REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 12.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 17 Jan 12:44 MALAGA close to sign DEMICHELIS back
- 16 Jan 00:26 OFFICIAL - VALENCIA sign ZAZA
- 13 Jan 20:30 OFFICIAL - DEPORTIVO, Ola JOHN joins on loan from Benfica
- 13 Jan 12:10 OFFICIAL - CELTA VIGO sign Jozabed Sanchez and Dani Molina
- 12 Jan 17:33 SPORTING GIJON close to sign TIOTE from Newcastle
- 11 Jan 19:13 OFFICIAL - VALENCIA confirm VORO Gonzalez as first team manager
- 11 Jan 15:36 OFFICIAL - CELTA VIGO hand NARANJO out to GENK
- 10 Jan 16:08 OFFICIAL - Argentinian veteran DEMICHELIS resigns from ESPANYOL
- 10 Jan 11:28 OFFICIAL - FC SEVILLE sign LENGLET from AS Nancy
- 09 Jan 17:09 OFFICIAL - Algerian defender MEDJANI resigns from LEGANES
- 09 Jan 16:52 LAS PALMAS agree with Fiorentina on signing TOLEDO
- 07 Jan 20:36 OFFICIAL - MALAGA sign PENARANDA
- 06 Jan 22:21 EXCLUSIVE TMW - MALAGA target Deportivo Cali's PRECIADO
- 06 Jan 14:56 GRANADA - Arsenal loanee Jon TORAL might leave and join GLASGOW RANGERS
- 03 Jan 16:11 REAL BETIS - Musonda's father confirms son's leaving: it will be Chelsea or AS Roma
- 02 Jan 22:22 OFFICIAL - Bojan JOKIC resigns from VILLARREAL
- 30 Dec 17:37 MALAGA planning to sign JOKANOVIC as new boss in summer
- 30 Dec 14:19 ATLETICO MADRID & ALAVES - A Premier League top suitor for Theo HERNANDEZ
- 29 Dec 22:37 ATLETICO MADRID - CERCI in talks for a Serie A comeback
- 29 Dec 20:21 OFFICIAL - Leganés sign SIOVAS and 2 B squad players
- 28 Dec 22:06 OFFICIAL - Leganés sign SERANTES on a new contract
- 28 Dec 20:11 OFFICIAL - Marcelo ROMERO is MALAGA new manager
- 28 Dec 19:00 BARCELONA - Iniesta: "Retiring at Barcelona is my dream"
- 28 Dec 00:53 SPORTING GIJON - Attempt for Newcastle's TIOTE ready
- 24 Dec 06:37 BARCELONA -Luis Enrique: 'Melon d'Or' battle 'ridiculous'
- 24 Dec 02:25 ATLETICO MADRID - Simeone believes he will struggle to find a better club
- 23 Dec 12:10 REAL MADRID - 3 Liga suitors for Mariano DIAZ's loan
- 22 Dec 17:11 VILLARREAL - First attempt for GABIGOL failed
- 19 Dec 20:37 DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA - A big-time Turkish suitor for EMRE COLAK
- 17 Dec 22:36 EIBAR - 2 UK clubs pursuing Sergi ENRICH
- 16 Dec 22:45 EIBAR - 2 English and 1 German suitors for DANI GARCIA
- 14 Dec 23:15 FC SEVILLE - Lucas PRATTO on target
- 14 Dec 18:55 ESPANYOL - A top suitor for Gerard MORENO
- 14 Dec 17:28 REAL BETIS - A French suitor for Antonio ADAN
- 13 Dec 16:13 VILLARREAL - Cheryshev might be traded to DEPOR
- 12 Dec 13:48 DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA scouting Lens' ZOUBIR
- 10 Dec 04:35 VALENCIA - 2 suitors for Aussie goalie Mathew RYAN
- 09 Dec 19:26 FC SEVILLE, Kolodziejczak: "It's time for me to leave and start somenthing new"
- 07 Dec 20:37 FC SEVILLE challenged by Sporting Lisbon on signing VANGIONI
- 07 Dec 01:13 BARCELONA FC scouting Ajax talent CERNY
- 03 Dec 03:55 EXCLUSIVE TMW - LAS PALMAS challenge Serie A sides on ADEJO
- 02 Dec 13:55 REAL BETIS - Musonda to leave back to Chelsea in winter
- 01 Dec 19:19 6 Liga clubs keen on REAL MADRID new sensation Mariano DIAZ
- 01 Dec 16:40 ESPANYOL - ROBERTO Jimenez wants to leave in winter
- 30 Nov 12:00 BARCELONA - Mathieu out 20 days
- 29 Nov 22:17 OSASUNA - Eyes on ZACCARDO
- 26 Nov 14:37 3 Liga suitors on Stoke departee MUNIESA
- 24 Nov 13:39 ATHLETIC BILBAO planning to bring MERINO back to Spain
- 21 Nov 23:37 DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA consider bringing LUIS ALBERTO back
- 20 Nov 02:46 EXCLUSIVE TMW - REAL BETIS, Pezzella about to be signed on a new contract
- 19 Nov 02:29 MALAGA, Arnau: "BALOTELLI offered himself to us, but..."
- 18 Nov 14:04 BARCELONA - Luis Enrique: "I imagine Messi at Barça for many years"
- 18 Nov 10:01 FC SEVILLE want to sign Emmanuel MAS from San Lorenzo
- 18 Nov 03:41 MALAGA challenge Depor on CAICEDO
- 15 Nov 23:01 FC SEVILLE - Aleix VIDAL willing to join back
- 14 Nov 11:46 MALAGA - Doors open leading to ITURBE
- 14 Nov 05:46 VILLARREAL - New long-term contract for GASPAR on arrival
- 12 Nov 18:17 LAS PALMAS, Boateng: "I'm finally enjoying football and life here, ready for a new contract"
- 12 Nov 13:35 OFFICIAL - REAL BETIS announce new head coach
- 11 Nov 11:42 OFFICIAL - LAS PALMAS, 3 deal extensions and one renewal
- 10 Nov 15:47 VALENCIA scouting Miguel VELOSO
- 09 Nov 11:18 EXCLUSIVE TMW - REAL BETIS, Guidolin targeted for replacing Poyet
- 08 Nov 19:22 REAL MADRID - Eyes on Brazilian youngster from Corinthians
- 08 Nov 16:33 OFFICIAL - VILLARREAL sign Manu TRIGUEROS on a new contract
- 08 Nov 15:44 OFFICIAL - OSASUNA sack Enrique Martín
- 07 Nov 19:01 ATLETICO MADRID, Gameiro: "MSN are wonders, I'd never have played at Barça"
- 07 Nov 10:09 REAL MADRID - Zidane: "Ronaldo should retire at Real"
- 04 Nov 15:47 VILLAREAL - Pato: "The image of Milan will always Berlusconi"
- 03 Nov 17:01 VIDEO - 5 things... Real Madrid in fine form
- 02 Nov 23:07 REAL MADRID, Zidane: "We lacked a bit of everything"
- 02 Nov 07:57 ATLETICO MADRID, Griezmann: "We'll fight to be group leaders"
- 01 Nov 23:10 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: "Tight and tough clash"
- 01 Nov 09:50 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi? I don't know what will happen"
- 31 Oct 20:46 REAL MADRID - Bale: "Ronaldo deserves the Ballon d'Or"
- 30 Oct 19:05 Liga/ Sunday Afternoon FT scores, Matchaday 10
- 30 Oct 10:12 SEVILLA, Sampaoli: "We deserved more"
- 30 Oct 09:23 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: "It was a strange game"
- 29 Oct 23:04 BARCELONA - Fernandez: "We will extend the top player contracts in the end of the season"
- 29 Oct 00:49 FC SEVILLE might pursue KISHNA again
- 28 Oct 16:52 BARCELONA - Rafinha: "Neymar the victim of a media campaign"
- 28 Oct 14:48 ATLETICO MADRID keen on Ascacibar
- 26 Oct 22:37 FC SEVILLE - Eyes on Udinese/Watford talent PENARANDA
- 26 Oct 20:02 OFFICIAL - REAL MADRID, Lucas Vazquez extends his deal until 2021
- 26 Oct 19:06 BARCELONA - Mathieu injured: out for three weeks
- 25 Oct 21:04 FC SEVILLE still keen on HOFFENHEIM's Rudy
- 24 Oct 19:55 GRANADA - Andreas PEREIRA wants to join United back and play first team
- 21 Oct 20:21 VALENCIA keen on Las Palmas' Vicente GOMEZ
- 21 Oct 09:01 BARCELONA, Suarez: "I want to finish my career here"
- 20 Oct 18:33 OFFICIAL - FC SEVILLE sign B squad forward IVI on new contract
- 20 Oct 18:17 LAS PALMAS about to announce new contract for ROQUE MESA
- 19 Oct 21:03 REAL MADRID - Modric: "Our target is the league, but winning the Champions League..."
- 19 Oct 16:04 REAL BETIS challenge Sampdoria on Hungarian winger KADAR
- 19 Oct 08:12 BARCELONA, Guardiola: "Messi may decide a move to England"
- 17 Oct 14:39 BARCELONA FC announce NEYMAR will pen new contract next Friday
- 17 Oct 10:22 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: "Carrasco can be whatever he wants to be"
- 15 Oct 14:44 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: "Griezmann responded brilliantly to Ribery"
- 13 Oct 18:52 VALENCIA, Diego ALVES: "I want to sign a new contract for my current club. I know I save a lot of penalties, nonetheless they make me nervous"
- 13 Oct 17:06 REAL MADRID - Kroos: "My plan is to retire here"
- 13 Oct 11:47 OFFICIAL - ATHLETIC BILBAO, Markel Susaeta extends until 2019
- 12 Oct 11:43 OFFICIAL - SEVILLE, Lionel Scaloni joins Sampaoli's staff
As widely forecast, Swedish international left-back Martin Olsson (28), left Norwich City after three seasons and a half, has officially joined Swansea City. The player has been signed on a deal lasting until June 2019, including a further year extending option.
Playing for Cardiff City since 2011/12, Icelandic international central midfielder Aron Gunnarsson (27), according to Italian local news, has been tar
After having resigned from Espanyol just a week ago, former Argentinian international centre-back Martin Demichelis (36), according to Marca
As widely forecast, Swedish international left-back Martin Olsson (28), left Norwich City after three seasons and a half, has officially joined Swanse
Bastia SC announced having signed DR Congolese international midfielder Prince Oniangué (28) and French centre-back Lindsay
Formed in Wolfsburg development area, and playing in Bundesliga club second squad since the start of current season, German Under-20 international win