INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 12.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 25 Oct 07:31 INTER MILAN, de Boer: "We need a win"
- 24 Oct 16:03 INTER MILAN to cash buy-back sum from Hellas for BESSA
- 23 Oct 10:35 INTER - New owners to appoint Blanc if De Boer is sacked
- 22 Oct 18:36 FIORENTINA back for SAPONARA
- 21 Oct 23:32 JUVENTUS scouting four 2000-born wonderkids
- 21 Oct 23:03 AC MILAN - Poli: "Proud of my 100 appearances with rossoneri"
- 21 Oct 20:43 JUVENTUS - Eyes on PSG 1999-born DIABY
- 20 Oct 17:43 EMPOLI willing to sign DIONISI from Frosinone in January
- 20 Oct 13:32 AC MILAN- Bonaventura: "I expected to find more chaos"
- 19 Oct 20:37 NAPOLI - Milik already working in the gym, he can recover for January
- 19 Oct 18:03 OFFICIAL - LAZIO sign PAROLO on new contract
- 19 Oct 16:36 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign PRADE as new executive
- 19 Oct 14:16 LAZIO target young French striker HALLER
- 18 Oct 20:08 GENOA might be back for AC Milan's ZAPATA in January
- 18 Oct 16:44 ATALANTA deny Lazio being interested in PALOSCHI
- 18 Oct 16:01 SAMPDORIA to name Daniele PRADE after city derby
- 18 Oct 07:57 TORINO, Mihajlovic: "We can beat anyone"
- 17 Oct 16:54 AC MILAN - Legendary N° 6 Franco BARESI to have a step forward in top brass
- 17 Oct 14:30 INTER - Icardi: today the club and De Boer will choose if dismiss him as a captain
- 17 Oct 13:02 JUVENTUS keen to keep Neto, he will be Buffon's heir
- 17 Oct 09:57 AC MILAN, Montella: "I can feel the air of Europe now"
- 17 Oct 09:03 INTER MILAN, Ausilio: "We will talk to Icardi before making a decision"
- 16 Oct 15:24 INTER MILAN, Zanetti: "We cannot accept this behaviour from Icardi"
- 16 Oct 09:31 TORINO - Top striker Belotti will have a € 60m buy-out clause
- 15 Oct 23:38 JUVENTUS, Benatia: "We've been clever tonight. We must always show we deserve this club, and this jersey"
- 15 Oct 21:43 JUVENTUS defeat Udinese and take Serie A over (again)
- 15 Oct 20:25 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "My son is much better. Now let's kill the league"
- 15 Oct 13:01 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "The important is that we have patience"
- 15 Oct 12:07 ROMA, Spalletti: "we must overcome individual errors"
- 14 Oct 19:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - GOLDANIGA between PALERMO new contract and SAMPDORIA courtship
- 14 Oct 18:31 BOLOGNA - Winter plan for signing PINILLA
- 14 Oct 15:13 LAZIO - Italian international PAROLO about to be signed on a new contract
- 14 Oct 14:07 BOLOGNA - OIKONOMOU might leave on loan in January
- 14 Oct 11:00 REAL MADRID - CR7: "INTER and JUVE wanted me in 2003, but I preferred MAN UNITED"
- 13 Oct 21:53 ATALANTA, challenging Palermo on Peruvian international TRAUCO
- 13 Oct 18:01 INTER MILAN, Santon after summer troubles: "I was reborn after De Boer joined us. Darmian? He'd be welcome"
- 13 Oct 14:44 AC MILAN - Ambrosini as Club Manager
- 13 Oct 10:59 INTER - Brozovic to join the squad back
- 13 Oct 10:24 MILAN - Abate is the new captain
- 12 Oct 20:54 AC MILAN, Montella: "Fabregas in not the right man to replace Montolivo"
- 12 Oct 20:06 JUVENTUS target Alex MERET as a possible heir for Buffon
- 12 Oct 18:24 NAPOLI might challenge INTER MILAN on ALARIO
- 12 Oct 16:53 NAPOLI scouting Leipzig's Yussuf POULSEN
- 12 Oct 15:26 JUVENTUS - Uruguayan talent BENTANCUR to join in January
- 12 Oct 14:42 SAMPDORIA send scouts for Hungarian international KADAR
- 11 Oct 15:44 AC MILAN, Pasalic's agent: "He's not regretting his choice at all. He's in epic shape"
- 11 Oct 15:12 LAZIO - Regaining plan to sign NETO from Juventus
- 11 Oct 13:16 JUVENTUS - Barcelona chiefs scout Juventus defender Lichtsteiner
- 11 Oct 12:59 JUVENTUS - Dybala: "I'd like to reach Higuain's level"
- 10 Oct 18:54 AC MILAN, Suso: "Leaving Liverpool and joining here was the right choice. No role models, but I've always liked Zidane"
- 10 Oct 15:23 AS ROMA - ITURBE more and more likely to leave in January
- 10 Oct 13:55 NAPOLI - Milik's surgery ok, now he will stop for 4-6 months
- 09 Oct 21:33 NAPOLI, Osvaldo's agent: "Pablo decided to leave football"
- 09 Oct 13:04 JUVENTUS - Pjanic: "Everything is easier with Higuain and Dybala"
- 09 Oct 12:31 MILAN - Raiola: "Donnarumma to stay put? The new Chinese owners will decide"
- 09 Oct 09:57 ROMA, Totti: "Real Madrid pushed at all costs for me"
- 09 Oct 09:29 TORINO, Hart: "The decision to leave City was the best one for me"
- 09 Oct 08:09 INTER, Icardi's wife: "Mauro was close to joining REAL MADRID"
- 08 Oct 16:17 INTER MILAN, Joao Mario: "I have to work and improve"
- 08 Oct 08:35 JUVE face defense emergency as Chiellini gets injured as well
- 07 Oct 22:37 Gabigol: "Happy for the first goal, I want to bring INTER to win trophies"
- 07 Oct 19:01 FIORENTINA, Tello: "I made the right choice, I'd have had a hard time at Barça. Staying here might be good for me"
- 06 Oct 17:01 AS ROMA - De Rossi set for 100-cap UEFA honour
- 06 Oct 15:16 JUVENTUS - Medical report on PJACA: no fibula fracture
- 06 Oct 14:32 OFFICIAL - MIRABELLI announced as next AC MILAN sports director
- 05 Oct 20:32 Donnarumma on his future: "I just think about MILAN, then we'll see"
- 05 Oct 14:46 LAZIO - Young Albanian goalie STRAKOSHA soon to sign new long-term contract
- 05 Oct 12:07 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I feel no existential crisis"
- 05 Oct 11:40 ROMA, Martina: "Dzeko gained confidence in Serie A"
- 05 Oct 08:17 LAZIO want to put a € 35m buy-out clause in De Vrij's new deal
- 05 Oct 07:49 AC MILAN, Paletta's agent: "He wants to stay put, he dreams of playing for Italy again"
- 04 Oct 21:06 OFFICIAL - INTER goalkeeper Radu extends until 2020
- 04 Oct 18:10 INTER MILAN. Biabiany's agent: "He's requested in Italy, France, England and China"
- 04 Oct 17:13 A new Italian suitor for JUAN VARGAS
- 04 Oct 15:59 UDINESE - Suggestion for JANKOVIC as a free agent
- 03 Oct 18:44 OFFICIAL - Gigi DELNERI back to UDINESE as manager
- 03 Oct 17:56 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Our chairman Agnelli is protecting Italian football as a whole. Allegri's doing a great job"
- 03 Oct 11:28 ROMA, Strootman: "These three points are very important"
- 03 Oct 10:40 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "Defeat not deserved, we were in control"
- 03 Oct 10:12 AC MILAN, Montella: "We need to play with a light touch"
- 02 Oct 11:10 Serie A/ EMPOLI v JUVENTUS, Official Line Ups
- 02 Oct 09:34 LAZIO - De Vrij: "Our best game: we want to go back to Europe"
- 01 Oct 22:22 NAPOLI - 3 new contracts on arrival
- 30 Sep 20:30 NAPOLI - A new suitor for STRINIC, but...
- 30 Sep 19:00 TORINO - 3 Serie A giants on sensation BARRECA. New long-term contract offered
- 30 Sep 15:30 LAZIO - Parolo to be soon signed on a new long-term contract
- 30 Sep 14:15 NAPOLI put maxi-release clause on HYSAJ's new contract
- 30 Sep 13:44 GENOA - Simeone Jr: "I want to become better than my dad, but I have to improve"
- 30 Sep 12:48 INTER - Joao Mario on the way to recover, he might be selected for ROMA
- 30 Sep 10:52 JUVENTUS - Dyabala deal to be extended
- 29 Sep 20:20 AC MILAN - Fassone flies to China for closing club trade
- 29 Sep 16:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FIFA agent Salvini: "Many Serie A clubs rejected SLIMANI for less than half a million"
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 13:33 MILAN set to extend wonderkid Donnarumma's contract by the end of February
- 28 Sep 08:05 NAPOLI, Jorginho: "We are not thinking about Higuain"
- 27 Sep 23:27 NAPOLI in deal extension talks with INSIGNE jr.
- 27 Sep 22:57 INTER MILAN - Ausilio approaching MOROSINI harder
- 27 Sep 16:32 INTER MILAN eye Gijón's wonderkid JORGE MERE
- 26 Sep 21:23 NAPOLI - Gabbiadini's agent: "To establish a long-term relationship with the club"
- 26 Sep 20:31 INTER - Zanetti: "We should't give up on Kondogbia"
Watford could face fine and point deduction after owner Gino Pozzo allegedly supplied falsified financial information to the football authorities, reports the Telegraph.
An EFL spokesman declared: “We can confirm, following receipt of information from
Inter Milan head coach Frank de Boer believes that his side can bounce back from the last disappointing defeat against Atalanta as the Neraz
According to Manchester Evening News, Belgian-Brazilian attacking midfielder Andreas Pereira (20), currently on a deal with Manchester United unt
Through a medical note reported on their official website, Olympique Marseille announced former French 30-year old international defensive midfie
RB Leipzig announced having signed German Under-21 international left-back Lukas Klostermann (20) on a new contract, lasting until June 2021. For