EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Other news Other News
- 31 Jul 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Kehl no longer the team's captain
- 30 Jul 17:45 OFFICIAL/ HONDURAS,Medford the new NT coach
- 30 Jul 07:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Sabella is no longer the NT coach
- 29 Jul 07:17 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Advocaat is the new NT coach
- 28 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Roncaglia injured
- 27 Jul 08:27 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Reus recovering
- 26 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Ranieri is the new NT coach
- 25 Jul 09:17 COSTA RICA/ OFFICIAL, Pinto is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jul 09:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera will keep on training the NT
- 23 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger needs to rest
- 22 Jul 09:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Morata injured
- 21 Jul 16:31 BRAZIL, Neymar: "I think Brazilian football is behind"
- 21 Jul 09:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Subotic has recovered
- 20 Jul 10:27 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL Can injured
- 19 Jul 09:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Lahm quits the NT
- 18 Jul 09:17 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Carrick injured
- 16 Jul 09:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Peters is Hamburg new Sports Director
- 14 Jul 09:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Lucas injured
- 13 Jul 10:27 ARGENTINA, Martino the new NT coach?
- 11 Jul 09:57 GREECE/ NT, Ranieri about to coach
- 10 Jul 09:57 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Susic will still be the NT coach
- 08 Jul 09:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sartori is no longer Chievo Sports Director
- 07 Jul 10:27 ALGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Halilhodzic is no longer the NT coach
- 04 Jul 09:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mirabelli is Inter new Chief scout
- 03 Jul 18:05 FIFA,Luis Suárez free to undertake a medical for any transfer
- 03 Jul 09:17 SERBIA/ NT, Offer to Zenga
- 28 Jun 09:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER, Hoffmann injured
- 26 Jun 10:16 SPAIN, Del Bosque until 2016
- 26 Jun 09:17 JAPAN/ OFFICIAL, Zaccheroni is no longer the NT coach
- 25 Jun 19:16 BRAZIL 2014/ GERMANY, Ballack: "Ozil must force 'magic' World Cup moment"
- 25 Jun 18:44 URUGUAY, Scholes: "Suarez an embarrassment and should be banned"
- 25 Jun 14:15 BRAZIL 204/ URUGUAY, Lugano: "Chiellini, I never believed an Italian player could be such a coward off the pitch"
- 25 Jun 09:17 IVORY COAST/ OFFICIAL, Lamouchi is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 21:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Prandelli is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 09:17 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Villa quits the NT
- 23 Jun 19:44 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTO, Ronaldo insists he is giving his all for his country
- 22 Jun 10:30 SPAIN/ NT, Del Bosque until 2016
- 21 Jun 09:57 BAYERN, Rybery: "I am not undergoing surgery"
- 20 Jun 09:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery may need surgery
- 19 Jun 21:45 BRAZIL 2014, Maradona: "Neymar failed to live up to his billing"
- 19 Jun 20:30 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTUGAL, One-match ban for Pepe
- 19 Jun 09:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Gundogan underwent surgery
- 18 Jun 14:30 BRAZIL 2014/ USA, Klinsmann full of hope for Altidore return
- 18 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Causarano is Juventus new first-team doctor
- 17 Jun 11:30 BRAZIL 2014/ GHANA, Gyan: "We can still qualify"
- 17 Jun 09:17 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK, Ozbiliz underwent surgery
- 16 Jun 18:34 GERMANY, Podolski aiming to win the World Cup
- 16 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Perinetti the new Sports Director
- 14 Jun 09:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bentley retires
- 13 Jun 09:00 WORLD CUP/ GROUPE 1, Brazil-Croatia 3-1
- 12 Jun 17:45 UEFA, Platini ends support for Sepp Blatter
- 12 Jun 16:51 USA, Klinsmann: "USA must make Ronaldo miserable"
- 12 Jun 09:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Beiersdorfer is Hamburg new CEO
- 11 Jun 20:00 ARGENTINA, Maradona: "Neymar too young to dominate World Cup"
- 11 Jun 11:44 PORTUGAL, Ronaldo: "I'll be 100 per cent fit for World Cup"
- 11 Jun 09:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Giulini is Cagliari new owner
- 11 Jun 09:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Reus out for three months
- 10 Jun 12:31 World Cup 2014, Blatter: "Fifa & Qatar corruption claims are racist"
- 10 Jun 12:15 ENGLAND, Wilshere certain Oxlade-Chamberlain has role to play at World Cup
- 10 Jun 09:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Luis Enrique hospitalized
- 07 Jun 09:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Perea will undergo surgery
- 05 Jun 11:10 ENGLAND, Hodgson takes positives
- 05 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ GENOA, New meeting with the Chinese investors
- 04 Jun 09:17 FRANCE/ OM, Anigo no longer the Sports Director
- 03 Jun 09:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Montolivo underwent surgery
- 01 Jun 10:27 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Montolivo injured
- 31 May 09:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Puyol is a Barcelona new executive
- 30 May 09:17 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Eriksson injured
- 29 May 09:17 ITALY/ PARMA, Today the decision about the next EL
- 28 May 16:59 HOLLAND, Van der Vaart to miss Brazil
- 28 May 16:51 ARGENTINA, Di Maria: "If we don't win the World Cup, it will be a failure"
- 28 May 09:17 ITALY/ PALERMO, Perinetti intended to leave
- 27 May 16:14 CROATIA, Kranjcar: "I'm really sorry that I will not be able to play in Brazil"
- 27 May 09:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernandez undergoes surgery
- 26 May 15:44 GHANA, Appiah will stay until 2016
- 25 May 10:27 GHANA/ OFFICIAL, Appiah will train the NT until 2017
- 23 May 18:14 US World Cup squad, Altidore preferred to former captain Landon Donovan
- 23 May 09:17 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Diego Costa recovering
- 22 May 09:00 ITALY/ ROMA, De Sanctis underwent surgery
- 21 May 18:30 ITALY - Abete, Prandelli and Immobile condemns racist chants directed at Italy's Balotelli
- 21 May 10:47 ENGLAND, Beckham believes in NT squad
- 21 May 09:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Fernandez will undergo surgery
- 20 May 09:17 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Delogu the next president?
- 18 May 10:27 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Diego Costa injured
- 17 May 09:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Basha underwent surgery
- 16 May 09:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Savic underwent surgery
- 15 May 09:17 GREECE/ NT, Laudrup the next coach?
- 13 May 12:44 BRAZIL 2014, Uruguay World Cup squad
- 13 May 09:17 SPAIN/ LEVANTE, Rodas injured
- 12 May 15:31 BRAZIL 2014, Kagawa and Maya Yoshida in Japan squad
- 10 May 09:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Pradé renews
- 09 May 13:31 FIFA, Blatter says he intends to stand for fifth term as Fifa president
- 09 May 09:17 VIETNAM/ OFFICIAL, Miura is the new NT coach
- 08 May 09:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Vidal underwent surgery
- 07 May 09:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Cruz is Beira-Mar new president
- 06 May 10:27 HONDURAS, announce their 23-man squad for the FIFA World Cup
- 06 May 09:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Neto injured
- 05 May 09:00 ITALY/ PARMA, Amauri injured
- 03 May 09:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Hopfner is Bayern new president
- 02 May 09:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Badstuber is back
- 31 Jul 18:14 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE; Ben Arfa's agent: "
- 31 Jul 18:07 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Majestic offer for defeating Arsenal on Douglas Costa's pursue
- 31 Jul 18:00 ITALY/ INTER, Bacca: "I'm happy in Sevilla"
- 31 Jul 17:44 BRAZIL/ SAO PAOLO, Pato: "'ve received several offers"
- 31 Jul 17:28 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho confirms Torres will stay
- 31 Jul 17:13 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Tottenham: Rose signing of a new five-year contract
- 31 Jul 16:58 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Prcic joins Rennes
- 31 Jul 16:41 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Silenzi Jr. joins Inter
- 31 Jul 16:14 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Keen on Cerci
- 31 Jul 16:05 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Stuttgart defeat Arsenal: arrives Spanoudakis
- 31 Jul 15:55 ITALY/ INTER, Medel always closer, continue talks
- 31 Jul 15:46 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Rayo Vallecano sign Kakuta from Chelsea
- 31 Jul 15:37 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, 25 mlns for Miranda
- 31 Jul 15:28 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Valencia sign Yoel
- 31 Jul 15:13 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, £4m for Eric Dier
- 31 Jul 15:00 FRANCE/ MONACO, Ready 65 millions for two players of Shakhtar
- 31 Jul 14:50 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Sevilla agree with Olympiacos for Botia
- 31 Jul 14:41 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Roco joins Elche
- 31 Jul 14:33 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, insist on Destro
- 31 Jul 14:24 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Jackson Martinez can extends
- 31 Jul 14:14 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Chievo sign Izco
- 31 Jul 14:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, André Ayew among the fron-line main targets
- 31 Jul 13:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Suggestion for Radu
- 31 Jul 13:30 ENGLAND/ HULL CITY, Move for Hangeland ready
- 31 Jul 13:15 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Price is set for Sandro: Napoli await
- 31 Jul 13:00 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Yepes will join on August 3
- 31 Jul 12:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Renewal offered to Insigne
- 31 Jul 12:30 ARSENAL & MANCHESTER UNITED, From Portugal: Final duel for William Carvalho
- 31 Jul 12:15 INDIA/ NORTH EAST UNITED, Capdevila set to join
- 31 Jul 12:00 ITALY/ INTER, Meeting with Empoli for Laxalt's new outloan
- 31 Jul 11:45 ARGENTINA/ ARSENAL, Planning a move for Moiraghi
- 31 Jul 11:30 ENGLAND/ QPR, 4 million pounds move for Carlos Sanchez
- 31 Jul 11:20 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Djourou about Behrami: "He does always his best"
- 31 Jul 11:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Marchetti
- 31 Jul 11:04 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Sevilla don't give up on Dzemaili
- 31 Jul 11:00 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Criscito's agent: "AC Milan wanted him, but couldn't afford his signing"
- 31 Jul 10:45 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Almost done for Bergessio
- 31 Jul 10:30 ITALY/ GENOA, Medicals for Iago Falqué
- 31 Jul 10:15 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New offer for Shaqiri ready
- 31 Jul 10:00 ITALY/ INTER, 4 suitors for Schelotto
- 31 Jul 09:45 INDIA/ PUNE FC, Trezeguet set to join in October
- 31 Jul 09:30 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Approaching Ben Arfa
- 31 Jul 09:15 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Keen on Obiang
- 31 Jul 09:00 ITALY/ PALERMO, Idea Jeffren
- 31 Jul 08:45 USA/ OFFICIAL, NY sign Perrinelle
- 31 Jul 08:30 ITALY/ INTER, Agreement for Osvaldo
- 31 Jul 08:15 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Rennes sign Brüls
- 31 Jul 08:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Idea Diarra
- 31 Jul 07:40 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bertrand joins Southampton
- 31 Jul 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Kehl no longer the team's captain
Approached hard by Arsenal management during latest days, Brazilian half-forward Douglas Costa (24), according to latest rumours reported by several media and highlighted by Transfermarkt.de, as confirmed by our sources, is now the main focus for AS Monaco, whose management are r
Interviewed by Sky Sport, Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has declared about 27-year-old midfielder Arturo Vidal: "He has never been on the m
Barcelona new midfielder Ivan Rakitic has declared about his team-mate Xavi: "It’s great news that he’s staying here. He’s a cl
Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez has declared: "The future, only god knows. There is competition here and I will continue to work hard
Interviewed by La Voix du Nord, Lille center back Simon Kjaer has declared: "It has always been clear in my head, and I even told the coach at th