AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, itâ€™s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 08.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 24 Jul 19:38 OFFICIAL - Hellas Verona sign BUCHEL from Empoli
- 24 Jul 18:16 SASSUOLO more and more likely to sign Italian youngster FAVILLI
- 24 Jul 12:20 NAPOLI meet Fiorentina on CHIESA: plan for 2018
- 23 Jul 22:20 OFFICIAL - Bologna sign Uruguayan playmaker FALLETTI
- 21 Jul 18:33 FIORENTINA approaching Matteo POLITANO
- 21 Jul 09:48 AC MILAN - Leonel VANGIONI to leave and join Monterrey
- 20 Jul 22:39 GENOA in touch with Rodrigo PALACIO
- 20 Jul 21:56 SAMPDORIA approaching Assane DIOUSSE
- 20 Jul 18:57 OFFICIAL - AS Roma sign DEFREL from Sassuolo
- 20 Jul 14:00 NAPOLI - Albiol: "I win Serie A, then I'll think about the future"
- 20 Jul 13:22 TORINO not giving up on TONELLI
- 20 Jul 09:06 SAMPDORIA - Now SCHICK is due to join Inter Milan (in August)
- 19 Jul 16:51 OFFICIAL - Serie A greenhorns Benevento sign D'ALESSANDRO from Atalanta
- 19 Jul 14:47 UDINESE - Two steps for rising star goalie MERET: renewal first, then loan back to SPAL
- 19 Jul 12:44 GENOA - Rolando MANDRAGORA likely to join back from Juventus
- 19 Jul 10:46 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sampdoria, lead over Spanish and German rivals on Jorge MERE
- 19 Jul 10:04 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa closer and closer to sign GOLDANIGA
- 19 Jul 09:23 INTER MILAN closer and closer to sign VECINO
- 18 Jul 21:01 OFFICIAL - Genoa sign LAPADULA from AC Milan
- 18 Jul 18:06 GENOA working on Napoli winger GIACCHERINI
- 18 Jul 11:14 BREAKING NEWS - Wojciech SZCZESNY undergoing medical for Juventus
- 18 Jul 10:38 JUVENTUS might loan KEAN out to Feyenoord
- 17 Jul 12:40 OFFICIAL - Torino sign BERENGUER from Osasuna
- 17 Jul 09:44 LAZIO - Lucas LEIVA undergoing medical
- 16 Jul 16:39 UDINESE - Eyes on TAIDER
- 15 Jul 23:21 OFFICIAL - Juventus loan ORSOLINI out to Atalanta
- 15 Jul 20:36 OFFICIAL - Andrea BERTOLACCI joins Genoa back
- 15 Jul 17:59 NAPOLI - A new suitor for PAVOLETTI
- 14 Jul 20:25 FIORENTINA - A new Spanish suitor for Mati FERNANDEZ
- 14 Jul 13:19 TORINO - IMBULA says yes to move: Stoke City resist
- 13 Jul 21:12 OFFICIAL - Benevento sign Andrea COSTA from Empoli
- 13 Jul 20:27 OFFICIAL - Genoa sign NicolĂˇs SPOLLI
- 13 Jul 09:47 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 2 Serie A suitors for Argentinian free agent IZCO
- 13 Jul 09:05 OFFICIAL - Hellas Verona sign HEURTAUX from Udinese
- 12 Jul 22:41 OFFICIAL - Genoa sign former Sampdoria defender ZUKANOVIC
- 12 Jul 21:14 OFFICIAL - Hellas Verona sign CASSANO, CERCI, and ZUCULINI
- 12 Jul 17:39 JUVENTUS - 2 more suitors for TomĂˇs RINCON
- 12 Jul 13:22 OFFICIAL - Sassuolo extend deals with ACERBI and ADJAPONG
- 12 Jul 09:07 TORINO - Done for DONSAH
- 11 Jul 23:33 NAPOLI - A Serie A suitor for long-time loanee Jacopo DEZI
- 11 Jul 08:17 OFFICIAL - Inter Milan sign BORJA VALERO from Fiorentina
- 10 Jul 18:09 AS ROMA in talks with Schalke on NASTASIC
- 10 Jul 15:15 FIORENTINA - Done for EYSSERIC from OGC Nice
- 10 Jul 09:40 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign ANDREOLLI, CIGARINI, and MIANGUE. Pisacane extends
- 09 Jul 17:26 HELLAS VERONA closer and closer to CERCI
- 08 Jul 13:47 TORINO closer and closer to sign ZAPATA from Napoli
- 07 Jul 22:32 OFFICIAL - Napoli sign Adam OUNAS from Bordeaux
- 07 Jul 14:02 OFFICIAL - Genoa sign Bulgarian striker GALABINOV
- 07 Jul 12:43 NAPOLI - Mario Rui undergoing medical next Monday
- 07 Jul 10:41 OFFICIAL - Inter Milan sign Milan SKRINIAR from Sampdoria
- 06 Jul 16:13 UDINESE - Senegalese talent COULIBALY undergoing medical
- 06 Jul 14:25 CHIEVO VERONA in talks with AS Roma on SECK and ZUKANOVIC
- 06 Jul 12:23 OFFICIAL - Crotone sign BUDIMIR and KRAGL
- 05 Jul 20:12 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria icon PALOMBO quits playing and joins training staff
- 05 Jul 09:20 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Bologna, a Turkish suitor for MOUNIER
- 04 Jul 20:26 ATALANTA planning a bid for Jordan FERRI
- 04 Jul 16:01 OFFICIAL - Chievo Verona sign veteran GOBBI on a new contract
- 04 Jul 10:10 OFFICIAL - Serie A greenhorns SPAL announce 4 players joining in
- 03 Jul 16:59 OFFICIAL - AS Roma welcome 3 new players
- 03 Jul 11:57 ATALANTA working on getting DE ROON back from Boro
- 02 Jul 02:28 OFFICIAL - Lazio sign MARUSIC from Oostende
- 30 Jun 21:23 CAGLIARI in talks with Empoli on Rade KRUNIC
- 30 Jun 12:14 HELLAS VERONA in talks with Juventus on 3 youngsters
- 25 Jun 22:22 UDINESE - One more suitor for WIDMER
- 24 Jun 18:04 NAPOLI - A Turkish suitor for PAVOLETTI
- 24 Jun 16:28 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Lazio back for KASAMI
- 23 Jun 22:45 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign CAPUANO on new deal
- 23 Jun 20:28 TORINO submit Napoli first cash bid for DuvĂˇn ZAPATA
- 23 Jun 11:55 BOLOGNA dreaming of Wesley SNEIJDER
- 22 Jun 20:26 GENOA set exit fee on SIMEONE. 4 clubs willing to sign him
- 22 Jun 19:45 OFFICIAL - Sassuolo sign 4 veterans on a new contract
- 22 Jun 15:27 EXCLUSIVE TMW - JUVENTUS, 2 Serie A greenhorns keen on MATTIELLO
- 22 Jun 09:44 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Lazio, 2 new suitors for DJORDJEVIC
- 21 Jun 21:34 SAMPDORIA about to close in on ILICIC
- 21 Jun 11:44 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AC Milan meeting LAPADULA's agent: suitors await
- 21 Jun 10:22 OFFICIAL - Bologna sign DE MAIO
- 20 Jun 21:51 FIORENTINA - Eyes on young all-rounder DEPAOLI
- 20 Jun 13:54 AS ROMA - Deal with KARSDORP. Talks with Feyenoord open
- 20 Jun 08:37 SAMPDORIA, Skriniar: "Joining Inter Milan? I don't know if I'm ready for it"
- 19 Jun 23:22 AS ROMA - Done for SERI from OGC Nice
- 19 Jun 13:07 AC MILAN - Bertolacci might be heading back to Genoa
- 19 Jun 11:01 UDINESE about to announce having signed Albano BIZZARRI
- 18 Jun 21:47 EXCLUSIVE TMW - A new Serie A suitor for MEMUSHAJ
- 17 Jun 13:37 TORINO - Eyes on Jan GREGUS
- 16 Jun 12:44 NAPOLI - Eyes on DI FRANCESCO
- 16 Jun 10:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Inter Milan, PUSCAS to be loaned to Benevento again
- 15 Jun 22:52 NAPOLI, Allan's agent: "The club told me he's a key asset. Watford keen on him"
- 15 Jun 14:34 LAZIO submit Atalanta bid for Papu GOMEZ
- 14 Jun 23:20 SASSUOLO - Suggestion for AC Milan defender PALETTA
- 14 Jun 10:31 CHIEVO VERONA about to sign PALOSCHI back from Atalanta
- 13 Jun 20:25 OFFICIAL - Eusebio Di Francesco is the new AS ROMA boss
- 13 Jun 15:26 OFFICIAL - AS Roma sign HĂ©ctor MORENO from PSV
- 13 Jun 11:43 TORINO - Overall agreement with SIRIGU
- 12 Jun 19:40 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Napoli, 2 Serie A suitors for goalie SEPE
- 11 Jun 09:10 GENOA closing in on bringing CRISCITO back
- 09 Jun 21:49 SASSUOLO - Eyes on CAPRARI
- 09 Jun 12:44 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Fiorentina, BADELJ's agent: "There are very few chances he'll stay put"
- 09 Jun 11:04 NAPOLI set cash request on PAVOLETTI. 5 Serie A suitors on him
- 08 Jun 19:47 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sassuolo, Premier League and Bundesliga clubs on DEFREL
- 08 Jun 16:44 LAZIO - Eyes on Leverkusen star CALHANOGLU
Augsburg announced having extended four players' contracts: 33-year old German midfielder Daniel Baier (until June 2019), 29-year old Brazilian forward Caiuby (until 2020), 26-year old Dutch centre-back Jeffrey Gouweleeuw and 23-year old German left-back P
Hellas Verona announced having signed Liechtensteiner international central midfielder Marcel Büchel (26) from Empoli. Former Juventus
Getafe announced having signed Portuguese left-back Vitorino Antunes (30, in the pic on the left back in 2010, when playing for AS Roma), joining in f
Playing for Huddersfield Town since last summer, German centre-back Christopher Schindler (27) had his deal with Terriers officially extende
Playing for Troyes since last summer, almost 25-year French-Martinican centre-back Christophe Hérelle had his contract with next Ligu
Augsburg announced having extended four players' contracts: 33-year old German midfielder Daniel Baier (until June 2019), 29-year o