INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 22 Sep 07:59 JUVENTUS, Pereyra: "Good performance, but I need to improve defensively"
- 22 Sep 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 21 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Inter have done well on the transfar market"
- 19 Sep 17:00 EUROPA LEAGUE Day After - NAPOLI, Mertens after the double score: "A crucial night both for the team and me"
- 18 Sep 10:44 As ROMA , Gervinho about Champions: "We can go a long way"
- 18 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "My new contract? Not yet"
- 17 Sep 13:41 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello
- 17 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "Soon a meeting for my new contract"
- 16 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual: "Many clubs after me"
- 15 Sep 08:17 AC MILAN, Menez: "Scoring goals is pleasing, this side deserves more"
- 12 Sep 18:14 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Focused on Empoli, not thinking about Champions"
- 12 Sep 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I am happy to be here at Milanello"
- 12 Sep 00:00 VERONA, Sorensen: "I would like to remain"
- 11 Sep 18:15 AC MILAN, Jack Bonaventura introduces himself: "Excited about being here, I got a warm welcome. I'm in good shape"
- 11 Sep 15:58 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "The last day of the transfer market was surreal"
- 11 Sep 00:00 INTER, Guarin: "I have remained, now it's up to me"
- 10 Sep 18:30 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez : "We are working well with Inzaghi"
- 09 Sep 18:45 AS ROMA, Iturbe: "Garcia decisive for my arrival"
- 09 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Too early to join Colo Colo"
- 08 Sep 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Nothing going on with Rabiot"
- 06 Sep 01:00 JUVENTUS, Barzagli says that they cannot compete financially with the continent's top teams
- 05 Sep 14:31 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "I feel good, but the bone needs time to heal"
- 04 Sep 14:59 AC MILAN, Torres' first press conference as a Rossoneri player: "I want to be part of this club's history"
- 02 Sep 15:01 AS ROMA, Balzaretti about the injury: "I feel bad for my team-mates, I feel guilty"
- 30 Aug 01:23 AC MILAN, Abate: "We must win back our fans with desire and humility"
- 29 Aug 19:48 AS ROMA, Garcia: "My players are hungry for success"
- 29 Aug 10:59 INTER, Icardi: "We started strong, that's what the gaffer wanted"
- 29 Aug 10:36 INTER, Kovacic: "I'll play wherever the coach wants me"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 27 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Van Ginkel may join us"
- 26 Aug 17:14 JUVENTUS, Romulo: "I’m excited by the challenge of playing Champions"
- 26 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Paratici: "No contacts between Sevilla and Ogbonna"
- 25 Aug 17:30 INTER, Medel: "I want to show what I can do"
- 25 Aug 00:00 ROMA, Destro's agent: "Milan could make a step soon"
- 24 Aug 09:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The market? If the team can be improved..."
- 23 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? We'll see"
- 22 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No meetings for his new contract"
- 21 Aug 08:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We need a second striker, but.."
- 20 Aug 17:44 AC MILAN, Niang: "The loan period in France helped me develop"
- 20 Aug 00:00 CHIEVO, Nember: "We are not after Lazzari"
- 19 Aug 10:38 UEL, squad list for Stjarnan v Inter
- 19 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Storari's agent: "Nothing new about Sassuolo"
- 18 Aug 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs after him"
- 17 Aug 09:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez: "Khedira? I always talk to him..."
- 15 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal going nowhere"
- 14 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "His future? It's up to the club"
- 13 Aug 00:00 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I will stay and renew"
- 12 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Darmian not for sale"
- 11 Aug 18:44 AC MILAN, Armero: "I arrive in a great team, I want to find space here and do well"
- 11 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler: "I want to stay"
- 10 Aug 06:00 FIORENTINA, Roncaglia: "I could leave"
- 09 Aug 00:00 INTER, Campagnaro's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 08 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Dzemaili: "Honoured by Sevilla interest"
- 07 Aug 18:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I want to be a key performer here"
- 07 Aug 11:11 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Menez showed the right spirit and looked fit"
- 07 Aug 01:13 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "We really want to bounce back"
- 06 Aug 19:02 INTER, Hernanes: "We want to show we’re capable of big things"
- 06 Aug 06:00 JUVENTUS, Agnelli: “Internationalisation the way forward"
- 05 Aug 14:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I need 10 goals a season"
- 05 Aug 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Osti: "We are after Britos, but.."
- 04 Aug 00:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "We are keeping our word"
- 03 Aug 09:00 INTER, Schelotto's agent: "Southampton? We'll see,,"
- 02 Aug 00:00 NAPOLI, Pandev's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 01 Aug 16:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL Atletico Madrid, arrives Ansaldi on loan
- 01 Aug 02:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will stay"
- 31 Jul 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 30 Jul 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia's agent: "Also Real after him"
- 29 Jul 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci? It's up to him"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 27 Jul 06:00 TORINO, Darmian: "My future? The president knows what I want"
- 26 Jul 02:00 INTER, Icardi's agent: "No contacts with Monaco"
- 25 Jul 11:42 INTER, Nike unveil new away kit for 2014/15
- 25 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "I don't know if I will stay"
- 24 Jul 19:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 10:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 02:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 02:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Benatia will stay"
- 22 Jul 19:00 INTER, Nagatomo about Japan: "We made a lot of progress under Zaccheroni"
- 22 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Robinho: "We are seeking the best solution for the club and I"
- 21 Jul 12:13 NAPOLI, Hamsik: "We're as strong as Juventus and Roma
- 21 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "I will stay"
- 20 Jul 08:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "Medel? I don't think he's one of our players"
- 19 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Della Valle: "I will try to keep Cuadrado"
- 18 Jul 02:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "I will stay"
- 17 Jul 08:00 INTER, Ranocchia: "Never thought about joining Juve"
- 16 Jul 19:45 JUVENTUS, Allegri's first words as Bianconeri manager: "I'll need to win for winning fans over. No widespread changes, happy to work with Pirlo again"
- 16 Jul 02:00 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Juventus have lost a great man"
- 15 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I am not thinking about leaving"
- 14 Jul 08:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honored by United's interest"
- 13 Jul 08:00 FIORENTINA, Valero: "I am not leaving"
- 12 Jul 02:00 GENOA, Vrsaljko's agent: "He could still join Milan"
- 11 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Vrsaljko won't join. Cerci.. who knows"
- 10 Jul 02:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Iturbe? We'll see.."
- 09 Jul 02:00 LAZIO, Lotito: "Klose is not for sale"
- 08 Jul 02:00 FIORENTINA, Pradè: "No official offers for Cuadrado"
- 07 Jul 08:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "Don't know anything about Barcelona"
- 04 Jul 02:00 GENOA. Vrsaljko's agent: "No news about his future"
- 03 Jul 02:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He is happy here"
- 02 Jul 10:50 JUVENTUS, Barzagli undergoes surgery in Finland
- 24 Sep 06:19 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Lampard's future? We'll see"
- 23 Sep 23:17 ENGLAND/ WEST BROMWICH, Eyes on Bueno
- 23 Sep 22:39 ITALY/ INTER, Rolando closer
- 23 Sep 22:20 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Castillejo to renew
- 23 Sep 21:37 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Idea Gutiererz
- 23 Sep 20:59 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Gabigol renews with Santos
- 23 Sep 20:20 FRANCE/ OM, Gignac may leave
- 23 Sep 20:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Leonardo could replace Blanc
- 23 Sep 19:37 ITALY/ INTER, Back for Bacca
- 23 Sep 18:59 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Keen on Vidal
- 23 Sep 18:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Keen on Benzema
- 23 Sep 17:37 HOLLAND/ AZ, Van der Brom the new coach
- 23 Sep 17:17 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Two English clubs after Inan
- 23 Sep 16:59 SWITZERLAND/ LUZERN, Bernegger to renew
- 23 Sep 16:39 AUSTRIA/ STURM, In talks with Wiesinger
- 23 Sep 16:20 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Ruffier renews with Saint-Etienne
- 23 Sep 16:00 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sampdoria sign Lulic
- 23 Sep 15:37 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Mancini to replace Benitez
- 23 Sep 15:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Auction for Munir
- 23 Sep 14:59 ITALY/ ROMA, Rabiot farther
- 23 Sep 14:39 ARSENAL, Ozil: "Having our fans behind makes everything easier for us. I thank all my teammates"
- 23 Sep 14:20 ROMANIA/ OFFICIAL, Lemnaru joins Universitatea Cluj bacj
- 23 Sep 14:00 ARSENAL & MANCHESTER UNITED, Duel to Lazio and Tottenham on Vlaar
- 23 Sep 13:37 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Breno Lopes joins Cruzeiro
- 23 Sep 13:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Suggestion for Smalling
- 23 Sep 12:59 GERMANY/ HANNOVER 96, Doucouré on target
- 23 Sep 12:39 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Tom Ince might join Blackpool back
- 23 Sep 12:20 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Scouting Zappacosta
- 23 Sep 12:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Diaby: "He's a giant, mentally. I believe in him, justice should reserve him a better future"
- 23 Sep 11:37 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Aquilani and Neto's renewals on arrival
- 23 Sep 11:17 FRANCE/ SAINT-ETIENNE, Ruffier about to renew
- 23 Sep 10:59 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Pallotta freezes United and PSG: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 23 Sep 10:39 GREECE/ OLYMPIAKOS, Keen on Krhin
- 23 Sep 10:20 GERMANY/ BAYER LEVERKUSEN, Eyes on Timo Werner
- 23 Sep 10:00 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING LISBON, Renewal offered to Carvalho: Arsenal and United awaiting
- 23 Sep 09:37 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Trying again to sign Barkley
- 23 Sep 09:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Back tracking Ramires
- 23 Sep 08:59 ITALY/ LAZIO, Suggestion for Portanova
- 23 Sep 08:39 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Vazquez's agent: "We are dealing with Palermo on the renewal"
- 23 Sep 08:20 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Morrison about to be loaned out to Cardiff
- 23 Sep 08:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Keogh extends for Derby County
- 23 Sep 07:37 RUSSIA/ CSKA MOSCOW, New attempt for Cigarini ready
- 23 Sep 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Debuchy out for three months
- 23 Sep 06:59 OM, Bielsa: "I don't like to make long-term projects"
- 23 Sep 06:39 STUTTGART, Bobic: "Veh is our future"
- 23 Sep 06:20 CHELSEA, Fabregas: "Arsenal didn't want me"
- 23 Sep 06:00 SEVILLA, Emery: "I don't pay attention to my players' contracts"
- 22 Sep 20:59 ITALY/ INTER, Carrizzo's future uncertain
- 22 Sep 20:39 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Sprint for Khedira
- 22 Sep 20:20 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Paraschos quits Atromitos
Commenting upon his first seasonal goal, scored against Aston Villa last Saturday, after all the criticisms towards him, Arsenal offensive midfielder Mesut Ozil stated: "Yes, Welbeck's pass was really well-timed,. He saw me and played me through to finish. I didn't h
One of the most valuable players in AC Milan-Juventus 0-1 Serie A Matchday 3 main game, decided by a goal scored by Carlitos Tevez, Bianconeri versati
Sevilla FC coach Unai Emery has declared: "In my teams it will be always the best players to start. The club doesn't force me to do anything,
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has declared about 36-year-old midfielder Frank Lampard, actually on loan from New York City FC: "Frank
OM coach Marcelo Bielsa has declared: "I don't like to make long-term projects: for this reason I have signed a one-year-deal, just one, no options fo
Unsatisfied with the 0-0 obtained at Hamburg, Bayern Munich manager Josep Guardiola stated: “Getting into the match was never going to be easy a