ARSENAL, Henderson: "Loan move would be good for me"
22.08.2012 14.00 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Conor Henderson is eager to prove his fitness for Arsenal Under-21s over the coming weeks - with the prospect of a loan move on the agenda.
The midfielder endured a difficult 2011/12 campaign, missing eight months with a cruciate knee ligament injury before sustaining another minor knee problem soon after his comeback.
But the 20-year-old enjoyed a fruitful pre-season and scored twice for the under-21s in their 3-1 victory over Bolton at Emirates Stadium on Monday night.
“It was frustrating last year because obviously I got injured in pre-season with the first team, and that took eight months to come back from,” Henderson told Arsenal.com.
“Then I returned and played a few times for the reserves, before tweaking my cartilage in training and that ruled me out for the rest of the season.
“I only started playing again this pre-season. I had a few Arsenal XI games, and now I feel like I am getting back to full fitness.”
Henderson worked tirelessly throughout the summer to consign his injury problems to the past, and he is optimistic about what the new season may hold for him.
“I had a few weeks off, but I was basically in throughout the summer making sure my knee was right and I was on schedule for my comeback,” he said. “I knew as soon as I came back for pre-season that I didn't want to rush things.
“It is important for me to get games this season. I think the plan for me now is to go out on loan, get some first-team experience and see where I go from there.
“A few clubs are asking about me but I think they want to see I am match fit before they take me, so hopefully I can have a few more games for the under-21s and do that.”
Other news Premier League (England)
- 27 Mar 06:19 EVERTON, Lennon: "I'm not in talks for a long-term deal"
- 26 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Adam: "I am ready to renew"
- 25 Mar 14:12 GERMANY, Low insists on Ozil landing to Berlin with Arsenal boss Wenger's permission
- 25 Mar 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to play with Vertonghen again"
- 24 Mar 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "We don't want to lose Lukaku"
- 23 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Lampard: "Too early to talk of firing Pellegrini"
- 22 Mar 10:59 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I've been in talks with Liverpool in the past"
- 19 Mar 20:16 ARSENAL, Ozil staying with Gunners
- 19 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "Inter? Never say never"
- 18 Mar 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger on Champions League last-16 exit
- 17 Mar 18:13 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "Little details could be key"
- 17 Mar 16:30 MAN UTD, Smalling: "We want Champions back here at Old Trafford"
- 17 Mar 16:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Carrick to target second place
- 17 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Allen: "Good signs regarding my new deal"
- 16 Mar 13:07 ARSENAL, Giroud: "I'll answer critics against Monaco"
- 16 Mar 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Di Maria is happy here"
- 15 Mar 10:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "No hurry for Sterling's new deal"
- 14 Mar 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to stay"
- 13 Mar 06:19 STOKE CITY, Bregovic: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 12 Mar 14:45 MANCHESTER CITY, Demichelis after renewal: "I'll keep fighting and trying to win titles for City"
- 12 Mar 06:29 QPR, Ferdinand: "We would like to keep Austin, but.."
- 11 Mar 11:30 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Loan star Radamel Falcao fails to shine for U21s
- 11 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Milner must make a decision"
- 10 Mar 13:00 ARSENAL, Monreal: "I was so pleased with my goal"
- 10 Mar 06:30 LIVERPOOL, Johnson: "I would like to move abroad"
- 09 Mar 09:48 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Monday's result will affect Premier League run in"
- 09 Mar 06:29 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "Nothing sure about my future"
- 08 Mar 09:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 07 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers turns out transfer rumors
- 05 Mar 20:15 ARSENAL, Gilberto Silva: "Alexis is a killer in front of goal"
- 05 Mar 18:14 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Reid: "Happy for my renewal"
- 04 Mar 12:43 ARSENAL, To boast three billionaires listed on Forbes
- 04 Mar 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "We are not interested in Bacca"
- 03 Mar 06:19 CHELSEA, Terry: "I hope to remain for a few more years"
- 02 Mar 22:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain on Giroud: "Oli is always there for scoring, that's just what we need"
- 02 Mar 20:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney on Di Maria: "He's talented, hopefully he'll start giving great performances for us as well"
- 02 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Yaya Touré is happy here"
- 01 Mar 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Forever in England"
- 28 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Bellerěn: "It's gonna be hard. We'll need to prove CL night was an accident"
- 28 Feb 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I am happy here"
- 27 Feb 17:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere will have surgery"
- 27 Feb 15:30 ARSENAL, Henry: "Training Gunners is a dream of mine"
- 27 Feb 13:30 TOTTENHAM, Chadli: "Now let's put disappointment away and make our best for Capital One Cup"
- 27 Feb 13:17 EVERTON, Europa League pairing with Dynamo Kyiv
- 27 Feb 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker after Emirates fiasco: "We'll need a wonderful night in Monaco"
- 27 Feb 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers after Besiktas EL failure: "We are disappointed for how much we put into the game"
- 26 Feb 07:00 ARSENAL, Wenger comments upon AS Monaco fiasco: "We were suicidal defensively"
- 26 Feb 02:20 ARSENAL v AS MONACO 1-3 - The Matchbox
- 25 Feb 11:43 ARSENAL, Monreal: "Wenger? I feel very lucky to have such a great coach"
- 25 Feb 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "I was about to leave"
- 24 Feb 21:00 ARSENAL v AS MONACO, Preview - Wenger: "We've got equal chances to pass the turn"
- 24 Feb 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Djuricic: "I would like to remain"
- 23 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Touré's agent: "Ready to commit to City for life"
- 22 Feb 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Demichelis could stay"
- 21 Feb 16:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho on Paris metro incident: "We invite mister Souleymane to join us at Stamford Bridge on our expense"
- 21 Feb 15:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Luke Shaw: "I know how good Swans can be on their days"
- 21 Feb 14:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal on team news: "Van Persie and Jones are fit for playing"
- 21 Feb 13:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Ospina: "They've got a direct style and move fast, we'll need to be careful"
- 21 Feb 12:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal: "We've got a fantastic spirit now, and we are looking for the perfect balance"
- 21 Feb 11:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Eagles captain Jedinak: "We are in the right mood to face such a strong team as Gunners"
- 21 Feb 10:00 SOUTHAMPTON v LIVERPOOL, Preview - Allen: "Saints have already succeeded in testing us"
- 21 Feb 09:00 LIVERPOOL, Joe Allen: "Jordon Ibe is brilliant, he's got the raw talent needed"
- 21 Feb 01:30 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I want to stay"
- 20 Feb 19:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Intense ground, and Pardew is doing very well. I'm happy for Chamakh's new career with Eagles"
- 20 Feb 17:00 TOTTENHAM, Ben Davies: "Good job against Fiorentina, but they were solid and hard to break"
- 20 Feb 14:44 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Ramsey still, doubts on Flamini and Bellerin. Wilshere is ok"
- 20 Feb 14:29 LIVERPOOL, Moreno about Besiktas: "We've been lucky as well"
- 19 Feb 01:12 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Alexis rejected several clubs to make Gunners switch"
- 18 Feb 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "We have to maintain momentum"
- 18 Feb 13:44 CHELSEA, Ivanovic cheered by Blues draw at Paris
- 18 Feb 06:39 WERDER, Eichin: "Prödl could renew"
- 18 Feb 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I miss Italy, but.."
- 17 Feb 18:15 LIVERPOOL, 4-game Europa League sanction for Markovic
- 17 Feb 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I want to buy a midfielder"
- 16 Feb 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "No contacts with PSG"
- 14 Feb 19:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Welbeck: "Winning FA Cup would mean a lot to me"
- 14 Feb 16:30 ARSENAL, Akpom: "Playing with world-class names like Cazorla and Rosicky is a striker's dream"
- 14 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Wenger: "Szczesny is back, competition with Ospina is open"
- 14 Feb 12:00 ARSENAL, Gnabry: "I'm feeling good coming back, now I've got to keep pushing"
- 14 Feb 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Henderson: "No rush over new deal"
- 13 Feb 19:30 ARSENAL, Paulista close to debut
- 13 Feb 15:30 EVERTON, Lukaku: "It's my ambition to get playing in a club like Chelsea"
- 13 Feb 06:29 QPR, Isla: "No regrets about Juve"
- 12 Feb 06:19 MAN. UTD, Falcao's agent: "He is happy here"
- 10 Feb 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 09 Feb 13:15 TOTTENHAM, King Kane after triumph over Arsenal: "Words can't describe how I'm feeling now"
- 09 Feb 09:53 ARSENAL, It’s 31 years since Gunner signed Paul Mariner.
- 09 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "I think Milner will stay"
- 08 Feb 00:00 ARSENAL, Welbeck after city derby defeat: "We are devastated"
- 07 Feb 18:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL 2-1, The Matchbox Report: Kane's double decides
- 07 Feb 13:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on Walcott: "Now he needs a long time without injuries"
- 07 Feb 13:15 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Bentaleb: "Always a special game against Gunners"
- 07 Feb 13:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Dark-working players, like Coquelin or Cazorla, are crucial"
- 07 Feb 12:45 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "A potentially spectacular game. Confidence will be the key"
- 07 Feb 12:30 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Pochettino: "This kind of match has to be played with the heart, as well as with head and brains"
- 07 Feb 12:15 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Ramsey: "Now Coquelin is my insurance"
- 07 Feb 12:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "If you love football, you love Rosicky"
- 07 Feb 06:59 WEST HAM, Allardyce: "A bit frustrated about the transfer market"
- 06 Feb 18:43 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Mertesacker: "There will be a special atmosphere. We'll have to be cautious defense-wise"
- 06 Feb 16:30 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Welbeck is back. Bielik? He's coming very well"
- 27 Mar 08:30 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Price for Alaba set
- 27 Mar 08:15 RUSSIA/ DYNAMO, Teying to renew Kokorin's deal
- 27 Mar 08:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Also OM after Peres
- 27 Mar 07:40 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Agreement with Diop
- 27 Mar 07:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, No surgery for Keita
- 27 Mar 06:57 PSG, Marquinhos: "I want to stay for a long time"
- 27 Mar 06:39 SCHALKE 04, Di Matteo: "It will be difficult to bring Khedira here"
- 27 Mar 06:19 EVERTON, Lennon: "I'm not in talks for a long-term deal"
- 27 Mar 06:00 MALAGA, Amrabat's agent: "My future? In the Summer we'll see"
- 27 Mar 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Soriano: "Honored by Borussia interest"
- 26 Mar 23:37 SPAIN/ RAYO, Baena wants to renew
- 26 Mar 23:17 ENGLAND/ LEICESTER, Interest for Okazaki
- 26 Mar 22:59 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Go Ahead fire Booy
- 26 Mar 22:39 ITALY/ INTER, Eyes on de Sart
- 26 Mar 22:20 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Milinkovic is Partizan new coach
- 26 Mar 22:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Back for Lukaku
- 26 Mar 21:37 SWEDEN/ OFFICIAL, Hacken sign Lugano
- 26 Mar 21:17 ITALY/ INTER, Back for Dragovic
- 26 Mar 20:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Terry renews with Chelsea
- 26 Mar 20:39 URUGUAY/ DANUBIO, Three Italian clubs after Barreto
- 26 Mar 20:20 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Marquinhos renews with PSG
- 26 Mar 20:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Plan for Maksimovic
- 26 Mar 19:45 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Eyes on De Bruyne
- 26 Mar 19:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Idea Sirigu
- 26 Mar 19:15 RUSSIA/ DYNAMO, Spalletti the next coach?
- 26 Mar 19:00 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ac Milan and Destro ransom
- 26 Mar 18:51 SPAIN, Sergio Ramos about Morata: "He could still improve"
- 26 Mar 18:42 REAL MADRID, Sergio Ramos: "Iniesta the boyfriend every mother wants"
- 26 Mar 18:33 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Strongly denied reports about Ancelotti
- 26 Mar 18:24 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Ready 108 milion euros for CR7
- 26 Mar 18:13 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Ljajic and Pjanic future depends on Champions League
- 26 Mar 18:04 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Inler: "I've never even considered transferring"
- 26 Mar 17:56 ITALY/ INTER, Also Valencia interested in Toulalan
- 26 Mar 17:47 ITALY/ JUVE, Vidal: "One I'd like to come back to Colo Colo"
- 26 Mar 17:38 ITALY/ JUVE, Storari: "Renewal? I don't think there will be problems"
- 26 Mar 17:30 ITALY/ MILAN, Destro could leave: Immobile for replace him
- 26 Mar 17:21 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Eye on Green if Cech will leave
- 26 Mar 17:14 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Dembele thinking to leave
- 26 Mar 17:07 ENGLAND/ BURTON, Sign Liverpool duo
- 26 Mar 17:00 ITALY/ INTER, Lead on Allan
- 26 Mar 16:48 ENGLAND/ WBA, Keen on McArthur
- 26 Mar 16:36 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Schneiderlin hints to Champions League transfer. Arsenal plan new offer
- 26 Mar 16:24 FRANCE/ O.M., Bruno Peres on target
- 26 Mar 16:20 RUSSIA/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Criscito's agent: "At the moment I'm not in touch with Fiorentina"
- 26 Mar 16:12 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Eyes on Giancarlo Gonzalez
- 26 Mar 16:05 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Merson: "They must secure Theo Walcott's long-term future"
- 26 Mar 16:00 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Eyes on Kongolo
- 26 Mar 15:48 ITALY/ INTER, Arsenal challenged on signing Fekir
- 26 Mar 15:36 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Price for Papadopulos is set
- 26 Mar 15:24 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Criscito on target
Manchester City have strongly denied reports they have opened talks with Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti to replace Manuel Pellegrini.
Aa City source insists this is rubbish and told Starsport: "Such reports are absolute nonsense and totally untrue.
Interviewed by transfermarkt.de, Sampdoria midfielder Roberto Soriano has declared: "The transfer market? It's my agent who takes care of the
Interviewed by Estadio Deportivo, Galatasaray winger Nordin Amrabat, currently on loan at Malaga, has declared: "Some Spanish and English clubs a
Germany coach Joachim Low insists Mesut Ozil is not in hot water with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
Low says Ozil had the permission of Arsene Wenger
After renewing his deal with PSG, 20-year-old defender Marquinhos has declared: "This is an important target for me. A great news item. Life is b
Bayern Munich Director of Football Matthias Sammer has declared: "Saying that selling Dante is part of out plans is a stupidity; it's difficu