INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 11.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 06 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Borja Valero: "Ready to remain forever"
- 05 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Chiellini's agent: "New contract? There is time"
- 04 Dec 00:00 INTER, Cambiasso: "I am not worried about my new contract"
- 03 Dec 19:00 AC MILAN, Zapata: "All of the defenders are ready if necessary"
- 03 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are not after Menez"
- 02 Dec 14:00 INTER, Jonathan: "It's disappointing but we're already looking ahead to our next game"
- 02 Dec 09:29 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "The President’s announcement clearly came at the right time"
- 02 Dec 08:45 INTER, Mazzarri: "We still need to improve"
- 02 Dec 08:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Some victories are worth double and this definitely feels like six points gained"
- 02 Dec 08:03 INTER, Thohir: "My first time at San Siro? Unbelievable"
- 02 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Marchisio and Pogba won't move"
- 01 Dec 08:30 ROMA, Pjanic: "I am not worried about the transfer rumours"
- 30 Nov 00:00 INTER, Belfodil's agent: "Leaving in January? I don't think so"
- 29 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Cannavaro's agent: "Honoured of Inter Milan's interest"
- 28 Nov 09:06 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "“It’s the first treble of my career "
- 28 Nov 08:30 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "Our experience won it for us"
- 28 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Ready to sign the new contract"
- 27 Nov 14:45 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Keen on Dorrans
- 27 Nov 09:44 AC MILAN, Kakà: "A victory or even a draw would be enough for us to qualify"
- 27 Nov 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "I could buy an another club"
- 26 Nov 18:59 CELTIC GLASGOW v AC MILAN, Official lineups: Allegri chooses Balo as his only forward
- 26 Nov 09:26 AC MILAN, Kakà: "There’s just Abbiati and Bonera left from that side"
- 26 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "The transfer market? We have time to meditate"
- 25 Nov 18:00 INTER, Thohir on transfer market: "Yes, I want Nainggolan"
- 25 Nov 12:02 AC MILAN, Galliani: "I don’t like making alibies...."
- 25 Nov 09:59 INTER, Handanovic: "A shame. So many chances…"
- 25 Nov 09:30 INTER, Juan Jesus: "We're always trying hard out there"
- 25 Nov 00:00 INTER, Wallace's agent: "In January he won't move"
- 24 Nov 09:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He won't leave"
- 23 Nov 00:00 LAZIO, Marchetti's agent: "Milan were interested, but.."
- 22 Nov 13:15 AC MILAN, Allegri: "“We’ll need sacrifice and intensity to win tomorrow"
- 22 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Cannavaro's agent: "No contacts with Parma"
- 21 Nov 16:30 AC MILAN, Poli: "Pleased by what Gattuso said"
- 21 Nov 00:00 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy's agent: "Galatasaray? Ready to talk about it"
- 20 Nov 16:49 INTER, Ranocchia: "I can't imagine a life without football"
- 20 Nov 02:00 LAZIO, Onazi: "Ready to play in England"
- 19 Nov 20:00 AC MILAN, Constant: "My nomination for African Player of the Year is a great reward"
- 19 Nov 19:45 UDINESE, Jadson: "I want to win as much as I can with this team"
- 19 Nov 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "The transfer market? No hurry"
- 18 Nov 18:15 ITALY/ MILAN, Gabriel: "Winning is always important for confidence"
- 18 Nov 13:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente turns Arsenal and City hopes off: "Being with Bianconeri is good"
- 18 Nov 11:00 INTER, Thohir: "Team spirit and American model, but the team belongs to the fans"
- 18 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Pjanic: "I would like to remain for a long time, but.."
- 17 Nov 02:30 BOLOGNA, Sorensen: "Juventus? I want to stay"
- 16 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "The new contract? There is still time"
- 15 Nov 11:35 INTER, Moratti: "Thohir made an excellent impression on me"
- 15 Nov 00:00 AC MILAN, Amelia's agent: "In January he will stay, but.."
- 14 Nov 14:22 Inter, Thohir and president Moratti in Appiano Gentile
- 14 Nov 09:30 AC MILAN, Emanuelson: "We have to win against Genoa"
- 14 Nov 09:18 INTER, Jonathan: "I'm confident again and relaxed"
- 06 Dec 08:00 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Chivas sign Castro
- 06 Dec 07:40 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Palermo quits Godoy Cruz
- 06 Dec 07:17 SWEDEN/ OFFICIAL, Hamren will train the NT until 2016
- 06 Dec 06:57 PSG, Lucas' agent: "He won't leave PSG"
- 06 Dec 06:39 BORUSSIA D., Aubameyang's agent: "He will remain for a long time"
- 06 Dec 06:19 ARSENAL, Fabianski: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 06 Dec 06:00 ESPANYOL, Collet: "Casilla wants to stay"
- 06 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Borja Valero: "Ready to remain forever"
- 05 Dec 23:27 SPAIN/ REAL SOCIEDAD, Barça and City after Bravo
- 05 Dec 22:57 FRANCE/ MONACO, Price for Falcao is set
- 05 Dec 22:29 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL, German duel for Salah
- 05 Dec 21:59 FRANCE/ MONACO, Also Nice after Germain
- 05 Dec 21:30 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Also Cardiff after Moreno
- 05 Dec 21:00 FRANCE/ SAINT-ETIENNE, Italian duel for Zouma
- 05 Dec 20:27 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Eyes on two PSG players
- 05 Dec 19:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Back for Gourcuff
- 05 Dec 19:29 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Jayme de Almeida extends with Flamengo
- 05 Dec 18:59 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Offer for Nani ready
- 05 Dec 18:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Lead for Sam
- 05 Dec 18:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Danilo closer
- 05 Dec 17:27 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Anyukov extends with Zenit
- 05 Dec 16:57 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Saponara will be loaned
- 05 Dec 16:29 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Moreira
- 05 Dec 15:59 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Idea Advocaat for the Bench
- 05 Dec 15:30 ENGLAND/ OTTENHAM, Also Napoli after Heitinga
- 05 Dec 15:00 SPAIN/ BETIS, Eyes on Cardozo
- 05 Dec 14:45 SPAIN/ GRANADA, Two Premier League suitors for El Arabi
- 05 Dec 14:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No Arsenal for Morata, we need him here"
- 05 Dec 14:15 RUBIN KAZAN & KUBAN KRASNODAR, Chinese and Qatari competition on Momo Sissoko
- 05 Dec 14:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Jovetic won't leave City in January
- 05 Dec 13:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Jean Fernandez quits as Montpellier manager
- 05 Dec 13:30 ARSENAL, Bendtner: "It's difficult for us who play few games, but I'm so happy for my goal"
- 05 Dec 13:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Luis Aragones quits training
- 05 Dec 13:00 CHINA/ GUANGZHOU EVERGRANDE, Lippi wants Quagliarella
- 05 Dec 11:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Strange calendar for us. Very heavy schedule for us starting from next week"
- 05 Dec 11:15 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Eyes on Bourceanu
- 05 Dec 11:00 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Dortmund and Arsenal challenged on Kagawa
- 05 Dec 10:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Wolski's agent: "He can join Legia Warszaw back"
- 05 Dec 10:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on Walcott: "He's not completely ready yet"
- 05 Dec 10:15 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Suggestion for Buescher after test period
- 05 Dec 10:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Cannavaro's agent: "He wants to stay, no contacts with AC Milan or Parma"
- 05 Dec 09:45 ARSENAL, Sagna: "We have a chance to win Premier League because we started well"
- 05 Dec 09:30 ARSENAL & CHELSEA, Final duel for Sanabria
- 05 Dec 09:15 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Tiago Ilori set to leave on loan
- 05 Dec 09:00 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "We are displaying good quality, but need to stay focused"
- 05 Dec 08:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pogba's renewal on arrival
- 05 Dec 08:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger on Bendtner: "I always believed in his qualities"
- 05 Dec 08:15 SWEDEN/ HALMSTADS, Berisha: "Real and Juventus keen on me. I refused trial offers from Arsenal and United"
- 05 Dec 08:00 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Valencia joins Olimpo
- 05 Dec 07:40 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Balakhnin extends with Sibir
Asked about rumours having Spanish Under-21 international stiker Alvaro Morata (21) possibly leaving real Madrid in January for joining Arsenal, Merengues manager Carlo Ancelotti stated: "No chance for it, Alvaro will keep playing for us, and won't certainly join...
Interviewed by Sportmediaset, Fiorentina midfielder Borja Valero has declared: "If the club would ask me to end my career here, it would...
Interviewed by Esport3, Espanyol president Joan Collet has declared about 27 year old goalkeeeper Kiko Casilla: "We want him to remain with...
Interviewed by Arsenal Player, Gunners striker Nicklas Bendtner, who got back scoring an official goal last night against Hull City, stated:...
Interviewed by TMW, Oscar Daniani Junior, agent of Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, has declared: "Napoli have been...
Interviewed by Milliyet, Fenerbahçe winger Milos Krasic, actually on loan at Bastia, has declared: "It's not easy to play in...