LIVERPOOL, Allen:" I'm in awe of Luis"
01.10.2012 15.46 by TM W
Joe Allen feels privileged to be on the same side as Luis Suarez after watching the Uruguayan demolish Norwich at Carrow Road - and the midfielder admits he is in awe of his Liverpool teammate.
In recreating his feat of five months ago, Suarez became the first Reds player in history to net consecutive hat-tricks in the same away fixture.
And Allen is relishing the prospect of the No.7 continuing a fine vein of form, which has seen him fire five goals in six games, as the season progresses.
"It's a privilege to be able to play alongside Luis," Allen told the Liverpool Echo. "I'm just grateful he's on my team. When you're out there playing alongside him, you just have to be in awe of a performance like that.
"The goals, some of the things he did, not many people in world football can do. He's got everything you need to be a top-class striker and I'm excited about the season he's going to have for this team.
"We mentioned before the game about the fact he got a hat-trick against them last season. The fans at Carrow Road must be happy to see the back of him."
For his part, Allen was at his usual, diligent best, picking up possession and kick-starting moves with either a simple ball or a raking pass.
Alongside him, Nuri Sahin and Steven Gerrard excelled as the trio dominated the game from the centre of the park.
"The three of us really enjoyed playing together," said Allen. "We've all got that similar sort of style in terms of passing.
"The passing and movement was good and that meant we were able to control large parts of the game.
"It was a great way to get that first league win and we felt that it's been coming for a while. Despite a few disappointing results, we haven't been playing badly.
"We haven't had that bit of luck at times when we've needed it but we've just kept working and concentrated solely on ourselves.
"This is where our seasons starts really. We have to kick on from here. If we keep performing like that then it will be the first win of many.
"With the talent we've got in the team we know that if we give it everything then there's not many teams who can stop us."
Other news Premier League (England)
- 25 Apr 06:29 WEST HAM, Song: "I want to remain in England"
- 24 Apr 06:57 PSG, Thiago Motta's agent: "Inter? Just rumours"
- 24 Apr 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I expect to stay"
- 23 Apr 17:00 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers on Henderson after renewal: "Now we must start challenging for titles and trophies"
- 23 Apr 06:29 MAN. CITY, Sagna: "I don't want to leave"
- 22 Apr 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Skrtel: "I am going nowhere"
- 21 Apr 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "We need to keep Begovic"
- 20 Apr 06:29 MAN. CITY, Touré's agent: "Two clubs have asked for him"
- 19 Apr 11:59 EVERTON, Mirallas: "I am happy here"
- 18 Apr 14:00 ARSENAL, Arteta: "I want to get back fit. My renewal? It can take 5 minutes"
- 18 Apr 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "Begovic will stay"
- 17 Apr 06:19 SWANSEA, Monk: "West Ham? They already have a great manager"
- 16 Apr 06:19 LEICESTER, Mahrez's agent: "Villarreal are after him"
- 14 Apr 18:00 LIVERPOOL, Sakho injured
- 14 Apr 11:25 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney: "We targeted City's lazy midfielders"
- 11 Apr 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Muto? Football is marke
- 09 Apr 11:55 ARSENAL, the latest team news ahead of Saturday's game against Burnley
- 09 Apr 06:39 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "Tottenham told porkies before sacking me"
- 07 Apr 06:29 MAN. UTD, Herrera: "I hope to remain for many years"
- 06 Apr 06:29 EVERTON, Lukaku's agent: "He will join a top club"
- 05 Apr 10:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Cech deserves a new prospective"
- 04 Apr 06:29 LEICESTER, Cambiasso: "I am happy here, but.."
- 02 Apr 12:30 ARSENAL, Debuchy returns to training
- 31 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Coates: "We want to keep Begovic"
- 30 Mar 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We're in talks for Walcott's new deal"
- 29 Mar 12:59 LIVERPOOL, Henderson: "Relaxed about my new deal"
- 28 Mar 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "It's a shame De Bruyne is gone"
- 27 Mar 14:56 ARSENAL, Gabriel: "I’ve always wanted to defend"
- 27 Mar 11:55 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New injury blow for Sturridge
- 27 Mar 06:19 EVERTON, Lennon: "I'm not in talks for a long-term deal"
- 26 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Adam: "I am ready to renew"
- 25 Mar 14:12 GERMANY, Low insists on Ozil landing to Berlin with Arsenal boss Wenger's permission
- 25 Mar 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to play with Vertonghen again"
- 24 Mar 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "We don't want to lose Lukaku"
- 23 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Lampard: "Too early to talk of firing Pellegrini"
- 22 Mar 10:59 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I've been in talks with Liverpool in the past"
- 19 Mar 20:16 ARSENAL, Ozil staying with Gunners
- 19 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "Inter? Never say never"
- 18 Mar 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger on Champions League last-16 exit
- 17 Mar 18:13 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "Little details could be key"
- 17 Mar 16:30 MAN UTD, Smalling: "We want Champions back here at Old Trafford"
- 17 Mar 16:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Carrick to target second place
- 17 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Allen: "Good signs regarding my new deal"
- 16 Mar 13:07 ARSENAL, Giroud: "I'll answer critics against Monaco"
- 16 Mar 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Di Maria is happy here"
- 15 Mar 10:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "No hurry for Sterling's new deal"
- 14 Mar 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to stay"
- 13 Mar 06:19 STOKE CITY, Bregovic: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 12 Mar 14:45 MANCHESTER CITY, Demichelis after renewal: "I'll keep fighting and trying to win titles for City"
- 12 Mar 06:29 QPR, Ferdinand: "We would like to keep Austin, but.."
- 11 Mar 11:30 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Loan star Radamel Falcao fails to shine for U21s
- 11 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Milner must make a decision"
- 10 Mar 13:00 ARSENAL, Monreal: "I was so pleased with my goal"
- 10 Mar 06:30 LIVERPOOL, Johnson: "I would like to move abroad"
- 09 Mar 09:48 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Monday's result will affect Premier League run in"
- 09 Mar 06:29 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "Nothing sure about my future"
- 08 Mar 09:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 07 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers turns out transfer rumors
- 05 Mar 20:15 ARSENAL, Gilberto Silva: "Alexis is a killer in front of goal"
- 05 Mar 18:14 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Reid: "Happy for my renewal"
- 04 Mar 12:43 ARSENAL, To boast three billionaires listed on Forbes
- 04 Mar 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "We are not interested in Bacca"
- 03 Mar 06:19 CHELSEA, Terry: "I hope to remain for a few more years"
- 02 Mar 22:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain on Giroud: "Oli is always there for scoring, that's just what we need"
- 02 Mar 20:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney on Di Maria: "He's talented, hopefully he'll start giving great performances for us as well"
- 02 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Yaya Touré is happy here"
- 01 Mar 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Forever in England"
- 28 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Bellerìn: "It's gonna be hard. We'll need to prove CL night was an accident"
- 28 Feb 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I am happy here"
- 27 Feb 17:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere will have surgery"
- 27 Feb 15:30 ARSENAL, Henry: "Training Gunners is a dream of mine"
- 27 Feb 13:30 TOTTENHAM, Chadli: "Now let's put disappointment away and make our best for Capital One Cup"
- 27 Feb 13:17 EVERTON, Europa League pairing with Dynamo Kyiv
- 27 Feb 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker after Emirates fiasco: "We'll need a wonderful night in Monaco"
- 27 Feb 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers after Besiktas EL failure: "We are disappointed for how much we put into the game"
- 26 Feb 07:00 ARSENAL, Wenger comments upon AS Monaco fiasco: "We were suicidal defensively"
- 26 Feb 02:20 ARSENAL v AS MONACO 1-3 - The Matchbox
- 25 Feb 11:43 ARSENAL, Monreal: "Wenger? I feel very lucky to have such a great coach"
- 25 Feb 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "I was about to leave"
- 24 Feb 21:00 ARSENAL v AS MONACO, Preview - Wenger: "We've got equal chances to pass the turn"
- 24 Feb 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Djuricic: "I would like to remain"
- 23 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Touré's agent: "Ready to commit to City for life"
- 22 Feb 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Demichelis could stay"
- 21 Feb 16:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho on Paris metro incident: "We invite mister Souleymane to join us at Stamford Bridge on our expense"
- 21 Feb 15:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Luke Shaw: "I know how good Swans can be on their days"
- 21 Feb 14:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal on team news: "Van Persie and Jones are fit for playing"
- 21 Feb 13:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Ospina: "They've got a direct style and move fast, we'll need to be careful"
- 21 Feb 12:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal: "We've got a fantastic spirit now, and we are looking for the perfect balance"
- 21 Feb 11:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Eagles captain Jedinak: "We are in the right mood to face such a strong team as Gunners"
- 21 Feb 10:00 SOUTHAMPTON v LIVERPOOL, Preview - Allen: "Saints have already succeeded in testing us"
- 21 Feb 09:00 LIVERPOOL, Joe Allen: "Jordon Ibe is brilliant, he's got the raw talent needed"
- 21 Feb 01:30 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I want to stay"
- 20 Feb 19:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Intense ground, and Pardew is doing very well. I'm happy for Chamakh's new career with Eagles"
- 20 Feb 17:00 TOTTENHAM, Ben Davies: "Good job against Fiorentina, but they were solid and hard to break"
- 20 Feb 14:44 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Ramsey still, doubts on Flamini and Bellerin. Wilshere is ok"
- 20 Feb 14:29 LIVERPOOL, Moreno about Besiktas: "We've been lucky as well"
- 19 Feb 01:12 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Alexis rejected several clubs to make Gunners switch"
- 18 Feb 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "We have to maintain momentum"
- 18 Feb 13:44 CHELSEA, Ivanovic cheered by Blues draw at Paris
- 18 Feb 06:39 WERDER, Eichin: "Prödl could renew"
- 25 Apr 09:00 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, First attempt for Praet failed
- 25 Apr 08:30 ITALY/ INTER, Sprint for Jovetic
- 25 Apr 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Pareja injured
- 25 Apr 07:27 MONACO, Kondogbia: "My future? I am happy here"
- 25 Apr 06:59 BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Donati's agent: "I don't think he'll stay"
- 25 Apr 06:29 WEST HAM, Song: "I want to remain in England"
- 25 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I will stay"
- 24 Apr 23:37 FRANCE/ PSG, Possible swap with Atletico
- 24 Apr 23:17 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Keen on Pedro
- 24 Apr 22:59 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Three midfielders on the wishlist
- 24 Apr 22:39 GREECE/ OLYMPAICOS, Interest for Koné
- 24 Apr 22:20 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Also Moutinho on the wishlist
- 24 Apr 22:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Lemoine renews with Saint-Etienne
- 24 Apr 21:37 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Dzeko towards Borussia
- 24 Apr 21:17 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Back for Uvini
- 24 Apr 20:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Idea Bartra
- 24 Apr 20:39 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Cerci will come back
- 24 Apr 20:20 ITALY/ GENOA, Eyes on Obi
- 24 Apr 20:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Idea Hernandez
- 24 Apr 19:44 FRANCE/ PSG, Blanc: " I would put much more emphasis Barcelona's performance"
- 24 Apr 19:15 ITALY/ GENOA, 2 German suitors for Kucka
- 24 Apr 19:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Willing to keep Chicharito Hernandez: 10 million euros needed
- 24 Apr 18:48 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, £100m Chelsea bid for Varane snubbed
- 24 Apr 18:36 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Daems joins Westerlo after 10 years and a half spent at 'Gladbach
- 24 Apr 18:24 FRANCE/ PSG, Thiago Motta's agent: "Inter return rumours? Just fiction, but he'd like it"
- 24 Apr 18:12 ITALY/ AC MILAN: Duel to Inter, Valencia and Villarreal on Iago Falqué
- 24 Apr 18:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Suggestion for Mandzukic
- 24 Apr 17:48 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Livermore on target
- 24 Apr 17:36 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Bruno Fernandes on target
- 24 Apr 17:24 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Sergi Palencia renews for Barcelona FC
- 24 Apr 17:12 ITALY/ LAZIO, Klose willing to renew again if getting to Champions League
- 24 Apr 17:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Insisting on Griezmann
- 24 Apr 16:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Fiorentina want Destro
- 24 Apr 16:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Suitors for Depay increasing
- 24 Apr 16:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, A new special contract ready for Diaby
- 24 Apr 16:00 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, In touch with Kuranyi
- 24 Apr 15:45 EUROPA LEAGUE, The Road to Warszaw: Napoli-Dnipro and FC Seville-Fiorentina
- 24 Apr 15:30 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, New offer for Tonny Vilhena ready
- 24 Apr 15:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Heinloth extends for Paderborn 07
- 24 Apr 15:00 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Abdennour's agent: "Arsenal, Tottenham, PSG, Spanish and Italian clubs keen on him"
- 24 Apr 14:30 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, 2 more European top suitors for Sneijder
- 24 Apr 13:57 ITALY/ INTER, Hastening Lazio on Zukanovic: offer ready
- 24 Apr 13:27 REAL MADRID, Butragueno bout Juve: "We go into a fascinating semi-final"
- 24 Apr 12:59 UEFA, Barcelona-Bayern, Juve-Real
- 24 Apr 12:29 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, 4 Bundesliga suitors for youngster Weiser
- 24 Apr 12:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Back dueling against City for Jay Rodriguez
- 24 Apr 11:30 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Duel to Everton and 'Gladbach on Di Santo
- 24 Apr 10:57 COLOMBIA/ DEPORTIVO CALI, Rodallega might join back
- 24 Apr 10:27 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Inter surveying Heurtaux
- 24 Apr 09:55 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Eye on Jordi Alba
After a season mostly stingy on satisfactions, Mexican international forward Javier Chicharito Hernandez (26), who scored the goal against Atletico Madrid with got Real to Champions League semifinals, might be hired back by Merengues from Manchester United. Still on a deal with R
Fiorentina left back Marcos Alonso has declared: "Where do I see myself for the next season? Still here, I am happy at Fiorentina and I am thinki
As reported by El Mundo Deportivo, Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas has declared: "I want to stay and win other titles. I have already won a
Barcelona midfielder Alexandre Song, currently on loan at West Ham, has declared: "I definitely want to stay here. I don't know if I can sign
Monaco 22-year-old midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia has declared: "My future? There is a clear project at Monaco, and I have found the stability I w
Interviewed by Gazzetta Tv, Silvio Pagliari, agent of Bayer Leverkusen right back Giulio Donati, has declared: "After such a good season, it seem