REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 15.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 27 Nov 20:29 REAL MADRID, Medical reported on Varane: 3 weeks stop
- 24 Nov 12:57 REAL MADRID, Florentino Perez after Clásico failure: "We believe in Benitez's work, and CR7 has nothing against him"
- 21 Nov 00:59 BARCELONA: Luis Enrique: "Real Madrid's problems are exaggerated"
- 18 Nov 16:57 BARCELONA, Neymar could leave
- 17 Nov 13:27 SPAIN, Del Bosque: "We were not afraid"
- 15 Nov 14:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Frenchman Griezmann shocked in Paris aftermath: "My sister was at Le Bataclan, she left alive"
- 15 Nov 13:00 VALENCIA, Mustafi on Paris tragedy: "What's going on on this planet?"
- 09 Nov 21:28 SPAIN, Ramos and Juanfran pull out of Spain squad
- 09 Nov 16:57 FC SEVILLE, Immobile on his first Liga goal against Real Madrid: "A dream coming true"
- 06 Nov 05:18 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "Blaugrana were framed!"
- 05 Nov 11:14 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Benzema 'calm' as Valbuena investigation continues
- 05 Nov 07:00 VALENCIA, Espirito Santo: "We are embarassed, we hit rock bottom"
- 03 Nov 19:00 BARCELONA, Vermaelen: "I'm not scared of injuries"
- 03 Nov 07:00 SPORTING GIJÓN, Abelardo: "Important victory against Malaga, next games will be hard"
- 02 Nov 22:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Possible lineup, Madrid and Paris out to gain Group A edge
- 02 Nov 21:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Benitez: " Nobody can dispute PSG's quality"
- 29 Oct 08:30 EIBAR, Medical report on Dani Garcia and Verdi
- 28 Oct 07:59 RAYO VALLECANO, Medical report on Cobeño: surgery gone fine
- 27 Oct 07:29 ATHLETIC BILBAO, Medical report on Muniain
- 27 Oct 00:03 LIGA, Roberto Carlos: "Neymar is better than Messi and Ronaldo"
- 26 Oct 15:37 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes after triumph over Levante: "We played better some games else, but this time we scored a lot"
- 23 Oct 00:40 BARCELONA, Messi: "I don't compete with Ronaldo, and he doesn't compete with me"
- 22 Oct 10:39 SPAIN, Johan Cruyff diagnosed with lung cancer
- 21 Oct 08:00 REAL MADRID, Varane before PSG clash: "We'll have to control the game in order to defeat them"
- 20 Oct 12:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "We are in good shape, and we can defeat Gent. Happy here, I want to renew"
- 19 Oct 08:57 ATLETICO MADRID, Griezmann: "Sociedad? We did what we needed to do. I'd never celebrate scoring against a club that gave me everything"
- 16 Oct 07:30 VALENCIA, Alcacer: "Mestalla audience is picky and impatient, we need to fulfil their expectations"
- 15 Oct 06:59 REAL MADRID, Sergio Ramos back in squad training
- 14 Oct 10:57 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Ronaldo can score more goals"
- 14 Oct 06:30 FC SEVILLE, Tremoulinas: "We succeeded in defeating Barcelona because we worked as a real group"
- 13 Oct 13:04 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Neymar: "Of course I want new Barcelona deal"
- 12 Oct 06:30 BARCELONA FC, Neymar: "Both my gameplaying and my life here changed for the best"
- 09 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Mustafi's agent: "Bayern are after him"
- 08 Oct 06:00 CELTA, Nolito: "I'm not thinking about Barcelona"
- 07 Oct 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "I want to stay"
- 02 Oct 23:33 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Perez: "Ronaldo is a Blancos legend"
- 02 Oct 06:00 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "Contacts with Barcelona"
- 01 Oct 19:27 LEVANTE, Simao: "Ready to fight and struggle against Villarreal"
- 01 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Kovacic? He's got the qualities for becoming a champion"
- 30 Sep 06:29 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "I refused to join Porto"
- 29 Sep 18:48 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - BARCELONA FC, Rakitic: "We want to win for Leo and for our fans. Our style won't change"
- 29 Sep 17:59 REAL MADRID, 20-man squad for the match against Malmö: Bale out
- 29 Sep 13:15 CHAMPIONS, Barcelona v Leverkusen - Possible lineups: Leo Messi is irreplaceable
- 29 Sep 06:29 ATLETICO, Tiago: "I would like to end my career here"
- 24 Sep 13:39 VILLARREAL, Marcelino after Malaga accomplishment: "I'm extremely proud of my players"
- 23 Sep 08:19 BETIS, Joaquin: "Sousa didn't want to let me go"
- 22 Sep 16:00 BARCELONA FC, Medical report on Rafinha after surgery
- 22 Sep 07:00 BARCELONA, Neymar calls Coutinho
- 21 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "We don't have to pay 10 millions to De Gea"
- 19 Sep 16:00 VALENCIA v BETIS, Liga Matchday 4, Special Preview - Joaquín faces his own past
- 18 Sep 07:29 Europa League Matchday 1 aftermath - VILLARREAL, Marcelino after Austrian failure: "We were really bad during part of the game"
- 18 Sep 01:57 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - BARCELONA FC (Group E), Suarez: "No need to get upset for the outcome"
- 17 Sep 17:12 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - ZENIT (Group H), Hulk: "Important victory for us, Valencia are a great team"
- 17 Sep 00:34 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - VALENCIA (Group H), André Gomes: "We took some risks, and Zenit exploited it"
- 16 Sep 15:43 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - REAL MADRID (Group A), Ronaldo: "Proud of the scoring record reached"
- 16 Sep 15:20 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - ATLETICO MADRID (Group C), double scorer Griezmann: "We reached a good level, now we need to work and keep it"
- 16 Sep 08:19 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "I'm very happy"
- 16 Sep 02:00 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - GALATASARAY (Group C), Hamzaoglu: "Atletico are really good. Satisfied with my team's performance in the second half"
- 16 Sep 01:36 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part One - SHAKHTAR DONETSK (Group A), Lucescu: "Real Madrid's victory is a stolen one"
- 15 Sep 18:12 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - FC SEVILLE v BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH (Group D): Llorente searching for his first Andalusian header
- 15 Sep 16:23 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - GALATASARAY v ATLETICO MADRID (Group C): fresh start for Podolski
- 15 Sep 15:47 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Matchday 1, predicted lineups - REAL MADRID v SHAKHTAR (Group A): Isco from the kick-off
- 13 Sep 10:00 ATLETICO MADRID - BARCELONA FC 1-2, Matchbox: Neymar and Messi respond to Torres
- 11 Sep 17:11 ESPANYOL v REAL MADRID, Special Preview - James Rodriguez surely out
- 11 Sep 08:29 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Ronaldo to PSG? If they pay a billion..."
- 10 Sep 17:59 BARCELONA FC, Piqué: "I was wearing Buffon shirt during Real Madrid-Juventus, last May"
- 10 Sep 08:19 REAL MADRID, Perez: "I don't think De Gea will join in January"
- 10 Sep 00:39 BARCELONA FC, Mascherano charged with tax evasion
- 09 Sep 06:00 CELTA, Nolito: "Don't want to talk about my future"
- 08 Sep 18:19 REAL MADRID, Indoor training for Modric and Kovacic
- 08 Sep 11:09 REAL MADRID, Benzema happy with Merengues
- 04 Sep 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "De Gea didn't join cause of United"
- 03 Sep 06:00 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "Happy to stay"
- 02 Sep 10:45 REAL MADRID, Official statement on De Gea's missed transfer
- 02 Sep 08:15 MALAGA, Santa Cruz: "Great to be here"
- 31 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Neymar: "I want to play in the Copa America and the Olympics"
- 30 Aug 10:30 MALAGA, Javi Garcia: "I don't understand Darder's departure"
- 27 Aug 08:19 SEVILLA, Krychowiak: "I will stay"
- 21 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Everything can happen until August 31"
- 20 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Butragueno: "The transfer market? There is still time"
- 14 Aug 08:29 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "I want Pedro to stay"
- 13 Aug 16:29 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "Pedro would be perfect for Premier"
- 13 Aug 08:19 CELTA, Nolito: "Either I'll return to Barça, or I will stay here"
- 12 Aug 15:29 BARCELONA FC, Pedro: "Leaving? It's a matter of pitch time, not money"
- 12 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "I hope Pedro will stay"
- 11 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "Llorente? We must wait"
- 10 Aug 11:50 REAL BETIS, Vargas: "Great ambition, I hope to stay for so long"
- 10 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Soon a decision about Asensio"
- 09 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "The market? In August I'm always nervous"
- 08 Aug 06:00 RAYO, Martín Presa: "Zhang's signing has not been imposed"
- 07 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano: "I'm attached to my club"
- 06 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Mascherano's agent: "He wants to leave"
- 05 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "I want Pedro to stay"
- 04 Aug 06:00 BETIS, Mel: "No chances that Osvaldo will join us"
- 03 Aug 11:44 BARCELONA, Rakitic: "We will win when it matters"
- 03 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Garcia: "Happy of our new signings"
- 01 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Pedro will stay"
- 31 Jul 18:44 BARCELONA, Arda Turan suffers ankle sprain
- 30 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Mou? I only think about the present and the future"
- 29 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "In the future I could move abroad"
- 28 Nov 00:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, From UK: pantagruelic fee offer to Leo Messi
- 27 Nov 23:28 UKRAINE/ DNIPRO, Douglas' agent: "All 3 Turkish giants on him. There's already one offer"
- 27 Nov 22:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Mihajlovic admits José Mauri will leave in January
- 27 Nov 22:30 GERMANY/ AUGSBURG, Eyes on Engvall
- 27 Nov 22:00 MANCHESTER CITY, Caballero: "Hart is injured, and that's no good for us. But I have to step in"
- 27 Nov 21:27 ENGLAND/ WBA, Survey on Doucouré
- 27 Nov 20:57 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Still working on winter-signing Iturbe from AS Roma
- 27 Nov 20:29 REAL MADRID, Medical reported on Varane: 3 weeks stop
- 27 Nov 19:59 ITALY/ TORINO, Glik negotiating renewal
- 27 Nov 19:30 ISRAELI/ MACCABI TEL AVIV, 3 Bundesliga clubs surveying Zahavi
- 27 Nov 19:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Manchester City plan cash offer for Pastore
- 27 Nov 18:00 ENGLAND/ QPR, In talks with Hasselbaink as possible new manager
- 27 Nov 17:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Reopening on Cataldi's loan to Empoli
- 27 Nov 16:00 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sinama Pongolle joins Dundee United
- 27 Nov 15:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Thiago Carleto resigns from Botafogo
- 27 Nov 14:01 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mou wants Vardy and Dembele
- 27 Nov 13:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We can win Serie A"
- 27 Nov 13:02 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman insists will reject any offers for forward Sadio Mane
- 27 Nov 12:38 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Deulofeu insists he wants to stay
- 27 Nov 12:19 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Pulis would like to stay for the long term
- 27 Nov 12:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "Sanchez and Vardy are like lions"
- 27 Nov 11:40 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, New Neymar deal close
- 27 Nov 11:22 ITALY/ UDINESE, Di Natale asking to quit before
- 27 Nov 10:58 ITALY/ INTER, Pirlo is still a market target
- 27 Nov 10:44 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Balotelli against Reds return
- 27 Nov 10:31 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger is targeting Lars Bender
- 27 Nov 10:15 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Messi in big-money City move
- 27 Nov 09:57 ITALY/ INTER, Sevilla and Sporting Lisbona interested in Ranocchia
- 27 Nov 00:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Possible winter attempt for Ranocchia due to Andreolli's injury
- 26 Nov 23:00 ITALY/ TORINO, Eyes on Caldara
- 26 Nov 22:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Bilic wants Gökhan Töre again with him
- 26 Nov 21:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Working on getting Benatia back
- 26 Nov 20:00 UAE/ AL-WAHDA, Back for Amauri
- 26 Nov 19:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool loan Marsh to Wednesday
- 26 Nov 19:00 BRAZIL/ GREMIO, Suggestion for Marcelo Toscano
- 26 Nov 18:27 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Alégué
- 26 Nov 17:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland loan Bridcutt to Leeds
- 26 Nov 17:29 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Winter suggestion for Van Persie
- 26 Nov 16:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Kingsley joins Swansea City back
- 26 Nov 16:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bruno Peres renews for Torino
- 26 Nov 16:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA JUNIORS, Done for Osvaldo's return
- 26 Nov 15:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Culpi resigns from Atletico Mineiro
- 26 Nov 14:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: bargain hunter
- 26 Nov 13:27 LEICESTER CITY & WBA, Eyes on Darikwa
- 26 Nov 12:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER 96, Lead over Werder on Lezcano
- 26 Nov 12:29 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Abramovich wants Ribéry
- 26 Nov 11:59 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Willing to bring Juan back
- 26 Nov 11:30 SWITZERLAND/ YOUNG BOYS, Planning to get Michael Frey back
- 26 Nov 11:00 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Deulofeu: "Back to Barça? No way, I love Toffees". Sums and situation
- 26 Nov 10:27 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Leroy Fer might join back in January
According to what reported by The Sun, Manchester City have submitted Barcelona FC and Argentinian NT star forward Lionel Messi (28), four times Ballon d'Or winner (all the editions from 2009 to 2012) and recordman of any kinds, both on an individual and a team level, an
Napoli captain Marek Hamsik admitted the team's exploits this season have taken him by surprise, but he feels his side can mount a
As reported on Real Madrid official site, French star centre-back Raphaël Varane fell victim of an injury, which, according to news on Spanish me
Summoned to replace Joe Hart during latest Champions League game against Juventus, due to the latter's injury, Willy Caballero, appointed as Manch
Interviewed by Maxifoot.fr, Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta stated: "My renewal with PSG? I've always been honest with the c
Scorer of the temporary equalizing goal in last Bundesliga match againt Bayern Munich, which in the end won 3-1 at Veltins-Arena, Schalke 04 risi