AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 09.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No hurry about Kovacic and Icardi's renewal"
- 28 Sep 06:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Totti here for a long time"
- 27 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "I will end my career at Belgrano"
- 26 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "This is a great place to play football"
- 25 Sep 18:22 INTER, Erick Thohir meets Barbara Berlusconi
- 25 Sep 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Inter? Could be"
- 24 Sep 11:28 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Torres had a good match. He hadn’t played 90 minutes for a long time"
- 22 Sep 07:59 JUVENTUS, Pereyra: "Good performance, but I need to improve defensively"
- 22 Sep 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 21 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Inter have done well on the transfar market"
- 19 Sep 17:00 EUROPA LEAGUE Day After - NAPOLI, Mertens after the double score: "A crucial night both for the team and me"
- 18 Sep 10:44 As ROMA , Gervinho about Champions: "We can go a long way"
- 18 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "My new contract? Not yet"
- 17 Sep 13:41 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello
- 17 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "Soon a meeting for my new contract"
- 16 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual: "Many clubs after me"
- 15 Sep 08:17 AC MILAN, Menez: "Scoring goals is pleasing, this side deserves more"
- 12 Sep 18:14 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Focused on Empoli, not thinking about Champions"
- 12 Sep 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I am happy to be here at Milanello"
- 12 Sep 00:00 VERONA, Sorensen: "I would like to remain"
- 11 Sep 18:15 AC MILAN, Jack Bonaventura introduces himself: "Excited about being here, I got a warm welcome. I'm in good shape"
- 11 Sep 15:58 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "The last day of the transfer market was surreal"
- 11 Sep 00:00 INTER, Guarin: "I have remained, now it's up to me"
- 10 Sep 18:30 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez : "We are working well with Inzaghi"
- 09 Sep 18:45 AS ROMA, Iturbe: "Garcia decisive for my arrival"
- 09 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Too early to join Colo Colo"
- 08 Sep 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Nothing going on with Rabiot"
- 06 Sep 01:00 JUVENTUS, Barzagli says that they cannot compete financially with the continent's top teams
- 05 Sep 14:31 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "I feel good, but the bone needs time to heal"
- 04 Sep 14:59 AC MILAN, Torres' first press conference as a Rossoneri player: "I want to be part of this club's history"
- 02 Sep 15:01 AS ROMA, Balzaretti about the injury: "I feel bad for my team-mates, I feel guilty"
- 30 Aug 01:23 AC MILAN, Abate: "We must win back our fans with desire and humility"
- 29 Aug 19:48 AS ROMA, Garcia: "My players are hungry for success"
- 29 Aug 10:59 INTER, Icardi: "We started strong, that's what the gaffer wanted"
- 29 Aug 10:36 INTER, Kovacic: "I'll play wherever the coach wants me"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 27 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Van Ginkel may join us"
- 26 Aug 17:14 JUVENTUS, Romulo: "I’m excited by the challenge of playing Champions"
- 26 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Paratici: "No contacts between Sevilla and Ogbonna"
- 25 Aug 17:30 INTER, Medel: "I want to show what I can do"
- 25 Aug 00:00 ROMA, Destro's agent: "Milan could make a step soon"
- 24 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The market? If the team can be improved..."
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 04 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "We are keeping our word"
- 03 Aug 09:00 INTER, Schelotto's agent: "Southampton? We'll see,,"
- 02 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 02:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Also Real after him"
- 29 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? It's up to him"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 10:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 02:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 02:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 19:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 12:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 08:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 02:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 08:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 19:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 02 Oct 10:15 ITALY/ ROMA, Konoplyanka: meeting with the father
- 02 Oct 09:53 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Welbeck's on the ball with first hat-trick
- 02 Oct 08:00 ITALY/ VERONA, Susic farther
- 02 Oct 07:40 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Interest for Zaza confirmed
- 02 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Sammer to renew
- 02 Oct 06:57 PSG, Pastore: "Proud to be part of this club"
- 02 Oct 06:39 LEVERKUSEN, Leno: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 02 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "This will be my last season here"
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 22:59 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Still keen on Callejon
- 01 Oct 22:20 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, St. Johnstone sign Mc Fadden
- 01 Oct 22:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Keen on Salvio
- 01 Oct 21:37 ENGLAND/ QPR, Taarabt back to Italy
- 01 Oct 20:59 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Caen sign Yahia
- 01 Oct 20:39 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Also Atletico after Mata
- 01 Oct 20:20 SAUDI ARABIA/ OFFICIAL, Al Shabab sign Park
- 01 Oct 20:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Ze Paulo join Atletico PA
- 01 Oct 19:37 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Kodro is Sarajevo new coach
- 01 Oct 19:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Burke
- 01 Oct 18:59 INDIA/ OFFICIAL, Pune sign Katsouranis
- 01 Oct 18:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Two youngsters renew with City
- 01 Oct 18:20 TURKEY/ KONYASPOR, Interest for Jara
- 01 Oct 18:00 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Two players renew with Spartak
- 01 Oct 12:01 ARSENAL, 18 years since the boss took over
- 01 Oct 11:44 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, If Pardew leaves there is Moyes
- 01 Oct 11:32 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Cole: "Was soo good to see Lamps last nigh"
- 01 Oct 11:19 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Kompany: "We can't afford another Champions slip-up"
- 01 Oct 10:59 ITALY/ INTER, Scout observing Schär and Borini
- 01 Oct 10:44 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Cuadrado buy-out clause about 35 millions
- 01 Oct 10:25 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04,Huntelaar: "We were lacking a bit in attack"
- 01 Oct 09:53 ITALY/ INTER, Rolando bis in January
- 01 Oct 08:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Vazquez likely to join
- 01 Oct 07:40 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Back for Cigarini
- 01 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, van der Vaart is back
- 01 Oct 06:57 PSG, Blanc: "Disturbed by certain rumors"
- 01 Oct 06:39 BORUSSIA D., Hummels: "I am not tempted by United"
- 01 Oct 06:19 MAN. CITY, Hart: "Italy? I am happy here"
- 01 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi could end his career here"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 23:37 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Possible swap with Atletico
- 30 Sep 23:17 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Trying to kill Rodriguez
- 30 Sep 22:59 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Abidal would like to come back
- 30 Sep 22:39 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, In talks for Bernardeschi's new deal
- 30 Sep 22:20 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Update on Alcacer
- 30 Sep 22:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Offer for Ayew ready
- 30 Sep 21:37 SPAIN/ REAL, New contract for Khedira ready
- 30 Sep 21:17 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Eyes on Singh
- 30 Sep 20:59 SPAIN/ ESPANYOL, Sanchez renews
- 30 Sep 20:39 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Poulsen back to Copenhagen
- 30 Sep 20:20 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Capilla renews with Real Sociedad
Arsenal in their twitter profile wishes Arsene Wenger for his 18 years at Gunners.
Morning all. Today marks 18 years since the boss took over at @Arsenal! Send your congratulations using #Wenger18 pic.twitter.com/QltfYEb6PX
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) 1 Ottobre 2014
Inter Milan 21-year-old forward Mauro Icardi has declared: "I don't know anything about my contract, it's my agent only that takes care o
Interviewed by RMC, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has declared: "Messi at PSG? I have talked to him, he is happy with us. We would be
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has declared: "I respect the choices made by some players, I am especially talking about Micah Richards, who
The day after the game won against Barcelona, PSG attacking midfielder Javier Pastore has declared: "I am very happy about what happened last nig
Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno has declared: "I am happy here, and my contract will expire in 2018. This is a great club, an I want to re