AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 08.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 21 Jul 21:15 Veron: "Inter-Estudiantes a special match for me. It will be exciting to find old friends"
- 21 Jul 18:30 INTER - Moratti: "Mancini, I don't exclude a contract renewal"
- 21 Jul 10:25 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "We can't accept Atletico offer for HIGUAIN. Juventus? That would be absurd"
- 20 Jul 13:44 NAPOLI - CHELSEA chasing Koulibaly
- 20 Jul 12:15 LAZIO - Jardel from Benfica, agreement for Lukaku
- 20 Jul 11:14 JUVENTUS, Asamoah: "Happy to stay"
- 20 Jul 11:07 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria sign Cigarini
- 19 Jul 22:54 JUVENTUS reject Calhanoglu
- 18 Jul 16:08 AC MILAN - SUSO might stay put
- 14 Jul 11:03 JUVENTUS reject West Ham loan offer
- 13 Jul 12:00 INTER - Eder could move to China
- 13 Jul 11:31 AC MILAN - Bacca will let West Ham know by Friday if he intends to join
- 12 Jul 11:58 NAPOLI - Two clubs want Gonzalo Higuain
- 11 Jul 18:18 INTER - Icardi not for sale
- 07 Jul 18:17 AS ROMA, Perotti: "A team like ours needs to be aiming for the Scudetto"
- 07 Jul 17:46 AS ROMA - Iturbe: "I can’t wait to get to know Spalletti"
- 07 Jul 15:46 AC MILAN - Montella: "The minimum goal is to get into Europe"
- 06 Jul 11:50 OFFICIAL - JUVE confirm MORATA departure
- 06 Jul 11:44 JUVENTUS - €20m (£17m) bid for Chelsea midfielder Matic
- 05 Jul 20:28 JUVENTUS - Zaza's agent: "Future? He wants to play more"
- 05 Jul 19:16 INTER - D’Ambrosio: "We want to make the fans proud"
- 04 Jul 16:38 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign GIAMPAOLO as new manager
- 28 Jun 12:51 JUVENTUS, Dani Alves introduces himself: "It was time to leave Barça. Bianconeri are THE icon of Italian football"
- 28 Jun 11:48 FC INTER - Thohir: "Proud of the strategic partnership formalised today with Suning"
- 22 Jun 18:51 OFFICIAL - Empoli buy Buchel back from JUVENTUS
- 21 Jun 16:54 OFFICIAL - AC MILAN: El Shaarawy has been permanently sold to AS ROMA
- 15 Jun 22:15 OFFICIAL - Palermo extend contract with Portuguese talent Embalo
- 15 Jun 20:45 LAZIO - Negotiation with Bielsa ongoing in Argentina
- 11 Jun 08:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Spartak Moscow in talks with Sampdoria for FERNANDO
- 10 Jun 10:54 JUVENTUS, Eye on Pellè
- 08 Jun 17:30 AS ROMA, Chelsea cleared of wrongdoing over the loan of Salah
- 08 Jun 17:16 LAZIO, Other troubles with Adriano: Barça will not let him leave for free
- 03 Jun 09:44 AC MILAN, Unai Emery gives green light: € 1.5 millions resignation to FC Seville
- 31 May 23:38 Italia, Bernardeschi's father: "Federico's convocation is a dream"
- 28 May 15:23 Milan, Berlusconi: "I'am dealing with Chinese e for this reason I study Chinese"
- 25 May 21:41 Inter, Zanetti: "Medel is important for us, it remains here"
- 23 May 22:15 Lazio, postive meeting with Prandelli
- 23 May 18:11 Napoli, the promise made by Higuain to Sarri: "I'll see you in Dimaro"
- 23 May 18:01 Inter, Moratti and Suning agreement: "Possible news soon"
- 23 May 17:57 Zanetti: "Simeone would coach Inter, but Mancini is a great coach"
- 23 May 17:45 Roma, Pallotta arrives in June. Totti and stadium on the agenda
- 23 May 17:06 Seria A, top 11 of Italian Championship according to UEFA
- 23 May 16:53 Inter, fixed Brozovic price: costs 25 mln euro
- 17 May 22:16 Milan, Bacca: "Saturday we have the opportunity to raise a new cup"
- 17 May 20:55 Fiorentina, Zarate: "I'am happy for my season in Florence"
- 17 May 20:10 Roma, Sabatini: Digne? "We will find an agreement with Paris Saint Germain"
- 17 May 12:20 LAZIO, Defining agreement with Jorge Sampaoli as next manager
- 16 May 16:13 LAZIO, Klose: "Leaving is not my decision"
- 16 May 09:35 TURIN to appoint Giampaolo if Ventura leaves
- 15 May 18:30 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting with River Plate on Alario
- 15 May 16:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Raul Asencio extend his deal with Genoa
- 12 May 20:15 Milan, ag. Bacca: "Future? We will talk with club after the Italian Cup final"
- 09 May 07:06 ATALANTA, Club icon Bellini quits after having scored last goal
- 06 May 09:52 PALERMO - Vazquez to leave
- 06 May 07:58 AS ROMA, Sabatini on Giallorossi midfield stars: "I want to keep Nainggolan and Pjanic"
- 05 May 11:33 VERONA - Luca Toni announces retirement
- 05 May 08:55 LAZIO, De Vrij hits pitch back after 9 months long injury
- 04 May 11:38 LAZIO - To move for Ben Arfa
- 04 May 11:01 HELLAS VERONA, Luca Toni announces quitting
- 04 May 10:31 NAPOLI - Hamsik: "I can't even imagine what would happen"
- 04 May 10:14 LAZIO - Pioli: "Happy for Claudio"
- 02 May 21:19 SERIE A - Genoa - Roma - FULL TIME
- 02 May 14:44 JUVENTUS - Morata to stay
- 02 May 10:03 MILAN - Ready to join the chase for Vilhena
- 02 May 09:49 JUVENTUS tracking BARCELONA's Mascherano
- 01 May 10:43 JUVENTUS - Set for Pogba extension
- 30 Apr 20:35 SERIE A - ChievoVerona 0 - 0 Fiorentina - HALF TIME
- 30 Apr 18:46 SERIE A - Udinese 1 - 5 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 17:26 JUVENTUS - Front runners for Batshuayi
- 30 Apr 17:16 SERIE A - Udinese 0 - 1 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 15:20 LAZIO - To appoint Fatih Terim
- 30 Apr 12:43 JUVENTUS - Target Kante if Pogba leaves
- 30 Apr 12:20 ROMA - De Sanctis to extend his contract
- 30 Apr 12:11 JUVENTUS - Bonucci keen on Serie A stay
- 30 Apr 11:08 NAPOLI - Mertens: "I'm fine here, but I need an extension to remain"
- 30 Apr 10:53 ANDERLECHT - Praet to join Fiorentina
- 30 Apr 09:53 FIORENTINA - Mazzarri to replace Sousa?
- 30 Apr 09:41 JUVENTUS- Neto to leave
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 28 Apr 17:21 ROMA - El Shaarawy wants to stay
- 28 Apr 16:43 TORINO - Paredes first target
- 28 Apr 12:46 ROMA - Pjanic or Nainggolan to leave
- 28 Apr 12:22 ROMA - Caceres in the spotlight
- 28 Apr 08:42 INTER - Mancini to accept Italy job
- 28 Apr 08:29 LAZIO - To bid for Pellé
- 27 Apr 15:12 JUVENTUS - Oscar-Isco to replace Cuadrado-Morata
- 27 Apr 14:53 FIORENTINA - Tottenham set to move for Kalinic
- 27 Apr 14:42 JUVENTUS - Evra: "I've not take a decision yet"
- 27 Apr 12:42 JUVENTUS - Eyes on Liverpool target Zielinski
- 26 Apr 20:09 TRANSFER MARKET - Two clubs interested in AS ROMA's Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 19:33 JUVENTUS - Allegri gets contract extension
- 26 Apr 13:24 INTER - Offered Thauvin
- 26 Apr 12:17 JUVENTUS - Morata uncertain about future
- 26 Apr 11:57 FIORENTINA - Eyes on Praet and Missiroli
- 26 Apr 11:44 LAZIO - Time to choose the manager
- 26 Apr 11:32 TORINO - set to bid for Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 10:39 INTER - Ajax Sporting Director: "No meeting set for El Ghazi"
- 26 Apr 01:09 FIORENTINA - Kalinic not eager to leave
- 25 Apr 20:45 JUVENTUS - Allegri to extend his contract
According to news coming from Italian sources, Napoli have just submitted AC Milan an offer for signing Colombian international striker Carlos Bacca (29).
Azzurri put €20m on the table, plus Moroccan international attacking midfielder Omar El Kaddouri (25). Ros
Juan Sebastian Veron had the kind of talent that lights up a stadium on even the dullest winter’s day.Now their paths are set to cross once agai
Luis Enrinque spoke to Mundo Deportivo about Barcelona transfer market and about what they need to complete their squad:
"What is sure is that
Manchester United new boss José Mouriho spoke before the friendly derby against Manchester City that the Red Devils will play tomorrow in Bejin
Olympique Lyon announced having extended their deal with French Under-21 international winger/forward Maxwel Cornet (19) until June 2021.
After Arjen Robben's injury in a friendly match Carlo Ancelotti revealed that Bayern Munich don't need another player to replace him: