INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 13.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 24 Oct 19:31 JUVENTUS, Asamoah eager for return to winning ways
- 24 Oct 00:00 PARMA, De Ceglie's agent: "Here on permanent basis? We'll see"
- 23 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He is happy in Naples"
- 22 Oct 00:00 INTER, Obi's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 21 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Nainggolan: "My future? I evaluate year by year"
- 20 Oct 13:45 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I left the pitch angrily because I knew I could have played better"
- 20 Oct 00:00 SASSUOLO, Zaza: "I know that Juve are observing me"
- 19 Oct 06:00 ROMA, Paredes: "Here for a long time"
- 18 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 17 Oct 16:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal won’t be in the squad because he played two 90-minute matches for Chile"
- 17 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will remain for a long time"
- 16 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "No news about his new contract"
- 15 Oct 18:05 AC MILAN, Essien: "I am often in touch with Mourinho"
- 15 Oct 14:59 INTER, Ausilio: "We've analysed the problems without shame or fear"
- 14 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Rabiot? We admire the skilled players"
- 13 Oct 18:22 AC MILAN, Saponara: "It was a bad injury and it scared me a lot"
- 13 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I don't want to leave"
- 12 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Keita: "I came here to win"
- 11 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 10 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He wants to stay for 10 more years"
- 08 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "Remaining was his decision"
- 07 Oct 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mazzarri is confirmed. We will reinforce our team"
- 06 Oct 10:32 INTER, Mazzarri: "Little to be said, we'll solve our problems"
- 06 Oct 09:25 INTER, Ausilio: "This isn't the real Inter. We'll come through this together"
- 06 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Cuadrado: "The new contract? Ask my agent"
- 05 Oct 00:00 MILAN, Abbiati: "I won't retire at the end of the season"
- 04 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "At the monent he is happy in Naples"
- 03 Oct 00:00 UDINESE, Heurtaux: "I am happy here"
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No hurry about Kovacic and Icardi's renewal"
- 28 Sep 06:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Totti here for a long time"
- 27 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "I will end my career at Belgrano"
- 26 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "This is a great place to play football"
- 25 Sep 18:22 INTER, Erick Thohir meets Barbara Berlusconi
- 25 Sep 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Inter? Could be"
- 24 Sep 11:28 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Torres had a good match. He hadn’t played 90 minutes for a long time"
- 22 Sep 07:59 JUVENTUS, Pereyra: "Good performance, but I need to improve defensively"
- 22 Sep 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 21 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Inter have done well on the transfar market"
- 19 Sep 17:00 EUROPA LEAGUE Day After - NAPOLI, Mertens after the double score: "A crucial night both for the team and me"
- 18 Sep 10:44 As ROMA , Gervinho about Champions: "We can go a long way"
- 18 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "My new contract? Not yet"
- 17 Sep 13:41 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello
- 17 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "Soon a meeting for my new contract"
- 16 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual: "Many clubs after me"
- 15 Sep 08:17 AC MILAN, Menez: "Scoring goals is pleasing, this side deserves more"
- 12 Sep 18:14 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Focused on Empoli, not thinking about Champions"
- 12 Sep 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I am happy to be here at Milanello"
- 12 Sep 00:00 VERONA, Sorensen: "I would like to remain"
- 11 Sep 18:15 AC MILAN, Jack Bonaventura introduces himself: "Excited about being here, I got a warm welcome. I'm in good shape"
- 11 Sep 15:58 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "The last day of the transfer market was surreal"
- 11 Sep 00:00 INTER, Guarin: "I have remained, now it's up to me"
- 10 Sep 18:30 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez : "We are working well with Inzaghi"
- 09 Sep 18:45 AS ROMA, Iturbe: "Garcia decisive for my arrival"
- 09 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Too early to join Colo Colo"
- 08 Sep 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Nothing going on with Rabiot"
- 06 Sep 01:00 JUVENTUS, Barzagli says that they cannot compete financially with the continent's top teams
- 05 Sep 14:31 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "I feel good, but the bone needs time to heal"
- 04 Sep 14:59 AC MILAN, Torres' first press conference as a Rossoneri player: "I want to be part of this club's history"
- 02 Sep 15:01 AS ROMA, Balzaretti about the injury: "I feel bad for my team-mates, I feel guilty"
- 30 Aug 01:23 AC MILAN, Abate: "We must win back our fans with desire and humility"
- 29 Aug 19:48 AS ROMA, Garcia: "My players are hungry for success"
- 29 Aug 10:59 INTER, Icardi: "We started strong, that's what the gaffer wanted"
- 29 Aug 10:36 INTER, Kovacic: "I'll play wherever the coach wants me"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 27 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Van Ginkel may join us"
- 26 Aug 17:14 JUVENTUS, Romulo: "I’m excited by the challenge of playing Champions"
- 26 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Paratici: "No contacts between Sevilla and Ogbonna"
- 25 Aug 17:30 INTER, Medel: "I want to show what I can do"
- 25 Aug 00:00 ROMA, Destro's agent: "Milan could make a step soon"
- 24 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The market? If the team can be improved..."
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 26 Oct 00:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Hard January attempt for Marchisio
- 25 Oct 23:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Survey on Lucas Lima
- 25 Oct 22:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, 2 Serie A suitors for Pol Garcia Tena
- 25 Oct 21:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Now Rabiot might renew for PSG
- 25 Oct 20:30 ENGLAND/ QPR, Approaching Cristoforo
- 25 Oct 19:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Hart's renewal on arrival
- 25 Oct 18:30 LE HAVRE & LINENSE, Duel for Adriano
- 25 Oct 17:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Duel to Bayern for Gonçalo Guedes
- 25 Oct 16:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Werder Bremen fire Dutt
- 25 Oct 15:30 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, An Italian suitor for Geuvanio
- 25 Oct 14:30 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Pomini might renew
- 25 Oct 13:30 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Mario Suarez willing to stay
- 25 Oct 12:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, A Dutch suitor for Januzaj's loan
- 25 Oct 11:30 ITALY/ INTER, Bakkali on target
- 25 Oct 10:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, 5 Million euros needed for Everton Ribeiro
- 24 Oct 21:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Rodgers wants Neto in January
- 24 Oct 20:45 FRANCE/ PSG, Pastore: "I never thought I should have left"
- 24 Oct 20:30 SUNDERLAND v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Walcott is not ready"
- 24 Oct 20:15 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Suggestion for Denisov
- 24 Oct 20:00 ENGLAND, Ferdinand: "I'm not fearful of retirement"
- 24 Oct 19:42 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Crystal Palace: Chambers on loan to Welling
- 24 Oct 19:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal sign 2 youngsters on pro contract
- 24 Oct 19:31 JUVENTUS, Asamoah eager for return to winning ways
- 24 Oct 19:20 GERMANY/ WOLSFBURG, Allofs: "We want to hold Rodriguez"
- 24 Oct 19:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Victor Valdes starts training with Manchester United
- 24 Oct 18:37 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Sammer will pen new deal soon
- 24 Oct 18:17 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, 3 Serie A suitors for Borini
- 24 Oct 17:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Survey on Süle
- 24 Oct 17:48 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "Renewal? No news, but I'd like to close my career here"
- 24 Oct 17:39 ARSENAL & CITY, Keen on Bellarabi
- 24 Oct 17:20 RUSSIA/ LOKOMOTIV, Willing to sign Modeste
- 24 Oct 17:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Helenius unwilling to join back
- 24 Oct 16:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Kranevitter on target
- 24 Oct 15:57 ITALY/ GENOA, Approaching Gil
- 24 Oct 15:27 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Closing on Caceres' renewal
- 24 Oct 14:59 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Pasqual on target
- 24 Oct 14:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Pogba signs long-term renewal with Juventus
- 24 Oct 14:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "CL victory helped increasing confidence, but we must reshuffle our defence"
- 24 Oct 13:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Keen on Marlon
- 24 Oct 12:00 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT: Liga, Premier, Serie A and Bundes suitors for Zambrano
- 24 Oct 11:30 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Magnanelli's renewal on arrival
- 24 Oct 10:57 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Tracking Abate: a target hard to get
- 24 Oct 10:27 GERMANY/ FREIBURG, Eyes on Mukhtar
- 24 Oct 09:59 ITALY/ PALERMO, Edgar Barreto available for a renewal
- 24 Oct 09:29 GERMANY/ WERDER, Eyes on Bezjak
- 24 Oct 09:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Suso farther
- 24 Oct 08:30 INDIA/ CHENNAI, Auction for Mendoza
- 24 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ INTER, M'Vila injured
- 24 Oct 07:27 SAINT-ETIENNE, Caiazzo: "Galtier's future? We'll see"
- 24 Oct 06:59 BORUSSIA, Klopp: "I won't leave"
According to latest rumours coming from UK off-the-record sources, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is getting more and more determined to try signing Italian international midfielder Claudio Marchisio (28) in January. Icon and vice-captain for Juventus, Il Principino is howe
Kwadwo Asamoah says the Bianconeri are itching to get back to winning ways starting with Sunday’s visit of Palermo to Juventus Stadium.
Cristiano Ronaldo is in no hurry to overtake Raul's European goalscoring record as he knows he'll "beat his record today or another game&
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger talked about infirmary and suspension situation before the away match against Sunderland, scheduled for tomorrow:
PSG defender Thiago Silva has declared: "My injury is my fault: I have told the coach that I was ready to play. Now my leg is better, not my mind
Arjen Robben said a tactical tweak was key to FC Bayern München's emphatic victory at AS Roma.
"Afterwards it's always easy to ta