AC MILAN, Allegri: "If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve"
29.09.2012 08.30 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
Here’s what the Rossoneri coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say during the pre Parma-Milan press conference
“If the young players are playing, it’s because they deserve to and it’s also thanks to the club’s work with the youth sector. El Shaarawy has improved a lot, most of in his off the ball movements. He looks more secure. He has a lot of technical and physical quality. He has to understand that he hasn’t done anything yet. In football the sign of a great player is to stay at the highest levels for a long time and to do that you can’t let things stick to you. He’s an intelligent lad and he understands this. It’s an important moment for him and the club. As I’ve said before there’s only one Milan, not ten of them. Everyone’s objective is to improve and keep things tight”.
“I’ll have to evaluate things today. We spent a lot of energy at Udine as well. There are a few players who have played a lot of football. Boateng will defitely be back, the others I don’t know about. We’re all fine though. Bojan might start, he’s not doing badly. Pazzini has come from a three month period when he didn’t play. I’m happy with what he done, he ran a lot against Cagliari”.
“The team had a good first half on Wednesday and they conceded little or nothing when it was time to defend. We have to make less mistakes and keep on playing. Against Udinese after 20 minutes the game was evenly balanced. We have to manage possession better and we have to be more calm. When we go ahead like we did against Bologna we seem to drop back a bit and we have to stop that from happening. There are positives though, we concede very little space in defense and we defende as a unit. That’s a step forward but we have to improve in how we control the game”.
“The team is working hard and the players have to show each other respect as this is what makes a good group. A coaches job is clear. He has to give instructions, chose the right players and can’t have favorites and he needs to have a compact group that works together for the result. When the players win it’s because they’re a good group with respect for one another. I had hoped we’d have had more points, we’ve made some mistakes but the league this year looks more evenly balanced even though Juventus are still the favorites. Napoli have their Europa League commitments but that’s not as heavy as the Champions League. We shouldn’t forget Inter and Roma. We’ll need balance in the difficult times. Having 2 or 3 extra points would be better but we don’t so now we’re thinking of Parma and then Zenit after that. The derby is the last game before the break”.
“Parma will be tough, they’re well organized and good at the back. We’ll have to very alert. It’s the third game in a week and there could be some fatigue. The bench will be very important tomorrow as when the players on the pitch start to fade, they can play their part. We have to start not conceding goals away from home as well and show some continuity. I think the team will do better tomorrow”.
“if you’re off the pitch, the game is less intense but you can see things better. I wasn’t worried on Wednesday and the team did well and of course Mauro was on the bench”.
“More than talking about formations and numbers, I think the game has to be played with the right concepts and good technique, defending all together. This year it’s tougher than ever to score in Italy and so the defense becomes ever more fundamental. You need to concede little to win the title”.
“Mauro Tassotti has important moral values that he has shown in his 32 years with the club. I’m happy to work with him and the others at the club. I haven’t spoken about the Cagliari result with the president. We needed the win and we got it. We could have played better but the important thing was to win”.
“With Pazzini we have to change the way we play up front and we need that capability. We’ll have to be good to change the way we play based on whether he’s there or nor”.
“Flamini has a swollen knee and after surgery that can happen, he was back after 6 months but you need time to get fitness levels back”.
“Pato is working well and when we get back from St Petersburg, he’ll join up with the rest of the team and I’ll evaluate if he’ll be available for the derby or not. I might ask him to play a couple of games with the youth team to build up his confidence”.
“Nocerino and bate went to the Euros and have been playing no stop. Abate is getting his fitness back and Nocerino gave us a lot of intensity against Udinese. It’s not strange with the way we’re playing now that he sees less of the ball when we’re pushing forward but he’s been working well in the defensive part of his game. When we get more fluidity it’ll be easier for him to get forward more”.
"Traorè played on Wednesday as I thought he’d be able to put in a good performance in the first half but he was late to the ball a few times which is normal as it’s his first game in a league that’s different o the one he comes from”.
“De Jong plays the ball well on the ground. He had a good first half but tactically he has to improve. Boateng is an all-round midfielder so it makes little difference if he plays a bit forward or a bit back”.
“I think from here on out, we have to make the most of the characteristics of the players we have. The team has to play better for the whole 90 minutes”.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 20 Nov 12:39 SAMPDORIA rising star TORREIRA won't leave in January (despite 4 suitors)
- 20 Nov 10:01 GENOA won't let TAARABT off in January
- 19 Nov 16:24 GENOA about to extend deal with matchwinner Luca RIGONI
- 18 Nov 22:07 OFFICIAL - Fiorentina sign CHIESA on a new deal
- 18 Nov 14:55 CAGLIARI offer goalie CRAGNO a new deal
- 17 Nov 18:55 FIORENTINA scouting two Charleroi players
- 17 Nov 13:16 FIORENTINA - Suggestion for Lazio loanee CATALDI
- 16 Nov 16:58 ITALY -Italian FA have spoken to Carlo Ancelotti
- 16 Nov 12:39 AC MILAN - agreement with Highbridge fund
- 16 Nov 11:35 JUVENTUS- Eye on Tousart
- 15 Nov 12:35 ITALY NT - Bergomi wants Jose Mourinho to replace Ventura
- 15 Nov 11:30 FIORENTINA - Chiesa observed by top clubs, but the renewal is close
- 15 Nov 09:20 ITALY - Del Piero wants Antonio Conte to return as the Azzurri head coach
- 14 Nov 05:23 AC MILAN - Fassone: "We'll not work in January market unless it is strictly necessary"
- 13 Nov 10:26 AC MILAN eye on Dendoncker switch
- 10 Nov 05:35 INTER foverev in Nanjing: "Who wears this shirt does so with sportsmanship"
- 09 Nov 15:16 SSC NAPOLI - on Spring can arrive Allan's renewal
- 08 Nov 17:50 INTER - Genoa interested in Gabigol
- 08 Nov 14:27 INTER tracking €20m Benkovic
- 06 Nov 14:19 INTER - Piero Ausilio about Man UTD market target: "Perisic happy here"
- 05 Nov 14:32 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Davide BALLARDINI back as Genoa boss, after city derby fail
- 02 Nov 09:41 INTER eye on Pastore
- 31 Oct 11:45 AS ROMA - Nainggolan: "Chelsea move never an option"
- 30 Oct 14:00 SSC NAPOLI - Allan: "I want to reach the Top to face Man City"
- 30 Oct 12:59 AS ROMA - Fazio about renewal: "I want to win here"
- 30 Oct 11:48 INTER - No one will leave unless big offer coming from Paris
- 29 Oct 17:25 BOLOGNA at work to arrange a swap for bringing PAZZINI in
- 28 Oct 08:57 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Marco SAU in talks with Cagliari on a new deal
- 26 Oct 14:17 OFFICIAL - Artur IONITA signed on new deal by Cagliari
- 26 Oct 12:12 TORINO - Mihajlovic at low sacking odds: former player STELLONE possibly called to task
- 25 Oct 23:17 SASSUOLO - Andrea MANDORLINI might become new boss if Bucchi gets sacked
- 25 Oct 19:00 INTER - Skriniar happy with opening goal of the game against former club Sampdoria
- 25 Oct 18:00 AC MILAN - Ricardo Rodriguez: "My dreams are Champions and World Cup"
- 25 Oct 14:30 NAPOLI - Bordeaux interested in Chiriches
- 24 Oct 20:11 GENOA, Izzo's agent: "Napoli? He's very good, but it's a big leap"
- 24 Oct 10:34 FIORENTINA start extension talks with Milan BADELJ again
- 24 Oct 00:01 OFFICIAL - Benevento sack Baroni and sign DE ZERBI as new boss. Attacks from fans
- 23 Oct 23:27 FIORENTINA, Thereau's agent: "He chose them despite being tracked by Sampdoria"
- 23 Oct 12:38 CHIEVO VERONA working on MILIK's winter loan from Napoli
- 22 Oct 10:20 BOLOGNA - Eyes on Ghanaian free-agent forward Darko APPIAH. Though...
- 21 Oct 15:40 OFFICIAL - Lazio extend deals with IMMOBILE and STRAKOSHA
- 20 Oct 14:50 OFFICIAL - Andrea BARBERIS signed on new deal by Crotone
- 20 Oct 14:18 TMW - ATALANTA challenge Fiorentina on second-tier talented playmaker MAGGIORE
- 20 Oct 11:56 GENOA - Ricardo CENTURION very unlikely to join Boca Juniors back
- 20 Oct 09:47 CHIEVO VERONA, Maran: "I'd be honoured to be this club's Alex FERGUSON"
- 19 Oct 22:55 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Napoli in talks with ALLAN on new deal
- 19 Oct 15:02 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juventus, MANDZUKIC's agent: "A super-player, he's got great skills"
- 19 Oct 12:54 SAMPDORIA, Linetty: "Transfer market? I'm just fine here"
- 18 Oct 23:26 TORINO might be back on Chievo midfielder HETEMAJ next winter
- 18 Oct 22:10 SASSUOLO about to extend deals with two veterans of theirs
- 18 Oct 19:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Two Serie A suitors for second-tier wingback SPROCATI
- 18 Oct 16:22 OFFICIAL - Diego LOPEZ back as Cagliari manager
- 18 Oct 16:15 JUVENTUS - Chiellini: "Buffon deserves Best FIFA Goalkeeper 2017 award"
- 17 Oct 10:02 OFFICIAL - Cagliari sack coach RASTELLI
- 16 Oct 17:02 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Crotone about to sign NALINI on new deal
- 16 Oct 14:30 INTER- Cancelo: "I think that the San Siro is a fantastic stadium"
- 16 Oct 12:09 LAZIO, Tare: "CACERES is joining us for second half-season"
- 15 Oct 11:33 LAZIO, Tare: "Bids higher than €70m have been made for MILINKOVIC-SAVIC"
- 15 Oct 05:19 BOLOGNA - 3 Serie A top clubs keen on VERDI
- 12 Oct 14:44 UDINESE approaching Botafogo's Igor RABELLO
- 11 Oct 17:20 ATALANTA - 2 Serie A clubs interested in HATEBOER
- 11 Oct 16:39 LAZIO planning a specific exit clause on boss INZAGHI too
- 11 Oct 13:50 CROTONE about to announce MARTELLA deal extension
- 11 Oct 10:44 GENOA defender Armando IZZO announces deal extension
- 10 Oct 16:38 TORINO - A Premier League rival on TEODORCZYK
- 08 Oct 08:32 TORINO back on Fiorentina hitman BABACAR
- 07 Oct 19:05 TORINO back on Chievo main man Lucas CASTRO
- 06 Oct 20:01 NAPOLI owner De Laurentiis: "I'd keep SARRI 10 more years"
- 05 Oct 11:47 SAMPDORIA to set a release clause on TORREIRA
- 04 Oct 11:11 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Cagliari weigh up replacing boss Rastelli with IACHINI
- 03 Oct 13:25 BOLOGNA, Donsah's agent: "I know Inter Milan want him. And there's more"
- 02 Oct 09:50 TORINO weighing up to go for GILARDINO if Belotti's injury lasts long
- 02 Oct 00:51 TORINO - Two second-tier clubs keen on GUSTAFSON
- 30 Sep 08:41 TORINO young striker DE LUCA to be loaned in January
- 29 Sep 19:19 BOLOGNA might be soon extending deal with veteran goalie DA COSTA
- 29 Sep 12:56 BOLOGNA in talks with Adam MASINA on a new contract
- 29 Sep 10:01 SAMPDORIA - A new pursuer for Lucas TORREIRA
- 28 Sep 17:47 JUVE - Miralem Pjanic has thigh strain
- 28 Sep 17:00 INTER - Confirmed Vanheusden injury
- 28 Sep 10:23 CROTONE challenging German clubs on young Czech defender POKORNY
- 27 Sep 23:32 SAMPDORIA willing to approach Lucas CASTRO
- 27 Sep 22:06 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Chievo Verona about to extend deal with young full-back DEPAOLI
- 27 Sep 14:12 FIORENTINA & SAMPDORIA - Eyes on Gremio playmaker RAMIRO
- 27 Sep 12:01 CHIEVO VERONA might bring PALOSCHI back in January
- 26 Sep 22:17 CAGLIARI about to extend deal with IONITA
- 26 Sep 17:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Fiorentina start renewal talks with ASTORI
- 26 Sep 12:29 FIORENTINA already planning to buy SPORTIELLO back from Atalanta
- 25 Sep 21:27 OFFICIAL - AC Milan raise young hitman CUTRONE's salary
- 25 Sep 20:02 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Modibo DIAKITE offered to Benevento
- 25 Sep 15:43 BENEVENTO - Eyes on a defensive free agent
- 23 Sep 16:13 SAMPDORIA closer and closer to sign Rade KRUNIC
- 22 Sep 11:34 JUVENTUS - Sturaro's advisor: "The club never thought about to sell him"
- 22 Sep 08:52 UDINESE approaching Brazilian winger RAPHINHA
- 21 Sep 17:16 NAPOLI - Ghoulam reassured the coach on the renewal
- 21 Sep 15:46 INTER - Moratti: "I'm not interested in buying back Inter Milan shares"
- 21 Sep 15:33 LAZIO weighing up to bring Lorik CANA back from retirement
- 21 Sep 12:40 NAPOLI and GHOULAM deciding on renewal within the end of September
- 20 Sep 20:24 GENOA wonderkid Pellegri's agent: "All market scenarios open for him, but..."
- 20 Sep 18:56 OFFICIAL - Inter Milan sign 2000-born forward COLIDIO
- 20 Sep 16:32 JUVENTUS - De Sciglio's advisor: "He'll be back in 4 weeks"
Scorer of an important goal again yesterday, which allowed Sampdoria to defeat no less than Juventus, Uruguayan playmaking midfielder Lucas Torreira (21) is becoming more and more of a main target for several European top clubs (Atletico Madrid, AS Roma, Inter Milan, as well as B
Scorer of an important goal again yesterday, which allowed Sampdoria to defeat no less than Juventus, Uruguayan playmaking midfielder Lucas Torreira (
According to El Mundo Deportivo will start next week the trade between Barcelona and the agent Gerard Piqué for the renewal deal. The defender
Playing for Brighton&Hove Albion since 2015/16, Israeli international striker Tomer Hemed (30) has been signed by Premier League side on a new con
Playing in Olympique Lyon development area, French-Congolese striker Yann Kitala (19) has been signed on his first professional deal, lasting until Ju
Signed by Wolfsburg just last summer, from Dynamo Dresden, German winger Marvin Stefaniak (22), according to Sport Bild, has been targeted by three Zw