA/ CSKA, Eremenko could have moved to Italy
- 17 Sep 08:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Soon new contacts for Caceres' contract
- 17 Sep 08:15 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Still keen on Lavezzi
- 17 Sep 08:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Cuadrado about to renew
- 17 Sep 07:40 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Working for Alcacer's renewal
- 17 Sep 07:17 ITALY/ LAZIO, Radu injured
- 17 Sep 06:57 OM, Thauvin: "Inter have asked for me"
- 17 Sep 06:39 WOLFSBURG, Luiz Gustavo: "My future is here"
- 17 Sep 06:19 QPR, Vargas: "I want to remain in England"
- 17 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I want to end my career here"
- 17 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "Soon a meeting for my new contract"
- 16 Sep 23:40 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Internacional sign Nilmar
- 16 Sep 23:17 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Zivkovic renews with Ajax
- 16 Sep 22:57 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Damião has refused to join AC Milan
- 16 Sep 22:39 ITALY/ LAZIO, Candreva about to renew
- 16 Sep 22:19 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Deulofeu doesn't want to come back
- 16 Sep 22:00 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, In talks for Regini's new deal
- 16 Sep 21:40 AUSTRALIA/ OFFICIAL, Melbourne sign Paartalu
- 16 Sep 21:17 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Gabigol about to renew
- 16 Sep 20:57 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL, Fink unlikely to join
- 16 Sep 20:39 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Kimmich could come back
- 16 Sep 20:19 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Van Basten is no longer AZ's coach
- 16 Sep 20:00 INDIA/ OFFICIAL, Notrth East sign Koke
- 16 Sep 19:40 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hamburg fire Slomka
- 16 Sep 19:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Chance for Sneijder
Arsenal youngster right backwing Hector Bellerin talked about his Champions League debut in an enthusiastic way, though resulting in a defeat against Borussia Dortmund: “They came with so much tempo at the start with their quick players up front. We tried to start the game
Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello training centre today, three days before the big match between Milan and Juv
Luka Modrić acknowledged the dismantling of FC Basel 1893 will give Real Madrid CF confidence after their domestic struggles, although Carlo Ance
Arsenal youngster right backwing Hector Bellerin talked about his Champions League debut in an enthusiastic way, though resulting in a defeat against
OM forward Florian Thauvin has declared: "The president have had some contacts with Inter, but I don't know what has really happens. Things w
Interviewed by Bild, former Hoffenheim, Werder Bremen, Kaiserslautern and German NT goalkeeper Tim Wiese (32) displayed a shocking revelation: "I