REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 14.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 11 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO/ Courtois: "False news about myself"
- 10 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We believe in our team"
- 08 Mar 06:19 REAL SOCIEDAD, Vela: "Arsenal? I am happy here"
- 07 Mar 06:15 BARCELONA, Bartra: "I am ready to become Puyol's heir"
- 06 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "I know who will replace Valdes"
- 05 Mar 06:15 REAL MADRID, Xabi Alonso: "I wouldn't mind moving to the US"
- 04 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "I will stay at least until 2017"
- 03 Mar 15:09 SPAIN, Villa: "Whenever you confront Italy, although is said to be friendly, it never is"
- 03 Mar 05:59 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "Three Italian clubs after him, but.."
- 02 Mar 06:29 LEVANTE, Caparros turns out transfer rumours
- 01 Mar 06:19 CELTA, Luis Enrique: "Barça? I'm focused on my club"
- 28 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Fabregas: "We are all with Martino"
- 27 Feb 12:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "That was the perfect game Madrid's 'perfect game'"
- 27 Feb 06:00 SEVILLA, Rakitic: "I'm not thinking about another club"
- 26 Feb 06:00 SEVILLA, Moreno: "City and Real? I'm focused on my club"
- 25 Feb 06:00 ATHLETIC, Muniain: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 24 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "Deulofeu will be important for this club"
- 23 Feb 09:59 VALLADOLID, Rossi: "I am happy here, but.."
- 22 Feb 06:00 REAL MADRID, Modric: "I want to end my career here"
- 21 Feb 06:19 MALAGA, El Hamdaoui: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 20 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Diego Costa will remain for a long time"
- 19 Feb 15:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Ac Milan? There is no favourite tonight"
- 19 Feb 10:16 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "City can cause you problems at any moment"
- 18 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Piqué: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 17 Feb 11:50 ATLETICO MADRID, Suarez: "Milan have a great tradition in this competition"
- 16 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois's father: "I will talk with Atletico in one month"
- 15 Feb 07:27 OM, Anigo: "Valbuena could leave"
- 14 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "I imagine myself at Inter"
- 13 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi is not for sale"
- 12 Feb 06:00 VILLARREAL, Farinos announces his retirement
- 11 Feb 19:30 BARCELONA, Barca chief coy on Messi deal
- 11 Feb 18:16 BARCELONA, Fabregas: "I owe nearly everything to Wenger"
- 11 Feb 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Isco unhappy? His moment will come"
- 10 Feb 13:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Martino: "Rakitic has got potential and qualities for playing for Barça
- 08 Feb 06:00 ATHLETIC, Herrera: "None of us wants to leave"
- 07 Feb 12:15 REAL MADRID, Referee who sent off Ronaldo at Bilbao is suspended for a month
- 07 Feb 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Not fascinated by the Serie A"
- 06 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "The great clubs know that I won't move"
- 05 Feb 06:00 REAL, CR7's agent: "He will end his career in Madrid"
- 04 Feb 06:00 MALAGA, Iakovenko: "The Liga is better than the Serie A"
- 01 Feb 09:29 ATLETICO, Diego: "Happy to be here"
- 31 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "I am not leaving"
- 30 Jan 07:00 BETIS, Adan: "Happy to be here"
- 29 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Back to Chelsea, only if.."
- 28 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 27 Jan 06:00 VALENCIA, Vargas: "Happy to be here"
- 26 Jan 06:29 BARCELONA, Messi's father: "Don't know anything about PSG"
- 25 Jan 06:00 BETIS, Vadillo's agent: "Some Italian clubs after him"
- 23 Jan 18:30 BARCELONA, Puyol injury confirmed as bruising
- 23 Jan 16:44 BARCELONA, To announce EGM - Rosell set to resign
- 12 Mar 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Ozil: "Quite serious injury, out against Spurs for sure"
- 11 Mar 23:45 UKRAINE/ METALIST, Gomez leaving
- 11 Mar 23:30 ITALY/ VERONA, Auction for Iturbe
- 11 Mar 23:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Interest for Cassano
- 11 Mar 23:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Mission for Locadia
- 11 Mar 22:45 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Also Real after Mandzukic
- 11 Mar 22:30 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Rakitic likely to renew
- 11 Mar 22:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Conte wants Candreva
- 11 Mar 22:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Idea Telles
- 11 Mar 21:45 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Mission for Umtiti
- 11 Mar 21:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik due to leave if Benitez stays
- 11 Mar 21:15 ITALY/ TORINO, Two rivals towards signing Galabinov
- 11 Mar 21:00 MLS - USA/ OFFICIAL, Toni Rodriguez joins Kansas City
- 11 Mar 20:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Lead on Kouyaté
- 11 Mar 20:30 ITALY/ INTER, Back for Osvaldo
- 11 Mar 20:15 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Survey on Ranocchia
- 11 Mar 20:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ruffier's agent: "AC Milan or AS Roma? I hope it's true, he'd love Italy"
- 11 Mar 19:45 GENOA & NAPOLI, Eyes on Izzo
- 11 Mar 19:30 ITALY/ INTER, Handanovic might leave in the summer
- 11 Mar 19:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Zelalem about to sign a pro contract
- 11 Mar 19:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Renewal offer to Ivanovic
- 11 Mar 18:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Attempt for Arbeloa started
- 11 Mar 18:30 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Hulk is in London: possible Tottenham contact
- 11 Mar 18:15 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Scouts for Courtois
- 11 Mar 18:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Stoke City loan Alabi out again
- 11 Mar 17:45 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We get against Bayern with nothing to lose"
- 11 Mar 17:30 ITALY/ LAZIO, Still negotiating on Klose's renewal
- 11 Mar 17:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ederson Ribeiro's agent: "No contacts with AC Milan at the time"
- 11 Mar 17:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, In touch with Sporting Lisbon for William Carvalho
- 11 Mar 16:44 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Courtois? If Chelsea decide to sell him, we’ll see"
- 11 Mar 16:30 BAYERN v ARSENAL Preview - Wenger: "Koscielny is ok, Gibbs out"
- 11 Mar 16:14 AC MILAN, Albertini: "I spent a year at Atletico but my heart belongs to Milan"
- 11 Mar 16:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Galliani: "Yesterday I only had dinner with Florentino"
- 11 Mar 15:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Duel to Arsenal and United for Jackson Martinez
- 11 Mar 15:30 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "Aguero is one of the world's top five forwards"
- 11 Mar 15:15 ARSENAL, Arteta:" One goal makes it a mind game"
- 11 Mar 14:58 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Robben: "Turning down Juventus had nothing to do with Juve"
- 11 Mar 14:31 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY. Hughes wants Danny Ings
- 11 Mar 14:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Juventus: Grosso the new coach of Youth club
- 11 Mar 13:45 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY, Crouch: "I won't to leave"
- 11 Mar 13:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Schalke04: professional deal for 3 talents
- 11 Mar 13:15 DENMARK/ BRONDBY, Boulahrouz intended to leave
- 11 Mar 13:00 ITALY/ GENOA, Eyes on Horta
- 11 Mar 12:45 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Sahin on permanent deal
- 11 Mar 12:40 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juve: eyes on Ranocchia
- 11 Mar 12:16 SWITZERLAND/ EXCLUSIVE TMW -Fabianski for the after Sommer
- 11 Mar 12:01 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Martino and Messi for so long in blaugrana"
- 11 Mar 11:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Valdes admits English lure
- 11 Mar 11:30 JUENTUS, Chiellini hails Scirea legacy
- 11 Mar 11:15 BELGIUM/ FEYENOORD, Pellè is for sale
Talking about the injury occurred to Mesut Ozil during Bayern Munich-Arsenal, which had Gunners ruled out from Champions League, Arsène Wenger: He has a hamstring problem that looks quite serious. I don't know how long he will be out for.
For sure he'll...
This is what was said by former Milan star and the current Vice-President of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) Demetrio Albertini at the...
Interviewed by AS, Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, actually on loan at Atletico de Madrid, has declared about the possibility to join Real...
Talking about the injury occurred to Mesut Ozil during Bayern Munich-Arsenal, which had Gunners ruled out from Champions League, Arsène...
To Fifa.com, the midfielder of Wolfsburg Luiz Gustavo has spoken about his future.
"It’s always nice when big clubs are...
Interviewed by Canal Football Club, Rennes midfielder Rennes Alessandrini has declared: "As all the players, I dream to play for a great...