JUVENTUS, Marchisio: “Hungry for success”
08.08.2012 13.59 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Claudio Marchisio has vowed to lift Juventus to victory in Saturday’s Super Cup clash with Napoli. The 26-year-old, whose nine strikes from midfield signalled his best goalscoring return since breaking into the first-team, believes the Bianconeri will burst out the traps when they lock horns with Walter Mazzarri’s men in Beijing.
Speaking at a press conference from the team’s base in China, Marchisio said: “We need to show we’re the strongest in our game against Napoli. We’re playing for the first trophy of the season, we’re the reigning champions and we want to display that on the pitch. Juventus are always hungry for success.”
The boyhood Bianconeri fan moved quickly to refute suggestions that playing in finals is only a worthwhile exercise for the side that emerges victorious.
“Some say that it would be better not to get to the final in the first place than to lose it, but I don’t agree with that. These games help a player grow and allow you to learn how to face similar fixtures in the future. There isn’t a favourite, two great teams will face each other and the side with the most hunger will emerge victorious.”
Saturday’s encounter at Beijing’s Olympic Stadium will be the first time Conte’s men have faced Napoli since a 2-0 defeat in May’s Coppa Italia final. Marchisio is fully aware of the strength possessed by the Partenopei, but thinks the opposition will be equally as fearful of a ravenous Juventus.
“They’ve developed greatly over the last few years and have made quality purchases. However, we’re the reigning champions and they’re also aware they’ll be facing a tough team who want to continue winning.”
There have been whispers that current off-field events might disrupt the Bianconeri’s Super Cup preparations, yet the midfielder insists all sights remain fixed on avenging May’s defeat.
“We’re just thinking about the game. We’ve got thick skin and seeing the manager so focused can only rub off on us. We’re not affected by events going on around us, if anything it gives us a boost to do well.”
The discussion then moved to the club’s work in the transfer market, prompting Marchisio to praise the new signings who have the unenviable task of battling for a place in one of the best midfields in Europe.
“We required fresh impetus. The club has done extremely well to bring in important players like Asamoah and Isla, who contributed to Udinese’s success over the past few years.
“Di Natale spoke very highly of Asamoah while we were on international duty. Asa’s a great lad, besides being a versatile and precise footballer.
“The manager has tried him as an inside midfielder during the friendlies and he did well, but he can also play on the flank.”
This summer’s transfer business has also brought the return of Sebastian Giovinco. The diminutive frontman is back in Turin after a two-year stint at Parma, and Claudio can’t wait to play alongside his close friend.
“Giovinco has immediately settled in brilliantly, I had no doubt he would. He’s matured, the years go by and he’s been able to get on with his football and show his worth at Parma. I was with him on international duty and on holiday and I know he wants to do the same here.”
Many players have expressed their surprise and delight at the incredible reception they have been afforded since touching down in Beijing. And Marchisio believes it demonstrates exactly how highly Juventus are regarded on a global scale.
“It’s a sign of how important Juventus are across the world. We can only thank all our Chinese fans who follow us and wait in the hotel for an autograph or photo.
“The Spanish and English leagues are probably more popular here, but Italian football isn’t inferior, our run in the European Championships proves just that.”
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 23 Oct 10:35 INTER - New owners to appoint Blanc if De Boer is sacked
- 22 Oct 18:36 FIORENTINA back for SAPONARA
- 21 Oct 23:32 JUVENTUS scouting four 2000-born wonderkids
- 21 Oct 23:03 AC MILAN - Poli: "Proud of my 100 appearances with rossoneri"
- 21 Oct 20:43 JUVENTUS - Eyes on PSG 1999-born DIABY
- 20 Oct 17:43 EMPOLI willing to sign DIONISI from Frosinone in January
- 20 Oct 13:32 AC MILAN- Bonaventura: "I expected to find more chaos"
- 19 Oct 20:37 NAPOLI - Milik already working in the gym, he can recover for January
- 19 Oct 18:03 OFFICIAL - LAZIO sign PAROLO on new contract
- 19 Oct 16:36 OFFICIAL - SAMPDORIA sign PRADE as new executive
- 19 Oct 14:16 LAZIO target young French striker HALLER
- 18 Oct 20:08 GENOA might be back for AC Milan's ZAPATA in January
- 18 Oct 16:44 ATALANTA deny Lazio being interested in PALOSCHI
- 18 Oct 16:01 SAMPDORIA to name Daniele PRADE after city derby
- 18 Oct 07:57 TORINO, Mihajlovic: "We can beat anyone"
- 17 Oct 16:54 AC MILAN - Legendary N° 6 Franco BARESI to have a step forward in top brass
- 17 Oct 14:30 INTER - Icardi: today the club and De Boer will choose if dismiss him as a captain
- 17 Oct 13:02 JUVENTUS keen to keep Neto, he will be Buffon's heir
- 17 Oct 09:57 AC MILAN, Montella: "I can feel the air of Europe now"
- 17 Oct 09:03 INTER MILAN, Ausilio: "We will talk to Icardi before making a decision"
- 16 Oct 15:24 INTER MILAN, Zanetti: "We cannot accept this behaviour from Icardi"
- 16 Oct 09:31 TORINO - Top striker Belotti will have a € 60m buy-out clause
- 15 Oct 23:38 JUVENTUS, Benatia: "We've been clever tonight. We must always show we deserve this club, and this jersey"
- 15 Oct 21:43 JUVENTUS defeat Udinese and take Serie A over (again)
- 15 Oct 20:25 JUVENTUS, Bonucci: "My son is much better. Now let's kill the league"
- 15 Oct 13:01 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "The important is that we have patience"
- 15 Oct 12:07 ROMA, Spalletti: "we must overcome individual errors"
- 14 Oct 19:33 EXCLUSIVE TMW - GOLDANIGA between PALERMO new contract and SAMPDORIA courtship
- 14 Oct 18:31 BOLOGNA - Winter plan for signing PINILLA
- 14 Oct 15:13 LAZIO - Italian international PAROLO about to be signed on a new contract
- 14 Oct 14:07 BOLOGNA - OIKONOMOU might leave on loan in January
- 14 Oct 11:00 REAL MADRID - CR7: "INTER and JUVE wanted me in 2003, but I preferred MAN UNITED"
- 13 Oct 21:53 ATALANTA, challenging Palermo on Peruvian international TRAUCO
- 13 Oct 18:01 INTER MILAN, Santon after summer troubles: "I was reborn after De Boer joined us. Darmian? He'd be welcome"
- 13 Oct 14:44 AC MILAN - Ambrosini as Club Manager
- 13 Oct 10:59 INTER - Brozovic to join the squad back
- 13 Oct 10:24 MILAN - Abate is the new captain
- 12 Oct 20:54 AC MILAN, Montella: "Fabregas in not the right man to replace Montolivo"
- 12 Oct 20:06 JUVENTUS target Alex MERET as a possible heir for Buffon
- 12 Oct 18:24 NAPOLI might challenge INTER MILAN on ALARIO
- 12 Oct 16:53 NAPOLI scouting Leipzig's Yussuf POULSEN
- 12 Oct 15:26 JUVENTUS - Uruguayan talent BENTANCUR to join in January
- 12 Oct 14:42 SAMPDORIA send scouts for Hungarian international KADAR
- 11 Oct 15:44 AC MILAN, Pasalic's agent: "He's not regretting his choice at all. He's in epic shape"
- 11 Oct 15:12 LAZIO - Regaining plan to sign NETO from Juventus
- 11 Oct 13:16 JUVENTUS - Barcelona chiefs scout Juventus defender Lichtsteiner
- 11 Oct 12:59 JUVENTUS - Dybala: "I'd like to reach Higuain's level"
- 10 Oct 18:54 AC MILAN, Suso: "Leaving Liverpool and joining here was the right choice. No role models, but I've always liked Zidane"
- 10 Oct 15:23 AS ROMA - ITURBE more and more likely to leave in January
- 10 Oct 13:55 NAPOLI - Milik's surgery ok, now he will stop for 4-6 months
- 09 Oct 21:33 NAPOLI, Osvaldo's agent: "Pablo decided to leave football"
- 09 Oct 13:04 JUVENTUS - Pjanic: "Everything is easier with Higuain and Dybala"
- 09 Oct 12:31 MILAN - Raiola: "Donnarumma to stay put? The new Chinese owners will decide"
- 09 Oct 09:57 ROMA, Totti: "Real Madrid pushed at all costs for me"
- 09 Oct 09:29 TORINO, Hart: "The decision to leave City was the best one for me"
- 09 Oct 08:09 INTER, Icardi's wife: "Mauro was close to joining REAL MADRID"
- 08 Oct 16:17 INTER MILAN, Joao Mario: "I have to work and improve"
- 08 Oct 08:35 JUVE face defense emergency as Chiellini gets injured as well
- 07 Oct 22:37 Gabigol: "Happy for the first goal, I want to bring INTER to win trophies"
- 07 Oct 19:01 FIORENTINA, Tello: "I made the right choice, I'd have had a hard time at Barça. Staying here might be good for me"
- 06 Oct 17:01 AS ROMA - De Rossi set for 100-cap UEFA honour
- 06 Oct 15:16 JUVENTUS - Medical report on PJACA: no fibula fracture
- 06 Oct 14:32 OFFICIAL - MIRABELLI announced as next AC MILAN sports director
- 05 Oct 20:32 Donnarumma on his future: "I just think about MILAN, then we'll see"
- 05 Oct 14:46 LAZIO - Young Albanian goalie STRAKOSHA soon to sign new long-term contract
- 05 Oct 12:07 JUVENTUS, Lichtsteiner: "I feel no existential crisis"
- 05 Oct 11:40 ROMA, Martina: "Dzeko gained confidence in Serie A"
- 05 Oct 08:17 LAZIO want to put a € 35m buy-out clause in De Vrij's new deal
- 05 Oct 07:49 AC MILAN, Paletta's agent: "He wants to stay put, he dreams of playing for Italy again"
- 04 Oct 21:06 OFFICIAL - INTER goalkeeper Radu extends until 2020
- 04 Oct 18:10 INTER MILAN. Biabiany's agent: "He's requested in Italy, France, England and China"
- 04 Oct 17:13 A new Italian suitor for JUAN VARGAS
- 04 Oct 15:59 UDINESE - Suggestion for JANKOVIC as a free agent
- 03 Oct 18:44 OFFICIAL - Gigi DELNERI back to UDINESE as manager
- 03 Oct 17:56 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Our chairman Agnelli is protecting Italian football as a whole. Allegri's doing a great job"
- 03 Oct 11:28 ROMA, Strootman: "These three points are very important"
- 03 Oct 10:40 INTER MILAN, De Boer: "Defeat not deserved, we were in control"
- 03 Oct 10:12 AC MILAN, Montella: "We need to play with a light touch"
- 02 Oct 11:10 Serie A/ EMPOLI v JUVENTUS, Official Line Ups
- 02 Oct 09:34 LAZIO - De Vrij: "Our best game: we want to go back to Europe"
- 01 Oct 22:22 NAPOLI - 3 new contracts on arrival
- 30 Sep 20:30 NAPOLI - A new suitor for STRINIC, but...
- 30 Sep 19:00 TORINO - 3 Serie A giants on sensation BARRECA. New long-term contract offered
- 30 Sep 15:30 LAZIO - Parolo to be soon signed on a new long-term contract
- 30 Sep 14:15 NAPOLI put maxi-release clause on HYSAJ's new contract
- 30 Sep 13:44 GENOA - Simeone Jr: "I want to become better than my dad, but I have to improve"
- 30 Sep 12:48 INTER - Joao Mario on the way to recover, he might be selected for ROMA
- 30 Sep 10:52 JUVENTUS - Dyabala deal to be extended
- 29 Sep 20:20 AC MILAN - Fassone flies to China for closing club trade
- 29 Sep 16:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - FIFA agent Salvini: "Many Serie A clubs rejected SLIMANI for less than half a million"
- 28 Sep 19:30 LAZIO scouting Greuther Furth's Robert ZULJ
- 28 Sep 13:33 MILAN set to extend wonderkid Donnarumma's contract by the end of February
- 28 Sep 08:05 NAPOLI, Jorginho: "We are not thinking about Higuain"
- 27 Sep 23:27 NAPOLI in deal extension talks with INSIGNE jr.
- 27 Sep 22:57 INTER MILAN - Ausilio approaching MOROSINI harder
- 27 Sep 16:32 INTER MILAN eye Gijón's wonderkid JORGE MERE
- 26 Sep 21:23 NAPOLI - Gabbiadini's agent: "To establish a long-term relationship with the club"
- 26 Sep 20:31 INTER - Zanetti: "We should't give up on Kondogbia"
- 26 Sep 17:44 AS ROMA - Totti's wife Ilary Blasi: "Spalletti acted like a small man"
- 26 Sep 16:45 JUVENTUS - Medical report on ASAMOAH's surgery
- 23 Oct 15:04 PL/ CHELSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED - Official Line Ups
- 23 Oct 14:47 SERIE A / Half Time scores Matchday 9
- 23 Oct 14:41 CHELSEA, Courtois: "Conte put in a new regime"
- 23 Oct 14:16 PL/ MANCHESTER CITY 0-1 SOUTHAMPTON - HT
- 23 Oct 14:13 LIVERPOOL - Insigne's agent keen to enter talks with Reds
- 23 Oct 13:50 MAN CITY - "No truth about Alaba" says Rummenigge
- 23 Oct 13:23 BAYERN MUNICH set to bid £65m for EVERTON star Lukaku
- 23 Oct 12:56 JUVENTUS star Dybala to stay out 10-15 days after thigh injury
- 23 Oct 12:32 PL/ MANCHESTER CITY v SOUTHAMPTON - Official Line Ups
- 23 Oct 12:02 WEST HAM - Bilic: "Dramatic end, our goal is not offide"
- 23 Oct 11:30 JUVENTUS - Allegri: "This incident doesn't have to influence our season
- 23 Oct 11:03 LIVERPOOL - Henderson: "It's too early to speak about the title race"
- 23 Oct 10:35 INTER - New owners to appoint Blanc if De Boer is sacked
- 23 Oct 10:04 BARCELONA - Iniesta injury update: it's the collateral ligament
- 23 Oct 09:32 MAN UNITED - Mourinho: "I'm not a better manager after last bad months at CHELSEA"
- 23 Oct 09:01 MAN UNITED captain Rooney dropped for CHELSEA clash for injury
- 23 Oct 08:34 CHELSEA star Courtois admits to be grateful to Mourinho
- 23 Oct 00:03 ARSENAL target Fiorentina young goalie SATALINO
- 22 Oct 23:34 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL - CICCONE sign new contract for VADUZ
- 22 Oct 23:10 CHELSEA ready to try signing KEANE from Burnley
- 22 Oct 22:23 BOLTON WANDERERS weigh up signing ODEMWINGIE
- 22 Oct 21:51 LIGUE 1/ Full Time scores Matchday 10
- 22 Oct 21:43 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL - ST. GALLEN sign ARATORE on new contract
- 22 Oct 21:40 SERIE A / MILAN 1-0 JUVENTUS - FT
- 22 Oct 21:02 ARSENAL, Lucas Perez: "I don't think OZIL will leave for Real Madrid"
- 22 Oct 20:41 SERIE A / MILAN 0-0 JUVENTUS - HT
- 22 Oct 20:25 LIGA BBVA/ VALENCIA 2-3 BARCELONA - FT
- 22 Oct 20:20 BAYERN MUNICH offer ROBBEN a new contract
- 22 Oct 19:49 BUNDESLIGA/ Fulltime Scores Matchday 8
- 22 Oct 19:48 MILAN v JUVENTUS, Official Line Ups
- 22 Oct 19:41 EVERTON back for GABBIADINI in January
- 22 Oct 19:21 SERIE A / SAMPDORIA 2-1 GENOA - FT
- 22 Oct 19:09 INTER MILAN willing to try KOMPANY winter hit
- 22 Oct 18:36 FIORENTINA back for SAPONARA
- 22 Oct 18:02 LIVERPOOL - Lead over Valencia on INSIGNE
- 22 Oct 17:31 GERRARD says LA GALAXY farewell: "You made me feel like home"
- 22 Oct 17:03 PREMIER LEAGUE - 9 Fiixture Saturday Afternoon Scores
- 22 Oct 16:56 WATFORD, Ighalo's agent: "NAPOLI? Signing him in January would be hard. CHELSEA and UNITED wanted him too"
- 22 Oct 16:22 JUVENTUS want to sign PSG star Thiago Silva on a free transfer
- 22 Oct 15:54 ARSENAL eye Satalino move as long-term replacement
- 22 Oct 15:30 CHELSEA youngster Solanke to pen a new deal
- 22 Oct 15:06 MAN CITY lining up Fabinho move
- 22 Oct 14:54 LIGA BBVA/ VALENCIA v BARCELONA - Official Line Ups
- 22 Oct 14:47 LIGA BBVA/ ESPANYOL 3-3 EIBAR - FT
- 22 Oct 14:40 ARSENAL, Bellerin on BARÇA's interest: "I wouldn't even answer the phone"
- 22 Oct 14:37 PL/ HULL CITY v STOKE CITY, Official Line Ups
- 22 Oct 14:36 PL/ WEST HAM v SUNDERLAND, Official Line Ups
- 22 Oct 14:34 PL/ BURNLEY v EVERTON, Official Line Ups
- 22 Oct 14:32 PL/ SWANSEA v WATFORD, Official Line Ups
- 22 Oct 14:29 PL/ LEICESTER CITY v CRYSTAL PALACE, Official Line Ups
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois believes that new manager Antonio Conte brought in a ‘new regime’ to change the attitude of his squad following the last disappointing season at Stamford Bridge.
“Different managers have different w
According to Italian sources Inter new owners Suning already got in mind the name for the new manager in case Frank de Boer would be sacked after othe
Currently on a deal with Las Palmas until June 2020, Spanish midfielder Vicente Gomez (28), according to Mundo Deportivo, has been targeted by Valenci
According to French media, Olympique Marseille top brass, after having signed Rudi Garcia as their new manager, have targeted 3 names for the mar
FC Köln announced having extended their deal with Japanese winger/forward Yuya Osako (26) until June 2020. Former Munich 1860 and Kashi