ARSENAL, Arteta: "I will consider management one day"
18.10.2012 10.08 by TM W
Mikel Arteta will consider a move into management when his playing days are over - even though he believes the job is more stressful than ever.
The midfielder has been a revelation since joining Arsenal last year and was recently appointed vice-captain by Arsène Wenger. At 30, Arteta has a number of years left on the pitch but his cerebral approach to his sport augurs well should he eventually swap the midfield for the technical area.
The Spaniard admits he has thought about his long-term future but he is wary of the pressure on modern-day managers.
"I don’t know [if I will be a manager], it’s a big thing nowadays because it’s really demanding," Arteta told Arsenal.com.
"I think the job has changed a lot in the last few years - you can see the stress and the responsibility managers have. Sometimes people don’t recognise that. To manage a group of players nowadays with 10 or 15 different countries involved with different personalities is a difficult thing to do.
"I have thought about it a lot and we will see what happens one day. It’s still early for that [decision]. Obviously you’re starting to get a few things from different managers and players and a key thing is they can help.
"Sometimes on the pitch as well you think about things that can be done better or in a different way, or how you play depending on if you’re winning and drawing and what the team needs to do."
Arteta worked under David Moyes at Everton and has also thrived with Wenger. The Spaniard's tactical awareness is one of his strengths but he believes that man-management is just as important in the top job.
"If you have 24 players, every one is different," he said. "One of the biggest mistakes I’ve seen is when you treat everyone the same. People say ‘everyone has to be the same’ - they have to be the same in certain roles, but everyone is different.
"The way you approach someone is very important. If you shout at someone, it depends on their character - you may kill him for the next 45 minutes.
"Sometimes you need to pinch someone because you know he has the character. He can involve the rest if he pushes and raises his level in the game. You have to recognise those characters and I think that’s a very difficult part of football management."
Other news Premier League (England)
- 05 Mar 20:15 ARSENAL, Gilberto Silva: "Alexis is a killer in front of goal"
- 05 Mar 18:14 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Reid: "Happy for my renewal"
- 04 Mar 12:43 ARSENAL, To boast three billionaires listed on Forbes
- 04 Mar 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "We are not interested in Bacca"
- 03 Mar 06:19 CHELSEA, Terry: "I hope to remain for a few more years"
- 02 Mar 22:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain on Giroud: "Oli is always there for scoring, that's just what we need"
- 02 Mar 20:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney on Di Maria: "He's talented, hopefully he'll start giving great performances for us as well"
- 02 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Yaya Touré is happy here"
- 01 Mar 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Forever in England"
- 28 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Bellerìn: "It's gonna be hard. We'll need to prove CL night was an accident"
- 28 Feb 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I am happy here"
- 27 Feb 17:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere will have surgery"
- 27 Feb 15:30 ARSENAL, Henry: "Training Gunners is a dream of mine"
- 27 Feb 13:30 TOTTENHAM, Chadli: "Now let's put disappointment away and make our best for Capital One Cup"
- 27 Feb 13:17 EVERTON, Europa League pairing with Dynamo Kyiv
- 27 Feb 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker after Emirates fiasco: "We'll need a wonderful night in Monaco"
- 27 Feb 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers after Besiktas EL failure: "We are disappointed for how much we put into the game"
- 26 Feb 07:00 ARSENAL, Wenger comments upon AS Monaco fiasco: "We were suicidal defensively"
- 26 Feb 02:20 ARSENAL v AS MONACO 1-3 - The Matchbox
- 25 Feb 11:43 ARSENAL, Monreal: "Wenger? I feel very lucky to have such a great coach"
- 25 Feb 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "I was about to leave"
- 24 Feb 21:00 ARSENAL v AS MONACO, Preview - Wenger: "We've got equal chances to pass the turn"
- 24 Feb 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Djuricic: "I would like to remain"
- 23 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Touré's agent: "Ready to commit to City for life"
- 22 Feb 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Demichelis could stay"
- 21 Feb 16:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho on Paris metro incident: "We invite mister Souleymane to join us at Stamford Bridge on our expense"
- 21 Feb 15:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Luke Shaw: "I know how good Swans can be on their days"
- 21 Feb 14:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal on team news: "Van Persie and Jones are fit for playing"
- 21 Feb 13:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Ospina: "They've got a direct style and move fast, we'll need to be careful"
- 21 Feb 12:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal: "We've got a fantastic spirit now, and we are looking for the perfect balance"
- 21 Feb 11:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Eagles captain Jedinak: "We are in the right mood to face such a strong team as Gunners"
- 21 Feb 10:00 SOUTHAMPTON v LIVERPOOL, Preview - Allen: "Saints have already succeeded in testing us"
- 21 Feb 09:00 LIVERPOOL, Joe Allen: "Jordon Ibe is brilliant, he's got the raw talent needed"
- 21 Feb 01:30 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I want to stay"
- 20 Feb 19:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Intense ground, and Pardew is doing very well. I'm happy for Chamakh's new career with Eagles"
- 20 Feb 17:00 TOTTENHAM, Ben Davies: "Good job against Fiorentina, but they were solid and hard to break"
- 20 Feb 14:44 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Ramsey still, doubts on Flamini and Bellerin. Wilshere is ok"
- 20 Feb 14:29 LIVERPOOL, Moreno about Besiktas: "We've been lucky as well"
- 19 Feb 01:12 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Alexis rejected several clubs to make Gunners switch"
- 18 Feb 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "We have to maintain momentum"
- 18 Feb 13:44 CHELSEA, Ivanovic cheered by Blues draw at Paris
- 18 Feb 06:39 WERDER, Eichin: "Prödl could renew"
- 18 Feb 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I miss Italy, but.."
- 17 Feb 18:15 LIVERPOOL, 4-game Europa League sanction for Markovic
- 17 Feb 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I want to buy a midfielder"
- 16 Feb 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "No contacts with PSG"
- 14 Feb 19:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Welbeck: "Winning FA Cup would mean a lot to me"
- 14 Feb 16:30 ARSENAL, Akpom: "Playing with world-class names like Cazorla and Rosicky is a striker's dream"
- 14 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Wenger: "Szczesny is back, competition with Ospina is open"
- 14 Feb 12:00 ARSENAL, Gnabry: "I'm feeling good coming back, now I've got to keep pushing"
- 14 Feb 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Henderson: "No rush over new deal"
- 13 Feb 19:30 ARSENAL, Paulista close to debut
- 13 Feb 15:30 EVERTON, Lukaku: "It's my ambition to get playing in a club like Chelsea"
- 13 Feb 06:29 QPR, Isla: "No regrets about Juve"
- 12 Feb 06:19 MAN. UTD, Falcao's agent: "He is happy here"
- 10 Feb 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 09 Feb 13:15 TOTTENHAM, King Kane after triumph over Arsenal: "Words can't describe how I'm feeling now"
- 09 Feb 09:53 ARSENAL, It’s 31 years since Gunner signed Paul Mariner.
- 09 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "I think Milner will stay"
- 08 Feb 00:00 ARSENAL, Welbeck after city derby defeat: "We are devastated"
- 07 Feb 18:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL 2-1, The Matchbox Report: Kane's double decides
- 07 Feb 13:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on Walcott: "Now he needs a long time without injuries"
- 07 Feb 13:15 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Bentaleb: "Always a special game against Gunners"
- 07 Feb 13:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Dark-working players, like Coquelin or Cazorla, are crucial"
- 07 Feb 12:45 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "A potentially spectacular game. Confidence will be the key"
- 07 Feb 12:30 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Pochettino: "This kind of match has to be played with the heart, as well as with head and brains"
- 07 Feb 12:15 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Ramsey: "Now Coquelin is my insurance"
- 07 Feb 12:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "If you love football, you love Rosicky"
- 07 Feb 06:59 WEST HAM, Allardyce: "A bit frustrated about the transfer market"
- 06 Feb 18:43 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Mertesacker: "There will be a special atmosphere. We'll have to be cautious defense-wise"
- 06 Feb 16:30 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Welbeck is back. Bielik? He's coming very well"
- 06 Feb 15:45 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Koscielny: "Bellerin and Coquelin will help us a lot, they are ready"
- 06 Feb 06:19 LEICESTER, Pearson: "Quite happy with the transfer market"
- 05 Feb 20:30 BREAKING NEWS - ARSENAL, Possible new smoke-related crisis for Wilshere
- 05 Feb 19:00 ARSENAL, Ospina: "There's a great goalkeeping tradition in Colombia. I've been always dreaming of Premier League"
- 05 Feb 17:30 ARSENAL, Sanchez injured: no city derby against Tottenham for Chilean star
- 05 Feb 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Adebayor: "Happy that I didn't join West Ham"
- 04 Feb 06:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Leaving is the best solution"
- 03 Feb 17:39 ARSENAL, Gilberto Silva: "Gilberto is a mirror for me"
- 03 Feb 11:09 CHELSEA, Cuadrado: "I’m going to be part of such a big club"
- 02 Feb 06:19 CHELSEA, Drogba: "I will play here in the next season"
- 02 Feb 06:00 REAL MADRID, S. Ramos: "I don't see myself with another team"
- 30 Jan 06:19 WEST HAM, Allardyce: "We still hope to sign Fletcher"
- 29 Jan 06:19 EVERTON, Martinez: "I don't think we'll replace Eto'o"
- 28 Jan 06:19 NEWCASTLE, Sissoko: "I want to remain in England"
- 27 Jan 06:19 MAN. UTD, Januzai's agent: "He is not for sale"
- 26 Jan 14:03 CHELSEA, Drogba: "When I came to England, things were difficult"
- 26 Jan 13:36 LIVERPOOL, Sturridge returns to full training
- 26 Jan 06:29 WEST HAM, Allardyce: "I have talked with Fletcher's agent"
- 25 Jan 06:59 SWANSEA, Monk: "I think Gomis will stay"
- 24 Jan 06:29 CHELSEA, Ramires' agent: "No negotiations for his departure"
- 23 Jan 11:03 LIVERPOOL, Brendan: "Lucas is the perfect example"
- 23 Jan 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Coquelin will get a new deal"
- 22 Jan 06:19 MAN. CITY, Caballero: "I'm not moving to Argentina"
- 21 Jan 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "I never wanted to go"
- 20 Jan 06:19 QPR, Fernandes: "Redknapp will stay"
- 19 Jan 09:29 MAN UTD, Rojo: "I came here to be a champion"
- 19 Jan 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Difficult to find a defender"
- 18 Jan 06:59 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I don't expect a big signing"
- 17 Jan 06:29 MAN. CITY, Yaya Touré: "I don't know if I'll stay"
- 06 Mar 08:00 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Agreement for Neto
- 06 Mar 07:40 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Martinez's future uncertain
- 06 Mar 07:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Gomez injured
- 06 Mar 06:57 OL, Lacazette: "My future? There are indispensable opportunities"
- 06 Mar 06:39 SCHALKE, Heldt: "Boateng won't leave earlier than expected"
- 06 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "He could stay, but.."
- 05 Mar 23:37 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Fernandes joins Atletico PR
- 05 Mar 23:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Chance for Sabella
- 05 Mar 22:59 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Llorente to replace Bacca
- 05 Mar 22:39 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Keen on Remy
- 05 Mar 22:20 ITALY/ PALERMO, Still keen on Bardi
- 05 Mar 22:00 SWOTZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hoarau renews with Young Boys
- 05 Mar 21:45 FRANCE/ OM, Interest for Osvaldo
- 05 Mar 21:30 ROMANIA/ OFFICIAL, Munteanu is Astra new coach
- 05 Mar 21:14 ITALY/ JUVE, Pogba's agent: "Everything depends on what Paul himself and club want"
- 05 Mar 21:00 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Nastasic's permanent deal at Schalke
- 05 Mar 20:42 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Lost Neto there is a deal for Sportiello
- 05 Mar 20:31 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Scholes: "Giggs won't be a number two for that long"
- 05 Mar 20:15 ARSENAL, Gilberto Silva: "Alexis is a killer in front of goal"
- 05 Mar 20:00 O.L., Lacazette: "Lyon may sell for right price"
- 05 Mar 19:45 REAL MADRID, Kroos:" I joined Madrid for Ancelotti"
- 05 Mar 19:29 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Balotelli posts 'someone doesn't like me'
- 05 Mar 19:10 ENGLAND/ MIDDLESBROUGH, Bamford dismisses claims he has no future at Chelsea
- 05 Mar 18:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, No Pjanic at Anfield
- 05 Mar 18:44 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Albertazzi: "I'm doing well, I've started running again"
- 05 Mar 18:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Nasri might leave for joining MLS
- 05 Mar 18:14 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Reid: "Happy for my renewal"
- 05 Mar 17:59 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Barcelona and United still interested in Danilo
- 05 Mar 17:44 ITALY/ ROMA, Keita about the renewal "No news"
- 05 Mar 17:30 ITALY/ INTER, Podolski's agent: "In the summer he can come back to Arsenal"
- 05 Mar 17:12 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Landing Manea
- 05 Mar 17:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Survey on Callejon
- 05 Mar 16:45 PARAGUAY/ CERRO PORTEÑO, Tons of European suitors for young sensation Sergio Diaz
- 05 Mar 16:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Survey on Upamecano
- 05 Mar 16:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, West Ham sign Reid on super-long term renewal
- 05 Mar 16:01 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG: Duel to Arsenal, Southampton and Tottenham on Umtiti
- 05 Mar 15:30 SENEGAL/ OFFICIAL, Aliou Cissé is the new NT trainer
- 05 Mar 15:00 ITALY/ INTER, German youngster Kehrer about to join from Schalke
- 05 Mar 14:27 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Mallorca sign Riera
- 05 Mar 13:57 FRANCE/ VALENCIENNES, A Premier League suitor for Fulgini
- 05 Mar 13:29 GERMANY/ FC NURNBERG, Mohwald set to join
- 05 Mar 12:59 SPAIN/ RAYO VALLECANO, 3 suitors for Bueno
- 05 Mar 12:30 NORWAY/ MOLDE, Approaching Bakenga
- 05 Mar 12:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Eyes on Guruceaga
- 05 Mar 11:27 ITALY/ PALERMO, Confirms on Defrel being on target
- 05 Mar 10:57 ITALY/ PARMA, Cebolla Rodriguez: "I'll join Brazil or USA soon"
- 05 Mar 10:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Vitiello extends for Palermo
- 05 Mar 09:59 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Test period for a Polish talent
- 05 Mar 09:30 LAZIO & PALERMO, Eyes on Mariga
- 05 Mar 09:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Kehli renews with Metz
Mino Raiola has insisted Paris Saint-Germain are an attractive club for Paul Pogba, but admits the midfielder could remain at Juventus for at least another season.
The 21-year-old is one of the most coveted players in Europe at the moment, with PSG, Real Madrid and Manche
Interviewed by RMC, Mino Raiola, agent of Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, has declared: "He has renewed with Juve, and not many clubs can afford
Kroos has revealed that the presence of Carlo Ancelotti was one of the main reasons behind his decision to leave Bayern Munich for Real Madrid ahead o
Gilberto Silva says Alexis is "a nightmare" for defenders and a huge asset to Arsenal.
The Gunners bought the Chile forward from Barcelon
OL forward Alexandre Lacazette has declared: "Last year, when they talked about a transfer, I got annoyed. I want to do my best in this season. P
Schalke 04 Director of Football Horst Heldt has declared about 27-year-old midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng: "He has one more year on his contract