REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "We have a squad of 23 players and they all are important"
03.09.2012 11.00 by TM W
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
José Mourinho made a media appearance after the victory against Granada. The Real Madrid coach analysed situation with the squad for the season 2012/13: "We have a squad of of 20 outfield players and three goalkeepers. Nacho will be part of the first team. Morata, Jesús and Nacho can play with Castilla, but they are first team players. They all give us solutions, they all give us options they are all are important to the team because we have a reduced squad".
The coach of the Spanish Super Cup champions offered his assessment of the how the match went: "I did not like the way the team was playing, we had little ambition and not very much pace or intensity. A week is a very short space of time to achieve something in if you compare it with other areas in society and we have to make good use of our time. It is not enough to just win, we have to play better than we did."
The´ 'Whites’ coach wants to see the same level of commitment offered by the team in the match against Barcelona in every match: "I've seen a team that played to their limits against Barcelona from the first minute but in the league they have not done so. It is difficult to explain why. These are things that I have to figure out and work on. The team’s ambition and motivation are not as high as they could be and last season we wanted score more goals and kill the game off as early as possible. If we scored a goal we wanted to go and get the second. I cannot say that any one player had a bad game or showed a bad attitude, because it is not true, but I want more. The team has to work harder and have more intensity, that’s why I am not happy."
Mourinho spoke about Modric, who played his first game as a starter: "I am happy. He is not in a physical state to be able to play in other positions, so he takes a little more time to recover and does not work too hard in defence. He played for 45 or 60
minutes which was good for him. Now he will be the national team and it will be good if he keeps playing. Hopefully we’ll be lucky and he will get lots of pitch time because he has had a long time without playing, but gave a good performance against Barcelona and it was hard to play today his best when his team didn’t play very well."
He also had a few words to say about the Whites latest signing, Essien: "He has come on loan, he did know what he was going to get out of it, he came a bit in the dark, with the hope of helping out, to be useful and to try for Real Madrid to be able to keep him on at the end of the season. To me it is a fantastic move for the club." Another name that was mentioned in the press conference was Kaká: "Neither he nor anyone else is a dead-weight. Today we went in another direction, Benzema, Callejón, Modric played and we also wanted to give some stability to those that played against Barca. The three who were left out were the first choices, but a time will when Kaká will be an option."
Mourinho commended the changes to the squad made on the transfer market: "I have to reiterate the opinion I have about this president, the CEO and the board. This transfer period has been an example to society, demonstrating respect for the economic and social state of Europe, spending less than we have earned and doing two fantastic deals with Lass and Granero. They were in the final year of their contracts and in January they could have negotiated with another club. They could have turned down renewal deals and could left on a free transfer. We had the intelligence and acumen to make the most out of two players who have not wanted to renew."
Finally, when asked about the performance of the opposition Mourinho praised Granada and Anquela: "They are a team with a good coach and they are well organised, they are at the top level of football. Their team can play well or badly, with more or less talent, but always they are organised and know what to do on the field. They knew they had to play a more defensive match. Pepe and Marcelo played pretty well and they kept away from the goal. When we scored the second goal it became harder for them, but I think they are will do stay up in the end."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 06 Dec 06:00 ESPANYOL, Collet: "Casilla wants to stay"
- 05 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We respect Valdes' decision"
- 04 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Messi? I don't need him, I have Ronaldo"
- 03 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya: "We are in talks for a new contract, but.."
- 01 Dec 09:00 REAL MADRID, Sergio Ramos: "I have three more years on my contract"
- 30 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Sanabria's agent: "Roma, Milan and Arsenal concrete options"
- 29 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Bernat's agent: "He is happy here, but.."
- 28 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Alderweireld: "It would be great to have De Bruyne with us"
- 27 Nov 11:30 BARCELONA FC, Puyol on Ajax failure: "Our performance is unacceptable"
- 27 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA, Maduro: "I want to play somewhere else, even in Holland"
- 26 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Pinto: "I want to stay"
- 25 Nov 18:15 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Wenger should buy us a dinner for Ozil"
- 25 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "I want to stay forever"
- 24 Nov 09:30 SEVILLA, Rakitic: "The new contact? There is no hurry"
- 23 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 22 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "New contract? We'll see"
- 21 Nov 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "We won't yield Griezmann"
- 20 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Fabregas: "I want to end my career here"
- 19 Nov 19:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Xavi and Tello join Messi on the injury list
- 19 Nov 12:45 BARCELONA, Busquets backs Messi patience
- 19 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "We son't sign a substitute for Khedira"
- 18 Nov 09:19 REAL MADRID, Microsoft won't rename Santiago Bernabeu
- 18 Nov 05:59 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Iniesta's new contract? Before Christmas"
- 17 Nov 08:30 ATLETICO, Rodriguez's agent: "His future? There's an offer from England"
- 16 Nov 14:30 REAL MADRID, Medical report on Khedira's tough injury
- 16 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I would like Reina to join us"
- 15 Nov 11:30 BARCELONA FC, Neymar: "We are almost due to win World Cup. Leo Messi, join us back!"
- 15 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Villa: "No regrets about Barça, I'm happy here"
- 14 Nov 19:15 BARCELONA, 14 players in first team training
- 14 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Song: "My future? Now I am happy here"
- 13 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Modric: "I am happy here"
- 12 Nov 12:04 BARCELONA, Fàbregas is pleased with his current form
- 12 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Banega's agent: "Many clubs are tracking him"
- 11 Nov 08:00 BARCELONA, Piqué: "Messi the best player ever"
- 10 Nov 09:29 ESPANYOL, Collet: "Casilla is going nowhere"
- 09 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Casillas wants to stay"
- 08 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Sergi Roberto's agent: "No contacts with Milan"
- 07 Nov 18:30 REAL MADRID, Morata: "My time will come, I am just thinking about enjoying myself"
- 07 Nov 16:26 BARCELONA, Neymar: "The team is growing, bit by bit"
- 07 Nov 12:26 BARCELONA, Messi: "Calm about recovering from injury"
- 07 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Banega's agent: "PSG? I don't think it's possible"
- 06 Nov 15:30 REAL MADRID, U.S. computer titan Microsoft ready to colonize Santiago Bernabeu
- 05 Nov 16:00 BARCELONA, Dos Santos operation succesful
- 05 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Galliani is the CR7 of the executives"
- 04 Nov 19:15 BARCELONA, Dos Santos to undergo operation
- 02 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I won't join Napoli"
- 01 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Djukic: "I will keep on leading this team"
- 30 Oct 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "I am happy here, but..."
- 30 Oct 00:45 ATLETICO MADRID, Costa reveals why he chose Spain over Brazil
- 29 Oct 16:44 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Blatter showed a lack of respect for Cristiano Ronaldo"
- 09 Dec 15:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, José Maria Del Nido quits as chairman after 7 years sentence
- 09 Dec 15:00 ARSENAL, Arteta: "Everton have been the best side we faced in Premier League this year"
- 09 Dec 14:45 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Back for Jovetic
- 09 Dec 14:32 FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013, Nominees for the awards revealed
- 09 Dec 14:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Submarino Amarillo icon Cani extends on long term
- 09 Dec 14:15 ARSENAL & LIVERPOOL, Survey on Calhanoglu
- 09 Dec 14:00 ITALY/ INTER, One more suitor for Belfodil
- 09 Dec 12:45 ENGLAND/ QPR, Benayoun will sign this week
- 09 Dec 12:30 ITALY/ INTER, Kovacic: "A wasted opportunity... pity"
- 09 Dec 12:15 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Allardyce in doubts
- 09 Dec 12:05 BRAZIL/ BOTAFOGO, Seedorf keeps breaking every record!
- 09 Dec 12:00 ITALY/ INTER, Handanovic: "I hold my hands up and apologise to everyone"
- 09 Dec 11:41 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho laments imperfections
- 09 Dec 11:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Barker Appointed Pompey Boss
- 09 Dec 11:15 INTER, Mazzarri: "More attention to detail. Now we think about our next game"
- 09 Dec 10:31 ITALY/ INTER, Zanetti. "My tendon is responding better"
- 09 Dec 10:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Muntari: "I'm ready for Ajax"
- 09 Dec 10:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger on consistency, Ozil and regrets
- 09 Dec 09:45 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "That was our toughest test"
- 09 Dec 09:30 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Observing Finnbogason
- 09 Dec 09:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Eyes on Van Persie
- 09 Dec 09:02 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "The squad needs more of my attention"
- 09 Dec 08:51 FRANCE/ RENNES, Also United interested in Bakayoko
- 09 Dec 01:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, The Special One wants Mascherano
- 09 Dec 00:30 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Arsenal surveying Rafinha
- 08 Dec 23:30 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, One more suitor for Otamendi
- 08 Dec 22:30 FRANCE/ PSG, In touch with Sergio Ramos' entourage
- 08 Dec 21:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Back for Ghoulam
- 08 Dec 20:30 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone wants Cristante
- 08 Dec 19:30 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Eyes on Sciaudone
- 08 Dec 18:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Expect the unexpected: Van Persie wants to leave
- 08 Dec 17:30 ITALY/ INTER, Attempt for David Luiz
- 08 Dec 16:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Suggestion for Rafael
- 08 Dec 15:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Fabio Coentrao on target
- 08 Dec 14:30 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "We want Suarez to stay with us, we'll talk about the renewal"
- 08 Dec 13:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Accelerating towards Mangala
- 08 Dec 11:30 ENGLAND/ QPR, Redknapp confirms Benayoun on arrival
- 08 Dec 09:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Cvitanich might join in January
- 08 Dec 07:30 LAZIO, Klose: "MLS and Lerverkusen attract me"
- 08 Dec 01:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Duel to Real Madrid for Glen Johnson
- 07 Dec 23:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Survey on Insigne
- 07 Dec 21:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Muniain on target: Llorente set to talk him into joining
- 07 Dec 19:30 FRANCE/ PSG, Desperate try for Balotelli
- 07 Dec 17:30 ITALY/ INTER, Ranocchia might leave in January
- 07 Dec 15:30 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "World Cup draws? Doesn't matter who you get"
- 07 Dec 13:30 SCOTLAND/ CELTIC, Test period for Yamada
- 07 Dec 11:30 ARSENAL v EVERTON - Preview, Wenger: "Martinez is doing remarkably well. But we are hungry for winning"
- 07 Dec 09:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, From Spain: Di Maria towards Ligue 1
- 07 Dec 07:30 ITALY/ TORINO, Barreto might leave in January
- 06 Dec 21:30 ARSENAL, Updates on Podolski
After having faced former club of his Everton, in the tough 1-1 game drawn yesterday by Arsenal at Emirates Stadium, Spanish central midfielder Mikel Arteta commented: "In terms of chances I think we had the better ones, but the draw is the fair result for both teams....
Inter's club Walter Mazzarri spoke to the media following his side's draw with Parma. Here's what he had to say:
Interviewed by Esport3, Espanyol president Joan Collet has declared about 27 year old goalkeeeper Kiko Casilla: "We want him to remain with...
After having faced former club of his Everton, in the tough 1-1 game drawn yesterday by Arsenal at Emirates Stadium, Spanish central midfielder...
Interviewed by TMW, Oscar Daniani Junior, agent of Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, has declared: "Napoli have been...
Interviewed by Milliyet, Fenerbahçe winger Milos Krasic, actually on loan at Bastia, has declared: "It's not easy to play in...