INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 10.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 30 Aug 01:23 AC MILAN, Abate: "We must win back our fans with desire and humility"
- 29 Aug 19:48 AS ROMA, Garcia: "My players are hungry for success"
- 29 Aug 10:59 INTER, Icardi: "We started strong, that's what the gaffer wanted"
- 29 Aug 10:36 INTER, Kovacic: "I'll play wherever the coach wants me"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 27 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Van Ginkel may join us"
- 26 Aug 17:14 JUVENTUS, Romulo: "I’m excited by the challenge of playing Champions"
- 26 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Paratici: "No contacts between Sevilla and Ogbonna"
- 25 Aug 17:30 INTER, Medel: "I want to show what I can do"
- 25 Aug 00:00 ROMA, Destro's agent: "Milan could make a step soon"
- 24 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The market? If the team can be improved..."
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 04 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "We are keeping our word"
- 03 Aug 09:00 INTER, Schelotto's agent: "Southampton? We'll see,,"
- 02 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 02:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Also Real after him"
- 29 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? It's up to him"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 10:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 02:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 02:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 19:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 12:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 08:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 02:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 08:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 19:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 14 Jul 08:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honored by United's interest"
- 13 Jul 08:00 FIORENTINA, Valero: "I am not leaving"
- 12 Jul 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "He could still join Milan"
- 11 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Vrsaljko won't join. Cerci.. who knows"
- 10 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Iturbe? We'll see.."
- 09 Jul 02:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "Klose is not for sale"
- 08 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Pradè: "No official offers for Cuadrado"
- 07 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "Don't know anything about Barcelona"
- 04 Jul 02:00 GENOA. Vrsaljko's agent: "No news about his future"
- 03 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He is happy here"
- 02 Jul 10:50 JUVENTUS, Barzagli undergoes surgery in Finland
- 01 Jul 02:00 INTER, Taider: "I will stay"
- 30 Jun 18:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 30 Jun 15:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi about FIGC: "The hour has come for change"
- 28 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "Fiorentina agreable destination"
- 26 Jun 02:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic's agent: "Don't know anything about Lazio"
- 25 Jun 19:00 AC MILAN, Balotelli has hit back at his critics
- 25 Jun 02:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "He is about to join Chievo"
- 24 Jun 02:00 LAZIO, Perea's agent: "He's going nowhere"
- 23 Jun 02:00 MILAN, B. Berlusconi: "Balotelli is not irreplaceable"
- 22 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Bernardeschi: "Udinese and Cagliari agreable destinations"
- 21 Jun 02:00 INTER, Krhin's agent: "Happy to be back"
- 20 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "Italian and foreign clubs after him"
- 19 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We still don't know if he will stay"
- 18 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Radosevic's agent: "He's looking for a team where he can play"
- 17 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema's agent: "No agreement for the new contract"
- 17 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He's like to to end his career in Naples"
- 16 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Benitez: "We are not seeking defenders or goalkeepers"
- 14 Jun 02:00 INTER, Rolando: "I would like to remain, but..."
- 13 Jun 18:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi: "Our aim is to get qualified to Champions League"
- 13 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Cristante's agent: "Benfica after him, but he's not for sale"
- 12 Jun 02:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "Besiktas is an option"
- 11 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "Monaco are not after him"
- 10 Jun 02:00 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella's agent: "Galatasaray? Too early"
- 09 Jun 18:26 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Inzaghi " I thank President Berlusconi and all the club for the faith"
- 01 Sep 20:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Holtby back to Bundes
- 01 Sep 20:15 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto loan Carlos Eduardo out to OGC Nice
- 01 Sep 19:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico Madrid loan Bono Bounou out to Zaragoza
- 01 Sep 19:48 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Radamel Falcao about to be announced
- 01 Sep 19:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fiorentina sign Kurtic
- 01 Sep 19:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City sign Abel Hernandez from Palermo
- 01 Sep 19:21 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica about to announce Cristante from AC Milan: the sum
- 01 Sep 19:12 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fiorentina agree with Hamburg on Badelj's transfer
- 01 Sep 19:03 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Former PSG and Liverpool talent N'Gog joins Reims
- 01 Sep 18:54 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Daley Blind joins Manchester United
- 01 Sep 18:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Van Ginkel joins AC Milan from Chelsea
- 01 Sep 18:36 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Medojevic joins Eintracht Frankfurt
- 01 Sep 18:27 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ QPR, Deal with Liverpool: Borini deciding whether to join or not
- 01 Sep 18:18 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Feyenoord loan Hahn out
- 01 Sep 18:09 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Parma sign De Ceglie from Juventus
- 01 Sep 18:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Shock attempt for Pasqual
- 01 Sep 17:55 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico Madrid sign Italian international Cerci
- 01 Sep 17:51 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ajax sign Boer
- 01 Sep 17:48 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Amalfitano in London for medicals
- 01 Sep 17:44 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan sign Biabiany
- 01 Sep 16:13 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, To make an offer for Bacca
- 01 Sep 15:54 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Sevilla, Rusescu to Steaua
- 01 Sep 15:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter: Taider back from Southampton
- 01 Sep 15:33 ITALY/ INTER, Mbaye's agent: "Anderlecht asked info"
- 01 Sep 15:24 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland: Diakite has left the club by mutual consent
- 01 Sep 15:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Kurtic: "Also Leeds wanted me"
- 01 Sep 15:06 ITALY/ MILAN, Trading for the transfer of Cristante to Benfica
- 01 Sep 14:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL,Swansea sign Barrow
- 01 Sep 14:48 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Boyd joins Burnley
- 01 Sep 14:39 BELGIUM/ OFFCIAL, Standard de Liege, from Valencia arrives Jonathan Viera
- 01 Sep 14:36 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid sign Hernandez from United
- 01 Sep 13:44 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Beckenbauer: "Is not a crime to buy Spanish players"
- 01 Sep 13:28 ITALY/ MILAN, Niang's agent: "The club want him to stay"
- 01 Sep 13:13 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Bayern Munich: arrives Sinan Kurt
- 01 Sep 13:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Chicharito Hernandez undergo a medical
- 01 Sep 12:44 ITALY/ JUVE, New effort of Manchester United for Vidal
- 01 Sep 12:28 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, signed Falcao for 65 million euros
- 01 Sep 12:14 FRANCE/ PSG, Al-Khelaifi: "Rabiot at Roma? Negotiation is not closed. Arsenal ? I can say nothing"
- 01 Sep 12:05 SPAIN/ ATAHOTEL EXECUTIVE - Real Madrid, for Chicharito a loan about 3 mlns
- 01 Sep 12:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Samp, arrive Romagnoli on loan from Roma
- 01 Sep 11:44 REAL MADRID, Casillas: “We cannot let slip a 0-2 lead like that”
- 01 Sep 11:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: " I don’t like the team to play like that for an hour"
- 01 Sep 10:55 ENGLAND, Arsenal and City chase £55m Falcao
- 01 Sep 10:25 ITALY/ MILAN, Biabiany-Zaccardo swap deal
- 01 Sep 10:12 ITALY/ PARMA, meeting with Juve for De Ceglie
- 01 Sep 01:16 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Remy excited to work with Mourinho
- 31 Aug 02:00 LEICESTER CITY v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "They have been impressive against Everton and Chelsea"
- 31 Aug 01:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Teofilo Gutierrez on target
- 31 Aug 00:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, FC Seville sign Kolodziejczak
- 30 Aug 23:00 ENGLAND/ QPR, Taarabt: "I love AC Milan. I hope to join back"
Currently on a deal with Tottenham until June 2018, almost 24 years old German offensive midfielder and winger Lewis Holtby, after the Fulham experience, has been loaned out again, this time to Hamburg. Former Schalke 04 player has in fact joined Bundesliga side on a temporary ye
Here is what Rossoneri right-back Ignazio Abate, had to say exclusively to Milan Channel:
"The feelings are positive. We start a new sea
Iker Casillas started in the Anoeta and spoke about Real Madrid‘s defeat in the Anoeta no sooner had the match finished: “The team was neg
Loic Remy is excited to be working under his new manager Jose Mourinho.
"I spoke with him (Mourinho)," Remy told the club's official
Interviewed by Telefoot, PSG new defender David Luiz has declared: "I am sure that here I will be happier than at Barcelona or Bayern, because PS
Bayern Munich Sports Director Matthias Sammer has declared about 32-year-old midfidler Xabi Alonso, about to join from Real Madrid: "He is a play