ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Zidane was the best I ever played against"
22.08.2012 12.16 by TM W
Santi Cazorla believes Zinedine Zidane is the best player he has ever faced - and says it was a pleasure to test himself against the legendary Frenchman.
Arsenal’s new signing has come up against Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo on numerous occasions in La Liga, and is an admirer of both.
However, the 27-year-old maintains that World Cup winner Zidane has the edge as the finest player he has seen over the course of his career.
“During your life you always have different players that you like. When I was a child, because my dad liked the ‘Dream Team’, I liked Michael Laudrup,” Cazorla told the Official Arsenal Magazine.
“But I have always said the best player I have played against, and the most elegant player, was Zinedine Zidane. There’s [Lionel] Messi and [Cristiano] Ronaldo, but I still think being lucky enough to play against Zidane, and see him play, was amazing. He is still the best.
“He had it all as a player. He was elegant, he had quality, he was strong and he was tall. He looked like he was going to be clumsy because of his height but then you realised he was so skilful and gifted with the ball.
“I really enjoyed watching him play, it was a pleasure. I would highlight everything about him, because he had everything to be the best player.”
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Premier League (England)
- 18 Apr 06:19 SWANSEA, Davies: "Atletico after me? I couldn't believe it"
- 16 Apr 12:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Podolski: "Fantastic finisher and my main wide player"
- 16 Apr 09:30 ARSENAL, Giroud: "The team need me to score a lot in the last 4 Premier games"
- 16 Apr 06:19 SUNDERLAND, Poyer: "I won't resign, but.."
- 15 Apr 14:45 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Our quality makes me think we can finish in the top four"
- 15 Apr 13:00 ARSENAL v WEST HAM, Preview - Wenger: "Ramsey and the Ox might not make it"
- 15 Apr 11:00 ARSENAL v WEST HAM, Preview - Wenger: "Qualifying for next Champions League is vital for us"
- 15 Apr 10:14 MANCHESTER CITY, Dzeko: "Title fight will go to the wire"
- 15 Apr 06:15 TOTTENHAM, Eriksen: "My future? I have a secret plan.."
- 14 Apr 12:45 ARSENAL, Podolski: "Winning FA Cup would be ok, but not qualifying for Champions would be really bad"
- 13 Apr 23:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "Fabianski holds the main credit for our victory"
- 13 Apr 16:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We won by spirit and nerve"
- 13 Apr 12:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Demba Ba: "I'll leave in June. I'd like to play in PSG"
- 13 Apr 09:00 ARSENAL, Rosicky: "Some of us don't know how it feels to lift a trophy. We can't hide behind injuries"
- 12 Apr 11:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "The squad need to win a trophy"
- 12 Apr 09:00 ARSENAL, Giroud: "We want to win FA Cup for our fans"
- 11 Apr 23:57 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers:"We are enjoying it and the players are very focused"
- 11 Apr 06:15 EVERTON, Lukaku: "My future? I have a contract with Chelsea"
- 10 Apr 16:32 MANCHESTER UTD, Fletcher accepts United fight
- 10 Apr 06:19 SWANSEA, William's agent: "Ready to talk with Napoli"
- 09 Apr 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Ramirez's agent: "He could move back to Italy"
- 08 Apr 14:44 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "We have experience in getting into the top four of course"
- 08 Apr 06:19 SUNDERLAND, Poyet: "I am not going to walk away"
- 07 Apr 14:30 LIVERPOOL, Ayre: "Suarez wants to stay and win Champions League for Reds"
- 07 Apr 06:15 STOKE CITY, Assaidi: "My future remains uncertain"
- 06 Apr 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "PSG? If my wife asks me to.."
- 05 Apr 13:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "Everton's full backs have massive attacking potential"
- 05 Apr 11:00 LIVERPOOL, Iago Aspas: "I need to move to a club which believe in me"
- 05 Apr 08:00 ARSENAL, Wenger again on Ramsey: "He is a bit Lampardish"
- 05 Apr 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Torres going nowhere"
- 04 Apr 19:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Ramsey: "Great to have him back. We suffered a lot from injuries"
- 04 Apr 13:45 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Defeating Everton will mean making a distance from them"
- 04 Apr 06:15 EVERTON, Lukaku's agent: "
- 03 Apr 20:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on injuries: "Ramsey might be back against Everton"
- 03 Apr 13:45 ARSENAL, Gnabry: "Very happy for this season, around all these top players"
- 03 Apr 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Kaboul: "I am not joining Arsenal"
- 02 Apr 06:15 ARSENAL, Vermaelen: "We want Wenger to stay"
- 01 Apr 06:15 SOUTHAMPTON, Shaw: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 31 Mar 17:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We went through a terrible storm, and we showed courage"
- 31 Mar 06:15 NEWCASTLE, Debuchy: "PSG? We'll see.."
- 30 Mar 07:29 MAN. CITY, Silva: "Barça? I am happy here"
- 29 Mar 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "My future? I have given my word.."
- 28 Mar 12:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on Gunners crisis: "There's still a lot of turning games before the season ends"
- 28 Mar 11:00 NEW YORK RED BULLS, Arsenal legend Thierry Henry: "I'm excited for playing friendly match against Gunners"
- 28 Mar 09:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Ramsey is progressing in recovering"
- 28 Mar 06:15 ASTON VILLA, Benteke's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 27 Mar 18:30 ARSENAL, Gunners legend Robert Pires says: "I believe in them, but they need another striker to play at Giroud's side"
- 27 Mar 06:15 STOKE CITY, Nzonzi: "I am happy here"
- 26 Mar 16:30 ARSENAL, Flamini: "We want to prove we are a Premier League big one against City"
- 26 Mar 13:45 ARSENAL, Kallstrom: "Finally playing for Gunners is a dream coming true"
- 18 Apr 11:30 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY, Insisting on Olic
- 18 Apr 11:15 ITALY/ GENOA, Suggestion for Cambiasso
- 18 Apr 11:07 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Marco Van Basten is the new AZ Alkmaar
- 18 Apr 11:00 SCOTLAND/ CELTIC, Van Dijk: "I don't want to move"
- 18 Apr 10:45 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Duel to AC Milan and Juventus for Tonny Vilhena
- 18 Apr 10:30 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Approaching Aluko
- 18 Apr 10:15 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, From Germany: 36 million euros needed for Laporte
- 18 Apr 10:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN: Seedorf set to be fired, Inzaghi on the lead position
- 18 Apr 09:45 FRANCE/ O.M., 3 Premier League clubs keen on Romao
- 18 Apr 09:30 TURKEY/ BURSASPOR, Frey calls Fiorentina back
- 18 Apr 09:15 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, From Italy: Allegri will be the new Spurs manager
- 18 Apr 09:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, English youngster Kinsella about to sign his first pro contract
- 18 Apr 08:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Pedro Martins will leave Maritimo after the season ends
- 18 Apr 08:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, America MG sign Thiago Santos
- 18 Apr 07:40 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Brown remains at Carlisle
- 18 Apr 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Season over for Alba
- 18 Apr 06:57 LILLE, Kjaer: "Honored by United's interest"
- 18 Apr 06:39 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "Olic could renew for two years"
- 18 Apr 06:19 SWANSEA, Davies: "Atletico after me? I couldn't believe it"
- 18 Apr 06:00 ESPANYOL, Casilla: "I'm not worried about my future"
- 18 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "I want to stay"
- 17 Apr 23:37 ITALY/ VERONA, Mission for Mangia
- 17 Apr 23:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eintracht B. sign Gikiewicz
- 17 Apr 22:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Update on Seedorf
- 17 Apr 22:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Howard renews with Everton
- 17 Apr 22:20 ITALY/ INTER, Duel with Atletico for Hernandez
- 17 Apr 22:00 BELGIUM/ CHARLEROI, Salamone on trial
- 17 Apr 21:37 ITALY/ VERONA, New contract for Toni ready
- 17 Apr 21:17 FRANCE/ OL, Chantome to replace Gonalons
- 17 Apr 20:59 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Also Monaco after Baselli
- 17 Apr 20:39 BRAZIL/ FLUMINENSE, Timbò likely to join
- 17 Apr 20:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Eyes on Lucas Rodriguez
- 17 Apr 20:00 GREECE/ APOLLON, Also Chievo after Petropoulos
- 17 Apr 19:45 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Three clubs after Benalouane
- 17 Apr 19:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Pedro Martins will quit Maritimo
- 17 Apr 19:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Gilardino?
- 17 Apr 19:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA, Three Italian clubs after Colazo
- 17 Apr 18:45 ITALY/ UDINESE, Khazri about to join
- 17 Apr 18:30 AUSTRIA/ RED BULL, Also Stuttgart after Klein
- 17 Apr 18:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Sprint for Elkeson
- 17 Apr 18:00 FRANCE/ MONTPELLIER, Two English clubs after Stambouli
- 17 Apr 17:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Also Borussia after Cuadrado
- 17 Apr 17:30 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, In the summer Pavlovic will leave
- 17 Apr 17:13 ITALY/ INTER, Nothing to do for Sagna: he'll sign a 3-year deal with Arsenal
- 17 Apr 17:00 FRANCE/ PDG, Touré the alternative to Pogba
- 17 Apr 16:44 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "Signing my first contract for the club was an emotional moment "
- 17 Apr 16:30 FRANCE/ PSG, Interest for Baselli confirmed
- 17 Apr 16:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Agreement with Lulic
- 17 Apr 16:00 GERMANY/ BAYER, Derdiyok won't stay
- 17 Apr 15:45 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Also Galatasaray after Kavlak
While Wolfsburg management offered him a new contract lasting until June 2016, Croatian international striker Ivica Olic (34), who'll leave as a free agent if refusing, is still a main target for Stoke City, whose strategist, Mark Hughes, is determined to sign him....
Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia has declared: "My new contract? At the right moment you will know everything, my will is to remain at...
Marc Bartra was one of the protagonists in the final of the Copa del Rey. The center back, who scored Barça goal, said “it’s...
Capable to score a double against West Ham, Lukas Podolski is one of the subjects mentioned by Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger during his...
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared about 24 year old midfielder Toni Kroos: "Bayern's executives will do all they can to...
Lille defender Simon Kjaer has declared: "Manchester United's interest? It's an honor to hear about such a great club, but I...