INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 12.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 24 Aug 20:44 JUVENTUS - Lemina: "I feel wanted here, both by the club and the coaching staff"
- 24 Aug 15:13 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign PRAET
- 24 Aug 12:30 AS ROMA - Spalletti about Champions League exit: "It's a hard result to take"
- 23 Aug 16:15 OFFICIAL - ATALANTA sign KONKO: "I owe everything to Gasperini"
- 23 Aug 15:36 AQUILANI about to resign from Sporting Lisbon. PESCARA ready to swoop in
- 23 Aug 10:33 INTER - No interesting offers for Brozovic, he will extend
- 22 Aug 20:15 OFFICIAL - Pescara sign BAHEBECK from PSG and MURIC from Ajax
- 22 Aug 19:16 TMW EXCLUSIVE - LAZAAR in talks with 2 Premier League and 1 Liga clubs
- 21 Aug 20:16 SERIE A - MILAN v TORINO 3-2 FT
- 21 Aug 18:59 TMW EXCLUSIVE - Sampdoria-Torino duel on TOMOVIC
- 21 Aug 16:10 Matchday 1 - MILAN v TORINO, official lineups: market top name BACCA's good to go
- 20 Aug 13:03 NAPOLI to extend Koulibaly's deal this week
- 19 Aug 21:00 JUVENTUS - The selected squad for FIORENTINA's game, Pjanic in
- 18 Aug 09:04 OFFICIAL - LAZIO sign FK Rostov defender Bastos
- 13 Aug 17:16 SASSUOLO to make ATALANTA star Gomez their main target
- 12 Aug 17:30 OFFICIAL - LAZIO sign LEITNER from Dortmund
- 12 Aug 17:15 ROMA to bid for TORINO star Bruno Peres after Champions League playoff
- 12 Aug 14:30 OFFICIAL - UDINESE core-player DANILO extends contract
- 12 Aug 11:16 SASSUOLO keen on Saponara
- 11 Aug 14:45 ROMA wants £13m for Leandro Paredes
- 11 Aug 13:47 LAZIO closing in on £3.5m move for Ntep
- 09 Aug 15:30 AS ROMA, Vermaelen: "We'll need to define which achievements we'll aim for"
- 09 Aug 13:44 GENOA - Edenilson joining today
- 08 Aug 13:43 LAZIO leapfrog Napoli in the race for Sturaro
- 08 Aug 13:05 INTER - Mancini's farewell, all the reasons
- 08 Aug 11:29 MILAN still keen on CHELSEA winger Cuadrado
- 08 Aug 10:14 BREAKING NEWS - CHIEVO launch late bid for Balotelli
- 07 Aug 14:34 SASSUOLO set to move for ATALANTA star Gomez
- 07 Aug 10:30 INTER ask to GENOA a pre-emption on Perin
- 06 Aug 19:22 OFFICIAL - HAMSIK extends for NAPOLI
- 06 Aug 16:07 MILAN want £21m from JUVENTUS for De Sciglio
- 06 Aug 15:21 JUVENTUS and MILAN set to battle for Favilli
- 06 Aug 13:21 ROMA on the verge of signing Vermaelen from BARCELONA
- 06 Aug 12:19 WEST HAM set to move for Lazaar
- 05 Aug 13:44 AS ROMA - Szczesny: "My message to fans is to keep believing"
- 04 Aug 11:16 AS ROMA - Szczesny arrived at Fiumicino airport (PHOTOS)
- 04 Aug 11:00 INTER need a playmaker: eye on Lucas Biglia
- 03 Aug 17:16 Nainggolan: "I know that Vermaalen is considering ROMA's offer"
- 03 Aug 12:44 AS ROMA - Nainggolan: "I chose to stay here and that won't change"
- 02 Aug 12:31 ROMA closing in on £3m move for Fazio
- 02 Aug 11:48 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "Happy about having extended"
- 01 Aug 15:32 INTER to offer £42m for Edinson Cavani
- 31 Jul 21:56 ROMA miss out on Mario Rui for at least 4 months
- 31 Jul 21:27 INTER MILAN lining up Oscar move
- 30 Jul 00:30 INTER - Frank de Boer might be the next manager
- 29 Jul 20:00 INTER - Thohir: "We've taken some big steps forward"
- 29 Jul 17:15 NAPOLI - De Laurentiis answers to Higuain: "lack of respect towards all Neapolitans"
- 29 Jul 15:22 LAZIO, Candreva: "I'm about to become an INTER player"
- 28 Jul 11:44 OFFICIAL - Gnahore back to SSC NAPOLI
- 27 Jul 21:04 INTER - Miranda: "I'm happy here and I like my contract"
- 27 Jul 19:20 INTER - Felipe Melo: "It was my intention to stay here because it's a dream come true"
- 27 Jul 10:47 JUVENTUS - Higuain: (VIDEO) "I'm happy here, I hope to win Champions"
- 27 Jul 02:00 INTER, Thohir: "We won't yield ICARDI. Mancini? He's our manager"
- 26 Jul 16:45 AS ROMA - Totti: "Players choose go somewhere to win more and earn more money"
- 21 Jul 21:15 Veron: "Inter-Estudiantes a special match for me. It will be exciting to find old friends"
- 21 Jul 18:30 INTER - Moratti: "Mancini, I don't exclude a contract renewal"
- 21 Jul 10:25 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "We can't accept Atletico offer for HIGUAIN. Juventus? That would be absurd"
- 20 Jul 13:44 NAPOLI - CHELSEA chasing Koulibaly
- 20 Jul 12:15 LAZIO - Jardel from Benfica, agreement for Lukaku
- 20 Jul 11:14 JUVENTUS, Asamoah: "Happy to stay"
- 20 Jul 11:07 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria sign Cigarini
- 19 Jul 22:54 JUVENTUS reject Calhanoglu
- 18 Jul 16:08 AC MILAN - SUSO might stay put
- 14 Jul 11:03 JUVENTUS reject West Ham loan offer
- 13 Jul 12:00 INTER - Eder could move to China
- 13 Jul 11:31 AC MILAN - Bacca will let West Ham know by Friday if he intends to join
- 12 Jul 11:58 NAPOLI - Two clubs want Gonzalo Higuain
- 11 Jul 18:18 INTER - Icardi not for sale
- 07 Jul 18:17 AS ROMA, Perotti: "A team like ours needs to be aiming for the Scudetto"
- 07 Jul 17:46 AS ROMA - Iturbe: "I can’t wait to get to know Spalletti"
- 07 Jul 15:46 AC MILAN - Montella: "The minimum goal is to get into Europe"
- 06 Jul 11:50 OFFICIAL - JUVE confirm MORATA departure
- 06 Jul 11:44 JUVENTUS - €20m (£17m) bid for Chelsea midfielder Matic
- 05 Jul 20:28 JUVENTUS - Zaza's agent: "Future? He wants to play more"
- 05 Jul 19:16 INTER - D’Ambrosio: "We want to make the fans proud"
- 04 Jul 16:38 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign GIAMPAOLO as new manager
- 28 Jun 12:51 JUVENTUS, Dani Alves introduces himself: "It was time to leave Barça. Bianconeri are THE icon of Italian football"
- 28 Jun 11:48 FC INTER - Thohir: "Proud of the strategic partnership formalised today with Suning"
- 22 Jun 18:51 OFFICIAL - Empoli buy Buchel back from JUVENTUS
- 21 Jun 16:54 OFFICIAL - AC MILAN: El Shaarawy has been permanently sold to AS ROMA
- 15 Jun 22:15 OFFICIAL - Palermo extend contract with Portuguese talent Embalo
- 15 Jun 20:45 LAZIO - Negotiation with Bielsa ongoing in Argentina
- 11 Jun 08:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Spartak Moscow in talks with Sampdoria for FERNANDO
- 10 Jun 10:54 JUVENTUS, Eye on Pellè
- 08 Jun 17:30 AS ROMA, Chelsea cleared of wrongdoing over the loan of Salah
- 08 Jun 17:16 LAZIO, Other troubles with Adriano: Barça will not let him leave for free
- 03 Jun 09:44 AC MILAN, Unai Emery gives green light: € 1.5 millions resignation to FC Seville
- 31 May 23:38 Italia, Bernardeschi's father: "Federico's convocation is a dream"
- 28 May 15:23 Milan, Berlusconi: "I'am dealing with Chinese e for this reason I study Chinese"
- 25 May 21:41 Inter, Zanetti: "Medel is important for us, it remains here"
- 23 May 22:15 Lazio, postive meeting with Prandelli
- 23 May 18:11 Napoli, the promise made by Higuain to Sarri: "I'll see you in Dimaro"
- 23 May 18:01 Inter, Moratti and Suning agreement: "Possible news soon"
- 23 May 17:57 Zanetti: "Simeone would coach Inter, but Mancini is a great coach"
- 23 May 17:45 Roma, Pallotta arrives in June. Totti and stadium on the agenda
- 23 May 17:06 Seria A, top 11 of Italian Championship according to UEFA
- 23 May 16:53 Inter, fixed Brozovic price: costs 25 mln euro
- 17 May 22:16 Milan, Bacca: "Saturday we have the opportunity to raise a new cup"
- 17 May 20:55 Fiorentina, Zarate: "I'am happy for my season in Florence"
- 17 May 20:10 Roma, Sabatini: Digne? "We will find an agreement with Paris Saint Germain"
Javier Manquillo is currently having a medical at the Academy of Light, Sunderland have just confirmed the deal on their official Twitter account.
Paul Bracewell, Moyes' assistant, has announced the 22-year-old will join the Black Cats in the next few hours.
With a starting berth and a promising opening to the campaign already under his belt after Saturday’s victory over Fiorentina, Mario Lemina has
Gareth Bale says he will never forget 2016, after the Wales international tasted both club and international success. The attacker helped Real to Cham
Interviewed by Sport Bild, German international midfielder/winger Bastian Schweinsteiger (32), asked about the chance for him to leave Red Devils, tho
Interviewed by France Football, French-Malian right-back Djibril Sidibé (24), who joined AS Monaco from Lille little less than a mont
Playing for Tottenham just since last season and currently on a deal with Spurs until June 2020, South Korean international winger/forward&n