LIVERPOOL, Suarez: "I have no doubts"
28.09.2012 15.17 by TM W
© foto di Nicolo' Zangirolami/Image Spor
Luis Suarez has reiterated his conviction Liverpool will soon reap the rewards of their impressive early-season performances – but believes both he and the team could benefit from a change in luck.
The Reds have picked up two points from their opening five Barclays Premier League fixtures, though commanding displays against Manchester City, Sunderland and, most recently, Manchester United have merited more.
Suarez, however, remains steadfast in his belief Brendan Rodgers' side are not far away from hitting the sort of form that will elevate them up the league table.
The Uruguayan told Liverpoolfc.com: "It makes it more difficult when your opening fixtures of the season are against strong teams like Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United - they are not easy games.
"We also have new manager and I think we've been a bit unlucky at times, but we've been playing the kind of football he wants us to play.
"What everyone clearly wants from now on is to pick up as many points as we can. Everyone is keen to turn the situation around and put an end to what's happened in the last few games."
Following the recent 1-1 draw at Sunderland, Suarez took to his official Twitter account to insist the hard work being done at Melwood would soon be turned into points.
It's an opinion that was only strengthened by Liverpool's dominant performance in Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.
Suarez added: "I believe in my teammates and the quality of the individual players and the squad as a whole, that's the most important thing.
"If everyone is together and we believe in each other, that's the best way to keep moving forward. At the moment, we are not in the position where Liverpool Football Club has to be, which is battling it out at the top end of the league.
"But we've been a bit unlucky, and I still believe - and will continue to believe - that we have a lot of quality here and a manager who is giving everyone the confidence to believe in their opportunities. The results will definitely come."
Though still waiting for that first league win, Rodgers' approach - both on and off the field - has made a big impression on the Liverpool squad.
Not least on Suarez, who is relishing working under the new manager's football values.
"He has a great philosophy on how the game should be played, similar to the football you see in the Spanish league," he said. "I think we are all trying to adapt to his style and similarly he is getting used to us.
"We're trying to do our best for him and he is also a manager who really trusts in his players and backs his team. So let's hope that results start improving, based upon the togetherness of the squad working closely with the manager."
Suarez heads into this weekend's clash with Norwich City having struck three goals in seven appearances so far in 2012-13.
However, the 25-year-old is determined to improve upon that statistic - insisting he is still approaching top form this term.
He said: "As a striker, you always want to be scoring goals or making assists, and helping the team however you can.
"I know myself that I can still up my game that little bit and maybe enjoy a little bit more luck in front of goal, because it's a striker's job to score goals.
"Let's hope that both myself and the whole of the team can keep improving and pick up some good results."
Overall, Suarez has an impressive 24 goals in 59 appearances for Liverpool - though he accepts he hasn't been as prolific in front of goal in England as he was with previous club Ajax in Holland.
"I don't think that you can compare my goalscoring record at Ajax with here," he explained. "Firstly, because the Premier League is a very tough league to play in and, secondly, at Ajax I went through a period where the goals were flying in from wherever I shot. I'd get rebounds going in off my shoulder.
"I'm not getting that sort of luck at the moment. Sometimes I'm doing the hard part by getting away from the defender, but then I'm not finishing well.
"But that's what you work on in training and sometimes there's a bit of luck involved as well, but by practising hard I'm sure that the goals I want to score will come."
Liverpool's last two league outings have seen Suarez have penalty appeals waved away, but the striker is philosophical about the decisions.
He said: "There are times when the referee gets it right and others when he doesn't, but that's all part and parcel of the game.
"It's happened in the last few games, like against Manchester United when the penalty shout on me wasn't given and then the one on Valencia was, but talking about it doesn't solve anything - the referee has a split second to see an incident. Let's just hope that it doesn't happen again in the future."
Meanwhile, Suarez admits he's been deeply touched by the recent events surrounding the release of the Hillsborough Independent Panel's report.
Liverpool marked their first home game since the report was published with a series of tributes before Sunday's fixture with United.
"It's been an emotional time in every way," reflected Suarez. "I think that even the Manchester United supporters must have felt it. There was an incredible feeling amongst everyone in the stadium for those families who'd finally got the justice they'd fought for after suffering for so long.
"Everybody now knows the truth and they can rest a little easier.
"It was a very special moment to be a player out there on the field too, because of all that's been said and everything that has gone on over the years, and now, today, everyone is aware of the truth."
Other news Premier League (England)
- 28 Aug 09:39 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "We need another striker"
- 27 Aug 08:39 WEST BROM. , Peace: "Berahino won't leave"
- 21 Aug 06:29 WATFORD, Sanchez Flores: "Soon a decision about Vydra"
- 20 Aug 06:29 MAN. CITY, Nasri's agent: "Inter? Nothing concrete"
- 19 Aug 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini's agent: "He could move back to Italy"
- 14 Aug 08:59 NEWCASTLE, Obertan: "I want to stay"
- 13 Aug 19:29 ARSENAL, Wenger is unsure about Rosicky's absence
- 13 Aug 08:39 LIVERPOOL, Enrique: "I want to stay"
- 12 Aug 18:10 ARSENAL, Rosicky out for up to two months
- 12 Aug 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "No news about his future"
- 11 Aug 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "I expect Stones to stay"
- 10 Aug 11:40 LIVERPOOL, Coutinho struck from 25 yards out in the 86th minute to win
- 10 Aug 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "Optimistic about Shaqiri"
- 09 Aug 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "I hope we'll announce a new signing soon"
- 08 Aug 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Benzema? Just media talk"
- 07 Aug 06:29 BOURNEMOUTH, Howe: "Happy with my team"
- 06 Aug 06:29 CRYSTAL PALACE, Pardew: "We are not after Coloccini"
- 05 Aug 06:29 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Great if Benzema would join us, but.."
- 04 Aug 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "Soldado to Real? I can't confirm"
- 03 Aug 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Nothing true about Benzema"
- 01 Aug 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "Hernandez? Just rumours"
- 31 Jul 18:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Cazorla and Walcott's renewals: "Delighted from that, they are important for us"
- 31 Jul 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "De Gea's situation not favourable"
- 30 Jul 06:29 WEST HAM, Bilic: "We still hope to sign Song"
- 29 Jul 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Chambers will stay"
- 28 Jul 06:39 PSG, David Luiz: "I hope Di Maria will join us"
- 28 Jul 06:19 MAN. CITY, Fernando: "I won't join Sporting"
- 27 Jul 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Walcott about to renew"
- 25 Jul 12:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Szczesny could go on loan to Roma"
- 24 Jul 09:59 MAN. CITY, Toure: "Happy to stay here"
- 23 Jul 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "We have talked with Fiorentina"
- 22 Jul 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We're about to sell Filipe Luis"
- 18 Jul 13:57 MANCHESTER UNITED, Van Gaal on new signings: "All very good players, but they'll have to fight in order to get to the pitch"
- 18 Jul 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "Many offers for him"
- 18 Jul 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "We are in talks for Filipe Luis"
- 17 Jul 06:59 MAN. UTD, Rooney: "Moving to the US? Could be..."
- 14 Jul 11:45 ARSENAL, Arteta: "Cech has lifted us"
- 14 Jul 10:37 LEICESTER CITY, Ranieri: "I wish to thank the owner, his son and all the executives of the Club"
- 13 Jul 06:29 MAN. UTD, Rafael's agent: "He could join Benfica"
- 10 Jul 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini's agent: "He'll stay"
- 09 Jul 06:29 ASTON VIllA, Richards: "Inter wanted me, but.."
- 08 Jul 06:29 MAN. CITY, Kompany: "I'm confident we'll make the right signings"
- 07 Jul 15:10 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Why I love our overseas fans"
- 07 Jul 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Milner: "Great to be here"
- 06 Jul 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "Relaxed about my future"
- 02 Jul 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Letting Cech leave was the right decision"
- 01 Jul 20:15 ARSENAL, Cech: "I’m sure I’ll settle quickly"
- 01 Jul 06:15 ARSENAL, Podolski: "I want to join Galatasaray"
- 30 Jun 06:19 MAN. UTD, Jones: "Happy of my new deal"
- 26 Jun 06:29 NEWCASTLE, Cabella's father: "Nothing going on with OM"
- 25 Jun 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 24 Jun 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "One day I would like to train the NT"
- 23 Jun 06:29 ARSENAL, Campbell's father: "Benfica is an option"
- 22 Jun 15:45 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Offer to Dortmund for Sven Bender ready
- 22 Jun 06:29 CHELSEA, Cech's agent: "No contacts with Inter"
- 21 Jun 09:59 MAN. CITY, Dzeko's agent: "No chances that he will leave"
- 20 Jun 06:29 TOTTENHAM, Kane: "Honoured by United's interest, but.."
- 19 Jun 06:29 MAN. UTD, Januzai's agent: "He will stay"
- 18 Jun 09:30 CHELSEA, Cuadrado: "Important to have a player like Falcao"
- 17 Jun 06:29 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "We need a new striker"
- 16 Jun 06:19 WATFORD, Anya: "I wouldn't mind an experience abroad"
- 15 Jun 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Persie: "I'm not worried about my future"
- 14 Jun 06:59 ARSENAL. Wilshere: "Happy as long as the club wants me to stay"
- 13 Jun 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "We are analysing all offers"
- 12 Jun 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Cuadrado won't be sold"
- 11 Jun 17:45 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "If I can help Falcao reach his level again, I'll do it"
- 11 Jun 06:19 ASTON VILLA, Fox: "We'll offer Benteke a new contract"
- 10 Jun 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Eriksen: "I'm not thinking about leaving"
- 09 Jun 19:30 WEST HAM/ OFFICIAL, Slaven Bilic is the new manager
- 09 Jun 06:29 CHELSEA, Cech: "My future? I keep all options open"
- 08 Jun 12:31 ARSENAL, Olivier Giroud – Fan Power Interview – AFC x PUMA
- 08 Jun 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We'll sign two or three players"
- 07 Jun 09:59 CHELSEA, Hazard: "I hope that Benteke will join us"
- 06 Jun 08:59 NEWCASTLE, Sissoko: "My future? We'll see.."
- 05 Jun 23:37 WATFORD/ OFFICIAL, Doctor House Quique Sanchez Flores is the new Watford manager
- 05 Jun 06:19 EVERTON, Lukaku: "I want to play in the Champions League"
- 04 Jun 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Persie: "I want to play every week"
- 03 Jun 06:19 WEST HAM, Valencia: "Chelsea? We'll see"
- 02 Jun 06:29 NEWCASTLE, Sissoko: "I would love to work with Mourinho"
- 01 Jun 06:29 ARSENAL, Walcott: ""I am sure things will get resolved"
- 31 May 09:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I don't see why Walcott should leave"
- 30 May 06:29 EVERTON, Henen's agent: "I think he'll stay"
- 28 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Flamini: "We can't repeat our Wembley mistake"
- 28 May 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Balotelli's agent: "He will stay"
- 27 May 16:14 ARSENAL, Giroud: "I play football to write history"
- 27 May 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "I expect a busy summer"
- 26 May 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Owning party decide: onward with Brendan Rodgers
- 26 May 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We need to sign a midfielder"
- 25 May 09:39 CHELSEA, Drogba: "Goodbye Blues, I hope I'll be back in a different role someday"
- 25 May 06:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini's agent: "He'll stay"
- 24 May 07:29 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "I expect Benteke to stay"
- 23 May 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "I hope Begovic will stay"
- 22 May 07:29 LIVERPOOL, Ayre: "Door always open for Gerrard"
- 21 May 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "We wanted to sign Depay"
- 20 May 06:19 WEST HAM, Gold: "We'll sign five players"
- 19 May 14:20 QPR/ OFFICIAL, Chris Ramsey signs new contract as first team manager
- 19 May 06:29 MAN. UTD, Valdés: "I am happy here"
- 18 May 06:29 MAN CITY, Pellegrini: "Touré is happy here"
- 17 May 09:30 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We'd like to keep De Gea, but.."
- 16 May 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Aguero not for sale"
- 30 Aug 04:00 BREAKING NEWS - SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Done for Abdennour
- 30 Aug 03:00 BREAKING NEWS - ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Nearly done for Draxler
- 30 Aug 02:00 ITALY/ GENOA, Medicals for Ansaldi
- 30 Aug 01:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, A new suitor for De Ceglie
- 30 Aug 00:00 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Last-minute attempt for Wanyama ready
- 29 Aug 23:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sheffield Wednesday sign Forestieri
- 29 Aug 22:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sampdoria, assault on Berbatov if Eder leaves
- 29 Aug 21:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Jonny Evans joins WBA
- 29 Aug 20:00 GENOA & AS ROMA, Negotiations for Iturbe stalling
- 29 Aug 19:00 ITALY/ INTER, 3 suitors for Schelotto
- 29 Aug 18:27 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Cash offer to Dortmund for Adrián Ramos
- 29 Aug 17:57 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica sign 2 youngsters and loan out 2 first squad players
- 29 Aug 17:29 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool loan McLaughlin out to Scottish side
- 29 Aug 16:59 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mounier joins Bologna
- 29 Aug 16:30 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Closing in on Adebayor: duel to Lazio
- 29 Aug 16:00 BREAKING NEWS - FRANCE/ O.L., Sergi Darder about to join from Malaga
- 29 Aug 15:27 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Meeting with Sampdoria for Ibarbo's loan
- 29 Aug 14:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Villarreal, 3 ways-agreement with Barça and Seville: Denis Suarez joins
- 29 Aug 14:29 AUSTRIA/ OFFICIAL, Red Bull sign Hany Mukhtar on loan from Benfica
- 29 Aug 13:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Amorebieta joins Middlesbrough back
- 29 Aug 13:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Borussia Dortmund sign Park Joo-Ho
- 29 Aug 13:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Vainqueur about to join
- 29 Aug 12:27 ITALY/ GENOA, In touch with Jonás Gutierrez
- 29 Aug 11:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Manchester City sign Sobrino
- 29 Aug 11:29 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Diogo Salomão joins Deportivo La Coruña back
- 29 Aug 10:59 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Villarreal loan Espinosa out to Elche
- 29 Aug 10:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Paços Ferreira sign Joao Silva
- 29 Aug 10:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, QPR sign Tozser
- 29 Aug 03:00 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Denis Suarez likely to join
- 29 Aug 02:27 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Draxler closer and closer
- 29 Aug 01:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico Madrid sign Kranevitter
- 29 Aug 01:29 FRANCE/ NANTES, Cana more and more likely to join
- 29 Aug 00:59 BREAKING NEWS - GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Done for Coman from Juventus: loan with 26 million euros option
- 29 Aug 00:30 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hebling joins Zwolle
- 29 Aug 00:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - SPAIN/ LEVANTE, Keen on Nagatomo
- 28 Aug 23:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, PSG sign Hebling
- 28 Aug 22:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bentivoglio quits Chievo
- 28 Aug 22:29 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Idea Didavi
- 28 Aug 21:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Everton sign Leandro Rodriguez
- 28 Aug 21:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Thiago Motta renews with PSG
- 28 Aug 21:00 ITALY/ GENOA, Idea Vangioni
- 28 Aug 20:37 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover sign Ballmert
- 28 Aug 20:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Fiorentina sign Verdù
- 28 Aug 19:59 GERMANY/ LEVERKUSEN, Keen on Soriano
- 28 Aug 19:39 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernandez about to renew
- 28 Aug 19:20 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico sign Santos Borré
- 28 Aug 19:02 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Mauri to leave on loan: 4 Serie A suitors
- 28 Aug 18:49 ITALY/ GENOA, In talks with Zenit for Ansaldi
- 28 Aug 18:37 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Attempt for Keita ready
- 28 Aug 18:26 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Attempt for Klaassen: offer submitted to Ajax
Juventus and Schalke 04 have reached the final and decisive agreement for having almost 22 years old German international offensive midfielder and winger Julian Draxler join Serie A reigning champions. Now it's just up to Gelsenkirchen side chairman, Clemens Tönnies
Juventus General Manager Giuseppe Marotta has told Mediaset: "Ibrahimovic? Fanciful idea, we admire him but I deny everything. It's not easy
Sevilla FC midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak, considered a target for Arsenal, has declared on his Twitter: "In the next season I will still be at t
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has declared: "Signing a striker is like making love to a beautiful woman. It is never easy. There are alwa
Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasiljev has declared: "We have budgeted for the Europa League. So, if we had been in the Champions League, it would
Interviewed by TMW, Wolfsburg Sporting Director Klaus Allofs has declared about 26-year-old winger Ivan Perisic: "All seems leading to his stay a