AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, itís because they deserve"
29.09.2012 07.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 13 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "We won't invest on the transfer market"
- 12 Dec 07:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "The team will be reinforced"
- 11 Dec 23:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Italian duel for Menez
- 11 Dec 18:15 NAPOLI, Callejon eyes Gunners scalp
- 11 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are not after Kolarov"
- 10 Dec 16:15 AC MILAN, Allegri: "Muntari will be available tomorrow and De Sciglio is fit"
- 10 Dec 00:00 ROMA, Ljajic: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 09 Dec 20:00 NAPOLI, Maggio: "We'll need our San Paolo supporters against Arsenal"
- 09 Dec 17:15 NAPOLI v ARSENAL, Special Preview - Higuain: "We need to make Arsenal feel the fear"
- 09 Dec 16:00 NAPOLI v ARSENAL, Special Preview - Dzemaili: "Arsenal are in the best shape worldwide"
- 09 Dec 11:15 INTER, Mazzarri: "More attention to detail. Now we think about our next game"
- 09 Dec 09:02 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "The squad needs more of my attention"
- 08 Dec 07:30 LAZIO, Klose: "MLS and Lerverkusen attract me"
- 06 Dec 16:08 UDINESE, Guidolin: "We don't need compliments but points"
- 06 Dec 16:08 AC MILAN, Allegri: "Balotelli never went away. Heís had some injuries"
- 06 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Borja Valero: "Ready to remain forever"
- 05 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Chiellini's agent: "New contract? There is time"
- 04 Dec 00:00 INTER, Cambiasso: "I am not worried about my new contract"
- 03 Dec 19:00 AC MILAN, Zapata: "All of the defenders are ready if necessary"
- 03 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are not after Menez"
- 02 Dec 14:00 INTER, Jonathan: "It's disappointing but we're already looking ahead to our next game"
- 02 Dec 09:29 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "The Presidentís announcement clearly came at the right time"
- 02 Dec 08:45 INTER, Mazzarri: "We still need to improve"
- 02 Dec 08:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Some victories are worth double and this definitely feels like six points gained"
- 02 Dec 08:03 INTER, Thohir: "My first time at San Siro? Unbelievable"
- 02 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Marchisio and Pogba won't move"
- 01 Dec 08:30 ROMA, Pjanic: "I am not worried about the transfer rumours"
- 30 Nov 00:00 INTER, Belfodil's agent: "Leaving in January? I don't think so"
- 29 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Cannavaro's agent: "Honoured of Inter Milan's interest"
- 28 Nov 09:06 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "ďItís the first treble of my career "
- 28 Nov 08:30 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "Our experience won it for us"
- 28 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Ready to sign the new contract"
- 27 Nov 14:45 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Keen on Dorrans
- 27 Nov 09:44 AC MILAN, Kakŗ: "A victory or even a draw would be enough for us to qualify"
- 27 Nov 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "I could buy an another club"
- 26 Nov 18:59 CELTIC GLASGOW v AC MILAN, Official lineups: Allegri chooses Balo as his only forward
- 26 Nov 09:26 AC MILAN, Kakŗ: "Thereís just Abbiati and Bonera left from that side"
- 26 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "The transfer market? We have time to meditate"
- 25 Nov 18:00 INTER, Thohir on transfer market: "Yes, I want Nainggolan"
- 25 Nov 12:02 AC MILAN, Galliani: "I donít like making alibies...."
- 25 Nov 09:59 INTER, Handanovic: "A shame. So many chancesÖ"
- 25 Nov 09:30 INTER, Juan Jesus: "We're always trying hard out there"
- 25 Nov 00:00 INTER, Wallace's agent: "In January he won't move"
- 24 Nov 09:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He won't leave"
- 23 Nov 00:00 LAZIO, Marchetti's agent: "Milan were interested, but.."
- 22 Nov 13:15 AC MILAN, Allegri: "ďWeíll need sacrifice and intensity to win tomorrow"
- 22 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Cannavaro's agent: "No contacts with Parma"
- 21 Nov 16:30 AC MILAN, Poli: "Pleased by what Gattuso said"
- 21 Nov 00:00 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy's agent: "Galatasaray? Ready to talk about it"
- 20 Nov 16:49 INTER, Ranocchia: "I can't imagine a life without football"
- 13 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "We won't invest on the transfer market"
- 12 Dec 23:37 ITALY/ GENOA, Sansone and Ilicic on the wishlist
- 12 Dec 23:17 HUNGARY/ FERENCVAROS, Doll will be the new coach
- 12 Dec 22:59 ITALY/ INTER, Possible swap with Chelsea
- 12 Dec 22:39 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Eyes on Keita
- 12 Dec 22:20 ITALY/ INTER, Keen on Inler
- 12 Dec 22:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Ruiz extends with Granada
- 12 Dec 21:37 ITALY/ PARMA, Also Galatasaray after Biabiany
- 12 Dec 21:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Chivas sign Pereira
- 12 Dec 20:59 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Vidal extends with Independiente
- 12 Dec 20:39 ITALY/ TORINO, Also Fiorentina after D'Ambrosio
- 12 Dec 20:20 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bassong extends with Norwich
- 12 Dec 20:00 ITALY/ GENOA, Eyes on three forwards
- 12 Dec 19:37 ARGENTINA/ BOCA, Interest for Samuel
- 12 Dec 19:17 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Armstrong extends with Dundee
- 12 Dec 18:59 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Matic farther
- 12 Dec 18:39 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, In January new deal for Iniesta
- 12 Dec 18:20 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Casillas about to join
- 12 Dec 18:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, From UK: majestic offer for Guarin ready
- 12 Dec 17:45 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Allardyce: "Signing Martins? There's nothing real"
- 12 Dec 17:30 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "I don't care if Moyes watched me"
- 12 Dec 17:15 FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Two German suitors for Sanť
- 12 Dec 17:00 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Martinez: "We are working on Barkley's renewal"
- 12 Dec 16:45 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "I don't care which ones we'll pick, you have to defeat to best ones anyways for winning Champions League"
- 12 Dec 16:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Keen on Parolo
- 12 Dec 16:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Two English suitors for Dongou
- 12 Dec 16:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Attempt for Pogba ready
- 12 Dec 15:45 NAPOLI & CHELSEA, Eyes on Thauvin
- 12 Dec 15:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, German talent Brandt will join Bayer Leverkusen foer 2014/15
- 12 Dec 15:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN. Montolivo: "My tackle with Poulsen was on the limit"
- 12 Dec 15:00 ITALY/ LIVORNO, Mbaye's agent: "Inter in January? No"
- 12 Dec 14:45 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Olsen extends as major NT
- 12 Dec 14:30 ARSENAL, Jenkinson: "The red card to Arteta was too harsh"
- 12 Dec 14:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Both Palacio and Inter want the renewal
- 12 Dec 14:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Ibai Gomez extends for Athletic Bilbao
- 12 Dec 12:45 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Need 30 mlnsf for Matic
- 12 Dec 12:30 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Tracking Oba Oba Martins
- 12 Dec 12:15 AC MILAN, Balotelli lauds team spirit against 'hurt' Ajax
- 12 Dec 12:01 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Griezmann is so close
- 12 Dec 10:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, From UK: offer for Griezmann is on arrival
- 12 Dec 09:45 ENGLAND/ SWANSEA CITY, Eyes on Quagliarella
- 12 Dec 09:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Arsenal and AS Monaco defeated on Nkoulou
- 12 Dec 09:15 MLS - CANADA / TORONTO FC, Agreement with Genoa on Gilardino
- 12 Dec 09:00 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Attempt for Salah
- 12 Dec 08:45 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Pursue on Lamela's loan
- 12 Dec 08:30 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Cangele quits Boca Juniors
- 12 Dec 08:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Bulut extends with Bochum
- 12 Dec 08:00 ITALY/ GENOA, Kucka back in four months
- 12 Dec 07:45 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Van Bommel coach? Could be"
- 12 Dec 07:30 ARSENAL, Ozil: "Sometimes a lost game can be a victory"
According to latest rumours and news reported by The Guardian, Manchester United manager David Moyes is ready to submit Inter a 20 million euros offer for purchasing Colombian international offensive midfielder Fredy Guarin (27), who might decide to leave indeed in January....
As reported by Firenzeviola.it, Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle has declared: "The transfer market? Today I have signed a 10...
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo was hailed as the complete forward after he set a Champions League record on Tuesday night.
Waiting for Champions League eighth finals draws, Arsenal centre-back Per Mertesacker stated: "It is the same as last year. We got Bayern...
Thomas Muller feels Tuesday's 3-2 Champions League defeat at home against Manchester City showed that the Bayern Munich players are not...
Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has declared about 26 year old striker Radamel Falcao: "He is happy here, he is very well at Monaco....