REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 11.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 17 Apr 08:21 BARCELONA, Bartra: "This defeat saddens us because we fought until the end"
- 17 Apr 08:12 BARCELONA, Xavi: "Madrid hurt us on counterattack"
- 16 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Torres would like to come back here"
- 15 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Puyol: "I don't think I will stay"
- 14 Apr 09:45 BARCELONA FC, Zubizarreta: "Messi's renewal? Things are going quite well"
- 11 Apr 19:45 BARCELONA, Bartra out of Granada squad
- 11 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I don't want to leave"
- 10 Apr 17:15 BAYERN MUNICH, Robben: "We did well and deserved the 3-1 victory"
- 10 Apr 14:45 REAL MADRID, CR7 injured
- 10 Apr 12:17 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I do not know if Atletico deserved this win"
- 10 Apr 06:00 CELTA, Rafinha: "I am not in talks with Barša"
- 09 Apr 06:00 RAYO, Longo's agent: "He is happy in Spain"
- 08 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois elusive about his future
- 07 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Zubizarreta has no fault"
- 06 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "I am not resigning"
- 05 Apr 06:00 GRANADA, Pina: "No agreement with Real for Siqueira"
- 04 Apr 06:00 BETIS, Reyes: "I would stay even in the Second division"
- 03 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Pinto: "My future? I live day by day"
- 02 Apr 08:45 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti prepares Madrid for Dortmund reprise
- 02 Apr 08:34 ATLETICO MADRID, Gabi: "This was probably the biggest match I've played at the Camp Nou"
- 02 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "He won't leave"
- 01 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Alves: "I want to continue here"
- 31 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Real? I'll stay here or move to Chelsea"
- 30 Mar 06:59 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Many clubs after Diego Costa"
- 29 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi won't leave, as well as Martino"
- 28 Mar 06:00 GETAFE, Sarabia: "Honored of United's interest, but.."
- 27 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "No contacts with Napoli"
- 26 Mar 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Griezmann: "No contacts with PSG"
- 25 Mar 06:00 VALLADOLID, Rossi: "I would like to stay, but.."
- 24 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Villa: "The one in Brazil would be my last World Cup"
- 23 Mar 06:29 REAL SOCIEDAD, Vela: "Don't know much about my future"
- 22 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Valdes: "Martino will stay"
- 21 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, D. Lopez: "I want to stay"
- 20 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa: "I hope to be back for the CL final"
- 19 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo will end his career here"
- 18 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I also dream to train the Italian NT"
- 17 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "Here forever? I don't know"
- 16 Mar 06:29 CELTA, Mouri˝o: "We would like to keep Rafinha"
- 15 Mar 06:29 BETIS, Didac Vila's agent: "His future? Soon we'll see.."
- 14 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I could remain forever"
- 13 Mar 10:08 BARCELONA, Messi: "We're back to our best "
- 13 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Pogba? Why not?!"
- 12 Mar 12:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Costa: "I'm doing well in the Champions League and I'm scoring a lot "
- 12 Mar 06:15 ATLETICO, Villaverde: "Many suitors for Diego Costa"
- 11 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO/ Courtois: "False news about myself"
- 10 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We believe in our team"
- 08 Mar 06:19 REAL SOCIEDAD, Vela: "Arsenal? I am happy here"
- 07 Mar 06:15 BARCELONA, Bartra: "I am ready to become Puyol's heir"
- 06 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "I know who will replace Valdes"
- 05 Mar 06:15 REAL MADRID, Xabi Alonso: "I wouldn't mind moving to the US"
- 17 Apr 22:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Howard renews with Everton
- 17 Apr 22:20 ITALY/ INTER, Duel with Atletico for Hernandez
- 17 Apr 22:00 BELGIUM/ CHARLEROI, Salamone on trial
- 17 Apr 21:37 ITALY/ VERONA, New contract for Toni ready
- 17 Apr 21:17 FRANCE/ OL, Chantome to replace Gonalons
- 17 Apr 20:59 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Also Monaco after Baselli
- 17 Apr 20:39 BRAZIL/ FLUMINENSE, Timb˛ likely to join
- 17 Apr 20:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Eyes on Lucas Rodriguez
- 17 Apr 20:00 GREECE/ APOLLON, Also Chievo after Petropoulos
- 17 Apr 19:45 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Three clubs after Benalouane
- 17 Apr 19:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Pedro Martins will quit Maritimo
- 17 Apr 19:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Gilardino?
- 17 Apr 19:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA, Three Italian clubs after Colazo
- 17 Apr 18:45 ITALY/ UDINESE, Khazri about to join
- 17 Apr 18:30 AUSTRIA/ RED BULL, Also Stuttgart after Klein
- 17 Apr 18:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Sprint for Elkeson
- 17 Apr 18:00 FRANCE/ MONTPELLIER, Two English clubs after Stambouli
- 17 Apr 17:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Also Borussia after Cuadrado
- 17 Apr 17:30 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, In the summer Pavlovic will leave
- 17 Apr 17:13 ITALY/ INTER, Nothing to do for Sagna: he'll sign a 3-year deal with Arsenal
- 17 Apr 17:00 FRANCE/ PDG, TourÚ the alternative to Pogba
- 17 Apr 16:44 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "Signing my first contract for the club was an emotional moment "
- 17 Apr 16:30 FRANCE/ PSG, Interest for Baselli confirmed
- 17 Apr 16:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Agreement with Lulic
- 17 Apr 16:00 GERMANY/ BAYER, Derdiyok won't stay
- 17 Apr 15:45 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Also Galatasaray after Kavlak
- 17 Apr 15:30 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Rebrov is Dynamo new coach
- 17 Apr 15:15 ITALY/ JUVE, De Girolamo targeted by Juve and Arsenal
- 17 Apr 15:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ochoa: "Playing for AC Milan would be a dream"
- 17 Apr 14:45 BRAZIL/ PALMEIRAS, Offer for Maicon refused
- 17 Apr 14:30 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Duel to Hamburg for Mame Diouf
- 17 Apr 14:15 INTER & GALATASARAY, That's the duel for Lavezzi
- 17 Apr 14:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Keen on Carlinhos
- 17 Apr 13:45 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Survey on Laporte
- 17 Apr 13:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Draxler's agent message to Arsenal: "Why should he leave such a club?"
- 17 Apr 13:15 ITALY/ GENOA, Eyes on Engels
- 17 Apr 13:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Survey on Hazard junior
- 17 Apr 12:44 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Dinamo Kiev: axed the coach Blokhin
- 17 Apr 12:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Pasalic's agent confirms transfer done
- 17 Apr 12:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Plan for signing Gabbiadini on a full basis
- 17 Apr 12:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Abate doubtful on his future
- 17 Apr 11:45 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini admits City were mentally shattered
- 17 Apr 11:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Veteran Wetklo more and more likely to join
- 17 Apr 11:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, In the end Rio Ferdinand might renew
- 17 Apr 11:00 ENGLAND/ FULHAM, Holtby: "NT? Unlikely"
- 17 Apr 10:45 ENGLAND/ FULHAM, Duff announces leaving
- 17 Apr 10:30 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Allardyce observing Giaccherini
- 17 Apr 10:17 FRANCE/ O.M., 4 Serie A rivals towards Bautheac
- 17 Apr 10:05 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UTD, Moyes watches Garay and Mangala in Portugal scouting mission
- 17 Apr 09:56 AC MILAN & MANCHESTER UNITED, Eyes on Kjaer
Speaking to Juventus Members in a live video chat this afternoon in Vinovo, Leonardo Bonucci has stated his intention to write new pages in the already glorious club history books by lifting a third consecutive Scudetto title with Juventus.
Linked up to subscribers to...
Speaking to Juventus Members in a live video chat this afternoon in Vinovo, Leonardo Bonucci has stated his intention to write new pages in the...
Marc Bartra was one of the protagonists in the final of the Copa del Rey. The center back, who scored Barça goal, said “it’s...
Capable to score a double against West Ham, Lukas Podolski is one of the subjects mentioned by Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger during his...
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared about 24 year old midfielder Toni Kroos: "Bayern's executives will do all they can to...
Interviewed by globoesporte, PSG defender Alex has declared: "I have always said that I am very happy in Paris and I think that I will...