LIVERPOOL, Suarez: "I have no doubts"
28.09.2012 14.17 by TM W
© foto di Nicolo' Zangirolami/Image Spor
Luis Suarez has reiterated his conviction Liverpool will soon reap the rewards of their impressive early-season performances – but believes both he and the team could benefit from a change in luck.
The Reds have picked up two points from their opening five Barclays Premier League fixtures, though commanding displays against Manchester City, Sunderland and, most recently, Manchester United have merited more.
Suarez, however, remains steadfast in his belief Brendan Rodgers' side are not far away from hitting the sort of form that will elevate them up the league table.
The Uruguayan told Liverpoolfc.com: "It makes it more difficult when your opening fixtures of the season are against strong teams like Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United - they are not easy games.
"We also have new manager and I think we've been a bit unlucky at times, but we've been playing the kind of football he wants us to play.
"What everyone clearly wants from now on is to pick up as many points as we can. Everyone is keen to turn the situation around and put an end to what's happened in the last few games."
Following the recent 1-1 draw at Sunderland, Suarez took to his official Twitter account to insist the hard work being done at Melwood would soon be turned into points.
It's an opinion that was only strengthened by Liverpool's dominant performance in Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.
Suarez added: "I believe in my teammates and the quality of the individual players and the squad as a whole, that's the most important thing.
"If everyone is together and we believe in each other, that's the best way to keep moving forward. At the moment, we are not in the position where Liverpool Football Club has to be, which is battling it out at the top end of the league.
"But we've been a bit unlucky, and I still believe - and will continue to believe - that we have a lot of quality here and a manager who is giving everyone the confidence to believe in their opportunities. The results will definitely come."
Though still waiting for that first league win, Rodgers' approach - both on and off the field - has made a big impression on the Liverpool squad.
Not least on Suarez, who is relishing working under the new manager's football values.
"He has a great philosophy on how the game should be played, similar to the football you see in the Spanish league," he said. "I think we are all trying to adapt to his style and similarly he is getting used to us.
"We're trying to do our best for him and he is also a manager who really trusts in his players and backs his team. So let's hope that results start improving, based upon the togetherness of the squad working closely with the manager."
Suarez heads into this weekend's clash with Norwich City having struck three goals in seven appearances so far in 2012-13.
However, the 25-year-old is determined to improve upon that statistic - insisting he is still approaching top form this term.
He said: "As a striker, you always want to be scoring goals or making assists, and helping the team however you can.
"I know myself that I can still up my game that little bit and maybe enjoy a little bit more luck in front of goal, because it's a striker's job to score goals.
"Let's hope that both myself and the whole of the team can keep improving and pick up some good results."
Overall, Suarez has an impressive 24 goals in 59 appearances for Liverpool - though he accepts he hasn't been as prolific in front of goal in England as he was with previous club Ajax in Holland.
"I don't think that you can compare my goalscoring record at Ajax with here," he explained. "Firstly, because the Premier League is a very tough league to play in and, secondly, at Ajax I went through a period where the goals were flying in from wherever I shot. I'd get rebounds going in off my shoulder.
"I'm not getting that sort of luck at the moment. Sometimes I'm doing the hard part by getting away from the defender, but then I'm not finishing well.
"But that's what you work on in training and sometimes there's a bit of luck involved as well, but by practising hard I'm sure that the goals I want to score will come."
Liverpool's last two league outings have seen Suarez have penalty appeals waved away, but the striker is philosophical about the decisions.
He said: "There are times when the referee gets it right and others when he doesn't, but that's all part and parcel of the game.
"It's happened in the last few games, like against Manchester United when the penalty shout on me wasn't given and then the one on Valencia was, but talking about it doesn't solve anything - the referee has a split second to see an incident. Let's just hope that it doesn't happen again in the future."
Meanwhile, Suarez admits he's been deeply touched by the recent events surrounding the release of the Hillsborough Independent Panel's report.
Liverpool marked their first home game since the report was published with a series of tributes before Sunday's fixture with United.
"It's been an emotional time in every way," reflected Suarez. "I think that even the Manchester United supporters must have felt it. There was an incredible feeling amongst everyone in the stadium for those families who'd finally got the justice they'd fought for after suffering for so long.
"Everybody now knows the truth and they can rest a little easier.
"It was a very special moment to be a player out there on the field too, because of all that's been said and everything that has gone on over the years, and now, today, everyone is aware of the truth."
Other news Premier League (England)
- 28 May 15:40 Leicester, for Ranieri ready a contract from about 4 mln euro per year
- 28 May 14:41 Tottenham, Pochettino yesterday in Dublin to observe Janssen
- 27 May 18:33 MANCHESTER UNITED, Mourinho: "I prefer to focus on the giant club I have in my hands now "
- 27 May 11:14 MANCHESTER UNITED - Henry: "Mourinho starts a new era"
- 26 May 22:27 Chelsea, Courtois: "I will stay at Chelsea. If nothing happens strange"
- 26 May 21:17 Gallas on Conte: "At Chelsea will bring discipline and will to win"
- 25 May 22:41 OFFICIAL: Arsenal, Arteta and Rosicky do not renew contracts
- 25 May 15:03 ARSENAL - Xhaka: "It's an honour to play for Arsenal"
- 23 May 22:02 OFFICIAL: Manchester United, Louis Van Gaal leaves the club
- 20 May 16:35 OFFICIAL: Bournemouth, Adam Smith renews until 30 June 2020
- 19 May 16:32 CRYSTAL PALACE - Cabaye: "The FA Cup is important"
- 19 May 12:43 ARSENAL, Arteta: "I have not been good enough for Gunners"
- 18 May 17:22 MANCHESTER UNITED - Van Gaal: "Fans expect too much"
- 18 May 16:57 MANCHESTER UNITED - Quinn: "I just love watching Rashford play"
- 18 May 16:28 LIVERPOOL - Klopp: "Players to become legends"
- 18 May 10:23 MANCHESTER UNITED - Schmeichel sr.: "A boring season for us"
- 17 May 22:47 Liverpool, Coutinho: "It will certainly be a great final. We hope to win"
- 17 May 17:58 EVERTON - Lukaku: "It's been a difficult year for the fans"
- 17 May 11:21 CRYSTAL PALACE - Adebayor uncertain over future
- 17 May 10:42 ASTON VILLA - Bevington to step up
- 16 May 17:28 LIVERPOOL - Milner text Brad Smith concerning red card
- 16 May 17:13 ARSENAL - Arteta: "A big thank you to everyone"
- 15 May 21:55 Southampton, Koeman : "Unbelievable season, I'm speechless "
- 15 May 21:30 Chelsea,Terry : "Congratulations to Ranieri, Hiddink is a great man"
- 15 May 21:07 Arteta leaves Arsenal : "A privilege to have played here, thanks for these years"
- 15 May 21:06 NORWICH manager Neil wants to stay
- 15 May 21:02 ARSENAL - Tomas Rosicky and Mikel Arteta end careers at Arsenal
- 15 May 14:12 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Benitez: "We want to do well for the fans"
- 15 May 13:42 CHELSEA - Willian: "Victory over Leicester will show we're improving"
- 14 May 18:18 WATFORD - Flores preparing for emotional farewell
- 14 May 17:48 MANCHESTER CITY - Ancelotti: 'Pep will get sacked'
- 14 May 16:42 MANCHESTER UNITED - Howe: "A deeper role suits Rooney"
- 14 May 15:58 MANCHESTER UNITED - Rooney: "The future is bright for United"
- 14 May 15:11 WEST BROM - Pulis: "Fletcher is fantastic"
- 14 May 11:22 WATFORD - Ighalo: "I am still happy I stayed"
- 14 May 10:58 MANCHESTER UNITED - Rashford could be picked for England
- 14 May 10:42 CHELSEA - A special gift to Guus Hiddink
- 14 May 10:21 ARSENAL - Wilshere says goodbye to Rosicky
- 14 May 09:38 ARSENAL - Wenger uncertain about future
- 14 May 08:29 EVERTON - Howard: "We need to take full responsibility for the sack"
- 13 May 21:32 WEST HAM - Bilic offers apology for pre-game incidents against Manchester United
- 13 May 20:02 LEICESTER - Vardy: "Man City win was the turning point"
- 13 May 19:04 MANCHESTER CITY - Pellegrini urges team to take advantage"
- 13 May 18:28 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Shearer: "They got what they deserved"
- 13 May 15:16 CHELSEA - Willian: "We're already thinking about next season"
- 13 May 13:17 SOUTHAMPTON - Forster and Ward-Prowse sign long-term deals
- 13 May 12:49 ARSENAL - Ramsey: "We slipped up"
- 13 May 09:47 BOURNEMOUTH - Iturbe set for La Liga move
- 12 May 15:37 MANCHESTER UNITED - Lowest PL points ever for Red Devils
- 12 May 14:12 SUNDERLAND - Allardyce praises his Sunderland team
- 12 May 13:39 EVERTON - Martinez: "We need to win football games"
- 12 May 12:44 CHELSEA - Hiddink praises Blues youngster Tammy Abraham
- 12 May 12:35 CHELSEA - Hiddink: “I’m disappointed not to have three points
- 12 May 12:14 LIVERPOOL - Klopp: "We didn't defend well"
- 12 May 09:51 SWANSEA - President Statement
- 12 May 09:02 SWANSEA to keep Francesco Guidolin
- 11 May 19:00 SWANSEA CITY/ OFFICIAL, Francesco Guidolin renews
- 11 May 18:32 CHELSEA, Oscar: "I can do better"
- 11 May 18:14 SUNDERLAND - Borini: "I like the pressure"
- 11 May 15:12 EVERTON - Martinez backing Lukaku tonight
- 11 May 14:44 WEST HAM - Souness: "West Ham fans should be banned for life"
- 11 May 13:16 NEWCASTLE, 6,5 million to Benitez to stay
- 10 May 20:44 STOKE CITY - Stephen Ireland suffers leg break
- 10 May 19:24 LEICESTER - Ranieri: "Our success not as big as Clough's Forest"
- 10 May 18:56 LIVERPOOL - Klopp: "I'm really looking forward to next season"
- 10 May 17:52 LIVERPOOL - Klopp: "We created stability at Anfield"
- 10 May 17:27 MANCHESTER UNITED - Schneiderlin: "I will return very strong next season"
- 09 May 20:36 EVERTON - could sack Martinez for Frank de Boer
- 08 May 14:40 ARSENAL - Premier League era of 'big 4' over according to Wenger
- 08 May 13:38 WBA target Brendan Rodgers if Tony Pulis leaves
- 08 May 12:52 WATFORD to move for Jerome Sinclair
- 07 May 19:37 WBA - Pulis on Berahino: "My chairman doesn't do bargains"
- 06 May 21:30 TOTTENHAM - Dembele hit with 6 match suspension
- 06 May 17:58 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Shelvey: "It's not about Sunderland, it's about us"
- 06 May 16:58 WEST HAM - Adrian out for rest of the season
- 06 May 14:52 MANCHESTER UNITED - Smalling: "It's about repaying LVG"
- 06 May 13:11 BOURNEMOUTH to let Iturbe go
- 06 May 11:57 WBA - Pulis on Berahino: "He might even extend"
- 06 May 10:09 SOUTHAMPTON and WEST HAM target Townsend
- 05 May 10:34 LEICESTER tried to appoint Hiddink
- 05 May 09:17 WATFORD to win the battle over GRANADA' s Success
- 04 May 12:42 CHELSEA - PSG keen on Eden Hazard
- 04 May 12:31 LIVERPOOL - Doucoure on target
- 04 May 11:53 PREMIER LEAGUE - Ranieri: "We don't need superstars"
- 04 May 10:46 CHELSEA - Conte: "Ranieri did an outstanding job"
- 04 May 09:47 HUDDERSFIELD - Danny Ward on target
- 04 May 09:26 LIVERPOOL - Caulker to leave
- 03 May 18:33 MANCHESTER UNITED - Fellaini and Huth face 3 match ban
- 03 May 18:02 TOTTENHAM - Rose: "I'm sorry if it looked bad on TV"
- 03 May 17:22 LIVERPOOL - Can back to training
- 03 May 16:57 STOKE CITY - Club announces new kit makers
- 03 May 16:22 LEICESTER - Ranieri: "We won't defend our title next year"
- 03 May 15:42 LIVERPOOL - Sakho given worldwide ban
- 03 May 15:20 TOTTENHAM - Kane: "It's just a disappointing night"
- 03 May 14:47 EVERTON - Jagielka to return before end of season
- 03 May 14:13 MANCHESTER UNITED - David De Gea breaks award record
- 02 May 17:02 ASTON VILLA - Chris Herd set for a return to Australia
- 02 May 15:38 BIRMINGHAM CITY - To bid for Morgan Fox
- 02 May 15:23 EVERTON - To appoint Low after Euro 2016
- 02 May 14:32 SUNDERLAND - Big Sam to be confirmed also with relegation
- 31 May 01:00 BREAKING NEWS - STOKE CITY, Offer and salary submitted to Zenit and Witsel
- 31 May 00:45 MANCHESTER UNITED, In talks with Sunderland for Pickford
- 31 May 00:30 LAZIO & AC MILAN, A rival towards Zappacosta
- 31 May 00:15 PSG, Sirigu's agent: "Never talked to Napoli, but that would be beautiful"
- 31 May 00:00 BREAKING NEWS - WEST HAM, Cash offer submitted to AC Milan for Bacca
- 30 May 22:59 Italy, those who will not be called up
- 30 May 22:21 OFFICIAL: Lokomotiv Moscow, no contract's renewal for Sheshukov and Grigoriev
- 30 May 22:08 Lazio, Tounkara could leave, likes to Genoa and Granada
- 30 May 21:46 OFFICIAL: Levante, contract's renewal for Remeseiro and Martin
- 30 May 21:43 OFFICIAL: Estoril, Fabiano Soares coach confirmed
- 30 May 21:38 Ligue 1, De Ceglie is the worst player
- 30 May 21:34 MANCHESTER CITY - Pellegrini: "I will retire if nothing interesting comes"
- 30 May 21:24 OFFICIAL: Sevilla, Samuel Perez signed until 2018
- 30 May 21:08 Lazio target Brazilian Barcelona winger Adriano
- 30 May 21:06 SPAIN - Carvajal to miss Euro's
- 30 May 20:43 GERMANY - Hummels: "It's going to take a while until I can kick a ball again"
- 30 May 20:19 ENGLAND - Sturridge returns to training
- 30 May 19:51 MANCHESTER CITY - Pellegrini will retire
- 30 May 19:26 LEICESTER CITY - Kante 'happy' at foxes
- 30 May 19:06 LIVERPOOL target Mahmoud Dahoud
- 30 May 18:47 PSG - Silva's agent does not rule our MAN UTD move
- 30 May 18:32 NAPOLI - Higuain wants to play at LIVERPOOL
- 30 May 18:19 ARSENAL - Crowley on another loan
- 30 May 18:15 ROMA - Manolas to get new deal?
- 30 May 18:03 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Gnoukouri might pick up from Diawara's course
- 30 May 17:47 FEYENOORD, Vilhena's agent: "In talks with 7 clubs. Inter leading the race"
- 30 May 17:35 BAYERN MUNICH - Rummenigge: "Robben and Ribery can extend"
- 30 May 17:17 SOUTHAMPTON, Renewal offer submitted to Shane Long
- 30 May 17:02 DERBY boss Nigel Pearson wants to sign LEICESTER CITY duo
- 30 May 16:45 MANCHESTER UNITED, Mou trying to snatch André Gomes from Juventus
- 30 May 16:31 JUVENTUS - SPURS and WEST HAM on Pereyra, CHELSEA on Asamoah
- 30 May 16:17 AS ROMA, Dzeko puzzled about Galatasaray move chance
- 30 May 16:03 INTER keen on RIVER PLATE defender Mammana
- 30 May 15:46 AS ROMA, Renewal offer submitted to Manolas
- 30 May 15:30 JUVENTUS, Developing an opening from AS Roma on Pjanic
- 30 May 15:15 AC MILAN & REAL MADRID, Kovacic talks started
- 30 May 15:00 PORTO, Agreement with Corinthians on Felipe Monteiro
- 30 May 14:45 INTER, Trying to snatch Jeffrey Bruma from Wolfsburg
- 30 May 14:43 MANCHESTER UNITED - official RASHFORD sings new deal
- 30 May 14:30 ARSENAL & BESIKTAS, Agreement on Ospina is near
- 30 May 14:15 TORINO, Mihajlovic wants to swoop in for Giaccherini
- 30 May 14:00 INTER ready to sell Colombian defender Murillo for £20m
- 30 May 13:45 ATLETICO MADRID negotiate with INTER to sign Brozovic
- 30 May 13:30 ZENIT & GENOA, Negotiation on Ansaldi's full-basis move ongoing
- 30 May 13:18 ROMA - Szczesny will renews his loan deal from ARSENAL
- 30 May 13:01 WEST HAM - Payet: "I should probably remain with Hammers next season"
- 30 May 12:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AC Milan, survey on Selke
- 30 May 12:30 PSG, Cash assault on Everton ready for signing Lukaku
- 30 May 12:15 FIORENTINA, Bartra might join on an 8 million € offer
- 30 May 12:00 WIGAN, Warnock joining Latics this summer
According to latest news, both coming from Italian and UK sources, West Ham have just submitted AC Milan a 20 million euros offer in order to purchase Colombian international striker Carlos Bacca (29), possibly leaving Italian, despite playing for them just since last summer, due
According to Sky Sport 24 Silvio Berlusconi has spoken about the negotiations for Milan sale with the Chinese group even saying a joke: "I
After having already trained them back in 2003/04, Spanish 61 years old Juande Ramos has been appointed again Malaga manager. Former Dnipro Dnipr
According to Daily Telegraph Claudio Ranieri is close to renewal's contract with Leicester. Italian coach, who won the last edition of the Premier
Paolo De Ceglie was elected Ligue 1 worst player. Juventus winger has gathered the most votes (42%) in the survey launched on RMC frequencies. For him
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told Kicker magazine that he has discussed with Mario Gotze his future at the club and told him he needs