REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 15.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 24 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ramos is important for us"
- 23 Jan 06:00 REAL, Ronaldo's agent: "He could end his career in Madrid"
- 22 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Suarez won't leave"
- 21 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Never to Real"
- 20 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Siqueira's agent: "The club wants to keep him"
- 19 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Rodríguez: "Looking forward to join Parma"
- 18 Jan 06:30 RAYO, Jemez: "Training the national team would be an honor"
- 17 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "He still wants to leave"
- 16 Jan 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We are not after Januzaj"
- 15 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "We all want Messi to stay"
- 14 Jan 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We're trying to reinforce our offensive line"
- 13 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Suarez won't leave"
- 12 Jan 17:23 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo was fantastic for Madrid in 2014"
- 12 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "I have no intention to leave"
- 11 Jan 06:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "As long as the team will follow me, I'll stay"
- 10 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "We need no new players"
- 09 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "A new contract? If the club wants to.."
- 08 Jan 13:16 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo was a bit tired"
- 08 Jan 09:59 REAL MADRID, Marcelo: "Atletico played the long ball and used dirty tricks"
- 08 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, ter Stegen: "I want to succeed here"
- 07 Jan 15:54 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Messi? Things that go on in the dressing room stay there"
- 07 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "No offers for Oliver Torres"
- 05 Jan 20:34 BARCELONA, Messi misses training with stomach illness
- 05 Jan 19:30 REAL MADRID, Pepe: "There is a lot left to play for in the league"
- 05 Jan 06:00 SEVILLA, Gameiro: "I could move back to France"
- 04 Jan 07:29 BARCELONA FC, Dani Alves: "The contract expiring is really not my problem"
- 03 Jan 06:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "My future is here"
- 01 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I want to end my career at River, but.."
- 31 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Bale won't leave"
- 30 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "The new contract? No problem"
- 29 Dec 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "A couple of players could join"
- 28 Dec 06:30 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo's agent: "He will end his career here"
- 25 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Neymar's agent: "Ready to sign the new contract"
- 24 Dec 06:29 ATLETICO, Burgos: "Torres back? It would be great"
- 23 Dec 06:00 VALENCIA, Javi Fuego: "I have no intention to leave"
- 22 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "I'm not worried about the renewal"
- 21 Dec 06:30 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "We want Montoya to stay"
- 20 Dec 06:00 MALAGA, Santa Cruz: "I am not thinking about the transfer market"
- 19 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Hernandez's agent: "In January he won't move"
- 18 Dec 06:59 BARCELONA FC, Xavi: "We want to win all this year. I'm still excited as at the start of my career"
- 17 Dec 18:30 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I want to be like Guardiola"
- 17 Dec 00:15 REAL MADRID, Jese: "You better take cover when Ancelotti gets angry"
- 16 Dec 19:39 LIGA SCANDAL, United's Ander Herrera denies match-fixing claims
- 16 Dec 06:00 MALAGA, Recio: "I want to spend my career here"
- 15 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "I am not worried about my new contract"
- 12 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "The transfer market? It depends from the injuries"
- 11 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Montoya away? We admire him"
- 08 Dec 06:29 GRANADA, Nyom: "Honored by Barcelona interest"
- 07 Dec 06:30 ESPANYOL, Héctor Moreno: "I want to play for a top club"
- 06 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "In January he will leave"
- 05 Dec 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to remain for many years"
- 04 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "Ancelotti must stay with us for a long time"
- 03 Dec 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto's agent: "No contacts with Inter"
- 02 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Asensio won't join in January"
- 01 Dec 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I admire Pogba"
- 30 Nov 06:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "I am not seeking a defender"
- 29 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mathieu: "We'll see if the club will sign another center back"
- 28 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Simeone has a contract and is happy"
- 27 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Cerci away? Ask our Sporting Director"
- 26 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA, Bitolo: "Honored by Napoli's interest, but.."
- 24 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi is happy here"
- 23 Nov 06:30 ATLETICO M. Cerezo: "We are not thinking about selling Jimenez"
- 22 Nov 06:29 ATLETICO M., Moyà: "Oblak is our future"
- 21 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi is happy with us"
- 20 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I would like to renew"
- 19 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Krychowiak"
- 18 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "Napoli never made an offer"
- 17 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Just rumors about Simeone"
- 16 Nov 06:30 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I would like to play in England, but.."
- 15 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA FC, Monchi: "No offers for Vitolo"
- 14 Nov 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "I had many offers from England, but.."
- 13 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, S. Ramos: "No problems about my new deal"
- 12 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "Sterling and Barkley can play for Barça"
- 11 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I have no intention to leave in January"
- 10 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We would like to keep Zuculini"
- 07 Nov 10:00 FC SEVILLE, Pareja: "We are improving and limiting our weaknesses"
- 07 Nov 06:19 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "I feel always better in this team"
- 06 Nov 10:19 BARCELONA, Messi matches Raúl González's goal record with double at Ajax
- 06 Nov 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Maybe next Monday we'll have a new coach"
- 05 Nov 06:39 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "Now let's defeat Olympiakos and celebrate qualification"
- 04 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about my new contract"
- 03 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Luis Enrique is not at risk"
- 02 Nov 06:00 GRANADA, Murillo: "I deam of Barça"
- 01 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Alcacer: "No hurry about my renewal"
- 31 Oct 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I can still give a lot to this club"
- 30 Oct 06:00 SEVILLA, Mbia: "Coming here was my priority"
- 29 Oct 07:59 REAL MADRID, Marcelo: "The secret for defeating Barça was running and fighting"
- 28 Oct 06:29 ATLETICO, Mandzukic: "I had offers from Italy, but.."
- 24 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I would like to end my career here"
- 23 Oct 13:44 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo in no hurry to break Raul's record
- 23 Oct 13:35 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo makes $1 billion release clause seem justifiable
- 22 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 21 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I'd like to move back to England"
- 20 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "We are not after Sterling"
- 19 Oct 06:29 REAL MADRID, Butragueño: "Khedira could renew"
- 18 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about Khedira's new contract"
- 17 Oct 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "We'll try to keep Beto"
- 16 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Casillas going nowhere"
- 15 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Alves' agent: "No contacts with other clubs"
- 14 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "No offers for Pedro"
- 25 Jan 00:00 ITALY/ INTER, Summer plan for signing Yaya Touré
- 24 Jan 23:00 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING BRAGA, 2 rivals towards Lazio's Pereirinha
- 24 Jan 22:00 ENGLAND/ WBA, Duel to Premier League and Serie A suitors for M'Vila
- 24 Jan 21:00 ITALY/ INTER, Cassano might join back
- 24 Jan 20:00 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Olympiakos sign Franco Jara
- 24 Jan 19:39 ITALY/ AS ROMA: Duel to Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus on Lacazette
- 24 Jan 19:20 ARGENTINA/ RACING AVELLANEDA, Eyes on Papu Gomez
- 24 Jan 19:00 CORINTHIANS & SAO PAULO, Pato offered to Everton
- 24 Jan 18:37 ITALY/ INTER, Almost done for Brozovic
- 24 Jan 18:17 ITALY/ TORINO, Steps forward towards Osvaldo
- 24 Jan 17:59 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Romulo might join Hellas Verona back
- 24 Jan 17:39 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Not giving up on Illarramendi
- 24 Jan 17:20 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Savic joins Watford
- 24 Jan 17:00 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Medical checks for Eto'o
- 24 Jan 16:27 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Diego Rodriguez joins Independiente Avellaneda
- 24 Jan 15:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, RCD Mallorca sign Xisco
- 24 Jan 15:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bologna sign Mbaye on loan from Inter
- 24 Jan 14:59 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Jaime Ayovi joins Godoy Cruz back
- 24 Jan 14:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Wigan yield Watson to Watford
- 24 Jan 14:00 CHINA/ OFFICIAL, Shanghai Shenhua sign Papadopoulos
- 24 Jan 13:37 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Approaching Henrique
- 24 Jan 13:17 SPAIN/ RAYO VALLECANO, Correa about to join on loan from Atletico
- 24 Jan 12:59 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Big plan for signing Bale
- 24 Jan 12:39 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Larrondo joins Tigre
- 24 Jan 12:20 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Kuyt willing to join back
- 24 Jan 12:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid sign Lucas Silva
- 24 Jan 11:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Hamdi joins Brest
- 24 Jan 10:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Vasco da Gama sign Serginho
- 24 Jan 09:00 ITALY/ ROMA, Attempt for Luiz Adriano
- 24 Jan 08:30 USA/ OFFICIAL, Grana joins Columbus
- 24 Jan 07:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Felipe Anderson still injured
- 24 Jan 07:27 LILLE, Girard: "Nothing going on about my future"
- 24 Jan 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "No hurry about Guardiola's renewal"
- 24 Jan 06:29 CHELSEA, Ramires' agent: "No negotiations for his departure"
- 24 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ramos is important for us"
- 24 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Benitez wants to stay"
- 23 Jan 23:27 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid sign Lucas Silva
- 23 Jan 22:57 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montpellier sign Sotoca
- 23 Jan 22:29 HOLLAND/ PSV, Eyes on Diego Reyes
- 23 Jan 21:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Anderson renews with Burnley
- 23 Jan 21:30 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Tomorrow medicals for Gilardino
- 23 Jan 21:00 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Dundee sign McGowan
- 23 Jan 20:37 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Erciyesspor sign Drenthe
- 23 Jan 20:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Larrondo joins Tigre
- 23 Jan 19:59 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Lierse sign Capdevila
- 23 Jan 19:39 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Two new players for Santos
- 23 Jan 19:20 CYRPUS/ OFFICIAL, APOEL sign Lanig
- 23 Jan 19:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Davila joins Vitoria
- 23 Jan 18:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Brillante joins Empoli
- 23 Jan 18:30 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Eyes on Koka
According to latest news reported in Italian media, highlighted by La Gazzetta dello Sport, Inter manager Roberto Mancini, with the consent of Neroazzurri owner, Erick Thohir, is planning to sign Ivorian international half-back Yaya Touré (31). Former
Interviewed by Sky Sport, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has declared about his first team's coach Rafa Benitez: "He wants to remain
Real Madrid coach Sergio Ramos has declared about 28-year-old defender Sergio Ramos: "He has always given everything for the team, he is motivate
Interviewed by LP Sports, Luis Carlini, agent of Chelsea midfielder Ramires, has declared: "There are no negotiations underway for a departure of
Interviewed by Tele Radio Stereo, Donato Di Campli, agent of PSG midfielder Marco Verratti, has declared: "Thinking that in the last days of the
Interviewed by TZ, Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has declared about the first team's coach Pep Guardiola: "I hope that he will stay