INTER, Stramaccioni: "Palacio is doing great"
30.10.2012 16.28 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
"There have been lots of games in which Sampdoria have played well but come away empty-handed. We shouldn't be fooled by the league position they're in at the moment. They'll want to get things back on track and take points away from San Siro. Their team is well equipped to cause us difficulties but we're trying to prepare for this encounter as best as we possibly can." Andrea Stramaccioni assessed the opponents Inter face tomorrow in the midweek Serie A clash at the Stadio Meazza, which kicks off at 20:45.
The coach was also keen to stress that all thoughts are on Wednesday's game, and not Juventus v Inter: "You ask me if I'm able not to think about Juventus? Yes, personally I am able to do that. I take games one at a time and try to give everything without making any mistakes. We really are taking each game as it comes because matching our rivals' results in each game is crucial. At the moment I have to beat Samp and I think it's going to be extremely tough. We must make sure Inter go out there hungry to win and with an attacking mindset."
Andrea Stramccioni was asked about Antonio Cassano and Andrea Ranocchia during his press conference before Inter v Sampdoria: "Antonio didn't feel great at the end of the match because of his neck pain, but that sort of problem tends to come and go suddenly. He's trained the last two days and he's fine, he should be fine. As for Ranocchia, you want to know if I'll field him tomorrow considering that he's one booking away from suspension? He is close to a suspension, that's true, as is Guarin. It's a choice I have to make, a risk that I might or might not take, but I'm only thinking about Sampdoria at the moment, without making too many calculations, because if we don't win the games in the run-up to Saturday's head-to-head clash then it won't be a head-to-head anymore. In any case, Ranocchia is doing superbly, both in terms of morale and his performances. He's one of the best defenders in the league at the moment. It's entirely my decision whether or not to field him, whether or not to take that risk. I'll sleep on it tonight."
Stramaccioni then said of Guarin: "He's a player we're counting on a lot. I don't have an awful lot of experience but I have enough to know that you can't always be on top form, though in any case he's never played badly. I have full confidence in him."
The Nerazzurri coach was then quizzed about Ricky Alvarez: "He has a lot of potential but he's also been rather unlucky. I think one thing I'm good at is showing faith in players if they deserve it beforehand, not just after they've scored three goals. After three goals they're confident enough by themselves anyway. Ricky just needs to come up with a bit of magic or a goal to boost his confidence even further. He just needs to get beyond that stage, he might only need a single moment to get going and become a crowd favourite."
What's Esteban Cambiasso's secret? "He's playing well. He's happy, I'm happy. He's playing well like many others. It's important to play well but it's even more important that you keep playing well. And I think the team is doing that on the pitch."
The coach also commented on Rodrigo Palacio, Joel Obi, Juan Jesus and Wesley Sneijder: "Palacio is doing great but so are all our strikers. Obi's old injury flared up a little, nothing serious, but he's a Swarovski... [he smiles] so we've wrapped him up for a bit. He's too important a prospect for us. Will Juan Jesus's suspension be a problem? He's doing brilliantly, no doubt about that, but no team depends on one or two players. When will Sneijder return? I hope he can start working towards a return after the Juventus game, we'll see when the doctor feels is the right time to bring him back."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 25 May 21:41 Inter, Zanetti: "Medel is important for us, it remains here"
- 23 May 22:15 Lazio, postive meeting with Prandelli
- 23 May 18:11 Napoli, the promise made by Higuain to Sarri: "I'll see you in Dimaro"
- 23 May 18:01 Inter, Moratti and Suning agreement: "Possible news soon"
- 23 May 17:57 Zanetti: "Simeone would coach Inter, but Mancini is a great coach"
- 23 May 17:45 Roma, Pallotta arrives in June. Totti and stadium on the agenda
- 23 May 17:06 Seria A, top 11 of Italian Championship according to UEFA
- 23 May 16:53 Inter, fixed Brozovic price: costs 25 mln euro
- 17 May 22:16 Milan, Bacca: "Saturday we have the opportunity to raise a new cup"
- 17 May 20:55 Fiorentina, Zarate: "I'am happy for my season in Florence"
- 17 May 20:10 Roma, Sabatini: Digne? "We will find an agreement with Paris Saint Germain"
- 17 May 12:20 LAZIO, Defining agreement with Jorge Sampaoli as next manager
- 16 May 16:13 LAZIO, Klose: "Leaving is not my decision"
- 16 May 09:35 TURIN to appoint Giampaolo if Ventura leaves
- 15 May 18:30 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting with River Plate on Alario
- 15 May 16:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Raul Asencio extend his deal with Genoa
- 12 May 20:15 Milan, ag. Bacca: "Future? We will talk with club after the Italian Cup final"
- 09 May 07:06 ATALANTA, Club icon Bellini quits after having scored last goal
- 06 May 09:52 PALERMO - Vazquez to leave
- 06 May 07:58 AS ROMA, Sabatini on Giallorossi midfield stars: "I want to keep Nainggolan and Pjanic"
- 05 May 11:33 VERONA - Luca Toni announces retirement
- 05 May 08:55 LAZIO, De Vrij hits pitch back after 9 months long injury
- 04 May 11:38 LAZIO - To move for Ben Arfa
- 04 May 11:01 HELLAS VERONA, Luca Toni announces quitting
- 04 May 10:31 NAPOLI - Hamsik: "I can't even imagine what would happen"
- 04 May 10:14 LAZIO - Pioli: "Happy for Claudio"
- 02 May 21:19 SERIE A - Genoa - Roma - FULL TIME
- 02 May 14:44 JUVENTUS - Morata to stay
- 02 May 10:03 MILAN - Ready to join the chase for Vilhena
- 02 May 09:49 JUVENTUS tracking BARCELONA's Mascherano
- 01 May 10:43 JUVENTUS - Set for Pogba extension
- 30 Apr 20:35 SERIE A - ChievoVerona 0 - 0 Fiorentina - HALF TIME
- 30 Apr 18:46 SERIE A - Udinese 1 - 5 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 17:26 JUVENTUS - Front runners for Batshuayi
- 30 Apr 17:16 SERIE A - Udinese 0 - 1 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 15:20 LAZIO - To appoint Fatih Terim
- 30 Apr 12:43 JUVENTUS - Target Kante if Pogba leaves
- 30 Apr 12:20 ROMA - De Sanctis to extend his contract
- 30 Apr 12:11 JUVENTUS - Bonucci keen on Serie A stay
- 30 Apr 11:08 NAPOLI - Mertens: "I'm fine here, but I need an extension to remain"
- 30 Apr 10:53 ANDERLECHT - Praet to join Fiorentina
- 30 Apr 09:53 FIORENTINA - Mazzarri to replace Sousa?
- 30 Apr 09:41 JUVENTUS- Neto to leave
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 28 Apr 17:21 ROMA - El Shaarawy wants to stay
- 28 Apr 16:43 TORINO - Paredes first target
- 28 Apr 12:46 ROMA - Pjanic or Nainggolan to leave
- 28 Apr 12:22 ROMA - Caceres in the spotlight
- 28 Apr 08:42 INTER - Mancini to accept Italy job
- 28 Apr 08:29 LAZIO - To bid for Pellé
- 27 Apr 15:12 JUVENTUS - Oscar-Isco to replace Cuadrado-Morata
- 27 Apr 14:53 FIORENTINA - Tottenham set to move for Kalinic
- 27 Apr 14:42 JUVENTUS - Evra: "I've not take a decision yet"
- 27 Apr 12:42 JUVENTUS - Eyes on Liverpool target Zielinski
- 26 Apr 20:09 TRANSFER MARKET - Two clubs interested in AS ROMA's Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 19:33 JUVENTUS - Allegri gets contract extension
- 26 Apr 13:24 INTER - Offered Thauvin
- 26 Apr 12:17 JUVENTUS - Morata uncertain about future
- 26 Apr 11:57 FIORENTINA - Eyes on Praet and Missiroli
- 26 Apr 11:44 LAZIO - Time to choose the manager
- 26 Apr 11:32 TORINO - set to bid for Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 10:39 INTER - Ajax Sporting Director: "No meeting set for El Ghazi"
- 26 Apr 01:09 FIORENTINA - Kalinic not eager to leave
- 25 Apr 20:45 JUVENTUS - Allegri to extend his contract
- 25 Apr 20:33 ROMA - Szczesny: "Roma and Arsenal are in negotiations"
- 25 Apr 20:06 JUVENTUS - Marotta: "Cavani? He is an opportunity"
- 25 Apr 19:51 INTER - Man United to beat Nerazzurri for Feghouli
- 25 Apr 19:50 Carpi v Empoli 1 -0 FT score
- 25 Apr 19:12 LAZO - Borini set for Serie A return
- 25 Apr 17:52 SERIE A - Verona 2-1 Milan - Final Score
- 25 Apr 17:29 SERIE A - Verona 1-1 Milan - Live Score
- 24 Apr 21:42 SERIE A - Fiorentina 1 - 2 Juventus - Full Time Result
- 24 Apr 20:49 SERIE A - Fiorentina 0 - 1 Juventus - Half Time Result
- 24 Apr 16:00 SERIE A/ 14:00 KO – Full-time scores
- 24 Apr 14:49 SERIE A/ 14:00 BST Games – Halftime scores
- 23 Apr 20:43 SERIE A - Inter Milan 1-1 Udinese (Half Time)
- 23 Apr 19:15 INTER v UDINESE- Official Line Ups
- 23 Apr 11:29 JUVENTUS - Keen on Tourè and Fernando
- 23 Apr 10:52 JUVENTUS - André Gomes first choice in midfield
- 23 Apr 10:41 MILAN - El Ghazi could join rivals
- 23 Apr 10:33 LAZIO - Gabbiadini or Lapadula to replace Klose
- 23 Apr 09:33 ATALANTA - Cigarini wants to stay
- 23 Apr 09:14 INTER - Jovetic to stay
- 23 Apr 08:57 SERIE A - Roma v Napoli: Predicted Line Ups
- 23 Apr 08:08 INTER - Join the race with Juventus and Milan for Gabriel Jesus
- 22 Apr 14:01 INTER - £4m for Ansaldi
- 22 Apr 13:54 INTER - Eyes on Candreva
- 22 Apr 13:44 ARSENAL - Keen on Emiliano Viviano again
- 22 Apr 13:25 INTER - £18m to sign Boufal
- 22 Apr 13:12 GENOA - Join the race for Lapadula and Caprari
- 22 Apr 08:46 UDINESE - Thereau: "I dream of playing with OM"
- 22 Apr 08:36 MILAN - Carlos Bacca angry with Christian Brocchi
- 22 Apr 08:02 LAZIO - New York Red Bulls keen on Miroslav Klose
- 21 Apr 20:50 SASSUOLO - Eusebio Di Francesco gets new contract
- 21 Apr 10:13 JUVENTUS - To bid for Mustafi
- 21 Apr 09:06 ROMA - Spalletti eyed for Italy national team job
- 20 Apr 21:41 SERIE A/19:45 KO Games, Fulltime Scores
- 20 Apr 19:17 SERIE A/Sassuolo 0 - 0 Sampdoria Full Time
- 20 Apr 10:42 NAPOLI - Mertens to extend after hat trick
- 26 May 20:49 MANCHESTER UNTED - Ferdinand: "Congratulations to Jose"
- 26 May 20:29 EVERTON - Hopes for Koeman decreasing
- 26 May 20:12 ARSENAL - Besiktas want Ospina
- 26 May 19:48 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Wijnaldum's agent: "Roma is a great club"
- 26 May 19:29 SWANSEA - Guidolin wants to keep Ayew
- 26 May 19:12 NEWCASTLE UNITED - Benitez: "It's a challenge"
- 26 May 18:48 LIVERPOOL - Reds bid for left-back Guerreiro
- 26 May 18:29 LIVERPOOL - Reds join race to sign Reece Oxford
- 26 May 18:12 MARSEILLE - Batshuayi: "I will move after Euro's"
- 26 May 17:59 NAPOLI, From Italy: Reina offered himself to Barça
- 26 May 17:46 BAYERN MUNICH - Rummenigge: "Gotze must make his own decision"
- 26 May 17:26 BREAKING NEWS - Mourinho appointed as United manager
- 26 May 17:14 WALES - Ramsey: "We're looking to exploit England"
- 26 May 17:00 INTER, Duel to Juventus on Bentancur
- 26 May 16:43 LIVERPOOL - Balotelli set for Red's return
- 26 May 16:28 ARSENAL, Ozil will negotiate renewal after Euro 2016
- 26 May 16:12 EVERTON - Lukaku: "I have to make a good career choice"
- 26 May 16:00 AC MILAN, 6 suitors for José Mauri
- 26 May 15:47 MANCHESTER UNITED - Ibrahimovic to United
- 26 May 15:38 BARCELONA FC, Dani Alves' agent: "I met Juventus, as well as other clubs"
- 26 May 15:30 BENFICA, Lisandro Lopez's agent: "Fiorentina would be a great destination for him"
- 26 May 15:15 ARSENAL, Koulibaly on target
- 26 May 15:00 FC SEVILLE, Approaching Djibril Sidibé
- 26 May 14:45 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Walter Samuel quits pro football
- 26 May 14:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hoffenheim sign Kramaric on a full basis from Leicester
- 26 May 14:17 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Olympiakos sign Diogo Figueiras
- 26 May 14:04 LEICESTER CITY, Eyes on Brozovic: possible duel to Arsenal, Chelsea and AS Roma
- 26 May 13:51 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Trying to close in on Emre Mor
- 26 May 13:39 ENGLAND/ WATFORD, An Italian suitor for Britos
- 26 May 13:22 HAMBURG, Duel to Italian giants on Mario Rui
- 26 May 13:07 LIVERPOOL, Skrtel's agent: "90% chances for him to leave. Besiktas are interested"
- 26 May 12:56 MANCHESTER UNITED to steal Chelsea target Manolas
- 26 May 12:41 MANCHESTER CITY - Yaya Toure wants to stay in spite of Guardiola
- 26 May 12:29 ATLETICO MADRID - Nothing decided over Griezmann
- 26 May 12:17 GRANADA to be sold to a new Chinese ownership
- 26 May 12:01 REAL MADRID - Ronaldo to extend
- 26 May 11:46 INTER MILAN - Leonardo: "Simeone will have desire to go back"
- 26 May 11:32 NAPOLI put eyes on Henriksen
- 26 May 11:16 MILAN to let four players leave
- 26 May 11:01 CELTIC - Chris Davies appointed as assistant manager
- 26 May 10:48 NAPOLI lining up a summer move for Vrsaljko
- 26 May 10:32 MANCHESTER UNITED set sights on Willian
- 26 May 10:12 JUVENTUS have to decide on Domenico Berardi
- 26 May 09:58 MANCHESTER UNITED to appoint Mourinho by Friday
- 26 May 09:42 JUVENTUS - Allegri keen on Gotze
- 26 May 09:27 NEWCASTLE - Benitez: "Pleased to be staying"
- 26 May 09:16 JUVENTUS put eyes on Dani Alves
- 26 May 09:01 VALENCIA - Neville to leave the club
- 26 May 08:48 MANCHESTER UNITED - Jose Mourinho wants Willian
- 25 May 22:41 OFFICIAL: Arsenal, Arteta and Rosicky do not renew contracts
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told Kicker magazine that he has discussed with Mario Gotze his future at the club and told him he needs to make his own decision on his future.
"I had talks with him [Mario] and [Carlo] Ancelotti. Mario knows the tho
Inter vicepresident Javier Zanetti has spoken at Radio Cooperativa, about Gary Medel's future. "Gary is a very important player for us, for i
Barcelona defender Thomas Vermaelen has spoken at Sky Sports UK about his future: "I do not want to leave Barcelona, but the last few months have
Mikel Arteta and Tomas Rosicky will not be Arsenal's players. The Gunners have already informed FA that both contracts will not be renewed.
Donato Di Campli, Marco Verratti's agent has spoken at Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli: "Verratti is starting with great calm, between eight weeks wil
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told Kicker magazine that he has discussed with Mario Gotze his future at the club and told him he needs