REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 14.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 16 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Torres would like to come back here"
- 15 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Puyol: "I don't think I will stay"
- 14 Apr 09:45 BARCELONA FC, Zubizarreta: "Messi's renewal? Things are going quite well"
- 11 Apr 19:45 BARCELONA, Bartra out of Granada squad
- 11 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I don't want to leave"
- 10 Apr 17:15 BAYERN MUNICH, Robben: "We did well and deserved the 3-1 victory"
- 10 Apr 14:45 REAL MADRID, CR7 injured
- 10 Apr 12:17 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I do not know if Atletico deserved this win"
- 10 Apr 06:00 CELTA, Rafinha: "I am not in talks with Barça"
- 09 Apr 06:00 RAYO, Longo's agent: "He is happy in Spain"
- 08 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois elusive about his future
- 07 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Zubizarreta has no fault"
- 06 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "I am not resigning"
- 05 Apr 06:00 GRANADA, Pina: "No agreement with Real for Siqueira"
- 04 Apr 06:00 BETIS, Reyes: "I would stay even in the Second division"
- 03 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Pinto: "My future? I live day by day"
- 02 Apr 08:45 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti prepares Madrid for Dortmund reprise
- 02 Apr 08:34 ATLETICO MADRID, Gabi: "This was probably the biggest match I've played at the Camp Nou"
- 02 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "He won't leave"
- 01 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Alves: "I want to continue here"
- 31 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Real? I'll stay here or move to Chelsea"
- 30 Mar 06:59 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Many clubs after Diego Costa"
- 29 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi won't leave, as well as Martino"
- 28 Mar 06:00 GETAFE, Sarabia: "Honored of United's interest, but.."
- 27 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "No contacts with Napoli"
- 26 Mar 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Griezmann: "No contacts with PSG"
- 25 Mar 06:00 VALLADOLID, Rossi: "I would like to stay, but.."
- 24 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Villa: "The one in Brazil would be my last World Cup"
- 23 Mar 06:29 REAL SOCIEDAD, Vela: "Don't know much about my future"
- 22 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Valdes: "Martino will stay"
- 21 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, D. Lopez: "I want to stay"
- 20 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa: "I hope to be back for the CL final"
- 19 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ronaldo will end his career here"
- 18 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I also dream to train the Italian NT"
- 17 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benzema: "Here forever? I don't know"
- 16 Mar 06:29 CELTA, Mouriño: "We would like to keep Rafinha"
- 15 Mar 06:29 BETIS, Didac Vila's agent: "His future? Soon we'll see.."
- 14 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I could remain forever"
- 13 Mar 10:08 BARCELONA, Messi: "We're back to our best "
- 13 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Pogba? Why not?!"
- 12 Mar 12:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Costa: "I'm doing well in the Champions League and I'm scoring a lot "
- 12 Mar 06:15 ATLETICO, Villaverde: "Many suitors for Diego Costa"
- 11 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO/ Courtois: "False news about myself"
- 10 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We believe in our team"
- 08 Mar 06:19 REAL SOCIEDAD, Vela: "Arsenal? I am happy here"
- 07 Mar 06:15 BARCELONA, Bartra: "I am ready to become Puyol's heir"
- 06 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "I know who will replace Valdes"
- 05 Mar 06:15 REAL MADRID, Xabi Alonso: "I wouldn't mind moving to the US"
- 04 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "I will stay at least until 2017"
- 03 Mar 15:09 SPAIN, Villa: "Whenever you confront Italy, although is said to be friendly, it never is"
- 16 Apr 07:40 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Greuther Furth sign Wutz
- 16 Apr 07:17 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Wilmots will train the NT until 2018
- 16 Apr 06:57 PSG, Alex: "In two weeks I will sign a new contract"
- 16 Apr 06:39 BAYERN, Guardiola: "We want to keep Kroos, but it's up to him"
- 16 Apr 06:19 SUNDERLAND, Poyer: "I won't resign, but.."
- 16 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Torres would like to come back here"
- 16 Apr 00:00 UDINESE, Giaretta: "No contacts with Inter for Basta and Danilo"
- 15 Apr 23:37 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Anelka won't join Atletico MG
- 15 Apr 23:17 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, 5 clubs after Calhanoglu
- 15 Apr 22:59 BRAZIL/ INTERNACIONAL, Dreaming Sandro's comeback
- 15 Apr 22:39 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Sprint for Rugani
- 15 Apr 22:20 ENGLAND/ LEICESTER, Attempt for Macheda
- 15 Apr 22:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Idea Mitrovic
- 15 Apr 21:37 ARGENTINA/ ARSENAL, Palermo will be the new coach
- 15 Apr 21:17 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Eyes on Drago
- 15 Apr 20:59 GERMANY/ MAINZ, Two players will leave
- 15 Apr 20:39 ITALY/ AS ROMA, First steps for Drogba
- 15 Apr 20:20 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Emerson Sheik joins Botafogo
- 15 Apr 20:00 RUSSIA/ CSKA, Eyes on Radosevic
- 15 Apr 19:45 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Bayern sign Lulic
- 15 Apr 19:30 FRANCE/ OL, Interest for Romulo
- 15 Apr 19:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Gundogan renews with Borussia
- 15 Apr 19:00 ITALY/ GENOA, Gamberini will leave
- 15 Apr 18:45 GERMANY/ BAYER, Kampl could come back
- 15 Apr 18:30 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal fire Alfaro
- 15 Apr 18:15 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Interest for D. Sakho
- 15 Apr 18:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Auction for Cuadrado
- 15 Apr 17:45 FRANCE/ TOULOUSE, Jallet to replace Aurier
- 15 Apr 17:30 ITALY/ INTER, Idea Widmer
- 15 Apr 17:15 GERMANY/ WERDER, Eyes on Zoller
- 15 Apr 17:00 FIORENTINA & UNITED, Defining Anderson's Viola hireback
- 15 Apr 16:45 FRANCE/ O.M., Bielsa wants Mati Fernandez for next season
- 15 Apr 16:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Toby Alderweireld in the wishlist
- 15 Apr 16:15 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Survey on Castaignos
- 15 Apr 16:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "Berlusconi blew my Chelsea move"
- 15 Apr 15:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Renovation passes by the arrival of four top players
- 15 Apr 15:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Musacchio on target
- 15 Apr 15:15 ITALY/ LAZIO, Attempt for Astori ready
- 15 Apr 15:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Mike Ott joins FC Nurnberg in July
- 15 Apr 14:45 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Our quality makes me think we can finish in the top four"
- 15 Apr 14:30 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Suggestion for Destro
- 15 Apr 14:15 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Pre-agreement with Juventus for signing Berardi on loan
- 15 Apr 14:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, A Premier League suitor for Adil Rami
- 15 Apr 13:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Duel to Hellas Verona for Villalba
- 15 Apr 13:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Martin Caceres between Lazio and renewal with Juventus
- 15 Apr 13:15 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Barkley rumour dismissed
- 15 Apr 13:00 ARSENAL v WEST HAM, Preview - Wenger: "Ramsey and the Ox might not make it"
- 15 Apr 12:44 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone: " No doubts that Courtois will be able to play against Chelsea"
- 15 Apr 12:30 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Eye on Clement Chantome
- 15 Apr 12:15 ITALY/ INTER, Management ready to sell Mauro Icardi
Almost surely not joining back Manchester United, Brazilian midfielder Anderson (26), as reported by Florence newspaper La Nazione, is nearer and nearer to be hired back by Fiorentina. Viola chief executives, Daniele Pradé and Eduardo Macia, are purposefully working...
Interviewed by Rai Sport, Juventus head coach Antonio Conte has declared: "Leaving at the end of the season? As I always say, I am so...
Inteviewed by Onda Cero, Atletico de Madrid coach Diego Simeone has declared about Chelsea 30 year old forward Fernando Torres: "Of course...
Looking forward to forthcoming Premier League clash against West Ham, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger stated: "It's down to...
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared about 24 year old midfielder Toni Kroos: "Bayern's executives will do all they can to...
Interviewed by globoesporte, PSG defender Alex has declared: "I have always said that I am very happy in Paris and I think that I will...