INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 25 May 21:41 Inter, Zanetti: "Medel is important for us, it remains here"
- 23 May 22:15 Lazio, postive meeting with Prandelli
- 23 May 18:11 Napoli, the promise made by Higuain to Sarri: "I'll see you in Dimaro"
- 23 May 18:01 Inter, Moratti and Suning agreement: "Possible news soon"
- 23 May 17:57 Zanetti: "Simeone would coach Inter, but Mancini is a great coach"
- 23 May 17:45 Roma, Pallotta arrives in June. Totti and stadium on the agenda
- 23 May 17:06 Seria A, top 11 of Italian Championship according to UEFA
- 23 May 16:53 Inter, fixed Brozovic price: costs 25 mln euro
- 17 May 22:16 Milan, Bacca: "Saturday we have the opportunity to raise a new cup"
- 17 May 20:55 Fiorentina, Zarate: "I'am happy for my season in Florence"
- 17 May 20:10 Roma, Sabatini: Digne? "We will find an agreement with Paris Saint Germain"
- 17 May 12:20 LAZIO, Defining agreement with Jorge Sampaoli as next manager
- 16 May 16:13 LAZIO, Klose: "Leaving is not my decision"
- 16 May 09:35 TURIN to appoint Giampaolo if Ventura leaves
- 15 May 18:30 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting with River Plate on Alario
- 15 May 16:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Raul Asencio extend his deal with Genoa
- 12 May 20:15 Milan, ag. Bacca: "Future? We will talk with club after the Italian Cup final"
- 09 May 07:06 ATALANTA, Club icon Bellini quits after having scored last goal
- 06 May 09:52 PALERMO - Vazquez to leave
- 06 May 07:58 AS ROMA, Sabatini on Giallorossi midfield stars: "I want to keep Nainggolan and Pjanic"
- 05 May 11:33 VERONA - Luca Toni announces retirement
- 05 May 08:55 LAZIO, De Vrij hits pitch back after 9 months long injury
- 04 May 11:38 LAZIO - To move for Ben Arfa
- 04 May 11:01 HELLAS VERONA, Luca Toni announces quitting
- 04 May 10:31 NAPOLI - Hamsik: "I can't even imagine what would happen"
- 04 May 10:14 LAZIO - Pioli: "Happy for Claudio"
- 02 May 21:19 SERIE A - Genoa - Roma - FULL TIME
- 02 May 14:44 JUVENTUS - Morata to stay
- 02 May 10:03 MILAN - Ready to join the chase for Vilhena
- 02 May 09:49 JUVENTUS tracking BARCELONA's Mascherano
- 01 May 10:43 JUVENTUS - Set for Pogba extension
- 30 Apr 20:35 SERIE A - ChievoVerona 0 - 0 Fiorentina - HALF TIME
- 30 Apr 18:46 SERIE A - Udinese 1 - 5 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 17:26 JUVENTUS - Front runners for Batshuayi
- 30 Apr 17:16 SERIE A - Udinese 0 - 1 Torino - LIVE SCORE
- 30 Apr 15:20 LAZIO - To appoint Fatih Terim
- 30 Apr 12:43 JUVENTUS - Target Kante if Pogba leaves
- 30 Apr 12:20 ROMA - De Sanctis to extend his contract
- 30 Apr 12:11 JUVENTUS - Bonucci keen on Serie A stay
- 30 Apr 11:08 NAPOLI - Mertens: "I'm fine here, but I need an extension to remain"
- 30 Apr 10:53 ANDERLECHT - Praet to join Fiorentina
- 30 Apr 09:53 FIORENTINA - Mazzarri to replace Sousa?
- 30 Apr 09:41 JUVENTUS- Neto to leave
- 29 Apr 10:09 FIORENTINA - Join the chase for Driussi
- 29 Apr 09:46 LAZIO - Biglia to leave
- 28 Apr 17:21 ROMA - El Shaarawy wants to stay
- 28 Apr 16:43 TORINO - Paredes first target
- 28 Apr 12:46 ROMA - Pjanic or Nainggolan to leave
- 28 Apr 12:22 ROMA - Caceres in the spotlight
- 28 Apr 08:42 INTER - Mancini to accept Italy job
- 28 Apr 08:29 LAZIO - To bid for Pellé
- 27 Apr 15:12 JUVENTUS - Oscar-Isco to replace Cuadrado-Morata
- 27 Apr 14:53 FIORENTINA - Tottenham set to move for Kalinic
- 27 Apr 14:42 JUVENTUS - Evra: "I've not take a decision yet"
- 27 Apr 12:42 JUVENTUS - Eyes on Liverpool target Zielinski
- 26 Apr 20:09 TRANSFER MARKET - Two clubs interested in AS ROMA's Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 19:33 JUVENTUS - Allegri gets contract extension
- 26 Apr 13:24 INTER - Offered Thauvin
- 26 Apr 12:17 JUVENTUS - Morata uncertain about future
- 26 Apr 11:57 FIORENTINA - Eyes on Praet and Missiroli
- 26 Apr 11:44 LAZIO - Time to choose the manager
- 26 Apr 11:32 TORINO - set to bid for Iago Falque
- 26 Apr 10:39 INTER - Ajax Sporting Director: "No meeting set for El Ghazi"
- 26 Apr 01:09 FIORENTINA - Kalinic not eager to leave
- 25 Apr 20:45 JUVENTUS - Allegri to extend his contract
- 25 Apr 20:33 ROMA - Szczesny: "Roma and Arsenal are in negotiations"
- 25 Apr 20:06 JUVENTUS - Marotta: "Cavani? He is an opportunity"
- 25 Apr 19:51 INTER - Man United to beat Nerazzurri for Feghouli
- 25 Apr 19:50 Carpi v Empoli 1 -0 FT score
- 25 Apr 19:12 LAZO - Borini set for Serie A return
- 25 Apr 17:52 SERIE A - Verona 2-1 Milan - Final Score
- 25 Apr 17:29 SERIE A - Verona 1-1 Milan - Live Score
- 24 Apr 21:42 SERIE A - Fiorentina 1 - 2 Juventus - Full Time Result
- 24 Apr 20:49 SERIE A - Fiorentina 0 - 1 Juventus - Half Time Result
- 24 Apr 16:00 SERIE A/ 14:00 KO – Full-time scores
- 24 Apr 14:49 SERIE A/ 14:00 BST Games – Halftime scores
- 23 Apr 20:43 SERIE A - Inter Milan 1-1 Udinese (Half Time)
- 23 Apr 19:15 INTER v UDINESE- Official Line Ups
- 23 Apr 11:29 JUVENTUS - Keen on Tourè and Fernando
- 23 Apr 10:52 JUVENTUS - André Gomes first choice in midfield
- 23 Apr 10:41 MILAN - El Ghazi could join rivals
- 23 Apr 10:33 LAZIO - Gabbiadini or Lapadula to replace Klose
- 23 Apr 09:33 ATALANTA - Cigarini wants to stay
- 23 Apr 09:14 INTER - Jovetic to stay
- 23 Apr 08:57 SERIE A - Roma v Napoli: Predicted Line Ups
- 23 Apr 08:08 INTER - Join the race with Juventus and Milan for Gabriel Jesus
- 22 Apr 14:01 INTER - £4m for Ansaldi
- 22 Apr 13:54 INTER - Eyes on Candreva
- 22 Apr 13:44 ARSENAL - Keen on Emiliano Viviano again
- 22 Apr 13:25 INTER - £18m to sign Boufal
- 22 Apr 13:12 GENOA - Join the race for Lapadula and Caprari
- 22 Apr 08:46 UDINESE - Thereau: "I dream of playing with OM"
- 22 Apr 08:36 MILAN - Carlos Bacca angry with Christian Brocchi
- 22 Apr 08:02 LAZIO - New York Red Bulls keen on Miroslav Klose
- 21 Apr 20:50 SASSUOLO - Eusebio Di Francesco gets new contract
- 21 Apr 10:13 JUVENTUS - To bid for Mustafi
- 21 Apr 09:06 ROMA - Spalletti eyed for Italy national team job
- 20 Apr 21:41 SERIE A/19:45 KO Games, Fulltime Scores
- 20 Apr 19:17 SERIE A/Sassuolo 0 - 0 Sampdoria Full Time
- 20 Apr 10:42 NAPOLI - Mertens to extend after hat trick
- 28 May 12:43 MANCHESTER UNITED - Juan Mata wants assurance over future
- 28 May 12:28 LIVERPOOL set to move for Vidal
- 28 May 12:14 CHELSEA - Eden Hazard keen to stay
- 28 May 11:58 CRYSTAL PALACE - Keshi Anderson to extend
- 28 May 11:44 NAPOLI to enter talks with Juventus for Neto
- 28 May 11:38 INTER MILAN try to sign Vilna
- 28 May 11:15 BARCELONA want to "steal" Juventus target Berardi
- 28 May 11:01 BORUSSIA DORTMUND place a £10m bid to sign Guerreiro
- 28 May 10:45 VALENCIA lining up a move for Diawara
- 28 May 10:34 CHELSEA - Antonio Conte to let Oscar go
- 28 May 10:31 BORDEAUX appoint Jocelyn Gourvennec
- 28 May 10:15 ARSENAL set sights on Duvan Zapata
- 28 May 09:59 CHELSEA - Courtois set to stay
- 28 May 09:45 MANCHESTER UNITED - Yorke: "If Zlatan joins will be a huge step"
- 28 May 09:22 UCL FINAL - REAL MADRID v ATLETICO MADRID Team News
- 28 May 09:01 UCL/FINAL, ATLETICO MADRID vs REAL MADRID - Predicted Line Ups
- 28 May 03:00 REAL MADRID, Juventus has a plan on Kovacic: Zidane might accept
- 28 May 02:45 MEXICO/ SANTOS LAGUNA, 4 European big clubs on Nestor Araujo
- 28 May 02:30 JUVENTUS, Hernanes refused Chinese offer
- 28 May 02:15 PSG, Keen on Rudiger
- 28 May 02:00 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Metz sign veteran Signorino back
- 28 May 01:45 SOUTHAMPTON & CRYSTAL PALACE, Eyes on Gabbiadini
- 28 May 01:30 JUVENTUS, Meeting with André Gomes' entourage
- 28 May 01:15 AS ROMA, Eyes on Iñigo Martinez
- 28 May 01:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Mourinho wants Florenzi (together with Manolas)
- 28 May 00:45 LAZIO, Suggestion for Sneijder
- 28 May 00:30 AC MILAN, Eyes on Masina
- 28 May 00:15 LEICESTER CITY, All on Nampalys Mendy if Kanté leaves
- 28 May 00:00 ATLETICO MADRID, Eyes on Papastathopoulos
- 27 May 23:45 GERMANY/ FC KOLN, Suggestion for Obinna
- 27 May 23:30 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Survey on Kragl
- 27 May 23:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, West Ham sign Noah Sylvestre on first pro contract
- 27 May 23:00 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Witsel about to renew
- 27 May 22:45 HAMBURG, Approaching Isma Lopez
- 27 May 22:31 CHELSEA - Courtois committed to Blues
- 27 May 22:18 JUVENTUS, From Spain: Dani Alves about to join
- 27 May 22:03 SOUTHAMPTON, Offer for Kessié submitted to Atalanta
- 27 May 21:50 CRYSTAL PALACE - Anderson agrees new contract
- 27 May 21:44 ENGLAND 2-1 AUSTRALIA, Rashford scores on international debut
- 27 May 21:29 WEST HAM chairman admits a top striker is the main priority
- 27 May 21:15 PSG, From France: meeting with Morata's entourage
- 27 May 21:01 CRYSTAL PALACE set to place a bid for Caulker
- 27 May 20:47 CL Final press conference Simeone full statement - 'Only winning would satisfy me'
- 27 May 20:45 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Orel Mangala about to join
- 27 May 20:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Anderlecht, an Italian offer for Matias Suarez
- 27 May 20:28 CL Final press conference Zidane full statement - Ronald 100% fit
- 27 May 20:15 FC SEVILLE, Praet's father confirms agreement
- 27 May 20:00 FIORENTINA, Mati Fernandez might join Torino on loan
- 27 May 19:45 NAPOLI, Steps forward towards Vrsaljko: a plan is drawn
- 27 May 19:30 MLS - USA/ MIAMI UNITED, Adriano might be soon resigning
While his contacts with AC Milan are stalling, Croatian international playmaking and offensive midfielder Mateo Kovacic (22), according to Italian news, is being approached by Juventus management more and more seriously. Italian club have proposed Real Madrid a loan including a h
Inter vicepresident Javier Zanetti has spoken at Radio Cooperativa, about Gary Medel's future. "Gary is a very important player for us, for i
After having already trained them back in 2003/04, Spanish 61 years old Juande Ramos has been appointed again Malaga manager. Former Dnipro Dnipr
Jose Mourinho is keen for Manchester United to forget a spluttering three years under David Moyes and Louis van Gaal as he begins the process of makin
Lille, according on his official site, has communicated goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama's renewal contract. Nigerian player has signed until 2019.
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told Kicker magazine that he has discussed with Mario Gotze his future at the club and told him he needs