AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 08.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 13:33 MILAN set to extend wonderkid Donnarumma's contract by the end of February
- 28 Sep 08:05 NAPOLI, Jorginho: "We are not thinking about Higuain"
- 27 Sep 23:27 NAPOLI in deal extension talks with INSIGNE jr.
- 27 Sep 22:57 INTER MILAN - Ausilio approaching MOROSINI harder
- 27 Sep 16:32 INTER MILAN eye Gijón's wonderkid JORGE MERE
- 26 Sep 21:23 NAPOLI - Gabbiadini's agent: "To establish a long-term relationship with the club"
- 26 Sep 20:31 INTER - Zanetti: "We should't give up on Kondogbia"
- 26 Sep 17:44 AS ROMA - Totti's wife Ilary Blasi: "Spalletti acted like a small man"
- 26 Sep 16:45 JUVENTUS - Medical report on ASAMOAH's surgery
- 26 Sep 11:01 INTER - Joao Mario and Murillo to undergo exams to value injuries extent
- 25 Sep 19:47 Serie A/ Fiorentina 0-0 AC Milan : HT report
- 25 Sep 19:32 JUVENTUS - Pjanic "I will play anywhere for Juventus"
- 25 Sep 14:30 JUVENTUS - Asamoah and Rugani out for 45 days
- 24 Sep 21:49 serie A/ SSC Napoli 2 vs 0 Chievo Verona
- 23 Sep 16:00 INTER MILAN scouting Braga's ROSIC
- 22 Sep 16:15 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "A role model for youngsters and kids, he'd like to end his career with Azzurri"
- 22 Sep 10:33 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "We had a lot of chances"
- 22 Sep 10:09 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The attitude was spot-on"
- 21 Sep 19:59 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "Defeating Lazio gives us edge and moral boost. We are a great group indeed"
- 21 Sep 17:21 AC MILAN- Andriano Gillaini : "De boer was an option for us"
- 21 Sep 11:01 AC MILAN, Montella: "We controlled the game against Lazio"
- 20 Sep 18:16 TORINO look to CONSTANT or Richardson if Boenisch doesn't join
- 20 Sep 17:15 GENOA - Almost done for PAVOLETTI's extension
- 20 Sep 17:00 INTER MILAN-Diego Milito "Icardi on par with Higuain"
- 20 Sep 15:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Büchel about to extend for EMPOLI
- 20 Sep 14:20 EXCLUSIVE TMW - TORINO in touch with BOENISCH
- 19 Sep 21:52 JUVENTUS - Allegri: "I was right to drop Higuain for Inter game"
- 19 Sep 21:34 AC MILAN - Niang sure they will qualify for Europe
- 19 Sep 21:01 Keita ready to extend with LAZIO after great start of the season
- 19 Sep 18:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Cacciatore in deal extension talks with CHIEVO VERONA
- 19 Sep 16:00 JUVENTUS - In talks with Boca Juniors on CUBAS
- 19 Sep 15:03 JUVENTUS, Benatia to undergo medical tests to value injury's extent
- 19 Sep 13:32 INTER- De Boer after beating JUVE: "We're on the right path now"
- 19 Sep 12:33 INTER stop negotiations on Brozovic's new deal after his bad behaviour
- 18 Sep 21:20 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Inter will compete with us for the title"
- 18 Sep 20:38 INTER MILAN, Banega: "With this commitment we can go far"
- 18 Sep 20:10 INTER MILAN, Felipe Melo: "A deserved win tonight but now we must be regular"
- 18 Sep 19:54 Serie A/Fiorentina vs Roma ; starting line up
- 18 Sep 13:47 SERIE A/ UDINESE 1-2 CHIEVO - FT
- 18 Sep 12:36 BARCELONA- Suarez: "We're ready for ATLETICO MADRID"
- 18 Sep 11:38 INTER - Brozovic's agent: "He never caused problems, I've not to speak about his exclusion"
- 18 Sep 07:37 INTER MILAN think of PRANDELLI if De Boer gets sacked or resigns
- 18 Sep 00:20 EXCLUSIVE TMW - EMPOLI submit SAPONARA deal extension offer
- 17 Sep 22:48 NAPOLI, Callejon: "Some strikers in the league will score more than me"
- 17 Sep 22:14 Serie A/ NAPOLI v BOLOGNA 3-1
- 17 Sep 19:04 SERIE A / LAZIO 3-0 PESCARA - FT
- 16 Sep 20:20 Italian Derby Preview - JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are able to meet the high standards set on us"
- 16 Sep 17:30 INTER MILAN dreams of SIMEONE after Colchoneros contract shortening
- 16 Sep 16:30 TORINO [VIDEO] Hart: "No issues with communicating on pitch"
- 16 Sep 16:00 TORINO [VIDEO], Joe Hart: "Changes are quite normal to me, I am really excited"
- 16 Sep 14:30 NAPOLI - GHOULAM about to extend deal
- 16 Sep 12:32 INTER - Ansaldi to be selected for JUVENTUS game: "I'm fine now"
- 15 Sep 19:15 SAMPDORIA offer MURIEL extension offer (with release clause)
- 15 Sep 15:30 AC MILAN - NIANG close to deal extension
- 15 Sep 12:30 JUVENTUS, Dani Alves: "Crucial being clinical in UCL"
- 15 Sep 11:14 JUVENTUS - Chiellini about CL draw: "We need to help our forwards out better"
- 14 Sep 18:36 MERTENS agrees on new contract terms with NAPOLI
- 14 Sep 16:35 LAZIO, Alvaro Gonzalez's agent: "He was about to land to Russia. Argentina might be a solution"
- 13 Sep 22:35 Fans desert San Siro as Milan lose again. Where did it all go wrong for AC Milan?
- 13 Sep 17:31 FIORENTINA, Kalinic's agent " Nikola never wanted to quit"
- 12 Sep 22:25 INTER - Medel, on his contract extension: "My agent takes care of it"
- 12 Sep 19:28 JUVENTUS, Cuadrado: "I did everything to come back"
- 12 Sep 19:15 LAZIO working on DE VRIJ's deal extension
- 12 Sep 14:03 NAPOLI - Albiol can leave for Kiev after solvin burocracy issues
- 11 Sep 19:36 SERIE A / Full Time scores Fixture 3
- 11 Sep 19:25 Serie A - PESCARA v INTER: Joao Mario starts
- 11 Sep 18:00 JUVENTUS, Dani Alves from social networks: "Bravo to my brothers, HIGUAIN and PJANIC"
- 10 Sep 13:57 AS ROMA offer MANOLAS a deal extension
- 10 Sep 09:30 NAPOLI, Big money gap in dealing on INSIGNE's new contract
- 09 Sep 20:00 NAPOLI - Reina: "Future? I am really happy to be here"
- 09 Sep 19:30 INTER MILAN - Doubled annual salary offered to MURILLO
- 09 Sep 17:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "We won't rush MARCHISIO into action"
- 09 Sep 15:00 AS ROMA, Totti: "Spending my whole career at Giallorossi was my dream as a kid"
- 09 Sep 14:30 NAPOLI in bad terms with GHOULAM's agent: deal extension might give a hard time
- 08 Sep 20:15 JUVENTUS, Evra: "Being a Bianconeri man is wonderful"
- 08 Sep 16:00 FIORENTINA, Gonzalo RODRIGUEZ: "We'll talk about deal extension next month"
- 07 Sep 10:54 JUVENTUS trio set to pen a new deal
- 06 Sep 20:27 OFFICIAL - AC MILAN: Zanellato renewed his contract
- 06 Sep 10:25 Mancini replies to Gullit: "He's jealous because he didn't succeed as a coach"
- 05 Sep 21:56 TORINO star Beloit out for three weeks
- 05 Sep 15:00 INTER - Suning's vice CEO Yang Yang: "We want to be considered all over the world"
- 05 Sep 12:16 TORINO FC - Caballero: "World class Hart is like a robot"
- 05 Sep 10:41 MILAN stars Romagnoli and De Sciglio want to pen new deal
- 05 Sep 10:25 Mancini replies to Gullit: "He's jealous because he didn't succeed as a coach"
- 04 Sep 14:53 LAZIO want to offer Keita a new deal despite the quarrel
- 04 Sep 12:11 JUVENTUS - Bonucci close to extend his deal
- 04 Sep 11:43 AC MILAN - Montella: "Pasalic is a talent, José Sosa can play as..."
- 04 Sep 10:46 JUVENTUS - DYBALA: "Playing with MESSI was a dream coming true"
- 03 Sep 17:01 JUVENTUS - Dybala close to extend with a € 5m-per-year deal
- 03 Sep 11:17 NAPOLI, Koulibaly: "I decided to stay because I feel good with this team"
- 03 Sep 10:48 PALERMO and manager Ballardini might part ways
- 02 Sep 18:00 BROZOVIC's agent: "He stayed at INTER not only for the money"
- 01 Sep 16:45 OFFICIAL - CAGLIARI sign TACHTSIDIS from Torino
- 01 Sep 15:06 OFFICIAL - Marchese resigns from GENOA
- 01 Sep 13:46 TORINO, Hart: "I am excited to test myself in Serie A"
- 31 Aug 16:09 OFFICIAL - NAPOLI loan GRASSI back to Atalanta
- 30 Aug 21:22 GENOA - Napoli turned down on PAVOLETTI. Extension is close
- 30 Aug 18:15 OFFICIAL - NAPOLI sign Marko ROG
- 29 Aug 14:20 OFFICIAL - PALERMO sign DIAMANTI and BRUNO HENRIQUE
- 28 Sep 22:31 ATLETICO MADRID, Carrasco: "I've been lucky tonight"
- 28 Sep 22:27 BREAKING NEWS - Prandelli agrees two-year deal at VALENCIA
- 28 Sep 22:12 BAYERN MUNCHEN, Robben: "We'll learn from this defeat"
- 28 Sep 22:08 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We showed great quality of football"
- 28 Sep 21:55 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FULL TIME SCORES
- 28 Sep 20:34 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HALF TIME SCORES
- 28 Sep 20:00 HULL CITY - Kuciak might leave in January
- 28 Sep 19:45 WOLFSBURG - Ascues might be loaned back to Alianza Lima
- 28 Sep 19:42 UCL/ LUDOGORETS v PSG, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:39 UCL/ FC ROSTOV v PSV EINDHOVEN, Official Line-Ups
- 28 Sep 19:35 UCL/ BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH v BARCELONA, Alcacer replaces Messi
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 19:30 UCL/ ARSENAL v BASEL, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:26 UCL/ NAPOLI v BENFICA, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:24 UCL/ BESIKTAS v DYNAMO KIEV, Official Line Ups
- 28 Sep 19:21 UCL/ CELTIC v MAN CITY, Official Line Ups, Kolarov plays as centre-back
- 28 Sep 19:15 Mino RAIOLA wants PSG to sign Bruno DIP
- 28 Sep 19:14 UCL/ ATLETICO MADRID v BAYERN MUNICH, Official Line Ups, Torres starts
- 28 Sep 19:00 LIVERPOOL - 4 winter suitors for STURRIDGE
- 28 Sep 18:45 BARCELONA still aiming for DEMBELE
- 28 Sep 18:30 ARSENAL will having DEFREL scouted tomorrow
- 28 Sep 18:15 THIAGO SILVA puzzled about staying put at PSG
- 28 Sep 18:00 HOFFENHEIM - Süle scouted by 3 Premier League top clubs: ARSENAL, EVERTON & Spurs
- 28 Sep 17:45 LIVERPOOL - Klopp not giving up on BIGLIA
- 28 Sep 17:30 JUVENTUS scouting LINDELOF tonight at Napoli stadium
- 28 Sep 17:15 SCHALKE 04 - Doubts on buying BENTALEB back from Spurs
- 28 Sep 17:00 Yuya OSAKO wants to extend for FC KOLN
- 28 Sep 16:45 TORINO willing to sign HART on a full basis from Man. City
- 28 Sep 16:30 WATFORD - Kabasele tempted to switch to twin club UDINESE
- 28 Sep 16:15 BARCELONA FC standing in JUVENTUS' way on DYBALA renewal talks
- 28 Sep 16:00 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL - Viborg FF sign GORTER
- 28 Sep 15:45 BURNLEY, Keane: "Premier League top clubs wanting me? It's flattering"
- 28 Sep 15:30 SOUTHAMPTON - José FONTE in new contract talks
- 28 Sep 15:15 ARSENAL v FC BASEL, Preview - Wenger: "They won't fear us, they are used to Champions League"
- 28 Sep 15:00 Djibril CISSE might join AUXERRE back
- 28 Sep 14:45 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL - BARNETTA will join St. Gallen back in 2017
- 28 Sep 14:30 OFFICIAL - Pilkington extends for CARDIFF CITY until 2019
- 28 Sep 14:15 NAPOLI - Deal extension talks with MERTENS ongoing
- 28 Sep 14:03 MAN UNITED target SPORTING LISBON Gelson Martins
- 28 Sep 13:48 MONACO -SOUTHAMPTON join MAN UNITED and MILAN in the race to Bakayoko
- 28 Sep 13:33 MILAN set to extend wonderkid Donnarumma's contract by the end of February
- 28 Sep 13:14 ARSENAL - Mesut Ozil set to extend his contract and take number 10
- 28 Sep 13:02 BORUSSIA DORTMUND rejected €60m offer from ARSENAL for Aubameyang last summer
- 28 Sep 12:47 OFFICIAL - SEVILLE: Iborra extends until 2020
- 28 Sep 12:34 BREAKING NEWS - PRANDELLI about to become new VALENCIA manager
- 28 Sep 12:24 OFFICIAL - GRANADA: Paco Jemez sacked after only three months
- 28 Sep 12:17 OFFICIAL - METZ, Sido cancels his contract
- 28 Sep 12:07 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "The performance was good, I am delighted"
- 28 Sep 11:47 LEICESTER, Ranieri: "It was important to score and defend well"
- 28 Sep 11:33 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The attitude was spotted on"
Not satisfied with the position in the team designed for him by Tigers manager Mike Phelan, former Slovakian international goalkeeper Dusan Kuciak (31), according to Sky Sports UK, has made Hull City top brass know he's tempted to leave in winter, if any offer comes for him.
According to latest Italian local news, Lazio chief executive Igli Tare is having Austrian-Croatian winger/half-forward Robert Zulj (24) scouted, and
Seville midfielder Vicente Iborra signed a new contract until 30 June 2020: the club announced it with an official statement on their website.
Bound to a trainee contract to São Paulo for the time being, Brazilian 18-year old full-back/defensive midfielder Bruno Dip, managed by co
Not capable of establishing himself as an important player for Wolfsburg, Peruvian international centre-back Carlos Ascues (24), according to Peruvian