ARSENAL, Henderson: "Loan move would be good for me"
22.08.2012 14.00 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Conor Henderson is eager to prove his fitness for Arsenal Under-21s over the coming weeks - with the prospect of a loan move on the agenda.
The midfielder endured a difficult 2011/12 campaign, missing eight months with a cruciate knee ligament injury before sustaining another minor knee problem soon after his comeback.
But the 20-year-old enjoyed a fruitful pre-season and scored twice for the under-21s in their 3-1 victory over Bolton at Emirates Stadium on Monday night.
“It was frustrating last year because obviously I got injured in pre-season with the first team, and that took eight months to come back from,” Henderson told Arsenal.com.
“Then I returned and played a few times for the reserves, before tweaking my cartilage in training and that ruled me out for the rest of the season.
“I only started playing again this pre-season. I had a few Arsenal XI games, and now I feel like I am getting back to full fitness.”
Henderson worked tirelessly throughout the summer to consign his injury problems to the past, and he is optimistic about what the new season may hold for him.
“I had a few weeks off, but I was basically in throughout the summer making sure my knee was right and I was on schedule for my comeback,” he said. “I knew as soon as I came back for pre-season that I didn't want to rush things.
“It is important for me to get games this season. I think the plan for me now is to go out on loan, get some first-team experience and see where I go from there.
“A few clubs are asking about me but I think they want to see I am match fit before they take me, so hopefully I can have a few more games for the under-21s and do that.”
Other news Premier League (England)
- 07 Oct 06:29 MAN. CITY, Nasri: "I don't think I'll move back to France"
- 06 Oct 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I don't need a new contract to be motivated"
- 05 Oct 13:59 ARSENAL, Cech: "Alexis' energy is so important"
- 03 Oct 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "In Spain, Barça would be my only choice"
- 02 Oct 15:57 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I talked with my players about what we failed against Porto. Amelia? He can be the right guy for us"
- 02 Oct 06:29 EVERTON, Lukaku: "I'd like to work for Wenger"
- 01 Oct 11:30 CHELSEA, Diego Costa after Porto failure: "We need to regain our confidence"
- 29 Sep 20:19 MANCHESTER UNITED, Schweinsteiger keen to mentor Depay and Martial
- 29 Sep 19:00 ARSENAL, Ospina: "We have to impose ourselves"
- 29 Sep 18:37 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "Olympiakos? I remember my 2011 goal against them..."
- 29 Sep 17:46 BOURNEMOUTH, Long-term injury for Callum Wilson: 6 months out
- 29 Sep 14:14 CHAMPIONS, Porto - Chelsea: Possible lineups
- 29 Sep 14:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - MANCHESTER UNITED, Carrick: it will be a tough game against Wolfsburg"
- 29 Sep 13:59 CHAMPIONS, Arsenal - Olympiacos Possible lineups Outside chance of Mathieu Flamini and Mikel Arteta appearing
- 29 Sep 06:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I thought Martial was not for sale"
- 28 Sep 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "There's a group of people that don't want me here"
- 25 Sep 13:00 ENGLAND, Gerrard: “Mourinho is one of the best”
- 24 Sep 14:17 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "Happy to have defeated Birmingham, especially for our fans"
- 23 Sep 08:19 WEST HAM, Pulis: "I don't know if we'll sign Vaz Tê"
- 22 Sep 16:30 ARSENAL, Bellerín: "A move to Liga? No way, I'm staying with Gunners"
- 21 Sep 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Lloris: "I'm happy here"
- 18 Sep 13:00 CHELSEA v ARSENAL, Special Preview - One ex for every London side
- 18 Sep 07:57 LEICESTER, Mahrez's agent: "He's happy here"
- 18 Sep 06:00 Europa League Matchday 1 aftermath - TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "It's not been easy against Qarabag. Happy for Sonny"
- 18 Sep 00:59 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - DINAMO ZAGREB (Group F), former stars Modric and Kovacic: "Excited for the guys' victory over Arsenal"
- 17 Sep 17:27 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - MACCABI TEL AVIV (Group G), Jokanovic: "Chelsea played at their highest level, we're working to be more competitive"
- 17 Sep 14:07 ARSENAL, Wilshere will undergo surgery again
- 17 Sep 02:00 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - CHELSEA (Group G), Mourinho: "Winning after a long time gave us a very good feeling"
- 17 Sep 00:20 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - ARSENAL (Group F), Wenger on Zagreb failure: "We were a bit unlucky. Giroud didn't deserve to get a red card"
- 16 Sep 19:15 MANCHESTER CITY, Kompany: "There was actually nothing wrong with our performance"
- 16 Sep 16:03 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - PSV (Group B), Cocu on victory over United: "We showed anything can be achieved, if you believe in your goals"
- 16 Sep 08:39 EVERTON, Funes Mori: "I was about to join Chelsea"
- 16 Sep 01:21 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - MANCHESTER UNITED (Group B), Van Gaal after Dutch disaster: "Shaw was crying in the dressing room"
- 15 Sep 23:42 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - MANCHESTER CITY (Group D), Touré after Juventus failure: "Now we need to be strong and bounce back"
- 15 Sep 16:08 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - PSV EINDHOVEN v MANCHESTER UNITED (Group B): Depay faces his own past
- 14 Sep 08:57 CHELSEA, Matic after Goodison Park failure: "I really don't know what happened. Now let's win against Maccabi and Arsenal"
- 13 Sep 16:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal might even renew
- 12 Sep 20:00 EVERTON v CHELSEA 3-1, Matchbox: Ross Barkley got the game for Toffees
- 12 Sep 15:00 SUNDERLAND v TOTTENHAM, Special Preview - Lloris: "We need to find confidence"
- 12 Sep 10:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal on De Gea's renewal: "I'm delighted, he's one of the best in the world"
- 11 Sep 16:23 MANCHESTER UNITED v LIVERPOOL, Special Preview - Mata: "Playing against Reds is always special. Our fans are thankful from my goals from last season"
- 11 Sep 15:47 WEST HAM v NEWCASTLE, Preview - Ogbonna: "Still celebrating victory over Liverpool, and we are really focused on Magpies"
- 11 Sep 14:07 ARSENAL v STOKE CITY, Preview - Wenger: "Wilshere not available tomorrow"
- 11 Sep 08:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "Training the Dutch NT? Not now"
- 10 Sep 17:00 EVERTON v CHELSEA, Preview - Blues wait for Courtois' medical results in anxiety
- 10 Sep 08:39 EVERTON, Martinez: "We won't sign free agents"
- 09 Sep 12:14 ARSENAL, Optimism regarding Welbeck
- 09 Sep 06:19 MAN. UTD, Romero: "Van Gaal is trusting me"
- 08 Sep 17:40 ARSENAL, Coquelin: "Both first squad and loans are valid experience for a young player"
- 08 Sep 11:09 MANCHESTER UTD, Romero: "Playing for United is a dream"
- 07 Sep 16:45 WEST HAM, Randolph: "No one thought we would have won against Liverpool"
- 07 Sep 16:00 SWANSEA CITY, Ashley Williams on Wales' almost obtained accomplishment: "We are ready for one of the most important games in our careers"
- 07 Sep 14:45 MANCHESTER UNITED, Mata's letter to Red Devils from Spanish NT campaign
- 07 Sep 13:00 WBA, Pulis: "Berahino will play"
- 07 Sep 11:59 ARSENAL, Monreal: "A period of transition for Spanish NT, after an incredibile generation"
- 04 Sep 15:53 ARSENAL, Nacho: "How English football changed me"
- 04 Sep 09:43 ARSENAL, Welbeck shock: out 4 months
- 04 Sep 06:29 MAN. CITY, De Bruyne's agent: "He was about to join Bayern"
- 03 Sep 17:59 ARSENAL, Walcott: "I want to play as a striker"
- 03 Sep 06:29 WATFORD, Diamanti: "Fiorentina were not interested in keeping me"
- 02 Sep 14:33 MANCHESTER UNITED, Answer to Real Madrid on De Gea-related mishap
- 02 Sep 08:30 LIVERPOOL, Enrique: "Never received an offer from WBA"
- 31 Aug 06:29 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "Wanyama and Mane will stay"
- 30 Aug 10:59 MAN. CITY, Kompany welcomes De Bruyne
- 28 Aug 09:39 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "We need another striker"
- 27 Aug 08:39 WEST BROM. , Peace: "Berahino won't leave"
- 21 Aug 06:29 WATFORD, Sanchez Flores: "Soon a decision about Vydra"
- 20 Aug 06:29 MAN. CITY, Nasri's agent: "Inter? Nothing concrete"
- 19 Aug 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini's agent: "He could move back to Italy"
- 14 Aug 08:59 NEWCASTLE, Obertan: "I want to stay"
- 13 Aug 19:29 ARSENAL, Wenger is unsure about Rosicky's absence
- 13 Aug 08:39 LIVERPOOL, Enrique: "I want to stay"
- 12 Aug 18:10 ARSENAL, Rosicky out for up to two months
- 12 Aug 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "No news about his future"
- 11 Aug 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "I expect Stones to stay"
- 10 Aug 11:40 LIVERPOOL, Coutinho struck from 25 yards out in the 86th minute to win
- 10 Aug 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "Optimistic about Shaqiri"
- 09 Aug 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "I hope we'll announce a new signing soon"
- 08 Aug 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Benzema? Just media talk"
- 07 Aug 06:29 BOURNEMOUTH, Howe: "Happy with my team"
- 06 Aug 06:29 CRYSTAL PALACE, Pardew: "We are not after Coloccini"
- 05 Aug 06:29 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Great if Benzema would join us, but.."
- 04 Aug 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "Soldado to Real? I can't confirm"
- 03 Aug 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Nothing true about Benzema"
- 01 Aug 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "Hernandez? Just rumours"
- 31 Jul 18:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Cazorla and Walcott's renewals: "Delighted from that, they are important for us"
- 31 Jul 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "De Gea's situation not favourable"
- 30 Jul 06:29 WEST HAM, Bilic: "We still hope to sign Song"
- 29 Jul 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Chambers will stay"
- 28 Jul 06:39 PSG, David Luiz: "I hope Di Maria will join us"
- 28 Jul 06:19 MAN. CITY, Fernando: "I won't join Sporting"
- 27 Jul 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Walcott about to renew"
- 25 Jul 12:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Szczesny could go on loan to Roma"
- 24 Jul 09:59 MAN. CITY, Toure: "Happy to stay here"
- 23 Jul 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "We have talked with Fiorentina"
- 22 Jul 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We're about to sell Filipe Luis"
- 18 Jul 13:57 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal on new signings: "All very good players, but they'll have to fight in order to get to the pitch"
- 18 Jul 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "Many offers for him"
- 18 Jul 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "We are in talks for Filipe Luis"
- 17 Jul 06:59 MAN. UTD, Rooney: "Moving to the US? Could be..."
- 07 Oct 19:15 PORRTUGAL/ BENFICA, Nolito: "Barcelona rumours won't change me"
- 07 Oct 18:38 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID Contacts with Coutinho's agent
- 07 Oct 18:22 ENGLAND/ CELTIC, Eye Wilson
- 07 Oct 17:53 ENGLAND/ QPR, Mulraney has moved to Sky Bet League 2
- 07 Oct 17:35 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Handanovic-Inter 2019: the statement in January
- 07 Oct 16:59 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Coutinho always more far
- 07 Oct 16:44 FIFA, Blatter slams "outrageous" condemnat
- 07 Oct 16:32 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti believes Ronaldo will end his career at the Bernabeu
- 07 Oct 16:16 ITALY/ AC MILAN, First pro deal for Junior Agnero
- 07 Oct 16:07 TURKEY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Besiktas general manager: "Gomez? Soon to sign him definitively"
- 07 Oct 16:04 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Balotelli: "Liverpool is a good club but the amazing fans"
- 07 Oct 15:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool: pro deal for Alexander-Arnold
- 07 Oct 11:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Also Valencia are battling to sign Victor Valdes
- 07 Oct 11:44 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Booking Mexes and Walace in january
- 07 Oct 11:33 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Pearson for replace Advocaat
- 07 Oct 11:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp expecting to bring his long-term assistants Buvac and Krawietz
- 07 Oct 10:52 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Nolito keen on Gunners
- 07 Oct 10:33 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho:a world record £37.5m pay-out to sack him
- 07 Oct 10:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Coutinho potential move to the Bernabeu, could stop with Klopp arrival
- 07 Oct 10:02 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, set to unveil Klopp on Friday
- 07 Oct 09:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Honda could be set for exit
- 07 Oct 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Soon we'll talk about Guardiola new deal"
- 07 Oct 06:29 MAN. CITY, Nasri: "I don't think I'll move back to France"
- 07 Oct 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "I want to stay"
- 07 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He has never asked to leave"
- 06 Oct 23:27 FRANCE/ PSG, Eyes on Pione Sisto
- 06 Oct 21:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Osorio quits Sao Paulo
- 06 Oct 20:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Amalfitano quits West Ham
- 06 Oct 20:17 POLAND/ OFFICIAL, Cherchesov is Legia new coach
- 06 Oct 19:59 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Lokeren sign Jaja Coelho
- 06 Oct 19:39 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Still keen on Biglia
- 06 Oct 19:20 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Agreement for Julio Cesar's new deal
- 06 Oct 19:04 ENGLAND, Cruyff has pop at van Gaal and Mourinho
- 06 Oct 18:44 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY, striker Diouf's mother killed in Mecca crush
- 06 Oct 18:14 ITALY/ JUVE, Nedved warns Pogba: "You can't have everything"
- 06 Oct 17:49 SPAIN Ramos out of Spain Euro 2016 squad
- 06 Oct 17:48 ENGLAND/ MILLWALL, To loan Wolves midfielder
- 06 Oct 16:58 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Insigne: "I never thought to leave"
- 06 Oct 16:39 ITALY/ INTER, Jovetic explains: "I'm obligated, like everyone else, to answer the call of my NT"
- 06 Oct 16:19 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, tracking Lille playmaker Sofiane Boufa
- 06 Oct 16:12 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Corinthians: Renewal for Marciell
- 06 Oct 15:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Martial’s mum helped to seal his move to Manchester
- 06 Oct 15:48 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Can: "Jurgen Klopp is certainly a great coach"
- 06 Oct 15:34 ITALY/ JUVE, Nedved: "We don't know when Caceres will fill up in the team again"
- 06 Oct 15:27 FRANCE/ TROYES, Could arrive Dabo
- 06 Oct 13:19 ITALY/ JUVE, Zaza's agent: "Simone wants to go on with his decision"
- 06 Oct 12:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal: Iwobi signs
- 06 Oct 12:31 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Capello on Mourinho: "He burns out his players after a year and a half"
- 06 Oct 12:15 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Nasri open to MLS move
- 06 Oct 12:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Thinking about Santacroce
Ac Milan striker Mario Balotelli but of Liverpool property has spoken about the English club and the change of coach.
Liverpool is a good club but the amazing fans and amazing team make it special!YNWA you guys can do it.You don't need help❤️
Sevilla and Valencia are battling to sign Manchester United goalkeeper Victor Valdes, according to the Daily Star.
The former Barcelona stopper has
Interviewed by Abc.es, Atletico Madrid forward Fernando Torres has declared: "It's not a secret, I want to stay. If the club abd I will have
Manchester City attacking midfielder Samir Nasri has told Canal+: "I am more interested in the MLS, to try something different, than into moving back
Attending pre-game press conference before Europa League Matchday 2 group round rendez-vous against Tottenham, AS Monaco veteran half-back Jeremy Toul
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has declared about the possibility to renew the contract of the first team's coach Pep Guardiola: "I