ITALY/ ROMA, Zeman: "De Rossi didn’t play as a regista"
30.10.2012 17.00 by TM W
© foto di Marco Iorio/Image Sport
Here the words of As Roma coach, Zdenek Zeman, for the clash against Parma.
I don’t believe that our growth process was wiped out with Sunday night’s defeat. We played good football against both Bologna and Udinese. Unfortunately we paid for careless errors. Is our game predictable? After the first half hour we could have been up 4-0, so it doesn’t seem to me that our game was so predictable. Are we only holding out physically for the first 30 minutes? I don’t believe so. In Genoa we came back in the second half.
I still haven’t decided who will replace Tachtsidis in front of the defence. De Rossi didn’t play as a regista in the past seasons – Pizarro covered that role – and last year he also played as a central defender. Daniele has played for eight years as a right-sided midfielder, so he shouldn’t have any problems playing this role now. I never said that De Rossi couldn’t play as a regista; my thoughts are that it’s not his natural role. He’s only played a few times in that position and always in an emergency. The same goes for Pjanic, who has never played that role.
I’m happy with the squad. Everyone can turn out to be useful and find his place. And then things always depend on the times in which the players are called up. I don’t like this game of letting go of players who don’t play. If that’s the way we think then we’ll end up with only eleven players. The negative judgment towards my players? It always depends on the moment. If the team wins the players are serious, and if they lose they’re all spoilt and lazy. I don’t see it that way. Is the group united? We have many foreign players and integrating them takes time, as it happens in every team.
Nico Lopez? It is always a question of choices, and we can only field eleven players. Now you’re all happy with Lamela’s form, as I am. I work for Roma, not against Roma, and I have no need to change. Dodô? He’s not at 100%, but he showed some lovely things on Sunday evening. Now he has to find consistency. Are there too many players in question? They need to climb the ranks based on what they do on the pitch and what the team needs. I always try to use the players I can rely upon most, week in and week out. And then the hierarchies can always change depending on physical and mental states. This is a normal process since there’s competition in every team.
ARMERO V TACHTSIDIS
Did I see the incident? Yes, Armero spat at Tachtsidis. Oddly on TV they showed the replay of the time that he spat at the ground, which had nothing to do with it.
They’re playing well, but in Turin they let in a goal and then recovered. Amauri has started scoring again and is always a threat. I believe Donadoni is doing excellent work with a team that isn’t ranked the highest yet manages to play attractive football.
Unfortunately we threw away six points in the games against Bologna and Udinese at the Stadio Olimpico. We’d be sitting much better in the standings if we had those points. In my opinion we put in some good performances, but unfortunately we couldn’t keep them up over 90 minutes. Most of all in those two games I mentioned we made several mistakes that influenced the result. We need to improve in this sense and find consistency and focus for the full 90 minutes of play.
DESTRO AND FLORENZI
I believe Destro is an important player for us, but the problem is that you play with 11 men and I field 3 forwards up top, which some say are too many. Right now Osvaldo, Totti and Lamela give me a certain sense of trust, which is why I chose them. But I repeat, Destro is an important player. We’ll need him and he’ll do well with us. How is Florenzi doing? He picked up a knock in training, but he’s been called up to the squad.
Do I still believe in third place? Yes, of course. As far as our performances are concerned I think we’ve showed we can compete with anyone, although unfortunately not over the full 90 minutes yet. This is what has always happened, except in Turin.
I think a coach has to have some personal ideas and introduce them or try to carry them out by way of his players. I’m open to discussing them. But I also believe in my ideas, and until someone convinces me otherwise I’ll continue down my own path.
TACTICAL CHANGE FROM THE PAST
Tactically this year we’re trying to play a different kind of football compared to what the team played last year, so it’s normal that these kinds of changes take time to be fully digested. From this point of view we have to improve most of all in defence. In fact, the 4 defenders still aren’t moving together in harmony as a close-knit group that plays together. This isn’t easy, and we also have to consider that often the four defenders in question are new players who showed up this year, so they’re taking to the pitch for the first time together.
There were some lapses in concentration and we paid dearly for them. Who’s responsible for them? I’m the coach and it’s normal for me to speak up first, although they are often individual rather than team mistakes. But I repeat, we have to improve our concentration, in addition to the consistency of our performances.
Other news Transfer market
- 25 Jul 17:44 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Never talked about Eto'o"
- 25 Jul 17:30 ITALY/ INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 17:15 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Andres Fernandez about to join
- 25 Jul 16:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Still aiming to sign Joel Campbell from Arsenal
- 25 Jul 16:50 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Monaco: arrives Bakayoko
- 25 Jul 16:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Nené joins Hellas Verona
- 25 Jul 16:15 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Medicals for Bebé
- 25 Jul 16:09 UKRAINE/ SHAKHTAR, Facundo Ferreyra returns
- 25 Jul 15:29 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Trading with Chelsea for Marin
- 25 Jul 15:14 BRAZI/ OFFICIAL, Allione join Palmeiras
- 25 Jul 14:49 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Juventus sign Pereyra
- 25 Jul 14:30 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Carroll set for four-month lay-off
- 25 Jul 14:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan, arrives Forte
- 25 Jul 14:15 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Jackson Martinez: "I can't say where I'd like to go"
- 25 Jul 14:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, agreement for Perez
- 25 Jul 11:58 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Gerrard deal expected
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 11:14 ENGLAND/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - WBA: medicals for Cristian Gamboa
- 25 Jul 10:59 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Working for Origi
- 25 Jul 10:44 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, five-year deal for Casillas
- 25 Jul 10:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montpellier sign Deza on permanent basis
- 25 Jul 10:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Sprint for Kurtic
- 25 Jul 10:00 FRANCE/ STRABOURG, Agreement for Bahoken
- 25 Jul 09:40 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Chiellini likely to renew
- 25 Jul 09:17 COSTA RICA/ OFFICIAL, Pinto is no longer the NT coach
- 25 Jul 08:57 PSG, Blanc: "Conte? My suitcases aren't ready"
- 25 Jul 08:39 BAYERN, Shaqiri turns out transfer rumors
- 25 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Javi Garcia's agent: "We are not in talks with Napoli"
- 25 Jul 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Torres has a home here"
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 25 Jul 01:37 FRANCE/ PSG, Di Maria could replace Lavezzi
- 25 Jul 01:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Zaccardo will stay
- 25 Jul 00:59 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Sprint for Behrami
- 25 Jul 00:39 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Idea Viviano
- 25 Jul 00:20 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Eyes on Nani
- 25 Jul 00:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Fernando
- 24 Jul 23:37 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Coke renews with Sevilla
- 24 Jul 23:17 ITALY/ GENOA, Campagnaro farther
- 24 Jul 22:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Keen on Casillas
- 24 Jul 22:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Rossettini renews with Cagliari
- 24 Jul 22:20 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica sign Eliseu
- 24 Jul 22:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Agreement for Basanta
- 24 Jul 21:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Rulli joins Real Sociedad
- 24 Jul 21:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AS Roma sign Sanabria
- 24 Jul 21:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Super offer for Marquinhos ready
- 24 Jul 21:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Malonga quits Cesena
- 24 Jul 20:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montpellier sign Gissi
- 24 Jul 20:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Astori joins Roma
- 24 Jul 20:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover sign Gülselam
- 24 Jul 20:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Magnusson joins Cesena
While Italian international winger and forward Alessio Cerci (27) is hard to get, AC Milan management, despite the negotiations on having Mario Balotelli transferred to Arsenal blew up, are still aiming to sign Costa Rican star Joel Campbell (22), currently on a deal with Gunners
For the 2014/15 season Inter will play in a new away kit boldly proclaiming their status as the true team of Milan. The new away shirt has a ribbed cr
Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has declared: "We can't talk about Torres. He's in another team, at the moment very well, we&
Interviewed by Tuttonapoli.net, Manuel Garcia Quillon, agent of Manchester City midfielder Javi Garcia, has declared: "I am not involved in an
PSG coach Jean-Claude Blanc has declared: "Conte? My suitcases aren't ready. In this line of work, you don't even have the time to unp