EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Other news Other News
- 21 Oct 07:57 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Starke injured
- 20 Oct 07:17 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Viviano injured
- 19 Oct 08:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wilshere injured
- 17 Oct 07:17 BRAZIL/ SAO PAULO, Pato injured
- 16 Oct 22:20 ROMANIA/ OFFICIAL, Piturca is no longer the NT coach
- 16 Oct 07:17 ITALY/ INTER, D'Ambrosio injured
- 15 Oct 07:17 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC, Muniain injured
- 14 Oct 12:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Louis Saha: "I'm a fan of Marchetti"
- 14 Oct 11:57 BARCELONA, Iniesta has won the Golden Foot 2014
- 14 Oct 07:17 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Negredo recovering
- 13 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ INTER, New medical tests for Osvaldo
- 11 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Season over for Estigarribia
- 10 Oct 07:17 ITALY/ PARMA, Bidaoui underwent surgery
- 09 Oct 18:15 FRANCE, Injury scare forces Koscielny out of France squad
- 09 Oct 17:59 UEFA, Infantino refuses to rule out 39th game approval
- 09 Oct 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ozil injured
- 08 Oct 16:31 Kaka: "I’m better now than I was in 2010"
- 08 Oct 07:17 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Maxwell quits the NT
- 07 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Reina injured
- 06 Oct 07:57 SPAIN/ EIBAR, Abraham injured
- 04 Oct 07:57 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Kuyt quits the NT
- 03 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Richards injured
- 02 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Sammer to renew
- 01 Oct 07:17 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, van der Vaart is back
- 30 Sep 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Ramsey injured
- 27 Sep 07:57 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Chen injured
- 26 Sep 07:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Jese about to come back
- 25 Sep 07:17 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT, Trapp injured
- 24 Sep 07:17 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Santos is the NT coach
- 23 Sep 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Debuchy out for three months
- 20 Sep 07:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Asian owners for Reading
- 18 Sep 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Mandzukic undergoes surgery
- 17 Sep 07:17 ITALY/ LAZIO, Radu injured
- 16 Sep 07:17 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Debuchy out for two months
- 12 Sep 07:17 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Bento is no longer the NT coach
- 11 Sep 11:32 FRANCE, Ribery: " I will not make NT comeback"
- 11 Sep 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Blaszczykowski injured
- 09 Sep 18:00 GERMANY/ BAYER, Brandt injured
- 09 Sep 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Reus out for one month
- 08 Sep 08:30 FRANCE/ PSG, David Luiz injured
- 05 Sep 21:30 FIFA, receives World Cup corruption report
- 05 Sep 21:00 ENGLAND, Beckham believes making Wayne Rooney captain is the right decision
- 29 Aug 07:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pirlo out for one month
- 28 Aug 16:44 ENGLAND,Rooney named England captain
- 28 Aug 07:17 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Ghoulam injured
- 27 Aug 07:17 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Beto out for four weeks
- 26 Aug 07:17 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Amorim injured
- 25 Aug 14:09 RACING, Milito:" I’m chasing a dream"
- 25 Aug 07:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Coentrao injured
- 24 Aug 12:00 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Beto injured
- 23 Aug 07:57 FRANCE/ OL, Grenier will undergo surgery
- 22 Aug 07:17 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Gameiro out for six weeks
- 21 Aug 09:15 BRAZIL/ SANTOS, Uvini injured
- 20 Aug 07:17 COLOMBIA/ OFFICIAL, Pekerman will train the NT until 2018
- 19 Aug 16:45 ITALY, Conte believes Azzurri will rise again
- 19 Aug 07:17 KOREA/ OFFICIAL, Shin Tae-yong is the NT new coach
- 17 Aug 11:27 FRANCE/ PSG, Ibrahimovic injured
- 15 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Conte is the new NT coach
- 14 Aug 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Martinez injured
- 13 Aug 07:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Martino is the new NT coach
- 12 Aug 07:17 FRANCE/ PSG, Thiago Silva injured
- 11 Aug 07:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery injured
- 09 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ EMPOLI, Maccarone injured
- 08 Aug 18:14 ARGENTINA, Agreement with Gerardo Martino as new coach
- 08 Aug 07:17 USA/ OFFICIAL, Donovan retires
- 05 Aug 07:17 ALGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Gourcuff is the new NT coach
- 04 Aug 18:44 GREECE, Fernando Santos has been handed an eight match international ban
- 04 Aug 07:57 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Jung injured
- 03 Aug 11:30 FRANCE/ MONACO, Falcao back on the pitch
- 02 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sartori is Atalanta new Technical Director
- 01 Aug 17:47 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Ural: arrive Ivan Chudin and Yaroshenko
- 01 Aug 07:17 SWEDEN/ OFFICIAL, Mellberg retires
- 31 Jul 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Kehl no longer the team's captain
- 30 Jul 17:45 OFFICIAL/ HONDURAS,Medford the new NT coach
- 30 Jul 07:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Sabella is no longer the NT coach
- 29 Jul 07:17 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Advocaat is the new NT coach
- 28 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Roncaglia injured
- 27 Jul 08:27 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Reus recovering
- 26 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Ranieri is the new NT coach
- 25 Jul 09:17 COSTA RICA/ OFFICIAL, Pinto is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jul 09:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera will keep on training the NT
- 23 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger needs to rest
- 22 Jul 09:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Morata injured
- 21 Jul 16:31 BRAZIL, Neymar: "I think Brazilian football is behind"
- 21 Jul 09:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Subotic has recovered
- 20 Jul 10:27 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL Can injured
- 19 Jul 09:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Lahm quits the NT
- 18 Jul 09:17 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Carrick injured
- 16 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Peters is Hamburg new Sports Director
- 14 Jul 09:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Lucas injured
- 13 Jul 10:27 ARGENTINA, Martino the new NT coach?
- 11 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ NT, Ranieri about to coach
- 10 Jul 09:57 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Susic will still be the NT coach
- 08 Jul 09:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sartori is no longer Chievo Sports Director
- 07 Jul 10:27 ALGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Halilhodzic is no longer the NT coach
- 04 Jul 09:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mirabelli is Inter new Chief scout
- 03 Jul 18:05 FIFA,Luis Suárez free to undertake a medical for any transfer
- 03 Jul 09:17 SERBIA/ NT, Offer to Zenga
- 28 Jun 09:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER, Hoffmann injured
- 26 Jun 10:16 SPAIN, Del Bosque until 2016
- 21 Oct 18:31 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Muntari: "Coach Inzaghi is helping us, he’s on our backs"
- 21 Oct 18:15 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Monitoring Imbula
- 21 Oct 18:04 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Podolski has laughed off suggestions that he could join Spurs
- 21 Oct 17:44 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Fans offered refunds
- 21 Oct 16:01 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Fellaini: "I’m happy here. The manager trusts me"
- 21 Oct 16:00 ITALY/ MILAN, Torres lured by Di Matteo
- 21 Oct 15:44 ITALY/ JUVE, One time Arsenal target Sebastian Giovinco
- 21 Oct 15:31 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Reds compete with Juve fpr Ruben Neves,
- 21 Oct 15:15 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Ready an offer for Pique
- 21 Oct 15:00 ARSENAL, Monreal on Bellerin: "He's got a great career ahead of him"
- 21 Oct 14:45 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, January move for Ings ready
- 21 Oct 14:30 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Attempt for Huntelaar on tabs
- 21 Oct 14:15 ARGENTINA/ BOCA JUNIORS, Mussis on target
- 21 Oct 14:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS: Duel to Atletico, Chelsea and Arsenal for Callejon
- 21 Oct 13:45 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, A new rival towards Lucas Silva
- 21 Oct 13:30 ITALY/ INTER, Winter suggestion for Lestienne
- 21 Oct 13:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Stoke City loan Wilkinson out
- 21 Oct 13:00 ARGENTINA/ ARSENAL, Possible long-term renewal for Nervo
- 21 Oct 12:45 JUVENTUS & EMPOLI, Two German suitors for Rugani's loan
- 21 Oct 12:30 TURKEY/ FENERBAHCE, Keen on Mariano
- 21 Oct 12:15 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Approaching Auro
- 21 Oct 12:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "Full responsibility on us, but Hull's first goal was not regular"
- 21 Oct 11:45 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Survey on Barragán
- 21 Oct 11:30 FRANCE/ O.M., Cheyrou might resign
- 21 Oct 11:15 ITALY/ INTER, 6 million euros offer for Baselli ready
- 21 Oct 11:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Khedira harder and harder to get in January
- 21 Oct 10:40 HAMBURG & HERTHA, Keen on Rosenberg
- 21 Oct 10:17 ITALY/ INTER, Campagnaro again likely to leave
- 21 Oct 09:57 ARSENAL, Wilshere: "Theo Walcott's return can give us a unique pace"
- 21 Oct 09:39 GERMANY/ WOLSFBURG, Eyes on Pazzini
- 21 Oct 09:19 FRANCE/ O.M., Survey on Darmian
- 21 Oct 09:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Valdes decreases fee request
- 21 Oct 08:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Levante fire Mendilibar
- 21 Oct 07:57 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Starke injured
- 21 Oct 07:27 OL, Ferri: "I want to remain for a long time"
- 21 Oct 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Reus? We'll make a decision with calm"
- 21 Oct 06:29 ARSENAL, Podolski: "Never to Tottenham"
- 21 Oct 06:00 REAL MADRID, Ancelotti: "I'd like to move back to England"
- 21 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Nainggolan: "My future? I evaluate year by year"
- 20 Oct 23:27 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Eyes on Samba
- 20 Oct 22:57 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Rui Duarte quits Olhanense
- 20 Oct 22:29 SPAIN/ ESPANYOL, Also Liverpool after Casilla
- 20 Oct 21:59 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Zappacosta the alternative to Lichtsteiner
- 20 Oct 21:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Djukic is Cordoba new coach
- 20 Oct 21:00 GERMANY/ BAYER, Trying to extend Bellarabi's deal
- 20 Oct 20:37 SPAIN/ MALAGA, Keen on Bergessio
- 20 Oct 20:17 TURKEY/ FENERBAHCE, Keen on Joao Pereira
- 20 Oct 19:59 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Uche about to renew
- 20 Oct 19:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Smith back to Liverpool
- 20 Oct 19:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Mario Suarez
Gunners forward Lukas Podolski has laughed off suggestions that he could complete a shock move to North London rivals Tottenham.
Posting a link to the story, Podolski wrote ... "Hell will freeze over before this transfer would happen".
Interviewed by Sporza.be, AS Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has declared: "I don't know what will happen in the future, I make my evaluatio
Interviewed by The Sun, Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has declared: "I loved England; I was very happy at Chelsea. I liked the atmosphere, th
Arsenal left backwing Nacho Monreal talked about Gunners youngster Hector Bellerin's remarkable Premier League debut performances and impact: &quo
PSG defender Thiago Silva has declared: "My injury is my fault: I have told the coach that I was ready to play. Now my leg is better, not my mind
As reported by Kicker, Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has declared about Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Marco Reus: "To be