INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 13.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 05 Feb 07:00 JUVENTUS, Long-term injury for Caceres: surgery today
- 04 Feb 18:30 SERIE A: Massimiliano Irrati stopped play for a few minutes by insults from the stands of Olimpico
- 04 Feb 17:54 JUVENTUS: Martin Caceres into surgery
- 04 Feb 17:03 LAZIO - Klose won't renew his contract in June
- 04 Feb 14:21 Kalidou Koulibaly praises referee for halting Lazio v Napoli match
- 01 Feb 23:15 MILAN- De Jong leaving note to the fans
- 01 Feb 23:13 OFFICIAL - Verdù moves from Fiorentina to Levante
- 01 Feb 22:10 OFFICIAL - Fiorentina sign Kone from Udinese
- 01 Feb 20:47 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria, permanent deal for Diakité
- 01 Feb 20:43 Aquilani agent: "Sporting want to keep him, no Sampdoria on his way"
- 01 Feb 20:36 OFFICIAL - Napoli sign Vasco Regini from Sampdoria
- 01 Feb 20:29 MILAN - Rumours about Diego Lopez's exit dismissed
- 31 Jan 23:30 ITALY / AC MILAN 3 - INTER 0
- 31 Jan 17:32 Round up for SERIE A results of Sunday 31 January 2016
- 31 Jan 17:02 Napoli still top of the table after 5-1 win over Empoli
- 31 Jan 15:10 Chievo v Juventus 0-4: 12th win in a row and top of the table for Bianconeri
- 31 Jan 14:30 ITALY / SERIE A: Banega could go to Inter
- 31 Jan 14:16 Inter eye Mario Rui: deal is possible if Santon goes out
- 30 Jan 15:25 INTER - Lass Diarra is top of the list to revamp midfiled, but negotiation with OM is complicated
- 30 Jan 12:44 BAYERN MUNICH - Ancelotti to target Khedira from Juventus
- 29 Jan 23:29 NAPOLI - Higuain: "I'm grateful to Sarri. He convinced me to stay in five minutes"
- 29 Jan 23:02 FIORENTINA - The deal to sign River Plate's Mammana is off
- 29 Jan 14:07 Vidic announces retirement
- 28 Jan 15:13 AS Roma keen on Chelsea defender Gary Cahill
- 27 Jan 17:53 Kakà on his future: "Back to AC Milan again? I don't know, doors are always open"
- 27 Jan 17:06 OFFICIAL : Guarin is a new Shanghai Shenhua player
- 14 Jan 15:32 AS ROMA, Spalletti back as manager
- 13 Jan 23:07 ITALY/ JUVE, Zaza fears he will miss out on a loan move to the Premier League
- 12 Jan 13:03 PALERMO, Maresca back in the roster with new management
- 04 Jan 22:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Totti's wife about striker's future: ""Retirement? We're there"
- 14 Dec 08:29 JUVENTUS, Dybala: "We are getting nearer our Christmas time target. We showed our courage against Fiorentina"
- 03 Dec 08:59 AC MILAN, Luiz Adriano: "I'm very happy, and comfortable playing with double striker system"
- 29 Nov 13:00 SAMPDORIA, Cassano incident denied
- 27 Nov 13:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We can win Serie A"
- 24 Nov 11:59 JUVENTUS, Chiellini: "City will be aggressive. Dybala is developing into a very fine player, technique-wise"
- 20 Nov 00:00 AC MILAN, Donnarumma: "Being compared to Buffon is an honour, he's the all-time best"
- 19 Nov 16:30 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "I'm not surprised Premier League are tracking him"
- 18 Nov 17:30 JUVENTUS, Morata: "At Paris it was a terrible tragedy"
- 16 Nov 10:36 ITALY/ JUVE, Pogba will leave and join Barcelona, according to FIFA agent Bronzetti
- 15 Nov 17:00 AS ROMA, Garcia on Paris attacks: "Let's all stay close against such tragedies"
- 09 Nov 18:00 ITALY, Conte: "Pirlo may not make Italy Euro 2016 squad"
- 09 Nov 17:49 ITALY/ AC MILAN, For the midfield observing Maher
- 09 Nov 15:40 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We are proud of what we are achieving"
- 06 Nov 00:05 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "I will do the best that I can to support Mancini and Inter. Scudetto? We will see"
- 05 Nov 22:04 INTER, Deschamps: "Difficult situation for Kondogbia at Inter"
- 05 Nov 08:29 AS ROMA, Nainggolan: "Good victory over Leverkusen, but we need to improve defence-wise"
- 04 Nov 05:57 EXCLUSIVE - Cristiano Zanetti: "Inter is favourite for Scudetto, injuries will make the difference. Mancini understands all game situations"
- 03 Nov 14:13 ITALY, Summit Thohir-Berlusconi, the topics
- 03 Nov 07:59 INTER, Mancini: "Scudetto? We'll think about that later"
- 02 Nov 20:39 AC MILAN, Bertolacci: tear of the rectus femoris muscle in his left thigh
- 02 Nov 18:27 AC MILAN, Antonelli: "We knew Lazio's wide-men are the league's best. A very good moment for us"
- 01 Nov 22:00 TORINO, Bad news from the infirmary: Maksimovic's return delayed
- 29 Oct 09:57 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Sassuolo disaster: "No excuse for our approach, I'm really disappointed. All of us are to blame"
- 28 Oct 07:30 INTER, Handanovic: "My save on Destro? That's simply my job. But we need to work on our mentality and approach"
- 27 Oct 06:00 INTER, Mancini: "Besides Fiorentina unfortunate game, we showed to be defensively solid"
- 26 Oct 21:35 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini: "Icardi will rediscover goalscoring form"
- 26 Oct 14:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "We played almost perfectly against Chievo"
- 26 Oct 09:47 JUVENTUS, Pereyra could stop for 20 days
- 24 Oct 04:08 ITALY/ JUVE, Marotta: "Draxler chose money over Juventus"
- 22 Oct 20:30 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: " At Inter I played one and half season, but I couldn't keep the continuity "
- 22 Oct 13:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Walcott: "The secret to beating Bayern"
- 21 Oct 08:59 AS ROMA, Pjanic on 4-4 draw at Leverkusen: "A real shame, we shouldn't have conceded them that much"
- 20 Oct 10:27 AS ROMA, Florenzi: "Happy to have drawn more attention on me after the goal against Barça"
- 20 Oct 05:23 ITALY/ INTER, Thohir: "We have built a good squad and our objective for this year is to get back into the Champions"
- 19 Oct 13:15 ITALY, Ancelotti: "I would never coach Inter"
- 19 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Marchisio: "Important point against Inter. We are not giving up on Scudetto"
- 16 Oct 20:33 INTER, Mancini: "Some things have changed from my first time here"
- 16 Oct 07:00 JUVENTUS, Khedira: "Now Italian league is thrilling for us. In a way, that's a good thing"
- 15 Oct 06:00 LAZIO, Club M.D. on De Vrij: "We hope we can avoid knee surgery"
- 14 Oct 19:02 AC MILAN, Calabria: "Proud to represent Italy Under-21s"
- 14 Oct 09:53 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Signed the young Di Massimo
- 14 Oct 06:00 INTER, Alex Telles looks forward to Juventus clash: "We are prepared, and we can win. Things might change a lot after next weekend"
- 12 Oct 07:57 JUVENTUS, Medical report on Morata: no fractures
- 10 Oct 00:00 INTER, Montoya's agent: "He will stay"
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Nedved: "I don't see Morata in another club"
- 07 Oct 11:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Also Valencia are battling to sign Victor Valdes
- 07 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He has never asked to leave"
- 06 Oct 00:00 INTER, Dimarco's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 05 Oct 00:00 AC MILAN, Mihajlovic: "I won't resign"
- 04 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "I will stay for some more seasons, then.."
- 03 Oct 06:00 INTER, Vidic's agent: "Nothing true about DC United's interest"
- 02 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "Too early to talk about my new contract"
- 01 Oct 13:27 JUVENTUS, Morata after triumph over FC Seville: "Delighted for victory more than for my goal. I really enjoy working with Dybala"
- 01 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Vecino: "I am very happy in Florence"
- 30 Sep 06:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "I would have liked to play in England"
- 29 Sep 19:58 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner will miss the Group D meeting with Sevilla
- 29 Sep 19:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - AS ROMA: "Vital game against BATE. No problem playing in Keita's usual position, if I'm needed there"
- 29 Sep 16:46 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Disciplinary action against Caceres: suspension from the first team
- 29 Sep 13:30 CHAMPIONS, Bate-Roma: Possible lineups Roma boss Garcia set for 100th game in charge
- 29 Sep 06:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 28 Sep 13:59 Roll with the exes - FROSINONE v EMPOLI: the only one is a very recent one
- 28 Sep 10:37 Roll with the exes - ATALANTA v SAMPDORIA: One for each team, both Paraguayan
- 28 Sep 00:00 BOLOGNA, Corvino: "Rossi will stay"
- 26 Sep 23:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, TORINO v PALERMO: several ones, Belotti is the most recent
- 26 Sep 21:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, SASSUOLO v CHIEVO VERONA: one captain and icon among
- 26 Sep 15:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, NAPOLI v JUVENTUS: the only real one is a manager
- 26 Sep 11:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, AS ROMA v CARPI: a veteran Giallorossi striker in between
- 24 Sep 13:00 Roll with the exes - EMPOLI v ATALANTA: One for each squad
- 23 Sep 23:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Matchday 5 failure: "We weren't careful enough on Frosinone corner kick"
- 05 Feb 17:48 Spurs better off without Kane?
- 05 Feb 17:25 Mourinho next to be targeted by Chinese Super League
- 05 Feb 17:14 Hiddink believes good time are ahead for Chelsea
- 05 Feb 16:58 Far East a threat to Europe's top leagues?
- 05 Feb 16:47 'Manchester City move will not distract Bayern' says Guardiola
- 05 Feb 16:35 Pellegrini: 'Leicester not the biggest game of the season'
- 05 Feb 16:26 New TV deal will not lower ticket prices says Wenger
- 05 Feb 16:19 Howe's praise for in-form Boruc
- 05 Feb 16:11 Crystal Palace have worst form in Europe
- 05 Feb 13:00 SLOVAKIA/ OFFICIAL, Slovan Bratislava sign Under-19 NT captain Kopicar
- 05 Feb 12:47 Arsenal, Wenger: "I’m happy for Benik Afobe"
- 05 Feb 12:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Barnsley sign Harris
- 05 Feb 12:30 SLOVAKIA/ OFFICIAL, Chinese youngster Cong Huang AS Trencin
- 05 Feb 12:15 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Kayserispor sign William
- 05 Feb 12:00 TURKEY/ FENERBAHCE: Willing to sign Markovic on a full basis, but Klopp wants him back at Liverpool
- 05 Feb 12:00 LA LIGA / REAL BETIS BALÓN PIE: Damiao the new player
- 05 Feb 11:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Zaza's agent: "He definitely doesn't want to leave"
- 05 Feb 11:31 Atletico Madrid - Three players targeted by Chinese clubs
- 05 Feb 11:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, From Spain: duel to Barça on Marquinhos
- 05 Feb 11:22 Valencia - Rafa Benitez set to oust Gary Neville
- 05 Feb 11:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Fulham sign Rohan Ince
- 05 Feb 11:14 Arsenal - Tomas Rosicky ruled out for further 12 weeks
- 05 Feb 11:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, In touch with Ajax for Bazoer
- 05 Feb 10:59 Manchester United - Mourinho confident of Job
- 05 Feb 10:48 Arsenal - Wenger’s pre-Bournemouth press conference in short.
- 05 Feb 10:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Brighton sign Skalak and Ayunga. Elvis Manu loaned out
- 05 Feb 10:40 Chelsea – Diego Costa is target for Atletico Madrid
- 05 Feb 10:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bristol City sign O'Donnell from Wigan on a full basis
- 05 Feb 10:29 Shakhtar Donetsk - Alex Teixeira signed for Chinese club Jiangsu Suning
- 05 Feb 10:22 Daniel Sturridge ready to quit Liverpool
- 05 Feb 10:16 Manchester United bid £145m for Neymar
- 05 Feb 10:15 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Red Star Belgrade sign 3 players
- 05 Feb 10:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, From Chile: Vidal possibly Juventus back
- 05 Feb 10:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW / PREMIER LEAGUE: Manchester United: Mourinho Says OK to UNITED
- 05 Feb 09:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, U.S. American youngster Joshua Perez joins in
- 05 Feb 09:40 EXCLUSIVE TMW / LA LIGA / ATLÉTICO MADRID: Vidal to Atlético
- 05 Feb 09:30 FRANCE/ O.M., 8 million euros ready for hiring Cabella back from Newcastle
- 05 Feb 09:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Willing to sign Mammana as Romagnoli's future partner
- 05 Feb 09:00 RUSSIA/ CSKA MOSCOW, Okotie's agent reveals talks
- 05 Feb 08:45 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Back for Agüero if FIFA allow offers
- 05 Feb 08:30 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Negotiation for Sven Bender's renewal started
- 05 Feb 08:15 SPAIN/ DEPORTIVO, Mosquera in talks for long-term renewal
- 05 Feb 08:00 FRANCE/ OGC NICE, Pied discloses he's willing to renew
- 05 Feb 07:45 UKRAINE/ SHAKHTAR, First Chinese offer for Alex Teixeira refused
- 05 Feb 07:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Suggestion for Candreva
- 05 Feb 07:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Betis sign Damião
- 05 Feb 07:00 JUVENTUS, Long-term injury for Caceres: surgery today
- 05 Feb 00:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Offer to City for Kolarov if Evra doesn't renew
- 04 Feb 23:45 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Young Boys yield Afum to Neuchatel Xamax
- 04 Feb 23:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Estigarribia resigns from Atalanta and joins Deportivo Maldonado back
The signing of Leandro Damiao by Betis has become the classic saga of summer, but in February. And incredibly, it has resolved as positively as unexpected. Brazil is the third bética incorporation during the winter and for the next six months.
As reported on Juventus official site, 28 years old Uruguayan defensive all-rounder underwent a series of tests to ascertain the full extent of h
The Daily Express reports that former Chelsea and Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez set to oust Gary Neville at Valencia. The former pundit turned manager N
A bizzare stat has shown that Tottenham would in fact be better off if striker Harry Kane hadn't scored a goal at either end of the pitch thi
Girondins Bordeaux has announced the signing of Uruguayan Mauro Arambarri and Brazilian Malcom.
Pep Guardiola believes the announcement of his move to Manchester City in the summer will not affect him or Bayern Munich this season.