REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Mourinho is the number one manager right now"
© foto di Alconada/Alterphotos/Image Spo
Cristiano Ronaldo talked about the season, winning the league title and the Euro 2012 during a publicity act.
"My objectives are to win something with the national team and to win Real Madrid’s tenth European Cup title. Everyone talks about the Champions League in Madrid and we players feel it is very important for the country and the people. We’ve been close this year and we need many things, such as luck and good teams in our group. The Tenth is coming next year or the next. People always focus on the Champions League because it is one of the best tournaments. I’m sure we’ll win it eventually.
"We didn't reach the final in the UCL because we missed the penalties. You can’t reach finals missing three penalties, but game wise I believe we played well in the first half but not so well after half-time. This may have been due to facing Barcelona the same week, and that was a tough game both physically and mentally. I don’t want to use this to justify our loss, but we were a little tired in the second half. Bayern deserved to be in the final because they are a fantastic side and they have a great coach. Those who come up with the calendar have to realize it isn’t good for the spectacle of the game. Playing two big games the same week isn’t good for players, who have to rest both physically and mentally. I’m looking forward to seeing them realize this. We’ll see what happens.
"When I arrived at Manchester United when I was only 18 years old Sir Alex was like a father to me. He helped me a lot and taught me many things. I finished my cycle with him after six years and he is a great, great person, and a fantastic coach. In my opinion, he and Mourinho are the best managers in the world. To continue my career with Mourinho now is just great because it helps me improve and learn more. I don’t wish for anything different than that. It’s great to work with him because, right now, he is the number one manager.
"I think we changed the cycle in Spain this year by defeating Barcelona at their stadium, which is never easy. We won with a nine-point lead, which is very large. Barcelona are a great side, but we proved to be better than them at the moment.
"Individually speaking I would probably give myself a 10 this season. Collectively, I would give us a 9 because I would have liked to win more, like the Champions League.
"I remember some journalists asked mewhat my limit was last year and I said it is always to improve myself every season. I know it will be very difficult to score more than 46 goals in the league, but everything can happen with the right circumstances. I know I can do better season by season, but that it will be harder each year. We took an unprecedented 100 points in the league and that will also be hard to beat, but you never know.
"I just want to get better all the time. This is not a contest between Messi and I, it’s between me and every team and every player because I always want to be better than anyone else. People compare Messi and I all the time, but it’s like comparing a Ferrari with a Porsche or a Mercedes. These are cars with different designs and different engines, and we are different players; one plays for Barcelona, the other for Real Madrid. We play in different national teams and we’re a different kind of player. You cannot make comparisons, but I must say he is a great player and we always fight each other, in a good way, to see who scores more goals or wins more titles. All footballers compete with other players; that’s our life.
"I’m not the judge to say if I deserve it or not. I just say I’ve had a fantastic season and I won the league trophy, which I think is very important. La Liga is the most complicated league championship in the world. Right now I’m focusing on having a great tournament with Portugal, which would also help me earn a nomination for the Ballon d’Or. But, to be honest, I don’t really worry about that.
"Mourinho said in an interview that he counts on every player, which means he’d like Higuain on the team. Higuain knows better than anyone if he’s happy here and if he likes the club, which I know he does, but we’ll have to respect his choice whatever it is. We love him and he’s a great player.
"I have a few years left on my contract and I’m happy here and would like to stay on. But you never know what the future may bring. I like the club, the supporters are amazing, the stadium is great and I like Spain. But I don’t know about the future.
"We joke about the Euro and Portugal's match with Germany all the time. I especially do so with Mesut because he is funnier than Sami, who is more of a serious guy. We just say things like, 'Watch out for your legs' or 'I’ll play down your side'… That’s good because we have a fantastic squad. We also kid around with the Spaniards because they say they’re going to win again. We’ll see.
"The three biggest sides at the moment and with a greater chance are Spain, Germany and the Netherlands, in my opinion. Portugal are never favourites to win championships, which is good in some way because we don’t feel the pressure the others feel. We have young players and a new coach, and we think we’ll prove surprising in the Euro. I really believe that, but we’re not favourites. Being in such a tough group makes things more complicated, but going through to the quarterfinals could maybe make things easier for us. Let’s see."
Other news Liga (Spain)
- 18 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Douglas: "I cried when I knew I was moving here"
- 17 Sep 12:21 REAL MADRID,Modric: "We need to build on this and continue to grow"
- 17 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "I want to end my career here"
- 16 Sep 16:57 REAL MADRID, Former chairman Calderon: "CR7 is fed up with the club's policy. United return? I wouldn't be surprised"
- 15 Sep 07:20 REAL MADRID, Casillas after derby debacle: "We've been very unlucky. A team of winner like ours will get to climb back"
- 12 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Rafinha: "I don't fear the competition"
- 11 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Adriano: "I had many offers, but I wanted to stay"
- 10 Sep 18:15 BARCELONA, Adriano: "Luis Enrique has a lot of character and that's good for us"
- 10 Sep 00:45 GETAFE, Torres: "No offers for Pedro Leon"
- 09 Sep 06:00 LEVANTE, Sissoko: "I wanted to quit..."
- 08 Sep 06:29 VILLARREAL, Musacchio" I never asked to leave"
- 05 Sep 18:02 REAL MADRID, Perez: "I have zero disagreements with 'loyal' Ronaldo"
- 03 Sep 13:00 BARCELONA, Douglas: "To adapt to Barça I’m going to have to work on "
- 01 Sep 11:44 REAL MADRID, Casillas: “We cannot let slip a 0-2 lead like that”
- 29 Aug 06:00 REAL, Ronaldo: "Two Important players have left"
- 28 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Suarez: "I have refused other offers to come here"
- 27 Aug 06:00 ESPANYOL, Collet: "There is an offer for Lopez"
- 26 Aug 12:45 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Neither Ronaldo nor Madrid in peak condition"
- 26 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Tremoulinas: "I feel no pressure"
- 25 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Di Maria will leave, Khedira will stay"
- 24 Aug 09:30 REAL MADRID, Khedira: "Leaving? Everything can happen"
- 23 Aug 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "Fazio is leaving"
- 22 Aug 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "Enzo Perez would be perfect for us"
- 21 Aug 08:15 ATLETICO MADRID, Raul Garcia: "New players are welcome"
- 20 Aug 19:59 REAL MADRID, Modric: "My dream continues with my renewal"
- 20 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Cerezo: "Not possible to sign Reus"
- 19 Aug 14:26 BARCELONA, Suarez: "My ban is what it is and we have to accept it"
- 19 Aug 06:00 VILLARREAL, Garcia Toral: "I think Musacchio will stay"
- 18 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Luis Enrique: "Deulofeu's departure was my choice"
- 17 Aug 09:30 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Our transfer market is over"
- 14 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Alderweireld's father: "We are waiting for an offer"
- 13 Aug 06:00 REAL, Ancelotti: "Khedira is not for sale"
- 12 Aug 06:00 VILLARREAL, Victor Ruiz: "I had no doubts about coming"
- 11 Aug 15:44 BARCELONA, confirm Vermaelen is still carrying a hamstring injury
- 11 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "No offers for Dani Alves"
- 10 Aug 06:29 BARCELONA, Vermaelen: "I'm in a great club"
- 09 Aug 06:00 VALENCIA, Rufete: "We are in talks for Vargas"
- 08 Aug 06:00 CORDOBA, Rossi: "I am not thinking about Italy"
- 06 Aug 06:20 REAL MADRID, Navas: "This is the best club on the planet"
- 05 Aug 06:00 REAL MADRID, Navas: "Being here is a great responsibility"
- 04 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "Saying no to Barça has not been easy"
- 03 Aug 09:29 VALENCIA, Espirito Santo: "Enzo Perez wants to join us"
- 02 Aug 06:00 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We will do something else one the market"
- 01 Aug 06:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "We are not after Callejon and Hernandez"
- 31 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Barbosa: "I didn't come to be a backup"
- 30 Jul 06:00 BARCELONA, Rakitic: "Happy that Xavi will stay"
- 29 Jul 06:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No offers for Bacca"
- 28 Jul 18:59 REAL MADRID, Ronaldo: "Over and above individual prizes"
- 28 Jul 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Griezmann could help our team"
- 27 Jul 06:30 ATLETICO, Suarez: "I am happy here"
- 26 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "It will be difficult to replace Mathieu"
- 25 Jul 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Torres has a home here"
- 24 Jul 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "I am happy here"
- 23 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Bacca: "I want to honor my contract"
- 22 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Parejo: "I hope Mathieu will stay"
- 21 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Guardado's agent: "Offers from Italy and Russia"
- 20 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas: "I haven't signed for anyone yet"
- 19 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Diego Lopez's agent: "Nothing with Benfica"
- 18 Jul 08:00 VALENCIA, Salvo: "We want to keep Mathieu"
- 17 Jul 08:15 REAL MADRID, Khedira's agent: "We are not in talks with Arsenal"
- 16 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I want to honor my contract"
- 15 Jul 08:19 VALENCIA, Nuno: "Mathieu going nowhere"
- 14 Jul 08:15 BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "We'll sign other players"
- 13 Jul 08:30 SEVILLA, Monchi: "Carmona is not a priority"
- 11 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata: "I am looking forward to join Juventus"
- 10 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "I would like to honor my contact"
- 08 Jul 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve is closer"
- 07 Jul 08:30 LEVANTE, Navas' agent: "Offers form Atletico and Porto"
- 04 Jul 08:00 SEVILLA, Monchi: "No more talks with Liverpool for Moreno"
- 03 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Adriano: "I would like to stay"
- 02 Jul 16:15 BARCELONA, Adriano keen on Barca stay
- 01 Jul 08:00 BARCELONA, Faus: "We can invest on the transfer market"
- 28 Jun 08:00 LEVANTE, Navas: "Atletico? It would be great"
- 26 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay for many years"
- 25 Jun 08:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 24 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "If Diego Costa leaves..."
- 23 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Di Maria: "Don't know anything about Juve"
- 22 Jun 08:29 ATLETICO, Godin: "I will stay"
- 21 Jun 08:00 REAL, Burgui: "Espanyol are after me"
- 19 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Morata's agent: "Juve? Nothing new"
- 18 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "Sorry that I didn't have time to say good-bye"
- 16 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Courtois: "My future? After the World Cup"
- 14 Jun 08:00 BARCELONA, Xavi: "No decisions about my future yet"
- 13 Jun 08:00 REAL SOCIEDAD, Aperribay: "Vela wants to remain"
- 12 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 11 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "No hurry about the new signings"
- 11 Jun 00:46 BRAZIL, Pele: "I love Xavi"
- 10 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Arda Turan's agent: "No contacts with Barcelona"
- 09 Jun 08:00 VALENCIA, Bernat's agent: "No offers from Porto"
- 08 Jun 08:30 SEVILLA, Castro: "We haven' sold or bought anyone"
- 07 Jun 08:00 SEVILLA, Moreno: "I have four years on my contract"
- 06 Jun 08:15 ATLETICO, Koke: "I am happy here"
- 05 Jun 08:00 ATLETICO, Cerezo: "Who wants Diego Costa must pay his clause"
- 04 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Perez: "Morata won't join Juve"
- 03 Jun 08:00 REAL MADRID, Arbeloa's agent: "He won't move"
- 01 Jun 08:30 REAL SOCIEDAD, Arrasate: "Difficult to keep Bravo"
- 31 May 08:00 ATLETICO, Koke: "I want to stay"
- 30 May 08:00 VALENCIA, Diego Alves: "I'm about to sign a new contract"
- 29 May 08:00 SEVILLA, Castro: "No offers for Rakitic"
- 28 May 08:00 REAL, Di Maria: "I want to honor my contract"
- 18 Sep 11:31 ENGLAND/ CARDIFF, Pulis to replace Solskjaer
- 18 Sep 11:14 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, keen to sign Brandt as Liverpool
- 18 Sep 11:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, plotting to re-sign Lass Diarra
- 18 Sep 10:44 As ROMA , Gervinho about Champions: "We can go a long way"
- 18 Sep 10:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, eye moves for free agent defenders
- 18 Sep 10:05 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Gervinho: "Happy for the renewal, this is my home"
- 18 Sep 09:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Back for Matuidi
- 18 Sep 08:45 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL, Auction for Schär
- 18 Sep 08:30 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Suarez towards Italy
- 18 Sep 08:15 HUNGARY/ HONVED, Chevanton about to sign
- 18 Sep 08:00 ITALY/ ROMA, Imminent meeting for Rabiot
- 18 Sep 07:40 FRANCE/ PSG, Auction for Lavezzi
- 18 Sep 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Mandzukic undergoes surgery
- 18 Sep 06:57 PSG, Maxwell: "I could even decide to quit"
- 18 Sep 06:39 BAYERN, Gaudino's agent: "No contacts with Inter"
- 18 Sep 06:19 SWANSEA, Bony: "I'm not thinking about leaving"
- 18 Sep 06:00 BARCELONA, Douglas: "I cried when I knew I was moving here"
- 18 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "My new contract? Not yet"
- 17 Sep 23:37 ARGENTINA/ SAN LORENZO, Bauza likely to renew
- 17 Sep 23:17 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Nilmar signs for Internacional
- 17 Sep 22:59 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Arshavin could renew
- 17 Sep 22:39 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, El Hamdaoui towards Wydad
- 17 Sep 22:20 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Illarramendi could leave
- 17 Sep 22:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Arbeloa closer
- 17 Sep 21:37 SWITZERLAND/ LUZERN, Bernegger confirmed
- 17 Sep 21:17 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Klever renews with Fluminense
- 17 Sep 20:59 FRANCE/ PSG, Cavani could leave
- 17 Sep 20:39 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Aigner renews with Eintracht
- 17 Sep 20:20 HUNGARY/ HONVED, Offer to Chevanton
- 17 Sep 20:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Sergi Roberto renews with Barcelona
- 17 Sep 19:45 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Idea Ziegler
- 17 Sep 19:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Lambert renews with Aston Villa
- 17 Sep 19:15 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Also Inter after Gaudino
- 17 Sep 19:00 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, 2 suitors for Rodic
- 17 Sep 18:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Back tracking Illarramendi
- 17 Sep 18:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Suggestion for Ziegler
- 17 Sep 18:15 JUVENTUS & TOTTENHAM, Witsel on target
- 17 Sep 18:00 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Klopp on triumph over Arsenal
- 17 Sep 17:44 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Gourlay: "Working to hold Mou for 10 years"
- 17 Sep 17:30 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Mangala is embracing the challenge posed by fierce competition
- 17 Sep 17:15 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Two players renew for St. Gallen
- 17 Sep 17:00 FRANCE/ O.M., Gignac might leave in winter
- 17 Sep 16:45 ARSENAL, Arteta: "Borussia Dortmund defeated us through pace and pressure"
- 17 Sep 16:30 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Kristian Kuzmanovic joins FC Vaduz
- 17 Sep 16:15 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Jorginho is the new Chapecoense manager
- 17 Sep 16:00 AC MILAN & NAPOLI, Reopening on André Ayew
- 17 Sep 15:45 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Attempt for Glen Johnson ready
- 17 Sep 15:30 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Suggestion for McCarthy
- 17 Sep 15:15 ARSENAL, Bellerin: "Debuting in Champions League has been a dream for me"
- 17 Sep 15:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Back for Baselli
After scoring two against PFC CSKA Moskva, Gervinho is confident AS Roma's UEFA Champions League return will be a successful one, a view shared by Morgan De Sanctis.
"We are happy to have won tonight. We are delighted to be back in this competition and it was a game tha
After scoring two against PFC CSKA Moskva, Gervinho is confident AS Roma's UEFA Champions League return will be a successful one, a view shared by
Barcelona full back Douglas has declared: "I have cried many times when I heard that I was going to join Barcelona, this is the tranfer of life f
Arsenal playmaking midfielder and captain Mikel Arteta talked about 2-0 defeat suffered from Borussia Dortmund: "We played against one of the top
OM forward Florian Thauvin has declared: "The president have had some contacts with Inter, but I don't know what has really happens. Things w
Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp commented upon Champions League triumph over Arsenal, talking to Ruhr Nachrichten: "We wanted to be a perf