INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 11.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 07 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I don't want to sell the club"
- 06 Mar 14:27 AC MILAN, Zapata: "Tough match in Udine"
- 06 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "No hurry about Conte's contract"
- 05 Mar 17:00 AC MILAN, Poli: "It was a hard knock but luckily I didn’t lose consciousness"
- 05 Mar 13:31 INTER, Thohir: "Vidic a world-class player"
- 05 Mar 06:00 CAGLIARI, Ibarbo: "I am not thinking about the future"
- 04 Mar 15:32 INTER, Zanetti: "I’m very open and always willing to do my best for this club"
- 04 Mar 10:43 INTER, Juan Jesus suspension: Inter to appeal
- 04 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Real: "I want to stay"
- 03 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Vidal will stay"
- 02 Mar 06:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No meeting with Eto'o"
- 01 Mar 06:00 ROMA, De Rossi: "I would like to play abroad but I love this club"
- 28 Feb 15:55 INTER, Mazzarri: "Zanetti is an important figure even when he doesn't play"
- 28 Feb 09:22 JUVENTUS, Conte: "We've been handed Fiorentina next and we're very relaxed"
- 28 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to remain as long as possible"
- 27 Feb 17:44 INTER, Rolando: "I chose to come here, even though there were other options"
- 27 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Asamoah's agent: "Soon the new contract"
- 26 Feb 16:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Benitez: "I know Swansea well..."
- 26 Feb 15:45 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I think we can do well against Atletico"
- 26 Feb 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mourinho back? We have Mazzarri..."
- 25 Feb 16:45 INTER, Guarin: "I’m happy and wouldn’t hesitate to sign with Inter for life"
- 25 Feb 00:00 GENOA, Perin: "Napoli? I am happy here"
- 24 Feb 09:41 JUVENTUS, Caceres: "Hats off to the team"
- 24 Feb 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "I will talk with the club about my new contract"
- 23 Feb 09:30 INTER, Ausilio: "Zanetti will stay"
- 22 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honoured of Real's interest, but.."
- 21 Feb 17:00 AC MILAN, Petagna: "We did well against Atletico"
- 21 Feb 10:15 Juventus, Osvaldo: "he squad is eager to continue this European"
- 21 Feb 06:00 VERONA, Romulo: "My future? In June.."
- 20 Feb 19:45 AC MILAN, Balotelli out 10 days
- 20 Feb 16:44 AC MILAN, Emanuelson: "Atletico?We created a lot, we just needed to score”
- 20 Feb 00:00 TORINO, Immobile's agent: "Honoured of Borussia interest"
- 19 Feb 15:15 JUVENTUS, Conte: "All set for Trabzonspor"
- 19 Feb 00:10 INTER, Mazzarri: "I don’t see Thohir being far away as a major problem"
- 18 Feb 12:15 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "Atletico are good, but they don't lack weaknesses"
- 18 Feb 11:09 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "Arda Turan is the player who impressed me most of all"
- 18 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Next Summer we'll build a winning team"
- 17 Feb 21:15 TURKEY/ TRABZONSPOR, Also Villas-Boas for the bench
- 17 Feb 20:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "It's not only about winning, but about how we win"
- 17 Feb 14:15 AC MILAN, Balotelli: "Proud for Simeone appreciating me, but I'm rossonero"
- 17 Feb 10:34 INTER, Thohir: "We continue to move forward as a team"
- 17 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Ranocchia could stay"
- 16 Feb 00:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "The market? We'll talk about it in June"
- 15 Feb 06:00 ESPANYOL, Casilla: "I am not leaving"
- 15 Feb 00:00 LAZIO, Klose's agent: "No agreement for the new contract yet"
- 14 Feb 16:14 JUVENTUS, new problems for Pepe
- 14 Feb 15:43 AS ROMA, Totti underwent medical tests
- 14 Feb 14:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "De Laurentiis. "It's Valentine's Day, perhaps he loves me too much"
- 14 Feb 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Training the French NT? In another life..."
- 13 Feb 19:00 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "It’s important to concede few goals in Italy"
- 07 Mar 08:15 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Keen on Rabiot
- 07 Mar 08:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Tough duel from United from Griezmann
- 07 Mar 07:45 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Manolev joins Kuban Krasnodar
- 07 Mar 07:30 MANCHESTER UNITED & TOTTENHAM, Survey on Paletta
- 07 Mar 07:15 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Jansen injured
- 07 Mar 07:00 PSG, Menez: "In January I decided to stay, in June.."
- 07 Mar 06:45 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "We are not after Lasogga"
- 07 Mar 06:30 SUNDERLAND, Alonso: "I am happy here, but.."
- 07 Mar 06:15 BARCELONA, Bartra: "I am ready to become Puyol's heir"
- 07 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I don't want to sell the club"
- 07 Mar 00:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Suggestion for Dani Alves
- 06 Mar 23:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Possible swap with Fiorentina
- 06 Mar 23:30 FRANCE/ SAINT-ETIENNE, Auction for Ruffier
- 06 Mar 23:15 ITALY/ INTER, Back for Lavezzi
- 06 Mar 23:00 FRANCE/ OM, Gomis to replace Gignac
- 06 Mar 22:45 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Also AC Milan after Coentrao
- 06 Mar 22:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Mascherano
- 06 Mar 22:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Adan renews for Betis
- 06 Mar 22:00 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Mariga unlikely to join
- 06 Mar 21:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Lead for Gonalons
- 06 Mar 21:30 ARSENAL & UNITED, One more Italian rival insidious on Cerci business
- 06 Mar 21:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Keen on Arda Turan
- 06 Mar 21:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Alexis Sanchez might be the key for catching Cavani
- 06 Mar 20:45 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "Chile was a tough opponent for German NT. It's vital for us to get all fit for World Cup"
- 06 Mar 20:30 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Survey on Kovacic: possible duel with city rivals Arsenal and Chelsea
- 06 Mar 20:15 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, José Sand joins Argentinos Juniors
- 06 Mar 20:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Survey on Wollscheid
- 06 Mar 19:45 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Cristaldo willing to stay
- 06 Mar 19:30 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, One more Italian suitor for Lamela
- 06 Mar 19:15 ARSENAL, Flamini: "We've been looking for a title song"
- 06 Mar 19:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Duel to German giants for Mustafi
- 06 Mar 18:45 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Attempt for Clichy ready
- 06 Mar 18:30 ENGLAND/ QPR, Club announce big losses
- 06 Mar 18:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Timo Werner extends for Stuttgart
- 06 Mar 18:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Paços de Ferreira, 2 Serie A clubs keen on Seri
- 06 Mar 17:45 ARSENAL, Vermaelen on Rosicky: "He's technically almost perfect, I'm happy he renewed"
- 06 Mar 17:30 ITALY/ CHIEVO VERONA, agreement with Aresti until 2017
- 06 Mar 17:15 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Eyes on Bergessio
- 06 Mar 17:01 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, 200 mlns to Barça and 25 mlns to Messi
- 06 Mar 16:45 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Farfan observed by Galatasaray
- 06 Mar 16:30 ARSENAL, Medical report on Jack Wilshere: 6 weeks out
- 06 Mar 16:15 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Lead over AS Roma on Salih Ucan
- 06 Mar 16:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Tracking Moussa Konate
- 06 Mar 15:51 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Montoya's agent: "Barça is our priority, but Italy would be good for him"
- 06 Mar 15:45 ITALY/ INTER, After Vidic the target is Kagawa
- 06 Mar 15:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Survey on Kurzawa
- 06 Mar 15:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Neto's agent: "No talks on renewal, but we are confident"
- 06 Mar 15:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Suggestion for Chicharito Hernandez
- 06 Mar 14:44 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Agnelli: "Already working to find a new Pogba"
- 06 Mar 14:27 AC MILAN, Zapata: "Tough match in Udine"
Almost 23 years old French international winger and forward Antoine Griezmann, star for Real Sociedad and currently on a deal with Basque club until June 2016, is now a main target for Manchester United management, which seem ready to submit Spanish side a 28 million euros...
Interviewed by Sky Sport, AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has declared: "I want to rassure our fans, I have no intention to sell the...
Barcelona defender Marc Bartra has declared: "There has been just one Puyol, and there will be only one. I will miss him a lot, from both a...
Fiorentina left back Marcos Alonso, actually on loan at Sunderland, has declared: "I’m very happy here at the moment, with the...
Interviewed by SPORT1, Wolfsburg Sports Director Klaus Allofs has declared about his club's interest for Hertha Berlin 22 year old forward...
Interviewed by France Bleu 107,1, PSG winger Jeremy Menez has declared: "Leaving during the Winter transfer window was not the ideal...