ENGLAND, Capello: "Its difficult to create something"
Source: The Sun
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
The former England coach reckons his successor simply does not have enough time to build a team capable of succeeding next month.
Hodgson has little more than three weeks before he has to submit his 23-man squad to UEFA — and England’s first match is against France on June 11.
Capello said: “It’s not a normal job. It’s difficult to create something. You can’t do something in a short space of time.
"The idea is to create the team spirit and winning mentality in a really short time. This is very difficult.”
But Capello insists he has handed over an England team in much better shape than the one he took to the 2010 World Cup.
The Italian, who resigned in February, said: “I’ve known Roy since he coached in Italy. He’s a very good and experienced manager.
"I’m happy with the job I did for England. I hope they will be one of the best teams at the Euros and can show my job was really good.
“If things go well, as I hope, people will recognise that I did a good job."
Capello also admitted he is keen for "one more challenge" before quitting football and would like to turn his hand to the Premier League.
He said: "England would be very interesting for me because I know very well the teams and the players.
"I want to manage a team that wants to win something, if possible."
He added: "It has to be interesting based on the value of the team, not money. I don't work for money.
"I want to manage a team that is able to play in the Champions League and to fight for lots of trophies."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Other News
- 20 May 07:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bendtner will undergo surgery
- 19 May 08:30 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Badstuber injured again
- 18 May 07:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Lorenzo is Olympiacos new Sports Director
- 17 May 07:00 ITALY/ INTER, Cassano injured
- 16 May 17:00 ENGLAND, Walcott and the Ox in England squad
- 16 May 07:17 ITALY/ LAZIO, Onazi injured
- 15 May 14:45 ENGLAND, Hodgson accepts Ferdinand call
- 14 May 08:15 Soccerex European Forum 2013 - Documentary
- 14 May 07:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Season over for Varane
- 13 May 14:55 FIFA, Blatter: "Shameful to hear Racist chants"
- 13 May 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Season over for Messi ?
- 12 May 08:27 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, 22nd title!
- 11 May 07:57 RUSSIA/ CSKA, Tosic out for two months
- 10 May 11:20 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Former Porto star Hulk: "Honey-flavoured victory above Benfica"
- 10 May 07:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Season over for Agger
- 08 May 16:50 Roberto Baggio from Twitter: "Ferguson away from United will be strange, he's a legend"
- 08 May 07:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Rossi ready to get back on the pitch
- 06 May 16:40 BOTAFOGO, Seedorf: "If AC Milan offered me a head coach position I'd weigh it up, but that's just gossip"
- 05 May 08:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Lobont injured
- 04 May 07:57 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Season over for Papadopoulos
- 03 May 07:17 FRANCE/ OL, Vercoutre seriously injured
- 02 May 07:20 ITALY/ INTER, Cambiasso and Guarin are recovering
- 01 May 07:57 ITALY/ INTER, Physicians optimistic about Zanetti's recovery
- 30 Apr 07:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Sensibile in the Executive board ?
- 29 Apr 06:57 ITALY/ INTER, Zanetti seriously injured
- 28 Apr 08:29 ITALY/ CHIEVO, Season over for Pellissier
- 27 Apr 08:30 TURKEY/ FENERBAHCE, Season over for Meireles
- 26 Apr 07:40 SPAIN/ NT, In one month the list for the Confederations Cup
- 25 Apr 07:17 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Season over for Cherubin
- 24 Apr 07:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Dufner quits Freiburg
- 21 Apr 08:30 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger risks to miss the game against Barça
- 20 Apr 07:57 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Bale has recovered
- 19 Apr 10:21 FIFPRO, Maltese FA must force clubs to respect contracts
- 19 Apr 07:00 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Season over for Fletcher
- 18 Apr 17:30 AC MILAN, Balotelli included in Time magazine's list
- 18 Apr 12:50 LIVE TMW - Juve in Madrid: Perez: " A great club"
- 18 Apr 09:35 JUVENTUS, Confirmed for USA pre-season tournament
- 18 Apr 07:00 ITALY/ TIM CUP, Roma-Lazio will be the final game
- 15 Apr 15:16 CHELSEA, Lampard delays wedding as LA Galaxy come calling
- 15 Apr 10:00 ARSENAL, Ox: "Let's stamp our authority now"
- 13 Apr 07:57 FRANCE/ VALENCIENNES, Season over for Le Tallec
- 12 Apr 10:45 EUROPA LEAGUE, Fenerbahçe-Benfica, Basel-Chelsea
- 12 Apr 10:30 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, Semi-final draw: Bayern-Barça e Dortmund-Real
- 12 Apr 10:15 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, All the information for today draw
- 12 Apr 09:00 SOCCEREX - Mendieta: "B. Valero? Fiorentina an importan choice"
- 12 Apr 07:17 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Season over for Toulalan?
- 11 Apr 07:00 FRANCE/ LILLE, Arab investors interested in buyng the club
- 10 Apr 08:13 SOCCEREX - Already started the event in Manchester
- 09 Apr 17:16 OFFICIAL, Grmela is the new coach of Brno
- 09 Apr 06:45 ITALY/ AS ROMA, De Rossi injured
- 20 May 14:40 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Negredo's agent: "We'll only weigh up offers coming from Champions League clubs"
- 20 May 14:31 BARCELONA, Messi committed to Blaugrana
- 20 May 14:30 MAN. UNITED, Carrick: "Surreal atmosphere after Ferguson's final match. We reciprocally thanked for all"
- 20 May 14:20 ITALY/ GENOA, Coming to terms with Rolando Bianchi
- 20 May 14:10 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ramsden extends for Motherwell
- 20 May 14:00 O.M., Barton: "I'm happy here, and that goes beyond money"
- 20 May 13:50 ITALY/ INTER, Mazzarri meets Branca for Neroazzurri's bench
- 20 May 13:40 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Leo Baptistao about to be announced
- 20 May 13:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Abbiati extends for AC Milan
- 20 May 13:20 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Napoli management meet Benitez in London
- 20 May 13:10 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eggimann joins Union Berlin
- 20 May 13:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Next season might be the right one for Miyaichi
- 20 May 12:30 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Villas-Boas wants Moutinho
- 20 May 12:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "This is a very special group"
- 20 May 12:00 ITALY/ INTER, Stramaccioni: "Future? All in the head and words of our president"
- 20 May 11:45 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ready the offer for Danny Rose
- 20 May 11:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Allegri: "Third place has always been the minimum objective"
- 20 May 11:16 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Galliani: "Hopefully we will continue with him"
- 20 May 11:03 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Thinking about Odemwingie
- 20 May 10:43 ENGLAND/ QPR, Redknapp:"I don't want people coming in late"
- 20 May 10:31 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Lambert in talks with Benteke
- 20 May 10:13 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Simpson set to leave Toon
- 20 May 10:03 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bendtner underwent an operation
- 20 May 09:37 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Ferreira quits Sporting Lisbona
- 20 May 09:36 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM , Medical test today for Rat
- 20 May 09:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Burnley: heaton signs in
- 20 May 09:01 INTER, Nagatomo: "My knee? I chose not to have an operation because..."
- 20 May 08:45 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Ready 25 mlns for the back line
- 20 May 08:30 ITALY/ INTER, Juan Jesus: "All sorts happened this year, focused on starting afresh""
- 20 May 07:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bendtner will undergo surgery
- 20 May 06:45 PSG, Al Khelaifi: "Ancelotti wants to leave, but he has a contract.."
- 20 May 06:30 LEVERKUSEN, Schürrle: "In Hamburg it was my last game with Bayer"
- 20 May 06:15 MANCHESTER CITY, Nasri: "No contacts with PSG"
- 20 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Vilanova: "Everybody would like to have Neymar"
- 20 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Abbiati: "I have extended my contract"
- 19 May 23:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mazzarri quits Napoli
- 19 May 22:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA FC, Kondogbia offered to PSG
- 19 May 22:27 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Sprint for Poli
- 19 May 21:59 FRANCE/ MONACO, Meeting with Cassano's agent
- 19 May 21:29 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Jovetic won't leave for less than 30 millions
- 19 May 21:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Idea Luis Enrique for the bench
- 19 May 20:30 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Barcelona's offer for Neymar refused
- 19 May 19:57 FRANCE/ SAINT-ETIENNE, Also two German clubs after Aubameyang
- 19 May 19:27 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New attempt for Kolarov soon
- 19 May 18:59 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Jardim about to sign
- 19 May 18:29 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hertha sign Hosogai
- 19 May 18:00 BRAZIL/ SAO PAULO, Interest for Felipe Melo
- 19 May 17:30 FRANCE/ MONACO, Keen on Lamela
- 19 May 16:57 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Mattheus about to extend
- 19 May 16:27 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT BRAUNSCHWEIG, Caligiuri likely to join
After the 5-5 tie at The Hawthorne, against West Bromwich Albion, last game as Manchester United manager for Alex Ferguson, 31 years old English international central midfielder Michael Carrick, who joined Red Devils in 2006/07, stated to media: "There was a surreal...
Yuto Nagatomo spoke to Japanese reporters after the game against Udinese. "We've had so many injuries this season, both the team...
As reported by El Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has declared about Santos 21 year old striker Neymar: "I don't know...
After the 5-5 tie at The Hawthorne, against West Bromwich Albion, last game as Manchester United manager for Alex Ferguson, 31 years old English...
Hamburg Sports Director Frank Arnesen has declared about 20 year old forward Son Heung-Min: "I think that he will remain with us. For...
As reported by Sky Sports UK, former Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Newcastle and Queens Park Rangers English 30 years old midfielder Joey...