REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 15.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 27 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "I could have stayed at Benfica, but.."
- 26 Apr 11:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We want to get good players here"
- 24 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "I will honour my contract"
- 23 Apr 14:30 REAL MADRID, S. Ramos: "Ancelotti deserves praise"
- 23 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Illarramendi: "I want to stay"
- 22 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We are not planning to sign Pogba"
- 21 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Douglas' agent: "He has no intention to leave"
- 19 Apr 11:30 ATLETICO M., Mandzukic: "I want to stay for a long time"
- 18 Apr 06:00 CELTA, Krohn-Dehli's agent: "He will leave for sure"
- 17 Apr 06:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "Gaya won't join Real"
- 16 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "I want to end my career here"
- 14 Apr 19:16 SPAIN, Puyol: "To play or to coach? I do not rule out any option"
- 14 Apr 18:48 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Atletico are undisputed favourites - not Real"
- 11 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We are in talks for Alves' new deal"
- 10 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Pedro's agent: "No contacts with Inter"
- 09 Apr 12:24 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique about Xavi: "I want him to stay and help us"
- 09 Apr 06:20 VALENCIA, André Gomes: "Chelsea? I am happy here"
- 07 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Miranda: "I am staying here"
- 06 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Xavi can stay, if he wants"
- 05 Apr 10:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We need new players"
- 04 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Would I rejoin Milan? Of course"
- 03 Apr 17:30 BARCELONA, unconcerned by Messi injury
- 02 Apr 14:44 REAL MADRID, Roberto Carlos: "Danilo will succeed in getting under the spotlight"
- 02 Apr 13:31 VILLARREAL, Vietto: "It would be a dream come true to play alongside Messi"
- 31 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Lucas Silva: "I want to stay"
- 30 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Alves: "Proud to be in this club, but.."
- 29 Mar 12:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I haven't signed for PSG"
- 28 Mar 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I am happy here"
- 27 Mar 06:00 MALAGA, Amrabat's agent: "My future? In the Summer we'll see"
- 26 Mar 18:42 REAL MADRID, Sergio Ramos: "Iniesta the boyfriend every mother wants"
- 26 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Khedira: "I need a new challenge"
- 25 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Suarez: "I could have left in January"
- 24 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, S. Ramos: "I don't see myself with another team"
- 23 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Vilalverde: "Arda Turan will remain with us"
- 22 Mar 10:30 BARCELONA, Xavi: "New York or Qatar? There are also other options"
- 20 Mar 17:45 BARCELONA, Xavi: "Messi belongs to a league of his own"
- 19 Mar 06:00 ESPANYOL, Vazquez: "Joining Liverpool? I have no idea"
- 18 Mar 19:00 REAL MADRID, Stoichkov: "Sooner or later, Cristiano will be sold by his president"
- 18 Mar 16:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres about AC Milan: "A group that needs patience"
- 18 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone's agent: "Soon good news about his new deal"
- 17 Mar 19:31 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "Messi will make City suffer"
- 17 Mar 06:00 VALENCIA, Piatti: "I am happy here"
- 16 Mar 15:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Ramos: "Ancelotti deserves respect"
- 15 Mar 10:30 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I will stay until 2016"
- 14 Mar 06:30 BARCELONA, Luis Suarez: "I am happy here"
- 13 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Ancelotti will stay"
- 12 Mar 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "Gayà will stay"
- 11 Mar 11:44 REAL MADRID, Frustrated Ronaldo snubs media
- 11 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "We are with Ancelotti"
- 10 Mar 06:00 BARCELONA, Pedro: "My future? At the end of the season, I'll decide"
- 09 Mar 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto's agent: "All the great clubs are after him"
- 08 Mar 09:30 RAYO, Jémez: "I didn't say that I'm leaving, but..."
- 07 Mar 06:00 ATLETICO, Gimenez: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 05 Mar 19:45 REAL MADRID, Kroos:" I joined Madrid for Ancelotti"
- 05 Mar 06:00 MALAGA, Torres: "It was easy to accept the club's offer"
- 04 Mar 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 03 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Kroos: "I am very well here"
- 02 Mar 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto: "Inter or Real? I'm focused on my team"
- 01 Mar 06:30 VALENCIA, Salvo: "We want to extend Gayà's deal"
- 28 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "No problems about Simeone's renewal"
- 27 Feb 18:44 VILLARREAL, Marcelino: "I would prefer any other team than a Spanish side"
- 27 Feb 15:00 VILLARREAL, Cheryshev: "Defeating Red Bull demanded us a lot"
- 27 Feb 13:22 VILLARREAL v FC SEVILLE, Europa League Spanish derby
- 27 Feb 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 26 Feb 03:57 ATLETICO MADRID, Gabi: "We can reverse the outcome at Calderon"
- 25 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Luis Enrique will remain for the next season too"
- 24 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Busquets: "I would like to play in England one day"
- 23 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Extending my deal? We share the same targets"
- 22 Feb 06:30 ELCHE, Jonathas: "Don't know anything about Sevilla"
- 21 Feb 03:30 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "We want to win it all this season"
- 20 Feb 03:03 REAL MADRID, Kroos: "Ronaldo wrong to host party after derby debacle"
- 18 Feb 06:00 ESPANYOL, Sergio Garcia's agent: "He has refused an offer from China"
- 17 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Espirito Santo: "Gayà going nowhere"
- 16 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Miranda: "I am happy here"
- 14 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Javi Fuego: "No contacts for my new contract"
- 13 Feb 20:39 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Rosell to answer for Neymar transfer"
- 13 Feb 06:00 SEVILLA, Deulofeu: "Back to Barça? Don't want to talk about it"
- 12 Feb 10:14 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "I never doubted about the club"
- 11 Feb 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto: "I am not thinking about Real"
- 10 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Griezmann: "I could have joined Barcelona"
- 09 Feb 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Many clubs were after Saul"
- 07 Feb 06:29 VALENCIA, Feghouli: "The new contract? I am waiting"
- 06 Feb 17:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Torres: "I never felt relevant at AC Milan"
- 06 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Pedro: "I am happy here"
- 05 Feb 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I hope to stay"
- 04 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "Happy of our transfer market campaign"
- 03 Feb 11:36 BARCELONA, Ter Stegen: "We have a chance in all three competitions"
- 30 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone's son: "One day he will move to Italy"
- 29 Jan 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We are in talks for Gayà's new deal"
- 28 Jan 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Messi will remain for a long time"
- 27 Jan 06:00 ATHLETIC, Laporte: "I'm not thinking about moving to England"
- 26 Jan 16:30 BARCELONA, Neymar: "Ronaldo should be punished"
- 26 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Butragueno: "Illarramendi is a Real player"
- 24 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ramos is important for us"
- 23 Jan 06:00 REAL, Ronaldo's agent: "He could end his career in Madrid"
- 22 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Suarez won't leave"
- 21 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Never to Real"
- 20 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Siqueira's agent: "The club wants to keep him"
- 19 Jan 06:00 ATLETICO, Rodríguez: "Looking forward to join Parma"
- 18 Jan 06:30 RAYO, Jemez: "Training the national team would be an honor"
- 28 Apr 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Podolski wants to rejoin Arsenal"
- 27 Apr 23:27 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, José Mauri about to join
- 27 Apr 22:57 USA/ OFFICIAL, Chicago sign Solignac
- 27 Apr 22:29 ITALY/ INTER, Mission for Dabney
- 27 Apr 21:59 SPAIN/ RAYO, Jemez could renew
- 27 Apr 21:30 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, António Carlos quits Sao Paulo
- 27 Apr 21:00 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini calls Dybala
- 27 Apr 20:37 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Verbis will play for Copenhagen
- 27 Apr 20:17 ITALY/ TORINO, Two clubs after Glik
- 27 Apr 19:59 TURKEY/ ELAGIZSPOR, French suitors for Traoré
- 27 Apr 19:39 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Benitez could stay
- 27 Apr 19:20 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Keen on Sako
- 27 Apr 19:00 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting for Allan
- 27 Apr 18:45 ARGENTINA/ ROSARIO, Cervi renews
- 27 Apr 18:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Planning an offer for Demirbay
- 27 Apr 18:15 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, 2 more Russian rivals towards Thauvin
- 27 Apr 18:00 ITALY/ UDINESE, Willing to bring Simone Pepe back from Juventus: duel to AS Monaco
- 27 Apr 17:48 ITALY/ GENOA, Tracking Farias
- 27 Apr 17:36 STOKE CITY & EVERTON, Eyes on Weiser
- 27 Apr 17:24 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "I'll always be grateful to Arsenal"
- 27 Apr 17:12 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Duel to Valencia for Zuniga
- 27 Apr 17:00 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Dragovic on target
- 27 Apr 16:48 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC BILBAO, Renewal is on for Gurpegi
- 27 Apr 16:36 FRANCE/ PSG, Willing to strike City and Bayern out on De Bruyne
- 27 Apr 16:24 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Mihajlovic wants to bring De Silvestri together with him
- 27 Apr 16:12 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Willing to sign again Adebayor
- 27 Apr 16:00 HOLLAND/ AJAX, Suggestion for Cardozo
- 27 Apr 15:40 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Back tracking Destro
- 27 Apr 15:17 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Celta Vigo got the lead on Jonathas
- 27 Apr 14:57 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Keen on Enes Unal
- 27 Apr 14:29 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AC Milan, Torres might be called back if Cerci leaves
- 27 Apr 13:59 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Decision has been made: Chicharito stays
- 27 Apr 13:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Duel to Liverpool on Patrick Roberts
- 27 Apr 13:00 HOLLAND/ PSV, Depay about United and Reds interest: "I know nothing myself so I have nothing to say"
- 27 Apr 12:44 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Rodgers on Depay
- 27 Apr 12:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Hernandez is undroppable
- 27 Apr 12:14 ITALY/ INTER, Icardi: new deal for him
- 27 Apr 12:05 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Henry: "Gunners need fuor stars"
- 27 Apr 11:52 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho has launched a verbal attack on Arsenal
- 27 Apr 11:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Baselli
- 27 Apr 10:57 FRANCE/ SAINT-ETIENNE, Wass on target
- 27 Apr 10:27 MLS - USA/ NY RED BULLS, Approaching Kolo Touré
- 27 Apr 09:59 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Leonardo Ruiz on target
- 27 Apr 09:29 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Duel to Italian and German rivals for José Mauri
- 27 Apr 09:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, More suitors for Rodriguez
- 27 Apr 08:30 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Westerlo sign Daems
- 27 Apr 07:57 ITALY/ PALERMO, Andelkovic injured
- 27 Apr 07:27 MONTPELLIER, Mounier: "I would like to try an experience abroad"
- 27 Apr 06:59 WERDER, Eichin: "No offers for Di Santo"
- 27 Apr 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "We need a new striker"
UK tabloids reported Chelsea star midfielder Cesc Fabregas' latest words, released to BBC after the 0-0 draw gained at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium: "I won't deny that it was a special day for me. Last night I thought about many moments, and I'm glad it en
Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini has declared: "In Italy, we have a habit of not being able to wait. Not everything can be done quickly, especia
Real Sociedad coach David Moyes has declared: "We want to get good players here. Illarramendi is a very good player and the president, myself and
UK tabloids reported Chelsea star midfielder Cesc Fabregas' latest words, released to BBC after the 0-0 draw gained at Arsenal's Emirates Stad
Montpellier 27-year-old attacking midfielder Anthony Mounier has declared: "I hear all around saying that I want to leave, but l am not intereste
Wolfsburg 26-year-old striker Ivan Perisic has told WAZ: "I have two more years on my contract and my goal is to stay here for another two years.