INTER, Stramaccioni: "Palacio is doing great"
30.10.2012 16.28 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
"There have been lots of games in which Sampdoria have played well but come away empty-handed. We shouldn't be fooled by the league position they're in at the moment. They'll want to get things back on track and take points away from San Siro. Their team is well equipped to cause us difficulties but we're trying to prepare for this encounter as best as we possibly can." Andrea Stramaccioni assessed the opponents Inter face tomorrow in the midweek Serie A clash at the Stadio Meazza, which kicks off at 20:45.
The coach was also keen to stress that all thoughts are on Wednesday's game, and not Juventus v Inter: "You ask me if I'm able not to think about Juventus? Yes, personally I am able to do that. I take games one at a time and try to give everything without making any mistakes. We really are taking each game as it comes because matching our rivals' results in each game is crucial. At the moment I have to beat Samp and I think it's going to be extremely tough. We must make sure Inter go out there hungry to win and with an attacking mindset."
Andrea Stramccioni was asked about Antonio Cassano and Andrea Ranocchia during his press conference before Inter v Sampdoria: "Antonio didn't feel great at the end of the match because of his neck pain, but that sort of problem tends to come and go suddenly. He's trained the last two days and he's fine, he should be fine. As for Ranocchia, you want to know if I'll field him tomorrow considering that he's one booking away from suspension? He is close to a suspension, that's true, as is Guarin. It's a choice I have to make, a risk that I might or might not take, but I'm only thinking about Sampdoria at the moment, without making too many calculations, because if we don't win the games in the run-up to Saturday's head-to-head clash then it won't be a head-to-head anymore. In any case, Ranocchia is doing superbly, both in terms of morale and his performances. He's one of the best defenders in the league at the moment. It's entirely my decision whether or not to field him, whether or not to take that risk. I'll sleep on it tonight."
Stramaccioni then said of Guarin: "He's a player we're counting on a lot. I don't have an awful lot of experience but I have enough to know that you can't always be on top form, though in any case he's never played badly. I have full confidence in him."
The Nerazzurri coach was then quizzed about Ricky Alvarez: "He has a lot of potential but he's also been rather unlucky. I think one thing I'm good at is showing faith in players if they deserve it beforehand, not just after they've scored three goals. After three goals they're confident enough by themselves anyway. Ricky just needs to come up with a bit of magic or a goal to boost his confidence even further. He just needs to get beyond that stage, he might only need a single moment to get going and become a crowd favourite."
What's Esteban Cambiasso's secret? "He's playing well. He's happy, I'm happy. He's playing well like many others. It's important to play well but it's even more important that you keep playing well. And I think the team is doing that on the pitch."
The coach also commented on Rodrigo Palacio, Joel Obi, Juan Jesus and Wesley Sneijder: "Palacio is doing great but so are all our strikers. Obi's old injury flared up a little, nothing serious, but he's a Swarovski... [he smiles] so we've wrapped him up for a bit. He's too important a prospect for us. Will Juan Jesus's suspension be a problem? He's doing brilliantly, no doubt about that, but no team depends on one or two players. When will Sneijder return? I hope he can start working towards a return after the Juventus game, we'll see when the doctor feels is the right time to bring him back."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 23 Oct 10:35 INTER - New owners to appoint Blanc if De Boer is sacked
- 22 Oct 18:36 FIORENTINA back for SAPONARA
- 21 Oct 23:32 JUVENTUS scouting four 2000-born wonderkids
- 21 Oct 23:03 AC MILAN - Poli: "Proud of my 100 appearances with rossoneri"
- 21 Oct 20:43 JUVENTUS - Eyes on PSG 1999-born DIABY
- 20 Oct 17:43 EMPOLI willing to sign DIONISI from Frosinone in January
- 20 Oct 13:32 AC MILAN- Bonaventura: "I expected to find more chaos"
- 19 Oct 20:37 NAPOLI - Milik already working in the gym, he can recover for January
- 19 Oct 18:03 OFFICIAL - LAZIO sign PAROLO on new contract
- 19 Oct 16:36 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign PRADE as new executive
- 19 Oct 14:16 LAZIO target young French striker HALLER
- 18 Oct 20:08 GENOA might be back for AC Milan's ZAPATA in January
- 18 Oct 16:44 ATALANTA deny Lazio being interested in PALOSCHI
- 18 Oct 16:01 SAMPDORIA to name Daniele PRADE after city derby
- 18 Oct 07:57 TORINO, Mihajlovic: "We can beat anyone"
- 17 Oct 16:54 AC MILAN - Legendary N° 6 Franco BARESI to have a step forward in top brass
- 17 Oct 14:30 INTER - Icardi: today the club and De Boer will choose if dismiss him as a captain
- 17 Oct 13:02 JUVENTUS keen to keep Neto, he will be Buffon's heir
- 17 Oct 09:57 AC MILAN, Montella: "I can feel the air of Europe now"
- 17 Oct 09:03 INTER MILAN, Ausilio: "We will talk to Icardi before making a decision"
- 16 Oct 15:24 INTER MILAN, Zanetti: "We cannot accept this behaviour from Icardi"
- 16 Oct 09:31 TORINO - Top striker Belotti will have a € 60m buy-out clause
- 15 Oct 23:38 JUVENTUS, Benatia: "We've been clever tonight. We must always show we deserve this club, and this jersey"
- 15 Oct 21:43 JUVENTUS defeat Udinese and take Serie A over (again)
- 15 Oct 20:25 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "My son is much better. Now let's kill the league"
- 15 Oct 13:01 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "The important is that we have patience"
- 15 Oct 12:07 ROMA, Spalletti: "we must overcome individual errors"
- 14 Oct 19:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - GOLDANIGA between PALERMO new contract and SAMPDORIA courtship
- 14 Oct 18:31 BOLOGNA - Winter plan for signing PINILLA
- 14 Oct 15:13 LAZIO - Italian international PAROLO about to be signed on a new contract
- 14 Oct 14:07 BOLOGNA - OIKONOMOU might leave on loan in January
- 14 Oct 11:00 REAL MADRID - CR7: "INTER and JUVE wanted me in 2003, but I preferred MAN UNITED"
- 13 Oct 21:53 ATALANTA, challenging Palermo on Peruvian international TRAUCO
- 13 Oct 18:01 INTER MILAN, Santon after summer troubles: "I was reborn after De Boer joined us. Darmian? He'd be welcome"
- 13 Oct 14:44 AC MILAN - Ambrosini as Club Manager
- 13 Oct 10:59 INTER - Brozovic to join the squad back
- 13 Oct 10:24 MILAN - Abate is the new captain
- 12 Oct 20:54 AC MILAN, Montella: "Fabregas in not the right man to replace Montolivo"
- 12 Oct 20:06 JUVENTUS target Alex MERET as a possible heir for Buffon
- 12 Oct 18:24 NAPOLI might challenge INTER MILAN on ALARIO
- 12 Oct 16:53 NAPOLI scouting Leipzig's Yussuf POULSEN
- 12 Oct 15:26 JUVENTUS - Uruguayan talent BENTANCUR to join in January
- 12 Oct 14:42 SAMPDORIA send scouts for Hungarian international KADAR
- 11 Oct 15:44 AC MILAN, Pasalic's agent: "He's not regretting his choice at all. He's in epic shape"
- 11 Oct 15:12 LAZIO - Regaining plan to sign NETO from Juventus
- 11 Oct 13:16 JUVENTUS - Barcelona chiefs scout Juventus defender Lichtsteiner
- 11 Oct 12:59 JUVENTUS - Dybala: "I'd like to reach Higuain's level"
- 10 Oct 18:54 AC MILAN, Suso: "Leaving Liverpool and joining here was the right choice. No role models, but I've always liked Zidane"
- 10 Oct 15:23 AS ROMA - ITURBE more and more likely to leave in January
- 10 Oct 13:55 NAPOLI - Milik's surgery ok, now he will stop for 4-6 months
- 09 Oct 21:33 NAPOLI, Osvaldo's agent: "Pablo decided to leave football"
- 09 Oct 13:04 JUVENTUS - Pjanic: "Everything is easier with Higuain and Dybala"
- 09 Oct 12:31 MILAN - Raiola: "Donnarumma to stay put? The new Chinese owners will decide"
- 09 Oct 09:57 ROMA, Totti: "Real Madrid pushed at all costs for me"
- 09 Oct 09:29 TORINO, Hart: "The decision to leave City was the best one for me"
- 09 Oct 08:09 INTER, Icardi's wife: "Mauro was close to joining REAL MADRID"
- 08 Oct 16:17 INTER MILAN, Joao Mario: "I have to work and improve"
- 08 Oct 08:35 JUVE face defense emergency as Chiellini gets injured as well
- 07 Oct 22:37 Gabigol: "Happy for the first goal, I want to bring INTER to win trophies"
- 07 Oct 19:01 FIORENTINA, Tello: "I made the right choice, I'd have had a hard time at Barça. Staying here might be good for me"
- 06 Oct 17:01 AS ROMA - De Rossi set for 100-cap UEFA honour
- 06 Oct 15:16 JUVENTUS - Medical report on PJACA: no fibula fracture
- 06 Oct 14:32 OFFICIAL - MIRABELLI announced as next AC MILAN sports director
- 05 Oct 20:32 Donnarumma on his future: "I just think about MILAN, then we'll see"
- 05 Oct 14:46 LAZIO - Young Albanian goalie STRAKOSHA soon to sign new long-term contract
- 05 Oct 12:07 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I feel no existential crisis"
- 05 Oct 11:40 ROMA, Martina: "Dzeko gained confidence in Serie A"
- 05 Oct 08:17 LAZIO want to put a € 35m buy-out clause in De Vrij's new deal
- 05 Oct 07:49 AC MILAN, Paletta's agent: "He wants to stay put, he dreams of playing for Italy again"
- 04 Oct 21:06 OFFICIAL - INTER goalkeeper Radu extends until 2020
- 04 Oct 18:10 INTER MILAN. Biabiany's agent: "He's requested in Italy, France, England and China"
- 04 Oct 17:13 A new Italian suitor for JUAN VARGAS
- 04 Oct 15:59 UDINESE - Suggestion for JANKOVIC as a free agent
- 03 Oct 18:44 OFFICIAL - Gigi DELNERI back to UDINESE as manager
- 03 Oct 17:56 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Our chairman Agnelli is protecting Italian football as a whole. Allegri's doing a great job"
- 03 Oct 11:28 ROMA, Strootman: "These three points are very important"
- 03 Oct 10:40 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "Defeat not deserved, we were in control"
- 03 Oct 10:12 AC MILAN, Montella: "We need to play with a light touch"
- 02 Oct 11:10 Serie A/ EMPOLI v JUVENTUS, Official Line Ups
- 02 Oct 09:34 LAZIO - De Vrij: "Our best game: we want to go back to Europe"
- 01 Oct 22:22 NAPOLI - 3 new contracts on arrival
- 30 Sep 20:30 NAPOLI - A new suitor for STRINIC, but...
- 30 Sep 19:00 TORINO - 3 Serie A giants on sensation BARRECA. New long-term contract offered
- 30 Sep 15:30 LAZIO - Parolo to be soon signed on a new long-term contract
- 30 Sep 14:15 NAPOLI put maxi-release clause on HYSAJ's new contract
- 30 Sep 13:44 GENOA - Simeone Jr: "I want to become better than my dad, but I have to improve"
- 30 Sep 12:48 INTER - Joao Mario on the way to recover, he might be selected for ROMA
- 30 Sep 10:52 JUVENTUS - Dyabala deal to be extended
- 29 Sep 20:20 AC MILAN - Fassone flies to China for closing club trade
- 29 Sep 16:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FIFA agent Salvini: "Many Serie A clubs rejected SLIMANI for less than half a million"
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 13:33 MILAN set to extend wonderkid Donnarumma's contract by the end of February
- 28 Sep 08:05 NAPOLI, Jorginho: "We are not thinking about Higuain"
- 27 Sep 23:27 NAPOLI in deal extension talks with INSIGNE jr.
- 27 Sep 22:57 INTER MILAN - Ausilio approaching MOROSINI harder
- 27 Sep 16:32 INTER MILAN eye Gijón's wonderkid JORGE MERE
- 26 Sep 21:23 NAPOLI - Gabbiadini's agent: "To establish a long-term relationship with the club"
- 26 Sep 20:31 INTER - Zanetti: "We should't give up on Kondogbia"
- 26 Sep 17:44 AS ROMA - Totti's wife Ilary Blasi: "Spalletti acted like a small man"
- 26 Sep 16:45 JUVENTUS - Medical report on ASAMOAH's surgery
- 23 Oct 22:21 Liga/ REAL MADRID v ATHLETIC BILBAO 2-1
- 23 Oct 21:54 Serie A/ ROMA v PALERMO 4-1 FT
- 23 Oct 21:25 CHELSEA - Conte: "Great respect for everyone, nothing happened with Jose”
- 23 Oct 20:53 PL/ MAN UNITED, Mata: "Painful result, we must learn from our mistakes"
- 23 Oct 20:22 MAN UNITED boss Mourinho mad at Conte for crazy celebration after 4-0
- 23 Oct 19:42 CHELSEA, Conte: "We did not concede anything"
- 23 Oct 19:23 MAN UNITED, Mourinho: "This game started 1-0"
- 23 Oct 18:53 SOUTHAMPTON, Puel: "An interesting point with good spirit"
- 23 Oct 18:28 MAN CITY, Guardiola: "Stones was not the reason"
- 23 Oct 18:16 PL/ CHELSEA 4-0 MANCHESTER UNITED - FT
- 23 Oct 17:01 LIGA BBVA/ SEVILLE 1-0 ATLETICO MADRID - FT
- 23 Oct 16:49 PL/ CHELSEA 2-0 MANCHESTER UNITED - HT
- 23 Oct 16:13 CHELSEA youngster Chalobah to pen new deal
- 23 Oct 15:55 SERIE A / Full Time scores Matchday 9
- 23 Oct 15:29 PL/ MANCHESTER CITY 1-1 SOUTHAMPTON - FT
- 23 Oct 15:26 NAPOLI considering Ighalo move in January
- 23 Oct 15:04 PL/ CHELSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED - Official Line Ups
- 23 Oct 14:47 SERIE A / Half Time scores Matchday 9
- 23 Oct 14:41 CHELSEA, Courtois: "Conte put in a new regime"
- 23 Oct 14:16 PL/ MANCHESTER CITY 0-1 SOUTHAMPTON - HT
- 23 Oct 14:13 LIVERPOOL - Insigne's agent keen to enter talks with Reds
- 23 Oct 13:50 MAN CITY - "No truth about Alaba" says Rummenigge
- 23 Oct 13:23 BAYERN MUNICH set to bid £65m for EVERTON star Lukaku
- 23 Oct 12:56 JUVENTUS star Dybala to stay out 10-15 days after thigh injury
- 23 Oct 12:32 PL/ MANCHESTER CITY v SOUTHAMPTON - Official Line Ups
- 23 Oct 12:02 WEST HAM - Bilic: "Dramatic end, our goal is not offide"
- 23 Oct 11:30 JUVENTUS - Allegri: "This incident doesn't have to influence our season
- 23 Oct 11:03 LIVERPOOL - Henderson: "It's too early to speak about the title race"
- 23 Oct 10:35 INTER - New owners to appoint Blanc if De Boer is sacked
- 23 Oct 10:04 BARCELONA - Iniesta injury update: it's the collateral ligament
- 23 Oct 09:32 MAN UNITED - Mourinho: "I'm not a better manager after last bad months at CHELSEA"
- 23 Oct 09:01 MAN UNITED captain Rooney dropped for CHELSEA clash for injury
- 23 Oct 08:34 CHELSEA star Courtois admits to be grateful to Mourinho
- 23 Oct 00:03 ARSENAL target Fiorentina young goalie SATALINO
- 22 Oct 23:34 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL - CICCONE sign new contract for VADUZ
- 22 Oct 23:10 CHELSEA ready to try signing KEANE from Burnley
- 22 Oct 22:23 BOLTON WANDERERS weigh up signing ODEMWINGIE
- 22 Oct 21:51 LIGUE 1/ Full Time scores Matchday 10
- 22 Oct 21:43 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL - ST. GALLEN sign ARATORE on new contract
- 22 Oct 21:40 SERIE A / MILAN 1-0 JUVENTUS - FT
- 22 Oct 21:02 ARSENAL, Lucas Perez: "I don't think OZIL will leave for Real Madrid"
- 22 Oct 20:41 SERIE A / MILAN 0-0 JUVENTUS - HT
- 22 Oct 20:25 LIGA BBVA/ VALENCIA 2-3 BARCELONA - FT
- 22 Oct 20:20 BAYERN MUNICH offer ROBBEN a new contract
- 22 Oct 19:49 BUNDESLIGA/ Fulltime Scores Matchday 8
- 22 Oct 19:48 MILAN v JUVENTUS, Official Line Ups
- 22 Oct 19:41 EVERTON back for GABBIADINI in January
- 22 Oct 19:21 SERIE A / SAMPDORIA 2-1 GENOA - FT
- 22 Oct 19:09 INTER MILAN willing to try KOMPANY winter hit
- 22 Oct 18:36 FIORENTINA back for SAPONARA
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois believes that new manager Antonio Conte brought in a ‘new regime’ to change the attitude of his squad following the last disappointing season at Stamford Bridge.
“Different managers have different w
According to Italian sources Inter new owners Suning already got in mind the name for the new manager in case Frank de Boer would be sacked after othe
Currently on a deal with Las Palmas until June 2020, Spanish midfielder Vicente Gomez (28), according to Mundo Deportivo, has been targeted by Valenci
According to French media, Olympique Marseille top brass, after having signed Rudi Garcia as their new manager, have targeted 3 names for the mar
FC Köln announced having extended their deal with Japanese winger/forward Yuya Osako (26) until June 2020. Former Munich 1860 and Kashi