PSG, Armand: "We have to concentrate on our own game"
11.09.2012 17.24 by TM W
© foto di Federico De Luca
In training for this weekend's match against Toulouse, Sylvain Armand, one of the most experienced players in the team, spoke to PSG.fr about the capital club's start to the season before looking ahead to the upcoming games.
Sylvain, what do think about Paris Saint-Germain's start to the season?
"It's been a mixed start, because we could have done better with a fixture list that wasn't too demanding. We should have more points from our opening four games of the season. But we have improved, because against Lille we showed another level of our game. I hope that game really marks the start of a great run for the team."
How are you approaching this Friday's game against Toulouse?
"It will be another difficult match because Toulouse are a very athletic team with very good players. I've watched their games since the start of the season and they are a solid outfit. Toulouse are full of confidence. We have to concentrate on our own game and confirm our good result against Lille. It won't be easy, but it's a game we can win."
You've been at the club for eight seasons now. How is this current experience with the club?
It's very positive. It's fantastic to play in a team like this one since the start of last season. The investments the club has made and the way the club is now run is exceptional for a player. Obviously I'm disappointed not to be playing more, but there's competition for places in every team. I fight every day to play as much as possible. I'm very happy to be in this situation and I haven't lost sight of the goal to win the championship with Paris Saint-Germain."
You are the only player in the squad to have played Champions League football for Les Rouge et Bleu. Are you impatient for the competition to start?
Obviously I can't wait to play in the Champions League again, just like others here can't wait to play in it for the first time. The Champions League is the best competition there is. When you walk out onto the field, when you hear that music... It's extraordinary! To play against great clubs, in great stadia, it will be something new for a lot of us. It's the next step in the new sporting project of Paris Saint-Germain, and we hope to go as far as possible in this competition."
Have you followed your teammates performances with the France national team?
"I speak regularly with Christophe Jallet and Jérémy Ménez on the phone. I know things are going well for them. The 1-0 win over Finland is a good launching pad for them in the qualifiers. I hope Christophe will play on Tuesday against Belarus. I hope for him at any rate!"
Other news Ligue 1 (France)
- 08 Feb 16:29 Thiago Silva: 'We can go the entire season unbeaten'
- 01 Feb 10:12 MARSEILLE - searching for striker
- 31 Jan 23:30 EXCLUSIVE / FRANCE / Ligue 1: Girondins Bordeaux's late signing
- 31 Jan 12:18 MONACO - Jemerson signs from Atletico Mineiro
- 28 Jan 13:02 David Luiz injury 'not too serious'
- 20 Jan 20:00 PSG, Blanc: "I hope I can sign a new contract"
- 14 Jan 00:08 PSG, Verratti: "Sign Ibra Up"
- 08 Jan 08:44 AS MONACO/ OFFICIAL, French football icon Makelele is the new technical director
- 21 Dec 00:00 PSG, Al-Khelaifi: "We'll discuss with Ibra about his future in February"
- 14 Dec 07:59 SAINT-ETIENNE, Galtier: "Of course the red card and the penalty made it hard for us against Monaco. Too many games in a row, UEFA should consider that"
- 09 Dec 14:30 O.L., Gonalons: "We want to win at least one match in the group stage"
- 03 Dec 08:30 RENNES, Montanier: "Ohéme are going to be a hard opponent. We need to find our way at home as well"
- 30 Nov 11:59 PSG, Thiago Silva: "I want to end my career just here"
- 24 Nov 15:29 PSG, Thiago Motta: "Now I know I want to stay. Ibra knows there are a lot of important players here. Our goal? Winning CL"
- 17 Nov 00:00 O.L., Grenier: "Now France is a country at war"
- 15 Nov 00:00 PSG, Grief note for Paris tragedy
- 13 Nov 21:44 FRANCE/ PSG, Di Maria: "I left Madrid at the right time"
- 10 Nov 23:08 FRANCE, Hatem Ben Arfa has spoken out about his Newcastle United "hell"
- 09 Nov 15:59 O.L., Valbuena: "Bad things can happen outside the pitch, but they won't get me down"
- 09 Nov 07:57 PSG, Thiago Silva: "I think CR7 might choose to join us"
- 05 Nov 07:59 PSG, Di Maria: "I feel terrible, we played ten times better than Real Madrid"
- 03 Nov 08:29 AS MONACO, Jardim: "I knew my players could give a lot more"
- 02 Nov 19:00 OGC NICE, Puel on Ben Arfa: "I knew he'd have a become a great scorer for us. He's not troublesome at all here"
- 29 Oct 09:29 LILLE, Bauthéac: "We got back some trust in ourselves"
- 28 Oct 07:00 RENNES, Veteran defender Armand: "Bastia aren't our nemesis anymore"
- 27 Oct 06:30 AS MONACO, Bernardo Silva: "Jardim gives chances to us young players"
- 26 Oct 14:20 O.M., Batshuayi euphemistically after victory over Lille: "We showed our balls on the pitch"
- 22 Oct 21:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Cavani: "“Apparently I’ve created a bit of controversy over the things I’ve said about Napoli"
- 21 Oct 08:29 PSG, Thiago Silva: "We really need to win tonight. Real will miss Bale and Benzema a lot"
- 20 Oct 11:17 O.L., Aulas: "We'd be disappointed if not reaching CL eighth finals"
- 19 Oct 07:59 CAEN, Delort: "Turned out well for us against Reims"
- 16 Oct 08:57 PSG, Ibrahimovic: "Criticisms on me? I'm like wine, I get better as age increases"
- 15 Oct 06:30 BORDEAUX, Mali selector Giresse on Diabaté: "He might not be elegant, but he's effective"
- 14 Oct 07:57 CAEN, Garande: "Delort reminds me of Papin in his early days"
- 12 Oct 06:59 PSG, David Luiz to miss both Real Madrid CL clashes
- 08 Oct 07:27 PSG, Lucas: "I am happy here"
- 02 Oct 07:27 OM, Isla: "Leaving Juve was the right choice"
- 01 Oct 15:59 AS MONACO, Toulalan before EL Tottenham clash: "We must focus on defence. Our young team need some time, but it's very good"
- 01 Oct 07:27 PSG, Lucas Moura: " I want to stay here long"
- 30 Sep 07:57 PSG, Cavani: "The criticism? I pay attention to them"
- 29 Sep 18:17 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - O.L., Jallet: "Perfect time for Lacazette to get his own confidence back"
- 29 Sep 07:57 OL, Lacazette: "Upset by the coach and the president"
- 24 Sep 13:59 BORDEAUX, Sagnol after tennis defeat suffered from OGC Nice: "It's been a real humiliation"
- 23 Sep 08:57 OM, Nkolou: "OL? I can't talk about the future"
- 22 Sep 15:17 PSG, Di Maria: "I won't celebrate if I score against Real. Every day I train with a smile here in Paris"
- 18 Sep 06:30 Europa League Matchday 1 aftermath - BORDEAUX, Sagnol: "Proud of my guys' game against Reds"
- 18 Sep 01:29 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - O.L. (Group H), Jallet: "There's frustation, we weren't willing to win as well as Gent"
- 17 Sep 09:17 PSG, Cavani: "I had many offers"
- 17 Sep 01:33 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - GENT (Group H), Vanhaezebrouck: "Very proud of my boys, we could have defeated Lyon"
- 16 Sep 15:01 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - MALMOE (Group A), Rodic after PSG clash: "I'm not unfulfilled, playing against such top players is precious"
- 16 Sep 09:17 MONTPELLIER, Courbis: "I don't want to leave"
- 16 Sep 00:10 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - PSG, Di Maria (Group A): "All worked out fine. Top players scare the opponents"
- 14 Sep 07:30 PSG, Marquinhos: "We've got the right CL experience in order to win"
- 11 Sep 09:57 OM, De Ceglie: "Also three Italian clubs were after me"
- 10 Sep 19:00 BORDEAUX v PSG, Preview - Blanc: "Ibrahimovic won't play against Bordeaux, but we'll have him for CL debut"
- 10 Sep 09:17 RENNES, Montanier: "Gourcuff is welcome"
- 10 Sep 00:20 O.L., Fournier on Fekir's tough injury: "We are sad and worried, but we need to move on"
- 08 Sep 11:11 FRANCE, Giroud accepts criticism
- 07 Sep 15:30 PSG, Di Maria: "Good environment here, I want to win everything"
- 05 Sep 18:00 O.L., Fekir might be ligament-injured
- 04 Sep 07:27 OL, Fekir: "I'm too young to play for United"
- 02 Sep 09:00 OM, De Ceglie: "Happy to be here"
- 31 Aug 07:27 MONTPELLIER, Courbis: "Gourcuff won't join"
- 30 Aug 11:57 PSG, Lavezzi's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 28 Aug 10:17 GUINGAMP, Gourvennec: "We are not after Martin"
- 27 Aug 09:17 MONACO, Vasilyev: "No other stars will leave"
- 21 Aug 07:27 PSG, Blanc: "Thiago Motta's situation still unsolved"
- 20 Aug 07:27 PSG, Lavezzi's agent: "Don't know anything about Inter"
- 19 Aug 07:27 PSG, Digne's agent: "I hope that he will join Roma as soon as possible"
- 14 Aug 09:57 OM, Labrune: "We have many options for the bench"
- 13 Aug 09:17 PSG, Ibra: "I am happy here"
- 12 Aug 06:59 MONACO, Abdennour's agent: "He will leave"
- 11 Aug 07:27 OL, Aulas: "We're in advanced talks for Yanga-Mbiwa"
- 10 Aug 07:27 PSG, Thiago Silva: "I'll try to convince Thiago Motta to stay"
- 09 Aug 07:27 OL, Lacazette: "Happy of my new deal"
- 08 Aug 07:27 MONTPELLIER, Dabo: "I am about to renew"
- 07 Aug 07:27 PSG, Al-Khelaifi: "We won't sell Ibra"
- 06 Aug 07:27 GUINGAMP, Desplat: "Happy with the current team"
- 04 Aug 06:59 PSG, David Luiz: "I would like to play in the US"
- 03 Aug 06:57 PSG, Ibra: "Decisive week for my future"
- 01 Aug 07:27 PSG, Thiago Motta's agent: "Soon a meeting with the club"
- 31 Jul 06:57 PSG, Digne's agent: "Many clubs are interested in him"
- 30 Jul 07:27 MONTPELLIER, Nicolin: "Gourcuff would be welcome"
- 29 Jul 06:57 PSG, Blanc: "Optimistic about Di Maria"
- 27 Jul 07:27 PSG, Thiago Motta: "I want to leave"
- 25 Jul 13:57 PSG, Thiago Motta's agent: "He never told me that he wants to join Inter"
- 24 Jul 10:57 BORDEAUX, Triaud: "Aston Villa made no offers for Rolan"
- 23 Jul 07:27 PSG, Sirigu: "No contacts with AS Roma"
- 22 Jul 07:57 SAINT-ETIENNE, Gradel: "I will leave"
- 18 Jul 07:27 PSG, Thiago Motta's agent: "We must find a solution with the club"
- 17 Jul 07:57 MONTPELLIER, Boudebouz: "I don't feel frustrated"
- 13 Jul 07:27 PSG, Blanc: "Thiago Motta will stay"
- 10 Jul 07:27 LILLE, Seydoux: "No offers for Traoré"
- 09 Jul 07:27 OL, Aulas: "Soon we'll meet Lacazette"
- 08 Jul 07:27 PSG, Thiago Silva's agent: "One day he could rejoin Milan, not now"
- 07 Jul 07:27 OL, Aulas: "Tomorrow I'll meet Lopes' agent"
- 06 Jul 07:27 SAINT-ETIENNE, Gradel: "I will respect the club's decision"
- 02 Jul 06:57 BASTIA, Printant: "We need two more players"
- 01 Jul 06:30 MONTPELLIER, Nicollin: "I would like to obtain Rabiot on loan"
- 30 Jun 06:57 NICE, Puel: "Two or three new players will join us"
ALuka Modric wondergoal gave Real Madrdi a 2-1 victory over Granada on Sunday night at the Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes in Granada.
Karim Benzema scored in the first half prior to Modric's late heroics to hand Los Blancos a precious three points th
Despite reports that Juventus Manager Massimiliano Allegri will take over at Chelsea in the summer, Sky Sports reports that Juve director Beppe Marott
With Sunday's 2-0 win over Levante, Luis Enrique's side equalled a club record of 28 games unbeaten.
Barcelona can break the club reco
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has warned his team-mates that they must be on top form against Leicester City at the weekend or risk falling out of t
Paris Saint-Germain moved 24 points clear at the top of Ligue 1 with a 2-1 win over Marseille yesterday and captain Thiago Silva belives they can
Pep Guardiola believes the announcement of his move to Manchester City in the summer will not affect him or Bayern Munich this season.