REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 15.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 09 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Mustafi's agent: "Bayern are after him"
- 08 Oct 06:00 CELTA, Nolito: "I'm not thinking about Barcelona"
- 07 Oct 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "I want to stay"
- 02 Oct 23:33 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Perez: "Ronaldo is a Blancos legend"
- 02 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "Contacts with Barcelona"
- 01 Oct 19:27 LEVANTE, Simao: "Ready to fight and struggle against Villarreal"
- 01 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Kovacic? He's got the qualities for becoming a champion"
- 30 Sep 06:29 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "I refused to join Porto"
- 29 Sep 18:48 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - BARCELONA FC, Rakitic: "We want to win for Leo and for our fans. Our style won't change"
- 29 Sep 17:59 REAL MADRID, 20-man squad for the match against Malmö: Bale out
- 29 Sep 13:15 CHAMPIONS, Barcelona v Leverkusen - Possible lineups: Leo Messi is irreplaceable
- 29 Sep 06:29 ATLETICO, Tiago: "I would like to end my career here"
- 24 Sep 13:39 VILLARREAL, Marcelino after Malaga accomplishment: "I'm extremely proud of my players"
- 23 Sep 08:19 BETIS, Joaquin: "Sousa didn't want to let me go"
- 22 Sep 16:00 BARCELONA FC, Medical report on Rafinha after surgery
- 22 Sep 07:00 BARCELONA, Neymar calls Coutinho
- 21 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "We don't have to pay 10 millions to De Gea"
- 19 Sep 16:00 VALENCIA v BETIS, Liga Matchday 4, Special Preview - Joaquín faces his own past
- 18 Sep 07:29 Europa League Matchday 1 aftermath - VILLARREAL, Marcelino after Austrian failure: "We were really bad during part of the game"
- 18 Sep 01:57 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - BARCELONA FC (Group E), Suarez: "No need to get upset for the outcome"
- 17 Sep 17:12 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - ZENIT (Group H), Hulk: "Important victory for us, Valencia are a great team"
- 17 Sep 00:34 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - VALENCIA (Group H), André Gomes: "We took some risks, and Zenit exploited it"
- 16 Sep 15:43 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - REAL MADRID (Group A), Ronaldo: "Proud of the scoring record reached"
- 16 Sep 15:20 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - ATLETICO MADRID (Group C), double scorer Griezmann: "We reached a good level, now we need to work and keep it"
- 16 Sep 08:19 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "I'm very happy"
- 16 Sep 02:00 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - GALATASARAY (Group C), Hamzaoglu: "Atletico are really good. Satisfied with my team's performance in the second half"
- 16 Sep 01:36 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - SHAKHTAR DONETSK (Group A), Lucescu: "Real Madrid's victory is a stolen one"
- 15 Sep 18:12 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - FC SEVILLE v BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH (Group D): Llorente searching for his first Andalusian header
- 15 Sep 16:23 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - GALATASARAY v ATLETICO MADRID (Group C): fresh start for Podolski
- 15 Sep 15:47 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - REAL MADRID v SHAKHTAR (Group A): Isco from the kick-off
- 13 Sep 10:00 ATLETICO MADRID - BARCELONA FC 1-2, Matchbox: Neymar and Messi respond to Torres
- 11 Sep 17:11 ESPANYOL v REAL MADRID, Special Preview - James Rodriguez surely out
- 11 Sep 08:29 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Ronaldo to PSG? If they pay a billion..."
- 10 Sep 17:59 BARCELONA FC, Piqué: "I was wearing Buffon shirt during Real Madrid-Juventus, last May"
- 10 Sep 08:19 REAL MADRID, Perez: "I don't think De Gea will join in January"
- 10 Sep 00:39 BARCELONA FC, Mascherano charged with tax evasion
- 09 Sep 06:00 CELTA, Nolito: "Don't want to talk about my future"
- 08 Sep 18:19 REAL MADRID, Indoor training for Modric and Kovacic
- 08 Sep 11:09 REAL MADRID, Benzema happy with Merengues
- 04 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "De Gea didn't join cause of United"
- 03 Sep 06:00 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "Happy to stay"
- 02 Sep 10:45 REAL MADRID, Official statement on De Gea's missed transfer
- 02 Sep 08:15 MALAGA, Santa Cruz: "Great to be here"
- 31 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Neymar: "I want to play in the Copa America and the Olympics"
- 30 Aug 10:30 MALAGA, Javi Garcia: "I don't understand Darder's departure"
- 27 Aug 08:19 SEVILLA, Krychowiak: "I will stay"
- 21 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Everything can happen until August 31"
- 20 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Butragueno: "The transfer market? There is still time"
- 14 Aug 08:29 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "I want Pedro to stay"
- 13 Aug 16:29 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "Pedro would be perfect for Premier"
- 13 Aug 08:19 CELTA, Nolito: "Either I'll return to Barça, or I will stay here"
- 12 Aug 15:29 BARCELONA FC, Pedro: "Leaving? It's a matter of pitch time, not money"
- 12 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "I hope Pedro will stay"
- 11 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "Llorente? We must wait"
- 10 Aug 11:50 REAL BETIS, Vargas: "Great ambition, I hope to stay for so long"
- 10 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Soon a decision about Asensio"
- 09 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "The market? In August I'm always nervous"
- 08 Aug 06:00 RAYO, Martín Presa: "Zhang's signing has not been imposed"
- 07 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I'm attached to my club"
- 06 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano's agent: "He wants to leave"
- 05 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "I want Pedro to stay"
- 04 Aug 06:00 BETIS, Mel: "No chances that Osvaldo will join us"
- 03 Aug 11:44 BARCELONA, Rakitic: "We will win when it matters"
- 03 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Garcia: "Happy of our new signings"
- 01 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Pedro will stay"
- 31 Jul 18:44 BARCELONA, Arda Turan suffers ankle sprain
- 30 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Mou? I only think about the present and the future"
- 29 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "In the future I could move abroad"
- 28 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Ramos? We'll see"
- 27 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Pepe: "I'm sure Ramos will stay"
- 25 Jul 12:30 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "I am sure that Sergio Ramos will stay"
- 24 Jul 09:30 REAL MADRID, Benzema's agent: "This year he will stay"
- 23 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Who wants Adriano must pay his clause"
- 22 Jul 06:29 BARCELONA, Suarez: "I would like Pedro to stay"
- 17 Jul 06:30 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Turan could leave"
- 13 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We have been after Immobile for a long time"
- 10 Jul 06:00 BETIS, Piccini: "Happy to be here"
- 09 Jul 06:00 BETIS, Macia: "We are interested in Pazzini"
- 08 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Pedro: "My situation is delicate"
- 07 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "This year Pogba won't join us"
- 06 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Lucas Silva: "Honored by Fiorentina's interest"
- 01 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Krychowiak: "i have no intention to leave"
- 30 Jun 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto: "I am about to join Atletico"
- 26 Jun 07:27 OM, Labrune: "We want to sell Imbula"
- 26 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Bacca"
- 25 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We like Rami, but"
- 24 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 23 Jun 06:00 VILLARREAL, Roig: "We have signed Leo Baptistao"
- 22 Jun 06:00 VILLARREAL, Marcelino: "Atletico have paid Vietto's clause"
- 21 Jun 09:30 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Contacts with Tevez, but he wants to join Boca"
- 20 Jun 06:00 VALENCIA, Otamendi: "The club knows what I want"
- 19 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Ochoa: "My agent is looking for a new club"
- 18 Jun 09:15 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Only Koke and Godin are unsellable"
- 17 Jun 06:00 BETIS, Mel: "Piccini will move back to Fiorentina"
- 16 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Mandzukic's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 15 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Coentrao: "One day I will join Benfica.."
- 14 Jun 06:30 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "Inter agreable destination"
- 13 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We are about to sign Kakuta"
- 12 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Darder: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 11 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Navas: "Only God knows if I'll stay"
- 09 Oct 13:59 Euro 2016 Qualifying, France, Benzema: "Maybe my critics like me too much!"
- 09 Oct 13:43 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Eye on Buitink
- 09 Oct 13:32 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ayre: "Klopp appointment proves owners' ambition"
- 09 Oct 12:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp: "Or we will win a title in four years - or I'm going to Switzerland!"
- 09 Oct 12:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp: "I'm the normal one"
- 09 Oct 12:47 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, want to sign Sadio Mane
- 09 Oct 12:46 ENGLAND/ BARCELONA, Eye ex Reds star
- 09 Oct 12:36 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Klopp: "Market? I'm not an idiot, I'll have the first and last word"
- 09 Oct 12:35 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, PHOTO: Jürgen Klopp poses with Ian Ayre and Tom Werner
- 09 Oct 09:43 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, put on red alert after long-term target Karim Benzema expressed his disappointment
- 09 Oct 09:40 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, BREAKING NEWS: Reds name coaching duo
- 09 Oct 07:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Vietto out for four weeks
- 09 Oct 06:59 BAYERN, Götze: "Never thought about leaving Bayern"
- 09 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Mustafi's agent: "Bayern are after him"
- 09 Oct 00:00 INTER, Brozovic's agent: "Leaving in January? It's up to the club"
- 08 Oct 22:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Klopp is Liverpool new manager
- 08 Oct 22:29 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eyes on Zeca
- 08 Oct 21:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea sign Amelia
- 08 Oct 21:22 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ron Smith: "Rodgers never recovered from Suarez sale"
- 08 Oct 21:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I'd not be here If I didn't start to play as defender"
- 08 Oct 20:39 FRANCE/ MONCO, El Shaarawy: "I have found serenity at Monaco"
- 08 Oct 20:15 GERMANY/ BAYER MUNICH, keeping tabs on Shkodran Mustafi
- 08 Oct 19:39 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Messi had been facing an 18-month prison sentence
- 08 Oct 19:15 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Ferguson was my football father"
- 08 Oct 18:47 ENGLAND/ TOTTENAHM, Alli is preparing for a surprise England debut
- 08 Oct 18:18 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Gimnasia La Plata: pro deal for Noble
- 08 Oct 18:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Eye on Karius
- 08 Oct 17:45 ENGLAND, Manchester United fan Usain Bolt forced to wear Arsenal shirt
- 08 Oct 17:40 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Caen: Imorou extends until 2019
- 08 Oct 17:22 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Taken 15-year old Swedish prospect Kimpioka
- 08 Oct 17:16 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL ,To hold new conference tomorrow at 10am
- 08 Oct 17:13 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, expecting to extend defender Jason Denayer's loan
- 08 Oct 16:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Can: "No regrets joining reds"
- 08 Oct 16:44 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC BILBAO, Laporte cools United talk
- 08 Oct 16:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Doubts over Barca's Nolito move
- 08 Oct 16:14 ITALY/ JUVE, Line up €20M Cuadrado deal
- 08 Oct 15:58 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, McAllister will leave his position with first-team squad
- 08 Oct 15:44 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Eye Sissoko Swoop
- 08 Oct 15:33 BREAKING NEWS: KLOPP NEW LIVERPOOL BOSS
- 08 Oct 15:14 FRANCE/ REAL MADRID, Navas stronger after collapse fo United Move
- 08 Oct 14:46 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, unchained scouts: observing lot of teams in Europe
- 08 Oct 14:31 ENGLAND, Lambert on Klopp: "I think the Liverpool crowd will be really similar to the Dortmund"
- 08 Oct 14:16 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Cudicini's praise for Begovic
- 08 Oct 14:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Santi was a gamble I had to take"
- 08 Oct 13:44 ENGLAND, Rooney will miss England’s final two Euro 2016 qualifiers
- 08 Oct 13:32 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola has agreed to replace Pellegrini as Man City
- 08 Oct 13:15 Platini to stand for Fifa presidency
- 08 Oct 13:01 USA, Klopp has LA Galaxy worried he'll ask Steven Gerrard to return
- 08 Oct 13:00 ITALY/ INTER, Ausilio thinking about Andrè Carillo in June
- 08 Oct 12:44 ITALY/ LAZIo, Dishna has told how he rejected the chance to join Arsenal
Jurgen Klopp faced the media for the first time since becoming Liverpool manager and declared himself "the normal one".
A highly-anticipated introduction did not disappoint as Klopp vowed to turn "the doubters to believers", said he would have "the fir
Interviewed by FcInterNews.it, Miroslav Bicanic, agent of Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, has declared: "Marcelo is an Inter player, he&
Interviewed by Gestiona Radio Valencia, Ali Bulur, agent of Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi, has declared: "It's true, Bayern are watching
Kia Joorabchian, agent of Liverpool attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho, has declared: "Reports that I have been talking to Real Madrid about
Interviewed by France Football, PSG winger Lucas Moura has declared: "My life here is wonderful, I'm happy here. At the beginning it was diff
Interviewed by the Süddeutsche Zeitung, Bayern Munich attacking midfielder Mario Götze has declared: "I never thought about leaving las