ARSENAL, Wenger: "Podolski is deadly when there's a chance"
03.09.2012 12.00 by TM W
on the performance…
Overall I am pleased with the quality of our performance, offensively and defensively. In our first two games you could feel some potential but we lacked a little spark and that is getting better now. We come out of the game with the feeling we had a good performance but there is also a good potential and team energy and that is always very interesting because there is something to work on.
on goals for the new signings…
Everybody understood very quickly that Cazorla would not take six months to settle and Podolski is deadly when there is a chance, you see that in training. He showed good team work as well today, and I am pleased for them. Just Giroud needs a goal, but as long as the team wins we know that will come.
on another clean sheet...
As long as that record lasts, the more everybody does defensively because they want to keep the record going. Football is always a good lesson in humility because we had the No 1 and two goalkeepers out and went to Stoke and Liverpool and haven't conceded a goal. You never know in the game but when you have a good work rate and spirit in the team, you have a chance.
on the international break...
It is not very welcome for us but that is the fixture list, we can't decide about that.
on Brendan Rodgers' task...
I faced that [pressure] last year in the same period. He has just arrived at the club, the expectation level is very high but you just want to tell people to stay confident and stand behind the man. When it comes to a big club it is important for him to feel that the people around him trust him and I am sure he will turn it around.
on Abou Diaby...
You can see it is massive for us because he is a tremendous football player. He has absolutely everything you want in midfield. He hasn't played for a year but he had a good pre-season where we had him 45 minutes every three days and now he looks in good shape. There is more to come from him but what he has shown today is very good.
on whether he was worried about him...
I was worried about him highly but I always stood behind him because not only is he a fantastic football player but a fantastic guy as well. Let's hope he survives the break because the national team travel a lot, play two games in four days and let's hope he comes back in good shape.
on Jack Wilshere...
He is looking very good in training. Close? It depends what you call close. I would still give him a month. But it looks very good. In a month he should be starting to play again.
on his ideal midfield...
Look at our midfield; you have Arteta, Cazorla, Diaby, Wilshere, Coquelin, Rosicky, Ramsey. There is a fight for places and there is quality.
on comparisons to April's game at Anfield...
It is difficult. Today I felt we were more composed, we dominated in midfield and that gave us a good stability. We scored first as well in the first half. I still feel Liverpool are a good team because I saw them against Manchester City and they deserved to win the game. You have to trust the team and they will come back.
on whether the team is stronger than 12 months ago...
It is too early. I am confident we have good potential and it is down to us to improve, there a lot of things to work on. There is a good potential there.
on Theo Walcott...
Today we had Walcott, Gervinho, Santos, Ramsey on the bench and we had players at home as well. They will play.
on injury news...
Oxlade-Chamberlain had a kick but he is OK. Vermaelen had a kick as well, he should be alright.
Other news Premier League (England)
- 01 Sep 01:16 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Remy excited to work with Mourinho
- 31 Aug 02:00 LEICESTER CITY v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "They have been impressive against Everton and Chelsea"
- 30 Aug 20:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Ozil: "Everything he does is intelligent, he's got perfect timing"
- 30 Aug 14:00 LEICESTER CITY v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Arteta and Gibbs won't be in the game"
- 30 Aug 09:00 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "Winning FA Cup got us hungrier for trophies"
- 30 Aug 01:03 EVERTON, Martinez happy with Europa League draw
- 29 Aug 17:48 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain on Sanchez: "Unbelievable game of his against Besiktas"
- 29 Aug 14:24 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Chambers surprised me. Sanchez's winning mentality will help us a lot"
- 29 Aug 12:45 MANCHESTER CITY, Sagna: "We want to win everything"
- 29 Aug 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Some players may leave"
- 28 Aug 16:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere on Sanchez's victory goal against Besiktas: "Alexis needed to score his first goal as a Gunner"
- 28 Aug 11:44 ARSENAL, Official medical report on Giroud: 4 months' stop
- 28 Aug 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We don't have to replace Giroud"
- 27 Aug 15:48 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Giroud's one can be a long-term injury"
- 27 Aug 14:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Our experience will help us against Besiktas. A crucial game, more on the sport side than financially"
- 27 Aug 12:45 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal: "I chose Di Maria as I did with Robben in Bayern. He'll need to fit into the philosophy of our club"
- 27 Aug 06:19 MAN. UTD, Di Maria: "I didn't want to leave Real"
- 26 Aug 12:52 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Carra worried about Reds' defence
- 26 Aug 11:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers on Balotelli: "Of course it's a risk, but he is a big talent"
- 26 Aug 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Balotelli: "I'm in a great team"
- 25 Aug 13:36 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "We learnt from last year's defeat suffered from Everton"
- 25 Aug 11:45 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Losing against Everton would have been disappointing. We showed a great attitude"
- 25 Aug 06:19 SUNDERLAND, Poyet: "Soon an answer about Borini"
- 24 Aug 09:59 QPR, Redknapp: "We want to keep Rémy"
- 24 Aug 00:00 ARSENAL, Ramsey: "We'll be more careful than last year against Everton"
- 23 Aug 20:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Last year we left the game in Everton's hands. Never had a Premier League so tight"
- 23 Aug 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Lucas Leiva: "Napoli? Never say never"
- 22 Aug 06:19 WEST BROMWICH, Irvine: "We are in taks with Samaras"
- 21 Aug 13:12 ARSENAL, Chambers: "I'm working my way here, thanks to everyone's help"
- 21 Aug 08:30 HULL CITY, Bruce: "We are interested in Aboubakar"
- 20 Aug 14:28 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Chambers has adapted quickly"
- 20 Aug 11:37 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Besiktas could have won the game"
- 20 Aug 06:19 CHELSEA, Schurrle: "I am happy here"
- 19 Aug 20:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Beating a Turkish team away from home is very difficult"
- 19 Aug 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I would like Cech to stay"
- 18 Aug 06:29 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Don't know anything about Atletico"
- 17 Aug 09:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Arteta will extend his contract"
- 15 Aug 06:29 MAN. CITY, Dzeko: "I am in talks about a new deal"
- 14 Aug 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We are not interested in Benatia"
- 13 Aug 06:19 EVERTON, Martinez: "Atsu is about to join"
- 12 Aug 17:29 Former Tottenham chairman Lord Sugar thinks Arsenal can win title
- 12 Aug 12:36 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Playing with Sanchez is easy, we'll be stronger this season"
- 12 Aug 06:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Taarabt is not going to go cheap"
- 11 Aug 15:59 ARSENAL, Flamini: "Ready for title challenge"
- 11 Aug 06:15 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We need a winger"
- 10 Aug 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "Schneiderlin must honor his contract"
- 09 Aug 06:29 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "We are after Rojo"
- 08 Aug 12:32 ARSENAL, get Besiktas in Champions League
- 08 Aug 11:45 ARSENAL, Ramsey: "We want to feel that winning sensation soon again"
- 08 Aug 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We conceded too much goals to top teams last season"
- 07 Aug 15:12 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "The new players are giving us an extra spring"
- 07 Aug 01:00 LIVERPOOL, Manquillo: "I hope to stay here for many more years in the future"
- 06 Aug 06:39 MAN. UTD, Hernandez's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 05 Aug 19:00 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Sanchez is a fantastic player, we'll have a good understanding"
- 05 Aug 10:29 ARSENAL, Usmanov: "Gunners primed for new era of trophies and glory"
- 05 Aug 06:19 ASTON VILLA, Lambert: "I hope to keep Vlaar"
- 04 Aug 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Vermaelen could leave"
- 03 Aug 09:59 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Maybe we don't need other players"
- 02 Aug 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Poyet: "Wickham will either renew or leave"
- 01 Aug 06:19 MAN. CITY, Milner: "I would like to stay, but.."
- 31 Jul 06:19 MAN. UTD, Hernandez: "My future? Only God knows"
- 30 Jul 06:19 MANCHESTER CITY, Dzeko: "I am in talk for a new contract"
- 29 Jul 13:41 MANCHESTER UNITED, van Gaal: "I don't sign players for pleasure"
- 29 Jul 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Reed: "We'll keep on signing young players"
- 28 Jul 12:43 ARSENAL on Twitter, Colombian goalkeeper Ospina in his new Gunnner kit
- 28 Jul 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Ospina will provide us a great improvement"
- 27 Jul 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Jovetic will stay"
- 26 Jul 08:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We didn't sign Shaw because..."
- 25 Jul 20:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Drogba is coming not because he made history, but 'cause he wants to make more history"
- 25 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Javi Garcia's agent: "We are not in talks with Napoli"
- 24 Jul 08:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "New signings possible"
- 23 Jul 08:15 TOTTENHAM, Lamela: "Never thought about leaving"
- 21 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Woodward: "We will invest on the transfer market"
- 20 Jul 08:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I can't assure Vermaelen will stay"
- 19 Jul 08:29 QPR, Fernandes: "I would like to keep Taarabt"
- 18 Jul 08:19 ARSENAL, Debuchy: "I'm in one of the biggest clubs in the world"
- 17 Jul 20:01 MANCHESTER UTD, Van Gaal: "My method is always the same"
- 17 Jul 08:30 TOTTEMHAM, Pochettino: "Happy for Lloris"
- 16 Jul 08:15 CHELSEA, Piazon: "I don't know what's going to happen"
- 15 Jul 08:39 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "I want to stay for many years"
- 14 Jul 16:01 MANCHESTER UNITED, Agreement with Adidas reached
- 14 Jul 15:15 TOTTENHAM, Medical report on Adebayor's malaria
- 14 Jul 08:30 ARSENAL, Gazidis: "We will only sign stars"
- 13 Jul 09:57 OL, Fournier: "Grenier could leave"
- 13 Jul 08:59 SWANSEA. Jenkins: "Fernandez? We need no defenders"
- 11 Jul 08:29 ARSENAL, Sanchez: "Happy to be here"
- 10 Jul 08:30 ARSENAL, Arteta's agent: "He is happy in London"
- 08 Jul 08:30 CHELSEA, Lukaku: "There are choices to make"
- 07 Jul 08:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Lovren: "My head is already at Liverpool"
- 04 Jul 08:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Ferdinand has accepted our offer"
- 03 Jul 08:19 QPR, Faurlin: "Happy of my new contract"
- 01 Jul 08:15 SWANSEA, Jenkins: "No enquiries for Jenkins"
- 28 Jun 08:29 MAN. UTD, Shaw: "I am here to win trophies"
- 26 Jun 15:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker : "It’s so special to face Klinsmann"
- 26 Jun 08:19 MAN. UTD, Hernandez: "Very few people have shown faith in me"
- 25 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Oscar: "I will stay"
- 24 Jun 18:15 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "FIFA must apologize to Costa Rica"
- 24 Jun 08:19 LIVERPOOL, Suarez's father-in-law: "He should move to Spain"
- 23 Jun 08:15 MAN. UTD, Fellaini: "I am not looking for a move"
- 22 Jun 08:59 QPR, Mbia: "My dream is to be coached by Mourinho"
- 02 Sep 10:31 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Celtic sign Scepovic
- 02 Sep 10:14 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City: arrives Ben Arfa
- 02 Sep 10:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Southampton: arrives Mané
- 02 Sep 09:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Doyle joins Crystal Palace
- 02 Sep 00:14 BAYERN MUNICH, Xabi Alonso: "Winning Champions League here would be a dream coming true"
- 01 Sep 22:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan: Torres to be introduced tomorrow
- 01 Sep 21:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Parma sign Zaccardo back from AC Milan
- 01 Sep 20:45 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hibernian sign Sinclair
- 01 Sep 20:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Holtby back to Bundes
- 01 Sep 20:15 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto loan Carlos Eduardo out to OGC Nice
- 01 Sep 19:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico Madrid loan Bono Bounou out to Zaragoza
- 01 Sep 19:48 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Radamel Falcao about to be announced
- 01 Sep 19:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fiorentina sign Kurtic
- 01 Sep 19:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City sign Abel Hernandez from Palermo
- 01 Sep 19:21 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica about to announce Cristante from AC Milan: the sum
- 01 Sep 19:12 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fiorentina agree with Hamburg on Badelj's transfer
- 01 Sep 19:03 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Former PSG and Liverpool talent N'Gog joins Reims
- 01 Sep 18:54 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Daley Blind joins Manchester United
- 01 Sep 18:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Van Ginkel joins AC Milan from Chelsea
- 01 Sep 18:36 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Medojevic joins Eintracht Frankfurt
- 01 Sep 18:27 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ QPR, Deal with Liverpool: Borini deciding whether to join or not
- 01 Sep 18:18 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Feyenoord loan Hahn out
- 01 Sep 18:09 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Parma sign De Ceglie from Juventus
- 01 Sep 18:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Shock attempt for Pasqual
- 01 Sep 17:55 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico Madrid sign Italian international Cerci
- 01 Sep 17:51 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ajax sign Boer
- 01 Sep 17:48 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Amalfitano in London for medicals
- 01 Sep 17:44 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan sign Biabiany
- 01 Sep 16:13 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, To make an offer for Bacca
- 01 Sep 15:54 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Sevilla, Rusescu to Steaua
- 01 Sep 15:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter: Taider back from Southampton
- 01 Sep 15:33 ITALY/ INTER, Mbaye's agent: "Anderlecht asked info"
- 01 Sep 15:24 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland: Diakite has left the club by mutual consent
- 01 Sep 15:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Kurtic: "Also Leeds wanted me"
- 01 Sep 15:06 ITALY/ MILAN, Trading for the transfer of Cristante to Benfica
- 01 Sep 14:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL,Swansea sign Barrow
- 01 Sep 14:48 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Boyd joins Burnley
- 01 Sep 14:39 BELGIUM/ OFFCIAL, Standard de Liege, from Valencia arrives Jonathan Viera
- 01 Sep 14:36 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid sign Hernandez from United
- 01 Sep 13:44 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Beckenbauer: "Is not a crime to buy Spanish players"
- 01 Sep 13:28 ITALY/ MILAN, Niang's agent: "The club want him to stay"
- 01 Sep 13:13 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Bayern Munich: arrives Sinan Kurt
- 01 Sep 13:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Chicharito Hernandez undergo a medical
- 01 Sep 12:44 ITALY/ JUVE, New effort of Manchester United for Vidal
- 01 Sep 12:28 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, signed Falcao for 65 million euros
- 01 Sep 12:14 FRANCE/ PSG, Al-Khelaifi: "Rabiot at Roma? Negotiation is not closed. Arsenal ? I can say nothing"
- 01 Sep 12:05 SPAIN/ ATAHOTEL EXECUTIVE - Real Madrid, for Chicharito a loan about 3 mlns
- 01 Sep 12:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Samp, arrive Romagnoli on loan from Roma
- 01 Sep 11:44 REAL MADRID, Casillas: “We cannot let slip a 0-2 lead like that”
- 01 Sep 11:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: " I don’t like the team to play like that for an hour"
Xabi Alonso has set his sights on winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich, after previously lifting the trophy with Liverpool and Real Madrid.
"It would be a dream come true to win the Champions League with a third team," the experienced midfielder said at a
Here is what Rossoneri right-back Ignazio Abate, had to say exclusively to Milan Channel:
"The feelings are positive. We start a new sea
Iker Casillas started in the Anoeta and spoke about Real Madrid‘s defeat in the Anoeta no sooner had the match finished: “The team was neg
Loic Remy is excited to be working under his new manager Jose Mourinho.
"I spoke with him (Mourinho)," Remy told the club's official
Interviewed by Telefoot, PSG new defender David Luiz has declared: "I am sure that here I will be happier than at Barcelona or Bayern, because PS
Xabi Alonso has set his sights on winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich, after previously lifting the trophy with Liverpool and Real Madrid.