INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 08.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 08 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Taarabt: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 07 Mar 15:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "Kakà, Pazzini or Balotelli will score sooner or later"
- 07 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I don't want to sell the club"
- 06 Mar 14:27 AC MILAN, Zapata: "Tough match in Udine"
- 06 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "No hurry about Conte's contract"
- 05 Mar 17:00 AC MILAN, Poli: "It was a hard knock but luckily I didn’t lose consciousness"
- 05 Mar 13:31 INTER, Thohir: "Vidic a world-class player"
- 05 Mar 06:00 CAGLIARI, Ibarbo: "I am not thinking about the future"
- 04 Mar 15:32 INTER, Zanetti: "I’m very open and always willing to do my best for this club"
- 04 Mar 10:43 INTER, Juan Jesus suspension: Inter to appeal
- 04 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Real: "I want to stay"
- 03 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Vidal will stay"
- 02 Mar 06:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No meeting with Eto'o"
- 01 Mar 06:00 ROMA, De Rossi: "I would like to play abroad but I love this club"
- 28 Feb 15:55 INTER, Mazzarri: "Zanetti is an important figure even when he doesn't play"
- 28 Feb 09:22 JUVENTUS, Conte: "We've been handed Fiorentina next and we're very relaxed"
- 28 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to remain as long as possible"
- 27 Feb 17:44 INTER, Rolando: "I chose to come here, even though there were other options"
- 27 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Asamoah's agent: "Soon the new contract"
- 26 Feb 16:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Benitez: "I know Swansea well..."
- 26 Feb 15:45 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I think we can do well against Atletico"
- 26 Feb 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mourinho back? We have Mazzarri..."
- 25 Feb 16:45 INTER, Guarin: "I’m happy and wouldn’t hesitate to sign with Inter for life"
- 25 Feb 00:00 GENOA, Perin: "Napoli? I am happy here"
- 24 Feb 09:41 JUVENTUS, Caceres: "Hats off to the team"
- 24 Feb 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "I will talk with the club about my new contract"
- 23 Feb 09:30 INTER, Ausilio: "Zanetti will stay"
- 22 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honoured of Real's interest, but.."
- 21 Feb 17:00 AC MILAN, Petagna: "We did well against Atletico"
- 21 Feb 10:15 Juventus, Osvaldo: "he squad is eager to continue this European"
- 21 Feb 06:00 VERONA, Romulo: "My future? In June.."
- 20 Feb 19:45 AC MILAN, Balotelli out 10 days
- 20 Feb 16:44 AC MILAN, Emanuelson: "Atletico?We created a lot, we just needed to score”
- 20 Feb 00:00 TORINO, Immobile's agent: "Honoured of Borussia interest"
- 19 Feb 15:15 JUVENTUS, Conte: "All set for Trabzonspor"
- 19 Feb 00:10 INTER, Mazzarri: "I don’t see Thohir being far away as a major problem"
- 18 Feb 12:15 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "Atletico are good, but they don't lack weaknesses"
- 18 Feb 11:09 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "Arda Turan is the player who impressed me most of all"
- 18 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Next Summer we'll build a winning team"
- 17 Feb 21:15 TURKEY/ TRABZONSPOR, Also Villas-Boas for the bench
- 17 Feb 20:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "It's not only about winning, but about how we win"
- 17 Feb 14:15 AC MILAN, Balotelli: "Proud for Simeone appreciating me, but I'm rossonero"
- 17 Feb 10:34 INTER, Thohir: "We continue to move forward as a team"
- 17 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Ranocchia could stay"
- 16 Feb 00:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "The market? We'll talk about it in June"
- 15 Feb 06:00 ESPANYOL, Casilla: "I am not leaving"
- 15 Feb 00:00 LAZIO, Klose's agent: "No agreement for the new contract yet"
- 14 Feb 16:14 JUVENTUS, new problems for Pepe
- 14 Feb 15:43 AS ROMA, Totti underwent medical tests
- 14 Feb 14:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "De Laurentiis. "It's Valentine's Day, perhaps he loves me too much"
- 09 Mar 00:00 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Back for Höwedes
- 08 Mar 23:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Survey on Caballero
- 08 Mar 22:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, No attempt for Ogbonna
- 08 Mar 21:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Trying to close in on Dória
- 08 Mar 20:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Garay on target
- 08 Mar 19:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Eyes on Antunes
- 08 Mar 18:00 ARSENAL, Koscielny on Mertesacker: "Per gives everything for the club"
- 08 Mar 17:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Suggestion for Eliseu
- 08 Mar 16:00 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Several foreign clubs keen on him"
- 08 Mar 15:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Wilshere: "He could still play World Cup"
- 08 Mar 14:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Micah Richards is the new name on tabs
- 08 Mar 13:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Eyes on Piazón
- 08 Mar 12:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Gibbs: "We'll need to take them seriously"
- 08 Mar 11:00 ITALY/ INTER, One more Premier League suitor on Taider
- 08 Mar 10:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger: "Doubt on Koscielny"
- 08 Mar 09:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Two Premier League suitors for Lennon
- 08 Mar 08:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Two suitors for Mexes
- 08 Mar 07:40 ITALY/ LAZIO, Klose the next president?
- 08 Mar 07:17 OM, Anigo: "We are not thinking about Laudrup"
- 08 Mar 06:57 SCHALKE, Heldy: "Firmino? Excellent player"
- 08 Mar 06:39 WEST BROMWICH, Mel: "Nothing sure about my future"
- 08 Mar 06:19 REAL SOCIEDAD, Vela: "Arsenal? I am happy here"
- 08 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Taarabt: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 08 Mar 00:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Survey on Trippier
- 07 Mar 23:45 AUSTRIA/ OFFICIAL, Gustafsson leaves Salzburg
- 07 Mar 23:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Eyes on an Hungarian starlet
- 07 Mar 23:15 USA/ OFFICIAL, Pineda joins Seattle
- 07 Mar 23:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA M., Brouwers will leave
- 07 Mar 22:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Asamoah renews
- 07 Mar 22:30 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Keen on Mallo
- 07 Mar 22:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Auction for Montolivo
- 07 Mar 22:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Dante about to renew
- 07 Mar 21:45 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL, Also Atletico after Schar
- 07 Mar 21:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Two Serie A players
- 07 Mar 21:15 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Sprint for Lescott
- 07 Mar 21:00 FRANCE/ MONACO, Interest for Rafa
- 07 Mar 20:45 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eyes on Luque
- 07 Mar 20:30 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Jimenez is Instituto new coach
- 07 Mar 20:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Aly Cissokho will not stay
- 07 Mar 20:05 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, United's scout observing Bernat
- 07 Mar 19:46 FRANCE/ LORIENT, Working for Gourcuff renewal
- 07 Mar 19:30 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Thinking about Diego Lopez
- 07 Mar 19:16 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eyes on Luque
- 07 Mar 19:01 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Eriksen stay does not depend on Champions
- 07 Mar 18:45 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Thinking about Menez
- 07 Mar 18:30 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Contacts with Silva of Estoril
- 07 Mar 18:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, 6 names for the back line of the future
- 07 Mar 18:01 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Barcelona thinking about Hummels
- 07 Mar 17:44 FRANCE/ MARSEILLE, Lopez oberved by two English clubs
- 07 Mar 17:31 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Richards and Lescott ready to leave
AC Milan management are working harder and harder on signing Brazilian international centre-back Matheus Dória Macedo (19). Currently on a deal with Botafogo until April 2015, the player, not equipped with a second EU passport, has been surveyed by several important...
Interviewed by lematin.ma, QPR attacking midfielder Adel Taarabt, actually on loan at AC Milan has declared: "I feel very well at Milan,...
Real Sociedad forward Carlos Vela has declared: "Arsenal is a great club that has given me the opportunity to play in Europe. I will always...
Interviewed by Arsenal Player, Laurent Koscielny talked about same role teammate Per Mertesacker: "I'm happy for Per. It's his...
Interviewed by the Deutsche Presseagentur, Schalke 04 Sports Director Horst Heldt has declared about Hoffenheim 22 year old attacking midfielder...
Interviewed by Canal +, OM Sports Director and caretaker manager Jose Anigo has declared about the possibility to sign the former Swansea coach...