EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Other news Other News
- 27 Feb 07:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Basanta injured
- 25 Feb 07:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pirlo injured
- 24 Feb 07:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Tatarasanu injured
- 23 Feb 07:57 FRANCE/ PSG, Aurier and Lucas injured
- 22 Feb 08:30 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Valero injured
- 18 Feb 07:17 FRANCE/ OM, Barrada undergoes surgery
- 17 Feb 07:17 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Alex underwent surgery
- 16 Feb 07:57 IVORY COAST/ OFFICIAL, Kolo Tourť quits the NT
- 14 Feb 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Asamoah recovering
- 13 Feb 07:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Markarian is the new NT coach
- 10 Feb 07:57 FRANCE/ LILLE, Martin injured
- 09 Feb 07:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Koke injured
- 06 Feb 07:17 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Rodriguez undergoes surgery
- 05 Feb 07:17 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Huntelaar's suspension reduced
- 04 Feb 07:17 ITALY/ SASSUOLO, Terranova undergoes surgery
- 02 Feb 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYER, Kruse injured
- 30 Jan 12:10 FIFA, presidency candidates wait to see if they can stand for election
- 30 Jan 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery injured
- 29 Jan 07:17 SPAIN/ REAL, Pepe still injured
- 28 Jan 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Braida the new Sporting Director?
- 27 Jan 07:17 ITALY/ INTER, Two players injured
- 26 Jan 07:57 ITALY/ ROMA, Strootman injured
- 25 Jan 08:27 ITALY/ LAZIO, Djordjevic injured
- 24 Jan 07:57 ITALY/ LAZIO, Felipe Anderson still injured
- 23 Jan 07:57 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Lampard injury
- 22 Jan 07:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Kodra is Parma new president
- 21 Jan 07:17 ITALY/ UDINESE, Domizzi injured
- 20 Jan 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Two players injured
- 19 Jan 07:57 GERMANY/ MAINZ, Koo Ja-cheol injured
- 17 Jan 07:57 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Holtby injured
- 16 Jan 07:17 ITALY/ LAZIO, Felipe Anderson out for three weeks
- 15 Jan 07:57 ITALY/ MILAN, Zapata injured
- 14 Jan 07:17 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, De Vitis underwent surgery
- 13 Jan 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Alaba is back
- 12 Jan 07:57 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Fahrmann injured
- 11 Jan 08:27 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Junior Malanda dead
- 10 Jan 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Sogliano the next Sporting Director?
- 09 Jan 07:17 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Vlaar injured
- 08 Jan 07:17 ITALY/ CESENA, Tabanelli undergoes surgery
- 07 Jan 07:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Dutt is Stuttgart new Sporting Director
- 05 Jan 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Cristoforo underwent surgery
- 03 Jan 07:57 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Mexes out for one month
- 02 Jan 07:57 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Destro injured
- 31 Dec 07:17 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Hovard injured
- 30 Dec 07:57 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Nani the new Sporting Director?
- 29 Dec 07:57 HOLLAND/ NAC, Matic will play for Macedonia
- 28 Dec 08:27 MAN. UTD, Di Maria injured again
- 25 Dec 07:57 ITALY/ PARMA, Jorquera underwent surgery
- 24 Dec 08:30 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Sarris is no longer the Federation's president
- 23 Dec 07:17 SPAIN/ GETAFE, Lafita injured
- 22 Dec 07:57 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Marcelo injured
- 19 Dec 07:57 PERU/ OFFICIAL, Bengoechea is no longer the NT coach
- 16 Dec 07:17 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Bazdarevic is the new NT coach
- 15 Dec 18:00 EUROPA LEAGUE, 16th finals draws
- 15 Dec 17:30 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, 8th finals draws
- 15 Dec 07:57 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Mkhitaryan injured
- 12 Dec 07:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, New owners for Parma
- 11 Dec 07:57 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Smalling injured
- 10 Dec 16:24 SWITZERLAND/ FC BASEL, Streller: "First I am very proud of the team"
- 10 Dec 13:30 SWITZERLAND/ FC BASEL, Sousa: "It's about creating more history for this great club"
- 10 Dec 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Babacar injured
- 09 Dec 15:00 RUSSIA/ CSKA MOSCOW, Rasmus Elm risking to quit football due to stomach sickness
- 09 Dec 07:57 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Nani injured
- 08 Dec 07:57 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Rudiger injured
- 07 Dec 08:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Koulibaly injured
- 06 Dec 07:57 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Surgery for Raimondi
- 05 Dec 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Romulo has undergone surgery
- 04 Dec 07:17 BRAZIL/ OFFICIAL, Miranda is Vasco new president
- 03 Dec 07:57 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Di Maria out for two weeks
- 02 Dec 07:57 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Raimondi injured
- 01 Dec 07:57 FRANCE/ MONACO, Kondogbia out for two months
- 30 Nov 08:27 SPAIN/ REAL SOCIEDAD, Agirretxe injured
- 29 Nov 07:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Surgery for Asamoah
- 28 Nov 07:57 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Michu underwent surgery
- 27 Nov 07:17 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Vermaelen out for five months?
- 26 Nov 07:57 SERBIA/ OFFICIAL, Ćurčić is the new NT coach
- 24 Nov 07:57 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Reus injured again
- 23 Nov 08:27 ITALY/ ROMA, Torosidis injured
- 22 Nov 07:57 FRANCE/ GUINGAMP, Toivonen recovers
- 21 Nov 07:17 BULGARIA/ OFFICIAL, Penev is no longer the NT coach
- 20 Nov 07:57 SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Miranda out for three weeks
- 19 Nov 07:57 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Lahm out for three months
- 18 Nov 07:17 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Susic is no longer the NT coach
- 17 Nov 07:57 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Ranieri is no longer the NT coach
- 16 Nov 08:27 GEORGIA/ OFFICIAL, Ketsbaia is no longer the NT coach
- 15 Nov 07:57 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Rafinha injured
- 14 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Ogbonna injured
- 12 Nov 07:17 DENMARK/ BRONDBY, Agger injured
- 11 Nov 14:14 DENMARK, Jorgensen quits football: "Proud of my career"
- 11 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Reus injured
- 10 Nov 19:00 ITALY, Conte: "Balotelli not different "
- 10 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Insigne injured
- 08 Nov 07:57 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Alaba underwent surgery
- 06 Nov 16:14 ENGLAND, Hodgson explains Saido Berahino England squad call up
- 06 Nov 07:17 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Alcaraz injured
- 05 Nov 07:17 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Bernardeschi out for 5 months
- 04 Nov 10:30 PREVIEW: Arsenal v Anderlecht: Possible lineups
- 04 Nov 07:57 GERMANY/ SCHALKE, Draxler injured
- 03 Nov 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Hummels injured
- 01 Nov 07:57 SPAIN/ SEVILLA, Iborra injured
- 27 Feb 23:37 BELGIUM/ CLUB BRUGGE, Two German clubs after Meunier
- 27 Feb 23:17 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Idea Cassano
- 27 Feb 22:59 GERMANY/ STUTTGART, Also Schmidt for the bench
- 27 Feb 22:39 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Idea Serero
- 27 Feb 22:20 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Mordovia sign Gapon
- 27 Feb 22:00 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Quembo will join Benfica
- 27 Feb 21:37 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Amkar sign Khomich
- 27 Feb 21:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eggestein renews with Werder
- 27 Feb 20:59 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Butko joins Amkar
- 27 Feb 20:39 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Two clubs after Sportiello
- 27 Feb 20:20 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Scepovic joins Terek
- 27 Feb 20:00 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Iíve always said that consistency is important"
- 27 Feb 19:42 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Van Gaal confirms lengthy Van Persie injury lay-off
- 27 Feb 19:16 SPAIN/ BARCELONA,Busquets after the renewal
- 27 Feb 19:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Amadeo Salvo: "I've spoken with Real, they won't to sign Gayŗ"
- 27 Feb 18:44 VILLARREAL, Marcelino: "I would prefer any other team than a Spanish side"
- 27 Feb 18:31 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL,£50m transfer fund in the summer
- 27 Feb 18:15 ITALY/ INTER, Fassone: "Mancini has given us a winning mentality"
- 27 Feb 18:05 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Bigon: "Benitez's future? He will think forward about his future"
- 27 Feb 17:56 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Benitez: "Dinamo Moskva are a tough and difficult team"
- 27 Feb 17:42 RUSSIA/ ZENIT, Villas Boas about Turin: "The draw is hard "
- 27 Feb 17:33 ITALY/ JUVE, From Spain: no contacts for Dani Alves
- 27 Feb 17:22 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Renewal close for Ibe
- 27 Feb 17:10 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, little surgery for Wilshere
- 27 Feb 17:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere will have surgery"
- 27 Feb 16:45 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Bertels extends for Paderborn
- 27 Feb 16:30 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Survey on Glik
- 27 Feb 16:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Werder Bremen sign Eggenstein on long-term contract
- 27 Feb 16:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, 3 Brazilian suitors for Rafael
- 27 Feb 15:52 UEFA Europa League round of 16 draw
- 27 Feb 15:51 FRANCE/ MARSEILLE, 4 names for the after Bielsa
- 27 Feb 15:45 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Survey on Leandro Damiao
- 27 Feb 15:30 ARSENAL, Henry: "Training Gunners is a dream of mine"
- 27 Feb 15:15 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Denisov on target
- 27 Feb 15:00 VILLARREAL, Cheryshev: "Defeating Red Bull demanded us a lot"
- 27 Feb 14:45 ENGLAND/ BURNLEY, Danny Ings refuses Sociedad and waits for Liverpool trade
- 27 Feb 14:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Inter sign Felipe Dalbelo
- 27 Feb 14:22 EUROPA LEAGUE, Eighth finals draws: two national derbys
- 27 Feb 14:15 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Duel to Juventus for Falcao: United hireback gets farther
- 27 Feb 14:00 WOLFSBURG, Bas Dost: "The important thing is we're through. Benaglio was extraordinary"
- 27 Feb 13:45 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Rodrigo: "My future? I'd like to stay here"
- 27 Feb 13:30 TOTTENHAM, Chadli: "Now let's put disappointment away and make our best for Capital One Cup"
- 27 Feb 13:26 AS ROMA v FIORENTINA, Europa League Italian derby
- 27 Feb 13:22 VILLARREAL v FC SEVILLE, Europa League Spanish derby
- 27 Feb 13:17 EVERTON, Europa League pairing with Dynamo Kyiv
- 27 Feb 13:15 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, New survey on Keita Diao
- 27 Feb 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker after Emirates fiasco: "We'll need a wonderful night in Monaco"
- 27 Feb 12:44 ENGLAND/ BOLTON, Tierney might extend
- 27 Feb 12:28 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, 50 millions for 5 targets
- 27 Feb 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers after Besiktas EL failure: "We are disappointed for how much we put into the game"
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will be given a £50m transfer fund in the summer and Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin could be a target.
Filippo Inzaghi gave an exclusive interview to the Milan Channel before facing the press earlier today. Here is an extract of what he said:
Villarreal CF coach Marcelino has spoken about the Uefa League draw.
"It will be an open tie. I think that both teams would have chosen to not h
After AS Monaco failure, Arsène Wenger looks forward to Everton-Arsenal, scheduled next Sunday at Emirates Stadium: "They come back i
Interviewed by FcInterNews.it, Alejandro Mazzoni, agent of PSG forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, has declared: "He has a contract with PSG until 2016. Yo
Commenting upon Europa League eighth finals qualification over Sporting Lisbon, Wolfsburg top scorer Bas Dost stated: "The important thing is tha