LIVERPOOL, Suarez: "I have no doubts"
28.09.2012 15.17 by TM W
© foto di Nicolo' Zangirolami/Image Spor
Luis Suarez has reiterated his conviction Liverpool will soon reap the rewards of their impressive early-season performances – but believes both he and the team could benefit from a change in luck.
The Reds have picked up two points from their opening five Barclays Premier League fixtures, though commanding displays against Manchester City, Sunderland and, most recently, Manchester United have merited more.
Suarez, however, remains steadfast in his belief Brendan Rodgers' side are not far away from hitting the sort of form that will elevate them up the league table.
The Uruguayan told Liverpoolfc.com: "It makes it more difficult when your opening fixtures of the season are against strong teams like Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United - they are not easy games.
"We also have new manager and I think we've been a bit unlucky at times, but we've been playing the kind of football he wants us to play.
"What everyone clearly wants from now on is to pick up as many points as we can. Everyone is keen to turn the situation around and put an end to what's happened in the last few games."
Following the recent 1-1 draw at Sunderland, Suarez took to his official Twitter account to insist the hard work being done at Melwood would soon be turned into points.
It's an opinion that was only strengthened by Liverpool's dominant performance in Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.
Suarez added: "I believe in my teammates and the quality of the individual players and the squad as a whole, that's the most important thing.
"If everyone is together and we believe in each other, that's the best way to keep moving forward. At the moment, we are not in the position where Liverpool Football Club has to be, which is battling it out at the top end of the league.
"But we've been a bit unlucky, and I still believe - and will continue to believe - that we have a lot of quality here and a manager who is giving everyone the confidence to believe in their opportunities. The results will definitely come."
Though still waiting for that first league win, Rodgers' approach - both on and off the field - has made a big impression on the Liverpool squad.
Not least on Suarez, who is relishing working under the new manager's football values.
"He has a great philosophy on how the game should be played, similar to the football you see in the Spanish league," he said. "I think we are all trying to adapt to his style and similarly he is getting used to us.
"We're trying to do our best for him and he is also a manager who really trusts in his players and backs his team. So let's hope that results start improving, based upon the togetherness of the squad working closely with the manager."
Suarez heads into this weekend's clash with Norwich City having struck three goals in seven appearances so far in 2012-13.
However, the 25-year-old is determined to improve upon that statistic - insisting he is still approaching top form this term.
He said: "As a striker, you always want to be scoring goals or making assists, and helping the team however you can.
"I know myself that I can still up my game that little bit and maybe enjoy a little bit more luck in front of goal, because it's a striker's job to score goals.
"Let's hope that both myself and the whole of the team can keep improving and pick up some good results."
Overall, Suarez has an impressive 24 goals in 59 appearances for Liverpool - though he accepts he hasn't been as prolific in front of goal in England as he was with previous club Ajax in Holland.
"I don't think that you can compare my goalscoring record at Ajax with here," he explained. "Firstly, because the Premier League is a very tough league to play in and, secondly, at Ajax I went through a period where the goals were flying in from wherever I shot. I'd get rebounds going in off my shoulder.
"I'm not getting that sort of luck at the moment. Sometimes I'm doing the hard part by getting away from the defender, but then I'm not finishing well.
"But that's what you work on in training and sometimes there's a bit of luck involved as well, but by practising hard I'm sure that the goals I want to score will come."
Liverpool's last two league outings have seen Suarez have penalty appeals waved away, but the striker is philosophical about the decisions.
He said: "There are times when the referee gets it right and others when he doesn't, but that's all part and parcel of the game.
"It's happened in the last few games, like against Manchester United when the penalty shout on me wasn't given and then the one on Valencia was, but talking about it doesn't solve anything - the referee has a split second to see an incident. Let's just hope that it doesn't happen again in the future."
Meanwhile, Suarez admits he's been deeply touched by the recent events surrounding the release of the Hillsborough Independent Panel's report.
Liverpool marked their first home game since the report was published with a series of tributes before Sunday's fixture with United.
"It's been an emotional time in every way," reflected Suarez. "I think that even the Manchester United supporters must have felt it. There was an incredible feeling amongst everyone in the stadium for those families who'd finally got the justice they'd fought for after suffering for so long.
"Everybody now knows the truth and they can rest a little easier.
"It was a very special moment to be a player out there on the field too, because of all that's been said and everything that has gone on over the years, and now, today, everyone is aware of the truth."
Other news Premier League (England)
- 27 Nov 22:00 MANCHESTER CITY, Caballero: "Hart is injured, and that's no good for us. But I have to step in"
- 24 Nov 13:27 MANCHESTER UNITED, De Gea on Red Devils good moment: "Steady CL route after first defeat. Depay will bring a lot to us against PSV"
- 21 Nov 02:56 MANCHESTER CITY, Pellegrini: "Sterling must improve"
- 19 Nov 15:27 ARSENAL, Wenger: on Paris tragedy: "I wasn't far from the attacks. France will deal with that, England showed a lot of class in their support"
- 17 Nov 14:30 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "I wish I had played with Suarez at Barca"
- 17 Nov 14:16 MANCHESTER CITY, Negredo undergoes surgery for appendicitis
- 16 Nov 16:59 MANCHESTER CITY, Solidarity messages to the city of Paris
- 15 Nov 01:00 LIVERPOOL, Henderson and club's homages to Heysel and Paris victims
- 13 Nov 22:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Pires: "Henry can be a successor for Wenger"
- 13 Nov 21:21 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Why Wenger's decision to bench me was a good move"
- 13 Nov 02:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, De Gea: "I'm happy again at United after Madrid transfer collapse"
- 13 Nov 00:46 MANCHESTER UNITED, Mata: "I take no pleasure from Mourinho losing"
- 12 Nov 23:00 ARSENAL, Welbeck: "I can’t wait to come back"
- 12 Nov 17:29 MANCHESTER UNITED, Medical report on Antonio Valencia's surgery
- 11 Nov 10:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Depay hits back at critics
- 09 Nov 16:29 CRYSTAL PALACE, Pardew: "Defeating Livepool felt good. We are playing above our beliefs"
- 05 Nov 22:41 MANCHESTER CITY, Sterling: "Quality at City a step up from Liverpool"
- 05 Nov 07:30 MANCHESTER UNITED, Herrera: "Relief for Rooney's goal, he's our leader. Good defence is the key for a great season"
- 04 Nov 11:15 ARSENAL, Bellerin out for Bayern Munich
- 03 Nov 16:44 CHELSEA, Mourinho defiant: "I have years left at Chelsea"
- 03 Nov 08:57 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal: "Achieving quality playing in Premier League is hard"
- 02 Nov 22:44 ASTON VILLA, Lerner expects better
- 02 Nov 12:44 CHELSEA, Diego Costa could be banned for four matches
- 29 Oct 08:00 ARSENAL, Wenger after Gunners failure at Hillsborough: "Owls were brighter than us. I don't know the entity of Ox's and Walcott's injuries"
- 29 Oct 00:30 CHELSEA, Zola wants Blues's Terry at Qatari club
- 28 Oct 21:09 ENGLAND, Arsenal legend Henry: What I like most about Man Utd whizkid Martial
- 28 Oct 18:00 CHELSEA, Remy: "Don't sack Mourinho"
- 28 Oct 08:57 EVERTON, Martinez: "Great victory over Norwich. Robles is showing how reliable he is"
- 27 Oct 14:00 NEWCASTLE, Janmaat: "Club not in relegation fight just yet"
- 27 Oct 06:59 WEST HAM, Kouyaté: "Happy for Carroll. Being third is great"
- 26 Oct 23:30 ENGLAND, Arsenal Fined
- 26 Oct 16:00 CRYSTAL PALACE, Pardew: "Leicester's goal was our mistake"
- 26 Oct 13:44 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We have a hard-working mentality"
- 26 Oct 12:14 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Walcott deserved to start"
- 26 Oct 11:32 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "Don't need to sign anyone in January"
- 23 Oct 18:10 MANCHESTER CITY, Pellegrini thinks that fans have a right to peacefully make their feelings known
- 23 Oct 15:13 TOTTENHAM, Alderweireld after yesterday defeat: "Obviously we are disappointed"
- 23 Oct 14:59 LIVERPOOL, Mignolet:"We're still second in the group, so we can look forward"
- 23 Oct 14:46 LIVERPOOL, Origi: "Qualification is still in our own hands"
- 22 Oct 23:30 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Pardew calls for referee reviews
- 22 Oct 22:00 ENGLAND, Houllier: "Klopp ideal manager for Liverpool at this time"
- 22 Oct 20:16 ARSENAL, Ramsey ruled out for at least three weeks
- 22 Oct 20:00 LIVERPOOL Klopp sends message to Reds fans
- 21 Oct 09:27 ARSENAL, Cazorla after triumph over Bayern: "We feel very good now, we made it as a team"
- 20 Oct 17:27 ARSENAL, Wenger before umpteenth Bayern clash: "We often get good results against German giants"
- 20 Oct 12:30 CHELSEA, Pedro: "Defeating Aston Villa was important. Mourinho gives us a lot of confidence"
- 19 Oct 08:29 ARSENAL, Wenger after blasting Watford: "We showed we can be dangerous against any team"
- 16 Oct 11:42 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Finish my career at Chelsea? It's not possible"
- 16 Oct 08:29 TOTTENHAM, Vertonghen on teammate Lloris: "He's an unbelievable goalkeeper, always ready for the best save of his life"
- 15 Oct 11:45 CHELSEA, Mourinho is furious after being fined by the FA
- 15 Oct 07:57 WEST HAM, Moses: "Bilic changed our phylosophy as a team. Good to face Crystal Palace, a club I love"
- 14 Oct 12:43 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Lucas reveals Jürgen Klopp's impact so far
- 14 Oct 06:59 MANCHESTER CITY, Bad news for Pellegrini: no city derby for David Silva
- 13 Oct 13:20 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Welbeck targets January return for Gunners
- 12 Oct 06:00 CHELSEA, Hazard: "I've never been in trouble as I am now, but I'm not worried"
- 08 Oct 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Coutinho's agent: "I'm not in talks with Real Madrid"
- 07 Oct 06:29 MAN. CITY, Nasri: "I don't think I'll move back to France"
- 06 Oct 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I don't need a new contract to be motivated"
- 05 Oct 13:59 ARSENAL, Cech: "Alexis' energy is so important"
- 03 Oct 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "In Spain, Barça would be my only choice"
- 02 Oct 15:57 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I talked with my players about what we failed against Porto. Amelia? He can be the right guy for us"
- 02 Oct 06:29 EVERTON, Lukaku: "I'd like to work for Wenger"
- 01 Oct 11:30 CHELSEA, Diego Costa after Porto failure: "We need to regain our confidence"
- 29 Sep 20:19 MANCHESTER UNITED, Schweinsteiger keen to mentor Depay and Martial
- 29 Sep 19:00 ARSENAL, Ospina: "We have to impose ourselves"
- 29 Sep 18:37 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "Olympiakos? I remember my 2011 goal against them..."
- 29 Sep 17:46 BOURNEMOUTH, Long-term injury for Callum Wilson: 6 months out
- 29 Sep 14:14 CHAMPIONS, Porto - Chelsea: Possible lineups
- 29 Sep 14:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - MANCHESTER UNITED, Carrick: it will be a tough game against Wolfsburg"
- 29 Sep 13:59 CHAMPIONS, Arsenal - Olympiacos Possible lineups Outside chance of Mathieu Flamini and Mikel Arteta appearing
- 29 Sep 06:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I thought Martial was not for sale"
- 28 Sep 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "There's a group of people that don't want me here"
- 25 Sep 13:00 ENGLAND, Gerrard: “Mourinho is one of the best”
- 24 Sep 14:17 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "Happy to have defeated Birmingham, especially for our fans"
- 23 Sep 08:19 WEST HAM, Pulis: "I don't know if we'll sign Vaz Tê"
- 22 Sep 16:30 ARSENAL, Bellerín: "A move to Liga? No way, I'm staying with Gunners"
- 21 Sep 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Lloris: "I'm happy here"
- 18 Sep 13:00 CHELSEA v ARSENAL, Special Preview - One ex for every London side
- 18 Sep 07:57 LEICESTER, Mahrez's agent: "He's happy here"
- 18 Sep 06:00 Europa League Matchday 1 aftermath - TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "It's not been easy against Qarabag. Happy for Sonny"
- 18 Sep 00:59 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - DINAMO ZAGREB (Group F), former stars Modric and Kovacic: "Excited for the guys' victory over Arsenal"
- 17 Sep 17:27 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - MACCABI TEL AVIV (Group G), Jokanovic: "Chelsea played at their highest level, we're working to be more competitive"
- 17 Sep 14:07 ARSENAL, Wilshere will undergo surgery again
- 17 Sep 02:00 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - CHELSEA (Group G), Mourinho: "Winning after a long time gave us a very good feeling"
- 17 Sep 00:20 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - ARSENAL (Group F), Wenger on Zagreb failure: "We were a bit unlucky. Giroud didn't deserve to get a red card"
- 16 Sep 19:15 MANCHESTER CITY, Kompany: "There was actually nothing wrong with our performance"
- 16 Sep 16:03 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - PSV (Group B), Cocu on victory over United: "We showed anything can be achieved, if you believe in your goals"
- 16 Sep 08:39 EVERTON, Funes Mori: "I was about to join Chelsea"
- 16 Sep 01:21 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - MANCHESTER UNITED (Group B), Van Gaal after Dutch disaster: "Shaw was crying in the dressing room"
- 15 Sep 23:42 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - MANCHESTER CITY (Group D), Touré after Juventus failure: "Now we need to be strong and bounce back"
- 15 Sep 16:08 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - PSV EINDHOVEN v MANCHESTER UNITED (Group B): Depay faces his own past
- 14 Sep 08:57 CHELSEA, Matic after Goodison Park failure: "I really don't know what happened. Now let's win against Maccabi and Arsenal"
- 13 Sep 16:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal might even renew
- 12 Sep 20:00 EVERTON v CHELSEA 3-1, Matchbox: Ross Barkley got the game for Toffees
- 12 Sep 15:00 SUNDERLAND v TOTTENHAM, Special Preview - Lloris: "We need to find confidence"
- 12 Sep 10:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal on De Gea's renewal: "I'm delighted, he's one of the best in the world"
- 11 Sep 16:23 MANCHESTER UNITED v LIVERPOOL, Special Preview - Mata: "Playing against Reds is always special. Our fans are thankful from my goals from last season"
- 11 Sep 15:47 WEST HAM v NEWCASTLE, Preview - Ogbonna: "Still celebrating victory over Liverpool, and we are really focused on Magpies"
- 11 Sep 14:07 ARSENAL v STOKE CITY, Preview - Wenger: "Wilshere not available tomorrow"
- 11 Sep 08:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "Training the Dutch NT? Not now"
- 28 Nov 00:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, From UK: pantagruelic fee offer to Leo Messi
- 27 Nov 23:28 UKRAINE/ DNIPRO, Douglas' agent: "All 3 Turkish giants on him. There's already one offer"
- 27 Nov 22:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Mihajlovic admits José Mauri will leave in January
- 27 Nov 22:30 GERMANY/ AUGSBURG, Eyes on Engvall
- 27 Nov 22:00 MANCHESTER CITY, Caballero: "Hart is injured, and that's no good for us. But I have to step in"
- 27 Nov 21:27 ENGLAND/ WBA, Survey on Doucouré
- 27 Nov 20:57 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Still working on winter-signing Iturbe from AS Roma
- 27 Nov 20:29 REAL MADRID, Medical reported on Varane: 3 weeks stop
- 27 Nov 19:59 ITALY/ TORINO, Glik negotiating renewal
- 27 Nov 19:30 ISRAELI/ MACCABI TEL AVIV, 3 Bundesliga clubs surveying Zahavi
- 27 Nov 19:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Manchester City plan cash offer for Pastore
- 27 Nov 18:00 ENGLAND/ QPR, In talks with Hasselbaink as possible new manager
- 27 Nov 17:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Reopening on Cataldi's loan to Empoli
- 27 Nov 16:00 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sinama Pongolle joins Dundee United
- 27 Nov 15:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Thiago Carleto resigns from Botafogo
- 27 Nov 14:01 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mou wants Vardy and Dembele
- 27 Nov 13:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We can win Serie A"
- 27 Nov 13:02 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman insists will reject any offers for forward Sadio Mane
- 27 Nov 12:38 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Deulofeu insists he wants to stay
- 27 Nov 12:19 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Pulis would like to stay for the long term
- 27 Nov 12:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Sanchez and Vardy are like lions"
- 27 Nov 11:40 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, New Neymar deal close
- 27 Nov 11:22 ITALY/ UDINESE, Di Natale asking to quit before
- 27 Nov 10:58 ITALY/ INTER, Pirlo is still a market target
- 27 Nov 10:44 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Balotelli against Reds return
- 27 Nov 10:31 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger is targeting Lars Bender
- 27 Nov 10:15 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Messi in big-money City move
- 27 Nov 09:57 ITALY/ INTER, Sevilla and Sporting Lisbona interested in Ranocchia
- 27 Nov 00:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Possible winter attempt for Ranocchia due to Andreolli's injury
- 26 Nov 23:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Eyes on Caldara
- 26 Nov 22:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Bilic wants Gökhan Töre again with him
- 26 Nov 21:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Working on getting Benatia back
- 26 Nov 20:00 UAE/ AL-WAHDA, Back for Amauri
- 26 Nov 19:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool loan Marsh to Wednesday
- 26 Nov 19:00 BRAZIL/ GREMIO, Suggestion for Marcelo Toscano
- 26 Nov 18:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Alégué
- 26 Nov 17:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland loan Bridcutt to Leeds
- 26 Nov 17:29 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Winter suggestion for Van Persie
- 26 Nov 16:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Kingsley joins Swansea City back
- 26 Nov 16:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bruno Peres renews for Torino
- 26 Nov 16:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA JUNIORS, Done for Osvaldo's return
- 26 Nov 15:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Culpi resigns from Atletico Mineiro
- 26 Nov 14:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: bargain hunter
- 26 Nov 13:27 LEICESTER CITY & WBA, Eyes on Darikwa
- 26 Nov 12:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER 96, Lead over Werder on Lezcano
- 26 Nov 12:29 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Abramovich wants Ribéry
- 26 Nov 11:59 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Willing to bring Juan back
- 26 Nov 11:30 SWITZERLAND/ YOUNG BOYS, Planning to get Michael Frey back
- 26 Nov 11:00 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Deulofeu: "Back to Barça? No way, I love Toffees". Sums and situation
- 26 Nov 10:27 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Leroy Fer might join back in January
According to what reported by The Sun, Manchester City have submitted Barcelona FC and Argentinian NT star forward Lionel Messi (28), four times Ballon d'Or winner (all the editions from 2009 to 2012) and recordman of any kinds, both on an individual and a team level, an
Napoli captain Marek Hamsik admitted the team's exploits this season have taken him by surprise, but he feels his side can mount a
As reported on Real Madrid official site, French star centre-back Raphaël Varane fell victim of an injury, which, according to news on Spanish me
Summoned to replace Joe Hart during latest Champions League game against Juventus, due to the latter's injury, Willy Caballero, appointed as Manch
Interviewed by Maxifoot.fr, Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta stated: "My renewal with PSG? I've always been honest with the c
Scorer of the temporary equalizing goal in last Bundesliga match againt Bayern Munich, which in the end won 3-1 at Veltins-Arena, Schalke 04 risi