INTER, Moratti: "It's hard to believe in what you don't have"
28.09.2012 10.18 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
President Massimo Moratti answered questions from the waiting journalists after this evening's board meeting.
President, did you discuss the books?
"Yes, all rather boring stuff really as far as you press are concerned."
Are the Chinese partners now officially on board?
"There was nothing to officialise, there are just a few things to formalise, so it wasn't an important topic today."
Nothing about the stadium either?
"We talked about that, about how things stand at the moment, about yesterday's game, future plans, the youth academy - all in an informal manner because we have a board whose members have been a part of Inter for a long time, so naturally those are the topics."
Yes, we saw plenty of relaxed faces... so there's enthusiasm?
"Definitely. But it's more important that you have enthusiasm within the team. We're just here to help them."
Speaking of numbers, can we say that three is the perfect number in defence?
"Any number is good if the system works. The main thing is that it suits the players and the coach, that they inspire confidence in each other and, most importantly, that it's then carried out to good effect on the pitch. There isn't just one tactic and all the rest are worthless: it depends on the players you have and also the moment. Right now it's a good way of doing things."
Who is winning in the 'transfer-market derby' between Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini at the moment?
"Well they've got three goals each so far so things are fine as they are. Cassano is giving us a lot, not only in football terms but also his relationship with the coach and the rest of the team – not that it should surprise anyone. If I say he's smart it's because quite honestly he's showing that he is. We're delighted. More than just as a player, as an individual he's very useful to us at the moment."
On the subject of €20 million players, which you can't buy at the moment, with these new backers joining the club might we see a return to a situation where things are perhaps not quite like the times of Vieri but a bit less difficult at least?
"I hope we don't go back to those times when we bought Vieri because everything we did back then was wrong, but yes there may be some improvement in that sense in the course of time. However, one thing is the financial aspect – being able to operate on the transfer market more easily – another is running the club efficiently. You can't have a club that doesn't care about the balance sheets just because it has financial clout. You can't do that so you have to be very careful at all times, making sure that you stick to UEFA's rules but also those for a well-run club."
Are you thinking of adding a reinforcement or two in January?
"Wasn't I saying the opposite [smiling]? Regardless of the means you have at your disposal, if you don't believe in what you have, it's hard to believe in what you don't have. I think what we have here is already worth a lot, but we have to keep increasing its value. Then we have a youth academy that has provided us and continues to provide us with quality players, so that's how we're working. That's how they build great teams in other countries, so I think we need to fall into line with that."
Which foreign club might you look to as an example?
"Every club has its own model. We believe what we have done with our academy is something that other clubs might look to as an example, because we've developed our academy to a point where it has given us success in terms of results but also, and more importantly, in terms of the quality players of all ages that we're bringing through. That's not something we want to imitate, because we're already doing it well. But it's important to make the most of these players with the first team and help everyone connected with the club to understand that they deserve a chance. There's not only one club that works that way - it's standard practice for English clubs. We're in a different setting here, what's gone on in the past means we have to do things more slowly. I understand all that. But that's the direction we need to be heading in. We're lucky in that we have a coach who is young himself and he knows about these things, he understands them, but you need the right opportunity and to be able to do it little by little."
Speaking of youngsters, does this head-to-head between Montella and Stramaccioni excite you?
"They are friends. Montella has more experience of course, because he's had two more years. I consider our coach to be a very intelligent man so I think he'll be able to make up for [that difference] with his intelligence. We'll see how it goes."
What about the debate between Marchionne and Della Valle, Juventus and Fiorentina?
"They've already played that game and they drew so..."
Are Fiorentina perhaps the worst team to play at the moment?
"I think they're the best team I've watched. They played a great match against Juve so there's no doubt that it's going to be a tough challenge for us, but you can't put off things like this until you're ready for them. If the match is now, we have to get on with it and do well. We're hardly nobodies ourselves."
Is it a good thing that you're playing the derby away from home?
"Because Milan are playing at home, you mean? Let's hope it brings the luck you're talking about."
Have you started preparing for the smoking ban that's going to be introduced at stadiums next year?
"When I go abroad they already have a ban and I don't even think about smoking at the stadium. If I'm not allowed to, I won't [smiling]."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 05 Sep 00:00 TORINO, Glik: "I never asked to leave"
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "We've been in talks for Hamsik"
- 02 Sep 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We were hoping to obtain Witsel on loan"
- 31 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I expect something from the transfer market"
- 30 Aug 10:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra won't join"
- 28 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Nothing true about Ibrahimovic"
- 27 Aug 08:00 INTER, Brozovic: "OL? I am happy here"
- 21 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Amauri's agent: "I don't think he will leave"
- 20 Aug 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Perisic could join"
- 19 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Maksimovic won't join Napoli"
- 14 Aug 08:00 ATALANTA, Cigarini's agent: "No contacts with Fiorentina£
- 13 Aug 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra? Difficult"
- 12 Aug 00:00 PALERMO, Milanović's agent: "He won't stay"
- 11 Aug 00:00 AS ROMA, Castan: "I will stay"
- 10 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We are about to sign Romagnoli"
- 09 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "No problems with Higuain"
- 08 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "My future? Everything can happen"
- 07 Aug 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I am happy here"
- 06 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Nothing new about Romagnoli"
- 05 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "If we'll receive an offer for Maksimovic..."
- 04 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 03 Aug 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 00:00 INTER, Taider's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 31 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Negredo: "I want to stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon's agent: "No contacts with Chelsea"
- 30 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 29 Jul 00:00 ATALANTA, Sartori: "Denis will stay"
- 28 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Draxler? There's no hurry"
- 27 Jul 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "Real were after me, but I asked to stay"
- 25 Jul 12:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic: "Happy to stay"
- 24 Jul 09:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Colo Colo? I have a contract, we'll see"
- 23 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "We don't want to sell anybody"
- 22 Jul 06:00 AC MILAN, Menez's agent: "He will stay for sure"
- 18 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli? Juve want to keep him"
- 17 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "We're seeking a forward"
- 14 Jul 13:45 JUVENTUS, Tevez's transfer to Boca Juniors sums and details disclosed
- 13 Jul 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are observing Salah's situation"
- 11 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Angelozzi: "We are not after El Kaddouri"
- 10 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Berardi's agent: "He won't join Juve before 2016"
- 09 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Sepe's agent: "He could join Fiorentina"
- 08 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Vrsaljko's agent: "We are waiting for Napoli"
- 06 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Peres' agent: "Ready for a great club"
- 02 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Gargano's agent: "Monterrey is not his only option"
- 01 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "Next week a decision about his future"
- 30 Jun 00:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "Five clubs after him"
- 27 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 26 Jun 00:00 INTER, Shaqiri: "I am not leaving"
- 25 Jun 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "No contacts with Fenerbahçe"
- 24 Jun 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro: "Nothing true about Monaco"
- 23 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente; "My future? I have to talk with the club"
- 22 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Sevilla want Rami, we're in talks"
- 21 Jun 09:00 PALERMO, Gonzalez's agent: "At least three big clubs after him"
- 20 Jun 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Also Juve are after Kondogbia"
- 19 Jun 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer's agent: "No offer from Roma"
- 18 Jun 09:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli are interested, but.."
- 17 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez's agent: "Boca? We have to see..."
- 16 Jun 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He will probably sign a new deal"
- 15 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Evra: "I don't think the club will let Pogba leave"
- 14 Jun 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "My future? I'm happy here"
- 13 Jun 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "I'd like to stay, but.."
- 12 Jun 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will stay"
- 11 Jun 19:00 SAMPDORIA/ OFFICIAL, Walter Zenga is the new manager
- 11 Jun 00:00 LAZIO, Keita's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 10 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves's agent: "He had better offers, but.."
- 10 Jun 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "His future? We have to wait"
- 09 Jun 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He could end his career here"
- 08 Jun 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori's agent: "He'll join the club with the best project"
- 07 Jun 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "I hope that Pirlo will stay"
- 06 Jun 08:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 05 Jun 16:39 AC MILAN, Berlusconi-Mr.Bee meeting at Arcore
- 05 Jun 00:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Felipe Anderson: "My future is here"
- 04 Jun 00:00 NAPOLI, Zapata's agent: "He could stay"
- 03 Jun 17:20 ARGENTINA/ BANFIELD, Almeyda: "I want to continue here. In the future Lazio"
- 03 Jun 00:00 LAZIO, Ledesma's agent: "Kansas City? We'll see"
- 02 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 01 Jun 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "I want to stay"
- 31 May 08:30 INTER, Mancini: "I hope that all the good players will stay"
- 30 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I hope Ancelotti wil join us"
- 29 May 03:57 HELLAS VERONA, Rafa Marquez: "Ronaldo doesn't deserve to win Ballon d'Or "
- 28 May 16:10 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ancelotti will decide on Wednesday"
- 28 May 16:03 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis about Bigon: "Changing after 6 years is normal"
- 28 May 15:24 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "I'll get Benitez a good contract for Real Madrid!"
- 28 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "I don't think Mandzukic will join us"
- 27 May 18:59 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I hope Ancelotti will accept"
- 27 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "If Inzaghi stays, I leave"
- 26 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We like Mandzukic"
- 25 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Alex: "I want to stay, but..."
- 24 May 06:30 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba unsellable, Vidal will stay"
- 23 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "Staying in Naples is his priority"
- 22 May 06:30 NAPOLI, Benitez's agent: "He would be happy to train Real Madrid"
- 21 May 15:30 AC MILAN, Meeting with Ancelotti in Madrid
- 21 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are not after Cavani"
- 20 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I could remain here forever"
- 19 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? It's not only up to me"
- 18 May 00:00 TORINO, Ventura: "Maxi Lopez will stay"
- 17 May 03:00 INTER, Kovacic: "My future? I am happy here"
- 16 May 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Thohir wants to build a competitive team"
- 15 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? We'll see,,"
- 05 Sep 18:00 O.L., Fekir might be ligament-injured
- 05 Sep 17:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Nathan Dyer joins Leicester City
- 05 Sep 16:00 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Schneuwly renews for Luzern
- 05 Sep 15:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Vasco Da Gama sign Leandrão and 1999-born on his first pro contract
- 05 Sep 14:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 2 Serie A suitors for Mesto
- 05 Sep 13:00 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Kayserispor sign Yakubu from Reading
- 05 Sep 12:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Planning a winter attempt for Peruzzi
- 05 Sep 00:00 TORINO, Glik: "I never asked to leave"
- 04 Sep 23:27 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Jarvis joins Norwich
- 04 Sep 22:57 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Nacho
- 04 Sep 22:29 AUSTRALIA/ OFFICIAL, Melbourne sign Bozanic
- 04 Sep 21:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Everton sign Lennon
- 04 Sep 21:30 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Sao Paulo sign Rogério
- 04 Sep 21:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL,Yedlin joins Sunderland
- 04 Sep 20:37 CROATIA/ OFFICIAL, Milevskyi quiys Hajduk
- 04 Sep 20:17 ITALY/ LAZIO, Lulic could leave in January
- 04 Sep 19:59 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Goncharenko quits Ural
- 04 Sep 19:39 CYPRUS/ OFFICIAL, Anorthosis sign Orlandi
- 04 Sep 19:20 ITALY/ CARPI, Idea Mangia for the bench
- 04 Sep 19:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Joel Campbell can still leave in January
- 04 Sep 18:37 CYPRUS/ OFFICIAL, Anorthosis sign Orlandi
- 04 Sep 18:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Norris joins Blackpool
- 04 Sep 17:59 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Kayserispor sign wonderkid Caglayan
- 04 Sep 17:39 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Pastore's agent: "He'll stay put at PSG for a long time"
- 04 Sep 17:20 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Antalyaspor sign M'Bolhi
- 04 Sep 17:00 MLS - USA/ OFFICIAL, Raymond Lee resigns from Philadelphia Union
- 04 Sep 16:39 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pogba refused Chelsea offer
- 04 Sep 16:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City sign Maloney
- 04 Sep 15:53 ARSENAL, Nacho: "How English football changed me"
- 04 Sep 15:28 INDIA/ OFFICIAL, Jonatan Lucca joins FC Goa
- 04 Sep 15:01 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Gaziantepspor sign Marçal
- 04 Sep 14:38 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING LISBON, Duel to Levante on Schelotto
- 04 Sep 14:16 ITALY/ PALERMO, El Kaoutari: "Monaco and Bordeaux were interested"
- 04 Sep 14:08 ITALY/ TORINO, Maksimovic could extend until 2020
- 04 Sep 13:44 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Nordsjaelland sign Lobotka
- 04 Sep 13:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Campagnaro joins Italian Serie B side Pescara
- 04 Sep 13:15 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Planning a winter attempt for Lulic
- 04 Sep 13:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, F. Perez: "De Gea delays a disgrace"
- 04 Sep 12:44 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, A new Messi for Real: Patanelli
- 04 Sep 12:30 ENGLAND/ MOTHERWELL, Grimshaw joining from United
- 04 Sep 12:14 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Possible departure for Villas-Boas
- 04 Sep 12:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Bid for Müller rejected
- 04 Sep 11:37 ITALY/ ROMA, Cole stays: he doesn't want to leave
- 04 Sep 11:17 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Renewal or bench for De Gea
- 04 Sep 10:59 CZECH REPUBLIC/ OFFICIAL, Slovan Liberec sign Efremov and Bartl
- 04 Sep 10:39 BRAZIL/ VASCO DA GAMA, Emanuelson might be joining soon
- 04 Sep 10:20 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Veteran Givet joins Tours
- 04 Sep 10:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Lloris: "Great affection for Spurs
- 04 Sep 09:58 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Fernandez: "Messi will stay for life"
- 04 Sep 09:43 ARSENAL, Welbeck shock: out 4 months
After French NT defeated Portugal 1-0 in Euro 2016 qualifiers, Bleus manager Didier Deschamps revealed to Sky Sports France 22 years old talented forward Nabil Fekir got injured, and he might be suffering from a ligament damage. Both national team medical staff and Olympique
Torino defender Kamil Glik has declared; "The rumours about my future? I am not upset about having remained. On the contrary, I have always been
Atletico Madrid left back Guilherme Siqueira has told El Mundo Deportivo: "I want to say that Atletico have never put pression on me, in any sens
Nacho Monreal believes the physical nature of English football has made him a better player.
The Spain international joined Arsenal in January 2013
After French NT defeated Portugal 1-0 in Euro 2016 qualifiers, Bleus manager Didier Deschamps revealed to Sky Sports France 22 years old talented forw
Disappointed by his own club's top brass having decided to yield almost 22 years old German international offensive midfielder and winger Julian D