INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 10.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 27 Nov 13:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We can win Serie A"
- 24 Nov 11:59 JUVENTUS, Chiellini: "City will be aggressive. Dybala is developing into a very fine player, technique-wise"
- 20 Nov 00:00 AC MILAN, Donnarumma: "Being compared to Buffon is an honour, he's the all-time best"
- 19 Nov 16:30 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "I'm not surprised Premier League are tracking him"
- 18 Nov 17:30 JUVENTUS, Morata: "At Paris it was a terrible tragedy"
- 16 Nov 10:36 ITALY/ JUVE, Pogba will leave and join Barcelona, according to FIFA agent Bronzetti
- 15 Nov 17:00 AS ROMA, Garcia on Paris attacks: "Let's all stay close against such tragedies"
- 09 Nov 18:00 ITALY, Conte: "Pirlo may not make Italy Euro 2016 squad"
- 09 Nov 17:49 ITALY/ AC MILAN, For the midfield observing Maher
- 09 Nov 15:40 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We are proud of what we are achieving"
- 06 Nov 00:05 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "I will do the best that I can to support Mancini and Inter. Scudetto? We will see"
- 05 Nov 22:04 INTER, Deschamps: "Difficult situation for Kondogbia at Inter"
- 05 Nov 08:29 AS ROMA, Nainggolan: "Good victory over Leverkusen, but we need to improve defence-wise"
- 04 Nov 05:57 EXCLUSIVE - Cristiano Zanetti: "Inter is favourite for Scudetto, injuries will make the difference. Mancini understands all game situations"
- 03 Nov 14:13 ITALY, Summit Thohir-Berlusconi, the topics
- 03 Nov 07:59 INTER, Mancini: "Scudetto? We'll think about that later"
- 02 Nov 20:39 AC MILAN, Bertolacci: tear of the rectus femoris muscle in his left thigh
- 02 Nov 18:27 AC MILAN, Antonelli: "We knew Lazio's wide-men are the league's best. A very good moment for us"
- 01 Nov 22:00 TORINO, Bad news from the infirmary: Maksimovic's return delayed
- 29 Oct 09:57 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Sassuolo disaster: "No excuse for our approach, I'm really disappointed. All of us are to blame"
- 28 Oct 07:30 INTER, Handanovic: "My save on Destro? That's simply my job. But we need to work on our mentality and approach"
- 27 Oct 06:00 INTER, Mancini: "Besides Fiorentina unfortunate game, we showed to be defensively solid"
- 26 Oct 21:35 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini: "Icardi will rediscover goalscoring form"
- 26 Oct 14:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "We played almost perfectly against Chievo"
- 26 Oct 09:47 JUVENTUS, Pereyra could stop for 20 days
- 24 Oct 04:08 ITALY/ JUVE, Marotta: "Draxler chose money over Juventus"
- 22 Oct 20:30 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: " At Inter I played one and half season, but I couldn't keep the continuity "
- 22 Oct 13:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Walcott: "The secret to beating Bayern"
- 21 Oct 08:59 AS ROMA, Pjanic on 4-4 draw at Leverkusen: "A real shame, we shouldn't have conceded them that much"
- 20 Oct 10:27 AS ROMA, Florenzi: "Happy to have drawn more attention on me after the goal against Barça"
- 20 Oct 05:23 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "We have built a good squad and our objective for this year is to get back into the Champions"
- 19 Oct 13:15 ITALY, Ancelotti: "I would never coach Inter"
- 19 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Marchisio: "Important point against Inter. We are not giving up on Scudetto"
- 16 Oct 20:33 INTER, Mancini: "Some things have changed from my first time here"
- 16 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Khedira: "Now Italian league is thrilling for us. In a way, that's a good thing"
- 15 Oct 06:00 LAZIO, Club M.D. on De Vrij: "We hope we can avoid knee surgery"
- 14 Oct 19:02 AC MILAN, Calabria: "Proud to represent Italy Under-21s"
- 14 Oct 09:53 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Signed the young Di Massimo
- 14 Oct 06:00 INTER, Alex Telles looks forward to Juventus clash: "We are prepared, and we can win. Things might change a lot after next weekend"
- 12 Oct 07:57 JUVENTUS, Medical report on Morata: no fractures
- 10 Oct 00:00 INTER, Montoya's agent: "He will stay"
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Nedved: "I don't see Morata in another club"
- 07 Oct 11:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Also Valencia are battling to sign Victor Valdes
- 07 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He has never asked to leave"
- 06 Oct 00:00 INTER, Dimarco's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 05 Oct 00:00 AC MILAN, Mihajlovic: "I won't resign"
- 04 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "I will stay for some more seasons, then.."
- 03 Oct 06:00 INTER, Vidic's agent: "Nothing true about DC United's interest"
- 02 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "Too early to talk about my new contract"
- 01 Oct 13:27 JUVENTUS, Morata after triumph over FC Seville: "Delighted for victory more than for my goal. I really enjoy working with Dybala"
- 01 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Vecino: "I am very happy in Florence"
- 30 Sep 06:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "I would have liked to play in England"
- 29 Sep 19:58 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner will miss the Group D meeting with Sevilla
- 29 Sep 19:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - AS ROMA: "Vital game against BATE. No problem playing in Keita's usual position, if I'm needed there"
- 29 Sep 16:46 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Disciplinary action against Caceres: suspension from the first team
- 29 Sep 13:30 CHAMPIONS, Bate-Roma: Possible lineups Roma boss Garcia set for 100th game in charge
- 29 Sep 06:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 28 Sep 13:59 Roll with the exes - FROSINONE v EMPOLI: the only one is a very recent one
- 28 Sep 10:37 Roll with the exes - ATALANTA v SAMPDORIA: One for each team, both Paraguayan
- 28 Sep 00:00 BOLOGNA, Corvino: "Rossi will stay"
- 26 Sep 23:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, TORINO v PALERMO: several ones, Belotti is the most recent
- 26 Sep 21:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, SASSUOLO v CHIEVO VERONA: one captain and icon among
- 26 Sep 15:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, NAPOLI v JUVENTUS: the only real one is a manager
- 26 Sep 11:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, AS ROMA v CARPI: a veteran Giallorossi striker in between
- 24 Sep 13:00 Roll with the exes - EMPOLI v ATALANTA: One for each squad
- 23 Sep 23:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Matchday 5 failure: "We weren't careful enough on Frosinone corner kick"
- 23 Sep 16:00 Roll with the exes - LAZIO v GENOA: two important offensive players in the spotlight
- 23 Sep 13:17 Roll with the exes - SAMPDORIA v AS ROMA: once Giallorossi star
- 23 Sep 12:00 Roll with the exes - INTER v HELLAS VERONA: a former big scorer among
- 23 Sep 10:59 Roll with the exes - JUVENTUS v FROSINONE: all on greenhorns side
- 22 Sep 01:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's coach: "Agreement for his new deal"
- 19 Sep 12:00 AC MILAN v PALERMO, Matchday 4 Special Preview - Nocerino is not the only ex
- 19 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I want to win with this club"
- 18 Sep 13:45 GENOA v JUVENTUS, Special Preview - Sturaro is the recent moving jewel
- 18 Sep 00:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - AS ROMA (Group E), scorer of the highlight goal Florenzi: "It will be one of my best football memories"
- 17 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "Relaxed about my new contract"
- 16 Sep 14:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - JUVENTUS (Group D), Morata: "When we play as we know to, we're among the best teams in Europe"
- 16 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Strinic's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 15 Sep 16:39 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - MANCHESTER CITY v JUVENTUS (Group D): Fernando from the kick-off
- 15 Sep 08:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He has 99,9% chances to renew"
- 14 Sep 07:00 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "This is the Balotelli we always want to see"
- 11 Sep 08:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 10 Sep 08:00 PALERMO, Gilardino: "I thought I was going to stay at Fiorentina"
- 10 Sep 01:17 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: "We need to start winning immediately. I'll be the offensive midfielder Allegri wants"
- 09 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Morganella: "Happy to have renewed"
- 08 Sep 11:12 INTER, Perisic: "Ditching Wolfsburg for Inter was easy"
- 07 Sep 16:30 AC MILAN, Once more Bad Boy Balotelli: driving license suspended
- 07 Sep 15:15 AS ROMA, Medical tests for Pjanic
- 07 Sep 11:39 LAZIO, De Vrij injured playing for Dutch NT
- 05 Sep 00:00 TORINO, Glik: "I never asked to leave"
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "We've been in talks for Hamsik"
- 02 Sep 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We were hoping to obtain Witsel on loan"
- 31 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I expect something from the transfer market"
- 30 Aug 10:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra won't join"
- 28 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Nothing true about Ibrahimovic"
- 27 Aug 08:00 INTER, Brozovic: "OL? I am happy here"
- 21 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Amauri's agent: "I don't think he will leave"
- 28 Nov 00:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, From UK: pantagruelic fee offer to Leo Messi
- 27 Nov 23:28 UKRAINE/ DNIPRO, Douglas' agent: "All 3 Turkish giants on him. There's already one offer"
- 27 Nov 22:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Mihajlovic admits José Mauri will leave in January
- 27 Nov 22:30 GERMANY/ AUGSBURG, Eyes on Engvall
- 27 Nov 22:00 MANCHESTER CITY, Caballero: "Hart is injured, and that's no good for us. But I have to step in"
- 27 Nov 21:27 ENGLAND/ WBA, Survey on Doucouré
- 27 Nov 20:57 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Still working on winter-signing Iturbe from AS Roma
- 27 Nov 20:29 REAL MADRID, Medical reported on Varane: 3 weeks stop
- 27 Nov 19:59 ITALY/ TORINO, Glik negotiating renewal
- 27 Nov 19:30 ISRAELI/ MACCABI TEL AVIV, 3 Bundesliga clubs surveying Zahavi
- 27 Nov 19:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Manchester City plan cash offer for Pastore
- 27 Nov 18:00 ENGLAND/ QPR, In talks with Hasselbaink as possible new manager
- 27 Nov 17:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Reopening on Cataldi's loan to Empoli
- 27 Nov 16:00 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sinama Pongolle joins Dundee United
- 27 Nov 15:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Thiago Carleto resigns from Botafogo
- 27 Nov 14:01 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mou wants Vardy and Dembele
- 27 Nov 13:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We can win Serie A"
- 27 Nov 13:02 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman insists will reject any offers for forward Sadio Mane
- 27 Nov 12:38 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Deulofeu insists he wants to stay
- 27 Nov 12:19 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Pulis would like to stay for the long term
- 27 Nov 12:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Sanchez and Vardy are like lions"
- 27 Nov 11:40 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, New Neymar deal close
- 27 Nov 11:22 ITALY/ UDINESE, Di Natale asking to quit before
- 27 Nov 10:58 ITALY/ INTER, Pirlo is still a market target
- 27 Nov 10:44 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Balotelli against Reds return
- 27 Nov 10:31 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger is targeting Lars Bender
- 27 Nov 10:15 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Messi in big-money City move
- 27 Nov 09:57 ITALY/ INTER, Sevilla and Sporting Lisbona interested in Ranocchia
- 27 Nov 00:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Possible winter attempt for Ranocchia due to Andreolli's injury
- 26 Nov 23:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Eyes on Caldara
- 26 Nov 22:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Bilic wants Gökhan Töre again with him
- 26 Nov 21:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Working on getting Benatia back
- 26 Nov 20:00 UAE/ AL-WAHDA, Back for Amauri
- 26 Nov 19:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool loan Marsh to Wednesday
- 26 Nov 19:00 BRAZIL/ GREMIO, Suggestion for Marcelo Toscano
- 26 Nov 18:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Alégué
- 26 Nov 17:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland loan Bridcutt to Leeds
- 26 Nov 17:29 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Winter suggestion for Van Persie
- 26 Nov 16:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Kingsley joins Swansea City back
- 26 Nov 16:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bruno Peres renews for Torino
- 26 Nov 16:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA JUNIORS, Done for Osvaldo's return
- 26 Nov 15:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Culpi resigns from Atletico Mineiro
- 26 Nov 14:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: bargain hunter
- 26 Nov 13:27 LEICESTER CITY & WBA, Eyes on Darikwa
- 26 Nov 12:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER 96, Lead over Werder on Lezcano
- 26 Nov 12:29 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Abramovich wants Ribéry
- 26 Nov 11:59 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Willing to bring Juan back
- 26 Nov 11:30 SWITZERLAND/ YOUNG BOYS, Planning to get Michael Frey back
- 26 Nov 11:00 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Deulofeu: "Back to Barça? No way, I love Toffees". Sums and situation
- 26 Nov 10:27 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Leroy Fer might join back in January
According to what reported by The Sun, Manchester City have submitted Barcelona FC and Argentinian NT star forward Lionel Messi (28), four times Ballon d'Or winner (all the editions from 2009 to 2012) and recordman of any kinds, both on an individual and a team level, an
Napoli captain Marek Hamsik admitted the team's exploits this season have taken him by surprise, but he feels his side can mount a
As reported on Real Madrid official site, French star centre-back Raphaël Varane fell victim of an injury, which, according to news on Spanish me
Summoned to replace Joe Hart during latest Champions League game against Juventus, due to the latter's injury, Willy Caballero, appointed as Manch
Interviewed by Maxifoot.fr, Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta stated: "My renewal with PSG? I've always been honest with the c
Scorer of the temporary equalizing goal in last Bundesliga match againt Bayern Munich, which in the end won 3-1 at Veltins-Arena, Schalke 04 risi