AC MILAN, Inzaghi and Allegri: "Nothing happened"
21.09.2012 16.44 by TM W
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
The Trophy Room in Via Turati. Massimiliano Allegri, first team coach and Filippo Inzaghi, youth team coach, both spoke to the Milan Channel after media reports of a fall out between the two.
Allegri: "There’s nothing to report as nothing happened. This year Pippo moved on to coach of the youth team and there’s total collaboration between the first team and the youth sector. There was an exchange of opinions but no swearing and nothing offensive as has been reported. I hope to stay with the club for the long term but I don’t think I’ll be here forever and I think that Filippo has all the right characteristics for a great career in coaching. He has started well with the Allievi Nazionali and he has a great chance to really do some good work as the club has decided in the past two years to intensify the links between the youth sector and the first team. We have an exchange of ideas every month. I can take ideas from them as I’ve never coached a youth side. It’s a new world for me and there are things I can apply to the first team. The important thing is that we’re all on the same page as the club wants us to be. At the moment, we’re a bit more worried than we should be. It’s true that in the league and in Europe we could have started better but the team is completely new and I think there are positive aspects that we can start from. We have to continue working like we’ve been doing until now. Sunday will be a tough game like all the others. Udinese have a lot of potential and they played a great game last night in the Europe League, we’ll have to prepare well like we always do. We never underestimate an adversary. What we’ve done so far hasn’t been enough. We’re missing a little something and we’re working to bring us back to normality. But I think that when we’re not winning the situation can be looked upon as even darker than it really is. Pippo and I are on the same side and nothing has happened”.
Inzaghi: "I think the coach said it all, there’s little to add. It lasted less than a minute and the young players saw nothing as there wasn’t anything to see. This is what disappointed me more than anything. I read about family members being present, pushing and shoving. We are Milan and we all want the best for this club. Nothing like this could ever happen. I think at the moment what’s needed is to stand by the team rather than write about things that never happened. That’s what we’re here to say and that’s the right thing for the fans and the club. Milan is a club that sued to winning and maybe when we don’t it makes more headlines than it would with other teams. I even said to the papers, we have to work together to get out of this tunnel and with everyone working together we will. I’m a fan of this team and I really hope this happens. I hope to have brought a bit of enthusiasm to my players with all that I’ve won in my 20 years as a player. With the youth sides, the results are secondary. The important thing is to make the players grow within the rules and that’s what I’m trying to do. I try to put into practice what I think will help them grow as players. I hope they continue to grow and it’s a great experience to be in contact with the club’s young players. It’s very gratifying. We’re playing at the same time as the first team on Sunday and I’ll be checking for the result at the end. There’s never been any problem between me and the coach and I want to make that clear”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 28 Jul 10:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Fariña joins Depor
- 28 Jul 09:45 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Idea Gargano
- 28 Jul 09:30 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Eyes on Rodriguez
- 28 Jul 09:15 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Idea Clasie
- 28 Jul 09:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, New chance for Suarez
- 28 Jul 08:30 PORTUGAL/ BRAGA, Ghilas likely to join
- 28 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Roncaglia injured
- 28 Jul 07:27 OM, Ayew's agent: "He could move to Italy soon"
- 28 Jul 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Guardiola will stay at least until 2016"
- 28 Jul 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Griezmann could help our team"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 28 Jul 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Ospina will provide us a great improvement"
- 27 Jul 23:27 ITALY/ ROMA, Price for Ljajic is set
- 27 Jul 22:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Celta sign Rioja
- 27 Jul 22:29 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool sign Lovren
- 27 Jul 21:59 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Also Fiorentina after Jonas
- 27 Jul 21:30 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL, Auction for Schär
- 27 Jul 21:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Eyes on Manolas
- 27 Jul 20:27 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Offer for Rojo ready
- 27 Jul 19:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New meeting for Romulo
- 27 Jul 19:29 FRANCE/ PSG, Two Spanish clubs after Chantome
- 27 Jul 18:59 GERMANY/ WERDER, Eyes on Prödl
- 27 Jul 18:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Isco towards Manchester City
- 27 Jul 18:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Still keen on Criscito
- 27 Jul 17:27 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, José Angel about to join
- 27 Jul 16:57 ITALY/ GENOA, Idea Babacar
- 27 Jul 16:29 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Estudiantes sign Navarro
- 27 Jul 15:59 ITALY/ LAZIO, Juve's offer for Candreva refused
- 27 Jul 15:30 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Done for Vietto
- 27 Jul 15:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Auction for Ogbonna
- 27 Jul 14:27 ITALY/ VERONA, Idea Sorensen
- 27 Jul 13:57 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Agreement for Muller
- 27 Jul 13:29 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Idea Stambouli
- 27 Jul 12:59 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Sprint for Insua
- 27 Jul 12:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Sevilla sign Arribas
- 27 Jul 12:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Sprint for M'Poku
- 27 Jul 11:27 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Survey on Eto'o
- 27 Jul 10:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Ansaldi about to sign
- 27 Jul 10:29 FRANCE/ MONACO, Sprint for Cerci
- 27 Jul 09:59 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Romulo's signing to be announced on Tuesday
- 27 Jul 09:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ospina joins Arsenal
- 27 Jul 09:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Sporting sign Sarr
- 27 Jul 08:27 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Reus recovering
- 27 Jul 07:57 OM, Payet: "I want to stay"
- 27 Jul 07:29 WERDER, Schroder: "Many clubs afyer Akpala"
- 27 Jul 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Jovetic will stay"
- 27 Jul 06:30 ATLETICO, Suarez: "I am happy here"
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 27 Jul 02:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ready to sign Casillas if Real give permission
- 27 Jul 01:27 ITALY/ GENOA, Roncaglia the alternative to Campagnaro
Interviewed by Cuatro TV, Inter Milan defender Hugo Armando Campagnaro has declared: "Roma? I don't know, I have one more year on my contract with Inter, we'll see. We will choose the best solution for me and the club".
Interviewed by Cuatro TV, Inter Milan defender Hugo Armando Campagnaro has declared: "Roma? I don't know, I have one more year on my contract
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone has declared about Real Sociedad 23-year-old winger Antoine Griezmann: "He is a good player, very fast. He co
After Arsenal announced having signed Colombian international David Ospina, Gunners manager Arsène Wenger commented upon it: “David Ospin
Interviewed by Sky Sport, Federico Pastorello, agent of OM 24-year-old forward André Ayew, has declared: "We are talking about a good play