ARSENAL, Wenger: "We can't afford high salaries"
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared: "We live in the economic reality which other clubs do not. There are some things we cannot afford to do. How much do you want to pay, £250,000 a week? £300,000? We are here to make the players as rich as possible but also to respect our balance sheet. Honestly, I think it is a short-term problem. You cannot imagine the world will go on just splashing money out without any return. When you have lost the standard of living for normal people, and the football world always gets higher and higher, that cannot last because people will not accept it. This is a situation that is a completely brutal reality of professional sport. Van Persie was captain of the team last year and until the last minute of the season he fought like mad. That is professional. It is a miracle we finished third. A big part of the miracle is down to him and you have to give him credit for that. He prepared for every game the right way. When he played the game he was 100 per cent committed. At the end he chose to go somewhere else. OK, I don’t like it, but that is being professional again. He is a boy, born in Holland. We have taken him from Holland and we have to accept that when a player is professional, he can move again".
Other news Premier League (England)
- 03 Mar 06:19 CHELSEA, Terry: "I hope to remain for a few more years"
- 02 Mar 22:00 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain on Giroud: "Oli is always there for scoring, that's just what we need"
- 02 Mar 20:00 MANCHESTER UNITED, Rooney on Di Maria: "He's talented, hopefully he'll start giving great performances for us as well"
- 02 Mar 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Yaya Touré is happy here"
- 01 Mar 06:59 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "Forever in England"
- 28 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Bellerìn: "It's gonna be hard. We'll need to prove CL night was an accident"
- 28 Feb 06:29 MAN. UTD, De Gea: "I am happy here"
- 27 Feb 17:00 ARSENAL v EVERTON, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Wilshere will have surgery"
- 27 Feb 15:30 ARSENAL, Henry: "Training Gunners is a dream of mine"
- 27 Feb 13:30 TOTTENHAM, Chadli: "Now let's put disappointment away and make our best for Capital One Cup"
- 27 Feb 13:17 EVERTON, Europa League pairing with Dynamo Kyiv
- 27 Feb 13:00 ARSENAL, Mertesacker after Emirates fiasco: "We'll need a wonderful night in Monaco"
- 27 Feb 12:15 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers after Besiktas EL failure: "We are disappointed for how much we put into the game"
- 26 Feb 07:00 ARSENAL, Wenger comments upon AS Monaco fiasco: "We were suicidal defensively"
- 26 Feb 02:20 ARSENAL v AS MONACO 1-3 - The Matchbox
- 25 Feb 11:43 ARSENAL, Monreal: "Wenger? I feel very lucky to have such a great coach"
- 25 Feb 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Paulinho: "I was about to leave"
- 24 Feb 21:00 ARSENAL v AS MONACO, Preview - Wenger: "We've got equal chances to pass the turn"
- 24 Feb 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Djuricic: "I would like to remain"
- 23 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Touré's agent: "Ready to commit to City for life"
- 22 Feb 06:59 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Demichelis could stay"
- 21 Feb 16:00 CHELSEA, Mourinho on Paris metro incident: "We invite mister Souleymane to join us at Stamford Bridge on our expense"
- 21 Feb 15:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Luke Shaw: "I know how good Swans can be on their days"
- 21 Feb 14:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal on team news: "Van Persie and Jones are fit for playing"
- 21 Feb 13:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Ospina: "They've got a direct style and move fast, we'll need to be careful"
- 21 Feb 12:00 SWANSEA v MANCHESTER UNITED, Preview - Van Gaal: "We've got a fantastic spirit now, and we are looking for the perfect balance"
- 21 Feb 11:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Eagles captain Jedinak: "We are in the right mood to face such a strong team as Gunners"
- 21 Feb 10:00 SOUTHAMPTON v LIVERPOOL, Preview - Allen: "Saints have already succeeded in testing us"
- 21 Feb 09:00 LIVERPOOL, Joe Allen: "Jordon Ibe is brilliant, he's got the raw talent needed"
- 21 Feb 01:30 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I want to stay"
- 20 Feb 19:00 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Intense ground, and Pardew is doing very well. I'm happy for Chamakh's new career with Eagles"
- 20 Feb 17:00 TOTTENHAM, Ben Davies: "Good job against Fiorentina, but they were solid and hard to break"
- 20 Feb 14:44 CRYSTAL PALACE v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Ramsey still, doubts on Flamini and Bellerin. Wilshere is ok"
- 20 Feb 14:29 LIVERPOOL, Moreno about Besiktas: "We've been lucky as well"
- 19 Feb 01:12 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Alexis rejected several clubs to make Gunners switch"
- 18 Feb 14:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "We have to maintain momentum"
- 18 Feb 13:44 CHELSEA, Ivanovic cheered by Blues draw at Paris
- 18 Feb 06:39 WERDER, Eichin: "Prödl could renew"
- 18 Feb 06:19 CHELSEA, Mourinho: "I miss Italy, but.."
- 17 Feb 18:15 LIVERPOOL, 4-game Europa League sanction for Markovic
- 17 Feb 06:19 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I want to buy a midfielder"
- 16 Feb 06:29 CHELSEA, Hazard: "No contacts with PSG"
- 14 Feb 19:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Welbeck: "Winning FA Cup would mean a lot to me"
- 14 Feb 16:30 ARSENAL, Akpom: "Playing with world-class names like Cazorla and Rosicky is a striker's dream"
- 14 Feb 14:00 ARSENAL v MIDDLESBROUGH, Preview - Wenger: "Szczesny is back, competition with Ospina is open"
- 14 Feb 12:00 ARSENAL, Gnabry: "I'm feeling good coming back, now I've got to keep pushing"
- 14 Feb 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Henderson: "No rush over new deal"
- 13 Feb 19:30 ARSENAL, Paulista close to debut
- 13 Feb 15:30 EVERTON, Lukaku: "It's my ambition to get playing in a club like Chelsea"
- 13 Feb 06:29 QPR, Isla: "No regrets about Juve"
- 12 Feb 06:19 MAN. UTD, Falcao's agent: "He is happy here"
- 10 Feb 06:29 CHELSEA, Mourinho's agent: "He will stay for a long time"
- 09 Feb 13:15 TOTTENHAM, King Kane after triumph over Arsenal: "Words can't describe how I'm feeling now"
- 09 Feb 09:53 ARSENAL, It’s 31 years since Gunner signed Paul Mariner.
- 09 Feb 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "I think Milner will stay"
- 08 Feb 00:00 ARSENAL, Welbeck after city derby defeat: "We are devastated"
- 07 Feb 18:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL 2-1, The Matchbox Report: Kane's double decides
- 07 Feb 13:30 ARSENAL, Wenger on Walcott: "Now he needs a long time without injuries"
- 07 Feb 13:15 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Bentaleb: "Always a special game against Gunners"
- 07 Feb 13:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "Dark-working players, like Coquelin or Cazorla, are crucial"
- 07 Feb 12:45 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "A potentially spectacular game. Confidence will be the key"
- 07 Feb 12:30 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Pochettino: "This kind of match has to be played with the heart, as well as with head and brains"
- 07 Feb 12:15 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Ramsey: "Now Coquelin is my insurance"
- 07 Feb 12:00 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger: "If you love football, you love Rosicky"
- 07 Feb 06:59 WEST HAM, Allardyce: "A bit frustrated about the transfer market"
- 06 Feb 18:43 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Mertesacker: "There will be a special atmosphere. We'll have to be cautious defense-wise"
- 06 Feb 16:30 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Wenger on team news: "Welbeck is back. Bielik? He's coming very well"
- 06 Feb 15:45 TOTTENHAM v ARSENAL, Preview - Koscielny: "Bellerin and Coquelin will help us a lot, they are ready"
- 06 Feb 06:19 LEICESTER, Pearson: "Quite happy with the transfer market"
- 05 Feb 20:30 BREAKING NEWS - ARSENAL, Possible new smoke-related crisis for Wilshere
- 05 Feb 19:00 ARSENAL, Ospina: "There's a great goalkeeping tradition in Colombia. I've been always dreaming of Premier League"
- 05 Feb 17:30 ARSENAL, Sanchez injured: no city derby against Tottenham for Chilean star
- 05 Feb 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Adebayor: "Happy that I didn't join West Ham"
- 04 Feb 06:19 QPR, Redknapp: "Leaving is the best solution"
- 03 Feb 17:39 ARSENAL, Gilberto Silva: "Gilberto is a mirror for me"
- 03 Feb 11:09 CHELSEA, Cuadrado: "I’m going to be part of such a big club"
- 02 Feb 06:19 CHELSEA, Drogba: "I will play here in the next season"
- 02 Feb 06:00 REAL MADRID, S. Ramos: "I don't see myself with another team"
- 30 Jan 06:19 WEST HAM, Allardyce: "We still hope to sign Fletcher"
- 29 Jan 06:19 EVERTON, Martinez: "I don't think we'll replace Eto'o"
- 28 Jan 06:19 NEWCASTLE, Sissoko: "I want to remain in England"
- 27 Jan 06:19 MAN. UTD, Januzai's agent: "He is not for sale"
- 26 Jan 14:03 CHELSEA, Drogba: "When I came to England, things were difficult"
- 26 Jan 13:36 LIVERPOOL, Sturridge returns to full training
- 26 Jan 06:29 WEST HAM, Allardyce: "I have talked with Fletcher's agent"
- 25 Jan 06:59 SWANSEA, Monk: "I think Gomis will stay"
- 24 Jan 06:29 CHELSEA, Ramires' agent: "No negotiations for his departure"
- 23 Jan 11:03 LIVERPOOL, Brendan: "Lucas is the perfect example"
- 23 Jan 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Coquelin will get a new deal"
- 22 Jan 06:19 MAN. CITY, Caballero: "I'm not moving to Argentina"
- 21 Jan 06:19 MAN. CITY, Jovetic: "I never wanted to go"
- 20 Jan 06:19 QPR, Fernandes: "Redknapp will stay"
- 19 Jan 09:29 MAN UTD, Rojo: "I came here to be a champion"
- 19 Jan 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Difficult to find a defender"
- 18 Jan 06:59 MAN. UTD, Van Gaal: "I don't expect a big signing"
- 17 Jan 06:29 MAN. CITY, Yaya Touré: "I don't know if I'll stay"
- 16 Jan 06:19 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "Balotelli going nowhere"
- 15 Jan 06:29 MAN. CITY, Pellegrini: "Normal to be linked to the best players"
- 14 Jan 17:52 MANCHESTER CITY, Bony: "It’s a big honour to be here"
- 14 Jan 06:19 SOUTHAMPTON, Schneiderlin: "I can't say what will happen next summer"
- 03 Mar 21:30 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Nef extends for FC Zurich
- 03 Mar 21:15 SWITZERLAND/ OFFICIAL, Sion sign Fedele from Grasshoppers
- 03 Mar 21:00 ITALY/ INTER, Duel to United and Arsenal on Kondogbia: 20 million euros needed
- 03 Mar 20:45 SPAIN/ BARCELONA FC, Keen on Calhanoglu
- 03 Mar 20:30 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Boulahrouz unlikely to be offered deal extension
- 03 Mar 20:16 ENGLAND/ QPR, Ramsey says five wins will keep team in the Premier League
- 03 Mar 20:00 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Willing to hire Pizzi back from Atletico Madrid
- 03 Mar 19:44 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Assou-Ekotto still on target
- 03 Mar 19:30 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Mitrovic is the new name on tabs
- 03 Mar 19:14 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Spurs linked with Horn
- 03 Mar 19:00 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Vietto's agent: "He could join Liverpool, as well as..."
- 03 Mar 18:51 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sassuolo sign Natali
- 03 Mar 18:44 ENGLAND/ CHELSEA, Mourinho has guaranteed Terry will stay
- 03 Mar 18:30 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, From UK: Premier League and continental top suitors increasing for Kurzawa
- 03 Mar 18:15 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Mowbray is the new Coventry manager
- 03 Mar 18:00 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Rensing extends for Fortuna Dusseldorf
- 03 Mar 17:45 ENGLAND/ TOTTENHAM, Eyes on Ricardo Horta
- 03 Mar 17:30 GERMANY/ SCHALKE 04, Boateng might leave next summer: Arsenal and Juventus weighing it up
- 03 Mar 17:30 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Back for Mpoku in January
- 03 Mar 17:15 ENGLAND/ WEST HAM, Allardyce: "Important renewal offer for Reid"
- 03 Mar 17:00 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Suggestion for Baba
- 03 Mar 16:45 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, A new attempt for Schneiderlin ready
- 03 Mar 16:30 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Sepe extends long-term for Napoli
- 03 Mar 16:15 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER UNITED, From Spain: meeting with Danilo's entourage
- 03 Mar 15:59 LIVERPOOL & INTER, Both ready to try again for Lavezzi
- 03 Mar 15:30 BRAZIL/ CORINTHIANS, Chairman De Andrade: "Pato won't join us back"
- 03 Mar 14:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, New contacts with Bonucci's agent for renewal
- 03 Mar 13:30 GERMANY/ KAISERSLAUTERN, Keen on Latza
- 03 Mar 12:44 IRELAND, Domenech reveals NT dream
- 03 Mar 12:35 ITALY/ PALERMO, Dybala: "I would swim to Barcelona to join them"
- 03 Mar 12:23 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Wenger: "We are nowhere near to winning the Premier"
- 03 Mar 12:22 ENGLAND/ COVENTRY, Tony Mowbray will be the new coach
- 03 Mar 12:00 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Eds eye up Balotelli replacement
- 03 Mar 10:59 ENGLAND/ MAN CITY, Pellegrini is fighting to save his job
- 03 Mar 10:44 ENGLAND/ MAN UTD, Could arrive Brooklyn Beckham
- 03 Mar 10:00 SPAIN/ BARCELONA, Dani Alves could extend
- 03 Mar 09:15 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Stuttgart sign youngsters Ristl and Wanitzek
- 03 Mar 08:30 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Pontes quits Maritimo
- 03 Mar 08:15 FRANCE/ PSG, Marquinhos about to renew
- 03 Mar 08:00 HOLLAND/ FEYENOORD, Boulahrouz intended to leave
- 03 Mar 07:40 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY, Chance for Sergi Roberto
- 03 Mar 07:17 PERU/ OFFICIAL, Gareca is the new NT coach
- 03 Mar 06:57 OM, Labrune: "Bielsa to Inter? Not true"
- 03 Mar 06:39 BORUSSIA M., Eberl: "No special clause for Kruse"
- 03 Mar 06:19 CHELSEA, Terry: "I hope to remain for a few more years"
- 03 Mar 06:00 REAL MADRID, Kroos: "I am very well here"
- 03 Mar 00:00 PSG, Menez: "No regrets about PSG"
- 02 Mar 23:37 GERMANY/ HANNOVER, Eyes on Hysaj
- 02 Mar 23:17 HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Schöne renews with Ajax
- 02 Mar 22:59 SPAIN/ VILLARREAL, Also Barcelona after Vietto
Purchased by AS Monaco from FC Seville in summer 2013, on a 20 million euros payment, French central midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia (22) might now leave for the same price before next September. An item of interest for Manchester United and Arsenal, as well as for Everton, the pla
Interviewed by Bein Sport, AC Milan forward Jérémy Menez has declared: "I have good reminds of PSG, the first two seasons have been
Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos has declared: "Am I enjoying being here? Yes, absolutely. At the beginning you do need to adapt a bit but in fo
Chelsea 34-year-old defender John Terry has declared: "If this is my last year, then I hope it goes out on a bang. But I am feeling great at the
Interviewed by TMW, OM president Vincente Labrune has declared about the possibility for his team's head coach Marcelo Bielsa to join Inter Milan:
Wolfsburg attacking midfielder Kevin de Bruyne has declared: "I never said that I want to leave next Summer. In football it wouldn't be smart