INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 25 Jan 06:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I have no reasons to leave"
- 24 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Benitez wants to stay"
- 23 Jan 00:00 PARMA, Kodra: "We were about to sign Balotelli"
- 22 Jan 18:02 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I would like to be important for the team"
- 22 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "He could extend his deal"
- 21 Jan 16:44 AC MILAN, Mexes: "We must not look for excuses"
- 21 Jan 00:00 INTER, M'Vila's agent: "QPR are the most interested in him"
- 20 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We want to keep Pogba"
- 19 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "I'm not thinking about my future"
- 18 Jan 06:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Destro will probably stay"
- 17 Jan 00:00 LAZIO, Ledesma's agent: "His future remains uncertain"
- 16 Jan 17:52 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "We put in a convincing performance yesterday"
- 16 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, Essien's agent: "He won't extend his deal"
- 15 Jan 18:13 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "Cerci is a fast player and he has a great left foot"
- 15 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez's agent: "No contacts with Roma"
- 14 Jan 18:15 INTER, Shaqiri: "This one of the biggest clubs in the world"
- 14 Jan 17:59 AC MILAN, De Jong: "We must continue to work"
- 14 Jan 00:00 INTER, Vidic's agent:: "He won't leave in January"
- 13 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "He will leave at the right moment"
- 12 Jan 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "Gala won't let Sneijder leave"
- 11 Jan 06:00 INTER, Mancini: "The market? We may sign other players"
- 10 Jan 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro's agent: "No contacts with Milan"
- 09 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "Honoured by Real Madrid's interest"
- 08 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will remain until June"
- 07 Jan 18:01 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Cerci...We tried to sign him this summer"
- 07 Jan 00:00 INTER, Handanovic: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 05 Jan 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I am about to renew"
- 04 Jan 06:59 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "We want to be among the top eight teams on the continent"
- 03 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "Two options for his future"
- 02 Jan 06:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "Next Summer everything can happen"
- 01 Jan 00:00 AS ROMA, Ljajic: "Here for at least ten years"
- 31 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "He will stay"
- 30 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "No contacts with Fiorentina"
- 29 Dec 15:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Alexis: "Am I the star at Gunners? I'm just another player"
- 29 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "In January I won't move"
- 28 Dec 06:00 UDINESE, Muriel: "I am about to join Sampdoria"
- 25 Dec 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Gabbiadini won't be our only signing"
- 24 Dec 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "As long as they don't kick me out..."
- 23 Dec 00:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "He will remain until the end of the season"
- 22 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are not after Lennon"
- 21 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We'll do something on the transfer market"
- 20 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Essien's agent: "He won't leave in January"
- 19 Dec 18:14 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez: " I couldn't stay at Real Madrid once Navas arrived"
- 19 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Rodriguez: "I would like to end my career at San Lorenzo"
- 18 Dec 07:17 AC MILAN, Bonera: "Victory over Napoli give us confidence for facing AS Roma"
- 16 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Boca? No, I'll remain here"
- 15 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Torres going nowhere"
- 12 Dec 18:48 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I am sure that with this squad we can qualify for the Champions"
- 12 Dec 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman going nowhere"
- 11 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Tare: "We are not after Andreolli"
- 10 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No contacts for Inan"
- 09 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Lucas Silva? After Christmas we'll see"
- 09 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Dybala: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 08 Dec 06:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "We want to reinforce our team"
- 07 Dec 06:00 ROMA, Florenzi: "The new contract? We'll see..."
- 06 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Baccin: "Dybala going nowhere"
- 05 Dec 00:00 UDINESE, Soldati: "I don't think Widmer will leave in January"
- 04 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Savic: "No contacts with Juve"
- 03 Dec 17:13 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Ronaldo deserves Ballon d'Or, but Messi is still the best"
- 03 Dec 17:00 AS ROMA, Castan underwent neurosurgery this morning
- 03 Dec 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 02 Dec 17:50 AC MILAN, Bonera: "What Adriano Galliani said is very true..."
- 02 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 01 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Gonzalez: "If I don't get to play, I'll leave"
- 30 Nov 06:00 FIORENTINA, Richards: "Coming here was the right decision"
- 29 Nov 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "No negotiations for the new deal"
- 28 Nov 00:00 FIORENTINA, Mencucci: "Still in talks with Neto"
- 27 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba is not for sale"
- 26 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 24 Nov 20:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Against CSKA it will not be easy"
- 24 Nov 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Confidence in Ventura"
- 23 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I'm happy here"
- 22 Nov 06:00 GENOA, Kucka: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 21 Nov 16:59 INTER, Thohir: "We're building our five-year business plan"
- 21 Nov 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "I am happy here"
- 20 Nov 21:00 AC MILAN, Abbiati: "The best goal in the derby? In my opinion Shevchenko’s in the second leg of the Champions"
- 20 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Ljajic: "I could stay for 10 years"
- 19 Nov 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Bommel: "De Jong? He is almost like me, playing for the team not for himself"
- 19 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "I don't think I will leave in January"
- 18 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Destro going nowhere"
- 17 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We have refused United's offer for Vidal"
- 16 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I don't know if I will rejoin Real"
- 15 Nov 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Happy to welcome back Roberto Mancini"
- 14 Nov 00:00 ROMA, De Sanctis: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 13 Nov 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer: "My future? I am happy here"
- 12 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "No offers from Barça and Atletico"
- 11 Nov 00:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic's agent: "We'll make a decision with the club"
- 10 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Optimistic about Lichtsteiner's new contract"
- 08 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 07 Nov 17:14 AC MILAN, Berlusconi to the team: "Thank you for the 2-0 win the other evening"
- 07 Nov 10:30 INTER, Kovacic: "We should have done more"
- 07 Nov 06:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "He could move abroad"
- 06 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We don't want to sell Vidal"
- 05 Nov 08:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente on 3-2 over Olympiakos: "We showed a great response after their 0-2"
- 05 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "No hurry about his new contract"
- 04 Nov 11:29 AC MILAN, Saponara: "Defeat will be a valuable lesson"
- 04 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Albiol's brother: "His future is here"
- 03 Nov 00:00 INTER, Fassone: "Rolando can come back"
- 01 Nov 00:00 PARMA, Leonardi: "In January we'll be attentive on the market"
- 31 Oct 06:00 AC MILAN, Torres: "Leaving Chelsea was my choice"
- 25 Jan 08:27 ITALY/ LAZIO, Djordjevic injured
- 25 Jan 07:57 PSG, Blanc: "Only Chantome has asked to leave"
- 25 Jan 07:29 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "We wanted Brandt, but..."
- 25 Jan 06:59 SWANSEA, Monk: "I think Gomis will stay"
- 25 Jan 06:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I have no reasons to leave"
- 25 Jan 00:00 ITALY/ INTER, Summer plan for signing Yaya Touré
- 24 Jan 23:00 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING BRAGA, 2 rivals towards Lazio's Pereirinha
- 24 Jan 22:00 ENGLAND/ WBA, Duel to Premier League and Serie A suitors for M'Vila
- 24 Jan 21:00 ITALY/ INTER, Cassano might join back
- 24 Jan 20:00 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Olympiakos sign Franco Jara
- 24 Jan 19:39 ITALY/ AS ROMA: Duel to Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus on Lacazette
- 24 Jan 19:20 ARGENTINA/ RACING AVELLANEDA, Eyes on Papu Gomez
- 24 Jan 19:00 CORINTHIANS & SAO PAULO, Pato offered to Everton
- 24 Jan 18:37 ITALY/ INTER, Almost done for Brozovic
- 24 Jan 18:17 ITALY/ TORINO, Steps forward towards Osvaldo
- 24 Jan 17:59 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Romulo might join Hellas Verona back
- 24 Jan 17:39 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Not giving up on Illarramendi
- 24 Jan 17:20 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Savic joins Watford
- 24 Jan 17:00 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Medical checks for Eto'o
- 24 Jan 16:27 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Diego Rodriguez joins Independiente Avellaneda
- 24 Jan 15:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, RCD Mallorca sign Xisco
- 24 Jan 15:29 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bologna sign Mbaye on loan from Inter
- 24 Jan 14:59 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Jaime Ayovi joins Godoy Cruz back
- 24 Jan 14:30 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Wigan yield Watson to Watford
- 24 Jan 14:00 CHINA/ OFFICIAL, Shanghai Shenhua sign Papadopoulos
- 24 Jan 13:37 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Approaching Henrique
- 24 Jan 13:17 SPAIN/ RAYO VALLECANO, Correa about to join on loan from Atletico
- 24 Jan 12:59 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Big plan for signing Bale
- 24 Jan 12:39 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Larrondo joins Tigre
- 24 Jan 12:20 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Kuyt willing to join back
- 24 Jan 12:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid sign Lucas Silva
- 24 Jan 11:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Hamdi joins Brest
- 24 Jan 10:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Vasco da Gama sign Serginho
- 24 Jan 09:00 ITALY/ ROMA, Attempt for Luiz Adriano
- 24 Jan 08:30 USA/ OFFICIAL, Grana joins Columbus
- 24 Jan 07:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Felipe Anderson still injured
- 24 Jan 07:27 LILLE, Girard: "Nothing going on about my future"
- 24 Jan 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "No hurry about Guardiola's renewal"
- 24 Jan 06:29 CHELSEA, Ramires' agent: "No negotiations for his departure"
- 24 Jan 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Ramos is important for us"
- 24 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Benitez wants to stay"
- 23 Jan 23:27 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Real Madrid sign Lucas Silva
- 23 Jan 22:57 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montpellier sign Sotoca
- 23 Jan 22:29 HOLLAND/ PSV, Eyes on Diego Reyes
- 23 Jan 21:59 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Anderson renews with Burnley
- 23 Jan 21:30 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Tomorrow medicals for Gilardino
- 23 Jan 21:00 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, Dundee sign McGowan
- 23 Jan 20:37 TURKEY/ OFFICIAL, Erciyesspor sign Drenthe
- 23 Jan 20:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Larrondo joins Tigre
- 23 Jan 19:59 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Lierse sign Capdevila
According to latest news reported in Italian media, highlighted by La Gazzetta dello Sport, Inter manager Roberto Mancini, with the consent of Neroazzurri owner, Erick Thohir, is planning to sign Ivorian international half-back Yaya Touré (31). Former
Interviewed by Voetbalnieuws, Napoli winger Dries Martens has declared: "I really have no reason to think about leaving. I don't know if some
Real Madrid coach Sergio Ramos has declared about 28-year-old defender Sergio Ramos: "He has always given everything for the team, he is motivate
Swansea manager Garry Monk has declared about 29-year-old striker Bafetimbi Gomis: "I'm confident Bafe will stay here. I''ve seen his
PSG coach Laurent Blanc has declared: "Until the market will be open, everything can happen, the only problem is the financial fair play, we can&
Interviewed by TZ, Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has declared about 18-year-old midfielder Julian Brandt, currently at Bayer Leverkusen: &qu