LIVERPOOL, Suarez: "I have no doubts"
28.09.2012 15.17 by TM W
© foto di Nicolo' Zangirolami/Image Spor
Luis Suarez has reiterated his conviction Liverpool will soon reap the rewards of their impressive early-season performances – but believes both he and the team could benefit from a change in luck.
The Reds have picked up two points from their opening five Barclays Premier League fixtures, though commanding displays against Manchester City, Sunderland and, most recently, Manchester United have merited more.
Suarez, however, remains steadfast in his belief Brendan Rodgers' side are not far away from hitting the sort of form that will elevate them up the league table.
The Uruguayan told Liverpoolfc.com: "It makes it more difficult when your opening fixtures of the season are against strong teams like Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United - they are not easy games.
"We also have new manager and I think we've been a bit unlucky at times, but we've been playing the kind of football he wants us to play.
"What everyone clearly wants from now on is to pick up as many points as we can. Everyone is keen to turn the situation around and put an end to what's happened in the last few games."
Following the recent 1-1 draw at Sunderland, Suarez took to his official Twitter account to insist the hard work being done at Melwood would soon be turned into points.
It's an opinion that was only strengthened by Liverpool's dominant performance in Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.
Suarez added: "I believe in my teammates and the quality of the individual players and the squad as a whole, that's the most important thing.
"If everyone is together and we believe in each other, that's the best way to keep moving forward. At the moment, we are not in the position where Liverpool Football Club has to be, which is battling it out at the top end of the league.
"But we've been a bit unlucky, and I still believe - and will continue to believe - that we have a lot of quality here and a manager who is giving everyone the confidence to believe in their opportunities. The results will definitely come."
Though still waiting for that first league win, Rodgers' approach - both on and off the field - has made a big impression on the Liverpool squad.
Not least on Suarez, who is relishing working under the new manager's football values.
"He has a great philosophy on how the game should be played, similar to the football you see in the Spanish league," he said. "I think we are all trying to adapt to his style and similarly he is getting used to us.
"We're trying to do our best for him and he is also a manager who really trusts in his players and backs his team. So let's hope that results start improving, based upon the togetherness of the squad working closely with the manager."
Suarez heads into this weekend's clash with Norwich City having struck three goals in seven appearances so far in 2012-13.
However, the 25-year-old is determined to improve upon that statistic - insisting he is still approaching top form this term.
He said: "As a striker, you always want to be scoring goals or making assists, and helping the team however you can.
"I know myself that I can still up my game that little bit and maybe enjoy a little bit more luck in front of goal, because it's a striker's job to score goals.
"Let's hope that both myself and the whole of the team can keep improving and pick up some good results."
Overall, Suarez has an impressive 24 goals in 59 appearances for Liverpool - though he accepts he hasn't been as prolific in front of goal in England as he was with previous club Ajax in Holland.
"I don't think that you can compare my goalscoring record at Ajax with here," he explained. "Firstly, because the Premier League is a very tough league to play in and, secondly, at Ajax I went through a period where the goals were flying in from wherever I shot. I'd get rebounds going in off my shoulder.
"I'm not getting that sort of luck at the moment. Sometimes I'm doing the hard part by getting away from the defender, but then I'm not finishing well.
"But that's what you work on in training and sometimes there's a bit of luck involved as well, but by practising hard I'm sure that the goals I want to score will come."
Liverpool's last two league outings have seen Suarez have penalty appeals waved away, but the striker is philosophical about the decisions.
He said: "There are times when the referee gets it right and others when he doesn't, but that's all part and parcel of the game.
"It's happened in the last few games, like against Manchester United when the penalty shout on me wasn't given and then the one on Valencia was, but talking about it doesn't solve anything - the referee has a split second to see an incident. Let's just hope that it doesn't happen again in the future."
Meanwhile, Suarez admits he's been deeply touched by the recent events surrounding the release of the Hillsborough Independent Panel's report.
Liverpool marked their first home game since the report was published with a series of tributes before Sunday's fixture with United.
"It's been an emotional time in every way," reflected Suarez. "I think that even the Manchester United supporters must have felt it. There was an incredible feeling amongst everyone in the stadium for those families who'd finally got the justice they'd fought for after suffering for so long.
"Everybody now knows the truth and they can rest a little easier.
"It was a very special moment to be a player out there on the field too, because of all that's been said and everything that has gone on over the years, and now, today, everyone is aware of the truth."
Other news Premier League (England)
- 29 Jul 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Chambers will stay"
- 28 Jul 06:39 PSG, David Luiz: "I hope Di Maria will join us"
- 28 Jul 06:19 MAN. CITY, Fernando: "I won't join Sporting"
- 27 Jul 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Walcott about to renew"
- 25 Jul 12:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Szczesny could go on loan to Roma"
- 24 Jul 09:59 MAN. CITY, Toure: "Happy to stay here"
- 23 Jul 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "We have talked with Fiorentina"
- 22 Jul 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We're about to sell Filipe Luis"
- 18 Jul 13:57 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal on new signings: "All very good players, but they'll have to fight in order to get to the pitch"
- 18 Jul 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "Many offers for him"
- 18 Jul 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "We are in talks for Filipe Luis"
- 17 Jul 06:59 MAN. UTD, Rooney: "Moving to the US? Could be..."
- 14 Jul 11:45 ARSENAL, Arteta: "Cech has lifted us"
- 14 Jul 10:37 LEICESTER CITY, Ranieri: "I wish to thank the owner, his son and all the executives of the Club"
- 13 Jul 06:29 MAN. UTD, Rafael's agent: "He could join Benfica"
- 10 Jul 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini's agent: "He'll stay"
- 09 Jul 06:29 ASTON VIllA, Richards: "Inter wanted me, but.."
- 08 Jul 06:29 MAN. CITY, Kompany: "I'm confident we'll make the right signings"
- 07 Jul 15:10 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Why I love our overseas fans"
- 07 Jul 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Milner: "Great to be here"
- 06 Jul 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "Relaxed about my future"
- 02 Jul 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Letting Cech leave was the right decision"
- 01 Jul 20:15 ARSENAL, Cech: "I’m sure I’ll settle quickly"
- 01 Jul 06:15 ARSENAL, Podolski: "I want to join Galatasaray"
- 30 Jun 06:19 MAN. UTD, Jones: "Happy of my new deal"
- 26 Jun 06:29 NEWCASTLE, Cabella's father: "Nothing going on with OM"
- 25 Jun 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 24 Jun 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "One day I would like to train the NT"
- 23 Jun 06:29 ARSENAL, Campbell's father: "Benfica is an option"
- 22 Jun 15:45 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Offer to Dortmund for Sven Bender ready
- 22 Jun 06:29 CHELSEA, Cech's agent: "No contacts with Inter"
- 21 Jun 09:59 MAN. CITY, Dzeko's agent: "No chances that he will leave"
- 20 Jun 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Kane: "Honoured by United's interest, but.."
- 19 Jun 06:29 MAN. UTD, Januzai's agent: "He will stay"
- 18 Jun 09:30 CHELSEA, Cuadrado: "Important to have a player like Falcao"
- 17 Jun 06:29 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "We need a new striker"
- 16 Jun 06:19 WATFORD, Anya: "I wouldn't mind an experience abroad"
- 15 Jun 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Persie: "I'm not worried about my future"
- 14 Jun 06:59 ARSENAL. Wilshere: "Happy as long as the club wants me to stay"
- 13 Jun 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "We are analysing all offers"
- 12 Jun 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Cuadrado won't be sold"
- 11 Jun 17:45 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "If I can help Falcao reach his level again, I'll do it"
- 11 Jun 06:19 ASTON VILLA, Fox: "We'll offer Benteke a new contract"
- 10 Jun 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Eriksen: "I'm not thinking about leaving"
- 09 Jun 19:30 WEST HAM/ OFFICIAL, Slaven Bilic is the new manager
- 09 Jun 06:29 CHELSEA, Cech: "My future? I keep all options open"
- 08 Jun 12:31 ARSENAL, Olivier Giroud – Fan Power Interview – AFC x PUMA
- 08 Jun 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We'll sign two or three players"
- 07 Jun 09:59 CHELSEA, Hazard: "I hope that Benteke will join us"
- 06 Jun 08:59 NEWCASTLE, Sissoko: "My future? We'll see.."
- 05 Jun 23:37 WATFORD/ OFFICIAL, Doctor House Quique Sanchez Flores is the new Watford manager
- 05 Jun 06:19 EVERTON, Lukaku: "I want to play in the Champions League"
- 04 Jun 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Persie: "I want to play every week"
- 03 Jun 06:19 WEST HAM, Valencia: "Chelsea? We'll see"
- 02 Jun 06:29 NEWCASTLE, Sissoko: "I would love to work with Mourinho"
- 01 Jun 06:29 ARSENAL, Walcott: ""I am sure things will get resolved"
- 31 May 09:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I don't see why Walcott should leave"
- 30 May 06:29 EVERTON, Henen's agent: "I think he'll stay"
- 28 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Flamini: "We can't repeat our Wembley mistake"
- 28 May 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Balotelli's agent: "He will stay"
- 27 May 16:14 ARSENAL, Giroud: "I play football to write history"
- 27 May 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "I expect a busy summer"
- 26 May 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Owning party decide: onward with Brendan Rodgers
- 26 May 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We need to sign a midfielder"
- 25 May 09:39 CHELSEA, Drogba: "Goodbye Blues, I hope I'll be back in a different role someday"
- 25 May 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini's agent: "He'll stay"
- 24 May 07:29 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "I expect Benteke to stay"
- 23 May 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "I hope Begovic will stay"
- 22 May 07:29 LIVERPOOL, Ayre: "Door always open for Gerrard"
- 21 May 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "We wanted to sign Depay"
- 20 May 06:19 WEST HAM, Gold: "We'll sign five players"
- 19 May 14:20 QPR/ OFFICIAL, Chris Ramsey signs new contract as first team manager
- 19 May 06:29 MAN. UTD, Valdés: "I am happy here"
- 18 May 06:29 MAN CITY, Pellegrini: "Touré is happy here"
- 17 May 09:30 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We'd like to keep De Gea, but.."
- 16 May 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Aguero not for sale"
- 15 May 16:59 BREAKING NEWS - WEST HAM, The new project is more and more of a temptation for Rafa Benitez
- 15 May 06:19 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "We don't need to sell our players"
- 14 May 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Reed: "I think Clyne will stay"
- 13 May 06:19 CHELSEA, Cech's agent: "We are in talks with Besiktas"
- 12 May 12:36 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Nathan: "A dream is coming true"
- 12 May 12:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "This shows how brutal football can be"
- 12 May 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Advocaat: "This is my last job"
- 11 May 06:29 LEICESTER, Pearson: "I would like to keep Cambiasso"
- 10 May 10:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I am in Abramovich's hands"
- 09 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Cazorla is an example for small-size players"
- 09 May 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Touré has a contract"
- 08 May 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "No offers for Schneiderlin"
- 07 May 19:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Depay targets trophies: "Dream, Believe, Achieve"
- 06 May 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Clyne: "I am happy here"
- 05 May 18:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Ozil and Sanchez were great against Hull. Wilshere? He found his burst again"
- 05 May 17:48 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "Premier League second place would lay a marker for us"
- 05 May 06:19 LIVERPOLL, Skrtel's agent: "No contacts with Napoli"
- 04 May 15:00 ARSENAL, Sanchez could miss 2015/16 season start
- 04 May 06:29 CHELSEA, Courtois: "Real Madrid? I'm happy here"
- 02 May 11:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal: "Di Maria has been going through a lot of troubles, but he's working very hard"
- 01 May 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Lamela: "I am happy here"
- 30 Apr 06:39 CHELSEA, Obi Mikel's agent: "Real Madrid? No comment"
- 29 Apr 12:30 MANCHESTER CITY, Yaya Tourè out two weeks
- 29 Apr 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Reed: "We won't sell out best players"
- 29 Jul 15:15 ITALY/ INTER, Suitors for Andreolli increasing
- 29 Jul 15:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Swansea City, Dzemaili gets nearer
- 29 Jul 14:45 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, French youngster Bennacer about to be announced
- 29 Jul 14:30 BREAKING NEWS - GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Trying to hijack Berbatov from Aston Villa
- 29 Jul 14:15 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Spanish talent Vallejo more and more likely to join
- 29 Jul 14:07 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal sign 1999-born Malen from Ajax
- 29 Jul 14:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Big offer for Maksimovic received
- 29 Jul 13:44 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Hernandez for replacing Adebayor
- 29 Jul 13:30 BREAKING NEWS - ITALY/ NAPOLI, Chiriches' medical checks are ok
- 29 Jul 13:15 BIG, BIG TRADES - FRANCE/ PSG, Defining details on Di Maria
- 29 Jul 13:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Duel to Espanyol on Héctor Moreno
- 29 Jul 12:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Olympique Marseille sign former Arsenal core-player Diaby
- 29 Jul 12:30 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Offer for Moussa Sow submitted to Fenerbahçe
- 29 Jul 12:15 ENGLAND/ BOLTON, Lead on Pisano over QPR
- 29 Jul 12:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New contacts for Alex Sandro
- 29 Jul 11:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, WBA sign Chester
- 29 Jul 11:30 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Muller will never leave the club
- 29 Jul 11:13 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Done for Sabelli
- 29 Jul 10:54 ITALY/ INTER, Ready 2 millions for Melo
- 29 Jul 10:25 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Gunners in for Busquets
- 29 Jul 10:09 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Campbell set for Palermo loan
- 29 Jul 10:07 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Bee Taechaubol in Milan city: soon a meeting with Berlusconi
- 29 Jul 10:06 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, discussing personal terms with Berbatov
- 29 Jul 09:33 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, CD Nacional sign Agra
- 29 Jul 09:00 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Eyes on Soldado
- 29 Jul 08:45 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Samaras likely to join
- 29 Jul 08:30 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eyes on Djuricic
- 29 Jul 08:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Agreement for Astori
- 29 Jul 08:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Lead on Dragovic
- 29 Jul 07:40 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Also Arsenal after Callejon
- 29 Jul 07:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera is no longer the NT coach
- 29 Jul 06:57 PSG, Blanc: "Optimistic about Di Maria"
- 29 Jul 06:39 WOLFSBURG, Perisic's agent: "He's about to join Inter"
- 29 Jul 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Chambers will stay"
- 29 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "In the future I could move abroad"
- 29 Jul 00:00 ATALANTA, Sartori: "Denis will stay"
- 28 Jul 23:37 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New offer for Lacazette ready
- 28 Jul 23:17 SPAIN/ RCD ESPANYOL, Done for Roco
- 28 Jul 22:59 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Done for Chiriches
- 28 Jul 22:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Aston Villa sign Crespo
- 28 Jul 22:20 ITALY/ GENOA, Perotti could renew
- 28 Jul 22:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Rodrigues joins Sao Paulo
- 28 Jul 21:37 ITALY/ INTER, Back for Zhang
- 28 Jul 21:17 BRAZIL/ BOTAFOGO, Eyes on Nestkz
- 28 Jul 20:59 FRANCE/ OM, Agreement with Diaby
- 28 Jul 20:39 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Thiam joins Zulte Waregem
- 28 Jul 20:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Carpi sign Martinho
- 28 Jul 20:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Baldé renews with Benfica
- 28 Jul 19:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Agra quits Betis
- 28 Jul 19:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Palermo sign El Kaoutari
According to Metro UK, French Under-18 international midfielder Ismaël Bennacer (17), after a long negotiation with Manchester City failed, is about to leave Arles-Avignon and join Arsenal Academy on a 4 years deal.
Interviewed by Sportitalia, Atalanta Sporting Director Giovanni Sartori has declared about 33-year-old striker German Denis: "He is not for sale.
Interviewed by Capitaldeporte.com, Sevilla coach Unai Emery has declared: "We want to do well in the Champions League. My future? When my contrac
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared about 20-year-old defender Calum Chambers: "Southampton didn’t try to get him back on loan and I
Interviewed by L'Equipe, PSG midfielder Thiago Motta has declared: "I want to leave the club. I have always been honest. I need new motivatio
Interviewed by fantagazzetta.com, Tonci Martic, agent of Wolfsburg winger Ivan Perisic, has declared: "I think that the negotiation with Inter Mi