LIVERPOOL, Suarez: "I have no doubts"
28.09.2012 15.17 by TM W
© foto di Nicolo' Zangirolami/Image Spor
Luis Suarez has reiterated his conviction Liverpool will soon reap the rewards of their impressive early-season performances – but believes both he and the team could benefit from a change in luck.
The Reds have picked up two points from their opening five Barclays Premier League fixtures, though commanding displays against Manchester City, Sunderland and, most recently, Manchester United have merited more.
Suarez, however, remains steadfast in his belief Brendan Rodgers' side are not far away from hitting the sort of form that will elevate them up the league table.
The Uruguayan told Liverpoolfc.com: "It makes it more difficult when your opening fixtures of the season are against strong teams like Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United - they are not easy games.
"We also have new manager and I think we've been a bit unlucky at times, but we've been playing the kind of football he wants us to play.
"What everyone clearly wants from now on is to pick up as many points as we can. Everyone is keen to turn the situation around and put an end to what's happened in the last few games."
Following the recent 1-1 draw at Sunderland, Suarez took to his official Twitter account to insist the hard work being done at Melwood would soon be turned into points.
It's an opinion that was only strengthened by Liverpool's dominant performance in Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.
Suarez added: "I believe in my teammates and the quality of the individual players and the squad as a whole, that's the most important thing.
"If everyone is together and we believe in each other, that's the best way to keep moving forward. At the moment, we are not in the position where Liverpool Football Club has to be, which is battling it out at the top end of the league.
"But we've been a bit unlucky, and I still believe - and will continue to believe - that we have a lot of quality here and a manager who is giving everyone the confidence to believe in their opportunities. The results will definitely come."
Though still waiting for that first league win, Rodgers' approach - both on and off the field - has made a big impression on the Liverpool squad.
Not least on Suarez, who is relishing working under the new manager's football values.
"He has a great philosophy on how the game should be played, similar to the football you see in the Spanish league," he said. "I think we are all trying to adapt to his style and similarly he is getting used to us.
"We're trying to do our best for him and he is also a manager who really trusts in his players and backs his team. So let's hope that results start improving, based upon the togetherness of the squad working closely with the manager."
Suarez heads into this weekend's clash with Norwich City having struck three goals in seven appearances so far in 2012-13.
However, the 25-year-old is determined to improve upon that statistic - insisting he is still approaching top form this term.
He said: "As a striker, you always want to be scoring goals or making assists, and helping the team however you can.
"I know myself that I can still up my game that little bit and maybe enjoy a little bit more luck in front of goal, because it's a striker's job to score goals.
"Let's hope that both myself and the whole of the team can keep improving and pick up some good results."
Overall, Suarez has an impressive 24 goals in 59 appearances for Liverpool - though he accepts he hasn't been as prolific in front of goal in England as he was with previous club Ajax in Holland.
"I don't think that you can compare my goalscoring record at Ajax with here," he explained. "Firstly, because the Premier League is a very tough league to play in and, secondly, at Ajax I went through a period where the goals were flying in from wherever I shot. I'd get rebounds going in off my shoulder.
"I'm not getting that sort of luck at the moment. Sometimes I'm doing the hard part by getting away from the defender, but then I'm not finishing well.
"But that's what you work on in training and sometimes there's a bit of luck involved as well, but by practising hard I'm sure that the goals I want to score will come."
Liverpool's last two league outings have seen Suarez have penalty appeals waved away, but the striker is philosophical about the decisions.
He said: "There are times when the referee gets it right and others when he doesn't, but that's all part and parcel of the game.
"It's happened in the last few games, like against Manchester United when the penalty shout on me wasn't given and then the one on Valencia was, but talking about it doesn't solve anything - the referee has a split second to see an incident. Let's just hope that it doesn't happen again in the future."
Meanwhile, Suarez admits he's been deeply touched by the recent events surrounding the release of the Hillsborough Independent Panel's report.
Liverpool marked their first home game since the report was published with a series of tributes before Sunday's fixture with United.
"It's been an emotional time in every way," reflected Suarez. "I think that even the Manchester United supporters must have felt it. There was an incredible feeling amongst everyone in the stadium for those families who'd finally got the justice they'd fought for after suffering for so long.
"Everybody now knows the truth and they can rest a little easier.
"It was a very special moment to be a player out there on the field too, because of all that's been said and everything that has gone on over the years, and now, today, everyone is aware of the truth."
Other news Premier League (England)
- 18 Apr 14:00 ARSENAL, Arteta: "I want to get back fit. My renewal? It can take 5 minutes"
- 18 Apr 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "Begovic will stay"
- 17 Apr 06:19 SWANSEA, Monk: "West Ham? They already have a great manager"
- 16 Apr 06:19 LEICESTER, Mahrez's agent: "Villarreal are after him"
- 14 Apr 18:00 LIVERPOOL, Sakho injured
- 14 Apr 11:25 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney: "We targeted City's lazy midfielders"
- 11 Apr 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Muto? Football is marke
- 09 Apr 11:55 ARSENAL, the latest team news ahead of Saturday's game against Burnley
- 09 Apr 06:39 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "Tottenham told porkies before sacking me"
- 07 Apr 06:29 MAN. UTD, Herrera: "I hope to remain for many years"
- 06 Apr 06:29 EVERTON, Lukaku's agent: "He will join a top club"
- 05 Apr 10:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Cech deserves a new prospective"
- 04 Apr 06:29 LEICESTER, Cambiasso: "I am happy here, but.."
- 02 Apr 12:30 ARSENAL, Debuchy returns to training
- 31 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Coates: "We want to keep Begovic"
- 30 Mar 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We're in talks for Walcott's new deal"
- 29 Mar 12:59 LIVERPOOL, Henderson: "Relaxed about my new deal"
- 28 Mar 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "It's a shame De Bruyne is gone"
- 27 Mar 14:56 ARSENAL, Gabriel: "I’ve always wanted to defend"
- 27 Mar 11:55 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New injury blow for Sturridge
- 27 Mar 06:19 EVERTON, Lennon: "I'm not in talks for a long-term deal"
- 26 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Adam: "I am ready to renew"
- 25 Mar 14:12 GERMANY, Low insists on Ozil landing to Berlin with Arsenal boss Wenger's permission
- 25 Mar 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to play with Vertonghen again"
- 24 Mar 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "We don't want to lose Lukaku"
- 23 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Lampard: "Too early to talk of firing Pellegrini"
- 22 Mar 10:59 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I've been in talks with Liverpool in the past"
- 19 Mar 20:16 ARSENAL, Ozil staying with Gunners
- 19 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "Inter? Never say never"
- 18 Mar 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger on Champions League last-16 exit
- 17 Mar 18:13 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "Little details could be key"
- 17 Mar 16:30 MAN UTD, Smalling: "We want Champions back here at Old Trafford"
- 17 Mar 16:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Carrick to target second place
- 17 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Allen: "Good signs regarding my new deal"
- 16 Mar 13:07 ARSENAL, Giroud: "I'll answer critics against Monaco"
- 16 Mar 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Di Maria is happy here"
- 15 Mar 10:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "No hurry for Sterling's new deal"
- 14 Mar 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to stay"
- 13 Mar 06:19 STOKE CITY, Bregovic: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 12 Mar 14:45 MANCHESTER CITY, Demichelis after renewal: "I'll keep fighting and trying to win titles for City"
- 12 Mar 06:29 QPR, Ferdinand: "We would like to keep Austin, but.."
- 11 Mar 11:30 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Loan star Radamel Falcao fails to shine for U21s
- 11 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Milner must make a decision"
- 10 Mar 13:00 ARSENAL, Monreal: "I was so pleased with my goal"
- 10 Mar 06:30 LIVERPOOL, Johnson: "I would like to move abroad"
- 09 Mar 09:48 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Monday's result will affect Premier League run in"
- 09 Mar 06:29 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "Nothing sure about my future"
- 08 Mar 09:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 07 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers turns out transfer rumors
- 05 Mar 20:15 ARSENAL, Gilberto Silva: "Alexis is a killer in front of goal"
- 05 Mar 18:14 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Reid: "Happy for my renewal"
- 04 Mar 12:43 ARSENAL, To boast three billionaires listed on Forbes
- 04 Mar 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "We are not interested in Bacca"
- 03 Mar 06:19 CHELSEA, Terry: "I hope to remain for a few more years"
- 02 Mar 22:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain on Giroud: "Oli is always there for scoring, that's just what we need"
- 02 Mar 20:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney on Di Maria: "He's talented, hopefully he'll start giving great performances for us as well"
- 02 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Yaya Touré is happy here"
- 01 Mar 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Forever in England"
- 28 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Bellerìn: "It's gonna be hard. We'll need to prove CL night was an accident"
- 28 Feb 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I am happy here"
- 27 Feb 17:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere will have surgery"
- 27 Feb 15:30 ARSENAL, Henry: "Training Gunners is a dream of mine"
- 27 Feb 13:30 TOTTENHAM, Chadli: "Now let's put disappointment away and make our best for Capital One Cup"
- 27 Feb 13:17 EVERTON, Europa League pairing with Dynamo Kyiv
- 27 Feb 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker after Emirates fiasco: "We'll need a wonderful night in Monaco"
- 27 Feb 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers after Besiktas EL failure: "We are disappointed for how much we put into the game"
- 26 Feb 07:00 ARSENAL, Wenger comments upon AS Monaco fiasco: "We were suicidal defensively"
- 26 Feb 02:20 ARSENAL v AS MONACO 1-3 - The Matchbox
- 25 Feb 11:43 ARSENAL, Monreal: "Wenger? I feel very lucky to have such a great coach"
- 25 Feb 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "I was about to leave"
- 24 Feb 21:00 ARSENAL v AS MONACO, Preview - Wenger: "We've got equal chances to pass the turn"
- 24 Feb 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Djuricic: "I would like to remain"
- 23 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Touré's agent: "Ready to commit to City for life"
- 22 Feb 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Demichelis could stay"
- 21 Feb 16:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho on Paris metro incident: "We invite mister Souleymane to join us at Stamford Bridge on our expense"
- 21 Feb 15:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Luke Shaw: "I know how good Swans can be on their days"
- 21 Feb 14:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal on team news: "Van Persie and Jones are fit for playing"
- 21 Feb 13:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Ospina: "They've got a direct style and move fast, we'll need to be careful"
- 21 Feb 12:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal: "We've got a fantastic spirit now, and we are looking for the perfect balance"
- 21 Feb 11:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Eagles captain Jedinak: "We are in the right mood to face such a strong team as Gunners"
- 21 Feb 10:00 SOUTHAMPTON v LIVERPOOL, Preview - Allen: "Saints have already succeeded in testing us"
- 21 Feb 09:00 LIVERPOOL, Joe Allen: "Jordon Ibe is brilliant, he's got the raw talent needed"
- 21 Feb 01:30 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I want to stay"
- 20 Feb 19:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Intense ground, and Pardew is doing very well. I'm happy for Chamakh's new career with Eagles"
- 20 Feb 17:00 TOTTENHAM, Ben Davies: "Good job against Fiorentina, but they were solid and hard to break"
- 20 Feb 14:44 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Ramsey still, doubts on Flamini and Bellerin. Wilshere is ok"
- 20 Feb 14:29 LIVERPOOL, Moreno about Besiktas: "We've been lucky as well"
- 19 Feb 01:12 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Alexis rejected several clubs to make Gunners switch"
- 18 Feb 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "We have to maintain momentum"
- 18 Feb 13:44 CHELSEA, Ivanovic cheered by Blues draw at Paris
- 18 Feb 06:39 WERDER, Eichin: "Prödl could renew"
- 18 Feb 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I miss Italy, but.."
- 17 Feb 18:15 LIVERPOOL, 4-game Europa League sanction for Markovic
- 17 Feb 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I want to buy a midfielder"
- 16 Feb 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "No contacts with PSG"
- 14 Feb 19:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Welbeck: "Winning FA Cup would mean a lot to me"
- 14 Feb 16:30 ARSENAL, Akpom: "Playing with world-class names like Cazorla and Rosicky is a striker's dream"
- 14 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Wenger: "Szczesny is back, competition with Ospina is open"
- 14 Feb 12:00 ARSENAL, Gnabry: "I'm feeling good coming back, now I've got to keep pushing"
- 14 Feb 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Henderson: "No rush over new deal"
- 19 Apr 05:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID: Duel to Arsenal, PSG and City on Reus
- 19 Apr 04:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Renewal for Glik on arrival
- 19 Apr 03:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Duel to Liverpool on Rui Patricio
- 19 Apr 02:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, 11 million euros needed for purchasing Van Ginkel from Chelsea
- 19 Apr 01:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Price is set on Benteke
- 19 Apr 00:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Crazy suggestion for Isco
- 18 Apr 23:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Crystal Palace keen on Viviano
- 18 Apr 22:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Tevez's agent: "He'll join Boca Juniors back in 2016"
- 18 Apr 21:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Iago Aspas might join Celta Vigo back
- 18 Apr 20:00 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Retirement or adventure abroad for captain Conti
- 18 Apr 19:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, More and more determined to sign Higuain
- 18 Apr 18:00 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Enyeama as a main target
- 18 Apr 17:00 ITALY/ INTER, Iago Falqué on target
- 18 Apr 16:00 GERMANY/ HOFFENHEIM, Cofie on target
- 18 Apr 15:00 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Stark on target
- 18 Apr 14:00 ARSENAL, Arteta: "I want to get back fit. My renewal? It can take 5 minutes"
- 18 Apr 13:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Babacar's renewal on arrival: sums and numbers
- 18 Apr 12:00 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Solbakken extends as Copenhagen manager
- 18 Apr 11:00 AUSTRIA/ AUSTRIA WIEN, Lead on Frahn
- 18 Apr 10:00 ITALY/ HELLAS VERONA, Eyes on Monachello
- 18 Apr 09:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Still keen on Garcia
- 18 Apr 08:30 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Milito is Estudiantes new coach
- 18 Apr 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Bernardeschi about to come back
- 18 Apr 07:27 LILLE, Mavuba: "If I would remain in France.."
- 18 Apr 06:59 BORUSSIA D. Watzke: "Klopp successor will be German"
- 18 Apr 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "Begovic will stay"
- 18 Apr 06:00 CELTA, Krohn-Dehli's agent: "He will leave for sure"
- 18 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Ederson's agent: "Saint-Etienne are after him"
- 17 Apr 23:27 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Klopp the main option for the bench
- 17 Apr 22:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Back for Higuain
- 17 Apr 22:29 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Sprint for Laporte
- 17 Apr 21:59 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Interest for Diomandé
- 17 Apr 21:30 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, More suitors for Carrillo
- 17 Apr 21:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Agreement with Bruno Peres
- 17 Apr 20:37 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Trasch renews with Wolfsburg
- 17 Apr 20:17 ITALY/ INTER, Mission for Vida
- 17 Apr 19:59 FRANCE/ NICE, Pouplin could renew
- 17 Apr 19:39 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Mihajlovic the main option for the bench
- 17 Apr 19:20 FRANCE/ BASTIA, Interest for Tarantini
- 17 Apr 19:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Montella: "Babacar renewal? I'm happy for him"
- 17 Apr 18:43 INTER, Shaqiri: "We want to win the derby in a Nerazzurri Meazza"
- 17 Apr 18:27 FRANCE/ LILLE, Mavuba could leave
- 17 Apr 18:13 ENGLAND/ LEICESTER, Villarreal observing Mahrez
- 17 Apr 18:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Duel to AC Milan and Schalke 04 on Soriano
- 17 Apr 17:45 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Jenkinson: "I want to stay, but that will be up to Arsenal"
- 17 Apr 17:30 SWITZERLAND/ FC ZURICH, Suitors for Schonbachler increasing
- 17 Apr 17:15 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Pardew: "20 million pounds needed for purchasing Bolasie"
- 17 Apr 17:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal wants Pjanic as well as Strootman
- 17 Apr 16:48 GERMANY/ MAINZ 05, Muto on target
- 17 Apr 16:36 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Mavrias might end up staying at Panathinaikos
According to Daily Star, German international winger and forward Marco Reus (25) is getting more and more inclined to leave Borussia Dortmund next summer, especially since his mentor Jurgen Klopp won't most probably be Bundesliga side manager anymore. Currently on a deal with
Interviewed by Lalaziosiamonoi.it, Antonio Caliendo, agent of Lazio midfielder Ederson, has declared: "His current situation is not the one that
Rob Witschge, agent of Celta de Vigo 31-year-old winger Michael Krohn-Dehli, has declared: "I can't comment the rumors regarding Sevilla, all
Playing for Arsenal since 2011/12, 33 years old Spanish playmaking midfielder MIkel Arteta, current captain of Gunners, talked about his situation and
OL forward Alexandre Lacazette has declared: "I have some oppurtunities to move abroad, but it's too early to talk about it. In any case, I w
Borussia Dortmund General Manager Hans-Joachim Watzke has declared: "Who will replace Jurgen Klopp? For sure it won't be a Zweite Liga coach,