EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Other news Other News
- 10 Feb 14:19 Sporting Lisbon and Schelotto close to part company
- 10 Feb 12:05 Rhodes sends Boro top
- 10 Feb 11:21 West Ham overcome Liverpool in extra-time
- 09 Feb 11:40 INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL / Qatar will spend 30,000 million dollars in the facilities of the FIFA World Cup 2022
- 09 Feb 11:16 DERBY COUNTY - Clement shockingly sacked: Pearson can substitute him
- 06 Feb 20:46 SCOTLAND - Wonderful Aberdeen join Celtic on top of the table
- 06 Feb 15:51 Ashley Cole: "I didn't come here to sit on the beach"
- 06 Feb 00:19 OFFICIAL - Boca Juniors, Insaurralde is back. Marín at Camoranesi's Tigre
- 05 Feb 23:55 GALATASARAY - Burak Yilmaz going to China, Zaccheroni is waiting for him
- 05 Feb 17:25 Mourinho next to be targeted by Chinese Super League
- 04 Feb 12:32 Ramires scores on debut in China
- 04 Feb 10:48 MLS - convicted rapist Ched Evans looking to America
- 02 Feb 11:45 EXCLUSIVE / INTERNARIONAL FOOTBALL: Germany skip rules
- 02 Feb 10:30 EXCLUSIVE TMW/ ARGENTINA NATIONAL TEAM: Messi will not go to the Olympics, but will play the Copa America Centennial
- 01 Feb 22:14 Kuban and Arshavin part way on mutual consent
- 01 Feb 21:47 OFFICIAL - Dynamo Kiev, Korzun sign
- 30 Jan 19:39 OFFICIAL - Trabzonspor sign Akapko
- 30 Jan 13:26 Nani next to move to China?
- 11 Dec 12:00 HONDURAS, NT captain Arnold Peralta killed by a gunshot
- 17 Nov 14:00 PSV, Cocu: "I was in Paris, it was horrible"
- 14 Nov 21:00 Lassana Diarra announces having lost a close cousin in Paris attacks
- 14 Nov 01:16 Red Alert situation at Stade de France: terrorist attack during France v Germany friendly match
- 12 Nov 14:29 Football world mourn Marton Fulop
- 02 Nov 23:30 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, Possible lineup: Benfica seek Galatasaray satisfaction
- 26 Oct 22:01 UEFA, Executive Committee has today unanimously agreed to support Gianni Infantino
- 23 Oct 15:57 Support messages for Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff, diagnosed with lung cancer
- 22 Oct 09:43 UEFA, No goals in Paris, joy for City, Galatasaray, Malmö
- 09 Oct 07:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Vietto out for four weeks
- 08 Oct 07:57 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Maicon injured
- 05 Oct 08:30 ITALY/ ROMA, Rudiger injured
- 02 Oct 07:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Mauricio injured
- 01 Oct 07:57 ENGLAND/ BOURNEMOUTH, Wilson injured
- 30 Sep 08:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Iniesta injured
- 29 Sep 15:37 Champions League Matchday 2, Preview - ZENIT, Villas-Boas: "Our individuals can be not enough against Gent, we'll have to stay focused"
- 29 Sep 08:30 ITALY/ TORINO, Baselli injured
- 28 Sep 07:57 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Rodriguez injured
- 23 Sep 09:17 ITALY/ VERONA, Toni out for two months
- 22 Sep 08:57 CROATIA/ OFFICIAL, Cacic is the new NT coach
- 21 Sep 07:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Koke injured
- 18 Sep 00:00 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - PORTO (Group G), Aboubakar: "My best game? It's yet to come"
- 17 Sep 09:40 ITALY/ ROMA, Szczesny injured
- 17 Sep 01:05 Champions League Matchday 1 aftermath, Part Two - DYNAMO KYIV (Group G), Buyalskyi: "Mister Rebrov is satisfied, we'll work together on our mistakes"
- 16 Sep 09:40 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Shaw seriously injured
- 15 Sep 09:40 ARGENTINA/ BOCA, Gago seriously injured
- 11 Sep 08:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Danilo injured
- 10 Sep 09:40 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Rami injured
- 09 Sep 07:17 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Pjanic injured
- 08 Sep 12:14 SPAIN, Casillas feels for Valdes
- 04 Sep 07:57 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Surgery for Welbeck
- 03 Sep 07:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Maksimovic injured
- 02 Sep 09:15 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Carriço injured
- 31 Aug 07:57 BOLIVIA/ OFFICIAL, Baldivieso is the new NT coach
- 30 Aug 12:30 FRANCE/ OL, Tolisso injured
- 28 Aug 10:40 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Oikonomou injured
- 27 Aug 09:40 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Khedira recovering
- 21 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Klose injured
- 20 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Cigarini injured
- 19 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Marchisio injured
- 14 Aug 10:30 ITALY/ CHIEVO, Izco injured
- 13 Aug 09:40 FINLAND/ OFFICIAL, Backe is the new NT coach
- 12 Aug 07:57 FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Sertic injured
- 11 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Niang underwent surgery
- 10 Aug 07:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Tsanas is the new NT coach
- 09 Aug 07:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Planes is Elche new Sporting Director
- 08 Aug 07:57 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Slutsky is the NT coach
- 07 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Niang injured
- 06 Aug 07:57 BELGIUM/ OFFICIAL, Scifo is the U21 NT new coach
- 05 Aug 07:57 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Benzema injured
- 04 Aug 07:57 FRANCE/ PSG, Ibrahimovic injured
- 03 Aug 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Khedira injured
- 01 Aug 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Immobile injured
- 31 Jul 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Douglas injured
- 30 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Chiellini injured
- 29 Jul 07:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera is no longer the NT coach
- 28 Jul 07:17 FRANCE/ OL, Grenier injured
- 27 Jul 07:57 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Perisic injured
- 25 Jul 14:30 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Gardos injured
- 24 Jul 11:27 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Manolas injured
- 23 Jul 07:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Monchi renews with Sevilla
- 22 Jul 08:30 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Markarian is no longer the NT coach
- 18 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Bovo injured
- 17 Jul 14:58 UEFA Europa League third qualifying round draw
- 17 Jul 14:56 Champions League third qualifying round draw
- 17 Jul 08:30 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Bakic injured
- 13 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ TORINO, Petrachi to renew
- 10 Jul 07:57 NIGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Oliseh is the new NT coach
- 09 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Bollini is Atalanta new assistant coach
- 08 Jul 07:57 GIBRALTAR/ OFFICIAL, Wood is the new NT coach
- 07 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Rossi recovered
- 06 Jul 07:57 CHILE/ NT, Two die during Copa's celebrations
- 02 Jul 07:17 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Blind is the new NT coach
- 01 Jul 07:00 FRANCE/ BASTIA, The club risks relegation for financial problems
- 30 Jun 07:17 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Hiddink is no longer the NT coach
- 26 Jun 07:57 USA/ SEATTLE, Long suspension for Dempsey
- 25 Jun 07:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Minambres renews with Rayo
- 24 Jun 07:57 SWITZERLAND/ LUGANO, Imborgia the new investor?
- 23 Jun 07:57 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Andujar injured
- 22 Jun 07:57 SPAIN/ REAL, Benitez on diet
- 21 Jun 11:27 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Sirakov retires
- 20 Jun 07:57 RUSSIA/ DYNAMO, Exclusion from the EL
- 11 Feb 19:48 CHELSEA - Oscar: "I love Chelsea and I want to stay here"
- 11 Feb 19:24 TRANSFER MARKET / Jackson pockets 5% of 42million transfer fee
- 11 Feb 19:18 CHELSEA - Kurt Zouma undergoes knee surgery in Barcelona
- 11 Feb 19:00 LA LIGA / Barcelona: Messi trains with the group
- 11 Feb 18:58 Afobe: 'I did my best'
- 11 Feb 18:41 Tomkins injury blow for West Ham
- 11 Feb 18:40 ITALY / Napoles : Higuaín: "approach me to Maradona done for this team would be great"
- 11 Feb 18:28 Quique Sanchez Flores: 'Deeney should be in the national team'
- 11 Feb 18:14 Lamine Sane and Jerome Prior suspended indefinitely
- 11 Feb 18:01 Johnson omitted from Sunderland squad
- 11 Feb 17:46 Sagna believes Manchester City are still title favourites
- 11 Feb 17:34 Fight will go on despite Liverpool owners back-down
- 11 Feb 17:23 Guidolin inspired by 'Leicester miracle'
- 11 Feb 17:07 Manchester United set to break £500m barrier
- 11 Feb 16:55 Sunderland - Emmanuel Eboue is training
- 11 Feb 16:40 Hoffenheim - 28-year-old Nagelsmann appointed head coach
- 11 Feb 16:24 Arsenal – Sanchez demanding huge pay-rise
- 11 Feb 16:10 Liverpool – Klopp targets Hernandez
- 11 Feb 16:07 PSG – Lavezzi moving to China
- 11 Feb 15:55 Arsenal - Santi Cazorla is back running, Wiltshire and Welbeck look positive
- 11 Feb 15:47 Manchester City - Pep Guardiola wants Inter Milan goalkeeper
- 11 Feb 15:36 Manchester United – Happy with Van Gaal
- 11 Feb 15:25 Stoke City - Krkic signed until 2020
- 11 Feb 15:13 Chelsea - Al-Arabi manager Zola believes John Terry would be a hit in Qatar
- 11 Feb 14:50 Man City join Liverpool in fight for Roma ace
- 11 Feb 14:40 Attacking options for Klopp
- 11 Feb 14:30 Flores not disappointed in failure to sign Adebayor
- 11 Feb 14:15 Lanzini and Sakho to return for West Ham
- 11 Feb 13:50 Nasri to finish career at Manchester City
- 11 Feb 13:45 Liverpool back down over ticket prices
- 11 Feb 13:40 Valencia only manage draw against weakened Barca team
- 11 Feb 13:35 Mourinho to manage United
- 11 Feb 13:32 Everton, Martinez on Howard: "Nobody is going to leave..."
- 11 Feb 13:27 Gilberto Silva: "Arsenal can win the league"
- 11 Feb 13:16 Martinez: "It's Leicester's to lose"
- 11 Feb 13:16 Leeds, keen on Carayol
- 11 Feb 12:59 Barcelona, Luis Enrique: "I had to give my voice a rest"
- 11 Feb 12:44 O.M., Silva: "I was not kicked off Marseille team bus"
- 11 Feb 12:20 Man City, Nasri: "It would be a pleasure to finish my career here"
- 11 Feb 12:02 Chelsea, Conte has provided Blues with a transfer wishlist
- 11 Feb 11:43 Referee Nicola Rizzoli injures his calf: no big match JUVE v NAPOLI for him
- 11 Feb 11:36 PSG - Sirigu: "Lavezzi is an important loss, but he is the one who decides"
- 11 Feb 11:27 EVERTON - Chinese clubs target Phil Jagielka
- 11 Feb 11:21 ATLETICO MADRID - Saul: "I would already do a long-life deal"
- 11 Feb 11:00 REAL MADRID - Marcelo
- 11 Feb 10:53 Mourinho at Man United, the Sun "Disunited"
- 11 Feb 10:27 NAPOLI - Hamsik is Juventus' secret fantasy
- 11 Feb 10:22 MAN UNITED - Mirror "All the secrets behind Mourinho's 3-years-deal"
- 11 Feb 10:20 MILAN - Pavoletti can replace Balotelli
- 11 Feb 10:00 OFFICIAL, PSG: Blanc bags new deal
In the wake of Jackson Martínez's transfer from Atlético Madrid to Chinese side, Guangzhou, for 42 million euros, details of the Colombian star's contract with the capital club have been revealed. Jackson was pocketing an annual salary of 5 million euro
Napoli Argentine Gonzalo Higuain has said that approach "to what he has done Maradona would be great" and expects to make to Juventus in the
Argentine striker underwent last Tuesday 9th lithotripsy kidney problems to overcome. The intervention, simple, has not prevented him back to work as
Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma underwent knee surgery yesterday in Barcelona to start his recover after his ACL injury.
Bordeaux's Senegalese defender Lamine Sane and France's Jerome Prior have been suspended indefinitely by the club.
The Guardian reports that struggling Bundesliga side Hoffenheim has appointed 28-year-old Julian Nagelsmann as their new head coach. Nagelsmann replac