ARSENAL, Wenger: "We can't afford high salaries"
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared: "We live in the economic reality which other clubs do not. There are some things we cannot afford to do. How much do you want to pay, £250,000 a week? £300,000? We are here to make the players as rich as possible but also to respect our balance sheet. Honestly, I think it is a short-term problem. You cannot imagine the world will go on just splashing money out without any return. When you have lost the standard of living for normal people, and the football world always gets higher and higher, that cannot last because people will not accept it. This is a situation that is a completely brutal reality of professional sport. Van Persie was captain of the team last year and until the last minute of the season he fought like mad. That is professional. It is a miracle we finished third. A big part of the miracle is down to him and you have to give him credit for that. He prepared for every game the right way. When he played the game he was 100 per cent committed. At the end he chose to go somewhere else. OK, I don’t like it, but that is being professional again. He is a boy, born in Holland. We have taken him from Holland and we have to accept that when a player is professional, he can move again".
Transfer Market Web news: football - soccer transfer news and rumors
Other news Premier League (England)
- 21 May 06:15 LIVERPOOL, Gerrard: "We need new signings"
- 20 May 17:00 FULHAM, Jol: "We need a new goalkeeper"
- 20 May 15:30 ARSENAL, Oxlade-Chamberlain: "I was looking forward to the opportunity of playing as a midfielder"
- 20 May 14:30 MAN. UNITED, Carrick: "Surreal atmosphere after Ferguson's final match. We reciprocally thanked for all"
- 20 May 06:15 MANCHESTER CITY, Nasri: "No contacts with PSG"
- 19 May 06:59 QPR, Redknapp: "No contacts with Arsenal for Julio Cesar"
- 18 May 18:59 ARSENAL, Sagna: "I admire Ibra, who never sold out. Playing with him? Why not?!"
- 18 May 06:29 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We are not after Rooney"
- 17 May 19:30 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We are the masters of our own fate"
- 17 May 17:40 ARSENAL, Wenger: "The worst thing for a manager is playing without any pressure"
- 17 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "I’d love to have signed Beckham"
- 17 May 16:45 ARSENAL, Podolski: "We must qualify"
- 17 May 15:30 ARSENAL, Giroud: "Maybe Newcastle will give us a hard time by playing unpressured"
- 17 May 06:15 QPR, Julio Cesar: "I will leave, but I don't know where I will go"
- 16 May 16:45 ARSENAL, Wenger: "We showed we can share goals"
- 16 May 06:19 CHELSEA, Benitez: "I am not thinking about Napoli"
- 15 May 06:15 ARSENAL, Sagna's agent: "Anzhi? Too early to talk about it"
- 14 May 19:00 ARSENAL, Vermaelen: "Missing some games makes you stronger. My captaincy style is still the same"
- 14 May 18:30 ARSENAL, Koscielny: "I'm enjoying playing here. Very good partnership with Mertesacker, I progressed a lot"
- 14 May 06:19 QPR, Granero: "I don't want to play in the Championship"
- 13 May 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Adebayor: "My future remains uncertain"
- 12 May 06:59 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "We want to keep Škrtel"
- 11 May 15:00 TOTTENHAM, Villas-Boas: "Taking Bale away from us will be difficult for Manchester United"
- 11 May 06:29 LIVERPOOL, Rodgers: "Reina is not for sale"
- 10 May 06:15 WEST HAM, Sullivan: "We would like to keep Carroll"
- 09 May 19:00 CHELSEA, Lampard: "I could have done more for deserving a renewal"
- 09 May 15:30 MANCHESTER UNITED, Moyes: "It’s a great honour to be asked to be the next Manager "
- 09 May 06:15 MAN. CITY, Mancini: "Cavani and El Shaarawy? We are not the only club interested"
- 08 May 09:30 MANCHESTER UTD, David Gill: "16 unforgettable years with Ferguson"
- 08 May 06:15 ASTON VILLA, Lambert: "Lowton won't move"
- 07 May 10:30 ARSENAL, Szczesny: "Let's qualify for Champions League, Tottenham have not enough quality"
- 07 May 10:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Podolski will play as a striker"
- 07 May 06:15 STOKE CITY, Pulis: "No offers for Begović"
- 06 May 20:00 ARSENAL, Podolski: "I'm fulfilled with my season, but now we must hit our target"
- 06 May 19:30 MANCHESTER CITY, Yaya Touré: "I might end my career here"
- 06 May 17:30 WEST HAM, Joe Cole: "All of us want Carroll to stay"
- 06 May 07:51 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Theo is so clinical now"
- 06 May 07:15 ARSENAL, Mertesacker: "I'm happy with final games"
- 06 May 06:19 MAN. UTD., Ferguson asks for new signings
- 05 May 06:29 CHELSEA, Cech: "It would be a pleasure to work with Mourinho"
- 04 May 07:27 ST. ETIENNE, Aubameyang: "I like La Liga, the Premier League and the Bundesliga"
- 04 May 06:29 CHELSEA, Benayoun: "I have many offers, but.."
- 03 May 18:00 QPR, Redknapp: "If Arsenal want Julio Cesar, they need to make a good offer"
- 03 May 17:00 ARSENAL, Wenger: "Now we are financially strong"
- 03 May 10:29 LIVERPOOL, Coutinho: "Every day to get better and better"
- 03 May 06:19 FULHAM, Berbatov's agent: "Russia interesting option, but.."
- 02 May 17:47 ARSENAL, Wenger: "How Santi has surprised me"
- 02 May 06:19 READING, Pogrebnyak's agent: "He wants to remain in England"
- 01 May 06:29 MAN. CITY, Tevez: "Back to Boca? If iy was up to me.."
- 30 Apr 06:19 TOTTENHAM, Bale: "Real Madrid? Just speculations"
- 21 May 19:29 SPAIN/ VALENCIA, Back for Iborra
- 21 May 19:16 FRANCE/ OM, Eyes on Mavuba
- 21 May 19:02 ITALY/ NAPOLI, Cavani is waiting for Real
- 21 May 18:46 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, West Ham sign Rat
- 21 May 18:33 ITALY/ AS ROMA, Offer for Benatia ready
- 21 May 18:15 GERMANY/ BAYERN, Also Napoli after Gomez
- 21 May 18:02 PORTUGAL/ OFFICIAL, Braga sign Edinho
- 21 May 18:02 ITALY/ OFFICIAL, Amauri extends with Parma
- 21 May 17:46 PORTUGAL/ PORTO, Moutinho: "I want to stay with Dragoes"
- 21 May 17:33 ENGLAND/ STOKE CITY, Tony Pulis set to leave
- 21 May 17:16 FRANCE/ LYON, Spurs observing Lisandro Lopez
- 21 May 17:00 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, PSG interested in Di Maria
- 21 May 16:47 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Gervinho observed by O.L.
- 21 May 16:31 ENGLAND/ FULHAM, All ready for the arrival of Derek Boateng
- 21 May 16:14 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Montanier is the new coach of Rennes
- 21 May 16:00 ITALY/ EXCLUSIVE TMW - Milan: Galaxy and Chicago in Ambrosini future
- 21 May 15:44 FRANCE/ OFFICIAL, Galtier pens new deal with Saint-Etienne
- 21 May 15:29 SPAIN/ OFFICIAL, The coach Montanier quits Real Sociedad
- 21 May 15:14 AS ROMA, Statement against racism
- 21 May 14:59 FRANCE/ MONACO, Super offer for Moutinho and James Rodriguez
- 21 May 14:35 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Sagna's agent: "No decision on his future"
- 21 May 13:43 SPAIN/ REAL MADRID, Back for Aguuero
- 21 May 13:36 FRANCE/ PSG, The new target is Witsel
- 21 May 13:27 FRANCE/ MONACO, N'Zogbia the next target
- 21 May 13:18 ITALY/ INTER, Moratti: "I'm thinking about the best choice I can make"
- 21 May 13:09 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Tiago llori is the first target
- 21 May 13:00 ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY Kompany is £20mlns summer target for Barcelona
- 21 May 12:56 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Edgar Davids with Barnet also next year
- 21 May 12:46 ITALY/ INTER, Moratti: "I didn't chage my mind on Stramaccioni"
- 21 May 12:31 PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Cardozo observed by Atletico Madrid
- 21 May 12:24 ENGLAND/ OFFICIAL, Mitchell extends with Rangers
- 21 May 12:15 ITALY/ NAPOLI, De Laurentiis: "Here why I'm in London. I'm talking with City"
- 21 May 12:00 FRANCE/ PSG, Thiago Silva's agent: "No chance I'll leave"
- 21 May 11:45 TURKEY/ GALATASARAY, Observing Potuk
- 21 May 11:31 ENGLAND/ LIVERPOOL, Close to agree with Kolo Toure
- 21 May 11:15 ENGLAND/ FULHAM, Eyes on the young Mello
- 21 May 11:00 ENGLAND/ ARSENAL, Brand new rush for Jo-Jo Jovetic
- 21 May 10:50 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, One more suitor for Leali
- 21 May 10:40 RUSSIA/ KUBAN KRASNODAR, Three Russian giants keen on Armenian star Özbiliz
- 21 May 10:30 HOLLAND/ AJAX, Turkish chance for Babel
- 21 May 10:20 GERMANY/ OFFICIAL, Sorensen leaves Energie Cottbus
- 21 May 10:11 ITALY/ TMW, Higuain-Juve confirmed the meeting for tomorrow
- 21 May 10:10 ITALY/ BOLOGNA, Gilardino set to stay
- 21 May 10:00 GERMANY/ BORUSSIA DORTMUND, Hummels: "No contacts with Barça or any other club"
- 21 May 09:52 ITALY/ FIORENTINA, Pizarro's agent: "He wants to leave"
- 21 May 09:50 ITALY/ PALERMO, Three suitors for Sorrentino
- 21 May 09:40 NORWICH & SWANSEA, Keen on Arter
- 21 May 09:30 ITALY/ JUVENTUS, Bonera on target
- 21 May 09:20 ITALY/ CAGLIARI, Two suitors for Nené
- 21 May 09:10 FRANCE/ AS MONACO, Romero in the viewfinder
According to L'Equipe, AS Roma are ready to offer 11 million euros to Udinese to obtain 25 year old defender Mehdi Benatia.
What occurred Sunday night is appalling and unacceptable. AS Roma does not want those individuals responsible as fans. The actions of this small...
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has declared: about 50 year old coach Jose Mourinho: "Nobody has fired anyone, everything has been...
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has declared: "Since January this team has shown a better level of consistency. We've shown Champions...
Interviewed by Kicker, Borussia Dortmund center back Mats Hummels has declared: "There have been no contacts with other clubs. I will...
PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has declared: "I think that there is already a pre-agreement between Ancelotti and Real Madri, but I...