PSG, Ménez: "We are desperate to beat Toulouse"
13.09.2012 17.17 by TM W
© foto di Federico Gaetano
Just back from international duty with the French national team, Jérémy Ménez looks back at his performances with Les Bleus and ahead to Friday's Ligue 1 clash at home to Toulouse.
Jérémy, how was the camp with Les Bleus?
"It was very positive, even if I only played one whole match and then three minutes against Belarus. It's not easy because with PSG I play up front and with the national team I'm on the right. I'm not quite as comfortable, but I do whatever I can for the team."
Against Belarus, your PSG teammate Christophe Jallet scored a superb goal…
"I spoke to him about it and he admits he didn't do it on purpose. But he deserves it all the same given all his work for PSG. It's not easy to do what he did. Normally, when you try to score from there, the ball flies over. I'm very happy for him."
Can we say that Les Bleus have prepared ideally for the next game against Spain?
"It's obviously very good to have got six points from two games. Above and beyond that, they were two good games played with the right attitude, which is what everyone was expecting from us. We can compete with Spain, even if it won't be easy. We are confident and will do everything to win that match."
Is the international break an advantage or a handicap in terms of Friday's match against Toulouse at the Parc des Princes?
"It was a good break because we came off the back of a win over Lille. It was a different scene, new faces and we return to our respective clubs fresh and motivated. We are desperate to beat Toulouse and go on a run of wins."
Other news Ligue 1 (France)
- 29 Jun 20:08 LYON, Aulas: "Umtiti will leave only for joining Barça"
- 25 Jun 17:40 LYON owner AULAS: "I turned down NAPOLI on TOLISSO. LACAZETTE won't join PSG"
- 20 Jun 22:39 OFFICIAL - Wuthrich resigns from Montpellier
- 09 Jun 18:48 FRANCE - Griezmann: "Giroud boo's are hurting the whole team"
- 01 Jun 12:15 OLYMPIQUE LYON, Aulas: "If PSG offer big time, we'll let Lacazette go"
- 30 May 21:38 Ligue 1, De Ceglie is the worst player
- 26 May 21:07 OFFICIAL: Lille, goalkeeper Enyeama renewal until 2019
- 25 May 21:18 PSG, Verratti's ag.: "Marco has suffered so much for Zlatan farewell"
- 24 May 16:55 OGC NICE, Favre is the new OGC Nice manager
- 02 May 15:05 LIVERPOOL - Tracking Pastore
- 30 Apr 21:53 LIGUE 1 - Lyon 2 - 1 GFC Ajaccio
- 30 Apr 20:37 LIGUE 1 - Final Scores
- 24 Apr 21:56 LIGUE 1 - Rennes 1 - 1 Monaco - Full Time Result
- 24 Apr 20:47 Ligue 1 - Rennes 0 - 1 Monaco - Half Time Result
- 23 Apr 09:46 LYON - Lacazette to leave
- 21 Apr 09:23 PSG - Sirigu's agent: "He'll accept any decision from the club"
- 20 Apr 10:08 LILLE - Seydoux: "Keeping Boufal is technically impossible"
- 20 Apr 09:56 PSG - In talks with Mourinho
- 13 Apr 15:47 UCL/PSG - Zlatan: "We gave away two games"
- 12 Apr 12:09 UCL/PSG - Motta: "Toure is an excellent player"
- 12 Apr 11:36 UCL/PSG - Blanc insists Zlatan will shine
- 12 Apr 11:19 UCL/PSG - Blanc: "Verratti needs a miracle to play"
- 12 Apr 10:58 UCL/PSG - Di Maria: "Hit them where it hurts"
- 09 Apr 09:48 PSG - Ibrahimovic receives apology for doping accusations
- 08 Apr 11:04 PSG - Ibrahimovic accused of doping
- 06 Apr 19:50 PSG - 'Manchester United didn't let me settle' says Di Maria
- 06 Apr 18:24 PSG, Verratti's agent to TMW Radio: "We are fine here in Paris. He'll be a key player for Italian NT"
- 06 Apr 13:23 PSG, Cavani: "Glad many clubs are keen on me, but I'm happy in Paris. I really don't know about my future"
- 05 Apr 11:39 PSG - Silva: "Ibra is invaluable to our team"
- 05 Apr 08:09 LIGUE 1 / OM, crucial days for Michel
- 03 Apr 23:20 Ligue 1 - Sunday's Scores
- 02 Apr 22:22 LIGUE 1/ Final Scores
- 31 Mar 21:26 PSG - Ibra's agent: "He has offers from every continent"
- 28 Mar 10:48 PSG - Lucas: "Forever in Paris"
- 22 Mar 14:00 BAYERN MUNICH - Dembele, without agreement with Bayern
- 21 Mar 07:00 AS MONACO, Vasilyev: "Lemar? We'll definitely need him next season"
- 20 Mar 22:00 PSG 0 MONACO 2
- 20 Mar 17:01 PSG, City and Real want Marquinhos
- 18 Mar 13:49 FRANCE - France plot Benzema's Euro comeback
- 16 Mar 18:00 MARSEILLE - Diaby set for return
- 14 Mar 16:12 PSG - Ibrahimovic: set a meeting
- 14 Mar 12:30 PSG - Zlatan: "If they replace Eiffel Tower with my statue, I will stay"
- 14 Mar 08:30 OFFICIAL / LIGUE 1 - PSG champion of league 1
- 13 Mar 19:29 MARSEILLE - Michel can leave if Real Madrid call him
- 13 Mar 00:33 LIGUE 1: Final Scores
- 12 Mar 19:00 PSG - Blanc: "Verratti is recovering from the injury. He only need some rest"
- 12 Mar 17:30 BORDEAUX, Ready to bid for Riviere
- 10 Mar 12:00 PSG - Zlatan: "I'm just warming up"
- 08 Mar 13:00 PSG - Lucas Moura wary of Chelsea threat
- 02 Mar 01:00 PSG, Di Maria: "I won't celebrate if I score against Real. Every day I train with a Smile here in Paris"
- 29 Feb 18:45 OFFICIAL - Toulouse, Arribagé sacked
- 29 Feb 15:30 LIGUE 1 / After 37 games without losing, first defeat of PSG
- 29 Feb 11:30 PSG's unbeaten runs ends at Lyon
- 28 Feb 07:00 PSG, Official note on Aurier's suspension terms
- 24 Feb 09:29 Real Madrid - Bale won't be sold over injury woes
- 18 Feb 10:16 PSG, Ibramimovic: "Premier League something I fancy"
- 16 Feb 18:30 PSG, Thiago Silva: "I asked Neymar to join us"
- 16 Feb 13:43 PSG in talks with Beckham's Miami franchise
- 16 Feb 12:13 PSG, Thiago Silva has admitted he has asked Neymar to join Paris Saint-Germain
- 15 Feb 18:15 PSG - Laurent Blanc describes Serge Aurier video as 'pitiful'
- 15 Feb 16:44 PSG - Verratti: "We are very ambitious and in a great moment"
- 15 Feb 14:26 Serge Aurier suspended indefinitely by PSG
- 15 Feb 09:00 FRANCE / PSG away to Aurier to insult Blanc and Di Maria
- 12 Feb 19:30 EXCLUSIVE TRANFER MARKET / LIGUE 1 / PSG opens the door to Marquinhos
- 12 Feb 12:35 Fletcher marks full debut with goal
- 11 Feb 17:14 Lamine Sane and Jerome Prior suspended indefinitely
- 11 Feb 15:07 PSG – Lavezzi moving to China
- 11 Feb 11:44 O.M., Silva: "I was not kicked off Marseille team bus"
- 11 Feb 10:36 PSG - Sirigu: "Lavezzi is an important loss, but he is the one who decides"
- 08 Feb 15:29 Thiago Silva: 'We can go the entire season unbeaten'
- 01 Feb 09:12 MARSEILLE - searching for striker
- 31 Jan 22:30 EXCLUSIVE / FRANCE / Ligue 1: Girondins Bordeaux's late signing
- 31 Jan 11:18 MONACO - Jemerson signs from Atletico Mineiro
- 28 Jan 12:02 David Luiz injury 'not too serious'
- 20 Jan 19:00 PSG, Blanc: "I hope I can sign a new contract"
- 13 Jan 23:08 PSG, Verratti: "Sign Ibra Up"
- 08 Jan 07:44 AS MONACO/ OFFICIAL, French football icon Makelele is the new technical director
- 20 Dec 23:00 PSG, Al-Khelaifi: "We'll discuss with Ibra about his future in February"
- 14 Dec 06:59 SAINT-ETIENNE, Galtier: "Of course the red card and the penalty made it hard for us against Monaco. Too many games in a row, UEFA should consider that"
- 09 Dec 13:30 O.L., Gonalons: "We want to win at least one match in the group stage"
- 03 Dec 07:30 RENNES, Montanier: "Ohéme are going to be a hard opponent. We need to find our way at home as well"
- 30 Nov 10:59 PSG, Thiago Silva: "I want to end my career just here"
- 24 Nov 14:29 PSG, Thiago Motta: "Now I know I want to stay. Ibra knows there are a lot of important players here. Our goal? Winning CL"
- 16 Nov 23:00 O.L., Grenier: "Now France is a country at war"
- 14 Nov 23:00 PSG, Grief note for Paris tragedy
- 13 Nov 20:44 FRANCE/ PSG, Di Maria: "I left Madrid at the right time"
- 10 Nov 22:08 FRANCE, Hatem Ben Arfa has spoken out about his Newcastle United "hell"
- 09 Nov 14:59 O.L., Valbuena: "Bad things can happen outside the pitch, but they won't get me down"
- 09 Nov 06:57 PSG, Thiago Silva: "I think CR7 might choose to join us"
- 05 Nov 06:59 PSG, Di Maria: "I feel terrible, we played ten times better than Real Madrid"
- 03 Nov 07:29 AS MONACO, Jardim: "I knew my players could give a lot more"
- 02 Nov 18:00 OGC NICE, Puel on Ben Arfa: "I knew he'd have a become a great scorer for us. He's not troublesome at all here"
- 29 Oct 08:29 LILLE, Bauthéac: "We got back some trust in ourselves"
- 28 Oct 06:00 RENNES, Veteran defender Armand: "Bastia aren't our nemesis anymore"
- 27 Oct 05:30 AS MONACO, Bernardo Silva: "Jardim gives chances to us young players"
- 26 Oct 13:20 O.M., Batshuayi euphemistically after victory over Lille: "We showed our balls on the pitch"
- 22 Oct 20:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Cavani: "“Apparently I’ve created a bit of controversy over the things I’ve said about Napoli"
- 21 Oct 07:29 PSG, Thiago Silva: "We really need to win tonight. Real will miss Bale and Benzema a lot"
- 20 Oct 10:17 O.L., Aulas: "We'd be disappointed if not reaching CL eighth finals"
- 19 Oct 06:59 CAEN, Delort: "Turned out well for us against Reims"
After having introduced Nicolas N'Koulou as Olympique Lyon's new signing, Ligue 1 giants owner, Jean-Michel Aulas, asked about 22 years old French international centre-back Samuel Umtiti's future, stated:
"As we did in the past when Benzema joined Real Ma
Attending his first press conference as Juventus player, 33 years old Brazilian star Dani Alves stated:
"I chose 23 as my number, same one as
Villarreal announced having extended their deals with former Italian international defensive all-rounder Daniele Bonera (35), until June 2017, an
Tottenham centre-back Jan Vertonghen has posted a message on Twitter welcoming new signing Victor Wanyama.
Welcome to Tottenham @V
After having introduced Nicolas N'Koulou as Olympique Lyon's new signing, Ligue 1 giants owner, Jean-Michel Aulas, asked about 22 years o
Coming back from his loan at Grasshoppers, Swiss Under-19 international goalkeeper Gregor Kobel (18) had his own deal with Hoffenheim offici