INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 10.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Also Real after him"
- 29 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? It's up to him"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 10:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 02:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 02:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 19:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 12:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 08:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 02:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 08:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 19:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 14 Jul 08:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honored by United's interest"
- 13 Jul 08:00 FIORENTINA, Valero: "I am not leaving"
- 12 Jul 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "He could still join Milan"
- 11 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Vrsaljko won't join. Cerci.. who knows"
- 10 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Iturbe? We'll see.."
- 09 Jul 02:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "Klose is not for sale"
- 08 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Pradè: "No official offers for Cuadrado"
- 07 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "Don't know anything about Barcelona"
- 04 Jul 02:00 GENOA. Vrsaljko's agent: "No news about his future"
- 03 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He is happy here"
- 02 Jul 10:50 JUVENTUS, Barzagli undergoes surgery in Finland
- 01 Jul 02:00 INTER, Taider: "I will stay"
- 30 Jun 18:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 30 Jun 15:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi about FIGC: "The hour has come for change"
- 28 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "Fiorentina agreable destination"
- 26 Jun 02:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic's agent: "Don't know anything about Lazio"
- 25 Jun 19:00 AC MILAN, Balotelli has hit back at his critics
- 25 Jun 02:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "He is about to join Chievo"
- 24 Jun 02:00 LAZIO, Perea's agent: "He's going nowhere"
- 23 Jun 02:00 MILAN, B. Berlusconi: "Balotelli is not irreplaceable"
- 22 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Bernardeschi: "Udinese and Cagliari agreable destinations"
- 21 Jun 02:00 INTER, Krhin's agent: "Happy to be back"
- 20 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "Italian and foreign clubs after him"
- 19 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We still don't know if he will stay"
- 18 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Radosevic's agent: "He's looking for a team where he can play"
- 17 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema's agent: "No agreement for the new contract"
- 17 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He's like to to end his career in Naples"
- 16 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Benitez: "We are not seeking defenders or goalkeepers"
- 14 Jun 02:00 INTER, Rolando: "I would like to remain, but..."
- 13 Jun 18:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi: "Our aim is to get qualified to Champions League"
- 13 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Cristante's agent: "Benfica after him, but he's not for sale"
- 12 Jun 02:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "Besiktas is an option"
- 11 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "Monaco are not after him"
- 10 Jun 02:00 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella's agent: "Galatasaray? Too early"
- 09 Jun 18:26 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Inzaghi " I thank President Berlusconi and all the club for the faith"
- 09 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I would like to stay"
- 08 Jun 08:00 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "I would like to stay"
- 07 Jun 02:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "No contacts with Besiktas"
- 06 Jun 08:00 INTER, Andreolli's agent: "He will definitely stay"
- 05 Jun 02:00 INTER, Rolando's agent: "His future? First we must talk with Porto"
- 04 Jun 20:31 AC MILAN, Marcello Montolivo: "President has been supportive"
- 04 Jun 18:13 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW- Inter: also Monaco interested in Bardi
- 04 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Gonalons? I don't talk with Aulas"
- 03 Jun 02:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "The new contract? After the World Cup"
- 02 Jun 02:00 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella: "Fiorentina? It's an option"
- 01 Jun 08:00 TORINO, Immobile: "I am joining Borussia"
- 31 May 02:00 INTER, Samuel: "I don't know where I'll go"
- 30 May 02:00 NAPOLI, Reina: "I can't think about my future"
- 29 May 02:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He will stay"
- 28 May 16:50 AS ROMA, Dodo's condition is not such as to require surgery
- 28 May 02:00 NAPOLI, Behrami: "Nothing new about my future"
- 27 May 18:14 JUVENTUS, Umberto Agnelli memorial service in Sestriere
- 27 May 02:00 JUVENTUS, Asamoah: "I hope to end my career here"
- 26 May 02:00 INTER, Mbaye's agent: "Optimistic about the renewal"
- 25 May 08:00 AC MILAN, Kaka: "One day I will rejoin Sao Paulo"
- 23 May 02:00 INTER, Taider: "I want to stay"
- 22 May 12:30 AC MILAN, S. Rossi: "I spoke to Abbiati recently and I advised him to renew"
- 22 May 02:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "His future? It's not up to us only"
- 21 May 14:29 INTER, Mazzarri: "If I stay? Absolutely certain. If for nothing else because I have a contract"
- 21 May 02:00 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy's agent: "He wants to stay, but.."
- 20 May 02:00 LAZIO, Perea's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 19 May 19:32 AC MILAN, from the inauguration of Casa Milan. Galliani: "Everybody who has worked here has done a miraculous job"
- 19 May 17:13 AC MILAN, B. Berlusconi: "Seedorf? My father and Mr. Galliani will meet up to discuss "
- 19 May 15:31 AC MILAN, Honda: " I’m now off to Japan and I’m aiming to get in top shape for the World Cup"
- 19 May 15:14 INTER, Moratti: "Inter's colours, history and beauty are what matter most"
- 19 May 02:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "I will be here in the next season"
- 18 May 08:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Cambiasso will leave"
- 17 May 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "Fiorentina? I'm waiting for a call"
- 16 May 02:00 AC MILAN, Amelia's agent: "We need to prepare leaving"
- 15 May 17:47 ITALY/ INTER, Kovacic: " like being in this team. Mazzarri and his staff are teaching me a lot"
- 15 May 02:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "I think that I will stay"
- 14 May 15:45 AC MILAN, Petagna: "The dream for next year is to play in the first team"
- 14 May 14:22 INTER, Nagatomo: "I've improved thanks to Mazzarri"
- 14 May 08:00 TORINO, Immobile: "I'm not going to join Juve"
- 13 May 02:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? I have a contract"
- 12 May 08:00 AC MILAN, Kaka: "I would like to stay, but.."
- 11 May 08:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Dzeko? I don't think so"
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 23:37 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Done for Behrami
- 30 Jul 23:17 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Cavanda about to join
- 30 Jul 22:59 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Offer for Lamela
- 30 Jul 22:39 GERMANY/ HANNOVER, Interest for Marin denied
- 30 Jul 22:20 AUSTRIA/ OFFICIAL, Austria Wien sign Damari
- 30 Jul 22:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Everton sign Lukaku
- 30 Jul 21:37 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Sprint for Behrami
- 30 Jul 21:17 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Interest for Ben-Hatira
- 30 Jul 20:59 ITALY/ PALERMO, Idea Fuchs
- 30 Jul 20:39 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT, Keen on Seferovic
- 30 Jul 20:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Lazio sign de Vrij
- 30 Jul 20:00 ENGLAND/ QPR, Taarabt told to get fit by Harry Redknapp
- 30 Jul 19:46 FRANCE/ OM, Bielsa asking Orellana
- 30 Jul 19:32 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Teodorczyk's agent: "Genoa? Many clubs interested in him"
- 30 Jul 19:14 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, , Delac: "I signed on for two more years"
- 30 Jul 19:11 ITALY/ MILAN Mexes: "I'm quiet, I'll respect my deal"
- 30 Jul 19:00 FRANCE/ MARSEILLE, Started the deal for Ochoa
- 30 Jul 18:51 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Independiente sign Jesus Mendez
- 30 Jul 18:42 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Vlaar: "The club won't to lose me"
- 30 Jul 18:33 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Delfouneso Back At Blackpool
- 30 Jul 18:24 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Gerrard: "This has been worst period of my life "
- 30 Jul 18:15 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Magpies and Black Cats striken out: Gnabry set to join on loan from Arsenal
- 30 Jul 18:00 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Eichin: "We offered Selke a long-term renewal"
- 30 Jul 17:45 OFFICIAL/ HONDURAS,Medford the new NT coach
- 30 Jul 17:45 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Suggestion for Danny Graham
- 30 Jul 17:30 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Reus' agent warns Arsenal and Liverpool: "Transfer rumours are due, but he just wants to recover"
- 30 Jul 17:15 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Rudiger: "I'll sure play for a top club, but not I'm just focused on staying here"
- 30 Jul 17:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Approaching Rolando
- 30 Jul 16:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Jenkinson more and more likely to join West ham on loan
- 30 Jul 16:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Offer to Atletico for Miranda ready
- 30 Jul 16:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Back surveying Dedé
- 30 Jul 16:00 LIVERPOOL, UNITED & CITY: Cavani's removal from PSG promotional photo reopens Premier League perspectives
- 30 Jul 15:45 ITALY/ CESENA, Willing to bring Kozak back to Italy from Villa
- 30 Jul 15:30 ITALY/ LAZIO, Still tracking Paletta
- 30 Jul 15:21 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto sign Adres Fernandez
- 30 Jul 15:15 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal loan Caraglio to Velez
- 30 Jul 14:56 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Poyet: "It's clear we need a few new players"
- 30 Jul 14:45 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Attempt for Giovinco
- 30 Jul 14:30 QATAR/ OFFICIAL, Dejagah joins Al-Arabi
- 30 Jul 14:23 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Savic's agent: "Juventus interested in him"
- 30 Jul 14:15 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING LISBONA, Rojo: "I want to stay, but I'm waiting to see offers"
- 30 Jul 14:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Majestic request set on Lukaku's ownership
- 30 Jul 13:44 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Also Bayern interested in Di Maria
- 30 Jul 13:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Bruno joins Evian
- 30 Jul 13:14 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Enzo Perez: "I'm happy here, but I'll speak with the club"
- 30 Jul 13:00 ARSENAL & TOTTENHAM, Final duel for signing Schneiderlin
- 30 Jul 12:48 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Atletico Madrid consider €20 million bid for Cazorla
- 30 Jul 12:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, From Spain: Khedira at risk, possible agreement with Bayern for 2015
- 30 Jul 12:29 FRANCE/ O.M., Valbuena close to Dinamo Moscow
Harry Redknapp has urged Adel Taarabt to 'get himself in shape', if the playmaker wants to have a future at Queens Park Rangers. The first day back training he wasn't fit and hasn't been fit to train since," Redknapp is quoted by Get West London. "Then h
Interviewed by Sky Sport, Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has declared about 27-year-old midfielder Arturo Vidal: "He has never been on the m
Barcelona new midfielder Ivan Rakitic has declared about his team-mate Xavi: "It’s great news that he’s staying here. He’s a cl
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko has declared: "'I can only say that I’m very happy at City and at the moment we are talking about a
Interviewed by La Voix du Nord, Lille center back Simon Kjaer has declared: "It has always been clear in my head, and I even told the coach at th