EURO 2012/ ITALY, Cassano feared he might miss Euro
© foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport
Antonio Cassano is never trite. In the press conference he started off talking about how he felt about playing against Spain after the physical problems he had some months ag “Before the match, I was very nervous. I really did not think I would play in the European Championships after what had happened to me. Now I talk about it with no problems, but I was really scared. When things like this happen you start considering everything else in a different way. I am not a religious person, but I think I was granted a favor. Now I want to be a protagonist in these European Championships along with the rest of the team. I am sorry only about the fact that Giuseppe Rossi is not with us and his absence is a great loss for us”. As far as his physical condition is concerned, he explained: “The more I train, the more I play, the more minutes of play I have in my legs: at the moment, I can play about severnty minutes; playing often, however, you get tired and to reach 90’ minute sit takes more time. I did not play for five and a half months and to get in top shape takes time”.
The atmosphere is relaxed in the press room and Cassano jokes around: “They say that I should be a tutor for Balotelli, this says in what shape we are in because who will be my tutor?”.
The Milan forward admits that the National team can have only one objective: “Italy has always started off to win. Before the match against Russia we were one of the favorite teams, then everyone attacked us. I think that Italy h as to play the way it knows how to play and we have the qualities needed to go ahead”. Cassano also talked about the much talked about scoring occasion that Balotelli had: “He said he wanted to pass the ball to me. I answered ‘with what you have you should go all the way’ Unfortunately he did not realize that Sergio Ramos was coming back. Pity. I would have passed the ball: I like to make others score more than scoring myself”.
With regards to his teammates on offense: "What is important is that I am there, any of the players is ok. Di Natale is my favorite hobby in this period. I call him “sharpshooter”, give him half a ball and he scores. He has shown everyone that he knows how to score even in the matches that count”.
Cassano then talked again about the tie against Spain: “I am happy because we played a very good match. Prandelli has always made us play offensive football, and then there are teams that allow you to be more offensive than others and others that allow you to be less offensive like Spain. A style that is similar to Barcellona, a team that I adore”.
He knows that the stakes are high with Croatia: “Croatia is a strong team, with Modric above all, but we have to think about ourselves. We have to think only about winning so we can be sure of qualifying and be even more confident after the match against Spain”. And to those who asked for a comment about the comments said by Alessandro Cecchi Paone regarding the presence of homosexuals on the National team, he said: “It is their problem, not mine”.
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Other News
- 24 Jul 07:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera will keep on training the NT
- 23 Jul 07:00 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Schweinsteiger needs to rest
- 22 Jul 07:17 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Morata injured
- 21 Jul 14:31 BRAZIL, Neymar: "I think Brazilian football is behind"
- 21 Jul 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Subotic has recovered
- 20 Jul 08:27 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL Can injured
- 19 Jul 07:57 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Lahm quits the NT
- 18 Jul 07:17 ENGLAND/ MAN. UTD, Carrick injured
- 16 Jul 07:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Peters is Hamburg new Sports Director
- 14 Jul 07:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Lucas injured
- 13 Jul 08:27 ARGENTINA, Martino the new NT coach?
- 11 Jul 07:57 GREECE/ NT, Ranieri about to coach
- 10 Jul 07:57 BOSNIA/ OFFICIAL, Susic will still be the NT coach
- 08 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sartori is no longer Chievo Sports Director
- 07 Jul 08:27 ALGERIA/ OFFICIAL, Halilhodzic is no longer the NT coach
- 04 Jul 07:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Mirabelli is Inter new Chief scout
- 03 Jul 16:05 FIFA,Luis Suárez free to undertake a medical for any transfer
- 03 Jul 07:17 SERBIA/ NT, Offer to Zenga
- 28 Jun 07:57 GERMANY/ HANNOVER, Hoffmann injured
- 26 Jun 08:16 SPAIN, Del Bosque until 2016
- 26 Jun 07:17 JAPAN/ OFFICIAL, Zaccheroni is no longer the NT coach
- 25 Jun 17:16 BRAZIL 2014/ GERMANY, Ballack: "Ozil must force 'magic' World Cup moment"
- 25 Jun 16:44 URUGUAY, Scholes: "Suarez an embarrassment and should be banned"
- 25 Jun 12:15 BRAZIL 204/ URUGUAY, Lugano: "Chiellini, I never believed an Italian player could be such a coward off the pitch"
- 25 Jun 07:17 IVORY COAST/ OFFICIAL, Lamouchi is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 19:15 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Prandelli is no longer the NT coach
- 24 Jun 07:17 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Villa quits the NT
- 23 Jun 17:44 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTO, Ronaldo insists he is giving his all for his country
- 22 Jun 08:30 SPAIN/ NT, Del Bosque until 2016
- 21 Jun 07:57 BAYERN, Rybery: "I am not undergoing surgery"
- 20 Jun 07:17 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Ribery may need surgery
- 19 Jun 19:45 BRAZIL 2014, Maradona: "Neymar failed to live up to his billing"
- 19 Jun 18:30 BRAZIL 2014/ PORTUGAL, One-match ban for Pepe
- 19 Jun 07:17 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA, Gundogan underwent surgery
- 18 Jun 12:30 BRAZIL 2014/ USA, Klinsmann full of hope for Altidore return
- 18 Jun 07:17 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Causarano is Juventus new first-team doctor
- 17 Jun 09:30 BRAZIL 2014/ GHANA, Gyan: "We can still qualify"
- 17 Jun 07:17 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK, Ozbiliz underwent surgery
- 16 Jun 16:34 GERMANY, Podolski aiming to win the World Cup
- 16 Jun 07:17 ITALY/ SAMPDORIA, Perinetti the new Sports Director
- 14 Jun 07:57 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Bentley retires
- 13 Jun 07:00 WORLD CUP/ GROUPE 1, Brazil-Croatia 3-1
- 12 Jun 15:45 UEFA, Platini ends support for Sepp Blatter
- 12 Jun 14:51 USA, Klinsmann: "USA must make Ronaldo miserable"
- 12 Jun 07:17 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Beiersdorfer is Hamburg new CEO
- 11 Jun 18:00 ARGENTINA, Maradona: "Neymar too young to dominate World Cup"
- 11 Jun 09:44 PORTUGAL, Ronaldo: "I'll be 100 per cent fit for World Cup"
- 11 Jun 07:45 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Giulini is Cagliari new owner
- 11 Jun 07:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA D., Reus out for three months
- 10 Jun 10:31 World Cup 2014, Blatter: "Fifa & Qatar corruption claims are racist"
- 24 Jul 17:44 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Working on Garcia loan
- 24 Jul 17:31 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Eintracht Frankfurt: arrives Lucas Piazon
- 24 Jul 17:14 ITALY/ INTER, Ausilio: "Working in Medel"
- 24 Jul 17:05 INTER, Claire Lewis joins club as Marketing Director
- 24 Jul 16:44 OFFICIAL, Aguirre named new Japan boss
- 24 Jul 16:31 GREECE/ OFFICIAL, Paok: from Gimnasia arrives Facundo Pereya
- 24 Jul 16:16 USA/ OFFICIAL, Lampard completes New York City FC move
- 24 Jul 16:14 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Swans sign Montero
- 24 Jul 16:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Eyes on Isla
- 24 Jul 15:45 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Working on Zuculini's loan
- 24 Jul 15:30 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, United assault evened: 45 million euros to Juventus for Vidal
- 24 Jul 15:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Greece-German youngster Spanoudakis about to join
- 24 Jul 15:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Taarabt willig to join back
- 24 Jul 14:45 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Rayo Vallecano sign Pozuelo
- 24 Jul 14:30 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, From Spain: majestic offer for Marquinhos
- 24 Jul 14:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Closing on Vermaelen
- 24 Jul 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Back for Ryan Bertrand
- 24 Jul 13:45 INTER & ATLETICO MADRID, Final duel on Chicharito Hernandez
- 24 Jul 13:30 ENGLAND/ SWANSEA CITY, Agreement with Marseille for signing Payet
- 24 Jul 13:17 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Schneiderlin joining Arsenal might lead Clasie in
- 24 Jul 13:03 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Chievo Verona sign Gamberini
- 24 Jul 12:45 ENGLAND/ QPR, Duel to Italian and German rivals on Bonaventura
- 24 Jul 12:30 SPAIN/ ATLETICO MADRID, Lead over Liverpool and Porto on Bakkali
- 24 Jul 12:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Getafe sign Michel
- 24 Jul 12:00 GERMANY/ HANNOVER 96, Kiyotake about to be announced
- 24 Jul 11:45 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Real Madrid offer for El Shaarawy rejected
- 24 Jul 11:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Miranda joins Chievo Verona
- 24 Jul 11:15 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Surprise lead over Lazio on Astori
- 24 Jul 11:00 ITALY/ HELLAS VERONA, Eyes on Antonsson
- 24 Jul 10:45 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Zeman wants Galano
- 24 Jul 10:30 ITALY/ PARMA, Bellomo more and more likely to join
- 24 Jul 10:15 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Arsenal defeated: Loic Remy about to join
- 24 Jul 10:00 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Approaching Romero
- 24 Jul 09:45 ENGLAND/ EVERTON, Agree £4million fee for midfielder Besic
- 24 Jul 09:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Pirlo weighs up Galatasaray transfer due to Allegri's presence
- 24 Jul 09:13 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Continue to track Raphael Varane
- 24 Jul 08:55 ENGLAND/ QPR, plot Samuel Eto'o transfer
- 24 Jul 08:43 INTER, Vidic: "I settled here immediately"
- 24 Jul 08:31 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Agreement with Keylor Navas
- 24 Jul 08:14 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, moving for Villa defender Ron Vlaar
- 24 Jul 08:00 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Keen on Badelj
- 24 Jul 07:40 FRANCE/ MONACO, Gaitan about to join
- 24 Jul 07:17 MEXICO/ OFFICIAL, Herrera will keep on training the NT
- 24 Jul 06:57 PSG, Cavani: "Will I stay? Of course!"
- 24 Jul 06:39 HAMBURG, Beiersdorfer: "We can't afford to sign Behrami"
- 24 Jul 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Pochettino: "New signings possible"
- 24 Jul 06:00 ESPANYOL, Stuani: "I am happy here"
- 24 Jul 00:00 INTER, Botta's agent: "Many clubs are interested"
- 23 Jul 23:37 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Waiting for Eto'o's answer
- 23 Jul 23:17 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Newell's sign Scocco
Hired back by Juventus on a full basis from Udinese last June, Chilean international right backwing and midfielder Mauricio Isla (26), tracked by Inter and Lazio, as well as possibly used in a swap with Fiorentina involving Stevan Savic, has become an item of interest for...
FC Internazionale is delighted to welcome Claire Lewis to the team as Marketing Director. Lewis joins Inter from Apple having previously worked...
Interviewed by El Pais, Sevilla 27-year-old forward Carlos Bacca has declared: "Moving to a different league? Thank God, I am very happy in...
Interviewed by The Sun, Tottenham forward Erik Lamela has declared: "Leaving Tottenham never once entered my mind, not even when I was...
Interviewed by the Ruhr Nachrichten, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has declared: "Reus will remain with us, at least for this...
Interviewed by Ovacion Digital, PSG forward Edinson Cavani has declared: "My future? I am happy in Paris, and I really think that I will...