LIVERPOOL, Agger: "It's up to us all"
04.09.2012 09.30 by TM W
Daniel Agger believes the Liverpool squad must take collective responsibility for scoring goals - but insists he remains optimistic about what can be achieved this season.
The Reds have found the back of the net twice in their three Barclays Premier League fixtures so far, however the Denmark defender is confident they will soon start turning chances created into goals scored.
Agger said: "You could see against Arsenal that it wasn't only one player. It wasn't two players, it was three, four, five, six players who had chances, including myself.
"The chances are there and that's the most important thing. But we all need to start taking them.
"I'm still upbeat about the quality in the group. Everybody has to believe in it, otherwise they shouldn't be at a club like this."
Sunday's 2-0 defeat against Arsenal means Liverpool have collected just one point so far this term heading into the international break.
Agger acknowledges the Reds are yet to show their best, but feels the continuation of the hard work they're putting in at Melwood will soon begin to pay dividends.
"Overall we didn't play well enough," he reflected. "We gifted them two easy goals and didn't score any ourselves. You can't win a game if you do that.
"Nothing is easy to fix. Not in football and not in life. But we are working on the manager's ideas every single day, so hopefully we can get better and better during the course of the season."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Premier League (England)
- 21 Jul 06:19 MAN. UTD, Woodward: "We will invest on the transfer market"
- 20 Jul 06:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I can't assure Vermaelen will stay"
- 19 Jul 06:29 QPR, Fernandes: "I would like to keep Taarabt"
- 18 Jul 06:19 ARSENAL, Debuchy: "I'm in one of the biggest clubs in the world"
- 17 Jul 18:01 MANCHESTER UTD, Van Gaal: "My method is always the same"
- 17 Jul 06:30 TOTTEMHAM, Pochettino: "Happy for Lloris"
- 16 Jul 06:15 CHELSEA, Piazon: "I don't know what's going to happen"
- 15 Jul 06:39 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "I want to stay for many years"
- 14 Jul 14:01 MANCHESTER UNITED, Agreement with Adidas reached
- 14 Jul 13:15 TOTTENHAM, Medical report on Adebayor's malaria
- 14 Jul 06:30 ARSENAL, Gazidis: "We will only sign stars"
- 13 Jul 07:57 OL, Fournier: "Grenier could leave"
- 13 Jul 06:59 SWANSEA. Jenkins: "Fernandez? We need no defenders"
- 11 Jul 06:29 ARSENAL, Sanchez: "Happy to be here"
- 10 Jul 06:30 ARSENAL, Arteta's agent: "He is happy in London"
- 08 Jul 06:30 CHELSEA, Lukaku: "There are choices to make"
- 07 Jul 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Lovren: "My head is already at Liverpool"
- 04 Jul 06:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Ferdinand has accepted our offer"
- 03 Jul 06:19 QPR, Faurlin: "Happy of my new contract"
- 01 Jul 06:15 SWANSEA, Jenkins: "No enquiries for Jenkins"
- 28 Jun 06:29 MAN. UTD, Shaw: "I am here to win trophies"
- 26 Jun 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker : "Itís so special to face Klinsmann"
- 26 Jun 06:19 MAN. UTD, Hernandez: "Very few people have shown faith in me"
- 25 Jun 06:19 CHELSEA. Oscar: "I will stay"
- 24 Jun 16:15 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "FIFA must apologize to Costa Rica"
- 24 Jun 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Suarez's father-in-law: "He should move to Spain"
- 23 Jun 06:15 MAN. UTD, Fellaini: "I am not looking for a move"
- 22 Jun 06:59 QPR, Mbia: "My dream is to be coached by Mourinho"
- 21 Jun 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Training the English NT? Not yet"
- 20 Jun 19:44 CHELSEA, VIDEO: Mourinho: "Ozil is special"
- 20 Jun 18:44 MANCHESTER CITY, Ibrahim Toure dies at 28
- 20 Jun 13:22 CHELSEA,VIDEO: Mourinho: "All the World stops for the World Cup"
- 20 Jun 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "I am not intentioned to leave"
- 19 Jun 15:00 ARSENAL, Macey: "I canít remember having a bad day here"
- 19 Jun 06:19 MAN. UTD, Buttner: "It's time for me to leave"
- 18 Jun 09:40 ARSENAL, Balotelli signing would represent Wenger's greatest Arsenal gamble
- 18 Jun 06:19 CHELSEA. Fabregas: "I didn't leave BarÁa for a specific reason"
- 17 Jun 06:19 CHELSEA. Lukaku: "Proud of Juventus'interest, but.."
- 16 Jun 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Campbell will come back to us"
- 14 Jun 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "I am happy here"
- 13 Jun 06:15 MAN. CITY, Kolarov's agent: "Happy of my new contract"
- 12 Jun 16:30 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "Blues were the best option, with hunger for winning and an incredible manager"
- 12 Jun 06:19 MAN. CITY, Toure's father: "He won't leave"
- 11 Jun 17:30 ARSENAL, Ozil on World Cup: "LŲw made us strong and respected, he deserves to win this time"
- 11 Jun 16:15 ARSENAL, Koscielny on World Cup: "We are not favourites. Experienced player will have to help the young ones"
- 11 Jun 06:15 CHELSEA, Hazard: "I am not joining PSG"
- 10 Jun 15:00 ARSENAL, Podolski on World Cup: "Passing the group won't be the easy"
- 10 Jun 11:30 ARSENAL, Ramsey on World Cup: "Brazil have good chances, Argentina and Spain too. I want to get qualified for the next one with Wales"
- 10 Jun 06:19 WEST BROMWICH, Burton: "We won't sell Thorne"
- 09 Jun 06:15 CHELSEA, Lampard: "Selling Sturridge was a mistake"
- 22 Jul 19:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Mario Arques joins Elche
- 22 Jul 19:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID: New lead over Everton, Wolfsburg and Juventus on Lukaku
- 22 Jul 18:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Steps forward towards Armero
- 22 Jul 18:42 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bojan Krkic joins Stoke City
- 22 Jul 18:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea loan Pasalic out to Elche
- 22 Jul 18:15 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Galatasaray sign Sinan Bolat
- 22 Jul 18:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Vrsaljko joins Sassuolo
- 22 Jul 17:45 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Berlusconi and Inzaghi agree on signing Cerci
- 22 Jul 17:30 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW- Not only USA, offers also from Mexico for Robinho
- 22 Jul 17:14 ENGLAND, Liverpool join Arsenal in race to sign Manquillo
- 22 Jul 17:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 16:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Xavi: still in blaugrana
- 22 Jul 16:30 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE UNITED, Willing to let Sylvain Marveaux go
- 22 Jul 16:16 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Kolo Toure can leave
- 22 Jul 16:05 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW- Inter, thinking about Pulido
- 22 Jul 15:44 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa: Wolfsburg working for Cofie
- 22 Jul 15:30 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Bruce interested in Rose
- 22 Jul 15:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Man City, Huws yielded to Wigan
- 22 Jul 15:00 BRAZIL, Dunga is the new coach: "I am immensely happy to be back"
- 22 Jul 14:43 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Mlapa on loan to Nurberg
- 22 Jul 14:27 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "We have had no bid from Liverpool for Lovren"
- 22 Jul 14:13 FRANCE/ MONACO, Interested in Guarin
- 22 Jul 13:58 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Set to offload midfielder Javi Garcia
- 22 Jul 13:44 ITALY/ MILAN, Inzaghi calm over Balotelliís future
- 22 Jul 13:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Samp: arrives CampaŮa from Crystal Palace
- 22 Jul 13:15 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Nuno: "We like Enzo Perez"
- 22 Jul 13:00 FRANCE/ MONACO, Contacts for Griezmann confirmed
- 22 Jul 12:46 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Leicester sign Ulloa
- 22 Jul 12:32 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Beria renews with Lille
- 22 Jul 12:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez
- 22 Jul 12:00 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Kurtulus renews with Galatasaray
- 22 Jul 11:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Foster renews with WBA
- 22 Jul 11:29 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Kroos renews with Werder
- 22 Jul 11:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, To plan £150million spending spree
- 22 Jul 11:00 ITALY/ JUVE, Morata out 50 days
- 22 Jul 10:43 ITALY/ MILAN, Criscito's agent: "He stays in Russia"
- 22 Jul 10:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Atalanta: sign Boakye
- 22 Jul 10:16 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini interested in Drogba
- 22 Jul 10:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Wisdom joins West Bromwich Albion
- 22 Jul 10:00 ENGLAND/ SWANSEA, Medicals for Gylfi Sigurdsson
- 22 Jul 09:44 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA MOCHENGLADBACH, Mlapa on loan to Nurberg
- 22 Jul 09:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Afobe requited by Wigan
- 22 Jul 09:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Sprint for Shaqiri
- 22 Jul 08:45 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Hummels likely to join
- 22 Jul 08:30 FRANCE/ MONACO, Cavani wants to leave
- 22 Jul 08:22 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, £17m bid for Blind
- 22 Jul 08:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, New offer for Suarez
- 22 Jul 08:00 FRANCE/ MONACO, Idea Sneijder
- 22 Jul 07:40 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL, Auction for Diaz
- 22 Jul 07:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Morata injured
According to latest rumours reported in Italian media, Atletico Madrid are making significant steps forward towards the chance to sign Belgian international striker Romelu Lukaku (21), as a front-line partner for newcomer Mario Mandzukic. Set to leave Chelsea on a full...
On his first day of work after returning from his post-World Cup holidays, Yuto Nagatomo answered some questions from Roberto Scarpini...
Levante 27-year-old goalkeeper Keylor Navas has declared: "At the moment I haven't signed for anyone. In the future I hope to be able...
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared about 28-year-old defender Thomas Vermaelen: "I cannot guarantee he will stay, but should he go...
Interviewed by Sport1, Bayern Munich Sports Director Matthias Sammer has declared about 26-year-old Juan Cuadrado: "The rumours regarding...
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao has declared: "Now I am only thinking about recovering from my knee-injury. In any case, for the moment I...