AS ROMA, Goicoechea: "My technical qualities are those of a typical South American keeper"
11.09.2012 18.18 by TM W
Source: As Roma
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
INTRODUCTORY SPEECH BY WALTER SABATINI
I apologise to the journalists gathered here, but I have no desire to discuss other matters today. I feel it is inappropriate to talk about football when we all have other things on our minds after the passing of Francesca Bonfanti, whom you all knew. So I will simply introduce Mauro Goicochea, a player we wanted very much and whom we managed to sign right on the transfer deadline from Danubio, whom I wish to thank. Danubio is a great club that has produced a long line of talent over the years. We have a constructive relationship with them and I thank them on this occasion because they were patient enough to wait for the end of the transfer window. The player was specifically requested by the coach and we work with him very closely on all transfer dealings. Mauro is a young goalkeeper with a great margin for improvement. He has plenty of time to do so because he will be at Roma for a long while. Let me also take this opportunity to congratulate our Primavera team for winning yet another important trophy and also to congratulate their coach Alberto De Rossi - he is extremely important to this club.
My technical qualities are those of a typical South American keeper. My greatest asset? I think using my feet is one of the things I'm best at. I've only ever been a goalkeeper: I've always loved making saves from a very young age.
GRATEFUL TO ROMA
I'm very grateful to Roma for signing me. My targets? I've come to a great club to grow and improve as a player. In time my ambition is to become this team's first-choice goalkeeper. Did Zeman come looking for me last season through [goalkeeping coach Franco] Mancini? I didn't know anything about it at the time, but obviously it's something that makes me feel very proud.
My shirt number? I chose 13 because it's the day my niece and wife were born on.
I've played for Uruguay at youth level but I haven't had the chance to do so for the senior side yet, also because I've often had great goalkeepers like Muslera and Martin Silva ahead of me. I hope my chance will come in the future.
At the start of my career I spent a lot of time copying Fabian Canini's technique. Now one of the best keepers in the world is Buffon, he's certainly a model to be followed.
I must admit that towards the end of August I was getting a bit anxious because the days were passing and the deal wasn't going through. Fortunately it all worked out ok and now I'm here and happy. Stekelenburg and Lobont? Two top keepers who have both been involved with their national teams recently. I'm really pleased to be able to work with them and improve my game thanks to their advice.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 31 Jan 00:00 INTER, Vidic's agent:: "He will honor his contract"
- 30 Jan 17:55 AS ROMA, Strootman underwent arthroscopic treatment in his left knee today
- 30 Jan 11:53 ENLGAND/ LIVERPOOL, Sturridge expects Gerrard return
- 30 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Selling Inler would be nonsense"
- 29 Jan 15:29 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "We know we’re going through a difficult moment"
- 29 Jan 13:56 INTER, Brozovic: "It's a dream come true for me to be here"
- 29 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We are waiting for Destro's answer"
- 28 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 27 Jan 00:00 LAZIO, Ederson's agent: "His future? We'll see"
- 26 Jan 15:41 AC MILAN, Menez: "The players are always with Inzaghi"
- 26 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I would like to end my career here"
- 25 Jan 06:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I have no reasons to leave"
- 24 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Benitez wants to stay"
- 23 Jan 00:00 PARMA, Kodra: "We were about to sign Balotelli"
- 22 Jan 18:02 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I would like to be important for the team"
- 22 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "He could extend his deal"
- 21 Jan 16:44 AC MILAN, Mexes: "We must not look for excuses"
- 21 Jan 00:00 INTER, M'Vila's agent: "QPR are the most interested in him"
- 20 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We want to keep Pogba"
- 19 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "I'm not thinking about my future"
- 18 Jan 06:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Destro will probably stay"
- 17 Jan 00:00 LAZIO, Ledesma's agent: "His future remains uncertain"
- 16 Jan 17:52 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "We put in a convincing performance yesterday"
- 16 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, Essien's agent: "He won't extend his deal"
- 15 Jan 18:13 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "Cerci is a fast player and he has a great left foot"
- 15 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez's agent: "No contacts with Roma"
- 14 Jan 18:15 INTER, Shaqiri: "This one of the biggest clubs in the world"
- 14 Jan 17:59 AC MILAN, De Jong: "We must continue to work"
- 14 Jan 00:00 INTER, Vidic's agent:: "He won't leave in January"
- 13 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "He will leave at the right moment"
- 12 Jan 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "Gala won't let Sneijder leave"
- 11 Jan 06:00 INTER, Mancini: "The market? We may sign other players"
- 10 Jan 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro's agent: "No contacts with Milan"
- 09 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "Honoured by Real Madrid's interest"
- 08 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will remain until June"
- 07 Jan 18:01 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Cerci...We tried to sign him this summer"
- 07 Jan 00:00 INTER, Handanovic: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 05 Jan 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I am about to renew"
- 04 Jan 06:59 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "We want to be among the top eight teams on the continent"
- 03 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "Two options for his future"
- 02 Jan 06:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "Next Summer everything can happen"
- 01 Jan 00:00 AS ROMA, Ljajic: "Here for at least ten years"
- 31 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "He will stay"
- 30 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "No contacts with Fiorentina"
- 29 Dec 15:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Alexis: "Am I the star at Gunners? I'm just another player"
- 29 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "In January I won't move"
- 28 Dec 06:00 UDINESE, Muriel: "I am about to join Sampdoria"
- 25 Dec 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Gabbiadini won't be our only signing"
- 24 Dec 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "As long as they don't kick me out..."
- 23 Dec 00:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "He will remain until the end of the season"
- 22 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are not after Lennon"
- 21 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We'll do something on the transfer market"
- 20 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Essien's agent: "He won't leave in January"
- 19 Dec 18:14 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez: " I couldn't stay at Real Madrid once Navas arrived"
- 19 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Rodriguez: "I would like to end my career at San Lorenzo"
- 18 Dec 07:17 AC MILAN, Bonera: "Victory over Napoli give us confidence for facing AS Roma"
- 16 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Boca? No, I'll remain here"
- 15 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Torres going nowhere"
- 12 Dec 18:48 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I am sure that with this squad we can qualify for the Champions"
- 12 Dec 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman going nowhere"
- 11 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Tare: "We are not after Andreolli"
- 10 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No contacts for Inan"
- 09 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Lucas Silva? After Christmas we'll see"
- 09 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Dybala: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 08 Dec 06:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "We want to reinforce our team"
- 07 Dec 06:00 ROMA, Florenzi: "The new contract? We'll see..."
- 06 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Baccin: "Dybala going nowhere"
- 05 Dec 00:00 UDINESE, Soldati: "I don't think Widmer will leave in January"
- 04 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Savic: "No contacts with Juve"
- 03 Dec 17:13 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Ronaldo deserves Ballon d'Or, but Messi is still the best"
- 03 Dec 17:00 AS ROMA, Castan underwent neurosurgery this morning
- 03 Dec 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 02 Dec 17:50 AC MILAN, Bonera: "What Adriano Galliani said is very true..."
- 02 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 01 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Gonzalez: "If I don't get to play, I'll leave"
- 30 Nov 06:00 FIORENTINA, Richards: "Coming here was the right decision"
- 29 Nov 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "No negotiations for the new deal"
- 28 Nov 00:00 FIORENTINA, Mencucci: "Still in talks with Neto"
- 27 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba is not for sale"
- 26 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 24 Nov 20:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Against CSKA it will not be easy"
- 24 Nov 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Confidence in Ventura"
- 23 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I'm happy here"
- 22 Nov 06:00 GENOA, Kucka: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 21 Nov 16:59 INTER, Thohir: "We're building our five-year business plan"
- 21 Nov 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "I am happy here"
- 20 Nov 21:00 AC MILAN, Abbiati: "The best goal in the derby? In my opinion Shevchenko’s in the second leg of the Champions"
- 20 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Ljajic: "I could stay for 10 years"
- 19 Nov 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Bommel: "De Jong? He is almost like me, playing for the team not for himself"
- 19 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "I don't think I will leave in January"
- 18 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Destro going nowhere"
- 17 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We have refused United's offer for Vidal"
- 16 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I don't know if I will rejoin Real"
- 15 Nov 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Happy to welcome back Roberto Mancini"
- 14 Nov 00:00 ROMA, De Sanctis: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 13 Nov 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer: "My future? I am happy here"
- 12 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "No offers from Barça and Atletico"
- 11 Nov 00:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic's agent: "We'll make a decision with the club"
- 10 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Optimistic about Lichtsteiner's new contract"
- 08 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Feb 02:00 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Pardew wants to hire Zaha back from United
- 01 Feb 01:37 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Wellington Paulista joins Coritiba on loan from Internacional
- 01 Feb 01:17 ENGLAND/ QPR, 2 UAE suitors for Taarabt
- 01 Feb 00:59 ITALY/ LAZIO, Working on Gignac for next summer
- 01 Feb 00:39 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Eskisehirspor sign Serdar Bingol
- 01 Feb 00:20 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Fuchs offered to AS Roma
- 01 Feb 00:00 ARSENAL & LIVERPOOL, Reopening on Arda Turan
- 31 Jan 23:39 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, In talks with Mpoku
- 31 Jan 23:20 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Fletcher unlikely to join
- 31 Jan 23:00 SWITZERLAND/ FC BASEL, 3 suitors for Marcelo Diaz
- 31 Jan 22:37 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Majestic offer submitted to Besiktas for Gokhan Tore
- 31 Jan 22:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Mavuba on target
- 31 Jan 21:59 ENGLAND/ QPR, Attempt for Borriello: waiting for an answer
- 31 Jan 21:39 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Approaching Ben Yedder for 2016
- 31 Jan 21:20 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Trabzonspor loan Emre Gural
- 31 Jan 21:00 ITALY/ INTER, Lead on Cassano over FC Sion
- 31 Jan 20:37 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, AS Monaco sign Matheus Carvalho
- 31 Jan 20:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City loan Topliss out
- 31 Jan 19:59 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Ibarbo is near: the sums
- 31 Jan 19:39 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Arouca joins Palmeiras
- 31 Jan 19:20 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Cuadrado's announcement expected soon
- 31 Jan 19:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sampdoria about to make it for Spolli
- 31 Jan 18:37 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ajax sign Sinkgraven
- 31 Jan 18:17 ITALY/ TORINO, Alvaro Gonzalez about to join
- 31 Jan 17:59 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Bruno Uvini about to join Sporting Lisbon
- 31 Jan 17:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fetfatzidis joins Chievo Verona
- 31 Jan 17:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AS Roma sign Doumbia
- 31 Jan 17:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger wants Lloris
- 31 Jan 16:37 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Danic joins Bastia
- 31 Jan 16:17 BELGIUM/ STANDARD LIEGE, Cyprien likely to join
- 31 Jan 15:59 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Laxalt joins Genoa
- 31 Jan 15:39 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK MOSCOW, Offer to WBA for signing Samaras
- 31 Jan 15:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Palermo sign Danilo Ortiz
- 31 Jan 15:00 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, New renewal offer to captain Magnanelli
- 31 Jan 14:27 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Konyaspor sign Mahlangu
- 31 Jan 13:57 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Lanùs sign Leto again
- 31 Jan 13:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fiorentina loan Beleck out
- 31 Jan 12:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Manchester City loan Zuculini out again
- 31 Jan 12:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, O'Grady joins Sheffield United back
- 31 Jan 12:00 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ajax loan Duarte to Heerenveen
- 31 Jan 11:27 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Bryan Ruiz joins Levante
- 31 Jan 10:57 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Serey Die about to join from FC Basel
- 31 Jan 10:29 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Malaga sign Nwakali
- 31 Jan 09:59 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Keen on Vrsaljko
- 31 Jan 09:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Almeria sign Casado
- 31 Jan 09:00 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Olympiakos sign Felipe Santana
- 31 Jan 00:00 INTER, Vidic's agent:: "He will honor his contract"
- 30 Jan 23:37 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Marica could come back
- 30 Jan 23:17 ITALY/ INTER, Idea Dragovic
- 30 Jan 22:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Crystal Palace sign Pape Souaré
After an unsuccessful experience at Manchester United (which purchased him from Crystal Palace on a 9 million pounds payment) during the first half of 2013/14, English Under-21 international winger and forward Wilfried Zaha (22) is getting less and less likely to be included back
Interviewed by FcInter1908.it, Silvano Martina, agent of Inter Milan defender Nemanja Vidic, has declared: "Why should he leave? He is playing. H
Interviewed by RAC 1, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has declared: "Messi and Luis Enrique? They are very well, tensions are normal, bu
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has declared about the possibility to sign Manchester United 30-year-old midfielder Darren Fletcher: "It's sti
Interviewed by RMC, OM attacking midfielder Florian Thauvin has declared: "Leaving this club last summer, after just one year, was not part of my
Interviewed by Die Welt, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has declared: "My players are focused on the season, and I have positive sensations