REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Kakà played well"
27.09.2012 12.18 by TM W
© foto di Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mourinho appeared before the media after the match against Millonarios. The Whites coach expressed his satisfaction upon the team winning another Santiago Bernabéu Trophy: “We went out strong, we didn't want to joke around. We wanted to win the cup that the club offers and that the team has won consecutively for many years”. In addition, he spoke of the good work of the less frequent players: “When players show ambition and motivation to do things well it's natural for the coach to have them in mind and give them pitch time”.
Ricardo Kaká, with his hat-trick, was one of the men of the match. Mourinho praised his performance in the press room: “He played well, like the whole team and we maintained a solid formation before the changes. The performance from Kaká and from the team was very good. It's only possible because they work well, just like those who didn't get much time on the pitch. Kaká and the others' many accomplishments mean that the coach thinks of them and has them in mind when it comes to making the squad list”.
Mourinho played down the importance of the goal-fest and said that Millonarios didn't put all of its potential into play: “We did our job, we watched videos, we got a global understanding of our rival and the players. They're a better team than they demonstrated today. The Columbian and South American competitions are priorities for them and they didn't want to take any risks or be aggressive in what is a friendly match. When you have a gentle match like this the players with greater technical skills manage to dominate. I think it's a shame, because eight goals is a lot, but Millonarios are more than they have shown”.
The Real Madrid coach praised the team's good attitude and explained one of the reasons for scoring eight goals against Millonarios: “It's Real Madrid's fault because we went out strong, we didn't want to joke around. We wanted to win a cup that the club offers and that the team has won consecutively for many years. We attacked their confidence, marking them early on”.
Mourinho referred to the academy players and their contribution to the first squad: “It isn't anything new for the Castilla players, it helps them improve. Due to the reduced number of players we have in the professional squad they have to be prepared to help the first team. All the players that come after Morata and Nacho are still developing their talents".
Lastly, he explained the participation of Derik and Mario, a youth player from Juvenil B: “In the case of Derik and Mario it was a way of saying there they are. It isn't a prize for them, but for Real Madrid C and for the youth teams, for their coaches and working groups. I brought along one from each team with that intention and it's a special moment for them. The boy from the youth teams will undoubtedly be famous at school tomorrow and I'm happy for him because he's a good kid”.
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 05 Feb 11:22 Valencia - Rafa Benitez set to oust Gary Neville
- 04 Feb 22:00 BARCELONA FC, Neymar sr.: "No reason to renew, he won't end his career at Barça"
- 04 Feb 17:40 ATLETICO MADRID - Cerezo: "Jackson Martinez wasn't at the top of the situation"
- 04 Feb 14:14 Canizares: 'Neville should apologise and resign'
- 04 Feb 10:43 Valencia – Gary Neville will not resign
- 03 Feb 17:00 SPAIN / LA LIGA / SEVILLA FC: If Kakuta leaves, leave an open tab to enroll Fazio in Europa League
- 03 Feb 16:31 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Market revolution
- 02 Feb 09:37 LA LIGA / REAL MADRID: Florentino need give love to Benzema
- 02 Feb 08:00 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Atletico negotiates signing of Brazilian Caio Henrique to his junior team
- 01 Feb 21:46 OFFICIAL - Osasuna, De Las Cuevas sign
- 01 Feb 16:51 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Verdú near close his move to Levante
- 31 Jan 22:00 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Real Madrid thrashed Espanyol to regain confidence in themselves
- 31 Jan 09:58 REAL MADRID - PSG centre-back Marquinhos targeted
- 30 Jan 18:45 REAL MADRID - Zidane: "Rumours on Neymar don't bother us"
- 30 Jan 18:36 BARCELONA - Leroy Sané chooses Azulgrana, he can arrive next summer
- 30 Jan 17:48 Barcelona v Atletico 2-1: Messi and Suarez for the comeback and top spot
- 30 Jan 15:15 OFFICIAL - Asteras Tripolis and Lanzarote part company on mutual consent: he signed for Zaragoza
- 30 Jan 01:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW / SPAIN / LA LIGA: FIFA suspends the penalty to Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid
- 29 Jan 22:58 REAL BETIS- Montoya already in Sevilla to undergo medical
- 29 Jan 21:55 ATLETICO MADRID - The club decides Oliver Torres is not for sale
- 29 Jan 21:18 ATLETICO MADRID - Simeone: "We aren't scared of Barcelona"
- 29 Jan 20:46 BARCELONA - Bordas on Neymar: "He will be with us for a long time"
- 29 Jan 11:56 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Gabi offered 23 million to move to China
- 28 Jan 13:53 Real Madrid contacted by Chelsea over Carvajal
- 27 Jan 22:00 Spain / La Liga: Atlético de Madrid 2 - Celta de Vigo 3
- 27 Jan 21:53 SPAIN / LA LIGA: Copa del Rey Barça 3 - Athletic Club de Bilbao 1
- 27 Jan 20:30 Atlético de Madrid - Celta de Vigo
- 23 Jan 08:00 BARCELONA FC, Neymar's father: "My son is not interested in joining Real Madrid"
- 06 Jan 12:11 REAL MADRID, Zidane promises 'beautiful football' at Merengues
- 05 Jan 09:30 REAL MADRID/ OFFICIAL, Zinedine Zidane is the new first squad manager
- 04 Jan 17:00 BARCELONA FC, Former teammate Alcantara: "Messi, Suarez and Neymar all deserve Ballon d'Or"
- 31 Dec 01:16 SEVILLA, Llorente wanted Juventus stay
- 28 Dec 17:27 REAL MADRID, Statement about disciplinary decisions in relation to the Copa del Rey
- 25 Dec 10:22 BARCELONA, Messi: "Ronaldinho told me to take his No.10 shirt"
- 24 Dec 11:33 BARCELONA, Rafinha: "Neymar can't pip Messi to the Ballon d'Or ... yet"
- 18 Dec 20:00 REAL MADRID, Florentino: "Benitez is not our problem, he's our solution. Zidane? He'll sure be Merengues manager in the future"
- 18 Dec 15:29 REAL MADRID, Florentino rules out Mourinho coming back soon
- 16 Dec 08:16 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "No jealousy between Messi, Neymar and Suarez"
- 15 Dec 19:18 BARCELONA, Jordi Alba: "We don't rely on Messi or Neymar"
- 14 Dec 07:30 REAL MADRID, Modric on Villarreal failure: "My mistake on their goal. Now let's end 2015 on a high note"
- 09 Dec 14:16 BARCELONA, Ter Stegen: "You have to be wary with Leverkusen"
- 09 Dec 10:48 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ronaldo Happy at Real
- 03 Dec 11:59 REAL MADRID, Copa del Rey at risk: Benitez lines up a suspended player
- 03 Dec 09:29 VALENCIA, Gayà: "Now Neville will suggest us his ideas as a trainer"
- 30 Nov 19:10 VALENCIA, Nuno Espirito Santo is no more Taronges manager. Voro and Neville as caretakers
- 29 Nov 16:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Official report on Tiago's surgery
- 27 Nov 20:29 REAL MADRID, Medical reported on Varane: 3 weeks stop
- 24 Nov 12:57 REAL MADRID, Florentino Perez after Clásico failure: "We believe in Benitez's work, and CR7 has nothing against him"
- 21 Nov 00:59 BARCELONA: Luis Enrique: "Real Madrid's problems are exaggerated"
- 18 Nov 16:57 BARCELONA, Neymar could leave
- 17 Nov 13:27 SPAIN, Del Bosque: "We were not afraid"
- 15 Nov 14:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Frenchman Griezmann shocked in Paris aftermath: "My sister was at Le Bataclan, she left alive"
- 15 Nov 13:00 VALENCIA, Mustafi on Paris tragedy: "What's going on on this planet?"
- 09 Nov 21:28 SPAIN, Ramos and Juanfran pull out of Spain squad
- 09 Nov 16:57 FC SEVILLE, Immobile on his first Liga goal against Real Madrid: "A dream coming true"
- 06 Nov 05:18 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "Blaugrana were framed!"
- 05 Nov 11:14 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Benzema 'calm' as Valbuena investigation continues
- 05 Nov 07:00 VALENCIA, Espirito Santo: "We are embarassed, we hit rock bottom"
- 03 Nov 19:00 BARCELONA, Vermaelen: "I'm not scared of injuries"
- 03 Nov 07:00 SPORTING GIJÓN, Abelardo: "Important victory against Malaga, next games will be hard"
- 02 Nov 22:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Possible lineup, Madrid and Paris out to gain Group A edge
- 02 Nov 21:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Benitez: " Nobody can dispute PSG's quality"
- 29 Oct 08:30 EIBAR, Medical report on Dani Garcia and Verdi
- 28 Oct 07:59 RAYO VALLECANO, Medical report on Cobeño: surgery gone fine
- 27 Oct 07:29 ATHLETIC BILBAO, Medical report on Muniain
- 27 Oct 00:03 LIGA, Roberto Carlos: "Neymar is better than Messi and Ronaldo"
- 26 Oct 15:37 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes after triumph over Levante: "We played better some games else, but this time we scored a lot"
- 23 Oct 00:40 BARCELONA, Messi: "I don't compete with Ronaldo, and he doesn't compete with me"
- 22 Oct 10:39 SPAIN, Johan Cruyff diagnosed with lung cancer
- 21 Oct 08:00 REAL MADRID, Varane before PSG clash: "We'll have to control the game in order to defeat them"
- 20 Oct 12:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "We are in good shape, and we can defeat Gent. Happy here, I want to renew"
- 19 Oct 08:57 ATLETICO MADRID, Griezmann: "Sociedad? We did what we needed to do. I'd never celebrate scoring against a club that gave me everything"
- 16 Oct 07:30 VALENCIA, Alcacer: "Mestalla audience is picky and impatient, we need to fulfil their expectations"
- 15 Oct 06:59 REAL MADRID, Sergio Ramos back in squad training
- 14 Oct 10:57 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Ronaldo can score more goals"
- 14 Oct 06:30 FC SEVILLE, Tremoulinas: "We succeeded in defeating Barcelona because we worked as a real group"
- 13 Oct 13:04 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Neymar: "Of course I want new Barcelona deal"
- 12 Oct 06:30 BARCELONA FC, Neymar: "Both my gameplaying and my life here changed for the best"
- 09 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Mustafi's agent: "Bayern are after him"
- 08 Oct 06:00 CELTA, Nolito: "I'm not thinking about Barcelona"
- 07 Oct 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "I want to stay"
- 02 Oct 23:33 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Perez: "Ronaldo is a Blancos legend"
- 02 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "Contacts with Barcelona"
- 01 Oct 19:27 LEVANTE, Simao: "Ready to fight and struggle against Villarreal"
- 01 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Kovacic? He's got the qualities for becoming a champion"
- 30 Sep 06:29 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "I refused to join Porto"
- 29 Sep 18:48 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - BARCELONA FC, Rakitic: "We want to win for Leo and for our fans. Our style won't change"
- 29 Sep 17:59 REAL MADRID, 20-man squad for the match against Malmö: Bale out
- 29 Sep 13:15 CHAMPIONS, Barcelona v Leverkusen - Possible lineups: Leo Messi is irreplaceable
- 29 Sep 06:29 ATLETICO, Tiago: "I would like to end my career here"
- 24 Sep 13:39 VILLARREAL, Marcelino after Malaga accomplishment: "I'm extremely proud of my players"
- 23 Sep 08:19 BETIS, Joaquin: "Sousa didn't want to let me go"
- 22 Sep 16:00 BARCELONA FC, Medical report on Rafinha after surgery
- 22 Sep 07:00 BARCELONA, Neymar calls Coutinho
- 21 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "We don't have to pay 10 millions to De Gea"
- 19 Sep 16:00 VALENCIA v BETIS, Liga Matchday 4, Special Preview - Joaquín faces his own past
- 18 Sep 07:29 Europa League Matchday 1 aftermath - VILLARREAL, Marcelino after Austrian failure: "We were really bad during part of the game"
- 18 Sep 01:57 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - BARCELONA FC (Group E), Suarez: "No need to get upset for the outcome"
- 17 Sep 17:12 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - ZENIT (Group H), Hulk: "Important victory for us, Valencia are a great team"
- 17 Sep 00:34 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - VALENCIA (Group H), André Gomes: "We took some risks, and Zenit exploited it"
- 06 Feb 00:39 OFFICIAL - Middlesbrough, goalkeeper Mejias extends until 2018
- 06 Feb 00:19 OFFICIAL - Boca Juniors, Insaurralde is back. Marín at Camoranesi's Tigre
- 05 Feb 23:55 GALATASARAY - Burak Yilmaz going to China, Zaccheroni is waiting for him
- 05 Feb 23:48 OFFICIAL - Sevilla, Kakuta sold to Hebei fortune
- 05 Feb 17:48 Spurs better off without Kane?
- 05 Feb 17:25 Mourinho next to be targeted by Chinese Super League
- 05 Feb 17:14 Hiddink believes good time are ahead for Chelsea
- 05 Feb 16:58 Far East a threat to Europe's top leagues?
- 05 Feb 16:47 'Manchester City move will not distract Bayern' says Guardiola
- 05 Feb 16:35 Pellegrini: 'Leicester not the biggest game of the season'
- 05 Feb 16:26 New TV deal will not lower ticket prices says Wenger
- 05 Feb 16:19 Howe's praise for in-form Boruc
- 05 Feb 16:11 Crystal Palace have worst form in Europe
- 05 Feb 13:00 SLOVAKIA/ OFFICIAL, Slovan Bratislava sign Under-19 NT captain Kopicar
- 05 Feb 12:47 Arsenal, Wenger: "I’m happy for Benik Afobe"
- 05 Feb 12:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Barnsley sign Harris
- 05 Feb 12:30 SLOVAKIA/ OFFICIAL, Chinese youngster Cong Huang AS Trencin
- 05 Feb 12:15 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Kayserispor sign William
- 05 Feb 12:00 TURKEY/ FENERBAHCE: Willing to sign Markovic on a full basis, but Klopp wants him back at Liverpool
- 05 Feb 12:00 LA LIGA / REAL BETIS BALÓN PIE: Damiao the new player
- 05 Feb 11:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Zaza's agent: "He definitely doesn't want to leave"
- 05 Feb 11:31 Atletico Madrid - Three players targeted by Chinese clubs
- 05 Feb 11:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, From Spain: duel to Barça on Marquinhos
- 05 Feb 11:22 Valencia - Rafa Benitez set to oust Gary Neville
- 05 Feb 11:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Fulham sign Rohan Ince
- 05 Feb 11:14 Arsenal - Tomas Rosicky ruled out for further 12 weeks
- 05 Feb 11:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, In touch with Ajax for Bazoer
- 05 Feb 10:59 Manchester United - Mourinho confident of Job
- 05 Feb 10:48 Arsenal - Wenger’s pre-Bournemouth press conference in short.
- 05 Feb 10:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Brighton sign Skalak and Ayunga. Elvis Manu loaned out
- 05 Feb 10:40 Chelsea – Diego Costa is target for Atletico Madrid
- 05 Feb 10:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bristol City sign O'Donnell from Wigan on a full basis
- 05 Feb 10:29 Shakhtar Donetsk - Alex Teixeira signed for Chinese club Jiangsu Suning
- 05 Feb 10:22 Daniel Sturridge ready to quit Liverpool
- 05 Feb 10:16 Manchester United bid £145m for Neymar
- 05 Feb 10:15 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Red Star Belgrade sign 3 players
- 05 Feb 10:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, From Chile: Vidal possibly Juventus back
- 05 Feb 10:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW / PREMIER LEAGUE: Manchester United: Mourinho Says OK to UNITED
- 05 Feb 09:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, U.S. American youngster Joshua Perez joins in
- 05 Feb 09:40 EXCLUSIVE TMW / LA LIGA / ATLÉTICO MADRID: Vidal to Atlético
- 05 Feb 09:30 FRANCE/ O.M., 8 million euros ready for hiring Cabella back from Newcastle
- 05 Feb 09:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Willing to sign Mammana as Romagnoli's future partner
- 05 Feb 09:00 RUSSIA/ CSKA MOSCOW, Okotie's agent reveals talks
- 05 Feb 08:45 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Back for Agüero if FIFA allow offers
- 05 Feb 08:30 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Negotiation for Sven Bender's renewal started
- 05 Feb 08:15 SPAIN/ DEPORTIVO, Mosquera in talks for long-term renewal
- 05 Feb 08:00 FRANCE/ OGC NICE, Pied discloses he's willing to renew
- 05 Feb 07:45 UKRAINE/ SHAKHTAR, First Chinese offer for Alex Teixeira refused
- 05 Feb 07:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Suggestion for Candreva
- 05 Feb 07:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Betis sign Damião
Boca Juniors bought central defender Juan Manuel Insuarralde for $1.5m from Mexican side Jaguares.
Insuarralde also played in Spartak Moscow, Paok Salonicco and Newell's Old Boys.
Boca also sold to Club Atletico Tigre the right full back Leandro Marín.
As reported on Juventus official site, 28 years old Uruguayan defensive all-rounder underwent a series of tests to ascertain the full extent of h
The Daily Express reports that former Chelsea and Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez set to oust Gary Neville at Valencia. The former pundit turned manager N
A bizzare stat has shown that Tottenham would in fact be better off if striker Harry Kane hadn't scored a goal at either end of the pitch thi
Girondins Bordeaux has announced the signing of Uruguayan Mauro Arambarri and Brazilian Malcom.
Pep Guardiola believes the announcement of his move to Manchester City in the summer will not affect him or Bayern Munich this season.