INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 13.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No hurry about Kovacic and Icardi's renewal"
- 28 Sep 06:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Totti here for a long time"
- 27 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "I will end my career at Belgrano"
- 26 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "This is a great place to play football"
- 25 Sep 18:22 INTER, Erick Thohir meets Barbara Berlusconi
- 25 Sep 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Inter? Could be"
- 24 Sep 11:28 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Torres had a good match. He hadn’t played 90 minutes for a long time"
- 22 Sep 07:59 JUVENTUS, Pereyra: "Good performance, but I need to improve defensively"
- 22 Sep 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 21 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Inter have done well on the transfar market"
- 19 Sep 17:00 EUROPA LEAGUE Day After - NAPOLI, Mertens after the double score: "A crucial night both for the team and me"
- 18 Sep 10:44 As ROMA , Gervinho about Champions: "We can go a long way"
- 18 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "My new contract? Not yet"
- 17 Sep 13:41 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello
- 17 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "Soon a meeting for my new contract"
- 16 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual: "Many clubs after me"
- 15 Sep 08:17 AC MILAN, Menez: "Scoring goals is pleasing, this side deserves more"
- 12 Sep 18:14 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Focused on Empoli, not thinking about Champions"
- 12 Sep 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I am happy to be here at Milanello"
- 12 Sep 00:00 VERONA, Sorensen: "I would like to remain"
- 11 Sep 18:15 AC MILAN, Jack Bonaventura introduces himself: "Excited about being here, I got a warm welcome. I'm in good shape"
- 11 Sep 15:58 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "The last day of the transfer market was surreal"
- 11 Sep 00:00 INTER, Guarin: "I have remained, now it's up to me"
- 10 Sep 18:30 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez : "We are working well with Inzaghi"
- 09 Sep 18:45 AS ROMA, Iturbe: "Garcia decisive for my arrival"
- 09 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Too early to join Colo Colo"
- 08 Sep 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Nothing going on with Rabiot"
- 06 Sep 01:00 JUVENTUS, Barzagli says that they cannot compete financially with the continent's top teams
- 05 Sep 14:31 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "I feel good, but the bone needs time to heal"
- 04 Sep 14:59 AC MILAN, Torres' first press conference as a Rossoneri player: "I want to be part of this club's history"
- 02 Sep 15:01 AS ROMA, Balzaretti about the injury: "I feel bad for my team-mates, I feel guilty"
- 30 Aug 01:23 AC MILAN, Abate: "We must win back our fans with desire and humility"
- 29 Aug 19:48 AS ROMA, Garcia: "My players are hungry for success"
- 29 Aug 10:59 INTER, Icardi: "We started strong, that's what the gaffer wanted"
- 29 Aug 10:36 INTER, Kovacic: "I'll play wherever the coach wants me"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 27 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Van Ginkel may join us"
- 26 Aug 17:14 JUVENTUS, Romulo: "I’m excited by the challenge of playing Champions"
- 26 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Paratici: "No contacts between Sevilla and Ogbonna"
- 25 Aug 17:30 INTER, Medel: "I want to show what I can do"
- 25 Aug 00:00 ROMA, Destro's agent: "Milan could make a step soon"
- 24 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The market? If the team can be improved..."
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 04 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "We are keeping our word"
- 03 Aug 09:00 INTER, Schelotto's agent: "Southampton? We'll see,,"
- 02 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 02:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Also Real after him"
- 29 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? It's up to him"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 10:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 02:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 02:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 19:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 12:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 08:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 02:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 08:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 19:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 02 Oct 14:54 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Kompany defends Yaya Toure
- 02 Oct 14:31 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Podolski: "I can change the team"
- 02 Oct 14:19 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Copenhagen: Christian Poulsen back home
- 02 Oct 13:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Gerrard accused his side of being "soft all over the pitch"
- 02 Oct 13:30 ITALY/ CHIEVO, Paloschi: "Milan regrets? No, Chievo believe in me"
- 02 Oct 13:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, United could move for Cuadrado
- 02 Oct 13:00 TURKEY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Galatasaray: thinking about Karpin
- 02 Oct 12:44 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Pochettino admits he has no idea when Walker will return
- 02 Oct 12:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Man Utd: Ji-sung Park returns to Old Trafford
- 02 Oct 12:13 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Lead the race to sign Cavani
- 02 Oct 12:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Sturridge is set to sign a new incentivised dea
- 02 Oct 11:44 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Terry admits he cried over Chelsea not winning
- 02 Oct 11:30 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Balotelli in shock snub to Rodgers
- 02 Oct 11:20 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Dzemaili: "If you let Arsenal play like this you get a lot of goals"
- 02 Oct 10:15 ITALY/ ROMA, Konoplyanka: meeting with the father
- 02 Oct 09:53 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Welbeck's on the ball with first hat-trick
- 02 Oct 08:00 ITALY/ VERONA, Susic farther
- 02 Oct 07:40 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Interest for Zaza confirmed
- 02 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Sammer to renew
- 02 Oct 06:57 PSG, Pastore: "Proud to be part of this club"
- 02 Oct 06:39 LEVERKUSEN, Leno: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 02 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "This will be my last season here"
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 22:59 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Still keen on Callejon
- 01 Oct 22:20 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, St. Johnstone sign Mc Fadden
- 01 Oct 22:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Keen on Salvio
- 01 Oct 21:37 ENGLAND/ QPR, Taarabt back to Italy
- 01 Oct 20:59 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Caen sign Yahia
- 01 Oct 20:39 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Also Atletico after Mata
- 01 Oct 20:20 SAUDI ARABIA/ OFFICIAL, Al Shabab sign Park
- 01 Oct 20:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Ze Paulo join Atletico PA
- 01 Oct 19:37 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Kodro is Sarajevo new coach
- 01 Oct 19:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Burke
- 01 Oct 18:59 INDIA/ OFFICIAL, Pune sign Katsouranis
- 01 Oct 18:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Two youngsters renew with City
- 01 Oct 18:20 TURKEY/ KONYASPOR, Interest for Jara
- 01 Oct 18:00 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Two players renew with Spartak
- 01 Oct 12:01 ARSENAL, 18 years since the boss took over
- 01 Oct 11:44 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, If Pardew leaves there is Moyes
- 01 Oct 11:32 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Cole: "Was soo good to see Lamps last nigh"
- 01 Oct 11:19 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Kompany: "We can't afford another Champions slip-up"
- 01 Oct 10:59 ITALY/ INTER, Scout observing Schär and Borini
- 01 Oct 10:44 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Cuadrado buy-out clause about 35 millions
- 01 Oct 10:25 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04,Huntelaar: "We were lacking a bit in attack"
- 01 Oct 09:53 ITALY/ INTER, Rolando bis in January
- 01 Oct 08:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Vazquez likely to join
- 01 Oct 07:40 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Back for Cigarini
- 01 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, van der Vaart is back
- 01 Oct 06:57 PSG, Blanc: "Disturbed by certain rumors"
- 01 Oct 06:39 BORUSSIA D., Hummels: "I am not tempted by United"
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino admits he has no idea when England full-back Kyle Walker, 24, will return from an abdominal problem.
“At the moment it is impossible to give you the date. It is a good recovery at the moment. We are happy, but it’s impossible to p
Inter Milan 21-year-old forward Mauro Icardi has declared: "I don't know anything about my contract, it's my agent only that takes care o
Interviewed by RMC, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has declared: "Messi at PSG? I have talked to him, he is happy with us. We would be
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has declared: "I respect the choices made by some players, I am especially talking about Micah Richards, who
The day after the game won against Barcelona, PSG attacking midfielder Javier Pastore has declared: "I am very happy about what happened last nig
Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno has declared: "I am happy here, and my contract will expire in 2018. This is a great club, an I want to re