REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 12.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 07 Dec 01:13 BARCELONA FC scouting Ajax talent CERNY
- 03 Dec 03:55 EXCLUSIVE TMW - LAS PALMAS challenge Serie A sides on ADEJO
- 02 Dec 13:55 REAL BETIS - Musonda to leave back to Chelsea in winter
- 01 Dec 19:19 6 Liga clubs keen on REAL MADRID new sensation Mariano DIAZ
- 01 Dec 16:40 ESPANYOL - ROBERTO Jimenez wants to leave in winter
- 30 Nov 12:00 BARCELONA - Mathieu out 20 days
- 29 Nov 22:17 OSASUNA - Eyes on ZACCARDO
- 26 Nov 14:37 3 Liga suitors on Stoke departee MUNIESA
- 24 Nov 13:39 ATHLETIC BILBAO planning to bring MERINO back to Spain
- 21 Nov 23:37 DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA consider bringing LUIS ALBERTO back
- 20 Nov 02:46 EXCLUSIVE TMW - REAL BETIS, Pezzella about to be signed on a new contract
- 19 Nov 02:29 MALAGA, Arnau: "BALOTELLI offered himself to us, but..."
- 18 Nov 14:04 BARCELONA - Luis Enrique: "I imagine Messi at Barça for many years"
- 18 Nov 10:01 FC SEVILLE want to sign Emmanuel MAS from San Lorenzo
- 18 Nov 03:41 MALAGA challenge Depor on CAICEDO
- 15 Nov 23:01 FC SEVILLE - Aleix VIDAL willing to join back
- 14 Nov 11:46 MALAGA - Doors open leading to ITURBE
- 14 Nov 05:46 VILLARREAL - New long-term contract for GASPAR on arrival
- 12 Nov 18:17 LAS PALMAS, Boateng: "I'm finally enjoying football and life here, ready for a new contract"
- 12 Nov 13:35 OFFICIAL - REAL BETIS announce new head coach
- 11 Nov 11:42 OFFICIAL - LAS PALMAS, 3 deal extensions and one renewal
- 10 Nov 15:47 VALENCIA scouting Miguel VELOSO
- 09 Nov 11:18 EXCLUSIVE TMW - REAL BETIS, Guidolin targeted for replacing Poyet
- 08 Nov 19:22 REAL MADRID - Eyes on Brazilian youngster from Corinthians
- 08 Nov 16:33 OFFICIAL - VILLARREAL sign Manu TRIGUEROS on a new contract
- 08 Nov 15:44 OFFICIAL - OSASUNA sack Enrique Martín
- 07 Nov 19:01 ATLETICO MADRID, Gameiro: "MSN are wonders, I'd never have played at Barça"
- 07 Nov 10:09 REAL MADRID - Zidane: "Ronaldo should retire at Real"
- 04 Nov 15:47 VILLAREAL - Pato: "The image of Milan will always Berlusconi"
- 03 Nov 17:01 VIDEO - 5 things... Real Madrid in fine form
- 02 Nov 23:07 REAL MADRID, Zidane: "We lacked a bit of everything"
- 02 Nov 07:57 ATLETICO MADRID, Griezmann: "We'll fight to be group leaders"
- 01 Nov 23:10 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: "Tight and tough clash"
- 01 Nov 09:50 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi? I don't know what will happen"
- 31 Oct 20:46 REAL MADRID - Bale: "Ronaldo deserves the Ballon d'Or"
- 30 Oct 19:05 Liga/ Sunday Afternoon FT scores, Matchaday 10
- 30 Oct 10:12 SEVILLA, Sampaoli: "We deserved more"
- 30 Oct 09:23 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: "It was a strange game"
- 29 Oct 23:04 BARCELONA - Fernandez: "We will extend the top player contracts in the end of the season"
- 29 Oct 00:49 FC SEVILLE might pursue KISHNA again
- 28 Oct 16:52 BARCELONA - Rafinha: "Neymar the victim of a media campaign"
- 28 Oct 14:48 ATLETICO MADRID keen on Ascacibar
- 26 Oct 22:37 FC SEVILLE - Eyes on Udinese/Watford talent PENARANDA
- 26 Oct 20:02 OFFICIAL - REAL MADRID, Lucas Vazquez extends his deal until 2021
- 26 Oct 19:06 BARCELONA - Mathieu injured: out for three weeks
- 25 Oct 21:04 FC SEVILLE still keen on HOFFENHEIM's Rudy
- 24 Oct 19:55 GRANADA - Andreas PEREIRA wants to join United back and play first team
- 21 Oct 20:21 VALENCIA keen on Las Palmas' Vicente GOMEZ
- 21 Oct 09:01 BARCELONA, Suarez: "I want to finish my career here"
- 20 Oct 18:33 OFFICIAL - FC SEVILLE sign B squad forward IVI on new contract
- 20 Oct 18:17 LAS PALMAS about to announce new contract for ROQUE MESA
- 19 Oct 21:03 REAL MADRID - Modric: "Our target is the league, but winning the Champions League..."
- 19 Oct 16:04 REAL BETIS challenge Sampdoria on Hungarian winger KADAR
- 19 Oct 08:12 BARCELONA, Guardiola: "Messi may decide a move to England"
- 17 Oct 14:39 BARCELONA FC announce NEYMAR will pen new contract next Friday
- 17 Oct 10:22 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: "Carrasco can be whatever he wants to be"
- 15 Oct 14:44 ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: "Griezmann responded brilliantly to Ribery"
- 13 Oct 18:52 VALENCIA, Diego ALVES: "I want to sign a new contract for my current club. I know I save a lot of penalties, nonetheless they make me nervous"
- 13 Oct 17:06 REAL MADRID - Kroos: "My plan is to retire here"
- 13 Oct 11:47 OFFICIAL - ATHLETIC BILBAO, Markel Susaeta extends until 2019
- 12 Oct 11:43 OFFICIAL - SEVILLE, Lionel Scaloni joins Sampaoli's staff
- 12 Oct 07:30 REAL MADRID, Casemiro: "I'll never join Barcelona"
- 11 Oct 18:37 Former Real Madrid star Michel SALGADO makes an offer for purchasing CELTA VIGO
- 11 Oct 11:43 OFFICIAL - SEVILLE, Lionel Scaloni joins Sampaoli's staff
- 10 Oct 21:05 ATLETICO MADRID - Vrsalijko: "I would like to play, but I don't think to leave"
- 10 Oct 18:05 ATLETICO MADRID - Vrsaljko aims to prove his worth to Simeone
- 10 Oct 17:14 REAL MADRID - Sergio Ramos will stop 10 days
- 08 Oct 22:51 REAL BETIS, Adán: "European top teams keen on me, but I love this club"
- 08 Oct 09:08 BARCELONA - Jordi Alba will stop for ten days
- 07 Oct 22:04 BARCELONA - Rakitic: "I don't play a lot, I don't what to say, I just work hard"
- 07 Oct 14:56 ATLETICO MADRID, Gabi after new contract: "I'm happy and proud"
- 07 Oct 10:14 ARSENAL , Hleb: "Wenger like a father, he trusted me"
- 04 Oct 16:14 ATLETICO MADRID - Gabi set to sign contract extension
- 04 Oct 13:59 CROATIA - Rakitic stays in BARCELONA for an Achille's tendon injury
- 03 Oct 23:04 REAL MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo: "My son got only one idol: his dad"
- 03 Oct 19:18 VALENCIA v ATLETICO MADRID - Scouts from 9 clubs at Mestalla yesterday
- 03 Oct 16:32 REAL MADRID - Zidane: "There is no crisis, but we got some problems"
- 03 Oct 11:52 REAL MADRID, Zidane: "We can't carry on like this"
- 03 Oct 08:31 BARCELONA, Enrique: "I am the one responsible for this defeat"
- 01 Oct 19:27 REAL MADRID - Medical report on MODRIC
- 29 Sep 15:48 VALENCIA - Half fans not thrilled with PRANDELLI, according to poll
- 29 Sep 09:49 SEVILLE, Balague: “Wonderful seeing Nasri enjoying his football again”
- 28 Sep 12:47 OFFICIAL - SEVILLE: Iborra extends until 2020
- 27 Sep 14:44 VALENCIA - 5 names for managing position
- 27 Sep 11:49 ATLETICO MADRID, Gameiro: "Simeone told me he wanted another striker"
- 27 Sep 10:33 ATLETICO MADRID, Griezmann praises his manager Simeone
- 26 Sep 22:28 BARCELONA - Pique could be tempted by a move to the MLS
- 26 Sep 16:15 BARCELONA FC - 20 players called up for CL clash against 'Gladbach
- 25 Sep 21:29 ATLETICO MADRID - Augusto will undergo surgery, out seven months
- 25 Sep 13:46 Liga/ LEGANES v VALENCIA 1-2 FT
- 24 Sep 21:42 LIGA/ USD LAS PALMAS 2 VS 2 REAL MADRID
- 24 Sep 20:57 MALAGA, Al-Thani: "I fully trust Juande RAMOS"
- 24 Sep 11:32 REAL MADRID - Marcelo misses LAS PALMAS clash due to calf strain
- 23 Sep 13:06 Zidane : "Barcelona will miss Messi"
- 23 Sep 09:03 SPORTING GIJON - Douglas Pereira gets injured resting on the team bus
- 22 Sep 22:32 LIGA/ La Liga Results FT
- 22 Sep 12:03 BARCELONA - Iniesta: "We deserved to win with ATLETICO"
- 22 Sep 09:22 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "We did enough to win the game"
- 22 Sep 08:31 ATLETICO, Simeone: "In the second half we played the game we wanted"
- 20 Sep 17:22 BARCA-Umtiti out of Atletico clash
Playing in AC Milan development area, Italian Under-17 international centre-back Moris Sportelli, turning 17 next January 31, is being scouted by Chelsea, FC Seville and Stoke City, according to latest rumours collected through TMW sources of ours. The 2000-born will be however p
Playing in AC Milan development area, Italian Under-17 international centre-back Moris Sportelli, turning 17 next January 31, is being scouted by Chel
Establishing himself as one of the most interesting 2000-born in European football, Slovakian Under-17 international winger/forward Vaclav Cerny, acco
Turning 28 next Saturday, December 10, former Serbian international centre-back Neven Subotic, beaten by injuries during latest seasons, is still trac
According to French news, Rennes management stroke a deal with Real Madrid on signing almost 18-year old Norwegian international midfielder Martin Ode
As confirmed first by Hertha Berlin manager, Pal Dardai (http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=181582), then by the player himself (