REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 12.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 17 May 22:30 Real Madrid, Varane: "In France an important stage of my career"
- 16 May 17:58 Barcelona, Dani Alves: "No matter what they say, we are the best in the world"
- 16 May 17:32 Riquelme: "There is no one like Messi . It must be protected"
- 15 May 09:52 LEVANTE - Ghilas set for a comeback to Porto
- 10 May 10:36 MALAGA - Atsu eager to stay in Spain
- 05 May 07:29 LEVANTE, Veteran captain Juanfran announces quitting
- 04 May 13:36 BARCELONA - Piqué: "I hope Inter and Milan come back soon"
- 01 May 21:25 LA LIGA - Full Time Scores
- 30 Apr 16:06 REAL MADRID - James offered to Juventus
- 30 Apr 15:35 LA LIGA - Real Betis Balón Pie VS FC Barcelona
- 30 Apr 14:03 LA LIGA - Atlético Madrid VS Rayo Vallecano
- 30 Apr 13:09 LA LIGA - Real Sociedad VS Real Madrid
- 30 Apr 11:33 ATHLETIC BILBAO - San José: "I'm not leaving"
- 30 Apr 10:41 VALENCIA - Eyes on Meré
- 30 Apr 09:36 REAL SOCIEDAD - Target Emenike
- 30 Apr 09:02 ATELTICO MADRID - Godin to feature against Bayern
- 29 Apr 18:08 BARCELONA - The new whim of Neymar, who bought a plane for $9 million
- 29 Apr 10:56 VILLAREAL - Bakambu: "Not scared for the second leg"
- 29 Apr 09:21 VALENCIA - Jardim new target
- 28 Apr 14:10 UCL/ATLETICO MADRID - Saul: "The best goal of my career"
- 28 Apr 12:10 BARCELONA - Bartra to leave
- 28 Apr 11:54 REAL MADRID - Bumper bid for de Gea
- 28 Apr 11:19 BARCELONA - Preferential option on Saul Niguez
- 27 Apr 17:58 REAL MADRID - Ronaldo race for fitness ahead of CL clash
- 27 Apr 13:52 BARCELONA - Six defenders could leave
- 27 Apr 11:25 BARCELONA -Target Thiago Silva
- 27 Apr 11:14 VALENCIA - Try to appoint Prandelli
- 26 Apr 13:39 REAL SOCIEDAD - Inigo Martinez extends his contract
- 26 Apr 09:35 CHELSEA - Diego Costa makes surprise appearance in Madrid
- 24 Apr 21:25 LA LIGA - Villarreal 0 - 0 Real Sociedad - Full Time Result
- 24 Apr 21:21 LA LIGA - Villareal 0-0 Real Sociedad
- 24 Apr 19:04 LA LIGA - Getafe 2-2 Valemcia (FT)
- 24 Apr 18:35 LA LIGA - Villareal FC vs Real Sociedad FC (Lineup)
- 24 Apr 18:05 LA LIGA- Getafe 0-0 Valencia (HT)
- 24 Apr 16:50 LA LIGA - Sevilla FC 2-0 Real Betis Balón Pie (FT)
- 24 Apr 16:33 LA LIGA - Getafe FC vs Valencia FC
- 24 Apr 14:35 LA LIGA - SEVILLA DERBY: Sevilla FC VS Real Betis Balón Pie (Lineup)
- 24 Apr 12:54 LA LIGA - Levante 2-2 Athletic (FT)
- 23 Apr 21:26 LA LIGA - FC Barcelona 6-0 Sporting Gijon (FT)
- 23 Apr 20:14 LA LIGA - Barcelona 1-0 Sporting de Gijón (Half Time)
- 23 Apr 19:26 LA LIGA - Atlético Madrid 1-0 Málaga (FT)
- 23 Apr 18:14 LA LIGA - Atlético Madrid 0-0 Málaga (half time)
- 23 Apr 17:00 LA LIGA/Rayo Vallecano v Real Madrid Full-time Report
- 23 Apr 16:46 REAL MADRID- Benzema injured: a doubt for Champions League semi-final
- 23 Apr 16:01 LA LIGA/Rayo Vallecano v Real Madrid Halftime Report
- 23 Apr 14:55 LA LIGA - Rayo Vallecano Vs Real Madrid Lineup
- 23 Apr 08:33 BILBAO - Iñigo Martinez as a replacement for Laporte
- 23 Apr 08:18 SEVILLA - Set to battle Inter for Feghouli
- 23 Apr 07:43 VALENCIA - Keen on Marco Asensio
- 22 Apr 19:42 REAL MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo, Casemiro and Carvajal missing for Rayo trip
- 22 Apr 19:25 BARCELONA - Luis Enrique: I hope we have overcome the doldrums
- 22 Apr 14:29 REAL MADRID - Ramos will retire at Madrid
- 22 Apr 11:30 VALENCIA, Mustafi: "I'm fine here, but there are many offers for me"
- 21 Apr 14:09 BARCELONA - Neymar to miss the Copa America
- 20 Apr 22:55 LA LIGA / Real Madrid 3-0 Villareal
- 20 Apr 22:17 LA LIGA / Malaga 1-1 Rayo Vallecano (Ended)
- 20 Apr 22:14 LA LIGA / Valencia 4-0 Eibar (Ended)
- 20 Apr 22:03 LA LIGA / Athletic Club 0-1 Atletico Madrid (Ended)
- 20 Apr 21:55 LA LIGA / Sporting Gijon 2-1 Sevilla (Ended)
- 20 Apr 21:01 LA LIGA / Deportivo La Coruña 0-8 FC Barcelona (Ended)
- 20 Apr 20:49 LA LIGA / Valencia 3-0 Eibar (first half)
- 20 Apr 20:39 LA LIGA / Athletic 0-1 Atletico de Madrid (first half)
- 20 Apr 20:38 LA LIGA - Real Madrid - Villareal Lineup
- 20 Apr 19:41 LA LIGA - Valencia - Eibar Line
- 20 Apr 19:30 LA LIGA - Málaga - Rayo Vallecano Lineup
- 20 Apr 19:18 LA LIGA - Sporting Gijon - Sevilla Lineup
- 20 Apr 19:09 LA LIGA - Athletic - Atletico Madrid lineup
- 20 Apr 18:26 LA LIGA - Deportivo La Coruña - FC Barcelona lineup
- 20 Apr 11:46 BARCELONA - Hummels not for sale
- 19 Apr 21:44 Espanyol v Celta Vigo 1-1 / Real Betis v Las Palmas 1-0
- 19 Apr 17:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Neymar focused on turning Barca around"
- 19 Apr 15:51 ATLETICO MADRID - Godin: Great relationship with Suarez
- 19 Apr 15:33 REAL MADRID - Gareth Bale and Carvajal will not be against Villareal
- 19 Apr 12:56 Barcelona, Atletico or Real: Who has the toughest run in?
- 15 Apr 17:37 BARCELONA - Dani Alves makes light of Barcelona's European exit
- 14 Apr 14:54 UCL/ATLETICO MADRID - Simeone: "We never stopped believing"
- 13 Apr 09:10 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "Blancos for Champions League and La Liga double"
- 12 Apr 18:09 REAL MADRID, Modric: "We can go through thanks to our supporters"
- 12 Apr 11:49 UCL/BARCELONA - Barca pair to miss Champions League tie
- 11 Apr 10:29 EUROPA LEAGUE - Nolito ‘Celta practically in Europe, but...’
- 10 Apr 22:15 LA LIGA - Full time: Athletic Bilbao 1 - Rayo Vallecano
- 10 Apr 22:14 LA LIGA - Full time: Villarreal 2 - 0 Getafe
- 10 Apr 22:08 LA LIGA - Full time: Valencia 2 - 1 Sevilla
- 10 Apr 22:04 LA LIGA - Full time: Sporting Gijon 0 - 1 Celta Vigo
- 10 Apr 15:00 ATLETICO MADRID target BENFICA's Gaitan
- 09 Apr 21:52 LA LIGA - Saturday's Scores
- 08 Apr 07:26 SEVILLA - Emery: "A moderate joy, we still got 90 minutes to play"
- 08 Apr 06:49 ATHLETIC BILBAO - Aduriz: "We can do a come back in the second leg"
- 07 Apr 09:37 BARCELONA - Xavi: "I want to coach Barcelona"
- 07 Apr 09:04 REAL MADRID - Benzema injured against Wolfsburg
- 06 Apr 12:22 BARCELONA FC, Ter Stegen: "No agreement with City. I'll talk to Barça after season runs out"
- 06 Apr 09:37 BARCELONA - Xavi: "I want to coach Barcelona"
- 05 Apr 22:16 ATLETICO MADRID - 'We are still alive' says Luis
- 05 Apr 20:58 LA LIGA - La Liga report Cristiano Ronaldo abuse
- 05 Apr 08:32 LA LIGA / LEVANTE - GIJON: Final Score
- 04 Apr 21:04 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - Piqué warns Atlético: Barcelona could be unstoppable
- 04 Apr 08:32 LA LIGA / LEVANTE - GIJON: Final Score
- 03 Apr 22:58 La Liga - Sunday's Scores
- 03 Apr 12:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa: "My future? I don't know, but I can't imagine myself anywhere but here"
- 03 Apr 10:28 LA LIGA - Barcelona 1-2 Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo grabs late El Clasico winner
- 24 May 10:47 SOUTHAMPTON keeping tabs on Simone Zaza
- 24 May 10:33 CHELSEA join the chase to sign Medhi Benatia
- 24 May 10:21 Everton - Lukaku want come back Chelsea
- 24 May 10:13 CRYSTAL PALACE set to place a bid for Demba Ba
- 24 May 09:58 BAYERN MUNICH - Hummels: "Leaving Borussia was very difficult"
- 24 May 09:57 Liverpool: Doctor for Karius
- 24 May 09:42 MANCHESTER UNITED - Van Gaal: "Disappointed to leave, it has been an honour"
- 24 May 09:40 BREAKING NEWS - Josè Mourinho has left his house
- 24 May 09:40 Manchester United: "Giggs poised"
- 24 May 09:23 Leicester: magic clause for Vardy
- 24 May 09:20 LYON - To appoint Houllier as general manager
- 24 May 09:02 INTER MILAN - Zanetti: "Simeone won't join us"
- 24 May 08:46 LAZIO, Rich renewal offer submitted to Biglia
- 24 May 08:30 WEST HAM, Survey on Borja Valero
- 24 May 08:15 AC MILAN, A suitor ready if Kucka leaves
- 24 May 08:00 JUVENTUS, First offer for Janmaat submitted to Newcastle
- 24 May 02:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Lazio reject first offer for Candreva
- 24 May 01:45 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Lokomotiv Moscow hire N'Dinga from AS Monaco
- 24 May 01:30 TRABZONSPOR, Approaching Yamaguchi
- 24 May 01:15 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Dynamo Kyiv sign Gladkiy
- 24 May 01:00 OLYMPIQUE LYON, Fofana considers quitting football
- 24 May 00:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Lazio, back tracking Walace
- 24 May 00:30 MONCHENGLADBACH, Vestergaard about to join
- 24 May 00:15 WATFORD, Mazzarri wants Juan Jesus
- 24 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, From Spain: Morata's agent meets Real Madrid bosses
- 23 May 23:53 JUVENTUS, A new loan suitor for Andrés Tello
- 23 May 23:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Norwich City extend Whittaker's contract
- 23 May 23:38 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Cabral renews for Celta Vigo
- 23 May 23:31 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Mammana's entourage in London: in talks with Chelsea
- 23 May 23:24 FIORENTINA, Babacar might join Serie A greenhorns Crotone
- 23 May 23:17 REAL MADRID, 3 suitors for Arbeloa
- 23 May 23:09 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Nancy sign N'Guessan
- 23 May 22:15 Lazio, postive meeting with Prandelli
- 23 May 22:02 OFFICIAL: Manchester United, Louis Van Gaal leaves the club
- 23 May 21:33 CRYSTAL PALACE - keen on INTER's Santon
- 23 May 21:01 PSG - Van Der Wiel to leave
- 23 May 20:51 VAN GAAL official statement on sacking
- 23 May 20:50 MANCHESTER UNTIED - official statement on Van Gaal
- 23 May 20:19 MANCHESTER UNITED - Rashford to make England debut
- 23 May 19:44 WEST BROM - Pulis shows interest in Tiote
- 23 May 19:14 TOTTENHAM - Son: "I'm not worried about transfer rumours"
- 23 May 18:46 BAYERN MUNICH - Sanches: " I chose Bayern over United"
- 23 May 18:26 Celtic, Rodgers: "This club is an institution. I'm excited"
- 23 May 18:17 Fiorentina, from Spain: even Galatasaray follows Giuseppe Rossi
- 23 May 18:12 ARSENAL - Wenger: "Rosicky was perfect fit for Arsenal"
- 23 May 18:11 Napoli, the promise made by Higuain to Sarri: "I'll see you in Dimaro"
- 23 May 18:01 Inter, Moratti and Suning agreement: "Possible news soon"
- 23 May 17:57 Zanetti: "Simeone would coach Inter, but Mancini is a great coach"
- 23 May 17:45 Roma, Pallotta arrives in June. Totti and stadium on the agenda
- 23 May 17:43 LIVERPOOL - Hitzfeld: "Gotze perfect fit for Reds"
After a disappointing second season spent playing for Newcastle, ended with the team getting relegated to Football Championship, Dutch international right backwing Daryl Janmaat (26) is likely to leave Magpies, at least on loan. Hoping to get him on a low price, Ju
According to Sky Sport there were advances in the negotiations between Lazio and Cesare Prandelli. After meeting between the Biancocelesti and former
Raphael Varane, Real Madrid defender, has spoken at L'Equipe: Euro 2016? :" The idea is really to live an important stage of my career
Louis Van Gaal it is no longer Manchester United's manager. The club, with a brief note on his official site, announced Dutch departure with immed
Liverpool have reportedly eyed Javier Pastore in action for Paris Saint-Germain on Friday, according to France Football.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan was elected by Kicker, Bundesliga's best player. A prestigious award for the Armenian Borussia Dortmund midfielder followed in