CHELSEA, Di Matteo: "Game by game"
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Roberto Di Matteo has been looking ahead to the visit of Queens Park Rangers on Sunday, and insisted his side will have no problems turning their attentions back to domestic action following our Champions league success in Barcelona.
Following a gruelling run of fixtures over the past few weeks, Di Matteo has utilised the depth of his squad as best as possible, with impressive results thus far.
Surprisingly, following our midweek exertions in Barcelona, there is only one fresh injury doubt for the visit of Queens Park Rangers, as the Italian admitted.
'Gary Cahill and David Luiz won't be available for Sunday's game,' he said. 'We will need to assess them both ahead of the next game but they won't be ready for the weekend.
'At the moment, we hope that Cahill will recover as quickly as possible, but when he's going to be fit we cannot say for certain.
'We've got one suspension still with Branislav Ivanovic, but apart from that everybody is available. I need to select a balanced, strong team to win the game.'
Di Matteo will be up against a former Chelsea teammate on Sunday when Mark Hughes brings his side to Stamford Bridge.
Up until a few weeks ago, the Loftus Road side looked destined for the drop after a woeful run of results. However, recent victories against the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool have given them hope of consolidating their top-flight status, and Di Matteo is well aware of the type of threat they will pose.
'We take it game by game as we always have done. We will try to win on Sunday to keep our Champions League qualification hopes alive and then we will take the next game on,' said the interim first team coach.
'It will be a tough game because they are fighting against relegation, we know how tough it will be to play a team in that position, we played Wigan a short time ago and it was very tough.'
On Champions League Final
The 2-2 draw at the Camp Nou in midweek secured our place in the Champions League final on 19 May against Bayern Munich, who eliminated Real Madrid the following night.
Di Matteo admitted he had no preference as to which team we would face, but with the game being played at the Allianz Arena, Bayern's home stadium, we will need to be at our very best to ensure we land the trophy.
'Once you qualify for a final you will play against strong opposition, Bayern are a historic team with a big tradition in European competitions, they will play at their home ground as well, so it will be as difficult, if not more difficult, than a game against Madrid,' Di Matteo argued.
'It's a one-off game and we go into it with the same chance. Whether it will be an advantage to them [playing at home] we will only know after the game. When you set the players or stadium for the final, you don't know who will be there, so it's impossible to know beforehand, it's just a bit of a coincidence.
'I feel disappointed that all these players will miss the final through suspension. It would be good if both teams had their whole squads available, they might have to have a look at the law and the rules for the future.'
On his future
An incredible sequence of results has seen us lose only once in 15 matches since Di Matteo was placed in charge a couple of months ago.
Unsurprisingly, the impressive 3-2 aggregate victory over Barcelona has seen his stock rise further, prompting calls for him to be made permanent manager, but for now, his main focus is on overseeing a successful culmination to the campaign.
'My future at this stage of the season is irrelevant, what's important is the spirit of the group, we are feeling positive and we have to keep this momentum going until the end of the season,' he said.
'It's amazing that this group of players have responded so positively and so well to the difficulties we've faced this season. It's proven a difficult season for us, we want to finish fourth in the league and we have two finals to play to try and finish the season successfully.'
Other news Premier League (England)
- 25 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Javi Garcia's agent: "We are not in talks with Napoli"
- 24 Jul 08:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "New signings possible"
- 23 Jul 08:15 TOTTENHAM, Lamela: "Never thought about leaving"
- 21 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Woodward: "We will invest on the transfer market"
- 20 Jul 08:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I can't assure Vermaelen will stay"
- 19 Jul 08:29 QPR, Fernandes: "I would like to keep Taarabt"
- 18 Jul 08:19 ARSENAL, Debuchy: "I'm in one of the biggest clubs in the world"
- 17 Jul 20:01 MANCHESTER UTD, Van Gaal: "My method is always the same"
- 17 Jul 08:30 TOTTEMHAM, Pochettino: "Happy for Lloris"
- 16 Jul 08:15 CHELSEA, Piazon: "I don't know what's going to happen"
- 15 Jul 08:39 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "I want to stay for many years"
- 14 Jul 16:01 MANCHESTER UNITED, Agreement with Adidas reached
- 14 Jul 15:15 TOTTENHAM, Medical report on Adebayor's malaria
- 14 Jul 08:30 ARSENAL, Gazidis: "We will only sign stars"
- 13 Jul 09:57 OL, Fournier: "Grenier could leave"
- 13 Jul 08:59 SWANSEA. Jenkins: "Fernandez? We need no defenders"
- 11 Jul 08:29 ARSENAL, Sanchez: "Happy to be here"
- 10 Jul 08:30 ARSENAL, Arteta's agent: "He is happy in London"
- 08 Jul 08:30 CHELSEA, Lukaku: "There are choices to make"
- 07 Jul 08:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Lovren: "My head is already at Liverpool"
- 04 Jul 08:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Ferdinand has accepted our offer"
- 03 Jul 08:19 QPR, Faurlin: "Happy of my new contract"
- 01 Jul 08:15 SWANSEA, Jenkins: "No enquiries for Jenkins"
- 28 Jun 08:29 MAN. UTD, Shaw: "I am here to win trophies"
- 26 Jun 15:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker : "Itís so special to face Klinsmann"
- 26 Jun 08:19 MAN. UTD, Hernandez: "Very few people have shown faith in me"
- 25 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Oscar: "I will stay"
- 24 Jun 18:15 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "FIFA must apologize to Costa Rica"
- 24 Jun 08:19 LIVERPOOL, Suarez's father-in-law: "He should move to Spain"
- 23 Jun 08:15 MAN. UTD, Fellaini: "I am not looking for a move"
- 22 Jun 08:59 QPR, Mbia: "My dream is to be coached by Mourinho"
- 21 Jun 08:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Training the English NT? Not yet"
- 20 Jun 21:44 CHELSEA, VIDEO: Mourinho: "Ozil is special"
- 20 Jun 20:44 MANCHESTER CITY, Ibrahim Toure dies at 28
- 20 Jun 15:22 CHELSEA,VIDEO: Mourinho: "All the World stops for the World Cup"
- 20 Jun 08:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "I am not intentioned to leave"
- 19 Jun 17:00 ARSENAL, Macey: "I canít remember having a bad day here"
- 19 Jun 08:19 MAN. UTD, Buttner: "It's time for me to leave"
- 18 Jun 11:40 ARSENAL, Balotelli signing would represent Wenger's greatest Arsenal gamble
- 18 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Fabregas: "I didn't leave BarÁa for a specific reason"
- 17 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Lukaku: "Proud of Juventus'interest, but.."
- 16 Jun 08:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Campbell will come back to us"
- 14 Jun 08:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "I am happy here"
- 13 Jun 08:15 MAN. CITY, Kolarov's agent: "Happy of my new contract"
- 12 Jun 18:30 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "Blues were the best option, with hunger for winning and an incredible manager"
- 12 Jun 08:19 MAN. CITY, Toure's father: "He won't leave"
- 11 Jun 19:30 ARSENAL, Ozil on World Cup: "LŲw made us strong and respected, he deserves to win this time"
- 11 Jun 18:15 ARSENAL, Koscielny on World Cup: "We are not favourites. Experienced player will have to help the young ones"
- 11 Jun 08:15 CHELSEA, Hazard: "I am not joining PSG"
- 10 Jun 17:00 ARSENAL, Podolski on World Cup: "Passing the group won't be the easy"
- 10 Jun 13:30 ARSENAL, Ramsey on World Cup: "Brazil have good chances, Argentina and Spain too. I want to get qualified for the next one with Wales"
- 10 Jun 08:19 WEST BROMWICH, Burton: "We won't sell Thorne"
- 09 Jun 08:15 CHELSEA, Lampard: "Selling Sturridge was a mistake"
- 08 Jun 08:59 CHELSEA, Lukaku: "Many clubs are interested in me"
- 07 Jun 20:59 ARSENAL, Giroud on World Cup: "We reconciled with French fans, we've got good chances to win"
- 07 Jun 08:29 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "We need a striker"
- 06 Jun 15:30 ARSENAL, Mertesacker on World Cup: "We can win it, and we'll need team spirit for that"
- 06 Jun 12:45 ARSENAL, Sagna on World Cup: "1994 Brazil played in a magical way"
- 06 Jun 08:30 NEWCASTLE, Santon: "Roma and Milan after me"
- 05 Jun 08:19 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "Back to Italy? I don't think so"
- 04 Jun 12:45 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "Being respected by teammates helps you perform better"
- 04 Jun 08:19 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "I hope Fabregas will join"
- 03 Jun 13:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on his renewal: "I'll keep develop Gunners team and club. We are ready for a new great Arsenal to emerge"
- 03 Jun 08:19 STOKE, Coates: "We hope to sign Diouf"
- 01 Jun 08:59 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I would like Iniesta to join us"
- 31 May 17:59 LIVERPOOL, Skrtel: "I succeeded in playing so much due to my effort in training"
- 31 May 08:29 MAN. CITY, Aguero's father: "He would be delighted to join Barcelona"
- 30 May 12:15 ARSENAL, Ramsey on the season: "Some frustrating moments, but we finished off strong"
- 30 May 08:19 ARSENAL, Sagna: "I am leaving"
- 29 May 19:15 ARSENAL, Ozil's greetings to Fabianski
- 29 May 08:19 QPR, Redknapp: "I don't think Remy will come back"
- 28 May 19:14 ARSENAL, Ozil: "I want to become Germany legend at World Cup"
- 28 May 08:19 NEWCASTLE, Santon's agent: "Roma and Napoli? Just rumors"
- 27 May 08:19 ARSENAL, Podolski: "I am happy here"
- 26 May 08:15 TOTTENHAM, Vertonghen: "I am happy here"
- 25 May 08:59 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "I am staying"
- 23 May 08:19 SWANSEA, Monk: "Michu not for sale"
- 22 May 08:15 NEWCASTLE, Sissoko's agent: "Open to all proposals"
- 21 May 08:19 LIVERPOOL, Agger: "My future? It's not up to me"
- 20 May 08:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Schneiderlin: "I want Champions League football"
- 19 May 15:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "We worked hard for get back winning together with the manager and the fans"
- 19 May 13:30 ARSENAL, Captain Vermaelen after FA Cup lifting: "It was unbelievable, we worked a lot for that"
- 19 May 12:30 ARSENAL, Ramsey on FA Cup victory score: "It was the most important goal of my time here"
- 19 May 11:15 ARSENAL, Wenger celebrates: "I tried desperately not to go to penalties"
- 19 May 08:15 MAN. CITY, Milner: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 18 May 08:59 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "No regrets about coming here"
- 17 May 17:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Cazorla: "It's been tough getting here. I love the Wembley one game-final formula"
- 17 May 16:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Giroud: "I'm used to manage the pressure"
- 17 May 15:00 FA Cup Final Preview - HULL CITY, Bruce: "Of course Arsenal are the favourite ones, but that's a one-off game, which often gives shocking outcomes"
- 17 May 14:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Ozil: "Excited for my Wembley debut. We had troubles, now we want to repay the fans"
- 17 May 13:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Flamini: "We need to win for building a mentality and for the fans"
- 17 May 08:29 TOTTENHAM, Adebayor: "Monaco? I have a contract"
- 16 May 13:45 ARSENAL, Vermaelen: "Winning FA Cup can give us big boost. Fans have been amazing"
- 16 May 12:15 ARSENAL, Arteta waiting for the final: "This FA Cup is more than a trophy for us"
- 16 May 08:15 MAN. UTD, Ferdinand: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 15 May 08:19 EVERTON, Deulofeu: "Barcelona is my first option"
- 14 May 12:00 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "Fabianski has been FA Cup hero for us"
- 13 May 15:00 ARSENAL, Ramsey's remembrance of 2008 FA Cup final: "Great excitement. It would be hard against Hull"
- 13 May 08:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I am not joining Monaco"
- 12 May 15:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Manchester City Premier victory: "Congratulations, they won especially through experience"
- 25 Jul 15:29 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Trading with Chelsea for Marin
- 25 Jul 15:14 BRAZI/ OFFICIAL, Allione join Palmeiras
- 25 Jul 14:49 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Juventus sign Pereyra
- 25 Jul 14:30 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Carroll set for four-month lay-off
- 25 Jul 14:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AC Milan, arrives Forte
- 25 Jul 14:15 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Jackson Martinez: "I can't say where I'd like to go"
- 25 Jul 14:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, agreement for Perez
- 25 Jul 11:58 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Gerrard deal expected
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 11:14 ENGLAND/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - WBA: medicals for Cristian Gamboa
- 25 Jul 10:59 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Working for Origi
- 25 Jul 10:44 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, five-year deal for Casillas
- 25 Jul 10:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montpellier sign Deza on permanent basis
- 25 Jul 10:15 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Sprint for Kurtic
- 25 Jul 10:00 FRANCE/ STRABOURG, Agreement for Bahoken
- 25 Jul 09:40 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Chiellini likely to renew
- 25 Jul 09:17 COSTA RICA/ OFFICIAL, Pinto is no longer the NT coach
- 25 Jul 08:57 PSG, Blanc: "Conte? My suitcases aren't ready"
- 25 Jul 08:39 BAYERN, Shaqiri turns out transfer rumors
- 25 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Javi Garcia's agent: "We are not in talks with Napoli"
- 25 Jul 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Torres has a home here"
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 25 Jul 01:37 FRANCE/ PSG, Di Maria could replace Lavezzi
- 25 Jul 01:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Zaccardo will stay
- 25 Jul 00:59 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Sprint for Behrami
- 25 Jul 00:39 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Idea Viviano
- 25 Jul 00:20 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Eyes on Nani
- 25 Jul 00:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Idea Fernando
- 24 Jul 23:37 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Coke renews with Sevilla
- 24 Jul 23:17 ITALY/ GENOA, Campagnaro farther
- 24 Jul 22:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Keen on Casillas
- 24 Jul 22:39 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Rossettini renews with Cagliari
- 24 Jul 22:20 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Benfica sign Eliseu
- 24 Jul 22:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Agreement for Basanta
- 24 Jul 21:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Rulli joins Real Sociedad
- 24 Jul 21:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, AS Roma sign Sanabria
- 24 Jul 21:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Super offer for Marquinhos ready
- 24 Jul 21:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Malonga quits Cesena
- 24 Jul 20:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montpellier sign Gissi
- 24 Jul 20:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Astori joins Roma
- 24 Jul 20:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover sign GŁlselam
- 24 Jul 20:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Magnusson joins Cesena
- 24 Jul 19:44 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Working on Garcia loan
- 24 Jul 19:31 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eintracht Frankfurt: arrives Lucas Piazon
- 24 Jul 19:14 ITALY/ INTER, Ausilio: "Working in Medel"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 18:44 OFFICIAL, Aguirre named new Japan boss
- 24 Jul 18:31 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Paok: from Gimnasia arrives Facundo Pereya
- 24 Jul 18:16 USA/ OFFICIAL, Lampard completes New York City FC move
- 24 Jul 18:14 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Swans sign Montero
Juventus have announced the arrival of the Argentinian midfielder Roberto Pereyra, on loan from Udinese with right of ransom.
For the 2014/15 season Inter will play in a new away kit boldly proclaiming their status as the true team of Milan. The new away shirt has a ribbed cr
Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has declared: "We can't talk about Torres. He's in another team, at the moment very well, we&
Interviewed by Tuttonapoli.net, Manuel Garcia Quillon, agent of Manchester City midfielder Javi Garcia, has declared: "I am not involved in an
PSG coach Jean-Claude Blanc has declared: "Conte? My suitcases aren't ready. In this line of work, you don't even have the time to unp