INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 08 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Taarabt: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 07 Mar 15:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "Kakà, Pazzini or Balotelli will score sooner or later"
- 07 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I don't want to sell the club"
- 06 Mar 14:27 AC MILAN, Zapata: "Tough match in Udine"
- 06 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "No hurry about Conte's contract"
- 05 Mar 17:00 AC MILAN, Poli: "It was a hard knock but luckily I didn’t lose consciousness"
- 05 Mar 13:31 INTER, Thohir: "Vidic a world-class player"
- 05 Mar 06:00 CAGLIARI, Ibarbo: "I am not thinking about the future"
- 04 Mar 15:32 INTER, Zanetti: "I’m very open and always willing to do my best for this club"
- 04 Mar 10:43 INTER, Juan Jesus suspension: Inter to appeal
- 04 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Real: "I want to stay"
- 03 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Vidal will stay"
- 02 Mar 06:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No meeting with Eto'o"
- 01 Mar 06:00 ROMA, De Rossi: "I would like to play abroad but I love this club"
- 28 Feb 15:55 INTER, Mazzarri: "Zanetti is an important figure even when he doesn't play"
- 28 Feb 09:22 JUVENTUS, Conte: "We've been handed Fiorentina next and we're very relaxed"
- 28 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to remain as long as possible"
- 27 Feb 17:44 INTER, Rolando: "I chose to come here, even though there were other options"
- 27 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Asamoah's agent: "Soon the new contract"
- 26 Feb 16:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Benitez: "I know Swansea well..."
- 26 Feb 15:45 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I think we can do well against Atletico"
- 26 Feb 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mourinho back? We have Mazzarri..."
- 25 Feb 16:45 INTER, Guarin: "I’m happy and wouldn’t hesitate to sign with Inter for life"
- 25 Feb 00:00 GENOA, Perin: "Napoli? I am happy here"
- 24 Feb 09:41 JUVENTUS, Caceres: "Hats off to the team"
- 24 Feb 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "I will talk with the club about my new contract"
- 23 Feb 09:30 INTER, Ausilio: "Zanetti will stay"
- 22 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honoured of Real's interest, but.."
- 21 Feb 17:00 AC MILAN, Petagna: "We did well against Atletico"
- 21 Feb 10:15 Juventus, Osvaldo: "he squad is eager to continue this European"
- 21 Feb 06:00 VERONA, Romulo: "My future? In June.."
- 20 Feb 19:45 AC MILAN, Balotelli out 10 days
- 20 Feb 16:44 AC MILAN, Emanuelson: "Atletico?We created a lot, we just needed to score”
- 20 Feb 00:00 TORINO, Immobile's agent: "Honoured of Borussia interest"
- 19 Feb 15:15 JUVENTUS, Conte: "All set for Trabzonspor"
- 19 Feb 00:10 INTER, Mazzarri: "I don’t see Thohir being far away as a major problem"
- 18 Feb 12:15 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "Atletico are good, but they don't lack weaknesses"
- 18 Feb 11:09 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "Arda Turan is the player who impressed me most of all"
- 18 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Next Summer we'll build a winning team"
- 17 Feb 21:15 TURKEY/ TRABZONSPOR, Also Villas-Boas for the bench
- 17 Feb 20:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "It's not only about winning, but about how we win"
- 17 Feb 14:15 AC MILAN, Balotelli: "Proud for Simeone appreciating me, but I'm rossonero"
- 17 Feb 10:34 INTER, Thohir: "We continue to move forward as a team"
- 17 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Ranocchia could stay"
- 16 Feb 00:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "The market? We'll talk about it in June"
- 15 Feb 06:00 ESPANYOL, Casilla: "I am not leaving"
- 15 Feb 00:00 LAZIO, Klose's agent: "No agreement for the new contract yet"
- 14 Feb 16:14 JUVENTUS, new problems for Pepe
- 14 Feb 15:43 AS ROMA, Totti underwent medical tests
- 14 Feb 14:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "De Laurentiis. "It's Valentine's Day, perhaps he loves me too much"
- 09 Mar 00:00 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Back for Höwedes
- 08 Mar 23:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Survey on Caballero
- 08 Mar 22:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, No attempt for Ogbonna
- 08 Mar 21:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Trying to close in on Dória
- 08 Mar 20:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Garay on target
- 08 Mar 19:00 SPAIN/ FC SEVILLE, Eyes on Antunes
- 08 Mar 18:00 ARSENAL, Koscielny on Mertesacker: "Per gives everything for the club"
- 08 Mar 17:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Suggestion for Eliseu
- 08 Mar 16:00 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Several foreign clubs keen on him"
- 08 Mar 15:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Wilshere: "He could still play World Cup"
- 08 Mar 14:00 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Micah Richards is the new name on tabs
- 08 Mar 13:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Eyes on Piazón
- 08 Mar 12:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Gibbs: "We'll need to take them seriously"
- 08 Mar 11:00 ITALY/ INTER, One more Premier League suitor on Taider
- 08 Mar 10:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger: "Doubt on Koscielny"
- 08 Mar 09:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Two Premier League suitors for Lennon
- 08 Mar 08:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Two suitors for Mexes
- 08 Mar 07:40 ITALY/ LAZIO, Klose the next president?
- 08 Mar 07:17 OM, Anigo: "We are not thinking about Laudrup"
- 08 Mar 06:57 SCHALKE, Heldy: "Firmino? Excellent player"
- 08 Mar 06:39 WEST BROMWICH, Mel: "Nothing sure about my future"
- 08 Mar 06:19 REAL SOCIEDAD, Vela: "Arsenal? I am happy here"
- 08 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Taarabt: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 08 Mar 00:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Survey on Trippier
- 07 Mar 23:45 AUSTRIA/ OFFICIAL, Gustafsson leaves Salzburg
- 07 Mar 23:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Eyes on an Hungarian starlet
- 07 Mar 23:15 USA/ OFFICIAL, Pineda joins Seattle
- 07 Mar 23:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA M., Brouwers will leave
- 07 Mar 22:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Asamoah renews
- 07 Mar 22:30 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Keen on Mallo
- 07 Mar 22:15 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Auction for Montolivo
- 07 Mar 22:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Dante about to renew
- 07 Mar 21:45 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL, Also Atletico after Schar
- 07 Mar 21:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Two Serie A players
- 07 Mar 21:15 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Sprint for Lescott
- 07 Mar 21:00 FRANCE/ MONACO, Interest for Rafa
- 07 Mar 20:45 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eyes on Luque
- 07 Mar 20:30 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Jimenez is Instituto new coach
- 07 Mar 20:14 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Aly Cissokho will not stay
- 07 Mar 20:05 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, United's scout observing Bernat
- 07 Mar 19:46 FRANCE/ LORIENT, Working for Gourcuff renewal
- 07 Mar 19:30 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Thinking about Diego Lopez
- 07 Mar 19:16 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eyes on Luque
- 07 Mar 19:01 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Eriksen stay does not depend on Champions
- 07 Mar 18:45 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Thinking about Menez
- 07 Mar 18:30 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Contacts with Silva of Estoril
- 07 Mar 18:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, 6 names for the back line of the future
- 07 Mar 18:01 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Barcelona thinking about Hummels
- 07 Mar 17:44 FRANCE/ MARSEILLE, Lopez oberved by two English clubs
- 07 Mar 17:31 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Richards and Lescott ready to leave
AC Milan management are working harder and harder on signing Brazilian international centre-back Matheus Dória Macedo (19). Currently on a deal with Botafogo until April 2015, the player, not equipped with a second EU passport, has been surveyed by several important...
Interviewed by lematin.ma, QPR attacking midfielder Adel Taarabt, actually on loan at AC Milan has declared: "I feel very well at Milan,...
Real Sociedad forward Carlos Vela has declared: "Arsenal is a great club that has given me the opportunity to play in Europe. I will always...
Interviewed by Arsenal Player, Laurent Koscielny talked about same role teammate Per Mertesacker: "I'm happy for Per. It's his...
Interviewed by the Deutsche Presseagentur, Schalke 04 Sports Director Horst Heldt has declared about Hoffenheim 22 year old attacking midfielder...
Interviewed by Canal +, OM Sports Director and caretaker manager Jose Anigo has declared about the possibility to sign the former Swansea coach...