AC MILAN, Galliani: "Let's concentrate on the game against Zenit"
01.10.2012 17.41 by TM W
© foto di Simone Ferraro/PhotoViews
As Milan enter the most important week of the season so far the club is expecting a positive performance first in the Champions League against Zenit St Petersburg and then in the highly passionate derby against city rivals Inter. Adriano Galliani knows that these two matches could be turning point for the side.
"Let's concentrate on the game against Zenit, which is a delicate and difficult match. They are a good team and we have to try and get a good result. I was disappointed with the draw against Parma because we should have won the match, we didn't make the most of the chances created, but I did see an improvement in terms of the way we played. This is a good team and we must finish inside the top three places so we have to start making a comeback."
The Milan managing director is delighted to see that Stephan El Shaarawy is fulfilling his promise and is starting to score consistently. According to Galliani, the young striker is a special kind of player.
"You cannot really compare El Shaarawy to anyone else. I don't think we have ever had anyone like him at Milan, a counter attacking player like him at just 19 years old. I really insisted to bring him to Milan. He caught my eye when he was at Padova and now he has less competiton here and he can play regularly as either an out-and-out striker or as a wide attacker. Let's hope that Ferguson continues to like El Shaarawy but we cannot sell him. We have just renewed his contract until 2017 so there is no need to worry."
The team just needs a bit more time to gel together and for injured players to return to full fitness in order to be highly competetive. For Galliani, it is just a matter of time.
"We need to be patient with the team. This is a new Milan, a young Milan. We have less world class players than in the past and we have to be a little more patient than before. Boateng is still struggling because of the plaster cast on his hand."
Massimiliano Allgeri has the backing of the club as long as the results arrive and that progress is made as the season goas on.
"Massimiliano Allgeri has our backing. Obviously if a coach loses ten games in a row then he risks getting the sack but that goes for any coach. The coach is in charge of the team and can choose how to play and what formation to choose but I personally like to play with two holding midfielders. The only star performance in the Champions League against Real Madrid in Madrid came when we had two holding midfielders. But I am not a coach."
Finally Adriano Galliani spoke about the poor ticket sales this season and for the derby against Inter and sent out a message to the fans.
"I want to reach out to the fans and ask them to come to the stadium on Sunday and make the San Siro a wonder to behold. For the last two years Milan have been ahead of Inter but football is all about cycles."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 26 Jul 18:57 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, New plan for signing Arda Turan
- 26 Jul 18:29 BESIKTAS & TRABZONSPOR, Lazio challenged over Ricardo Costa
- 26 Jul 17:59 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Back for Kuzmanovic
- 26 Jul 17:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, UK bookmakers foreseeing Campbell join AC Milan
- 26 Jul 17:00 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Romero about to join
- 26 Jul 16:27 BELGIUM/ STANDARD LIEGE, Negotiations with Anelka ongoing
- 26 Jul 15:57 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Arsenal scared by the request for Schneiderlin
- 26 Jul 15:29 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Nacional Montevideo moving towards Polenta
- 26 Jul 14:59 MLS - CANADA/ OFFICIAL, Toronto FC don't hire Julio Cesar back from QPR
- 26 Jul 14:30 RUSSIA/ RUBIN KAZAN, Wakaso offered to Genoa
- 26 Jul 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Reina snubs Napoli: "I'd like to join Liga back, though hard now"
- 26 Jul 13:27 ITALY/ LAZIO, Still keen on De Vrij
- 26 Jul 13:12 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal sign Curbelo and Fredes
- 26 Jul 12:57 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Sprint for Zuculini
- 26 Jul 12:43 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Newcastle keen on Facundo Ferreyra
- 26 Jul 12:29 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Veloso
- 26 Jul 12:12 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Arsenal blazed out: Chambers' purchase finalized
- 26 Jul 11:59 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Also Valencia after Rojo
- 26 Jul 11:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, New offer for Ferreira Carrasco
- 26 Jul 11:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Griezmann likely to join
- 26 Jul 10:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Rigoni joins Palermo
- 26 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Ranieri is the new NT coach
- 26 Jul 09:27 LILLE, Girard: "Origi will stay"
- 26 Jul 08:59 WOLFSBURG, Arnold: "I am happy here"
- 26 Jul 08:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We didn't sign Shaw because..."
- 26 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "It will be difficult to replace Mathieu"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 26 Jul 01:27 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Offer for Bacca
- 26 Jul 00:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland sign Van Aanholt
- 26 Jul 00:29 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Agreement for Romulo
- 25 Jul 23:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Crystal Palace sign Campbell
- 25 Jul 23:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica sign Bebé
- 25 Jul 23:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Vives renews with Torino
- 25 Jul 22:37 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Idea Valdes
- 25 Jul 22:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Reed renews with Southampton
- 25 Jul 21:59 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Bakayoko joins Monaco
- 25 Jul 21:39 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover sign Kiyotake
- 25 Jul 21:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Basanta joins Fiorentina
- 25 Jul 21:00 GERMANY/ WOLSFBURG, Keen on Mustafi
- 25 Jul 20:45 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Medicals for Lovren
- 25 Jul 20:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Salvatore Masiello joins Torino back
- 25 Jul 20:15 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Double assault on Celtic: Forster and Van Dijk on target
- 25 Jul 20:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Drogba is coming not because he made history, but 'cause he wants to make more history"
- 25 Jul 19:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa meeting scheduled and a new suitor for Campagnaro
- 25 Jul 19:30 ITALY/ PARMA, Cassani already training with the squad. Just the announcement lacking
- 25 Jul 19:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 3 Serie A suitors for Rafael Marquez
- 25 Jul 18:57 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA M., Eberl: "Kurt wants Bayern Munich, but..."
- 25 Jul 18:42 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Besic touring with Toffees in Thailand: deal is close
- 25 Jul 18:26 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Vidal is not for sale"
- 25 Jul 18:20 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Drogba joins Chelsea back
After having already tried to sign Turkish international offensive midfielder and winger Arda Turan (27) from Atletico Madrid, Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal, according to AS, is planning to use Portuguese international winger and forward Nani (27) as a swapping part, i
Interiewed by Sportmediaset, Albian Morano, agent of Inter Milan forward Mauro Icardi, has declared: "There have never been any contacts with Mon
Interviewed by Marca, Valencia president Amedeo Salvo has declared about 30-year-old defender Jeremy Mathieu, who has just moved to Barcelona: "W
Commenting upon Didier Drogba's return to Chelsea after 2 seasons, Blues manager José Mourinho, through the pages of London side official w
Lille coach René Girard has declared about 19-year-old forward Divock Origi: "The case is over, he will remain with us".