INTER, Ausilio: "Giovinco: we've been keeping an eye on him"
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
A whole career in blue and black which began fifteen years ago in the Youth Sector where Piero Ausilio took his first steps at Inter and went on to reach the first team.
Today the Inter sporting director looked back over his years of experience, ideas and projects as he spoke by telephone on Sky Sport 24, beginning with a comment on the most recent achievement of the Primavera team. "I wouldn't say this came out of the blue because of the whole planning programme behind it. I mentioned before in passing that we have been there or thereabouts for over 10 years now in contention for titles and sometimes we win them – quite often we win them, considering our 15 or so, in the past ten years. I clearly remember the finals because having played for 6 years out of 10 in six Primavera finals goes to show the amount of planning, hard work and consistency that has gone into this great squad."
Not only has the Nerazzurri Youth Sector been successful, it has also produced many champions, like Bardi, Santon, Obi, Destro and Balotelli for example. "This is the greatest satisfaction," said Ausilio, " because winning titles at youth level is great but when they are linked to a player's development they are even better. Having succeeded so consistently over all these years and then seeing those names today is so rewarding for for everyone involved in the Youth Sector. There are over a hundred of them and I'm pleased to say that over the past ten years, for the most part, they are the same people; that means Inter chose them wisely, creating a group that could work together well and improve things constantly, to consistently produce the great results we are seeing today.
The names are important names and tonight two of them will be pulling on the Italy shirt at the European Championship, Bonucci and Balotelli, while another 6 wear the Under-21 shirt, so this is quite nice to note. Soon we hope to see many of them in our first team because this is our final objective."
On the subject of Mario Balotelli, the Inter sporting director was reminded that it was he who had picked him as a youth: "So they say (he smiled, Ed). I may be one of those who pushed for him but you never discover anything on your own. Behind every young talent discovered there is always a scout who points him out, I might have had the capacity or maybe the luck to have believed in him more than some others, but I found a club and a president who have always put their trust in me. What it boils down to is this: we have a president and a club who let us work well, making investments and placing their trust in us and I hope we have been paying them back in full."
From the Youth Sector he went on to talk about the first team, and Ausilio himself can be considered a product of this path: "I am most certainly a product of all this because that's where my roots are, having been at Inter for 15 years, and I'll be here for three more because my contract has just been renewed, so this is without doubt a great satisfaction. I'm beginning to feel a bit older..."
Going back to the Primavera team members who played a great part in the championship win, Ausilio was asked if Samuele Longo was ready for the first team yet: "We'll see, he's young but has grown a lot over the past few years. He has made a lot of sacrifices and demonstrated humility and conviction because maybe he has had to play second fiddle to many others who showed through more in the Primavera championship, suffering a little more. He played on loan for a few seasons, first at Piacenza, then at Genoa because he couldn't manage to break through with us. Unfortunately for him he was in competition with people like Destro and, before him, Balotelli. So I'll say it again, his path was quite complicated and the fact he is still there shows that he's a player Inter can count on today, with his great technical and physical characteristics, as well as his his morale and self-confidence. He'll go far.
Does president Preziosi want his half of the player? Inter is not going to give up its half of the player and Genoa knows it. The idea is to hold on to 50 per cent at least for next season and then decide what the best thing for Samuele and we'll talk to him about this too. We would like to be able to count on the lad but we'll decide on the future when things have quietened down and by planning things well."
It's only right to concentrate on the youngsters today and on the Nerazzurri success in the Primavera league, so you're not giving anything away about the first team tranfer market this summer, am I correct? "Perfectly correct," replied Ausilio smiling: "There's nothing really to tell because apart from Guarin and di Palacio, who were two great buys for Inter, it's only 10 June. We have all the time to prepare the team well and we want to make a good job of it. The president has given us ample guarantees and indications and the coach has had time to get to know the squad better, so we'll try and prepare them well for next season both for Europe and the Italian championship."
There is one sensational figure: looking at the 13 derbies played between Inter and AC Milan in the Giovanissimi and Primavera categories, 11 were won by the Nerazzurri and 2 were draws. Who'll win the market chase for Acerbi and Silvestre? "Just for the sake of precision, I'd like to say that the derbies between the youngest players count too and we have won 18 out of 18 so we didn't even lose one. As for the rest there is no derby, there's no rivalry in the transfer market. We try to find players who will contribute to improving Inter, if it's one of them we'll see, but whether AC Milan is there or not is of no concern to us."
Sebastian Giovinco's, explains Ausilio, "is not interest, enquiries were made and we have discussed it with Parma. He's definitely a good player and has come along a lot in the past few years. We've been keeping an eye on him and we'll see what happens over the next few days but I don't feel like talking about interest in him rather than in others for the time being."
The Lavezzi deal has fallen through, the alternatives could be Brazilian or connected with Giovinco, Ramirez and Gomez: "Well if that's what you think, let's hear it. We think we have some ideas, we know all the championships well, as we are spread out throughout the world. It's just a question of finding the right one and with the right conditions for buying. We'd like to buy all the best players in the world, but if they are too expensive or aren't for sale it becomes difficult so it may be better to look for new ideas, something different, maybe not anyone as well known as the names you mentioned."
Finally regarding Mattia Destro, Ausilio concluded by explaining that: "He played well and this was a very positive season for him. He knows well that he hasn't been lost or abandoned, but there are certain moves on the market that at times must be made and were made. Just like in the past other young players have been 'used' – and that's not the right word – like Bonucci and Bolzoni to be able to buy more important players at that time like Milito or Thiago Motta, who helped us win the treble. These were sacrifices which led to even more positive results for Inter at that time. Two years ago Destro left the Primavera squad and was sacrificed for the cause of Andrea Ranocchia. We are very pleased with Ranocchia and this is already positive, so we'll see. If there the financial and technical conditions to consider a future at Inter."
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 05 Mar 00:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "My future? I am happy here"
- 04 Mar 00:00 FIORENTINA, Neto's agent: "Juve? We'll see.."
- 03 Mar 00:00 PSG, Menez: "No regrets about PSG"
- 02 Mar 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Icardi will be part of our future"
- 01 Mar 06:00 FIORENTINA, Neto: "I am happy in Florence, but.."
- 28 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We were about to sign Falcao"
- 27 Feb 20:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "I’ve always said that consistency is important"
- 27 Feb 14:22 EUROPA LEAGUE, Eighth finals draws: two national derbys
- 27 Feb 13:26 AS ROMA v FIORENTINA, Europa League Italian derby
- 27 Feb 11:45 INTER, Ranocchia after EL victory over Celtic: "We took some risks, but great performance"
- 27 Feb 00:00 EMPOLI, Valdifiori: "Milan? I am ready"
- 25 Feb 10:14 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "It will be a tough return leg against Borussia"
- 25 Feb 09:58 JUVENTUS, Chiellini about Champions: “Still work to be done”
- 25 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Many clubs after Zapata"
- 24 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We want Icardi and Handanovic to renew"
- 23 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Montella: "Roma? I am focused on my team"
- 22 Feb 06:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar: "I hope to remain for a long time"
- 20 Feb 13:31 INTER, Guarin: "Gutsy display, shame about their third"
- 20 Feb 13:22 INTER, Kuzmanovic: "We should have won it"
- 20 Feb 02:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "Do everything to restore winning ways"
- 19 Feb 19:15 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "The Scudetto is not a given"
- 19 Feb 18:04 ITALY, Feyenoord fans clash with police ahead of Roma clash
- 19 Feb 03:00 AC MILAN, Essien: "We must give a smile to our fans"
- 18 Feb 14:44 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Borja Valero: "I'll end my career here"
- 18 Feb 00:00 INTER, Icardi turns out transfer rumors
- 17 Feb 11:01 TMW - Sacchi: "There are too many 'blacks' in Italian youth teams"
- 17 Feb 00:00 INTER, Podolski: "My future? Next month we'll see"
- 16 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Babacar: "We are working on my new contract"
- 14 Feb 00:00 INTER, Mancini: "Yaya Touré? If he wants to come to Italy.."
- 13 Feb 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "The new contract? I am confident in my agent"
- 12 Feb 06:00 VALENCIA, Piatti: "I would be happy to renew"
- 12 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 11 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "No meeting scheduled for the renewal"
- 10 Feb 00:00 PALERMO, Micciché: "Dybala? Many clubs after him"
- 09 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Allan? Interesting player"
- 08 Feb 09:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "No hurry about his departure"
- 07 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Yaya Touré? Difficult"
- 06 Feb 00:00 INTER. Osvaldo: "Boca is my dream"
- 05 Feb 00:00 SASSUOLO, Sansone: "I dream of moving back to Bayern"
- 04 Feb 17:14 AS ROMA, Europa League: the Giallorossi’s list of players
- 04 Feb 11:59 AC MILAN, here the new stadium
- 04 Feb 00:00 FIORENTINA, Savic: "Juve? I am happy in Florence"
- 03 Feb 11:54 SAMPDORIA, Eto'o-Mihajlovic fight at first sight: club in trouble
- 02 Feb 00:00 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I am staying"
- 31 Jan 00:00 INTER, Vidic's agent:: "He will honor his contract"
- 30 Jan 17:55 AS ROMA, Strootman underwent arthroscopic treatment in his left knee today
- 30 Jan 11:53 ENLGAND/ LIVERPOOL, Sturridge expects Gerrard return
- 30 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, Bigon: "Selling Inler would be nonsense"
- 29 Jan 15:29 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "We know we’re going through a difficult moment"
- 29 Jan 13:56 INTER, Brozovic: "It's a dream come true for me to be here"
- 29 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, Galliani: "We are waiting for Destro's answer"
- 28 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "He doesn't want to leave"
- 27 Jan 00:00 LAZIO, Ederson's agent: "His future? We'll see"
- 26 Jan 15:41 AC MILAN, Menez: "The players are always with Inzaghi"
- 26 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I would like to end my career here"
- 25 Jan 06:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "I have no reasons to leave"
- 24 Jan 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Benitez wants to stay"
- 23 Jan 00:00 PARMA, Kodra: "We were about to sign Balotelli"
- 22 Jan 18:02 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I would like to be important for the team"
- 22 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "He could extend his deal"
- 21 Jan 16:44 AC MILAN, Mexes: "We must not look for excuses"
- 21 Jan 00:00 INTER, M'Vila's agent: "QPR are the most interested in him"
- 20 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We want to keep Pogba"
- 19 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "I'm not thinking about my future"
- 18 Jan 06:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Destro will probably stay"
- 17 Jan 00:00 LAZIO, Ledesma's agent: "His future remains uncertain"
- 16 Jan 17:52 JUVENTUS, Buffon: "We put in a convincing performance yesterday"
- 16 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, Essien's agent: "He won't extend his deal"
- 15 Jan 18:13 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "Cerci is a fast player and he has a great left foot"
- 15 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Gomez's agent: "No contacts with Roma"
- 14 Jan 18:15 INTER, Shaqiri: "This one of the biggest clubs in the world"
- 14 Jan 17:59 AC MILAN, De Jong: "We must continue to work"
- 14 Jan 00:00 INTER, Vidic's agent:: "He won't leave in January"
- 13 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba's agent: "He will leave at the right moment"
- 12 Jan 00:00 JUVE, Marotta: "Gala won't let Sneijder leave"
- 11 Jan 06:00 INTER, Mancini: "The market? We may sign other players"
- 10 Jan 00:00 AS ROMA, Destro's agent: "No contacts with Milan"
- 09 Jan 00:00 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "Honoured by Real Madrid's interest"
- 08 Jan 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "He will remain until June"
- 07 Jan 18:01 AC MILAN, Galliani: "Cerci...We tried to sign him this summer"
- 07 Jan 00:00 INTER, Handanovic: "I am not thinking about my future"
- 05 Jan 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I am about to renew"
- 04 Jan 06:59 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "We want to be among the top eight teams on the continent"
- 03 Jan 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual's agent: "Two options for his future"
- 02 Jan 06:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "Next Summer everything can happen"
- 01 Jan 00:00 AS ROMA, Ljajic: "Here for at least ten years"
- 31 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Niang's agent: "He will stay"
- 30 Dec 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco's agent: "No contacts with Fiorentina"
- 29 Dec 15:59 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Alexis: "Am I the star at Gunners? I'm just another player"
- 29 Dec 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "In January I won't move"
- 28 Dec 06:00 UDINESE, Muriel: "I am about to join Sampdoria"
- 25 Dec 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Gabbiadini won't be our only signing"
- 24 Dec 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "As long as they don't kick me out..."
- 23 Dec 00:00 GENOA, Perin's agent: "He will remain until the end of the season"
- 22 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We are not after Lennon"
- 21 Dec 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "We'll do something on the transfer market"
- 20 Dec 00:00 AC MILAN, Essien's agent: "He won't leave in January"
- 19 Dec 18:14 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez: " I couldn't stay at Real Madrid once Navas arrived"
- 19 Dec 00:00 FIORENTINA, Rodriguez: "I would like to end my career at San Lorenzo"
- 18 Dec 07:17 AC MILAN, Bonera: "Victory over Napoli give us confidence for facing AS Roma"
- 05 Mar 00:00 NAPOLI, Mertens: "My future? I am happy here"
- 04 Mar 23:37 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Trying to keep Casemiro
- 04 Mar 23:17 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Gracia remains
- 04 Mar 22:59 HOLLAND/ PSV, Two clubs after Piroe
- 04 Mar 22:39 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Keen on Salvio
- 04 Mar 22:20 FRANCE/ PSG, Maxwell about to renew
- 04 Mar 22:00 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Interest for Cavani denied
- 04 Mar 21:37 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Pizarro likely to renew
- 04 Mar 21:17 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Interest for Guidetti confirmed
- 04 Mar 20:59 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Sprint for Josè Mauri
- 04 Mar 20:39 GERMANY/ AUGSBURG, Auction for Baba
- 04 Mar 20:20 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Emery likely to renew
- 04 Mar 20:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Dreaming Klopp
- 04 Mar 19:22 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Lahm: "I might not retire in 2018 after all"
- 04 Mar 19:05 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Zouma is Terry's successor"
- 04 Mar 18:48 FRANCE/ PSG, Maxwell's agent: "Close to new deal"
- 04 Mar 18:33 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ozil must improve
- 04 Mar 18:16 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, No decision on Falcao yet
- 04 Mar 18:00 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Heldt: "We have the chance to sign Nastasic"
- 04 Mar 17:47 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Eye on Sergi Darder
- 04 Mar 17:35 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Simeone in touch with Cavani
- 04 Mar 17:15 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Lacazette for the next season
- 04 Mar 17:00 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Also Rodgers for the after Pellegrini
- 04 Mar 16:26 FRANCE/ O.M, Bielsa: "If I stay depend on the club"
- 04 Mar 16:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Eye on Dendoncker
- 04 Mar 16:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Scouts to observe in Brazil Kenedy
- 04 Mar 15:29 ITALY/ JUVE, Tevez and a deal not signed yet
- 04 Mar 15:16 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Alves'agent: "In advanced talks with other club"
- 04 Mar 15:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Duel to AC Milan on Valdifiori
- 04 Mar 14:45 WEST HAM & LIVERPOOL, Both willing to purchase Song from Barça
- 04 Mar 14:30 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Renewal offer submitted to Seydou Keita
- 04 Mar 14:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, A new suitor for Jovetic
- 04 Mar 14:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Eyes on Croatian youngster Coric
- 04 Mar 13:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Kramer on target again
- 04 Mar 13:29 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Attempt for Ricardo Rodriguez ready
- 04 Mar 13:14 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Boateng: "I rejected Barcelona"
- 04 Mar 12:57 GERMANY/ FC NURNBERG, Schopf likely to extend
- 04 Mar 12:43 ARSENAL, To boast three billionaires listed on Forbes
- 04 Mar 12:30 REAL MADRID & MANCHESTER UNITED, Final duel for Danilo
- 04 Mar 12:15 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Soldado might be the key for signing Bacca
- 04 Mar 12:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger admits he got it wrong when he tried to dump Coquelin
- 04 Mar 11:45 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Survey on Di Santo
- 04 Mar 11:29 ITALY/ INTER, Podolski: he will be sent back to Arsenal if...
- 04 Mar 11:14 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Offer for Calleri
- 04 Mar 11:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Bonera might renew
- 04 Mar 10:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Willing to hire Jorginho back from Hellas
- 04 Mar 10:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Duel to Liverpool and Real Madrid on Vietto
- 04 Mar 10:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Edy Reja is the new Atalanta manager
- 04 Mar 10:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Estoril fire José Couceiro
- 04 Mar 09:40 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Still keen on Handanovic
Lahm has exclusively revealed he may renege on his claim that he will retire from football in 2018.
The Bayern Munich captain, who quit international football after winning the World Cup with Germany in 2014, claimed upon signing a new four-year deal with his club side last su
Interviewed by Rai Sport, Napoli winger Dries Mertens has declared: "A future in Naples? I am happy here, the competition is positive because it
Interviewed by AS, Jorge Cysterpiller, agent of Villarreal forward Luciano Vietto, has declared: "Many important clubs are after hi,. He could jo
Arsenal boast three billionaires listed on Forbes annual rich list.
Alisher Usmanov, who owns 15 per cent of the north London club, is the richest
Interviewed by TMW, OM president Vincente Labrune has declared about the possibility for his team's head coach Marcelo Bielsa to join Inter Milan:
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared: "I will remain here for a long time, because I am very happy at Bayern. I want to honor my contra