ARSENAL, Jenkinson: "I feel like one of the boys now"
11.09.2012 09.30 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Carl Jenkinson believes he has now fully settled in at Emirates Stadium and is ready to push for a regular first-team place.
The boyhood Arsenal fan joined from Charlton Athletic last summer and made 14 appearances in his debut campaign. He has already made his mark this season, contributing to three consecutive clean sheets in the absence of the injured Bacary Sagna.
Jenkinson admits that it took time for him to adapt to his new surroundings but he now feels completely integrated into the first-team squad.
“I think it’s only natural that the longer you’re at a club, the more at home you feel,” Jenkinson told Arsenal.com.
“Coming here last year I felt a bit blown away with everything. This year I’ve come back and felt like one of the boys. It was different this year and it was nice because you like to feel comfortable and part of things. I’m happy with things at the moment and hopefully we just move on from here.
“My ambition for my whole career is to play for this football club. I want to be good enough and make my mark here. I won’t be happy until I’m playing week-in, week-out. That’s what I want to achieve.”
The defender was given his first-team debut quicker than expected last year, playing in both legs of Arsenal’s Champions League qualifier against Udinese just eight months after making his Charlton debut. That was a highlight - but there were downs as well as ups.
“Old Trafford [when Arsenal lost to Manchester United] was a difficult day for me, and a difficult day for the club. It wasn’t nice but I felt like I learnt a lot from that game,” said Jenkinson.
“There were plenty of highs too. The one that sticks in my head is at home to Spurs, beating them on our home turf. As a Gooner that was something special. I only played 20-odd minutes but to be a part of that was an amazing feeling.
“There have been ups and downs but I’ve learnt a lot and I feel I’ve progressed a lot as a football player in my first year.”
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Premier League (England)
- 21 Jul 06:19 MAN. UTD, Woodward: "We will invest on the transfer market"
- 20 Jul 06:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I can't assure Vermaelen will stay"
- 19 Jul 06:29 QPR, Fernandes: "I would like to keep Taarabt"
- 18 Jul 06:19 ARSENAL, Debuchy: "I'm in one of the biggest clubs in the world"
- 17 Jul 18:01 MANCHESTER UTD, Van Gaal: "My method is always the same"
- 17 Jul 06:30 TOTTEMHAM, Pochettino: "Happy for Lloris"
- 16 Jul 06:15 CHELSEA, Piazon: "I don't know what's going to happen"
- 15 Jul 06:39 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "I want to stay for many years"
- 14 Jul 14:01 MANCHESTER UNITED, Agreement with Adidas reached
- 14 Jul 13:15 TOTTENHAM, Medical report on Adebayor's malaria
- 14 Jul 06:30 ARSENAL, Gazidis: "We will only sign stars"
- 13 Jul 07:57 OL, Fournier: "Grenier could leave"
- 13 Jul 06:59 SWANSEA. Jenkins: "Fernandez? We need no defenders"
- 11 Jul 06:29 ARSENAL, Sanchez: "Happy to be here"
- 10 Jul 06:30 ARSENAL, Arteta's agent: "He is happy in London"
- 08 Jul 06:30 CHELSEA, Lukaku: "There are choices to make"
- 07 Jul 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Lovren: "My head is already at Liverpool"
- 04 Jul 06:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Ferdinand has accepted our offer"
- 03 Jul 06:19 QPR, Faurlin: "Happy of my new contract"
- 01 Jul 06:15 SWANSEA, Jenkins: "No enquiries for Jenkins"
- 28 Jun 06:29 MAN. UTD, Shaw: "I am here to win trophies"
- 26 Jun 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker : "Itís so special to face Klinsmann"
- 26 Jun 06:19 MAN. UTD, Hernandez: "Very few people have shown faith in me"
- 25 Jun 06:19 CHELSEA. Oscar: "I will stay"
- 24 Jun 16:15 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "FIFA must apologize to Costa Rica"
- 24 Jun 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Suarez's father-in-law: "He should move to Spain"
- 23 Jun 06:15 MAN. UTD, Fellaini: "I am not looking for a move"
- 22 Jun 06:59 QPR, Mbia: "My dream is to be coached by Mourinho"
- 21 Jun 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Training the English NT? Not yet"
- 20 Jun 19:44 CHELSEA, VIDEO: Mourinho: "Ozil is special"
- 20 Jun 18:44 MANCHESTER CITY, Ibrahim Toure dies at 28
- 20 Jun 13:22 CHELSEA,VIDEO: Mourinho: "All the World stops for the World Cup"
- 20 Jun 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "I am not intentioned to leave"
- 19 Jun 15:00 ARSENAL, Macey: "I canít remember having a bad day here"
- 19 Jun 06:19 MAN. UTD, Buttner: "It's time for me to leave"
- 18 Jun 09:40 ARSENAL, Balotelli signing would represent Wenger's greatest Arsenal gamble
- 18 Jun 06:19 CHELSEA. Fabregas: "I didn't leave BarÁa for a specific reason"
- 17 Jun 06:19 CHELSEA. Lukaku: "Proud of Juventus'interest, but.."
- 16 Jun 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Campbell will come back to us"
- 14 Jun 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "I am happy here"
- 13 Jun 06:15 MAN. CITY, Kolarov's agent: "Happy of my new contract"
- 12 Jun 16:30 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "Blues were the best option, with hunger for winning and an incredible manager"
- 12 Jun 06:19 MAN. CITY, Toure's father: "He won't leave"
- 11 Jun 17:30 ARSENAL, Ozil on World Cup: "LŲw made us strong and respected, he deserves to win this time"
- 11 Jun 16:15 ARSENAL, Koscielny on World Cup: "We are not favourites. Experienced player will have to help the young ones"
- 11 Jun 06:15 CHELSEA, Hazard: "I am not joining PSG"
- 10 Jun 15:00 ARSENAL, Podolski on World Cup: "Passing the group won't be the easy"
- 10 Jun 11:30 ARSENAL, Ramsey on World Cup: "Brazil have good chances, Argentina and Spain too. I want to get qualified for the next one with Wales"
- 10 Jun 06:19 WEST BROMWICH, Burton: "We won't sell Thorne"
- 09 Jun 06:15 CHELSEA, Lampard: "Selling Sturridge was a mistake"
- 22 Jul 23:15 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL. Idea Samuel
- 22 Jul 23:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for M'Poku
- 22 Jul 22:45 FRANCE/ MONACO, Offer for Cerci ready
- 22 Jul 22:30 ITALY/ INTER, Agreement for Medel
- 22 Jul 22:15 SPAIN/ GETAFE, Michel about to join
- 22 Jul 22:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Empoli sign Guarente
- 22 Jul 21:45 BRAZIL/ CRUZEIRO, Offer for Robinho
- 22 Jul 21:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, QPR sign Caulker
- 22 Jul 21:15 ITALY/ INTER, Plan for Kuzmanovic
- 22 Jul 21:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Duel to Juventus on Nastasic
- 22 Jul 20:45 ITALY/ AS ROMA, A new suitor for Borriello
- 22 Jul 20:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, 3 new Brazilian suitors for Robinho
- 22 Jul 20:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, In touch with Camacho
- 22 Jul 20:00 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Independiente sign Lucero on long-term deal
- 22 Jul 19:45 QATAR/ LEKWHIYA, Duel to Liverpool for signing Bony: Laudrup wants him back
- 22 Jul 19:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Magnusson about to join Cesena on loan
- 22 Jul 19:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Mario Arques joins Elche
- 22 Jul 19:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID: New lead over Everton, Wolfsburg and Juventus on Lukaku
- 22 Jul 18:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Steps forward towards Armero
- 22 Jul 18:42 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bojan Krkic joins Stoke City
- 22 Jul 18:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea loan Pasalic out to Elche
- 22 Jul 18:15 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Galatasaray sign Sinan Bolat
- 22 Jul 18:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Vrsaljko joins Sassuolo
- 22 Jul 17:45 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Berlusconi and Inzaghi agree on signing Cerci
- 22 Jul 17:30 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW- Not only USA, offers also from Mexico for Robinho
- 22 Jul 17:14 ENGLAND, Liverpool join Arsenal in race to sign Manquillo
- 22 Jul 17:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 16:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Xavi: still in blaugrana
- 22 Jul 16:30 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE UNITED, Willing to let Sylvain Marveaux go
- 22 Jul 16:16 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Kolo Toure can leave
- 22 Jul 16:05 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW- Inter, thinking about Pulido
- 22 Jul 15:44 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa: Wolfsburg working for Cofie
- 22 Jul 15:30 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Bruce interested in Rose
- 22 Jul 15:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Man City, Huws yielded to Wigan
- 22 Jul 15:00 BRAZIL, Dunga is the new coach: "I am immensely happy to be back"
- 22 Jul 14:43 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Mlapa on loan to Nurberg
- 22 Jul 14:27 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "We have had no bid from Liverpool for Lovren"
- 22 Jul 14:13 FRANCE/ MONACO, Interested in Guarin
- 22 Jul 13:58 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Set to offload midfielder Javi Garcia
- 22 Jul 13:44 ITALY/ MILAN, Inzaghi calm over Balotelliís future
- 22 Jul 13:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Samp: arrives CampaŮa from Crystal Palace
- 22 Jul 13:15 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Nuno: "We like Enzo Perez"
- 22 Jul 13:00 FRANCE/ MONACO, Contacts for Griezmann confirmed
- 22 Jul 12:46 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Leicester sign Ulloa
- 22 Jul 12:32 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Beria renews with Lille
- 22 Jul 12:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez
- 22 Jul 12:00 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Kurtulus renews with Galatasaray
- 22 Jul 11:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Foster renews with WBA
- 22 Jul 11:29 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Kroos renews with Werder
- 22 Jul 11:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, To plan £150million spending spree
Possibly leaving Manchester City on a full basis after 2 seasons, Serbian international centre-back Matija Nastasic (21), still on a deal with Premier League reigning champions until June 2017 and already tracked hard by Juventus, has been targeted by Arsenal manager...
On his first day of work after returning from his post-World Cup holidays, Yuto Nagatomo answered some questions from Roberto Scarpini...
Levante 27-year-old goalkeeper Keylor Navas has declared: "At the moment I haven't signed for anyone. In the future I hope to be able...
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared about 28-year-old defender Thomas Vermaelen: "I cannot guarantee he will stay, but should he go...
Interviewed by Sport1, Bayern Munich Sports Director Matthias Sammer has declared about 26-year-old Juan Cuadrado: "The rumours regarding...
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao has declared: "Now I am only thinking about recovering from my knee-injury. In any case, for the moment I...