REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 11.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 23 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to honor my contract"
- 22 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Parejo: "I hope Mathieu will stay"
- 21 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Guardado's agent: "Offers from Italy and Russia"
- 20 Jul 06:30 LEVANTE, Navas: "I haven't signed for anyone yet"
- 19 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "Nothing with Benfica"
- 18 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "We want to keep Mathieu"
- 17 Jul 06:15 REAL MADRID, Khedira's agent: "We are not in talks with Arsenal"
- 16 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I want to honor my contract"
- 15 Jul 06:19 VALENCIA, Nuno: "Mathieu going nowhere"
- 14 Jul 06:15 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We'll sign other players"
- 13 Jul 06:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Carmona is not a priority"
- 11 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Morata: "I am looking forward to join Juventus"
- 10 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I would like to honor my contact"
- 08 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve is closer"
- 07 Jul 06:30 LEVANTE, Navas' agent: "Offers form Atletico and Porto"
- 04 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No more talks with Liverpool for Moreno"
- 03 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Adriano: "I would like to stay"
- 02 Jul 14:15 BARCELONA, Adriano keen on Barca stay
- 01 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Faus: "We can invest on the transfer market"
- 28 Jun 06:00 LEVANTE, Navas: "Atletico? It would be great"
- 26 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay for many years"
- 25 Jun 06:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 24 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "If Diego Costa leaves..."
- 23 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Di Maria: "Don't know anything about Juve"
- 22 Jun 06:29 ATLETICO, Godin: "I will stay"
- 21 Jun 06:00 REAL, Burgui: "Espanyol are after me"
- 19 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve? Nothing new"
- 18 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Sorry that I didn't have time to say good-bye"
- 16 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 14 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 13 Jun 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Vela wants to remain"
- 12 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 11 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about the new signings"
- 10 Jun 22:46 BRAZIL, Pele: "I love Xavi"
- 10 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Arda Turan's agent: "No contacts with Barcelona"
- 09 Jun 06:00 VALENCIA, Bernat's agent: "No offers from Porto"
- 08 Jun 06:30 SEVILLA, Castro: "We haven' sold or bought anyone"
- 07 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Moreno: "I have four years on my contract"
- 06 Jun 06:15 ATLETICO, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 05 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Who wants Diego Costa must pay his clause"
- 04 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Morata won't join Juve"
- 03 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "He won't move"
- 01 Jun 06:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Arrasate: "Difficult to keep Bravo"
- 31 May 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay"
- 30 May 06:00 VALENCIA, Diego Alves: "I'm about to sign a new contract"
- 29 May 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "No offers for Rakitic"
- 28 May 06:00 REAL, Di Maria: "I want to honor my contract"
- 27 May 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Wednesday I will sign a new contract"
- 26 May 18:00 BARCELONA,Halilovic thrilled to sign at Camp Nou
- 26 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Macherano: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 23 Jul 19:00 ITALY/ PARMA: New offer from UAE, but Amauri wants to stay
- 23 Jul 18:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Back tracking Gaston Ramirez
- 23 Jul 18:30 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Back for Rolando Bianchi's return
- 23 Jul 18:15 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eliseu more and more likely to join
- 23 Jul 18:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Lukaku ready to say farewell: training with Anderlecht
- 23 Jul 17:51 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Walter Samuel joins FC Basel
- 23 Jul 17:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Shakhtar Donetsk, strict clause on Douglas Costa
- 23 Jul 17:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa and Parma working on a swap
- 23 Jul 17:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Manuel Coppola joins Cesena back
- 23 Jul 17:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Dzemaili's agent: "Italian club and Spanish one both near to sign him"
- 23 Jul 16:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, 3 Premier League suitors for Gnabry's loan
- 23 Jul 16:30 RUSSIA/ LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW, Eyes on Tissone
- 23 Jul 16:15 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Asteras Tripoli sign Kosicky
- 23 Jul 16:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FC Basel about to announce Walter Samuel
- 23 Jul 15:45 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Two youngsters renew for Sporting Lisbon
- 23 Jul 15:30 MLS - USA/ NY CITY FC, Xavi might join in December
- 23 Jul 15:15 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, Hubner: "Piazon from Chelsea? There are good signals"
- 23 Jul 14:59 ITALY/ GENOA, Suggestion for Nené
- 23 Jul 14:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chihi joins Fulham
- 23 Jul 14:20 ITALY/ EMPOLI, Keen on Vecino
- 23 Jul 14:00 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Adrian Fernandez joins Quilmes
- 23 Jul 13:43 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter sign back Sanogo
- 23 Jul 13:31 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini wants Isco
- 23 Jul 13:16 ITALY/ CATANIA, Peruzzi will not join Arsenal
- 23 Jul 12:59 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Inter, Firmino a real target. Arsenal put pressure
- 23 Jul 12:46 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal: Fulham capture Eisfeld
- 23 Jul 12:44 FRANCE/ PSG, No contacts with Conte
- 23 Jul 12:36 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Casillas can leave: Arsenal thinking about him
- 23 Jul 12:31 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Krychowiak joins Sevilla
- 23 Jul 12:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Rodriguez: "I stay here"
- 23 Jul 12:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Almeria: arrives Dos Santos
- 23 Jul 10:37 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Khedira so far, Wenger tracking William Carvalho
- 23 Jul 10:15 OFFICIAL/ FRANCE, N'Daw joins Metz
- 23 Jul 10:05 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto sign Brahimi
- 23 Jul 09:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Mathieu joins Barcelona
- 23 Jul 09:14 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Agreement with Nice for Ospina
- 23 Jul 09:00 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Waasland-Beveren sign Sawaneh
- 23 Jul 08:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Marveaux joins Guingamp
- 23 Jul 08:30 ITALY/ PALERMO, Idea Vangioni
- 23 Jul 08:15 NORWAY/ OFFICIAL, Ingebrigtsen is Rosenborg new coach
- 23 Jul 08:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Napoli's offer for Suarez refused
- 23 Jul 07:45 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Olympiacos sign Masuaku
- 23 Jul 07:30 ITALY/ ROMA, Offer for Ferreira Carrasco
- 23 Jul 07:15 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Mordovia sign Le Tallec
- 23 Jul 07:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger needs to rest
- 23 Jul 06:45 MONACO, Vasilyev: "We didn't want to sell Rodriguez"
- 23 Jul 06:30 BORUSSIA D., Klopp: "Hummels to United for 20 millions? Forget it"
- 23 Jul 06:15 TOTTENHAM, Lamela: "Never thought about leaving"
- 23 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to honor my contract"
- 23 Jul 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
Recently drawn towards Torino and Sampdoria, as a less top-range market target, Uruguayan international offensive midfielder and half-forward Gaston Ramirez (23), according to latest rumours reported in Italian media, is back as an item of interest for Juventus management....
AS Roma coach Rudi Garcia has declared: "Lovren and Rami? They have played in France, so certain rumors could come out, could be. The...
Interviewed by El Pais, Sevilla 27-year-old forward Carlos Bacca has declared: "Moving to a different league? Thank God, I am very happy in...
Interviewed by The Sun, Tottenham forward Erik Lamela has declared: "Leaving Tottenham never once entered my mind, not even when I was...
Interviewed by the Ruhr Nachrichten, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has declared: "Reus will remain with us, at least for this...
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao has declared: "Now I am only thinking about recovering from my knee-injury. In any case, for the moment I...