ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea: farewell Drogba
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Chelsea Football Club can confirm Didier Drogba will be leaving the club when his contract expires at the end of June.
Didier has spent eight years at Chelsea, and everyone at the club would like to thank him for his service and wish him luck and continued success for the future.
Chelsea Chief Executive Ron Gourlay said: 'Didier is undoubtedly a Chelsea legend and will always be part of the Chelsea family. He is certainly leaving on a high after Saturday night but he feels the time is right for a new challenge.
'Of course Didier has contributed so much to all of Chelsea's recent successes. He has been a consummate professional during his entire time here and as one of the natural leaders in our squad he has been an inspiration to a lot of our younger players.
'We have known for some time that this outcome was likely but Didier and the club only made a final decision on that in the last couple of days, because for obvious reasons neither Didier nor the club wanted to distract focus away from the Champions League Final.
'The talks were amicable all the way through and we wish him all the best for the future. He is welcome back to Stamford Bridge at any time - either as a player or as a guest of ours.'
Didier leaves Chelsea having scored 157 goals in 341 appearances. He is the club's fourth all-time highest scorer, his 34 goals in European competition is a Chelsea record by 10 goals and his nine strikes in nine cup finals has contributed immensely to the most successful period in the club's history.
He won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two Carling Cups and now, in the most dramatic and glorious of circumstances, the Champions League. He has been named Chelsea's Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year and won the Premier League Golden Boot twice.
The 34-year-old said: 'I wanted to put an end to all the speculation and confirm that I am leaving Chelsea. It has been a very difficult decision for me to make and I am very proud of what we have achieved but the time is right for a new challenge for me.
'As a team we have accomplished so much and have won every single trophy possible. Saturday was a very special moment for everyone at the club and for all the fans, and I am very proud to have played my part in bringing many trophies to this club, which has been my home for the last eight years.
'I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the club especially Roman and my team-mates, many of whom have become very close friends and will be my friends for life. I would also like to say a very special thank you to the Chelsea fans who have shown me so much love and support over the years.
'I wish the club all the best and continued success for the future - you will always be in my heart.'
Other news Premier League (England)
- 26 Apr 11:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "I am not leaving"
- 25 Apr 06:29 WEST HAM, Song: "I want to remain in England"
- 24 Apr 06:57 PSG, Thiago Motta's agent: "Inter? Just rumours"
- 24 Apr 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I expect to stay"
- 23 Apr 17:00 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers on Henderson after renewal: "Now we must start challenging for titles and trophies"
- 23 Apr 06:29 MAN. CITY, Sagna: "I don't want to leave"
- 22 Apr 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Skrtel: "I am going nowhere"
- 21 Apr 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "We need to keep Begovic"
- 20 Apr 06:29 MAN. CITY, Touré's agent: "Two clubs have asked for him"
- 19 Apr 11:59 EVERTON, Mirallas: "I am happy here"
- 18 Apr 14:00 ARSENAL, Arteta: "I want to get back fit. My renewal? It can take 5 minutes"
- 18 Apr 06:29 STOKE CITY, Hughes: "Begovic will stay"
- 17 Apr 06:19 SWANSEA, Monk: "West Ham? They already have a great manager"
- 16 Apr 06:19 LEICESTER, Mahrez's agent: "Villarreal are after him"
- 14 Apr 18:00 LIVERPOOL, Sakho injured
- 14 Apr 11:25 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney: "We targeted City's lazy midfielders"
- 11 Apr 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Muto? Football is marke
- 09 Apr 11:55 ARSENAL, the latest team news ahead of Saturday's game against Burnley
- 09 Apr 06:39 ASTON VILLA, Sherwood: "Tottenham told porkies before sacking me"
- 07 Apr 06:29 MAN. UTD, Herrera: "I hope to remain for many years"
- 06 Apr 06:29 EVERTON, Lukaku's agent: "He will join a top club"
- 05 Apr 10:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Cech deserves a new prospective"
- 04 Apr 06:29 LEICESTER, Cambiasso: "I am happy here, but.."
- 02 Apr 12:30 ARSENAL, Debuchy returns to training
- 31 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Coates: "We want to keep Begovic"
- 30 Mar 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We're in talks for Walcott's new deal"
- 29 Mar 12:59 LIVERPOOL, Henderson: "Relaxed about my new deal"
- 28 Mar 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "It's a shame De Bruyne is gone"
- 27 Mar 14:56 ARSENAL, Gabriel: "I’ve always wanted to defend"
- 27 Mar 11:55 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New injury blow for Sturridge
- 27 Mar 06:19 EVERTON, Lennon: "I'm not in talks for a long-term deal"
- 26 Mar 06:29 STOKE CITY, Adam: "I am ready to renew"
- 25 Mar 14:12 GERMANY, Low insists on Ozil landing to Berlin with Arsenal boss Wenger's permission
- 25 Mar 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to play with Vertonghen again"
- 24 Mar 06:29 EVERTON, Martinez: "We don't want to lose Lukaku"
- 23 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Lampard: "Too early to talk of firing Pellegrini"
- 22 Mar 10:59 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I've been in talks with Liverpool in the past"
- 19 Mar 20:16 ARSENAL, Ozil staying with Gunners
- 19 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "Inter? Never say never"
- 18 Mar 06:19 ARSENAL, Wenger on Champions League last-16 exit
- 17 Mar 18:13 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "Little details could be key"
- 17 Mar 16:30 MAN UTD, Smalling: "We want Champions back here at Old Trafford"
- 17 Mar 16:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Carrick to target second place
- 17 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Allen: "Good signs regarding my new deal"
- 16 Mar 13:07 ARSENAL, Giroud: "I'll answer critics against Monaco"
- 16 Mar 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "Di Maria is happy here"
- 15 Mar 10:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "No hurry for Sterling's new deal"
- 14 Mar 06:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "I would like to stay"
- 13 Mar 06:19 STOKE CITY, Bregovic: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 12 Mar 14:45 MANCHESTER CITY, Demichelis after renewal: "I'll keep fighting and trying to win titles for City"
- 12 Mar 06:29 QPR, Ferdinand: "We would like to keep Austin, but.."
- 11 Mar 11:30 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Loan star Radamel Falcao fails to shine for U21s
- 11 Mar 06:19 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Milner must make a decision"
- 10 Mar 13:00 ARSENAL, Monreal: "I was so pleased with my goal"
- 10 Mar 06:30 LIVERPOOL, Johnson: "I would like to move abroad"
- 09 Mar 09:48 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Monday's result will affect Premier League run in"
- 09 Mar 06:29 SOUTHAMPTON, Alderweireld: "Nothing sure about my future"
- 08 Mar 09:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 07 Mar 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers turns out transfer rumors
- 05 Mar 20:15 ARSENAL, Gilberto Silva: "Alexis is a killer in front of goal"
- 05 Mar 18:14 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Reid: "Happy for my renewal"
- 04 Mar 12:43 ARSENAL, To boast three billionaires listed on Forbes
- 04 Mar 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "We are not interested in Bacca"
- 03 Mar 06:19 CHELSEA, Terry: "I hope to remain for a few more years"
- 02 Mar 22:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain on Giroud: "Oli is always there for scoring, that's just what we need"
- 02 Mar 20:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney on Di Maria: "He's talented, hopefully he'll start giving great performances for us as well"
- 02 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Yaya Touré is happy here"
- 01 Mar 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Forever in England"
- 28 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Bellerìn: "It's gonna be hard. We'll need to prove CL night was an accident"
- 28 Feb 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I am happy here"
- 27 Feb 17:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere will have surgery"
- 27 Feb 15:30 ARSENAL, Henry: "Training Gunners is a dream of mine"
- 27 Feb 13:30 TOTTENHAM, Chadli: "Now let's put disappointment away and make our best for Capital One Cup"
- 27 Feb 13:17 EVERTON, Europa League pairing with Dynamo Kyiv
- 27 Feb 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker after Emirates fiasco: "We'll need a wonderful night in Monaco"
- 27 Feb 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers after Besiktas EL failure: "We are disappointed for how much we put into the game"
- 26 Feb 07:00 ARSENAL, Wenger comments upon AS Monaco fiasco: "We were suicidal defensively"
- 26 Feb 02:20 ARSENAL v AS MONACO 1-3 - The Matchbox
- 25 Feb 11:43 ARSENAL, Monreal: "Wenger? I feel very lucky to have such a great coach"
- 25 Feb 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "I was about to leave"
- 24 Feb 21:00 ARSENAL v AS MONACO, Preview - Wenger: "We've got equal chances to pass the turn"
- 24 Feb 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Djuricic: "I would like to remain"
- 23 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Touré's agent: "Ready to commit to City for life"
- 22 Feb 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Demichelis could stay"
- 21 Feb 16:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho on Paris metro incident: "We invite mister Souleymane to join us at Stamford Bridge on our expense"
- 21 Feb 15:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Luke Shaw: "I know how good Swans can be on their days"
- 21 Feb 14:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal on team news: "Van Persie and Jones are fit for playing"
- 21 Feb 13:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Ospina: "They've got a direct style and move fast, we'll need to be careful"
- 21 Feb 12:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal: "We've got a fantastic spirit now, and we are looking for the perfect balance"
- 21 Feb 11:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Eagles captain Jedinak: "We are in the right mood to face such a strong team as Gunners"
- 21 Feb 10:00 SOUTHAMPTON v LIVERPOOL, Preview - Allen: "Saints have already succeeded in testing us"
- 21 Feb 09:00 LIVERPOOL, Joe Allen: "Jordon Ibe is brilliant, he's got the raw talent needed"
- 21 Feb 01:30 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I want to stay"
- 20 Feb 19:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Intense ground, and Pardew is doing very well. I'm happy for Chamakh's new career with Eagles"
- 20 Feb 17:00 TOTTENHAM, Ben Davies: "Good job against Fiorentina, but they were solid and hard to break"
- 20 Feb 14:44 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Ramsey still, doubts on Flamini and Bellerin. Wilshere is ok"
- 20 Feb 14:29 LIVERPOOL, Moreno about Besiktas: "We've been lucky as well"
- 19 Feb 01:12 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Alexis rejected several clubs to make Gunners switch"
- 18 Feb 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "We have to maintain momentum"
- 18 Feb 13:44 CHELSEA, Ivanovic cheered by Blues draw at Paris
- 26 Apr 18:59 GERMANY/ BAYER, Keen on Weiser
- 26 Apr 18:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, No agreement for Carvalho
- 26 Apr 18:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Working for Otamendi's new deal
- 26 Apr 17:00 BELGIUM/ GENT, Auction for Simon
- 26 Apr 16:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Eyes on Fekir
- 26 Apr 15:00 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Eyes on Jung
- 26 Apr 14:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Leed on Kasami
- 26 Apr 13:27 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Ze Roberto retires
- 26 Apr 12:57 OM, Ayew: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 26 Apr 12:29 WOLFSBURG, Perisic: "I want to stay"
- 26 Apr 11:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Koeman: "I am not leaving"
- 26 Apr 11:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Moyes: "We want to get good players here"
- 26 Apr 11:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Garcia stays"
- 26 Apr 05:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Working on Abdennour
- 26 Apr 04:00 ENGLAND/ SWANSEA CITY, Survey on Rafael
- 26 Apr 03:00 ITALY/ INTER, Filipe Luis on target
- 26 Apr 02:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, 2 more Italian suitors for Jesé Rodriguez
- 26 Apr 01:00 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, 4 years deal offered to André Ayew
- 26 Apr 00:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Approaching Kondogbia
- 25 Apr 23:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Jorginho offered to Palermo
- 25 Apr 22:00 SCOTLAND/ CELTIC, Suggestion for Van Der Vaart
- 25 Apr 21:00 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Majestic offer for Van Der Wiel ready
- 25 Apr 20:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Keen on Rod Fanni
- 25 Apr 19:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Manchester United insisting on De Vrij
- 25 Apr 18:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Back for Imbula: challenge thrown to Chelsea
- 25 Apr 17:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Jordi Alba on target
- 25 Apr 16:00 ASTON VILLA & EVERTON, Eyes on Micah Richards
- 25 Apr 15:00 BELGIUM/ GENT, 3 suitors for Moses Simon
- 25 Apr 14:00 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Gustavo Henrique's agent: "AC Milan on his tracks for a long time"
- 25 Apr 13:00 ITALY/ UDINESE, Di Natale's agent: "He's unlikely to stay. He'll make his choice in June"
- 25 Apr 12:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Agreement with Dortmund on Gundogan: the sums
- 25 Apr 11:00 MLS - CANADA/ TORONTO FC, Survey on Santacroce
- 25 Apr 10:00 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, Eyes on Kosanovic
- 25 Apr 09:00 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, First attempt for Praet failed
- 25 Apr 08:30 ITALY/ INTER, Sprint for Jovetic
- 25 Apr 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Pareja injured
- 25 Apr 07:27 MONACO, Kondogbia: "My future? I am happy here"
- 25 Apr 06:59 BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Donati's agent: "I don't think he'll stay"
- 25 Apr 06:29 WEST HAM, Song: "I want to remain in England"
- 25 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I will stay"
- 24 Apr 23:37 FRANCE/ PSG, Possible swap with Atletico
- 24 Apr 23:17 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Keen on Pedro
- 24 Apr 22:59 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Three midfielders on the wishlist
- 24 Apr 22:39 GREECE/ OLYMPIAKOS, Interest for Koné
- 24 Apr 22:20 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Also Moutinho on the wishlist
- 24 Apr 22:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Lemoine renews with Saint-Etienne
- 24 Apr 21:37 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Dzeko towards Borussia
- 24 Apr 21:17 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Back for Uvini
- 24 Apr 20:59 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Idea Bartra
- 24 Apr 20:39 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Cerci will come back
While several clubs are tracking Tunisian international centre-back Aymen Abdennour (25), Arsenal management are trying to hasten and blaze competitors and sign him soon. Currently on a deal with AS Monaco until June 2019, former Toulouse and Werder Bremen player, not e
Interviewed by Rai Sport, AS Roma Director of Football Walter Sabatini has declared: "André Ayew? We are iobserving many players, there is
Real Sociedad coach David Moyes has declared: "We want to get good players here. Illarramendi is a very good player and the president, myself and
Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has declared: "What will I do this summer if Real Madrid come calling? No, no, never, you can trust me, Ba
Through his Twitter profile, OM 25-year-old winger André Ayew stated: "After all I have read and heard, I want to inform that I haven'
Wolfsburg 26-year-old striker Ivan Perisic has told WAZ: "I have two more years on my contract and my goal is to stay here for another two years.