AS ROMA, Goicoechea: "My technical qualities are those of a typical South American keeper"
11.09.2012 18.18 by TM W
Source: As Roma
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
INTRODUCTORY SPEECH BY WALTER SABATINI
I apologise to the journalists gathered here, but I have no desire to discuss other matters today. I feel it is inappropriate to talk about football when we all have other things on our minds after the passing of Francesca Bonfanti, whom you all knew. So I will simply introduce Mauro Goicochea, a player we wanted very much and whom we managed to sign right on the transfer deadline from Danubio, whom I wish to thank. Danubio is a great club that has produced a long line of talent over the years. We have a constructive relationship with them and I thank them on this occasion because they were patient enough to wait for the end of the transfer window. The player was specifically requested by the coach and we work with him very closely on all transfer dealings. Mauro is a young goalkeeper with a great margin for improvement. He has plenty of time to do so because he will be at Roma for a long while. Let me also take this opportunity to congratulate our Primavera team for winning yet another important trophy and also to congratulate their coach Alberto De Rossi - he is extremely important to this club.
My technical qualities are those of a typical South American keeper. My greatest asset? I think using my feet is one of the things I'm best at. I've only ever been a goalkeeper: I've always loved making saves from a very young age.
GRATEFUL TO ROMA
I'm very grateful to Roma for signing me. My targets? I've come to a great club to grow and improve as a player. In time my ambition is to become this team's first-choice goalkeeper. Did Zeman come looking for me last season through [goalkeeping coach Franco] Mancini? I didn't know anything about it at the time, but obviously it's something that makes me feel very proud.
My shirt number? I chose 13 because it's the day my niece and wife were born on.
I've played for Uruguay at youth level but I haven't had the chance to do so for the senior side yet, also because I've often had great goalkeepers like Muslera and Martin Silva ahead of me. I hope my chance will come in the future.
At the start of my career I spent a lot of time copying Fabian Canini's technique. Now one of the best keepers in the world is Buffon, he's certainly a model to be followed.
I must admit that towards the end of August I was getting a bit anxious because the days were passing and the deal wasn't going through. Fortunately it all worked out ok and now I'm here and happy. Stekelenburg and Lobont? Two top keepers who have both been involved with their national teams recently. I'm really pleased to be able to work with them and improve my game thanks to their advice.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 24 Oct 00:00 PARMA, De Ceglie's agent: "Here on permanent basis? We'll see"
- 23 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He is happy in Naples"
- 22 Oct 00:00 INTER, Obi's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 21 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Nainggolan: "My future? I evaluate year by year"
- 20 Oct 13:45 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I left the pitch angrily because I knew I could have played better"
- 20 Oct 00:00 SASSUOLO, Zaza: "I know that Juve are observing me"
- 19 Oct 06:00 ROMA, Paredes: "Here for a long time"
- 18 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 17 Oct 16:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal won’t be in the squad because he played two 90-minute matches for Chile"
- 17 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will remain for a long time"
- 16 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "No news about his new contract"
- 15 Oct 18:05 AC MILAN, Essien: "I am often in touch with Mourinho"
- 15 Oct 14:59 INTER, Ausilio: "We've analysed the problems without shame or fear"
- 14 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Rabiot? We admire the skilled players"
- 13 Oct 18:22 AC MILAN, Saponara: "It was a bad injury and it scared me a lot"
- 13 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I don't want to leave"
- 12 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Keita: "I came here to win"
- 11 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 10 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He wants to stay for 10 more years"
- 08 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "Remaining was his decision"
- 07 Oct 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mazzarri is confirmed. We will reinforce our team"
- 06 Oct 10:32 INTER, Mazzarri: "Little to be said, we'll solve our problems"
- 06 Oct 09:25 INTER, Ausilio: "This isn't the real Inter. We'll come through this together"
- 06 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Cuadrado: "The new contract? Ask my agent"
- 05 Oct 00:00 MILAN, Abbiati: "I won't retire at the end of the season"
- 04 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "At the monent he is happy in Naples"
- 03 Oct 00:00 UDINESE, Heurtaux: "I am happy here"
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No hurry about Kovacic and Icardi's renewal"
- 28 Sep 06:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Totti here for a long time"
- 27 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "I will end my career at Belgrano"
- 26 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "This is a great place to play football"
- 25 Sep 18:22 INTER, Erick Thohir meets Barbara Berlusconi
- 25 Sep 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Inter? Could be"
- 24 Sep 11:28 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Torres had a good match. He hadn’t played 90 minutes for a long time"
- 22 Sep 07:59 JUVENTUS, Pereyra: "Good performance, but I need to improve defensively"
- 22 Sep 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 21 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Inter have done well on the transfar market"
- 19 Sep 17:00 EUROPA LEAGUE Day After - NAPOLI, Mertens after the double score: "A crucial night both for the team and me"
- 18 Sep 10:44 As ROMA , Gervinho about Champions: "We can go a long way"
- 18 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "My new contract? Not yet"
- 17 Sep 13:41 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello
- 17 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "Soon a meeting for my new contract"
- 16 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual: "Many clubs after me"
- 15 Sep 08:17 AC MILAN, Menez: "Scoring goals is pleasing, this side deserves more"
- 12 Sep 18:14 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Focused on Empoli, not thinking about Champions"
- 12 Sep 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I am happy to be here at Milanello"
- 12 Sep 00:00 VERONA, Sorensen: "I would like to remain"
- 11 Sep 18:15 AC MILAN, Jack Bonaventura introduces himself: "Excited about being here, I got a warm welcome. I'm in good shape"
- 11 Sep 15:58 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "The last day of the transfer market was surreal"
- 11 Sep 00:00 INTER, Guarin: "I have remained, now it's up to me"
- 10 Sep 18:30 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez : "We are working well with Inzaghi"
- 09 Sep 18:45 AS ROMA, Iturbe: "Garcia decisive for my arrival"
- 09 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Too early to join Colo Colo"
- 08 Sep 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Nothing going on with Rabiot"
- 06 Sep 01:00 JUVENTUS, Barzagli says that they cannot compete financially with the continent's top teams
- 05 Sep 14:31 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "I feel good, but the bone needs time to heal"
- 04 Sep 14:59 AC MILAN, Torres' first press conference as a Rossoneri player: "I want to be part of this club's history"
- 02 Sep 15:01 AS ROMA, Balzaretti about the injury: "I feel bad for my team-mates, I feel guilty"
- 30 Aug 01:23 AC MILAN, Abate: "We must win back our fans with desire and humility"
- 29 Aug 19:48 AS ROMA, Garcia: "My players are hungry for success"
- 29 Aug 10:59 INTER, Icardi: "We started strong, that's what the gaffer wanted"
- 29 Aug 10:36 INTER, Kovacic: "I'll play wherever the coach wants me"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 27 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Van Ginkel may join us"
- 26 Aug 17:14 JUVENTUS, Romulo: "I’m excited by the challenge of playing Champions"
- 26 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Paratici: "No contacts between Sevilla and Ogbonna"
- 25 Aug 17:30 INTER, Medel: "I want to show what I can do"
- 25 Aug 00:00 ROMA, Destro's agent: "Milan could make a step soon"
- 24 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The market? If the team can be improved..."
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 04 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "We are keeping our word"
- 24 Oct 17:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Survey on Süle
- 24 Oct 17:48 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "Renewal? No news, but I'd like to close my career here"
- 24 Oct 17:39 ARSENAL & CITY, Keen on Bellarabi
- 24 Oct 17:20 RUSSIA/ LOKOMOTIV, Willing to sign Modeste
- 24 Oct 17:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Helenius unwilling to join back
- 24 Oct 16:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Kranevitter on target
- 24 Oct 15:57 ITALY/ GENOA, Approaching Gil
- 24 Oct 15:27 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Closing on Caceres' renewal
- 24 Oct 14:59 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Pasqual on target
- 24 Oct 14:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Pogba signs long-term renewal with Juventus
- 24 Oct 14:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "CL victory helped increasing confidence, but we must reshuffle our defence"
- 24 Oct 13:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Keen on Marlon
- 24 Oct 12:00 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT: Liga, Premier, Serie A and Bundes suitors for Zambrano
- 24 Oct 11:30 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Magnanelli's renewal on arrival
- 24 Oct 10:57 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Tracking Abate: a target hard to get
- 24 Oct 10:27 GERMANY/ FREIBURG, Eyes on Mukhtar
- 24 Oct 09:59 ITALY/ PALERMO, Edgar Barreto available for a renewal
- 24 Oct 09:29 GERMANY/ WERDER, Eyes on Bezjak
- 24 Oct 09:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Suso farther
- 24 Oct 08:30 INDIA/ CHENNAI, Auction for Mendoza
- 24 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ INTER, M'Vila injured
- 24 Oct 07:27 SAINT-ETIENNE, Caiazzo: "Galtier's future? We'll see"
- 24 Oct 06:59 BORUSSIA, Klopp: "I won't leave"
- 24 Oct 06:29 WBA, Irvine: "Berahino? We don't need to sell.."
- 24 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I would like to end my career here"
- 24 Oct 00:00 PARMA, De Ceglie's agent: "Here on permanent basis? We'll see"
- 23 Oct 23:27 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Palmeira renews with Belenenses
- 23 Oct 22:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Agreement for Shaqiri
- 23 Oct 22:29 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Eyes on Carrillo
- 23 Oct 21:59 BELGIUM/ ANDERLECHT, Also Barcelona after Acheampong
- 23 Oct 21:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Idea Everton Ribeiro
- 23 Oct 21:00 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Orión renews with Boca
- 23 Oct 20:37 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Eyes on Fumu Tamuzo
- 23 Oct 20:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Valdes is training with United
- 23 Oct 19:59 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Obiak could be loaned out
- 23 Oct 19:39 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Eyes on Doumbia
- 23 Oct 19:20 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland sign Reveillere
- 23 Oct 19:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Iniesta: "I'd love Messi to break the record at the Bernabeu"
- 23 Oct 18:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Merson: "Gunners must spend"
- 23 Oct 18:34 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "Balotelli matter closed "
- 23 Oct 18:16 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa: deal extension until 2018 for Kucka
- 23 Oct 17:58 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Besiktas wants Petr Cech
- 23 Oct 17:31 BELGIUM/ ANDERLECHT, Could arrive PSG offer for Acheampong
- 23 Oct 17:16 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Poli: "I work well with Abate and Honda"
- 23 Oct 16:59 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Hernandez: "Here I'm happy"
- 23 Oct 16:44 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Lampard could extend City loan
- 23 Oct 16:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Eyes on Carrillo
- 23 Oct 16:22 ITALY/ INTER, Moratti quits definitively the club
- 23 Oct 16:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland extend Beadling's deal
- 23 Oct 16:00 ARSENAL & BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Eyes on Tielemans
Currently on a deal with Bayer Leverkusen until June 2016, German international winger and half-forward Karim Bellarabi (24), offering a very good seasonal performance, has been targeted by Arsenal and Manchester City, according to latest rumours coming from UK sources. Already t
Interviewed by Parmalive, Carlo Pallavicino, agent of 28-year-old left back Paolo De Ceglie, currently playing for Parma on loan with right to buy fro
Cristiano Ronaldo is in no hurry to overtake Raul's European goalscoring record as he knows he'll "beat his record today or another game&
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger kept commenting upon Champions League victory over Anderlecht: “It will help to improve confidence and I&rs
PSG defender Thiago Silva has declared: "My injury is my fault: I have told the coach that I was ready to play. Now my leg is better, not my mind
Arjen Robben said a tactical tweak was key to FC Bayern München's emphatic victory at AS Roma.
"Afterwards it's always easy to ta