INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 10.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No hurry about Kovacic and Icardi's renewal"
- 28 Sep 06:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Totti here for a long time"
- 27 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "I will end my career at Belgrano"
- 26 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "This is a great place to play football"
- 25 Sep 18:22 INTER, Erick Thohir meets Barbara Berlusconi
- 25 Sep 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Inter? Could be"
- 24 Sep 11:28 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Torres had a good match. He hadn’t played 90 minutes for a long time"
- 22 Sep 07:59 JUVENTUS, Pereyra: "Good performance, but I need to improve defensively"
- 22 Sep 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 21 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Inter have done well on the transfar market"
- 19 Sep 17:00 EUROPA LEAGUE Day After - NAPOLI, Mertens after the double score: "A crucial night both for the team and me"
- 18 Sep 10:44 As ROMA , Gervinho about Champions: "We can go a long way"
- 18 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "My new contract? Not yet"
- 17 Sep 13:41 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello
- 17 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "Soon a meeting for my new contract"
- 16 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual: "Many clubs after me"
- 15 Sep 08:17 AC MILAN, Menez: "Scoring goals is pleasing, this side deserves more"
- 12 Sep 18:14 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Focused on Empoli, not thinking about Champions"
- 12 Sep 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I am happy to be here at Milanello"
- 12 Sep 00:00 VERONA, Sorensen: "I would like to remain"
- 11 Sep 18:15 AC MILAN, Jack Bonaventura introduces himself: "Excited about being here, I got a warm welcome. I'm in good shape"
- 11 Sep 15:58 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "The last day of the transfer market was surreal"
- 11 Sep 00:00 INTER, Guarin: "I have remained, now it's up to me"
- 10 Sep 18:30 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez : "We are working well with Inzaghi"
- 09 Sep 18:45 AS ROMA, Iturbe: "Garcia decisive for my arrival"
- 09 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Too early to join Colo Colo"
- 08 Sep 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Nothing going on with Rabiot"
- 06 Sep 01:00 JUVENTUS, Barzagli says that they cannot compete financially with the continent's top teams
- 05 Sep 14:31 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "I feel good, but the bone needs time to heal"
- 04 Sep 14:59 AC MILAN, Torres' first press conference as a Rossoneri player: "I want to be part of this club's history"
- 02 Sep 15:01 AS ROMA, Balzaretti about the injury: "I feel bad for my team-mates, I feel guilty"
- 30 Aug 01:23 AC MILAN, Abate: "We must win back our fans with desire and humility"
- 29 Aug 19:48 AS ROMA, Garcia: "My players are hungry for success"
- 29 Aug 10:59 INTER, Icardi: "We started strong, that's what the gaffer wanted"
- 29 Aug 10:36 INTER, Kovacic: "I'll play wherever the coach wants me"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 27 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Van Ginkel may join us"
- 26 Aug 17:14 JUVENTUS, Romulo: "I’m excited by the challenge of playing Champions"
- 26 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Paratici: "No contacts between Sevilla and Ogbonna"
- 25 Aug 17:30 INTER, Medel: "I want to show what I can do"
- 25 Aug 00:00 ROMA, Destro's agent: "Milan could make a step soon"
- 24 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The market? If the team can be improved..."
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 04 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "We are keeping our word"
- 03 Aug 09:00 INTER, Schelotto's agent: "Southampton? We'll see,,"
- 02 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 02:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Also Real after him"
- 29 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? It's up to him"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 10:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 02:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 02:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 19:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 12:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 08:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 02:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 08:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 19:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 14 Jul 08:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honored by United's interest"
- 13 Jul 08:00 FIORENTINA, Valero: "I am not leaving"
- 30 Sep 20:00 ARSENAL v GALATASARAY, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere is available"
- 30 Sep 19:37 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Unexpected suggestion for Mutu's return
- 30 Sep 19:17 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Bacca signs new contract with FC Seville
- 30 Sep 18:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger announces Giroud's renewal
- 30 Sep 18:39 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Eyes on Gabbiadini
- 30 Sep 18:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, All-in for Jackson Martinez if Higuain leaves
- 30 Sep 17:37 AUSTRIA/ OFFICIAL, Franco Foda joins back Sturm Graz as a manager
- 30 Sep 17:14 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City, Sagbo yielded on loan
- 30 Sep 16:58 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Hit by Herrera injury
- 30 Sep 16:24 AC MILAN, Zapata: "I have a big desire to do well this year "
- 30 Sep 16:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Walcott is joining in full training next week
- 30 Sep 15:29 GERMANY/ MAINZ 05, Keen on Timm Klose
- 30 Sep 14:59 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, Possible winter attempt for Cavanda
- 30 Sep 14:27 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Weighing up Babacar's renewal chances
- 30 Sep 13:57 BRAZIL/ CORINTHIANS, Guerrero unlikely to renew
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 13:16 FRANCE/ PSG, David Luiz: "Barça observed me, but Psg paid for me"
- 30 Sep 12:59 ENGLAND, Hogdson: "60 mlns for David Luiz? It's crazy"
- 30 Sep 12:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I will only leave if they sack me"
- 30 Sep 12:14 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Renewal close for Florenzi
- 30 Sep 11:44 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, agreement close for Giroud renewal
- 30 Sep 11:29 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, WBA: Dawson extends
- 30 Sep 11:13 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Fernandinho: "Is necessary to defeat As Roma"
- 30 Sep 10:49 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Di Maria: "A dream for me to come to Europe"
- 30 Sep 10:30 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Mignolet: "Valdes? I feel different kinds of pressure"
- 30 Sep 10:17 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Chelsea are leading race for Barkley
- 30 Sep 09:22 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Crystal Palace loan Williams out again to Ipswich Town
- 30 Sep 08:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, The plan for Reus
- 30 Sep 08:15 FRANCE/ PSG, Keen on Martial
- 30 Sep 08:00 BRAZIL/ CORINTHIANS, Herrera likely to join
- 30 Sep 07:40 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Two Spanish clubs after Soriano
- 30 Sep 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ramsey injured
- 30 Sep 06:57 OL, Grenier: "My future remains uncertain"
- 30 Sep 06:39 BAYERN, Beckenbauer: "Xabi Alonso our most important signing"
- 30 Sep 06:19 MAN. UTD, Di Maria: "One day I will return to Rosario"
- 30 Sep 06:00 ATLETICO, Jimenez: "Grateful to this club"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 23:37 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Also Callejon on the wishlist
- 29 Sep 23:17 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT, Hildebrand has refused Hannover's offer
- 29 Sep 22:59 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Martinez unlikely to join
- 29 Sep 22:39 GERMANY/ WERDER, Komolong on trial
- 29 Sep 22:20 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Juanmi renews with Malaga
- 29 Sep 22:00 GERMANY/ HANNOVER, Keen on Lollo
- 29 Sep 21:37 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Chiellini about to renew
- 29 Sep 21:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Casilla will join at the end of the season
- 29 Sep 20:59 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Eyes on Matic
- 29 Sep 20:39 KOREA/ OFFICIAL, Pohang sign Moritz
- 29 Sep 20:20 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Keen on Rodriguez
- 29 Sep 20:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Also Spalletti for the bench
- 29 Sep 19:45 ITALY/ PALERMO, Update on Vazquez
Good news for Arsenal, revealed by Arsène Wenger: "Jack Wilshere is in the squad for tomorrow. Will I start him against Galatasaray? I don’t know yet, but he’s in the squad.
I left Abou Diaby out as well because he’s not completely there yet. We los
Alvaro Morata has revealed that he decided to leave Real Madrid for Juventus this summer because he felt Carlo Ancelotti did not believe in him.
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has declared: "I can't imagine Real Madrid without Cristiano Ronaldo. There are just nonsense rumors. He is
Good news for Arsenal, revealed by Arsène Wenger: "Jack Wilshere is in the squad for tomorrow. Will I start him against Galatasaray? I don
OM coach Marcelo Bielsa has declared about 28-year-old striker Andre-Pierre Gignac: "I know how difficult is to train a national team, and I don&
Bayern Munich honorary president Franz Beckenbauer has declared about 32-year-old midfielder Xabi Alonso: "He has been our most important signing