REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 13.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 30 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone's son: "One day he will move to Italy"
- 29 Jan 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We are in talks for Gayà's new deal"
- 28 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi will remain for a long time"
- 27 Jan 06:00 ATHLETIC, Laporte: "I'm not thinking about moving to England"
- 26 Jan 16:30 BARCELONA, Neymar: "Ronaldo should be punished"
- 26 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Butragueno: "Illarramendi is a Real player"
- 24 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ramos is important for us"
- 23 Jan 06:00 REAL, Ronaldo's agent: "He could end his career in Madrid"
- 22 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Suarez won't leave"
- 21 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Never to Real"
- 20 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Siqueira's agent: "The club wants to keep him"
- 19 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Rodríguez: "Looking forward to join Parma"
- 18 Jan 06:30 RAYO, Jemez: "Training the national team would be an honor"
- 17 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "He still wants to leave"
- 16 Jan 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We are not after Januzaj"
- 15 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "We all want Messi to stay"
- 14 Jan 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We're trying to reinforce our offensive line"
- 13 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Suarez won't leave"
- 12 Jan 17:23 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo was fantastic for Madrid in 2014"
- 12 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "I have no intention to leave"
- 11 Jan 06:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "As long as the team will follow me, I'll stay"
- 10 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "We need no new players"
- 09 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "A new contract? If the club wants to.."
- 08 Jan 13:16 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo was a bit tired"
- 08 Jan 09:59 REAL MADRID, Marcelo: "Atletico played the long ball and used dirty tricks"
- 08 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, ter Stegen: "I want to succeed here"
- 07 Jan 15:54 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Messi? Things that go on in the dressing room stay there"
- 07 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "No offers for Oliver Torres"
- 05 Jan 20:34 BARCELONA, Messi misses training with stomach illness
- 05 Jan 19:30 REAL MADRID, Pepe: "There is a lot left to play for in the league"
- 05 Jan 06:00 SEVILLA, Gameiro: "I could move back to France"
- 04 Jan 07:29 BARCELONA FC, Dani Alves: "The contract expiring is really not my problem"
- 03 Jan 06:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "My future is here"
- 01 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I want to end my career at River, but.."
- 31 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Bale won't leave"
- 30 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "The new contract? No problem"
- 29 Dec 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "A couple of players could join"
- 28 Dec 06:30 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo's agent: "He will end his career here"
- 25 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Neymar's agent: "Ready to sign the new contract"
- 24 Dec 06:29 ATLETICO, Burgos: "Torres back? It would be great"
- 23 Dec 06:00 VALENCIA, Javi Fuego: "I have no intention to leave"
- 22 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "I'm not worried about the renewal"
- 21 Dec 06:30 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "We want Montoya to stay"
- 20 Dec 06:00 MALAGA, Santa Cruz: "I am not thinking about the transfer market"
- 19 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Hernandez's agent: "In January he won't move"
- 18 Dec 06:59 BARCELONA FC, Xavi: "We want to win all this year. I'm still excited as at the start of my career"
- 17 Dec 18:30 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I want to be like Guardiola"
- 17 Dec 00:15 REAL MADRID, Jese: "You better take cover when Ancelotti gets angry"
- 16 Dec 19:39 LIGA SCANDAL, United's Ander Herrera denies match-fixing claims
- 16 Dec 06:00 MALAGA, Recio: "I want to spend my career here"
- 15 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "I am not worried about my new contract"
- 12 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "The transfer market? It depends from the injuries"
- 11 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Montoya away? We admire him"
- 08 Dec 06:29 GRANADA, Nyom: "Honored by Barcelona interest"
- 07 Dec 06:30 ESPANYOL, Héctor Moreno: "I want to play for a top club"
- 06 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "In January he will leave"
- 05 Dec 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to remain for many years"
- 04 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "Ancelotti must stay with us for a long time"
- 03 Dec 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto's agent: "No contacts with Inter"
- 02 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Asensio won't join in January"
- 01 Dec 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I admire Pogba"
- 30 Nov 06:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "I am not seeking a defender"
- 29 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mathieu: "We'll see if the club will sign another center back"
- 28 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Simeone has a contract and is happy"
- 27 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Cerci away? Ask our Sporting Director"
- 26 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA, Bitolo: "Honored by Napoli's interest, but.."
- 24 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi is happy here"
- 23 Nov 06:30 ATLETICO M. Cerezo: "We are not thinking about selling Jimenez"
- 22 Nov 06:29 ATLETICO M., Moyà: "Oblak is our future"
- 21 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi is happy with us"
- 20 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I would like to renew"
- 19 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Krychowiak"
- 18 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "Napoli never made an offer"
- 17 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Just rumors about Simeone"
- 16 Nov 06:30 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I would like to play in England, but.."
- 15 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA FC, Monchi: "No offers for Vitolo"
- 14 Nov 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "I had many offers from England, but.."
- 13 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, S. Ramos: "No problems about my new deal"
- 12 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "Sterling and Barkley can play for Barça"
- 11 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I have no intention to leave in January"
- 10 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We would like to keep Zuculini"
- 07 Nov 10:00 FC SEVILLE, Pareja: "We are improving and limiting our weaknesses"
- 07 Nov 06:19 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "I feel always better in this team"
- 06 Nov 10:19 BARCELONA, Messi matches Raúl González's goal record with double at Ajax
- 06 Nov 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Maybe next Monday we'll have a new coach"
- 05 Nov 06:39 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "Now let's defeat Olympiakos and celebrate qualification"
- 04 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about my new contract"
- 03 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Luis Enrique is not at risk"
- 02 Nov 06:00 GRANADA, Murillo: "I deam of Barça"
- 01 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Alcacer: "No hurry about my renewal"
- 31 Oct 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I can still give a lot to this club"
- 30 Oct 06:00 SEVILLA, Mbia: "Coming here was my priority"
- 29 Oct 07:59 REAL MADRID, Marcelo: "The secret for defeating Barça was running and fighting"
- 28 Oct 06:29 ATLETICO, Mandzukic: "I had offers from Italy, but.."
- 24 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I would like to end my career here"
- 23 Oct 13:44 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo in no hurry to break Raul's record
- 23 Oct 13:35 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo makes $1 billion release clause seem justifiable
- 22 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 21 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I'd like to move back to England"
- 20 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "We are not after Sterling"
- 01 Feb 02:00 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Pardew wants to hire Zaha back from United
- 01 Feb 01:37 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Wellington Paulista joins Coritiba on loan from Internacional
- 01 Feb 01:17 ENGLAND/ QPR, 2 UAE suitors for Taarabt
- 01 Feb 00:59 ITALY/ LAZIO, Working on Gignac for next summer
- 01 Feb 00:39 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Eskisehirspor sign Serdar Bingol
- 01 Feb 00:20 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Fuchs offered to AS Roma
- 01 Feb 00:00 ARSENAL & LIVERPOOL, Reopening on Arda Turan
- 31 Jan 23:39 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, In talks with Mpoku
- 31 Jan 23:20 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Fletcher unlikely to join
- 31 Jan 23:00 SWITZERLAND/ FC BASEL, 3 suitors for Marcelo Diaz
- 31 Jan 22:37 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Majestic offer submitted to Besiktas for Gokhan Tore
- 31 Jan 22:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Mavuba on target
- 31 Jan 21:59 ENGLAND/ QPR, Attempt for Borriello: waiting for an answer
- 31 Jan 21:39 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Approaching Ben Yedder for 2016
- 31 Jan 21:20 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Trabzonspor loan Emre Gural
- 31 Jan 21:00 ITALY/ INTER, Lead on Cassano over FC Sion
- 31 Jan 20:37 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, AS Monaco sign Matheus Carvalho
- 31 Jan 20:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City loan Topliss out
- 31 Jan 19:59 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Ibarbo is near: the sums
- 31 Jan 19:39 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Arouca joins Palmeiras
- 31 Jan 19:20 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Cuadrado's announcement expected soon
- 31 Jan 19:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sampdoria about to make it for Spolli
- 31 Jan 18:37 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ajax sign Sinkgraven
- 31 Jan 18:17 ITALY/ TORINO, Alvaro Gonzalez about to join
- 31 Jan 17:59 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Bruno Uvini about to join Sporting Lisbon
- 31 Jan 17:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fetfatzidis joins Chievo Verona
- 31 Jan 17:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AS Roma sign Doumbia
- 31 Jan 17:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger wants Lloris
- 31 Jan 16:37 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Danic joins Bastia
- 31 Jan 16:17 BELGIUM/ STANDARD LIEGE, Cyprien likely to join
- 31 Jan 15:59 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Laxalt joins Genoa
- 31 Jan 15:39 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK MOSCOW, Offer to WBA for signing Samaras
- 31 Jan 15:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Palermo sign Danilo Ortiz
- 31 Jan 15:00 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, New renewal offer to captain Magnanelli
- 31 Jan 14:27 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Konyaspor sign Mahlangu
- 31 Jan 13:57 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Lanùs sign Leto again
- 31 Jan 13:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fiorentina loan Beleck out
- 31 Jan 12:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Manchester City loan Zuculini out again
- 31 Jan 12:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, O'Grady joins Sheffield United back
- 31 Jan 12:00 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ajax loan Duarte to Heerenveen
- 31 Jan 11:27 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Bryan Ruiz joins Levante
- 31 Jan 10:57 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Serey Die about to join from FC Basel
- 31 Jan 10:29 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Malaga sign Nwakali
- 31 Jan 09:59 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Keen on Vrsaljko
- 31 Jan 09:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Almeria sign Casado
- 31 Jan 09:00 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Olympiakos sign Felipe Santana
- 31 Jan 00:00 INTER, Vidic's agent:: "He will honor his contract"
- 30 Jan 23:37 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Marica could come back
- 30 Jan 23:17 ITALY/ INTER, Idea Dragovic
- 30 Jan 22:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Crystal Palace sign Pape Souaré
After an unsuccessful experience at Manchester United (which purchased him from Crystal Palace on a 9 million pounds payment) during the first half of 2013/14, English Under-21 international winger and forward Wilfried Zaha (22) is getting less and less likely to be included back
Interviewed by FcInter1908.it, Silvano Martina, agent of Inter Milan defender Nemanja Vidic, has declared: "Why should he leave? He is playing. H
Interviewed by RAC 1, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has declared: "Messi and Luis Enrique? They are very well, tensions are normal, bu
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has declared about the possibility to sign Manchester United 30-year-old midfielder Darren Fletcher: "It's sti
Interviewed by RMC, OM attacking midfielder Florian Thauvin has declared: "Leaving this club last summer, after just one year, was not part of my
Interviewed by Die Welt, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has declared: "My players are focused on the season, and I have positive sensations