LIVERPOOL, Rodgers' letter to supporters
03.08.2012 17.00 by TM W
© foto di imago sportfotodienst
Brendan Rodgers has written the following letter to supporters who made the long and arduous journey to Belarus for our Europa League qualifier against Gomel:
I want to say a sincere thank-you for making the effort to come to Gomel last night to support us in our first competitive match of the season.
The players and I are fully aware of the trials and tribulations surrounding travel for games; in particular, the costs, the necessity for visas and the transportation issues involved with this trip, so we wanted to let you know that your efforts are greatly appreciated.
It was a privilege to acknowledge your support on the evening at the ground, as we did following the full-time whistle, but I wanted to reiterate our thanks with this brief message.
It was a special night for me personally and it was great to see you in the stadium and in great voice; you made me proud and you made the players proud. You are an integral part of this team.
Both last night in Belarus and on the club's tour to North America, I am continually humbled by the passion and commitment you show in supporting the team. We will never take you for granted.
I look forward to seeing and hearing you across the continent and at home as we progress through this competition.
Thank you again.
You'll Never Walk Alone
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Premier League (England)
- 16 Apr 12:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Podolski: "Fantastic finisher and my main wide player"
- 16 Apr 09:30 ARSENAL, Giroud: "The team need me to score a lot in the last 4 Premier games"
- 16 Apr 06:19 SUNDERLAND, Poyer: "I won't resign, but.."
- 15 Apr 14:45 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Our quality makes me think we can finish in the top four"
- 15 Apr 13:00 ARSENAL v WEST HAM, Preview - Wenger: "Ramsey and the Ox might not make it"
- 15 Apr 11:00 ARSENAL v WEST HAM, Preview - Wenger: "Qualifying for next Champions League is vital for us"
- 15 Apr 10:14 MANCHESTER CITY, Dzeko: "Title fight will go to the wire"
- 15 Apr 06:15 TOTTENHAM, Eriksen: "My future? I have a secret plan.."
- 14 Apr 12:45 ARSENAL, Podolski: "Winning FA Cup would be ok, but not qualifying for Champions would be really bad"
- 13 Apr 23:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "Fabianski holds the main credit for our victory"
- 13 Apr 16:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We won by spirit and nerve"
- 13 Apr 12:00 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Demba Ba: "I'll leave in June. I'd like to play in PSG"
- 13 Apr 09:00 ARSENAL, Rosicky: "Some of us don't know how it feels to lift a trophy. We can't hide behind injuries"
- 12 Apr 11:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "The squad need to win a trophy"
- 12 Apr 09:00 ARSENAL, Giroud: "We want to win FA Cup for our fans"
- 11 Apr 23:57 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers:"We are enjoying it and the players are very focused"
- 11 Apr 06:15 EVERTON, Lukaku: "My future? I have a contract with Chelsea"
- 10 Apr 16:32 MANCHESTER UTD, Fletcher accepts United fight
- 10 Apr 06:19 SWANSEA, William's agent: "Ready to talk with Napoli"
- 09 Apr 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Ramirez's agent: "He could move back to Italy"
- 08 Apr 14:44 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "We have experience in getting into the top four of course"
- 08 Apr 06:19 SUNDERLAND, Poyet: "I am not going to walk away"
- 07 Apr 14:30 LIVERPOOL, Ayre: "Suarez wants to stay and win Champions League for Reds"
- 07 Apr 06:15 STOKE CITY, Assaidi: "My future remains uncertain"
- 06 Apr 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "PSG? If my wife asks me to.."
- 05 Apr 13:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "Everton's full backs have massive attacking potential"
- 05 Apr 11:00 LIVERPOOL, Iago Aspas: "I need to move to a club which believe in me"
- 05 Apr 08:00 ARSENAL, Wenger again on Ramsey: "He is a bit Lampardish"
- 05 Apr 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Torres going nowhere"
- 04 Apr 19:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on Ramsey: "Great to have him back. We suffered a lot from injuries"
- 04 Apr 13:45 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Defeating Everton will mean making a distance from them"
- 04 Apr 06:15 EVERTON, Lukaku's agent: "
- 03 Apr 20:00 ARSENAL, Wenger on injuries: "Ramsey might be back against Everton"
- 03 Apr 13:45 ARSENAL, Gnabry: "Very happy for this season, around all these top players"
- 03 Apr 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Kaboul: "I am not joining Arsenal"
- 02 Apr 06:15 ARSENAL, Vermaelen: "We want Wenger to stay"
- 01 Apr 06:15 SOUTHAMPTON, Shaw: "I'm not thinking about the transfer market"
- 31 Mar 17:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We went through a terrible storm, and we showed courage"
- 31 Mar 06:15 NEWCASTLE, Debuchy: "PSG? We'll see.."
- 30 Mar 07:29 MAN. CITY, Silva: "Barça? I am happy here"
- 29 Mar 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "My future? I have given my word.."
- 28 Mar 12:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on Gunners crisis: "There's still a lot of turning games before the season ends"
- 28 Mar 11:00 NEW YORK RED BULLS, Arsenal legend Thierry Henry: "I'm excited for playing friendly match against Gunners"
- 28 Mar 09:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Ramsey is progressing in recovering"
- 28 Mar 06:15 ASTON VILLA, Benteke's agent: "Too early to talk about the future"
- 27 Mar 18:30 ARSENAL, Gunners legend Robert Pires says: "I believe in them, but they need another striker to play at Giroud's side"
- 27 Mar 06:15 STOKE CITY, Nzonzi: "I am happy here"
- 26 Mar 16:30 ARSENAL, Flamini: "We want to prove we are a Premier League big one against City"
- 26 Mar 13:45 ARSENAL, Kallstrom: "Finally playing for Gunners is a dream coming true"
- 26 Mar 11:45 MANCHESTER UNITED, Fans turn on Ferguson in Old Trafford directors' box
- 17 Apr 22:39 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Howard renews with Everton
- 17 Apr 22:20 ITALY/ INTER, Duel with Atletico for Hernandez
- 17 Apr 22:00 BELGIUM/ CHARLEROI, Salamone on trial
- 17 Apr 21:37 ITALY/ VERONA, New contract for Toni ready
- 17 Apr 21:17 FRANCE/ OL, Chantome to replace Gonalons
- 17 Apr 20:59 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Also Monaco after Baselli
- 17 Apr 20:39 BRAZIL/ FLUMINENSE, Timbò likely to join
- 17 Apr 20:20 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Eyes on Lucas Rodriguez
- 17 Apr 20:00 GREECE/ APOLLON, Also Chievo after Petropoulos
- 17 Apr 19:45 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Three clubs after Benalouane
- 17 Apr 19:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Pedro Martins will quit Maritimo
- 17 Apr 19:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Gilardino?
- 17 Apr 19:00 ARGENTINA/ BOCA, Three Italian clubs after Colazo
- 17 Apr 18:45 ITALY/ UDINESE, Khazri about to join
- 17 Apr 18:30 AUSTRIA/ RED BULL, Also Stuttgart after Klein
- 17 Apr 18:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Sprint for Elkeson
- 17 Apr 18:00 FRANCE/ MONTPELLIER, Two English clubs after Stambouli
- 17 Apr 17:45 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Also Borussia after Cuadrado
- 17 Apr 17:30 GERMANY/ WERDER BREMEN, In the summer Pavlovic will leave
- 17 Apr 17:13 ITALY/ INTER, Nothing to do for Sagna: he'll sign a 3-year deal with Arsenal
- 17 Apr 17:00 FRANCE/ PDG, Touré the alternative to Pogba
- 17 Apr 16:44 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "Signing my first contract for the club was an emotional moment "
- 17 Apr 16:30 FRANCE/ PSG, Interest for Baselli confirmed
- 17 Apr 16:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Agreement with Lulic
- 17 Apr 16:00 GERMANY/ BAYER, Derdiyok won't stay
- 17 Apr 15:45 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Also Galatasaray after Kavlak
- 17 Apr 15:30 UKRAINE/ OFFICIAL, Rebrov is Dynamo new coach
- 17 Apr 15:15 ITALY/ JUVE, De Girolamo targeted by Juve and Arsenal
- 17 Apr 15:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ochoa: "Playing for AC Milan would be a dream"
- 17 Apr 14:45 BRAZIL/ PALMEIRAS, Offer for Maicon refused
- 17 Apr 14:30 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Duel to Hamburg for Mame Diouf
- 17 Apr 14:15 INTER & GALATASARAY, That's the duel for Lavezzi
- 17 Apr 14:00 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Keen on Carlinhos
- 17 Apr 13:45 GERMANY/ BAYERN MUNICH, Survey on Laporte
- 17 Apr 13:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Draxler's agent message to Arsenal: "Why should he leave such a club?"
- 17 Apr 13:15 ITALY/ GENOA, Eyes on Engels
- 17 Apr 13:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Survey on Hazard junior
- 17 Apr 12:44 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Dinamo Kiev: axed the coach Blokhin
- 17 Apr 12:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Pasalic's agent confirms transfer done
- 17 Apr 12:15 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Plan for signing Gabbiadini on a full basis
- 17 Apr 12:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Abate doubtful on his future
- 17 Apr 11:45 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini admits City were mentally shattered
- 17 Apr 11:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Veteran Wetklo more and more likely to join
- 17 Apr 11:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, In the end Rio Ferdinand might renew
- 17 Apr 11:00 ENGLAND/ FULHAM, Holtby: "NT? Unlikely"
- 17 Apr 10:45 ENGLAND/ FULHAM, Duff announces leaving
- 17 Apr 10:30 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Allardyce observing Giaccherini
- 17 Apr 10:17 FRANCE/ O.M., 4 Serie A rivals towards Bautheac
- 17 Apr 10:05 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UTD, Moyes watches Garay and Mangala in Portugal scouting mission
- 17 Apr 09:56 AC MILAN & MANCHESTER UNITED, Eyes on Kjaer
Speaking to Juventus Members in a live video chat this afternoon in Vinovo, Leonardo Bonucci has stated his intention to write new pages in the already glorious club history books by lifting a third consecutive Scudetto title with Juventus.
Linked up to subscribers to...
Speaking to Juventus Members in a live video chat this afternoon in Vinovo, Leonardo Bonucci has stated his intention to write new pages in the...
Marc Bartra was one of the protagonists in the final of the Copa del Rey. The center back, who scored Barça goal, said “it’s...
Capable to score a double against West Ham, Lukas Podolski is one of the subjects mentioned by Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger during his...
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has declared about 24 year old midfielder Toni Kroos: "Bayern's executives will do all they can to...
Interviewed by globoesporte, PSG defender Alex has declared: "I have always said that I am very happy in Paris and I think that I will...