AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 08.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 23 Feb 21:23 OFFICIAL - Fiorentina sign 2000-born ones VLAHOVIC and GORGOS
- 23 Feb 16:34 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Chievo Verona approaching AC Milan-homegroomed striker FABBRO
- 23 Feb 14:29 TORINO, N'Koulou's agent: "No exit clause on his future contract"
- 23 Feb 11:42 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Atalanta and Sampdoria keen on third-tier defender BOGDAN. German inquiries as well
- 22 Feb 23:31 EXCLUSIVE TMW - A Serie A suitor for Sassuolo loanee BANDINELLI
- 22 Feb 20:09 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria sign DODO over to Santos
- 22 Feb 16:37 NAPOLI, Sarri: "ZIELINSKI will be the new De Bruyne"
- 22 Feb 11:41 SAMPDORIA close to seal the extension deal with Edgar BARRETO
- 22 Feb 08:24 OFFICIAL - Mattia VALOTI extends for Hellas Verona
- 21 Feb 22:55 7 Serie A carefully watching Brescia wonderkid TONALI development
- 21 Feb 09:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Benevento in extension talks with Nicolas VIOLA
- 20 Feb 12:00 GENOA midfielder BRLEK to be delivered back to Wisla Krakow
- 19 Feb 16:40 OFFICIAL - Young goalie CRAGNO extends for Cagliari
- 19 Feb 13:54 GENOA offer PANDEV deal extension
- 16 Feb 22:50 ATALANTA agree terms on FREULER deal extension
- 16 Feb 22:06 BOLOGNA in renewal talks with goalie-captain MIRANTE
- 16 Feb 18:32 EXCLUSIVE TMW - One more Serie A suitor for Abel HERNANDEZ
- 16 Feb 14:17 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Udinese approaching Defensor forward CARNEIRO
- 16 Feb 08:47 BOLOGNA - 3 non-Italian clubs tracking DESTRO
- 15 Feb 12:40 TORINO - Suitors for N'KOULOU increasing
- 15 Feb 00:40 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign Faragò on new contract
- 14 Feb 21:50 LAZIO working on two new young items of interest
- 14 Feb 19:12 GENOA in talks with Belgrano on Cristian ROMERO 2€m move
- 14 Feb 16:33 BOLOGNA making or breaking it with DESTRO. Club meeting agent
- 12 Feb 20:24 OFFICIAL - Crotone loan SULJIC and ARISTOTELES out. TONEV resigns
- 12 Feb 16:50 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sampdoria, Ricky ALVAREZ set to join Velez back next summer
- 12 Feb 15:31 EXCLUSIVE TMW - SPAL board meet MANDORLINI for possible boss change
- 10 Feb 11:02 LAZIO star Luis Alberto's agent: "He's unlikely to leave next summer"
- 10 Feb 04:06 OFFICIAL - Benevento loan ARMENTEROS out to Portland Timbers
- 08 Feb 20:52 FIORENTINA, Badelj: "I could even stay put. Pioli is great"
- 08 Feb 13:12 AS ROMA, Perotti: "I'd like to join Boca Juniors back"
- 08 Feb 09:07 OFFICIAL - Lazio sign LUIS ALBERTO on new long-term
- 07 Feb 23:14 OFFICIAL - Udinese announce bringing Felipe VIZEU in
- 07 Feb 21:44 SPAL, Meret's agent: "I think he'll be a regular for Udinese or Watford, next season"
- 07 Feb 17:33 JUVENTUS, Sturaro's agent: "Premier League would be a fascinating solution for his future"
- 07 Feb 12:49 SAMPDORIA planning to offer BARRETO a deal extension
- 07 Feb 09:27 GENOA - Jawad EL YAMIQ undergoing medical
- 06 Feb 17:00 OFFICIAL - Torino sign RINCON on a full basis from Juventus
- 05 Feb 22:01 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Maggio's agent: "We'll meet Napoli next spring on deal extension"
- 05 Feb 16:24 Serie A stray dogs BENEVENTO keen on two more deluxe free agents
- 04 Feb 21:22 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Cagliari and Sassuolo ready to get back on PARIGINI
- 03 Feb 14:25 OFFICIAL - Bacary SAGNA joins Benevento
- 02 Feb 23:29 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign VAN DER WIEL over to Toronto FC
- 02 Feb 19:53 OFFICIAL - Benevento sign PUGGIONI and TOSCA
- 02 Feb 19:10 OFFICIAL - Alessandro MATRI signed on a new deal by Sassuolo
- 01 Feb 18:50 OFFICIAL - Daniel BESSA joins Genoa
- 01 Feb 17:23 OFFICIAL - Hellas Verona sign Rolando AARONS from Newcastle
- 01 Feb 13:48 OFFICIAL - Crotone sign Moussa DIABY from PSG
- 01 Feb 10:28 OFFICIAL - Sassuolo sign BABACAR and buy LIROLA back from Juventus
- 01 Feb 09:56 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign CALIGARA from Juventus development area
- 01 Feb 09:20 OFFICIAL - Bologna sign ORSOLINI and Simone ROMAGNOLI
- 01 Feb 07:25 OFFICIAL - Chievo Verona sign GIACCHERINI and TANASIJEVIC
- 31 Jan 21:37 OFFICIAL - Oscar HILJEMARK joins Genoa back
- 31 Jan 16:44 OFFICIAL - Lazio loan TOUNKARA out and sign MALOKU from Bayern
- 31 Jan 08:41 GENOA - Done for Daniel BESSA
- 30 Jan 21:33 OFFICIAL - Bologna sign Nehuén PAZ
- 30 Jan 20:08 OFFICIAL - Crotone sign ZANELLATO
- 30 Jan 18:13 INTER MILAN - A last-minute Turkish chance for NAGATOMO
- 30 Jan 09:47 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sassuolo to keep POLITANO and try signing D'ALESSANDRO
- 30 Jan 08:28 SSC NAPOLI - Ready to sign Politano
- 29 Jan 16:11 RMC SPORT -Gabbiadini's agent: "He stays in Premier"
- 26 Jan 22:01 OFFICIAL - Udinese sign ZAMPANO from Pescara
- 26 Jan 12:55 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sassuolo want VERDE if Politano leaves
- 25 Jan 11:49 2 Serie A clubs keen on CA Colón young captain Germán CONTI
- 23 Jan 20:08 OFFICIAL - Hellas Verona sign Serbian international VUKOVIC from Olympiakos
- 23 Jan 08:37 JUVENTUS chief exec MAROTTA: "We want Emre Can. De Vrij is not a target of ours"
- 22 Jan 21:24 OFFICIAL - Las Palmas announce landing LEMOS to Sassuolo
- 22 Jan 18:50 BOLOGNA keen on former Fiorentina icon Manuel PASQUAL
- 20 Jan 22:05 OFFICIAL - Bologna sign TAIDER over to Montreal Impact
- 20 Jan 08:37 ATALANTA back tracking LAXALT
- 19 Jan 22:48 OFFICIAL - SANDRO joins Benevento
- 19 Jan 22:12 OFFICIAL - Hellas Verona sign BOLDOR back from Bologna
- 19 Jan 18:06 OFFICIAL - SPAL sign EVERTON LUIZ
- 19 Jan 16:08 FIORENTINA, Carlos SANCHEZ's agent: "He's staying put. He isn't joining back Colombia, at least"
- 19 Jan 14:07 OFFICIAL - Federico RICCI joins Crotone back from Sassuolo
- 18 Jan 19:37 OFFICIAL - Benevento loan CICIRETTI out to Parma
- 18 Jan 17:30 OFFICIAL - Ricardo CENTURION says Genoa farewell again, and joins Racing back
- 18 Jan 13:58 OFFICIAL - Benevento get DJURICIC in and sign GRAVILLON over
- 18 Jan 11:17 OFFICIAL - Sassuolo sign young winger MOTA CARVALHO
- 17 Jan 22:40 OFFICIAL - Crotone sign BENALI from Pescara
- 17 Jan 13:43 AC MILAN - stop to the Boca Juniors-Gomez negotiation: offer too low
- 17 Jan 10:42 OFFICIAL - Torino loan DE LUCA out to third-tier side
- 16 Jan 17:37 OFFICIAL - Sassuolo sign veteran GAZZOLA over to Parma
- 16 Jan 11:30 TORINO turn to TAIDER
- 15 Jan 19:29 OFFICIAL - Benevento loan CHIBSAH out to Frosinone
- 15 Jan 13:16 OFFICIAL - Atalanta sign Luca RIZZO
- 14 Jan 07:43 OFFICIAL - SPAL sign DRAME and CIONEK
- 12 Jan 22:47 SAMPDORIA, Praet's agent: "No immediate transfer to Juventus, but..."
- 12 Jan 01:48 OFFICIAL - SPAL sign Jasmin KURTIC from Atalanta
- 12 Jan 01:13 CAGLIARI - 2 suitors for FARIAS
- 11 Jan 14:44 OFFICIAL - Hellas Verona sign Ryder MATOS from Udinese
- 10 Jan 17:38 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa close to sign DE MAIO back
- 09 Jan 23:07 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sassuolo target Genoa defender ROSSETTINI
- 09 Jan 14:40 HELLAS VERONA - Daniel BESSA to leave soon: 2 clubs pursuing him
- 09 Jan 09:47 SPAL about to sign KURTIC from Atalanta
- 07 Jan 18:12 CHIEVO VERONA - 2 English clubs keen on young Belgian playmaker BASTIEN
- 07 Jan 09:17 SPAL - 4 Premier League suitors for backline leader VICARI
- 06 Jan 15:04 2 Serie A clubs eyeing FC Sion midfielder KASAMI
- 05 Jan 17:43 ATALANTA - Jasmin KURTIC possibly leaving. 3 clubs keen on him
- 05 Jan 15:52 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AC Milan departee GOMEZ turns down 3 proposals: he wants Boca
Playing for Portuguese Primeira Liga side Portimonense since the end of last August, Japanese winger Shoya Nakajima (23), displaying a forceful impact on the league, has been targeted by 3 Bundesliga clubs, according to Transfermarkt.de: Borussia Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfur
Fiorentina announced having signed Serbian striker Dusan Vlahovic (18, in the tweet below) and Swedish midfielder Mark Frank Gorgos (17), both 20
Charged with attempted manslaughter in court, and accused of assault, illegal possession of firearms, and robbery, Portuguese centre-back R&uacut
As extensively predicted, West Ham announced having signed Portuguese international centre-back José Fonte (34) over to Chinese Super Leag
En Avant Guingamp announced having signed Isaac Drogba (17), 2000-born son of Ivorian glorious striker Didier Drogba, on a development area deal. Drog
Playing for Portuguese Primeira Liga side Portimonense since the end of last August, Japanese winger Shoya Nakajima (23), displaying a forceful impact