INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 10.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 31 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "It's not time for me to leave"
- 30 Mar 00:00 LAZIO, De Vrij: "United? I'm happy here"
- 29 Mar 12:30 INTER, Kovacic's agent: "Nothing true about Liverpool"
- 28 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN. De Jong: "Back to Ajax? Too early"
- 27 Mar 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Soriano: "Honored by Borussia interest"
- 26 Mar 14:00 ITALY, Moggi: "I will return to football"
- 26 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gonzalo Rodriguez: "I am happy here"
- 25 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Joaquin: "I have no reasons to leave"
- 24 Mar 19:30 INTER, Shaqiri: "Here with big long-term plans. Then I'll close my career at Basel"
- 24 Mar 00:00 INTER, Kovacic's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 23 Mar 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "My future? I haven't decided yet"
- 22 Mar 10:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "We don't know anything about Pogba's future"
- 21 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "My future? The team is with me"
- 20 Mar 16:59 FIORENTINA, Mencucci: "We wanted to avoid Napoli"
- 20 Mar 16:30 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini about Balotelli: "He must focus on football"
- 20 Mar 09:42 FIORENTINA, Borja: "Patient game serves us well"
- 19 Mar 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio: "Signing a new deal is not my priority"
- 18 Mar 18:44 INTER, Mancini: "Pellegrini lucky to inherit my Man City team"
- 18 Mar 17:02 INTER, Thohir message to the team
- 18 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "We are in talks for the new contract"
- 17 Mar 19:44 INTER, Ranocchia about Wolfsburg: "It’s a win-or-bust match"
- 17 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "Montella will stay"
- 16 Mar 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Munoz: "I'm not thinking about Milan"
- 15 Mar 10:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Interest for Dybala"
- 14 Mar 06:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "Soon he will renew"
- 13 Mar 00:00 INTER, Zanetti: "Icardi is about to renew"
- 12 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "I won't leave"
- 11 Mar 14:22 PARMA, American fund from Boston interested in purchasing crisis-bond club
- 11 Mar 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "No contacts with Roma"
- 10 Mar 14:30 SAMPDORIA, Eder might be called up for Italian NT
- 10 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I'm not thinking about my future"
- 09 Mar 00:00 INTER, Fassone: "We want to keep Icardi"
- 08 Mar 09:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "My future? I haven't seen anybody"
- 07 Mar 00:00 GENOA, Iago Falque: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 06 Mar 18:15 JUVENTUS, Padoin: "Eager to turn the tables in Florence"
- 06 Mar 11:00 AC MILAN, 6 names for Inzaghi's succession
- 06 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "He could stay, but.."
- 05 Mar 18:44 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Albertazzi: "I'm doing well, I've started running again"
- 05 Mar 00:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "My future? I am happy here"
- 04 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Neto's agent: "Juve? We'll see.."
- 03 Mar 00:00 PSG, Menez: "No regrets about PSG"
- 02 Mar 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Icardi will be part of our future"
- 01 Mar 06:00 FIORENTINA, Neto: "I am happy in Florence, but.."
- 28 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We were about to sign Falcao"
- 27 Feb 20:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "I’ve always said that consistency is important"
- 27 Feb 14:22 EUROPA LEAGUE, Eighth finals draws: two national derbys
- 27 Feb 13:26 AS ROMA v FIORENTINA, Europa League Italian derby
- 27 Feb 11:45 INTER, Ranocchia after EL victory over Celtic: "We took some risks, but great performance"
- 27 Feb 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori: "Milan? I am ready"
- 25 Feb 10:14 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "It will be a tough return leg against Borussia"
- 25 Feb 09:58 JUVENTUS, Chiellini about Champions: “Still work to be done”
- 25 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Many clubs after Zapata"
- 24 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We want Icardi and Handanovic to renew"
- 23 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "Roma? I am focused on my team"
- 22 Feb 06:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 20 Feb 13:31 INTER, Guarin: "Gutsy display, shame about their third"
- 20 Feb 13:22 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "We should have won it"
- 20 Feb 02:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "Do everything to restore winning ways"
- 19 Feb 19:15 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The Scudetto is not a given"
- 19 Feb 18:04 ITALY, Feyenoord fans clash with police ahead of Roma clash
- 19 Feb 03:00 AC MILAN, Essien: "We must give a smile to our fans"
- 18 Feb 14:44 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Borja Valero: "I'll end my career here"
- 18 Feb 00:00 INTER, Icardi turns out transfer rumors
- 17 Feb 11:01 TMW - Sacchi: "There are too many 'blacks' in Italian youth teams"
- 17 Feb 00:00 INTER, Podolski: "My future? Next month we'll see"
- 16 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar: "We are working on my new contract"
- 14 Feb 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Yaya Touré? If he wants to come to Italy.."
- 13 Feb 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "The new contract? I am confident in my agent"
- 12 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Piatti: "I would be happy to renew"
- 12 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 11 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "No meeting scheduled for the renewal"
- 10 Feb 00:00 PALERMO, Micciché: "Dybala? Many clubs after him"
- 09 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Allan? Interesting player"
- 08 Feb 09:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No hurry about his departure"
- 07 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Yaya Touré? Difficult"
- 06 Feb 00:00 INTER. Osvaldo: "Boca is my dream"
- 05 Feb 00:00 SASSUOLO, Sansone: "I dream of moving back to Bayern"
- 04 Feb 17:14 AS ROMA, Europa League: the Giallorossi’s list of players
- 04 Feb 11:59 AC MILAN, here the new stadium
- 04 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Savic: "Juve? I am happy in Florence"
- 03 Feb 11:54 SAMPDORIA, Eto'o-Mihajlovic fight at first sight: club in trouble
- 02 Feb 00:00 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I am staying"
- 31 Jan 00:00 INTER, Vidic's agent:: "He will honor his contract"
- 30 Jan 17:55 AS ROMA, Strootman underwent arthroscopic treatment in his left knee today
- 30 Jan 11:53 ENLGAND/ LIVERPOOL, Sturridge expects Gerrard return
- 30 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Selling Inler would be nonsense"
- 29 Jan 15:29 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "We know we’re going through a difficult moment"
- 29 Jan 13:56 INTER, Brozovic: "It's a dream come true for me to be here"
- 29 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We are waiting for Destro's answer"
- 28 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 27 Jan 00:00 LAZIO, Ederson's agent: "His future? We'll see"
- 26 Jan 15:41 AC MILAN, Menez: "The players are always with Inzaghi"
- 26 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I would like to end my career here"
- 25 Jan 06:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I have no reasons to leave"
- 24 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Benitez wants to stay"
- 23 Jan 00:00 PARMA, Kodra: "We were about to sign Balotelli"
- 22 Jan 18:02 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I would like to be important for the team"
- 22 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "He could extend his deal"
- 21 Jan 16:44 AC MILAN, Mexes: "We must not look for excuses"
- 21 Jan 00:00 INTER, M'Vila's agent: "QPR are the most interested in him"
- 01 Apr 19:10 SPAIN / REAL MADRID, Modric happy with Merengues
- 01 Apr 18:53 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Sterling: "I'm no money-grabber"
- 01 Apr 18:41 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Cazorla plays down Liga link
- 01 Apr 18:32 ITALY/ HELLAS VERONA, 3 Premier League interested in Sala
- 01 Apr 18:20 GERMANY/ BAYERN LEVERKUSEN, Donati leaving in the summer
- 01 Apr 18:11 ITALY/ INTER, continue contacts for Jovetic: City opens to transfer
- 01 Apr 18:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, snapped up Turkish starlet Dincer
- 01 Apr 17:50 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Werder Bremen, Selke will join RB Leipzig
- 01 Apr 17:40 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Van der Vaart: "Probably I will play in the US"
- 01 Apr 17:30 HOLLAND/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ajax signed definitively Milik
- 01 Apr 13:51 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Alaba injured
- 01 Apr 13:40 FRANCE/ LYON, Gourcuff can join back to Bordeaux
- 01 Apr 13:30 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Eye on City young talent
- 01 Apr 13:21 ITALY/ UDINESE, Allan: "My future? I'd like to stay"
- 01 Apr 13:12 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Gaya rejects to extends
- 01 Apr 13:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Javi Fuego extends for Valencia
- 01 Apr 12:48 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Planning to sign Albiol back
- 01 Apr 12:36 GREECE/ OLYMPIAKOS, Eyes on Prodl
- 01 Apr 12:27 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Falcao: "When the season finishes I am going to think about my future"
- 01 Apr 12:24 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Betis sign Rennella on renewal
- 01 Apr 12:12 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, 3 youngsters renew for AC Milan
- 01 Apr 12:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Cash offer ready for Chicharito Hernandez
- 01 Apr 11:48 FRANCE/ GUINGAMP, Suitors for Beauvue increasing
- 01 Apr 11:36 HOLLAND/ PSV, Depay's agent: "United? We are in touch with no one"
- 01 Apr 11:24 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid announce Danilo's signing
- 01 Apr 11:12 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Herrmann extends for Monchengladbach
- 01 Apr 11:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, awaiting clarification regarding Chelsea's goalkeeper's future
- 01 Apr 10:52 GERMANY/ B. DORTMUND, Hummels speaks
- 01 Apr 10:44 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho ready to make a new offer for Douglas Costa
- 01 Apr 10:40 ITALY/ MILAN, Man Utd closer to de Jong
- 01 Apr 10:30 ITALY/ PALERMO, Zamparini : "Serious proposals are in for Dybala"
- 01 Apr 10:12 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, agree £50MILLION deal for Tottenham ace Harry Kane
- 01 Apr 10:12 FRANCE/ PSG, Eyes on Lloris of Tottenham
- 01 Apr 09:59 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Tatarusanu: "I want to stay for so long time"
- 01 Apr 09:38 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, de Bruyne coming back?
- 01 Apr 09:21 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Monitoring Theo Walcott
- 01 Apr 09:16 ITALY/ JUVE, doubts about Berardi ransom
- 31 Mar 18:06 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Nainggolan unsure to stay
- 31 Mar 17:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Survey on Soriano
- 31 Mar 17:15 ITALY/ INTER, Willing to sign Domagoj Vida
- 31 Mar 17:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, From Italy: 14 million euros ready for purchasing Glik
- 31 Mar 16:48 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Back for Osvaldo in summer
- 31 Mar 16:36 FRANCE/ LILLE, Lead over 3 rivals on Cyprien
- 31 Mar 16:24 ITALY/ INTER, Eyes on Okore
- 31 Mar 16:12 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, De Jong submits his salary request
- 31 Mar 16:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Alonso offered to Torino for getting to Darmian
- 31 Mar 15:48 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, An Italian suitor for Simone Pepe
- 31 Mar 15:36 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Majestic offer for Modric ready
- 31 Mar 15:24 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Duel to Aston Villa and Newcastle on Konaté
- 31 Mar 15:12 SPAIN/ REAL SOCIEDAD, Ansotegi might leave as a free agent
Offering a quite disappointing seasonal performance at Napoli, after a very good debut one in 2013/14, Spanish international centre-back Raul Albiol (29), currently on a deal with Italian club until June 2017 and already tracked by Tottenham, has been now targeted by Valencia, wh
Interviewed by Rai, Fiorentina 29-year-old striker Mario Gomez has declared: "It's not time for me to leave Fiorentina, first I have to help
Interviewed by Globoesporte, Real Madrid 22-year-old midfielder Lucas Silva has declared about the possibility to be loaned to Porto: "I don'
Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has told Sky Sports News HQ: "There are some obvious things we want to do. We would like to extend Asmir Begovic
PSG Director of Football Dani Alves has declared about the imminent signing of 31-year-old right back Dani Alves: "He is a great player, as well
Bayern Munich 22-year-old left wingback Juan Bernat has declared about his team mate David Alaba, considered a target for Real Madrid: "I don'