AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 08.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 19 Sep 14:36 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Benevento, COLANTUONO might be the new boss if Baroni gets sacked
- 19 Sep 09:06 GENOA - 2 Premier League giants on 2001-born wonderkid PELLEGRI
- 18 Sep 22:20 GENOA turn down veteran free agent DIAMANTI
- 18 Sep 20:55 LAZIO, Milinkovic-Savic's agent: "Many high-rate clubs on him. But keep on growing here is important"
- 18 Sep 18:30 AS ROMA - Strootman: "I'm happy about Nainggolan renewal"
- 18 Sep 16:46 AS ROMA - Nainggolan: "Juventus attacked me. I just answered"
- 17 Sep 22:36 JUVENTUS, Pjaca's agent: "Fiorentina like him, but he wants to stand out where he is"
- 15 Sep 09:32 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma, 4 clubs ready to sign 1999-born ANTONUCCI if not extending
- 13 Sep 17:31 BOLOGNA board set to meet DONSAH on new deal
- 13 Sep 14:17 JUVENTUS - Allegri: "If you give Messi space, he is unstoppable"
- 12 Sep 21:56 LAZIO meeting DE VRIJ on new contract in two days
- 12 Sep 17:43 NAPOLI - Tonelli still on the transfer list for January
- 12 Sep 14:06 FIORENTINA about to sign Federico CHIESA on a new long-term
- 05 Sep 11:29 JUVENTUS- Thinking again about Godin
- 01 Sep 16:38 OFFICIAL - Torino sign Nicolás BURDISSO
- 01 Sep 13:37 OFFICIAL - Benevento sign 4 new players
- 01 Sep 12:47 OFFICIAL - Genoa sign Federico RICCI from Sassuolo
- 01 Sep 11:01 OFFICIAL - Chievo Verona sign TOMOVIC and STEPINSKI
- 01 Sep 10:56 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa: Rigoni close to pen new deal
- 01 Sep 09:44 ITALY - INSIGNE: "It'd be great to come back to Bernabeu"
- 01 Sep 09:01 OFFICIAL - Maxi LOPEZ joins Udinese
- 31 Aug 22:22 OFFICIAL - Genoa loan BRIVIO to second-tier side Entella
- 31 Aug 19:20 OFFICIAL - Benevento sign PARIGINI from Torino
- 31 Aug 17:03 OFFICIAL - Lazio sign two youngsters from Sporting Braga
- 31 Aug 16:40 OFFICIAL - Atalanta sign Brazilian-German 2000-born Rodrigo GUTH
- 31 Aug 16:13 TMW - INTER: Karamoh has signed
- 31 Aug 15:48 OFFICIAL - Benevento sign ARMENTEROS from Heracles
- 31 Aug 13:58 Tonelli's agent: "LAZIO never asked about him anyway"
- 30 Aug 21:05 OFFICIAL - Torino sign Simone EDERA on a new deal
- 30 Aug 20:38 OFFICIAL - Chievo Verona loan RIGIONE out to Cesena
- 30 Aug 20:13 OFFICIAL - Napoli sign PAVOLETTI over to Cagliari
- 30 Aug 17:32 AS ROMA, Monchi: "Schick is our last player for this market window"
- 30 Aug 17:16 UDINESE - Maxi Lopez is a real market target
- 29 Aug 20:38 GENOA - 3 Serie A suitors for Luca RIGONI
- 29 Aug 15:44 GENOA turn down Fiorentina on IZZO
- 29 Aug 13:40 NAPOLI - Duvàn ZAPATA between Sampdoria and Sassuolo
- 29 Aug 12:16 AS ROMA - A new club pursuing departee Leandro CASTAN
- 28 Aug 16:59 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Bologna, suggestion for veteran flankman PASQUAL
- 28 Aug 16:18 OFFICIAL - Benevento sign MEMUSHAJ from Pescara
- 27 Aug 07:12 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Udinese in talks with Benfica on signing OLA JOHN
- 26 Aug 16:48 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sassuolo offer Napoli departee STRINIC a 3-year deal
- 26 Aug 05:46 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign VAN DER WIEL from Fenerbahçe
- 25 Aug 22:52 OFFICIAL - Sassuolo sign FALCINELLI on new deal
- 25 Aug 22:10 OFFICIAL - Alessandro BELLEMO extends for SPAL
- 25 Aug 14:17 OFFICIAL - Domenico BERARDI extends for Sassuolo
- 25 Aug 11:29 OFFICIAL - Danish international Jens LARSEN joins Udinese
- 24 Aug 23:35 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign JOAO PEDRO on a new contract
- 24 Aug 23:08 OFFICIAL - Genoa sign Petar BRLEK
- 24 Aug 16:41 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Cagliari, done for PAVOLETTI. The trade numbers
- 24 Aug 15:47 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sassuolo on veteran strikers turnover: PAZZINI might replace Matri
- 24 Aug 15:25 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Lazio turn down Crotone on CRECCO
- 24 Aug 14:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Achraf LAZAAR closer and closer to Bologna
- 23 Aug 20:17 OFFICIAL - Matteo POLITANO extends for Sassuolo
- 22 Aug 23:23 SAMPDORIA not giving up on Chievo hitman INGLESE
- 22 Aug 21:33 UDINESE - Two suitors for ALI ADNAN
- 22 Aug 16:40 SAMPDORIA closer and closer to sign TONELLI from Napoli
- 22 Aug 10:38 SASSUOLO in for Duván ZAPATA
- 22 Aug 08:47 TORINO willing ACQUAH to stay put
- 21 Aug 15:57 CAGLIARI - Duel to Benevento on MATRI
- 21 Aug 13:47 NAPOLI turn AS Monaco down and offer GHOULAM a renewal
- 21 Aug 09:07 LAZIO - Suggestion for Swiss all-rounder ZIEGLER
- 20 Aug 19:04 GENOA approaching Newcastle full-back Achraf LAZAAR
- 19 Aug 12:07 CHIEVO VERONA challenge Udinese on ZAMPANO
- 18 Aug 09:18 OFFICIAL - Genoa sign ROSSETTINI from Torino
- 17 Aug 21:45 LAZIO working on Jordan LUKAKU's new deal
- 17 Aug 13:11 OFFICIAL - Fiorentina sign SIMEONE, Gil DIAS, and BIRAGHI
- 17 Aug 12:00 OFFICIAL - Udinese sign Valon BEHRAMI
- 16 Aug 22:48 OFFICIAL - Torino sign Umar SADIQ from AS Roma
- 16 Aug 10:02 SAMPDORIA dreaming of getting EDER back from Inter Milan
- 15 Aug 22:09 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Lazio keen on Depor's JUANFRAN
- 15 Aug 11:12 TORINO - Umar SADIQ to undergo medical
- 15 Aug 05:20 BENEVENTO get closer to Italian veteran striker MATRI
- 14 Aug 18:01 GENOA working on getting ANSALDI back from Inter Milan
- 14 Aug 10:23 TORINO approaching Genoa winger LAZOVIC
- 13 Aug 14:20 LAZIO - A new Italian suitor for DJORDJEVIC
- 13 Aug 07:58 AC MILAN - 4 Serie A suitors for young forward CUTRONE
- 12 Aug 13:12 NAPOLI - Two new suitors for PAVOLETTI
- 12 Aug 00:01 OFFICIAL - Torino sign RINCON from Juventus
- 11 Aug 20:05 ATALANTA & UDINESE - Duel for ZAMPANO
- 11 Aug 15:04 SAMPDORIA, Ricky ALVAREZ's agent: "Three clubs on him, but he wants to stay put"
- 10 Aug 23:24 TORINO - Done for RINCON from Juventus. Medical scheduled for next morning
- 10 Aug 18:39 OFFICIAL - Atalanta sign DE ROON back from Middlesbrough
- 10 Aug 15:05 TORINO withdraw a cash bid from England for ACQUAH
- 10 Aug 09:55 ATALANTA - Done for DE ROON: medical today
- 10 Aug 08:42 OFFICIAL - Fiorentina sign BENASSI and EYSSERIC
- 07 Aug 19:12 SAMPDORIA approaching BENALI for replacing Ricky Alvarez
- 07 Aug 17:44 OFFICIAL - Inter Milan loan BIABIANY out to Sparta Prague
- 07 Aug 13:33 FIORENTINA pursuing Napoli flankman STRINIC
- 07 Aug 11:03 FIORENTINA - A new Turkish suitor for BABACAR
- 05 Aug 22:08 OFFICIAL - Martin CACERES joins Hellas Verona
- 05 Aug 07:38 BOLOGNA - One more suitor for CRISETIG
- 04 Aug 21:41 SASSUOLO - Eyes on FARIAS if Politano leaves
- 04 Aug 18:53 CROTONE - No deal with Juventus on KEAN
- 04 Aug 17:27 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria sign FERRARI and RAMIREZ
- 03 Aug 23:32 TORINO - One more suitor for BENASSI
- 03 Aug 20:55 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Chievo Verona, a bid from Turkey placed for BIRSA
- 03 Aug 18:44 AS ROMA - Monchi: "Pellegrini return was one of my first target"
- 03 Aug 15:24 GENOA challenge city rivals Sampdoria on ROSSETTINI
- 03 Aug 13:13 SAMPDORIA closing in on FERRARI from Sassuolo
- 03 Aug 11:57 BOLOGNA turn down Sassuolo on both DI FRANCESCO and MASINA
Playing for AS Monaco since 2012/13, Italian defensive all-rounder Andrea Raggi (33), according to latest French news, is about to have his contract with Ligue 1 reigning champions officially extended, from June 2018 to 2019. Despite not having ever been a senior international, f
After his last two, unfortunate experiences, at Udinese and AS Bari, Italian 54-year old Stefano Colantuono might be the one called by Benevento board
Asked about rumours linking him to Inter Milan interest, Spanish international forward and Athletic Bilbao star Iñaki Williams (23): "
Liverpool are ready to sell defender Lloyd Jones to Preston in January, according to the Daily Mirror. The Championship club wanted to sign Jone
Playing for AS Monaco since 2012/13, Italian defensive all-rounder Andrea Raggi (33), according to latest French news, is about to have his contract w
According to Sport Bild, RB Leipzig set a 100 million euros release clause on French Under-20 international centre-back Dayot Upamecano (19)