LIVERPOOL, Suarez: "I have no doubts"
28.09.2012 15.17 by TM W
© foto di Nicolo' Zangirolami/Image Spor
Luis Suarez has reiterated his conviction Liverpool will soon reap the rewards of their impressive early-season performances – but believes both he and the team could benefit from a change in luck.
The Reds have picked up two points from their opening five Barclays Premier League fixtures, though commanding displays against Manchester City, Sunderland and, most recently, Manchester United have merited more.
Suarez, however, remains steadfast in his belief Brendan Rodgers' side are not far away from hitting the sort of form that will elevate them up the league table.
The Uruguayan told Liverpoolfc.com: "It makes it more difficult when your opening fixtures of the season are against strong teams like Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United - they are not easy games.
"We also have new manager and I think we've been a bit unlucky at times, but we've been playing the kind of football he wants us to play.
"What everyone clearly wants from now on is to pick up as many points as we can. Everyone is keen to turn the situation around and put an end to what's happened in the last few games."
Following the recent 1-1 draw at Sunderland, Suarez took to his official Twitter account to insist the hard work being done at Melwood would soon be turned into points.
It's an opinion that was only strengthened by Liverpool's dominant performance in Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.
Suarez added: "I believe in my teammates and the quality of the individual players and the squad as a whole, that's the most important thing.
"If everyone is together and we believe in each other, that's the best way to keep moving forward. At the moment, we are not in the position where Liverpool Football Club has to be, which is battling it out at the top end of the league.
"But we've been a bit unlucky, and I still believe - and will continue to believe - that we have a lot of quality here and a manager who is giving everyone the confidence to believe in their opportunities. The results will definitely come."
Though still waiting for that first league win, Rodgers' approach - both on and off the field - has made a big impression on the Liverpool squad.
Not least on Suarez, who is relishing working under the new manager's football values.
"He has a great philosophy on how the game should be played, similar to the football you see in the Spanish league," he said. "I think we are all trying to adapt to his style and similarly he is getting used to us.
"We're trying to do our best for him and he is also a manager who really trusts in his players and backs his team. So let's hope that results start improving, based upon the togetherness of the squad working closely with the manager."
Suarez heads into this weekend's clash with Norwich City having struck three goals in seven appearances so far in 2012-13.
However, the 25-year-old is determined to improve upon that statistic - insisting he is still approaching top form this term.
He said: "As a striker, you always want to be scoring goals or making assists, and helping the team however you can.
"I know myself that I can still up my game that little bit and maybe enjoy a little bit more luck in front of goal, because it's a striker's job to score goals.
"Let's hope that both myself and the whole of the team can keep improving and pick up some good results."
Overall, Suarez has an impressive 24 goals in 59 appearances for Liverpool - though he accepts he hasn't been as prolific in front of goal in England as he was with previous club Ajax in Holland.
"I don't think that you can compare my goalscoring record at Ajax with here," he explained. "Firstly, because the Premier League is a very tough league to play in and, secondly, at Ajax I went through a period where the goals were flying in from wherever I shot. I'd get rebounds going in off my shoulder.
"I'm not getting that sort of luck at the moment. Sometimes I'm doing the hard part by getting away from the defender, but then I'm not finishing well.
"But that's what you work on in training and sometimes there's a bit of luck involved as well, but by practising hard I'm sure that the goals I want to score will come."
Liverpool's last two league outings have seen Suarez have penalty appeals waved away, but the striker is philosophical about the decisions.
He said: "There are times when the referee gets it right and others when he doesn't, but that's all part and parcel of the game.
"It's happened in the last few games, like against Manchester United when the penalty shout on me wasn't given and then the one on Valencia was, but talking about it doesn't solve anything - the referee has a split second to see an incident. Let's just hope that it doesn't happen again in the future."
Meanwhile, Suarez admits he's been deeply touched by the recent events surrounding the release of the Hillsborough Independent Panel's report.
Liverpool marked their first home game since the report was published with a series of tributes before Sunday's fixture with United.
"It's been an emotional time in every way," reflected Suarez. "I think that even the Manchester United supporters must have felt it. There was an incredible feeling amongst everyone in the stadium for those families who'd finally got the justice they'd fought for after suffering for so long.
"Everybody now knows the truth and they can rest a little easier.
"It was a very special moment to be a player out there on the field too, because of all that's been said and everything that has gone on over the years, and now, today, everyone is aware of the truth."
Other news Premier League (England)
- 01 Aug 06:19 MAN. CITY, Milner: "I would like to stay, but.."
- 31 Jul 06:19 MAN. UTD, Hernandez: "My future? Only God knows"
- 30 Jul 06:19 MANCHESTER CITY, Dzeko: "I am in talk for a new contract"
- 29 Jul 13:41 MANCHESTER UNITED, van Gaal: "I don't sign players for pleasure"
- 29 Jul 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Reed: "We'll keep on signing young players"
- 28 Jul 12:43 ARSENAL on Twitter, Colombian goalkeeper Ospina in his new Gunnner kit
- 28 Jul 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Ospina will provide us a great improvement"
- 27 Jul 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Jovetic will stay"
- 26 Jul 08:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We didn't sign Shaw because..."
- 25 Jul 20:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Drogba is coming not because he made history, but 'cause he wants to make more history"
- 25 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Javi Garcia's agent: "We are not in talks with Napoli"
- 24 Jul 08:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "New signings possible"
- 23 Jul 08:15 TOTTENHAM, Lamela: "Never thought about leaving"
- 21 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Woodward: "We will invest on the transfer market"
- 20 Jul 08:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I can't assure Vermaelen will stay"
- 19 Jul 08:29 QPR, Fernandes: "I would like to keep Taarabt"
- 18 Jul 08:19 ARSENAL, Debuchy: "I'm in one of the biggest clubs in the world"
- 17 Jul 20:01 MANCHESTER UTD, Van Gaal: "My method is always the same"
- 17 Jul 08:30 TOTTEMHAM, Pochettino: "Happy for Lloris"
- 16 Jul 08:15 CHELSEA, Piazon: "I don't know what's going to happen"
- 15 Jul 08:39 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "I want to stay for many years"
- 14 Jul 16:01 MANCHESTER UNITED, Agreement with Adidas reached
- 14 Jul 15:15 TOTTENHAM, Medical report on Adebayor's malaria
- 14 Jul 08:30 ARSENAL, Gazidis: "We will only sign stars"
- 13 Jul 09:57 OL, Fournier: "Grenier could leave"
- 13 Jul 08:59 SWANSEA. Jenkins: "Fernandez? We need no defenders"
- 11 Jul 08:29 ARSENAL, Sanchez: "Happy to be here"
- 10 Jul 08:30 ARSENAL, Arteta's agent: "He is happy in London"
- 08 Jul 08:30 CHELSEA, Lukaku: "There are choices to make"
- 07 Jul 08:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Lovren: "My head is already at Liverpool"
- 04 Jul 08:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Ferdinand has accepted our offer"
- 03 Jul 08:19 QPR, Faurlin: "Happy of my new contract"
- 01 Jul 08:15 SWANSEA, Jenkins: "No enquiries for Jenkins"
- 28 Jun 08:29 MAN. UTD, Shaw: "I am here to win trophies"
- 26 Jun 15:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker : "It’s so special to face Klinsmann"
- 26 Jun 08:19 MAN. UTD, Hernandez: "Very few people have shown faith in me"
- 25 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Oscar: "I will stay"
- 24 Jun 18:15 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "FIFA must apologize to Costa Rica"
- 24 Jun 08:19 LIVERPOOL, Suarez's father-in-law: "He should move to Spain"
- 23 Jun 08:15 MAN. UTD, Fellaini: "I am not looking for a move"
- 22 Jun 08:59 QPR, Mbia: "My dream is to be coached by Mourinho"
- 21 Jun 08:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Training the English NT? Not yet"
- 20 Jun 21:44 CHELSEA, VIDEO: Mourinho: "Ozil is special"
- 20 Jun 20:44 MANCHESTER CITY, Ibrahim Toure dies at 28
- 20 Jun 15:22 CHELSEA,VIDEO: Mourinho: "All the World stops for the World Cup"
- 20 Jun 08:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "I am not intentioned to leave"
- 19 Jun 17:00 ARSENAL, Macey: "I can’t remember having a bad day here"
- 19 Jun 08:19 MAN. UTD, Buttner: "It's time for me to leave"
- 18 Jun 11:40 ARSENAL, Balotelli signing would represent Wenger's greatest Arsenal gamble
- 18 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Fabregas: "I didn't leave Barça for a specific reason"
- 17 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Lukaku: "Proud of Juventus'interest, but.."
- 16 Jun 08:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Campbell will come back to us"
- 14 Jun 08:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "I am happy here"
- 13 Jun 08:15 MAN. CITY, Kolarov's agent: "Happy of my new contract"
- 12 Jun 18:30 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "Blues were the best option, with hunger for winning and an incredible manager"
- 12 Jun 08:19 MAN. CITY, Toure's father: "He won't leave"
- 11 Jun 19:30 ARSENAL, Ozil on World Cup: "Löw made us strong and respected, he deserves to win this time"
- 11 Jun 18:15 ARSENAL, Koscielny on World Cup: "We are not favourites. Experienced player will have to help the young ones"
- 11 Jun 08:15 CHELSEA, Hazard: "I am not joining PSG"
- 10 Jun 17:00 ARSENAL, Podolski on World Cup: "Passing the group won't be the easy"
- 10 Jun 13:30 ARSENAL, Ramsey on World Cup: "Brazil have good chances, Argentina and Spain too. I want to get qualified for the next one with Wales"
- 10 Jun 08:19 WEST BROMWICH, Burton: "We won't sell Thorne"
- 09 Jun 08:15 CHELSEA, Lampard: "Selling Sturridge was a mistake"
- 08 Jun 08:59 CHELSEA, Lukaku: "Many clubs are interested in me"
- 07 Jun 20:59 ARSENAL, Giroud on World Cup: "We reconciled with French fans, we've got good chances to win"
- 07 Jun 08:29 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "We need a striker"
- 06 Jun 15:30 ARSENAL, Mertesacker on World Cup: "We can win it, and we'll need team spirit for that"
- 06 Jun 12:45 ARSENAL, Sagna on World Cup: "1994 Brazil played in a magical way"
- 06 Jun 08:30 NEWCASTLE, Santon: "Roma and Milan after me"
- 05 Jun 08:19 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "Back to Italy? I don't think so"
- 04 Jun 12:45 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "Being respected by teammates helps you perform better"
- 04 Jun 08:19 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "I hope Fabregas will join"
- 03 Jun 13:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on his renewal: "I'll keep develop Gunners team and club. We are ready for a new great Arsenal to emerge"
- 03 Jun 08:19 STOKE, Coates: "We hope to sign Diouf"
- 01 Jun 08:59 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I would like Iniesta to join us"
- 31 May 17:59 LIVERPOOL, Skrtel: "I succeeded in playing so much due to my effort in training"
- 31 May 08:29 MAN. CITY, Aguero's father: "He would be delighted to join Barcelona"
- 30 May 12:15 ARSENAL, Ramsey on the season: "Some frustrating moments, but we finished off strong"
- 30 May 08:19 ARSENAL, Sagna: "I am leaving"
- 29 May 19:15 ARSENAL, Ozil's greetings to Fabianski
- 29 May 08:19 QPR, Redknapp: "I don't think Remy will come back"
- 28 May 19:14 ARSENAL, Ozil: "I want to become Germany legend at World Cup"
- 28 May 08:19 NEWCASTLE, Santon's agent: "Roma and Napoli? Just rumors"
- 27 May 08:19 ARSENAL, Podolski: "I am happy here"
- 26 May 08:15 TOTTENHAM, Vertonghen: "I am happy here"
- 25 May 08:59 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "I am staying"
- 23 May 08:19 SWANSEA, Monk: "Michu not for sale"
- 22 May 08:15 NEWCASTLE, Sissoko's agent: "Open to all proposals"
- 21 May 08:19 LIVERPOOL, Agger: "My future? It's not up to me"
- 20 May 08:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Schneiderlin: "I want Champions League football"
- 19 May 15:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "We worked hard for get back winning together with the manager and the fans"
- 19 May 13:30 ARSENAL, Captain Vermaelen after FA Cup lifting: "It was unbelievable, we worked a lot for that"
- 19 May 12:30 ARSENAL, Ramsey on FA Cup victory score: "It was the most important goal of my time here"
- 19 May 11:15 ARSENAL, Wenger celebrates: "I tried desperately not to go to penalties"
- 19 May 08:15 MAN. CITY, Milner: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 18 May 08:59 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "No regrets about coming here"
- 17 May 17:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Cazorla: "It's been tough getting here. I love the Wembley one game-final formula"
- 17 May 16:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Giroud: "I'm used to manage the pressure"
- 17 May 15:00 FA Cup Final Preview - HULL CITY, Bruce: "Of course Arsenal are the favourite ones, but that's a one-off game, which often gives shocking outcomes"
- 17 May 14:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Ozil: "Excited for my Wembley debut. We had troubles, now we want to repay the fans"
- 01 Aug 21:20 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Done for Romulo
- 01 Aug 21:00 NORWAY/ STROMSGODSET, Auction for Ödegaard
- 01 Aug 20:37 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Mission for Campbell
- 01 Aug 20:17 PARAGUAY/ OFFICIAL, Olimpia sign Acuña
- 01 Aug 19:59 ITALY/ LAZIO, Contacts for Jesé Rodriguez
- 01 Aug 19:39 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, PSV sign Lukovic
- 01 Aug 19:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Sandro
- 01 Aug 19:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL,Ochoa joins Malaga
- 01 Aug 18:44 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMTON, Koeman: "We are looking for the best for Osvaldo"
- 01 Aug 18:31 TURKEY/ TRABZONSPOR, Eyes on Cardozo
- 01 Aug 18:14 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, a season-long loan deal for Facundo Ferreyra
- 01 Aug 18:00 ITALY/ PARMA, Munari can move on loan to Watford
- 01 Aug 17:47 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Ural: arrive Ivan Chudin and Yaroshenko
- 01 Aug 17:35 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Lica joins Rayo Vallecano
- 01 Aug 17:24 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hangeland joins Crystal Palace
- 01 Aug 17:13 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Campell is part of my plans"
- 01 Aug 16:58 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Dier move agreed
- 01 Aug 16:50 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "It's a possibility that Vermaelen goes"
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 16:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Survey on Mandanda
- 01 Aug 16:15 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, 15 million euros needed for purchasing Mustafi: Juventus, AC Milan and Wolfsburg await
- 01 Aug 16:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ultimate move for Moreno ready
- 01 Aug 15:45 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Duel to PSG for Cech
- 01 Aug 15:30 ITALY/ PALERMO, Feddal about to be signed
- 01 Aug 15:15 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Luna more and more likely to join Italian side
- 01 Aug 15:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Willing to blaze Borussia on Kagawa: United's request
- 01 Aug 14:44 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Suggestion for Pinilla
- 01 Aug 14:30 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa, new effort for Niang: the alternative is Baptistao
- 01 Aug 14:13 CROATIA/ OFFICIAL, Milevsky joins Hajduk Spalato
- 01 Aug 14:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa target Cristian Zapata from AC Milan
- 01 Aug 13:45 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Nathan Aké might be loaned out to Derby County
- 01 Aug 13:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Ultimate strain for signing Hummels
- 01 Aug 13:15 ITALY/ INTER, Lead on Biabiany: Botta as a counterpart
- 01 Aug 13:02 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Seferovic joins Eintracht Frankfurt
- 01 Aug 13:00 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Obinna set to join if Bianchi trade fails
- 01 Aug 12:54 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Puyol gives the jersey number 5 to Busquets
- 01 Aug 12:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ryo Miyaichi's future in jeopardy
- 01 Aug 12:31 ITALY/ JUVE, Thinking about Vlaar
- 01 Aug 12:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Lazio: arrives Braafheid
- 01 Aug 12:15 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Tiago Ilori might join on loan
- 01 Aug 12:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Duel to Juventus and AC Milan on Lavezzi
- 01 Aug 11:45 HUNGARY/ HALADAS, Two Italian and one Belgian suitors for Nemeth and Radò
- 01 Aug 11:30 MLS - USA/ CHICAGO FIRE, Approaching Jermaine Jones
- 01 Aug 11:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Quintero more and more likely to join
- 01 Aug 10:58 ITALY/ AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I feel a lot of confidence and trust in me. I intend to repay it all"
- 01 Aug 10:38 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Samp: signed Bergessio from Catania
- 01 Aug 10:36 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Genoa: arrives Iago Falque from Tottenham
- 01 Aug 10:16 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Palermo, Hernandez's agent: thinking about Sunderland
- 01 Aug 10:06 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Porto's Juan Quintero will cost Gunners £32m
- 01 Aug 09:45 ITALY/ JUVE, Evra suggests Nani
Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has reiterated Morgan Schneiderlin will not be leaving the club and has warned the midfielder of his conduct following his midweek outburst on Twitter. Koeman said: "He is a player of Southampton and will continue to be."
Interviewed by Sky, Andrea D'Amico, agent of Juventus attacking midfielder Sebastian Giovinco, has declared: "I think that he will stay, even
Barcelona new midfielder Ivan Rakitic has declared about his team-mate Xavi: "It’s great news that he’s staying here. He’s a cl
Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez has declared: "The future, only god knows. There is competition here and I will continue to work hard
PSG forward Edinson Cavani has declared: "I am happy in Paris. I have a contract to honor. I am calm, I prefer to stay. I feel well here. But I k