INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 13.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 16 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Boca? No, I'll remain here"
- 15 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Torres going nowhere"
- 12 Dec 18:48 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I am sure that with this squad we can qualify for the Champions"
- 12 Dec 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman going nowhere"
- 11 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Tare: "We are not after Andreolli"
- 10 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No contacts for Inan"
- 09 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Lucas Silva? After Christmas we'll see"
- 09 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Dybala: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 08 Dec 06:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "We want to reinforce our team"
- 07 Dec 06:00 ROMA, Florenzi: "The new contract? We'll see..."
- 06 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Baccin: "Dybala going nowhere"
- 05 Dec 00:00 UDINESE, Soldati: "I don't think Widmer will leave in January"
- 04 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Savic: "No contacts with Juve"
- 03 Dec 17:13 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Ronaldo deserves Ballon d'Or, but Messi is still the best"
- 03 Dec 17:00 AS ROMA, Castan underwent neurosurgery this morning
- 03 Dec 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 02 Dec 17:50 AC MILAN, Bonera: "What Adriano Galliani said is very true..."
- 02 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 01 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Gonzalez: "If I don't get to play, I'll leave"
- 30 Nov 06:00 FIORENTINA, Richards: "Coming here was the right decision"
- 29 Nov 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "No negotiations for the new deal"
- 28 Nov 00:00 FIORENTINA, Mencucci: "Still in talks with Neto"
- 27 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba is not for sale"
- 26 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 24 Nov 20:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Against CSKA it will not be easy"
- 24 Nov 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Confidence in Ventura"
- 23 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I'm happy here"
- 22 Nov 06:00 GENOA, Kucka: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 21 Nov 16:59 INTER, Thohir: "We're building our five-year business plan"
- 21 Nov 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "I am happy here"
- 20 Nov 21:00 AC MILAN, Abbiati: "The best goal in the derby? In my opinion Shevchenko’s in the second leg of the Champions"
- 20 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Ljajic: "I could stay for 10 years"
- 19 Nov 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Bommel: "De Jong? He is almost like me, playing for the team not for himself"
- 19 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "I don't think I will leave in January"
- 18 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Destro going nowhere"
- 17 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We have refused United's offer for Vidal"
- 16 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I don't know if I will rejoin Real"
- 15 Nov 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Happy to welcome back Roberto Mancini"
- 14 Nov 00:00 ROMA, De Sanctis: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 13 Nov 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer: "My future? I am happy here"
- 12 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "No offers from Barça and Atletico"
- 11 Nov 00:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic's agent: "We'll make a decision with the club"
- 10 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Optimistic about Lichtsteiner's new contract"
- 08 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 07 Nov 17:14 AC MILAN, Berlusconi to the team: "Thank you for the 2-0 win the other evening"
- 07 Nov 10:30 INTER, Kovacic: "We should have done more"
- 07 Nov 06:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "He could move abroad"
- 06 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We don't want to sell Vidal"
- 05 Nov 08:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente on 3-2 over Olympiakos: "We showed a great response after their 0-2"
- 05 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "No hurry about his new contract"
- 04 Nov 11:29 AC MILAN, Saponara: "Defeat will be a valuable lesson"
- 04 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Albiol's brother: "His future is here"
- 03 Nov 00:00 INTER, Fassone: "Rolando can come back"
- 01 Nov 00:00 PARMA, Leonardi: "In January we'll be attentive on the market"
- 31 Oct 06:00 AC MILAN, Torres: "Leaving Chelsea was my choice"
- 30 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "The new contract? I'm happy here"
- 29 Oct 07:39 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Happy for Tevez's return to Argentinian NT and Pogba's Ballon d'Or nomination"
- 28 Oct 06:00 NAPOLI, Higuain's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 24 Oct 19:31 JUVENTUS, Asamoah eager for return to winning ways
- 24 Oct 00:00 PARMA, De Ceglie's agent: "Here on permanent basis? We'll see"
- 23 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He is happy in Naples"
- 22 Oct 00:00 INTER, Obi's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 21 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Nainggolan: "My future? I evaluate year by year"
- 20 Oct 13:45 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I left the pitch angrily because I knew I could have played better"
- 20 Oct 00:00 SASSUOLO, Zaza: "I know that Juve are observing me"
- 19 Oct 06:00 ROMA, Paredes: "Here for a long time"
- 18 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 17 Oct 16:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal won’t be in the squad because he played two 90-minute matches for Chile"
- 17 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will remain for a long time"
- 16 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "No news about his new contract"
- 15 Oct 18:05 AC MILAN, Essien: "I am often in touch with Mourinho"
- 15 Oct 14:59 INTER, Ausilio: "We've analysed the problems without shame or fear"
- 14 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Rabiot? We admire the skilled players"
- 13 Oct 18:22 AC MILAN, Saponara: "It was a bad injury and it scared me a lot"
- 13 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I don't want to leave"
- 12 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Keita: "I came here to win"
- 11 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 10 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He wants to stay for 10 more years"
- 08 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "Remaining was his decision"
- 07 Oct 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mazzarri is confirmed. We will reinforce our team"
- 06 Oct 10:32 INTER, Mazzarri: "Little to be said, we'll solve our problems"
- 06 Oct 09:25 INTER, Ausilio: "This isn't the real Inter. We'll come through this together"
- 06 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Cuadrado: "The new contract? Ask my agent"
- 05 Oct 00:00 MILAN, Abbiati: "I won't retire at the end of the season"
- 04 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "At the monent he is happy in Naples"
- 03 Oct 00:00 UDINESE, Heurtaux: "I am happy here"
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No hurry about Kovacic and Icardi's renewal"
- 28 Sep 06:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Totti here for a long time"
- 27 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "I will end my career at Belgrano"
- 26 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "This is a great place to play football"
- 25 Sep 18:22 INTER, Erick Thohir meets Barbara Berlusconi
- 25 Sep 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Inter? Could be"
- 24 Sep 11:28 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Torres had a good match. He hadn’t played 90 minutes for a long time"
- 22 Sep 07:59 JUVENTUS, Pereyra: "Good performance, but I need to improve defensively"
- 22 Sep 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 21 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Inter have done well on the transfar market"
- 17 Dec 19:16 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Agent dismisses Cole link
- 17 Dec 19:00 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Falcao: "I am very happy in this city"
- 17 Dec 18:44 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Also Wolfsburg interested in Shaqiri
- 17 Dec 18:30 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I want to be like Guardiola"
- 17 Dec 18:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho rules out January signings at Blues
- 17 Dec 18:00 GERMANY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - WyScout, Bayern working for Hysaj
- 17 Dec 17:44 ITALY/ LAZIO, Losing Kannemann target
- 17 Dec 17:30 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sion: Tholot is the new coach
- 17 Dec 17:15 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, De Gea told to team-mates: "I stay here"
- 17 Dec 17:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, New offer for Diafra Sakho
- 17 Dec 16:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ozil: "I miss playing, I miss the ball"
- 17 Dec 16:13 ARSENAL, Chambers: "I'm used to switching roles"
- 17 Dec 15:15 ENGLAND/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Arsenal, closer to Van Dijk
- 17 Dec 14:58 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Pardew has confirmed that Ben Arfa has no future at the club"
- 17 Dec 14:49 RUSSIA/ CSKA MOSCOW, Weigh up move for Ivorian hitman
- 17 Dec 14:38 ITALY/ ROMA, Cole's agent: "Transfer? All false"
- 17 Dec 14:20 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Bayern Munich: Gaudino and Starke extends
- 17 Dec 12:59 ENGAND/ ARSENAL, Chance of signing Giovinco
- 17 Dec 12:43 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, 41 mlns for De Gea
- 17 Dec 12:30 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Eye on Montoya
- 17 Dec 12:14 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, final offer for Milner
- 17 Dec 11:59 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Dembele for sign Delph
- 17 Dec 11:45 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Santa Cruz is leaving
- 17 Dec 11:35 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Reds agree Ochoa deal
- 17 Dec 11:20 ENGLAND/ United and City, Ready to track Rakitic
- 17 Dec 09:54 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Rodgers confident on Sterling stay
- 17 Dec 09:35 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Tracking Jackson Martinez
- 17 Dec 00:38 MANCHESTER CITY, Sagna: "I have played a few times at centre-back for Arsenal"
- 17 Dec 00:15 REAL MADRID, Jese: "You better take cover when Ancelotti gets angry"
- 17 Dec 00:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Duel to Real Madrid on Sterling
- 16 Dec 23:27 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Yanga-Mbiwa will be hired back from Newcastle
- 16 Dec 22:59 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AS Roma eye Kranevitter
- 16 Dec 22:29 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Nando Garcia on target
- 16 Dec 22:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Inter, duel to AC Milan and Premier League clubs on Gignac
- 16 Dec 21:30 AS ROMA & AC MILAN, Eyes on Augsburg's Baba
- 16 Dec 20:57 EXCLUSIVE TMW - River Plate work on signing Bertolo
- 16 Dec 20:27 ITALY/ LAZIO, Challenge thrown to German giants for signing Wimmer
- 16 Dec 19:59 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "Scoring against Newcastle has been the perfect way to celebrate my 30th"
- 16 Dec 19:39 LIGA SCANDAL, United's Ander Herrera denies match-fixing claims
- 16 Dec 19:20 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Song "I've bids from Italy but I want to stay here"
- 16 Dec 19:00 AUSTRIA/ OFFICIAL, Bull Salzburg: arrives Hee-Chan Hwang
- 16 Dec 18:44 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Samp: signed Joaquin Correa from Estudiantes
- 16 Dec 18:30 ENGLAND/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - West Ham-H'Maidat, positive meeting
- 16 Dec 18:15 ITALY/ MILAN, Brozovic: the present for Inzaghi
- 16 Dec 18:00 ITALY, NT coach Conte: "This job gives me such a responsibility"
- 16 Dec 17:44 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Panathinaikos: Karelis extends until 2018
- 16 Dec 17:33 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Arfa won’t be returning to the club
- 16 Dec 16:13 ITALY/ PALERMO, Belotti: "I'm dreaming about Real"
- 16 Dec 15:35 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Approaching Tonev
- 16 Dec 15:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Survey on Szukala
Ashley Cole's agent has rubbished reports that the defender is looking to leave Roma in January, branding the reports linking him with a move to Crystal Palace as a "disgrace".
“Ashley is loving life in Italy and in Rome. He has never been happier,” h
Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has declared: "Joining Boca? No, it's not true. I have a contract with Juventus and I want to remain here in It
The 34-year-old replaced the now Bayern Munich boss in the Barca engine room when he made the break through at Camp Nou back in the late nineties.&nbs
Calum Chambers says he is only benefiting from playing in different roles across Arsenal’s back four.
The 19-year-old has already staked his
Interviewed by RTL, Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has declared about 31-year-old midfielder Jérémy Toulalan: "I am in talks
Interviewed by Welt am Sonntag, Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has declared: "I've been here for almost eight years, I am like married to