INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 13.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Nedved: "I don't see Morata in another club"
- 07 Oct 11:59 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Also Valencia are battling to sign Victor Valdes
- 07 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He has never asked to leave"
- 06 Oct 00:00 INTER, Dimarco's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 05 Oct 00:00 AC MILAN, Mihajlovic: "I won't resign"
- 04 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "I will stay for some more seasons, then.."
- 03 Oct 06:00 INTER, Vidic's agent: "Nothing true about DC United's interest"
- 02 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "Too early to talk about my new contract"
- 01 Oct 13:27 JUVENTUS, Morata after triumph over FC Seville: "Delighted for victory more than for my goal. I really enjoy working with Dybala"
- 01 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Vecino: "I am very happy in Florence"
- 30 Sep 06:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "I would have liked to play in England"
- 29 Sep 19:58 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner will miss the Group D meeting with Sevilla
- 29 Sep 19:09 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - AS ROMA: "Vital game against BATE. No problem playing in Keita's usual position, if I'm needed there"
- 29 Sep 16:46 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Disciplinary action against Caceres: suspension from the first team
- 29 Sep 13:30 CHAMPIONS, Bate-Roma: Possible lineups Roma boss Garcia set for 100th game in charge
- 29 Sep 06:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 28 Sep 13:59 Roll with the exes - FROSINONE v EMPOLI: the only one is a very recent one
- 28 Sep 10:37 Roll with the exes - ATALANTA v SAMPDORIA: One for each team, both Paraguayan
- 28 Sep 00:00 BOLOGNA, Corvino: "Rossi will stay"
- 26 Sep 23:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, TORINO v PALERMO: several ones, Belotti is the most recent
- 26 Sep 21:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, SASSUOLO v CHIEVO VERONA: one captain and icon among
- 26 Sep 15:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, NAPOLI v JUVENTUS: the only real one is a manager
- 26 Sep 11:00 Roll with the exes - Matchday 6, AS ROMA v CARPI: a veteran Giallorossi striker in between
- 24 Sep 13:00 Roll with the exes - EMPOLI v ATALANTA: One for each squad
- 23 Sep 23:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri after Matchday 5 failure: "We weren't careful enough on Frosinone corner kick"
- 23 Sep 16:00 Roll with the exes - LAZIO v GENOA: two important offensive players in the spotlight
- 23 Sep 13:17 Roll with the exes - SAMPDORIA v AS ROMA: once Giallorossi star
- 23 Sep 12:00 Roll with the exes - INTER v HELLAS VERONA: a former big scorer among
- 23 Sep 10:59 Roll with the exes - JUVENTUS v FROSINONE: all on greenhorns side
- 22 Sep 01:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's coach: "Agreement for his new deal"
- 19 Sep 12:00 AC MILAN v PALERMO, Matchday 4 Special Preview - Nocerino is not the only ex
- 19 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I want to win with this club"
- 18 Sep 13:45 GENOA v JUVENTUS, Special Preview - Sturaro is the recent moving jewel
- 18 Sep 00:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - AS ROMA (Group E), scorer of the highlight goal Florenzi: "It will be one of my best football memories"
- 17 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "Relaxed about my new contract"
- 16 Sep 14:30 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - JUVENTUS (Group D), Morata: "When we play as we know to, we're among the best teams in Europe"
- 16 Sep 08:00 NAPOLI, Strinic's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 15 Sep 16:39 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - MANCHESTER CITY v JUVENTUS (Group D): Fernando from the kick-off
- 15 Sep 08:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "He has 99,9% chances to renew"
- 14 Sep 07:00 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "This is the Balotelli we always want to see"
- 11 Sep 08:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 10 Sep 08:00 PALERMO, Gilardino: "I thought I was going to stay at Fiorentina"
- 10 Sep 01:17 JUVENTUS, Hernanes: "We need to start winning immediately. I'll be the offensive midfielder Allegri wants"
- 09 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Morganella: "Happy to have renewed"
- 08 Sep 11:12 INTER, Perisic: "Ditching Wolfsburg for Inter was easy"
- 07 Sep 16:30 AC MILAN, Once more Bad Boy Balotelli: driving license suspended
- 07 Sep 15:15 AS ROMA, Medical tests for Pjanic
- 07 Sep 11:39 LAZIO, De Vrij injured playing for Dutch NT
- 05 Sep 00:00 TORINO, Glik: "I never asked to leave"
- 04 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to stay for good"
- 03 Sep 15:59 TORINO, Left foot fracture for Maksimovic: 3 months out
- 03 Sep 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "We've been in talks for Hamsik"
- 02 Sep 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We were hoping to obtain Witsel on loan"
- 31 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I expect something from the transfer market"
- 30 Aug 10:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra won't join"
- 28 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Nothing true about Ibrahimovic"
- 27 Aug 08:00 INTER, Brozovic: "OL? I am happy here"
- 21 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Amauri's agent: "I don't think he will leave"
- 20 Aug 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Perisic could join"
- 19 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Maksimovic won't join Napoli"
- 14 Aug 08:00 ATALANTA, Cigarini's agent: "No contacts with Fiorentina£
- 13 Aug 08:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Ibra? Difficult"
- 12 Aug 00:00 PALERMO, Milanović's agent: "He won't stay"
- 11 Aug 00:00 AS ROMA, Castan: "I will stay"
- 10 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We are about to sign Romagnoli"
- 09 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "No problems with Higuain"
- 08 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "My future? Everything can happen"
- 07 Aug 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I am happy here"
- 06 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Nothing new about Romagnoli"
- 05 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "If we'll receive an offer for Maksimovic..."
- 04 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 03 Aug 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 00:00 INTER, Taider's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 31 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Negredo: "I want to stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon's agent: "No contacts with Chelsea"
- 30 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 29 Jul 00:00 ATALANTA, Sartori: "Denis will stay"
- 28 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Draxler? There's no hurry"
- 27 Jul 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "Real were after me, but I asked to stay"
- 25 Jul 12:00 FIORENTINA, Ilicic: "Happy to stay"
- 24 Jul 09:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Colo Colo? I have a contract, we'll see"
- 23 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "We don't want to sell anybody"
- 22 Jul 06:00 AC MILAN, Menez's agent: "He will stay for sure"
- 18 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Rugani's agent: "Napoli? Juve want to keep him"
- 17 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Petrachi: "We're seeking a forward"
- 14 Jul 13:45 JUVENTUS, Tevez's transfer to Boca Juniors sums and details disclosed
- 13 Jul 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are observing Salah's situation"
- 11 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Angelozzi: "We are not after El Kaddouri"
- 10 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Berardi's agent: "He won't join Juve before 2016"
- 09 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Sepe's agent: "He could join Fiorentina"
- 08 Jul 00:00 SASSUOLO, Vrsaljko's agent: "We are waiting for Napoli"
- 06 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Peres' agent: "Ready for a great club"
- 02 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Gargano's agent: "Monterrey is not his only option"
- 01 Jul 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "Next week a decision about his future"
- 30 Jun 00:00 INTER, Bardi's agent: "Five clubs after him"
- 27 Jun 00:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 26 Jun 00:00 INTER, Shaqiri: "I am not leaving"
- 25 Jun 00:00 INTER, Guarin's agent: "No contacts with Fenerbahçe"
- 24 Jun 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro: "Nothing true about Monaco"
- 09 Oct 17:55 ITALY/ NAPOLi, Callejon: "I wanted to leave, Sarri persuaded me to stay"
- 09 Oct 17:53 GERMANY/ BAYER MUNICH, Gotze out 3 months
- 09 Oct 17:00 ITALY/ INTER, Feghouli the first market target
- 09 Oct 17:00 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - As Roma: test for the young Sherri
- 09 Oct 13:59 Euro 2016 Qualifying, France, Benzema: "Maybe my critics like me too much!"
- 09 Oct 13:43 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Eye on Buitink
- 09 Oct 13:32 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ayre: "Klopp appointment proves owners' ambition"
- 09 Oct 12:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp: "Or we will win a title in four years - or I'm going to Switzerland!"
- 09 Oct 12:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp: "I'm the normal one"
- 09 Oct 12:47 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, want to sign Sadio Mane
- 09 Oct 12:46 ENGLAND/ BARCELONA, Eye ex Reds star
- 09 Oct 12:36 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp: "Market? I'm not an idiot, I'll have the first and last word"
- 09 Oct 12:35 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, PHOTO: Jürgen Klopp poses with Ian Ayre and Tom Werner
- 09 Oct 09:43 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, put on red alert after long-term target Karim Benzema expressed his disappointment
- 09 Oct 09:40 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, BREAKING NEWS: Reds name coaching duo
- 09 Oct 07:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Vietto out for four weeks
- 09 Oct 06:59 BAYERN, Götze: "Never thought about leaving Bayern"
- 09 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Mustafi's agent: "Bayern are after him"
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 22:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Klopp is Liverpool new manager
- 08 Oct 22:29 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eyes on Zeca
- 08 Oct 21:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea sign Amelia
- 08 Oct 21:22 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ron Smith: "Rodgers never recovered from Suarez sale"
- 08 Oct 21:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I'd not be here If I didn't start to play as defender"
- 08 Oct 20:39 FRANCE/ MONCO, El Shaarawy: "I have found serenity at Monaco"
- 08 Oct 20:15 GERMANY/ BAYER MUNICH, keeping tabs on Shkodran Mustafi
- 08 Oct 19:39 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Messi had been facing an 18-month prison sentence
- 08 Oct 19:15 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Ferguson was my football father"
- 08 Oct 18:47 ENGLAND/ TOTTENAHM, Alli is preparing for a surprise England debut
- 08 Oct 18:18 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Gimnasia La Plata: pro deal for Noble
- 08 Oct 18:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Eye on Karius
- 08 Oct 17:45 ENGLAND, Manchester United fan Usain Bolt forced to wear Arsenal shirt
- 08 Oct 17:40 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Caen: Imorou extends until 2019
- 08 Oct 17:22 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Taken 15-year old Swedish prospect Kimpioka
- 08 Oct 17:16 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL ,To hold new conference tomorrow at 10am
- 08 Oct 17:13 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, expecting to extend defender Jason Denayer's loan
- 08 Oct 16:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Can: "No regrets joining reds"
- 08 Oct 16:44 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC BILBAO, Laporte cools United talk
- 08 Oct 16:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Doubts over Barca's Nolito move
- 08 Oct 16:14 ITALY/ JUVE, Line up €20M Cuadrado deal
- 08 Oct 15:58 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, McAllister will leave his position with first-team squad
- 08 Oct 15:44 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Eye Sissoko Swoop
- 08 Oct 15:33 BREAKING NEWS: KLOPP NEW LIVERPOOL BOSS
- 08 Oct 15:14 FRANCE/ REAL MADRID, Navas stronger after collapse fo United Move
- 08 Oct 14:46 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, unchained scouts: observing lot of teams in Europe
- 08 Oct 14:31 ENGLAND, Lambert on Klopp: "I think the Liverpool crowd will be really similar to the Dortmund"
- 08 Oct 14:16 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Cudicini's praise for Begovic
- 08 Oct 14:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Santi was a gamble I had to take"
- 08 Oct 13:44 ENGLAND, Rooney will miss England’s final two Euro 2016 qualifiers
- 08 Oct 13:32 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola has agreed to replace Pellegrini as Man City
Jurgen Klopp faced the media for the first time since becoming Liverpool manager and declared himself "the normal one".
A highly-anticipated introduction did not disappoint as Klopp vowed to turn "the doubters to believers", said he would have "the fir
Interviewed by FcInterNews.it, Miroslav Bicanic, agent of Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, has declared: "Marcelo is an Inter player, he&
Interviewed by Gestiona Radio Valencia, Ali Bulur, agent of Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi, has declared: "It's true, Bayern are watching
Kia Joorabchian, agent of Liverpool attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho, has declared: "Reports that I have been talking to Real Madrid about
Interviewed by France Football, PSG winger Lucas Moura has declared: "My life here is wonderful, I'm happy here. At the beginning it was diff
Interviewed by the Süddeutsche Zeitung, Bayern Munich attacking midfielder Mario Götze has declared: "I never thought about leaving las