JUVENTUS, Marchisio: “Hungry for success”
08.08.2012 12.59 by TM W
© foto di Giuseppe Celeste/Image Sport
Claudio Marchisio has vowed to lift Juventus to victory in Saturday’s Super Cup clash with Napoli. The 26-year-old, whose nine strikes from midfield signalled his best goalscoring return since breaking into the first-team, believes the Bianconeri will burst out the traps when they lock horns with Walter Mazzarri’s men in Beijing.
Speaking at a press conference from the team’s base in China, Marchisio said: “We need to show we’re the strongest in our game against Napoli. We’re playing for the first trophy of the season, we’re the reigning champions and we want to display that on the pitch. Juventus are always hungry for success.”
The boyhood Bianconeri fan moved quickly to refute suggestions that playing in finals is only a worthwhile exercise for the side that emerges victorious.
“Some say that it would be better not to get to the final in the first place than to lose it, but I don’t agree with that. These games help a player grow and allow you to learn how to face similar fixtures in the future. There isn’t a favourite, two great teams will face each other and the side with the most hunger will emerge victorious.”
Saturday’s encounter at Beijing’s Olympic Stadium will be the first time Conte’s men have faced Napoli since a 2-0 defeat in May’s Coppa Italia final. Marchisio is fully aware of the strength possessed by the Partenopei, but thinks the opposition will be equally as fearful of a ravenous Juventus.
“They’ve developed greatly over the last few years and have made quality purchases. However, we’re the reigning champions and they’re also aware they’ll be facing a tough team who want to continue winning.”
There have been whispers that current off-field events might disrupt the Bianconeri’s Super Cup preparations, yet the midfielder insists all sights remain fixed on avenging May’s defeat.
“We’re just thinking about the game. We’ve got thick skin and seeing the manager so focused can only rub off on us. We’re not affected by events going on around us, if anything it gives us a boost to do well.”
The discussion then moved to the club’s work in the transfer market, prompting Marchisio to praise the new signings who have the unenviable task of battling for a place in one of the best midfields in Europe.
“We required fresh impetus. The club has done extremely well to bring in important players like Asamoah and Isla, who contributed to Udinese’s success over the past few years.
“Di Natale spoke very highly of Asamoah while we were on international duty. Asa’s a great lad, besides being a versatile and precise footballer.
“The manager has tried him as an inside midfielder during the friendlies and he did well, but he can also play on the flank.”
This summer’s transfer business has also brought the return of Sebastian Giovinco. The diminutive frontman is back in Turin after a two-year stint at Parma, and Claudio can’t wait to play alongside his close friend.
“Giovinco has immediately settled in brilliantly, I had no doubt he would. He’s matured, the years go by and he’s been able to get on with his football and show his worth at Parma. I was with him on international duty and on holiday and I know he wants to do the same here.”
Many players have expressed their surprise and delight at the incredible reception they have been afforded since touching down in Beijing. And Marchisio believes it demonstrates exactly how highly Juventus are regarded on a global scale.
“It’s a sign of how important Juventus are across the world. We can only thank all our Chinese fans who follow us and wait in the hotel for an autograph or photo.
“The Spanish and English leagues are probably more popular here, but Italian football isn’t inferior, our run in the European Championships proves just that.”
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Serie A ( Italy )
- 07 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I don't want to sell the club"
- 06 Mar 14:27 AC MILAN, Zapata: "Tough match in Udine"
- 06 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "No hurry about Conte's contract"
- 05 Mar 17:00 AC MILAN, Poli: "It was a hard knock but luckily I didn’t lose consciousness"
- 05 Mar 13:31 INTER, Thohir: "Vidic a world-class player"
- 05 Mar 06:00 CAGLIARI, Ibarbo: "I am not thinking about the future"
- 04 Mar 15:32 INTER, Zanetti: "I’m very open and always willing to do my best for this club"
- 04 Mar 10:43 INTER, Juan Jesus suspension: Inter to appeal
- 04 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Real: "I want to stay"
- 03 Mar 00:00 JUVENTUS, Marotta: "Vidal will stay"
- 02 Mar 06:00 INTER, Ausilio: "No meeting with Eto'o"
- 01 Mar 06:00 ROMA, De Rossi: "I would like to play abroad but I love this club"
- 28 Feb 15:55 INTER, Mazzarri: "Zanetti is an important figure even when he doesn't play"
- 28 Feb 09:22 JUVENTUS, Conte: "We've been handed Fiorentina next and we're very relaxed"
- 28 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, Insigne's agent: "He wants to remain as long as possible"
- 27 Feb 17:44 INTER, Rolando: "I chose to come here, even though there were other options"
- 27 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Asamoah's agent: "Soon the new contract"
- 26 Feb 16:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Benitez: "I know Swansea well..."
- 26 Feb 15:45 AC MILAN, Zaccardo: "I think we can do well against Atletico"
- 26 Feb 00:00 INTER, Thohir: "Mourinho back? We have Mazzarri..."
- 25 Feb 16:45 INTER, Guarin: "I’m happy and wouldn’t hesitate to sign with Inter for life"
- 25 Feb 00:00 GENOA, Perin: "Napoli? I am happy here"
- 24 Feb 09:41 JUVENTUS, Caceres: "Hats off to the team"
- 24 Feb 00:00 LAZIO, Klose: "I will talk with the club about my new contract"
- 23 Feb 09:30 INTER, Ausilio: "Zanetti will stay"
- 22 Feb 00:00 JUVENTUS, Vidal: "Honoured of Real's interest, but.."
- 21 Feb 17:00 AC MILAN, Petagna: "We did well against Atletico"
- 21 Feb 10:15 Juventus, Osvaldo: "he squad is eager to continue this European"
- 21 Feb 06:00 VERONA, Romulo: "My future? In June.."
- 20 Feb 19:45 AC MILAN, Balotelli out 10 days
- 20 Feb 16:44 AC MILAN, Emanuelson: "Atletico?We created a lot, we just needed to score”
- 20 Feb 00:00 TORINO, Immobile's agent: "Honoured of Borussia interest"
- 19 Feb 15:15 JUVENTUS, Conte: "All set for Trabzonspor"
- 19 Feb 00:10 INTER, Mazzarri: "I don’t see Thohir being far away as a major problem"
- 18 Feb 12:15 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "Atletico are good, but they don't lack weaknesses"
- 18 Feb 11:09 AC MILAN, De Sciglio: "Arda Turan is the player who impressed me most of all"
- 18 Feb 00:00 NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Next Summer we'll build a winning team"
- 17 Feb 21:15 TURKEY/ TRABZONSPOR, Also Villas-Boas for the bench
- 17 Feb 20:30 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "It's not only about winning, but about how we win"
- 17 Feb 14:15 AC MILAN, Balotelli: "Proud for Simeone appreciating me, but I'm rossonero"
- 17 Feb 10:34 INTER, Thohir: "We continue to move forward as a team"
- 17 Feb 00:00 INTER, Ausilio: "Ranocchia could stay"
- 16 Feb 00:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "The market? We'll talk about it in June"
- 15 Feb 06:00 ESPANYOL, Casilla: "I am not leaving"
- 15 Feb 00:00 LAZIO, Klose's agent: "No agreement for the new contract yet"
- 14 Feb 16:14 JUVENTUS, new problems for Pepe
- 14 Feb 15:43 AS ROMA, Totti underwent medical tests
- 14 Feb 14:00 INTER, Mazzarri: "De Laurentiis. "It's Valentine's Day, perhaps he loves me too much"
- 14 Feb 00:00 ROMA, Garcia: "Training the French NT? In another life..."
- 13 Feb 19:00 AC MILAN, Seedorf: "It’s important to concede few goals in Italy"
- 07 Mar 09:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, One more Italian titan back for Dzeko
- 07 Mar 09:00 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Willing to sign Berardi
- 07 Mar 08:45 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Challenge against Red Devils for Bernat
- 07 Mar 08:30 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Joining the race for Hinteregger
- 07 Mar 08:15 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Keen on Rabiot
- 07 Mar 08:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Tough duel from United from Griezmann
- 07 Mar 07:45 RUSSIA/ OFFICIAL, Manolev joins Kuban Krasnodar
- 07 Mar 07:30 MANCHESTER UNITED & TOTTENHAM, Survey on Paletta
- 07 Mar 07:15 GERMANY/ HAMBURG, Jansen injured
- 07 Mar 07:00 PSG, Menez: "In January I decided to stay, in June.."
- 07 Mar 06:45 WOLFSBURG, Allofs: "We are not after Lasogga"
- 07 Mar 06:30 SUNDERLAND, Alonso: "I am happy here, but.."
- 07 Mar 06:15 BARCELONA, Bartra: "I am ready to become Puyol's heir"
- 07 Mar 06:00 AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "I don't want to sell the club"
- 07 Mar 00:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Suggestion for Dani Alves
- 06 Mar 23:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Possible swap with Fiorentina
- 06 Mar 23:30 FRANCE/ SAINT-ETIENNE, Auction for Ruffier
- 06 Mar 23:15 ITALY/ INTER, Back for Lavezzi
- 06 Mar 23:00 FRANCE/ OM, Gomis to replace Gignac
- 06 Mar 22:45 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Also AC Milan after Coentrao
- 06 Mar 22:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Mascherano
- 06 Mar 22:15 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, Adan renews for Betis
- 06 Mar 22:00 ENGLAND/ SOUTHAMPTON, Mariga unlikely to join
- 06 Mar 21:45 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Lead for Gonalons
- 06 Mar 21:30 ARSENAL & UNITED, One more Italian rival insidious on Cerci business
- 06 Mar 21:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, Keen on Arda Turan
- 06 Mar 21:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Alexis Sanchez might be the key for catching Cavani
- 06 Mar 20:45 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "Chile was a tough opponent for German NT. It's vital for us to get all fit for World Cup"
- 06 Mar 20:30 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Survey on Kovacic: possible duel with city rivals Arsenal and Chelsea
- 06 Mar 20:15 ARGENTINA/ OFFICIAL, José Sand joins Argentinos Juniors
- 06 Mar 20:00 ITALY/ AC MILAN, Survey on Wollscheid
- 06 Mar 19:45 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Cristaldo willing to stay
- 06 Mar 19:30 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, One more Italian suitor for Lamela
- 06 Mar 19:15 ARSENAL, Flamini: "We've been looking for a title song"
- 06 Mar 19:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Duel to German giants for Mustafi
- 06 Mar 18:45 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Attempt for Clichy ready
- 06 Mar 18:30 ENGLAND/ QPR, Club announce big losses
- 06 Mar 18:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Timo Werner extends for Stuttgart
- 06 Mar 18:00 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Paços de Ferreira, 2 Serie A clubs keen on Seri
- 06 Mar 17:45 ARSENAL, Vermaelen on Rosicky: "He's technically almost perfect, I'm happy he renewed"
- 06 Mar 17:30 ITALY/ CHIEVO VERONA, agreement with Aresti until 2017
- 06 Mar 17:15 ENGLAND/ SUNDERLAND, Eyes on Bergessio
- 06 Mar 17:01 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, 200 mlns to Barça and 25 mlns to Messi
- 06 Mar 16:45 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Farfan observed by Galatasaray
- 06 Mar 16:30 ARSENAL, Medical report on Jack Wilshere: 6 weeks out
- 06 Mar 16:15 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Lead over AS Roma on Salih Ucan
- 06 Mar 16:00 ENGLAND/ ASTON VILLA, Tracking Moussa Konate
- 06 Mar 15:51 EXCLUSIVE TMW - Montoya's agent: "Barça is our priority, but Italy would be good for him"
- 06 Mar 15:45 ITALY/ INTER, After Vidic the target is Kagawa
- 06 Mar 15:30 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Survey on Kurzawa
According to latest rumours, AC Milan management are getting more and more determined to sign Spanish Under-21 international left backwing Juan Bernat (21). As highlighted by Daily Mail, Iberian talent is a main item of interest for Manchester United as well. Currently on a...
Interviewed by Sky Sport, AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has declared: "I want to rassure our fans, I have no intention to sell the...
Barcelona defender Marc Bartra has declared: "There has been just one Puyol, and there will be only one. I will miss him a lot, from both a...
Fiorentina left back Marcos Alonso, actually on loan at Sunderland, has declared: "I’m very happy here at the moment, with the...
Interviewed by SPORT1, Wolfsburg Sports Director Klaus Allofs has declared about his club's interest for Hertha Berlin 22 year old forward...
Interviewed by France Bleu 107,1, PSG winger Jeremy Menez has declared: "Leaving during the Winter transfer window was not the ideal...