INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 10.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 28 Dec 06:00 UDINESE, Muriel: "I am about to join Sampdoria"
- 25 Dec 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Gabbiadini won't be our only signing"
- 24 Dec 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "As long as they don't kick me out..."
- 23 Dec 00:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "He will remain until the end of the season"
- 22 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are not after Lennon"
- 21 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We'll do something on the transfer market"
- 20 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Essien's agent: "He won't leave in January"
- 19 Dec 18:14 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez: " I couldn't stay at Real Madrid once Navas arrived"
- 19 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Rodriguez: "I would like to end my career at San Lorenzo"
- 18 Dec 07:17 AC MILAN, Bonera: "Victory over Napoli give us confidence for facing AS Roma"
- 16 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Boca? No, I'll remain here"
- 15 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Torres going nowhere"
- 12 Dec 18:48 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I am sure that with this squad we can qualify for the Champions"
- 12 Dec 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman going nowhere"
- 11 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Tare: "We are not after Andreolli"
- 10 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No contacts for Inan"
- 09 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Lucas Silva? After Christmas we'll see"
- 09 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Dybala: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 08 Dec 06:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "We want to reinforce our team"
- 07 Dec 06:00 ROMA, Florenzi: "The new contract? We'll see..."
- 06 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Baccin: "Dybala going nowhere"
- 05 Dec 00:00 UDINESE, Soldati: "I don't think Widmer will leave in January"
- 04 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Savic: "No contacts with Juve"
- 03 Dec 17:13 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Ronaldo deserves Ballon d'Or, but Messi is still the best"
- 03 Dec 17:00 AS ROMA, Castan underwent neurosurgery this morning
- 03 Dec 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 02 Dec 17:50 AC MILAN, Bonera: "What Adriano Galliani said is very true..."
- 02 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 01 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Gonzalez: "If I don't get to play, I'll leave"
- 30 Nov 06:00 FIORENTINA, Richards: "Coming here was the right decision"
- 29 Nov 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "No negotiations for the new deal"
- 28 Nov 00:00 FIORENTINA, Mencucci: "Still in talks with Neto"
- 27 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba is not for sale"
- 26 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 24 Nov 20:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Against CSKA it will not be easy"
- 24 Nov 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Confidence in Ventura"
- 23 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I'm happy here"
- 22 Nov 06:00 GENOA, Kucka: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 21 Nov 16:59 INTER, Thohir: "We're building our five-year business plan"
- 21 Nov 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "I am happy here"
- 20 Nov 21:00 AC MILAN, Abbiati: "The best goal in the derby? In my opinion Shevchenkoĺs in the second leg of the Champions"
- 20 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Ljajic: "I could stay for 10 years"
- 19 Nov 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Bommel: "De Jong? He is almost like me, playing for the team not for himself"
- 19 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "I don't think I will leave in January"
- 18 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Destro going nowhere"
- 17 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We have refused United's offer for Vidal"
- 16 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I don't know if I will rejoin Real"
- 15 Nov 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Happy to welcome back Roberto Mancini"
- 14 Nov 00:00 ROMA, De Sanctis: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 13 Nov 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer: "My future? I am happy here"
- 12 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "No offers from Barša and Atletico"
- 11 Nov 00:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic's agent: "We'll make a decision with the club"
- 10 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Optimistic about Lichtsteiner's new contract"
- 08 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 07 Nov 17:14 AC MILAN, Berlusconi to the team: "Thank you for the 2-0 win the other evening"
- 07 Nov 10:30 INTER, Kovacic: "We should have done more"
- 07 Nov 06:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "He could move abroad"
- 06 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We don't want to sell Vidal"
- 05 Nov 08:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente on 3-2 over Olympiakos: "We showed a great response after their 0-2"
- 05 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "No hurry about his new contract"
- 04 Nov 11:29 AC MILAN, Saponara: "Defeat will be a valuable lesson"
- 04 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Albiol's brother: "His future is here"
- 03 Nov 00:00 INTER, Fassone: "Rolando can come back"
- 01 Nov 00:00 PARMA, Leonardi: "In January we'll be attentive on the market"
- 31 Oct 06:00 AC MILAN, Torres: "Leaving Chelsea was my choice"
- 30 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "The new contract? I'm happy here"
- 29 Oct 07:39 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Happy for Tevez's return to Argentinian NT and Pogba's Ballon d'Or nomination"
- 28 Oct 06:00 NAPOLI, Higuain's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 24 Oct 19:31 JUVENTUS, Asamoah eager for return to winning ways
- 24 Oct 00:00 PARMA, De Ceglie's agent: "Here on permanent basis? We'll see"
- 23 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He is happy in Naples"
- 22 Oct 00:00 INTER, Obi's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 21 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Nainggolan: "My future? I evaluate year by year"
- 20 Oct 13:45 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I left the pitch angrily because I knew I could have played better"
- 20 Oct 00:00 SASSUOLO, Zaza: "I know that Juve are observing me"
- 19 Oct 06:00 ROMA, Paredes: "Here for a long time"
- 18 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 17 Oct 16:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal wonĺt be in the squad because he played two 90-minute matches for Chile"
- 17 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will remain for a long time"
- 16 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "No news about his new contract"
- 15 Oct 18:05 AC MILAN, Essien: "I am often in touch with Mourinho"
- 15 Oct 14:59 INTER, Ausilio: "We've analysed the problems without shame or fear"
- 14 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Rabiot? We admire the skilled players"
- 13 Oct 18:22 AC MILAN, Saponara: "It was a bad injury and it scared me a lot"
- 13 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I don't want to leave"
- 12 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Keita: "I came here to win"
- 11 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 10 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He wants to stay for 10 more years"
- 08 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "Remaining was his decision"
- 07 Oct 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mazzarri is confirmed. We will reinforce our team"
- 06 Oct 10:32 INTER, Mazzarri: "Little to be said, we'll solve our problems"
- 06 Oct 09:25 INTER, Ausilio: "This isn't the real Inter. We'll come through this together"
- 06 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Cuadrado: "The new contract? Ask my agent"
- 05 Oct 00:00 MILAN, Abbiati: "I won't retire at the end of the season"
- 04 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "At the monent he is happy in Naples"
- 03 Oct 00:00 UDINESE, Heurtaux: "I am happy here"
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 28 Dec 09:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Torres on permanent basis
- 28 Dec 08:27 MAN. UTD, Di Maria injured again
- 28 Dec 07:57 PSG, Lucas' agent: "The club wants to extend his deal"
- 28 Dec 07:29 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "Nobody will leave in January"
- 28 Dec 06:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "Balotelli going nowhere"
- 28 Dec 06:30 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo's agent: "He will end his career here"
- 28 Dec 06:00 UDINESE, Muriel: "I am about to join Sampdoria"
- 28 Dec 00:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger determined to sign Cavani
- 27 Dec 23:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Marko Marin might already leave in January
- 27 Dec 22:00 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Offer for blazing Gunners' and Spurs' competition on Van Dijk
- 27 Dec 21:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Keen on Karelis
- 27 Dec 20:00 ITALY/ INTER, Eyes on Layun
- 27 Dec 19:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Argentinian talent Calleri on target
- 27 Dec 18:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, St. Pauli sign Empen on his first pro contract
- 27 Dec 17:00 FRANCE/ LILLE, Skuletic hard to get
- 27 Dec 16:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, From UK: maxi-offer for Nainggolan ready
- 27 Dec 15:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Strinic confirms being about to join
- 27 Dec 14:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho wants Koke relentlessly
- 27 Dec 13:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, A brand new suitor for Duvan Zapata
- 27 Dec 12:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New meeting with Montoya's agents scheduled
- 27 Dec 11:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, From Spain: done for Torres' return, debut set in Copa del Rey against Real
- 27 Dec 10:00 MEXICO/ CRUZ AZUL, Roque Santa Cruz about to be announced
- 27 Dec 09:00 ITALY/ INTER, Medicals ok for Lass Diarra: the announcement is near
- 27 Dec 08:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - All about Podolski. Inter lead, player agrees, Wenger to meet, stay behind
- 27 Dec 00:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AC Milan target Selke
- 26 Dec 23:00 ITALY/ GENOA, Gasperini says yes to Pandev joining
- 26 Dec 22:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Castillejo on target
- 26 Dec 21:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, A new loan suitor for Hegazy
- 26 Dec 20:00 RUSSIA/ KUBAN KRASNODAR. Shirokov about to join back
- 26 Dec 19:00 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Suggestion for Amelia
- 26 Dec 18:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Survey on Veretout
- 26 Dec 17:00 ITALY/ PARMA, New attempt for Alvaro Gonzalez ready
- 26 Dec 16:00 CHILE/ OFFICIAL, Colo Colo sign Figueroa
- 26 Dec 15:00 ITALY/ CESENA, Approaching Molina
- 26 Dec 14:00 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Mark Gonzalez resigns from CSKA Moscow
- 26 Dec 13:00 ARGENTINA/ RACING AVELLANEDA, Vice-chairman Jimenez: "Lisandro Lopez will join us back next summer"
- 26 Dec 12:00 ARSENAL v QPR - Boxing Day Preview - Giroud: "Happy to hear headers aren't my best quality"
- 26 Dec 11:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Le Havre agree terms with Adriano: federal commission's call now
- 26 Dec 10:00 ITALY/ INTER, Lass Diarra on target
- 26 Dec 09:00 ITALY/ GENOA, Back thinking about Emanuelson
- 26 Dec 00:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Also Verona after Brillante
- 25 Dec 23:00 ITALY/ INTER, Leiva likely to join
- 25 Dec 22:00 SPAIN/ ALMERIA, Eyes on W÷lfli
- 25 Dec 21:00 FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Four clubs after Sala
- 25 Dec 20:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Done per Karius
- 25 Dec 19:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Atalanta, steps forward towards Pinilla
- 25 Dec 18:00 ARSENAL v QPR, Boxing Day Preview - Wenger: "Balance in rotation is very hard to find"
- 25 Dec 17:00 ITALY/ INTER, Paulinho more and more likely to join from Tottenham
- 25 Dec 16:00 FRANCE/ OM, Eyes on Sanson
- 25 Dec 15:00 HOLLAND/ AZ, Also Fiorentina after Hoedt
While rumours had him stipulating a pre-agreement for leaving Paris Saint-Germain next summer, after just 2 years spent there, and join Manchester United, Uruguayan international striker Edinson Cavani (27) is still a main target for Arsenal, whose manager Arséne Wenger, a
Interviewed by El Heraldo, Udinese forward Luis Muriel has declared: "I had many offers, but I am very close to Sampdoria, and I think that will
Interviewed by Globo Esporte, Jorge Mendes, agent of Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo, has declared: "I think he will end his career at Real
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has declared about the possibility to sell 24-year-old forward Mario Balotelli: "It's not something I have even thou
Interviewed by ESPN, Wagner Ribeiro, agent of PSG attacking midfielder Luca Moura, has declared: "PSG want to renew Lucas' contract, and have
Wolfsburg Sporting Director Klaus Allofs has declared about the possibility for 28-year-old midfielder Aaron Hunt: "Nobody will leave Wolfsburg i