INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 13.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 04 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "We are keeping our word"
- 03 Aug 09:00 INTER, Schelotto's agent: "Southampton? We'll see,,"
- 02 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 02:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Also Real after him"
- 29 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? It's up to him"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 10:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 02:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 02:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 19:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 12:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 08:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 02:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 08:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 19:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 14 Jul 08:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honored by United's interest"
- 13 Jul 08:00 FIORENTINA, Valero: "I am not leaving"
- 12 Jul 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "He could still join Milan"
- 11 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Vrsaljko won't join. Cerci.. who knows"
- 10 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Iturbe? We'll see.."
- 09 Jul 02:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "Klose is not for sale"
- 08 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Pradè: "No official offers for Cuadrado"
- 07 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "Don't know anything about Barcelona"
- 04 Jul 02:00 GENOA. Vrsaljko's agent: "No news about his future"
- 03 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He is happy here"
- 02 Jul 10:50 JUVENTUS, Barzagli undergoes surgery in Finland
- 01 Jul 02:00 INTER, Taider: "I will stay"
- 30 Jun 18:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 30 Jun 15:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi about FIGC: "The hour has come for change"
- 28 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "Fiorentina agreable destination"
- 26 Jun 02:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic's agent: "Don't know anything about Lazio"
- 25 Jun 19:00 AC MILAN, Balotelli has hit back at his critics
- 25 Jun 02:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "He is about to join Chievo"
- 24 Jun 02:00 LAZIO, Perea's agent: "He's going nowhere"
- 23 Jun 02:00 MILAN, B. Berlusconi: "Balotelli is not irreplaceable"
- 22 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Bernardeschi: "Udinese and Cagliari agreable destinations"
- 21 Jun 02:00 INTER, Krhin's agent: "Happy to be back"
- 20 Jun 08:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "Italian and foreign clubs after him"
- 19 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We still don't know if he will stay"
- 18 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Radosevic's agent: "He's looking for a team where he can play"
- 17 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema's agent: "No agreement for the new contract"
- 17 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He's like to to end his career in Naples"
- 16 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, Benitez: "We are not seeking defenders or goalkeepers"
- 14 Jun 02:00 INTER, Rolando: "I would like to remain, but..."
- 13 Jun 18:15 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi: "Our aim is to get qualified to Champions League"
- 13 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Cristante's agent: "Benfica after him, but he's not for sale"
- 12 Jun 02:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "Besiktas is an option"
- 11 Jun 02:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "Monaco are not after him"
- 10 Jun 02:00 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella's agent: "Galatasaray? Too early"
- 09 Jun 18:26 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Inzaghi " I thank President Berlusconi and all the club for the faith"
- 09 Jun 02:00 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I would like to stay"
- 08 Jun 08:00 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "I would like to stay"
- 07 Jun 02:00 INTER, Silvestre's agent: "No contacts with Besiktas"
- 06 Jun 08:00 INTER, Andreolli's agent: "He will definitely stay"
- 05 Jun 02:00 INTER, Rolando's agent: "His future? First we must talk with Porto"
- 04 Jun 20:31 AC MILAN, Marcello Montolivo: "President has been supportive"
- 04 Jun 18:13 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW- Inter: also Monaco interested in Bardi
- 04 Jun 02:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Gonalons? I don't talk with Aulas"
- 03 Jun 02:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "The new contract? After the World Cup"
- 02 Jun 02:00 JUVENTUS, Quagliarella: "Fiorentina? It's an option"
- 01 Jun 08:00 TORINO, Immobile: "I am joining Borussia"
- 31 May 02:00 INTER, Samuel: "I don't know where I'll go"
- 30 May 02:00 NAPOLI, Reina: "I can't think about my future"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 23:37 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Also Lestienne on the wishlist
- 21 Aug 23:17 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Fideleff joins Ergotelis
- 21 Aug 22:59 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Thiam
- 21 Aug 22:39 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Idea Boruc
- 21 Aug 22:20 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Interest for Hernandez
- 21 Aug 22:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Interest for Capel
- 21 Aug 21:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Vargas joins QPR
- 21 Aug 21:17 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Jose Angel renews with Elche
- 21 Aug 20:59 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Lazio sign Gentiletti
- 21 Aug 20:39 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Samaris about to join
- 21 Aug 20:20 ITALY/ ROMA, Back for Santon
- 21 Aug 20:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Alef joins OM
- 21 Aug 19:45 ITALY/ PALERMO, Bamba likely to join
- 21 Aug 19:30 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Amkar sign Shavaev
- 21 Aug 19:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Mission for Rabiot
- 21 Aug 18:53 ENGLAND/ BURNLEY, A host of clubs are weighing up a move for McGugan
- 21 Aug 18:40 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Eye on Lenglet
- 21 Aug 18:29 FRANCE/ MONACO, Wallace is closer
- 21 Aug 18:18 ENGLAND/ WBA, Irvine confirms Georgios Samaras is among group
- 21 Aug 18:05 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Nolito joins Celta Vigo
- 21 Aug 16:31 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, To agree £16m fee for Balotelli
- 21 Aug 16:14 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Close the arrival of Anderson from United
- 21 Aug 16:00 ITALY/ ROMA, Chiriches to replace Benatia
- 21 Aug 15:43 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Parma, Amauri's agent: "His future is here"
- 21 Aug 15:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Palermo: Bacinovic leaves
- 21 Aug 15:14 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Alves: "I've a deal until 2016 and I'm happy here"
- 21 Aug 14:59 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Espanyol: Sergio Garcia has extended
- 21 Aug 14:43 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Di Maria asked to leave"
- 21 Aug 13:48 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Survey on Lucas Silva
- 21 Aug 13:36 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Suggestion for Lestienne
- 21 Aug 13:24 GERMANY/ FREIBURG, Approaching Emeghara
- 21 Aug 13:12 ARSENAL, Chambers: "I'm working my way here, thanks to everyone's help"
- 21 Aug 13:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Ziegler about to resign
- 21 Aug 12:48 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Assault on United for Anderson is ready
- 21 Aug 12:36 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Relevant steps forward towards Benatia
- 21 Aug 12:24 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, 2 Premier League suitors for Bas Dost
- 21 Aug 12:12 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Cetout joins Nancy
- 21 Aug 12:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, A pursuer for Rossoneri veteran Bonera
- 21 Aug 11:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, An Argentinian suitor for Gonzalo Rodriguez
- 21 Aug 11:30 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Brahimi: "I'm happy here, but I dream of PSG"
- 21 Aug 11:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, From UK: agreement with PSG for signing Rabiot is sealed
- 21 Aug 11:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juventus, scouts in Liege for Kawashima
- 21 Aug 10:45 FRANCE/ O.L., Umtiti might leave
- 21 Aug 10:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Destro is the new name on tabs
- 21 Aug 10:21 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, in talks to sign AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli
- 21 Aug 10:15 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Welliton leaves Spartak Moscow for Turkish destination
- 21 Aug 10:00 TURKEY/ AKHISAR BELEDIYESPOR, Zokora about to be announced
- 21 Aug 09:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Rafa Silva renews with Braga
- 21 Aug 09:15 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Uvini injured
Interviewed by France Football, Mino Raiola, agent of Juventus 21-year-old midfielder Paul Pogba, has declared about the possibility for his client to extend his deal with the bianconeri: "We have no meeting scheduled and there have been no negotiations. The last 10 days of
Interviewed by France Football, Mino Raiola, agent of Juventus 21-year-old midfielder Paul Pogba, has declared about the possibility for his client to
Luka Modric spoke of his satisfaction after renewing with Real Madrid. “I’m very happy, today is an important day for me. I’d like t
Interviewed after the troubled 0-0 draw obtained in Istanbul against Besiktas, Arsenal newcomer Calum Chambers commented: "I've been working
Interviewed by ESPN, PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has declared about the possibility to end his career at the French club: "I have a contract u
Interviewed by Bild, Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared about the possibility to sign AS Roma defender Mehdi Benatia: "It would be gr