REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 13.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 20 Aug 19:59 REAL MADRID, Modric: "My dream continues with my renewal"
- 20 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Not possible to sign Reus"
- 19 Aug 14:26 BARCELONA, Suarez: "My ban is what it is and we have to accept it"
- 19 Aug 06:00 VILLARREAL, Garcia Toral: "I think Musacchio will stay"
- 18 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Deulofeu's departure was my choice"
- 17 Aug 09:30 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Our transfer market is over"
- 14 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Alderweireld's father: "We are waiting for an offer"
- 13 Aug 06:00 REAL, Ancelotti: "Khedira is not for sale"
- 12 Aug 06:00 VILLARREAL, Victor Ruiz: "I had no doubts about coming"
- 11 Aug 15:44 BARCELONA, confirm Vermaelen is still carrying a hamstring injury
- 11 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "No offers for Dani Alves"
- 10 Aug 06:29 BARCELONA, Vermaelen: "I'm in a great club"
- 09 Aug 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We are in talks for Vargas"
- 08 Aug 06:00 CORDOBA, Rossi: "I am not thinking about Italy"
- 06 Aug 06:20 REAL MADRID, Navas: "This is the best club on the planet"
- 05 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Navas: "Being here is a great responsibility"
- 04 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "Saying no to Barça has not been easy"
- 03 Aug 09:29 VALENCIA, Espirito Santo: "Enzo Perez wants to join us"
- 02 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We will do something else one the market"
- 01 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "We are not after Callejon and Hernandez"
- 31 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Barbosa: "I didn't come to be a backup"
- 30 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Rakitic: "Happy that Xavi will stay"
- 29 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Bacca"
- 28 Jul 18:59 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Over and above individual prizes"
- 28 Jul 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Griezmann could help our team"
- 27 Jul 06:30 ATLETICO, Suarez: "I am happy here"
- 26 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "It will be difficult to replace Mathieu"
- 25 Jul 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Torres has a home here"
- 24 Jul 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "I am happy here"
- 23 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to honor my contract"
- 22 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Parejo: "I hope Mathieu will stay"
- 21 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Guardado's agent: "Offers from Italy and Russia"
- 20 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas: "I haven't signed for anyone yet"
- 19 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "Nothing with Benfica"
- 18 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "We want to keep Mathieu"
- 17 Jul 08:15 REAL MADRID, Khedira's agent: "We are not in talks with Arsenal"
- 16 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I want to honor my contract"
- 15 Jul 08:19 VALENCIA, Nuno: "Mathieu going nowhere"
- 14 Jul 08:15 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We'll sign other players"
- 13 Jul 08:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Carmona is not a priority"
- 11 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata: "I am looking forward to join Juventus"
- 10 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I would like to honor my contact"
- 08 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve is closer"
- 07 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas' agent: "Offers form Atletico and Porto"
- 04 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No more talks with Liverpool for Moreno"
- 03 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Adriano: "I would like to stay"
- 02 Jul 16:15 BARCELONA, Adriano keen on Barca stay
- 01 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Faus: "We can invest on the transfer market"
- 28 Jun 08:00 LEVANTE, Navas: "Atletico? It would be great"
- 26 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay for many years"
- 25 Jun 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 24 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "If Diego Costa leaves..."
- 23 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Di Maria: "Don't know anything about Juve"
- 22 Jun 08:29 ATLETICO, Godin: "I will stay"
- 21 Jun 08:00 REAL, Burgui: "Espanyol are after me"
- 19 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve? Nothing new"
- 18 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Sorry that I didn't have time to say good-bye"
- 16 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 14 Jun 08:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 13 Jun 08:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Vela wants to remain"
- 12 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 11 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about the new signings"
- 11 Jun 00:46 BRAZIL, Pele: "I love Xavi"
- 10 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Arda Turan's agent: "No contacts with Barcelona"
- 09 Jun 08:00 VALENCIA, Bernat's agent: "No offers from Porto"
- 08 Jun 08:30 SEVILLA, Castro: "We haven' sold or bought anyone"
- 07 Jun 08:00 SEVILLA, Moreno: "I have four years on my contract"
- 06 Jun 08:15 ATLETICO, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 05 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Who wants Diego Costa must pay his clause"
- 04 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Morata won't join Juve"
- 03 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "He won't move"
- 01 Jun 08:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Arrasate: "Difficult to keep Bravo"
- 31 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay"
- 30 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Diego Alves: "I'm about to sign a new contract"
- 29 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "No offers for Rakitic"
- 28 May 08:00 REAL, Di Maria: "I want to honor my contract"
- 27 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Wednesday I will sign a new contract"
- 26 May 20:00 BARCELONA,Halilovic thrilled to sign at Camp Nou
- 26 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Macherano: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 25 May 08:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Coke to Napoli? We have other plans"
- 23 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Mathieu: "My future? It's up to the club"
- 22 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Moving to Chelsea would be unhealthy"
- 21 May 17:47 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo chasing Merengues' 'décima' dream
- 21 May 15:44 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Please don’t compare me with Pep"
- 21 May 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I will remain"
- 20 May 17:31 REAL MADRID, Bale: "We're confident we can beat Atletico again"
- 20 May 16:26 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "'La Décima' is not an obsession"
- 20 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I am happy here"
- 19 May 08:00 RAYO, Jémez: "Few chances for me to stay"
- 18 May 08:30 VALENCIA, Bernat: "I hope to remain"
- 17 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "I will stay here"
- 16 May 08:00 BARCELONA, Cuenca: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 15 May 19:30 BARCELONA, Puyol: "I came here as a child and I leave with a family"
- 15 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "We'll offer a new contract to Rakitic"
- 14 May 08:15 ATLETICO, Diego: "My future? After the CL final"
- 13 May 19:16 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I like the idea of delivering La Decima"
- 13 May 19:07 BARCELONA, Neymar hopes to return for title decider against Atletico Madrid
- 13 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Rakitic: "Real? Everybody dreams to play in the CL"
- 12 May 19:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano expects changes
- 12 May 18:15 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "200 per cent confident of winning La Liga"
- 20 Aug 19:59 REAL MADRID, Modric: "My dream continues with my renewal"
- 20 Aug 19:44 ENGLAND/ CELTIC,Ready the offer for Bo-kyung
- 20 Aug 19:31 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Courtois: "Gaining confidence"
- 20 Aug 19:15 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, enquiries about Richards and Nastasic
- 20 Aug 19:00 ITALY/ JUVE, Marotta: "No trade for Vidal"
- 20 Aug 18:44 HOLLAND/ PSV, Brands: "Bakkali will stay"
- 20 Aug 18:31 ENGLAND/ SWANSEA, Fernandez: "I dreamt to play in Premier"
- 20 Aug 18:22 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Stall on Borini: turning to United's Welbeck
- 20 Aug 18:14 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Hetemaj extends for Chievo Verona
- 20 Aug 18:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Valencia: arrived on loan Cancelo
- 20 Aug 17:49 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, €25m Carvalho bid rejected by Sporting
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 17:37 FRANCE/ O.M., Opening on Konko
- 20 Aug 17:25 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Niang set and willing to stay
- 20 Aug 17:14 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Eyes on Verratti
- 20 Aug 17:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Coquelin is expected to stay at the Gunners
- 20 Aug 16:43 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, No chance for Miguel Veloso arrival
- 20 Aug 16:34 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Muller: "I turned down Man Utd"
- 20 Aug 16:14 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Beckenbauer: "Khedira would be perfect for us"
- 20 Aug 15:59 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Bojinov has emerged as a shock target for West Ham
- 20 Aug 15:52 ITALY/ NAPOLI, No more Fellaini pursuing: foot injury for former Toffees star
- 20 Aug 15:44 GREECE/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Panathinaikos close to Alfaro
- 20 Aug 15:37 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid renew Modric's contract
- 20 Aug 15:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, De Guzman joins Napoli
- 20 Aug 15:14 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Fernandez Joins Swansea
- 20 Aug 14:59 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Sporting Lisbon denied receiving any offer for Carvalho
- 20 Aug 14:44 UKRAINE/ SHAKHTAR, Lucescu to Ac Milan: "For D. Costa needs the clubs agreement"
- 20 Aug 14:39 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, United reach agreement with Sporting for Rojo
- 20 Aug 14:28 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Chambers has adapted quickly"
- 20 Aug 14:13 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC BILBAO, Muniain: "I think against Napoli it's still 50/50 who goes through
- 20 Aug 14:00 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Approaching Stendardo
- 20 Aug 13:48 ITALY/ HELLAS VERONA, Sprint on Donadel's return
- 20 Aug 13:36 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, A new contestant for former Arsenal star Song
- 20 Aug 13:24 ENGLAND/ LEICESTER CITY, Eyes on Pablo Alvarez
- 20 Aug 13:12 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, A new Italian pursuer for Lisandro Lopez
- 20 Aug 13:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, A new loan suitor for young goalie Gabriel
- 20 Aug 12:48 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Attempt for Iturraspe ready
- 20 Aug 12:36 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Keen on Andreolli
- 20 Aug 12:24 CHELSEA & MANCHESTER UNITED, Back dueling with Bayern on Benatia
- 20 Aug 12:12 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Chitu resigns from Valenciennes
- 20 Aug 12:00 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK MOSCOW, Offer for Xhaka submitted
- 20 Aug 11:48 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, 2 Football Championship giants keen on Jordon Ibe's loan
- 20 Aug 11:37 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Besiktas could have won the game"
- 20 Aug 11:36 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Rising star Cristante might be the key for signing Cerci
- 20 Aug 11:24 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Jaime Romero joins Real Zaragoza
- 20 Aug 11:12 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Majestic offer to Shakhtar for Luiz Adriano
- 20 Aug 11:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Riise confims contacts
- 20 Aug 10:45 GREECE/ PANATHINAIKOS, Alfaro about to be announced
- 20 Aug 10:30 ARSENAL & JUVENTUS, Keeping on the double Manolas-Nastasic duel
- 20 Aug 10:15 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Sprint for Balanta
Luka Modric spoke of his satisfaction after renewing with Real Madrid. “I’m very happy, today is an important day for me. I’d like to thank the club and president Florentino Pérez for the confidence they have placed in me. I would like to return that conf
Mbaye Niang has been speaking exclusively to Milan Channel: "The loan period in France helped me develop both on and off the pitch. I like when w
Luka Modric spoke of his satisfaction after renewing with Real Madrid. “I’m very happy, today is an important day for me. I’d like t
Wojciech Szczesny has praised Calum Chambers for the way he's adapted to playing at centre back since he joined Arsenal.
The 19-year-old produc
Interviewed by ESPN, PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has declared about the possibility to end his career at the French club: "I have a contract u
Interviewed by Bild, Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared about the possibility to sign AS Roma defender Mehdi Benatia: "It would be gr