REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 13.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 01 Sep 11:44 REAL MADRID, Casillas: “We cannot let slip a 0-2 lead like that”
- 29 Aug 06:00 REAL, Ronaldo: "Two Important players have left"
- 28 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Suarez: "I have refused other offers to come here"
- 27 Aug 06:00 ESPANYOL, Collet: "There is an offer for Lopez"
- 26 Aug 12:45 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Neither Ronaldo nor Madrid in peak condition"
- 26 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Tremoulinas: "I feel no pressure"
- 25 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Di Maria will leave, Khedira will stay"
- 24 Aug 09:30 REAL MADRID, Khedira: "Leaving? Everything can happen"
- 23 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Fazio is leaving"
- 22 Aug 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "Enzo Perez would be perfect for us"
- 21 Aug 08:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Raul Garcia: "New players are welcome"
- 20 Aug 19:59 REAL MADRID, Modric: "My dream continues with my renewal"
- 20 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Not possible to sign Reus"
- 19 Aug 14:26 BARCELONA, Suarez: "My ban is what it is and we have to accept it"
- 19 Aug 06:00 VILLARREAL, Garcia Toral: "I think Musacchio will stay"
- 18 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Deulofeu's departure was my choice"
- 17 Aug 09:30 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Our transfer market is over"
- 14 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Alderweireld's father: "We are waiting for an offer"
- 13 Aug 06:00 REAL, Ancelotti: "Khedira is not for sale"
- 12 Aug 06:00 VILLARREAL, Victor Ruiz: "I had no doubts about coming"
- 11 Aug 15:44 BARCELONA, confirm Vermaelen is still carrying a hamstring injury
- 11 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "No offers for Dani Alves"
- 10 Aug 06:29 BARCELONA, Vermaelen: "I'm in a great club"
- 09 Aug 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We are in talks for Vargas"
- 08 Aug 06:00 CORDOBA, Rossi: "I am not thinking about Italy"
- 06 Aug 06:20 REAL MADRID, Navas: "This is the best club on the planet"
- 05 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Navas: "Being here is a great responsibility"
- 04 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "Saying no to Barça has not been easy"
- 03 Aug 09:29 VALENCIA, Espirito Santo: "Enzo Perez wants to join us"
- 02 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We will do something else one the market"
- 01 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "We are not after Callejon and Hernandez"
- 31 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Barbosa: "I didn't come to be a backup"
- 30 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Rakitic: "Happy that Xavi will stay"
- 29 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Bacca"
- 28 Jul 18:59 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Over and above individual prizes"
- 28 Jul 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Griezmann could help our team"
- 27 Jul 06:30 ATLETICO, Suarez: "I am happy here"
- 26 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "It will be difficult to replace Mathieu"
- 25 Jul 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Torres has a home here"
- 24 Jul 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "I am happy here"
- 23 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to honor my contract"
- 22 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Parejo: "I hope Mathieu will stay"
- 21 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Guardado's agent: "Offers from Italy and Russia"
- 20 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas: "I haven't signed for anyone yet"
- 19 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "Nothing with Benfica"
- 18 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "We want to keep Mathieu"
- 17 Jul 08:15 REAL MADRID, Khedira's agent: "We are not in talks with Arsenal"
- 16 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I want to honor my contract"
- 15 Jul 08:19 VALENCIA, Nuno: "Mathieu going nowhere"
- 14 Jul 08:15 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We'll sign other players"
- 13 Jul 08:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Carmona is not a priority"
- 11 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata: "I am looking forward to join Juventus"
- 10 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I would like to honor my contact"
- 08 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve is closer"
- 07 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas' agent: "Offers form Atletico and Porto"
- 04 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No more talks with Liverpool for Moreno"
- 03 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Adriano: "I would like to stay"
- 02 Jul 16:15 BARCELONA, Adriano keen on Barca stay
- 01 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Faus: "We can invest on the transfer market"
- 28 Jun 08:00 LEVANTE, Navas: "Atletico? It would be great"
- 26 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay for many years"
- 25 Jun 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 24 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "If Diego Costa leaves..."
- 23 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Di Maria: "Don't know anything about Juve"
- 22 Jun 08:29 ATLETICO, Godin: "I will stay"
- 21 Jun 08:00 REAL, Burgui: "Espanyol are after me"
- 19 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve? Nothing new"
- 18 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Sorry that I didn't have time to say good-bye"
- 16 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 14 Jun 08:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 13 Jun 08:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Vela wants to remain"
- 12 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 11 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about the new signings"
- 11 Jun 00:46 BRAZIL, Pele: "I love Xavi"
- 10 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Arda Turan's agent: "No contacts with Barcelona"
- 09 Jun 08:00 VALENCIA, Bernat's agent: "No offers from Porto"
- 08 Jun 08:30 SEVILLA, Castro: "We haven' sold or bought anyone"
- 07 Jun 08:00 SEVILLA, Moreno: "I have four years on my contract"
- 06 Jun 08:15 ATLETICO, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 05 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Who wants Diego Costa must pay his clause"
- 04 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Morata won't join Juve"
- 03 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "He won't move"
- 01 Jun 08:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Arrasate: "Difficult to keep Bravo"
- 31 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay"
- 30 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Diego Alves: "I'm about to sign a new contract"
- 29 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "No offers for Rakitic"
- 28 May 08:00 REAL, Di Maria: "I want to honor my contract"
- 27 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Wednesday I will sign a new contract"
- 26 May 20:00 BARCELONA,Halilovic thrilled to sign at Camp Nou
- 26 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Macherano: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 25 May 08:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Coke to Napoli? We have other plans"
- 23 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Mathieu: "My future? It's up to the club"
- 22 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Moving to Chelsea would be unhealthy"
- 21 May 17:47 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo chasing Merengues' 'décima' dream
- 21 May 15:44 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Please don’t compare me with Pep"
- 21 May 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I will remain"
- 20 May 17:31 REAL MADRID, Bale: "We're confident we can beat Atletico again"
- 20 May 16:26 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "'La Décima' is not an obsession"
- 20 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I am happy here"
- 19 May 08:00 RAYO, Jémez: "Few chances for me to stay"
- 02 Sep 19:48 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal: "Falcao is one of the best scorers around"
- 02 Sep 19:36 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Rennes sign Habib Habibou
- 02 Sep 19:24 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter loan Taider out again
- 02 Sep 19:12 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Tongo Doumbia joins Toulouse
- 02 Sep 19:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal announce Welbeck signing on a full basis
- 02 Sep 18:53 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sassuolo sign Consigli
- 02 Sep 18:46 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Cleverley joins Aston Villa from United
- 02 Sep 18:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Avramov joins Atalanta
- 02 Sep 18:32 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Konyaspor sign Belec
- 02 Sep 18:25 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Manchester United announce terms on Falcao deal
- 02 Sep 18:18 RUSSIA/ DYNAMO MOSCOW, Diakité might join
- 02 Sep 18:11 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea loan Chalobah out again
- 02 Sep 18:04 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland sign Ricky Alvarez on loan from Inter
- 02 Sep 17:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, West Ham sign Amalfitano
- 02 Sep 17:50 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Atalanta sign Papu Gomez
- 02 Sep 17:43 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool loan Coates out to Sunderland
- 02 Sep 17:36 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan sign Bonaventura
- 02 Sep 17:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Torino sign veteran goalie Castellazzi
- 02 Sep 17:22 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Borussia Dortmund loan Jonas Hofmann out
- 02 Sep 17:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan loan Gabriel to Serie B side Carpi
- 02 Sep 17:08 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Zaccardo stays at AC Milan
- 02 Sep 17:01 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Cabral set to be loaned out to soon
- 02 Sep 16:52 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Kagawa joins Borussia Dortmund back from United
- 02 Sep 16:43 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Borussia Dortmund: Durm extends
- 02 Sep 16:36 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Amauri joins Torino
- 02 Sep 16:29 ARSENAL, Good luck to Krisolsson on Twitter
- 02 Sep 16:24 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, El Ahmadi joins Feyenoord back
- 02 Sep 16:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Leicester City, from United arrives Powell
- 02 Sep 16:12 ITALY/ AC MILAN, In talks for De Jong's renewal
- 02 Sep 15:59 ENGLAND/ QPR, working Visa arrived for Kranjcar and Vargas
- 02 Sep 15:50 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Borini: "Finally the madness is finished"
- 02 Sep 15:22 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Falcao thanks all for the transfer
- 02 Sep 15:01 AS ROMA, Balzaretti about the injury: "I feel bad for my team-mates, I feel guilty"
- 02 Sep 13:50 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool: Assaidi on loan at Stoke City
- 02 Sep 13:40 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto: ami on loan to Braga
- 02 Sep 10:31 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Celtic sign Scepovic
- 02 Sep 10:14 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City: arrives Ben Arfa
- 02 Sep 10:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Southampton: arrives Mané
- 02 Sep 09:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Doyle joins Crystal Palace
- 02 Sep 00:14 BAYERN MUNICH, Xabi Alonso: "Winning Champions League here would be a dream coming true"
- 01 Sep 22:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan: Torres to be introduced tomorrow
- 01 Sep 21:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Parma sign Zaccardo back from AC Milan
- 01 Sep 20:45 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hibernian sign Sinclair
- 01 Sep 20:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Holtby back to Bundes
- 01 Sep 20:15 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto loan Carlos Eduardo out to OGC Nice
- 01 Sep 19:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico Madrid loan Bono Bounou out to Zaragoza
- 01 Sep 19:48 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Radamel Falcao about to be announced
- 01 Sep 19:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fiorentina sign Kurtic
- 01 Sep 19:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City sign Abel Hernandez from Palermo
- 01 Sep 19:21 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica about to announce Cristante from AC Milan: the sum
Here are the first words released by Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal after having succeeded in signing Colombian star striker Radamel Falcao from AS Monaco: “I am delighted Radamel has joined us on loan this season. He is one of the most prolific goalscorers in the
The player of As Roma, Balzaretti wanted to hold this press conference to give the latest on his injury and explain what he's going through. "
Iker Casillas started in the Anoeta and spoke about Real Madrid‘s defeat in the Anoeta no sooner had the match finished: “The team was neg
Here are the first words released by Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal after having succeeded in signing Colombian star striker Radamel Falcao
Interviewed by Telefoot, PSG new defender David Luiz has declared: "I am sure that here I will be happier than at Barcelona or Bayern, because PS
Xabi Alonso has set his sights on winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich, after previously lifting the trophy with Liverpool and Real Madrid.