REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 14.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 24 Jul 06:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "I am happy here"
- 23 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to honor my contract"
- 22 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Parejo: "I hope Mathieu will stay"
- 21 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Guardado's agent: "Offers from Italy and Russia"
- 20 Jul 06:30 LEVANTE, Navas: "I haven't signed for anyone yet"
- 19 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "Nothing with Benfica"
- 18 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "We want to keep Mathieu"
- 17 Jul 06:15 REAL MADRID, Khedira's agent: "We are not in talks with Arsenal"
- 16 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I want to honor my contract"
- 15 Jul 06:19 VALENCIA, Nuno: "Mathieu going nowhere"
- 14 Jul 06:15 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We'll sign other players"
- 13 Jul 06:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Carmona is not a priority"
- 11 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Morata: "I am looking forward to join Juventus"
- 10 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I would like to honor my contact"
- 08 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve is closer"
- 07 Jul 06:30 LEVANTE, Navas' agent: "Offers form Atletico and Porto"
- 04 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No more talks with Liverpool for Moreno"
- 03 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Adriano: "I would like to stay"
- 02 Jul 14:15 BARCELONA, Adriano keen on Barca stay
- 01 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Faus: "We can invest on the transfer market"
- 28 Jun 06:00 LEVANTE, Navas: "Atletico? It would be great"
- 26 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay for many years"
- 25 Jun 06:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 24 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "If Diego Costa leaves..."
- 23 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Di Maria: "Don't know anything about Juve"
- 22 Jun 06:29 ATLETICO, Godin: "I will stay"
- 21 Jun 06:00 REAL, Burgui: "Espanyol are after me"
- 19 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve? Nothing new"
- 18 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Sorry that I didn't have time to say good-bye"
- 16 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 14 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 13 Jun 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Vela wants to remain"
- 12 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 11 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about the new signings"
- 10 Jun 22:46 BRAZIL, Pele: "I love Xavi"
- 10 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Arda Turan's agent: "No contacts with Barcelona"
- 09 Jun 06:00 VALENCIA, Bernat's agent: "No offers from Porto"
- 08 Jun 06:30 SEVILLA, Castro: "We haven' sold or bought anyone"
- 07 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Moreno: "I have four years on my contract"
- 06 Jun 06:15 ATLETICO, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 05 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Who wants Diego Costa must pay his clause"
- 04 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Morata won't join Juve"
- 03 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "He won't move"
- 01 Jun 06:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Arrasate: "Difficult to keep Bravo"
- 31 May 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay"
- 30 May 06:00 VALENCIA, Diego Alves: "I'm about to sign a new contract"
- 29 May 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "No offers for Rakitic"
- 28 May 06:00 REAL, Di Maria: "I want to honor my contract"
- 27 May 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Wednesday I will sign a new contract"
- 26 May 18:00 BARCELONA,Halilovic thrilled to sign at Camp Nou
- 24 Jul 16:16 USA/ OFFICIAL, Lampard completes New York City FC move
- 24 Jul 16:14 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Swans sign Montero
- 24 Jul 16:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Eyes on Isla
- 24 Jul 15:45 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Working on Zuculini's loan
- 24 Jul 15:30 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, United assault evened: 45 million euros to Juventus for Vidal
- 24 Jul 15:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Greece-German youngster Spanoudakis about to join
- 24 Jul 15:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Taarabt willig to join back
- 24 Jul 14:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Rayo Vallecano sign Pozuelo
- 24 Jul 14:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, From Spain: majestic offer for Marquinhos
- 24 Jul 14:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Closing on Vermaelen
- 24 Jul 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Back for Ryan Bertrand
- 24 Jul 13:45 INTER & ATLETICO MADRID, Final duel on Chicharito Hernandez
- 24 Jul 13:30 ENGLAND/ SWANSEA CITY, Agreement with Marseille for signing Payet
- 24 Jul 13:17 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Schneiderlin joining Arsenal might lead Clasie in
- 24 Jul 13:03 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Chievo Verona sign Gamberini
- 24 Jul 12:45 ENGLAND/ QPR, Duel to Italian and German rivals on Bonaventura
- 24 Jul 12:30 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Lead over Liverpool and Porto on Bakkali
- 24 Jul 12:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Getafe sign Michel
- 24 Jul 12:00 GERMANY/ HANNOVER 96, Kiyotake about to be announced
- 24 Jul 11:45 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Real Madrid offer for El Shaarawy rejected
- 24 Jul 11:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Miranda joins Chievo Verona
- 24 Jul 11:15 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Surprise lead over Lazio on Astori
- 24 Jul 11:00 ITALY/ HELLAS VERONA, Eyes on Antonsson
- 24 Jul 10:45 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Zeman wants Galano
- 24 Jul 10:30 ITALY/ PARMA, Bellomo more and more likely to join
- 24 Jul 10:15 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Arsenal defeated: Loic Remy about to join
- 24 Jul 10:00 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Approaching Romero
- 24 Jul 09:45 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Agree £4million fee for midfielder Besic
- 24 Jul 09:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pirlo weighs up Galatasaray transfer due to Allegri's presence
- 24 Jul 09:13 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Continue to track Raphael Varane
- 24 Jul 08:55 ENGLAND/ QPR, plot Samuel Eto'o transfer
- 24 Jul 08:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 08:31 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Agreement with Keylor Navas
- 24 Jul 08:14 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, moving for Villa defender Ron Vlaar
- 24 Jul 08:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Keen on Badelj
- 24 Jul 07:40 FRANCE/ MONACO, Gaitan about to join
- 24 Jul 07:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera will keep on training the NT
- 24 Jul 06:57 PSG, Cavani: "Will I stay? Of course!"
- 24 Jul 06:39 HAMBURG, Beiersdorfer: "We can't afford to sign Behrami"
- 24 Jul 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "New signings possible"
- 24 Jul 06:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "I am happy here"
- 24 Jul 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 23:37 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Waiting for Eto'o's answer
- 23 Jul 23:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Newell's sign Scocco
- 23 Jul 22:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, New suitors for Robinho
- 23 Jul 22:39 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Boca sign Chávez
- 23 Jul 22:20 FRANCE/ PSG, Milan's offer for Lavezzi refused
- 23 Jul 22:00 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT, Idea Hugo Almeida
- 23 Jul 21:37 ITALY/ INTER, Sprint for Osvaldo
- 23 Jul 21:17 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, PSG sign Aurier
Hired back by Juventus on a full basis from Udinese last June, Chilean international right backwing and midfielder Mauricio Isla (26), tracked by Inter and Lazio, as well as possibly used in a swap with Fiorentina involving Stevan Savic, has become an item of interest for...
After completing their first training session on US soil, Nemanja Vidic stopped to give their first thoughts on tour. And despite the jet-leg,...
Interviewed by El Pais, Sevilla 27-year-old forward Carlos Bacca has declared: "Moving to a different league? Thank God, I am very happy in...
Interviewed by The Sun, Tottenham forward Erik Lamela has declared: "Leaving Tottenham never once entered my mind, not even when I was...
Interviewed by the Ruhr Nachrichten, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has declared: "Reus will remain with us, at least for this...
Interviewed by Ovacion Digital, PSG forward Edinson Cavani has declared: "My future? I am happy in Paris, and I really think that I will...