INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 10.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 01 Aug 00:00 INTER, Taider's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 31 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Negredo: "I want to stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon's agent: "No contacts with Chelsea"
- 30 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 29 Jul 00:00 ATALANTA, Sartori: "Denis will stay"
- 28 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Draxler? There's no hurry"
- 27 Jul 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "Real were after me, but I asked to stay"
- 25 Jul 12:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic: "Happy to stay"
- 24 Jul 09:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Colo Colo? I have a contract, we'll see"
- 23 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "We don't want to sell anybody"
- 22 Jul 06:00 AC MILAN, Menez's agent: "He will stay for sure"
- 18 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli? Juve want to keep him"
- 17 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "We're seeking a forward"
- 14 Jul 13:45 JUVENTUS, Tevez's transfer to Boca Juniors sums and details disclosed
- 13 Jul 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are observing Salah's situation"
- 11 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Angelozzi: "We are not after El Kaddouri"
- 10 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Berardi's agent: "He won't join Juve before 2016"
- 09 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Sepe's agent: "He could join Fiorentina"
- 08 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Vrsaljko's agent: "We are waiting for Napoli"
- 06 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Peres' agent: "Ready for a great club"
- 02 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Gargano's agent: "Monterrey is not his only option"
- 01 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "Next week a decision about his future"
- 30 Jun 00:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "Five clubs after him"
- 27 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 26 Jun 00:00 INTER, Shaqiri: "I am not leaving"
- 25 Jun 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "No contacts with Fenerbahçe"
- 24 Jun 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro: "Nothing true about Monaco"
- 23 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente; "My future? I have to talk with the club"
- 22 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Sevilla want Rami, we're in talks"
- 21 Jun 09:00 PALERMO, Gonzalez's agent: "At least three big clubs after him"
- 20 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Also Juve are after Kondogbia"
- 19 Jun 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer's agent: "No offer from Roma"
- 18 Jun 09:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli are interested, but.."
- 17 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez's agent: "Boca? We have to see..."
- 16 Jun 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He will probably sign a new deal"
- 15 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Evra: "I don't think the club will let Pogba leave"
- 14 Jun 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "My future? I'm happy here"
- 13 Jun 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "I'd like to stay, but.."
- 12 Jun 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will stay"
- 11 Jun 19:00 SAMPDORIA/ OFFICIAL, Walter Zenga is the new manager
- 11 Jun 00:00 LAZIO, Keita's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 10 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves's agent: "He had better offers, but.."
- 10 Jun 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "His future? We have to wait"
- 09 Jun 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He could end his career here"
- 08 Jun 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori's agent: "He'll join the club with the best project"
- 07 Jun 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "I hope that Pirlo will stay"
- 06 Jun 08:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 05 Jun 16:39 AC MILAN, Berlusconi-Mr.Bee meeting at Arcore
- 05 Jun 00:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Felipe Anderson: "My future is here"
- 04 Jun 00:00 NAPOLI, Zapata's agent: "He could stay"
- 03 Jun 17:20 ARGENTINA/ BANFIELD, Almeyda: "I want to continue here. In the future Lazio"
- 03 Jun 00:00 LAZIO, Ledesma's agent: "Kansas City? We'll see"
- 02 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 01 Jun 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "I want to stay"
- 31 May 08:30 INTER, Mancini: "I hope that all the good players will stay"
- 30 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I hope Ancelotti wil join us"
- 29 May 03:57 HELLAS VERONA, Rafa Marquez: "Ronaldo doesn't deserve to win Ballon d'Or "
- 28 May 16:10 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ancelotti will decide on Wednesday"
- 28 May 16:03 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis about Bigon: "Changing after 6 years is normal"
- 28 May 15:24 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "I'll get Benitez a good contract for Real Madrid!"
- 28 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "I don't think Mandzukic will join us"
- 27 May 18:59 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I hope Ancelotti will accept"
- 27 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "If Inzaghi stays, I leave"
- 26 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We like Mandzukic"
- 25 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Alex: "I want to stay, but..."
- 24 May 06:30 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba unsellable, Vidal will stay"
- 23 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "Staying in Naples is his priority"
- 22 May 06:30 NAPOLI, Benitez's agent: "He would be happy to train Real Madrid"
- 21 May 15:30 AC MILAN, Meeting with Ancelotti in Madrid
- 21 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are not after Cavani"
- 20 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I could remain here forever"
- 19 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? It's not only up to me"
- 18 May 00:00 TORINO, Ventura: "Maxi Lopez will stay"
- 17 May 03:00 INTER, Kovacic: "My future? I am happy here"
- 16 May 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Thohir wants to build a competitive team"
- 15 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? We'll see,,"
- 14 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "My future? I have a contract"
- 13 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Menez's agent: "Liverpool and Monaco? Just rumours"
- 12 May 14:00 TORINO, Ventura: "Cerci returning? Never say never. I want to stay"
- 12 May 00:00 MILAN, Galliani: "Gabigol? We'll see.."
- 11 May 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "We'll respect Handanovic's will"
- 10 May 10:00 AS ROMA, Sabatini: "We want to keep Nainggolan"
- 09 May 00:00 INTER, Podolski: "I could stay"
- 08 May 11:00 BREAKING NEWS - AC MILAN, Unai Emery agrees move to Italian club
- 08 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Benitez: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 07 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are after Dybala and Cavani"
- 06 May 11:22 AC MILAN, Next Friday Berlusconi will have a meeting with the Chinese network
- 06 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He will stay"
- 05 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's agent: "No contacts with Juve"
- 04 May 11:30 ITALY/ JUVE, Pirlo "Away from Ac Milan, because I needed other motivations"
- 04 May 11:14 MILAN, Bee Taechaubol: "Serie A was the league to watch for me,Serie A was the league to watch for me"
- 04 May 10:59 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I have nothing to prove to anyone"
- 04 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez: "I want to stay"
- 03 May 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba not for sale"
- 01 May 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori: "Honoured by Napoli interest"
- 30 Apr 06:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I hope Tevez will stay"
- 29 Apr 00:00 UDINESE, Soldati: "Many clubs after Allan, but.."
- 28 Apr 18:36 AC MILAN, Galliani on club's future: "A passage of ownership would be only for the club's benefit"
- 28 Apr 17:06 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "We have to try and get back to winning ways"
- 28 Apr 16:50 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "All the players immediately agreed the retreat"
- 02 Aug 02:27 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Zuniga on target
- 02 Aug 01:57 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Copenhagen sign Kaminski from Anderlecht
- 02 Aug 01:29 BREAKING NEWS - FRANCE/ PSG, Assault on Bentaleb
- 02 Aug 00:59 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, M'Vila more and more likely to join
- 02 Aug 00:30 BREAKING NEWS - ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Approaching Spanish talent Jorge Meré
- 02 Aug 00:00 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Gaitán about to join
- 01 Aug 23:28 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Survey on Paloschi
- 01 Aug 22:59 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Callejon's agent: "Nothing true about Inter, I think he'll stay put"
- 01 Aug 22:30 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Denis more and more as a primary target
- 01 Aug 22:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Berbatov can be signed on Monday
- 01 Aug 21:27 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Edu Vargas tempted by O.M. Qatari offers refused
- 01 Aug 20:57 BREAKING NEWS - FRANCE/ O.L., Rafael about to join: agreement reached
- 01 Aug 20:29 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New offer to Newcastle for Moussa Sissoko
- 01 Aug 19:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Manchester City loan Agyepong to Twente
- 01 Aug 19:30 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Medicals for Defrel next Monday
- 01 Aug 19:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City sign Hayden from Arsenal
- 01 Aug 18:27 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Süle renews for Hoffenheim
- 01 Aug 17:57 ITALY/ INTER, Longo about to be loaned out again: deal with Frosinone
- 01 Aug 17:29 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Norwich City sign Kean
- 01 Aug 16:59 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Gazélec Ajaccio sign Mangane
- 01 Aug 16:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal loan Crowley to Barnsley
- 01 Aug 16:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Birmingham sign Toral from Arsenal and loan Johnstone out
- 01 Aug 15:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sheffield Wednesday sign Lucas Joao and renews with Lees
- 01 Aug 14:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Evian sign Campanharo and Da Cruz
- 01 Aug 13:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea loan Dávila again to Vitoria Setubal
- 01 Aug 12:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Bastia sign Etoundi
- 01 Aug 11:00 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Oshaniwa joins Hearts of Midlothian
- 01 Aug 10:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica loan Pelé and Romario Baldé out
- 01 Aug 09:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Ntcham joins Genoa
- 01 Aug 08:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Sidibé renews with Lille
- 01 Aug 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Immobile injured
- 01 Aug 07:27 PSG, Thiago Motta's agent: "Soon a meeting with the club"
- 01 Aug 06:59 BAYERN, Guardiola: "I haven't decided if I will extend my contract"
- 01 Aug 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "Hernandez? Just rumours"
- 01 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Pedro will stay"
- 01 Aug 00:00 INTER, Taider's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 31 Jul 23:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Baker renews with Aston Villa
- 31 Jul 23:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, New offer for Romagnoli ready
- 31 Jul 22:59 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Diers renews with Angers
- 31 Jul 22:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Jones renews with Everton
- 31 Jul 22:20 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Galatasaray sign Rodriguez
- 31 Jul 22:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Saint-Maximin joins Hannover
- 31 Jul 21:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Aston Villa sign Veretout
- 31 Jul 21:17 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Fontas renews with Celta
- 31 Jul 20:39 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Davila joins Vitoria
- 31 Jul 20:20 URUGUAY/ OFFICIAL, Aguirregaray joins Penarol
- 31 Jul 20:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Roco joins Espanyol
- 31 Jul 19:45 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Kortrijk sign Kage
- 31 Jul 19:30 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Inverness sign Mbuyi-Mutombo
- 31 Jul 19:16 MONTREAL, Drogba: "I won't be a burden to Montreal Impact"
After having succeeded in reaching an agreement with Angel Di Maria, Paris Saint-Germain management are now headed towards trying to sign Algerian international midfielder Nabil Bentaleb (20) from Tottenham, chosen as a possible heir to Thiago Motta. A core-player for Spurs, the
Interviewed by Sportitalia, Paolo Busardò, agent of Inter Milan midfielder Saphir Taider, has declared: "We are receiving many offers. We&
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has told Espn: "The team is what it is. It has been put together. We have the team that our coach wanted
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has declared: "About Javier Hernandez, those are rumours and nothing more. There is nothing concrete. He is
Interviewed by Sportitalia, Alessandro Canovi, agent of PSG midfielder Thiago Motta, has declared: "My client will meet his club's executives
As reported by AS, Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared: "I still haven't decided if I will extend my deal or not. In any case, I h