INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 27 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "If Inzaghi stays, I leave"
- 26 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We like Mandzukic"
- 25 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Alex: "I want to stay, but..."
- 24 May 06:30 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba unsellable, Vidal will stay"
- 23 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "Staying in Naples is his priority"
- 22 May 06:30 NAPOLI, Benitez's agent: "He would be happy to train Real Madrid"
- 21 May 15:30 AC MILAN, Meeting with Ancelotti in Madrid
- 21 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are not after Cavani"
- 20 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I could remain here forever"
- 19 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? It's not only up to me"
- 18 May 00:00 TORINO, Ventura: "Maxi Lopez will stay"
- 17 May 03:00 INTER, Kovacic: "My future? I am happy here"
- 16 May 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Thohir wants to build a competitive team"
- 15 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "My future? We'll see,,"
- 14 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "My future? I have a contract"
- 13 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Menez's agent: "Liverpool and Monaco? Just rumours"
- 12 May 14:00 TORINO, Ventura: "Cerci returning? Never say never. I want to stay"
- 12 May 00:00 MILAN, Galliani: "Gabigol? We'll see.."
- 11 May 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "We'll respect Handanovic's will"
- 10 May 10:00 AS ROMA, Sabatini: "We want to keep Nainggolan"
- 09 May 00:00 INTER, Podolski: "I could stay"
- 08 May 11:00 BREAKING NEWS - AC MILAN, Unai Emery agrees move to Italian club
- 08 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Benitez: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 07 May 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We are after Dybala and Cavani"
- 06 May 11:22 AC MILAN, Next Friday Berlusconi will have a meeting with the Chinese network
- 06 May 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He will stay"
- 05 May 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez's agent: "No contacts with Juve"
- 04 May 11:30 ITALY/ JUVE, Pirlo "Away from Ac Milan, because I needed other motivations"
- 04 May 11:14 MILAN, Bee Taechaubol: "Serie A was the league to watch for me,Serie A was the league to watch for me"
- 04 May 10:59 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I have nothing to prove to anyone"
- 04 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez: "I want to stay"
- 03 May 09:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba not for sale"
- 01 May 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori: "Honoured by Napoli interest"
- 30 Apr 06:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I hope Tevez will stay"
- 29 Apr 00:00 UDINESE, Soldati: "Many clubs after Allan, but.."
- 28 Apr 18:36 AC MILAN, Galliani on club's future: "A passage of ownership would be only for the club's benefit"
- 28 Apr 17:06 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "We have to try and get back to winning ways"
- 28 Apr 16:50 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "All the players immediately agreed the retreat"
- 28 Apr 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Podolski wants to rejoin Arsenal"
- 27 Apr 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Soon we'll talk about Ventura's new deal"
- 26 Apr 11:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Garcia stays"
- 25 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Alonso: "I will stay"
- 24 Apr 15:45 EUROPA LEAGUE, The Road to Warszaw: Napoli-Dnipro and FC Seville-Fiorentina
- 24 Apr 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "My future? I am focused on my club"
- 23 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I don't know what will happen in the future"
- 22 Apr 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "My future? I would like to play in England"
- 21 Apr 00:00 INTER, Hernanes: "I will stay"
- 20 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We'll try to sign Dybala"
- 19 Apr 11:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "I will do all I can to stay"
- 18 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Ederson's agent: "Saint-Etienne are after him"
- 17 Apr 18:43 INTER, Shaqiri: "We want to win the derby in a Nerazzurri Meazza"
- 17 Apr 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Soriano: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 16 Apr 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We want to keep Icardi and Handanovic"
- 14 Apr 18:14 JUVENTUS, Pirlo: "You need a lot of different ingredients to go all the way in the Champions"
- 11 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Mexes: "I hope to remain"
- 10 Apr 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "OM? I am happy here"
- 09 Apr 11:11 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis threatens to cancel squad's holidays
- 08 Apr 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "I could end my career here"
- 07 Apr 18:59 AC MILAN, Cerci confident theycan qualify for Europa League
- 07 Apr 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Fiorentina agreable destination"
- 06 Apr 00:00 AS ROMA, Pjanic: "It would be nice if Dzeko would join us"
- 05 Apr 10:00 FIORENTINA, Diamanti: "I want to stay"
- 04 Apr 00:00 LAZIO, Keita's agent: "No offer from City"
- 03 Apr 01:00 JUVENTUS, Marrone: "I fight because I want to stay"
- 02 Apr 13:14 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "I have forgiven Juventus fans for backlash"
- 31 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "It's not time for me to leave"
- 30 Mar 00:00 LAZIO, De Vrij: "United? I'm happy here"
- 29 Mar 12:30 INTER, Kovacic's agent: "Nothing true about Liverpool"
- 28 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN. De Jong: "Back to Ajax? Too early"
- 27 Mar 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Soriano: "Honored by Borussia interest"
- 26 Mar 14:00 ITALY, Moggi: "I will return to football"
- 26 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gonzalo Rodriguez: "I am happy here"
- 25 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Joaquin: "I have no reasons to leave"
- 24 Mar 19:30 INTER, Shaqiri: "Here with big long-term plans. Then I'll close my career at Basel"
- 24 Mar 00:00 INTER, Kovacic's agent: "No contacts with Arsenal"
- 23 Mar 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "My future? I haven't decided yet"
- 22 Mar 10:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "We don't know anything about Pogba's future"
- 21 Mar 00:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "My future? The team is with me"
- 20 Mar 16:59 FIORENTINA, Mencucci: "We wanted to avoid Napoli"
- 20 Mar 16:30 ITALY/ INTER, Mancini about Balotelli: "He must focus on football"
- 20 Mar 09:42 FIORENTINA, Borja: "Patient game serves us well"
- 19 Mar 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio: "Signing a new deal is not my priority"
- 18 Mar 18:44 INTER, Mancini: "Pellegrini lucky to inherit my Man City team"
- 18 Mar 17:02 INTER, Thohir message to the team
- 18 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar's agent: "We are in talks for the new contract"
- 17 Mar 19:44 INTER, Ranocchia about Wolfsburg: "It’s a win-or-bust match"
- 17 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "Montella will stay"
- 16 Mar 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Munoz: "I'm not thinking about Milan"
- 15 Mar 10:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Interest for Dybala"
- 14 Mar 06:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "Soon he will renew"
- 13 Mar 00:00 INTER, Zanetti: "Icardi is about to renew"
- 12 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "I won't leave"
- 11 Mar 14:22 PARMA, American fund from Boston interested in purchasing crisis-bond club
- 11 Mar 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "No contacts with Roma"
- 10 Mar 14:30 SAMPDORIA, Eder might be called up for Italian NT
- 10 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I'm not thinking about my future"
- 09 Mar 00:00 INTER, Fassone: "We want to keep Icardi"
- 08 Mar 09:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "My future? I haven't seen anybody"
- 07 Mar 00:00 GENOA, Iago Falque: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 06 Mar 18:15 JUVENTUS, Padoin: "Eager to turn the tables in Florence"
- 27 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "If Inzaghi stays, I leave"
- 26 May 23:27 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Attempt for Schneiderlin
- 26 May 22:57 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Dynamo sign Petrovic
- 26 May 22:29 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Werder sign Ulisses Garcia
- 26 May 21:59 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Mavuba renews with Lille
- 26 May 21:30 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Werder sign Wiedwald
- 26 May 21:00 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Also Young Boys after Dzemaili
- 26 May 20:37 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Borussia M. sign Sippel
- 26 May 20:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Back for Montella
- 26 May 19:59 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Dante concrete option
- 26 May 19:39 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Mission for Khedira
- 26 May 19:20 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Printant renews with Bastia
- 26 May 19:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Also Paulo Sousa for the bench
- 26 May 18:45 FRANCE/ PSG, Plan for Xavi
- 26 May 18:30 ITALY/ TORINO, Eyes on Hernandez
- 26 May 18:15 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Flamengo fire Luxemburgo
- 26 May 18:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Still keen on Higuain
- 26 May 17:48 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ajax: Alblas signed until 2016
- 26 May 17:34 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Chievo: Rolando Maran pens new deal
- 26 May 17:22 ITALY/ ROMA, Uçan: "I'd like to stay here"
- 26 May 17:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Bale expects to be at Merengues
- 26 May 13:00 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Weighing up a cash offer for Cerci
- 26 May 12:45 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Fofana renews for Stade Reims
- 26 May 12:30 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Ricardo Carvalho in need to cut in half fee for renewing
- 26 May 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Owning party decide: onward with Brendan Rodgers
- 26 May 12:00 DENMARK/ OFFICIAL, Midtjylland sign Kian Hansen
- 26 May 11:45 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Di Matteo resigns from Schalke 04
- 26 May 11:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Abdou Traoré extends for Bordeaux
- 26 May 11:15 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Inter and Atletico Madrid challenge AC Milan on Brazilian talent Geuvanio
- 26 May 11:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, 2 players might be signed soon from Swindon Town
- 26 May 10:37 BREAKING NEWS - ITALY/ AC MILAN, Talks for Mandzukic intensifying
- 26 May 10:17 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Bastos renews for Sao Paulo
- 26 May 09:59 RUSSIA/ MORDOVIA SARANSK, Survey on Roncaglia
- 26 May 09:39 LONDON CALLING - ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho plans offer for taking Juventus over on Baba
- 26 May 09:20 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Antonio Valencia might join Valencia
- 26 May 09:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, FC Porto sign Bueno
- 26 May 08:30 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Renard is Lille new coach
- 26 May 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Barzagli injured
- 26 May 07:27 RENNES, Montanier: "Gourcuff would be welcome"
- 26 May 06:59 WERDER, Eichin: "Petersen? It depends from Freiburg"
- 26 May 06:29 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "We need to sign a midfielder"
- 26 May 06:00 BARCELONA, Dani Alves: "Mi future? In two weeks"
- 26 May 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We like Mandzukic"
- 25 May 23:27 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Ancelotti is no longer Real's coach
- 25 May 22:57 TURKEY/ BURSASPOR, Eyes on Botta
- 25 May 22:29 CHILE/ OFFICIAL, Deportes Antofagasta sign Ramos
- 25 May 21:59 GREECE/ OLYMPIACOS, Keen on Sabaly
- 25 May 21:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Valencia sign Cancelo
- 25 May 21:00 CHILE/ OFFICIAL, Olarra renews with Audax
- 25 May 20:37 BRAZIL/ FLAMENGO, Guerrero joining
While Atletico Madrid aren't supposed to get him back from his loan contract, lasting until June 2016, for AC Milan, Italian international winger and forward Alessio Cerci (27), who will be however valued during summer training camp by the one who will be Rossoneri new manage
Interviewed by L'Equipe de Sport, AC Milan center back Adil Rami has declared: "I have two more years on my contract, but I need to play more
As reported by Marca, Atletico Madrid 31-year-old striker Fernando Torres has declared: "I would like to end my career at Atletico. I believe in
Manager of Liverpool since June 2012, English 42 years old Brendan Rodgers, after long talks with Reds owning party and repeated reflections from
Rennes coach Philippe Montanier has declared about 28-year-old attacking midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, intended to leave OL: "I like the player a lo
Managing Schalke 04 since October 2014, Swiss-Italian 45 years old Roberto Di Matteo resigned from his charge at German club. The departure of fo