ARSENAL, Wenger: "Podolski is deadly when there's a chance"
03.09.2012 12.00 by TM W
on the performance…
Overall I am pleased with the quality of our performance, offensively and defensively. In our first two games you could feel some potential but we lacked a little spark and that is getting better now. We come out of the game with the feeling we had a good performance but there is also a good potential and team energy and that is always very interesting because there is something to work on.
on goals for the new signings…
Everybody understood very quickly that Cazorla would not take six months to settle and Podolski is deadly when there is a chance, you see that in training. He showed good team work as well today, and I am pleased for them. Just Giroud needs a goal, but as long as the team wins we know that will come.
on another clean sheet...
As long as that record lasts, the more everybody does defensively because they want to keep the record going. Football is always a good lesson in humility because we had the No 1 and two goalkeepers out and went to Stoke and Liverpool and haven't conceded a goal. You never know in the game but when you have a good work rate and spirit in the team, you have a chance.
on the international break...
It is not very welcome for us but that is the fixture list, we can't decide about that.
on Brendan Rodgers' task...
I faced that [pressure] last year in the same period. He has just arrived at the club, the expectation level is very high but you just want to tell people to stay confident and stand behind the man. When it comes to a big club it is important for him to feel that the people around him trust him and I am sure he will turn it around.
on Abou Diaby...
You can see it is massive for us because he is a tremendous football player. He has absolutely everything you want in midfield. He hasn't played for a year but he had a good pre-season where we had him 45 minutes every three days and now he looks in good shape. There is more to come from him but what he has shown today is very good.
on whether he was worried about him...
I was worried about him highly but I always stood behind him because not only is he a fantastic football player but a fantastic guy as well. Let's hope he survives the break because the national team travel a lot, play two games in four days and let's hope he comes back in good shape.
on Jack Wilshere...
He is looking very good in training. Close? It depends what you call close. I would still give him a month. But it looks very good. In a month he should be starting to play again.
on his ideal midfield...
Look at our midfield; you have Arteta, Cazorla, Diaby, Wilshere, Coquelin, Rosicky, Ramsey. There is a fight for places and there is quality.
on comparisons to April's game at Anfield...
It is difficult. Today I felt we were more composed, we dominated in midfield and that gave us a good stability. We scored first as well in the first half. I still feel Liverpool are a good team because I saw them against Manchester City and they deserved to win the game. You have to trust the team and they will come back.
on whether the team is stronger than 12 months ago...
It is too early. I am confident we have good potential and it is down to us to improve, there a lot of things to work on. There is a good potential there.
on Theo Walcott...
Today we had Walcott, Gervinho, Santos, Ramsey on the bench and we had players at home as well. They will play.
on injury news...
Oxlade-Chamberlain had a kick but he is OK. Vermaelen had a kick as well, he should be alright.
Other news Premier League (England)
- 26 May 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Owning party decide: onward with Brendan Rodgers
- 26 May 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We need to sign a midfielder"
- 25 May 09:39 CHELSEA, Drogba: "Goodbye Blues, I hope I'll be back in a different role someday"
- 25 May 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini's agent: "He'll stay"
- 24 May 07:29 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "I expect Benteke to stay"
- 23 May 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "I hope Begovic will stay"
- 22 May 07:29 LIVERPOOL, Ayre: "Door always open for Gerrard"
- 21 May 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "We wanted to sign Depay"
- 20 May 06:19 WEST HAM, Gold: "We'll sign five players"
- 19 May 14:20 QPR/ OFFICIAL, Chris Ramsey signs new contract as first team manager
- 19 May 06:29 MAN. UTD, Valdés: "I am happy here"
- 18 May 06:29 MAN CITY, Pellegrini: "Touré is happy here"
- 17 May 09:30 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We'd like to keep De Gea, but.."
- 16 May 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Aguero not for sale"
- 15 May 16:59 BREAKING NEWS - WEST HAM, The new project is more and more of a temptation for Rafa Benitez
- 15 May 06:19 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "We don't need to sell our players"
- 14 May 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Reed: "I think Clyne will stay"
- 13 May 06:19 CHELSEA, Cech's agent: "We are in talks with Besiktas"
- 12 May 12:36 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Nathan: "A dream is coming true"
- 12 May 12:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "This shows how brutal football can be"
- 12 May 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Advocaat: "This is my last job"
- 11 May 06:29 LEICESTER, Pearson: "I would like to keep Cambiasso"
- 10 May 10:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I am in Abramovich's hands"
- 09 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Cazorla is an example for small-size players"
- 09 May 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Touré has a contract"
- 08 May 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "No offers for Schneiderlin"
- 07 May 19:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Depay targets trophies: "Dream, Believe, Achieve"
- 06 May 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Clyne: "I am happy here"
- 05 May 18:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Ozil and Sanchez were great against Hull. Wilshere? He found his burst again"
- 05 May 17:48 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "Premier League second place would lay a marker for us"
- 05 May 06:19 LIVERPOLL, Skrtel's agent: "No contacts with Napoli"
- 04 May 15:00 ARSENAL, Sanchez could miss 2015/16 season start
- 04 May 06:29 CHELSEA, Courtois: "Real Madrid? I'm happy here"
- 02 May 11:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal: "Di Maria has been going through a lot of troubles, but he's working very hard"
- 01 May 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Lamela: "I am happy here"
- 30 Apr 06:39 CHELSEA, Obi Mikel's agent: "Real Madrid? No comment"
- 29 Apr 12:30 MANCHESTER CITY, Yaya Tourè out two weeks
- 29 Apr 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Reed: "We won't sell out best players"
- 28 Apr 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "Depay? We'll see"
- 27 Apr 17:24 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "I'll always be grateful to Arsenal"
- 27 Apr 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "We need a new striker"
- 26 Apr 11:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "I am not leaving"
- 25 Apr 06:29 WEST HAM, Song: "I want to remain in England"
- 24 Apr 06:57 PSG, Thiago Motta's agent: "Inter? Just rumours"
- 24 Apr 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I expect to stay"
- 23 Apr 17:00 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers on Henderson after renewal: "Now we must start challenging for titles and trophies"
- 23 Apr 06:29 MAN. CITY, Sagna: "I don't want to leave"
- 22 Apr 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Skrtel: "I am going nowhere"
- 21 Apr 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "We need to keep Begovic"
- 20 Apr 06:29 MAN. CITY, Touré's agent: "Two clubs have asked for him"
- 19 Apr 11:59 EVERTON, Mirallas: "I am happy here"
- 18 Apr 14:00 ARSENAL, Arteta: "I want to get back fit. My renewal? It can take 5 minutes"
- 18 Apr 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "Begovic will stay"
- 17 Apr 06:19 SWANSEA, Monk: "West Ham? They already have a great manager"
- 16 Apr 06:19 LEICESTER, Mahrez's agent: "Villarreal are after him"
- 14 Apr 18:00 LIVERPOOL, Sakho injured
- 14 Apr 11:25 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney: "We targeted City's lazy midfielders"
- 11 Apr 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Muto? Football is marke
- 09 Apr 11:55 ARSENAL, the latest team news ahead of Saturday's game against Burnley
- 09 Apr 06:39 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "Tottenham told porkies before sacking me"
- 07 Apr 06:29 MAN. UTD, Herrera: "I hope to remain for many years"
- 06 Apr 06:29 EVERTON, Lukaku's agent: "He will join a top club"
- 05 Apr 10:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Cech deserves a new prospective"
- 04 Apr 06:29 LEICESTER, Cambiasso: "I am happy here, but.."
- 02 Apr 12:30 ARSENAL, Debuchy returns to training
- 31 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Coates: "We want to keep Begovic"
- 30 Mar 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We're in talks for Walcott's new deal"
- 29 Mar 12:59 LIVERPOOL, Henderson: "Relaxed about my new deal"
- 28 Mar 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "It's a shame De Bruyne is gone"
- 27 Mar 14:56 ARSENAL, Gabriel: "I’ve always wanted to defend"
- 27 Mar 11:55 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New injury blow for Sturridge
- 27 Mar 06:19 EVERTON, Lennon: "I'm not in talks for a long-term deal"
- 26 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Adam: "I am ready to renew"
- 25 Mar 14:12 GERMANY, Low insists on Ozil landing to Berlin with Arsenal boss Wenger's permission
- 25 Mar 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to play with Vertonghen again"
- 24 Mar 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "We don't want to lose Lukaku"
- 23 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Lampard: "Too early to talk of firing Pellegrini"
- 22 Mar 10:59 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I've been in talks with Liverpool in the past"
- 19 Mar 20:16 ARSENAL, Ozil staying with Gunners
- 19 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "Inter? Never say never"
- 18 Mar 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger on Champions League last-16 exit
- 17 Mar 18:13 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "Little details could be key"
- 17 Mar 16:30 MAN UTD, Smalling: "We want Champions back here at Old Trafford"
- 17 Mar 16:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Carrick to target second place
- 17 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Allen: "Good signs regarding my new deal"
- 16 Mar 13:07 ARSENAL, Giroud: "I'll answer critics against Monaco"
- 16 Mar 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Di Maria is happy here"
- 15 Mar 10:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "No hurry for Sterling's new deal"
- 14 Mar 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to stay"
- 13 Mar 06:19 STOKE CITY, Bregovic: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 12 Mar 14:45 MANCHESTER CITY, Demichelis after renewal: "I'll keep fighting and trying to win titles for City"
- 12 Mar 06:29 QPR, Ferdinand: "We would like to keep Austin, but.."
- 11 Mar 11:30 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Loan star Radamel Falcao fails to shine for U21s
- 11 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Milner must make a decision"
- 10 Mar 13:00 ARSENAL, Monreal: "I was so pleased with my goal"
- 10 Mar 06:30 LIVERPOOL, Johnson: "I would like to move abroad"
- 09 Mar 09:48 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Monday's result will affect Premier League run in"
- 09 Mar 06:29 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "Nothing sure about my future"
- 08 Mar 09:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 07 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers turns out transfer rumors
- 26 May 13:00 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Weighing up a cash offer for Cerci
- 26 May 12:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Fofana renews for Stade Reims
- 26 May 12:30 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Ricardo Carvalho in need to cut in half fee for renewing
- 26 May 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Owning party decide: onward with Brendan Rodgers
- 26 May 12:00 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Midtjylland sign Kian Hansen
- 26 May 11:45 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Di Matteo resigns from Schalke 04
- 26 May 11:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Abdou Traoré extends for Bordeaux
- 26 May 11:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Inter and Atletico Madrid challenge AC Milan on Brazilian talent Geuvanio
- 26 May 11:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, 2 players might be signed soon from Swindon Town
- 26 May 10:37 BREAKING NEWS - ITALY/ AC MILAN, Talks for Mandzukic intensifying
- 26 May 10:17 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Bastos renews for Sao Paulo
- 26 May 09:59 RUSSIA/ MORDOVIA SARANSK, Survey on Roncaglia
- 26 May 09:39 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho plans offer for taking Juventus over on Baba
- 26 May 09:20 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Antonio Valencia might join Valencia
- 26 May 09:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, FC Porto sign Bueno
- 26 May 08:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Renard is Lille new coach
- 26 May 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Barzagli injured
- 26 May 07:27 RENNES, Montanier: "Gourcuff would be welcome"
- 26 May 06:59 WERDER, Eichin: "Petersen? It depends from Freiburg"
- 26 May 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We need to sign a midfielder"
- 26 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "Mi future? In two weeks"
- 26 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We like Mandzukic"
- 25 May 23:27 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Ancelotti is no longer Real's coach
- 25 May 22:57 TURKEY/ BURSASPOR, Eyes on Botta
- 25 May 22:29 CHILE/ OFFICIAL, Deportes Antofagasta sign Ramos
- 25 May 21:59 GREECE/ OLYMPIACOS, Keen on Sabaly
- 25 May 21:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Valencia sign Cancelo
- 25 May 21:00 CHILE/ OFFICIAL, Olarra renews with Audax
- 25 May 20:37 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Guerrero joining
- 25 May 20:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Zorniger is Stuttgart new coach
- 25 May 19:59 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Two clubs after Rizzo
- 25 May 19:39 GERMANY/ WERDER, Interest for Wiedwald
- 25 May 19:20 ITALY/ GENOA, Fossati likely to join
- 25 May 19:00 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Kuchuk is no longer Kuban coach
- 25 May 18:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Kranevitter
- 25 May 18:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Stevens quits Stuttgart
- 25 May 18:15 ITALY/ ROMA, Contacts for Benalouane
- 25 May 18:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Done for Gil
- 25 May 17:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Eyes on Dani Alves
- 25 May 17:30 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Gilardino will stay
- 25 May 17:15 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Idea Perin
- 25 May 16:59 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, 90 mlns for Sergio Aguero
- 25 May 16:53 ITALY/ MAN CITY, Tourè's agent: "He will stay"
- 25 May 16:45 ITALY/ AC MILA, Galliani: "Ancelotti is a legend of our club, but I'm here for other things"
- 25 May 15:14 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Merse: "Benteke would suit Blues"
- 25 May 15:00 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Walcott calling: renewal on one side, Reds-Blues duel on the other
- 25 May 14:48 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Working on Bilal
- 25 May 14:36 FRANCE/ PSG, DI Maria getting nearer
- 25 May 14:24 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, A new Italian and a new English suitor for Eder
- 25 May 14:12 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Iago Falqué on target
While Atletico Madrid aren't supposed to get him back from his loan contract, lasting until June 2016, for AC Milan, Italian international winger and forward Alessio Cerci (27), who will be however valued during summer training camp by the one who will be Rossoneri new manage
AC Milan Chief Executive Adriano Galliani has declared: "Mandzukic? We like him a lot. Real Madrid? I have many friends there and we are in good
As reported by Marca, Atletico Madrid 31-year-old striker Fernando Torres has declared: "I would like to end my career at Atletico. I believe in
Manager of Liverpool since June 2012, English 42 years old Brendan Rodgers, after long talks with Reds owning party and repeated reflections from
Rennes coach Philippe Montanier has declared about 28-year-old attacking midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, intended to leave OL: "I like the player a lo
Managing Schalke 04 since October 2014, Swiss-Italian 45 years old Roberto Di Matteo resigned from his charge at German club. The departure of fo