INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 10.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 26 Apr 11:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Garcia stays"
- 25 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I will stay"
- 24 Apr 15:45 EUROPA LEAGUE, The Road to Warszaw: Napoli-Dnipro and FC Seville-Fiorentina
- 24 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "My future? I am focused on my club"
- 23 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I don't know what will happen in the future"
- 22 Apr 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "My future? I would like to play in England"
- 21 Apr 00:00 INTER, Hernanes: "I will stay"
- 20 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We'll try to sign Dybala"
- 19 Apr 11:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "I will do all I can to stay"
- 18 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Ederson's agent: "Saint-Etienne are after him"
- 17 Apr 18:43 INTER, Shaqiri: "We want to win the derby in a Nerazzurri Meazza"
- 17 Apr 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Soriano: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 16 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We want to keep Icardi and Handanovic"
- 14 Apr 18:14 JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "You need a lot of different ingredients to go all the way in the Champions"
- 11 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Mexes: "I hope to remain"
- 10 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "OM? I am happy here"
- 09 Apr 11:11 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis threatens to cancel squad's holidays
- 08 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "I could end my career here"
- 07 Apr 18:59 AC MILAN, Cerci confident theycan qualify for Europa League
- 07 Apr 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Fiorentina agreable destination"
- 06 Apr 00:00 AS ROMA, Pjanic: "It would be nice if Dzeko would join us"
- 05 Apr 10:00 FIORENTINA, Diamanti: "I want to stay"
- 04 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Keita's agent: "No offer from City"
- 03 Apr 01:00 JUVENTUS, Marrone: "I fight because I want to stay"
- 02 Apr 13:14 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I have forgiven Juventus fans for backlash"
- 31 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "It's not time for me to leave"
- 30 Mar 00:00 LAZIO, De Vrij: "United? I'm happy here"
- 29 Mar 12:30 INTER, Kovacic's agent: "Nothing true about Liverpool"
- 28 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN. De Jong: "Back to Ajax? Too early"
- 27 Mar 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Soriano: "Honored by Borussia interest"
- 26 Mar 14:00 ITALY, Moggi: "I will return to football"
- 26 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gonzalo Rodriguez: "I am happy here"
- 25 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Joaquin: "I have no reasons to leave"
- 24 Mar 19:30 INTER, Shaqiri: "Here with big long-term plans. Then I'll close my career at Basel"
- 24 Mar 00:00 INTER, Kovacic's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 23 Mar 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "My future? I haven't decided yet"
- 22 Mar 10:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "We don't know anything about Pogba's future"
- 21 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "My future? The team is with me"
- 20 Mar 16:59 FIORENTINA, Mencucci: "We wanted to avoid Napoli"
- 20 Mar 16:30 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini about Balotelli: "He must focus on football"
- 20 Mar 09:42 FIORENTINA, Borja: "Patient game serves us well"
- 19 Mar 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio: "Signing a new deal is not my priority"
- 18 Mar 18:44 INTER, Mancini: "Pellegrini lucky to inherit my Man City team"
- 18 Mar 17:02 INTER, Thohir message to the team
- 18 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "We are in talks for the new contract"
- 17 Mar 19:44 INTER, Ranocchia about Wolfsburg: "It’s a win-or-bust match"
- 17 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "Montella will stay"
- 16 Mar 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Munoz: "I'm not thinking about Milan"
- 15 Mar 10:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Interest for Dybala"
- 14 Mar 06:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "Soon he will renew"
- 13 Mar 00:00 INTER, Zanetti: "Icardi is about to renew"
- 12 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "I won't leave"
- 11 Mar 14:22 PARMA, American fund from Boston interested in purchasing crisis-bond club
- 11 Mar 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "No contacts with Roma"
- 10 Mar 14:30 SAMPDORIA, Eder might be called up for Italian NT
- 10 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I'm not thinking about my future"
- 09 Mar 00:00 INTER, Fassone: "We want to keep Icardi"
- 08 Mar 09:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "My future? I haven't seen anybody"
- 07 Mar 00:00 GENOA, Iago Falque: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 06 Mar 18:15 JUVENTUS, Padoin: "Eager to turn the tables in Florence"
- 06 Mar 11:00 AC MILAN, 6 names for Inzaghi's succession
- 06 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "He could stay, but.."
- 05 Mar 18:44 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Albertazzi: "I'm doing well, I've started running again"
- 05 Mar 00:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "My future? I am happy here"
- 04 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Neto's agent: "Juve? We'll see.."
- 03 Mar 00:00 PSG, Menez: "No regrets about PSG"
- 02 Mar 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Icardi will be part of our future"
- 01 Mar 06:00 FIORENTINA, Neto: "I am happy in Florence, but.."
- 28 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We were about to sign Falcao"
- 27 Feb 20:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "I’ve always said that consistency is important"
- 27 Feb 14:22 EUROPA LEAGUE, Eighth finals draws: two national derbys
- 27 Feb 13:26 AS ROMA v FIORENTINA, Europa League Italian derby
- 27 Feb 11:45 INTER, Ranocchia after EL victory over Celtic: "We took some risks, but great performance"
- 27 Feb 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori: "Milan? I am ready"
- 25 Feb 10:14 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "It will be a tough return leg against Borussia"
- 25 Feb 09:58 JUVENTUS, Chiellini about Champions: “Still work to be done”
- 25 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Many clubs after Zapata"
- 24 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We want Icardi and Handanovic to renew"
- 23 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "Roma? I am focused on my team"
- 22 Feb 06:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 20 Feb 13:31 INTER, Guarin: "Gutsy display, shame about their third"
- 20 Feb 13:22 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "We should have won it"
- 20 Feb 02:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "Do everything to restore winning ways"
- 19 Feb 19:15 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The Scudetto is not a given"
- 19 Feb 18:04 ITALY, Feyenoord fans clash with police ahead of Roma clash
- 19 Feb 03:00 AC MILAN, Essien: "We must give a smile to our fans"
- 18 Feb 14:44 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Borja Valero: "I'll end my career here"
- 18 Feb 00:00 INTER, Icardi turns out transfer rumors
- 17 Feb 11:01 TMW - Sacchi: "There are too many 'blacks' in Italian youth teams"
- 17 Feb 00:00 INTER, Podolski: "My future? Next month we'll see"
- 16 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar: "We are working on my new contract"
- 14 Feb 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Yaya Touré? If he wants to come to Italy.."
- 13 Feb 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "The new contract? I am confident in my agent"
- 12 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Piatti: "I would be happy to renew"
- 12 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 11 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "No meeting scheduled for the renewal"
- 10 Feb 00:00 PALERMO, Micciché: "Dybala? Many clubs after him"
- 09 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Allan? Interesting player"
- 08 Feb 09:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No hurry about his departure"
- 07 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Yaya Touré? Difficult"
- 26 Apr 14:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Leed on Kasami
- 26 Apr 13:27 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Ze Roberto retires
- 26 Apr 12:57 OM, Ayew: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 26 Apr 12:29 WOLFSBURG, Perisic: "I want to stay"
- 26 Apr 11:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "I am not leaving"
- 26 Apr 11:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We want to get good players here"
- 26 Apr 11:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Garcia stays"
- 26 Apr 05:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Working on Abdennour
- 26 Apr 04:00 ENGLAND/ SWANSEA CITY, Survey on Rafael
- 26 Apr 03:00 ITALY/ INTER, Filipe Luis on target
- 26 Apr 02:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, 2 more Italian suitors for Jesé Rodriguez
- 26 Apr 01:00 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, 4 years deal offered to André Ayew
- 26 Apr 00:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Approaching Kondogbia
- 25 Apr 23:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Jorginho offered to Palermo
- 25 Apr 22:00 SCOTLAND/ CELTIC, Suggestion for Van Der Vaart
- 25 Apr 21:00 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Majestic offer for Van Der Wiel ready
- 25 Apr 20:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Keen on Rod Fanni
- 25 Apr 19:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Manchester United insisting on De Vrij
- 25 Apr 18:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Back for Imbula: challenge thrown to Chelsea
- 25 Apr 17:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Jordi Alba on target
- 25 Apr 16:00 ASTON VILLA & EVERTON, Eyes on Micah Richards
- 25 Apr 15:00 BELGIUM/ GENT, 3 suitors for Moses Simon
- 25 Apr 14:00 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Gustavo Henrique's agent: "AC Milan on his tracks for a long time"
- 25 Apr 13:00 ITALY/ UDINESE, Di Natale's agent: "He's unlikely to stay. He'll make his choice in June"
- 25 Apr 12:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Agreement with Dortmund on Gundogan: the sums
- 25 Apr 11:00 MLS - CANADA/ TORONTO FC, Survey on Santacroce
- 25 Apr 10:00 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Eyes on Kosanovic
- 25 Apr 09:00 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, First attempt for Praet failed
- 25 Apr 08:30 ITALY/ INTER, Sprint for Jovetic
- 25 Apr 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Pareja injured
- 25 Apr 07:27 MONACO, Kondogbia: "My future? I am happy here"
- 25 Apr 06:59 BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Donati's agent: "I don't think he'll stay"
- 25 Apr 06:29 WEST HAM, Song: "I want to remain in England"
- 25 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I will stay"
- 24 Apr 23:37 FRANCE/ PSG, Possible swap with Atletico
- 24 Apr 23:17 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Keen on Pedro
- 24 Apr 22:59 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Three midfielders on the wishlist
- 24 Apr 22:39 GREECE/ OLYMPIAKOS, Interest for Koné
- 24 Apr 22:20 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Also Moutinho on the wishlist
- 24 Apr 22:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Lemoine renews with Saint-Etienne
- 24 Apr 21:37 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Dzeko towards Borussia
- 24 Apr 21:17 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Back for Uvini
- 24 Apr 20:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Idea Bartra
- 24 Apr 20:39 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Cerci will come back
- 24 Apr 20:20 ITALY/ GENOA, Eyes on Obi
- 24 Apr 20:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Idea Hernandez
- 24 Apr 19:44 FRANCE/ PSG, Blanc: " I would put much more emphasis Barcelona's performance"
- 24 Apr 19:15 ITALY/ GENOA, 2 German suitors for Kucka
- 24 Apr 19:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Willing to keep Chicharito Hernandez: 10 million euros needed
- 24 Apr 18:48 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, £100m Chelsea bid for Varane snubbed
While several clubs are tracking Tunisian international centre-back Aymen Abdennour (25), Arsenal management are trying to hasten and blaze competitors and sign him soon. Currently on a deal with AS Monaco until June 2019, former Toulouse and Werder Bremen player, not e
Interviewed by Rai Sport, AS Roma Director of Football Walter Sabatini has declared: "André Ayew? We are iobserving many players, there is
Real Sociedad coach David Moyes has declared: "We want to get good players here. Illarramendi is a very good player and the president, myself and
Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has declared: "What will I do this summer if Real Madrid come calling? No, no, never, you can trust me, Ba
Through his Twitter profile, OM 25-year-old winger André Ayew stated: "After all I have read and heard, I want to inform that I haven'
Wolfsburg 26-year-old striker Ivan Perisic has told WAZ: "I have two more years on my contract and my goal is to stay here for another two years.