ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Chelsea: farewell Drogba
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Chelsea Football Club can confirm Didier Drogba will be leaving the club when his contract expires at the end of June.
Didier has spent eight years at Chelsea, and everyone at the club would like to thank him for his service and wish him luck and continued success for the future.
Chelsea Chief Executive Ron Gourlay said: 'Didier is undoubtedly a Chelsea legend and will always be part of the Chelsea family. He is certainly leaving on a high after Saturday night but he feels the time is right for a new challenge.
'Of course Didier has contributed so much to all of Chelsea's recent successes. He has been a consummate professional during his entire time here and as one of the natural leaders in our squad he has been an inspiration to a lot of our younger players.
'We have known for some time that this outcome was likely but Didier and the club only made a final decision on that in the last couple of days, because for obvious reasons neither Didier nor the club wanted to distract focus away from the Champions League Final.
'The talks were amicable all the way through and we wish him all the best for the future. He is welcome back to Stamford Bridge at any time - either as a player or as a guest of ours.'
Didier leaves Chelsea having scored 157 goals in 341 appearances. He is the club's fourth all-time highest scorer, his 34 goals in European competition is a Chelsea record by 10 goals and his nine strikes in nine cup finals has contributed immensely to the most successful period in the club's history.
He won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two Carling Cups and now, in the most dramatic and glorious of circumstances, the Champions League. He has been named Chelsea's Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year and won the Premier League Golden Boot twice.
The 34-year-old said: 'I wanted to put an end to all the speculation and confirm that I am leaving Chelsea. It has been a very difficult decision for me to make and I am very proud of what we have achieved but the time is right for a new challenge for me.
'As a team we have accomplished so much and have won every single trophy possible. Saturday was a very special moment for everyone at the club and for all the fans, and I am very proud to have played my part in bringing many trophies to this club, which has been my home for the last eight years.
'I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the club especially Roman and my team-mates, many of whom have become very close friends and will be my friends for life. I would also like to say a very special thank you to the Chelsea fans who have shown me so much love and support over the years.
'I wish the club all the best and continued success for the future - you will always be in my heart.'
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Premier League (England)
- 20 May 06:15 MANCHESTER CITY, Nasri: "No contacts with PSG"
- 19 May 06:59 QPR, Redknapp: "No contacts with Arsenal for Julio Cesar"
- 18 May 18:59 ARSENAL, Sagna: "I admire Ibra, who never sold out. Playing with him? Why not?!"
- 18 May 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We are not after Rooney"
- 17 May 19:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We are the masters of our own fate"
- 17 May 17:40 ARSENAL, Wenger: "The worst thing for a manager is playing without any pressure"
- 17 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I’d love to have signed Beckham"
- 17 May 16:45 ARSENAL, Podolski: "We must qualify"
- 17 May 15:30 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Maybe Newcastle will give us a hard time by playing unpressured"
- 17 May 06:15 QPR, Julio Cesar: "I will leave, but I don't know where I will go"
- 16 May 16:45 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We showed we can share goals"
- 16 May 06:19 CHELSEA, Benitez: "I am not thinking about Napoli"
- 15 May 06:15 ARSENAL, Sagna's agent: "Anzhi? Too early to talk about it"
- 14 May 19:00 ARSENAL, Vermaelen: "Missing some games makes you stronger. My captaincy style is still the same"
- 14 May 18:30 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "I'm enjoying playing here. Very good partnership with Mertesacker, I progressed a lot"
- 14 May 06:19 QPR, Granero: "I don't want to play in the Championship"
- 13 May 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Adebayor: "My future remains uncertain"
- 12 May 06:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "We want to keep Škrtel"
- 11 May 15:00 TOTTENHAM, Villas-Boas: "Taking Bale away from us will be difficult for Manchester United"
- 11 May 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "Reina is not for sale"
- 10 May 06:15 WEST HAM, Sullivan: "We would like to keep Carroll"
- 09 May 19:00 CHELSEA, Lampard: "I could have done more for deserving a renewal"
- 09 May 15:30 MANCHESTER UNITED, Moyes: "It’s a great honour to be asked to be the next Manager "
- 09 May 06:15 MAN. CITY, Mancini: "Cavani and El Shaarawy? We are not the only club interested"
- 08 May 09:30 MANCHESTER UTD, David Gill: "16 unforgettable years with Ferguson"
- 08 May 06:15 ASTON VILLA, Lambert: "Lowton won't move"
- 07 May 10:30 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Let's qualify for Champions League, Tottenham have not enough quality"
- 07 May 10:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Podolski will play as a striker"
- 07 May 06:15 STOKE CITY, Pulis: "No offers for Begović"
- 06 May 20:00 ARSENAL, Podolski: "I'm fulfilled with my season, but now we must hit our target"
- 06 May 19:30 MANCHESTER CITY, Yaya Touré: "I might end my career here"
- 06 May 17:30 WEST HAM, Joe Cole: "All of us want Carroll to stay"
- 06 May 07:51 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Theo is so clinical now"
- 06 May 07:15 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "I'm happy with final games"
- 06 May 06:19 MAN. UTD., Ferguson asks for new signings
- 05 May 06:29 CHELSEA, Cech: "It would be a pleasure to work with Mourinho"
- 04 May 07:27 ST. ETIENNE, Aubameyang: "I like La Liga, the Premier League and the Bundesliga"
- 04 May 06:29 CHELSEA, Benayoun: "I have many offers, but.."
- 03 May 18:00 QPR, Redknapp: "If Arsenal want Julio Cesar, they need to make a good offer"
- 03 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Now we are financially strong"
- 03 May 10:29 LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "Every day to get better and better"
- 03 May 06:19 FULHAM, Berbatov's agent: "Russia interesting option, but.."
- 02 May 17:47 ARSENAL, Wenger: "How Santi has surprised me"
- 02 May 06:19 READING, Pogrebnyak's agent: "He wants to remain in England"
- 01 May 06:29 MAN. CITY, Tevez: "Back to Boca? If iy was up to me.."
- 30 Apr 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Bale: "Real Madrid? Just speculations"
- 29 Apr 11:17 ARSENAL, Wenger: "There's no margin for error now"
- 29 Apr 06:19 FULHAM, Jol: "Emanuelson wants to move back to AC Milan"
- 28 Apr 06:57 CHELSEA, Terry: "If I won't extend I will leave England"
- 27 Apr 06:57 MAN. CITY, Clichy: "I would like to extend"
- 20 May 14:00 O.M., Barton: "I'm happy here, and that goes beyond money"
- 20 May 13:50 ITALY/ INTER, Mazzarri meets Branca for Neroazzurri's bench
- 20 May 13:40 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Leo Baptistao about to be announced
- 20 May 13:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Abbiati extends for AC Milan
- 20 May 13:20 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Napoli management meet Benitez in London
- 20 May 13:10 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eggimann joins Union Berlin
- 20 May 13:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Next season might be the right one for Miyaichi
- 20 May 12:30 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Villas-Boas wants Moutinho
- 20 May 12:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "This is a very special group"
- 20 May 12:00 ITALY/ INTER, Stramaccioni: "Future? All in the head and words of our president"
- 20 May 11:45 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Ready the offer for Danny Rose
- 20 May 11:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Allegri: "Third place has always been the minimum objective"
- 20 May 11:16 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Galliani: "Hopefully we will continue with him"
- 20 May 11:03 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Thinking about Odemwingie
- 20 May 10:43 ENGLAND/ QPR, Redknapp:"I don't want people coming in late"
- 20 May 10:31 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Lambert in talks with Benteke
- 20 May 10:13 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Simpson set to leave Toon
- 20 May 10:03 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bendtner underwent an operation
- 20 May 09:37 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Ferreira quits Sporting Lisbona
- 20 May 09:36 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM , Medical test today for Rat
- 20 May 09:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Burnley: heaton signs in
- 20 May 09:01 INTER, Nagatomo: "My knee? I chose not to have an operation because..."
- 20 May 08:45 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Ready 25 mlns for the back line
- 20 May 08:30 ITALY/ INTER, Juan Jesus: "All sorts happened this year, focused on starting afresh""
- 20 May 07:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bendtner will undergo surgery
- 20 May 06:45 PSG, Al Khelaifi: "Ancelotti wants to leave, but he has a contract.."
- 20 May 06:30 LEVERKUSEN, Schürrle: "In Hamburg it was my last game with Bayer"
- 20 May 06:15 MANCHESTER CITY, Nasri: "No contacts with PSG"
- 20 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Vilanova: "Everybody would like to have Neymar"
- 20 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Abbiati: "I have extended my contract"
- 19 May 23:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mazzarri quits Napoli
- 19 May 22:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA FC, Kondogbia offered to PSG
- 19 May 22:27 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Sprint for Poli
- 19 May 21:59 FRANCE/ MONACO, Meeting with Cassano's agent
- 19 May 21:29 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Jovetic won't leave for less than 30 millions
- 19 May 21:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Idea Luis Enrique for the bench
- 19 May 20:30 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Barcelona's offer for Neymar refused
- 19 May 19:57 FRANCE/ SAINT-ETIENNE, Also two German clubs after Aubameyang
- 19 May 19:27 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New attempt for Kolarov soon
- 19 May 18:59 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Jardim about to sign
- 19 May 18:29 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hertha sign Hosogai
- 19 May 18:00 BRAZIL/ SAO PAULO, Interest for Felipe Melo
- 19 May 17:30 FRANCE/ MONACO, Keen on Lamela
- 19 May 16:57 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Mattheus about to extend
- 19 May 16:27 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT BRAUNSCHWEIG, Caligiuri likely to join
- 19 May 15:59 SPAIN/ BETIS, Keen on Dos Santos
- 19 May 15:29 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Also AC Milan after Pjanić
- 19 May 15:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Greuther Fürth sign Brosinski
- 19 May 14:30 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Scarione gets farther
- 19 May 13:57 FRANCE/ LENS, Two clubs after Touzghar
Signed by Arsenal in 2011 and then constantly released on loan (first to Feyenoord, then to Bolton Wanderers, lastly to Wigan Athletic), Japanese international winger Ryo Miyaichi (20) might once and for all get to play for Gunners in 2013/14. Currently on a deal with...
Yuto Nagatomo spoke to Japanese reporters after the game against Udinese. "We've had so many injuries this season, both the team...
As reported by El Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has declared about Santos 21 year old striker Neymar: "I don't know...
Interviewed by Telefoot, Manchester City 25 year old attacking midfielder Samir Nasri has declared: "Next year I will stil be in...
Hamburg Sports Director Frank Arnesen has declared about 20 year old forward Son Heung-Min: "I think that he will remain with us. For...
As reported by Sky Sports UK, former Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Newcastle and Queens Park Rangers English 30 years old midfielder Joey...