REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 15.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 31 Jul 18:44 BARCELONA, Arda Turan suffers ankle sprain
- 30 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Mou? I only think about the present and the future"
- 29 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "In the future I could move abroad"
- 28 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "Ramos? We'll see"
- 27 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Pepe: "I'm sure Ramos will stay"
- 25 Jul 12:30 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "I am sure that Sergio Ramos will stay"
- 24 Jul 09:30 REAL MADRID, Benzema's agent: "This year he will stay"
- 23 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Who wants Adriano must pay his clause"
- 22 Jul 06:29 BARCELONA, Suarez: "I would like Pedro to stay"
- 17 Jul 06:30 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Turan could leave"
- 13 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We have been after Immobile for a long time"
- 10 Jul 06:00 BETIS, Piccini: "Happy to be here"
- 09 Jul 06:00 BETIS, Macia: "We are interested in Pazzini"
- 08 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Pedro: "My situation is delicate"
- 07 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "This year Pogba won't join us"
- 06 Jul 06:00 REAL MADRID, Lucas Silva: "Honored by Fiorentina's interest"
- 01 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Krychowiak: "i have no intention to leave"
- 30 Jun 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto: "I am about to join Atletico"
- 26 Jun 07:27 OM, Labrune: "We want to sell Imbula"
- 26 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Bacca"
- 25 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We like Rami, but"
- 24 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "Soon a decision about his future"
- 23 Jun 06:00 VILLARREAL, Roig: "We have signed Leo Baptistao"
- 22 Jun 06:00 VILLARREAL, Marcelino: "Atletico have paid Vietto's clause"
- 21 Jun 09:30 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Contacts with Tevez, but he wants to join Boca"
- 20 Jun 06:00 VALENCIA, Otamendi: "The club knows what I want"
- 19 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Ochoa: "My agent is looking for a new club"
- 18 Jun 09:15 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Only Koke and Godin are unsellable"
- 17 Jun 06:00 BETIS, Mel: "Piccini will move back to Fiorentina"
- 16 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Mandzukic's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 15 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Coentrao: "One day I will join Benfica.."
- 14 Jun 06:30 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "Inter agreable destination"
- 13 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "We are about to sign Kakuta"
- 12 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Darder: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 11 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Navas: "Only God knows if I'll stay"
- 09 Jun 18:06 BARCELONA FC, Bartomeu: "We've closed the deal for Luis Enrique to remain"
- 09 Jun 06:00 BETIS, Ollero: "We are in advanced talks with van der Vaart"
- 08 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca's agente: "Many clubs after him"
- 07 Jun 09:30 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I have an offer from Italy"
- 06 Jun 08:29 SEVILLA, Emery: "Happy to stay"
- 05 Jun 16:48 Photos from Berlin about Juventus-Barcellona
- 05 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Griezmann: "I'm happy here"
- 04 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Darder's agent: "He wants to join Inter"
- 03 Jun 16:15 REAL MADRID, Benitez: "It is an emotional day because I've returned home"
- 03 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "Emery has an offer from Napoli"
- 02 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "Emery could renew"
- 01 Jun 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "I would like to dip into the Premier League market"
- 31 May 08:59 VILLARREAL, Vietto: "If Atletico will pay my release clause..."
- 30 May 06:00 VALENCIA, Negredo: "I would like to stay"
- 29 May 01:59 BARCELONA, Mascherano:" I wouldn't trade places with Messi"
- 28 May 16:51 FC SEVILLE, Monchi about Emery future: "I don't know what he'll do"
- 28 May 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "My future? I am learning English"
- 27 May 06:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "If Otamendi wants to leave..."
- 26 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "Mi future? In two weeks"
- 25 May 06:00 REAL MADRID, CR7, I hope Ancelotti will stay
- 24 May 06:59 ATLETICO, Torres: "I want to end my career here"
- 23 May 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "Happy if De Gea joins us"
- 22 May 15:15 ATHLETIC BILBAO/ OFFICIAL, Manager Valverde renews
- 22 May 06:59 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Nothing true about Ancelotti"
- 21 May 06:00 ATLETICO, Simeone: "We haven't talked about Higuain"
- 20 May 06:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "Emery is happy here"
- 19 May 06:00 REAL MADRID, Butragueno: "It's not the moment to talk about Ancelotti's future"
- 18 May 06:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "Martínez won't join Liverpool"
- 17 May 09:00 RAYO, Jemez: "I don't think I'll stay"
- 16 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Faus: "Some important players could leave"
- 15 May 06:00 REAL MADRID, Bale's agent: "He will be the one deciding his future"
- 14 May 09:30 REAL MADRID, Bale promises Madrid will 'come back stronger'
- 14 May 06:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I'm happy here, but.."
- 13 May 06:00 VALENCIA, Gayà: "I hope to stay for many years"
- 12 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "It's nonsense to talk about my future"
- 11 May 06:00 CELTA, Nolito: "Don't know anything about Porto"
- 10 May 10:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "I'm not going anywhere"
- 09 May 06:00 VILLARREAL, Vietto's agent: "No agreement with Atletico"
- 08 May 13:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes possibly departing after just one season 2 Premier League suitors
- 08 May 06:00 REAL MADRID, Bale's agent: "Why should he leave?"
- 07 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 06 May 13:24 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, First convocation for Vermaelen
- 06 May 12:36 REAL MADRID, James: "Madrid have to go out and kill Juventus in second leg"
- 06 May 12:12 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, S. Ramos: "We're one step from the final and we're going to give it our all at the Bernabeu"
- 06 May 06:00 ATLETICO, Saul: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 05 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "A pity that I never played for Athletic"
- 04 May 10:00 LEVANTE, Alcaraz: "I don't care about my own future, I'm just focused on not getting relegated"
- 04 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "I hope Dani Alves will stay"
- 03 May 09:30 SEVILLA, Vitolo: "Happy to stay"
- 01 May 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "Arsenal? No, I will stay here"
- 30 Apr 06:19 BARCELONA, Iniesta: "I think that sometimes Guardiola has thought about me"
- 29 Apr 06:00 VALENCIA, Negredo: "I hope to end my career here"
- 28 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Hernandez: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 27 Apr 06:00 ATLETICO, Siqueira: "I could have stayed at Benfica, but.."
- 26 Apr 11:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We want to get good players here"
- 24 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "I will honour my contract"
- 23 Apr 14:30 REAL MADRID, S. Ramos: "Ancelotti deserves praise"
- 23 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Illarramendi: "I want to stay"
- 22 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We are not planning to sign Pogba"
- 21 Apr 06:00 BARCELONA, Douglas' agent: "He has no intention to leave"
- 19 Apr 11:30 ATLETICO M., Mandzukic: "I want to stay for a long time"
- 18 Apr 06:00 CELTA, Krohn-Dehli's agent: "He will leave for sure"
- 17 Apr 06:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "Gaya won't join Real"
- 16 Apr 06:00 REAL MADRID, Casillas: "I want to end my career here"
- 14 Apr 19:16 SPAIN, Puyol: "To play or to coach? I do not rule out any option"
- 31 Jul 19:16 MONTREAL, Drogba: "I won't be a burden to Montreal Impact"
- 31 Jul 19:03 BAYERN MUNICH, Lewandowski: "The best is yet to come"
- 31 Jul 18:44 BARCELONA, Arda Turan suffers ankle sprain
- 31 Jul 18:30 FRANCE/ PSG, Next week meeting for Thiago Motta future
- 31 Jul 18:15 ITALY/ LAZIO & INTER, Duel with Tottenham for Susic
- 31 Jul 18:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Cazorla and Walcott's renewals: "Delighted from that, they are important for us"
- 31 Jul 17:47 FRANCE/ GUINGAMP, Briand about to attend medicals
- 31 Jul 17:44 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL,Completed the signing of Gestede
- 31 Jul 17:43 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter sign Jovetic
- 31 Jul 17:35 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Digby training with squad
- 31 Jul 17:22 BREAKING NEWS - ITALY/ AS ROMA, Agreement for Dzeko: done. Defining details with City
- 31 Jul 17:09 UAE/ OFFICIAL, Al-Ahli sign Fetfatzidis from Genoa
- 31 Jul 16:56 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Sivasspor sign Caraglio
- 31 Jul 16:43 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Majestic double offer to Lazio for De Vrij and Felipe Anderson
- 31 Jul 16:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Valencia loan Cartabia out to Deportivo La Coruña
- 31 Jul 16:17 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Twente sign Olaitan on loan from Olympiakos
- 31 Jul 16:04 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, Attempt for Ashley Williams ready
- 31 Jul 16:03 SPAIN/ EXCLUSIVE YMW - Getafe: thinking about Novellino
- 31 Jul 15:56 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Borussia D. Aubameyang has extended until 2020
- 31 Jul 15:54 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Hysaj has signed
- 31 Jul 15:51 BREAKING NEWS - ITALY/ JUVENTUS, In touch with City for Nasri
- 31 Jul 15:38 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, 3 suitors for Aly Cissokho
- 31 Jul 15:25 BREAKING NEWS - FRANCE/ O.L., Valbuena more and more likely to join
- 31 Jul 15:12 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ LEICESTER CITY, West Ham defeated on Kanté
- 31 Jul 14:57 BREAKING NEWS - ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Breakup with Balotelli is complete. A new Italian surprise suitor
- 31 Jul 14:44 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, De Graafschap sign Kabasele on loan from Anderlecht again
- 31 Jul 14:31 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Survey on...another Soriano
- 31 Jul 14:18 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Arsenal renew Cazorla's and Walcott's deals
- 31 Jul 14:05 BREAKING NEWS - ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Astori more and more likely to join
- 31 Jul 13:52 BREAKING NEWS - TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Agreement with Inler. Talks with Napoli started
- 31 Jul 13:39 BREAKING NEWS - FRANCE/ PSG, Done for Di Maria: 63 million euros paid to United
- 31 Jul 13:26 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Napoli, Hysaj about to be signed
- 31 Jul 13:13 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Gilardino refuses Olympiakos and hopes in Fiorentina new offer
- 31 Jul 13:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Hayden about to leave on loan
- 31 Jul 12:45 SCOTLAND/ CELTIC, Wolfsburg challenged on Hamzaoui
- 31 Jul 12:30 INDIA/ OFFICIAL, Pune City sign Mutu and Zokora
- 31 Jul 12:16 FC SEVILLE & TOTTENHAM, Duel for Llorente in the viewfinder
- 31 Jul 12:02 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Queretaro sign Forlín
- 31 Jul 11:46 BREAKING NEWS - PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Osvaldo likely to join on a 2 years deal
- 31 Jul 11:31 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, To delay Pedro sale
- 31 Jul 11:14 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Adebayor will sign today with Aston Villa
- 31 Jul 11:02 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Arsenal's target Illarramendi rejects to join Liverpool
- 31 Jul 10:46 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Genk sign Unal from City
- 31 Jul 10:44 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Joining Stones' chase
- 31 Jul 10:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Palermo still keen on Campbell
- 31 Jul 09:57 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Dzeko set to join Roma
- 31 Jul 09:55 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL,Hayden is on the verge of completing a season-long loan deal to Hull City
- 31 Jul 09:00 USA/ OFFICIAL, Orlando sign Mateos
- 31 Jul 08:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Gabriel Silva joins Carpi
- 31 Jul 08:30 JAPAN/ OFFICIAL, Cerezo Osaka sign Edmilson
Commenting upon deal renewals signed by both Santi Cazorla and Theo Walcott, announced by Arsenal just today, Gunners manager Arsène Wenger stated: “We are delighted to have extended the contracts of Santi and Theo. Both are top quality players who are hugely im
Valencia forward Alvaro Negredo has declared: "Since the last days of the season I have been thinking about Valencia only. My only idea is to sta
Barcelona have announced that Turkey international Arda Turan has sprained his ankle and faces a brief spell on the sidelines.
The 28-year-old join
Commenting upon deal renewals signed by both Santi Cazorla and Theo Walcott, announced by Arsenal just today, Gunners manager Arsène Wenger sta
Mikkel Beck, agent of PSG full back Lucas Digne, has told Ekstra Bladet: "A negotiation with Liverpoo? At the moment there is nothing, I didn'
Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has vowed to show the fans what he is capable of in his second season at the Bundesliga champions.