AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 08.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 14 Dec 18:27 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Atalanta to loan out young striker Luca VIDO
- 14 Dec 12:04 OFFICIAL - Torino extend deal with sporting director PETRACHI
- 14 Dec 09:13 GENOA in talks with Aleandro ROSI on new contract
- 13 Dec 17:14 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Torino tracking Velez wonderkid MAXI ROMERO
- 12 Dec 23:14 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 2 Serie A clubs keen on AS Roma and Torino-homegroomed defender MANTOVANI
- 12 Dec 20:14 BENEVENTO - Done for GUILHERME
- 12 Dec 11:21 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Torino, 2 top clubs on 2000-born talent Lhassine KONE
- 10 Dec 18:40 UDINESE set fee on Jakub JANKTO. Premier League and Serie A top clubs on alert
- 09 Dec 17:48 OFFICIAL - Walter ZENGA is the new Crotone boss
- 08 Dec 14:12 CROTONE - Walter ZENGA to be named new manager
- 08 Dec 08:32 CHIEVO & UDINESE - Eyes on MBAKOGU
- 07 Dec 23:23 UDINESE - Emil HALLFREDSSON to leave in winter. Two Serie A suitors
- 07 Dec 21:56 SASSUOLO, Cannavaro's agent: "He's going to join his brother at Guangzhou"
- 07 Dec 18:19 BOLOGNA in talks with Rodrigo PALACIO on new deal
- 07 Dec 09:47 BREAKING NEWS - Diego PEROTTI announces deal extension for AS Roma
- 06 Dec 22:56 BENEVENTO - Test run for DE CEGLIE
- 06 Dec 16:32 OFFICIAL - Boss Davide NICOLA resigns from Crotone
- 06 Dec 13:02 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma approaching former United flankman VARELA
- 06 Dec 10:08 TORINO to loan BONIFAZI out in January. Two Serie A clubs interested
- 05 Dec 20:40 UDINESE, Jankto: "Premier League in my future? Yes, but know staying put is important"
- 05 Dec 17:11 NAPOLI, Milik: "I think I'm going to stay put, but..."
- 04 Dec 23:46 OFFICIAL - Genoa sign Giuseppe ROSSI
- 03 Dec 18:37 FIORENTINA willing to sign LOCATELLI from AC Milan
- 01 Dec 23:14 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Bologna and Chievo target second-tier flankman CELLI
- 01 Dec 22:29 BENEVENTO - Suggestion for DE CEGLIE
- 01 Dec 15:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma to loan wonderkid ANTONUCCI out. 2 suitors come up
- 30 Nov 14:44 OFFICIAL - Lazio sign young goalie GUERRIERI on new contract
- 30 Nov 10:34 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa, Luca RIGONI's agent: "We are ready to sit and talk extension. Otherwise..."
- 29 Nov 16:49 BOLOGNA keen on Benevento main man CICIRETTI
- 29 Nov 09:57 GENOA - Giuseppe ROSSI about to undergo medical
- 28 Nov 18:33 ATALANTA set fee on midfield craque CRISTANTE
- 27 Nov 16:52 OFFICIAL - Sassuolo appoint IACHINI new manager
- 27 Nov 14:04 OFFICIAL - Sassuolo sack Cristian BUCCHI
- 27 Nov 11:56 OFFICIAL - AC Milan sack MONTELLA. Gattuso caretaking the team
- 24 Nov 21:13 TORINO back for DONSAH. Odds are high
- 24 Nov 18:32 TORINO - Suggestion for veteran striker BORRIELLO
- 24 Nov 11:29 LAZIO to start new deal talks with LUIS ALBERTO
- 23 Nov 15:47 BOLOGNA - Blerim DZEMAILI willing to join back on Beckham's formula
- 23 Nov 11:29 TORINO tracking Palermo hitman NESTOROVSKI again
- 22 Nov 15:13 3 Serie A club keen on Spezia flankman DE COL
- 22 Nov 10:44 CROTONE back for Umar SADIQ
- 21 Nov 19:29 AS ROMA, Gonalons: "I moved from Lyon in order to improve myself"
- 21 Nov 15:53 OFFICIAL - Udinese sign Massimo ODDO as new manager
- 21 Nov 13:04 LAZIO inquiring Zaglebie Lubin about JACH
- 21 Nov 11:42 ATALANTA - Eyes on Slovakian midfielder HROSOVSKY
- 21 Nov 10:17 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ricky ALVAREZ likely to leave Sampdoria
- 20 Nov 22:45 BENEVENTO keen on GUILHERME
- 20 Nov 12:39 SAMPDORIA rising star TORREIRA won't leave in January (despite 4 suitors)
- 20 Nov 10:01 GENOA won't let TAARABT off in January
- 19 Nov 16:24 GENOA about to extend deal with matchwinner Luca RIGONI
- 18 Nov 22:07 OFFICIAL - Fiorentina sign CHIESA on a new deal
- 18 Nov 14:55 CAGLIARI offer goalie CRAGNO a new deal
- 17 Nov 18:55 FIORENTINA scouting two Charleroi players
- 17 Nov 13:16 FIORENTINA - Suggestion for Lazio loanee CATALDI
- 16 Nov 16:58 ITALY -Italian FA have spoken to Carlo Ancelotti
- 16 Nov 12:39 AC MILAN - agreement with Highbridge fund
- 16 Nov 11:35 JUVENTUS- Eye on Tousart
- 15 Nov 12:35 ITALY NT - Bergomi wants Jose Mourinho to replace Ventura
- 15 Nov 11:30 FIORENTINA - Chiesa observed by top clubs, but the renewal is close
- 15 Nov 09:20 ITALY - Del Piero wants Antonio Conte to return as the Azzurri head coach
- 14 Nov 05:23 AC MILAN - Fassone: "We'll not work in January market unless it is strictly necessary"
- 13 Nov 10:26 AC MILAN eye on Dendoncker switch
- 10 Nov 05:35 INTER foverev in Nanjing: "Who wears this shirt does so with sportsmanship"
- 09 Nov 15:16 SSC NAPOLI - on Spring can arrive Allan's renewal
- 08 Nov 17:50 INTER - Genoa interested in Gabigol
- 08 Nov 14:27 INTER tracking €20m Benkovic
- 06 Nov 14:19 INTER - Piero Ausilio about Man UTD market target: "Perisic happy here"
- 05 Nov 14:32 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Davide BALLARDINI back as Genoa boss, after city derby fail
- 02 Nov 09:41 INTER eye on Pastore
- 31 Oct 11:45 AS ROMA - Nainggolan: "Chelsea move never an option"
- 30 Oct 14:00 SSC NAPOLI - Allan: "I want to reach the Top to face Man City"
- 30 Oct 12:59 AS ROMA - Fazio about renewal: "I want to win here"
- 30 Oct 11:48 INTER - No one will leave unless big offer coming from Paris
- 29 Oct 17:25 BOLOGNA at work to arrange a swap for bringing PAZZINI in
- 28 Oct 08:57 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Marco SAU in talks with Cagliari on a new deal
- 26 Oct 14:17 OFFICIAL - Artur IONITA signed on new deal by Cagliari
- 26 Oct 12:12 TORINO - Mihajlovic at low sacking odds: former player STELLONE possibly called to task
- 25 Oct 23:17 SASSUOLO - Andrea MANDORLINI might become new boss if Bucchi gets sacked
- 25 Oct 19:00 INTER - Skriniar happy with opening goal of the game against former club Sampdoria
- 25 Oct 18:00 AC MILAN - Ricardo Rodriguez: "My dreams are Champions and World Cup"
- 25 Oct 14:30 NAPOLI - Bordeaux interested in Chiriches
- 24 Oct 20:11 GENOA, Izzo's agent: "Napoli? He's very good, but it's a big leap"
- 24 Oct 10:34 FIORENTINA start extension talks with Milan BADELJ again
- 24 Oct 00:01 OFFICIAL - Benevento sack Baroni and sign DE ZERBI as new boss. Attacks from fans
- 23 Oct 23:27 FIORENTINA, Thereau's agent: "He chose them despite being tracked by Sampdoria"
- 23 Oct 12:38 CHIEVO VERONA working on MILIK's winter loan from Napoli
- 22 Oct 10:20 BOLOGNA - Eyes on Ghanaian free-agent forward Darko APPIAH. Though...
- 21 Oct 15:40 OFFICIAL - Lazio extend deals with IMMOBILE and STRAKOSHA
- 20 Oct 14:50 OFFICIAL - Andrea BARBERIS signed on new deal by Crotone
- 20 Oct 14:18 TMW - ATALANTA challenge Fiorentina on second-tier talented playmaker MAGGIORE
- 20 Oct 11:56 GENOA - Ricardo CENTURION very unlikely to join Boca Juniors back
- 20 Oct 09:47 CHIEVO VERONA, Maran: "I'd be honoured to be this club's Alex FERGUSON"
- 19 Oct 22:55 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Napoli in talks with ALLAN on new deal
- 19 Oct 15:02 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juventus, MANDZUKIC's agent: "A super-player, he's got great skills"
- 19 Oct 12:54 SAMPDORIA, Linetty: "Transfer market? I'm just fine here"
- 18 Oct 23:26 TORINO might be back on Chievo midfielder HETEMAJ next winter
- 18 Oct 22:10 SASSUOLO about to extend deals with two veterans of theirs
- 18 Oct 19:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Two Serie A suitors for second-tier wingback SPROCATI
- 18 Oct 16:22 OFFICIAL - Diego LOPEZ back as Cagliari manager
- 18 Oct 16:15 JUVENTUS - Chiellini: "Buffon deserves Best FIFA Goalkeeper 2017 award"
Signed by Atalanta from AC Milan last summer, Italian Under-21 international striker Luca Vido (20), according to latest rumours collected through TMW sources of ours, is likely to be loaned out in January, most likely to a second-tier side. Currently on a deal with La Dea ("
Signed by Atalanta from AC Milan last summer, Italian Under-21 international striker Luca Vido (20), according to latest rumours collected through TMW
As reported by Marca, former Chilean international defensive midfielder Manuel Iturra (33), leaving Mexican side Club Necaxa after one year and a half
Playing for Espanyol since September 2016, first as an AC Milan loanee, then, from last summer, as a full-basis roster member, Spanish veteran goalkee
Playing for Montpellier since summer 2015, French left-back/wingback Jerome Roussillon, turning 25 next January 6, and displaying a great deal of skil
Pursued by both Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund lately, Hoffenheim and German Under-21 NT rising star attacking midfielder Nadiem Amiri (21), acco