REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 15.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 04 Mar 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 03 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Kroos: "I am very well here"
- 02 Mar 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto: "Inter or Real? I'm focused on my team"
- 01 Mar 06:30 VALENCIA, Salvo: "We want to extend Gayà's deal"
- 28 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "No problems about Simeone's renewal"
- 27 Feb 18:44 VILLARREAL, Marcelino: "I would prefer any other team than a Spanish side"
- 27 Feb 15:00 VILLARREAL, Cheryshev: "Defeating Red Bull demanded us a lot"
- 27 Feb 13:22 VILLARREAL v FC SEVILLE, Europa League Spanish derby
- 27 Feb 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 26 Feb 03:57 ATLETICO MADRID, Gabi: "We can reverse the outcome at Calderon"
- 25 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Luis Enrique will remain for the next season too"
- 24 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Busquets: "I would like to play in England one day"
- 23 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Extending my deal? We share the same targets"
- 22 Feb 06:30 ELCHE, Jonathas: "Don't know anything about Sevilla"
- 21 Feb 03:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "We want to win it all this season"
- 20 Feb 03:03 REAL MADRID, Kroos: "Ronaldo wrong to host party after derby debacle"
- 18 Feb 06:00 ESPANYOL, Sergio Garcia's agent: "He has refused an offer from China"
- 17 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Espirito Santo: "Gayà going nowhere"
- 16 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Miranda: "I am happy here"
- 14 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Javi Fuego: "No contacts for my new contract"
- 13 Feb 20:39 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Rosell to answer for Neymar transfer"
- 13 Feb 06:00 SEVILLA, Deulofeu: "Back to Barça? Don't want to talk about it"
- 12 Feb 10:14 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "I never doubted about the club"
- 11 Feb 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto: "I am not thinking about Real"
- 10 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Griezmann: "I could have joined Barcelona"
- 09 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Many clubs were after Saul"
- 07 Feb 06:29 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "The new contract? I am waiting"
- 06 Feb 17:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "I never felt relevant at AC Milan"
- 06 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Pedro: "I am happy here"
- 05 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I hope to stay"
- 04 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "Happy of our transfer market campaign"
- 03 Feb 11:36 BARCELONA, Ter Stegen: "We have a chance in all three competitions"
- 30 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone's son: "One day he will move to Italy"
- 29 Jan 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We are in talks for Gayà's new deal"
- 28 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi will remain for a long time"
- 27 Jan 06:00 ATHLETIC, Laporte: "I'm not thinking about moving to England"
- 26 Jan 16:30 BARCELONA, Neymar: "Ronaldo should be punished"
- 26 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Butragueno: "Illarramendi is a Real player"
- 24 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ramos is important for us"
- 23 Jan 06:00 REAL, Ronaldo's agent: "He could end his career in Madrid"
- 22 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Suarez won't leave"
- 21 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Never to Real"
- 20 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Siqueira's agent: "The club wants to keep him"
- 19 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Rodríguez: "Looking forward to join Parma"
- 18 Jan 06:30 RAYO, Jemez: "Training the national team would be an honor"
- 17 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "He still wants to leave"
- 16 Jan 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We are not after Januzaj"
- 15 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "We all want Messi to stay"
- 14 Jan 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We're trying to reinforce our offensive line"
- 13 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Suarez won't leave"
- 12 Jan 17:23 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo was fantastic for Madrid in 2014"
- 12 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "I have no intention to leave"
- 11 Jan 06:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "As long as the team will follow me, I'll stay"
- 10 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "We need no new players"
- 09 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "A new contract? If the club wants to.."
- 08 Jan 13:16 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo was a bit tired"
- 08 Jan 09:59 REAL MADRID, Marcelo: "Atletico played the long ball and used dirty tricks"
- 08 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, ter Stegen: "I want to succeed here"
- 07 Jan 15:54 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Messi? Things that go on in the dressing room stay there"
- 07 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "No offers for Oliver Torres"
- 05 Jan 20:34 BARCELONA, Messi misses training with stomach illness
- 05 Jan 19:30 REAL MADRID, Pepe: "There is a lot left to play for in the league"
- 05 Jan 06:00 SEVILLA, Gameiro: "I could move back to France"
- 04 Jan 07:29 BARCELONA FC, Dani Alves: "The contract expiring is really not my problem"
- 03 Jan 06:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "My future is here"
- 01 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I want to end my career at River, but.."
- 31 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Bale won't leave"
- 30 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "The new contract? No problem"
- 29 Dec 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "A couple of players could join"
- 28 Dec 06:30 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo's agent: "He will end his career here"
- 25 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Neymar's agent: "Ready to sign the new contract"
- 24 Dec 06:29 ATLETICO, Burgos: "Torres back? It would be great"
- 23 Dec 06:00 VALENCIA, Javi Fuego: "I have no intention to leave"
- 22 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "I'm not worried about the renewal"
- 21 Dec 06:30 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "We want Montoya to stay"
- 20 Dec 06:00 MALAGA, Santa Cruz: "I am not thinking about the transfer market"
- 19 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Hernandez's agent: "In January he won't move"
- 18 Dec 06:59 BARCELONA FC, Xavi: "We want to win all this year. I'm still excited as at the start of my career"
- 17 Dec 18:30 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I want to be like Guardiola"
- 17 Dec 00:15 REAL MADRID, Jese: "You better take cover when Ancelotti gets angry"
- 16 Dec 19:39 LIGA SCANDAL, United's Ander Herrera denies match-fixing claims
- 16 Dec 06:00 MALAGA, Recio: "I want to spend my career here"
- 15 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "I am not worried about my new contract"
- 12 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "The transfer market? It depends from the injuries"
- 11 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Montoya away? We admire him"
- 08 Dec 06:29 GRANADA, Nyom: "Honored by Barcelona interest"
- 07 Dec 06:30 ESPANYOL, Héctor Moreno: "I want to play for a top club"
- 06 Dec 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "In January he will leave"
- 05 Dec 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to remain for many years"
- 04 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "Ancelotti must stay with us for a long time"
- 03 Dec 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto's agent: "No contacts with Inter"
- 02 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Asensio won't join in January"
- 01 Dec 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I admire Pogba"
- 30 Nov 06:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "I am not seeking a defender"
- 29 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mathieu: "We'll see if the club will sign another center back"
- 28 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Simeone has a contract and is happy"
- 27 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Cerci away? Ask our Sporting Director"
- 26 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA, Bitolo: "Honored by Napoli's interest, but.."
- 24 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi is happy here"
- 23 Nov 06:30 ATLETICO M. Cerezo: "We are not thinking about selling Jimenez"
- 04 Mar 19:22 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Lahm: "I might not retire in 2018 after all"
- 04 Mar 19:05 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Zouma is Terry's successor"
- 04 Mar 18:48 FRANCE/ PSG, Maxwell's agent: "Close to new deal"
- 04 Mar 18:33 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ozil must improve
- 04 Mar 18:16 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, No decision on Falcao yet
- 04 Mar 18:00 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Heldt: "We have the chance to sign Nastasic"
- 04 Mar 17:47 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Eye on Sergi Darder
- 04 Mar 17:35 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone in touch with Cavani
- 04 Mar 17:15 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Lacazette for the next season
- 04 Mar 17:00 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Also Rodgers for the after Pellegrini
- 04 Mar 16:26 FRANCE/ O.M, Bielsa: "If I stay depend on the club"
- 04 Mar 16:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Eye on Dendoncker
- 04 Mar 16:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Scouts to observe in Brazil Kenedy
- 04 Mar 15:29 ITALY/ JUVE, Tevez and a deal not signed yet
- 04 Mar 15:16 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Alves'agent: "In advanced talks with other club"
- 04 Mar 15:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Duel to AC Milan on Valdifiori
- 04 Mar 14:45 WEST HAM & LIVERPOOL, Both willing to purchase Song from Barça
- 04 Mar 14:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Renewal offer submitted to Seydou Keita
- 04 Mar 14:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, A new suitor for Jovetic
- 04 Mar 14:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Eyes on Croatian youngster Coric
- 04 Mar 13:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Kramer on target again
- 04 Mar 13:29 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Attempt for Ricardo Rodriguez ready
- 04 Mar 13:14 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Boateng: "I rejected Barcelona"
- 04 Mar 12:57 GERMANY/ FC NURNBERG, Schopf likely to extend
- 04 Mar 12:43 ARSENAL, To boast three billionaires listed on Forbes
- 04 Mar 12:30 REAL MADRID & MANCHESTER UNITED, Final duel for Danilo
- 04 Mar 12:15 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Soldado might be the key for signing Bacca
- 04 Mar 12:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger admits he got it wrong when he tried to dump Coquelin
- 04 Mar 11:45 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Survey on Di Santo
- 04 Mar 11:29 ITALY/ INTER, Podolski: he will be sent back to Arsenal if...
- 04 Mar 11:14 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Offer for Calleri
- 04 Mar 11:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Bonera might renew
- 04 Mar 10:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Willing to hire Jorginho back from Hellas
- 04 Mar 10:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Duel to Liverpool and Real Madrid on Vietto
- 04 Mar 10:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Edy Reja is the new Atalanta manager
- 04 Mar 10:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Estoril fire José Couceiro
- 04 Mar 09:40 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Still keen on Handanovic
- 04 Mar 09:17 ROMANIA/ OFFICIAL, Astra fire Protassov
- 04 Mar 08:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Plan for Berardi
- 04 Mar 08:39 FRANCE/ LILLE, Trying to keep Lopes
- 04 Mar 08:19 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Granat will join Spartak
- 04 Mar 08:00 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Dreaming Guidetti
- 04 Mar 07:40 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Dnipro sign Gueye
- 04 Mar 07:17 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Misimovic retires
- 04 Mar 06:57 MONTPELLIER, Nicollin: "If Mounier wants to leave.."
- 04 Mar 06:39 BAYERN, Guardiola: "I am happy here and I will stay"
- 04 Mar 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "We are not interested in Bacca"
- 04 Mar 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 04 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Neto's agent: "Juve? We'll see.."
- 03 Mar 23:37 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Torres renews with Malaga
Lahm has exclusively revealed he may renege on his claim that he will retire from football in 2018.
The Bayern Munich captain, who quit international football after winning the World Cup with Germany in 2014, claimed upon signing a new four-year deal with his club side last su
Interviewed by gianlucadimarzio.com, Stefano Castagna -agent of 25-year-old goalkeeper Neto, whose contract with Fiorentina will expire at the end of
Interviewed by AS, Jorge Cysterpiller, agent of Villarreal forward Luciano Vietto, has declared: "Many important clubs are after hi,. He could jo
Arsenal boast three billionaires listed on Forbes annual rich list.
Alisher Usmanov, who owns 15 per cent of the north London club, is the richest
Interviewed by TMW, OM president Vincente Labrune has declared about the possibility for his team's head coach Marcelo Bielsa to join Inter Milan:
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared: "I will remain here for a long time, because I am very happy at Bayern. I want to honor my contra