INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 12.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 28 Jun 12:51 JUVENTUS, Dani Alves introduces himself: "It was time to leave Barça. Bianconeri are THE icon of Italian football"
- 28 Jun 11:48 FC INTER - Thohir: "Proud of the strategic partnership formalised today with Suning"
- 22 Jun 18:51 OFFICIAL - Empoli buy Buchel back from JUVENTUS
- 21 Jun 16:54 OFFICIAL - AC MILAN: El Shaarawy has been permanently sold to AS ROMA
- 15 Jun 22:15 OFFICIAL - Palermo extend contract with Portuguese talent Embalo
- 15 Jun 20:45 LAZIO - Negotiation with Bielsa ongoing in Argentina
- 11 Jun 08:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Spartak Moscow in talks with Sampdoria for FERNANDO
- 10 Jun 10:54 JUVENTUS, Eye on Pellè
- 08 Jun 17:30 AS ROMA, Chelsea cleared of wrongdoing over the loan of Salah
- 08 Jun 17:16 LAZIO, Other troubles with Adriano: Barça will not let him leave for free
- 03 Jun 09:44 AC MILAN, Unai Emery gives green light: € 1.5 millions resignation to FC Seville
- 31 May 23:38 Italia, Bernardeschi's father: "Federico's convocation is a dream"
- 28 May 15:23 Milan, Berlusconi: "I'am dealing with Chinese e for this reason I study Chinese"
- 25 May 21:41 Inter, Zanetti: "Medel is important for us, it remains here"
- 23 May 22:15 Lazio, postive meeting with Prandelli
- 23 May 18:11 Napoli, the promise made by Higuain to Sarri: "I'll see you in Dimaro"
- 23 May 18:01 Inter, Moratti and Suning agreement: "Possible news soon"
- 23 May 17:57 Zanetti: "Simeone would coach Inter, but Mancini is a great coach"
- 23 May 17:45 Roma, Pallotta arrives in June. Totti and stadium on the agenda
- 23 May 17:06 Seria A, top 11 of Italian Championship according to UEFA
- 23 May 16:53 Inter, fixed Brozovic price: costs 25 mln euro
- 17 May 22:16 Milan, Bacca: "Saturday we have the opportunity to raise a new cup"
- 17 May 20:55 Fiorentina, Zarate: "I'am happy for my season in Florence"
- 17 May 20:10 Roma, Sabatini: Digne? "We will find an agreement with Paris Saint Germain"
- 17 May 12:20 LAZIO, Defining agreement with Jorge Sampaoli as next manager
- 16 May 16:13 LAZIO, Klose: "Leaving is not my decision"
- 16 May 09:35 TURIN to appoint Giampaolo if Ventura leaves
- 15 May 18:30 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting with River Plate on Alario
- 15 May 16:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Raul Asencio extend his deal with Genoa
- 12 May 20:15 Milan, ag. Bacca: "Future? We will talk with club after the Italian Cup final"
- 09 May 07:06 ATALANTA, Club icon Bellini quits after having scored last goal
- 06 May 09:52 PALERMO - Vazquez to leave
- 06 May 07:58 AS ROMA, Sabatini on Giallorossi midfield stars: "I want to keep Nainggolan and Pjanic"
- 05 May 11:33 VERONA - Luca Toni announces retirement
- 05 May 08:55 LAZIO, De Vrij hits pitch back after 9 months long injury
- 04 May 11:38 LAZIO - To move for Ben Arfa
- 04 May 11:01 HELLAS VERONA, Luca Toni announces quitting
- 04 May 10:31 NAPOLI - Hamsik: "I can't even imagine what would happen"
- 04 May 10:14 LAZIO - Pioli: "Happy for Claudio"
- 02 May 21:19 SERIE A - Genoa - Roma - FULL TIME
- 02 May 14:44 JUVENTUS - Morata to stay
- 02 May 10:03 MILAN - Ready to join the chase for Vilhena
- 02 May 09:49 JUVENTUS tracking BARCELONA's Mascherano
- 01 May 10:43 JUVENTUS - Set for Pogba extension
- 30 Apr 20:35 SERIE A - ChievoVerona 0 - 0 Fiorentina - HALF TIME
- 30 Apr 18:46 SERIE A - Udinese 1 - 5 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 17:26 JUVENTUS - Front runners for Batshuayi
- 30 Apr 17:16 SERIE A - Udinese 0 - 1 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 15:20 LAZIO - To appoint Fatih Terim
- 30 Apr 12:43 JUVENTUS - Target Kante if Pogba leaves
- 30 Apr 12:20 ROMA - De Sanctis to extend his contract
- 30 Apr 12:11 JUVENTUS - Bonucci keen on Serie A stay
- 30 Apr 11:08 NAPOLI - Mertens: "I'm fine here, but I need an extension to remain"
- 30 Apr 10:53 ANDERLECHT - Praet to join Fiorentina
- 30 Apr 09:53 FIORENTINA - Mazzarri to replace Sousa?
- 30 Apr 09:41 JUVENTUS- Neto to leave
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 28 Apr 17:21 ROMA - El Shaarawy wants to stay
- 28 Apr 16:43 TORINO - Paredes first target
- 28 Apr 12:46 ROMA - Pjanic or Nainggolan to leave
- 28 Apr 12:22 ROMA - Caceres in the spotlight
- 28 Apr 08:42 INTER - Mancini to accept Italy job
- 28 Apr 08:29 LAZIO - To bid for Pellé
- 27 Apr 15:12 JUVENTUS - Oscar-Isco to replace Cuadrado-Morata
- 27 Apr 14:53 FIORENTINA - Tottenham set to move for Kalinic
- 27 Apr 14:42 JUVENTUS - Evra: "I've not take a decision yet"
- 27 Apr 12:42 JUVENTUS - Eyes on Liverpool target Zielinski
- 26 Apr 20:09 TRANSFER MARKET - Two clubs interested in AS ROMA's Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 19:33 JUVENTUS - Allegri gets contract extension
- 26 Apr 13:24 INTER - Offered Thauvin
- 26 Apr 12:17 JUVENTUS - Morata uncertain about future
- 26 Apr 11:57 FIORENTINA - Eyes on Praet and Missiroli
- 26 Apr 11:44 LAZIO - Time to choose the manager
- 26 Apr 11:32 TORINO - set to bid for Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 10:39 INTER - Ajax Sporting Director: "No meeting set for El Ghazi"
- 26 Apr 01:09 FIORENTINA - Kalinic not eager to leave
- 25 Apr 20:45 JUVENTUS - Allegri to extend his contract
- 25 Apr 20:33 ROMA - Szczesny: "Roma and Arsenal are in negotiations"
- 25 Apr 20:06 JUVENTUS - Marotta: "Cavani? He is an opportunity"
- 25 Apr 19:51 INTER - Man United to beat Nerazzurri for Feghouli
- 25 Apr 19:50 Carpi v Empoli 1 -0 FT score
- 25 Apr 19:12 LAZO - Borini set for Serie A return
- 25 Apr 17:52 SERIE A - Verona 2-1 Milan - Final Score
- 25 Apr 17:29 SERIE A - Verona 1-1 Milan - Live Score
- 24 Apr 21:42 SERIE A - Fiorentina 1 - 2 Juventus - Full Time Result
- 24 Apr 20:49 SERIE A - Fiorentina 0 - 1 Juventus - Half Time Result
- 24 Apr 16:00 SERIE A/ 14:00 KO – Full-time scores
- 24 Apr 14:49 SERIE A/ 14:00 BST Games – Halftime scores
- 23 Apr 20:43 SERIE A - Inter Milan 1-1 Udinese (Half Time)
- 23 Apr 19:15 INTER v UDINESE- Official Line Ups
- 23 Apr 11:29 JUVENTUS - Keen on Tourè and Fernando
- 23 Apr 10:52 JUVENTUS - André Gomes first choice in midfield
- 23 Apr 10:41 MILAN - El Ghazi could join rivals
- 23 Apr 10:33 LAZIO - Gabbiadini or Lapadula to replace Klose
- 23 Apr 09:33 ATALANTA - Cigarini wants to stay
- 23 Apr 09:14 INTER - Jovetic to stay
- 23 Apr 08:57 SERIE A - Roma v Napoli: Predicted Line Ups
- 23 Apr 08:08 INTER - Join the race with Juventus and Milan for Gabriel Jesus
- 22 Apr 14:01 INTER - £4m for Ansaldi
After having been striken out from Euro 2016 as a Spain player, 23 years old striker Alvaro Morata, whom Real Madrid have just bought back after him having spent two brilliant seasons at Juventus, is still the main name on Chelsea frontline's wishlist.
In order to defeat c
Attending his first press conference as Juventus player, 33 years old Brazilian star Dani Alves stated:
"I chose 23 as my number, same one as
Villarreal announced having extended their deals with former Italian international defensive all-rounder Daniele Bonera (35), until June 2017, an
Tottenham centre-back Jan Vertonghen has posted a message on Twitter welcoming new signing Victor Wanyama.
Welcome to Tottenham @V
French broadcast InfoSportPlus, as reported below, posted a tweet including Olympique Lyon owner Jean-Michel Aulas' latest statements, regard
Coming back from his loan at Grasshoppers, Swiss Under-19 international goalkeeper Gregor Kobel (18) had his own deal with Hoffenheim offici