ARSENAL, Wenger: "Podolski is deadly when there's a chance"
03.09.2012 12.00 by TM W
on the performance…
Overall I am pleased with the quality of our performance, offensively and defensively. In our first two games you could feel some potential but we lacked a little spark and that is getting better now. We come out of the game with the feeling we had a good performance but there is also a good potential and team energy and that is always very interesting because there is something to work on.
on goals for the new signings…
Everybody understood very quickly that Cazorla would not take six months to settle and Podolski is deadly when there is a chance, you see that in training. He showed good team work as well today, and I am pleased for them. Just Giroud needs a goal, but as long as the team wins we know that will come.
on another clean sheet...
As long as that record lasts, the more everybody does defensively because they want to keep the record going. Football is always a good lesson in humility because we had the No 1 and two goalkeepers out and went to Stoke and Liverpool and haven't conceded a goal. You never know in the game but when you have a good work rate and spirit in the team, you have a chance.
on the international break...
It is not very welcome for us but that is the fixture list, we can't decide about that.
on Brendan Rodgers' task...
I faced that [pressure] last year in the same period. He has just arrived at the club, the expectation level is very high but you just want to tell people to stay confident and stand behind the man. When it comes to a big club it is important for him to feel that the people around him trust him and I am sure he will turn it around.
on Abou Diaby...
You can see it is massive for us because he is a tremendous football player. He has absolutely everything you want in midfield. He hasn't played for a year but he had a good pre-season where we had him 45 minutes every three days and now he looks in good shape. There is more to come from him but what he has shown today is very good.
on whether he was worried about him...
I was worried about him highly but I always stood behind him because not only is he a fantastic football player but a fantastic guy as well. Let's hope he survives the break because the national team travel a lot, play two games in four days and let's hope he comes back in good shape.
on Jack Wilshere...
He is looking very good in training. Close? It depends what you call close. I would still give him a month. But it looks very good. In a month he should be starting to play again.
on his ideal midfield...
Look at our midfield; you have Arteta, Cazorla, Diaby, Wilshere, Coquelin, Rosicky, Ramsey. There is a fight for places and there is quality.
on comparisons to April's game at Anfield...
It is difficult. Today I felt we were more composed, we dominated in midfield and that gave us a good stability. We scored first as well in the first half. I still feel Liverpool are a good team because I saw them against Manchester City and they deserved to win the game. You have to trust the team and they will come back.
on whether the team is stronger than 12 months ago...
It is too early. I am confident we have good potential and it is down to us to improve, there a lot of things to work on. There is a good potential there.
on Theo Walcott...
Today we had Walcott, Gervinho, Santos, Ramsey on the bench and we had players at home as well. They will play.
on injury news...
Oxlade-Chamberlain had a kick but he is OK. Vermaelen had a kick as well, he should be alright.
Other news Premier League (England)
- 25 Dec 18:00 ARSENAL v QPR, Boxing Day Preview - Wenger: "Balance in rotation is very hard to find"
- 25 Dec 06:29 QPR, Redknapp: "Defoe? You never know.."
- 24 Dec 13:00 ARSENAL v QPR, Boxing Day Preview - Szczesny: "Austin could be a role model for young English players"
- 24 Dec 12:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Mertesacker: "He had a difficult start, but he's got sharper"
- 24 Dec 06:59 WEST BROMWICH, Irvine: "No enquiries for Berahino"
- 23 Dec 18:45 ARSENAL v QPR, Boxing Day Preview - Wenger on team news: "Rosicky and Sanogo will be certainly back"
- 23 Dec 06:19 QPR, Redknapp: "I like Morrison"
- 22 Dec 19:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "I'm not pleased by our performance, but we take a good point achieved at Liverpool"
- 22 Dec 16:00 ARSENAL, Flamini after 2-2 at Liverpool: "We'll improve as we recover injured players"
- 22 Dec 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I am not afraid of spending money"
- 21 Dec 06:59 ASTON VILLA, Lambert: "Vlaar and Delph won't move"
- 21 Dec 00:00 LIVERPOOL, Manquillo: "We'll try our best for winning Europa League"
- 20 Dec 19:30 LIVERPOOL v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Last year's 5-1 defeat is a scar. We want to have continuity"
- 20 Dec 06:29 SOUTHAMPTON, Ramirez's agent: "He could move back to Italy"
- 19 Dec 19:00 ARSENAL, Bellerin: "My first games allow me to play freely now"
- 19 Dec 16:00 LIVERPOOL v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Slight chance for Monreal, we have hopes on Ox"
- 19 Dec 06:29 WEST HAM, Allardyce: "No rush for my new contract"
- 18 Dec 06:00 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Experience taught me to speak properly to teammates"
- 17 Dec 16:13 ARSENAL, Chambers: "I'm used to switching roles"
- 17 Dec 00:38 MANCHESTER CITY, Sagna: "I have played a few times at centre-back for Arsenal"
- 16 Dec 19:59 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Scoring against Newcastle has been the perfect way to celebrate my 30th"
- 16 Dec 11:12 ENGLAND, Henry announces retirement from football to join Sky Sports punditry team
- 16 Dec 06:19 QPR, Taarabt: "I miss Italy, I hope to come back soon"
- 15 Dec 18:30 ARSENAL, Flamini on victory over Newcastle: "We've got great quality, and needed to react after Stoke City mishap"
- 15 Dec 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "We may sign a striker in January"
- 14 Dec 01:30 ARSENAL, Giroud after victory over Newcastle: "Showing a strong mental reaction was important"
- 13 Dec 16:00 ARSENAL, Campbell: "Playing well here is easy, since you're surrounded by good players"
- 13 Dec 13:00 ARSENAL v NEWCASTLE, Preview - Wenger: "Ramsey will be out, Coquelin might be already lined up"
- 13 Dec 11:00 ARSENAL v NEWCASTLE, Preview - Pardew praises Wenger: "The ones who disrespect him at the train station should be ashamed. He's done a marvellous job at Arsenal"
- 13 Dec 09:00 ARSENAL v NEWCASTLE, Preview - Debuchy: "I can never thank Magpies enough. Their fans are amazing"
- 12 Dec 19:30 ARSENAL v NEWCASTLE, Preview - Wenger: "Pardew has done great things at Newcastle. There's a permanent tribunal on football managers nowadays"
- 12 Dec 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Campbell will stay"
- 11 Dec 17:59 ARSENAL v NEWCASTLE, Preview - Wenger: "Still several defenders missing. Walcott is recovering, nothing true about Wilshere's setback"
- 11 Dec 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "Mirallas going nowhere"
- 10 Dec 12:45 ARSENAL, Ramsey on CL: "I told myself: why not have a go?"
- 10 Dec 10:51 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We substituted Ramsey as a precautionary measure"
- 10 Dec 06:29 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "I as about to join Roma"
- 09 Dec 15:48 GALATASARAY v ARSENAL, CL Special Preview - Wenger reveals line-up: "Szczesny and Debuchy are back and will play"
- 09 Dec 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Poyet: "I would love to sign Borini"
- 08 Dec 00:00 MANCHESTER CITY, Pellegrini: "We'll soon know better about Aguero's injury"
- 07 Dec 06:59 QPR, Redknapp: "Difficult to take Austin in case of relegation"
- 06 Dec 15:00 ARSENAL, Giroud on Welbeck: "We are quite complementary. Playing together with such good player is easy"
- 06 Dec 12:00 STOKE CITY v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on Sanchez: "Alexis is a great guy, he'll soon need a break"
- 06 Dec 09:00 STOKE CITY v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "They've got a different style from ours. It's always tough against Potters"
- 06 Dec 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Hart will renew"
- 05 Dec 18:48 ARSENAL, Flamini on winning over Southampton: "A perfect game from us, I'm really proud of my teammates"
- 05 Dec 06:29 CHELSEA, Cech's agent: "No contacts with Roma"
- 04 Dec 12:48 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Drogba is here and will finish his career with us"
- 04 Dec 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Gerrard: "My future? I'll decide when I'm ready"
- 03 Dec 17:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We want to be competitive in every game"
- 03 Dec 16:15 ARSENAL v SOUTHAMPTON, Special Preview - Wenger: "Cazorla is at his own top. I was pleased by our attitude in latest games"
- 03 Dec 14:45 ARSENAL v SOUTHAMPTON, Special Preview - Wenger: "Small doubts on lining up Koscielny"
- 03 Dec 13:27 ARSENAL v SOUTHAMPTON, Special Preview - Chambers: "Facing my old club will be a bit weird. I owe a lot to Saints"
- 03 Dec 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "McCarthy will remain for a long time"
- 02 Dec 17:45 ARSENAL, Welbeck: "Thanks to Cazorla for my goal against WBA. Wenger has got a lot of options in the roster"
- 02 Dec 13:45 ARSENAL, Wenger on Southampton: "They've got a great defensive stability. In March we'll know if they can be in Top 4"
- 02 Dec 06:29 SWANSEA, Monk: "Bony? We are not a selling club..."
- 01 Dec 06:29 MAN. CITY, Lampard: "No news about my future"
- 30 Nov 06:59 ASTON VILLA, Lambert: "Delph could leave"
- 29 Nov 17:00 ARSENAL, Man of the match Cazorla on victory over WBA: "Important result, now we need to play the same way"
- 29 Nov 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "A few months ago I was the manager of the year..."
- 28 Nov 20:37 WBA v ARSENAL, Special Preview - Wenger: "We need balance between attacking and defending. WBA's technical level is really good"
- 28 Nov 15:00 WBA v ARSENAL, Special Preview - Wenger on team news: "Szczesny out, Koscielny might start"
- 28 Nov 06:29 STOKE, Bojan: "Back to Barça? I can't close any door"
- 27 Nov 18:28 ARSENAL, Medical report on Wilshere: surgery done
- 26 Nov 18:02 ARSENAL v BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Special CL Preview - Chambers: "We'll heed Dortmund warning"
- 26 Nov 17:18 ARSENAL v BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Special CL Preview - Wenger: "We know how it works with criticisms. I strongly believe in my players"
- 26 Nov 13:00 ARSENAL v BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Special CL Preview - Wenger: "Koscielny is back. I don't know if Welbeck starts"
- 26 Nov 11:00 ARSENAL v BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Special CL Preview - Ramsey: "Now I feel sharp again. Goals will come"
- 25 Nov 16:00 ARSENAL v BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Special CL Preview - Szczesny: "We need to be careful to their counter-attacking skills"
- 24 Nov 14:15 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "We can defeat Dortmund at Emirates and qualify for CL final 16"
- 24 Nov 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "No offers for Cech"
- 23 Nov 06:59 SOTHAMPTON, Koeman: "Schneiderlin's future? We'll see,,"
- 23 Nov 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger after United failure: "We dominated for most of the game"
- 22 Nov 06:59 SWANSEA, Monk: "We are seeking a forward"
- 21 Nov 06:19 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "I have asked Khedira to join me"
- 20 Nov 20:14 ARSENAL,Flamini on 200 games and 'feeling young'
- 20 Nov 20:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "The main thing for a midfielder is being intelligent. I'm inspired by Xabi, Iniesta and Xabi Alonso"
- 20 Nov 17:45 ARSENAL, Arteta on Welbeck: "His technical skills surprised me"
- 20 Nov 06:29 QPR, Redknapp: "Defoe? We'll see,,"
- 19 Nov 14:00 ARSENAL, Walcott: "Sometimes I get nervous watching my teammates' games"
- 19 Nov 12:30 ARSENAL, Ramsey: "Games against United and Dortmund might get us on top"
- 19 Nov 06:29 STOKE CITY, Coates: "Arnautović will stay"
- 18 Nov 06:19 MAN. UTD, De Gea turns out transfer rumors
- 17 Nov 19:00 ARSENAL, Arteta: "Now we must be all ready to fight. This season has been a rollercoaster up to now"
- 17 Nov 15:27 ARSENAL, Debuchy: "I want to be back in December. I'm improving a lot here, quality-wise"
- 17 Nov 06:29 MAN. UTD, Di Maria: "PSG was an option, but.."
- 16 Nov 06:59 TOTTENHAM, Lloris: "Pochettino is not to blame"
- 16 Nov 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on NT specificities: "Poland have very good goalies, Italians defend better. Spanish ones are the most technical, English go on fighting spirit, German are balanced"
- 15 Nov 06:29 WEST HAM, Gold: "Zarate doesn't want to leave"
- 14 Nov 06:19 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini's agent: "No contacts with Napoli"
- 13 Nov 06:15 Southampton, Schneiderlin: "I want to play for a big club"
- 12 Nov 19:29 ARSENAL, Ospina: "I started as a striker. I'm doing my best in one of the best clubs worldwide"
- 12 Nov 06:19 MAN. UTD, Anderson: "I could move back to Grèmio"
- 11 Nov 19:30 MANCHESTER UNITED, Mata: "Valdes is training with reserve squad, hope we'll know more about him soon"
- 10 Nov 17:23 ARSENAL, Olsson: "The most important thing is that I get to play on as high level "
- 10 Nov 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Lamela: "I could have moved back to Italy"
- 09 Nov 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I didn't want Fabianski to leave. Swansea are a tough opponent"
- 08 Nov 13:00 SWANSEA v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Walcott needs some time"
- 08 Nov 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "We don't want to sell Touré"
- 26 Dec 00:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Also Verona after Brillante
- 25 Dec 23:00 ITALY/ INTER, Leiva likely to join
- 25 Dec 22:00 SPAIN/ ALMERIA, Eyes on Wölfli
- 25 Dec 21:00 FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Four clubs after Sala
- 25 Dec 20:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Done per Karius
- 25 Dec 19:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Atalanta, steps forward towards Pinilla
- 25 Dec 18:00 ARSENAL v QPR, Boxing Day Preview - Wenger: "Balance in rotation is very hard to find"
- 25 Dec 17:00 ITALY/ INTER, Paulinho more and more likely to join from Tottenham
- 25 Dec 16:00 FRANCE/ OM, Eyes on Sanson
- 25 Dec 15:00 HOLLAND/ AZ, Also Fiorentina after Hoedt
- 25 Dec 14:00 ENGLAND/ WIGAN, Also Deportivo after Riera
- 25 Dec 13:00 ITALY/ JUVE, Agreement with Rolando
- 25 Dec 12:00 FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Eyes on two Bayern players
- 25 Dec 11:00 SWEDEN/ HACKEN, Two Italian clubs after Gustafsson
- 25 Dec 10:00 FRANCE/ MONACO, Kurzawa and Moutinho intended to stay
- 25 Dec 09:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Possible swap with Torino
- 25 Dec 08:30 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Trying to extend Danilo's deal
- 25 Dec 07:57 ITALY/ PARMA, Jorquera underwent surgery
- 25 Dec 07:27 BORDEAUX, Triaud: "We'll sign at least two players"
- 25 Dec 06:59 WOLFSBURG, Perisic's agent: "Nothing concrete with Inter"
- 25 Dec 06:29 QPR, Redknapp: "Defoe? You never know.."
- 25 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Neymar's agent: "Ready to sign the new contract"
- 25 Dec 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Gabbiadini won't be our only signing"
- 24 Dec 23:27 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Zola is Cagliari new coach
- 24 Dec 22:57 GERMANY/ WERDER, Interest for Okotie
- 24 Dec 22:29 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Done for Cerci
- 24 Dec 21:59 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Keen on Jesé
- 24 Dec 21:30 FRANCE/ NICE, Agreement for Ben Arfa
- 24 Dec 21:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Gilardino could come back
- 24 Dec 20:37 GERMANY/ HERTHA, Lead on Soudani
- 24 Dec 20:17 ARGENTINA/ RIVER, Viudez likely to join
- 24 Dec 19:59 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Idea Cofie
- 24 Dec 19:39 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Rodriguez likely to join
- 24 Dec 19:20 RUSSIA/ DYNAMO, Dzsudzsák towards Germany
- 24 Dec 19:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Brkic
- 24 Dec 18:45 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Haller joins Utrecht
- 24 Dec 18:30 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Bressan about to join
- 24 Dec 18:15 PORTUGAL/ BRAGA, Eyes on Varela
- 24 Dec 18:00 FRANCE/ LORIENT, Signed Ndong
- 24 Dec 17:46 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Modric could come back in January
- 24 Dec 17:32 ENGLAND/ QPR, No chance to sign Townsend
- 24 Dec 17:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I won't comment on any player linked to here"
- 24 Dec 17:00 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Done for Jonathan Rodriguez
- 24 Dec 16:44 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW- Samp: thinking again about Puggioni
- 24 Dec 16:30 FRANCE/ PSG, Blanc observing De Bruyne
- 24 Dec 16:14 ITALY/ MILAN, Torres ready to cut his wage in order to come back to Madrid
- 24 Dec 16:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We can't buy Messi because of FFP"
- 24 Dec 15:44 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Deal extensions for Westermann and Drobny
- 24 Dec 15:31 ITALY/ MILAN, Galliani about Cerci: "Nothing for the moment, in the future..."
- 24 Dec 15:15 ENGLAND/ INTER, Paulinho set for Spurs exit
Interviewed by Arsenal Player, Gunners manager Arséne Wenger talked about tomorrow Premier League clash against Quees Park Rangers at Emirates Stadium: “Playing in Boxing Day is a shock to the system for everybody who is not used to it. They are mentally used to
Interviewed by Radio Kiss Kiss, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has declared: "Will Gabbiadini be my Christmas present for Benitez? Until
Interviewed by Esports97Nit, Valencia midfielder Javi Fuego has declared: "I have no intention to leave. I still have a lot to give to this team
Interviewed by Arsenal Player, Gunners manager Arséne Wenger talked about tomorrow Premier League clash against Quees Park Rangers at Emirates
Benfica 20-year-old Bernardo Silva, currently on loan at Monaco, has declared: "I am happy here, my team mates and the fans have welcomed me, I f
Interviewed by FcInternews.it, Tonci Martic, agent of Wolfsburg winger Ivan Perisic, has declared: "Perisic could join Inter if there would be an