REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 11.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 23 Apr 11:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Filipe Luís: "Chelsea? The return leg is completely open"
- 23 Apr 06:00 MALAGA, Husillos: "We want to keep Iakovenko"
- 22 Apr 16:15 ATLETICO MADRID,Juanfran: "We can win the double"
- 22 Apr 06:00 ATHLETIC, Valverde: "A future at Barça? I have a contract"
- 21 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi will stay"
- 20 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Sanchez's agent: "No problems with Martino"
- 19 Apr 06:00 VALENCIA, Romeu: "My future? It's up to Chelsea"
- 18 Apr 06:00 ESPANYOL, Casilla: "I'm not worried about my future"
- 17 Apr 08:21 BARCELONA, Bartra: "This defeat saddens us because we fought until the end"
- 17 Apr 08:12 BARCELONA, Xavi: "Madrid hurt us on counterattack"
- 16 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Torres would like to come back here"
- 15 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Puyol: "I don't think I will stay"
- 14 Apr 09:45 BARCELONA FC, Zubizarreta: "Messi's renewal? Things are going quite well"
- 11 Apr 19:45 BARCELONA, Bartra out of Granada squad
- 11 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I don't want to leave"
- 10 Apr 17:15 BAYERN MUNICH, Robben: "We did well and deserved the 3-1 victory"
- 10 Apr 14:45 REAL MADRID, CR7 injured
- 10 Apr 12:17 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I do not know if Atletico deserved this win"
- 10 Apr 06:00 CELTA, Rafinha: "I am not in talks with Barça"
- 09 Apr 06:00 RAYO, Longo's agent: "He is happy in Spain"
- 08 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois elusive about his future
- 07 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Zubizarreta has no fault"
- 06 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "I am not resigning"
- 05 Apr 06:00 GRANADA, Pina: "No agreement with Real for Siqueira"
- 04 Apr 06:00 BETIS, Reyes: "I would stay even in the Second division"
- 03 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Pinto: "My future? I live day by day"
- 02 Apr 08:45 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti prepares Madrid for Dortmund reprise
- 02 Apr 08:34 ATLETICO MADRID, Gabi: "This was probably the biggest match I've played at the Camp Nou"
- 02 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "He won't leave"
- 01 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Alves: "I want to continue here"
- 31 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Real? I'll stay here or move to Chelsea"
- 30 Mar 06:59 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Many clubs after Diego Costa"
- 29 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi won't leave, as well as Martino"
- 28 Mar 06:00 GETAFE, Sarabia: "Honored of United's interest, but.."
- 27 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "No contacts with Napoli"
- 26 Mar 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Griezmann: "No contacts with PSG"
- 25 Mar 06:00 VALLADOLID, Rossi: "I would like to stay, but.."
- 24 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Villa: "The one in Brazil would be my last World Cup"
- 23 Mar 06:29 REAL SOCIEDAD, Vela: "Don't know much about my future"
- 22 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Valdes: "Martino will stay"
- 21 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, D. Lopez: "I want to stay"
- 20 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa: "I hope to be back for the CL final"
- 19 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo will end his career here"
- 18 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I also dream to train the Italian NT"
- 17 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "Here forever? I don't know"
- 16 Mar 06:29 CELTA, Mouriño: "We would like to keep Rafinha"
- 15 Mar 06:29 BETIS, Didac Vila's agent: "His future? Soon we'll see.."
- 14 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I could remain forever"
- 13 Mar 10:08 BARCELONA, Messi: "We're back to our best "
- 13 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Pogba? Why not?!"
- 23 Apr 21:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Willing to sign Darmian back
- 23 Apr 20:20 ARGENTINA/ RIVER PLATE, 2 Spanish Liga suitors for Carbonero
- 23 Apr 20:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Diouf offered by 2 Serie A clubs
- 23 Apr 19:45 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Bastos to Hannover?
- 23 Apr 19:30 ARGENTINA/ NEWELL'S OLD BOYS, Trezeguet's agent
- 23 Apr 19:15 ITALY/ CATANIA, Eyes on Jonathas
- 23 Apr 19:00 GERMANY/ HOFFENHEIM, Agreement with Baumann
- 23 Apr 18:45 ITALY/ INTER, Back for Vrsaljko
- 23 Apr 18:30 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Jardim about to renew
- 23 Apr 18:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Koulibaly likely to join
- 23 Apr 18:00 GERMANY/ HOFFENHEIM, Sprint for Kim
- 23 Apr 17:45 ITALY/ INTER, Interest for M'Bia
- 23 Apr 17:20 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Also Hertha after Contento
- 23 Apr 17:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, English duo after Cuadrado
- 23 Apr 17:00 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Servette, Cantaluppi stays until the end of season
- 23 Apr 16:46 ITALY/ LAZIO, Tare tracking Ajeti of Basilea
- 23 Apr 16:33 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Demichelis: "I hope that I can end my career at River Plate"
- 23 Apr 16:18 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Also Aston Villa interested in Darder
- 23 Apr 15:59 JUVENTUS, 23-man travelling party for Benfica
- 23 Apr 15:44 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Ameobi accuses Magpies chiefs of 'hurting' the club
- 23 Apr 15:31 CHELSEA, Cahill: "Respectful of how good and strong Atlético have been"
- 23 Apr 15:10 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Meeting with Djuricic's agent
- 23 Apr 14:49 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Sandro: "I'm happy here"
- 23 Apr 14:36 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Nürnberg: axed Verbeek
- 23 Apr 14:15 AC MILAN, Muntari: "We have to keep on doing well”
- 23 Apr 13:59 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juve-Sanchez: here the details
- 23 Apr 13:43 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Man Utd: Scholes back to assist Giggs
- 23 Apr 13:32 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Calhanoglu is the first market target
- 23 Apr 13:16 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Tim Krul considering summer exit from St James' Park
- 23 Apr 13:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Allofs opens to Naldo renewal
- 23 Apr 12:44 ENGLAND/ BORUSSIA D, Kehl out for 2 weeks
- 23 Apr 12:33 ENGLAND/ BORUSSIA D., Liverpool observing Mkhitaryan
- 23 Apr 12:16 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ayre: "Champions will change out market"
- 23 Apr 12:02 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Observing Jack Cork
- 23 Apr 11:46 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Eye on Eric Dier
- 23 Apr 11:34 ENGLAND/ CHELSA, Čech out for season
- 23 Apr 11:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Filipe Luís: "Chelsea? The return leg is completely open"
- 23 Apr 11:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, De Sciglio more and more inclined to leave
- 23 Apr 10:45 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Duel to Napoli and Inter for Fernando
- 23 Apr 10:41 FIFA/ SPAIN, Barcelona appeal granted suspensive effect
- 23 Apr 10:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI: New chances for Agger, if Benitez stays
- 23 Apr 10:15 ITALY/ PALERMO, Attempt for Luca Rigoni
- 23 Apr 10:00 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Wolf set to renew
- 23 Apr 09:45 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Suggestion for Tello
- 23 Apr 09:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 3 Serie A suitors for Marcio Rozario
- 23 Apr 09:15 ITALY/ INTER, A new loan for Duncan in the viewfinder
- 23 Apr 09:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New attempt for Mkhitaryan ready
- 23 Apr 08:45 GERMANY/ DUISBURG, Two U.S. American players in testing
- 23 Apr 08:30 HAMBURG & CATANIA, Eyes on Jonathas
- 23 Apr 08:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Alexis Sanchez tempted to join: 2 facts to weigh up
According to what reported by Sport Mediaset, AC Milan management, since possibly letting both Ignazio Abate and Mattia De Sciglio leave, are willing to sign Italian international right backwing Matteo Darmian (24), who had been a youth player for Rossoneri. Currently on a...
Juve boss Antonio Conte has called up a 23-man Bianconeri group for the trip to face Benfica in Thursday 24 April’s Europa League...
Club Atlético de Madrid's players were in philosophical mood following Tuesday's 0-0 draw against Chelsea FC, Filipe Luís...
Defender Gary Cahill told UEFA.com that Chelsea FC were beginning to dream of a possible UEFA Champions League final, now they are just a game...
As reported by Sportmediaset, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has turned out the rumors regarding a possible future at Barcelona by...
Interviewed by L'Equipe, Monaco forward Dimitar Berbatov has declared: "My future? At the moment everything is fine, I play and score....