REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 15.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 27 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Cerci away? Ask our Sporting Director"
- 26 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA, Bitolo: "Honored by Napoli's interest, but.."
- 24 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi is happy here"
- 23 Nov 06:30 ATLETICO M. Cerezo: "We are not thinking about selling Jimenez"
- 22 Nov 06:29 ATLETICO M., Moyà: "Oblak is our future"
- 21 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi is happy with us"
- 20 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I would like to renew"
- 19 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Krychowiak"
- 18 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "Napoli never made an offer"
- 17 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Just rumors about Simeone"
- 16 Nov 06:30 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I would like to play in England, but.."
- 15 Nov 06:00 SEVILLA FC, Monchi: "No offers for Vitolo"
- 14 Nov 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "I had many offers from England, but.."
- 13 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, S. Ramos: "No problems about my new deal"
- 12 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "Sterling and Barkley can play for Barça"
- 11 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I have no intention to leave in January"
- 10 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We would like to keep Zuculini"
- 07 Nov 10:00 FC SEVILLE, Pareja: "We are improving and limiting our weaknesses"
- 07 Nov 06:19 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "I feel always better in this team"
- 06 Nov 10:19 BARCELONA, Messi matches Raúl González's goal record with double at Ajax
- 06 Nov 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Maybe next Monday we'll have a new coach"
- 05 Nov 06:39 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "Now let's defeat Olympiakos and celebrate qualification"
- 04 Nov 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about my new contract"
- 03 Nov 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "Luis Enrique is not at risk"
- 02 Nov 06:00 GRANADA, Murillo: "I deam of Barça"
- 01 Nov 06:00 VALENCIA, Alcacer: "No hurry about my renewal"
- 31 Oct 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I can still give a lot to this club"
- 30 Oct 06:00 SEVILLA, Mbia: "Coming here was my priority"
- 29 Oct 07:59 REAL MADRID, Marcelo: "The secret for defeating Barça was running and fighting"
- 28 Oct 06:29 ATLETICO, Mandzukic: "I had offers from Italy, but.."
- 24 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I would like to end my career here"
- 23 Oct 13:44 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo in no hurry to break Raul's record
- 23 Oct 13:35 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo makes $1 billion release clause seem justifiable
- 22 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 21 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I'd like to move back to England"
- 20 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "We are not after Sterling"
- 19 Oct 06:29 REAL MADRID, Butragueño: "Khedira could renew"
- 18 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about Khedira's new contract"
- 17 Oct 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "We'll try to keep Beto"
- 16 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Casillas going nowhere"
- 15 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Alves' agent: "No contacts with other clubs"
- 14 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "No offers for Pedro"
- 13 Oct 06:00 CORDOBA, Matos: "Here to play my chances"
- 11 Oct 06:00 ATLETICO, Arda Turan's agent: "He will honor his contract"
- 10 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 09 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo's agent: "Here forever"
- 08 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "Moving abroad? Why not!"
- 07 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Pique: "United? I dream to end my career here"
- 06 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I'm not moving back to Brazil"
- 04 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I will end my European career here"
- 03 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Alcacer: "Renewal? No problem"
- 01 Oct 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi could end his career here"
- 30 Sep 06:00 ATLETICO, Jimenez: "Grateful to this club"
- 27 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I can't imagine our team without CR7"
- 26 Sep 06:00 SEVILLA, Gameiro: "I am ready to come back"
- 25 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Back to United? Just speculations"
- 23 Sep 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "I don't pay attention to my players' contracts"
- 22 Sep 07:20 ATLETICO MADRID, Godin: "We tried everything for defeating Celta. We are however strong and confident"
- 21 Sep 06:00 REAL, Arbeloa turns out transfer rumors
- 20 Sep 06:00 SEVILLA, Mbia: "My future? We'll see"
- 19 Sep 14:15 EUROPA LEAGUE Day After - FC SEVILLE, Banega: "We showed we are a healthy group"
- 18 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Douglas: "I cried when I knew I was moving here"
- 17 Sep 12:21 REAL MADRID,Modric: "We need to build on this and continue to grow"
- 17 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I want to end my career here"
- 16 Sep 16:57 REAL MADRID, Former chairman Calderon: "CR7 is fed up with the club's policy. United return? I wouldn't be surprised"
- 15 Sep 07:20 REAL MADRID, Casillas after derby debacle: "We've been very unlucky. A team of winner like ours will get to climb back"
- 12 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Rafinha: "I don't fear the competition"
- 11 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Adriano: "I had many offers, but I wanted to stay"
- 10 Sep 18:15 BARCELONA, Adriano: "Luis Enrique has a lot of character and that's good for us"
- 10 Sep 00:45 GETAFE, Torres: "No offers for Pedro Leon"
- 09 Sep 06:00 LEVANTE, Sissoko: "I wanted to quit..."
- 08 Sep 06:29 VILLARREAL, Musacchio" I never asked to leave"
- 05 Sep 18:02 REAL MADRID, Perez: "I have zero disagreements with 'loyal' Ronaldo"
- 03 Sep 13:00 BARCELONA, Douglas: "To adapt to Barça I’m going to have to work on "
- 01 Sep 11:44 REAL MADRID, Casillas: “We cannot let slip a 0-2 lead like that”
- 29 Aug 06:00 REAL, Ronaldo: "Two Important players have left"
- 28 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Suarez: "I have refused other offers to come here"
- 27 Aug 06:00 ESPANYOL, Collet: "There is an offer for Lopez"
- 26 Aug 12:45 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Neither Ronaldo nor Madrid in peak condition"
- 26 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Tremoulinas: "I feel no pressure"
- 25 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Di Maria will leave, Khedira will stay"
- 24 Aug 09:30 REAL MADRID, Khedira: "Leaving? Everything can happen"
- 23 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Fazio is leaving"
- 22 Aug 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "Enzo Perez would be perfect for us"
- 21 Aug 08:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Raul Garcia: "New players are welcome"
- 20 Aug 19:59 REAL MADRID, Modric: "My dream continues with my renewal"
- 20 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Not possible to sign Reus"
- 19 Aug 14:26 BARCELONA, Suarez: "My ban is what it is and we have to accept it"
- 19 Aug 06:00 VILLARREAL, Garcia Toral: "I think Musacchio will stay"
- 18 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Deulofeu's departure was my choice"
- 17 Aug 09:30 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Our transfer market is over"
- 14 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Alderweireld's father: "We are waiting for an offer"
- 13 Aug 06:00 REAL, Ancelotti: "Khedira is not for sale"
- 12 Aug 06:00 VILLARREAL, Victor Ruiz: "I had no doubts about coming"
- 11 Aug 15:44 BARCELONA, confirm Vermaelen is still carrying a hamstring injury
- 11 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "No offers for Dani Alves"
- 10 Aug 06:29 BARCELONA, Vermaelen: "I'm in a great club"
- 09 Aug 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We are in talks for Vargas"
- 08 Aug 06:00 CORDOBA, Rossi: "I am not thinking about Italy"
- 06 Aug 06:20 REAL MADRID, Navas: "This is the best club on the planet"
- 27 Nov 08:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner to renew
- 27 Nov 08:15 ARGENTINA/ SAN LORENZO, Eyes on two midfielders
- 27 Nov 08:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Agreement with Kramaric
- 27 Nov 07:40 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Two clubs after Clemens
- 27 Nov 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Vermaelen out for five months?
- 27 Nov 06:57 PSG, Maxwell and van der Wiel's agent: "They will renew"
- 27 Nov 06:39 BORUSSIA, Klopp: "Arsenal? My future is here"
- 27 Nov 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Cerci away? Ask our Sporting Director"
- 27 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba is not for sale"
- 26 Nov 23:37 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Also Bayern after Godin
- 26 Nov 23:17 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Offer for Perisic
- 26 Nov 22:59 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Rodriguez ready to renew
- 26 Nov 22:39 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Eyes on Mbakogu
- 26 Nov 22:20 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Lead on Suarez
- 26 Nov 22:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Done for Schar
- 26 Nov 21:37 GERMANY/ BAYER, Hilbert could leave
- 26 Nov 21:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Still keen on Pjanic
- 26 Nov 20:59 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Also Roma after Hojbjerg
- 26 Nov 20:39 CHILE/ OFFICIAL, Universidad fire Falcioni
- 26 Nov 20:20 CROATIA/ DINAMO, Also Borussia after Brozovic
- 26 Nov 20:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, New opening for signing Cabaye in January
- 26 Nov 19:45 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, Approaching Clemens
- 26 Nov 19:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juventus eye Rolando
- 26 Nov 19:15 ARSENAL v BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Special CL Preview - Klopp: "In comparison to Bundesliga, Champions is currently holiday for us. We really want to win the group"
- 26 Nov 19:00 HAMBURG & WOLFSBURG, January duel for Moisander in the viewfinder
- 26 Nov 18:47 FRANCE/ PSG, Eriksen as a main target
- 26 Nov 18:34 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA M., 2 Premier League pursuers for Kruse
- 26 Nov 18:19 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Kompany: "Aguero is our special one"
- 26 Nov 18:02 ARSENAL v BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Special CL Preview - Chambers: "We'll heed Dortmund warning"
- 26 Nov 17:47 INDIA/ CHENNAIYIN, Materazzi wants Nesta in
- 26 Nov 17:46 INTER, Juan Jesus: "An honour to be coached by Mancini"
- 26 Nov 17:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 3 Premier League suitors for Cagliari's jewel Donsah
- 26 Nov 17:18 ARSENAL v BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Special CL Preview - Wenger: "We know how it works with criticisms. I strongly believe in my players"
- 26 Nov 16:56 SPAIN/ LEVANTE, Morales more and more likely to renew
- 26 Nov 16:27 INTER, Mancini: "Dnipro? We have to be careful tomorrow"
- 26 Nov 15:56 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Podolski thinking to come back to Koln
- 26 Nov 15:29 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Eyes on Stefaniak
- 26 Nov 14:59 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 2 Serie A suitors for Acquah
- 26 Nov 14:30 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, Testing Azerbaijani goalie Balayev
- 26 Nov 14:00 AUSTRIA/ RAPID WIEN, Willing to sign Holzhauser back
- 26 Nov 13:44 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Shaw could come back in 3 weeks
- 26 Nov 13:32 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini and Lampard hail Sergio Aguero
- 26 Nov 13:14 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Wilshere has ligament damage"
- 26 Nov 13:00 ARSENAL v BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Special CL Preview - Wenger: "Koscielny is back. I don't know if Welbeck starts"
- 26 Nov 12:45 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Keen on Gagliolo
- 26 Nov 12:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Gabbiadini on target
- 26 Nov 12:15 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Back for Bakkali
- 26 Nov 12:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Survey on Kishna
- 26 Nov 11:45 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Bent might be loaned out again
- 26 Nov 11:30 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Planning a move for signing Cech
Interviewed by Mediaset Premium, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has declared: "I don't think that Arsenal fans would like to see me on their team's bench after tonight's game. They have one of the best managers in the World, and I train one of the best club
Interviewed by Sky Sport, Juventus General Manager Giuseppe Marotta has declared: "We have never considered the option to sell Pogba, he is a gre
Interviewed by Mediaset Premium, Atletico Madrid coach Diego Pablo Simeone has declared: "Cerci away in January? You must ask the Sporting Direct
Jurgen Klopp’s side currently occupy the relegation play-off spot in the Bundesliga after only winning three of their 12 league games this campa
Laurent Blanc, Paris Saint-Germain coach has spoken in the press conference of Champions league match.
"What changed for us between the draw in
Interviewed by Mediaset Premium, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has declared: "I don't think that Arsenal fans would like to see me on