JUVENTUS, Marchisio: â€śHungry for successâ€ť
08.08.2012 13.59 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Claudio Marchisio has vowed to lift Juventus to victory in Saturday’s Super Cup clash with Napoli. The 26-year-old, whose nine strikes from midfield signalled his best goalscoring return since breaking into the first-team, believes the Bianconeri will burst out the traps when they lock horns with Walter Mazzarri’s men in Beijing.
Speaking at a press conference from the team’s base in China, Marchisio said: “We need to show we’re the strongest in our game against Napoli. We’re playing for the first trophy of the season, we’re the reigning champions and we want to display that on the pitch. Juventus are always hungry for success.”
The boyhood Bianconeri fan moved quickly to refute suggestions that playing in finals is only a worthwhile exercise for the side that emerges victorious.
“Some say that it would be better not to get to the final in the first place than to lose it, but I don’t agree with that. These games help a player grow and allow you to learn how to face similar fixtures in the future. There isn’t a favourite, two great teams will face each other and the side with the most hunger will emerge victorious.”
Saturday’s encounter at Beijing’s Olympic Stadium will be the first time Conte’s men have faced Napoli since a 2-0 defeat in May’s Coppa Italia final. Marchisio is fully aware of the strength possessed by the Partenopei, but thinks the opposition will be equally as fearful of a ravenous Juventus.
“They’ve developed greatly over the last few years and have made quality purchases. However, we’re the reigning champions and they’re also aware they’ll be facing a tough team who want to continue winning.”
There have been whispers that current off-field events might disrupt the Bianconeri’s Super Cup preparations, yet the midfielder insists all sights remain fixed on avenging May’s defeat.
“We’re just thinking about the game. We’ve got thick skin and seeing the manager so focused can only rub off on us. We’re not affected by events going on around us, if anything it gives us a boost to do well.”
The discussion then moved to the club’s work in the transfer market, prompting Marchisio to praise the new signings who have the unenviable task of battling for a place in one of the best midfields in Europe.
“We required fresh impetus. The club has done extremely well to bring in important players like Asamoah and Isla, who contributed to Udinese’s success over the past few years.
“Di Natale spoke very highly of Asamoah while we were on international duty. Asa’s a great lad, besides being a versatile and precise footballer.
“The manager has tried him as an inside midfielder during the friendlies and he did well, but he can also play on the flank.”
This summer’s transfer business has also brought the return of Sebastian Giovinco. The diminutive frontman is back in Turin after a two-year stint at Parma, and Claudio can’t wait to play alongside his close friend.
“Giovinco has immediately settled in brilliantly, I had no doubt he would. He’s matured, the years go by and he’s been able to get on with his football and show his worth at Parma. I was with him on international duty and on holiday and I know he wants to do the same here.”
Many players have expressed their surprise and delight at the incredible reception they have been afforded since touching down in Beijing. And Marchisio believes it demonstrates exactly how highly Juventus are regarded on a global scale.
“It’s a sign of how important Juventus are across the world. We can only thank all our Chinese fans who follow us and wait in the hotel for an autograph or photo.
“The Spanish and English leagues are probably more popular here, but Italian football isn’t inferior, our run in the European Championships proves just that.”
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 24 Apr 19:19 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Palermo, a new suitor for RISPOLI
- 24 Apr 17:02 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa offer veteran defender BURDISSO an extension
- 24 Apr 12:07 FIORENTINA top brass confirm ASTORI
- 24 Apr 10:48 FIORENTINA keen on Torino young captain BENASSI
- 21 Apr 15:12 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Premier League inquiries on Torino goalie PADELLI
- 21 Apr 13:01 SASSUOLO, Pellegrini's agent: "I don't expect AS Roma to bring him back. Many clubs on him"
- 21 Apr 10:04 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Atalanta line out CORNELIUS' signing from Copenhagen
- 20 Apr 17:20 INTER MILAN - Medel likely to pen a deal extension
- 19 Apr 22:02 INTER MILAN meet Sassuolo for talks on several players
- 19 Apr 17:44 LAZIO keen on young Turkish striker Enes Ăśnal
- 19 Apr 15:34 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 2 Russian club keen on Lazio loanee MAURICIO
- 19 Apr 09:44 SAMPDORIA, Torreira's agent: "AS Roma and Sevilla on him. He's worth â‚¬15m"
- 19 Apr 01:19 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Spolli about to be signed by Chievo on a new deal
- 18 Apr 23:32 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Atalanta scouting Cagliari loanee CRAGNO
- 18 Apr 22:13 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Palermo, 2 suitors for RISPOLI
- 18 Apr 18:26 FIORENTINA willing to confirm VECINO
- 18 Apr 13:22 NAPOLI coming to terms on exit clause with MERTENS
- 18 Apr 09:21 TORINO - Padelli between Inter Milan and renewal
- 16 Apr 19:34 OFFICIAL - Udinese sign JANKTO on a new contract
- 16 Apr 00:03 SAMPDORIA - One more top club pursuing SKRINIAR
- 15 Apr 15:45 SASSUOLO set fee on Crotone loanee FALCINELLI: Torino on alert
- 14 Apr 22:12 FIORENTINA, Gonzalo RODRIGUEZ's agent: "No talks with AS Roma, there are other clubs"
- 14 Apr 19:20 INTER MILAN, Gabigol's agent: "He'll leave, if he isn't granted he'll play. Clubs all around keen on him"
- 14 Apr 09:46 SAMPDORIA - More top clubs keen on SCHICK. Juventus getting the lead
- 14 Apr 00:05 EMPOLI chief executive suggests Napoli to sign DIOUSSE
- 13 Apr 20:35 BOLOGNA - Eyes on PALOSCHI
- 13 Apr 18:19 LAZIO - One more suitor for DJORDJEVIC
- 13 Apr 13:02 FIORENTINA, Tello's agent: "He's fine where he is. There are other clubs keen on him"
- 12 Apr 20:45 LAZIO - Plan for signing El Papu GOMEZ from Atalanta
- 12 Apr 18:39 UDINESE, Jankto: "I'd like to play outside Italy, in the future"
- 11 Apr 19:33 SASSUOLO ask Fiorentina BABACAR for letting Di Francesco out
- 11 Apr 17:17 OFFICIAL - Palermo: manager sacked, chief executive leave. BORTOLUZZI is the new head coach
- 11 Apr 15:54 NAPOLI set fee on DuvĂˇn ZAPATA. Many suitors on Udinese loanee
- 11 Apr 08:38 LAZIO - Hoedt agrees on a new long-term
- 10 Apr 20:49 OFFICIAL - Lazio sign young midfielder MURGIA on a new deal
- 10 Apr 14:55 CAGLIARI - A Turkish suitor for DI GENNARO
- 10 Apr 14:07 OFFICIAL - Ivan JURIC back managing Genoa
- 09 Apr 17:56 FIORENTINA - Pioli as a backup plan if Di Francesco doesn't join
- 09 Apr 12:47 UDINESE willing to bring ARIAUDO back to Serie A
- 08 Apr 17:03 LAZIO, Immobile's agent: "He feels people trust him here. A move to Napoli? No way"
- 07 Apr 14:00 OFFICIAL - Inter Milan sign D'AMBROSIO on a new long-term
- 07 Apr 09:54 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Prandelli might become next Sassuolo manager. Two more names
- 06 Apr 18:48 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Genoa and Udinese target CECCHERINI
- 06 Apr 11:20 EMPOLI planning to buy BELLUSCI back from Leeds
- 06 Apr 09:54 OFFICIAL - Torino sign captain and veteran MORETTI on a new deal
- 05 Apr 23:26 BOLOGNA tempted to hand Mattia DESTRO out on a full basis
- 05 Apr 12:45 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Sampdoria tracking Croatian 2000-born striker STUPAR
- 05 Apr 11:23 BREAKING NEWS - FIORENTINA offer Eusebio Di Francesco a 3-year deal
- 05 Apr 10:04 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 4 Premier League and 4 Bundesliga top suitors for AC Milan wonderkid IGLIO
- 05 Apr 00:40 JUVENTUS - Newcomer ORSOLINI might be loaned to Pescara
- 04 Apr 22:03 CAGLIARI submit Marco BORRIELLO a new contract offer
- 04 Apr 17:46 JUVENTUS - Third-tier winger MARSURA might be signed and then loaned to a smaller side
- 04 Apr 13:18 INTER MILAN - D'Ambrosio about to be signed on a new deal
- 03 Apr 20:03 FIORENTINA - Babacar set to stay put
- 03 Apr 15:43 AS ROMA, El Shaarawy's agent: "He wants to stay put for long, and just needs to play regularly"
- 03 Apr 09:24 AS ROMA tempted to replace Spalletti with SARRI
- 02 Apr 21:32 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Bologna target AC Milan's Andrea POLI
- 02 Apr 15:09 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Atalanta in talks with Lazio on buying BERISHA back
- 02 Apr 08:16 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Portuguese giants challenge Sampdoria on Bosnian wonderkid HADZIC
- 01 Apr 21:37 SAMPDORIA planning to submit River Plate cash bid for DRIUSSI
- 01 Apr 13:53 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Panathinaikos planning to buy MPOKU back from Chievo
- 01 Apr 08:08 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juventus, MARRONE might stay put in Jupiler League: 2 suitors
- 01 Apr 02:36 JUVENTUS - 3 loan suitors for MANDRAGORA
- 31 Mar 23:26 OFFICIAL - Sampdoria extend deal with Slovakian youngster TOMIC
- 31 Mar 19:28 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 3 Serie A clubs scouting Croatian right-back BARTOLEC
- 31 Mar 17:17 EXCLUSIVE TMW - A new Serie A suitor for Alessio CERCI
- 30 Mar 13:28 SAMPDORIA submit TORREIRA new contract offer
- 30 Mar 09:50 LAZIO - Youngsters LOMBARDI and MURGIA about to be deal-armoured
- 29 Mar 22:35 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Cagliari and Chievo target up-and-coming full-back DICKMANN
- 29 Mar 20:26 EXCLUSIVE TMW - 2 Belgian suitors for Juventus loanee KASTANOS
- 29 Mar 15:17 TORINO - A new suitor for ZAPPACOSTA
- 29 Mar 11:05 OFFICIAL - Torino sign LYANCO from SĂŁo Paulo
- 29 Mar 09:49 LAZIO - Hoedt likely to be signed on a new long-term deal
- 28 Mar 22:05 BOLOGNA - A Serie A top suitor for DI FRANCESCO
- 28 Mar 14:16 FIORENTINA in talks with Sassuolo manager DI FRANCESCO as Sousa replacement
- 28 Mar 01:10 EXCLUSIVE TMW - AC Milan scouting Sassuolo's DUNCAN and PELLEGRINI
- 27 Mar 22:32 FIORENTINA won't buy SALCEDO back from Chivas
- 27 Mar 18:25 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Premier League scouts for 2000-born PORTANOVA
- 26 Mar 12:23 TORINO - Done for LYANCO: 5-year deal to be signed in summer
- 25 Mar 22:33 GENOA - 2 clubs enquiring about SIMEONE
- 24 Mar 22:34 Boniek on SZCZESNY: "He'd like to stay out at AS Roma"
- 24 Mar 18:13 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Fiorentina, suitors for Gonzalo RODRIGUEZ increasing
- 24 Mar 16:00 AS ROMA approaching Rodrigo Caio
- 24 Mar 11:09 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Empoli, 2 suitors for young playmaker DIOUSSE
- 23 Mar 22:23 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Fiorentina target SC Freiburg star SOYUNCU
- 23 Mar 20:12 GENOA & TORINO - 1999-born Franko Kovacevic on target
- 23 Mar 17:21 NAPOLI - Eyes on Cagliari loanee CRAGNO
- 23 Mar 14:28 LAZIO & CHIEVO - Eyes on second-tier goalie LANNI
- 23 Mar 11:43 ATALANTA - 3 Serie A suitors for PALOSCHI
- 23 Mar 09:46 FIORENTINA, Borja Valero's agent: "He turned down China for staying put. But it's up to the club"
- 22 Mar 12:46 TORINO - Duel to Dortmund and 'Gladbach on SOTIRIOU
- 21 Mar 20:50 AC MILAN, Suso's father: "He's focused on recovering and signing a new contract"
- 21 Mar 14:44 SAMPDORIA - More and more clubs interested in talented defender SKRINIAR
- 21 Mar 12:34 SASSUOLO set cash request on BERARDI
- 20 Mar 22:35 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Udinese chairman Soldati: "Keeping ZAPATA? It will be mostly up to Napoli"
- 20 Mar 17:30 NAPOLI, Insigne: "Renewing? If the club make great plans, I'm in. But it takes two to tango"
- 20 Mar 15:15 ATALANTA CEO Percassi: "AS Roma are indeed very interested in KESSIE"
- 20 Mar 09:26 TORINO - Ljajic might enter the departure list
- 18 Mar 18:38 JUVENTUS - Possible MLS future for De Ceglie
- 18 Mar 12:24 EXCLUSIVE TMW - A Serie A tag team scouting River Plate's DRIUSSI
Turning 30 next May 13, Spanish goalkeeper Antonio Adán displayed a great deal of skill and reliability during last two seasons, spent playing for Real Betis Sevilla. To this end, former Real Madrid player, already tracked by Olympique Marseille, and even linked
Scorer of two goals against Lazio yesterday, Italian full-back Andrea Rispoli (28), leaving Palermo next summer, and already tracked by Genoa and Spor
Turning 30 next May 13, Spanish goalkeeper Antonio Adán displayed a great deal of skill and reliability during last two seasons, spen
Since Bologna are in need to pull out some cash from next transfer market session, Italian international winger/forward Simone Verdi (24) might be the
Leaving Olympique Lyon after a whole career spent there so far, incuding development area years, 25-year old midfielder Jordan Ferri, accord
Playing for Empoli as a loanee for the second season in a row, Polish international goalkeeper Lukasz Skorupski (turning 26 next May 5), pos