AS ROMA, Press conference with Cangelosi, Ferola and Modica
Source: As Roma
© foto di Alberto Fornasari
Zdenek Zeman's coaching staff were unveiled today at a press conference in Riscone di Brunico. Vincenzo Cangelosi (assistant coach), Roberto Ferola (fitness coach) and Giacomo Modica (first team technical collaborator) answered the questions of the waiting media.
Vincenzo Cangelosi: "I started working with Zeman in 1989 at Foggia and I've been with him ever since, apart from the year he spent working in Turkey. I couldn't go for family reasons."
Roberto Ferola: "My first experience in professional football began in 1988 when I worked under Giuseppe Materazzi at Lazio and I stayed for many years in the capital. When Zeman was at Roma I was at Modena, after which I've followed him wherever he's been. Last season I was at Pescara."
Giacomo Modica: "I had Zeman as a coach when I was a player, beginning with the Palermo Primavera side. I then moved to Licata and Messina. In 2000 when I stopped playing, I began working with him in Turkey, before following him to Salerno, Napoli, Avellino and Brescia. We spent 6 years apart and now I'm lucky enough to be back with him at Roma."
Any work in training - be it fitness exercies, or relating to technique or tactics - is always prepared by Zeman himself. We carry out his instructions, our programme goes hand in hand with what the coach asks of the players on the pitch. What we'll do over the coming days is some basic work to bring all the players up the same fitness levels, to create the basis upon which the coach can work week to week. We do have a standard way of working, but we can alter things depending on the circumstances, as happened with the rain this morning. When will we begin ball-work in training? We start later this afternoon.
It makes sense that the fitness work is geared towards our commitments in the USA, beginning on 22 July. Although they are all friendlies, we'll still take them seriously. We are AS Roma, we're a big club. The second part of training camp? The club are working on that and will release the dates as soon as they are finalised.
We're going to analyse our work over the whole period, rather than looking at it as two phases. We will almost always have double training sessions, with fitness work in the morning and tactics and technical work in the afternoon. As time wears on we will also intensify our fitness work. The work we're doing now aims to give the lads a fitness level which will see them through the entire season. We prioritise exercises using bodyweight rather than work in the gym. We want to avoid too much machine work in the gym. Totti? He's more mature after 13 years, but he certainly hasn't lost his enjoyment of the game. How is he physically? He's ready to train and that's the most important thing.
The nutritional programme has been developed with Doctor Angelini. The players eat very well, in moderation, and with a balanced diet which is tailor-made for professional athletes. We've done tests to check the constitution of each player. The players have their choice of vegetables, a starter, main, and fruit. The food will vary during the day, to ensure a balanced diet that is in line with the work done on the training ground.
The players are very fit. Before the start of the season we gave them each an individual work-out plan and we can tell they all followed it. They are real professionals. Were some players fitter than others? It's only the second day, it's too early to say.
We shouldn't talk in terms of risks when it comes to pre-season training but in terms of adaptation. Every player will need to adapt to the workload required of them, that's absolutely normal. Of course the players do have a few physical complaints here and there, but again that's normal. There are no risks.
Has Zeman changed at all? Fundamentally no, but he has polished a few things. It's not a coincidence that people still say he's a modern coach, even though he started 30 years ago. He always introduces new ideas, thanks to his vast experience. He's a coach who always offers different approaches. What are the differences compared to his first spell at Roma? It's hard to say at the moment, we've only just started.
This period is the same for all the players, regardless of their position. Later the goalkeepers will go and work on specific things. They will still be considered part of the squad, they still need to know how the team moves and will move on the pitch, although they will have their own set area and specific training based on what the coach asks us to work on. Our current goalkeepers in the squad? We'll form an opinion on them once we get to know them better.
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 22 Nov 06:00 GENOA, Kucka: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 21 Nov 16:59 INTER, Thohir: "We're building our five-year business plan"
- 21 Nov 00:00 LAZIO, Biglia: "I am happy here"
- 20 Nov 21:00 AC MILAN, Abbiati: "The best goal in the derby? In my opinion Shevchenko’s in the second leg of the Champions"
- 20 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Ljajic: "I could stay for 10 years"
- 19 Nov 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Bommel: "De Jong? He is almost like me, playing for the team not for himself"
- 19 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "I don't think I will leave in January"
- 18 Nov 00:00 ROMA, Sabatini: "Destro going nowhere"
- 17 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We have refused United's offer for Vidal"
- 16 Nov 06:00 JUVENTUS, Morata: "I don't know if I will rejoin Real"
- 15 Nov 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Happy to welcome back Roberto Mancini"
- 14 Nov 00:00 ROMA, De Sanctis: "Soon a decision about my future"
- 13 Nov 00:00 UDINESE, Widmer: "My future? I am happy here"
- 12 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Callejon: "No offers from Barça and Atletico"
- 11 Nov 00:00 INTER, Kuzmanovic's agent: "We'll make a decision with the club"
- 10 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Optimistic about Lichtsteiner's new contract"
- 08 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Koulibaly's agent: "He wants to stay"
- 07 Nov 17:14 AC MILAN, Berlusconi to the team: "Thank you for the 2-0 win the other evening"
- 07 Nov 10:30 INTER, Kovacic: "We should have done more"
- 07 Nov 06:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "He could move abroad"
- 06 Nov 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "We don't want to sell Vidal"
- 05 Nov 08:00 JUVENTUS, Llorente on 3-2 over Olympiakos: "We showed a great response after their 0-2"
- 05 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Maggio's agent: "No hurry about his new contract"
- 04 Nov 11:29 AC MILAN, Saponara: "Defeat will be a valuable lesson"
- 04 Nov 00:00 NAPOLI, Albiol's brother: "His future is here"
- 03 Nov 00:00 INTER, Fassone: "Rolando can come back"
- 01 Nov 00:00 PARMA, Leonardi: "In January we'll be attentive on the market"
- 31 Oct 06:00 AC MILAN, Torres: "Leaving Chelsea was my choice"
- 30 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "The new contract? I'm happy here"
- 29 Oct 07:39 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Happy for Tevez's return to Argentinian NT and Pogba's Ballon d'Or nomination"
- 28 Oct 06:00 NAPOLI, Higuain's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 24 Oct 19:31 JUVENTUS, Asamoah eager for return to winning ways
- 24 Oct 00:00 PARMA, De Ceglie's agent: "Here on permanent basis? We'll see"
- 23 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Rafael's agent: "He is happy in Naples"
- 22 Oct 00:00 INTER, Obi's agent turns out transfer rumors
- 21 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Nainggolan: "My future? I evaluate year by year"
- 20 Oct 13:45 AC MILAN, El Shaarawy: "I left the pitch angrily because I knew I could have played better"
- 20 Oct 00:00 SASSUOLO, Zaza: "I know that Juve are observing me"
- 19 Oct 06:00 ROMA, Paredes: "Here for a long time"
- 18 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal will stay"
- 17 Oct 16:30 JUVENTUS, Allegri: "Vidal won’t be in the squad because he played two 90-minute matches for Chile"
- 17 Oct 00:00 INTER, Kovacic: "I will remain for a long time"
- 16 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani's agent: "No news about his new contract"
- 15 Oct 18:05 AC MILAN, Essien: "I am often in touch with Mourinho"
- 15 Oct 14:59 INTER, Ausilio: "We've analysed the problems without shame or fear"
- 14 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Rabiot? We admire the skilled players"
- 13 Oct 18:22 AC MILAN, Saponara: "It was a bad injury and it scared me a lot"
- 13 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "I don't want to leave"
- 12 Oct 00:00 ROMA, Keita: "I came here to win"
- 11 Oct 00:00 JUVENTUS, Giovinco: "My future? At the end of the season we'll see"
- 10 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Jorginho's agent: "He wants to stay for 10 more years"
- 08 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Inler's agent: "Remaining was his decision"
- 07 Oct 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mazzarri is confirmed. We will reinforce our team"
- 06 Oct 10:32 INTER, Mazzarri: "Little to be said, we'll solve our problems"
- 06 Oct 09:25 INTER, Ausilio: "This isn't the real Inter. We'll come through this together"
- 06 Oct 00:00 FIORENTINA, Cuadrado: "The new contract? Ask my agent"
- 05 Oct 00:00 MILAN, Abbiati: "I won't retire at the end of the season"
- 04 Oct 00:00 NAPOLI, Hamsik's agent: "At the monent he is happy in Naples"
- 03 Oct 00:00 UDINESE, Heurtaux: "I am happy here"
- 02 Oct 00:00 INTER, Icardi: "My new contract? Ask my agent"
- 01 Oct 00:00 SAMPDORIA, Gabbiadini's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 30 Sep 13:32 JUVENTUS, Morata:"Madrid didn't believe in me"
- 30 Sep 00:00 INTER, Osvaldo: "I would like to remain"
- 29 Sep 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No hurry about Kovacic and Icardi's renewal"
- 28 Sep 06:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Totti here for a long time"
- 27 Sep 00:00 PALERMO, Vazquez: "I will end my career at Belgrano"
- 26 Sep 00:00 NAPOLI, Higuain: "This is a great place to play football"
- 25 Sep 18:22 INTER, Erick Thohir meets Barbara Berlusconi
- 25 Sep 00:00 ATALANTA, Baselli's agent: "Inter? Could be"
- 24 Sep 11:28 AC MILAN, Inzaghi: "Torres had a good match. He hadn’t played 90 minutes for a long time"
- 22 Sep 07:59 JUVENTUS, Pereyra: "Good performance, but I need to improve defensively"
- 22 Sep 00:00 ROMA, Baldissoni: "Strootman is not for sale"
- 21 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Tevez: "Inter have done well on the transfar market"
- 19 Sep 17:00 EUROPA LEAGUE Day After - NAPOLI, Mertens after the double score: "A crucial night both for the team and me"
- 18 Sep 10:44 As ROMA , Gervinho about Champions: "We can go a long way"
- 18 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Aquilani: "My new contract? Not yet"
- 17 Sep 13:41 AC MILAN, Barbara Berlusconi is expected to make a visit at the Milanello
- 17 Sep 00:00 JUVENTUS, Pogba: "Soon a meeting for my new contract"
- 16 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Pasqual: "Many clubs after me"
- 15 Sep 08:17 AC MILAN, Menez: "Scoring goals is pleasing, this side deserves more"
- 12 Sep 18:14 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Focused on Empoli, not thinking about Champions"
- 12 Sep 18:00 AC MILAN, Van Ginkel: "I am happy to be here at Milanello"
- 12 Sep 00:00 VERONA, Sorensen: "I would like to remain"
- 11 Sep 18:15 AC MILAN, Jack Bonaventura introduces himself: "Excited about being here, I got a warm welcome. I'm in good shape"
- 11 Sep 15:58 AC MILAN, Bonaventura: "The last day of the transfer market was surreal"
- 11 Sep 00:00 INTER, Guarin: "I have remained, now it's up to me"
- 10 Sep 18:30 AC MILAN, Diego Lopez : "We are working well with Inzaghi"
- 09 Sep 18:45 AS ROMA, Iturbe: "Garcia decisive for my arrival"
- 09 Sep 00:00 FIORENTINA, Fernandez: "Too early to join Colo Colo"
- 08 Sep 06:00 AS ROMA, Garcia: "Nothing going on with Rabiot"
- 06 Sep 01:00 JUVENTUS, Barzagli says that they cannot compete financially with the continent's top teams
- 05 Sep 14:31 AC MILAN, Montolivo: "I feel good, but the bone needs time to heal"
- 04 Sep 14:59 AC MILAN, Torres' first press conference as a Rossoneri player: "I want to be part of this club's history"
- 02 Sep 15:01 AS ROMA, Balzaretti about the injury: "I feel bad for my team-mates, I feel guilty"
- 30 Aug 01:23 AC MILAN, Abate: "We must win back our fans with desire and humility"
- 29 Aug 19:48 AS ROMA, Garcia: "My players are hungry for success"
- 29 Aug 10:59 INTER, Icardi: "We started strong, that's what the gaffer wanted"
- 29 Aug 10:36 INTER, Kovacic: "I'll play wherever the coach wants me"
- 29 Aug 00:00 TORINO, Cairo: "Cerci won't join AC Milan"
- 28 Aug 00:00 AC MILAN, Rami: "I won't join Monaco"
- 23 Nov 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger after United failure: "We dominated for most of the game"
- 22 Nov 23:00 SPAIN/ GRANADA, Price is set on Buonanotte's hireback: Pachuca ready
- 22 Nov 22:00 SPAIN/ ATHLETIC BILBAO, Attempt for signing Monreal from Arsenal failed
- 22 Nov 21:00 ITALY/ LAZIO, Approaching Doria
- 22 Nov 20:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA JUNIORS, Willing to sign Orbán
- 22 Nov 19:00 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING BRAGA, Keen on Avelar
- 22 Nov 18:00 RUSSIA/ SPARTAK MOSCOW, Eyes on Rolando
- 22 Nov 17:00 ITALY/ UDINESE, Boufal on target
- 22 Nov 16:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Survey on Cristante
- 22 Nov 15:00 ENGLAND/ QPR, Kalas hard to get
- 22 Nov 14:00 ITALY/ INTER, AC Milan challenged on signing Okaka
- 22 Nov 09:00 PORTUGAL/ SPORTING, Still keem on Odegaard
- 22 Nov 08:30 BRAZIL/ GREMIO, Also Napoli after Walace
- 22 Nov 07:57 FRANCE/ GUINGAMP, Toivonen recovers
- 22 Nov 07:27 BORUSSIA, Klopp: "Only the Premier League attracts me"
- 22 Nov 06:59 SWANSEA, Monk: "We are seeking a forward"
- 22 Nov 06:29 ATLETICO M., Moyà: "Oblak is our future"
- 22 Nov 06:00 GENOA, Kucka: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 22 Nov 00:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Survey on Tolgay Arslan
- 21 Nov 23:27 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Still keen on Darmian
- 21 Nov 22:57 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Also United after Perez
- 21 Nov 22:29 ITALY/ JUVE, Keen on Kaya
- 21 Nov 21:59 SPAIN/ CELTA, Krohn-Dehli could leave
- 21 Nov 21:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Benitez's future still uncertain
- 21 Nov 21:00 GERMANY/ BAYER, Jurčenko set to leave
- 21 Nov 20:37 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Vangioni likely to join
- 21 Nov 20:17 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Also Vieirinha on the wishlist
- 21 Nov 19:59 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Offer to Odegaard
- 21 Nov 19:39 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Contacts for Donati
- 21 Nov 19:14 ITALY/ ROMA, 7 millions for Ponce
- 21 Nov 19:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Sacchi: "Ancelotti has done a great job at Madrid"
- 21 Nov 18:44 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Garcia: "Castan? We need to give him time to recover"
- 21 Nov 18:30 ENGLAND/ NEWCASTLE, Also Schalke tracking Aarons
- 21 Nov 18:14 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Cech's agent: "Few options, difficult to leave in January"
- 21 Nov 18:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Borini could be the key for the purchase of Altidore
- 21 Nov 17:45 ITAL/ JUVE, Allegri:"Lazio could hurt us"
- 21 Nov 17:32 FRANCE/ PSG, Ibrahimovic:" I'm not 100 per cent yet"
- 21 Nov 17:15 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Balotelli insists he will be a top player despite slow start
- 21 Nov 16:59 INTER, Thohir: "We're building our five-year business plan"
- 21 Nov 16:44 ITALY/ INTER, Guarin: "Mancini?I really admire him as a coach"
- 21 Nov 16:31 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Bale: "Ronaldo makes me a better player"
- 21 Nov 16:15 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Bartomeu: "Leo is happy at Barca"
- 21 Nov 15:59 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA; Mourinho dismisses talk of Petr Cech leaving Blues
- 21 Nov 15:44 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Rodgers reveals Sturridge woe
- 21 Nov 15:25 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Luer joins Hull City
- 21 Nov 15:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "I tried to sign Messi"
- 21 Nov 14:30 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Eyes on Halimi
- 21 Nov 14:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA M., Keen on Schonbachler
- 21 Nov 13:30 ENGLAND/ QPR, started the trade for Pablo Alvarez
- 21 Nov 13:00 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Birmingham, Guy Moussi sign for 2 months
Commenting upon Arsenal's defeat suffered from Manchester United, Gunners manager Arsène Wenger stated: "It’s a game that we dominated for 80 per cent of the time, and we haven’t dominated a game like that against Manchester United for a long time. At
Interviewed by TMW, Genoa midfielder Juraj Kucka has declared: "I am not thinking about the transfer market of similar things, I enjoy the positi
Atletico Madrid 30-year-old goalkeeper Miguel Ángel Moyà has declared about his young back up Jan Oblak: "He has great qualities, i
Commenting upon Arsenal's defeat suffered from Manchester United, Gunners manager Arsène Wenger stated: "It’s a game that we dom
Interviewed by TMW, Donato Di Campli, agent of PSG midfielder Marco Verratti, has declared: "He is upset because of his injury, he has come to wa
Interviewed by BT Sport, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has declared: "In addition to Germany, only England attracts me from a football poi