INTER, Cassano: "The sale of Ibra? Nobody said anything to me about that"
02.10.2012 13.57 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
It was all Antonio Cassano. Stories, anecdotes, jokes and smiles from the Nerazzurri forward on today's broadcast of "Undici" on Mediaset Italia 2, conducted by Pierluigi Pardo.
In the studio with Evaristo Beccalossi and journalist Franco Ordine, it started with the present moment and a fact: we’re now seeing the best of Cassano with the Nerazzurri. "In terms of goal-scoring that's probably true, but I can still do better. How much so? I don’t want to say. I just know that I feel good, I'm turning in good performances and for me the important thing is to be happy. At the European Championship I was coming off of almost 6 months of inactivity. Now I’ve been working at the Pinetina for two months and I feel good."
Franco Ordine comes from Foggia, in Cassano’s home region of Puglia, and so he took advantage of the opportunity to speak with him a bit in dialect. Antonio then explained more about how he feels: "I need to feel important and at the Pinetina everyone makes me feel that way, all the way up to the top, meaning the president. I feel that everyone at the club has faith in me. It’s true that money is important to me, but thank heavens I've already set a bit aside, so it’s certainly not the only thing that matters."
The discussion turned to AC Milan and the more playing time Antonio Cassano might have had with the sale of Ibrahimovic: "Nobody said anything to me about that, but anyway now I'm glad because Inter was my dream. Are there any moments to remember with the Rossoneri? I won a Scudetto, I had a fantastic relationship with my team-mates and I still hear from Mauro Tassotti every two or three days. There’s also someone else who I don’t hear from, but that’s because I don't want to. Yepes is a friend, a special person to me."
By way of a video message came a special greeting from one of Cassano’s current team-mates. Yuto Nagatomo greeted "Antonio-san", who smiled and said: "I get on very well with him. He’s a great player and he’s always smiling, from morning to night."
But the message from the Japanese defender wasn’t the only thing to bring a smile out of the forward. Javier Zanetti and Andrea Stramaccioni (defined as "a phenomenon" by Antonio) wanted to get revenge for Cassano’s daily pranks. While watching the Nerazzurri coach and captain on video Cassano stated: "Football is happiness and serenity, regardless of the results that you get. Football is the greatest thing in the world."
And the greatest thing in the world must feel greater still considering that Fantantonio's start to the 2012/13 season is his best ever: "It’s just chance. I like getting assists much more than scoring goals. If I score them for my team it’s better but – I repeat – it doesn’t matter much. I’m still convinced that it’s better to set up a goal than to score one."
AC Milan, Inter and the best positions on the pitch. Speaking on these subjects Cassano came to discuss Diego Milito, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the derby: "Diego will finish top scorer. The few times that AC Milan let Ibra play were when he had me next to him... [smiling]. Jokes aside, he really liked playing alongside me and I was very happy. The derby is a different game. You can’t predict a result and there is no favourite. We’ll go all out for it. Are Inter stronger? We'll see at the end of the season who has done better, but I play for Inter so it’s normal that I see the Nerazzurri as the better team."
The question came up again and Cassano was asked who, between Inter and AC Milan, got the better deal in the exchange between him and Giampaolo Pazzini: "I hear from him often and I joke around with him, but there’s no need to make comparisons. He’s my friend and I’m convinced he’ll do well. We were both unhappy where we were and we chose the best teams possible."
A simple "no". This was the only reply that the Inter attacker gave when he was asked for a response to statements made this afternoon by AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani ("There’s no use. I prefer not to talk about Cassano. I don’t want to say anything."). He then gave his opinion on the Rossoneri’s recent departures: "I think the team has suffered more from Thiago Silva’s exit than from Ibrahimovic's because the defender was a reassuring presence for the group, providing cover and counter-attacks. You expected Ibrahimovic to score goals, but Thiago was much more important to our team."
After rattling off the names for his "all-time starting XI" with coach Fabio Capello ("the best I've ever had"), a video message from Marco Materazzi arrived for Cassano ("I've always told him everything and he knows how much I always pushed to have him at Inter"). The forward replied: "I can tell Matrix that he’s in my thoughts and I hope he can come back to live in Milan. Perugia might pose some problems for him… [smiling]."
He ended things in typical Cassano style, with a smile and with everyone in the studio under the spell of his one-man show. There was also a comment on the reality show that will showcase an overweight Ronaldo trying to lose weight. Antonio commented: "I’m still certain that when I finish playing football I’m going to get very fat."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 26 Jul 20:59 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Duel to AS Monaco and Liverpool for Gaitan
- 26 Jul 20:30 ARSENAL & CHELSEA, 30 million euros needed for Khedira
- 26 Jul 20:00 ITALY/ PALERMO, Eyes on Duarte
- 26 Jul 19:27 HOLLAND/ AJAX, Schöne: "Benfica are a great club"
- 26 Jul 18:57 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, New plan for signing Arda Turan
- 26 Jul 18:29 BESIKTAS & TRABZONSPOR, Lazio challenged over Ricardo Costa
- 26 Jul 17:59 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Back for Kuzmanovic
- 26 Jul 17:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, UK bookmakers foreseeing Campbell join AC Milan
- 26 Jul 17:00 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Romero about to join
- 26 Jul 16:27 BELGIUM/ STANDARD LIEGE, Negotiations with Anelka ongoing
- 26 Jul 15:57 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Arsenal scared by the request for Schneiderlin
- 26 Jul 15:29 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Nacional Montevideo moving towards Polenta
- 26 Jul 14:59 MLS - CANADA/ OFFICIAL, Toronto FC don't hire Julio Cesar back from QPR
- 26 Jul 14:30 RUSSIA/ RUBIN KAZAN, Wakaso offered to Genoa
- 26 Jul 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Reina snubs Napoli: "I'd like to join Liga back, though hard now"
- 26 Jul 13:27 ITALY/ LAZIO, Still keen on De Vrij
- 26 Jul 13:12 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal sign Curbelo and Fredes
- 26 Jul 12:57 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Sprint for Zuculini
- 26 Jul 12:43 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Newcastle keen on Facundo Ferreyra
- 26 Jul 12:29 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Veloso
- 26 Jul 12:12 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Arsenal blazed out: Chambers' purchase finalized
- 26 Jul 11:59 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Also Valencia after Rojo
- 26 Jul 11:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, New offer for Ferreira Carrasco
- 26 Jul 11:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Griezmann likely to join
- 26 Jul 10:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Rigoni joins Palermo
- 26 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Ranieri is the new NT coach
- 26 Jul 09:27 LILLE, Girard: "Origi will stay"
- 26 Jul 08:59 WOLFSBURG, Arnold: "I am happy here"
- 26 Jul 08:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We didn't sign Shaw because..."
- 26 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "It will be difficult to replace Mathieu"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 26 Jul 01:27 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Offer for Bacca
- 26 Jul 00:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland sign Van Aanholt
- 26 Jul 00:29 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Agreement for Romulo
- 25 Jul 23:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Crystal Palace sign Campbell
- 25 Jul 23:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica sign Bebé
- 25 Jul 23:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Vives renews with Torino
- 25 Jul 22:37 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Idea Valdes
- 25 Jul 22:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Reed renews with Southampton
- 25 Jul 21:59 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Bakayoko joins Monaco
- 25 Jul 21:39 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover sign Kiyotake
- 25 Jul 21:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Basanta joins Fiorentina
- 25 Jul 21:00 GERMANY/ WOLSFBURG, Keen on Mustafi
- 25 Jul 20:45 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Medicals for Lovren
- 25 Jul 20:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Salvatore Masiello joins Torino back
- 25 Jul 20:15 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Double assault on Celtic: Forster and Van Dijk on target
- 25 Jul 20:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Drogba is coming not because he made history, but 'cause he wants to make more history"
- 25 Jul 19:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa meeting scheduled and a new suitor for Campagnaro
- 25 Jul 19:30 ITALY/ PARMA, Cassani already training with the squad. Just the announcement lacking
- 25 Jul 19:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 3 Serie A suitors for Rafael Marquez
After having officialized Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez, as well as having agreed terms with Keylor Navas, Real Madrid management, in need to have some cash entered, are establishing sums on players due to leave. According to ABC, the request set on German international half-bac
Interiewed by Sportmediaset, Albian Morano, agent of Inter Milan forward Mauro Icardi, has declared: "There have never been any contacts with Mon
Interviewed by Marca, Valencia president Amedeo Salvo has declared about 30-year-old defender Jeremy Mathieu, who has just moved to Barcelona: "W
Commenting upon Didier Drogba's return to Chelsea after 2 seasons, Blues manager José Mourinho, through the pages of London side official w
Lille coach René Girard has declared about 19-year-old forward Divock Origi: "The case is over, he will remain with us".