INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 22 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are not after Lennon"
- 21 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We'll do something on the transfer market"
- 20 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Essien's agent: "He won't leave in January"
- 19 Dec 18:14 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez: " I couldn't stay at Real Madrid once Navas arrived"
- 19 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Rodriguez: "I would like to end my career at San Lorenzo"
- 18 Dec 07:17 AC MILAN, Bonera: "Victory over Napoli give us confidence for facing AS Roma"
- 16 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Boca? No, I'll remain here"
- 15 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Torres going nowhere"
- 12 Dec 18:48 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I am sure that with this squad we can qualify for the Champions"
- 12 Dec 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman going nowhere"
- 11 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Tare: "We are not after Andreolli"
- 10 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No contacts for Inan"
- 09 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "Lucas Silva? After Christmas we'll see"
- 09 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Dybala: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 08 Dec 06:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "We want to reinforce our team"
- 07 Dec 06:00 ROMA, Florenzi: "The new contract? We'll see..."
- 06 Dec 00:00 PALERMO, Baccin: "Dybala going nowhere"
- 05 Dec 00:00 UDINESE, Soldati: "I don't think Widmer will leave in January"
- 04 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Savic: "No contacts with Juve"
- 03 Dec 17:13 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "Ronaldo deserves Ballon d'Or, but Messi is still the best"
- 03 Dec 17:00 AS ROMA, Castan underwent neurosurgery this morning
- 03 Dec 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "We are in talks for a new contract"
- 02 Dec 17:50 AC MILAN, Bonera: "What Adriano Galliani said is very true..."
- 02 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 01 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Gonzalez: "If I don't get to play, I'll leave"
- 30 Nov 06:00 FIORENTINA, Richards: "Coming here was the right decision"
- 29 Nov 00:00 INTER, Handanovic's agent: "No negotiations for the new deal"
- 28 Nov 00:00 FIORENTINA, Mencucci: "Still in talks with Neto"
- 27 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Pogba is not for sale"
- 26 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 24 Nov 20:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Against CSKA it will not be easy"
- 24 Nov 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Confidence in Ventura"
- 23 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "I'm happy here"
- 22 Nov 06:00 GENOA, Kucka: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 21 Nov 16:59 INTER, Thohir: "We're building our five-year business plan"
- 21 Nov 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "I am happy here"
- 20 Nov 21:00 AC MILAN, Abbiati: "The best goal in the derby? In my opinion Shevchenko’s in the second leg of the Champions"
- 20 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Ljajic: "I could stay for 10 years"
- 19 Nov 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Bommel: "De Jong? He is almost like me, playing for the team not for himself"
- 19 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "I don't think I will leave in January"
- 18 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Destro going nowhere"
- 17 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We have refused United's offer for Vidal"
- 16 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I don't know if I will rejoin Real"
- 15 Nov 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Happy to welcome back Roberto Mancini"
- 14 Nov 00:00 ROMA, De Sanctis: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 13 Nov 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer: "My future? I am happy here"
- 12 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "No offers from Barça and Atletico"
- 11 Nov 00:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic's agent: "We'll make a decision with the club"
- 10 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Optimistic about Lichtsteiner's new contract"
- 08 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 07 Nov 17:14 AC MILAN, Berlusconi to the team: "Thank you for the 2-0 win the other evening"
- 07 Nov 10:30 INTER, Kovacic: "We should have done more"
- 07 Nov 06:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "He could move abroad"
- 06 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We don't want to sell Vidal"
- 05 Nov 08:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente on 3-2 over Olympiakos: "We showed a great response after their 0-2"
- 05 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "No hurry about his new contract"
- 04 Nov 11:29 AC MILAN, Saponara: "Defeat will be a valuable lesson"
- 04 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Albiol's brother: "His future is here"
- 03 Nov 00:00 INTER, Fassone: "Rolando can come back"
- 01 Nov 00:00 PARMA, Leonardi: "In January we'll be attentive on the market"
- 31 Oct 06:00 AC MILAN, Torres: "Leaving Chelsea was my choice"
- 30 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "The new contract? I'm happy here"
- 29 Oct 07:39 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Happy for Tevez's return to Argentinian NT and Pogba's Ballon d'Or nomination"
- 28 Oct 06:00 NAPOLI, Higuain's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 24 Oct 19:31 JUVENTUS, Asamoah eager for return to winning ways
- 24 Oct 00:00 PARMA, De Ceglie's agent: "Here on permanent basis? We'll see"
- 23 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He is happy in Naples"
- 22 Oct 00:00 INTER, Obi's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 21 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Nainggolan: "My future? I evaluate year by year"
- 20 Oct 13:45 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I left the pitch angrily because I knew I could have played better"
- 20 Oct 00:00 SASSUOLO, Zaza: "I know that Juve are observing me"
- 19 Oct 06:00 ROMA, Paredes: "Here for a long time"
- 18 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 17 Oct 16:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal won’t be in the squad because he played two 90-minute matches for Chile"
- 17 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will remain for a long time"
- 16 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "No news about his new contract"
- 15 Oct 18:05 AC MILAN, Essien: "I am often in touch with Mourinho"
- 15 Oct 14:59 INTER, Ausilio: "We've analysed the problems without shame or fear"
- 14 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Rabiot? We admire the skilled players"
- 13 Oct 18:22 AC MILAN, Saponara: "It was a bad injury and it scared me a lot"
- 13 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I don't want to leave"
- 12 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Keita: "I came here to win"
- 11 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 10 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He wants to stay for 10 more years"
- 08 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "Remaining was his decision"
- 07 Oct 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mazzarri is confirmed. We will reinforce our team"
- 06 Oct 10:32 INTER, Mazzarri: "Little to be said, we'll solve our problems"
- 06 Oct 09:25 INTER, Ausilio: "This isn't the real Inter. We'll come through this together"
- 06 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Cuadrado: "The new contract? Ask my agent"
- 05 Oct 00:00 MILAN, Abbiati: "I won't retire at the end of the season"
- 04 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "At the monent he is happy in Naples"
- 03 Oct 00:00 UDINESE, Heurtaux: "I am happy here"
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No hurry about Kovacic and Icardi's renewal"
- 28 Sep 06:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Totti here for a long time"
- 27 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "I will end my career at Belgrano"
- 26 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "This is a great place to play football"
- 22 Dec 14:17 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hull City call Ince and Figueroa back from loan
- 22 Dec 14:03 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, No swoop for Spurs Flyer
- 22 Dec 13:44 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Tracking Sneijder: duel to Southampton
- 22 Dec 13:30 ENGLAND/ QPR, Austin going nowhere
- 22 Dec 13:14 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Handed a boost in their pursuit Fekir
- 22 Dec 13:00 ENGLAND/ CRYSTAL PALACE, £2.5m bid for Souare
- 22 Dec 12:59 ENGLAND/ REDS & GUNNERS, Joined in the race to sign Coentrao
- 22 Dec 12:57 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK MOSCOW, Yakin: "I'll sign Salah"
- 22 Dec 12:28 ITALY/ GENOA, Willing to sign Borriello once more: duel to Parma
- 22 Dec 12:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Two German coaches for the bench
- 22 Dec 11:30 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Defrel on target
- 22 Dec 10:57 GERMANY/ MAINZ 05, Eyes on Lasse Vibe
- 22 Dec 10:27 ITALY/ PALERMO, Possible attempt for signing Nocerino back
- 22 Dec 09:59 GERMANY/ SC FREIBURG, Keen on Petersen
- 22 Dec 09:29 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, 3 Serie A suitors for Ariaudo
- 22 Dec 09:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, First pro contract for Mara
- 22 Dec 08:30 ITALY/ TORINO, Larrondo intenteded to leave
- 22 Dec 07:57 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Marcelo injured
- 22 Dec 07:27 BORDEAUX, Triaud: "I hope Sagnol will remain for a long time"
- 22 Dec 06:59 WOLFSBURG, Vieirinha: "Optimistic about my renewal"
- 22 Dec 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I am not afraid of spending money"
- 22 Dec 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ramos: "I'm not worried about the renewal"
- 22 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are not after Lennon"
- 21 Dec 23:27 ITALY/ ROMA, All on Perotti
- 21 Dec 22:57 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Pandev could leave in January
- 21 Dec 22:29 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Chance for Donati
- 21 Dec 21:59 SCOTLAND/ OFFICIAL, McCoist is no longer Celtic manager
- 21 Dec 21:30 ITALY/ INTER, Also Widmer on the wishlist
- 21 Dec 21:00 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Two new players for Santos Laguna
- 21 Dec 20:27 ITALY/ TORINO, Offer for Pinilla
- 21 Dec 19:57 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Sprint for Vazquez
- 21 Dec 19:29 ITALY/ INTER, Eyes on Markovic
- 21 Dec 18:59 ARGENTINA/ RIVER PLATE, Working for Lucho Gonzalez
- 21 Dec 18:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Also Vidic on the wishlist
- 21 Dec 18:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Done for Reus
- 21 Dec 17:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Back for Layun
- 21 Dec 16:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Pogba unlikely to join
- 21 Dec 15:00 ITALY/ INTER, M'Vila intended to leave
- 21 Dec 14:00 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Interest for Fernandes
- 21 Dec 13:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Sao Paulo sign Bruno
- 21 Dec 12:00 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Offer for Rodriguez
- 21 Dec 11:00 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Breno sign for Sao Paulo
- 21 Dec 10:00 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Eyes on Pezzella
- 21 Dec 09:00 ITALY/ INTER, Camacho to replace Guarin?
- 21 Dec 08:27 HONDURAS/ OFFICIAL, Pinto is the new NT coach
- 21 Dec 07:57 MONACO, Bernardo Silva: "My future? We'll see.."
- 21 Dec 07:27 BAYER, Schade: "Drmic going nowhere"
- 21 Dec 06:59 ASTON VILLA, Lambert: "Vlaar and Delph won't move"
- 21 Dec 06:30 BARCELONA, Zubizarreta: "We want Montoya to stay"
- 21 Dec 00:00 LIVERPOOL, Manquillo: "We'll try our best for winning Europa League"
After having been striken out from Champions League but at least got qualification for Europa League final phase, Liverpool right backwing Javier Manquillo commented: "It definitely makes it even more attractive. Apart from winning the Europa League, which would be awesome,
Interviewed by Sky, Inter Milan Sporting Director Piero Ausilio has declared: "We will try to accomplish Mancini's requests, we have signed a
Eduardo Hernandez, agent of Real Madrid forward Javier Hernandez, has declared: "Sometimes the paper speculate on certain things, and considered
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared: "There is a huge difference between the perception that people have of me and I’m not scared to
Benfica 20-year-old Bernardo Silva, currently on loan at Monaco, has declared: "I am happy here, my team mates and the fans have welcomed me, I f
Bayer Leverkusen president Michael Schade has declared: "We are not thinking about selling Josip Drmic, and a loan is not an option. We are still