ARSENAL, Jenkinson: "I feel like one of the boys now"
11.09.2012 10.30 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Carl Jenkinson believes he has now fully settled in at Emirates Stadium and is ready to push for a regular first-team place.
The boyhood Arsenal fan joined from Charlton Athletic last summer and made 14 appearances in his debut campaign. He has already made his mark this season, contributing to three consecutive clean sheets in the absence of the injured Bacary Sagna.
Jenkinson admits that it took time for him to adapt to his new surroundings but he now feels completely integrated into the first-team squad.
“I think it’s only natural that the longer you’re at a club, the more at home you feel,” Jenkinson told Arsenal.com.
“Coming here last year I felt a bit blown away with everything. This year I’ve come back and felt like one of the boys. It was different this year and it was nice because you like to feel comfortable and part of things. I’m happy with things at the moment and hopefully we just move on from here.
“My ambition for my whole career is to play for this football club. I want to be good enough and make my mark here. I won’t be happy until I’m playing week-in, week-out. That’s what I want to achieve.”
The defender was given his first-team debut quicker than expected last year, playing in both legs of Arsenal’s Champions League qualifier against Udinese just eight months after making his Charlton debut. That was a highlight - but there were downs as well as ups.
“Old Trafford [when Arsenal lost to Manchester United] was a difficult day for me, and a difficult day for the club. It wasn’t nice but I felt like I learnt a lot from that game,” said Jenkinson.
“There were plenty of highs too. The one that sticks in my head is at home to Spurs, beating them on our home turf. As a Gooner that was something special. I only played 20-odd minutes but to be a part of that was an amazing feeling.
“There have been ups and downs but I’ve learnt a lot and I feel I’ve progressed a lot as a football player in my first year.”
Other news Premier League (England)
- 25 May 15:03 ARSENAL - Xhaka: "It's an honour to play for Arsenal"
- 23 May 22:02 OFFICIAL: Manchester United, Louis Van Gaal leaves the club
- 20 May 16:35 OFFICIAL: Bournemouth, Adam Smith renews until 30 June 2020
- 19 May 16:32 CRYSTAL PALACE - Cabaye: "The FA Cup is important"
- 19 May 12:43 ARSENAL, Arteta: "I have not been good enough for Gunners"
- 18 May 17:22 MANCHESTER UNITED - Van Gaal: "Fans expect too much"
- 18 May 16:57 MANCHESTER UNITED - Quinn: "I just love watching Rashford play"
- 18 May 16:28 LIVERPOOL - Klopp: "Players to become legends"
- 18 May 10:23 MANCHESTER UNITED - Schmeichel sr.: "A boring season for us"
- 17 May 22:47 Liverpool, Coutinho: "It will certainly be a great final. We hope to win"
- 17 May 17:58 EVERTON - Lukaku: "It's been a difficult year for the fans"
- 17 May 11:21 CRYSTAL PALACE - Adebayor uncertain over future
- 17 May 10:42 ASTON VILLA - Bevington to step up
- 16 May 17:28 LIVERPOOL - Milner text Brad Smith concerning red card
- 16 May 17:13 ARSENAL - Arteta: "A big thank you to everyone"
- 15 May 21:55 Southampton, Koeman : "Unbelievable season, I'm speechless "
- 15 May 21:30 Chelsea,Terry : "Congratulations to Ranieri, Hiddink is a great man"
- 15 May 21:07 Arteta leaves Arsenal : "A privilege to have played here, thanks for these years"
- 15 May 21:06 NORWICH manager Neil wants to stay
- 15 May 21:02 ARSENAL - Tomas Rosicky and Mikel Arteta end careers at Arsenal
- 15 May 14:12 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Benitez: "We want to do well for the fans"
- 15 May 13:42 CHELSEA - Willian: "Victory over Leicester will show we're improving"
- 14 May 18:18 WATFORD - Flores preparing for emotional farewell
- 14 May 17:48 MANCHESTER CITY - Ancelotti: 'Pep will get sacked'
- 14 May 16:42 MANCHESTER UNITED - Howe: "A deeper role suits Rooney"
- 14 May 15:58 MANCHESTER UNITED - Rooney: "The future is bright for United"
- 14 May 15:11 WEST BROM - Pulis: "Fletcher is fantastic"
- 14 May 11:22 WATFORD - Ighalo: "I am still happy I stayed"
- 14 May 10:58 MANCHESTER UNITED - Rashford could be picked for England
- 14 May 10:42 CHELSEA - A special gift to Guus Hiddink
- 14 May 10:21 ARSENAL - Wilshere says goodbye to Rosicky
- 14 May 09:38 ARSENAL - Wenger uncertain about future
- 14 May 08:29 EVERTON - Howard: "We need to take full responsibility for the sack"
- 13 May 21:32 WEST HAM - Bilic offers apology for pre-game incidents against Manchester United
- 13 May 20:02 LEICESTER - Vardy: "Man City win was the turning point"
- 13 May 19:04 MANCHESTER CITY - Pellegrini urges team to take advantage"
- 13 May 18:28 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Shearer: "They got what they deserved"
- 13 May 15:16 CHELSEA - Willian: "We're already thinking about next season"
- 13 May 13:17 SOUTHAMPTON - Forster and Ward-Prowse sign long-term deals
- 13 May 12:49 ARSENAL - Ramsey: "We slipped up"
- 13 May 09:47 BOURNEMOUTH - Iturbe set for La Liga move
- 12 May 15:37 MANCHESTER UNITED - Lowest PL points ever for Red Devils
- 12 May 14:12 SUNDERLAND - Allardyce praises his Sunderland team
- 12 May 13:39 EVERTON - Martinez: "We need to win football games"
- 12 May 12:44 CHELSEA - Hiddink praises Blues youngster Tammy Abraham
- 12 May 12:35 CHELSEA - Hiddink: “I’m disappointed not to have three points
- 12 May 12:14 LIVERPOOL - Klopp: "We didn't defend well"
- 12 May 09:51 SWANSEA - President Statement
- 12 May 09:02 SWANSEA to keep Francesco Guidolin
- 11 May 19:00 SWANSEA CITY/ OFFICIAL, Francesco Guidolin renews
- 11 May 18:32 CHELSEA, Oscar: "I can do better"
- 11 May 18:14 SUNDERLAND - Borini: "I like the pressure"
- 11 May 15:12 EVERTON - Martinez backing Lukaku tonight
- 11 May 14:44 WEST HAM - Souness: "West Ham fans should be banned for life"
- 11 May 13:16 NEWCASTLE, 6,5 million to Benitez to stay
- 10 May 20:44 STOKE CITY - Stephen Ireland suffers leg break
- 10 May 19:24 LEICESTER - Ranieri: "Our success not as big as Clough's Forest"
- 10 May 18:56 LIVERPOOL - Klopp: "I'm really looking forward to next season"
- 10 May 17:52 LIVERPOOL - Klopp: "We created stability at Anfield"
- 10 May 17:27 MANCHESTER UNITED - Schneiderlin: "I will return very strong next season"
- 09 May 20:36 EVERTON - could sack Martinez for Frank de Boer
- 08 May 14:40 ARSENAL - Premier League era of 'big 4' over according to Wenger
- 08 May 13:38 WBA target Brendan Rodgers if Tony Pulis leaves
- 08 May 12:52 WATFORD to move for Jerome Sinclair
- 07 May 19:37 WBA - Pulis on Berahino: "My chairman doesn't do bargains"
- 06 May 21:30 TOTTENHAM - Dembele hit with 6 match suspension
- 06 May 17:58 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Shelvey: "It's not about Sunderland, it's about us"
- 06 May 16:58 WEST HAM - Adrian out for rest of the season
- 06 May 14:52 MANCHESTER UNITED - Smalling: "It's about repaying LVG"
- 06 May 13:11 BOURNEMOUTH to let Iturbe go
- 06 May 11:57 WBA - Pulis on Berahino: "He might even extend"
- 06 May 10:09 SOUTHAMPTON and WEST HAM target Townsend
- 05 May 10:34 LEICESTER tried to appoint Hiddink
- 05 May 09:17 WATFORD to win the battle over GRANADA' s Success
- 04 May 12:42 CHELSEA - PSG keen on Eden Hazard
- 04 May 12:31 LIVERPOOL - Doucoure on target
- 04 May 11:53 PREMIER LEAGUE - Ranieri: "We don't need superstars"
- 04 May 10:46 CHELSEA - Conte: "Ranieri did an outstanding job"
- 04 May 09:47 HUDDERSFIELD - Danny Ward on target
- 04 May 09:26 LIVERPOOL - Caulker to leave
- 03 May 18:33 MANCHESTER UNITED - Fellaini and Huth face 3 match ban
- 03 May 18:02 TOTTENHAM - Rose: "I'm sorry if it looked bad on TV"
- 03 May 17:22 LIVERPOOL - Can back to training
- 03 May 16:57 STOKE CITY - Club announces new kit makers
- 03 May 16:22 LEICESTER - Ranieri: "We won't defend our title next year"
- 03 May 15:42 LIVERPOOL - Sakho given worldwide ban
- 03 May 15:20 TOTTENHAM - Kane: "It's just a disappointing night"
- 03 May 14:47 EVERTON - Jagielka to return before end of season
- 03 May 14:13 MANCHESTER UNITED - David De Gea breaks award record
- 02 May 17:02 ASTON VILLA - Chris Herd set for a return to Australia
- 02 May 15:38 BIRMINGHAM CITY - To bid for Morgan Fox
- 02 May 15:23 EVERTON - To appoint Low after Euro 2016
- 02 May 14:32 SUNDERLAND - Big Sam to be confirmed also with relegation
- 02 May 10:45 CHELSEA - Obi Mikel set for a stay
- 02 May 10:25 ARSENAL - Target Tierney
- 02 May 09:37 SPURS- Lloris to extend the contract
- 02 May 09:01 LEICESTER - Drinkwater risks a two-matches-ban
- 01 May 21:14 CHELSEA - Hiddink: "Conte must challenge for title"
- 01 May 20:51 EVERTON - Martinez: "I share their frustration"
- 01 May 20:24 SOUTHAMPTON 4-2 MAN. CITY: Man.City full of substitutes is defeated against Southampton
- 25 May 21:33 OFFICIAL: Young Boys, Wuthrich's renewal until 2020
- 25 May 21:20 COLOGNE - official Rausch joins
- 25 May 21:18 PSG, Verratti's ag.: "Marco has suffered so much for Zlatan farewell"
- 25 May 20:43 LEICESTER - Kramaric joins Hoffenheim
- 25 May 20:33 CHELSEA - Real Madrid are trying to persuade Courtois
- 25 May 20:14 BARCELONA - Vermaelen not contemplating departure
- 25 May 20:12 NEWCASTLE - Benitez statement on staying
- 25 May 20:01 SEVILLA - Unay Emery won't leave
- 25 May 19:36 LEICESTER manager Ranieri speaks about next season
- 25 May 19:35 NEWCASTLE/official - Benitez staying on 3 year deal
- 25 May 19:14 MANCHESTER UNITED - Wilkins: "Mourinho has to play a different style"
- 25 May 18:57 SOUTHAMPTON - Koeman set to snub Everton for new deal with Saints
- 25 May 18:50 BREAKING NEWS - NEWCASTLE, Benitez to stay
- 25 May 18:23 GERMANY - Schweinsteiger confident he will play for Germany this summer
- 25 May 18:11 FIORENTINA, Corvino wants to bring Giaccherini in
- 25 May 17:55 FRANCE/ BASTIA, 2 Ligue 1 suitors for Ayité
- 25 May 17:43 WEST BROM - Lambert: "I've found it hard to score goals"
- 25 May 17:31 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ryan Allsop renews for Bournemouth
- 25 May 17:20 MANCHESTER UNITED - Schmeichel: "Mourinho can bring success at United"
- 25 May 17:05 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Veteran Srna renews for Shakhtar Donetsk
- 25 May 16:48 LIVERPOOL - Suarez reunion in doubt after injury
- 25 May 16:36 MANCHESTER UNITED, Assault on Miranda is ready
- 25 May 16:24 TORINO, Eyes on Tomás Rincón
- 25 May 16:12 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Rafael Benitez closer to staying with Magpies
- 25 May 15:57 NAPOLI, New plan for Vecino
- 25 May 15:40 ENGLAND - Coleman wary of England's Jamie Vardy
- 25 May 15:32 TMW VIDEO - Mourinho has left his London house
- 25 May 15:21 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Rafaelov renews for Club Brugge
- 25 May 15:03 ARSENAL - Xhaka: "It's an honour to play for Arsenal"
- 25 May 14:48 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Copenaghen sign Olsen on a full basis
- 25 May 14:30 GERMANY/ FC KOLN, Rausch about to join
- 25 May 14:14 BESIKTAS, First attempt for Glik failed
- 25 May 14:02 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL: Middlesbrough don't hire Agazzi, who joins AC Milan back
- 25 May 13:49 BAYERN MUNICH: Duel to to PSG, City and Barça on Leroy Sané
- 25 May 13:41 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ibarbo agrees to Panathinaikos transfer
- 25 May 13:34 ITALY/ GENOA, Scouting Renzetti
- 25 May 13:33 BREAKING NEWS - Josè Mourinho is still registered as trademark of Chelsea FC Limited
- 25 May 13:22 EVERTON, Back for Cerci
- 25 May 13:09 FIORENTINA, Back for Ljajic: transfer might be eased by new FIGC rules
- 25 May 12:56 JUVENTUS, Planning double swoop on Pjanic and Lukaku
- 25 May 12:41 SUNDERLAND keen on James Morrison
- 25 May 12:23 ROMA interested in Marcelo Brozovic
- 25 May 12:15 BREAKING NEWS - TURIN appoint Sinisa Mihajlovic
- 25 May 12:04 REAL MADRID - Varane will miss Euro 2016
- 25 May 11:58 LIVERPOOL - Ward and Bogdan set to leave
- 25 May 11:49 ARSENAL, Wenger about Xhaka: "We have been watching him for a long time"
- 25 May 11:44 AJAX appointed Peter Bosz
- 25 May 11:43 Pictures: Xhaka in Arsenal colours
- 25 May 11:36 OFFICIAL, Arsenal agree deal with Granit Xhaka
- 25 May 11:29 MANCHESTER UNITED - Scholes: "Giggs would be sad if he left the club"
While Inter want to hold him at all costs, Brazilian international Joao Miranda (31) is more and more of the main market target for José Mourinho's new Manchester United. After Italian club's mandatory hireback from Atletico Madrid and Copa America, former Colchone
According to Sky Sport there were advances in the negotiations between Lazio and Cesare Prandelli. After meeting between the Biancocelesti and former
Raphael Varane, Real Madrid defender, has spoken at L'Equipe: Euro 2016? :" The idea is really to live an important stage of my career
Swiss midfielder Granit Xhaka is happy about his move to Arsenal and says he is honoured to wear the Arsenal jersey.
“It’s official. Fr
Donato Di Campli, Marco Verratti's agent has spoken at Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli: "Verratti is starting with great calm, between eight weeks wil
Henrikh Mkhitaryan was elected by Kicker, Bundesliga's best player. A prestigious award for the Armenian Borussia Dortmund midfielder followed in