REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 13.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 12 Feb 15:30 Gary Neville remaining calm
- 12 Feb 15:02 Messi wins player of the month for first time
- 11 Feb 19:00 LA LIGA / Barcelona: Messi trains with the group
- 11 Feb 13:40 Valencia only manage draw against weakened Barca team
- 11 Feb 12:59 Barcelona, Luis Enrique: "I had to give my voice a rest"
- 11 Feb 11:21 ATLETICO MADRID - Saul: "I would already do a long-life deal"
- 11 Feb 11:00 REAL MADRID - Marcelo
- 10 Feb 20:13 ATLETICO MADRID - Godin close to extend: the two Manchester clubs still keen on him
- 10 Feb 17:33 ATLETICO MADRID - Tiago's future is uncertain
- 10 Feb 17:31 Zidane: "Ronaldo is the best"
- 10 Feb 17:00 CHAMPIONS / Real Madrid: Marcelo and Bale could miss the next match against Roma
- 10 Feb 16:46 LA LIGA / Copa del Rey: Valencia expects a miracle this afternoon against Barça
- 10 Feb 16:45 LA LIGA / Atlético Madrid / Griezmann "I'm not leaving Atletico"
- 10 Feb 15:44 ATLETICO MADRID - Simeone fuels Chelsea rumours taking English lessons
- 10 Feb 15:30 OFFICIAL / TRANSFER MARKET / Atlético Madrid: Oblak extends his contract
- 10 Feb 14:07 REAL MADRID - Zidane: "CR7 is the best. to manage this team is a dream"
- 10 Feb 11:34 Valencia 'must win' on Saturday says Neville
- 09 Feb 19:45 REAL MADRID - Bale, Modric, Carvajal and Marcelo skip training
- 09 Feb 19:39 OFFICIAL - Betis, Bruno Gonzalez extend until 2019
- 09 Feb 18:06 REAL MADRID, Marcelo shoulder dislocation confirmed
- 09 Feb 14:00 RANKING GOLDEN SHOE'16: Higuain, Gonçalves and Suarez occupy the podium of the Golden Shoe'16
- 09 Feb 13:06 Messi sent for tests on Kidneys
- 09 Feb 12:48 Dyche critical of Neville
- 09 Feb 11:00 LA LIGA / Barcelona: Messi to undergo minor kidney surgery
- 08 Feb 16:20 Barcelona chase club record
- 08 Feb 11:28 LA LIGA / Real Madrid: Luka wondergoal gives Real Madrid 2-1 win at Granada
- 08 Feb 10:15 Barcelona confident over Neymar
- 08 Feb 10:06 Liverpool interested in Jese
- 08 Feb 09:44 Neville's Valencia lose again
- 08 Feb 09:08 LA LIGA / REAL MADRID: Marcelo ends match with badly injured shoulder
- 07 Feb 12:30 Barça demands respect after harassment to Neymar
- 06 Feb 14:45 TRANSFER MARKET / LA LIGA / Real Madrid: Zidane want Hazard
- 05 Feb 11:22 Valencia - Rafa Benitez set to oust Gary Neville
- 04 Feb 22:00 BARCELONA FC, Neymar sr.: "No reason to renew, he won't end his career at Barça"
- 04 Feb 17:40 ATLETICO MADRID - Cerezo: "Jackson Martinez wasn't at the top of the situation"
- 04 Feb 14:14 Canizares: 'Neville should apologise and resign'
- 04 Feb 10:43 Valencia – Gary Neville will not resign
- 03 Feb 17:00 SPAIN / LA LIGA / SEVILLA FC: If Kakuta leaves, leave an open tab to enroll Fazio in Europa League
- 03 Feb 16:31 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Market revolution
- 02 Feb 09:37 LA LIGA / REAL MADRID: Florentino need give love to Benzema
- 02 Feb 08:00 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Atletico negotiates signing of Brazilian Caio Henrique to his junior team
- 01 Feb 21:46 OFFICIAL - Osasuna, De Las Cuevas sign
- 01 Feb 16:51 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Verdú near close his move to Levante
- 31 Jan 22:00 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Real Madrid thrashed Espanyol to regain confidence in themselves
- 31 Jan 09:58 REAL MADRID - PSG centre-back Marquinhos targeted
- 30 Jan 18:45 REAL MADRID - Zidane: "Rumours on Neymar don't bother us"
- 30 Jan 18:36 BARCELONA - Leroy Sané chooses Azulgrana, he can arrive next summer
- 30 Jan 17:48 Barcelona v Atletico 2-1: Messi and Suarez for the comeback and top spot
- 30 Jan 15:15 OFFICIAL - Asteras Tripolis and Lanzarote part company on mutual consent: he signed for Zaragoza
- 30 Jan 01:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW / SPAIN / LA LIGA: FIFA suspends the penalty to Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid
- 29 Jan 22:58 REAL BETIS- Montoya already in Sevilla to undergo medical
- 29 Jan 21:55 ATLETICO MADRID - The club decides Oliver Torres is not for sale
- 29 Jan 21:18 ATLETICO MADRID - Simeone: "We aren't scared of Barcelona"
- 29 Jan 20:46 BARCELONA - Bordas on Neymar: "He will be with us for a long time"
- 29 Jan 11:56 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Gabi offered 23 million to move to China
- 28 Jan 13:53 Real Madrid contacted by Chelsea over Carvajal
- 27 Jan 22:00 Spain / La Liga: Atlético de Madrid 2 - Celta de Vigo 3
- 27 Jan 21:53 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Copa del Rey Barça 3 - Athletic Club de Bilbao 1
- 27 Jan 20:30 Atlético de Madrid - Celta de Vigo
- 23 Jan 08:00 BARCELONA FC, Neymar's father: "My son is not interested in joining Real Madrid"
- 06 Jan 12:11 REAL MADRID, Zidane promises 'beautiful football' at Merengues
- 05 Jan 09:30 REAL MADRID/ OFFICIAL, Zinedine Zidane is the new first squad manager
- 04 Jan 17:00 BARCELONA FC, Former teammate Alcantara: "Messi, Suarez and Neymar all deserve Ballon d'Or"
- 31 Dec 01:16 SEVILLA, Llorente wanted Juventus stay
- 28 Dec 17:27 REAL MADRID, Statement about disciplinary decisions in relation to the Copa del Rey
- 25 Dec 10:22 BARCELONA, Messi: "Ronaldinho told me to take his No.10 shirt"
- 24 Dec 11:33 BARCELONA, Rafinha: "Neymar can't pip Messi to the Ballon d'Or ... yet"
- 18 Dec 20:00 REAL MADRID, Florentino: "Benitez is not our problem, he's our solution. Zidane? He'll sure be Merengues manager in the future"
- 18 Dec 15:29 REAL MADRID, Florentino rules out Mourinho coming back soon
- 16 Dec 08:16 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "No jealousy between Messi, Neymar and Suarez"
- 15 Dec 19:18 BARCELONA, Jordi Alba: "We don't rely on Messi or Neymar"
- 14 Dec 07:30 REAL MADRID, Modric on Villarreal failure: "My mistake on their goal. Now let's end 2015 on a high note"
- 09 Dec 14:16 BARCELONA, Ter Stegen: "You have to be wary with Leverkusen"
- 09 Dec 10:48 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ronaldo Happy at Real
- 03 Dec 11:59 REAL MADRID, Copa del Rey at risk: Benitez lines up a suspended player
- 03 Dec 09:29 VALENCIA, Gayà: "Now Neville will suggest us his ideas as a trainer"
- 30 Nov 19:10 VALENCIA, Nuno Espirito Santo is no more Taronges manager. Voro and Neville as caretakers
- 29 Nov 16:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Official report on Tiago's surgery
- 27 Nov 20:29 REAL MADRID, Medical reported on Varane: 3 weeks stop
- 24 Nov 12:57 REAL MADRID, Florentino Perez after Clásico failure: "We believe in Benitez's work, and CR7 has nothing against him"
- 21 Nov 00:59 BARCELONA: Luis Enrique: "Real Madrid's problems are exaggerated"
- 18 Nov 16:57 BARCELONA, Neymar could leave
- 17 Nov 13:27 SPAIN, Del Bosque: "We were not afraid"
- 15 Nov 14:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Frenchman Griezmann shocked in Paris aftermath: "My sister was at Le Bataclan, she left alive"
- 15 Nov 13:00 VALENCIA, Mustafi on Paris tragedy: "What's going on on this planet?"
- 09 Nov 21:28 SPAIN, Ramos and Juanfran pull out of Spain squad
- 09 Nov 16:57 FC SEVILLE, Immobile on his first Liga goal against Real Madrid: "A dream coming true"
- 06 Nov 05:18 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "Blaugrana were framed!"
- 05 Nov 11:14 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Benzema 'calm' as Valbuena investigation continues
- 05 Nov 07:00 VALENCIA, Espirito Santo: "We are embarassed, we hit rock bottom"
- 03 Nov 19:00 BARCELONA, Vermaelen: "I'm not scared of injuries"
- 03 Nov 07:00 SPORTING GIJÓN, Abelardo: "Important victory against Malaga, next games will be hard"
- 02 Nov 22:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Possible lineup, Madrid and Paris out to gain Group A edge
- 02 Nov 21:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Benitez: " Nobody can dispute PSG's quality"
- 29 Oct 08:30 EIBAR, Medical report on Dani Garcia and Verdi
- 28 Oct 07:59 RAYO VALLECANO, Medical report on Cobeño: surgery gone fine
- 27 Oct 07:29 ATHLETIC BILBAO, Medical report on Muniain
- 27 Oct 00:03 LIGA, Roberto Carlos: "Neymar is better than Messi and Ronaldo"
- 26 Oct 15:37 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes after triumph over Levante: "We played better some games else, but this time we scored a lot"
- 23 Oct 00:40 BARCELONA, Messi: "I don't compete with Ronaldo, and he doesn't compete with me"
- 12 Feb 21:17 ESTONIA/ OFFICIAL, Nomme Kalju sign Sidorenkov
- 12 Feb 20:59 BRAZIL/ PALMEIRAS, Veteran icon Zé Roberto announces quitting in June
- 12 Feb 20:39 GERMANY/ MAINZ 05, Yunus Malli: "Moving to Dortmund in summer? It's possible"
- 12 Feb 20:30 EXCLUSIVE TRANFER MARKET / LIGUE 1 / PSG opens the door to Marquinhos
- 12 Feb 20:20 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, St. Gallen sign Leitgeb
- 12 Feb 20:00 NORWAY/ OFFICIAL, Veteran striker Gudjohnsen joins Molde FK
- 12 Feb 19:42 PREMIER LEAGUE / Chelsea: Costa breaks his nose in training
- 12 Feb 15:55 Fabian Delph could miss Euro's with injury
- 12 Feb 15:45 Rolando Aarons wants a Newcastle win against Chelsea
- 12 Feb 15:30 Gary Neville remaining calm
- 12 Feb 15:15 AC Milan interested in Fellaini
- 12 Feb 15:02 Messi wins player of the month for first time
- 12 Feb 15:00 Allardyce fears Wayne Rooney
- 12 Feb 14:50 Manchester United youngster to get chance at Sunderland
- 12 Feb 14:40 Lukaku wants more goals
- 12 Feb 14:24 Sturridge could start for Liverpool on Sunday
- 12 Feb 14:19 Mark Hughes wants more from Stoke City
- 12 Feb 14:12 NAPOLI - Higuain rejected Chelsea offer
- 12 Feb 14:11 Carrick: "Anthony Martial needs time"
- 12 Feb 13:48 Everton set to hand new deals to Oviedo and Besic
- 12 Feb 13:40 Alex Sandro: "I advice Hulk to come to Juventus"
- 12 Feb 13:35 Fletcher marks full debut with goal
- 12 Feb 13:31 ARSENAL - Meeting for Sanchez's renewal in the upcoming days
- 12 Feb 13:22 Arsenal to target teenager Reece Oxford?
- 12 Feb 13:08 Bilic believes Noble deserves England nod
- 12 Feb 12:58 McClaren: Newcastle must pick up points away from St James
- 12 Feb 12:47 Arsenal to receive injury boost
- 12 Feb 12:35 Pulis: 'Charge away fans £10'
- 12 Feb 12:27 NAPOLI - Higuain: "I feel very well here. My future, I live for the moment"
- 12 Feb 12:22 Van Gaal confident over Mourinho link
- 12 Feb 12:10 Klopp: 'Sturridge feels good'
- 12 Feb 12:00 Arsenal - Mertesaker unlikely to play against Leicester
- 12 Feb 11:53 Arsenal – Souness states Gunners don’t have the ‘mettle’ to win Premier League
- 12 Feb 11:38 Chelsea – Gianluca Vialli criticises Blues transfer record
- 12 Feb 11:24 Arsenal – Arsene Wenger praises Leicester’s Mahrez
- 12 Feb 11:07 Manchester United – Rooney offered £500,000 a week by China
- 12 Feb 10:54 Arsenal - Szczesny to return to the Gunners
- 12 Feb 10:40 West Brom – Berahino out of shape
- 12 Feb 10:40 Fabio Cannavaro sacked from Saudi Arabia club Al Nassr
- 12 Feb 10:31 ITALY/ INTER, Icardi in Josè link
- 12 Feb 10:27 Chelsea – target new goalkeeper
- 12 Feb 10:15 INTER, Nagatomo: "I said no to Man Utd"
- 12 Feb 10:10 Atletico Madrid – Griezmann will not go to Chelsea
- 12 Feb 10:01 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Survey on Izzo
- 12 Feb 09:00 CHINA/ JIANGSU SUNING, Working on Falcao
- 12 Feb 08:00 MANCHESTER CITY, Nasri: "It would be a pleasure to finish my career here"
- 12 Feb 07:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA JUNIORS, Crespi: "We want to bring back Medel"
- 12 Feb 06:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Payet renews long-term for West Ham
- 12 Feb 05:17 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Boulahrouz quits pro football as a player
- 12 Feb 04:40 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Trabzonspor target Alcaraz: lead over Udinese
Veteran midfielder and winger Zé Roberto (41), 1974-born with a great course playing for Brazilian NT, Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich, announced he's about to quit professional football as a player after the end of 2016. Zé Roberto is a member of Palmei
Italian club AC Milan have shown interest in Manchester United Midfielder Marouane Fellaini.
Milan have reportedly been in contact with the 28-year
Valencia boss Gary Neville has yet to win a game whilst in charge of the Spanish club but the former Manchester United man is staying relaxed.
Chelsea striker Diego Costa suffered a broken nose in training on Thursday, although the 27-year-old is expected to be available for selection against
The coach of Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), Laurent Blanc said Friday that at the end of the season will decide on the future of Brazilian defender Marqui
The Guardian reports that struggling Bundesliga side Hoffenheim has appointed 28-year-old Julian Nagelsmann as their new head coach. Nagelsmann replac