ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea: farewell Drogba
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Chelsea Football Club can confirm Didier Drogba will be leaving the club when his contract expires at the end of June.
Didier has spent eight years at Chelsea, and everyone at the club would like to thank him for his service and wish him luck and continued success for the future.
Chelsea Chief Executive Ron Gourlay said: 'Didier is undoubtedly a Chelsea legend and will always be part of the Chelsea family. He is certainly leaving on a high after Saturday night but he feels the time is right for a new challenge.
'Of course Didier has contributed so much to all of Chelsea's recent successes. He has been a consummate professional during his entire time here and as one of the natural leaders in our squad he has been an inspiration to a lot of our younger players.
'We have known for some time that this outcome was likely but Didier and the club only made a final decision on that in the last couple of days, because for obvious reasons neither Didier nor the club wanted to distract focus away from the Champions League Final.
'The talks were amicable all the way through and we wish him all the best for the future. He is welcome back to Stamford Bridge at any time - either as a player or as a guest of ours.'
Didier leaves Chelsea having scored 157 goals in 341 appearances. He is the club's fourth all-time highest scorer, his 34 goals in European competition is a Chelsea record by 10 goals and his nine strikes in nine cup finals has contributed immensely to the most successful period in the club's history.
He won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two Carling Cups and now, in the most dramatic and glorious of circumstances, the Champions League. He has been named Chelsea's Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year and won the Premier League Golden Boot twice.
The 34-year-old said: 'I wanted to put an end to all the speculation and confirm that I am leaving Chelsea. It has been a very difficult decision for me to make and I am very proud of what we have achieved but the time is right for a new challenge for me.
'As a team we have accomplished so much and have won every single trophy possible. Saturday was a very special moment for everyone at the club and for all the fans, and I am very proud to have played my part in bringing many trophies to this club, which has been my home for the last eight years.
'I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the club especially Roman and my team-mates, many of whom have become very close friends and will be my friends for life. I would also like to say a very special thank you to the Chelsea fans who have shown me so much love and support over the years.
'I wish the club all the best and continued success for the future - you will always be in my heart.'
Other news Premier League (England)
- 29 Jul 13:41 MANCHESTER UNITED, van Gaal: "I don't sign players for pleasure"
- 29 Jul 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Reed: "We'll keep on signing young players"
- 28 Jul 12:43 ARSENAL on Twitter, Colombian goalkeeper Ospina in his new Gunnner kit
- 28 Jul 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Ospina will provide us a great improvement"
- 27 Jul 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Jovetic will stay"
- 26 Jul 08:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "We didn't sign Shaw because..."
- 25 Jul 20:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Drogba is coming not because he made history, but 'cause he wants to make more history"
- 25 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Javi Garcia's agent: "We are not in talks with Napoli"
- 24 Jul 08:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "New signings possible"
- 23 Jul 08:15 TOTTENHAM, Lamela: "Never thought about leaving"
- 21 Jul 08:19 MAN. UTD, Woodward: "We will invest on the transfer market"
- 20 Jul 08:59 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I can't assure Vermaelen will stay"
- 19 Jul 08:29 QPR, Fernandes: "I would like to keep Taarabt"
- 18 Jul 08:19 ARSENAL, Debuchy: "I'm in one of the biggest clubs in the world"
- 17 Jul 20:01 MANCHESTER UTD, Van Gaal: "My method is always the same"
- 17 Jul 08:30 TOTTEMHAM, Pochettino: "Happy for Lloris"
- 16 Jul 08:15 CHELSEA, Piazon: "I don't know what's going to happen"
- 15 Jul 08:39 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "I want to stay for many years"
- 14 Jul 16:01 MANCHESTER UNITED, Agreement with Adidas reached
- 14 Jul 15:15 TOTTENHAM, Medical report on Adebayor's malaria
- 14 Jul 08:30 ARSENAL, Gazidis: "We will only sign stars"
- 13 Jul 09:57 OL, Fournier: "Grenier could leave"
- 13 Jul 08:59 SWANSEA. Jenkins: "Fernandez? We need no defenders"
- 11 Jul 08:29 ARSENAL, Sanchez: "Happy to be here"
- 10 Jul 08:30 ARSENAL, Arteta's agent: "He is happy in London"
- 08 Jul 08:30 CHELSEA, Lukaku: "There are choices to make"
- 07 Jul 08:59 SOUTHAMPTON, Lovren: "My head is already at Liverpool"
- 04 Jul 08:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Ferdinand has accepted our offer"
- 03 Jul 08:19 QPR, Faurlin: "Happy of my new contract"
- 01 Jul 08:15 SWANSEA, Jenkins: "No enquiries for Jenkins"
- 28 Jun 08:29 MAN. UTD, Shaw: "I am here to win trophies"
- 26 Jun 15:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker : "Itís so special to face Klinsmann"
- 26 Jun 08:19 MAN. UTD, Hernandez: "Very few people have shown faith in me"
- 25 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Oscar: "I will stay"
- 24 Jun 18:15 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "FIFA must apologize to Costa Rica"
- 24 Jun 08:19 LIVERPOOL, Suarez's father-in-law: "He should move to Spain"
- 23 Jun 08:15 MAN. UTD, Fellaini: "I am not looking for a move"
- 22 Jun 08:59 QPR, Mbia: "My dream is to be coached by Mourinho"
- 21 Jun 08:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Training the English NT? Not yet"
- 20 Jun 21:44 CHELSEA, VIDEO: Mourinho: "Ozil is special"
- 20 Jun 20:44 MANCHESTER CITY, Ibrahim Toure dies at 28
- 20 Jun 15:22 CHELSEA,VIDEO: Mourinho: "All the World stops for the World Cup"
- 20 Jun 08:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "I am not intentioned to leave"
- 19 Jun 17:00 ARSENAL, Macey: "I canít remember having a bad day here"
- 19 Jun 08:19 MAN. UTD, Buttner: "It's time for me to leave"
- 18 Jun 11:40 ARSENAL, Balotelli signing would represent Wenger's greatest Arsenal gamble
- 18 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Fabregas: "I didn't leave BarÁa for a specific reason"
- 17 Jun 08:19 CHELSEA. Lukaku: "Proud of Juventus'interest, but.."
- 16 Jun 08:19 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Campbell will come back to us"
- 14 Jun 08:29 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "I am happy here"
- 13 Jun 08:15 MAN. CITY, Kolarov's agent: "Happy of my new contract"
- 12 Jun 18:30 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "Blues were the best option, with hunger for winning and an incredible manager"
- 12 Jun 08:19 MAN. CITY, Toure's father: "He won't leave"
- 11 Jun 19:30 ARSENAL, Ozil on World Cup: "LŲw made us strong and respected, he deserves to win this time"
- 11 Jun 18:15 ARSENAL, Koscielny on World Cup: "We are not favourites. Experienced player will have to help the young ones"
- 11 Jun 08:15 CHELSEA, Hazard: "I am not joining PSG"
- 10 Jun 17:00 ARSENAL, Podolski on World Cup: "Passing the group won't be the easy"
- 10 Jun 13:30 ARSENAL, Ramsey on World Cup: "Brazil have good chances, Argentina and Spain too. I want to get qualified for the next one with Wales"
- 10 Jun 08:19 WEST BROMWICH, Burton: "We won't sell Thorne"
- 09 Jun 08:15 CHELSEA, Lampard: "Selling Sturridge was a mistake"
- 08 Jun 08:59 CHELSEA, Lukaku: "Many clubs are interested in me"
- 07 Jun 20:59 ARSENAL, Giroud on World Cup: "We reconciled with French fans, we've got good chances to win"
- 07 Jun 08:29 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "We need a striker"
- 06 Jun 15:30 ARSENAL, Mertesacker on World Cup: "We can win it, and we'll need team spirit for that"
- 06 Jun 12:45 ARSENAL, Sagna on World Cup: "1994 Brazil played in a magical way"
- 06 Jun 08:30 NEWCASTLE, Santon: "Roma and Milan after me"
- 05 Jun 08:19 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "Back to Italy? I don't think so"
- 04 Jun 12:45 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "Being respected by teammates helps you perform better"
- 04 Jun 08:19 ARSENAL, Cazorla: "I hope Fabregas will join"
- 03 Jun 13:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on his renewal: "I'll keep develop Gunners team and club. We are ready for a new great Arsenal to emerge"
- 03 Jun 08:19 STOKE, Coates: "We hope to sign Diouf"
- 01 Jun 08:59 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I would like Iniesta to join us"
- 31 May 17:59 LIVERPOOL, Skrtel: "I succeeded in playing so much due to my effort in training"
- 31 May 08:29 MAN. CITY, Aguero's father: "He would be delighted to join Barcelona"
- 30 May 12:15 ARSENAL, Ramsey on the season: "Some frustrating moments, but we finished off strong"
- 30 May 08:19 ARSENAL, Sagna: "I am leaving"
- 29 May 19:15 ARSENAL, Ozil's greetings to Fabianski
- 29 May 08:19 QPR, Redknapp: "I don't think Remy will come back"
- 28 May 19:14 ARSENAL, Ozil: "I want to become Germany legend at World Cup"
- 28 May 08:19 NEWCASTLE, Santon's agent: "Roma and Napoli? Just rumors"
- 27 May 08:19 ARSENAL, Podolski: "I am happy here"
- 26 May 08:15 TOTTENHAM, Vertonghen: "I am happy here"
- 25 May 08:59 SUNDERLAND, Giaccherini: "I am staying"
- 23 May 08:19 SWANSEA, Monk: "Michu not for sale"
- 22 May 08:15 NEWCASTLE, Sissoko's agent: "Open to all proposals"
- 21 May 08:19 LIVERPOOL, Agger: "My future? It's not up to me"
- 20 May 08:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Schneiderlin: "I want Champions League football"
- 19 May 15:00 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "We worked hard for get back winning together with the manager and the fans"
- 19 May 13:30 ARSENAL, Captain Vermaelen after FA Cup lifting: "It was unbelievable, we worked a lot for that"
- 19 May 12:30 ARSENAL, Ramsey on FA Cup victory score: "It was the most important goal of my time here"
- 19 May 11:15 ARSENAL, Wenger celebrates: "I tried desperately not to go to penalties"
- 19 May 08:15 MAN. CITY, Milner: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 18 May 08:59 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "No regrets about coming here"
- 17 May 17:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Cazorla: "It's been tough getting here. I love the Wembley one game-final formula"
- 17 May 16:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Giroud: "I'm used to manage the pressure"
- 17 May 15:00 FA Cup Final Preview - HULL CITY, Bruce: "Of course Arsenal are the favourite ones, but that's a one-off game, which often gives shocking outcomes"
- 17 May 14:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Ozil: "Excited for my Wembley debut. We had troubles, now we want to repay the fans"
- 17 May 13:00 FA Cup Final Preview - ARSENAL, Flamini: "We need to win for building a mentality and for the fans"
- 17 May 08:29 TOTTENHAM, Adebayor: "Monaco? I have a contract"
- 16 May 13:45 ARSENAL, Vermaelen: "Winning FA Cup can give us big boost. Fans have been amazing"
- 29 Jul 19:45 ITALY/ ROMA, Wolfsburg's offer for Destro refused
- 29 Jul 19:30 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Lead for Balanta
- 29 Jul 19:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sampdoria sign Baumgartner
- 29 Jul 19:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Barkley renews with Everton
- 29 Jul 18:45 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Lokomotiv sign Niasse
- 29 Jul 18:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New contract for Pogba ready
- 29 Jul 18:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool sign Origi
- 29 Jul 17:31 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Drogba: "It's amazing to be back"
- 29 Jul 17:06 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL Zurich: Chiumiento extends
- 29 Jul 16:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Verona sign Rodriguez
- 29 Jul 16:48 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Feyenoord: Kongolo extends until 2017
- 29 Jul 16:45 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Porto sign JosŤ Angel
- 29 Jul 16:44 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, West Ham: Valencia granted work permit
- 29 Jul 16:42 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter: appoint Dan Chard as Director of Global Partnerships
- 29 Jul 15:51 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid
- 29 Jul 15:42 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hannover: annual extension for Almer
- 29 Jul 15:33 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Genk axe Ferrera
- 29 Jul 15:24 FRANCE/ PSG, Offering Verratti and money to sign Di Maria
- 29 Jul 15:13 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Cech can join PSG
- 29 Jul 15:04 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Paul Lambert wants to sign Chelsea winger Moses
- 29 Jul 14:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Vertonghen plays down exit talks
- 29 Jul 14:29 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, closing in on the double signing of Southampton
- 29 Jul 14:20 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Sturridge: "I'm ready to replace Suarez"
- 29 Jul 14:11 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Fellaini faces exit as Napoli eye loan deal
- 29 Jul 14:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Toulose sign Matheus
- 29 Jul 13:50 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eintracht Frankfurt: arrives Valdez
- 29 Jul 13:41 MANCHESTER UNITED, van Gaal: "I don't sign players for pleasure"
- 29 Jul 13:32 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Kagawa free to join Borussia Dortmund
- 29 Jul 13:23 ITALY/ ROMA, Benatia observed by Real Madrid
- 29 Jul 13:14 AC MILAN & ARSENAL, Coming to terms on Joel Campbell
- 29 Jul 13:05 ENGLAND/ WIGAN, Survey on Yuji Ono
- 29 Jul 12:56 ITALY/ AS ROMA, New Serie A low ranking loan experience for Sanabria in thw viewfinder
- 29 Jul 12:47 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Planning majestic move for Di Maria
- 29 Jul 12:38 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Keen on Mbaye
- 29 Jul 12:29 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Defining details for Mangala
- 29 Jul 12:20 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Stall on Cerci
- 29 Jul 12:11 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Attempt for Dzemaili started
- 29 Jul 12:02 ITALY/ TORINO, Lead on Faraoni
- 29 Jul 11:54 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Douglas Costa getting nearer and nearer
- 29 Jul 11:45 ITALY/ INTER, The day might be right for signing Osvaldo
- 29 Jul 11:36 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Ravel Morrison more and more likely to leave
- 29 Jul 11:27 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Vidal's agent meets Bianconeri chief Marotta: United awaiting
- 29 Jul 11:18 ITALY/ CESENA, Approaching Brienza
- 29 Jul 11:09 ITALY/ AC MILAN, One more suitor for Niang
- 29 Jul 11:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Sanogo more and more likely to leave on loan
- 29 Jul 10:42 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Pursue for Micah Richards' loan
- 29 Jul 10:33 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, Still negotiating with Bendtner
- 29 Jul 10:24 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Denials on meeting with Fellaini
- 29 Jul 10:22 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Giroud can extend
- 29 Jul 10:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Almunia meets Cagliari in the afternoon
Didier Drogba admits it took little thinking about when he was offered the chance to return to Chelsea.
"It's amazing to be back, a great feeling," Drogba told the club's website. "I'm happy to be back here and I'm looking forward to seeing the b
Torino president Urbano Cairo has declared about 27-year-old winger Alessio Cerci: "There have been no contacts with Milan. Will he stay? It depe
Interviewed by SFC Radio, Sevilla FC Sports Director Ramon Rodriguez "Monchi" has declared about 27-year-old forward Carlos Bacca: "The
In the press conference, Manchester United's coach, Louis van Gaal, has spoken about Red Devils market transfer. "I don't sign players on
Donato Di Campli, agent of PSG midfielder Marco Verratti, has told Sportitalia: "There are no doubts about it, his future is at PSG".