INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 11.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 22 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Isla: "I don't know if I will remain"
- 21 May 15:14 AS ROMA, Statement against racism
- 21 May 00:00 INTER, Moratti: "Nobody knows what I have in mind"
- 20 May 16:00 TMW - GENOA, Preziosi: "Cassano joining us? No way, it's fantasy football"
- 20 May 09:01 INTER, Nagatomo: "My knee? I chose not to have an operation because..."
- 20 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Abbiati: "I have extended my contract"
- 19 May 06:00 JUVENTUS, Conte: "The transfer market? The club will make its evaluations"
- 18 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He won't leave"
- 17 May 20:20 INTER, Successful surgery for Cassano
- 17 May 17:31 AC MILAN, Tassotti: "Montolivo was back training today and we hope heíll be okay for tomorrow"
- 17 May 00:00 INTER, Stramaccioni: "Moratti has been clear about my future"
- 16 May 16:30 JUVENTUS, Bonucci predicts bright future
- 16 May 10:14 ITALY/ INTER, Chivu: "I never considered a lawsuit againt the medical staff"
- 16 May 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Mazzarri must make a decision"
- 15 May 00:00 INTER, Moratti: "Handanovic and Guarin will stay. Stramaccioni? We'll see.."
- 14 May 19:20 CATANIA, Bonanno: "AC Milan made an offer for Lodi"
- 14 May 17:10 PALERMO, Miccichť: "Ilicic won't follow us to Serie B"
- 14 May 11:00 JUVENTUS,Chiellini targets further improvement
- 14 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Cerci? He could be useful to us"
- 13 May 16:10 INTER, Branca: "Negredo is a great player"
- 13 May 15:00 AC MILAN, Abate: "Galliani announced Zenit offer and asked me to stay"
- 13 May 14:49 AC MILAN, Gallini: "Enough of these racist chants"
- 13 May 00:00 INTER, Stramaccioni: "Many suitors for Guarin, but we want to keep him"
- 12 May 06:00 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "No contacts with City"
- 11 May 00:00 PALERMO, Ilicic's agent: "Milan interested? I wouldn't be surprised"
- 10 May 16:15 AC MILAN, Abate: "We needed some time after so many changes to the squad"
- 10 May 15:44 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "My friendship with Balotelli? It happened immediately"
- 10 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Muntari: "I hope that Allegri will stay"
- 09 May 10:20 INTER, Moratti: "Careful balance needed for the future"
- 09 May 10:00 INTER, Juan Jesus: "We tried everything"
- 09 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Mazzarri: "My future? I have to evaluate many things"
- 08 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "Jovetic? We will talk in ten days"
- 07 May 13:43 INTER, Stramaccioni: "If someone wasn't motivated enough, he'd sit out"
- 07 May 11:22 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Eyes on Wanyama
- 07 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Abbiati is about to extend"
- 06 May 18:50 UDINESE, Pozzo: "No negotiations for Benatia"
- 06 May 17:20 UDINESE, Pozzo: "20 million euros won't be enough for Muriel"
- 06 May 10:10 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Iíve really enjoyed this particular Scudetto triumph"
- 06 May 09:46 INTER, Guarin: "We all need to give a bit more at the moment"
- 06 May 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We have been winning right from the start"
- 06 May 07:49 INTER, Ranocchia: " I wanted to be out there to help the team"
- 06 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "No contacts for Ibrahimovic"
- 05 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marchisio: "I want to end my career here"
- 04 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili turns out transfer rumours
- 03 May 14:51 AS ROMA, Andreazzoli: "I know Fiorentinaís quality and I really like them as a team
- 03 May 09:45 JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "In 2014 I'll stop with the national team"
- 03 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Nocerino's agent turns out transfer rumours
- 02 May 17:00 INTER, Stramaccioni about Zanetti: "Now Iím the one waiting on him"
- 02 May 10:02 INTER, Zanetti: "Iím fine. The operation has been completed"
- 02 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev: "I hope that Mazzarri and Cavani will stay"
- 22 May 18:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Pinola extends with Nuremberg
- 22 May 17:37 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Carlton Cole will leave
- 22 May 17:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Deulofeu has refused Borussia offer
- 22 May 16:59 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Agazzi will be the next goalkeeper
- 22 May 16:39 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Lukuhay extends with Hertha
- 22 May 16:20 FRANCE/ MONACO, Offer for Boateng ready
- 22 May 16:00 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Eyes on Kadlec
- 22 May 07:00 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Motherwell sign Lawson
- 22 May 06:45 LILLE, Chedjou: "I will leave, but.."
- 22 May 06:30 SCHALKE, Heldt: "We are interested in Santana, but we must wait"
- 22 May 06:15 CHELSEA, Torres: "Mourinho? One of the best managers in the world!"
- 22 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "It would be great if Neymar would join us"
- 22 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Isla: "I don't know if I will remain"
- 21 May 23:37 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Three-year deal for Seedorf ready
- 21 May 23:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Pulis quits Stoke City
- 21 May 22:59 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Keen on Hatemaj
- 21 May 22:39 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Sprint for Isco and Lewandowski
- 21 May 22:20 ITALY/ TORINO, Ventura should remain
- 21 May 22:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Idea Luis Enrique
- 21 May 21:37 FRANCE/ OM, Interest for Armand
- 21 May 21:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Bonera could stay
- 21 May 20:59 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Also PSG after Diego Alves
- 21 May 20:39 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Eyes on Feghouli
- 21 May 20:20 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Bouazza quits Racing
- 21 May 20:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Consigli
- 21 May 19:42 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, De Boer extends with Ajax
- 21 May 19:29 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Back for Iborra
- 21 May 19:16 FRANCE/ OM, Eyes on Mavuba
- 21 May 19:02 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Cavani is waiting for Real
- 21 May 18:46 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, West Ham sign Rat
- 21 May 18:33 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Offer for Benatia ready
- 21 May 18:15 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Also Napoli after Gomez
- 21 May 18:02 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Braga sign Edinho
- 21 May 18:02 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Amauri extends with Parma
- 21 May 17:46 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Moutinho: "I want to stay with Dragoes"
- 21 May 17:33 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY, Tony Pulis set to leave
- 21 May 17:16 FRANCE/ LYON, Spurs observing Lisandro Lopez
- 21 May 17:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, PSG interested in Di Maria
- 21 May 16:47 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Gervinho observed by O.L.
- 21 May 16:31 ENGLAND/ FULHAM, All ready for the arrival of Derek Boateng
- 21 May 16:14 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montanier is the new coach of Rennes
- 21 May 16:00 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Milan: Galaxy and Chicago in Ambrosini future
- 21 May 15:44 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Galtier pens new deal with Saint-Etienne
- 21 May 15:29 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, The coach Montanier quits Real Sociedad
- 21 May 15:14 AS ROMA, Statement against racism
- 21 May 14:59 FRANCE/ MONACO, Super offer for Moutinho and James Rodriguez
- 21 May 14:35 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Sagna's agent: "No decision on his future"
- 21 May 13:43 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Back for Aguuero
- 21 May 13:36 FRANCE/ PSG, The new target is Witsel
- 21 May 13:27 FRANCE/ MONACO, N'Zogbia the next target
According to El Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona 19 year old forward Gerard Deulofeu has refused an important offer refused by Borussia Dortmund to remain in Catalonia.
Interviewed by ADN, Juventus full back Mauricio Isla has declared: "At Juve I have been penalized by some injuries. I don't know if I...
As reported by todomercadoweb.es, Barcelona star Leonel Messi has declared about the possible arrival of Santos 21 year old striker Neymar:...
Interviewed by the London Evening Standard, Chelsea 29 year old striker Fernando Torres has declared: "The chance to work with Mourinho is...
Interviewed by Reviersport, Borussia Dortmund General Manager Horst Heldt has declared about the possibility to sign Borussia Dortmund 27 year...
As reported by Sky Sports Uk, Lille 27 year old defender Aurelien Chedjou has declared: "Nothing is done with any club. Yes, I want to...