HOME CONTACT US| RSS
      
Transfers

ENGLAND/ FULHAM, Berbatov: "“I didn’t speak to Ferguson..."

04.09.2012 12.15 by TM W  read 1446
© foto di Allstar/Image Sport

was one of the most vitriolic attacks on Alex Ferguson by any former Manchester United star.
And it came three days after Dimitar Berbatov quit Old Trafford.
Berbatov revealed he snubbed Ferguson and only said goodbye to his team-mates as he left for Fulham in a £4million switch.
The Bulgarian hitman savaged Ferguson for the way he was frozen out of the first team in the last 18 months of his United career.
Despite finishing 20-goal top scorer in the Premier League in the title-winning 2011 season, Berbatov was brutally axed ahead of the Champions League final defeat to Barcelona at Wembley.
Berbatov had it out in a showdown with Ferguson and demanded to know if the Scot wanted him to stick around. United’s boss told him to stay and fight for his place.
But the former Tottenham ace was left bewildered and accused Fergie of never giving him a proper chance.
Berbatov said: “I feel bad about all that’s happened in Manchester. I didn’t deserve it. But the coach decides.
“He told me he is changing the way the team will play and I’m not useful any more.
“I have my own pride. I saw things were not going as expected. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I won two titles, I became the top scorer.
“I said goodbye to many people at United who deserved it. Not to all, because I didn’t see them all.
“I didn’t speak to Ferguson. Maybe I should send him a letter.”
Berbatov said he had at least 10 meetings with Fergie to discuss why he was dropped for the Champions League final — but NEVER got a clear answer.
He claimed he decided to quit United following that snub but changed his mind after Ferguson asked him to stay on and fight for a place.
Berba said: “I didn’t deserve to be excluded from the Champions League final. I should have left the club after this game.
“I spoke with Ferguson 10 or 15 times. I asked him, ‘Boss, do you still need me?’
“He said that he stood by me. I couldn’t go back and ask him again because he would swear at me.
“I had to stay and fight for a place. But I played 10 or 12 games. I hoped that he would understand his mistake to chalk me off the Champions League final.
“I still can’t explain myself about this decision. I never got a reasonable explanation.
“Martin Jol spoke with Ferguson and Sir Alex told him I am not in his plans.
“The way of playing changed. There is to be a more quick style, without many combinations and the ‘nice pass’.
“I was never too quick. Now I’m 31. I’m slower.
“When I joined United, I accepted a lower salary than I had asked for.
“There is no problem for me to play against United. It will not be the first time I play against a former team.”
Berbatov joined Fulham to get regular first-team football — but accepted they are a “small” club.

Other news Transfers
Other news
Highlight

SASSUOLO want Juventus future loanee ORSOLINI

Set to join Juventus next summer, and possibly supposed to be loaned out then, Italian Under-20 international winger Riccardo Orsolini (20), already tracked by Pescara, has been targeted by Sassuolo management, whose proposal might enthuse him more, since it would mean

SASSUOLO want Juventus future loanee ORSOLINI

Set to join Juventus next summer, and possibly supposed to be loaned out then, Italian Under-20 international winger Riccardo Orsolini (20),
 

REAL BETIS - A Premier League top suitor for Antonio Adán

Turning 30 next May 13, Spanish goalkeeper Antonio Adán displayed a great deal of skill and reliability during last two seasons, spen
 

3 next Premier League clubs interested in Jonathan CAFU

Heavily linked to Sporting Lisbon, Lazio and Torino, Brazilian winger/half-forward Jonathan Cafú (25), according to Sky Sports UK, has bee
 

LYON - 4 suitors for Jordan FERRI

Leaving Olympique Lyon after a whole career spent there so far, incuding development area years, 25-year old midfielder Jordan Ferri, accord
 

EXCLUSIVE TMW - Leverkusen and Hoffenheim facing 3 English rivals on Aapo HALME

Identified as "the new Sami Hyypiä", Finnish Under-19 international centre-back Aapo Halme (turning 19 next May 22), according to lates
 
   Editore: TC&C srl web content publisher since 1994 Partita IVA 01488100510