REAL MADRID, Mourinho: "Our people won’t have it easy against Alcoyano"
31.10.2012 14.37 by TM W
© foto di Acero/Alterphotos/Image Sport
José Mouinho appeared in the Real Madrid City pressroom the day before his team debuts at the Copa del Rey (King's Cup) against Alcoyano at the El Collado stadium. The white team’s coach analyzed the game that Pepe, Alonso, Özil, Ramos, and Ronaldo aren’t called up for and the academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling to: “I don’t see that it’s going to be easy to win the playoff game on Alcoyano’s home turf. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow because we’re going to a field full of motivation, hope, and cheerfulness. We want to win the playoff, and if we win tomorrow, that's best. If we come home with an open result or a small step toward classifying, that’s not bad. I respect the opponent and their cheer. Our people won’t have it easy tomorrow.”
The Portuguese coach talked about the importance this new competition opening tomorrow has for his team: “All the competitions and all the games are important. We’re going to Alcoy to play against a team that hasn't been at the top of football for a time, but we respect them and we know about the game's difficulty. We respect Alcoyano and the competition, that’s the first thing. Last year we got to the round of eight and before that they eliminated the team a long time before.”
He gave an advance on part of the selection, some of the absences, and the two main new players: “I’m not calling Pepe, Ramos, Özil, and Ronaldo. Alonso isn’t traveling either. The others are called up by regulations and because we don’t have any others. No less than seven players of the first team can play. Since Nacho, Morata, and Jesús are signed for the second team, they don’t enter in. We have to go with those who are available. The academy players Álex and José Rodríguez will be traveling.”
Asked about his relationship with Toril, the Real Madrid Castilla coach, he was sharp: “We have a normal relationship. There are not any wars. I do my work on the first team and he does his on the B team. I have three players that he can use when he wants and I can let them go. That is a positive thing for both of us, because he has the possibility of using three players with a good level, and I have players who have minutes, even if they don’t play much on the first team. He has his autonomy and I think it is good he does. We play with a game system and model different from his and there are players who play on Castilla in positions that don't exist on the first team, like nine and a half, and that's where Jesé plays. Our sideline players play high and his play low. There are few points of contact between the two ways of playing. In that sense, the guys are the ones who are affected. Our relationship is normal and I respect his autonomy. I don’t say anything to the press that I haven’t already said internally. I don’t ever do that. Toril knows about everything I’ve talked to you about. He knows that with me, Nacho will never be central, but he has his autonomy. He has to know if it is more important to help a player’s progression or to end up fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth."
When questioned about the academy players Nacho and Fabinho, he revealed: “Fabinho is a player who has the age that almost all Castilla’s players should have. If there isn’t sufficient level to play on the first squad at 23 or 24 years, you’re not going to make the first team at 27 or 28 years. When there are players of 18 or 19 with potential, you're watching their training process so that some of them get to the first team. Fabinho is at that place where he could make it or not, and that’s why it seems positive to me that he, Alex, or José Rodríguez are on the reserve team. In addition, the last two are going to be called up tomorrow because they have the potential and the age to make the first team in a definitive way. In this sense the criticism I’ve received doesn’t make sense, because I am the champion of those coming up. Between 1999 and 2003, Pavón, Luis García, Álex Pérez, Olalla, Corrales, Aranda, Carlos Sánchez, Dorado, Meca, Miñambres, Borja, Zárate, Fernando, Portillo, Valdo, Rubén, Raúl Bravo, and Aganzo made their debut, and out of all of them, the ones who had the best career in Real Madrid were Pavón and Raúl Bravo. With Pellegrini, Marcos Alonso, Mosquera, and Juanfran made their debut, with a total of nine minutes among them. With Juan de Ramos Parejo, Gary, and Tébar debuted. Before Codina and Bueno, and before that Miguel Torres with 25 games, and he’s been an important man. And Nieto, Mejía, Paredes, Riki, and Núñez… I want players who stay on the first team.”
Concerning the chants and insults that Cristiano Ronaldo receives every time he plays away from home, Mourinho said: “I don’t think what they say changes people. That’s what there is and it isn’t easy for a player to be insulted at each game he plays away from Bernabéu. What’s important to me is that he doesn’t respond with insults or a lack of manners. Sometimes there are complications in his reactions to the public or to some opponent, but he never responds with bad manners. I’ve never seen him do it.”
Varante was another one of the names about which Mourinho gave his opinion: “Raphaël made his debut here last year against Rayo and against Ajax in the Champions. Now he's got 10 or 15 games behind him playing for the first team, and it's a surprise only for those who aren't paying attention." Finally, and in reference for his favorite for the Ballón D’Or, he was clear: “To me, that’s closed. For our part, the campaign in favor of the one we believe deserves to win it is closed. We have begun the period for respecting those who vote and we will respect their decision in the end. What’s important is to win games.”
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 19 Jun 06:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Chelsea? I am happy in Spain"
- 18 Jun 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Liverpool are keen on Luis Alberto, but.."
- 17 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Isco: "Morata and Nacho want me in Madrid, but.."
- 16 Jun 06:29 BARCELONA, Villa: "It's not the right moment to talk about my future"
- 14 Jun 15:20 MALAGA, Isco: "I'll weigh City offer, Pellegrini is my football father"
- 14 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Montoya's agent: "Inter? He is not for sale"
- 13 Jun 16:18 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo denies extension talk
- 12 Jun 21:00 BARCELONA, Messi denies any wrongdoing in a tax row
- 12 Jun 19:15 BARCELONA, Messi and his father accused of tax fraud in Spain
- 12 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Isco: "I want to make the history of this club"
- 11 Jun 13:00 FC SEVILLE, Rakitic: "Rumours about Liverpool? I'm proud"
- 11 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Fabregas: "Never thought about leaving"
- 10 Jun 05:59 BARCELONA, Abidal: "Guardiola wants me at Bayern"
- 09 Jun 06:59 ATLETICO DE MADRID, Courtois: "I have talked to Mourinho, I am staying"
- 08 Jun 06:00 VALENCIA, Soldado: "I want to stay"
- 07 Jun 19:10 REAL MADRID, Xabi Alonso might miss several months
- 07 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Callejón: "I will remain until 2015"
- 06 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Fernández: "I hope to remain"
- 05 Jun 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Juve have not asked me Higuain"
- 04 Jun 06:00 MALAGA, Lugano: "I am moving back to PSG"
- 03 Jun 06:00 ESPANYOL, Aguirre: "I want to extend, but.."
- 02 Jun 06:29 REAL MADRID, Higuain: "I will leave. Juventus? They are interested"
- 01 Jun 06:00 BARCELONA, Puyol: "Never thought about AC Milan"
- 31 May 10:00 BARCELONA, Camp Nou to honour Abidal after Malaga match
- 31 May 06:00 SEVILLA, Negredo: "Ready to evaluate eventual offers"
- 30 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Thiago Alcantara: "My future? After the Euro Under 21.."
- 29 May 06:00 SEVILLA, Kondogbia: "I want to stay"
- 28 May 06:00 ATLETICO DE MADRID, Cerezo: "Falcao is still our player"
- 27 May 06:20 BARCELONA, Vilanova: "Neymar was my priority"
- 25 May 05:59 ATLETICO, Simeone: "We are working to keep Courtois"
- 24 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I will remain here"
- 23 May 06:00 MALAGA, Aguilar: "Real Madrid are concretely interested in Isco"
- 22 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "It would be great if Neymar would join us"
- 21 May 06:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "It was the right time to split-up with Mourinho"
- 20 May 16:20 BARCELONA FC, Dani Alves: "I'm fine here, but I'm not ruling PSG out"
- 20 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Vilanova: "Everybody would like to have Neymar"
- 19 May 06:29 BARCELONA, Sanchez's agent: "Back to Italy? I can't exclude anything"
- 18 May 06:00 MALAGA, Antunes: "I would like to remain"
- 17 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Pedro: "I hope I can remain"
- 16 May 14:44 REAL MADRID, Xabi Alonso: “We feel confident to win the Copa”
- 16 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Messi: "I would never move to another European club"
- 15 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Fabregas: "I feel important for this team"
- 14 May 14:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Messi stops for 2-3 weeks
- 14 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "I thought Valdes was going to extend"
- 13 May 06:00 MALAGA, Pellegrini: "Let'see what will happen inside the club"
- 12 May 06:30 MALAGA, Pellegrini: "My future? Nothing concrete for the moment"
- 11 May 06:00 ATLETICO DE MADRID, Cerezo: "Villa? We always want great players"
- 10 May 09:47 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "Madrid must stop squabbling"
- 10 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Abidal: "No calls from the club, it means that they don't want me"
- 09 May 06:00 VALENCIA, Soldado: "I want to remain, but.."
- 20 Jun 00:00 INTER, Donati's agent: "He would be happy to move to Germany"
- 19 Jun 23:50 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Cavani unlikely to join
- 19 Jun 23:40 UKRAINE/ DYNAMO, Eyes on Savic
- 19 Jun 23:30 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, The plan for Isco
- 19 Jun 23:20 RUSSIA/ ANZHI, Agreement for Kerzhakov
- 19 Jun 23:10 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Keen on two Manchester City players
- 19 Jun 23:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Sprint for Pjanic
- 19 Jun 22:50 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Meeting with Di Natale
- 19 Jun 22:40 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Higuain gets closer
- 19 Jun 22:30 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting with Chivu
- 19 Jun 22:20 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Sevidov is Karpaty new coach
- 19 Jun 22:10 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Still keen on Yilmaz
- 19 Jun 22:00 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Lokomotiv sign Tkachev
- 19 Jun 21:50 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Also some Russian clubs after El Shaarawy
- 19 Jun 21:40 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Bastia sign Keseru
- 19 Jun 21:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New offer for Kolarov ready
- 19 Jun 21:20 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Four suitors for Nico Lopez
- 19 Jun 21:10 INTER & AC MILAN, Nocerino-Silvestre possible swap
- 19 Jun 21:00 ITALY/ INTER, Lead on Paletta
- 19 Jun 20:50 TURKEY/ FENERBAHCE, A Serie A suitor back for Cristian Baroni
- 19 Jun 20:40 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Petagna still on target
- 19 Jun 20:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 4 Serie A suitors for Bressan
- 19 Jun 20:20 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Confirms on Gündogan about to join
- 19 Jun 20:10 INTER & PARMA, Cassano-Belfodil swap about to be announced
- 19 Jun 20:00 ENGLAND/ MAN. UNITED, Napoli challenged on signing Rami
- 19 Jun 19:50 ITALY/ UDINESE, Duel to Parma for Abel Hernandez
- 19 Jun 19:40 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Sealing the deal for Nainggolan
- 19 Jun 19:30 BRAZIL/ SAO PAULO, Lucio offered to two Bundesliga giants
- 19 Jun 19:20 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Ultimate attempt for ter Stegen
- 19 Jun 19:10 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Juventus renew Boakye and Immobile's co-ownerships with Genoa
- 19 Jun 19:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Eyes on Dong-Won Ji
- 19 Jun 18:50 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sunderland sign Moberg Karlsson
- 19 Jun 18:40 FRANCE/ OL, Grenier could extend
- 19 Jun 18:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Torino sign Stevanovic on permanent deal
- 19 Jun 18:20 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Offer for Marramendi
- 19 Jun 18:10 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Offer for Longo
- 19 Jun 18:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA M., Sprint for Raffael
- 19 Jun 17:50 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Espanyol sign Fuentes
- 19 Jun 17:40 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Target Grenier may sign one-year contract extension at O.L
- 19 Jun 17:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Sagna is still talking terms
- 19 Jun 17:20 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Frankfurt in Bendtner talks
- 19 Jun 17:10 ENGLAND/ SHEFFIELD UTD, Mandaric eyes Owls signings
- 19 Jun 17:00 ITALY/ CATANIA, Alvarez's agent: "The club rejected West Ham"
- 19 Jun 16:50 FRANCE/ PSG, One of the market targets is David Luiz
- 19 Jun 16:40 ITALY/ TAHOTEL EXECUTIVE - Inter signed definitively Silvestre
- 19 Jun 16:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Parma: renewal of the co-ownership deal of Chibsah
- 19 Jun 16:20 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Juventus: Co-ownership agreement summary
- 19 Jun 16:10 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Clemens joins Schalke 04
- 19 Jun 15:59 FRANCE/ PSG, Verratti agent: "Next week we'll meet Leonardo "
- 19 Jun 15:47 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Chievo: renewed the agreement for Stoian
Silvio Pagliari, agent of Inter Milan 23 year old defender Giulio Donati, has declared: "It's true, yesterday we have met Bayer Leverkusen. The negotiation is not over yet, but we are optimistic. We are waiting for the player to come back, in any cae he would be...
Silvio Pagliari, agent of Inter Milan 23 year old defender Giulio Donati, has declared: "It's true, yesterday we have met Bayer...
Interviewed by AS, Chelsea 21 year old goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, actually on loan at Atletico de Madrid, has declared: "I am happy to...
The fixture list for 2013/14 Barclays Premier League season has been released.
Please find below the fixtures. All kick-off times are 3pm,...
Interviewed by Bild, Uli Ferber, agent of Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez, has declared: "Fiorentina are not the only club interested, as...
Interviewed by TMW, Oscar Damiani, agent of Saint-Etienne 23 year old forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, has declared: "Roma coach Rudi...