LIVERPOOL, Agger: "It's up to us all"
04.09.2012 09.30 by TM W
Daniel Agger believes the Liverpool squad must take collective responsibility for scoring goals - but insists he remains optimistic about what can be achieved this season.
The Reds have found the back of the net twice in their three Barclays Premier League fixtures so far, however the Denmark defender is confident they will soon start turning chances created into goals scored.
Agger said: "You could see against Arsenal that it wasn't only one player. It wasn't two players, it was three, four, five, six players who had chances, including myself.
"The chances are there and that's the most important thing. But we all need to start taking them.
"I'm still upbeat about the quality in the group. Everybody has to believe in it, otherwise they shouldn't be at a club like this."
Sunday's 2-0 defeat against Arsenal means Liverpool have collected just one point so far this term heading into the international break.
Agger acknowledges the Reds are yet to show their best, but feels the continuation of the hard work they're putting in at Melwood will soon begin to pay dividends.
"Overall we didn't play well enough," he reflected. "We gifted them two easy goals and didn't score any ourselves. You can't win a game if you do that.
"Nothing is easy to fix. Not in football and not in life. But we are working on the manager's ideas every single day, so hopefully we can get better and better during the course of the season."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Premier League (England)
- 23 May 06:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "Suarez won't move"
- 22 May 06:15 CHELSEA, Torres: "Mourinho? One of the best managers in the world!"
- 21 May 06:15 LIVERPOOL, Gerrard: "We need new signings"
- 20 May 17:00 FULHAM, Jol: "We need a new goalkeeper"
- 20 May 15:30 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "I was looking forward to the opportunity of playing as a midfielder"
- 20 May 14:30 MAN. UNITED, Carrick: "Surreal atmosphere after Ferguson's final match. We reciprocally thanked for all"
- 20 May 06:15 MANCHESTER CITY, Nasri: "No contacts with PSG"
- 19 May 06:59 QPR, Redknapp: "No contacts with Arsenal for Julio Cesar"
- 18 May 18:59 ARSENAL, Sagna: "I admire Ibra, who never sold out. Playing with him? Why not?!"
- 18 May 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We are not after Rooney"
- 17 May 19:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We are the masters of our own fate"
- 17 May 17:40 ARSENAL, Wenger: "The worst thing for a manager is playing without any pressure"
- 17 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I’d love to have signed Beckham"
- 17 May 16:45 ARSENAL, Podolski: "We must qualify"
- 17 May 15:30 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Maybe Newcastle will give us a hard time by playing unpressured"
- 17 May 06:15 QPR, Julio Cesar: "I will leave, but I don't know where I will go"
- 16 May 16:45 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We showed we can share goals"
- 16 May 06:19 CHELSEA, Benitez: "I am not thinking about Napoli"
- 15 May 06:15 ARSENAL, Sagna's agent: "Anzhi? Too early to talk about it"
- 14 May 19:00 ARSENAL, Vermaelen: "Missing some games makes you stronger. My captaincy style is still the same"
- 14 May 18:30 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "I'm enjoying playing here. Very good partnership with Mertesacker, I progressed a lot"
- 14 May 06:19 QPR, Granero: "I don't want to play in the Championship"
- 13 May 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Adebayor: "My future remains uncertain"
- 12 May 06:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "We want to keep Škrtel"
- 11 May 15:00 TOTTENHAM, Villas-Boas: "Taking Bale away from us will be difficult for Manchester United"
- 11 May 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "Reina is not for sale"
- 10 May 06:15 WEST HAM, Sullivan: "We would like to keep Carroll"
- 09 May 19:00 CHELSEA, Lampard: "I could have done more for deserving a renewal"
- 09 May 15:30 MANCHESTER UNITED, Moyes: "It’s a great honour to be asked to be the next Manager "
- 09 May 06:15 MAN. CITY, Mancini: "Cavani and El Shaarawy? We are not the only club interested"
- 08 May 09:30 MANCHESTER UTD, David Gill: "16 unforgettable years with Ferguson"
- 08 May 06:15 ASTON VILLA, Lambert: "Lowton won't move"
- 07 May 10:30 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Let's qualify for Champions League, Tottenham have not enough quality"
- 07 May 10:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Podolski will play as a striker"
- 07 May 06:15 STOKE CITY, Pulis: "No offers for Begović"
- 06 May 20:00 ARSENAL, Podolski: "I'm fulfilled with my season, but now we must hit our target"
- 06 May 19:30 MANCHESTER CITY, Yaya Touré: "I might end my career here"
- 06 May 17:30 WEST HAM, Joe Cole: "All of us want Carroll to stay"
- 06 May 07:51 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Theo is so clinical now"
- 06 May 07:15 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "I'm happy with final games"
- 06 May 06:19 MAN. UTD., Ferguson asks for new signings
- 05 May 06:29 CHELSEA, Cech: "It would be a pleasure to work with Mourinho"
- 04 May 07:27 ST. ETIENNE, Aubameyang: "I like La Liga, the Premier League and the Bundesliga"
- 04 May 06:29 CHELSEA, Benayoun: "I have many offers, but.."
- 03 May 18:00 QPR, Redknapp: "If Arsenal want Julio Cesar, they need to make a good offer"
- 03 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Now we are financially strong"
- 03 May 10:29 LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "Every day to get better and better"
- 03 May 06:19 FULHAM, Berbatov's agent: "Russia interesting option, but.."
- 02 May 17:47 ARSENAL, Wenger: "How Santi has surprised me"
- 02 May 06:19 READING, Pogrebnyak's agent: "He wants to remain in England"
- 23 May 22:20 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Shipitsin extends with Krasnodar
- 23 May 22:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Sprint for Ilori
- 23 May 21:37 FRANCE/ MONTPELLIER, Agreement wuth Bakar
- 23 May 21:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Nyom extends with Udinese
- 23 May 20:59 FRANCE/ MONACO, Also Kompany on the wishlist
- 23 May 20:39 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Keen on Zapata
- 23 May 20:20 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Hilton extends with Montpellier
- 23 May 20:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Interest for Astori
- 23 May 19:37 ITALY/ LAZIO, Biglia gets father
- 23 May 19:17 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Martino the main option for the bench
- 23 May 18:59 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribéry should extend after the CL final
- 23 May 18:39 UAE/ AL-AHLI, Hugo Viana about to sign
- 23 May 18:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Interest for Suarez
- 23 May 18:00 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Mission for Lisandro Lopez
- 23 May 17:37 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Idea Djukic for the bench
- 23 May 17:17 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Pandev refuses to join Monaco
- 23 May 16:59 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Marquinhos the main traget for the defense
- 23 May 16:39 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Idea Tevez
- 23 May 16:20 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti wants Cavani
- 23 May 16:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL,Andujar extends with Catania
- 23 May 15:37 ARGENTINA/ SAN LORENZO, Coloccini could join
- 23 May 15:17 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Chedjou about to join
- 23 May 14:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Rio Ferdinand extends with United
- 23 May 14:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan sign Zapata on permanent deal
- 23 May 14:20 FRANCE/ PSG, Future in the States for Ibra ?
- 23 May 14:00 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Baptista toward Brazil
- 23 May 13:37 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Criscito
- 23 May 13:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez wants to leave
- 23 May 12:59 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Werder sign Petersen on permanent deal
- 23 May 12:39 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, FC Porto sign Carlos Eduardo
- 23 May 12:20 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Interest for Papastathopoulos
- 23 May 12:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Meeting with Blanc
- 23 May 11:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Idea Vermaelen
- 23 May 11:30 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Super offer to Bianchi
- 23 May 11:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, The plan for Jovetic
- 23 May 11:00 BAYERN & MAN. UNITED, 18 million euros needed for Thiago Alcantara
- 23 May 10:50 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Nico Lopez set ot leave on loan
- 23 May 10:40 ITALY/ UDINESE, Allan's agent: "Zenit will negotiate for signing him"
- 23 May 10:30 PORTO & AS MONACO, Negotiating for Moutinho's transfer
- 23 May 10:20 PERU/ ALIANZA LIMA, Reyna's agent: "Who wouldn't want to play in Bundesliga"
- 23 May 10:10 RUSSIA/ DYNAMO MOSCOW, Attempt for Shirokov
- 23 May 10:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA: Mourinho wants Jovetic, as Arsenal and Juventus do
- 23 May 09:50 ITALY/ INTER, An Romanian youngster signed
- 23 May 09:40 ITALY/ AC MILAN, English and German offers for Petagna
- 23 May 09:30 SPANI/ FC SEVILLE, Negredo refuses West Ham
- 23 May 09:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Donadel might be the key for signing Belfodil
- 23 May 09:10 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Sansone might leave for joining Sassuolo back
- 23 May 09:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Eyes on Rasmus Elm
- 23 May 08:50 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sampdoria and Sunderland keen on D'Ambrosio
- 23 May 08:40 ITALY/ PARMA, Test period for youngster Callegaro
According to L'Equipe, Monaco are also keen ob Manchester City 27 year old defender Vincent Kompany.
Interviewed by Sky, Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has declared: "It's not true that Mazzarri has already signed for us....
Interviewed by AS, Malaga executive Francisco Martín Aguilar has declared about 21 year old attacking midfielder Francisco...
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has declared about 26 year old striker Luis Suarez: "There’s certainly no pressure for the club to...
Interviewed by Przeglad Sportowy, Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp has declared about 24 year old striker Robert Lewandowski:...
As reported by Sky Sports Uk, Lille 27 year old defender Aurelien Chedjou has declared: "Nothing is done with any club. Yes, I want to...