MANCHESTER UTD, Vidic content with comeback
06.08.2012 17.05 by TM W
Nemanja Vidic was highly satisfied with his return to action after eight months on the sidelines.
United's club captain completed an hour of the Reds' goalless draw with Valerenga in Norway, and he now hopes to be able to kick on and draw a line under the frustration of his ruptured anterior cruciate ligament injury.
"I felt well," the Serbian told MUTV. "After eight months without a game it's obvious that you have to get used to your positioning, and still fitness-wise it's not as hopefully it will be in a few weeks, but I'm pleased. My knee felt well, I felt well and hopefully the next game will be better.
"It was frustrating, but obviously I knew I would be out for six months. I tried to make the best of it, to work hard and when I come back to be the same as I was before the injury. This was my target and we'll see how good a job I did in that six months. It's hard, but it's part of the football career. Any sportsman has the risk of injuries and hopefully this is the past and better days are coming for me."
Vidic admitted that the stalemate at the Ullevaal Stadium was a positive experience in spite of the result, and is now looking forward to next week's meeting with Barcelona in Gothenburg as the Reds' pre-season preparations continue.
"It went well," he said. "Obviously it was the first appearance for a few players, obviously myself as well. It was a good test. Obviously the result was not as we expected but still we had chances we didn't score. I think it was a good game and a really good test for us.
"It [Barcelona] will be a tough game, but obviously it will be a good test for us. We need those games before the league starts. We have to know it's a friendly game and it doesn't count for the trophies and points".
Other news Premier League (England)
- 28 Jul 14:15 BARCELONA FC & MAN. UNITED, Final duel on Cuadrado
- 28 Jul 14:06 ENGLAND/ MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "Back to Italy? We'll see"
- 28 Jul 13:45 BRAZIL/ ATLETICO MINEIRO, Ronaldinho might resign soon
- 28 Jul 13:30 ITALY/ LAZIO, Back for De Maio if De Vrij doesn't join
- 28 Jul 13:15 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL,Wenger happy to take £11m gamble on Chambers
- 28 Jul 13:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - New Napoli-Kramer contact
- 28 Jul 12:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Suggestion for Quintero
- 28 Jul 12:43 ARSENAL on Twitter, Colombian goalkeeper Ospina in his new Gunnner kit
- 28 Jul 12:31 GERMANY/ EINTRACHT FRANKFURT, This is Valdez day
- 28 Jul 12:14 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Dani Alves wants to stay despite Cuadrado
- 28 Jul 12:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Miranda the alternative to Marquinhos
- 28 Jul 11:49 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL. £8.5m move for Loic Remy was 'unfortunate'
- 28 Jul 11:44 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini: "Jovetic staying with City"
- 28 Jul 11:30 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Atletico Madrid agree with Real Sociedad for Griezmann
- 28 Jul 11:14 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Torino: arrive Rizzo and Monni
- 28 Jul 10:58 TURKEY/ BESIKTAS, Tracking Basa
- 28 Jul 10:41 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Di Maria keen to join United
- 28 Jul 10:29 GERMANY/ WOLFSBURG, Lukaku is the first target
- 28 Jul 10:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Also Eriksen on the wishlist
- 28 Jul 10:00 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Fariña joins Depor
- 28 Jul 09:45 ITALY/ ATALANTA, Idea Gargano
- 28 Jul 09:30 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Eyes on Rodriguez
- 28 Jul 09:15 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, Idea Clasie
- 28 Jul 09:00 ITALY/ NAPOLI, New chance for Suarez
- 28 Jul 08:30 PORTUGAL/ BRAGA, Ghilas likely to join
- 28 Jul 07:57 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Roncaglia injured
- 28 Jul 07:27 OM, Ayew's agent: "He could move to Italy soon"
- 28 Jul 06:59 BAYERN, Rummenigge: "Guardiola will stay at least until 2016"
- 28 Jul 06:29 ATLETICO, Simeone: "Griezmann could help our team"
- 28 Jul 06:00 INTER, Campagnaro: "I have one year on my contract, we'll see.."
- 28 Jul 00:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Ospina will provide us a great improvement"
- 27 Jul 23:27 ITALY/ ROMA, Price for Ljajic is set
- 27 Jul 22:57 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Celta sign Rioja
- 27 Jul 22:29 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Liverpool sign Lovren
- 27 Jul 21:59 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Also Fiorentina after Jonas
- 27 Jul 21:30 SWITZERLAND/ BASEL, Auction for Schär
- 27 Jul 21:00 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Eyes on Manolas
- 27 Jul 20:27 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Offer for Rojo ready
- 27 Jul 19:57 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New meeting for Romulo
- 27 Jul 19:29 FRANCE/ PSG, Two Spanish clubs after Chantome
- 27 Jul 18:59 GERMANY/ WERDER, Eyes on Prödl
- 27 Jul 18:30 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Isco towards Manchester City
- 27 Jul 18:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Still keen on Criscito
- 27 Jul 17:27 PORTUGAL/ FC PORTO, José Angel about to join
- 27 Jul 16:57 ITALY/ GENOA, Idea Babacar
- 27 Jul 16:29 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, Estudiantes sign Navarro
- 27 Jul 15:59 ITALY/ LAZIO, Juve's offer for Candreva refused
- 27 Jul 15:30 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Done for Vietto
- 27 Jul 15:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Auction for Ogbonna
- 27 Jul 14:27 ITALY/ VERONA, Idea Sorensen
Still set to leave Fiorentina on a full basis, Colombian international winger Juan Guillermo Cuadrado (26) is going to be contended by Barcelona FC and Manchester United, while Arsenal and Bayern Munich seem to observe the situation from a farther distance. According to El Mundo
Interviewed by Cuatro TV, Inter Milan defender Hugo Armando Campagnaro has declared: "Roma? I don't know, I have one more year on my contract
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone has declared about Real Sociedad 23-year-old winger Antoine Griezmann: "He is a good player, very fast. He co
Here he is! Colombian goalkeeper @D_Ospina1 in his new #Arsenal kit. More pictures: http://t.co/jWQoPgnSYi pic.twitter.com/m33jxG4wQT
Interviewed by Sky Sport, Federico Pastorello, agent of OM 24-year-old forward André Ayew, has declared: "We are talking about a good play