IFFHS, "Gigi" Buffon is The World's best Goalkeeper of the 1st Decade
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
The annual vote for The World‘s best Goalkeeper during the period 2001 to 2010 produced a total of total 76 goalkeepers from all football continents who featured at least once in the annual world ranking. These 76 goalkeepers are composed of 44 Europeans, 21 South Americans, five Central and North Americans, four Africans and one each from Asia and Oceana. Among the 76 goalkeepers of the 1st Decade of the 21st Century are seven Spaniards, six Brazilians, six Argentinians, five Germans, four Italians, four Frenchmen and four Russians as well as each three Dutchmen, Paraguayans, Colombians, Portugueses, Mexicans and Englishmen.
Already, before the 2010 vote, it is clear by virtue of the votes cast that the 28-year-old Czech Petr Čech of Chelsea FC London is the third-best goalkeeper of this decade. But the 2010 vote could result in the 40-year-old Dutchman Edwin van der Sar of Manchester United FC pushing the now retired and many times World s best Goalkeeper Oliver Kahn from 4th place. Nevertheless Germany as well as Spain and Brazil are represented with two goalkeepers each among the "Top 10". Only those goalkeepers who played for many years at the highest level made the top group of this world ranking of the 1st Decade.
The result of The World‘s best Goalkeeper of the 1st Decade (2001-2010) has been decided by the 2010 vote. The second-placed Spaniard Iker Casillas managed to reduce the lead of "Gigi" Buffon by more than half but the Italian of Juventus FC Torino, although troubled by injuries, managed to defend his position with a meagre lead and is therefore The World‘s best Goalkeeper of the 1st Decade of the 21st Century. Within of ten years world votings the four times World‘s best Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was better placed only for total five places than the three times World‘s best Goalkeeper Iker Casillas of Real Madrid CF.
The World‘s best Goalkeeper of the 1st Decade of the 21st Century "Gigi" Buffon will be honoured on the occasion of the World Football Gala with a Certificate and a golden trophy.
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Other News
- 22 Jul 07:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Morata injured
- 21 Jul 14:31 BRAZIL, Neymar: "I think Brazilian football is behind"
- 21 Jul 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Subotic has recovered
- 20 Jul 08:27 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL Can injured
- 19 Jul 07:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Lahm quits the NT
- 18 Jul 07:17 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Carrick injured
- 16 Jul 07:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Peters is Hamburg new Sports Director
- 14 Jul 07:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Lucas injured
- 13 Jul 08:27 ARGENTINA, Martino the new NT coach?
- 11 Jul 07:57 GREECE/ NT, Ranieri about to coach
- 10 Jul 07:57 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Susic will still be the NT coach
- 08 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sartori is no longer Chievo Sports Director
- 07 Jul 08:27 ALGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Halilhodzic is no longer the NT coach
- 04 Jul 07:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mirabelli is Inter new Chief scout
- 03 Jul 16:05 FIFA,Luis Suárez free to undertake a medical for any transfer
- 03 Jul 07:17 SERBIA/ NT, Offer to Zenga
- 28 Jun 07:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER, Hoffmann injured
- 26 Jun 08:16 SPAIN, Del Bosque until 2016
- 26 Jun 07:17 JAPAN/ OFFICIAL, Zaccheroni is no longer the NT coach
- 25 Jun 17:16 BRAZIL 2014/ GERMANY, Ballack: "Ozil must force 'magic' World Cup moment"
- 25 Jun 16:44 URUGUAY, Scholes: "Suarez an embarrassment and should be banned"
- 25 Jun 12:15 BRAZIL 204/ URUGUAY, Lugano: "Chiellini, I never believed an Italian player could be such a coward off the pitch"
- 25 Jun 07:17 IVORY COAST/ OFFICIAL, Lamouchi is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 19:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Prandelli is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 07:17 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Villa quits the NT
- 23 Jun 17:44 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTO, Ronaldo insists he is giving his all for his country
- 22 Jun 08:30 SPAIN/ NT, Del Bosque until 2016
- 21 Jun 07:57 BAYERN, Rybery: "I am not undergoing surgery"
- 20 Jun 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery may need surgery
- 19 Jun 19:45 BRAZIL 2014, Maradona: "Neymar failed to live up to his billing"
- 19 Jun 18:30 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTUGAL, One-match ban for Pepe
- 19 Jun 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Gundogan underwent surgery
- 18 Jun 12:30 BRAZIL 2014/ USA, Klinsmann full of hope for Altidore return
- 18 Jun 07:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Causarano is Juventus new first-team doctor
- 17 Jun 09:30 BRAZIL 2014/ GHANA, Gyan: "We can still qualify"
- 17 Jun 07:17 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK, Ozbiliz underwent surgery
- 16 Jun 16:34 GERMANY, Podolski aiming to win the World Cup
- 16 Jun 07:17 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Perinetti the new Sports Director
- 14 Jun 07:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bentley retires
- 13 Jun 07:00 WORLD CUP/ GROUPE 1, Brazil-Croatia 3-1
- 12 Jun 15:45 UEFA, Platini ends support for Sepp Blatter
- 12 Jun 14:51 USA, Klinsmann: "USA must make Ronaldo miserable"
- 12 Jun 07:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Beiersdorfer is Hamburg new CEO
- 11 Jun 18:00 ARGENTINA, Maradona: "Neymar too young to dominate World Cup"
- 11 Jun 09:44 PORTUGAL, Ronaldo: "I'll be 100 per cent fit for World Cup"
- 11 Jun 07:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Giulini is Cagliari new owner
- 11 Jun 07:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Reus out for three months
- 10 Jun 10:31 World Cup 2014, Blatter: "Fifa & Qatar corruption claims are racist"
- 10 Jun 10:15 ENGLAND, Wilshere certain Oxlade-Chamberlain has role to play at World Cup
- 10 Jun 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Luis Enrique hospitalized
- 22 Jul 13:15 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Nuno: "We like Enzo Perez"
- 22 Jul 13:00 FRANCE/ MONACO, Contacts for Griezmann confirmed
- 22 Jul 12:46 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Leicester sign Ulloa
- 22 Jul 12:32 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Beria renews with Lille
- 22 Jul 12:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez
- 22 Jul 12:00 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Kurtulus renews with Galatasaray
- 22 Jul 11:45 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Foster renews with WBA
- 22 Jul 11:29 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Kroos renews with Werder
- 22 Jul 11:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, To plan £150million spending spree
- 22 Jul 11:00 ITALY/ JUVE, Morata out 50 days
- 22 Jul 10:43 ITALY/ MILAN, Criscito's agent: "He stays in Russia"
- 22 Jul 10:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Atalanta: sign Boakye
- 22 Jul 10:16 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini interested in Drogba
- 22 Jul 10:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Wisdom joins West Bromwich Albion
- 22 Jul 09:44 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA MOCHENGLADBACH, Mlapa on loan to Nurberg
- 22 Jul 09:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Afobe requited by Wigan
- 22 Jul 09:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Sprint for Shaqiri
- 22 Jul 08:45 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Hummels likely to join
- 22 Jul 08:30 FRANCE/ MONACO, Cavani wants to leave
- 22 Jul 08:22 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, £17m bid for Blind
- 22 Jul 08:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, New offer for Suarez
- 22 Jul 08:00 FRANCE/ MONACO, Idea Sneijder
- 22 Jul 07:40 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL, Auction for Diaz
- 22 Jul 07:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Morata injured
- 22 Jul 06:57 PSG, Pastore: "I won't leave"
- 22 Jul 06:39 BAYERN, Sammer: "We are not after Cuadrado"
- 22 Jul 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Borini's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 22 Jul 06:00 VALENCIA, Parejo: "I hope Mathieu will stay"
- 22 Jul 00:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 23:37 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Cordoba sign Havenaar
- 21 Jul 23:17 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Rostov sign Torbinskiy
- 21 Jul 22:59 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Rodriguez joins Depor
- 21 Jul 22:39 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Swap between Rubin and Dynamo
- 21 Jul 22:20 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Tiago remains at Atletico
- 21 Jul 22:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Bangoura renews with Nantes
- 21 Jul 21:37 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Ricardo Costa quits Valencia
- 21 Jul 21:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Zawada renews with Wolfsburg
- 21 Jul 20:59 NORWAY/ OFFICIAL, Rosenborg fire Hansen
- 21 Jul 20:39 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Plan for blazing Italian competition on Biabiany
- 21 Jul 20:20 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Roberto Pereyra about to join
- 21 Jul 20:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA M., Mlapa about to be loaned out
- 21 Jul 19:45 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, FC Nurnberg sign Koch
- 21 Jul 19:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Torino sign Gaston Silva
- 21 Jul 19:15 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Guardiola challenges Premier League giants and PSG on signing Reus
- 21 Jul 19:00 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Robert Mak joins PAOK
- 21 Jul 18:45 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Ince reveals Premier ambition
- 21 Jul 18:30 USA/ ORLANDO CITY, Confirms on Robinho joining from AC Milan
- 21 Jul 18:10 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Krychowiak medicals announced
- 21 Jul 17:54 RUSSIA/ DYNAMO MOSCOW, Adzhoev: "We are negotiating with Valbuena"
- 21 Jul 17:37 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Fortounis joins Olympiakos back
According to The Mirror, Liverpool will take their summer spending to £100million this week – and Brendan Rodgers plans to splash out another £50m.
The Reds are close to sealing deals for Loic Remy and Dejan Lovren, with Divock Origi set to follow....
Marek Hamsik is confident Napoli have what it takes to challenge Juventus and Roma for the Serie A title in 2014-15, insisting they are...
Levante 27-year-old goalkeeper Keylor Navas has declared: "At the moment I haven't signed for anyone. In the future I hope to be able...
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared about 28-year-old defender Thomas Vermaelen: "I cannot guarantee he will stay, but should he go...
Interviewed by Sport1, Bayern Munich Sports Director Matthias Sammer has declared about 26-year-old Juan Cuadrado: "The rumours regarding...
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao has declared: "Now I am only thinking about recovering from my knee-injury. In any case, for the moment I...