AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, itâ€™s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 08.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 24 Feb 15:35 LAZIO - Wesley HOEDT close to new contract
- 23 Feb 13:49 ATALANTA, Conti's agent: "Napoli have been fond of him since ever, but..."
- 23 Feb 09:50 AC MILAN, Mati FERNANDEZ's agent: "He'll be playing more. Moving to China? We'll see"
- 22 Feb 19:35 ATALANTA submit Rafael TOLOI deal extension offer
- 22 Feb 11:10 LAZIO - Albanian goalie STRAKOSHA about to extend long-term
- 22 Feb 09:43 CAGLIARI to sign a North Korean youngster
- 21 Feb 19:42 FIORENTINA, Gonzalo RODRIGUEZ's agent opens to AS Roma and Sampdoria
- 21 Feb 15:19 JUVENTUS - Bonucci on the stand against Porto after Allegri incident
- 21 Feb 09:27 CHIEVO VERONA submit new deal offer to head coach MARAN
- 20 Feb 13:11 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 5 top clubs keen on AS Roma loanee VERDE
- 20 Feb 10:27 TORINO, Zappacosta: "AS Roma keen on me? I didn't hear anything about that"
- 20 Feb 08:22 OFFICIAL - Andrea MANDORLINI is the new manager for GENOA
- 19 Feb 08:44 LAZIO - Duel to Fiorentina on ANDONE
- 18 Feb 21:12 ATALANTA turn down Beijing Guoan bid for PALOSCHI
- 17 Feb 19:37 INTER MILAN, Santon: "My future? We'll see what happens, I'm happy anyway"
- 17 Feb 12:18 SERIE A - Ambrosini: "AC Milan? I see me in New York..."
- 16 Feb 22:52 OFFICIAL - AS Roma loan out GYOMBER to TEREK GROZNY
- 16 Feb 15:04 OFFICIAL - TORINO sign young hitman De Luca on a new deal
- 15 Feb 17:59 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma planning to sign Chievo core-player HETEMAJ
- 15 Feb 11:48 JUVENTUS - Chelsea manager Conte dreams of MARCHISIO
- 14 Feb 23:26 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 200=-born talent BERON training with ATALANTA
- 14 Feb 22:44 OFFICIAL - Cagliari extend deal with RAFAEL
- 14 Feb 20:37 OFFICIAL - Pescara sack Massimo ODDO
- 14 Feb 16:33 FIORENTINA - Chiesa: "I dream to become Captain"
- 14 Feb 12:47 INTER MILAN to submit Sampdoria a cash bid for SCHICK soon
- 13 Feb 20:50 FIORENTINA - Toledo about to leave and join LanÃºs
- 13 Feb 13:24 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Fiorentina scouting Huracan's IRITIER
- 13 Feb 11:48 NAPOLI - Reina 'looking forward' to Real Madrid Champions match
- 13 Feb 10:41 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Beijing Guoan submit Atalanta second bid for PALOSCHI
- 11 Feb 21:18 FIORENTINA scouting Flamengo's Felipe VIZEU
- 11 Feb 10:06 FIORENTINA v UDINESE, a History in Players: Felipe was an old-time Viola
- 10 Feb 19:00 JUVENTUS - Marko Pjaca: â€œBeing out of action for around three months wasnâ€™t easy"
- 10 Feb 12:23 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Atalanta, a new Chinese suitor for PALOSCHI
- 10 Feb 10:44 JUVENTUS - Allegri doubts: to stay or risking changing
- 10 Feb 08:44 EMPOLI - Thiam: "Inter get angry, I played with them in Youth team..."
- 09 Feb 14:50 FIORENTINA turns down Chinese bids again
- 08 Feb 23:17 NAPOLI submit renewal offer to ZIELINSKI
- 08 Feb 12:25 TORINO in talks with veteran defender MORETTI on a new contract
- 07 Feb 22:03 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Empoli willing to extend 3 veteran player contracts
- 07 Feb 16:09 OFFICIAL - CARMONA leaves Atalanta and joins ATLANTA UTD.
- 07 Feb 13:30 JUVENTUS - Dani Alves: "Here to make history"
- 06 Feb 17:37 LAZIO receive a majestic cash bid from China for FELIPE ANDERSON
- 06 Feb 14:47 AS ROMA scouting Sampdoria talent LINETTY
- 03 Feb 10:25 OFFICIAL - TORINO sign two youngsters and loan MARTINEZ out
- 02 Feb 20:55 TORINO - Maxi LOPEZ still possibly leaving
- 31 Jan 23:15 OFFICIAL - CHIEVO VERONA sign GAKPE from Genoa
- 31 Jan 22:12 OFFICIAL - LA GALAXY sign Romain ALESSANDRINI from Marseille
- 31 Jan 21:34 JUVENTUS - Serie A little side trying to sign 2000-born KEAN
- 31 Jan 19:23 OFFICIAL - Napoli hand EL KADDOURI out to Empoli
- 31 Jan 17:51 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA buy Djuricic back from Benfica
- 31 Jan 17:07 OFFICIAL - CAGLIARI bring Deiola and Ibarbo back. Giannetti renew and gets loaned out
- 31 Jan 16:46 OFFICIAL - GENOA sign PALLADINO back from Crotone
- 31 Jan 14:51 BOLOGNA - Donsah's agent: "He's not moving now"
- 31 Jan 13:41 LAZIO in loan-out talks with Chievo on KISHNA
- 31 Jan 11:05 AS ROMA - Summer move done for KESSIE
- 31 Jan 09:33 ATALANTA - 3 clubs pursuing PALOSCHI
- 30 Jan 15:14 AS ROMA - Grenier already training with the team
- 30 Jan 12:28 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign SILVESTRE on a new contract
- 30 Jan 11:05 AS ROMA working on KESSIE deal
- 30 Jan 09:58 GENOA welcoming former Juventus man PALLADINO back
- 30 Jan 03:03 LAZIO - Ravel MORRISON might get back to QPR
- 30 Jan 00:33 OFFICIAL - FIORENTINA sign SAPONARA from Empoli
- 29 Jan 12:52 OFFICIAL - NAPOLI loan LASICKI to Carpi
- 29 Jan 02:46 OFFICIAL - UDINESE sign GNOUKOURI on loan from Inter Milan
- 28 Jan 17:54 SAMPDORIA turn down Spanish bid and Belgian one for CIGARINI
- 28 Jan 00:04 INTER MILAN - A returning suitor for NAGATOMO
- 27 Jan 17:36 OFFICIAL - Former Fiorentina youngster ACOSTY joins CROTONE
- 26 Jan 19:24 OFFICIAL - CAGLIARI sign Belgian youngster MIANGUE on loan from Inter Milan
- 26 Jan 16:42 AS ROMA, Juan Jesus: "Spalletti wanted me since many time"
- 25 Jan 16:47 OFFICIAL - EMPOLI sign Miha ZAJC
- 23 Jan 15:57 INTER MILAN - BIABIANY tempted by Chinese outlook
- 23 Jan 10:33 SAMPDORIA - Duel to Chinese and Turkish suitors on IBARBO
- 21 Jan 16:06 OFFICIAL - Chievo Verona loan FLORO FLORES to AS Bari
- 21 Jan 13:12 OFFICIAL - BOLOGNA sign Alex FERRARI on a new contract
- 20 Jan 15:42 OFFICIAL - JUVENTUS loan KASTANOS to Pescara
- 20 Jan 14:59 OFFICIAL - UDINESE loan AGUIRRE to Nacional Montevideo
- 20 Jan 13:31 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sampdoria, a Major League Soccer suitor for CIGARINI
- 19 Jan 11:03 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Palermo, HILJEMARK about to join DYNAMO KYIV
- 18 Jan 13:40 TORINO - Closing in with Chievo on Lucas CASTRO
- 18 Jan 10:57 OFFICIAL - AC MILAN sign BONAVENTURA on a new contract
- 18 Jan 00:45 CAGLIARI - 2 important pursuers for Italian sensation BARELLA
- 16 Jan 18:23 ATALANTA - Eyes on Icelandic midfielder GUNNARSSON
- 16 Jan 15:30 CHIEVO VERONA - Valter BIRSA more and more tempted by Chinese proposal
- 15 Jan 18:31 OFFICIAL - FIORENTINA sign SPORTIELLO and extend deal with CHIESA
- 15 Jan 06:09 OFFICIAL - GENOA sign CATALDI and RUBINHO
- 14 Jan 02:38 EXCLUSIVE TMW - SAMPDORIA, 2 suitors for CIGARINI
- 13 Jan 23:21 OFFICIAL - Fabio QUAGLIARELLA pens new contract for SAMPDORIA
- 13 Jan 12:54 GENOA - CATALDI about to join from Lazio
- 12 Jan 23:26 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FIORENTINA, 2 River Plate forwards on target
- 11 Jan 22:12 LAZIO - Biglia still in renewal talks. Chinese and US bids for him
- 11 Jan 12:14 OFFICIAL - GABRIEL pens new contract for AC Milan and joins CAGLIARI on loan. STORARI on the other way around
- 11 Jan 08:58 OFFICIAL - GENOA sign TAARABT from Benfica
- 10 Jan 21:47 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AC MILAN to loan Rodrigo ELY to CROTONE
- 10 Jan 14:21 AC MILAN & CAGLIARI about to seal the deal on STORARI-GABRIEL loan swap
- 10 Jan 00:26 EXCLUSIVE TMW - TORINO back for Edgar BARRETO
- 09 Jan 21:43 EXCLUSIVE TMW - GENOA target Villa's GOLLINI as a replacement for Perin
- 09 Jan 18:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - TORINO, 2 Belgian suitors for Josef MARTINEZ
- 09 Jan 14:45 OFFICIAL - Italian veteran striker GILARDINO joins PESCARA
- 09 Jan 14:07 OFFICIAL - PALERMO sign Stefan SILVA
- 08 Jan 20:48 OFFICIAL - GENOA sign PINILLA, MOROSINI and BEGHETTO
AC Milan are considering launching a £27m summer bid for Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, according to the Daily Telegraph. The 29-year-old rejected opportunities leave Chelsea in January and reiterated his desire to stay at the club this summer after the victory over Swan
According to Italian news, former Dutch Under-21 international centre-back Wesley Hoedt (turning 23 next March 6), despite a seesawing quality in
More and more likely to be sacked after the end of current season, Spanish 46-year old Luis Enrique, according to SFR Sport, might be replaced as Barc
According to latest UK news, Manchester City management are trying to swoop in and eradicate competition coming from Tottenham on signing English Unde
Turning 27 on Saturday, February 25, Moroccan international attacking midfielder Younès Belhanda, asked by French media about his fut
Playing for Bayer Leverkusen since last summer, and offering the umpteenth very good seasonal performance, Austrian international defensive midfielder