AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 08.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 25 Apr 21:34 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sassuolo look towards Rolando MARAN as next boss
- 24 Apr 15:56 OFFICIAL - Igor TUDOR named new Udinese manager
- 24 Apr 15:13 OFFICIAL - Udinese sack Massimo ODDO
- 23 Apr 21:17 4 Serie A clubs keen on second-tier wingback SPROCATI
- 23 Apr 12:06 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 2 Serie A clubs keen on Empoli midfielder ZAJC
- 23 Apr 09:57 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Cagliari, 2 bigger Serie A clubs keen on CEPPITELLI
- 22 Apr 11:02 BENEVENTO phenomenal hitman DIABATE: "I'd like to settle in Italy"
- 21 Apr 18:31 TORINO to loan BERENGUER out next summer
- 20 Apr 12:48 CROTONE keen on Inter Milan loanee PUSCAS
- 20 Apr 08:34 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Napoli challenge Fiorentina and Sampdoria on second-tier star KRUNIC
- 19 Apr 18:27 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "I don't believe in comebacks, but Morata and Pogba might be odd ones out"
- 19 Apr 10:43 GENOA challenge Anderlecht on Mechelen full-back COBBAUT
- 18 Apr 10:44 OFFICIAL - AS Roma sign Luca PELLEGRINI on new deal
- 17 Apr 22:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma director Monchi approaching Ante CORIC
- 17 Apr 10:47 JUVENTUS defender Medhi BENATIA threatens Italian comedian through Instagram
- 16 Apr 10:44 TORINO scouting two Marseille players
- 13 Apr 12:52 TORINO might extend two backline veterans' deals
- 13 Apr 09:22 FIORENTINA approaching Cagliari all-rounder FARAGO
- 12 Apr 15:43 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Udinse approaching Brazilian winger EDUARDO SASHA
- 12 Apr 12:11 BOLOGNA leading the race to get LUNIN as a loanee
- 11 Apr 12:53 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Benevento in renewal talks with DEL PINTO
- 10 Apr 18:59 CHIEVO VERONA to buy STEPINSKI back from Nantes
- 10 Apr 14:43 BENEVENTO to extend deal with boss DE ZERBI despite impending relegation
- 09 Apr 09:58 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma 1999-born VALEAU targeted by 3 smaller clubs
- 08 Apr 00:07 3 Serie A clubs keen on Inter Milan next goalie LUNIN
- 07 Apr 13:52 SPAL - 4 Serie A clubs keen on Napoli loanee GRASSI
- 06 Apr 11:22 JUVENTUS - Allegri could leave: London calling
- 05 Apr 21:19 OFFICIAL - AC Milan sign boss GATTUSO on deal extension
- 05 Apr 14:10 OFFICIAL - Fiorentina loan ZEKHNINI out to Rosenborg
- 31 Mar 13:42 ATALANTA - 2 Bundesliga clubs keen on HATEBOER
- 30 Mar 09:45 AS ROMA will heap pressure on CL favourites Barca - said Materazzi
- 30 Mar 03:18 SS LAZIO - Igli Tare: "Savic is worth well over £78million"
- 29 Mar 16:27 JUVENTUS - Rumors from England: Marchisio close to USA move
- 28 Mar 17:30 INTER thinking again about Oriali
- 26 Mar 15:53 AC MILAN - arrives a young goalie from Standard de Liège
- 24 Mar 14:53 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Cagliari might soon sign Pippo INZAGHI as new boss
- 24 Mar 00:18 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign DEIOLA on new contract
- 23 Mar 20:42 BENEVENTO - 4 clubs keen on BRIGNOLA
- 22 Mar 22:07 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Bologna trying to seal the deal on Crotone midfielder BARBERIS
- 22 Mar 15:39 BENEVENTO star SANDRO might stay put in Italian football
- 20 Mar 22:47 4 Serie A giants tracking Ukrainian goalie wonderkid LUNIN
- 20 Mar 16:20 BOLOGNA playmaker PULGAR between extension and inquiries from abroad
- 20 Mar 10:03 JUVENTUS, Asamoah's agent: "50% chance to stay put. Clubs interested from Italy, France, and Germany"
- 19 Mar 21:25 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Torino, NIANG wants to say farewell soon
- 19 Mar 17:10 OFFICIAL - Lazio sign LUIZ FELIPE on deal extension
- 19 Mar 15:44 BOLOGNA, Masina: "We are working on a new deal"
- 19 Mar 12:55 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign Kwang-Song HAN on new long-term
- 16 Mar 19:05 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria sign BARRETO on deal extension
- 15 Mar 16:29 SAMPDORIA, Linetty's agent: "Inter Milan? No transfer talks ongoing"
- 14 Mar 22:12 2 Serie A clubs keen on Empoli deep-lying Rade KRUNIC
- 14 Mar 17:52 SAMPDORIA - Sergio CANALES offered through entourage
- 13 Mar 22:01 OFFICIAL - SPAL sign captain ANTENUCCI on deal extension
- 12 Mar 22:17 AS ROMA, Florenzi: "Not the right time to talk about deal extension"
- 12 Mar 12:27 3 Serie A clubs considering Gremio midfielder RAMIRO as a target
- 10 Mar 20:19 AS ROMA director Monchi: "ALISSON? No need for extension or transfer talks"
- 09 Mar 22:44 OFFICIAL - Crotone sign 2000-born striker Luka MARKOVIC
- 09 Mar 10:50 OFFICIAL - Napoli sign ALLAN on new long-term
- 08 Mar 20:37 GENOA working on BERTOLACCI's purchase from AC Milan
- 05 Mar 12:48 SPAL - Suitors increasing for star wingback LAZZARI
- 04 Mar 11:28 FIORENTINA and Italian football mourn centre-back Davide ASTORI passing away
- 03 Mar 12:43 SAMPDORIA - New meeting for BARRETO deal extension
- 03 Mar 00:01 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Udinese offlist forward AGUIRRE close to Botafogo
- 02 Mar 22:40 BOLOGNA challenge Inter Milan and Torino on LAZZARI
- 02 Mar 17:39 OFFICIAL - Napoli sign CHIRICHES on new long-term
- 01 Mar 18:45 OFFICIAL - SPAL extend deals with FLOCCARI and SCHIATTARELLA
- 01 Mar 14:49 OFFICIAL - AS Roma buy SCHICK and DEFREL back
- 28 Feb 13:38 OFFICIAL - Lazio to loan MAURICIO out to Legia Warsaw. Medical ongoing
- 28 Feb 01:05 OFFICIAL - Genoa loan BRLEK to Wisla Krakow
- 26 Feb 20:20 SPAL & HELLAS VERONA turn down Diego CAPEL offering to join
- 26 Feb 15:29 GENOA in deal extension talks with ZUKANOVIC
- 24 Feb 16:06 GENOA - 2 new prestigious suitors for LAXALT
- 23 Feb 21:23 OFFICIAL - Fiorentina sign 2000-born ones VLAHOVIC and GORGOS
- 23 Feb 16:34 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Chievo Verona approaching AC Milan-homegroomed striker FABBRO
- 23 Feb 14:29 TORINO, N'Koulou's agent: "No exit clause on his future contract"
- 23 Feb 11:42 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Atalanta and Sampdoria keen on third-tier defender BOGDAN. German inquiries as well
- 22 Feb 23:31 EXCLUSIVE TMW - A Serie A suitor for Sassuolo loanee BANDINELLI
- 22 Feb 20:09 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria sign DODO over to Santos
- 22 Feb 16:37 NAPOLI, Sarri: "ZIELINSKI will be the new De Bruyne"
- 22 Feb 11:41 SAMPDORIA close to seal the extension deal with Edgar BARRETO
- 22 Feb 08:24 OFFICIAL - Mattia VALOTI extends for Hellas Verona
- 21 Feb 22:55 7 Serie A carefully watching Brescia wonderkid TONALI development
- 21 Feb 09:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Benevento in extension talks with Nicolas VIOLA
- 20 Feb 12:00 GENOA midfielder BRLEK to be delivered back to Wisla Krakow
- 19 Feb 16:40 OFFICIAL - Young goalie CRAGNO extends for Cagliari
- 19 Feb 13:54 GENOA offer PANDEV deal extension
- 16 Feb 22:50 ATALANTA agree terms on FREULER deal extension
- 16 Feb 22:06 BOLOGNA in renewal talks with goalie-captain MIRANTE
- 16 Feb 18:32 EXCLUSIVE TMW - One more Serie A suitor for Abel HERNANDEZ
- 16 Feb 14:17 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Udinese approaching Defensor forward CARNEIRO
- 16 Feb 08:47 BOLOGNA - 3 non-Italian clubs tracking DESTRO
- 15 Feb 12:40 TORINO - Suitors for N'KOULOU increasing
- 15 Feb 00:40 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sign Faragò on new contract
- 14 Feb 21:50 LAZIO working on two new young items of interest
- 14 Feb 19:12 GENOA in talks with Belgrano on Cristian ROMERO 2€m move
- 14 Feb 16:33 BOLOGNA making or breaking it with DESTRO. Club meeting agent
- 12 Feb 20:24 OFFICIAL - Crotone loan SULJIC and ARISTOTELES out. TONEV resigns
- 12 Feb 16:50 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sampdoria, Ricky ALVAREZ set to join Velez back next summer
- 12 Feb 15:31 EXCLUSIVE TMW - SPAL board meet MANDORLINI for possible boss change
- 10 Feb 11:02 LAZIO star Luis Alberto's agent: "He's unlikely to leave next summer"
- 10 Feb 04:06 OFFICIAL - Benevento loan ARMENTEROS out to Portland Timbers
Currently training Liverpool Under-18 team, Reds and English NT legendary midfielder Steven Gerrard, according to The Scotsman, has just been offered a first-team manager position by Glasgow Rangers for next season. The almost 38-year old football history star has recently t
Almost safe from relegation risk at all, Sassuolo top brass, according to latest rumours collected through TMW sources of ours, are however considerin
Interviewed by Radio Marca, and asked about rumours having Italian 43-year old manager Vincenzo Montella sacked, Sevilla FC director of football, Osca
Currently training Liverpool Under-18 team, Reds and English NT legendary midfielder Steven Gerrard, according to The Scotsman, has just been offered
A backline powerhouse for Saint-Etienne since 2014/15, French-Martinican centre-back Kevin Theophile-Catherine (28), according to latest rumours comin
While his deal with Napoli has been broken, German winger Amin Younes (24) is now set to leave Ajax as a free agent. To this end former Borussia Monch